Will Federer ever beat Nadal again in a tennis match? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Federer ever beat Nadal again in a tennis match?

vamosinator
05-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Or will the gap only widen?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qg6J04XZhR4/SEq3AiZQFWI/AAAAAAAABuE/RTJB6XCFYMU/s320/nadal+federer.jpg

sphiie
05-09-2009, 12:04 PM
you're opening many threads on Rafael this week!!!!
calm down lol

Mimi
05-09-2009, 12:13 PM
agreed;)
you're opening many threads on Rafael this week!!!!
calm down lol

Bazooka
05-09-2009, 12:19 PM
It's a good thing you added "again in a tennis match", otherwise you would have (accidentally of course) brought up an interesting debate. I see Roger waiting for Rafa in a dark alley, yeah.

rafa_maniac
05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Tennis? No. Maybe badminton...

vamosinator
05-09-2009, 12:24 PM
No, I had to put 'tennis match' or else people would say 'maybe not in a grand slam but he will probably beat him in a non-slam' so I wanted to avoid that kind of dillydallying and simplify the issue for those with an awkward response style.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 12:26 PM
It's a good thing you added "again in a tennis match", otherwise you would have (accidentally of course) brought up an interesting debate. I see Roger waiting for Rafa in a dark alley, yeah.

:lol:

You open too many threads and post too little sense. No wonder people around here dont take you seriously.

Mimi
05-09-2009, 12:27 PM
the more nadal threads you created, the more the critics he got ...

my answer: yes. Nadal is leading in heads to heads at 13:6, not 30:0

pica_pica
05-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I think yes. The ratio will continue to increase in Nadal's favour but don't rule out Federer in any time they meet again. Remember, Roger lost in 5 sets both in Wimbledon and AO.

Bazooka
05-09-2009, 12:33 PM
No, I had to put 'tennis match' or else people would say 'maybe not in a grand slam but he will probably beat him in a non-slam' so I wanted to avoid that kind of dillydallying and simplify the issue for those with an awkward response style.

Go ahead and specify if Senior Tour is included.

But sorry, pointless thread. Open one again if both reach a non-clay final.

vamosinator
05-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Although by continuing to lose in 5 sets Federer is showing that he can't win a close match v Nadal because he isn't clutch. Sometimes it looks better if you lose in 4 rather than losing in 5. Losing in 5 shows either you don't have the stamina to stay with Nadal or you are a choker. If Federer's going to win he will probably do it in a short match where he dominates.

Bazooka
05-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Although by continuing to lose in 5 sets Federer is showing that he can't win a close match v Nadal because he isn't clutch. Sometimes it looks better if you lose in 4 rather than losing in 5. Losing in 5 shows either you don't have the stamina to stay with Nadal or you are a choker. If Federer's going to win he will probably do it in a short match where he dominates.

Um, no.

It's better to lose in five than to lose in four. Do you play tennis?

Burrow
05-09-2009, 04:52 PM
another pointless thread from the person who only talks nadal.

Jeu_Set_Match
05-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Thank you for the pictures of Nadal and Federer,OP. I wasn't sure about who they were with just the title.

Nice useless thread btw.

Roddickominator
05-09-2009, 05:47 PM
These guys are going to be playing each other until they're old men like John McEnroe and Pistol Pete....i'm sure Fed will take him down sometime.

Fed probably has a better chance far into the future, as Nadal's greatest asset(athletic ability) will be considerably worse.

Hopefully Nadal's legs aren't destroyed from his style of play at that point.

Sapeod
05-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Of course. At Wimbledon.

vamosinator
05-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Federer has proven he has a mental weakness with each 5 set loss (to Nadal). It's not a case of Nadal thrashing him, its bigger than that, its a case of Federer being incapable of getting over a mental hurdle. He really came unravelled mentally in that 6-2 fifth set.

It would be a big ask for Federer to turn this pattern around in their next 5th set. This is more powerful than if Nadal thrashed him in straight sets. This is why beating Federer in 5 sets is more convincing than beating him in 3 or 4. It is destroying him mentally.

Whereas in Wimbledon 1999 when Sampras beat Agassi in straight sets it didn't destroy Agassi mentally, he was just like 'too good', nothing worth crying over. And then Agassi beat Sampras in 5 in the Aust Open 2000 SF.

I think you'd have to play tennis to understand this, or play sport at least to see how a 5 set loss can be more damaging than a straight sets demolition.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Thank you for the pictures of Nadal and Federer,OP. I wasn't sure about who they were with just the title.

Nice useless thread btw.

And theRAFA keeps posting away shamelessly, even though hes been owned 10 times on one thread. Beyond help this theRAFA.

Sunset of Age
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Nice useless thread btw.

:lol: :yeah:

Bazooka
05-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Fed probably has a better chance far into the future, as Nadal's greatest asset(athletic ability) will be considerably worse.

Nadal greatest asset is not athletic ability. There are other players equally fit on tour.

Roddickominator
05-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Nadal greatest asset is not athletic ability. There are other players equally fit on tour.

Eh...his mental toughness and athletic ability(endurance, pure speed, agility) are pretty equal IMO.

But I disagree about other players being as fit...if I had to pick one player to bust out with a 105 mph forehand at 19-17 in the 5th set at a slam....definitely Nadal. Same with running a marathon etc.

Either way it'll wane over the years, and will affect his game more than Fed's waning abilities will affect his game. Nadal should continue to improve his serve and attacking abilities a bit....but he'll never be as good as Federer in that area.

So 20 years from now Fed may finally beat Nadal again.

cocrcici
05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes, once...

salut235
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
The rivalry will end 20-7.

salut235
05-09-2009, 11:21 PM
"Federer is good player, no? He's greatest champion in history. He beat me many times again, no? But i play good i win too."

Nadal's answer on the question. As usual very humble & classy, but it will be very difficult for Federer to do it, he might win once more in a smaller tournament, but Nadal will win 90% of their upcoming matches...

