College Tennis Forum Request? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

College Tennis Forum Request?

Ozone
05-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Hello:wavey:

When I first got my MTF and browsed the site, I was stunned to see that there was no college tennis forum. I have also made several college tennis threads in the GM section, and had several MTFers bombing the thread.

I would love to be mod for this forum and I would definately make it a popular thread. There are so many subs and threads that you could make for college tennis, it definately deserves its own forum. College Tennis could not be put in with USA forum because 1, these guys are amature players, 2, most of the players arent from the U.S., and 3, other countries have college tennis programs.

Again, I would love to be a mod of this forum and I know several users that would frequently post on it. This forum would become one of the most popular and players coming out of college and into the pros would be easily recognized once they are in challengers and futures. WE NEED A THREAD FOR COLLEGE TENNIS BAD!!!

:wavey:

out_here_grindin
05-11-2009, 11:23 PM
I 2nd this. There really is no forum on the internet for good college tennis discussion and why not make this website the first one and attract many new members. :)

Ozone
05-11-2009, 11:37 PM
out_here_grindin= best post ever on MTF:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship::worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I havent found any chat or forum on the web for college tennis. We can make this the one and the most popular:)

10K Futures Qualifier
05-12-2009, 01:39 AM
For sure, just like the doubles forum it is something we do not have. And there is not a main one on the internet, and many people on this site follow college tennis!

kai.
05-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Hello:wavey:

When I first got my MTF and browsed the site, I was stunned to see that there was no college tennis forum. I have also made several college tennis threads in the GM section, and had several MTFers bombing the thread.

I would love to be mod for this forum and I would definately make it a popular thread. There are so many subs and threads that you could make for college tennis, it definately deserves its own forum. College Tennis could not be put in with USA forum because 1, these guys are amature players, 2, most of the players arent from the U.S., and 3, other countries have college tennis programs.

Again, I would love to be a mod of this forum and I know several users that would frequently post on it. This forum would become one of the most popular and players coming out of college and into the pros would be easily recognized once they are in challengers and futures. WE NEED A THREAD FOR COLLEGE TENNIS BAD!!!

:wavey:

I agree..
We need a college thread :worship:..

jmf07
05-13-2009, 03:20 AM
College forum would be good. Tennis forum has one for the womens college tennis.

Ozone
05-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Can we have an admin's take about this? 5 for 5 sounds like a men's college tennis forum should be added. I would be more than happy to moderate it if needed:)

Baghdatis#1
05-15-2009, 01:28 AM
I support:D:bounce:
Could I be in charge of the threads for the conferences in my area (NY) like Big East, America East, NEC, and MAAC??

kai.
05-17-2009, 05:57 AM
6-6 XD :rocker2:

out_here_grindin
05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
I support:D:bounce:
Could I be in charge of the threads for the conferences in my area (NY) like Big East, America East, NEC, and MAAC??

One problem. those confernces don't have tennis teams.

haha. Im kidding :hatoff:

Ozone
05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Admins? Can we get this thing going? Now is a perfect time because I can get everything sorted out during offseason before Fall season

kai.
05-19-2009, 05:28 AM
I think will be better a MP to the Admins and Mod ... ;)

Ozone
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Mods? Admins?? Sounds like the members would all support this. The site would become much more popular as well, since there isnt any college tennis forum out there on the web. This is a key change that needs to be made!!!!!

scoobs
06-25-2009, 08:04 PM
so start a college tennis thread in the amateur tennis section and if it generates enough activity then we can consider creating a subforum.

but i haven't seen any great evidence that there's huge demand for this.

Zirconek
06-25-2009, 08:06 PM
I guess you can ask for it in the next player forum request. Until them, you can keep giving prestige to College tennis in the threads that are already up or in new threads. I guess might have something in US forum, amateur tennis, exhibitions, etc.

Ozone
06-25-2009, 08:25 PM
omg once outsiders know about College Tennis and once the mtfers buff up the forum a bit the forum would be soaring as well as mtf!! It wouldnt attract attention as just a thread.

