murray forum ->

l_mac
05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Andy :worship: Highest ranked Scottish player ever :yeah:

All thanks to Rafa. No wonder Muzza loves him so :D

Clydey
05-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Mikey :lol:

This should have been posted at the stroke of midnight. Why the one minute delay?

adee-gee
05-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Well played champ, now go get the #2 :sport:

OMG. Linda's sig = GOAT. Petchey :inlove::hearts:

Johnny Groove
05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see him at #2 very soon.

Roddickominator
05-10-2009, 11:58 PM
More proof of the mug era....this pusher should barely be cracking the top 10.

ORGASMATRON
05-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Skirt wearing mug this Rafa.

Clydey
05-11-2009, 12:00 AM
More proof of the mug era....this pusher should barely be cracking the top 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG8jdpmCaVE

:devil:

iSzavay.
05-11-2009, 12:02 AM
;) Oh yeah Andy :yeah:.

Har-Tru
05-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Congrats Andy!

Now time to get a dentist.

moonlightdance
05-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Congrats Andy!

Now time to get a dentist.

you beat me to it :)

vamos andy.

cath777
05-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Congrats Andy :yeah: Let's make it to at least #2 by the end of the year :yeah: A win at Wimbledon would be great, but I suspect a win at the US Open is more realistic.

kingfederer
05-11-2009, 12:14 AM
yes, thankyou rafa would be appreciated.

ORGASMATRON
05-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I dont know ho i hate more Mugray or faker.

BaselineSmash
05-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Just one more time...

"What's his ranking and what's my ranking?"

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Andy :worship: Highest ranked Scottish player ever :yeah:
I thought he was British?? ISn't that the same? Anybody knows the difference?

Geo
05-11-2009, 12:31 AM
:o :zzz: this marks 1 of the worst moments ever in the ATP rankings history :help:

Garson007
05-11-2009, 12:32 AM
He was right at the time. :shrug:

Talk about out of context.

ORGASMATRON
05-11-2009, 12:33 AM

:o

kingfederer
05-11-2009, 12:35 AM
I dont know ho i hate more Mugray or faker.

lol, i was gonna say the same thing. no one touches the fedal dynasty.

Farenhajt
05-11-2009, 12:36 AM
It only goes to show you he could get to #3 only by double counting the tournaments. A true warrior :worship: Confer my sig.

Sunset of Age
05-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Congrats Muzza. Keep it going between you and Djoko. Don't mess with Rogelio, though. ;)

kingfederer
05-11-2009, 12:37 AM

if an english sportsman does well, they are english by the english media.
if a scottish or welsh sportsman does well, they are known as british by the english media.
if murray wins he is british, if murray loses he is back to scottish.

kingfederer
05-11-2009, 12:39 AM
:o :zzz: this marks 1 of the worst moments ever in the ATP rankings history :help:

lol yea, i bet the british media are already declaring murray the GOAT.:o

Clydey
05-11-2009, 12:41 AM
It only goes to show you he could get to #3 only by double counting the tournaments. A true warrior :worship: Confer my sig.

I love how bitter you are. It's all a big conspiracy. The ATP are double counting Murray's tournaments. :lol:

Remember this post?

Do check Rankings thread before deciding to fart around. Novak can lose the upcoming match and he still keeps #3.

One wonders if you ever tire of making an arse of yourself. You should learn to count before thrusting yourself into rankings discussions.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 12:42 AM
(small “hmm” from Federer) How big an achievement would that be?

"Well, I mean, I think it’s nice, you know, but is there a big difference between number three and number four in the world?

Well, I don’t think so.

I think at this stage, it’s about being number one or number two, about being top seed, being the top dog, you know, and I think that’s what it’s about for Andy so I mean it is nice.

It’s a nice story and I mean of course he would deserve it you know just because he’s you know he’s had I think probably, maybe...."

LMAO!!!:haha:

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Great achievement for Murray..

Updated: http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/05/10/french-tennis-star-tested-positive-for-cocaine-report/

habibko
05-11-2009, 12:44 AM
the rankings didn't change yet, thread opened in Scottish time zone or what? :rolleyes:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/rankings/default.asp

congrats Andy, well deserved, now let's see if you can hold to it as long as Djokovic did :angel:

Clydey
05-11-2009, 12:45 AM

No, it's not the same. Scotland and Britain are not the same, just as England and Britain are not the same. I don't blame you for being confused, given that ignorant people so often refer to Britain as England. Britain comprises a number of constituent countries, one of which is Scotland.

Clydey
05-11-2009, 12:46 AM
the rankings didn't change yet, thread opened in Scottish time zone or what? :rolleyes:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/rankings/default.asp

congrats Andy, well deserved, now let's see if you can hold to it as long as Djokovic did :angel:

I imagine they'll swap it a number of times throughout the year. I wouldn't necessarily rule out Nole getting it back in Madrid.

luie
05-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Congratulations Murray on being #3,you are certainly the second most talented player in the top 10.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 12:50 AM
if an english sportsman does well, they are english by the english media.
if a scottish or welsh sportsman does well, they are known as british by the english media.
if murray wins he is british, if murray loses he is back to scottish.

thanks. This throws more lights into my embarassment. Seems to me some sort of division within the same country.

But Murray didn't play last few DC for GB?? Was he injured or what? Too many excuses ina row might indicate something...

