Marcos Daniel: "Players are unhappy with the new ranking system" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Marcos Daniel: "Players are unhappy with the new ranking system"

felipe2004
05-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Marcos Daniel says players are unhappy with new ranking

Source: http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u40403.htm (in Portuguese)

Translation:

The massive majority of tennis players in positions above the number 70 of the ranking are not happy with the change in the ranking system, imposed by the ATP, since January. This is what Brazilian Marcos Daniel assured on this Friday, in an interview to a TV station.

"So I thought about going to Madrid and try the qualifying from there, since it is a place I like to play, but it would be very difficult to enter and then I chose to play a challenger in Croatia," he said. "The players who have an average ranking are against the new system of ranking, because there is a big difference in points. The big challengers are very tough, with many good players, and gives 110 points for the champion but only 50 for the other finalist. Thus it is hard to climb up", he alleged. Actually, the runner-up gets 65 points.

Daniel also lamented the defeat on Friday against Italian Andreas Seppi. "I started very well, opened 4/1, but then he came into play, started to attack more and I was on the defensive. On the other hand, everything was equal to 3/3, then a number of breaks happend. It was a pity, because I didn't seize opportunities. At this level here, that is usually fatal. "

For him, the worst consequence is losing a possible spot in the main draw of Wimbledon. "I am very angry with myself because if I won today, I would be 99% certain to play there. It didn't happen, so I will try the qualifying of Roland Garros and see what happens."

Hugh Jaas
05-09-2009, 12:32 AM

Source: http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u40403.htm (in Portuguese)

Translation:

The massive majority of tennis players in positions above the number 70 of the ranking are not happy with the change in the ranking system, imposed by the ATP, since January. This is what Brazilian Marcos Daniel assured on this Friday, in an interview to a TV station.

"So I thought about going to Madrid and try the qualifying from there, since it is a place I like to play, but it would be very difficult to enter and then I chose to play a challenger in Croatia," he said. "The players who have an average ranking are against the new system of ranking, because there is a big difference in points. The big challengers are very tough, with many good players, and gives 110 points for the champion but only 50 for the other finalist. Thus it is hard to climb up", he alleged. Actually, the runner-up gets 65 points.

Daniel also lamented the defeat on Friday against Italian Andreas Seppi. "I started very well, opened 4/1, but then he came into play, started to attack more and I was on the defensive. On the other hand, everything was equal to 3/3, then a number of breaks happend. It was a pity, because I didn't seize opportunities. At this level here, that is usually fatal. "

For him, the worst consequence is losing a possible spot in the main draw of Wimbledon. "I am very angry with myself because if I won today, I would be 99% certain to play there. It didn't happen, so I will try the qualifying of Roland Garros and see what happens."

looks like this fixer is avoiding the WADA police in madrid

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Why are you posting this?

Do you really think that this bunch of top-players asslickers, these disgusting gloryhunters care about the state of the tour for the lower-ranked players?

They only care about the top 10, 20. That's what happens when you're a loser in life - you need to transfer your insecurity to top players to feel a sense of accomplishment.

GugaF1
05-09-2009, 02:44 AM
What does him being brazilian got to do with anything. Talk about his point, if you agree with it or not. The rest he is ridiculous. He is no fixer, far from it, one of the most ethical players out there.

And about F1, the day Australia gets a victory, let alone 8 F1 championships than we can talk about something. Until than, good luck to Mark Webber..... :wavey:

alfonsojose
05-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Obviously, The Big Foursome don't give a sh*t. Ooops, how can i dare, they are selfless angels who care for the sport :smash:

JeffCandoi
05-09-2009, 02:57 AM
nice thread.. as it is a tennis forum.. we wanna know what the players are thinking

Horatio Caine
05-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Yep, further fuel for the fire.

Really busy for the next couple of months, but I'll update my feature on the ranking system hopefully in time for the grass season/Wimbledon.

Merton
05-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Of course players should be unhappy, the new system severely penalizes challengers so it creates a ghetto system where lower ranked players cannot enter into the "masters 1000" events.