Titi
05-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Nadal is the King now...

but Fed has a win left in him...I'll be backing him at Wimbledon!

Kiedis
05-09-2009, 11:34 PM
It's easier to happen in a 3 sets match than 5 sets match, at least the first time. I prefer to think this is a real possibility because this makes more attractive matches. Roger problem is he felt invincible for a long time and he is having a hard landing to the reality, but he will recover as soon as he assimilates the new situation.

Titi
05-09-2009, 11:48 PM
I agree to an extent Kiedis, but the one tournament Fed has a big chance is Wimbledon.Despite losing last year, a win here could still boost his confidence big time. If his big weapons are working he can win it I believe!

kingfederer
05-10-2009, 12:33 AM
therafa are u a girl or guy?

btw i agree with ur thread, its a good thread.

KostyaTszyu
05-10-2009, 04:54 AM
He will get him on grass or hard court at least once this year. Probably not much more after that.

w78dexon_y
05-10-2009, 05:13 AM
yes! If he uses his racket as the weapon, wait till Rafa turn his back on him, and beat a shit out of him.

freeandlonely
05-10-2009, 07:53 AM

He playes his style, then he should be responsible to his legs.

TennisViewer531
05-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Yes, I'm pretty sure Fed can defeat Nadal again at some point...

Foxy
05-10-2009, 09:00 AM
These guys are going to be playing each other until they're old men like John McEnroe and Pistol Pete....i'm sure Fed will take him down sometime.

Oh, yeah. When rog's athletic ability becomes better, as well as his serve and his back won't bother him that much. It is BS.

Roddickominator
05-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh, yeah. When rog's athletic ability becomes better, as well as his serve and his back won't bother him that much. It is BS.

Sampras can still serve lights out. Why won't Fed be able to down the road?

Obviously Nadal relies more on his physicality than Federer....that's why, when it declines(for both of them), it will be more of a hit to Nadal's game. What i'm saying is not rocket science.

salut235
05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
the way Nadal returns, standing so far behind the baseline and getting everything back, it makes federer's serve ineffective. Federer knows that nadal will return his serves which affects him mentally and the rest of his game, have you even been watching their matches??

Roddickominator
05-10-2009, 11:25 AM
the way Nadal returns, standing so far behind the baseline and getting everything back, it makes federer's serve ineffective. Federer knows that nadal will return his serves which affects him mentally and the rest of his game, have you even been watching their matches??

Nadal does that....because he knows he can run down any subsequent shots that Federer will hit. He won't always be able to do that....he'll have to be more aggressive against Fed's serve when they're old men.

salut235
05-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Nadal does that....because he knows he can run down any subsequent shots that Federer will hit. He won't always be able to do that....he'll have to be more aggressive against Fed's serve when they're old men.

by the time nadal becomes old and slow, federer would have long retired or would be past his prime... nadal is still very young and he'll be fine for the next few years while federer is still playing...

dark_ambient
05-10-2009, 11:43 AM
therafa are u a girl or guy?theRafa is I_mac's twin brother or sister. Nevertheless the answer you were looking for is no. The last meeting between these two will be at the score 65-6 for Nadal. They will play in some shite tourney in Asia for moneeeeeeeys and Rafito will edge it in a tie-break in the third set thus making it 66-6. Why? Because 666 is the number of the Beast(Rafito)!
Mods, please bend time and space thus sending this thread to medieval times and then crush it by throwing stones at it. Thanks!

Roddickominator
05-10-2009, 11:54 AM
by the time nadal becomes old and slow, federer would have long retired or would be past his prime... nadal is still very young and he'll be fine for the next few years while federer is still playing...

You're missing my original posts....I said that Fed will beat Nadal eventually when they're on the seniors circuit. Obviously right now Nadal has a massive advantage against Fed on every surface....Fed would have to have a rare moment of mental strength to go along with Rafa having a bad day to win right now.

FedFan
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
On a hardcourt like the US Open absolutely yes! ;)

On an indoors hardcourt he has also a good chance.

What a thread again! It is not as if Nadal has ever dominated Federer on grass or hardcourt.

marcRD
05-10-2009, 12:03 PM
He faced him twice outside clay in grand slam finals and lost 2 matches where he had many oppurtunities to take the match. Well, if you go under the rule that Federer is declining and Nadal peaking it surely may seem like it is a difficult task.

However even Roddick won against Federer again last year, Roddick has only got 1-2 sets out of all their grand slam matches against each other (7 I think). Federer and Nadal go to 5 sets almost everytime outside clay, I would say that he could very well beat Nadal this year in Wimbledon and show to the world that he is the true king of grass, but he needs to get his serve working again for this to happen.

marcRD
05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
On a hardcourt like the US Open absolutely yes! ;)

On an indoors hardcourt he has also a good chance.

What a thread again! It is not as if Nadal has ever dominated Federer on grass or hardcourt.

Exactly, the matchup is bad but nothing like the Roddick-Federer matchup. If Roddick can defeat Federer, Federer could even defeat Nadal on clay if Nadal is tired and having a really bad day (that would not be in RG).

marcRD
05-18-2009, 01:35 AM
Time to bump this worthless bandwagoning thread made only one week ago with the question if Federer would EVER defeat Nadal again. Mostly I bump to gloat over my great prediction ofcourse, the voice of reason:

Exactly, the matchup is bad but nothing like the Roddick-Federer matchup. If Roddick can defeat Federer, Federer could even defeat Nadal on clay if Nadal is tired and having a really bad day (that would not be in RG).

TennisViewer531
05-18-2009, 01:45 AM
It's going to be all YES votes from hereon now... :)

Mimi
05-18-2009, 01:51 AM
if my memory is correct, I already told the thread starter not to be so confident, now he/she has jinxed rafa and make his/her thread looks silly :rolleyes:

Art&Soul
05-18-2009, 01:55 AM
This thread should be bumbed everytime Roger beats Nadull again:devil:

marcRD
05-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Note that almost 50% voted no, that is unbelivable. People have no idea about the ups and downs in tennis.

johnny_dhk
05-18-2009, 03:19 AM
Federina will never beat Rafa again as long as Nadal is not tired after playing for four hours and Federina himself has a cakewalk draw on a so called clay court which suits his game perfectly.

