Grass Season 2009 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grass Season 2009

Kezzi
05-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Maybe it's a little early to open this thread already, but I have a question to open this thread with :)

In 's-Hertogenbosch Micka and Nico are both on the entry list, which one do you think Arno will team up with for doubles? :)

Usually I say Rosmalen instead of 's-Herto, but I love to bother foreigners with that name :p I think I might ask Arno to pronounce it when I get the chance to talk to him :devil: When one of my French friends visits NL and we go to Amsterdam, I'll always let them try to pronounce "Nieuwezijds voorburgwal" :lol: (It's quite a big street in A'dam, I should invite Arno, let him ask people where it is and film that, would be a hit in the cinema :rolls: )

soulage
05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Little Nico & Little Arno is a very sexy team and even with a first round exit they're in the ATP gallery :D

http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/photos/gallery/2009/belgrade/tues2.jpg

But the more efficient especially on grass must be with Micka

http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/photos/gallery/2007/doublesrules/12.jpg

I'm not sure Micka will play doubles every weeks so he could not play this one. The Doubles Entry list is out 2 or 1 week before the tournament but sometimes we don't have it :o.

Rosmalen is more easy to say and more easy to write :D Arno speaking NL but more fun than in english but in english it's already.

Kezzi
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Great pics you posted! :lol: Especially the one with Micka, it's new to me :)

It's a shame he can't enter in two teams, because I would love to see him play together with both :p
I agree that on grass Micka is the better choice and I never actually saw them play together irl... I missed the doubles matches in R'dam, because of the bad schedule there :(
So I guess I hope Micka, because I think there will be more chances to see him play together with little Nico :) (it sounds cute, little Arno and little Nico :hearts: )

I think when French people speak English it's very cute instead of funny :) But Dutch seems to be a horrible language to learn, at least that's what I've heard :p

soulage
05-27-2009, 06:41 PM
An extract froml'equipe.fr interview
«Cette année, j'ai joué beaucoup de tournois pour une seule raison : j'ai beaucoup envie de jouer. Je me sens bien physiquement, mentalement. Quand je sentirai de la lassitude, je prendrai une ou deux semaines de repos.»
Arno says that if he plays a lot since the start of the year it was because he has the desire to play and feels well physically & mentally well. I reports this here cos he entered Newport :eek: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=8628700#post8628700

What's happen with his tradionnal holidays after wim ? maybe cos all the points he had to defend :confused: but what schedule this year ! He can still withdraw.

kukka
05-28-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't remember if this is mentioned anywhere yet, but Arnaud is playing at Nottingham challenger (on grass) next week. Or at least he's on the entry list.

Elina

Cerise
05-28-2009, 07:16 PM
What's happen with his tradionnal holidays after wim ? maybe cos all the points he had to defend :confused: but what schedule this year ! He can still withdraw.
Yes, he will probably need to take points at Newport to be admitted at the U.S. open.

He may go on holidays after Newport.

Via
05-29-2009, 09:49 AM
lol we're already thinking after the grass season... guess nothing lasts very long this year :p

if he turns up at every tournament that he can enter, great! especially for his fans, if only they can see one match.

soulage
05-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't remember if this is mentioned anywhere yet, but Arnaud is playing at Nottingham challenger (on grass) next week. Or at least he's on the entry list.
He has withdraw today ;) The field is not very tough so it could have been a good way to win some points but as it's a 50000$ he would have need to go at least in final. Anyway i think he needs rest for his old body lol and for his head.

Extract from his press-conference
Q. Quel est ton programme immédiat ?
R. Je vais jouer à Halle, S-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon et après j'irai jouer un autre tournoi à New Port aux Etats-Unis. Après onverra mon classement mais c'est dans longtemps tout cela.

The grass season will be
Halle
St'Hertogenbosh
Wimbledon
Newport

Kezzi
05-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Halle & 's-Hertogenbosch: Can't wait :bounce:
;)

kukka
05-29-2009, 05:27 PM
It was no surprise that he withdrew from Nottingham. ;) Hopefully he'll get enough grass court match practice before Wimbledon. :)

Elina

soulage
05-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Halle & 's-Hertogenbosch: Can't wait :bounce:
;)
I hope you go early in the Halle tournament cos there are amazing players in the field and it will be tough for Arno to win matches there.
And i'm shocked Arno should play the double with Rainer Schuettler in Halle :eek: A non french speaker partner and especially Rainer are quite surprising and Rainer is out of form atm. http://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/players-field/doppelfeld-2009/

Cerise
05-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, it is surprising.

