Madrid QF: Federer defeats Roddick 7-5 6-7 (5) 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Madrid QF: Federer defeats Roddick 7-5 6-7 (5) 6-1

groundstroke
05-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Roddick tried his hardest, just not good enough to beat Federer on clay.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/622/fedrod.jpg

Federer 15 aces, Roddick 7.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6161297/2/istockphoto_6161297-crying-duck.jpg

EnriqueIG8
Not the best match in quality but it was a pretty entertaining match cause Roddick put up a great fight although the winner was never in doubt IMO.
Next up is Murray/Del Potro.

justsumma
not very good from Fed

Action Jackson
05-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Gobble, gobble, this was not exactly in doubt, but Roddick played a whole lot better than he did against Haas.

The first time in 5 years, Roddick actually ripped a forehand in the TB. Fed came back strong after losing the 2nd set and ran away with it.

The moon would have better claycourts than the cow paddock there in Madrid.

RickDaStick
what a shit match

EnriqueIG8
Madrid bro ;)

miura
18-2 :cool:

TheBoiledEgg
losing a set to Duck on the clay of all things:help: :help:

Roger's washed up

good comeback in 3rd but still :o :o :o

federernadalfan
:lol:
pretty sad second set
everything else expected

marcRD
05-15-2009, 03:24 PM
One of the worst matches I have seen this year on any surface. Just terrible, that tiebreak must have been the worst tiebreak Federer has ever played.

SheepleBuster
Beat down of epic proportions. Unfortunately, Roger played so bad that I doubt he can beat Murray next round. At least it won't be a third straight loss to Novak.

tennisfan444
Awesome last set! Sweet way to send him packing! Go Fed!!!!

FedFan_2007
Sure he lost a set, but a tiebreaker.

Bilbo
05-15-2009, 03:25 PM
woeful from federer

rod had chances to win this in 2

Goget
Stats :

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/622/fedrod.jpg

tennishero
lol roddick must be crying inside, 2-18.

btw murray - delpotro is scheduled for tonight i think?

FlameOn
Andy played well for the first two sets. His forehand was attacking pretty well.

Shame about the third-set collapse.

Anyway, Fed will be eaten alive next round.

groundstroke
Madrid bro ;)

Thank you.. I have no idea why I made that mistake. :eek:

Dini
43 winners, 15 aces. Only lost 2 points prior to that TB on his serve :shrug:

I thought it was a good day at the office. Loved the point in which he toyed with Roddick :hearts:

Corey Feldman
05-15-2009, 03:26 PM
:lol: @ Roddick and the lucky TB, just started playing baseball and they all landed in, so typical of his luck in tie breaks

as for Fed, pure crap, but thats not news to anyone anymore.

SheepleBuster
05-15-2009, 03:26 PM
No wonder Roger didn't want to face Nadal before Roland Garros. With this level of play, Roger won't make it to the final there. What the heck Roger's thinking showing up like that playing so badly just before the french.

alfonsojose
05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Was Roger bored in the tiebreak and he wanted to play more tennis :help: :smash: ? Good try from Andy

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
I love how Roger always manage to out-ace Andy :lol:
at least his w/UE difference was positive this time, he won all points on the net and even if the % 1st serve was kinda low, at least he won a lot of points with it ;)
I just hope he plays next match (very likely against Muzza) like he did on the third set, it's the only chance he's got to do something :shrug:

aussie_fan
05-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Fed pretty bad once again. Andy feel away in the end, played a good TB and just screwed it up from there

Voo de Mar
:banghead: --> Roddick playing against Federer on every surface :D

Dini
No wonder Roger didn't want to face Nadal before Roland Garros. With this level of play, Roger won't make it to the final there. What the heck Roger's thinking showing up like that playing so badly just before the french.

What match were you watching? Apart from that first service blip and that TB I saw a quite rock solid Fed. And magical at times with his drop shots...

FlameOn
:lol: @ Roddick and the lucky TB, just started playing baseball and they all landed in, so typical of his luck in tie breaks

as for Fed, pure crap, but thats not news to anyone anymore.
Andy hit good winners in that tiebreak you egg. :D If anyone else had done that tiebreak you wouldn't have said that.

zeleni
This was their first match on clay.

finishingmove
05-15-2009, 03:29 PM
amazing

Dini
05-15-2009, 03:29 PM
at least his w/UE difference was positive this time, he won all points on the net and even if the % 1st serve was kinda low, at least he won a lot of points with it ;)
I just hope he plays next match (very likely against Muzza) like he did on the third set, it's the only chance he's got to do something :shrug:

:tape::help:

Hola Mr. SK
05-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Fed is dominant through the whole match except 2nd set TB. Should've closed it in 2.
Fed's mental strength remains at a low level.That df in the TB shows it all.
The hurt of the finger might be a factor for Rod in 3rd set.

nanoman
Pure sh1t again from Fed. Now another big blow to his confidence awaits him tomorrow.

habibko
Federer was PISSED that he had to play the third set!!! the third set killa is back :worship:

bring it on, Murray!! :rocker2:

groundstroke
05-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Was Roger bored in the tiebreak and he wanted to play more tennis :help: :smash: ? Good try from Andy

No, Federer was ahead 3-0 in the tiebreak, Roddick won the next 2 points, then these 2 points happened which changed the tiebreak so quickly. (very unlucky for Federer)

At 5-5 in the tie break, Federer produced his first double-fault by millimetres..

At 4-5, in the previous point, Roddick chose to unleash an absolute screamer (forehand), something like 172 kh, Federer had a smash hit back by Roddick in this point as well.

rubbERR
federer played good match, even in tie-break he played pretty good, of course doublefault was not good but he played good match in overall.

GlennMirnyi
Frauderer, you suck.

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
:lol: :lol:
I think that's what is most humilliating for Andy, 'cuz that's his biggest weapon and yet Roger beats him time and time and time again :o

FedFan_2007
Pure sh1t again from Fed. Now another big blow to his confidence awaits him tomorrow.

Ok, you don't belong on MTF with garbage like that.

Billabong
Did Fed play better or worse than in their 09 Miami match;)??

MrChopin
(1) Duck sucks. This doesn't tell us anything about how Fed will do against #4, #3, or #1.

(2) Fed is arrogant.

Case closed.

http://www.gossipgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/judge-mathis.jpg

FedFan_2007
05-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Frauderer, you suck.

No Glenn, YOU suck. Stop bashing 7.0 players.

Dini
05-15-2009, 03:33 PM
:lol: :lol:
I think that's what is most humilliating for Andy, 'cuz that's his biggest weapon and yet Roger beats him time and time and time again :o

How many times has Roddick out aced Roger? Anyone have the stats?

Voo de Mar
05-15-2009, 03:34 PM

3 times.

FlameOn
05-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Roger outaces Andy but Andy gets more service winners. It's roughly even the free points they get from their serve.

LEGENDOFTENNIS
anyone know when the Murray game is on UKTIME? and where can i watch it

Arkulari
let's not be bad with the duck, he played a good match, specially if we consider this is clay, but Roger was simply better ;)

Dini
05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
3 times.

:eek: That's even worse than I expected. Thanks.

Just realised, half Roddick's losses this year have come from Fed.

sLayer
Roger win
but he has improve your serve

Roddickominator
Can't believe Roddick took a set. He played decently on clay, for being Andy Roddick anyway.

Fed hit way too many aces.

Andy started ripping the forehand late in the 2nd set, all the way through the tiebreak. That 105 mph forehand in the tiebreak was :worship:

3rd set after that tough tiebreak he just came out flat. Fed broke early and that was the end of it. Good result for Roddick regardless....should go to the QF of Roland Garros.

Dini
05-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Yes, that's true- Roddick did play really well all things considered. But to me it felt like a HC match more often than not :shrug:

Serving dominated, especially in the second set.

Their matches have been close, the 18-2 H2H doesn't tell the whole story in my opinion.

Sunset of Age
Strange to see all those negative comments. I think Roddick played very well in the first two sets, his serve was Karlovic-like - and as it has already been said by quite a couple of other posters, this surface seems to give advantage to Big Servers. Looked like a slow HC-match to me... :shrug:

Very, very happy to see quite a few of amazing, wizard-like drop shots by Feds. And of course the fact that he didn't fold mentally in the third this time, but in stead, directed his obvious anger about losing that TB in a very positive manner - out for the KILL! :rocker2:

The only thing still being worrisome is Fed's first serve %. If he gets that working again... Muzza beware.
(obviously not talking about Rodge's chances against Raf, here. :angel:)

groundstroke
Can't believe Roddick took a set. He played decently on clay, for being Andy Roddick anyway.