Sunset of Age
05-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Federina will never beat Rafa again as long as Nadal is not tired after playing for four hours and Federina himself has a cakewalk draw on a so called clay court which suits his game perfectly.

Ah, yeah. Every time Federer beats Nadal, it's because he's 'tired & injured', no?

And every time Federer endures a bad loss, I guess it's due to something completely different? Injuries, tiredness, diseases, all being 'lame excuses', eh?

How I HATE DOUBLE STANDARDS. :o

How I HATE TARDS :barf:

Mimi
05-18-2009, 03:35 AM
:help::banghead: please don't make excuses for rafa, a lost is a lost, give respect when it is due :wavey:

CmonAussie
05-18-2009, 04:17 AM

:eek::eek:
Is it Fed`s fault that Rafa took 4 hours to defeat Djoko in the semis:wavey:
BTW, Rafa only had to play 3 matches to reach the final [since he got a walkover in Rd.3], whereas Fed had to play 4 matches;)

Rafa`s 3 matches to reach the final took 7 sets [bye, 2, walkover, 2, 3]:
Fed`s 4 matches to reach the final took 9 sets [bye, 2, 2, 3, 2]:
Plus Federer had to play his semifinal after Rafa`s on the saturday, so less time to recover!

Just face the facts, Rafa had no excuses, Fed simply outplayed him this time, and stop being a knob:p

jmf07
05-18-2009, 04:31 AM
:eek::eek:
Is it Fed`s fault that Rafa took 4 hours to defeat Djoko in the semis:wavey:
BTW, Rafa only had to play 3 matches to reach the final [since he got a walkover in Rd.3], whereas Fed had to play 4 matches;)

Rafa`s 3 matches to reach the final took 7 sets [bye, 2, walkover, 2, 3]:
Fed`s 4 matches to reach the final took 9 sets [bye, 2, 2, 3, 2]:
Plus Federer had to play his semifinal after Rafa`s on the saturday, so less time to recover!

Just face the facts, Rafa had no excuses, Fed simply outplayed him this time, and stop being a knob:p

:rolleyes:

Did Federer play for four hours the day before? Reality is that it was showed that Rafa will beat Fed time and time again on clay but occasionally there will be times where Nadal will not be able to play well and he will get knocked off. IMO it was bad that Federer only won 64 64. Youzhny was able to beat Nadal 60 61 in last year's Chennai final after Nadal came off the three hour semi against Moya.

chowdahead25
05-18-2009, 04:38 AM
:rolleyes:

Did Federer play for four hours the day before? Reality is that it was showed that Rafa will beat Fed time and time again on clay but occasionally there will be times where Nadal will not be able to play well and he will get knocked off. IMO it was bad that Federer only won 64 64. Youzhny was able to beat Nadal 60 61 in last year's Chennai final after Nadal came off the three hour semi against Moya.

We are doubles partners and what not, but this is just retarded IMO.
6-4 6-4 is terrible, since Nadal has lost a whopping 3 out of his last 155 on clay.
Also since Federer has zero confidence, and no wins against top 4 in last 11 tries?
And Nadal was tired my ass, he got a freaking walkover. He is by far the fittest player on tour, so the Djoko match had zero effect.
Another thing is that Rafa was in his HOME COUNTRY. I mean come on guys. Think.
Also, as for the surface, it was still clay!
If it was more like hard or grass or w/e, Rafa hasnt had too much trouble beating Roger lately on those surfaces no?

Think before you type everyone. This isnt just at you J.

Get off Rafas nuts everyone, and show Roger some credit.

:p

jmf07
05-18-2009, 05:02 AM
We are doubles partners and what not, but this is just retarded IMO.
6-4 6-4 is terrible, since Nadal has lost a whopping 3 out of his last 155 on clay.
Also since Federer has zero confidence, and no wins against top 4 in last 11 tries?
And Nadal was tired my ass, he got a freaking walkover. He is by far the fittest player on tour, so the Djoko match had zero effect.
Another thing is that Rafa was in his HOME COUNTRY. I mean come on guys. Think.
Also, as for the surface, it was still clay!
If it was more like hard or grass or w/e, Rafa hasnt had too much trouble beating Roger lately on those surfaces no?

Think before you type everyone. This isnt just at you J.

Get off Rafas nuts everyone, and show Roger some credit.

:p

Yeah wrong choice of words but if I were Fed I wouldn't be drawing alot of confidence from it. The walkover means very little. It happened in the Round of 16 not the day before the final. It would have still been an easy cruise for Nadal anyway. Yes Nadal was playing in his home country but that probably would have also taken more out of him in that epic SF by pushing himself and being mtoivated from the crowd. And although it was on clay like I said remember the woeful performance he put up against Youzhny in Chennai last year. Although Nadal was poorer on Hardcourts last year and Youzhny was alot better than he is now a 60 61 loss was still very bad. The match against Djoko would have had a huge effect as well. When you consider the prep that went into the match, then the match itself and then the recovery and then he had to wake up and do it all again.

I am not a Nadaltard or whatever they are called :lol: but I don't think Roger should be overjoyed by his performance or anything. If it were Djokovic in his position I think Djokovic would have won convincingly. Fed produced a good effort to win the tournament but in terms of winning RG, I don't think Fed should draw too much from it except that if he continually shows up he can eventually beat Nadal if everything goes his way.

Fedex
05-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Gotta love all the excuses people are making to cover their own asses (for looking stupid).

theDreamer
05-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Yeah wrong choice of words but if I were Fed I wouldn't be drawing alot of confidence from it. The walkover means very little. It happened in the Round of 16 not the day before the final. It would have still been an easy cruise for Nadal anyway. Yes Nadal was playing in his home country but that probably would have also taken more out of him in that epic SF by pushing himself and being mtoivated from the crowd. And although it was on clay like I said remember the woeful performance he put up against Youzhny in Chennai last year. Although Nadal was poorer on Hardcourts last year and Youzhny was alot better than he is now a 60 61 loss was still very bad. The match against Djoko would have had a huge effect as well. When you consider the prep that went into the match, then the match itself and then the recovery and then he had to wake up and do it all again.

