Imaginary semis Madrid: Nadal/Djokovic and Federer/Murray [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Imaginary semis Madrid: Nadal/Djokovic and Federer/Murray

salut235
05-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Let's pretend that those are semis, and most likely they will be unless there's an upset, wouldn't it be cool? This is what the public wants, the top 4 players battling it out. Assuming that this is the semis, who would win each semi (you can post scores) and also who would win the final? Let's have fun :)

Mimi
05-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Rafa vs Roger in the final again:cool:

finishingmove
05-15-2009, 08:00 AM
they all withdraw and the tournament calls roddick and ljubo back, just to have a final.

salut235
05-15-2009, 08:18 AM
I want Murray to beat Federer in the semis, because Federer should have congratulated Murray on his no.3 spot and be classy (like Nadal) instead of downplaying him and saying what matters is no.1 AND no.2, and how Murray hasn't won big tournaments? it would be so nice if Murray beats Federer once again and improves to a 7-2 lifetime record against him, that might shut Federer up...

but I would't mind if it's Nadal who beats Federer in the final improving to 14-6 :) Actually if Roddick beats Federer it wouldn't be so bad either, I think Roddick deserves to get a few more wins over Federer... But Murray beating Federer would be extra special, the same for Nadal beating him :) I really think that ever since Federer hasn't been winning, he's been very arrogant (dissing Murray's ranking & achivements, saying that he's the one controlling all the matches he plays, slamming a racket, not looking at Murray when shaking his hand at the net, crying like a baby and making Nadal feel bad for winning, saying I'm a legend, etc.). He's truly showing his true colors, I guess now that he's not winning everything easily, we know that he's not as humble as he seemed. It's always easy to be humble when you're winning easily for years, but now that he's not winning he's starting to be a bitch.

ossie
05-15-2009, 09:32 AM
I want Murray to beat Federer in the semis, because Federer should have congratulated Murray on his no.3 spot and be classy (like Nadal) instead of downplaying him and saying what matters is no.1 AND no.2, and how Murray hasn't won big tournaments? it would be so nice if Murray beats Federer once again and improves to a 7-2 lifetime record against him, that might shut Federer up...

but I would't mind if it's Nadal who beats Federer in the final improving to 14-6 :) Actually if Roddick beats Federer it wouldn't be so bad either, I think Roddick deserves to get a few more wins over Federer... But Murray beating Federer would be extra special, the same for Nadal beating him :) I really think that ever since Federer hasn't been winning, he's been very arrogant (dissing Murray's ranking & achivements, saying that he's the one controlling all the matches he plays, slamming a racket, not looking at Murray when shaking his hand at the net, crying like a baby and making Nadal feel bad for winning, saying I'm a legend, etc.). He's truly showing his true colors, I guess now that he's not winning everything easily, we know that he's not as humble as he seemed. It's always easy to be humble when you're winning easily for years, but now that he's not winning he's starting to be a bitch.
amen to that

freeandlonely
05-15-2009, 09:35 AM

So, Murray'personality is good for you.:haha:

This is Sparta
05-15-2009, 10:02 AM

So true,everyone thought that Roger Federror was a good guy and all that stuff, but now we are seeing his true face...he's two-face

marcRD
05-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Did Federer really say what matters is nr 1 AND nr2? I always hear he say that he doesnt care if he is nr2 nr3 or nr4, all that matters is nr1.

vidanhv
05-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, its the fact that Fed is acting very strange. His statements are not really of the champ he is, but what can you do. Its time for him to start playing on the court and stop trying to win the matches at the press conferences (the advice he gave to Djokovic couple of years earlier).
As to the thread, we'll se how it goes today with Del Potro, but if Muzza gets through I don't think he stands a chance against Fed on clay. The same stands for Djoker in his match with Nadal, although Madrid is presumably his best chance to get him on clay. We'll see, but the new Fedal final is smiling after a long time.

Clydey
05-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Did Federer really say what matters is nr 1 AND nr2? I always hear he say that he doesnt care if he is nr2 nr3 or nr4, all that matters is nr1.

Yeah, he said it when he was asked about Murray getting to number 3. I think it was a BBC interview.

rhinooooo
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Realistic Semis Madrid: Ljubo/Nando and Roddick/Del Potro

After the match, Rafa/Nole will whine to the press asking for a 5 year ranking system.

Fed will cry.