Fed hit way too many aces.

Andy started ripping the forehand late in the 2nd set, all the way through the tiebreak. That 105 mph forehand in the tiebreak was :worship:

3rd set after that tough tiebreak he just came out flat. Fed broke early and that was the end of it. Good result for Roddick regardless....should go to the QF of Roland Garros.

Let's not get too confident now.

Fumus
05-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Great match from Andy. I expect him to do better at RG this year.

OnyxRose
Andy fought well. People shouldn't gloat; this match just proved that Nadal has nothing to fear from Roger.

rubbERR
Roger was serving well until he got nervous, when he was serving match he served like 5 or 4 2nd serves in row.

groundstroke
05-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Strange to see all those negative comments. I think Roddick played very well in the first two sets, his serve was Karlovic-like - and as it has already been said by quite a couple of other posters, this surface seems to give advantage to Big Servers. Looked like a slow HC-match to me... :shrug:

Very, very happy to see quite a few of amazing, wizard-like drop shots by Feds. And of course the fact that he didn't fold mentally in the third this time, but in stead, directed his obvious anger about losing that TB in a very positive manner - out for the KILL! :rocker2:

The only thing still being worrisome is Fed's first serve %. If he gets that working again... Muzza beware.
(obviously not talking about Rodge's chances against Raf, here. :angel:)

His backhand always looks good against Roddick, on grass, hardcourt, anywhere they play, he makes some of the most amazing shots against him with his BH, today some of those drop shots and down-the-line winners were just stunning.

ToniTennis
:lol: four threads about this match. The mods are gonna be busy.

Well done Fed :yeah:

Sunset of Age
What match were you watching? Apart from that first service blip and that TB I saw a quite rock solid Fed. And magical at times with his drop shots...

Indeed. A much, MUCH better perfomance than against Blake. Roddick gave Feds a match, Blake just handed it over, and I'm very happy to see some of Fed's angry fighting spirit back. Perhaps the best news to come out of this match. :D

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Roger's third set was EXCELLENT, he was very angry at losing the TB and channeled that anger into a win ;)

FedFan_2007
05-15-2009, 03:43 PM
FedGod is back baby! :rocker:

Dini
05-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Indeed. A much, MUCH better perfomance than against Blake. Roddick gave Feds a match, Blake just handed it over, and I'm very happy to see some of Fed's angry fighting spirit back. Perhaps the best news to come out of this match. :D

Yes me too, as of late he has been crumbling big time in the 3rd sets. :help: So it was quite a nice change. True, Andy gave him a match, and he delivered in the end.

But the Murray match will be tough. Assuming Andy wins that is.

justsumma
05-15-2009, 03:46 PM
FedGod is back baby! :rocker:
No baby :(

SheepleBuster
05-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Good enough to beat Nadal? Got a question for you. What are you hitting on man. Can you pass some?

Johnny Groove
05-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Andy had this in the bag. Nice of him to give Roger another shot for the semis.

Roddick's revenge will be in Paris.

Corey Feldman
05-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Great match from Andy. I expect him to do better at RG this year.
Yep, 2nd R should be reached

Fumus
05-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Good enough to beat Nadal? Got a question for you. What are you hitting on man. Can you pass some?

Keep in mind this was only Roddick's second match in over a month. Second real match on clay. I was very impressed from the Rod man, he showed a lot of good stuff here.

Fed's game is in tatters.

Fumus
05-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Yep, 2nd R should be reached

Let's not get crazy, this isn't license to drive here. We have a world with rules.

Dini
05-15-2009, 03:51 PM

Where did I mention that he is good enough to beat Nadal?! :confused:

Fed at his peak wasn't good enough to beat Nadal on clay, and it isn't about to happen now.

habibko
05-15-2009, 03:52 PM
let's not be bad with the duck, he played a good match, specially if we consider this is clay, but Roger was simply better ;)

that's all there is to say really, never mind the trolls and haters, they would find shit to say even if Fed won 6-0, 6-0, they would complain that he didn't get the job done faster :lol: ;)

Jaz
05-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Fed had a great backhand today.

Leaking errors on the forehand though

Murray in 2.

magnoliaewan
Nice one champ! :yeah:

moonlightdance
made the quarters & took a set of fed...andy's looking like a real threat for making it past the first round at RG this year

Corey Feldman
05-15-2009, 03:55 PM
maybe Rod will be lucky and draw Monaco in 1st round at RG ;)

Sunset of Age
05-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes me too, as of late he has been crumbling big time in the 3rd sets. :help: So it was quite a nice change. True, Andy gave him a match, and he delivered in the end.

But the Murray match will be tough. Assuming Andy wins that is.

Of course. The key to the outcome of that match will be the quality of Roger's serve, and well... that still seems to be the part of his game that currently lets him down the most.

Andy had this in the bag. Nice of him to give Roger another shot for the semis.

Roddick's revenge will be in Paris.

When did Andy have this match in the bag? I must have missed something...

Fed at his peak wasn't good enough to beat Nadal on clay, and it isn't about to happen now.

Exactly. Wonder why some folks over here constantly react as if there's no other player around than Nadal. Roger will have to REACH that final first, and that will be enough of a tough job already.

Dini
05-15-2009, 03:57 PM
made the quarters & took a set of fed...andy's looking like a real threat for making it past the first round at RG this year

I wouldn't call it "made", more like "got to" ;)

SheepleBuster
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM

Dude. If Roger can't beat Nadal which he can't with this level of play, why does it matter anyway? Don't tell me Roger is out there to gather more runner up trophies. Nothing against what you said but Roger said, "I want to win the French" Ain't happening if you drop a set to a guy you have beaten like 100 times. Blake & Roddick both can't beat Nadal even if they play as a team.

Dini
05-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Dude. If Roger can't beat Nadal which he can't with this level of play, why does it matter anyway? Don't tell me Roger is out there to gather more runner up trophies. Nothing against what you said but Roger said, "I want to win the French" Ain't happening if you drop a set to a guy you have beaten like 100 times. Blake & Roddick both can't beat Nadal even if they play as a team.

It matters because I'm a fan of him and not his wins over Nadal nor his trophy's. I want to see him play well again. And if that is not good enough then so be it. Couldn't care less who's across the net. As long as he plays like we know he can, and gives it a good fight.

Roger always says the same thing about RG. Always plays those mind games. I know it won't happen, deep inside he knows it won't happen so all that talk is just to keep those players thinking that he isn't done yet. :shrug:

SheepleBuster
05-15-2009, 04:08 PM
It matters because I'm a fan of him and not his wins over Nadal nor his trophy's. I want to see him play well again. And if that is not good enough then so be it. Couldn't care less who's across the net. As long as he plays like we know he can, and gives it a good fight.

Roger always says the same thing about RG. Always plays those mind games. I know it won't happen, deep inside he knows it won't happen so all that talk is just to keep those players thinking that he isn't done yet. :shrug:

OK. Sorry to snap at you but I WANT Roger to win, and I think he deserves to win a French after all these finals. I just don't think he is even the 2nd best player in the world on clay these days. He is close to 4th in my opinion. If he beat Murray tomorrow, I might change my mind but if he loses to Andy on clay, then it's over as far as the French is concerned. But beating Rafa? Roger should've beat Rafa in 2005 semi. He kept complaining about darkness after winning that 2nd set and lost the plot completely. After that, there was no stopping Nadal.

freeandlonely
05-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Longest H-H among active players? But it's not a rivalry for sure.

Semi-final is another level, though.

Dini
05-15-2009, 04:14 PM
OK. Sorry to snap at you but I WANT Roger to win, and I think he deserves to win a French after all these finals. I just don't think he is even the 2nd best player in the world on clay these days. He is close to 4th in my opinion. If he beat Murray tomorrow, I might change my mind but if he loses to Andy on clay, then it's over as far as the French is concerned. But beating Rafa? Roger should've beat Rafa in 2005 semi. He kept complaining about darkness after winning that 2nd set and lost the plot completely. After that, there was no stopping Nadal.