I am not a Nadaltard or whatever they are called :lol: but I don't think Roger should be overjoyed by his performance or anything. If it were Djokovic in his position I think Djokovic would have won convincingly. Fed produced a good effort to win the tournament but in terms of winning RG, I don't think Fed should draw too much from it except that if he continually shows up he can eventually beat Nadal if everything goes his way.

erm... glass half empty much?

While I wouldn't be now automatically confident that I can
now win RG beating Nadal in the final, there is very much to take from this match -
First, "beating Nadal on clay is not impossible" which is infinitely better than "will I ever beat Nadal again? I'm even losing to him on Grass and Hard courts now." - This, for me, a very competitive person, is enough for me to keep trying and trying hard.

2nd, If federer can beat him on clay, that should provide him more confidence going in to the rest of the non clay matches they will have this year.

3rd, his first top 4 win in a while. This should be a massive boost for him to go on and win a few more of his top 4 matches for the rest of the year.

So I do think he should "draw a lot of confidence from this match" and be "overjoyed with his performance". I mean, if you are low on confidence and can't draw a lot of confidence from beating Nadal on clay (no matter the circumstances), then what can you draw confidence from (when nadal plays perfect, and you still happen to win?:rolleyes: ok keep waiting then...)

FedFan_2007
05-18-2009, 07:03 AM
BTW, Roger himself said he doesn't read too much into this win so I don't get why the haters are all over him.

Chrillz
11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Let's face it: Nadal is still one hell of an athlete and is still going strong, while Federer has been declining more and more and couldn't even beat Rafa on his own backyard today. Question is, will he ever beat Nadal again? They'll probably face off a few more times, but I find it unlikely Fed can hurt Nadal on any surface nowadays, including grass. Depending on how long Federer keeps playing, the head-to-head could be something along the lines of 30-10 in favour of Nadal.

As much as Fedfans like to say that this means nothing, that it's because most matches were played on clay, that it's because Federer is old, and various other excuses they tell themselves to feel better, this is really humiliating statistics for someone that is to be seen as the "greatest of all time".

Will Nadal ever lose to Federer again?

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I'll say once more, but it depends where they meet. If they play 6 more times indoors, maybe 3-4 to Fed. But if they meet 6 more times on clay, then 6 for Rafa.

Rychu
11-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Probably not

RForehand
11-10-2013, 03:07 PM
maybe one more time, but i wouldn't bet on it

Jimnik
11-10-2013, 03:08 PM
They could play on wood right now and Nadal would still win.

Kiedis
Doha. Or Basel. Rafa has a tender heart.

rafa_maniac
Halle 2014, book it.

Doktor Carpet
11-10-2013, 03:09 PM
He's gonna have a difficult time beating Almagro from now on, let alone Dull. :shrug:

Patrick López
11-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I'll say once more, but it depends where they meet. If they play 6 more times indoors, maybe 3-4 to Fed. But if they meet 6 more times on clay, then 6 for Rafa.
Love the wishful thinking. Nadal just beat Federer in straights without playing that well to begin with.

Roger will be lucky if he can chalk up another win vs Nadal.

ClutchOnandWin
11-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Why are you asking a question with an obvious answer......

If you don't know abouyt Federer's ineptness to hitting a backhand over shoulder height then you don';t get tennis at all.

Nadal boringly targets it with his high bouncing topspin. Fact federer's back isn't getting any better and he's getting older, just makes it the ever more more impossible.

I don;t think it's about athleticness, it's just Federer's backhand, it's shocking how a player as talented and great as that has such a strong and vivid weakness. If you were to invent a player to EXPOSE that weakness, Nadal would be it, his forehand and the way it's struck is asking Federer to do too much.

Wawrinka has the best single hander the game has ever seen imo, but even he finds the topspin hard to deal with at times on that side.

Leo
11-10-2013, 03:10 PM
It's been doubtful and continues to be.

Shanksgiving
11-10-2013, 03:12 PM
One more time, in a small tournament, as a goodbye gift from Nadal.

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Love the wishful thinking. Nadal just beat Federer in straights without playing that well to begin with.

Because Federer's serve failed him when it mattered and he made loads of errors on would-be winner shots.

hipolymer
11-10-2013, 03:16 PM
That depends--will Nadal ever be injured again?

Bumsby
11-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Yes, if they meet on grass. Nadal has been unable to bend its knees on grass for the past two years.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Basically my only point was that whether Fed gets another win is dependent on the surface. Clay, no. Grass, possibly, same with HC. I doubt they meet upwards of 10 more times unless they meet in a lot of quarters/semis.

Patrick López
11-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Because Federer's serve failed him when it mattered and he made loads of errors on would-be winner shots.
It's what you Fedtards always say when he loses to Nadal.

High time you all accepted Nadal is a horrid matchup for Federer, and it's not likely that a declining Roger beats him in the future.

ClutchOnandWin
11-10-2013, 03:22 PM

High time you all accepted Nadal is a horrid matchup for Federer, and it's not likely that a declining Roger beats him in the future.

This is what the fedtards don't get, they think it's talent, we're saying its a matchup issue, we're not sayuing it's talent!

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 03:23 PM

He loses to a lot of guys when spraying errors and not serving well. That's not just a Rafa problem with him.

Patrick López
11-10-2013, 03:27 PM
He loses to a lot of guys when spraying errors and not serving well. That's not just a Rafa problem with him.
Surely he's got a 22-10 H2H against all those rivals.

You simply refuse to accept reality.

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 03:30 PM

Yes, when his serve is not clicking and he's giving away free points, Nadal hurts him the most since he's Fed's hardest opponent. No surprise there. But so many times this year Fed has lost matches in the exact same way he lost today against far lesser opponents that he should have been beating. He had a shot in set one if he continued serving well and didn't play loose.