We need a system that allows guys like Ferrer and Davydenko to climb through but screens out guys like Pashanski.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Why are you posting this?

Do you really think that this bunch of top-players asslickers, these disgusting gloryhunters care about the state of the tour for the lower-ranked players?

They only care about the top 10, 20. That's what happens when you're a loser in life - you need to transfer your insecurity to top players to feel a sense of accomplishment.

:haha::haha::haha: Not very impressed this Glen. And rightly so.

LeChuck
05-09-2009, 11:08 AM
We all knew how this new ridiculous ranking system was going to adversely affect players like Daniel, and it's good to hear him speaking out against it.

CooCooCachoo
05-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks for posting this :yeah:

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 01:12 PM
:haha::haha::haha: Not very impressed this Glen. And rightly so.

Do you get what Glenn is not impressed about?

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Do you get what Glenn is not impressed about?

I wouldnt have made that post if i didnt. But i can see now i shoudnt have added the last sentence. Nopoint in giving anyone credit around here.

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I wouldnt have made that post if i didnt. But i can see now i shoudnt have added the last sentence. Nopoint in giving anyone credit around here.

So what was he getting at, then?

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 02:02 PM
So what was he getting at, then?

As long as you understand what he was getting at that is enough.

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 02:03 PM
As long as you understand what he was getting at that is enough.

In other words you aren't sure, if you were, then you'd just answer a very simple question.

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Daniel is right, but this is not exactly a surprise, as to why he is pissed off with it.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 02:10 PM
In other words you aren't sure, if you were, then you'd just answer a very simple question.

Its not that simple actually. He's saying that people around here are gloryhunter fanboys that doesnt care much for the game. While that is true its also false. People around here have a certain general appreciation for tennis that i havnt seen before. But there is a good amount of fanboyism as well. You should know better then to take everything Glenn says so seriously ;)

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Its not that simple actually. He's saying that people around here are gloryhunter fanboys that doesnt care much for the game. While that is true its also false. People around here have a certain general appreciation for tennis that i havnt seen before. But there is a good amount of fanboyism as well. You should know better then to take everything Glenn says so seriously ;)

See that wasn't so hard, good amount of fanboyism, you are being very kind there.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
See that wasn't so hard, good amount of fanboyism, you are being very kind there.

Im not even sure what fanboyism means. I could be considered a fanboy cos i really dont care much for tennis outside of Fed and to a certain extent Rafa. Ive never seen the game played before like Fed does and i like him more then anyone as well. The others except for Rafa are mere mortals compared to him so its hard to be interested in them. Hence i couldnt care if people called me a fanboy.

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 02:25 PM
No, that just makes you a gloryhunter, who doesn't give a shit about the game and won't follow it, once Fed and Nadal are gone.

Horatio Caine
05-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Daniel is right, but this is not exactly a surprise, as to why he is pissed off with it.

For me, it depends EXACTLY what he is pissed off about.

Is it because he has possibly missed out on a direct acceptance place for Wimbledon? If so, the real blame lies with the current ADJUSTMENT that is going on to accommodate the new rankings format (i.e. doubling of 2008 points, and then simply replacing with the 2009 distribution). Obviously there is an end in sight with this (end of the season), so sadly it cannot be helped.

Or is he pissed off about the distribution of points for the individual events? He has pointed out the large disparity in points for the bigger challenger events...and certainly a number of us have our concerns about it as well. However, in the 'research' I have conducted on this new ranking system, so far, for 2009, I could tell Daniel that he is barely worse off under this new ranking system than he would have been under the old one (and yes, he is currently playing very close to the Grand Slam player cut-off in both lists). And I'd say that this is the case for a large number of his peers within his ranking group.

However, I will hastily add that we are only a little over 4 months into the season, and we won't start to see the full effects of this change in ranking system until the last few months. And yes, I am still expecting to find that we are right in having our concerns...

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 02:48 PM
For me, it depends EXACTLY what he is pissed off about.

