Djokovic is the first winner of Serbia Open over Kubot by 6-3 7-6(7-0) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Djokovic is the first winner of Serbia Open over Kubot by 6-3 7-6(7-0)

maki925
05-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Congrats Nole! :worship:

spriwi
05-10-2009, 04:08 PM
what's written on his shirt?

maki925
05-10-2009, 04:09 PM
^Serbia I love you!

Sapeod
Dammit Kubot :sad: You were doing so well. Amazing week for you Lukasz :hug:

Wow. Djokovic won the tournament. Why doesn't that surprised me with the 2nd seed being Karlovic :tape:

kingfederer
*yawn* the rubbish man cleans up another nadal,federer,murray-LESS MM title.
what a scavenger.

Nathaliia
05-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Nice fight by Kubot (and losing a lead, of course ;) )

star
05-10-2009, 04:11 PM
It's nice for the Serbian players to get to play in front of a crowd of countrymen. It must feel good for them.

Now, it's back to the grind.

Greg-Pete fan
05-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Kubot wasted a 5-2 lead in the 2nd set:mad: However it was a great match and whole tournament for him:)

Sunset of Age
05-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Congrats Djoko! :hatoff:
Yes, nice attempt by Kubot. :)

Masha91
05-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Great work Nole, so proud of you. You deserve it! :yeah:

Lee
05-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Finally the monkey is off the back of Novak.

munZe konZa
05-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Kubot will beat Federer and Murray on clay surface

spriwi
05-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Kubot will beat Federer and Murray on clay surface

:D
just somehow let him play against them
;)

Greg-Pete fan
05-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Kubot played a very solid match today. In this form he should be in the main draw of Roland Garros :)

l_mac
05-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Can't believe Nole won the Djokovic Invitational. :eek:

Incredible effort :worship:

So many matches already this year for Nole. Even more than Rafa.

Budic
05-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Kubot played very well in 2nd set. i think that if he hadn't lose that smash he would won 2nd set. But anyway great match by Łukasz. A few tours like this, and we will finally have Pole in TOP 100 : - )

Marc23
Nice to see home title for Novak...he was under huge pressure for this particular tournament!

Billabong
Nole:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Very emotional victory, he must be sooooo thrilled to win in his country, keep it up champ:hatoff:

Voo de Mar
05-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Good match by Kubot, better than I expected.

yellowboy906
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
damn, those serbian ballgirls are cute and hot. i think they are hotter than madrid ballgirls. :worship:

muniu
05-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Well done guys :D
Kubot I'm so :eek: , Good luck in the next tournament :D
Nole, it's high time to beat Nadal on clay ( Madrid SF :scared: ) :wavey:

shawshank
05-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Amazing week for Kubot. I'm so happy for him. I was very nervous during the match ;)
He really played great in the second set although I could see in the end that he was tired. I hope he can keep his level and win some more matches and advance to TOP 100.
Shame that they cut the transmision just before speaches. Did anybody see the speaches?
Now Lukasz go and win the doubles!

Mint Chip
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Never in doubt even though Kubot should of won that second set but thats tennis

COMA
05-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Good Fight by Lukasz :)
Hope he keeps on playing singles rather than concentrating solely on doubles

bobbynorwich
05-10-2009, 04:45 PM

Yeah, it does seem like this tourney must position itself as less familal or regional. Way too much about Nole --- website, press releases, graphics, marketing, --- even the water bottles and umbrellas labelled "Novak."

If they want to attract the best international players --- rather than just those from the Balkans & environs, they should at least appear less partisan. Probably impossible to do, however, with the family's ownership.

miura
05-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Congrats to Novak and his fans!

pica_pica
05-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Now I see why Novak's so pressured in the tournament. Boris Tadic the Serbian president is right there. After the speech, you see soldiers carrying a huge flag, then the national anthem, and even a military plane performing in the sky :eek: That means he must win it or it'll be a joke. I don't know what these people are thinking about. I understand their national pride but this is too much. Kudos to Novak for handling all the pressure though. It must be really tough for him. He has to play consecutive weeks with lots of ranking points in concern, endure all conflicts from the organization of the tournament, and handle all the pressure from this master plan to celebrate national pride. :hug: Rest well for Madrid, Novak!

~Maya~
05-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Well done Nole and great fight from Kubot

Nole very emotional :hug:

Sunset of Age
05-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Now I see why Novak's so pressured in the tournament. Boris Tadic the Serbian president is right there. After the speech, you see soldiers carrying a huge flag, then the national anthem, and even a military plane performing in the sky :eek: That means he must win it or it'll be a joke. I don't know what these people are thinking about. I understand their national pride but this is too much. Kudos to Novak for handling all the pressure though. It must be really tough for him. He has to play consecutive weeks with lots of ranking points in concern, endure all conflicts from the organization of the tournament, and handle all the pressure from this master plan to celebrate national pride. :hug: Rest well for Madrid, Novak!

WOW! All that pressure on the fellow... well that makes it indeed an even better achievement from Nole. I agree, that whole nationalistic business is over the top.

apple123
05-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Holy Moly. Thumb up for him not cracking under such pressure. Life is never easy, though you have all the fame and money.

tnosugar
05-10-2009, 05:01 PM
[quote=l_mac;8550050]Can't believe Nole won the Djokovic Invitational. :eek:

quote]

Yeah, it does seem like this tourney must position itself as less familal or regional. Way too much about Nole --- website, press releases, graphics, marketing, --- even the water bottles and umbrellas labelled "Novak."

If they want to attract the best international players --- rather than just those from the Balkans & environs, they should at least appear less partisan. Probably impossible to do, however, with the family's ownership.

yes, it's going to be hard. I'm afraid his dad and uncle will only look to extend their grip in Serbian tennis after this, and take on the other goon squad,currently controlling the Federation, headed by Boban Zivojinovic, in various power games.
But I think Novak has made a psychological break with daddy kingpin. The scene where he told him to get off the stands so he could finish the match against Seppi in peace tells all.
I'm afraid he just might lose early in Madrid... this tourney will have sapped him mentally even more than physically...

lamnathalie
05-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Incredible second set. :woohoo:
Well done, Nole! :D

tnosugar
05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
WOW! All that pressure on the fellow... well that makes it indeed an even better achievement from Nole. I agree, that whole nationalistic business is over the top.

It's really not about some genuine patriotism and nationalism. These are just the best marketing tools here at the moment (still), so everyone aspiring for power and wealth uses them. Noble feelings are soiled oh so often by opportunists, the leitmotif here for the past 20 years. :sad:

Stephie Cesc
05-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Well done Nole! :hug:

Corey Feldman
05-10-2009, 05:19 PM
well done on winning the Nole Open

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Congratualtions Nole!
Historical victory! The first Serbia Open titlist!
I loved your shirt with "I love Serbia" printed! You're the man! I am sure Serbia loves you too.
And it always will.

Kubok? I wonder how much of drugs had he been eating recently?? His position, reputation, experience, knowledge, skills, and mind set doesn't comply with his play??? If I were ATP drug testing committee, I would visit this guy and test his every single day for next 365 days! For a set and a half, he made less unforced errors than Nadal??? Never seen that before in tennis history!?

«Ivan»
05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
well done on winning the Nole Open

http://i43.tinypic.com/5yx98k.jpg

Kubok? I wonder how much of drugs had he been eating recently?? His position, reputation, experience, knowledge, skills, and mind set doesn't comply with his play??? If I were ATP drug testing committee, I would visit this guy and test his every single day for next 365 days! For a set and a half, he made less unforced errors than Nadal??? Never seen that before in tennis history!?
http://i40.tinypic.com/347du05.gifhttp://i41.tinypic.com/33ubhn6.gif

tnosugar
05-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Congratualtions Nole!
I loved your shirt with "I love Serbia" printed! You're the man! I am sure Serbia loves you too.
And it always will.

that's plain rubbish. he just had the best tourney of his life. Nole's game was average at best during the whole tournament, because of all the crap he has had to endure.
I'm glad for Kubot, hope he can take it further from here...