Allez
11-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Even if they were to square off on grass chances are it would be in the 2nd week when Rafa is unplayable on that surface. The only way he beats Rafa is if he is so far down the rankings that he draws Rafa 1st round at Wimbledon and even then Rafa would have had to have had no grass warm up post his RG win for Roger to have a realistic shot.

hadouken!
11-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Fedtards can always hope

:haha:

JoWilly
11-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Desperate Nadal fans boasting about him beating an injured Olderer. Priceless.

SheepleBuster
11-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Nope unless it is to avoid Nole. Tanks do happen

SheepleBuster
11-10-2013, 04:03 PM

I am sorry. You are acting like Rafa cultists now. Roger has lost 22 matches to Rafa and they are not all on clay. Many of the matches he has won were close too. It's not like Roger is just letting Rafa win. Roger's record against anyone outside the top 3 is pretty good actually.

Cloren
11-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Maybe if Fed improves and plays like in 2011-2012 then its possible, it would have to be on fast surfaces though cause on clay and slow HC, Fed won't stand a chance. If Fed continues at this level, then never

Singularity
11-10-2013, 04:15 PM

He'd also never lost to Nadal indoors before today.

RAFA_MURRAY
11-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Desperate Nadal fans boasting about him beating an injured Olderer. Priceless.

Nothing boasting, Rafa not playing well today

Htom Sirveaux
11-10-2013, 04:33 PM
It could certainly happen at an AO or WB warm-up, in East Asia, at Basel or in a RR WTF match. Anywhere else, and especially at slams, I'd say no.

Patrick López
11-10-2013, 04:36 PM
He'd also never lost to Nadal indoors before today.

So what? If I recall correctly, prior to today's match they had played only three times indoors. And surely we can agree that back then Roger Federer was a much better player that 2013 Federer, right?

Pirao666
11-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, that cincy match was pretty close so it's not completely impossible. Unlikely, though.

Myrre
11-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Probably not. Federer has lost a step and courts are only getting slower. Mission impossible it seems. Halle would be where he would have the best chance.

Singularity
11-10-2013, 04:42 PM
He won four times, including a convincing victory in 2011 at the age of 30. I'm saying it makes sense to say Federer had some kind of chance today, if his serve and forehand had held up.

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 04:45 PM
I am sorry. You are acting like Rafa cultists now. Roger has lost 22 matches to Rafa and they are not all on clay. Many of the matches he has won were close too. It's not like Roger is just letting Rafa win. Roger's record against anyone outside the top 3 is pretty good actually.

All I said is that this year, he's lost many matches with bad serving and inconsistent, error-prone tennis. I'm not disputing anything you wrote.

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 04:48 PM
He won four times, including a convincing victory in 2011 at the age of 30. I'm saying it makes sense to say Federer had some kind of chance today, if his serve and forehand had held up.

And he did have a chance today, but after 4-4 in the first it fell apart. Chalk it up to pressure, slight mistimings, whatever. He could have played a much better match and it would have been a lot closer if he did.

FormerRafaFan
11-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Halle 2014, book it.

This. It will probably be on grass.

fivebargate
11-10-2013, 04:51 PM
I don;t think it's about athleticness, it's just Federer's backhand, it's shocking how a player as talented and great as that has such a strong and vivid weakness. If you were to invent a player to EXPOSE that weakness, Nadal would be it

Nadal was invented to expose the weakness of single hander, on clay....and then high bouncing surfaces rolled out everywhere and paved the way to his success. No secret there.

The problem for Fed is that he is still the quintessential attacking player....but he lives in the time of the defence-orientated game. As the game tilted more and more that way, so did his dominance. We have seen indoors right up until last year, he could still get it done against the best. This year...all the faultlines - his own game and form...his advancing years and declining fitness....the court bouncing higher....they have all just pushed him over the edge.

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Nadal was invented to expose the weakness of single hander, on clay....and then high bouncing surfaces rolled out everywhere and paved the way to his success. No secret there.

The problem for Fed is that he is still the quintessential attacking player....but he lives in the time of the defence-orientated game. As the game tilted more and more that way, so did his dominance. We have seen indoors right up until last year, he could still get it done against the best. This year...all the faultlines - his own game and form...his advancing years and declining fitness....the court bouncing higher....they have all just pushed him over the edge.

Well said. Fed's style, racket, and mentality is just outdated in this modern game.

fivebargate
11-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Well said. Fed's style, racket, and mentality is just outdated in this modern game.

....which to my mind, just makes his competetiveness until this point even more admirable. And yet, his is the tennis people are still drawn to the most....and on his good days he can still be in the mix. Not bad? :shrug:

Manequin75
11-10-2013, 05:29 PM
This time last year people were debating if Rafa will ever play tennis again LOL

Stop over reacting and creating senseless threads. Form changes quickly in tennis. Federer could just begin the new year with a clean slate and could easily show people the power of RESET. He played 2.5 hrs yesterday, has played tough 3 setters with Nole and Delpo two other times in the last 10 days. I wouldn't read too much into this match.

We will talk in Australia.

Jolyon
11-10-2013, 05:34 PM
This time last year people were debating if Rafa will ever play tennis again LOL

Stop over reacting and creating senseless threads. Form changes quickly in tennis. Federer could just begin the new year with a clean slate and could easily show people the power of RESET. He played 2.5 hrs yesterday, has played tough 3 setters with Nole and Delpo two other times in the last 10 days. I wouldn't read too much into this match.

We will talk in Australia.

The Overrated GOAT ain't the True GOAT to turn it around. Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

Kyle_Johansen
11-10-2013, 05:40 PM
....which to my mind, just makes his competetiveness until this point even more admirable. And yet, his is the tennis people are still drawn to the most....and on his good days he can still be in the mix. Not bad? :shrug:

People who aren't trolls realize how good Fed is to still have a lot of success with a game that he's had to adapt in order to remain competitive.

jcempire
11-10-2013, 08:59 PM
I vote yes in 2021

Jimnik
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Is Nadal really playing Halle next year?