Muzza will head to the beach, flex his guns, and release a playgirl calendar.

Or maybe they'll all head to Chueca...

W!MBLEDON
05-15-2009, 12:46 PM
federer will lose to murray and blame the spirits of the british people watching being channeled through the courtside cameras

Certinfy
05-15-2009, 12:57 PM

After the match, Rafa/Nole will whine to the press asking for a 5 year ranking system.

Fed will cry.

Or maybe they'll all head to Chueca...Haha u made my day mate :)

Joao
05-15-2009, 04:40 PM

Thanks for reminding us that you hate Federer so much cuz' it really had been a long time since your last hate post. :rolleyes:

Federer didn't say that being #3 is not a great achievement (and it certainly is for someone who's never been #3). He just said that being #3 or 4 is the same. And it is ... at least for seeding purposes.

SaFed2005
05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Murray is such an amazing player. He got like 5 slams already, no? He is definitely the best. The greatest hard court player to ever step on a tennis court. He is so much better than Nadal, Federer and Djokovic on hard courts. That's why Murray got so many hard court slams while the other three have NIL.

w78dexon_y
05-15-2009, 06:15 PM
You'r dream is half way tru:

Rog and Djoker are there.
Now it's up to Nando and Delpotro to ruin it.:p

amonb
05-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Murray is such an amazing player. He got like 5 slams already, no? He is definitely the best. The greatest hard court player to ever step on a tennis court. He is so much better than Nadal, Federer and Djokovic on hard courts. That's why Murray got so many hard court slams while the other three have NIL.

He's better than Federer on hardcourts ain't he????? And how many grand slams did fed win by his 22nd birthday?????

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 06:55 PM
He's better than Federer on hardcourts ain't he????? And how many grand slams did fed win by his 22nd birthday?????

1. Wimbledon 2003 (he was still 21 by then BTW)
and then he won another 2 slams before turning 23 :o

oh and BTW: Happy Birthday to Muzza ;) :D
he's TWENTY TWO today ;)

w78dexon_y
05-15-2009, 07:01 PM

haha...you want to compare weak Rog's era with this one!!? Today Murr has to battle Rafa, Rog and Djoker! Who did TRog fight at his 22? Roddick!! great laugh, man!

amonb
05-15-2009, 07:01 PM
1. Wimbledon 2003 (he was still 21 by then BTW)
and then he won another 2 slams before turning 23 :o

oh and BTW: Happy Birthday to Muzza ;) :D
he's TWENTY TWO today ;)

Ahh Ok! According to that fella it sounded like he won about 5! But he won 1! So he's 1 behind Fed at the same stage of their careers! ;)

amonb
05-15-2009, 07:05 PM
haha...you want to compare weak Rog's era with this one!!? Today Murr has to battle Rafa, Rog and Djoker! Who did TRog fight at his 22? Roddick!! great laugh, man!:scratch:

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 07:06 PM
:lol: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Muzza a Slam Winner? talk to me at the end of this year and maybe you'll be right ;) :p

amonb
05-15-2009, 07:09 PM
:lol: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Muzza a Slam Winner? talk to me at the end of this year and maybe you'll be right ;) :p
I bet you think Fed will win another slam don't you????

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 07:13 PM
you just don't get it, do you? :lol:

this is Murray on GS:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6734/29792960.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29792960.jpg)

Roger is ABLE to win finals, but it all depends on his form and the form of his rivals ;)
knowing him, he can very well end up the year with 15 slams to his name :lol:

amonb
05-15-2009, 07:20 PM
you just don't get it, do you? :lol:

this is Murray on GS:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6734/29792960.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29792960.jpg)

Roger is ABLE to win finals, but it all depends on his form and the form of his rivals ;)
knowing him, he can very well end up the year with 15 slams to his name :lol:
See you're missing the point. Roger WAS able to win finals when he come up against Roddick, Hewitt,...etc...)He beat Murray in the US OPEN final. If Murray played like he did against Nadal in the semis he would have DESTROYED Fed!!! But it's all changed now. He's still a good player but he just ain't good enough!!!! :)

Clydey
05-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Ahh Ok! According to that fella it sounded like he won about 5! But he won 1! So he's 1 behind Fed at the same stage of their careers! ;)

He's not really 1 behind. Federer had been on tour longer than Murray has (at this stage) when he won his first GS. Federer had also played in many more Grand Slams by the time he won. People seem to forget that Murray missed essentially 3/4 GS events in 2007 (was still nowhere near ready at the USO that year) and that set him back.