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=bobbynorwich;8550286]

yes, it's going to be hard. I'm afraid his dad and uncle will only look to extend their grip in Serbian tennis after this, and take on the other goon squad,currently controlling the Federation, headed by Boban Zivojinovic, in various power games.
But I think Novak has made a psychological break with daddy kingpin. The scene where he told him to get off the stands so he could finish the match against Seppi in peace tells all.
I'm afraid he just might lose early in Madrid... this tourney will have sapped him mentally even more than physically...

you're afraid, eh??! Well, don't!
Serbian Tennis need not your concern buddy. Your Zivojinovic guy is a mobster and a communist. That's where he made his realm. He never made anything good for Serbia's tennis. If it was up to him, Serbia Open would've never taken place! I am glad he was banned from eneting the tourney!

It's now time for the sake of Serbia Tennis Federation to get rid of that mobster.

And that scene you were pointing on, was not between father and son! It was between loud music that bothered Nole, and he asked his father to go and fix it. The trash stories are going around to throw a shed on the respectful Djokovic family. Go get the life, Serb hater.

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 05:35 PM
that's plain rubbish. he [Kubok] just had the best tourney of his life.
yeah, and that happened against #3 player in the world and second best on clay at the time??
Go get cold showers, man.
A player for who this was the very first final in his entire life!!?? :)

ORGASMATRON
05-10-2009, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=tnosugar;8550401]

you're afraid, eh??! Well, don't!
Serbian Tennis need not your concern buddy. Your Zivojinovic guy is a mobster and a communist. That's where he made his realm. He never made anything good for Serbia's tennis. If it was up to him, Serbia Open would've never taken place! I am glad he was banned from eneting the tourney!

It's now time for the sake of Serbia Tennis Federation to get rid of that mobster.

And that scene you were pointing on, was not between father and son! It was between loud music that bothered Nole, and he asked his father to go and fix it. The trash stories are going around to throw a shed on the respectful Djokovic family. Go get the life, Serb hater.

Is this true, or is this racist spitting hate as usual?

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Kubok was reading Djokovic's first serve perfectly? And Djokivic's second serve, the best second serve in the world on all surfaces, Kubok was returning and making the winners almost all the time??? Something stinks there! Yet, he failed to pass qualification test before!?? lOl

l_mac
05-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Kubok was reading Djokovic's first serve perfectly? And Djokivic's second serve, the best second serve in the world on all surfaces, Kubok was returning and making the winners almost all the time??? Something stinks there! Yet, he failed to pass qualification test before!?? lOl

Have they invented a drug that makes you anticipate serve better? :worship:

Sunset of Age
05-10-2009, 05:44 PM
It's really not about some genuine patriotism and nationalism. These are just the best marketing tools here at the moment (still), so everyone aspiring for power and wealth uses them. Noble feelings are soiled oh so often by opportunists, the leitmotif here for the past 20 years. :sad:

I guess you indeed have a point. Sad situation indeed, and not helpful to Djoko either, only enlarging the pressure set on him!

tangerine_dream
05-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Finally the monkey is off the back of Novak.
Yes, this was a huge psychological win for him. Unfortuantely he'll be too whipped for Madrid but should be recovered in time for RG.

Congrats to Novak.

Leopold Stotch
05-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Serbia is a very old nation with a very long tradition. When the British do something like that it is pomp and tradition but when everyone else uses a handful of their armed forces in a minor ceremonial capacity apparently it's nationalism. You are being very silly. Get over yourself, we're in the 21st Century, you don't run the world anymore. Let other nations breathe a little. It was an inaugral event and the ceremony was just right for the occasion. They achieved their target of 100k+ visitors. The Novak win, by no means guaranteed as some malicious posters are suggesting, is only a bonus. I thought that they were quite clever in drafting and using the experience of the people from the Amersfoort tournament. Overall it looks like the tournament was a success, which is why certain posters like yourself are a clutching at straws in their attempt to discredit it, be it

"family feud" - cretinous

"nationalism - (!!?)" - they play the national anthem at many events

"politicians in the stand" - nothing unusual, eg. everytime you see the German NT play sure as day you'll see Merkel in the stands.

"poor field" - didn't stop 100k visiting the inaugral event. Next year will be stronger.

"flyover" - again nothing unusual for the day's biggest sporting event in the city. You see it all the time in other countries.

tnosugar
05-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I guess you indeed have a point. Sad situation indeed, and not helpful to Djoko either, only enlarging the pressure set on him!

It's not like we invented the practice. I am a Serb, I don't hate anyone and love my country :). This is precisely why I have the right to criticize. The sad thing is you can't stage something like this without getting in the dirt with politicians and shady business personas. Kind of like in an Emile Zola novel...

You have to live here to be aware of all this. Hopefully, the tournament will stabilize into something that does not resemble a circus.

Many things have been done well from the outset and with proper management, it could advance to an ATP 500 at some point.

Bascule
05-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Serbia is a very old nation with a very long tradition. When the British do something like that it is pomp and tradition but when everyone else uses a handful of their armed forces in a minor ceremonial capacity apparently it's nationalism. You are being very silly. Get over yourself, we're in the 21st Century, you don't run the world anymore. Let other nations breathe a little. It was an inaugral event and the ceremony was just right for the occasion. They achieved their target of 100k+ visitors. The Novak win, by no means guaranteed as some malicious posters are suggesting, is only a bonus. I thought that they were quite clever in drafting and using the experience of the people from the Amersfoort tournament. Overall it looks like the tournament was a success, which is why certain posters like yourself are a clutching at straws in their attempt to discredit it, be it

"politicians in the stand" - nothing unusual, eg. everytime you see the German NT play sure as day you'll see Merkel in the stands.

"poor field" - didn't stop 100k visiting the inaugral event. Next year will be stronger.

"flyover" - again nothing unusual for the day's biggest sporting event in the city. You see it all the time in other countries.

I absolutely agree with you this time, people are really silly, this was a beautiful ceremony, we actually love the manifestations with the plains (Aero-meeting in Belgrade) and we love the music of the guard orchestra, so, nothing unusual, I am sure all the guests had nice time, because we are well known as the good hosts. So, where is nationalism here or racism? There was no complainings by the players. We are a little country with lot of problems, that's why the sport events mean so much to all of us. And we are all very pride for getting this ATP tour and you are all invited to come and be our guests in the next years.

As far as Novak yelling to his father to leave, it's because Srdjan was in the hospital the night before yesterday because of the problems with the heart and high blood pressure.

And I believe this was the most important title Nole ever won. The guy was under the biggest pressure in his career.

And kudos to Kubot :yeah:, great guy, I wish him the best in the future.

Lee
05-10-2009, 06:45 PM

I absolutely agree with you this time, people are really silly, this was a beautiful ceremony, we actually love the manifestations with the plains (Aero-meeting in Belgrade) and we love the music of the guard orchestra, so, nothing unusual, I am sure all the guests had nice time, because we are well known as the good hosts. So, where is nationalism here or racism? There was no complainings by the players. We are a little country with lot of problems, that's why the sport events mean so much to all of us. And we are all very pride for getting this ATP tour and you are all invited to come and be our guests in the next years.

As far as Novak yelling to his father to leave, it's because Srdjan was in the hospital the night before yesterday because of the problems with the heart and high blood pressure.

And I believe this was the most important title Nole ever won. The guy was under the biggest pressure in his career.

I really don't want to get into an argument with other Novak's fans here.

IMO, pica_pica was only expressing her opinion and feeling. There was not any criticism or racism in her post.

Bascule
05-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I really don't want to get into an argument with other Novak's fans here.

IMO, pica_pica was only expressing her opinion and feeling. There was not any criticism or racism in her post.

It's not about pica-pica only, she is not the problem here in general, I just was little surprised with her post as with the post of Stupid Dream, cause I really respected those two posters. And I still do. :)

finishingmove
05-10-2009, 06:52 PM
incredible win for the #4

Bascule
05-10-2009, 06:56 PM
incredible win for the #4

He is still no.3....at least until tomorrow.;)

Manon
05-10-2009, 06:56 PM

(I thought I saw you yesterday but I was wrong). No, it's not a beautiful ceremony (reminded me of ancient slet, only Tito wasn't there), for me not at all. I don't think it was nacionalism but I don't like senseless way to long speaches with word 'djokovic family' in every other sentence.