It's OK, I understand your frustration. ;)

Deep inside I want him to win against Nadal of course. But it's not gonna happen, so I'm not gonna sit here and cry about it. I'll just have to be satisfied with good days at the office and enjoy him playing. I've got over it already, Roger simply cannot beat Nadal. Maybe, if Nadal is injured he'll take more than 1 set against him. :banghead:

I just want to cherish the moments where he does actually play well and solid. As it isn't happening very often these days :sobbing:. Is there anything wrong in that?

CyBorg
05-15-2009, 04:20 PM
When Roddick takes a set off you on clay you just know you're washed up.

SheepleBuster
05-15-2009, 04:21 PM
It's OK, I understand your frustration. ;)

Deep inside I want him to win against Nadal of course. But it's not gonna happen, so I'm not gonna sit here and cry about it. I'll just have to be satisfied with good days at the office and enjoy him playing. I've got over it already, Roger simply cannot beat Nadal. Maybe, if Nadal is injured he'll take more than 1 set against him. :banghead:

I just want to cherish the moments where he does actually play well and solid. As it isn't happening very often these days :sobbing:. Is there anything wrong in that?

I do think Roger's best days are probably behind him. Roger was always making shots that seemed impossible. I guess the law of averages has caught on and he is now missing most of those shots. His backhand gets abused by more people (even Roddick for God's sake!). But, Fed is still good enough to beat most folks. And I do think if Roger played 100% against Nadal and forgot about the past, he'd beat Rafa. It's just that Roger never plays his best against Rafa or rather Rafa never allows him to.

Joao
05-15-2009, 04:30 PM

I know! I don't know what match people were watching but besides the tie-break, I think Federer played quite solid. He barely lost any point when his first serve got in ... and lots of winners for a match played on clay. That'll be plenty enough to beat Murray!

magnoliaewan
05-15-2009, 04:32 PM
I know! I don't know what match people were watching but besides the tie-break, I think Federer played quite solid. He barely lost any point when his first serve got in ... and lots of winners for a match played on clay. T:wavey:hat'll be plenty enough to beat Murray!

Yeah, only if Federer doesn't have his usual brainfarts/meltdowns against Murray that he always has.

Jimnik
05-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Not bad Andy. Only 2nd match on clay this year and after a 6 week break still almost matched the Fedbot. Just need to be more solid off the ground which a few more matches should provide.

Commander Data
05-15-2009, 04:46 PM
fed losing 2nd sets as reliable as a swiss watch :mad:

anyway..he won...now, at least reach the final Rog!

Dini
05-15-2009, 04:48 PM
fed losing 2nd sets as reliable as a swiss watch :mad:

anyway..he won...now, at least reach the final Rog!

He df'd when it was 5-5 in the TB. End of story. :lol:

But Andy played well overall. I feel he is underrated here.

Titi
05-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Bit worried with Fed in this tournie - expected a cruise to the finals.

A defeat to Murray(should he win) on clay may be fatal.Hoping he gets to the final.

Geo
05-15-2009, 05:16 PM
pathetic that Roger lost a set to this donkey on clay :o At least he won the match though :rolls:

scarecrows
05-15-2009, 05:19 PM
losing a set to Roddick on clay is worse than losing a match to him on hard

Fed's getting worse and worse

groundstroke
05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
N1IYr1K6oLc&fmt=22

If Fed reaches the final, here's a reason why he can beat Nadal. (and watch 2:48 to 2:57, imagine being Nadal out there playing against Federer on that day, that is called a mental scar)

FedFan_2007
05-15-2009, 05:25 PM
A loss to Murray isn't fatal if he fights hard with no 3rd set collapse, maybe something like 6-4, 4-6, 6-7(10-12) that type of match.

Johnny Groove
05-15-2009, 05:28 PM
If Fed reaches the final, here's a reason why he can beat Nadal. (and watch 2:48 to 2:57, imagine being Nadal out there playing against Federer on that day, that is called a mental scar)

A mental scar is a bagel in a slam final.

A mental scar is losing to a 17 year old kid.

A mental scar is losing both Wimbledon and the Australian, both in 5 sets, and being brought to tears.

Let's get real here :lol:

prima donna
05-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Roger lost a set to Andy Roddick on clay, how such a disturbing fact could seemingly elude people is mind-boggling. Moreover, Roger's demeanor is disgusting. He'll surely lose comfortably should he come up against Nadal.

groundstroke
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM

A mental scar is losing both Wimbledon and the Australian, both in 5 sets, and being brought to tears.

Let's get real here.

The full-force of MTF idiots are out on force today, let's slaughter this fool and put him to his place.

First part - did Federer not beat Nadal 6-0 in Wimbledon 2006? Hah...

Losing to a 17 yr old kid? Yeah, that hurts, but you know what made it up? Next year being 2 sets down to him in around the same tournament and winning the 3 next sets, it's only on clay where Nadal always rolls over any player.

Nadal has lost in a Wimbledon final twice including a bagel and in 2007 Federer played in the last set - some of the best tennis he has ever played, and you know what? That was good for Nadal, just simply, too good, and that's what leaves a scar on players.

You're Spanish, biased and uneducated so it's not natural for you to understand it - but look at the record of Federer vs Nadal outside of clay and you will see that if it's not in Fed's favour, it's very, very close. This isn't to deny that Nadal isn't a good player, but will Nadal still be this good at 28? A fan can dream, a fool will believe.

It's all about perspective and Nadal is just simply the better player in the head and at the moment, but an aging Federer who is well past his prime is still competing with someone who's 22, in their peak of their life and who is winning more and more, think - and then post about mental scars.

I've had to deal with many people on this forum that don't know a thing about tennis, some with around 88 000 posts, some with around 100, don't put yourself into that mix.

morningglory
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
bend over more pls Andy... you never had a spine when it comes to facing "that guy" :lol:

prima donna
05-15-2009, 05:38 PM
The full-force of MTF idiots are out on force today, let's slaughter this fool and put him to his place .
He's a mere troll -- let it go.

Johnny Groove
05-15-2009, 05:39 PM
The full-force of MTF idiots are out on force today, let's slaughter this fool and put him to his place.

First part - did Federer not beat Nadal 6-0 in Wimbledon 2006? Hah...

Losing to a 17 yr old kid? Yeah, that hurts, but you know what made it up? Next year being 2 sets down to him in around the same tournament and winning the 3 next sets, it's only on clay where Nadal always rolls over any player.

Nadal has lost in a Wimbledon final twice including a bagel and in 2007 Federer played in the last set - some of the best tennis he has ever played, and you know what? That was good for Nadal, just simply, too good, and that's what leaves a scar on players.

You're Spanish, biased and uneducated so it's not natural for you to understand it - but look at the record of Federer vs Nadal outside of clay and you will see that if it's not in Fed's favour, it's very, very close. This isn't to deny that Nadal isn't a good player, but will Nadal still be this good at 28? A fan can dream, a fool will believe.

It's all about perspective and Nadal is just simply the better player in the head and at the moment, but an aging Federer who is well past his prime is still competing with someone who's 22, in their peak of their life and who is winning more and more, think - and then post about mental scars.

I've had to deal with many people on this forum that don't know a thing about tennis, some with around 88 000 posts, some with around 100, don't put yourself into that mix.

:spit: :spit: :rolls: I don't even know where to start :lol:

He's a mere troll -- let it go. It's not worth it.

Coming from you? :lol:

Erica86
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
N1IYr1K6oLc&fmt=22

What a stupid comment!
Why don't you watch last year RG's final? Just in case you don't know, it was on clay -same surface as Madrid-. It was more recent, and the same surface. And by the way, why don't you check the whole head to head between Rafa and Roger?

groundstroke
05-15-2009, 05:41 PM
bend over more pls Andy... you never had a spine when it comes to facing "that guy" :lol:

Being an idiot in your part time isn't very efficient; you should consider going full-time idiot, maybe even getting a PhD in the stupidity field as if you watched the match today, you would notice that Roddick gave his all, he tried as hard as he could.

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Rafa is on Roger's head, it's not a question of game, it's a question of mentality and sadly Roger right now doesn't believe on himself enough to beat Rafa :shrug:

Har-Tru
05-15-2009, 05:42 PM
N1IYr1K6oLc&fmt=22

:haha: :haha: :haha:

great comedy value. :yeah:

prima donna
05-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Coming from you? :lol:
Yes, coming from me.

