Tickets for Madrid [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tickets for Madrid

El Legenda
05-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Did they not sell any? I am watching Fish and Tipsy there is nobody in the stands and when i say nobody i mean 0 not like 10-15 people...0 :o

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 09:28 AM
wta on centre court, no?

El Legenda
05-11-2009, 09:30 AM
wta on centre court, no?

yeah..so you would expect somebody to be at the Fish/Tipsy match...coaches and ball kids are the only people i see.

Labamba
05-11-2009, 10:26 AM
must be the 10 am start...

catatonia
05-11-2009, 10:38 AM
10 am in Spain is like 7 am elsewhere :)

There are some people at Hernandez v Vassallo match, but most of them I suspect to be players judging from the bags with equipment.

penzias
05-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Definitely, 10 am is way too early, add to that that there are 2 spanish players in the other courts.

Jimnik
05-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Barca didn't have much attendance on the Monday either. Spanish fans are crap.

And Tiriac considers this the 5th slam. What a joke.

eck
05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
There were a few people in the Safin-Tsonga match.
But that was like 30% of max capacity.

Court 2 is pretty much a ghost court. It is still very very very empty. :tape:

Alvarillo
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
The reason is because you need a different ticket to enter to Aranxa Sanchez-Vicario court. That tickets (for that specific court) started to be sold some days ago, so i don't expect big crows there at least this year.

There's no culture (in Spain) of buying tickets for one specific court like in the Gand Slams ... maybe next year, or maybe they will realise that this way doesn't work ... and they permit entrance with the center court ticket for next seasons

In the center court there are a lot of people to be Monday, and during the Qualifying weekend too many people attended.

Alvarillo
05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Barca didn't have much attendance on the Monday either. Spanish fans are crap.

And Tiriac considers this the 5th slam. What a joke.

To have a different culture or way of life is not crap, is just different. The only crap here is you :o

the evening sessions are full, this tournament is the 7th with more visitors in thw world after the 4 GSlams, Miami and Indian Wells, so be quiet

Jimnik
05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
To have a different culture or way of life is not crap, is just different. The only crap here is you :o

the evening sessions are full, this tournament is the 7th with more visitors in thw world after the 4 GSlams, Miami and Indian Wells, so be quiet
I find that forecast hard to believe. There were no more than a few hundred people watching Safin-Tsonga. If attendances pick up for the rest of the week I'll take it back.

If "different culture" means fans don't turn up then I'm sorry that's just crap for the sport. Only selling out for the night session is either poor organisation or lack of enthusiasm. Might as well give it back to Hamburg or some other culture where people actually watch tennis.

eck
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Court 3 didn't look like there were many people too. :tape:

Alvarillo
05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I find that forecast hard to believe. There were no more than a few hundred people watching Safin-Tsonga. If attendances pick up for the rest of the week I'll take it back.

If "different culture" means fans don't turn up then I'm sorry that's just crap for the sport. Only selling out for the night session is either poor organisation or lack of enthusiasm. Might as well give it back to Hamburg or some other culture where people actually watch tennis.

But you are speaking just about one of the stadiums, and is not the main one. So your conclussions are totally wrong.

Roalnd Garros is also empty in the mornings, so we should also give it to Hamburg ?¿?¿?

IN hamburg there were 3 courts, here therae are 6 or 7, so not every one is in the same place at the same time.

And the statistics i told u are real, i invite you to come to the torunament and after that tell me if the venue is empty or not.

And i tell you again, is a question of culture, in Spain we work until evening and after that we LIVE the rest of teh evening and night. I lived in Warsaw for 6 months, streets were empty at 20:00, here streeets, restaurants, cafes, shops are full at that time. Come to Spain and check it.

And remember, the normal way of life is not just the one you follow, there are different cultures, different way of lifes aroung the globe ;)

Jimnik
05-11-2009, 05:06 PM
But you are speaking just about one of the stadiums, and is not the main one. So your conclussions are totally wrong.
Safin-Tsonga was on the main court.

Roalnd Garros is also empty in the mornings, so we should also give it to Hamburg ?¿?¿?

IN hamburg there were 3 courts, here therae are 6 or 7, so not every one is in the same place at the same time.

And the statistics i told u are real, i invite you to come to the torunament and after that tell me if the venue is empty or not.
I was at Hamburg on the Monday last year and I can assure you there were more people on their 2nd court than there were today on Manolo Santana. And they had at least 4 active courts of main draw matches. Roland Garrros is a little empty early in the morning but today Madrid was a ghost stadium.

Btw, I never thought Hamburg was particularly well attended event either but today I saw not a single soul watching Fish-Tipsy and only a few hundred watching Safin-Tsonga. For a masters event being played in the most successful modern tennis nation, that is extremely disappointing. If any other country had so many top 100 players they'd be tennis crazy right now.

And i tell you again, is a question of culture, in Spain we work until evening and after that we LIVE the rest of teh evening and night. I lived in Warsaw for 6 months, streets were empty at 20:00, here streeets, restaurants, cafes, shops are full at that time. Come to Spain and check it.

And remember, the normal way of life is not just the one you follow, there are different cultures, different way of lifes aroung the globe ;)
Thank-you, I've been to Buenos Aires I know what a late culture is like. So the organisers are also partially to blame for starting the schedule too early. Still you would expect them to turn up by early afternoon which is when Safin-Tsonga started.

penzias
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I attended a women's doubles FINAL in RG with less than 500 spectators. And it was a weekend.

Deivid23
05-11-2009, 08:07 PM

Wtf r u on? :lol: An event like Hamburg which can´t sell water without fizz can burn in hell.

penzias
05-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I find that forecast hard to believe. There were no more than a few hundred people watching Safin-Tsonga.
What are you talking? There were at least 3000/3500 watching Safin-Tsonga, which is still pretty low in my opininon but no way a few hundreds.
you know the capacity of the court is over 12000 right?

Truc
05-12-2009, 12:19 AM
i invite you to come to the torunament and after that tell me if the venue is empty or not. I was there today and I was really shocked by the poor attendance. The stands are empty, and so is the whole venue.

Dream
05-12-2009, 12:54 AM
you're discussing the spectators here insteadof tickets. I think the number os spectators is OK for the first day, it was crowded on Sunday cux of the weekend.

As for the tickets - I got some to cell (a friend is sick and she can't go). Got the first category Tuesday 12th to Monday 15th, B 23, 8th row, seat 1. Selling at nominal prices. Please PM me