BaselineSmash
05-11-2009, 12:51 AM
He was right at the time. :shrug:

Talk about out of context.

For starters, there's been a lot of debate about whether there's a significant difference between #3 and #4. In this case, not much, because they're tied very close in points.

But Djokovic brought a lot of this belated ("out of context") piss-taking on himself by the way he reacted over the rankings issue in January, when he churlishly chose to voice his now-famous question. Back then, he was the one who raised the rankings issue out of context when he was being questioned about player form if anything, and I for one will be happy to milk it for quite some time to come.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 12:54 AM
No, it's not the same. Scotland and Britain are not the same, just as England and Britain are not the same. I don't blame you for being confused, given that ignorant people so often refer to Britain as England. Britain comprises a number of constituent countries, one of which is Scotland.

I see. Sort of confederation isn't it? Something like USA, Canada, former Yugoslavia... or Kosovo today? Kosovo and Scotland, are they of similar status? But Andy plays under GB flag, right?

Clydey
05-11-2009, 12:55 AM
thanks. This throws more lights into my embarassment. Seems to me some sort of division within the same country.

But Murray didn't play last few DC for GB?? Was he injured or what? Too many excuses ina row might indicate something...

No, he missed the last one with a virus.

Britain is made up of several countries. Think of Britain as a continent (it isn't, obviously) and think of Scotland, England, and Wales as the countries within that continent.

tennishero
05-11-2009, 12:56 AM
lol murray #3 unbelievable.

Clydey
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I see. Sort of confederation isn't it? Something like USA, Canada, former Yugoslavia... or Kosovo today? Kosovo and Scotland, are they of similar status? But Andy plays under GB flag, right?

Yes, tennis is a sport in which the players represent the union rather than the constituent countries. Football (soccer) is different. Scotland, England, and Wales have their own national football teams.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Football (soccer) is different. Scotland, England, and Wales have their own national football teams.

yeah, I knew that. England won World cup in football, and GB never participated as the country.

Farenhajt
05-11-2009, 01:01 AM
One wonders if you ever tire of making an arse of yourself. You should learn to count before thrusting yourself into rankings discussions.

What are you talking about, you old fart? He did keep his #3 position for a week after the said tournament, whilst you said he's going to #4 immediately. Go back to congregating with sheep, that's your area of expertise.

Anyway, as I said earlier, Novak WAS #4 after he became #3 for the first time, but you probably don't even know that, so there's no bitterness at all. On the other hand, all of you Spongehead Squarekilt's fans are painfully alert of the fact that these weeks are going to be the best thing ever happened to him, so you're naturally trying to blow it way out of proportion. Never mind, have fun :wavey:

Clydey
05-11-2009, 01:08 AM
What are you talking about, you old fart? He did keep his #3 position for a week after the said tournament, whilst you said he's going to #4 immediately. Go back to congregating with sheep, that's your area of expertise.

No, I didn't. You're just making shit up now to deflect from your little gaffe. :lol:

So you knew that Murray would get to number 3, and when you said that Djokovic would keep his number 3 ranking you only meant that he'd keep it for one week? You're making a habit of telling porkies.

I like how you called me an old fart. I'm 26. What century do you think we're living in that 26 is considered old?

luie
05-11-2009, 01:18 AM
No, I didn't. You're just making shit up now to deflect from your little gaffe. :lol:

So you knew that Murray would get to number 3, and when you said that Djokovic would keep his number 3 ranking you only meant that he'd keep it for one week? You're making a habit of telling porkies.

I like how you called me an old fart. I'm 26. What century do you think we're living in that 26 is considered old?
If you were a tennis player some would consisder you old.:p

bizzle
05-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Andy :worship:

Next stop #2 :drive:

kingfederer
05-11-2009, 01:33 AM
i dont know how tennis can cope with the disgusting british media declaring the brit the best ever. anyone but a brit.

betowiec
05-11-2009, 01:34 AM
congrats indeed
he earned it

jitterbug
05-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Mate, why not put "Andrew Barron Murray" in the title while you're at it :p

~*BGT*~
05-11-2009, 01:36 AM
..... leave messages of congrats for this young legend

Congratulations Murray. You have thoroughly made this shitty weekend all the more shitty. :yeah:

I'm 19.. almost 20. You're old to me. :p

Macbrother
05-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Good stuff from the Scot. I was honestly not a big fan during his bratty twat stage but he has won me over with his resilience recently.

Sallydaisy
05-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Well done Muzzah - you've worked for this over the last 9 months and deserve it.
Off the clay you're deffo the 2nd best player in the world right now.
On the clay - let's see what the next 2 weeks bring.
;)

For British fans this is awesome news - so please let us have this moment.
It has taken a long time for us to have a player ranked 3 in the world.
No matter how cynical you are it's worth celebrating - and if it were a player from your own country you'd be doing the same.
:cool:

Mr. Oracle
05-11-2009, 01:48 AM
It's been said before, there is something perverse about making it to the finals of a tournament and losing points whereas your opponent who is gunning for your spot loses in the early rounds and gets more points than you.

No matter, I assume Nole's 250 points from the Serbia Open put him right back into # 3 and Murray has a snowballs chance of repeating his feat in Madrid now that they have switched to clay. He will be losing a S$%^load of points with anything less than a title defence there.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame Andy!