Smasher
05-15-2009, 05:49 PM
I only saw the second set tb. Wth was that one fh winner from Roddick? I mean seriously, where did it come from?

Johnny Groove
05-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes, coming from me.

When the pot calls the kettle black, the kettle need not respond.

prima donna
05-15-2009, 05:57 PM
When the pot calls the kettle black, the kettle need not respond.
Being rude isn't quite the same as inundating thread after thread with infantile smiley faces -- posting on MTF isn't about tennis for you. It's a repetitive exercise in which you stir the cauldron of animus that you've accumulated since joining in 2006.

Nadal is a better player than Roger at this point in their respective careers. Go troll elsewhere.

FedFan_2007
05-15-2009, 05:58 PM
There is no question that Roger is to Rafa what AndyDuck is to Roger. Mentally owned on all surfaces.

miura
05-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Hey let's spend a perfectly good friday afternoon inside on the computer talking shit about a tennis player who has achieved more than anyone here ever could dream of. Much better than drinking beer in the sun with your friends, no?

miura
05-15-2009, 06:12 PM
There is no question that Roger is to Rafa what AndyDuck is to Roger. Mentally owned on all surfaces.
Tell me, is the word 'owned' casually used in everyday speech in the US by people aged over 30? I thought it was pretty much reserved for kids playing Counter-Strike, World of Wizardcraft or any of that non-sense.

r3d_d3v1l_
05-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Some brilliant shots from Federer, but the first serve continues to be crappy.

Roddick serving directly to Federer - moment of the match.

Vida
05-15-2009, 06:25 PM
roddick's backhand reminded me of something form that "cow and chicken" cartoon.

Florida
05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Expected win! Actually I expected it two sets. Andy surprised everybody by winning a set, but he ran out of ambition and energy when he got broken in the third. I still believe Andy's movement on clay is just horrible!It was not Roger's best display but he in on to the semi-finals and I believe he will give Andy M. (if he gets through Delpo) a run for his money and show him what clay is all about!

PiggyGotRoasted
05-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Federer will win this tournament and be in brilliant shape for RG.

I am sure of it

Joao
05-15-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't see why losing a set to Roddick (even on clay) is such a terrible thing. Roddick has been in the top10 for like forever and has won clay tournaments (ok they were in the US but still). He's no pushover. And the set Federer lost was a tie-break. It's not like he lost it 6-2 or something. Sure he should have won in straight sets but he finished that match on a high note.

Erica86
05-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Federer will win this tournament and be in brilliant shape for RG.

I am sure of it

:worship::worship:
And you were sure Roger would murder Rafa in AO final. And you were sure Djokovic would kill Rafa in Rome... and you were sure that Rafa would get roasted in Montecarlo and..., however the one having pork chops every week is Rafa himself.

PiggyGotRoasted
05-15-2009, 06:46 PM
:worship::worship:
And you were sure Roger would murder Rafa in AO final. And you were sure Djokovic would kill Rafa in Rome... and you were sure that Rafa would get roasted in Montecarlo and..., however the one having pork chops every week is Rafa himself.

It will happen sooner or later.

Luck is temporary, class is perminant.

Beat
05-15-2009, 06:47 PM

my first thought - more than twice as many aces as roddick :angel:

Corey Feldman
05-15-2009, 06:49 PM

Let's get real here :lol: well he has plenty more of those Wimbledon and Australian trophies sitting at home - and a few US Opens :wavey:

morningglory
05-15-2009, 07:04 PM
well he has plenty more of those Wimbledon and Australian trophies sitting at home - and a few US Opens :wavey:

yeah so I dont get why he had to be crying so hard he couldnt properly make a speech when he loses ONE :o what a wuss...
He's such a spoiled brat...

Erica86
05-15-2009, 07:06 PM
It will happen sooner or later.

Luck is temporary, class is perminant.

permanent or lasting

Corey Feldman
05-15-2009, 07:14 PM
yeah so I dont get why he had to be crying so hard he couldnt properly make a speech when he loses ONE :o what a wuss...
He's such a spoiled brat...
so what? he cried when he won GS's too

so he's emotional, unlike that Spanish muscle ripped robot who's biggest emotion is to bite a trophy, complain about rankings, schedules and bad courts

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Roger is SUPER emotional, he cried when he won Slams, he cried when he lost, he cried when he got married... :lol:
so what, I for example prefer a emotional man than a closed-off one :shrug: ;)

HeretiC
05-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Federer is still in a bad place where he was in the last 3 months. I fail to see any improvement in any direction, on contrary I see a diminished confidence. He always starts strong in the matches, but the shanks he had at the beginning says lot - that even he doubted himself playing against Roddick on clay. I somehow think that this match would have been a disaster if Roddick managed to secure the break and lead 3-0. Luckily for Fed he did not, Roger got a bit of confidence back and as the match progressed he convinced himself(rightfuly) that the opponent is someone who he always beats and that there is no way he can lose to him. He reduced his errors and got an upper hand at rallies and that was more than enough for a poor mover on clay like Roddick.

Warrior
05-15-2009, 07:44 PM
only 56% 1st serve for Fed

Fumus
05-15-2009, 07:55 PM
He df'd when it was 5-5 in the TB. End of story. :lol:

But Andy played well overall. I feel he is underrated here.

Fed fans this whole thread, going on about how Fed is back. Listen he beat a Roddick on clay (which is his worst surface) and it was only his second match on clay of the whole season. WTF!? I can't even bring myself to read these posts about Fed's backhand finally clicking and all this other shit. Federer played a super tight match, choked in the tie-break, make a fuck load of errors off the forehand and double faulted until an out of shape Roddick was flat out of gas. Are you kidding me? Roger of two years ago hands Andy some bake goods in this match. A pretzel and a bread stick. I can't believe how delusional you all really are. After Fed gets smoked tomorrow, I can't wait to read the excuses that pour in. Those excuses tomorrow won't be nearly as creative as the ones made up when he loses before the second week of RG.

When Roddick takes a set off you on clay you just know you're washed up.

Exactly. That's all that needed to be said here. :cool:

Action Jackson
05-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I can't even bring myself to read these posts about Fed's backhand finally clicking and all this other shit.

Exactly. That's all that needed to be said here. :cool:

You mean the greatest backhand of the open era wasn't firing.

Fully agree with Cyborg and Roddick winning a set on his worst surface with no match practice, that is not a great endorsement.

Vida
05-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Federer is still in a bad place where he was in the last 3 months. I fail to see any improvement in any direction, on contrary I see a diminished confidence. He always starts strong in the matches, but the shanks he had at the beginning says lot - that even he doubted himself playing against Roddick on clay. I somehow think that this match would have been a disaster if Roddick managed to secure the break and lead 3-0. Luckily for Fed he did not, Roger got a bit of confidence back and as the match progressed he convinced himself(rightfuly) that the opponent is someone who he always beats and that there is no way he can lose to him. He reduced his errors and got an upper hand at rallies and that was more than enough for a poor mover on clay like Roddick.

hes got a lot on his mind now. kid, family... probably he is thinking about other members of the top 4 being in better shape than him. he keeps loosing only to them, barring Wawrinka once.

its like hes becoming a shell of a player.

HeretiC
05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
hes got a lot on his mind now. kid, family... probably he is thinking about other members of the top 4 being in better shape than him. he keeps loosing only to them, barring Wawrinka once.

its like hes becoming a shell of a player.

When I saw the draw I said he has a good shot to get into final (clay mugs, excellent match ups). Perhaps that will help him raise his confidence level.

Vida
05-15-2009, 08:47 PM
When I saw the draw I said he has a good shot to get into final (clay mugs, excellent match ups). Perhaps that will help him raise his confidence level.

evidence is against it. he is in a good position against Murray, it would kind of mean something.

I give Murray slight edge over Del Potro.

KoOlMaNsEaN
05-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Not exactly a high quality match. Federer looked like he was "comfortable" if he can be that this year.