As for Novak, you're right, as for yelling to dad too and the reason why he yelled (loud music my ass as this new one said). Kubot impressed me today.

Anyhow, well done Novak.

(I won't talk here about who/why/how coz it pisses me off).

Bascule
05-10-2009, 07:01 PM
(I thought I saw you yesterday but I was wrong). No, it's not a beautiful ceremony, for me not at all. I don't think it was nacionalism but I don't like senseless way to long speaches with word 'djokovic family' in every other sentence.

As for Novak, you're right, as for yelling to dad too and the reason why he yelled (loud music my ass as this new one said). Kubot impressed me today.

Anyhow, well done Novak.

All those long speaches 'kudos to Djokovic family' and others are borring stuffs, but what can you do...after all, they brought the tour here. But I was not speaking about those borring stuffs. I just think that some people here always see some nationalism whenever they see a serbian flag. And that's even more borring than any 'political' speach on any sport's event.

Lee
05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
It's not about pica-pica only, she is not the problem here in general, I just was little surprised with her post as with the post of Stupid Dream, cause I really respected those two posters. And I still do. :)

I think it's a 2-way street for posters from other nations to understand Serbians' feeling about their country and Serbian posters to understand how the others feel. And I will replace Serbian with any other nationalities.

Many comments were given during USO opening ceremonies with the flag, military and planes too.

I said in Nole's forum already but I will say this again here. For me, the show is a bit over the top but I understand.

Manon
05-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I think it's a 2-way street for posters from other nations to understand Serbians' feeling about their country and Serbian posters to understand how the others feel. And I will replace Serbian with any other nationalities.

Many comments were given during USO opening ceremonies with the flag, military and planes too.

I said in Nole's forum already but I will say this again here. For me, the show is a bit over the top but I understand.

:yeah:

Lee, the show is a bit over the top and I was there! Period. You're absolutely right. We're not talking about Serbia now, just about one single event.

Bilbo
05-10-2009, 07:10 PM

the US Open is another example. imo military and planes should be not allowed by the ATP. flags is another thing even i don't like to see them either.

your_valentine
05-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Łukasz :worship:
But Novak :hearts:

Bascule
05-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Lee, it's all in the spirit of the ceremony what could be made for a USA president for example, I guess. This is the biggest honor that the organizators wanted to show to everyone who took the part on this tour. And it will never be the same. This is the first time, it's something special.

Lee
05-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Anyway, congratulation to Kubot and Marach winning the doubles. :yeah:

Fired Up!
05-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Never in doubt :)

Well done Nole :sport:

Good run for the LL anyway. :hug:

Farenhajt
05-10-2009, 07:35 PM
It was good to be there. Praises to Kubot, he almost pulled a Stakhovsky. Anyway, showed some very, very decent tennis.

The next year is the year to come to Serbian Open, coz Novak, of course, is NOT defending the title :)

StZox
05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
I can't believe what I am actually reading here.

The world is far from being tolerant and open-minded despite what 'it' says.

Mr. Oracle
05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Great win Nole, another step towards the GOAT designation!

With regards to Pica Pica's comment, I immediately felt bad for her since it showed that she had a bone to pick. Usually people like this are jealous when they see that there is genuine patriotism and love of country around the world. I feel sorry for her.

Newsflash,
SPorting events where there are military displays: NCAA football matches, super bowl, US open, world series (and that's just in the US of A which is the benefactor of love, peace, freedom, and democracy!)

Billabong
05-10-2009, 08:17 PM
It was good to be there. Praises to Kubot, he almost pulled a Stakhovsky. Anyway, showed some very, very decent tennis.

The next year is the year to come to Serbian Open, coz Novak, of course, is NOT defending the title :)

Nole said he won't defend his title next year??

l_mac
05-10-2009, 08:20 PM

I think Farenhajt might have been alluding to the fact that Nole is yet to successfully defend a title.

finishingmove

goes without saying, if u know what i mean...

shawshank
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KeAvkO5H8-U/Sgc2ihmtf3I/AAAAAAAACb0/W6jGse8y6iY/s320/Prezentacja1.jpg

Billabong
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I think Farenhajt might have been alluding to the fact that Nole is yet to successfully defend a title.

aaaahhh I never noticed that, true:eek:

sawan66278
05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
:yeah:

Lee, the show is a bit over the top and I was there! Period. You're absolutely right. We're not talking about Serbia now, just about one single event.

What was so over the top? Missed it (no coverage here).

And yes, there was a tremendous amount of pressure on Djokovic. So, even with the weak draw, you have to give him full credit. Actually, given the weakness of the draw, he pretty much ended up having to play the toughest guys there (sorry, Karlovic is less of threat in my eyes than both of Novak's comrades).

While I don't think the ATP tour should have allowed a current player's family to run an existing tourney, from all accounts, it went well. You want to see a shambles of a tourney? Check out this year's Tennis Channel Open.

As far as the nationalism, I don't care for it here in the States either. It all began with 9-11, and now, there's always this almost obligatory sense that one HAS to have the military come out or there's a lack of patriotism. (This is why I loved the Beijing Olympics opening ceremonies: focusing on the rich culture of that nation).

Quick question: why Serbia Open rather than Serbian?

More important change the tourney MUST address next year: get a better winner's trophy. Preferably something unique to the culture of Serbia...and not just a plate.

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 08:36 PM
No, it's not a beautiful ceremony (reminded me of ancient slet, only Tito wasn't there), for me not at all.

This comment goes along with your previous posts against Nole/Serbs.

I don't think it was nacionalism but I don't like senseless way to long speaches with word 'djokovic family' in every other sentence.

self explanatory. Read the comment above.

this was very smart. So no one can oppose what you stated.

go and grow, kid.

Sunset of Age
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
It's not like we invented the practice. I am a Serb, I don't hate anyone and love my country :). This is precisely why I have the right to criticize. The sad thing is you can't stage something like this without getting in the dirt with politicians and shady business personas. Kind of like in an Emile Zola novel...

You have to live here to be aware of all this. Hopefully, the tournament will stabilize into something that does not resemble a circus.

Many things have been done well from the outset and with proper management, it could advance to an ATP 500 at some point.

My post, nor Pica Pica's, wasn't in any way meant to downgrade/critize/WhatEverVerbIShouldUse (just a disclaimer for the nitpickers :angel:) the situation/culture in Serbia. Speaking for myself, I just expressed my feelings about that celebration, and I guess so did she.

I can't speak for Pica Pica as we're from different backgrounds, I only tried to say that looking from my specific background the whole nationalistic way of celebrating seemed a little bit over the top. That is NOT meant as a derogating comment (let alone a racist one :rolleyes:) - I understand the situation and culture in Serbia is different from mine, especially if one takes into account recent history.

No insult or whatever meant to the people of Serbia. :)

shawshank
05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Novak Djokovic is the champion of Belgrade defeating Pole Lucacs Kubot in the final in straight sets 6:3, 7:6 (7:0). This is the Serbs 13th ATP career title.

“It is a great honor to be the first winner of SERBIA OPEN. This victory means the most to me in my whole career, as this was the first time I played in front of domestic audience. It was not easy, even though Kubot is ranked on a much lower position than I am. Now, I feel so much better, as I was under the great pressure the whole time, being the first favorite. All I would like to do tonight is to celebrate this victory with those closest to me“ Djokovic stated.

The champion received a cheque worth 75000 Euro and 250 ATP points while the runner-up received a cheque worth 39.700 Euro and 150 ATP points.
Pole who is currently ranked 179th on the ATP World Tour rankings has never reached a tournament final of this caliber. Kubot who made the main draw as a qualifier has also placed his name in history, by being the first Polish tennis player to have reached an ATP final in 27 years.
“I am more nervous now than when I was on court. I congratulate Novak and wish him all the best for the remainder of the season. The tournament has been fantastic and I believe that it will receive excellent appraisal. I will take many memorable moments with me from the week that has passed. I hope that I can regroup and concentrate on taking the doubles title. Thank you Serbia and I hope to see you again next year.”, Stated Kubot after his defeat.