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Off the clay you're deffo the 2nd best player in the world right now.
On the clay - let's see what the next 2 weeks bring.
:

you don't know who's the second best on clay now? (Rafa is #1, everyone knows that).

What's Murr's position on clay now? Is he number#2?

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 01:53 AM
It's been said before, there is something perverse about making it to the finals of a tournament and losing points whereas your opponent who is gunning for your spot loses in the early rounds and gets more points than you.

No matter, I assume Nole's 250 points from the Serbia Open put him right back into # 3.. !

wrong. Murray is still #3 as of Monday Morning.

philosophicalarf
05-11-2009, 01:55 AM
No matter, I assume Nole's 250 points from the Serbia Open put him right back into # 3 and Murray has a snowballs chance of repeating his feat in Madrid now that they have switched to clay. He will be losing a S$%^load of points with anything less than a title defence there.

Doesn't work like that. This event replaces Hamburg, where Murray did bugger all last year (Shanghai replaces Madrid indoors).

With few points to defend here and in Roland Garros, Murray will likely go number two before Wimbledon. Then it gets difficult.....

tangerine_dream
05-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Congrats, Andy, on your non-slam winning world number three ranking. That puts you in the same esteemed company as Nikolay Davydenko, Ivan Ljubicic, and Alex Corretja. A remarkable achievement. :hatoff:

munZe konZa
05-11-2009, 02:14 AM
this just proves how Novak has been in bad slump in last year, maybe he will get motivated now :o:rolleyes:

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Congrats, Andy, on your non-slam winning world number three ranking. That puts you in the same esteemed company as Nikolay Davydenko, Ivan Ljubicic, and Alex Corretja. A remarkable achievement. :hatoff:

seems like you got the point here. :worship:

Hurley
05-11-2009, 02:27 AM

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame Andy!

:speakles:

1. Djokovic was still #3 after Rome.

2. TOMORROW Murray becomes #3. Djokovic falls to #4 even though he won in Belgrade.

3. Madrid points come off...in October. 52 weeks after it was played. Much like Rome 2008 points come off for tomorrow's rankings.

Sallydaisy
05-11-2009, 02:31 AM
you don't know who's the second best on clay now? (Rafa is #1, everyone knows that).
What's Murr's position on clay now? Is he number#2?

Rafa is #1 - no question. Murray isn't #2 on clay.
Djoko was Finalist in MC and Rome. Who knows what Madrid and RG will bring?

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 02:32 AM
this just proves how Novak has been in bad slump in last year, maybe he will get motivated now :o:rolleyes:

I must disagree with you on this one. Djoker had good going...won 3 MS plus MC...made four finals recently...

The reason for Djoker going to #4 is that he lost directly to Murray in Miami final. Had taht loss was to anybody else, Djoker would've remained to #3. To me that sound fair and square. You don't wanna lose to your first chaser. Never. Otherwise you pay the price.

The only weird thing to me is that Rog keeps permanently losing to his two chasers plus Nadal, yet he is still #2 firm???! Rog lost last 11 clashes against Nadal, Murray and Djoker (0:11)!! ?

Something smels bad in ATP ranking system.

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 02:45 AM
A short-lived stint in number 3 for now. Still not bad ;) Congrats!

Updated report: http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/05/10/french-tennis-star-tested-positive-for-cocaine-report/

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 02:48 AM
IS there a chance that Rog is going to be seed #3 at FO?

Hurley
05-11-2009, 02:55 AM
The only weird thing to me is that Rog keeps permanently losing to his two chasers plus Nadal, yet he is still #2 firm???! Rog lost last 11 clashes against Nadal, Murray and Djoker (0:11)!! ?

Something smels bad in ATP ranking system.

Federer's Grand Slam results on his ranking: F F W F :speakles:

Looks like the definition of #2 to me :speakles:

Farenhajt
05-11-2009, 03:02 AM

Yes you did. Search function still works around here.

Even sadder if you're just 26 but having the brain of a demented 86 yo :sad:

FlavorNuts
05-11-2009, 03:05 AM
break it up, ladies

Clydey
05-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Yes you did. Search function still works around here.

Then you should have no trouble finding the post in question. Get back to me when you find it. :wavey:

Florida
05-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Congratulations to Andy indeed! He is living up to the expectations of the entire British nation and I hope he will be able to keep it up and climb up to the next ranking??!!! I also look forward to Andy defending all his points when the time comes and that will be Wimbledon and if he does he will indeed prove he is worth not only the #3 but also a contender for a higher ranking. All eyes will be on him this week as a new #3 and he will be expected to improve on his clay court performance. In addition, as Federer will say: It is always easier to get there than to stay there!!!!! Kudos to Andy and wishing him the best of luck for the reminaing of the clay court season, the up-coming grass court season and the rest of the HC season when defending the majority of his acquired points!!!!

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 03:17 AM
Federer's Grand Slam results on his ranking: F F W F :speakles:

Looks like the definition of #2 to me :speakles:

and do you know about his MS results? 15 X 0 = 0.00 over last 20 months! He made it to only 2 finals out of the last 15 MS!??