After English, Arno may wish to learn German :eek:.
C'est pas gagné!

Schuettler is a good grass player.

Kezzi
05-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I'll go on Monday and leave Thursday :)
But Halle is a great tournament, I love it there even if Arno isn't playing ;) One minor thing is that you can't get to the training courts, but I can't think of anything else...

Rainer, yeah, it's really an unexpected choice :eek: If I see Arno, I'll ask him about it ;) But who knows, maybe Rainer speaks excellent French? :p
Anyway, I'll see Arno again the next week in Rosmalen :D

Via
05-31-2009, 01:40 AM
rainer... didn't he beat arnaud in wimbly to get to the semis a couple of years ago? they've had tough matches these two, in melbourne as well.... but somehow have grown a lot of mutual respect! that's the way to go, in the end when all is over, only friendships remain (let's hope) :cool:

kukka
06-03-2009, 07:22 PM
In Rosmalen Arnaud plays doubles with Marc Gicquel. :)

Elina

Kezzi
06-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks for sharing!
Didn't expect that combo at all :p
Hopefully Marc will take a new pic of us with Arno... Last year he did, because there was no other person around I'd trusted enough to hand over my camera :lol:

Marine
06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
:o

I'm still following Roland Garros, that sounds a bit weird for me to think grass period has come... yeah, I don't want to see these tournaments, it's too soon ! Just a pity wimbledon is 2/3 weeks after RG...

soulage
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm wondering with whom he will team up in Wim :confused: if he plays of course cos he changes his partner each tournament and seems having totally stop to play with Micka.
Micka plays double with Bennet in Queens the week before while he isn't in the entry list of Rosmalen. Since their title in Marseille Arno&Micka no more play together maybe there are others reasons than the injuries and the DC plan cos in a way it's a bit strange now :confused:

I think the grass season will be quite frightened to follow with all the points to defend :bolt:

soulage
06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Halle is starting

He draws Jurgen Melzer first round. It could have been more easy but also more tough. They're 1-1 in the Head to Head.

Arno & his new buddy Rainer draw Santoro & Serra. Funny he plays against an all french team :cool: he could speak french during the match even it's with his opponents lol.

Kezzi
06-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks, I'm soooo looking forward to going :D
(And asking him why he chose to team up with Rainer :p )

Marine
06-06-2009, 07:45 PM
(And asking him why he chose to team up with Rainer :p )

= no choice, I think
We all know his "love" of foreign languages, maybe he hided his perfect command of german from us :lol:

Kezzi
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Who knows :lol:
If he did hide it very well, that means I don't need to learn French anymore to communicate properly with him :p

soulage
06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Tomorrow Arno plays on court 1 at noon so no livestream :sad: but anyway it's at the lunch time :devil:. Good luck ! Later in the afternoon he will play with Rainer.

Arno watching Rainer vs Gicquel

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1347/13780727.pnghttp://img194.imageshack.us/img194/962/30489784.png

Via
06-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Arno & his new buddy Rainer draw Santoro & Serra. Funny he plays against an all french team :cool: he could speak french during the match even it's with his opponents lol.

:lol:

= no choice, I think
We all know his "love" of foreign languages, maybe he hided his perfect command of german from us :lol:

:lol:

maybe rainer actually knows french! anyhow it'll be a big ask for them to talk and not let their opponents hear them. so kezzi you'll be going on tuesday? so good for you!

i only got to see highlights from the men's final at RG last night. i'm very out of tennis at the moment. but if anyone's interested in the beijing tournament in october... i hope i can be your rep there ;)

soulage
06-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Loss 6-1/3-6/2-6 :o

According the stats it seems that after the first set he was no more able to hit first serve only 35% in second set :eek:. Well it's a pity to win so easily the first set to finally lost.
The grass season could be a nightmare this year :devil:. He needs a serve and a very good draw to save his spot in # 100 now.