And Edu, I started the thread in the same time period that the player requests were taking place. I just didnt put it under the player request sub because its not a player request!!

scoobs
06-25-2009, 08:48 PM
That's not the way it works though - before they will create a subforum there has to be strong evidence that there's sufficient demand - they don't create them for 3 men and a dog. There needs to be clear evidence of demand.

Zirconek
06-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Ozone, you actually started this thread few days after the time period of players request :p :hug:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=141303

and I think even though it's not exactly a player request, it's a forum request, so you could make it in the next that will come soon and until then, like scoobs said, let's see if it generates a good activity - and you have a role in making it real ;)

Ozone
06-25-2009, 09:16 PM
So what Edu? You mods dont check those requests anyways until WEEKS after the voting is supposed to be over

Zirconek
06-25-2009, 10:37 PM
:o

these things take time, but sorry for the delay. From the last request, Bolelli and Chardy already have their own forum up. Söderling didn't get a forum most likely because the activity in his thread was not convincing/enough and others didn't have much support, which is one of the things requested for a new forum.

out_here_grindin
06-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Can we consider this again?

Ozone
06-12-2010, 12:30 AM
so start a college tennis thread in the amateur tennis section and if it generates enough activity then we can consider creating a subforum.

but i haven't seen any great evidence that there's huge demand for this.
We have waited a year and had great success and numbers in this thread. Not just good numbers, but numbers that are growing very fast. We've had a diverse bunch of posters follow the thread. It's really growing. I think we deserve a sub-forum now that we've established a good base for College Tennis:D

DualMedia
06-12-2010, 02:06 AM
I want a college tennis sub-forum!

Ozone
06-27-2010, 03:55 AM
Mods???

straitup
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
I 7th this request or whatever number we're on

Ozone
06-27-2010, 10:25 PM
I 7th this request or whatever number we're on
It's been so long i'm sure we are in double degits now. Really mods?

straitup
06-27-2010, 10:35 PM

And just skimming through the thread, it's dumb that no forum has been created yet.

SloKid
06-28-2010, 12:36 PM
And just skimming through the thread, it's dumb that no forum has been created yet.
Excuse me? Why would that be dumb? In this very thread it has been explained, what the procedure for new forums is, if people can't follow it, then they can't expect a forum to be created. They can't just force their demands and posts like yours or the one I'll quote below are not helping their cause either.

Ozone
06-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Excuse me? Why would that be dumb? In this very thread it has been explained, what the procedure for new forums is, if people can't follow it, then they can't expect a forum to be created. They can't just force their demands and posts like yours or the one I'll quote below are not helping their cause either.
A year ago.

In my PM I sent to the Amateur tennis mods I explained why our situation to get a college tennis forum is a bit different. I believe the mods should take more action on our case because it's something that's better long-term for the site, and current users votes (if we make a poll) won't reflect the need for the forum. But can I, or you, create a poll for it?

DartMarcus
06-29-2010, 07:02 AM
I am saying 100% yes to college forum! We will discuss there not only present college tennis teams, results, but also follow the careers of former college stars. I did not post a lot in a college tennis thread, because I have been very busy lately, but after I get into some college tennis team next semestre, I will definetely be much more interested in this. :)

SloKid
06-29-2010, 07:41 AM
A year ago.

In my PM I sent to the Amateur tennis mods I explained why our situation to get a college tennis forum is a bit different. I believe the mods should take more action on our case because it's something that's better long-term for the site, and current users votes (if we make a poll) won't reflect the need for the forum. But can I, or you, create a poll for it?
Nothing has changed in that year though, you were told what was the procedure. If you feel like you're above it, then that's your problem, not mine.

Ozone
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm trying to make the site better. I thought that was your job.

SloKid
06-29-2010, 09:17 PM
I think the site is doing just fine without it for the time being, especially considering 85% of the posts in that thread are from two posters. But when the next forum request period starts feel free to start a thread with your request.