Joao
05-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Fed fans this whole thread, going on about how Fed is back. Listen he beat a Roddick on clay (which is his worst surface) and it was only his second match on clay of the whole season. WTF!? I can't even bring myself to read these posts about Fed's backhand finally clicking and all this other shit. Federer played a super tight match, choked in the tie-break, make a fuck load of errors off the forehand and double faulted until an out of shape Roddick was flat out of gas. Are you kidding me? Roger of two years ago hands Andy some bake goods in this match. A pretzel and a bread stick. I can't believe how delusional you all really are. After Fed gets smoked tomorrow, I can't wait to read the excuses that pour in. Those excuses tomorrow won't be nearly as creative as the ones made up when he loses before the second week of RG.

Nobody is saying that he is back.

And he did not play a super tight match like you say. Most games he served, he won them comfortably 40-15, 40-30 and only got 3 break points against him (losing only one very early in the match). And that's for a 3 set match which he won 6-1 in the 3rd ... I don't call that super tight.

dylan24
05-15-2009, 10:57 PM
losing a set on clay vs duck.
fucking pathetic roger

EnriqueIG8
05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
losing a set on clay vs duck.
fucking pathetic roger

Always nice to see you here Dylan. :cool:

Modetopia
05-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Roddick just can't beat a top 10 player on clay, something never change.

Havok
05-15-2009, 11:53 PM
What a muppet Federer is turning into. out before the quarters at RG imo. Nice result from Roddick; the fact that he not only played a close set but WON a set speaks wonders.:lol:

Maybe he finally makes it past the 2r at RG this year?:shrug:

FlameOn
05-16-2009, 12:59 AM
People aren't giving Roddick enough credit. He played pretty well for the most part. His clay game didn't look all that bad. I think he'll definitely do better at RG than in the past this year.

Dini
05-16-2009, 01:01 AM
People aren't giving Roddick enough credit. He played pretty well for the most part. His clay game didn't look all that bad. I think he'll definitely do better at RG than in the past this year.

I agree with you. Something must have been wrong with my eyes, but I saw several storming forehands, especially in that TB. A few really good backhands too. Not to mention his serve which was on fire for most of that match.

Sunset of Age
05-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I agree with you. Something must have been wrong with my eyes, but I saw several storming forehands, especially in that TB. A few really good backhands too. Not to mention his serve which was on fire for most of that match.

Not just that, it's also that this clay seems to play rather fast. Big Servers get rewarded at Madrid. It is no coincidence that several of them, including Roddick, did rather well here.

FlameOn
05-16-2009, 01:10 AM
I love Roddick's forehand during this match. There were some parts especially in set 2 that were like :eek: with the forehand. He really needs to keep that up.

MacTheKnife
05-16-2009, 02:17 AM

+1. He played a lot better than I though he would. I predicted Fed in a cake walk, but this match was closer than the score. One or two points here or there and A-rod could have had the straight set victory. Having said that, all but one of his matches with Fed are all about what "could have been".

Ozone
05-16-2009, 02:43 AM
First, as an intro, you can watch Roddick act like a 2 year-old in this AO clip 2 years ago. Has he grown up? Nope. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff6_UTPDO9s

For anyone who watches this, Roddick is absolutely lying and wrong about himself. He made no attempt to hit the ball and the call was slightly late. The poor linejudge probably thought he was an idiot when actually he was 110% correct.

Anyways, in Roddick's quarterfinal match vs. the ever classy Roger Federer, Roddick decided to be his usual whiny, immature self.
Roger charged the net after he hit it to Roddick, who hit a nice lob over Roger's head. Roger had some fun with it and slowed down to hit a 'tweener, which went down the line but not hard enough to pass Andy, who hit a nice drop volley. Roger anticipated the dropper however, and just barely got to it in time to chip it back over the net at Andy, who framed it. Roger smiled about it and even apologetically waved to Andy.
This made Andy hot for some reason, probably because he had just been owned and couldn't smile or laugh about it (like Nadal or even Nole would have), because he was down 4-1 in the 3rd set.

This is where it gets interesting. Andy lines up to serve, looking pretty pissed because he couldn't take the lost point in a good way. SO Andy blasts a serve just a few feet inside the baseline right at Roger. Again, a body serve intentionally hit WELL out right at Roger. Roger ducked out of the way ungracefully and smiled about this too. If I was Roger, I would be pretty mad and give something back to Andy.

Andy followed up on this episode by exchanging some words with the umpire(Carlos Bernades), who did absolutely nothing wrong. Roddick, being whiny because he was getting owned at 1-5, kept exchanging his usual childish, sarcastic words with Bernades who laughed and shrugged it off.

My writing may seem a little to serious, but I decided to share with you guys how low-class Andy is, when he could have had a nice laugh with Roger but he decided to be a jerk and get somewhat physically involved in it. Whenever I say oh come on Ozone, Andy isnt that ad, he reminds me how immature and low-class he is and I keep hating him. New all-time hate for Roddick right now.

habibko
05-16-2009, 03:37 AM
I also forgot to mention, Federer won a point after hitting a between-the-legs trick shot, something rare to see from Roger :worship:

he followed a chip return to the net and traced back a well executed lob, then the between the legs shot and Roddick drop volleyed it, Fed back to the net and hit the ball softly back towards Roddick who couldn't deal with the volley well and netted, great point :yeah:

Roddickominator
05-16-2009, 03:39 AM
I also forgot to mention, Federer won a point after hitting a between-the-legs trick shot, something rare to see from Roger :worship:

he followed a drop shot from Roddick to the net and traced back a well executed lob, then the between the legs shot and Roddick drop volleyed it, Fed back to the net and hit the ball softly back towards Roddick who couldn't deal with the volley well and netted, great point :yeah:

Lol Roddick can't get a break....a once-in-a-lifetime sweet slice lob from Roddick gets the under-the-legs treatment from Fed....I thought Fed's last shot in the rally actually hit the net and dropped over as well, but I could be wrong.

habibko
05-16-2009, 03:49 AM
Lol Roddick can't get a break....a once-in-a-lifetime sweet slice lob from Roddick gets the under-the-legs treatment from Fed....I thought Fed's last shot in the rally actually hit the net and dropped over as well, but I could be wrong.

no it didn't touch the net, it was a funny moment & was nice to see Fed smiling about it, however, Roddick's reply in the next point wasn't exactly classy, but there is a thread about this now :rolleyes:

EDIT: merged with this one

Gretchen.
05-16-2009, 04:01 AM
For anybody that missed the match, the 'tweener point' is at 3:50 and then they also show Andy's serve after it too :lol:

5-Z8Zz1aeOM

habibko
05-16-2009, 04:26 AM
nice to see Federer smiling about that serve, as if he felt sorry for Roddick :lol:

Arkulari
05-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Roger enjoys playing Roddick and Safin, enjoys their antics and their usual bad temper :lol:

heya
05-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Hope Federer doesn't teach the ugly son his fake classiness. Poor fans thought luck and tennis equal great humanity.

Crazy Girl
05-16-2009, 10:48 AM
I like you, my man!:worship::worship::worship::worship:

TennisViewer531
05-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Good job Roger! You need to do better in the semifinals...

FlameOn
05-16-2009, 12:42 PM
:lol: at everyone bashing Roddick again for his on-court temperament. Are you seriously not used to it by now? :help: It's part of what makes Roddick Roddick I guess. Off-court he seems like a great guy. He's just an emotional player. It looked as though Fed was being a bit of a smart-arse anyway.

Chiseller
05-16-2009, 01:23 PM
damn, I missed that somehow. Thanks mtf :worship:

Winston's Human
05-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I thought body serves are a legitimate shot?

What do I know? I have only been watching professional tennis since the late 1970s when body serves were quite common.

miura
05-16-2009, 01:38 PM
:lol: at everyone bashing Roddick again for his on-court temperament. Are you seriously not used to it by now? :help: It's part of what makes Roddick Roddick I guess. Off-court he seems like a great guy. He's just an emotional player. It looked as though Fed was being a bit of a smart-arse anyway.
I don't mind it at all. I think it makes the match more interesting when players are showing emotions.

miura
05-16-2009, 01:40 PM

What do I know? I have only been watching professional tennis since the late 1970s when body serves were quite common.
Of course body serves are legitimate. Anyone who thinks otherwise should try play at tournament level themselves.

Fumus
05-16-2009, 03:03 PM
You mean the greatest backhand of the open era wasn't firing.

Fully agree with Cyborg and Roddick winning a set on his worst surface with no match practice, that is not a great endorsement.