Cerise
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Loss 6-1/3-6/2-6 :o

According the stats it seems that after the first set he was no more able to hit first serve only 35% in second set :eek:. Well it's a pity to win so easily the first set to finally lost.
As usual...

soulage
06-09-2009, 12:43 PM
He was only broken one time in the second with that % :eek: To be honest i'm sure Melzer played poorly at the beginning of the match making many faults and after he has surely been more solid giving no more points to Arno but that's true that this awful stats doesn't help him.

I will do some points projection this evening to see how could be his ranking after Wim.

Via
06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
He was only broken one time in the second with that % :eek: To be honest i'm sure Melzer played poorly at the beginning of the match making many faults and after he has surely been more solid giving no more points to Arno but that's true that this awful stats doesn't help him.

I will do some points projection this evening to see how could be his ranking after Wim.

points projection... assuming he'll lose every first round? :devil::devil: :p

sorry have to ask - had his serve been this bad in the clay season?

soulage
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM
points projection... assuming he'll lose every first round? :devil::devil: :p

Yes of course :angel:

sorry have to ask - had his serve been this bad in the clay season?
Well, it's very up & down. In the A0 against Stakhovky he won a set with under 30% of first set for exemple. On clay he made some good matches on serve in Barcelona especially. It's not regular as in this match 65% in the first & 35% in the second :rolleyes:.
For sure it's a problem but as there were no livestream i don't for today cos he won many points on second serve = 62% while he won 61% on first so in a way it was better to serve second ball lol. I think he's not enough agressiv many times but as we won modern tennis is very powerful so it more tough for arno.

Rain has interrupted the double. They're one set & a break up.

Edit Doubles match is finished they won 63 62 losing only 8 points on their serves. Next round against Kas&Kohli.

Via
06-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Yes of course :angel:

Well, it's very up & down. In the A0 against Stakhovky he won a set with under 30% of first set for exemple. On clay he made some good matches on serve in Barcelona especially. It's not regular as in this match 65% in the first & 35% in the second :rolleyes:.
For sure it's a problem but as there were no livestream i don't for today cos he won many points on second serve = 62% while he won 61% on first so in a way it was better to serve second ball lol. I think he's not enough agressiv many times but as we won modern tennis is very powerful so it more tough for arno.

Rain has interrupted the double. They're one set & a break up.

Edit Doubles match is finished they won 63 62 losing only 8 points on their serves. Next round against Kas&Kohli.

lol hurray for rainer!!! ;)

soulage
06-10-2009, 07:13 PM
The frenchies was watching Jo vs Haas this evening.

Arno is happy Flo doesn't manage to move his arm lol

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7682/55532267.jpg

They play the double quarter tomorrow.

Kezzi
06-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I just got back from Halle :)

And my report can be short :p
The match against Melzer; they both didn't play very well. At first Arno started well, but overall it wasn't an exciting match to watch. Every time I wanted to take a pic, the point was already played... Don't think I have a lot of decent ones :( Also lots of complaining on both sides, Melzer ssssh-ing the crowd, Arno and the ballkids of course...
The highlight was that Arno attacked me (not on purpose) during that match :lol: Melzer's serve was really hard and Arno mishit, firing that ball directly at me. I was looking for something in my bag and suddenly felt a ball hitting the back of the chair pretty hard, I felt the wind on my back. I heard Arno say "hopla", so I looked up and he gave me the cutest smile :hearts: I still thank my labello, because I didn't think I could've avoided that ball :eek:

Doubles with Rainer: I looooooooooooooooove them together :D
They were smiling a lot and it really looked like they had a lot of fun together. I was happy to be at that match, it was really nice to watch. I do hate rain delays, because his doubles today should start at 12:00 and when we had to leave around 16:00, they still weren't on court :(

And now the really big news:
Bruno was with him :bounce:
And he will be in Rosmalen too! :D
I really like seeing them together, they look so cute when walking to the training courts :p

Other than that there's nothing exciting to tell you guys... Or you should be interested in me beating Andreas Beck at the showstage, shooting balls trough holes in a wall ;) I got 1 in out of 6, he got none :p And I don't even play tennis :lol:

soulage
06-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Great you're back. It looks like your Labello saved you from tennis spectators's injuries lol. It's nice you see him play but less nice if it was a poor match from both :rolleyes:

Unfortunatly Rainer & Arno lost yesterday in the super tie-break 11-13 after having MP but they seem to be a competive team. And congrats for your win over Beck :bowdown:

higherlaw
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
:hug:Thanks for the report! Looking forward to your pictures. I assume your sister was with you?

ah, Labello! Can't buy it in the US :sad: !