Is it because he has possibly missed out on a direct acceptance place for Wimbledon? If so, the real blame lies with the current ADJUSTMENT that is going on to accommodate the new rankings format (i.e. doubling of 2008 points, and then simply replacing with the 2009 distribution). Obviously there is an end in sight with this (end of the season), so sadly it cannot be helped.

Or is he pissed off about the distribution of points for the individual events? He has pointed out the large disparity in points for the bigger challenger events...and certainly a number of us have our concerns about it as well. However, in the 'research' I have conducted on this new ranking system, so far, for 2009, I could tell Daniel that he is barely worse off under this new ranking system than he would have been under the old one (and yes, he is currently playing very close to the Grand Slam player cut-off in both lists). And I'd say that this is the case for a large number of his peers within his ranking group.

However, I will hastily add that we are only a litle over 4 months into the season, and we won't start to see the full effects of this change in ranking system until the last few months. And yes, I am still expecting to find that we are right in having our concerns...

It's the problem with the adjustments that it favours players that did better in the second half of the year, then the first half of the year. It's the individual points and the differentials between the two levels, which are attempting to create a 2 tier system.

We all understand that it's imperative to win matches on the ATP level, and not just do it all in challengers, well I mean they can do it once, but if they aren't good enough, then they won't defend eg Devilder who did make the Barca semis last year or Junquiera who can't win on tour.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
No, that just makes you a gloryhunter, who doesn't give a shit about the game and won't follow it, once Fed and Nadal are gone.

Not true. I love the game. I would always follow it probably, but maybe not as intensely as when Fed was around.

MacTheKnife
05-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Not true. I love the game. I would always follow it probably, but maybe not as intensely as when Fed was around.

Maybe you will be as fortunate as me and get to see your guy play for over 30 years. Mac still going strong on the champions tour and I watch every one of them. Although when he finally is done, I will still follow tennis as closely as ever.

RickDaStick
05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
unfortunately for Daniel and his low ranking buddies, no one really cares

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Maybe you will be as fortunate as me and get to see your guy play for over 30 years. Mac still going strong on the champions tour and I watch every one of them. Although when he finally is done, I will still follow tennis as closely as ever.

Yeah its very hard to imagine tennis after Fed. First i liked Pete, then Agassi and now Fed. As much as i liked Agassi i like Fed a lot more. Its hard to believe i can like anyone more then Fed. I figured he will at least play until the 2012 Olympics, but hopefully longer then that. Its cool that you still watch the senior tour, wonder if Fed would play it when hes done.

MacTheKnife
05-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah its very hard to imagine tennis after Fed. First i liked Pete, then Agassi and now Fed. As much as i liked Agassi i like Fed a lot more. Its hard to believe i can like anyone more then Fed. I figured he will at least play until the 2012 Olympics, but hopefully longer then that. Its cool that you still watch the senior tour, wonder if Fed would play it when hes done.

Frankly I hope so. Agassi is making his debut on the Champions Tour in Oct in Surprise, AZ. It should be great to see him against Mac, Pete, or Courier.

The one I watch is the Outback Champions Tour. They have 3 qualifications, you have to have been a top 5 player, been in a GS final, or been on a winning Davis Cup team. So it's some pretty solid competition. Edberg started this year too.

Xavier7
05-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I've gotta say I preferred the older ranking system.
The worst thing about the new system will make it much harder for new upcoming players like the next Murray or Del Potro to build up their ranking high enough to play the top tier tournaments as lower ATP events and Challengers are worth far less points relative to Slams and Masters Series than they used to be.
Assuming they don't get wildcards new players will need to win more Challengers to build up their ranking to start with than they used to.
Its also going to be a lot tougher now for players ranked just inside 100 who rely on Challengers for most of their points.

rafa_maniac
05-09-2009, 04:35 PM

There'll be another player who blows your socks off like Fed does around the corner, there always is, such is tennis - and sport in general :)

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 05:12 PM

They don't care at all about the game.

No, they don't and if you haven't seen it before, then you must be blind as a bat.