MuzzahLovah
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Never again. Fed is just going through the motions

Chrillz
01-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Nope, not this time either! ;)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b1da3e43b885be87b358981dcc44bd86/tumblr_ms1i3jRz0L1rk7kk6o1_500.gif

Hikikomori
01-24-2014, 10:36 AM
no, but there are others coming for him

Jamvol
01-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Fed needs to tank this year so he is low enough rank to face Nadal on week 1 grass at Wimbledon in 2015.

Jimnik
01-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Halle - Fed's last stand.

Doktor Carpet
01-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Only in a 50 yo charity classic.

xcom
01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Fed could beat him one more time, like Roddick beat Fed in Miami one last time shortly before retiring. Nobody saw that one coming.

I doubt it though because Nadal always brings out the best in him when he faces Fed. And Fed has to adapt too much to Nadals style of play and not the other way around which allows Nadal to boss the rallies.

shiaben
01-24-2014, 11:26 AM
At some irrelevant tournament be it a 500 or 1000 series best of 3 set match.

abraxas21
01-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Unlikely to say the least. Maybe if the meet in the first round of wimbledon one day but even that's a stretch

LightWarrior
01-24-2014, 11:34 AM
No. The Nadal mental block is ingrained in Fed's head, whatever the tactics.

Avi14
01-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Yes.

kidbourbon
01-24-2014, 12:45 PM
They could play on wood right now and Nadal would still win.

Yup, surface is a nonfactor in their H2H. Rafa will beat Fed on any surface you can imagine. Put them on a hockey rink, Rafa wins. Put them on a cobblestone road, Rafa wins. Coat the court with Teflon, Rafa wins. Play them on astroturf, a basketball court, a gymnastics floor, ceramic tiling...don't matter. Rafa wins.

chenx15
01-24-2014, 12:48 PM
out of desperation. Federer should try using a two hand backhand. if he was willing to switch racquets. it may sound absurd but keeping that one hand backhand is just pretty much status quo and we will never see a difference.

Shepherd
01-24-2014, 01:00 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b1da3e43b885be87b358981dcc44bd86/tumblr_ms1i3jRz0L1rk7kk6o1_500.gif

One of my favourite GIFs, just becasue I know how much that win meant to him and how badly he needed that. Went on to do some great things. :D

I think Federer could still beat Nadal with grass being his best chance. We shall see.

WinterIsComing
01-24-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm confident 37yo Fed would have his chances against 32yo Nadal... Otherwise, if he can get to the indoor season fully fit I still think he can do it there.

Acer
01-24-2014, 01:27 PM

Remember how much SHIT Federer took here for the finger wagging? Well guess what...

WinterIsComing
01-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Remember how much SHIT Federer took here for the finger wagging? Well guess what...

I never understood why... I liked it from Federer, I like this one too. This was such a massive win! And yet it was only the beginning...

Trollicki
01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Nothing wrong with the finger wag. And I say that as a Djokovic fan.

Federer-Nadal has ceased to be a rivalry since AO 2009. The matches they play nowadays are simply prolonging Fed's agony, with him scoring an increasingly incidental win. He might pull it off on grass or indoors once more, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Jverweij
01-24-2014, 01:50 PM
not in a grand slam, that's for sure. On a grass court or indoor hc with best of 3, it might happen

Shepherd
01-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Nothing wrong with the finger wag. And I say that as a Djokovic fan.

Federer-Nadal has ceased to be a rivalry since AO 2009. The matches they play nowadays are simply prolonging Fed's agony, with him scoring an increasingly incidental win. He might pull it off on grass or indoors once more, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I have to disagree. Federer defeated Nadal in Madrid 2009 and World Tour Finals 2010 and 2011. He also defeated him in 2012. He won 4 of his 10 matches after the rivalry was supposedly over. Even at the beginning of 2013 Federer was still a formidable opponent and they played a great first set in Indian Wells, however, in second it was obvious Federer wasn't feeling well. Rome was NID, Cincinnati was close and WTF was expected. The rivalry ended in 2013 because it became obvious Federer might never beat Nadal again, whereas before (2009-2013) that wasn't the case.

Fargif
01-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Federer can beat Rafa again. Only in a few specifica places and certain times of the year. But he needs Rafa to have a bad day.

Tennis4Lyf
01-24-2014, 02:07 PM
TBH, I don't want to see them play again!

At least definitely not in GS. Roger's movements have slowed down to match with Nadal's tennis.

I honestly wish Federer to beat Nadal in a BO3 once to gain the confidence back.

The last 4 losses have been very bad.
IW - Fed was not 100% though
Rome - Nothing to say. CLAY!
Cincy - Fed lost it mentally
WTF - The only place where he was confident, spoiled by 2013 form

and now this. It is hurting him and frustrating him I guess.

Just get that one win Roger.

Cloren
01-24-2014, 02:35 PM
I have to disagree. Federer defeated Nadal in Madrid 2009 and World Tour Finals 2010 and 2011. He also defeated him in 2012. He won 4 of his 10 matches after the rivalry was supposedly over. Even at the beginning of 2013 Federer was still a formidable opponent and they played a great first set in Indian Wells, however, in second it was obvious Federer wasn't feeling well. Rome was NID, Cincinnati was close and WTF was expected. The rivalry ended in 2013 because it became obvious Federer might never beat Nadal again, whereas before (2009-2013) that wasn't the case.

I agree with this, in 2009-2012, Federer still used to cause Nadal a lot of problems, he was able to take sets off him in slams and beat him in BO3 matches, he wasn't able to beat Nadal in slams but still caused him trouble. Its since 2013 where he can't anymore.

TennisPhan1
09-26-2014, 04:22 PM
They are playing the same 5 tournaments this season. A clash should surely happen. Roger has chances on HC and indoor.

TennisPhan1
09-26-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm sure of it and it will be on clay!