Kezzi
06-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I'll have to see when I have time to upload the pics, I'm going to Rosmalen on Sunday and I have test on Monday, so for now it's study, study, study :(

I reread my post and I forgot to type 'not' at the part where I'm talking about the attack, of course he didn't do that on purpose :p I do forget to type words when I'm tired, but I just wanted to let you know about Halle :)

I agree Rainer and Arno are a good team, they really played well against Santoro/ Serra :D

And to answer your question Higherlaw: my sister was in Londen with school, but she's coming with me to Rosmalen :)

Really? You can't buy Labello in the US? :eek:
Thanks for telling me, if I ever go to the US, I'll pack a bunch of them, because I can't live without Labello ;)

soulage
06-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Even with the rain i hope your sunday was good :angel:

Let's talk about Arno now :mad: Is still tennis player i think ? :devil: Very long rain delay. Arno should have started his match around 1 PM but only started at 6 PM after a first apparition on scoreboard at 4.00 PM. So I assume he was made nervous by the wait :rolleyes: but it's not a reason to loose like that against Kunitsyn :o. In first set Arno missed 2 BP at 2-1 to be broken the following game and after I wondered if he was still on court ??? He was broken an other time by love and Igor finished the set with his third love game of the set. From 2-1 to 2-6 in 29 minutes losing 8 points in a row. I didn't follow the second set but it was also very poor according the stats.

He had a lovely draw Rosmalen and made an amazingly poor match or Igor played the match of his life on grass :cuckoo:. As i said before the problem is not losing but the way he lost. Today the conditions was not easy but the same for both players and Arno has been ridiculous.

Since Barcelona it's hard to find things really positives in his game and now he must feel the pression of Wimbledon points :scared:. He repeats that he wants continu the tennis for a long time and has a lot of fun but the court since the middle of clay season says quite the opposite. He seems to be more and more passive on court and in a way he has lost a big part of his fighting spirit when he lost first set he's near of match loss. All that match vs Zverev, Cipolla, Ruben Ramirez or Rochus are his days.

He will 32 at the end of the year :bdaycake: or i'm wondering what can be the fun for a former top 10 player GS finalist losing in little challengers while he could quiet at home :nerner:. And what you do think he will do after retirement ? We can forgot trainer for the ballkids lol and i don't see him as a trainer but anyway he will continu to play even it's in a poor way. As long he will feel fit he will try.

Kezzi
06-14-2009, 09:39 PM
It was horrible today, the organisation of the tournament sucks more every year :rolleyes:
But I'll type a more detailed report tomorrow, I need sleep, because I have an exam tomorrow and have to get up at 7:00 am :p
But I just wanted to let you guys know that the circumstances were far from how they should be at an atp tourney... :(

kukka
06-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Arnaud Clément & Marc Gicquel def. Rogier Wassen & Igor Zelenay 6-4, 6-2 :D

Elina

Marine
06-16-2009, 08:42 PM
A win :eek:

soulage
06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes but in double and against Wassen & Zelenay :angel: Tomorrow it will be more tough against Norman and Woodie. Little Arno against this two giants lol

soulage
06-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Arno can prepare his bag for Newport. He draws Nadal first round :rocker2: and if Nadal pulls out lately cos of his knees it should be Hewitt in second round :aparty:. http://twitter.com/Wimbledon?promo=FanZoneTwitterHm

After missing the most lovely draw in Rosmalen he has an horrible one in Wimbledon :bigwave: He has no chances :sad:

I just read that if Nadal pulls out before OOP on sunday he will be replaced by fifth seed and not LL and fifth seed is Del Potro. If Arno is not yet in London maybe he should only take three Tee-shirts and one short to avoid too much luggages :devil:

soulage
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
After losing in first round against Nadal or Del Potro :devil: Arnaud will play doubles with Marco vs Koubek and Sela. But if they'll manage to win this one there will be Dlouhy/Paes or Fish/Blake next so it's OK for Arno he can prepare some holidays before Newport :cool:

Pepi.
06-19-2009, 01:36 PM
horrible draw :hysteric:

Marine
06-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Three shirts = 3 sets ? lol
Well, I guess you're right. It's depressing, this draw.
At least, he will play on the famous centre court (personly I don't think this court great !)

