The top 4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The top 4

gjr
05-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Who and when can change the current top 4?

1) Nadal. It's going to take an early exit from Wimbly and USO for him not to be 2009 World No. 1

2) Federer. He may drop to number 4 by the end of the year but he will be still clear of 5 and below.

3) Murray. Getting better by the match but still lacks the experience of defending major points; which he has to do later in the year.

4) Djokovic. Inconsistent in almost everything he does. Can't defend a title but will always do well when least expected.

Del Potro is the closest but he's possibly still a full year from challenging.

finishingmove
05-15-2009, 04:13 PM
REAL TOP 4

verdasco, ljubicic etc.

This is Sparta
05-15-2009, 04:18 PM
When Chuck Norris gets a racquet. Then it will be Top 1, and the others.

Erica86
05-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Who and when can change the current top 4?

1) Nadal. It's going to take an early exit from Wimbly and USO for him not to be 2009 World No. 1

2) Federer. He may drop to number 4 by the end of the year but he will be still clear of 5 and below.

3) Murray. Getting better by the match but still lacks the experience of defending major points; which he has to do later in the year.

4) Djokovic. Inconsistent in almost everything he does. Can't defend a title but will always do well when least expected.

Del Potro is the closest but he's possibly still a full year from challenging.

Wrong. Nadal will be number 1 even if those two things happen.

Radalek
05-15-2009, 04:33 PM

World will tremble when Chuck Norris hits topspin...

Roddickominator
05-15-2009, 04:36 PM
World will tremble when Chuck Norris hits topspin...

Chuck's slice cuts the ball like a grater does to cheese.

Garson007
05-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Wrong. Nadal will be number 1 even if those two things happen.
No. It is still possible for him to lose #1 EOY ranking.

Erica86
05-15-2009, 04:44 PM

Did you read the sentence I wrote?

Smasher
05-15-2009, 04:48 PM

Nobody reads the sentences you write. Garson just accidentally pressed the quote button

Voo de Mar
05-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't know who & when, maybe in two years time.
Nadal is far ahead from the rest, then is the group of three players on a very similar level, then through a very long distance nothing, and players like Del Potro, Verdasco, Roddick but none of them has potential at the moment to break into Top 4.

Erica86
05-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Nobody reads the sentences you write. Garson just accidentally pressed the quote button

You should have a better consideration of yourself. You call yourself NOBODY.

w78dexon_y
05-15-2009, 05:03 PM

Sure, Murr is gonna take Rafa down. That's what he said two months ago, anyway.

tennisfan444
05-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Much as I hate it, if Fed doesn't improve his game years end will be Murray number 2, Fed 3 unless Dj can keep focus and play to his ability then yes its number 4 for Fed in 2009

philosophicalarf
05-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Murray will probably take number two before the start of the N American hard court season, but fair to good chance he then loses it to Djoko by the end of year.

Fed is stuffed for the rankings unless he wins Wimbledon and defends the US Open and his Roland Garros final, a pretty tall order. He just doesn't get enough points from the masters these days to stay at number2 otherwise.

Iván
05-15-2009, 05:28 PM

WRONG

Garson007
05-15-2009, 06:04 PM
:wavey: You made a statement, I refuted it with mathematical fact. :shrug:

vidanhv
05-15-2009, 06:07 PM
LOOOL! Love this one.

vidanhv
05-15-2009, 06:18 PM
OK, first, Nadal losing no 1 by the end of the year, even if it is mathematically possible is practically a science fiction. As to Djokovic inconsistency, I hope his post grand-slam-winner-fever is over and that he is back on tracks, so no early exits for him from now on. Muzza, fantastic development and he is progressing every minute. Fed will eventually become interested in tennis once more, when the child is born and family settled. He might go to no. 4 for a while leaving Muzza and Djoker exchanging no. 2 and no. 3 week by week, but he’ll come back in the mix, and you can expect that Nadal will not be that far ahead. Djoko is improving on clay dramatically and this is the only surface where Fed has something to prove, so watch out next year. As to the rest, they can sit comfortably and enjoy the show because, besides some upset from time to time on hard court (for Nadal), clay (for Muzza and Fed) and grass (for Djoko) they cannot possibly realistically think when entering in the match with these guys that they are going to win. New guns are needed, what we have now will never reach top 4, at least not before one of these 4 drops the racket and starts some private business.

petar_pan
05-15-2009, 07:02 PM
tomic will smash all off them and become NEW WORLD ORDER,THE BEST IN THE HISTORY.

born_on_clay
05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Ther is not such a thing as the top 4
Look at the ranking poitns differences
There is Rafa and the chasing trio