If you believe that GS are the only tennis tours that matter, then that explains the sucking ATP ranking system. They do the same. Then let's have more GSs (more than 4). Somebody might get lucky draw, make the final, lose (or win) there, then sit at the top and enjoy there resting while other players do true play yet just to be sitting at the foot at the resting guy??. (THIS SYSTEM) dOESN'T WORK FOR THE GOOD OF THE TENNIS.

Otherwise players are not going to be encouraged to play in pointless MS tourneys, not even mentioning ATP 500, or 250!!

Hurley
05-11-2009, 04:49 AM
and do you know about his MS results? 15 X 0 = 0.00 over last 20 months!

:speakles: No points for anything less than a title :speakles: Counting more than the last 12 months :speakles:

Schu
05-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Congrats Murray for making this absolutely crappy day even worse!

rafa_maniac
05-11-2009, 04:54 AM
and do you know about his MS results? 15 X 0 = 0.00 over last 20 months! He made it to only 2 finals out of the last 15 MS!??

If you believe that GS are the only tennis tours that matter, then that explains the sucking ATP ranking system. They do the same. Then let's have more GSs (more than 4). Somebody might get lucky draw, make the final, lose (or win) there, then sit at the top and enjoy there resting while other players do true play yet just to be sitting at the foot at the resting guy??. (THIS SYSTEM) dOESN'T WORK FOR THE GOOD OF THE TENNIS.

Otherwise players are not going to be encouraged to play in pointless MS tourneys, not even mentioning ATP 500, or 250!!

Do you know how many MS titles Djokovic is currently defending? None. Just a Masters Cup, and that's not nearly as impressive as Federer's Slam record over the past year.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 05:06 AM
:speakles: No points for anything less than a title :speakles: Counting more than the last 12 months :speakles:

Right. However, i was pointing on Federer's slumpy play for almost two years. Which includes last 12 months. Where except GS F,F,W,F, he didn't do much anywhere else in ATP. While other players, Murr and Djoker were making F and winning MS, MC tourneys. Yet they can't take a slumpy Rog down from his cemented #2 position! So, some sort of rectification is needed in ranking system to truly reflect the players hard work.

You do not have to agree about ranking system change but Roger play is below Murr's and Djoker's for the last year (12 months), for sure. Yet he is higher positioned?? Smells bad, eh. This is justified by the Rog's score of 0:11 for the last 11 matches against Rafa, Murr and Djoker!!?

Although he was finished YE as #2 with only 10 points ahead of Djoker!! Then Djoker screwed it all up. Now, Murray is trying to catch up, yet too slow.

penzias
05-11-2009, 05:14 AM
IS there a chance that Rog is going to be seed #3 at FO?
Yes, if he loses in 2nd or 3rd round and Andy wins the tournament.

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 05:22 AM
It would be tough for Andy to win the tournament but there's always a possibility... :)

Winners last weekend: http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/05/11/tournament-winners-may-3-10/

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Do you know how many MS titles Djokovic is currently defending? None. Just a Masters Cup, and that's not nearly as impressive as Federer's Slam record over the past year.

yeah, and Murray is defending 3 MS titles and beat Rog 4 out of the last four clashes!! Yet Rog is ahead of him??

You missed the point: I am talking about ranking system, which is mathematics and not the impression. Impression is a personal opinion.

The ranking system doesn't truly reflect a player's ground work, and is going to be changed soon.

Betty
05-11-2009, 05:34 AM
waiting for another number:devil:
congrat sco boy!:)

Ilovetheblues_86
05-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Congrats mr.Murray.

You certainly was born under some natural talent to play tennis.
Knows exactly how to polay in hard courts.;) Could be a bit more offensive, but it´s just your baseline new era style.

You are quite a character too.Congrats. :worship:

Turquoise
05-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Congratulations Murray! :hatoff: Great career milestone, but don't stop here please.

Forehander
05-11-2009, 07:02 AM
How long will this man physically last?

nateyang
05-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Right. However, i was pointing on Federer's slumpy play for almost two years. Which includes last 12 months. Where except GS F,F,W,F, he didn't do much anywhere else in ATP. While other players, Murr and Djoker were making F and winning MS, MC tourneys. Yet they can't take a slumpy Rog down from his cemented #2 position! So, some sort of rectification is needed in ranking system to truly reflect the players hard work.

You do not have to agree about ranking system change but Roger play is below Murr's and Djoker's for the last year (12 months), for sure. Yet he is higher positioned?? Smells bad, eh. This is justified by the Rog's score of 0:11 for the last 11 matches against Rafa, Murr and Djoker!!?

Although he was finished YE as #2 with only 10 points ahead of Djoker!! Then Djoker screwed it all up. Now, Murray is trying to catch up, yet too slow.

Where did you get the 0:11 H2H? Had it been that long since the USO?

The ranking is mathematical, highly values Slam Results and never lies. You keep fixating on the MS, but it only worths 1/2 the Slam points. Roger excels in Slams, including the recent back-to-back victories against both Djokovic & Murray at USO and reach final in other events that both D & M failed to do, where it matters most, hence explains the ranking.

Stefanos13
05-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Question: shouldn't Nole's 250 points from the clay tournament in Sebia appear in his breakdown? Somehow they don't. What am I missing here?

and congratulations Andy :)

Jōris
05-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Rankings are nice, slams are better. Congrats anyway.

scoobs
05-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Question: shouldn't Nole's 250 points from the clay tournament in Sebia appear in his breakdown? Somehow they don't. What am I missing here?

and congratulations Andy :)
They do for me :shrug:

Stefanos13
05-11-2009, 07:24 AM
They do for me :shrug:

a-ha! now they do for me too. Always to eager to check the updates on Monday morning but the atp site takes time to load everything up.