He will lose all his points...:mad:

soulage
06-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Three shirts = 3 sets ? lol
Well, I guess you're right. It's depressing, this draw.
At least, he will play on the famous centre court (personly I don't think this court great !)

He will lose all his points...:mad:
Yes 3 tee-shirts for three sets :devil:

Nadal is out so Arno will play Del Potro what is worst imo :o. I think it will be a very short match. Del Potro will hit aces, great forehands, lovely backhands and Arnie will explosed after few points :rolleyes: I'm not sure it will be played on center court since it will surely be Roger who will open the tournament :confused:

Anyway a bad draw can happen, i think the regrets are for Rosmalen this week :mad: it's a pity cos it's a GS but that's life.

Marine
06-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Ou alors (version autrement plus optimiste): lol

Del Potro will totally choke, after such a great Roland Garros !
It happens sometimes... (remember Ivanovic the last year, etc...)

soulage
06-19-2009, 07:21 PM
I think Del Potro is too solid to choke like Ivanovic lol. He's never in doubt :armed:.

My optimistic version is Arno taking him one set as last year in Rosmalen but even for that i don't believe a lot :devil:. I don't remember such a poor grass season for Arno :sad:. What expect for Newport ?

Via
06-20-2009, 12:27 AM
this is just bad bad news all around :sobbing:

soulage
06-20-2009, 01:25 PM
In the article about the retirement of Nadal in l'equipe today there is one sentence of Arno "Nadal, franchement, c'était pas un truc qui m'excitait. Mais Del Potro, ça ne me réjouit pas non plus."

Arno seems in a bad mood he said that he wasn't excited by a meet with Rafa but Del Potro doesn't enjoy him either. I think he will enter on court and not take a lot of pleasure. Roger will open the tournament instead of Rafa that means Arno will play tuesday.

Marine
06-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Bad mood during his match... :bolt: good luck to the staff working on the court...

higherlaw
06-20-2009, 04:55 PM
I laughed when I read this sentence in today's Washington Post:

'Surely the only happy soul belonged to Arnaud Clement of France, who had drawn Nadal as his first-round opponent.'

Here's the full article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/19/AR2009061903207.html

Hangdog
06-20-2009, 06:46 PM
this is just bad bad news all around :sobbing:
Good news is that Nico has a nice draw :angel:
In the article about the retirement of Nadal in l'equipe today there is one sentence of Arno "Nadal, franchement, c'était pas un truc qui m'excitait. Mais Del Potro, ça ne me réjouit pas non plus."

Arno seems in a bad mood he said that he wasn't excited by a meet with Rafa but Del Potro doesn't enjoy him either. I think he will enter on court and not take a lot of pleasure. Roger will open the tournament instead of Rafa that means Arno will play tuesday.
Well, I do understand that this first round and the prospect of losing 500 points suck big time, but such attitude won't help either. Hope Nolwenn will be able to come and improve Arnaud's mood a bit!
And actually JMDP is not the worst out of top players to face. It's clear that Arnaud won't have too many chances but he can try at least to pull a good fight and enjoy the game. I'm sure English public still remembers his epic victory in doubles and will be on his side unless he unleashes his inner bad boy.

soulage
06-22-2009, 09:37 AM
If he speaks like that it's also cos he knows his level when you lost poorly to Kunitsyn it's tough to believe you can beat Del Potro :devil:.

Today long article about the heroe of last year :angel: and he explains that he played two bad tournaments on grass :rolleyes: that's he doesn't know exactly where he's is in his tennis. It's not very clear in his head. That's why he would have prefer a better draw and he also knows that his ranking would be less interesting in two weeks. He says he will have to go back in the qualies and the challengers but he's not afraid by that cos he takes the same fun in challenger that on ATP events :confused:. He said that he was happy for exemple when he won Cherbourg :cool:.

Last year Wimbledon gave him again the desire and he has so good memories there with doubles titles and his quarter last year that's why he's excited to refind the courts. But the sentence of this article is "Vous voyez, malgré ma nullité du moment, je reste positif" :haha:

Marine
06-22-2009, 04:57 PM
J'adore :lol:
Merci soulage !
We should write his sentences in a book ! lol
But he's true at 100%, "malgré sa nullité", il s'éclate. A sa façon.