I'm dead serious here.

Exactly.

Johnny Groove
05-09-2009, 05:16 PM
The new system appears to simply add more rungs to the ranking ladder and creates a bigger "caste system" if you will.

The old system allowed players to seamlessly go from challenger to ATP events (well, at least easier than it is now).

This system puts so much weight on slams and TMS events. And especially the disparity between results.

For example, a QF TMS in the old system awarded 125 points compared to 500 for the winner, 4 times that amount.

Now, a QF TMS result nets 180 points compared to 1000 for the winner, over 5 and a half times that amount.

Basically, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Hey, at least tennis is representative of life as a whole now.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Are you happy now, Jonathan?

Johnny Groove
05-09-2009, 05:24 PM
With what, the new ranking system? Or that Blake is up a break against Davydenko?

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 05:26 PM
They don't care at all about the game.

No, they don't and if you haven't seen it before, then you must be blind as a bat.

I'm dead serious here.

Exactly.

They care no less about the game then you do. In fact they may even care more then you. All i ever here form you is how bad shape tennis is in and what a weak era we are in. I hardly call that appreciation.

Bazooka
05-09-2009, 05:28 PM
The new system appears to simply add more rungs to the ranking ladder and creates a bigger "caste system" if you will.

The old system allowed players to seamlessly go from challenger to ATP events (well, at least easier than it is now).

This system puts so much weight on slams and TMS events. And especially the disparity between results.

For example, a QF TMS in the old system awarded 125 points compared to 500 for the winner, 4 times that amount.

Now, a QF TMS result nets 180 points compared to 1000 for the winner, over 5 and a half times that amount.

Basically, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Hey, at least tennis is representative of life as a whole now.

Well, I don't have a problem with that concept, I found in the previous system it was too easy for a player to get many points without winning titles, or just by winning MM's. But maybe it's going too far, and grass is getting the shaft with no 500 event.

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
The sport is more important than the individual, then it doesn't help with an incompetent organisation in charge of the sport.

The bullshit of it all saying that they are changing the points because it's easier to understand for fans. Well the points they had before, it wasn't hard to check them out on the ATP site. It was just a way to preserve the bacon for the bigger pigs.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 05:31 PM
With what, the new ranking system? Or that Blake is up a break against Davydenko?

With the new ranking system, supported by your favorites.

They care no less about the game then you do. In fact they may even care more then you. All i ever here form you is how bad shape tennis is in and what a weak era we are in. I hardly call that appreciation.

There is absolutely no comparison between us, regarding how much each one of us cares about tennis.

I care about the sport, I couldn't care less about the players. You, on the other hand, just admitted being an absolute and complete gloryhunter.

Anyone who thinks tennis is in a good shape right now isn't a tennis fan.

Johnny Groove
05-09-2009, 05:32 PM
With the new ranking system, supported by your favorites.

Not really. What my favorite players think about the system is irrelevant to my opinion.

I prefer the old system.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Not really. What my favorite players think about the system is irrelevant to my opinion.

I prefer the old system.

You support them, you support their actions.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
There is absolutely no comparison between us, regarding how much each one of us cares about tennis.

I care about the sport, I couldn't care less about the players. You, on the other hand, just admitted being an absolute and complete gloryhunter.

Anyone who thinks tennis is in a good shape right now isn't a tennis fan.

So you think you are better then everyone around here? Where did i admit to be a gloryhunter? Maybe you are blind as a bat.

I find some of your posts intelligent but its obvious you take the piss half of the time around here.

Johnny Groove
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
You support them, you support their actions.

So if Stepanek is found out to be a doper, you would support it?

Faulty logic, mate.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM
So you think you are better then everyone around here? Where did i admit to be a gloryhunter? Maybe you are blind as a bat.

I find some of your posts intelligent but its obvious you take the piss half of the time around here.

Definitely.

You admitted you only care about Frauderer and Nadull.

I do take the piss 90% of the time around here, I'm not wasting my discourse on idiots. I think anyone fairly mediocre can realize when I'm joking and when I'm serious.