Fargif
09-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Probably yes. Decent day, on a given court. Just not in a Slam. BO5.

PileDrive
09-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Mods, i know you can excuse the magnitude of ownage, but this thread should merged all in one with:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=143344

or

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=366881

Rychu
09-26-2014, 04:29 PM
If they meet under certain circumstances (meaning indoors), yes.

multiculti
09-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Definitely... unless they never meet indoors :devil:

masterclass
09-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Chances will get more and more remote that they will even meet each other as their decline becomes more pronounced on their worst surface/ball conditions which happen to be the other's best conditions.

But should they meet, winning or losing will more times than not depend on how high the courts are bouncing or not, which has been the deciding factor throughout most of their meetings. Of course, either one could also just have an off day or under their usual level because of aches and pains or whatever, which will also tend to happen more often as they decline.

Respectfully,
masterclass

August
09-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Depends on how bad Rafa's wrist injury is. Hopefully not too bad so that Rogie gets to play him one more time and beats him before he retires.

Chris Kuerten
09-26-2014, 04:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/o0HktWK.png

danieln1
09-26-2014, 04:41 PM
as long as he doesnt play like shit like every time he plays against dull, he can a few more anywhere except clay

monfed
09-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Depends if Bald is healthy.

ananthd
09-26-2014, 06:37 PM
Non-clay Bo3 yes....

Remote otherwise....

Silvester
09-26-2014, 06:46 PM
he put up a decent fight last year at Cincy and WTF even though was his worst year ever. If the conditions suit him then he has a chance.

Police Of Mind
09-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Nah, he'll only really get a chance indoors or at Halle and his form tends to go out of the window when he plays Nadal these days (like in Australia this year).

ShanksBboy
09-26-2014, 10:05 PM
he put up a decent fight last year at Cincy and WTF even though was his worst year ever. If the conditions suit him then he has a chance.

Last year WTF match was one of the worst i saw from Federer.

I have no doubt should they meet this season Federer will win.

In 2010 Dull was coming in WTF full of confidence and Federer made him his slave once again. In 2013 Dull needed Federer to choke in horrible fashion to get that first set in WTF. I have no doubt if he plays anyway near to 50% he will win.

evilmindbulgaria
09-26-2014, 10:31 PM
Last year WTF match was one of the worst i saw from Federer.

I have no doubt should they meet this season Federer will win.

In 2010 Dull was coming in WTF full of confidence and Federer made him his slave once again. In 2013 Dull needed Federer to choke in horrible fashion to get that first set in WTF. I have no doubt if he plays anyway near to 50% he will win.

Keep crying, Fraudturd! Those 23 times Rafa humiliated Fraud aren't coming back :haha:

ShanksBboy
09-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Keep crying, Fraudturd! Those 23 times Rafa humiliated Fraud aren't coming back :haha:

1 win indoor againt Backerer in his entire career :haha::haha::haha::haha:

SheepleBuster
09-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Federer is 33 years old. Please buddy. Can your dad beat you in a sprint? If so, then it's time to return your man card. Simple as that.

evilmindbulgaria
09-26-2014, 11:03 PM

2 clay wins for the Fraudulent one in 11 years over his Master :superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

ShanksBboy
09-26-2014, 11:10 PM
2 clay wins for the Fraudulent one in 11 years over his Master :superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

Stop posting atleast your making a fool out of yourself :spit::spit:
Needed Backerer and Olderer for Dull to finally get a win, sure im sure what you said is very relevant:rolleyes::rolleyes:

evilmindbulgaria
09-26-2014, 11:29 PM
Stop posting atleast your making a fool out of yourself :spit::spit:
Needed Backerer and Olderer for Dull to finally get a win, sure im sure what you said is very relevant:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And how did exactly Fraud fluke his 2 wins on clay against Rafa? After Rafa played over 4 hours in the SF against Nole in 2009 and after a grueling semi against Hewitt in 2007. 10 wins in 11 years is a pathetic achievement regardless of all the BS excuses you bring (Olderer/Backerer/Chokerer/Monorer etc...)

ProdigyEng
09-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Fedtards are quick to laugh at excuses fans make for their fav losing to Fed, but they like to create their own little excuses for Fed, like fake back injuries that appear once in a blue moon :lol:

gpasqualicchio
09-26-2014, 11:36 PM
We all know Nadal will pull out of Basel with a bogus injury to avoid the beatdown at the hands of GOATerer

evilmindbulgaria
09-26-2014, 11:38 PM
We all know Nadal will pull out of Basel with a bogus injury to avoid the beatdown at the hands of GOATerer

You mean TURKEYerer, right? :haha: :haha: :haha:

evilmindbulgaria
09-26-2014, 11:41 PM
Fedtards are quick to laugh at excuses fans make for their fav losing to Fed, but they like to create their own little excuses for Fed, like fake back injuries that appear once in a blue moon :lol:

Well, let's see:
- Mono
- Back
- Rafa's unfair playing advantage (Mommy, mommy, he keeps playing to my backhand! Whaa, whaaa, whaa)
- Old age
- Choking
- Rafa's Luck

If it wasn't for those, Fraud would undoubtedly lead the H2H against Rafa by a landslide :lol:

ShanksBboy
09-26-2014, 11:44 PM

Once in a blue moon? He was injured all year if his results or his play didn't convince you than your just a worthless hater.

And how did exactly Fraud fluke his 2 wins on clay against Rafa? After Rafa played over 4 hours in the SF against Nole in 2009 and after a grueling semi against Hewitt in 2007. 10 wins in 11 years is a pathetic achievement regardless of all the BS excuses you bring (Olderer/Backerer/Chokerer/Monorer etc...)

:haha::haha:

Someone who can't vulture a WTF, where you can win the event even with 2 losses is called GOAT by your standard :spit::spit:

2010 was the closest he will ever get tard so enjoy your pathetic life :wavey::wavey:

evilmindbulgaria
09-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Once in a blue moon? He was injured all year if his results or his play didn't convince you than your just a worthless hater.