Just a pity he didn't talk about double... I would like to know why he doen't not play with micka...they have not played together since marseille, that's weird ! :confused:

Kezzi
06-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I laughed when I read this sentence in today's Washington Post:

'Surely the only happy soul belonged to Arnaud Clement of France, who had drawn Nadal as his first-round opponent.'

Here's the full article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/19/AR2009061903207.html
Like he can be happy to play Del Potro instead :lol:

One of my friends said "I don't think any draw will be good for Arno at the moment" :o :tape:

Kezzi
06-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Good news is that Nico has a nice draw :angel:
Nico plays 'my' Nico :p I would love to see that match, two cute Nicos on court, couldn't get much better :angel:
Btw, I have pics of Nico watching Arno and Marc's double in Rosmalen, I just don't have time to post them or the little report, hopefully next week, since it's the last week of school this week :)

Well, I do understand that this first round and the prospect of losing 500 points suck big time, but such attitude won't help either. Hope Nolwenn will be able to come and improve Arnaud's mood a bit!
And actually JMDP is not the worst out of top players to face. It's clear that Arnaud won't have too many chances but he can try at least to pull a good fight and enjoy the game. I'm sure English public still remembers his epic victory in doubles and will be on his side unless he unleashes his inner bad boy.
I agree! A mood change will help a lot imo :)

Kezzi
06-22-2009, 06:02 PM
J'adore :lol:
Merci soulage !
We should write his sentences in a book ! lol
But he's true at 100%, "malgré sa nullité", il s'éclate. A sa façon.

Just a pity he didn't talk about double... I would like to know why he doen't not play with micka...they have not played together since marseille, that's weird ! :confused:
I would like to know that too!
But he did a have a lot of fun with Marc in Rosmalen, I like them as a doubles team :D

soulage
06-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Arno is scheduled on court 1 first match. It's a big court Arno has to show somes good things :boxing:.

Marine
06-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Is Court 1 not nicknamed the cemetery of the champions ?? :D lol

Kezzi
06-22-2009, 07:02 PM
That sounds promising ;)

soulage
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Is Court 1 not nicknamed the cemetery of the champions ?? :D lol
It's the court 2 think

confirmation it's the two http://autres-sports.le10sport.com/tennis/demarrage-poussif-pour-tsonga_295100_a so Del Potro is lucky the court is not hanted

Marine
06-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Et m.... j'y ai cru l'espace d'un instant, ça changeait tout ! LOL

Via
06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
thanks everyone, great posts, great links, great everything... except for little arnaud, nothing is so great...

it's a shame to see what a difference a year makes... last year he did so well on grass, this year he's not likely to win even one match (singles)!!!

i just hope he won't make the english crowd his enemy too. dignity is all one has when one loses everything else :shrug:

edit: how come i still see his match scheduled on court 1 on wimbly's official site? has arno been bribing the officials? lol

soulage
06-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Lost first set 3-6 broken in the first game and in the last one. In the game he's not riducouls for the moment but too many DF 2 in the first game and in 2 the last one and of course UE. Del Potro hits amazing serve when he's in danger. I stopped to follow other things to do for me. I put again an eye poor me and Arno is no more able to serve all the balls goes in the middle of the net or he does Df. He's seeking now 0-3 in the second. But the serve of Arno is whoaaa.

Via
06-23-2009, 01:06 PM
losing 3-0 now in 2nd... that's the night for me! good luck

Kezzi
06-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Arno lost the 2nd set 6-1, he took a break, guess toilet or something before starting the 3rd set :)

higherlaw
06-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Arnaud's smile after he won that challenge. A bright spot in an otherwise bad match.

soulage
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
So i stopped at 0-3 in the second and it seems the supplice has continued :devil:. Until 3-5 in the first set it was quite correct from Arno and today Del Potro was not on fire except his great serve of course :angel:. After the break in the second set Arno has totally go down it was like he has an heavy pression on his shoulders :unsure: while he was the outsider. It was surely his poorest match since last year :o.

In the FFT audio http://www.fft.fr/wimbledon/2009/?ID=5065 Arno explains that today he has played very poorly :tennis: and it's not the new dimension of Del Potro who has beat him. His poor serve had surely made him played more poorly in the others domains. And as there was no exchanges he didn't find rythm and for him there was no match today :cool:. He said that he has already served so badly but he doesn't find reasons for that. He considers that his ranking after Wimbledon will reflect his level :secret:. He says that he loves tennis not like today of course :lol: but he likes generally and for him it's not a problem to be #50 or #120 :rolleyes:.