So if Stepanek is found out to be a doper, you would support it?

Faulty logic, mate.

Stepanek is not a doper, mate.

Contrary to some of your favorite players. You find no problem supporting them or their elitist, protectionist actions.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Definitely.

I do take the piss 90% of the time around here, I'm not wasting my discourse on idiots. I think anyone fairly mediocre can realize when I'm joking and when I'm serious.

Nothing wrong with caring about Fed and Rafa.

Ok so you just admitted people shouldnt take your posts seriously 90% of the time. I wonder why you post here if you are posting rubbsih 90% of the time. Thats pretty much an admittance that you dont have a life right there.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Nothing wrong with caring about Fed and Rafa.

Ok so you just admitted people shouldnt take your posts seriously 90% of the time. I wonder why you post here if you are posting rubbsih 90% of the time. Thats pretty much an admittance that you dont have a life right there.

When I joined this forum, it was bad but not as bad as it is now, full of imbeciles.

There's everything wrong with caring only about those two mugs.

nadal il mito
05-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Definitely.

Contrary to some of your favorite players. You find no problem supporting them or their elitist, protectionist actions.

mamma mia.:eek:
call a doctor, you need it.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 06:12 PM
When I joined this forum, it was bad but not as bad as it is now, full of imbeciles.

There's everything wrong with caring only about those two mugs.

Well maybe its time to move on then.

I hope for your sake the second statement was one of the 90% where you were taking the piss, or you are even more clueless then i first thought.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Well maybe its time to move on then.

I hope for your sake the second statement was one of the 90% where you were taking the piss, or you are even more clueless then i first thought.

If you think two players are bigger than the sport, you might be legally retarded.

Garson007
05-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Avoiding the question.

I though we had overcome the BAWWWWWWW moment concerning the new ranking system. Seems I was wrong.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Avoiding the question.

I though we had overcome the BAWWWWWWW moment concerning the new ranking system. Seems I was wrong.

Of course I wouldn't support him if he were convicted for doping. Only a person lacking absolute moral fibre would do that.

shotgun
05-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Daniel is just pissed off he cannot stay in the top 70 anymore by solely winning challengers in Colombia.

MacTheKnife
05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I have a lot of opinions about the old and new ranking system but, my honest opinion is if a player can't get in THIS top 100, then they sure as hell don't belong there.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Stop twisting his words.

I heard the interview live on TV. He spoke in the name of all players, he used examples and was pretty reasonable. He wasn't whining about his ranking.

He said that "from about the 70th player downwards, nobody is happy with how things are right now".

MacTheKnife
05-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Stop twisting his words.

I heard the interview live on TV. He spoke in the name of all players, he used examples and was pretty reasonable. He wasn't whining about his ranking.

He said that "from about the 70th player downwards, nobody is happy with how things are right now".

I wish I had heard the interview. (any link?) I absolutely agree that have made it a lot tougher on the low end. But I still believe if a player is talent worthy enough they can break through. There is another thread right now on lack of youngsters getting to the top, even before this system. I guess time will tell if the new point system will make it worse. My fear is if it does, will it be to late?? But the positive side is, only the most worthy players will make it.
Not sure that's been the case in the last few years.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I wish I had heard the interview. (any link?) I absolutely agree that have made it a lot tougher on the low end. But I still believe if a player is talent worthy enough they can break through. There is another thread right now on lack of youngsters getting to the top, even before this system. I guess time will tell if the new point system will make it worse. My fear is if it does, will it be to late?? But the positive side is, only the most worthy players will make it.
Not sure that's been the case in the last few years.

Doubt it. The TV called him during the DC broadcast, I doubt anyone recorded it to upload somewhere.

C'mon mate, stop this "talent" bullshit. The problem here is that the top players pushed for elitist and protectionist measures - i.e. they're acting only for their own purposes, leaving the lower-ranked players to wither. That's shameful.