FlameOn
05-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Congrats Murray. I sort of hope he wins a slam soon, so all the Top 4 would have slams. If Roddick can get into Top 5 then all the Top 5 would have slams. :D

l_mac
05-11-2009, 07:28 AM

Nole was also #3 for around 6 months with no slam :wavey: :D

Awesome levels of ignorace in here :worship:

jcempire
05-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see him at #2 very soon.

only few points away

tnosugar
05-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Good for him. We have a 3-way battle for the number 2 spot now :)
I think he'll stay ahead of Djokovic until Montreal. After Queens, Djokovic has few points to defend, while Murray has not used the clay court season to create a bigger margin.
What also might happen is that Federer could slip into 4 by that time...

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Nole was also #3 for around 6 months with no slam :wavey: :D

Awesome levels of ignorace in here :worship:

tangy is right, murray shares their company now :shrug:

of course u can't rate him lower than ljubo, the worst #3 ever in the history of any sport, but he's there somewhere...

whether he'll win a slam ,remains to be seen...

scoobs
05-11-2009, 07:40 AM
It's a great achievement, but without a slam all it means is that in years to come, commentators can now introduce you as "former world number 3..." How much better it sounds to be introduced as "former Grand Slam champion..."

Step to it, Andy.

l_mac
05-11-2009, 07:42 AM

of course u can't rate him lower than ljubo, the worst #3 ever in the history of any sport, but he's there somewhere...

Did I say she was wrong? :confused:

I wasn't talking about her with the ignorance thing.

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 07:44 AM
okay, i missed something then

carry on. :)

MariaV
05-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Congratulations to Murray! :hatoff:

tnosugar
05-11-2009, 07:50 AM

hey, stop picking on Ljubo, he's a nice guy. And his game wasn't that bad when he was no3...I'm sure I could dig up lousier players who were #3 at some point...

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 07:56 AM
hey, stop picking on Ljubo, he's a nice guy. And his game wasn't that bad when he was no3...I'm sure I could dig up lousier players who were #3 at some point...

i'm sure he's a nice guy :wavey:

don't bother diggin up a worse #3, though :lol:

Venle
05-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Congrats Muzza.

Hate to admit it but it's nice we finally get some change in the rankings.

HeretiC
05-11-2009, 08:57 AM
ranking this, ranking that

:yeah: When you have top 4 in the mix for big events it really doesn't matter much, you will get one of them in SF and one more in the F. Still, congrats to Murray for the #3.

Byrd
05-11-2009, 09:15 AM
This just reminds me of Faker's tirade about rankings at the AO :haha:

Anyways congrats Muzza, onto no.2 next.

Bascule
05-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Congrats:hatoff:

Kiman
05-11-2009, 10:30 AM
This just reminds me of Faker's tirade about rankings at the AO :haha:

Anyways congrats Muzza, onto no.2 next.
Hmmm, so easy to pull things out of context. He was questioned about his feeling that not him neither Fed are considered favorites to win AO, but Murray. And I completely agree he was wrong that he went with rankings. He should say something like: "Did Murray ever won tournament of this value?". Although, few days later, his counter-question, keep in context, was completely legit.
Back on topic - congrats Murray.

Goldenoldie
05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Congratulations to Murray, according to some people on this forum the most undeserving number 3 in history.

All the lucky draws, sick and injured opponents, Hawkeye getting it wrong, matches he deserved to lose but somehow won. How on earth did he ever beat Federer, Nadal or Djokovic, or indeed anybody in the top 50, because he apparently plays so badly?

He may only keep the spot for a week if he does badly in Madrid, and Djokovic reaches the Final, and then he'll start to slide down the rankings, won't he? For goodness sake, he might as well retire now, this is as good as it gets!!

OR PERHAPS NOT!!!

Go Andy, keep your head and keep your position, or even improve it to the next level. Most of the country is behind you.

Rafa = Fed Killa
05-11-2009, 12:06 PM

What a joke this Murray is.

Disgrace that a clown like him made #3, well he is still better than CrappyDonkey and Lluboho.

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
3rd Murray, Andy (GBR) 8990
4th Djokovic, Novak (SRB) 8920

Burrow
05-11-2009, 12:50 PM
murray making number 3, :spit:

Burrow
05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
3rd Murray, Andy (GBR) 8990
4th Djokovic, Novak (SRB) 8920

Wimbledon and later, Murray is screwed.

Corey Feldman
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
It only goes to show you he could get to #3 only by double counting the tournaments. A true warrior :worship: Confer my sig.in the last 12 months which one if them has won 3 TMS and been in a GS Final?:)

Nole is good for picking up the TMS plates and losing to Roddick in that time

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Where did you get the 0:11 H2H? Had it been that long since the USO?