Yep.

Nobody is saying that he is back.
And he did not play a super tight match like you say. Most games he served, he won them comfortably 40-15, 40-30 and only got 3 break points against him (losing only one very early in the match). And that's for a 3 set match which he won 6-1 in the 3rd ... I don't call that super tight.

Huh? Please take off those rose colored glasses. In the end it will only make it worse for you to be wearing those when it all comes crashing down.

First, as an intro, you can watch Roddick act like a 2 year-old in this AO clip 2 years ago. Has he grown up? Nope. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff6_UTPDO9s

For anyone who watches this, Roddick is absolutely lying and wrong about himself. He made no attempt to hit the ball and the call was slightly late. The poor linejudge probably thought he was an idiot when actually he was 110% correct.

Anyways, in Roddick's quarterfinal match vs. the ever classy Roger Federer, Roddick decided to be his usual whiny, immature self.
Roger charged the net after he hit it to Roddick, who hit a nice lob over Roger's head. Roger had some fun with it and slowed down to hit a 'tweener, which went down the line but not hard enough to pass Andy, who hit a nice drop volley. Roger anticipated the dropper however, and just barely got to it in time to chip it back over the net at Andy, who framed it. Roger smiled about it and even apologetically waved to Andy.
This made Andy hot for some reason, probably because he had just been owned and couldn't smile or laugh about it (like Nadal or even Nole would have), because he was down 4-1 in the 3rd set.

This is where it gets interesting. Andy lines up to serve, looking pretty pissed because he couldn't take the lost point in a good way. SO Andy blasts a serve just a few feet inside the baseline right at Roger. Again, a body serve intentionally hit WELL out right at Roger. Roger ducked out of the way ungracefully and smiled about this too. If I was Roger, I would be pretty mad and give something back to Andy.

Andy followed up on this episode by exchanging some words with the umpire(Carlos Bernades), who did absolutely nothing wrong. Roddick, being whiny because he was getting owned at 1-5, kept exchanging his usual childish, sarcastic words with Bernades who laughed and shrugged it off.

My writing may seem a little to serious, but I decided to share with you guys how low-class Andy is, when he could have had a nice laugh with Roger but he decided to be a jerk and get somewhat physically involved in it. Whenever I say oh come on Ozone, Andy isnt that ad, he reminds me how immature and low-class he is and I keep hating him. New all-time hate for Roddick right now.

Apparently you haven't grown up either. Roddick has balls maybe you should get some. But that would be hard because your favorite doesn't have any either.

no it didn't touch the net, it was a funny moment & was nice to see Fed smiling about it, however, Roddick's reply in the next point wasn't exactly classy, but there is a thread about this now :rolleyes:

EDIT: merged with this one

Yea, Andy is a jerk. He has the balls to go after the fake-est sportsmen ever. He should of punched him in the face and demanded a Wimbledon trophy or two back. That's what I would have done. :shrug:

Merton
05-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Most people here probably don't remember the early Roddick, the one in 2001-2002. I thought at the time that if Andy applied the effort on clay he could become a Courier type player, not being a threat to win in Paris but posting good and consistent results on clay. Moreover, the effort would pay off in the other surfaces. Next thing we know, Brad Gilbert happened. Anyway, I think that if Andy fails to reach the 2nd week in Paris it will be one of his regrets after he is done. Hopefully this is the year, I think he can do it if he gets a good draw.

Nothing really to say about Roger, considering the matchup the fact that he lost a set on clay really says it all.

Chiseller
05-16-2009, 03:23 PM

what a legend you are.

heya
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Most people here probably don't remember the early Roddick, the one in 2001-2002. I thought at the time that if Andy applied the effort on clay he could become a Courier type player, not being a threat to win in Paris but posting good and consistent results on clay. Moreover, the effort would pay off in the other surfaces. Next thing we know, Brad Gilbert happened. Anyway, I think that if Andy fails to reach the 2nd week in Paris it will be one of his regrets after he is done. Hopefully this is the year, I think he can do it if he gets a good draw.

Nothing really to say about Roger, considering the matchup the fact that he lost a set on clay really says it all.Whenever his mom endorses someone, Roddick listens. No disobedience allowed in her presense! Brad got a Winning Ugly book lover!
I don't believe trying hard and regretting bad behavior really exist in the family's psychology.

Don't tell some Roddick lovers this. It's called trolling.

MacTheKnife
05-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with body shots on serves or groundies. Even Fed thought it was funny. It's all part of the game and for my money, it's not used nearly enough today. Even tennis players think they have to be so damn politically correct. We were taught to drill shots right at a right handers right hip. I was always disappointed if someone didn't take their obvious shot at me.

iSzavay.
05-16-2009, 05:03 PM
:sad: I left right after A-Rod won the second set, then I guess he melted in the third :(.

Crazy Girl
05-16-2009, 06:09 PM
nice to see Federer smiling about that serve, as if he felt sorry for Roddick :lol:
Yes!! Ciao habibko!!:wavey::wavey::wavey:

luie
05-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Posted by fumus Apparently you haven't grown up either. Roddick has balls maybe you should get some. But that would be hard because your favorite doesn't have any either.
Looks like federer doesn't need "balls" to destroy roddick. & beat nadal.
Dedicated to fumus,star,tangy.This is how you compete when some-one is a bad match-up for you ,you have balls and continue to fight.Federer has more "balls" than roddick will ever have.:wavey:

Fedex
05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Who on earth would think that Federer would struggle to beat Roddick, of all people, on clay... and then go and dispatch Nadal with relative ease? Funny game tennis is.

Jimnik
05-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Andy, the only one to take a set off Federer in Madrid. And he did it with almost no preparation.

This Roddick is good.

McAlistar
05-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Roddick the clay God is the only threat to Federer ath the French Open :o

Tommy_Vercetti
05-18-2009, 01:43 AM
How many tournaments has Federer won when he beat Roddick?

FlameOn
05-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Oh, I remember reading that Roddick took a medical during this match. Anyone know what for?

Dini
05-18-2009, 01:48 AM

Too many. :p :bolt:

recessional
05-18-2009, 01:50 AM
Oh, I remember reading that Roddick took a medical during this match. Anyone know what for?

I think he had a little finger cut... other than that, I don't know.

FlameOn
05-18-2009, 01:53 AM
I think he had a little finger cut... other than that, I don't know.
Oh well that's fine then. :D I remember reading somewhere here that Andy rarely makes it through the clay season uninjured. He's had an injury-free season so far it seems and with his performance in Madrid looking promising for a good French Open run it'd be a shame if an injury killed it for him.

A finger-cut? Meh, that's nothing. :D

marcRD
05-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Lets hope Roddick doesnt get in Federers half of the draw, hope Nadal can take care of him so Federer wont have to face the american clay monster in the final.

FlameOn
05-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Lets hope Roddick doesnt get in Federers half of the draw, hope Nadal can take care of him so Federer wont have to face the american clay monster in the final.
Somehow he always manages to be put in Fed's half of the draw. :o

NYCtennisfan
05-18-2009, 05:47 AM

14 titles.

FlameOn
05-18-2009, 06:00 AM
14 titles.
Including 3 slams finals. Poor Andy. :sad:

Mimi
05-18-2009, 06:01 AM
yup, andy is better than rafa, he at least took one set from roger :worship:

FlameOn
05-18-2009, 06:06 AM
yup, andy is better than rafa, he at least took one set from roger :worship:
Not sure how sarcastic you're being, but Andy really did give Federer a far better match than Rafa.

Mimi
05-18-2009, 06:07 AM
not sarcastic, i like andy too :wavey:
Not sure how sarcastic you're being, but Andy really did give Federer a far better match than Rafa.

FlameOn
05-18-2009, 06:11 AM
not sarcastic, i like andy too :wavey:
That's OK. I know Andy has lots of haters and I was being too paranoid. :D

Arkulari
05-18-2009, 06:19 AM
mimi is NEVER sarcastic, she's too nice for that ;) :D

Mimi
05-18-2009, 07:35 AM
thank you my dear, i am not that nice, i have my evil side too :devil:

mimi is NEVER sarcastic, she's too nice for that ;) :D

Fumus
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Posted by fumus Apparently you haven't grown up either. Roddick has balls maybe you should get some. But that would be hard because your favorite doesn't have any either.
Looks like federer doesn't need "balls" to destroy roddick. & beat nadal.
Dedicated to fumus,star,tangy.This is how you compete when some-one is a bad match-up for you ,you have balls and continue to fight.Federer has more "balls" than roddick will ever have.:wavey:

Rafa defeated his real rival on clay (this season anyways) Novak. That's all that counts. Rafa gave Fed the final just like he gave him Hamburg...we all saw how much that improved Fed's results at RG.