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 07:29 PM
well, Roger had faced Djoker, Rafa, Muzza, Hewitt, Agassi, Roddick in finals and had beaten them all, but right now it's more up to him lowering his level to painful levels than the big growing people like Muzza and Rafa have had :)

no many people believed that Roger could win the US Open last year, but he did, against red-hot Muzza, so you never know, of course he won't win RG unless Rafa pulls out or something, but in slams, Rafa remains to be the ONLY person that can beat him ;)

Clydey
05-15-2009, 07:32 PM
well, Roger had faced Djoker, Rafa, Muzza, Hewitt, Agassi, Roddick in finals and had beaten them all, but right now it's more up to him lowering his level to painful levels than the big growing people like Muzza and Rafa have had :)

no many people believed that Roger could win the US Open last year, but he did, against red-hot Muzza, so you never know, of course he won't win RG unless Rafa pulls out or something, but in slams, Rafa remains to be the ONLY person that can beat him ;)

No, the only player that *has* beaten him recently. He certainly isn't the only player capable of beating Fed in a slam.

Arkulari
05-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Roger is down these days Clydey, I won't deny it and I'm not blind :shrug:
but so far, in GS finals (remember Safin and Djoker at the AO? they beat him but at the SF ;) ) Rafa remains the only one who have managed to overcome him SO FAR, it will change in the future? if Roger keeps reaching the finals, maybe, who knows ;)

salut235
05-15-2009, 09:56 PM
one more match left!

ignigena
05-15-2009, 10:12 PM

Fed will cry.

Or maybe they'll all head to Chueca...

I hope they all choose that last option. :p ^^

BIGMARAT
05-15-2009, 11:44 PM
definitely imaginary because Murray came short.

salut235
05-15-2009, 11:47 PM
definitely imaginary because Murray came short.

yep, too bad, del potro vs federer is pretty boring... murray vs federer had so much potential especially because of the recent controversy... let's hope for a nadal vs federer final...

groundstroke
05-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Murray isn't part of the top 4 - I think DP is the new member here.

BIGMARAT
05-15-2009, 11:50 PM
yep, too bad, del potro vs federer is pretty boring... murray vs federer had so much potential especially because of the recent controversy... let's hope for a nadal vs federer final...

Murray would never be entertaining on a clay court. Del Potro was the better player.

Florida
05-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Murray would never be entertaining on a clay court. Del Potro was the better player.

The Dream did not come true. One of the actors, Andy Murray had a brain fart, on his 22nd B-day! He is celebrating his B-Day instead of having to worry about his semifinal tomorrow. Intelligent reasoning from the world #3, soon to decline back to #4. He realized it is not easy to be #3, it requires winning on clay something he does not do well, so he decides, being #4 is less stressful. However, he needs to thank Great Britain for all the financial support and mental distruction, and say that he is sorry he could not do better. :haha:

Clydey
05-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Murray isn't part of the top 4 - I think DP is the new member here.

That's because you're clueless. :wavey:

Arkulari
05-16-2009, 04:15 AM
OMG Clydey, what time is it there? :lol: :hug: :wavey:

w78dexon_y
05-16-2009, 04:39 AM
no many people believed that Roger could win the US Open last year, but he did,

that's what Rog didn't believe either! It's Djoker's fault! He screwed up big time fighting crowd and Roddick!

........ but in slams, Rafa remains to be the ONLY person that can beat him ;)

you already forgotten AO '08 and semi/f?? That was in straight sets man!

Arkulari
05-16-2009, 04:44 AM
that's what Rog didn't believe either! It's Djoker's fault! He screwed up big time fighting crowd and Roddick!

you already forgotten AO '08 and semi/f?? That was in straight sets man!