Sunset of Age
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Anyway, congratulation to Kubot and Marach winning the doubles. :yeah:

Fully seconded. What a great tournament for Kubot, singles finalist and doubles winner!!! :D

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 08:48 PM
What was so over the top?
nothing. The kid (Manon) is overreacting.

As far as the nationalism, I don't care for it here in the States either.

Quick question: why Serbia Open rather than Serbian?

For the same reason why Australia Open and not Australian Open, America Open and not American Open. As simple as that. Serbia is the country and Serbian is the adjective.

More important change the tourney MUST address next year: get a better winner's trophy. Preferably something unique to the culture of Serbia...and not just a plate.

You hit the pin right at the head here! That trophy wasn't bad, but they should and can make better one. Well, the whole thing was in rush, and I don't blame them for any errors. The first ATP tour, and all done withing record time frame (2-3 months!?) is something that will erase any possible negatives.

Great achievement. Now Serbia Open has a full year to prepare. With all facilities built and ready.

Bascule
05-10-2009, 08:57 PM
nothing. The kid (Manon) is overreacting.

For the same reason why Australia Open and not Australian Open, America Open and not American Open. As simple as that. Serbia is the country and Serbian is the adjective.

You hit the pin right at the head here! That trophy wasn't bad, but they should and can make better one. Well, the whole thing was in rush, and I don't blame them for any errors. The first ATP tour, and all done withing record time frame (2-3 months!?) is something that will erase any possible negatives.

Great achievement. Now Serbia Open has a full year to prepare. With all facilities built and ready.

:haha:
Look, Manon could be your father, so show little respect to the guy.

tangerine_dream
05-10-2009, 08:58 PM
So here's the Serbian Open trophy....another plate. :lol:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3513/291b76da112ecce5932a98f.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=291b76da112ecce5932a98f.jpg)

Here's Novak's shirt 'Seriba I love you".

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/460/49d9511b8ec2dafc3be97bc.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=49d9511b8ec2dafc3be97bc.jpg)

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
As far as the nationalism, I don't care for it here in the States either.

There is nothing bad with the "nationalism". In fact it's quite positive and normal thing to be. It is glory and love for your own nation. Period.

However, it was Communist regime who blamed "nationalism" as something bad. This is because their own policy and system disliked the nationalism as the biggest threat for their tiranny. It was forbidden during the Communist regime to be a nationalist!!(?) If you were suspected nationalist, they threw you in jail, where you might never get out.

So, some people still live in that system (that is gone from Serbia 9 year ago, with Milosevic) and address that as something "over the top", or not good.

Fortunatelly those people are heavy minority since it takes some time to them to cool off after horrible Communist regime.

Voo de Mar
05-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Bascule, what's written on Nole's T-shirt?

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Look, Manon could be your father, so show little respect to the guy.

when I said "the kid was overreacting" i meant his mind was too green. True age doesn't matter. However, if you're right about his age, then too bad for him. Might be too late to fix anything. No hope there.

Bascule
05-10-2009, 09:10 PM

Serbia, I love you

zerocool_
05-10-2009, 09:11 PM

Srbijo, volim te.
Serbia, i love you. :)

finishingmove
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM
that trophy should have "runner up" engraved, for maximum effect...

Voo de Mar
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Thx guys. Serbian and Polish are similar, I understood a lot at the post-match ceremony :) But Serbian is tougher on the paper because of those cyrilic letters :o

Djokovic is very patriotic.

l_mac
05-10-2009, 09:15 PM

Next year the trophy is going to be a golden Novak bust (unconfirmed rumour, cannot recall source at this time)

Sunset of Age
05-10-2009, 09:16 PM
So here's the Serbian Open trophy....another plate. :lol:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3513/291b76da112ecce5932a98f.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=291b76da112ecce5932a98f.jpg)

Here's Novak's shirt 'Seriba I love you".

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/460/49d9511b8ec2dafc3be97bc.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=49d9511b8ec2dafc3be97bc.jpg)

Great pictures, thanks for posting. :)

Bascule
05-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Something like Oscar?:devil: Maybe.

But, maybe this plate is magic one, the flying plate made of krypton. :shrug:

Lourdes
05-10-2009, 09:22 PM
No surprise here that he'd be the winner.

Vida
05-10-2009, 09:50 PM
congrats nole :yeah:

cocrcici
05-10-2009, 10:23 PM
The trophy is like mirror,maybe symbol for...

Manon
05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Thx guys. Serbian and Polish are similar, I understood a lot at the post-match ceremony :) But Serbian is tougher on the paper because of those cyrilic letters :o

Djokovic is very patriotic.

Kubot impressed me so much. I had a chance (and grabbed it) to exchange a few words with him yesterday. Playing so well 10 days, one title and one final (big kudos to this achievement) is amazing but offcourt he was so nice. All fans, spectators...will tell > Kubot and Ljubicic :hatoff:
Plus I didn't fool him, didn't use any legitimation, I was just another fan. Great, really great guy.

As for language if you watched ceremony he understood Novak's words but we could guess it, did we?

P.S. I don't use cyrilic:) so I have no problems.

Satelitte dish (ili konkavni polumesec), awful.

This comment goes along with your previous posts against Nole/Serbs.

Well known Novak hater me! Remember that. Who brought you here, it became bit quiet(er).

Voo de Mar
05-10-2009, 10:41 PM
As for language if you watched ceremony he understood Novak's words but we could guess it, did we?

Yes, it wasy easy to understand, Nole asked him "Dou you understand?", and Kubot replied "More or less" or something like that :D

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Congrats Kubot for making the final of the Belgrade challenger, sponsored by Ronald McDonald.

Corey Feldman
05-10-2009, 10:54 PM
what's written on Nole's T-shirt?
Novak, i love you

l_mac
05-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Novak, i love you

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Congrats Kubot for making the final of the Belgrade challenger, sponsored by Ronald McDonald.

every tournament has its haters. So, don't worry you fit.

Manon
05-10-2009, 10:59 PM
(stmh who knows what)

Just go. Don't look back, just go.

finishingmove
05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Novak, i love you

:worship:

this is so good i'm gonna use it out of context in my sig.

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Just go. Don't look back, just go.

-?-
seems like you have tiny nerves, man.

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2009, 11:03 PM
every tournament has its haters. So, don't worry you fit.

Why hater?

I'm just saying what everybody knows.

A tournament with the likes of Daniel, Vliegen and Kubot making QF, QF and F respectively is a challenger.

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Why hater?

I'm just saying what everybody knows.

A tournament with the likes of Daniel, Vliegen and Kubot making QF, QF and F respectively is a challenger.

lol...and when #3 makes final it's still a challenger, eh? lol

...only haters can forgot crucial things: all those injured players...

and if everybody knows it, why are YOU stressing it out? Coz somebody has to, eh? Well, now I reached my point from the reply above. You fit, man.
cheers.

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2009, 11:13 PM
lol...and when #3 makes final it's still a challenger, eh? lol

...only haters can forgot crucial things: all those injured players...

and if everybody knows it, why are YOU stressing it out? Coz somebody has to, eh? Well, now I reached my point from the reply above. You fit, man.
cheers.

#4 and mug.

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 11:18 PM
#4 and mug.

lol, man! Now you spoke yourself.
You must be A friend of Pashanski.

Bascule
05-10-2009, 11:29 PM
:worship:

this is so good i'm gonna use it out of context in my sig.

:lol: Arsen, you got the best sig on MTF. I guess Micky would rather eat his own fingers now.:)

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
lol, man! Now you spoke yourself.
You must be A friend of Pashanski.

No, I'm not a friend of racist Pashanski.

Was he there at the Cirque du Fakervic invitational?

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 11:36 PM

why not?
Coz he is lil baby compare to you!:devil:

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2009, 11:38 PM
why not?
Coz he is lil baby compare to you!:devil:

Again, was he at the Cirque du Fakervic as a clown?

l_mac
05-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Again, was he at the Cirque du Fakervic as a clown?

Ye, he was. Lost to Cipolla in qualies.

«Ivan»
05-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Novak, i love you

'n i love you.3some:D

but this stud w78dexon_y took my heart.what a beast:inlove::kiss:

GlennMirnyi
05-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Ye, he was. Lost to Cipolla in qualies.

Wow, there was even a quali at the Cirque du Fakervic.