Federer has no where near the balls of Roddick.

Corey Feldman
05-18-2009, 03:21 PM
hehe A-Rod and his lucky set

hitting misshit home runs in the TB that were clipping lines .. props to yer luck Andy :worship:

Jimnik
05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Federer draws all his pigeons and turkeys and then plays a cripple in the final. He gets more luck in one tournament than Andy gets in a year.

luie
05-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Rafa defeated his real rival on clay (this season anyways) Novak. That's all that counts. Rafa gave Fed the final just like he gave him Hamburg...we all saw how much that improved Fed's results at RG.

I agree you don't need "Balls" to beat roddick.:)

luie
05-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Federer draws all his pigeons and turkeys and then plays a cripple in the final. He gets more luck in one tournament than Andy gets in a year.
I agree you are fair, just like I don't consider roddick's win last year in maimi because fed was recovering from mono.:)

FedFan_2007
05-19-2009, 12:39 AM

More MTF tardish nonsense. How is Nole his main CLAY rival when he has 9-0 against him? At least Fed has beaten him a couple times. Both are winless against him on best of 5 of course as is everyone else.

Fumus
05-19-2009, 02:15 AM
I agree you don't need "Balls" to beat roddick.:)

Huh? :confused: Federer is a pussy, always has been...is that clear enough for you?

More MTF tardish nonsense. How is Nole his main CLAY rival when he has 9-0 against him? At least Fed has beaten him a couple times. Both are winless against him on best of 5 of course as is everyone else.

Better to be a tard than a front runner. No one can argue that Nole is the second best player on clay this season. Why? Because he's posted the second best results. BAH! It is the true tard that cannot see the facts.

luie
05-19-2009, 02:19 AM
[QUOTE=Fumus;8592627]Huh? :confused: Federer is a pussy, always has been...is that clear enough for you?
No problem..It tells a lot about roddick also to get constantly beaten by a "p***y. He must be a bigger one is that how you also see it.:D

Fumus
05-19-2009, 02:22 AM
[QUOTE=Fumus;8592627]Huh? :confused: Federer is a pussy, always has been...is that clear enough for you?
No problem..It tells a lot about roddick also to get constantly beaten by a "p***y. He must be a bigger one is that how you also see it.:D

Roddick is a player with 1/16th talent but he has balls that's why he's been a great player. Federer is a talented pussy. This is nothing new or profound.

luie
05-19-2009, 02:38 AM
[QUOTE=luie;8592633]

Roddick is a player with 1/16th talent but he has balls that's why he's been a great player. Federer is a talented pussy. This is nothing new or profound.
I see your point but federer has shown "balls" resilience or what ever term you want to use to portray a "fighters" mentality but constantly taking a beating from nadal ,having mental scars but continuing to fighteven though a fight with nadal most-likely ends in defeat for him. I think his fighting abilities is underated thats all.
He is a b*t*h off-court but on court he is all class most of the time.He respects his opponents on court, not sure if you can say nadull or fakervic respect their opponents on court.In any-event we will have to agree to disagree.Sure fed could show more fight & respect his opponents more but no-body is perfect.

moonlightdance
05-19-2009, 03:15 AM

hence why roddick always has to adjust his...too big :p

Billabong
05-19-2009, 04:24 AM

Can only laugh at this. Nobody denies that Hamburg/Madrid probably doesn't influence what happens in RG, but it's still clay whether you like it or not. When Roger's playing his best on clay, he can be up there with Djokovic as a main rival to Nadal, just like he showed in Rome 2006. He was just as close to win that one as Nole was to win the Madrid semifinal, and it was a 5-sets match. Roger also played really solidly yesterday and it worked effeciently, like it or not.

It's sooo easy from a hater to say Rafa "gave" those matches to Roger, but of course I'm not saying you're one. It's obviously Rafa's style to give away matches easily like that, he does that all the time doesn't he!!

heya
05-19-2009, 08:22 AM
I was being too paranoid. :D

His overreacting, real paranoid fans ignore you unless you post overenthusiastic praise, agree with most their comments and personally chat with them. There are fake Roddick fans in his forum who think he can't win matches and that Federer never got lucky with Roddick's injuries and sarcastic attitude/interviews that hurt his mentality.
Even after he was confused about Djokovic (lost his mind in the interview room)... after letting Fed/the media brainwash him about Djokovic, he respects ATP players. Roddick won't ever change his tennis life, because he found out too late that he was led to think that tennis was not about great fitness..(all fun and little work).

He has personality, and will still have good looks and different talents after tennis is over. He realizes this, despite the fact that his family and some tennis fans don't.
Hope he won't cry like his degrading, self-absorbed, ugly opponents and tennis fans.

heya
05-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Talent is personality and smarts too, not just long arms and legs, and thin, more flexible, athletic body. Santoro has talent (but without physical strength and long strong flexible arms). Bragging about talent and getting opponents and fans to apologize for your losses don't make you more clever. It doesn't matter what head to head records are when other players collapse physically like dead rats.

habibko
05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Talent is personality and smarts too, not just long arms and legs, and thin, more flexible, athletic body. Santoro has talent (but without physical strength and long strong flexible arms). Bragging about talent and getting opponents and fans to apologize for your losses don't make you more clever. It doesn't matter what head to head records are when other players collapse physically like dead rats.

= Roddick sux.

Lleyton_
05-19-2009, 10:59 AM

What counts is that Federer beat Nadal in another final of a clay court tournament.

Mimi
05-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I actually think Roddick is not afraid of Roger even though Roger has beaten him so many times, just that poor him is not as skillful as Roger, and was always unlucky, he almost never met Roger when he was in a slump, most of the times he met roger, roger was in his god like mode ......

heya
05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Not god, luck mode. Roddick in self-destruct mode. A broken nail distracts him. After pressure from the media, he tried to play Cincinnati and Rome when he should've been in a hospital bed. pitiful much?

groundstroke
05-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Federer 18-2 Roddick

:worship:

FlameOn
05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
= Roddick sux.
:rolleyes: Take a look at his career statistics. :cuckoo:

Lleyton_
05-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Roddick did better than Nadal against Roger :worship:

FlameOn
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Roddick did better than Nadal against Roger :worship:
He sure did. :worship:

habibko
05-19-2009, 01:09 PM
:rolleyes: Take a look at his career statistics. :cuckoo:

you had no problem with heya's post but had a problem with mine? :silly:

FlameOn
05-19-2009, 01:45 PM
you had no problem with heya's post but had a problem with mine? :silly:
Never mind. I know you didn't really mean it. ;) :D

Fumus
05-19-2009, 03:24 PM
I see your point but federer has shown "balls" resilience or what ever term you want to use to portray a "fighters" mentality but constantly taking a beating from nadal ,having mental scars but continuing to fighteven though a fight with nadal most-likely ends in defeat for him. I think his fighting abilities is underated thats all.
He is a b*t*h off-court but on court he is all class most of the time.He respects his opponents on court, not sure if you can say nadull or fakervic respect their opponents on court.In any-event we will have to agree to disagree.Sure fed could show more fight & respect his opponents more but no-body is perfect.

So basically what you're saying is Federer is a talented pussy. Yes I agree, that's why he's not my favorite player.

Can only laugh at this. Nobody denies that Hamburg/Madrid probably doesn't influence what happens in RG, but it's still clay whether you like it or not. When Roger's playing his best on clay, he can be up there with Djokovic as a main rival to Nadal, just like he showed in Rome 2006. He was just as close to win that one as Nole was to win the Madrid semifinal, and it was a 5-sets match. Roger also played really solidly yesterday and it worked effeciently, like it or not.

It's sooo easy from a hater to say Rafa "gave" those matches to Roger, but of course I'm not saying you're one. It's obviously Rafa's style to give away matches easily like that, he does that all the time doesn't he!!