:lol: :lol:

did you read the whole thread? ;)

Roger is down these days Clydey, I won't deny it and I'm not blind :shrug:
but so far, in GS finals (remember Safin and Djoker at the AO? they beat him but at the SF ;) ) Rafa remains the only one who have managed to overcome him SO FAR, it will change in the future? if Roger keeps reaching the finals, maybe, who knows ;)

;)

GS FINALS, the only one who have beaten Roger is Rafa and the same can be said the other way around ;)

Frank Winkler
05-16-2009, 04:59 AM
a lot of guys here. got ahead of themselves.
put up or shut up.
so far murray has not put up yet.
I think he will in the future
but you guys are using Murray to belittle Federer
I bit premature i think.
fans like this will make me root against Murray.
He has potential to win a grand slam.
However so far he has not.
There have been many player who showed great potential to win grand slams but never did.
Federer obviously has won manny
Nadal has won many grand slam tournaments.
So so far there is no comparison they are simply great.
Murray has not even entered the very good category over all.
So far he has only won style points win tournaments on the endless tour.
Lets wait and see if he can have success at a grand slam tournament(win it)
p.s. there is another guy who has allready proven himself
Djokovic
So again Murray fans, you may show joy in Murray's accomplishments.
But please dont try to belittle players compared to whom Murray is is still a midget, a baby in dipers, who keeps looking for his mama where is his mother?

w78dexon_y
05-16-2009, 05:54 AM
:lol: :lol:

did you read the whole thread? ;)

GS FINALS, the only one who have beaten Roger is Rafa and the same can be said the other way around ;)

am embarassed, man??!

Who told you that's only slam final loss that counts as the slam beats?? IS that Safin's or Djoker's fault that they were on the same side of Rog's draw? BTW, tell me when (except FO) someone beat Rog in straight sets in a slam??

And you don't wanna count that? lol...take a hike, man. You said except Rafa in slams there are no men who CAN beat Rog. Well, unless it was an omission, you're damn wrong. Sorry. The history disapproves you.

SaFed2005
05-16-2009, 05:59 AM
am embarassed, man??!

Who told you that's only slam final loss that counts as the slam beats?? IS that Safin's or Djoker's fault that they were on the same side of Rog's draw? BTW, tell me when (except FO) someone beat Rog in straight sets in a slam??

And you don't wanna count that? lol...take a hike, man. You said except Rafa in slams there are no men who CAN beat Rog. Well, unless it was an omission, you're damn wrong. Sorry. The history disapproves you.

History also shows that in the past year (last 4 slams) nobody has taken Roger out except Nadal in the final. Nadal beat him in 3 out of 4 past slam finals. Of course that means nothing. Murray is the best after all. He is so much better and superior to both Roger and Rafael on Hard Courts and that's why his GS results at every one of the past HC slam is better than them.

All hail the new KING MURRAY
:worship::worship::worship: bow down to his greatness

w78dexon_y
05-16-2009, 06:07 AM
History also shows that in the past year (last 4 slams) nobody has taken Roger out except Nadal in the final

Slam final, final, final...just like a drunk man along the fence!

Last FO Djoker was on Rafa's half of the draw. In W Djoker ousted in R64, and he was on Rog's half again!. In USO Djoker was on Rog's half again, in AO Djoker was on Rog's half of the draw again...so how can they play finals then???

And one more thing: That's the past! Now it will be like this: either Rog will never reach Slam final again, or he will be beaten there by Rafa or Djoker. Take my words.

Rog is done!

Arkulari
05-16-2009, 06:11 AM
am embarassed, man??!

1. don't call me man because I'm a woman ;)

2. your lack of reading comprehension shocks me: I was only talking about GRAND SLAM FINALS, not SF or QF or whatever, I know Roger has lost before (Ancic, Kuerten, Henman come to mind amongst many others) BUT IN GRAND SLAM FINALS HE HAS ONLY LOST TO RAFA SO FAR, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE NEXT FINALS BUT THE PAST ONES, HE HAS BEATEN RODDICK, AGASSI, DJOKER, MUZZA, ETC

got it or shall I bring my son's crayons and explain it with pictures? :rolleyes:

SaFed2005
05-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Slam final, final, final...just like a drunk man along the fence!

Last FO Djoker was on Rafa's half of the draw. In W Djoker ousted in R64, and he was on Rog's half again!. In USO Djoker was on Rog's half again, in AO Djoker was on Rog's half of the draw again...so how can they play finals then???

And one more thing: That's the past! Now it will be like this: either Rog will never reach Slam final again, or he will be beaten there by Rafa or Djoker. Take my words.

Rog is done!

Djokovic has already proved himself by winning the Australian Open last year. No argument there. I was actually referring to the new KING Murray in case you did not notice. The greatest hard court player ever. The one who will rip apart the likes of old fed, nadal and djokovic in the coming years. Murray is the best, no? He has been winning hard court slams left and right, no?