MacTheKnife
05-09-2009, 07:09 PM
That is shameful if top players come up with this change. I did not know the details on how it was initiated. If it was to help improve the talent level in the sport that's one thing, but if it was simply political control by the upper echelon that's pathetic, not shameful.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 07:12 PM
That is shameful if top players come up with this change. I did not know the details on how it was initiated. If it was to help improve the talent level in the sport that's one thing, but if it was simply political control by the upper echelon that's pathetic, not shameful.

Well, if they didn't object, then they agreed, don't you agree with me?

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 07:15 PM
If you think two players are bigger than the sport, you might be legally retarded.

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Is that the only way you can have a debate?

Now go follow squash.

Action Jackson
05-09-2009, 07:16 PM

Well it was done by deVilliers as his last act before leaving the stage. The thing is that guys like Federer and Nadal, actually played quite a few Futures and Challengers, like you said they'd have got through eventually, but not all of them go through at rapid speeds, look at Ferrer, Simon and Davydenko it was same for them.

Of course this was done to protect the position of the top brass, because by the time they are on the way out, the system will have changed and through their position they will get wildcards on the decline.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? Is that the only way you can have a debate?

Now go follow squash.

I'm not putting anything anywhere. You were the one saying you just care for Fraud and Nadull.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm not putting anything anywhere. You were the one saying you just care for Fraud and Nadull.

Yes but i never said they were bigger then the sport, you must have dugg that out of your arse.

I dont even know why im still talking to you, considering you take the piss 90% of the time.

Garson007
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, if they didn't object, then they agreed, don't you agree with me?
Some just don't care? There are many time when we don't chose to condemn or condone something. This doesn't automatically make us a good/bad guy, just an apathetic one.

GlennMirnyi
05-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Some just don't care? There are many time when we don't chose to condemn or condone something. This doesn't automatically make us a good/bad guy, just an apathetic one.

If you don't care, you're accepting what the others decide, therefore agreeing with them.

It's not that hard, mate. ;)

Garson007
05-09-2009, 07:53 PM
If you don't care, you're accepting what the others decide, therefore agreeing with them.

:o Too black and white for my liking.

Your opinion is cool though, brother. :D

MacTheKnife
05-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Yes, I do agree with you and I wish I'd done a better job of keeping up with this when it it in process. It is a shame the the top players either do not, or appear not to care about the lower ranks. It's like, don't forget where you came from. Some of them obviously did just that. I just wonder how this is being monitored, if at all, to evaluate impact. Any good process or infrastructure change has pieces in place to evaluate results. That is key to solid infrastructure, to build, modify, or dismantle. Obviously this was a modification of which the results should be continually monitored.

Sunset of Age
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Yes, I do agree with you and I wish I'd done a better job of keeping up with this when it it in process. It is a shame the the top players either do not, or appear not to care about the lower ranks. It's like, don't forget where you came from. Some of them obviously did just that. I just wonder how this is being monitored, if at all, to evaluate impact. Any good process or infrastructure change has pieces in place to evaluate results. That is key to solid infrastructure, to build, modify, or dismantle. Obviously this was a modification of which the results should be continually monitored.

I agree with it being utter shameful from the Top Dogs that they haven't protested when this change was initiated by Mr. Disney (his final 'Greatest Hit' :mad: :mad: :mad:). It is obvious that it would benefit them and do harm to the lower ranked players. It is well-known that the ATP is all about making as much as $$$$$$$$ possible rather than being a players' association, so it was to be expected from them to initiate the change, but it is despicable from the top players to keep their mouths shut about it.

ORGASMATRON
05-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I agree with it being utter shameful from the Top Dogs that they haven't protested when this change was initiated by Mr. Disney (his final 'Greatest Hit' :mad: :mad: :mad:). It is obvious that it would benefit them and do harm to the lower ranked players. It is well-known that the ATP is all about making as much as $$$$$$$$ possible rather than being a players' association, so it was to be expected from them to initiate the change, but it is despicable from the top players to keep their mouths shut about it.

Yup, couldnt agree more.