The ranking is mathematical, highly values Slam Results and never lies. You keep fixating on the MS, but it only worths 1/2 the Slam points. Roger excels in Slams, including the recent back-to-back victories against both Djokovic & Murray at USO and reach final in other events that both D & M failed to do, where it matters most, hence explains the ranking.

well, you better go and read. I am not your teacher here. For the sake of the argument:

Nadal: 5 losses (AO, W, FO, Hamburg, Monte Carlo - all finals)
Murray: 4 losses, in the last 4 matches (all after USO)
Djokovic: 2 losses in last two matches (Miami, Rome)

5+4+2 = 11 losses total.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I am sure this is good for tennis too. Now it's time for Djoker to start thinking what he really wants. He got stuck at #3 for almost 3 years, was in the position to take #2 over, however failed all 3 times, even though last time (brisbane and Sidney) it was a piece of cake (lost to Jarkko Niemenen in Sidney??? That was such a shameful loss!).

At least he changed something. For worse!, though.

l_mac
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I am sure this is good for tennis too. Now it's time for Djoker to start thinking what he really wants. He got stuck at #3 for almost 3 years, was in the position to take #2 over, however failed all 3 times, even though last time (brisbane and Sidney) it was a piece of cake (lost to Jarkko Niemenen in Sidney??? That was such a shameful loss!).

At least he changed something. For worse!, though.

He hasn't even been #3 for 2 years.

And he'd only have been #2 for 2 weeks. The seedings for Australia were already set, so his draw wouldn't have been changed.

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM

And he'd only have been #2 for 2 weeks. The seedings for Australia were already set, so his draw wouldn't have been changed.

in that case he would've been in the final at least :shrug:

nateyang
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
well, you better go and read. I am not your teacher here. For the sake of the argument:

Nadal: 5 losses (AO, W, FO, Hamburg, Monte Carlo - all finals)
Murray: 4 losses, in the last 4 matches (all after USO)
Djokovic: 2 losses in last two matches (Miami, Rome)

5+4+2 = 11 losses total.

Didn't know you count "consecutive" separately like that! :rolleyes:

Pfloyd
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Just has to master clay to get to no.2, no?

meihaditalab
05-11-2009, 03:24 PM
..... leave messages of congrats for this young legend

HAHAHA, young dumbass maybe ?

l_mac
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
in that case he would've been in the final at least :shrug:

I just said the seedings were already done. Sydney is the week before the AO and therefore too close to affect seedings.

Caillou
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
omggg..ewwwwww

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I just said the seedings were already done. Sydney is the week before the AO and therefore too close to affect seedings.

u are speculating that he would've lost to roddick playing as #2.

i am speculating that he would've beaten both him and fed.

l_mac
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
u are speculating that he would've lost to roddick playing as #2.

i am speculating that he would've beaten both him and fed.

Why? Would being #2 make him less liable to melt :awww:?

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 03:33 PM

ok, thanks. Typo: it should stay he has been stuck at #3 for almost 2 years. Good eyes.

However: Djoker NEVER was #2! Not for a single day.

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Why? Would being #2 make him less liable to melt :awww:?

"i don't know what you're trying to say here"

:lol:

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Didn't know you count "consecutive" separately like that! :rolleyes:

hehe...buddy, now you know. It could be counted differently, though. Depends on what's the purpose of your research, but this one clearly indicates Rog's poor ratio against other three top dogs.

I am living for the day when he is gonna go down from #2 position. ...or upgrade his game. I don't care which way it goes, as long as slumpy player stops being reawarded for a poor performance. ATP ranking system sucks!

«Ivan»
05-11-2009, 03:43 PM

finishingmove cares only what would imac 'n glenn say.i'm not sure who is his fav player.if those 2 don't like what he has to say he apologize.glenn is spitting everything with prefix "s(erbian)",utter racist but what could possibly can insult our finishing?nothing.

beskicmenjak,classic.

rafa_maniac
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
yeah, and Murray is defending 3 MS titles and beat Rog 4 out of the last four clashes!! Yet Rog is ahead of him??

You missed the point: I am talking about ranking system, which is mathematics and not the impression. Impression is a personal opinion.

The ranking system doesn't truly reflect a player's ground work, and is going to be changed soon.

Actually it's quite the opposite. The rankings may not reflect YOUR impression of the way things should be, but they don't lie. If Djokovic or Murray had an overall more profitable past 12 months they would have more points and be ranked higher, it's that simple. On a personal note, GS final > MS win.

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 03:47 PM
so you don't like me, chooper? again?

damn...

l_mac
05-11-2009, 03:48 PM

damn...

It must be hard work trying to please me and GlennM.

Have a hug :hug:

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
It must be hard work trying to please me and GlennM.

Have a hug :hug:

:sobbing:

sorry but i need clydey to hold me... no offense...

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Actually it's quite the opposite. The rankings may not reflect YOUR impression of the way things should be, but they don't lie. If Djokovic or Murray had an overall more profitable past 12 months they would have more points and be ranked higher, it's that simple. On a personal note, GS final > MS win.

1. not it's not that simple. Now you're putting your impression against mine, and stating "actually it's quite opposite"???

2. quite wrong without any impression. Unless you're proved tennis expert? I am not.

3. If you wanna discuss crazy ATP ranking system you'd agree that GS cannot be rewared 2X MS ranking points!??
And that's exactly what keeps Roger Federer at #2: few GS finals and one GS title. That's all. Not fair.

So, let's see: does GS rewaring poinst are truly worthy 2X MS ranking points???
(I'll open this issue in a brand new therad).