In a way the opponent was not the problem today it was Arno his poor fight :smash: and his Dementieva serve :ras:. I already see him serve poorly but like that :eek:.

In others article we can find some sentences like the one where he says that the american season will be a good test to see if he's able to react.
Clément, également aligné en double avec Marc Gicquel, entamera ensuite la tournée américaine sur dur, avec le tournoi de Newport. Cette partie de la saison sera "un bon test pour voir si je suis capable de réagir et de redresser la barre."

And as expected he was bored on court :devil:
LA PHRASE DU JOUR :
Arnaud Clément : "Aujourd'hui, je ne me suis pas amusé, je me suis ennuyé".

Marine
06-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Arnaud /Marc won 6/2 6/4 2/6 7/6 ;)

Via
06-26-2009, 06:55 AM
:eek: who lost to them? lol

saw hewitt beat del potro last night... so much for del potro's great grass skills. kezzi's friend is right, every draw is a tough draw for poor arno!

kukka
06-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Arnaud is with Mika at the Newport doubles entry list. :)

Elina

soulage
06-26-2009, 08:21 PM
It would have been nice but Mika is injured and will surely withdraw in the next days :unsure:. Nico Mahut & Santoro play together that means no more french speaker for Arno lol.

Kezzi
06-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Is Rainer there? He can team up with him again, looked like they had fun in Halle and they played well together :)

Hangdog
06-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Today they lost in doubles too (in 3 straight sets against Blake/Fish), so the grass season is officially over.

And I'm just wondering if Arnaud plays worse in singles or in doubles at the moment :o
Btw, I have pics of Nico watching Arno and Marc's double in Rosmalen, I just don't have time to post them or the little report, hopefully next week, since it's the last week of school this week :)
I'll be looking forward to it ;)

Kezzi
06-27-2009, 07:43 PM
:sad:

Don't get too excited, you only see his back on them :lol:
I had Bruno sitting in front of me one chair to the left, a girl (didn't know her, but looked like a tennis player too) directly in front of me and Nico sitting beside her one chair to the right.
Didn't choose those seats on purpose, they sold lots of ground tickets and Michaella Krajicek played the match before them, so the court was full :eek: Luckily there was room for Nico, because the seats where they were sitting were reserved for players/coaches :) Somewhere in the middle of the match I plucked those stickers off him and Bruno's back, they didn't even notice, but I just couldn't let them walk away with those stickers attached on their shirts :lol:

At the end of the match when Nico was out of sight my sister went "Who was that?!" - "Nico Devilder" - She: "Oh, he has a familiar face..."
And finally she agreed with me that he resembles Jason Mraz in a strange way :p

A little off topic :angel:

soulage
06-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Today they lost in doubles too (in 3 straight sets against Blake/Fish), so the grass season is officially over.

And I'm just wondering if Arnaud plays worse in singles or in doubles at the moment :o
Newport is on grass so not over yet but soon. Rainer won't go in Newport so they can't team up together. His double ranking should be around #60after wim if he doesn't team up with high ranked guys it won't be easy to enter the draws.

Via
07-06-2009, 12:24 PM
now for a change... i'm the first with some news! :lol:

newport singles
[5] CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA vs BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA

seeded? :eek:

newport doubles
[3] KERR, Jordan AUS/RAM, Rajeev USA vs CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA/ROCHUS, Olivier BEL

what an amazing (=short) pair, must be fun to watch!

higherlaw
07-06-2009, 07:07 PM
now for a change... i'm the first with some news! :lol:

newport singles
[5] CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA vs BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA

seeded? :eek:

newport doubles
[3] KERR, Jordan AUS/RAM, Rajeev USA vs CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA/ROCHUS, Olivier BEL

what an amazing (=short) pair, must be fun to watch!

:wavey: good job, Via!

Newport is an awesome place!

higherlaw
07-08-2009, 07:03 PM
He loses in Newport...darn...