Bascule
05-11-2009, 12:10 AM

Was he there at the Cirque du Fakervic invitational?

Oh, you're calling someone else a racist? After all this precious handwork of yous here and so many months spent in the underworld for winning this prestige title?:awww: I almost forget it.:confused:

As far as the Fakers, you need some updating too.;)

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Congratulations Nole! :)

Updated report: http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/05/10/french-tennis-star-tested-positive-for-cocaine-report/

Farenhajt
05-11-2009, 12:48 AM
I don't like the trophy:(, but I like his shirt.:)

The trophy does leave a lot to be desired.

But knowing Srđan, for the next year he'll prepare a life-size full-detail cast of Federer's head to go with the silver platter :)

Or will it be Nadal's?...

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 01:16 AM
but this stud w78dexon_y took my heart.what a beast:

thanx man. You just proved what I suspected before: you have beast in your heart!

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Oh, you're calling someone else a racist? After all this precious handwork of yous here and so many months spent in the underworld for winning this prestige title?:awww: I almost forget it.:confused:

As far as the Fakers, you need some updating too.;)

He is a racist. Everybody knows what he said about Julio Silva.

Fakervic = ultimate faker.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 01:43 AM
He is a racist. Everybody knows what he said about Julio Silva.

Fakervic = ultimate faker.

sorry for jumping in, I didn't mean to disturb, but according to your posts seems like you have something personal against Djokovic. Is this a truth? (Does he owes you some money, took your g/f, beat you on some important tourney, or showed you his fist?). Sorry again, i didn't mean to disturb. thx

sanshisan
05-11-2009, 01:52 AM
sorry for jumping in, I didn't mean to disturb, but according to your posts seems like you have something personal against Djokovic. Is this a truth? (Does he owes you some money, took your g/f, beat you on some important tourney, or showed you his fist?). Sorry again, i didn't mean to disturb. thx

GlennMyrni is acting as an Agent of Influence - what else? He works very hard at his job too. It's alot of work, bashing Novak AND his family on every single thread and at every single opportunity. Gotta admire such dedication to duty. :devil:

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 01:57 AM
GlennMyrni is acting as an Agent of Influence - what else? He works very hard at his job too. It's alot of work, bashing Novak AND his family on every single thread and at every single opportunity. Gotta admire such dedication to duty. :devil:

right. Besides, he hates Pashanski, too. I wonder is there any other Serb that he hates?
Or is there any other Serb that he likes? (Ana doesn't count).

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 01:58 AM

Nah, if he had done that, I'd have already beaten the hell out of him. :)

I just can't take him and his family of nobodies meddling with tennis and helping to kill its already weak credibility as a sport.

I'm a Iluminati.

Aloimeh
05-11-2009, 01:58 AM
right. Besides, he hates Pashanski, too. I wonder is there any other Serb that he hates?

Umm, he hates Ana too, just so you know.

sanshisan
05-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Over all I thought the Serbia Open organizers did an amazing job putting that whole thing together in a few months. Beautiful locale down by the Danube river. Tent city. Great turnout. The audience was enraptured. The main thing was to make it happen for the first time. It will grow.

Why shouldn't the Djokovic family be involved in helping tennis grow in Serbia? Clearly they were the ones with the will, the influence and the money to make it happen. No one else was gonna do it.

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 01:59 AM

Pashanski is a racist. He'd be a racist just the same whether Serb or not.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Pashanski is a racist. He'd be a racist just the same whether Serb or not.

mind you asking, what's your nationality?

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Umm, he hates Ana too, just so you know.

r u sure about it? Why?

xargon

Yes, I agree the plate was tooooo plain. I suggest a Tesla orb.

GlennMirnyi
mind you asking, what's your nationality?

Brazilian. Why?

sanshisan
[QUOTE]Nah, if he had done that, I'd have already beaten the hell out of him. :)

Uhuh. Isn't it great being a laptop jockey?

I just can't take him and his family of nobodies meddling with tennis and helping to kill its already weak credibility as a sport.

You don't know anything about SPORT. You are the farthest thing from a sportsman.

I'm a Iluminati.

Nah you're just an ignoramus who does what he's told.

Aloimeh
r u sure about it? Why?

He hates the WTA, he says she is fat, and that she is not that good looking.

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 02:07 AM
You don't know anything about SPORT. You are the farthest thing from a sportsman.

Oh, I do.

A lot more than you.

Have you ever even held a racket?

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 02:08 AM

So true.

Aloimeh
05-11-2009, 02:10 AM
So true.

Does it hurt that Brazil's Adriana Lima is married to a Serb?

Or is she fat and ugly, too?

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Does it hurt that Brazil's Adriana Lima is married to a Serb?

Or is she fat and ugly, too?

Couldn't care less about her.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 02:13 AM
Brazilian. Why?

seems like you're watching Serbs very closely. Serbia and Brasil are too far apart. Ever been to Serbia before?
Is there any other players that is racist?

sanshisan
Oh, I do.

A lot more than you.

Have you ever even held a racket?

I play tennis every chance I get. I played today in fact. But that's not the point. I'm talking about SPORTSMANSHIP. Which you clearly know nothing about.

Aloimeh
Couldn't care less about her.

Sidetrack: do Brazilians generally consider their models the cream-of-the-crop or have they been selectively skewed to fit the Vogue/Victoria's Secret/etc. ideal?

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 02:14 AM

LOL...thanks, man. That made me LMAO!! ahahaha...

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 02:16 AM
I play tennis every chance I get. I played today in fact. But that's not the point. I'm talking about SPORTSMANSHIP. Which you clearly know nothing about.

Nintendo Wii doesn't count.

Anyone knows more about sportsmanship than Faker and his fans/accomplices.

Sidetrack: do Brazilians generally consider their models the cream-of-the-crop or have they been selectively skewed to fit the Vogue/Victoria's Secret/etc. ideal?

How should I know?

xargon
05-11-2009, 02:26 AM
For people who read serbian regarding Srdjan, I found this. I don't read it myself. http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=64874&sectionId=44&seriesId=190

xargon
05-11-2009, 02:30 AM
Brazilian. Why?

Brazilian is your nationality. Are you Italian or Portugese etnicity?

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Such a great achievement for Serbia! Our country still doesn't have an ATP level tournament.. *sigh*

Updated report: http://www.tennisguru.net/2009/05/10/french-tennis-star-tested-positive-for-cocaine-report/

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 02:48 AM

Both.

What's next?

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 03:26 AM
Such a great achievement for Serbia! Our country still doesn't have an ATP level tournament.. *sigh*

what country? TennisLandia?

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Serbia doesn't have an ATP level tournament either. :shrug:

Mimi
05-11-2009, 03:30 AM
conogratulations :angel:

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Such a great achievement for Serbia!

Definitelly it's a great achievment. Everything was done within amazingly short time frame! They built 8000 seats large arena! Apparently they put big money and lot of hard work. Good for them.

And yet, they are hoping to upgrade to the ATP 500 soon!!

FlameOn
05-11-2009, 04:18 AM
Excellent Nole. :woohoo:

:hug: Kubot. Congrats on winning doubles. :yeah:

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 05:03 AM
Definitelly it's a great achievment. Everything was done within amazingly short time frame! They built 8000 seats large arena! Apparently they put big money and lot of hard work. Good for them.

And yet, they are hoping to upgrade to the ATP 500 soon!!

Are there 500-points worth challengers, now?

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 05:21 AM

man, you're sick. I will ask Serbs to prey for your soul. There is no way you're Brasilian. You must be a member of the one of those friendly Neighbours of the Serbs they fought in the civil war in Balkan last decade.

Free advice for you: stop hating. The hatred is gonna eat you all. It already did a huge damage to you. However there's always something to be saved.

Peace with you.

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 05:27 AM
what country? TennisLandia?

:devil: check out my flag ;)

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 05:35 AM
:devil: check out my flag ;)

philippines?

Budic
05-11-2009, 06:28 AM
@GlennMirnyi - take a break please, you're telling bullshit.

"For a set and a half, he made less unforced errors than Nadal??? Never seen that before in tennis history!?"

Because he's Polish. Polish people can do it ;) I'm urge to see next Kubot tournament, if he can continue this rally.