Someone who can't vulture a WTF, where you can win the event even with 2 losses is called GOAT by your standard :spit::spit:

2010 was the closest he will ever get tard so enjoy your pathetic life :wavey::wavey:

:haha: Rafa OWNS Fraud, life is great! And it gets better and better every time Rafa plays his missy :devil:

And speaking of vulturing, Fraud couldn't even vulture Monte Carlo (which was Mickey Carlo until this year when Fraudturds thought their fake idol has a chance of winning it :haha: ) against his lapdog!

BankaiKenpachi
09-26-2014, 11:58 PM

Calling someone else' life pathetic, it just shows you your class. Learn to respect before making any comments.

Matt01
09-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Probably not but you can never know.

Glad that you mentioned the "back" in this post. We all know if it wasn't for his "bad back" (which for some reason didn't trouble him in the RR at that tournament) he would have double bageled Rafa in that WTF semi :superlol:

Mountaindewslave
09-27-2014, 12:29 AM
obviously probably no at this point because Nadal appears to be very willing to leave tennis for months not only if he's injured, but even if he's not 100% (98% too I don't know?). that combined with Roger's age and the matchup will make it less likely

Matt01
09-27-2014, 12:31 AM
Yeah good think you mentioned while Federer had to deal with Djokovic and Delpo, Dull was once again awarded a group with his favorite lapdog Berd.

The same player who always gives your overrated fave trouble? When will you clowns finally learn that your are only making your fave look worse when you out putting down players like Berd? (Or calling Nadal a moonballer :rolls:)

ShanksBboy
09-27-2014, 12:38 AM
The same player who always gives your overrated fave trouble? When will you clowns finally learn that your are only making your fave look worse when you out putting down players like Berd? (Or calling Nadal a moonballer :rolls:)

If only he played seriously with Nadal you might have gotten a point but he is just bending over for his Master nothing new :zzz::zzz:

Jamvol
09-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Bold prediction - after this year they will never play each other in a competitive match again.

Matt01
09-27-2014, 12:59 AM
If only he played seriously with Nadal you might have gotten a point but he is just bending over for his Master nothing new :zzz::zzz:

He does play seriously...Nadal is simply too good for him. Your fave knows this feeling.

ShanksBboy
09-27-2014, 01:01 AM
He does play seriously...Nadal is simply too good for him. Your fave knows this feeling.

Probably Ferrer knows also :haha::haha:

Wolfy
09-27-2014, 01:29 AM
Yes in crying award categories.

BankaiKenpachi
09-27-2014, 03:23 AM
You talk respectuos and you gain respect, tards like yourself should be insulted day in day out especially when you watch tennis because you hate Federer :help::help::

It's waste of time arguing against a little brat like you. Just go get a life and hopefully you will learn at some point in your life.

Han Solo
09-27-2014, 03:45 AM
And once again a message thread devolves into tiresome "discussion" involving puerile insults and ridiculous excuse-making on both sides.

My feeling is that if these two play at least another couple of seasons then chances are Federer will score another win. Neither is getting any better at this stage in their career, but looking at their respective form THIS season (remember how shaky Nadal looked on clay prior to RG?), you would think Federer could score a win, say, indoor where conditions suit his game more than Nadal's.

If they were to meet at Wimbledon next year, given Nadal's struggles on grass last three seasons: that also would be interesting. Anywhere else, though, I don't see Federer beating his buddy unless Nadal is unfit.

GOATsol
09-27-2014, 04:14 AM
if course Fee er wil beat dull andain what are you taking about?? !!!!

DerekHV
09-27-2014, 04:40 AM
Nadal has not won a hard court tournament in some time, and is nowhere near as good as he was on this surface and since NY 2013.
Fed should beat him again, esp Indoors and possibly even on the Asian Swing, they haven't met since the AO Semi at the start of the year and meet less often now, so WAS.

Brad1973
09-27-2014, 04:45 AM
I like how you specify "in a tennis match". I think Federer could beat Nadal in a 10 kilometer run or an IQ test, but I don't think he will ever beat him again in a tennis match, mostly because they aren't going to play each other very much any more.

TigerTim
09-27-2014, 06:43 AM
23-10 and counting

will probably end up at around 26-10/11

calvinhobbes
09-27-2014, 07:00 AM
Of course he will. Furthermore, Roger will be still playing in the tour two years after Dull begins playing senior tournaments. Don't forget my words.

Cloren
09-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Depends on where they meet. If they meet any time during this asian swing/indoor season, I think Federer might get a win against him.

Chris Kuerten
09-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Federer has ended up being dead tired in many matches this year, to name a few : Nishikori at Miami, Wawrinka at Monte-Carlo, Tsonga at Toronto, Cilic at USO, etc. He is also dead tired every time he loses a match.

Cloren
09-27-2014, 07:46 AM
He is also dead tired every time he loses a match.

Out of those Federer-fan mentioned, I'll agree with the Tsonga one, idk I mean, he looked awful in that match, and couldn't hit a forehand or backhand to save his life :lol:. I think it was tiredness. I know he's been more serve dependent this year, but he can hit forehands or backhands. even if they are not as strong as they were. but in that match, it was not the case.

The rest I don't agree. I think the opponent was just simply better than him.

Joey Tribbiani
09-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Who cares about a tennis match when Federer beat him in life, pff.

Abel
09-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Other than the wins at WTF and Wimbledon, does Federer have a single legitimate win over Nadal?

Vulturing a tired Babydal in Miami in 2005, the clay wins need no explanation and then beating Kneedal at IW in 2012.

A more accurate H2H would be: 27-6

Matt01
09-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Abel :hearts: :bowdown:

Who cares about a tennis match when Federer beat him in life, pff.

WTF are you talking about :spit:

JKT76
09-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Abel :hearts: :bowdown:

WTF are you talking about :spit:

No idea too, Family is my guess? :) Four children is more like a :scared: God said fill the world etc, but he did not say that Federer must do it alone.