A Bogomolov Jr. defeats (5) A Clement 16 63 64

But, given the loss of Moncourt, it's really insignificant...

soulage
07-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Yes insignificant

On tennis perpective when you lost to Bogomolov you must be near to have hit the rock bottom. 8 DF for 2 aces and 49% of first serve. He's #128 he's 31 and he's in a big crisis of confidence so he's surely asking questions to himself atm but tennis career is definitely not important.
As he enters Aptos and Newport to avoid USO qualies i hope he won't be too much frustated and will find pleasure again :hug: even if i think he's totally burned out and that his schedule crazy.

My little summary of the match. He won first set 6-1 but has struggled on each service game with only 45% of first serve. In the second set he broke back at 1-3 to be broken again at 3-4 to finally lost the set winning only 22% behind his first serve :eek: which. He was broken on first game of last set after having 2 GP on the AD. He had 3 BP in a row the following game which helped him to break back on the last one. He lost the match at 4-4 broken for the fouth times. He was totally under pressure on almost all his service games. In the game he should not be great either. He was lucky to break Junior in each games he had BP otherwise he would have been worst on scoreboard.

Kezzi
07-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Don't you guys think he was also dealing with the loss of Mathieu? I was surprised to see Benneteau play today, but he also lost and didn't seem to care. Recouderc retired in Scheveningen, I kind of expected Benneteau to do the same...
I think they might not go for it like they normally would, because of this tragedy.
Of course I don't know how well they know eachother, but to me they seem like a very close group. It must be very hard for them. :sad:

And on the being 31 and ranked #128, Nico Lapentti is around the same place and will be 33 in a month, he still enjoys it, so I hope for Arno it will be the same and he'll have fun no matter what his ranking is :)
To me it doesn't seem like he's so troubled at all when I've seen him in Halle and Rosmalen :shrug:

soulage
07-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm ok that Arno should do like Nico Lapentti and only target pleasure enjoying tennis instead of running after the points because it's not so important.
You know it's the first win of Junior on main tour since march 2006 :eek: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2009/07/Newport-Wednesday-Bogomolov-Jr-Ousts-Clement.aspx

Kezzi
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Actually I'm ok with everything Arno wants to play for as long as he keeps playing for a few years :p No, I'm kidding, he should enjoy himself, as you said, that's the most important :)

I read that too :eek:

soulage
07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Cos of rain there was no matches on court 2 and center cour and all the crowd goes to court 1 and according Bogomolov post match interview Arno argued with A the crowd :rolleyes: So expected. http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=4314412&campaign=rss&source=TENNISHeadlines Otherwise doubles have been postponed.

NEWPORT, R.I. -- Alex Bogomolov Jr. unexpectedly found himself in the spotlight at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships on Wednesday, upsetting fifth-seeded Arnaud Clement of France 1-6, 6-3, 6-4 in the opening round of the rain-hampered event.Playing in the one of the few mid-afternoon matches, Bogomolov beat Clement in front of an unusually large crowd on a side court.
Heavy rain halted the only three matches that were played Tuesday. Despite bright sunshine, center court and one of the two side courts were still soggy Wednesday. Officials were uncertain when the grounds crew could get center court in playable condition.
Three of the matches scheduled for one of the side courts were postponed.
In other opening-round matches, Nicholas Mahut of France beat American Amer Delic 6-4, 6-4, while sixth-seeded Philipp Petzschner of Germany defeated Horacio Zeballos of Argentina 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-2 in match that started Tuesday.
With fans two and three rows deep standing behind one of the baselines, 180th-ranked Bogomolov won his first ATP Tour match since beating Sam Querrey in the second round of Miami in March 2006.
"I don't know how to prepare for that," Bogomolov said of the unexpected crowd. "I don't know why it didn't bother me like it did him."
Bogomolov, who was born in Moscow but now lives in Miami, broke Clement's serve in the ninth game of the final set to take control.
He had left wrist surgery in March and lost four Challenger events this year.
"Tennis is tough," Bogomolov said with a smile. "I come back and lose four Challenger events, go to Wimbledon and lose in the first round and come here and beat the 59th player in the world."

Few days ago Arno also said few words about french tennis in a local newspaper http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090706/SPORTS/907060341/-1/rss04

Via
07-08-2009, 11:43 PM
thanks for the news and reports, everyone :yeah:

arno continues his summer tradition of first round losses so it's not surprising... but yes the losses are getting worse

a stupid question but... why can't he fix his serve? to me it's the easiest shot to practise on your own... aging players don't usually lose their serve that much, more so mobility, reflexes etc