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 06:59 AM
philippines?

Yes! ;) :worship:

schorsch
05-11-2009, 07:18 AM
GlennMirnyi... yeah I am sure you would run a tournament much better than the Djokovic family since you have got so much more experience concerning the tennis circuit especially behind the curtains than them and have got so many more connections to sponsors and big tennis figures.

All the top players would wait in line to play your tournament just to be called mugs and fined at least 1000 times a day, getting disqualified and suspended for reasons such as being worried about their health, playing a rally exceeding 3 shots or dumping a volley into the net. Now that would be nice. Of course if they don't go to the net at all they get tested for drugs at least 100 times a day, because they must have had prepared for playing longer rallies by having taken them and they also have to see the psychiatrist.

Also it wouldn't matter how many people came to watch since they wouldn't know anything about tennis anyways, so there would be no point. But generous as you are you'd hold tennis lessons one day before the tournament to teach them everything they have to know and if they pass the following test they are allowed to watch and if they don't they are banned for life and have to watch tabletennis instead.

The big offcourt activity would be a booth that collects complaints and accusations concerning the players, so that the players wouldn't go home empty-handed as they would hardly earn anything and on top of that have to pay fines. The ATP will be happy to collect so much money from your fines and give you one bonus after another, so finances are covered.

Of course this all doesn't apply to Stepanek who only makes shit moves here and there, so it doesn't count. He also will receive a lifetime WC. If he calls the trainer, dumps a volley into the net or plays a rally exceeding 3 shots you will give him the benefit of the doubt. This of course has nothing to do with preference of style nor fanboyism or anything else one could accuse an MTF poster of, it's just a general tennis truth written by the tennis gods and passed down by generations of their followers, because somebody has got to keep traditions alive without wanting anything selfish in return.

shawshank
05-11-2009, 07:25 AM

I thought Glenn that you would love this level of tournament. These are the only tournaments where guys like Petzschner, Mirnyi, Muller or pathetic Guccione can win one match. Or maybe they are not playing ATP level any more? I can barely find their names in draws. So are they playing only challengers? Or maybe futures?

Venle
05-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Yay Novak :)

Greatness
05-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Well done Novak. :)

Bascule
05-11-2009, 09:46 AM
GlennMirnyi... yeah I am sure you would run a tournament much better than the Djokovic family since you have got so much more experience concerning the tennis circuit especially behind the curtains than them and have got so many more connections to sponsors and big tennis figures.

All the top players would wait in line to play your tournament just to be called mugs and fined at least 1000 times a day, getting disqualified and suspended for reasons such as being worried about their health, playing a rally exceeding 3 shots or dumping a volley into the net. Now that would be nice. Of course if they don't go to the net at all they get tested for drugs at least 100 times a day, because they must have had prepared for playing longer rallies by having taken them and they also have to see the psychiatrist.

Also it wouldn't matter how many people came to watch since they wouldn't know anything about tennis anyways, so there would be no point. But generous as you are you'd hold tennis lessons one day before the tournament to teach them everything they have to know and if they pass the following test they are allowed to watch and if they don't they are banned for life and have to watch tabletennis instead.

The big offcourt activity would be a booth that collects complaints and accusations concerning the players, so that the players wouldn't go home empty-handed as they would hardly earn anything and on top of that have to pay fines. The ATP will be happy to collect so much money from your fines and give you one bonus after another, so finances are covered.

Of course this all doesn't apply to Stepanek who only makes shit moves here and there, so it doesn't count. He also will receive a lifetime WC. If he calls the trainer, dumps a volley into the net or plays a rally exceeding 3 shots you will give him the benefit of the doubt. This of course has nothing to do with preference of style nor fanboyism or anything else one could accuse an MTF poster of, it's just a general tennis truth written by the tennis gods and passed down by generations of their followers, because somebody has got to keep traditions alive without wanting anything selfish in return.

:lol:

HeretiC
05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Congratualtions Nole!
And it always will.

Mods/supermods should look up for a single decent post of yours and when they don't find it, they should give you an award. It is some kind of an achievement, isn't it? :shrug:

Jōris
05-11-2009, 10:01 AM

sanshisan
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
GlennMirnyi...

Add to that when Stepanek RETIRES like he did against Djokovic in Rome 2008 - he will never ever be called a FAKER. No all Stepaneks retirements and calls for the trainer will be conveniently dumped down the Memory Hole as if they never happened. Furthermore, Stepanek who has to be one of the most unattractive guys on tour, will always be referred to as `Sexy Fish Lips'. Yes Stepanek will always be held up as MTFs paragon of athletic virtue and sexiness.

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 12:14 PM
man, you're sick. I will ask Serbs to prey for your soul. There is no way you're Brasilian. You must be a member of the one of those friendly Neighbours of the Serbs they fought in the civil war in Balkan last decade.

Free advice for you: stop hating. The hatred is gonna eat you all. It already did a huge damage to you. However there's always something to be saved.

Peace with you.

I guess paranoia is the only thing that unites all Fakertards.

I knew one of those cronic Fakervic masturbators would come here and cry his/her heart out like an innocent victim.

The Fakervic family should keep their business to restaurants (which I'd never frequent anyway) and not meddle in tennis, because they surely have no idea about what it is.

That tournament was a circus, full of clowns and without any credibility. There are many challengers better than that tournament every year.

Your attempt at mocking me just comes out as what it is, the whining of a hurt girl who felt someone was over-criticizing her idol. :sad:

As much as Stepanek may have done, he's still miles ahead of Fakervic where sportsmanship is concerned. You shouldn't even go there, defending mr. "I retire of every single match I'm losing".

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I thought Glenn that you would love this level of tournament. These are the only tournaments where guys like Petzschner, Mirnyi, Muller or pathetic Guccione can win one match. Or maybe they are not playing ATP level any more? I can barely find their names in draws. So are they playing only challengers? Or maybe futures?

Why there's always a simpleton like you who thinks talking shit about the players who happen to have a game I like is going to piss me off?

All I can say is that it's very funny when a major gloryhunter and knows-nothing like you tries to talk about tennis.

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Add to that when Stepanek RETIRES like he did against Djokovic in Rome 2008 - he will never ever be called a FAKER. No all Stepaneks retirements and calls for the trainer will be conveniently dumped down the Memory Hole as if they never happened. Furthermore, Stepanek who has to be one of the most unattractive guys on tour, will always be referred to as `Sexy Fish Lips'. Yes Stepanek will always be held up as MTFs paragon of athletic virtue and sexiness.

Call me when Steps loses a GS match because he can't stand the heat.

Poor lady Fakervic can't play under the sun... :sad:

Talking about Stepanek's physical appearance won't make your argument any better. Actually, quite the contrary. The more you mention that, the more you come out as a major fangirl who has no idea about tennis (something that should be quite clear to anyone by now).

TennisViewer531
05-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Hope Nole will donate some of the winnings to charity.. It is his tournament after all...

batavlada
05-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Hahaha, what a thread. That guy from Porto Alegre know how to fish. He throw hook very well.

sanshisan
05-11-2009, 12:55 PM

Why there's always a simpleton like you who thinks talking shit about the players who happen to have a game I like is going to piss me off?

All I can say is that it's very funny when a major gloryhunter and knows-nothing like you tries to talk about tennis.

Yeah I keep forgetting Myrni Girl went how high in the ATP rankings? Talk about a `Glory Hunter' constantly pounding his man breasts - `I can smear anyone, insult any player AND their family because I am a (crude)expert at nothing but Ad Hominem attacks, so there!'

Meanwhile you keep trumpeting ideals of `sportsmanship'. You're not fooling anyone but yourself. :wavey:

«Ivan»
05-11-2009, 12:57 PM

afro-american.

pashanski is a racist,what's hew about him.every decent serb shoud be ashamed of him(most of them do,tennis players too).what he did is unforgivable.

my new stud-where do you live,who are you,name of mom and dad,size?

GlennMirnyi
05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah I keep forgetting Myrni Girl went how high in the ATP rankings? Talk about a `Glory Hunter' constantly pounding his man breasts - `I can smear anyone, insult any player AND their family because I am a (crude)expert at nothing but Ad Hominem attacks, so there!'