«Ivan»
05-11-2009, 03:53 PM

damn...

no,i pitty you.tell me did i wrote something wrong in post above?any disagree?did i lie?

Vida
05-11-2009, 03:55 PM
it wont last. slum is just one corner away.

rafa_maniac
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
1. not it's not that simple. Now you're putting your impression against mine, and stating "actually it's quite opposite"???

I never mentioned my own opinion of what the rankings should be, because I don't have one. They are what they are.

2. quite wrong without any impression. Unless you're proved tennis expert? I am not.

What?

3. If you wanna discuss crazy ATP ranking system you'd agree that GS cannot be rewared 2X MS ranking points!??

Any player in their right mind would give 2 MS titles for a GS, so yes, I'd say making them half the points is being rather generous in fact.

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
no,i pitty you.tell me did i wrote something wrong in post above?any disagree?did i lie?

you read me like a book. :sad:

«Ivan»
05-11-2009, 04:03 PM
you read me like a book. :sad:

ye,2 faced book.
i shall not write about you any more,i just would like from you to change flag,to see one single post from you in nole forum,to tell those 2 just once to shout up when is your country "on the table".nothing more.

finishingmove
05-11-2009, 04:09 PM
ye,2 faced book.
i shall not write about you any more,i just would like from you to change flag,to see one single post from you in nole forum,to tell those 2 just once to shout up when is your country "on the table".nothing more.

don't worry, good will triumph over evil one day.

~*BGT*~
05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Congrats Murray for making this absolutely crappy day even worse!

That's what I said. :o

Bascule
05-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes, Vida, if Novak keeps his present form, RG could easy change the rank of the two again, especially if Muzza happens to be on Nadal side of the draw.

Anyway, as I remember, Novak became no.3 for the first time at july 2007., then he was no.4 again for few weeks, until Montreal, and then - back on no.3 position. And you know what? The history's repeating.;)

Avon
05-11-2009, 05:07 PM

The English Media have him as Scottish when he’s Beaten, and British when he wins.
I hope this answers your question.

Bascule
05-11-2009, 05:10 PM
The English Media have him as Scottish when he’s Beaten, and British when he wins.
I hope this answers your question.

Right. :spit:

Sapeod
05-11-2009, 05:18 PM
lol yea, i bet the british media are already declaring murray the GOAT.:o
Actaully they are being realistic and saying he has a lot to improve to reach number 2, escpecially on clay.

scarecrows
05-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Any player in their right mind would give 2 MS titles for a GS,

even 3, but you're losing time trying to convince such morons

oliviasmith
05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
congrats!

Sapeod
05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
There is no point in trying to reason with kingfrauderer. This moron can't even read your post because he is illiterate. Your punctuation marks show up as @f#f8gng$%&*(( in his eyes.
:lol: Maybe. That will explain things :lol:

Jelena_78
05-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Congrats! :)

MsTree
05-11-2009, 05:49 PM
All the way Andy, Fed next :D

Andi-M
05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Congrats Andy!!!!! :aparty:

Be greedy go for no 2. oh and if you can win a slam would be grreat!!

dusk
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Andy Murray comes from a country with no tennis background,just makes him getting to world No.3 even more Remarkable.

Well done Andy

This would have been true, except, Andy is British - meaning, even though he's from Scotland, he was able to get wild cards to tournaments in England and the slams that give wc to British players.
(correct me if I'm wrong?). But that doesn't really matter, since there are so many players from countries with rich tennis background and they are not able to achieve this.
I don't really enjoy his game, but nobody can deny his talent and determination.

Anyway, he's proved many people wrong, worked hard and deserves this spot. Congrats Andy!:yeah:

Avon
05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
This would have been true, except, Andy is British - meaning, even though he's from Scotland, he was able to get wild cards to tournaments in England and the slams that give wc to British players.
(correct me if I'm wrong?). But that doesn't really matter, since there are so many players from countries with rich tennis background and they are not able to achieve this.
I don't really enjoy his game, but nobody can deny his talent and determination.

Anyway, he's proved many people wrong, worked hard and deserves this spot. Congrats Andy!:yeah:

So I will be British even though I am from Scotland.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
While you’re at it could you also explain to me how Holland and the Netherlands are not the same thing? I can’t get my head round that one as well.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Andy Murray comes from a country with no tennis background,just makes him getting to world No.3 even more Remarkable.

lol...wonder what's this to do with my original post? You confused something here.

MalwareDie
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
While you’re at it could you also explain to me how Holland and the Netherlands are not the same thing? I can’t get my head round that one as well.

Holland is part of the Netherlands. If you get that Scotland is a part of Britain, this shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Avon
05-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Holland is part of the Netherlands.
Thank's
As you are from Canada is it true the biggest problem your country has is that half of you speak French and the other half allow it.

zlaja777
05-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah, congrats to Andy but after Wimby you're number 4 again...

dusk
05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
So I will be British even though I am from Scotland.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

You can declare yourself as Scotish, Chinese, Brazilian but if you're a tennis player with UK citizenship, chances are you'll get the wild card to tournaments in UK.
Do. You. Understand. ?

About the second question...Holland is a region in Netherlands. Most of my Dutch friends say Holland instead of Netherlands (referring to the country as a whole)...but the athletes play for one country in international competitions.