Roger isn't Nadal's main rival. He is not the best player in the world. He hasn't been the second best player on clay this season.

Nadal was pressured to play that tournement, he didn't want to play in Madrid because of the altitude, he doesn't like Tiriac, and it was his fourth consecutive final of the clay season... I'm sure Nadal didn't want to lose persay but in the end Madrid is a glorified grand slam warm-up. The conditions will be nothing like what they are in RG. This is a meaningless result from a garbage tournement that need not be on the schedule.

= Roddick sux.

Yes, he's the best worst player of all time.

Federer 18-2 Roddick

:worship:

It's amazing that Roddick got those 2 wins. Clearly, this is something that Federer will have regrets about at the end of his career. Especially that first loss when Andy stole the year end number 1 from him. :)

What counts is that Federer beat Nadal in another final of a clay court tournament.

That's not what counts. What counts is in France. I doubt anyone will be talking about this in a month. Were it Del Potro, Andreev, Ferrero or any other player X that came in and beat Nadal there would be no talk. Federer is just that, the player that showed up in the final and collected the trophy from a wounded Nadal. The important result was Nadal keeping his foot on Novaks throat. Novak will surely be number 2 by years end. Those who can't see that need to visit an optometrist.

Lleyton_
05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
That's not what counts. What counts is in France. I doubt anyone will be talking about this in a month. Were it Del Potro, Andreev, Ferrero or any other player X that came in and beat Nadal there would be no talk. Federer is just that, the player that showed up in the final and collected the trophy from a wounded Nadal. The important result was Nadal keeping his foot on Novaks throat. Novak will surely be number 2 by years end. Those who can't see that need to visit an optometrist.

Maybe in your fantasy world it doesn't but in the real world Federer won a title on clay beating Nadal in final. Nobody has ever done that two times on clay. Heck nobody has ever done it even once on clay. Clearly it means something. You can keep deluding yourself into thinking otherwise though.

Corey Feldman
05-19-2009, 08:52 PM
never seen a luckier tie break in my life

FlameOn
05-20-2009, 01:08 AM
:cuckoo:

Roddick went for his shots in that tie-break, Fed made too many errors and a DF. Nothing lucky about it.

luie
05-20-2009, 01:15 AM
So basically what you're saying is Federer is a talented pussy. Yes I agree, that's why he's not my favorite player.
:confused:You are entitled to your opinion

Roger isn't Nadal's main rival. He is not the best player in the world. He hasn't been the second best player on clay this season.

Nadal was pressured to play that tournement, he didn't want to play in Madrid because of the altitude, he doesn't like Tiriac, and it was his fourth consecutive final of the clay season... I'm sure Nadal didn't want to lose persay but in the end Madrid is a glorified grand slam warm-up. The conditions will be nothing like what they are in RG. This is a meaningless result from a garbage tournement that need not be on the schedule.
Bitter much.

Yes, he's the best worst player of all time.

It's amazing that Roddick got those 2 wins. Clearly, this is something that Federer will have regrets about at the end of his career. Especially that first loss when Andy stole the year end number 1 from him. :)
:rolleyes:

Ultimately what count is france but this victory will go a long way to restoring some-confidence.Also after 2007 hamburg fed created 17 bp chances in the final he converted only 2,in short he created opening,RG is rafa's to lose BUT no-body is unbeatable.

Voo de Mar
05-20-2009, 01:21 AM

Roddick played amazing point at 3:3 in that tie-break, actually one of the best points in the entire clay-court season so far.

Guy Haines
05-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Madrid results prove it: Clearly Roddick is Federer's chief competition at the French.

If he gets past the first round, Roger will be cowering in fear.

ossie
05-20-2009, 09:09 AM
why is this thread still going?

Bernard Black
05-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Hehe, moral victory there for Roddick sneaking that second set.

Something to tell the grandchildren for sure.

leng jai
05-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Hehe, moral victory there for Roddick sneaking that second set.

Something to tell the grandchildren for sure.

Hes going to tell them how he hit his first flat forehand since 2004 in the breaker.

Dini
05-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Hes going to tell them how he hit his first flat forehand since 2004 in the breaker.

:tape:

scarecrows
05-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Roddick is a player with 1/16th talent

then don't be surprised that many people hate his game ;)

heya
05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
What forehand? The only things he'll do are sign divorce papers and write checks for his mother's funeral and phony organizations for cancer "cure".

ossie
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
What forehand? The only things he'll do are sign divorce papers and write checks for his mother's funeral and phony organizations for cancer "cure".you bastard , thats mean

Fumus
05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Ultimately what count is france but this victory will go a long way to restoring some-confidence.Also after 2007 hamburg fed created 17 bp chances in the final he converted only 2,in short he created opening,RG is rafa's to lose BUT no-body is unbeatable.

:bigcry:

Confidence and a $1.25 will get you some coffee at Dunkin Donuts. He doesn't have the balls or the backhand to do it.

Madrid results prove it: Clearly Roddick is Federer's chief competition at the French.

If he gets past the first round, Roger will be cowering in fear.

:cool: Aha! I detect an intelligent post!

why is this thread still going?

Because there is no real tennis going on this week. It's also the only time this year that Federer fans have had something to celebrate. So they are gonna try and go back and uproot everything bad that has ever been said about him.

then don't be surprised that many people hate his game ;)

I don't care about people hating his game. When have I once defended his game in this thread? I said he has more balls than Federer and that Federer fans are whiners for complaining about a body serve. I said that's poetic justice because Fed is pussy too so they are acting just like their favorite. I talked about how meaningless this result was, how meaningless the final was, and how meaningless this tournement is. I went on to say that Djokovic was Nadal's true rival on clay. MTF doesn't read my posts...they just type bull shit to make themselves feel like they are making some kind of a point. You sir, are one of the mob.

kaylee
05-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Sigh Ryan I love you!!!!!!

scarecrows
05-20-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't care about people hating his game. When have I once defended his game in this thread?

ah, so we have to restrain our comments to what is said in this thread only?

Serenidad
05-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Expected outcome.

Most interesting thing of this match is Roddick's BH was consistently deeper than his FH. :rolls:

Fumus
05-20-2009, 05:40 PM
ah, so we have to restrain our comments to what is said in this thread only?

Oh so you admit to not reading what I write. Well, I suppose honesty is the best policy. Yes, please go on posting random statements that have nothing to do with what I am talking about...it's what everyone else does.

Corey Feldman
05-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Hes going to tell them how he hit his first flat forehand since 2004 in the breaker.he was going for a moonball and it hit the frame

Roddickominator
05-20-2009, 05:50 PM
he was going for a moonball and it hit the frame

Andy practices the "clean winner monster forehand off the frame" just for moments like these.

luie
05-21-2009, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=Fumus;8597698]:bigcry:

Confidence and a $1.25 will get you some coffee at Dunkin Donuts. He doesn't have the balls or the backhand to do it.

Not at RG 09 because nadal is still too strong atm but RG 09 is rafa last sure shot at the title in RG imo. starting next year nadull will have more wear & tear on his body and other guys are going to step up like fakervic & others,he might win more RG but it will not be assured as this year.In short fed has little to no chance this year but next year it might be a little bit more open if fed remains injury free & keeps his form he could win RG even defeat nadal.What this victory proves is that a great fed could beat a tired or off nadal, I'am not sure if before the final many could have said that.So you are right to claim that fed doesn't have the "balls"& BH to do it this year but his BH could hold up against nadal at average level.

heya
05-21-2009, 05:06 AM
he was going for a moonball and it hit the frameMurray needed opponents' choking on 8-15 break points and while they served for sets on fast courts. Murray didn't need huge forehands and backhands before their double faults and Davis Cup-energy wasting. Murray's similar to Federer. Their running, long reaching arms and serves wipe Nadal off the court. Too bad, off the court, thousands of ATP players have more talents and personality.

Mimi
05-21-2009, 07:07 AM
lol, just sometimes, rafa still has winning records against Roger and Murray ;):p

Murray needed opponents' choking on 8-15 break points and while they served for sets on fast courts. Murray didn't need huge forehands and backhands before their double faults and Davis Cup-energy wasting. Murray's similar to Federer. Their running, long reaching arms and serves wipe Nadal off the court. Too bad, off the court, thousands of ATP players have more talents and personality.

superslam77
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Roddick sucks...

close thread here?