Meanwhile you keep trumpeting ideals of `sportsmanship'. You're not fooling anyone but yourself. :wavey:

Mirnyi was jeopardized by the slowing of surfaces.

afro-american.

pashanski is a racist,what's hew about him.every decent serb shoud be ashamed of him(most of them do,tennis players too).what he did is unforgivable.

my new stud-where do you live,who are you,name of mom and dad,size?

Afro-American = black. I'm not black...

schorsch
05-11-2009, 04:10 PM

I knew one of those cronic Fakervic masturbators would come here and cry his/her heart out like an innocent victim.

The Fakervic family should keep their business to restaurants (which I'd never frequent anyway) and not meddle in tennis, because they surely have no idea about what it is.

That tournament was a circus, full of clowns and without any credibility. There are many challengers better than that tournament every year.

Your attempt at mocking me just comes out as what it is, the whining of a hurt girl who felt someone was over-criticizing her idol. :sad:

As much as Stepanek may have done, he's still miles ahead of Fakervic where sportsmanship is concerned. You shouldn't even go there, defending mr. "I retire of every single match I'm losing".

First of all I'm a guy, I think my nickname makes that pretty clear. Schorsch as in George :wavey:
And yes, you are over-criticizing and not in a way that hurts me or anything. Funny that my post is merely an "attempt" at mocking you, yet you think your posts are so powerful that they give every Nole fan a nervous breakdown, but since you do a great job at making a fool out of yourself they can't have that effect on me, because the credibility you are talking about is non-existent. I just wanted to join in the fun, since you seem to enjoy being mocked.

And then I do like Stepanek and mind you so does Nole. They get along well, have played doubles together and it doesn't seem to me that there's any hard feelings between the two of them. Or that Steps might think badly of him. I like watching Stepanek play even if some of his antics are crazy, so it was a pity he wasn't in the best shape the past few weeks :shrug:
He was one of the first guys who wanted to play Belgrade and was on the list as one of the bigger names for months, but because of injuries (he ret. for the same injuries in Madrid) he had to pull out from the tournament out of precaution. And btw. you know that the "he did some wrong things, but not nearly as bad things as the other guy" is a lame argument. Either you judge everyone the same or you just leave it be. You never let anything go or seem to be able to forgive or forget, we'd get nowhere with such a mindset especially in tennis where things change so fast.

The first year on the tour in the same week where there are two established tournaments that are 250 events as well is of course a challenge. There are a lot of things you have to figure out and try to learn about through experience. But if the players liked the tournament they will spread the word and next year it will be much better and Nole and his family will try to improve this tournament as well as they can.

I'm not saying that there's nothing wrong with the tournament. For example when it started to rain they didn't have any plastic covers, but no project is perfect from the start, you have to continuously work at it and try to improve it to the best of your abilities. So far nothing major went wrong with it. Every tournament started like this, you don't seem to appreciate the effort everyone else put in to hold the tournaments the way they are held today.

:wavey:

rocketassist
05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Call me when Steps loses a GS match because he can't stand the heat.

Poor lady Fakervic can't play under the sun... :sad:

Talking about Stepanek's physical appearance won't make your argument any better. Actually, quite the contrary. The more you mention that, the more you come out as a major fangirl who has no idea about tennis (something that should be quite clear to anyone by now).

Steps' 5 set win over Verdasco in Wimbledon 2006- scorching conditions, Verdasco getting heat stroke, Steps? Handled the sun like a man and won like a man.

Bascule
05-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Steps' 5 set win over Verdasco in Wimbledon 2006- scorching conditions, Verdasco getting heat stroke, Steps? Handled the sun like a man and won like a man.

What took you for so long?:sad: Novak's thread is not enjoyable without you, Gu, l_mac and sawan together....all for one, one for all.

rocketassist
05-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Tennis isn't that important to me, lady. I'm not that obsessed.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Mods/supermods should look up for a single decent post of yours and when they don't find it, they should give you an award. It is some kind of an achievement, isn't it? :shrug:

it is..lol.
So, when can I receive my award?

Albop
05-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Awesome win by the #4.

w78dexon_y
05-11-2009, 06:13 PM

your mummy told me that I do it better than any other school mate of yours. :-)

I am happy about her, too. Would you, please send her my best regards?
Thx. Nice of you.

HeretiC
05-11-2009, 06:29 PM
it is..lol.
So, when can I receive my award?

How should I know? If it was up to me I would have awarded you after the first dozen of posts. But now after 171 posts there is a rumor around that the people from Guinness are all over it. You are going to be famous. :clap2:

Har-Tru
05-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Djokovic live on spanish tv right now. Instant classic. He goes "I know only some sentences in spanish, like "you're beautiful" and "let's go on a trip"". :lol:

Lee
05-11-2009, 08:03 PM
This thread is a classic.

:drink: :singer:

l_mac
05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Djokovic live on spanish tv right now. Instant classic. He goes "I know only some sentences in spanish, like "you're beautiful" and "let's go on a trip"". :lol:

Raquel
05-11-2009, 09:30 PM

:o Too much....

w78dexon_y
05-12-2009, 05:39 AM
I've heard unofficially now they summarise it all (organisation) and got the best marks from ATP authorities, which clearly indicate that the Serbia Open tournamnet satisfies all conditions to upgrade to ATP 500. Now they're trying to raise the funds for players rewards, and had they succeeded it would be ATP 500 as of next season!!

Farenhajt
05-12-2009, 06:58 AM
I've heard unofficially now they summarise it all (organisation) and got the best marks from ATP authorities, which clearly indicate that the Serbia Open tournamnet satisfies all conditions to upgrade to ATP 500. Now they're trying to raise the funds for players rewards, and had they succeeded it would be ATP 500 as of next season!!

Extra pressure on Novak, to bring dough to Srđan on a regular basis... "C'mon, boy, win a tourney, I have players to pay!"

Radalek
05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Extra pressure on Novak, to bring dough to Srđan on a regular basis... "C'mon, boy, win a tourney, I have players to pay!"

Well, they organized ATP 175 instead of 250 knowing Novak will win it...

TennisViewer531
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
I see no reason why this tournament won't become an ATP 500 tourney next season...

pica_pica
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM

:hug: Leopold Stotch
Maybe we view things a little differently but no offense to anything Serbian here. How can I be when my favorite players are Novak and JJ??
IMO the ceremony is just a little over the top but still understandable and I'm glad Serbia can organize an international event. And I don't just say these things about Serbia. I also criticize other countries like USA and even my own country if things are too much.

Thank you. :) It's nice to see different peoples having different opinions here. It's how we learn about one another in the world.

Agree.

pica_pica
05-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm away from here for 2 days as my internet connection was down and I'm surprised that there are so much discussion on my post :eek:

My post, nor Pica Pica's, wasn't in any way meant to downgrade/critize/WhatEverVerbIShouldUse (just a disclaimer for the nitpickers :angel:) the situation/culture in Serbia. Speaking for myself, I just expressed my feelings about that celebration, and I guess so did she.

Indeed.

I can't speak for Pica Pica as we're from different backgrounds, I only tried to say that looking from my specific background the whole nationalistic way of celebrating seemed a little bit over the top. That is NOT meant as a derogating comment (let alone a racist one :rolleyes:) - I understand the situation and culture in Serbia is different from mine, especially if one takes into account recent history.

No insult or whatever meant to the people of Serbia. :)

I'm thinking in the same way. Anyway, I want to thank all people who agree or disagree with my post on page 2. It helps me understand how people from different parts of the world think. I will just clarify again that I have no offense towards any country and in fact I always love to see every people in the world celebrating their own proud history and culture. My post is directed towards the way of expression in this particular ceremony only.

Novak Djokovic is the champion of Belgrade defeating Pole Lucacs Kubot in the final in straight sets 6:3, 7:6 (7:0). This is the Serbs 13th ATP career title.

“It is a great honor to be the first winner of SERBIA OPEN. This victory means the most to me in my whole career, as this was the first time I played in front of domestic audience. It was not easy, even though Kubot is ranked on a much lower position than I am. Now, I feel so much better, as I was under the great pressure the whole time, being the first favorite. All I would like to do tonight is to celebrate this victory with those closest to me“ Djokovic stated.

The champion received a cheque worth 75000 Euro and 250 ATP points while the runner-up received a cheque worth 39.700 Euro and 150 ATP points.
Pole who is currently ranked 179th on the ATP World Tour rankings has never reached a tournament final of this caliber. Kubot who made the main draw as a qualifier has also placed his name in history, by being the first Polish tennis player to have reached an ATP final in 27 years.
“I am more nervous now than when I was on court. I congratulate Novak and wish him all the best for the remainder of the season. The tournament has been fantastic and I believe that it will receive excellent appraisal. I will take many memorable moments with me from the week that has passed. I hope that I can regroup and concentrate on taking the doubles title. Thank you Serbia and I hope to see you again next year.”, Stated Kubot after his defeat.

Nice comment by Kubot. :yeah:

Har-Tru
05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I see no reason why this tournament won't become an ATP 500 tourney next season...

:rolleyes:

pica_pica
05-12-2009, 03:59 PM

:haha: Any video?

This thread is a classic.

:drink: :singer:

Indeed...I'm reading back from page 2 to here and I'm :eek:

Still I'm thankful for all the divided opinion on my post :angel:

bobbynorwich
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM

Looks like there is a trade-off then between marketing to Serbians and marketing to the international tennis community. The more the tourney appeals to national feeling for turnout/sponsorships, the less appealing and credible it is for international players and fans. In the tourneys I saw on live streaming, the non-Serbian players got almost no applause for great shots, while getting cheers for their errors.

Same thing with the over-identification of Djokovic in marketing it. After seeing the umbrellas, water bottles, graphics, website, and press releases all about Nole, I half wondered if most of the linespersons might just be his cousins. The stands were virtually empty for matches without Novak, even those with players from any Balkan nation. If they want to fill those stands and concessions, Papa and Uncle need to promote buzz and fan bases for Novak's competitors as well. Imo, pigs will fly first.

dragon.serbia
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM
:haha: Any video?

Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQo80KyTf0o

w78dexon_y
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
In the tourneys I saw on live streaming, the non-Serbian players got almost no applause for great shots, while getting cheers for their errors.

yeahhh..,. now the crowd is not according to your standards! Should they welcome opponents more than home players?? lol
Is that how they cheer in your country?

After seeing the umbrellas, water bottles, graphics, website, and press releases all about Nole, I half wondered if most of the linespersons might just be his cousins.

there's nothing wrong with that. If Nole sponsored it, then it's common sense that the sponsor name is gonna be all over. You'r "logic" makes no sense.

Whose names should they put it on?? Yours?? LMAO!

What a jelaous people?! That just proves that the tourney was great organised. Congratulations again! Hopefully next season it's gonna be ATP 500.

RickDaStick
05-12-2009, 05:45 PM

You are crazy... this tournament has ATP 1000 written all over it

finishingmove
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
You are crazy... this tournament has ATP 1000 written all over it

5th grand slam

asmazif
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
just make it the uber 10000 tournament and whoever wins it is set at no. 1 for 10 years for no reason.

Fumus
05-12-2009, 06:06 PM
My first grand slam goes to the beach.

Har-Tru
05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
What a jelaous people?! That just proves that the tourney was great organised.

My Sunday afternoon sessions at my club are better organised than that.

RickDaStick
05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
yeahhh..,. now the crowd is not according to your standards! Should they welcome opponents more than home players?? lol
Is that how they cheer in your country?

there's nothing wrong with that. If Nole sponsored it, then it's common sense that the sponsor name is gonna be all over. You'r "logic" makes no sense.

Whose names should they put it on?? Yours?? LMAO!

What a jelaous people?! That just proves that the tourney was great organised. Congratulations again! Hopefully next season it's gonna be ATP 500.

Welcome to the forum Srjdan:wavey: We look forward to many more gems you are sure to provide us

w78dexon_y
05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Srjdan:wavey: We look forward to many more gems you are sure to provide us :devil:

LOL...it's your right to be jelaous. However, it's to your disadvantage. thik bout it.

I am sure Serbia Open doesn't give a damn about what you think. However, you're welcome to come next year to Belgrade and watch SO ATP 500.
cheers! :)

xargon
05-12-2009, 08:33 PM
The stands were virtually empty for matches without Novak, even those with players from any Balkan nation.

They were empty for sure. The Madrid stands are empty also. For shame, tennis enthusiasts should be supporting their tournaments.

Sunset of Age
05-12-2009, 08:42 PM
They were empty for sure. The Madrid stands are empty also. For shame, tennis enthusiasts should be supporting their tournaments.

That's what I noticed too. :mad:
Credit crisis?

Matt01
05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Nice to see that this thread is still alive.

Nole :bowdown:

StanisKing
05-12-2009, 10:01 PM
This is insane.
250 Grand Prix (with a list as good as challenger) has 14 pages for the final match.
Some things at MTF are..............

Hard to explain

Voo de Mar
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
This is insane.
250 Grand Prix (with a list as good as challenger) has 14 pages for the final match.

Hard to explain

Yeah it's amazing given how weak is Djokovic's final opponent :D

Bascule
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by bobbynorwich View Post
The stands were virtually empty for matches without Novak, even those with players from any Balkan nation.

For an average month salary in Serbia you can buy about 10 tickets for one of those matches, people hard put together one end with another. The standard in Spain is much better, anyway.
Would you work two or three days for 8 hours at least, to earn for a ticket for a match of the first round to watch the players you don't know much about?

l_mac
05-12-2009, 10:47 PM
For an average month salary in Serbia you can buy about 10 tickets for one of those matches, people hard put together one end with another. The standard in Spain is much better, anyway.
Would you work two or three days for 8 hours at least, to earn for a ticket for a match of the first round to watch the players you don't know much about?

Good to know that the Djoko clan is making tennis available to the masses. There are probably children going to bed with empty stomachs, thanks to their greed :tears:

cocrcici
05-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Good to know that the Djoko clan is making tennis available to the masses. There are probably children going to bed with empty stomach, thanks to their greed :tears:

w78dexon_y
05-12-2009, 11:22 PM

This thread is still alive thanks to the haters! They still cannot except it as the truth that SO was arganised so well.

w78dexon_y
05-12-2009, 11:26 PM
My Sunday afternoon sessions at my club are better organised than that.

lol...thanks for that piece of info, bud. Now you just convinced everyone that you discredited yourself for any of your posts on this thread.

Har-Tru
05-12-2009, 11:28 PM
lol...thanks for that piece of info, bud. Now you just convinced everyone that you discredited yourself for any of your posts on this thread.

On this thread only? Damn it...

bobbynorwich
05-12-2009, 11:58 PM
This is insane.

250 Grand Prix has 14 pages for the final match.

Hard to explain

Nah, it's always big news when the #3 player wins his family's tournament to a #137 Lucky Loser in straight sets, with his cousins as linesmen.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_no.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Manon
05-13-2009, 12:02 AM
...with his cousins as linesmen.

Dutch linesmen mostly.

Bascule
05-13-2009, 12:17 AM
This is insane.

Hard to explain

Believe me, this thread had more pages yesterday, before the mods decided to delete all posts connected to Bilbo and others.:devil:

bobbynorwich
05-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Dutch linesmen mostly.

He has cousins in The Netherlands too? Who knew. :devil:

Manon
05-13-2009, 12:28 AM
He has cousins in The Netherlands too? Who knew. :devil:

http://i44.tinypic.com/bjabdg.jpg

w78dexon_y
05-13-2009, 02:31 AM
This is insane.
Hard to explain

yeah! And can you imagine how many pages is gonna be next year when it goes to ATP 500??

weird, but, in fact it's easily explainable: the haters keep it alive. If you take all haters posts there would've been only 5 pages left!!

Florida
05-13-2009, 02:46 AM
I am impressed how this thread is still alive in the middle of Madrid and just before RG. I guess SO is popular and just because of the longetivity of this thread, it will might as welll turn into a 500 tournament. I agree with W78DEXON_Y, haters keep it alive and they also make it more interesting.

pica_pica
05-13-2009, 07:23 AM

:shrug: Well, Nole seems to bring controversy with him everywhere, no matter the thing is directly related to him or not.