Avon
05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
"Most of my Dutch friends say Holland instead of Netherlands (referring to the country as a whole"

In Scotland we refer to Holland as a poor man’s Belgium

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Holland is part of the Netherlands.

I thought it was the same. What other countries do build Netherlands?

dusk
05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
In Scotland we refer to Holland as a poor man’s Belgium

O...K...:rolleyes:

btw. You have confused flags.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah, congrats to Andy but after Wimby you're number 4 again...

? Not after FO?

tangerine_dream
05-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Can we please get back to our regularly scheduled Murray bashing? Thank you.

maki925
05-11-2009, 07:08 PM
:haha: Enjoy this week, next Monday he's number 4 again,there is no chance he will defend Madrid!:)

Avon
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
:rolleyes:Can we please get back to our regularly scheduled Murray bashing? Thank you.
You can't Bash Andy now that's he's world No.3 that’s treason.

:rolleyes:

MsTree
05-11-2009, 07:20 PM
:haha: Enjoy this week, next Monday he's number 4 again,there is no chance he will defend Madrid!:)

:haha: He doesn't defend his Madrid points until October, it's Hamburg points dropping next week :D

tangerine_dream
05-11-2009, 07:24 PM
You can't Bash Andy now that's he's world No.3 that’s treason.

:rolleyes: Roger doesn't think Andy being number three is a big deal so I don't see why anybody else should be celebrating. Get back to me when he's world number one and has won a slam. Otherwise you may as well celebrate being world number 300. :wavey:

maki925
05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
:haha: He doesn't defend his Madrid points until October, it's Hamburg points dropping next week :D

I know and I don't mind that either! :)

MalwareDie
05-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I know and I don't mind that either! :)

Liar.

Certinfy
05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Meh... I'll start getting happy when he gets #2

Avon
05-11-2009, 08:04 PM
:rolleyes: Roger doesn't think Andy being number three is a big deal so I don't see why anybody else should be celebrating. Get back to me when he's world number one and has won a slam. Otherwise you may as well celebrate being world number 300. :wavey:

Roger is just mean spirited because he does not win tournaments any more.
Well done to Juan-Martin Aranguren No.300 in the world.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Lee
05-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Yes, Vida, if Novak keeps his present form, RG could easy change the rank of the two again, especially if Muzza happens to be on Nadal side of the draw.

Anyway, as I remember, Novak became no.3 for the first time at july 2007., then he was no.4 again for few weeks, until Montreal, and then - back on no.3 position. And you know what? The history's repeating.;)

The historical Montreal where he beat #3, #2 and #1 to win the title,thus back to #3. And the tournament will be in Montreal this year.

even 3, but you're losing time trying to convince such morons

Yup. People talk about Sampras' 14 Slam titled but who talk about ?? MS titles by Agassi.

Back to topic: Great job for Murray in the last year. Hope he handles the pressure but so far, he appears :cool:

bobbynorwich
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Just one more time...

:haha:

Dfaker never fails to entertain.

Btw, you shouldn't be allowed to get 250 points for beating a Lucky Loser in the final of your own tournament. Such highway robbery by Novak .....

Anyway >>>>> http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_cmonandy.png (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Sunset of Age
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
You can see by my flag where I come from, anyway, I don't understand why are you so offensive?

Five letters: T-R-O-L-L. ;)

scarecrows
05-11-2009, 09:36 PM
And, BTW, don't get his posts too serious.

I'm hurt

l_mac
05-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Right. :spit:
What? That is true of all Scottish sportsmen/women.
I'm hurt

As well you should be. People forget that you made the final of "Best GM poster" in 2007.

scarecrows
05-11-2009, 09:42 PM
you made the final of "Best GM poster" in 2007.

untrue

l_mac
05-11-2009, 09:45 PM
untrue

I must have rewritten MTF history in my mind to make you the winner of everything.

Lee
05-11-2009, 09:48 PM

I must have rewritten MTF history in my mind to make you the winner of everything.

You fangirl! :p

Bascule
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm hurt

:hug:

scarecrows
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/genci/murrayg.jpg

Bascule
05-11-2009, 10:06 PM
What? That is true of all Scottish sportsmen/women.

I just did agree with the statement, I'm not always sarcastic.:angel:

On the other side, how much money GB invested in Murray? Remind me.

l_mac
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM

:lol: :lol:

TennisViewer531
05-12-2009, 03:05 AM

:bolt::bigclap:

*bunny*
05-12-2009, 03:50 AM
Congrats, Andy! :yeah:

vidanhv
05-12-2009, 04:07 AM
Well done. Now he is safe till the end of RG at least if not all the way till the end of Wimbly. He doesn't have almost any points to defend (was it 150 in Hamburg last year?), so Djoko will have to wait at least several weeks to regain his beloved #3. No doubt it will happen tho. So, lets now see ho is the first of two of them to get that #2 for a while.

w78dexon_y
05-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Now he is safe till the end of RG at least if not all the way till the end of Wimbly. He doesn't have almost any points to defend (was it 150 in Hamburg last year?).

not so fast. 150 points is a lot for Murray on clay.

finishingmove
05-12-2009, 05:35 AM
too strong, genci

The Oracle
08-15-2009, 08:47 PM
no. 3 is really nothing comparing to no. 2;).

Congrats Andy~