Drug ban [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Drug ban

sebabe
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Can anyone confirm, I have just heard that Richard Gasquet has been banned for taking drugs, is this true?:eek:

Davodus
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
read through the other threads in here :shrug:

we have been discussing it since the news broke
try the 'all for one, one for all' thread

reggie1
05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
He has been banned for 60 days so far as an interim measure, but he is trying to prove his innocence. His current ban lasts until 12th July but it is likely that he will receive a further ban from 3 months up to 2 years (which I cannot bear to think about :bigcry:)

*Martolina*
06-27-2009, 11:35 PM
guys,
sorry but..
..do you know when will be the process!?
the wait is horrible..

tami
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
from www.guardian.co.uk:

Gasquet's secret hearing

Richard Gasquet, last year's Wimbledon quarter-finalist, was back in the capital yesterday but not for the tennis. The former world No7 was taken to a secret London location for a hearing of the International Tennis Federation after testing positive for cocaine last month. The six-person panel will have a fortnight to deliberate on the evidence before coming to a verdict that could lead to Gasquet receiving a two-year ban if he is found guilty of knowingly taking the banned substance. Gasquet, who has denied any wrongdoing since the positive test at a tournament in Miami, intended to raise in his defence a hair test he undertook on 7 May which he attests did not discover any trace of cocaine.

- so i guess it'll be at least another two weeks.....say hi to him in london if you guys see him 'round!

Thanos
06-30-2009, 11:13 AM
thanks for the news tami

Art(e)mio
07-27-2009, 09:20 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/pgStory?contentId=9831008&GT1=39002#sport=MLB&photo=9832266

MSN:
Richard Gasquet
Don't make out with girls in clubs if you're an athlete. Gasquet was in the midst of a 12-month ban from tennis until he told a panel he tested positive for cocaine because he had kissed a woman in a nightclub who had taken the drug. What was he doing: shoving his tongue up her nose?

Puschkin
07-27-2009, 09:36 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/pgStory?contentId=9831008&GT1=39002#sport=MLB&photo=9832266
Gasquet was in the midst of a 12-month ban from tennis
plain wrong.

Davodus
07-27-2009, 10:54 AM
:confused:

What a joke :rolleyes: are they that stupid to not understand that the remaining cocaine when someone is using is often absorbed through the gums :rolleyes:

Seriously, the stupidity of some will never cease to amaze me. This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read

Kournikovaism
07-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Yes we had a documentary/investigation thing on TV here about cocaine after we had major issues with it, and our top model died so it was a major event and it made it clear cocaine is also consumed by rubbing it on the gums.

This is also on the wikipedia page for cocaine, these "journalists" should do some research.:rolleyes: