Yay French Federation, You Got Exactly What You Wanted. Nice Try Anyway, Andy. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Yay French Federation, You Got Exactly What You Wanted. Nice Try Anyway, Andy.

Pages : [1] 2

Deboogle!.
04-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Rome is next week and Andy actually has significant points to defend.... Where will he even be coming from and when will he arrive? Who knows? :D When's the last time he picked up a racquet? Who knows? :D That means Andy will probably win the title :D

Tytta!.
04-21-2009, 09:31 PM
thanks, captain :D

Kate87
i love you debs :haha:

oh and vamos andy. :haha:

Deboogle!.
i love you too :smooch:

tangerine_dream
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Andy should just honeymoon through the clay season and come back in time for grass. :cool:

tennis lover
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Next week already? :eek: that is a short honeymoon! :o I might actually get to watch some tennis next week since I hand in my big project on Monday. :banana: don't screw it up for me Andy. :armed:

ANDY (a.k.a clay God) FOR THE WIN! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

tennis lover
04-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Andy should just honeymoon through the class season and come back in time for grass. :cool:
grass is the class season! ;)

tangerine_dream
04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
grass is the class season! ;)
:haha: I meant clay season.

But I agree, grass is classier. :p

tsurupettan
04-21-2009, 11:06 PM
:yeah: title.

Andy to take Rome. :cool: ;)

Fumus
04-22-2009, 08:01 PM
These would only be significant points if we didn't really think he was going to compete in the summer hard court season where he has nothing to defend really. So he can EPIC FAIL here but he'll probably win his patented one or two rounds before playing someone better on clay than himself. Madrid should be a really good tourney for him, given the elevation. *ZOOM* *ACE* lol

EDIT:
But also keep in mind he only has points from ROME and then nothing else really for the rest of the year, not just the summer hard court season as I mentioned up there. Andy could be top 4 or 5 realistically with how the next couple months play out.

Deboogle!.
04-22-2009, 08:09 PM
He's got a final in LA (which I don't think he's playing this year as he's added Indy) and a USO QF to defend, then a lot of points in Beijing. So I wouldn't say he has NO points, but a few rounds at RG and a good wimbledon would certainly help. As for Madrid, I can't imagine Andy doing well there, he couldn't even do well in Madrid when it was on indoor hard. Rome's his best shot at good clay results b/c it plays so much faster.

Fumus
04-22-2009, 08:22 PM
He's got a final in LA (which I don't think he's playing this year as he's added Indy) and a USO QF to defend, then a lot of points in Beijing. So I wouldn't say he has NO points, but a few rounds at RG and a good wimbledon would certainly help. As for Madrid, I can't imagine Andy doing well there, he couldn't even do well in Madrid when it was on indoor hard. Rome's his best shot at good clay results b/c it plays so much faster.

It's not like he was out all of last summer. It's just that he wasn't playing very well for most if it and was repeatedly injured. He doesn't have much to defend, really it's a huge opportunity for him this year at both US Open and Wimbledon to nab another grand slam. All these years it's been Fed in the way, well he looks like he won't be a factor. So then it's about getting the ranking up, getting some luck and some good draws. He really needs to win a masters this summer. That will give him the confidence. Anyways, getting back on track...by his standards he doesn't have much to defend and his ranking should definitly rise.

As far as Madrid, well, it's hard to say because they haven't had a clay tourney there. He looked pretty good in DC when it was there. I wouldn't mind seeing everyone crash out (like they would at Hamburg) and Andy sneaking into the final to beat some mug like Robredo. I'm dreaming, I know. Back to reality it's time for Andy to step up and make the second week of RG. Seriously, there's just no effin' excuse not to. You're a top 10 tennis player, WTF mate?!?

Deboogle!.
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
You're not honestly suggesting that what Andy does on clay in DC translates to what he does in a regular clay tournament, are you?

tangerine_dream
04-22-2009, 10:06 PM
We're still trying to figure out how to trick Andy into thinking that Roland Garros is Davis Cup.

heya
04-23-2009, 04:03 AM
You haven't heard?
Andy Britney Spears Roddick + Anna Nicole Roddick + Lipstick Pig Mommy + Charity Money + Federer-Accommodation + Humiliating Interviews + Excuses =
Grass + Hardcourt Failure

Don't forget, he lost a bunch of hardcourt 1st and 2nd rounds after going on taco McDonald's, coffee, and junk Bulimic binges. Then again, he couldn't avoid the fake personality and unathletic genetics. The rich lifestyle makes it easy to be ignorant of self-destructive behavior he could avoid.

He kicked out the Goldfine-Davis Cup-Todd Martin loyalty excuses.
Then, he finally shut up and kicked out John Roddick excuses.
It's time to kick out the fake guilty feelings for Blanche.

To a lesser extent, he avoids Nadal. It's fun for bipolar and paranoid delusional, addictive Andy to act like a hapless idiot loser, following the media's "Nadal is mostly muscles, Federer is genius" bullshit prejudice.
Only because he has no dignity left (is he retired, and just here for charity money counting?). He shamelessly pretends he's Mr. Tennis Law and Order (mocking umpires, insulting himself, copying so-called super star athletes) without thinking twice about his fans' waning respect for him and tennis.
This is definitely not the 1970s Tennis Respect Time.

Fee
04-23-2009, 05:34 AM
It's time to kick out the fake guilty feelings for Blanche.

What does this mean?

tennis lover
04-23-2009, 12:05 PM
What does this mean?
I see you're still reading/trying to make sense of Heya's posts - I gave up a long time ago! ;)

Fumus
04-23-2009, 05:50 PM
You're not honestly suggesting that what Andy does on clay in DC translates to what he does in a regular clay tournament, are you?

We're still trying to figure out how to trick Andy into thinking that Roland Garros is Davis Cup.

HAHAHA!

No it's just exhibit A) that Andy can play on Clay. I guess exhibit b) might be that he's won some tournaments on the stuff before. I set the bar low for him, let's see how he ducks it this year. (no pun intended)

I like how people read my posts in the Roddick forum and then heckle me via bad reps. I thought that was soooo 2004-2005. Ya know, when Andy was relevant enough to be hated; instead of occasionally hated/rooted for to beat and/or because he did beat one of the big 4.

"Roddick will lose to either Nadal,Murray,Djokovic or Federer again at both the USO or Wimbledon;don't fool yourself dear:rolleyes:" - timafi

That was in response to my last post. :wavey: Andy is going to win another slam. Accept it.

Deboogle!.
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
You're preaching to the choir here, Ryan. We know Andy is capable of doing better on clay than his previous results at RG show. Maybe this will be the year he finally makes the 2nd week, I think it'll be disappointing for all of us if he doesn't.

People are badrepping you based on posts here? That's amusing. But I hate to break it to you dear, but it seems Andy might be relevant enough to be hated again :rolls:

Deboogle!.
04-23-2009, 06:14 PM
OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE, Andy pulled out of Rome.

I take back everything I said :rolleyes: Just show up at Queen's Andy. Forget clay completely.

Tytta!.
04-23-2009, 06:15 PM

I take back everything I said :rolleyes: Just show up at Queen's Andy. Forget clay completely.

....................................... :retard:.

Fumus
04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
You're preaching to the choir here, Ryan. We know Andy is capable of doing better on clay than his previous results at RG show. Maybe this will be the year he finally makes the 2nd week, I think it'll be disappointing for all of us if he doesn't.

People are badrepping you based on posts here? That's amusing. But I hate to break it to you dear, but it seems Andy might be relevant enough to be hated again :rolls:

I beg to differ. We hate him all most of the time.

Kate87
04-23-2009, 06:55 PM
the epicness starts pretty early this season :haha:

tangerine_dream
04-23-2009, 07:00 PM
I said that Rome was too soon after his honeymoon, there's no way he'd be ready to play. Just stay home until Queens. His brain (and body) is still focused on wifey. http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/icons/icon10.gif

Deboogle!.
04-23-2009, 07:05 PM
He knew when Rome was probably even before they started planning the wedding. That's no excuse IMO. And also, why lie a few weeks ago and say he's gonna play Rome? That was unnecessary.

kaylee
04-23-2009, 07:39 PM
where does it state he pulled out of Rome? Bah I give up I am seriously thinking of not being an Andy fan for the simple reason of his scheduling. Mutter, mutter.

Deboogle!.
04-23-2009, 07:49 PM
It's in the entry list thread, it's a done deal

tsurupettan
04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
:o :o :o :o What the fuck. Doesn't even try to defend any of those points.

heya
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
http://www.bocaratonchamber.com/clientuploads/_photos/_312/_7355.jpg

Davis Cup ties...awww.
When you win the trophy, don't let me laugh with happiness with you, Andy! Just hug me while I wear a stoic face.:devil:

It's not important as this mini EXPO After-Hours Network PLUS where I showcase Roddick Foundation products and/or services...every quarter per year!

http://www.bocaratonchamber.com/clientuploads/_photos/_312/_7357.jpg

tennis lover
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
he pulled out?! I don't understand. :( surely he would've known ages ago if he wouldn't have enough time between his honeymoon and the tournament? :shrug:

oh well, there goes his best chance to do well in a clay MS. Now he just has to work even harder on the slower clay courts to make up for it! :( :armed: :ras:

heya
04-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Sure.....there's hard work he did all these years.

tsurupettan
04-23-2009, 10:28 PM
he pulled out?! I don't understand. :( surely he would've known ages ago if he wouldn't have enough time between his honeymoon and the tournament? :shrug:

:shrug: Do we ever know why he does what he does when he does it? If we ever figured out or understood his scheduling... the end of world might be closing in on us soon enough. I can't believe I actually still feel somewhat surprised when stuff like this happens. I'm feeling pretty much like the first line of my sig. :tape:

Deboogle!.
04-23-2009, 11:01 PM
I can't believe I actually still feel somewhat surprised when stuff like this happens. I'm feeling pretty much like the first line of my sig. :tape:well, andy doesn't usually blatantly lie and say he's gonna play somewhere and then pull out, which he did this time. And also, Andy had given us a bit of hope that he might actually have a decent RG this year, and that's highly unlikely if he's only gonna play Madrid (if that?:o), so it is extra disappointing, b/c we were dumb? enough to think he might actually translate his good form to RG this year and actually make the 2nd week before he retires. But it's quite clear he just doesn't give a damn. Too bad his fans care more about him doing well on clay than he does. I just wish he'd admit it. At least the Spaniards used to blatantly skip Wimbeldon instead of pretending and lying about caring like Andy does.

tsurupettan
04-24-2009, 12:47 AM
True [on everything]. After reading this today, I'm a bit shocked to realize just how excited I actually was for the start of clay season on Andy's behalf -- just because of that bit of hope you mentioned. Talk about a real bucket of cold water.

DartMarcus
04-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Disappointing.

Azurebi
04-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I think he should have wed a week before, the same day Roger did. So he could have a week before Rome....

If he participate the Masters, he can't win because of lack of preparations. It's better withdrawing the torney than doing a embarrassing early exit. Or he may have been injured minor. I really don't think he can win to Semi this year in Rome. It's better to concentrate in grass and hard court season

MissFairy
04-24-2009, 11:22 AM

well, andy doesn't usually blatantly lie and say he's gonna play somewhere and then pull out, which he did this time. And also, Andy had given us a bit of hope that he might actually have a decent RG this year, and that's highly unlikely if he's only gonna play Madrid (if that?:o), so it is extra disappointing, b/c we were dumb? enough to think he might actually translate his good form to RG this year and actually make the 2nd week before he retires. But it's quite clear he just doesn't give a damn. Too bad his fans care more about him doing well on clay than he does. I just wish he'd admit it. At least the Spaniards used to blatantly skip Wimbeldon instead of pretending and lying about caring like Andy does.
Blah. Way to go, Andy. Andy's clay season pretty much IS Rome and RG, and he pulls out of the first :ras: I suppose he knew that he probably wouldn't play Rome once the wedding was planned. Clever, clever |: So yeah, another year, another clay blowout. Recently i haven't had much time to watch Andy, but some things never change.

It would be nice if Andy could just do well in the faster clay events just to show people he can hack it. He obviously can do better than he's done for much of his career. He doesn't seem bothered to do it so why should we?

He better have a stellar grass season (no shoddy wimbledon this year please) and hardcourt swing too :o

Fumus
04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
well, andy doesn't usually blatantly lie and say he's gonna play somewhere and then pull out, which he did this time. And also, Andy had given us a bit of hope that he might actually have a decent RG this year, and that's highly unlikely if he's only gonna play Madrid (if that?:o), so it is extra disappointing, b/c we were dumb? enough to think he might actually translate his good form to RG this year and actually make the 2nd week before he retires. But it's quite clear he just doesn't give a damn. Too bad his fans care more about him doing well on clay than he does. I just wish he'd admit it. At least the Spaniards used to blatantly skip Wimbeldon instead of pretending and lying about caring like Andy does.

Eh, I'm not mad. The whole thing seemed pretty stupid to me anyways. What you're gonna get married and then come back the week later? No one does stuff like that except, oh yea, Roger Federer and we all saw what happened to him. Yes, lying and saying that you will play an event even though you know you won't is annoying for fans. Remember though Rome is mandatory, the policy is you have to play that unless otherwise unfit. So this is the rigmarole Andy must go through to pull from that event.

Andy can makeup for it by posting some decent results when he comes back. I'll forgive him if he wins a tournement.

Heather1229
04-24-2009, 02:46 PM
If playing Rome is mandatory, then how is he going to be able to withdraw just because? He very well can't say he's injured, because that indeed would be a total lie.

Deboogle!.
04-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Andy's a lucky bastard and is one of a handful of players who, by the time 2009 started, had played 500 singles matches, which in the rule book allows them to miss one mandatory 1000 event.

Fumus
04-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Andy's a lucky bastard and is one of a handful of players who, by the time 2009 started, had played 500 singles matches, which in the rule book allows them to miss one mandatory 1000 event.

Well, instead of watching Andy play I could post some videos of my crappy 3.5 tennis. Clearly much more entertaining. This will surely hold you over for two weeks.

Watch me hit a slice forehand and shank a volley. :D

Deboogle!.
04-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Hey, at least you try :D can't say the same about andy :p

kaylee
04-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Well said Deb. I must admit I have to agree with all you guys on here. If he was blatantly injured then of course he shouldn't play but this is just...... sorry I can't find the words, I think it has been already stated.

On another note obviously Andy's website can't be bothered to get updated either. I personally think it would have been nice to put up a congrats message instead of ignoring it completely. This is what I love about this forum oh and Ryan yes would love to see you playing tennis!!!!!!!!

Heather1229
04-24-2009, 05:18 PM
thanks for explaining the points debacle Deb!:)

Deboogle!.
04-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Sure :) it's not even a matter of points this year. He's lucky he played enough matches to qualify under that exemption.... otherwise he'd risk being suspended from his highest-point-earning 1000 event later in the year. So he'd not only lose the Rome points but he'd have to sit out another event (probably cincy or canada).... so yeah, lucky bastard once again

heya
04-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Only teens and 20-year-old people who just watched him the last 4 years would be SHOCKED by this behavior.

Lucky Andy? When is his life lucky and tennis situation lucky?

He never cared about tennis longevity and greatness. We all know that his clueless, selfish family would NEVER intervene. Did you think Brooklyn married him because she was sure that love will remain the same, 10 years down the line?

Fumus
04-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Only teens and 20-year-old people who just watched him the last 4 years would be SHOCKED by this behavior.

Lucky Andy? When is his life lucky and tennis situation lucky?

He never cared about tennis longevity and greatness. We all know that his clueless, selfish family would NEVER intervene. Did you think Brooklyn married him because she was sure that love will remain the same, 10 years down the line?

Heya, you overstepped the line this time. I am not a TEENAGER!

heya
04-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Heya, you overstepped the line this time. I am not a TEENAGER!You're stepping back into teenyland.
"Federer Teenybopper" Fumy, you said Federer was in horrible form against Andy last year. :devil::eek:

tennis lover
04-24-2009, 11:11 PM
I wish Monte Carlo was still mandatory. That way he would only be able to skip one without having to miss one of the HC masters series and so he might actually play a full clay season! :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
04-24-2009, 11:13 PM
he'd still find a way, jo, you just know it.

tennis lover
04-24-2009, 11:15 PM
:lol: sad but true! :p he'd probably just skip one of the HC MS willingly to avoid playing on clay. :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
04-25-2009, 01:42 AM
or find some other loophole like doing some random promotional activity or whatever they allow them to do this year:lol:

Fee
04-25-2009, 03:40 AM
sooo..... turns out Andy never had Rome on his calendar, and yeah, it was mandatory so he had to enter it, then withdraw as late as he could. He is still on his honeymoon.

I agree, he should have moved the wedding up a week since he knew he was going to skip Monte Carlo, that way he would still have made it to Rome and kept some points on the books. Oh well.

heya
04-25-2009, 03:48 AM
His brothers and mother absolutely enjoy his charity and Davis Cup appearances. They get to participate; sometimes they get the media's profuse praise (Andy got ridicule).

They were invited to his activities with no restrictions by Andy, obviously. It interfered with his game and attitude during Federer's success years.
They avoid thinking about breaking a rule (tennis) and U.S. Law (Divorce Court).
John attempted to coach Andy to find out what could happen as the coach, not because he wanted Andy's best tennis, fitness and mind strength. He laughed on TV when Andy barely moved in the Wimbledon quarterfinal and hated to fight again with Federer.
John's tennis academy is hardly a success.
Lawrence didn't spend time with his daughter but his mother had his daughter at Andy's Cincinnati match.

His schedule is all about exhibitions and sudden plane trips to tournaments because he feels guilty. Thanks to Agassi and his mom's incessant reminder "Don't regret life without charity".

Blake always plays Davis C., not because he wins, but because he's awarded for Andy's work and wins. Do you believe Captain McEnroe gives much value to Andy's abilities? He wasn't even sure that Andy's fitness did anything for his footwork and confidence.
Andy failures against Sampras, Agassi, Hewitt, Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Gasquet, Ferrer, Kohlshreiber, Blake, Gonzalez, etc. made him feel no anger. He told Chris Russo "tennis is more than talent. Roddick has the SERVE. He would have 1 more Slam if Federer wasn't here...." I didn't realize that no one else was Andy's opponent. There were no quitting in Australia, French Open, mental quitting, injury, no awful line calls, and no lethally bad coaching!?
John Mc and Tracy Austin verbally excreted:
Andy should admit he couldn't ever have Djokovic's talent and weapons. And Andy is supposedly working extremely hard with nothing but a serve and many players have no problem surpassing Andy's One other shot: Forehand.
Well, at least Regis Philbin, Agassi...& Sampras agree with them. Cry for them...:fiery: :tears:

Fee
04-25-2009, 04:01 AM
I'll give you 25 cents if you can go for seven days without mentioning Andy's family in any of your posts.

Deboogle!.
04-25-2009, 04:27 AM
sooo..... turns out Andy never had Rome on his calendar, and yeah, it was mandatory so he had to enter it, then withdraw as late as he could. He is still on his honeymoon.

I agree, he should have moved the wedding up a week since he knew he was going to skip Monte Carlo, that way he would still have made it to Rome and kept some points on the books. Oh well.Or not honeymoon immediately after the wedding. Lots of people have delayed honeymoons. A wedding day is a big deal, it's easy for us to say, oh just move it up a week, but he should've gotten married whenever he wanted. but I don't see a need to take what's clearly a pretty long honeymoon at this point in the season. I know, the tennis schedule doesn't make it easy. And I don't think what Roger did was necessarily a good idea. It's just particularly crappy for Andy b/c it seems that this is/was probably his best chance of making the 2nd week at RG, but with one tourney preparation and what's clearly going to have been a pretty extended break from even picking up a racquet at all, let alone merely getting some solid work in with Larry practicing on clay, it's now pretty hard to see him having a good result. That's why it's disappointing but again, he clearly doesn't care as much as 1) he has pretended to and 2) we seem to care.

bobbynorwich
04-25-2009, 06:40 AM
But I hate to break it to you dear, but it seems Andy might be relevant enough to be hated again.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/yay.gif

bobbynorwich
04-25-2009, 06:54 AM
I agree, he should have moved the wedding up a week since he knew he was going to skip Monte Carlo, that way he would still have made it to Rome and kept some points on the books.

Bonus: Sharing the same anniversary, Andy, Brooklyn, Roger and Mirka could've then been able to make many happy celebrations together for years to come. Think of the bond!

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/grouphug.gif

tangerine_dream
04-25-2009, 05:38 PM
I agree, he should have moved the wedding up a week since he knew he was going to skip Monte Carlo, that way he would still have made it to Rome and kept some points on the books. Oh well.
Maybe there was something on Brooke's schedule that prevented it?

heya
04-25-2009, 06:20 PM
He thought he was winning Davis Cup after November.
Marriage and bedtime can't happen in December. She must pose in her warm birthday suit... Snow Magazine.
Life is long to Andy. Davydenko loves winning and trained for tennis on his honeymoon day....he'll never understand the pain Andy and his sweet relatives endure. Unending days in the dangerous war zone called the kitchen.:sad:

Fee
04-25-2009, 07:31 PM

Might have been. Her bachelorette party was the week before, but who knows what else was going on in their lives. Anyway, we can only Monday morning quarterback so much. Time to accept that Rome was not a priority for Andy and move on I suppose.

I see I will be able to keep my 25 cents...

blosson
04-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Sand season for 2 in Costa Rica for Andy.

heya
04-26-2009, 04:45 PM
blosson, I bet Federer could donate 25 cents to the African kids.

Ironically, Andy was forced to spend his money on undelicious vegetables. That's what he complained about on TTChannel.
:sad:
Poor Justin Gimelstob had to interview him last June, before Andy "suddenly injured his back".
He had to show up for the wedding party.

Azurebi
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM

Probably they didn't want to wed on the same weekend which has her birthday.
Brooklyn's 22nd birthday was April 12, same bachelorette party weekend....so...

They should have married a week earlier on calender, but i really don't blame Andy for this.
Skipping or shorten a honeymoon must be stressful. Look at Roger, he seems so tired.

Fumus
04-27-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm still thinking about last year. Andy was playing the best I'd ever seen him on clay beating super bol and his pigeon Robredo on his way to the semis. He played patiently and varied...from time to time he actually hit some forehands. This of course started the injury period of his season, it's a pity really because I would have like to see how far he could have gotten at RG.

Realistically though Andy has no business in the top 4. The highest I see him being ranked now is number 5. Perhaps if Federer really slumps from here on out Andy could catch the number 4 spot. I think he knows this so I mean, he's really stuck where he is. It means playing one of the big 4 in the qrts of a slam, and then the semis and probably the finals. :scared:

LUCK OF THE DRAW FTW. :D

tangerine_dream
04-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Maybe Andy will make up for it and reach the semis of the French?

BAHAHAHA.

Deboogle!.
04-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Good to know that instead of playing Rome, Andy was at a DMB concert and is now spamming on twitter :cool: really important activities :yeah:

Tytta!.
04-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Good to know that instead of playing Rome, Andy was at a DMB concert and is now spamming on twitter :cool: really important activities :yeah:

Very good player.

tangerine_dream
04-28-2009, 04:14 PM
He better be spamming honeymoon photos. ;)

Apparently he called in to the Bobby Bones show this morning.

*edit*

From Bobby Bones twitter: "first twitter follower to get swine flu wins a free t-shirt"

Jon Wertheim tweeted: "Andy roddick will be playing indianapolis. Quick piece of advice: avoid the mexican (or go to acapulco joes; no runs to the border.)"

Random twitterer comment: "If I see Bill Kurtis tell me he's faster than Andy Roddick one more time, I'm going to send farting pigs to his house."

Random me: And what's with this dumb story about Andy being obsessed with Mandy Moore? Don't think so.

*edit again*

So Rome is rained out for THREE DAYS? Now I'm glad Andy decided to skip it, he likely would've picked up another injury trying to play on muddy clay.

andymo
04-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Andy had a good reason to skip Rome, "his honeymoon" which will be his one and only, of that I am sure. And it is raining in Rome so let him prepare for Madrid.Let us wish him good luck for the next tournaments.

andymo
04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
He better be spamming honeymoon photos. ;)

Apparently he called in to the Bobby Bones show this morning.

*edit*

From Bobby Bones twitter: "first twitter follower to get swine flu wins a free t-shirt"

Jon Wertheim tweeted: "Andy roddick will be playing indianapolis. Quick piece of advice: avoid the mexican (or go to acapulco joes; no runs to the border.)"

Random twitterer comment: "If I see Bill Kurtis tell me he's faster than Andy Roddick one more time, I'm going to send farting pigs to his house."

Random me: And what's with this dumb story about Andy being obsessed with Mandy Moore? Don't think so.

*edit again*

So Rome is rained out for THREE DAYS? Now I'm glad Andy decided to skip it, he likely would've picked up another injury trying to play on muddy clay.

Oh yes that story about Mandy Moore is so stupid. It is unbelievable that someone would write stories like this. I hope nobody believes that. Poor Andy, there are always negative things that are said about him. :confused:

Kate87
04-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Andy on the Bobby Bones Show (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/AUSTIN-TX/KHFI-FM/Andy%20Roddick%207%20(4-28-09).mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=AUSTIN-TX&NG_FORMAT=chr&SITE_ID=820&STATION_ID=KHFI-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=Bobby_Bones_Show&PCAST_CAT=Bobby_Bones_Show&PCAST_TITLE=Bobby_Bones_Show_Podcast) :)

Deboogle!.
04-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Andy had a good reason to skip Rome, "his honeymoon" which will be his one and only, of that I am sure. And it is raining in Rome so let him prepare for Madrid.Let us wish him good luck for the next tournaments.that'd make sense, if he wasn't back in Charlotte seeing dave matthews band with brooke and her family by Friday. I haven't been on a honeymoon, but if and when I do, I won't be spending any part of it with either my parents or his. You've gotta admit it's amusing to have him twittering about making eggs and calling radio shows instead of defending semifinalist points. But whatever.

as for the mandy shit, i'm sure andy, brooke, AND mandy are having quite a good laugh about that.

heya
04-28-2009, 08:50 PM
He doesn't need mud to injure him.

He was born with an injured ego, no life and no one smacking sense into him.
He got bjs but no real job. Apparently, mom Blanche couldn't buy classiness.

tsurupettan
04-29-2009, 04:47 AM
That new phone is really making a difference. Damn, Andy. :lol:

Selby
04-29-2009, 10:53 AM
He is updating his twitter like every 2 minutes :lol:
That what happens when you don't play tennis Andy, you get really bored!
The only positive I can think of is that he will be rested and refreshed in Wimbledon.

tsurupettan
04-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Seriously. :haha: But honestly, his Twitter just screams Andy now that he's using it -- I'm not surprised he impulsively tweets so much about every little [random] thing. :lol:

tangerine_dream
04-29-2009, 04:04 PM
:haha: Andy's back to spamming Twitter today. I think you're right Deb, Twitter is his new toy and he'll play with it often for about a week. Then he won't make another update for eight months.

alright..... track... good times
about 1 hour ago from web

snore :haha:

ha ha ha....

i want bobby to give me a job when i am retired.... cant be that hard

bobby is a punk at name that tune

bobby bones show!! seriously one of the best things about being home
about 2 hours ago from web

eggs...

Heather1229
04-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Well my company banned facebook and twitter so I can't read Andy's super random tweets! If anyone would like to be super generous and continue updating this thread with tweets it would be super appreciated! :)

Caren
04-29-2009, 04:16 PM
I know the conversation has kinda moved on but just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents worth. The guy has just got married so i completly understand him wanting to spend longer on his honeymoon, at the end of the day he won't get the first month or so of his marriage back so i can understand his point of view on that.

What bothers me more is just the points thing, its like dude, if we can all see you losing a lot of points and care about it...why don't you.
But if this was the only time of the year when they could get married i understand his decision, i don't believe it was meant as a blatant lie i just think the timing is off and it'll have to be something he looks at. He doesn't want to get that type of reputation if you know what i mean.

tangerine_dream
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
bobby is a punk at name that tune
Bobby Bones' response to Andy's above Twitter:

@andyroddick seriously, I will destroy you.

:lol: These two love to trash one another don't they? I'm enjoying the Twitter show.

*edit*

Fans and other twitterers respond to Andy's tweets:

femalle: hahahahah I love following Andy Roddick, He makes me smile everytime i read his comments!!

Tea_Chang: Andy Roddick......the new "John Mayer" on twitter.......actually its a super good news for me! loooooovvveeee twitter talking head !!!

JustinHabs: all of a sudden, Andy roddick has tweeted like 20 times within the last 2 days. I think someone's a fan.

bwfearn: Andy Roddick finally tweeted! He has not done that since April 4th! Way to go Andy! I love you!

Lbcute: it figures that Andy Roddick, one of the loves of my life, would get married on my b-day

Brandynz2572: Andy Roddick is twittering like mad today.

jeramiemcguire: Wow. Thank you Andy Roddick...practice was great. Shower, reading, then hitting the track rain or shine. Stagecoach Days Marathon in May.

jesstooimpress: Andy roddick got married, my life is ovvvverrrrr

adamsayshi: I hate when people say they'd like to switch lives with someone, but damn if Andy Roddick doesn't have it made.

ciarams: should i remove myself from andy roddick's future wives f-bk group now that he is married?maybe the countess knows the appropriate etiquette

KattyLu: is now following andy roddick. wow... Too bad he just got married.

worriedwendy: Glad to see Andy Roddick is tweetin again

jdito: Andy Roddick just called in to the Bobby Bones show and he seems so chill. Gotta love Austin, folks!

knight_ley
04-30-2009, 02:24 AM
So Andy's Twitter is legit? I've been following it but with how crazy it's gotten I thought maybe it was hacked in to. :lol:

Deboogle!.
04-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Yeah, it's legit, he even talked about it on the radio show yesterday :o :lol:

Fee
04-30-2009, 03:47 AM
It's him now, but you can tell AR staff was doing it at some point.

Deboogle!.
04-30-2009, 04:38 AM
they never really denied that, I don't think anyone thought it was Andy til he said so the other day, except some of the stt.com folks of course.

tennis lover
04-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I love how he feels like he has to post as soon as he gets up and just before he goes to bed. :rolls: he's like a kid with a new toy, I agree it won't last! didn't he promise to write a certain number of blogs this year or something...I don't think he's making his target! :o :lol:

kaylee
04-30-2009, 05:39 PM
No he isn't making the blog target but the twittering is funny.

tangerine_dream
04-30-2009, 09:48 PM
For those who can't view Twitter here are his latest updates.

practice

@mrbobbybones you gonna come to track workout this weekend? it will be fun

was too lazy to drive... just brewed a mug at home....
about 3 hours ago from web

finally finished.... lunch and then to the courts at 2... need to work starbucks in there somewhere
about 4 hours ago from web

track is calling... brutal ha ha
about 7 hours ago from web

morning!
about 8 hours ago from web

good night all.... i am pissed miami lost
about 18 hours ago from web

this hawks heat game is brutal... they need to be wearing helmets
about 19 hours ago from web

----------- *edit* ---------------

More fans' reaction to Andy's tweets:

carson_jones: Let it be known that no one in the world twitters as much as andy roddick. Lol

cherrycheung: it's nice when I log in to twitter, the first thing I saw is Andy roddick say morning to me!

Jlee28: Andy Roddick twittering for real now...hahahaha

AGirlNamedLacey: i got 5 bucks that says andy roddick eats his eggs while listening to the show ...any takers?

[B]LModlin: i agree - andy roddick is awesome

_love_never: nah I have to be cool like Andy Roddick who tweets about making himself eggs every morning, he's in mah head

Texas111: just saw ur At&t commercial. "I'm faster than andy roddick" LOL

Saosin38927: MUST SEE ANDY RODDICK in AUGUST MUUUUUUST

Selby
04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
New Mrs. Roddick has also got her twitter:
http://twitter.com/BrooklynDDecker
This thing is so popular at the moment, but after a while people will probably get bored.

tangerine_dream
04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
New Mrs. Roddick has also got her twitter:
http://twitter.com/BrooklynDDecker
This thing is so popular at the moment, but after a while people will probably get bored.
That's so funny how she's hooked too. Here's what Bobby Bones Twittered to her:

@BrooklynDDecker hah. welcome to twitter. you'll be obsessed for about 20 days. then it'll all calm down. congrats on the wedding

tangerine_dream
05-01-2009, 12:33 AM
:spit:

Brooklyn Tweets:

I just had to get my doorman to break into my apartment because I locked myself out... He was pretty good at it, should I be worried?
19 minutes ago from TwitterFon

By the way, this was after I realized I was carrying around an empty purse.. My wallet, phone and keys in my apartment. Smart.
14 minutes ago from TwitterFon

@andyroddick seriously, I went to get Benny coffee and on my way to starbucks, I realized everything was in the apt. He had to break in.
1 minute ago from TwitterFon

Andy replies:

@BrooklynDDecker um........
11 minutes ago from TwitterFon

tennis lover
05-01-2009, 12:52 AM
just saw that :rolls:

acoffeygirl
05-01-2009, 05:02 AM
So do we need a new thread to follow Andy's twittering? :)

Deboogle!.
05-01-2009, 05:09 AM
considering everyone can just go to his twitter and read them all, I think we're good :lol:

acoffeygirl
05-01-2009, 05:26 AM
I was kidding. ;)

Deboogle!.
05-01-2009, 05:28 AM
no way, really? ;)

Fee
05-01-2009, 06:08 AM
_love_never: nah I have to be cool like Andy Roddick who tweets about making himself eggs every morning, he's in mah head

:tape:

tennis lover
05-01-2009, 10:54 AM
aww, he's lonely and twitter is his only friend. :sobbing:

kaylee
05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
this twittering is hilarious.

tangerine_dream
05-01-2009, 04:12 PM
this twittering is hilarious.
:haha: I'm enjoying it. Too bad the fun won't last.

He was watching Chicago-Boston last night and twittered:

unreal... my dog is snoring during this game... stupid dog ha
about 13 hours ago from web

:lol:

kaylee
05-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh well yes I agree - facebook went on for a little while and then died. Promises of 12 blogs - nope now twitter still it is fun while it lasts.

tangerine_dream
05-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Brooke tweets again: Andy picked her up at the airport and she took a photo of him in the car (http://twitpic.com/4dew4). She says: "Wow... What a hottie..is it too late??" :haha:

Their twittering is hilarious to see. They sound so cute and happy. Ah, young love. I give it a month. ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
05-02-2009, 02:36 AM
"At whole foods!!! Love this place."

Could Andy's life get anymore exciting than Grocery shopping?!! :rolls: This twitter stuff is hilarious, conducting their marriage over Twitter is just so sweet.

That picture of Andy is just wow. :tape:

Selby
05-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Andy looks like House:
http://i44.tinypic.com/11ki9hg.gif
:haha:

tennis lover
05-02-2009, 12:19 PM
:haha: oh my goodness, that photo! :o they're hilarious! I hope they keep it up, maybe when Andy's travelling and Brooke isn't with him he'll update it cos he's bored. :shrug:

tangerine_dream
05-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Andy and Brooke are posting adorable pics of their doggy Billie now. Aww.

heya
05-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Awww His dogster will remind him that life is short and that umpires should be corrected, instead of allowed to steal matches and distract idiots like him. ....Ok I can dream. No, it's not the Roddick way...ooh no, it isn't! :inlove:

Fumus
05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Andy to arrive in Madrid the night before his first match.

Or is that too early?

Deboogle!.
05-04-2009, 07:45 PM
yeah, too early. But hey, at least Larry's getting into town today! :haha:

Fumus
05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
yeah, too early. But hey, at least Larry's getting into town today! :haha:

He's scouting the hotels with the best rates for 1-2 night stays. Ya know, you can really save on your hotel stay as a player when you aren't committed to playing.

Deboogle!.
05-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm sure the Masters events pay for andy's hotel. in fact every event andy plays pays for his hotel and other hospitality. :lol:

Deboogle!.
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Apparently Andy said today on the bobby bones show he's going to Madrid on FRIDAY. He's obviously lying again. *faints*

tennis lover
05-04-2009, 11:35 PM
:eek: friday? he really is bored! :o

Fumus
05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm sure the Masters events pay for andy's hotel. in fact every event andy plays pays for his hotel and other hospitality. :lol:

Oh damn! I would be ordering all sorts of room service and porn family films!

Deboogle!.
05-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Update from Larry:

Andy is in very good physical shape at the moment. He has not missed a beat since Florida before getting married. His desire and excitement to get back out on tour is really showing. He may be in the best shape I have seen him in!! He is really pumped up and realizes that you must have extremely strong legs leading into the French and Wimby. He is doing that and the attitude is better than ever! With the daily double of tennis for 3 hours and track for another 2 hours is going to pay off for the coming months. I really like what I see. Now it is time to go across the water and test it. Very excited for him. Stay tuned.

tennis lover
05-08-2009, 12:41 AM
sounds positive. :yeah: don't screw it up Roddick! :ras: ;)

Deboogle!.
05-08-2009, 01:04 AM
you know that he will :D

tennis lover
05-08-2009, 01:19 AM
he won't. :ras: I told you ages ago, he's going to win RG! :rocker2: :banana:

Fumus
05-08-2009, 05:25 PM
you know that he will :D

That's my Deb! :D

Deboogle!.
05-08-2009, 05:51 PM
:ras: :D

Fumus
05-08-2009, 07:53 PM
:ras: :D

Ernie or a qualifier...that's pretty much a bye.

Then we've got Davydenko that's a loss. :D:D:D

DartMarcus
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
3R loss i bet :lol:

Deboogle!.
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Pretty much :D :lol: he better play doubles, he really needs the matches :tape:

Fumus
05-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Pretty much :D :lol: he better play doubles, he really needs the matches :tape:

Number 9 in the race, biatch!

DartMarcus
05-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Number 9 in the race, biatch!

Having played just one tournament :haha: :haha: :lol:

DartMarcus
05-08-2009, 08:11 PM
[6] Roddick vs BYE - R1: great chance to win :lol:
Q vs Gulbis - R2: gulbis reaching R3? impossible :lol:
Schuettler vs Serra
Troicki vs [10] Davydenko - R3: Donkey will be tired after Estoril, won`t he?

[14] Blake vs Hanescu
Karlovic vs Benneteau
Soderling vs Andreev
BYE vs [2] Federer

Deboogle!.
05-08-2009, 08:17 PM
which would be worse, losing what would probably be a close match against Davydenko, or getting his ass absolutely killed by Roger? :unsure:

DartMarcus
05-08-2009, 08:24 PM
which would be worse, losing what would probably be a close match against Davydenko, or getting his ass absolutely killed by Roger? :unsure:
The best will be if Serra upsets Donkey and Fed loses to Blake :devil: :haha: :rolleyes:
However it`s difficult to predict Andy "Clay season is very important for me" Roddick`s matches.

tangerine_dream
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Andy to beat Roger on clay, book it!

tennis lover
05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
which would be worse, losing what would probably be a close match against Davydenko, or getting his ass absolutely killed by Roger absolutely kicking Roger's ass? :unsure:
I would definitely say losing to Davydenko would be worse, but it's not going to happen. :angel: ;)

Kate87
05-08-2009, 11:40 PM
I would definitely say losing to Davydenko would be worse, but it's not going to happen. :angel: ;)

Jo:bowdown:

Marion29520
05-09-2009, 06:55 PM
practise with Roger
http://img185.imagevenue.com/loc514/th_91531_alena1_122_514lo.jpg (http://img185.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=91531_alena1_122_514lo.jpg)

tangerine_dream
05-09-2009, 07:26 PM
^^ Very unusual. Thanks for the pic.

Winston's Human
05-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Looks like two old married guys shooting the breeze.

Deboogle!.
05-09-2009, 09:06 PM
the AFP says they're just chatting before fed's practice... unlikely they actually practiced together....

well steve, that's pretty much what they are now ;)

andy, always keeping the kerjness level high

Fee
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
He probably paid those people to ask for his autograph because obviously, no one likes him outside of the US and England.

Deboogle!.
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Yep, bgly.

DartMarcus
05-10-2009, 01:41 PM
James Blake shown Andy how to play vs Denko :worship:
Hopefully it will give Andy extra motivation.

arodfanpe666o
05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Guess who is the qualifier playing Gulbis... It's Tommy Haas. Andy may not win even one match...

Deboogle!.
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Haas is struggling, if Andy can't beat him, then I give up.

kaylee
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
well said Deb!

tennis lover
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Andy will beat him. :rocker2:

Kate87
05-11-2009, 04:26 PM
pre-tourney interview with Andy here (http://www.tennistv.com/page/TennisTV/TournamentInterviews/Madrid/0,,11444~1654763,00.html :V:)

he's wearing his ring :D :bowdown:

Deboogle!.
05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
haas is killing gulbis:haha:

Selby
05-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Is Andy playing tomorrow?

Deboogle!.
05-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Tomorrow's OP hasn't been released yet... probably soon though

kaylee
05-11-2009, 05:54 PM
yayyy Andy's hair is growing back! I can't open the link to his presser.

tangerine_dream
05-11-2009, 06:11 PM
That's a nice wedding band.

Deboogle!.
05-11-2009, 06:13 PM
so Haas it is. Haas served for the match twice against Gulbis and didn't even come close. Andy's never beaten him on clay. Time to step up and make something happen, Andy:mad:

kaylee
05-11-2009, 07:02 PM
yeah the last time I saw Andy and Tommy play on clay was in Houston and Andy lost.

Deboogle!.
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
no Andy tomorrow.... Wednesday it is then, I guess.

tangerine_dream
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Tignor just cursed Andy, says he'll make the semis. :spit:

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewrap/2009/05/musing-on-madrid.html

Fourth Quarter
Roger Federer may not have it easy to start. He could get Igor Andreev, who had him on the ropes at the U.S. Open last year, in his opener, and then perhaps James Blake, who made an unexpected surge last week in reaching the Estoril final. On the other side are Roddick, Haas, Gulbis, and Davydenko. Why do I like Roddick’s chances, despite the fact that he’s coming off his honeymoon? He’ll already have nothing to lose on clay; now he’ll have even less than nothing. And despite most evidence to the contrary, he isn’t that bad on this stuff.

Semifinalist: Roddick

Semifinals: Nadal d. Djokovic; Murray d. Roddick

*edit*

And Yahoo posted this graphic. :zzz:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7011/tennisfutility.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tennisfutility.jpg)

Deboogle!.
05-11-2009, 09:15 PM
OMG :haha: :haha:

kaylee
05-11-2009, 09:31 PM
oh dear now he is doomed. Yes it is Wednesday he just confirmed on twitter.

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 12:02 AM
It feels like he hasn't played tennis in years! :awww: I actually forgot he was playing this week, and then suddenly remembered and went to see when and he isn't even on the OOP. :sobbing:

tsurupettan
05-12-2009, 02:21 AM
:unsure: Andy's odds are fabulous here what with playing Haas on clay and not even playing a clay match period for like weeks. This'll be good. :tape:

Fumus
05-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Tignor just cursed Andy, says he'll make the semis. :spit:

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewrap/2009/05/musing-on-madrid.html

Fourth Quarter
Roger Federer may not have it easy to start. He could get Igor Andreev, who had him on the ropes at the U.S. Open last year, in his opener, and then perhaps James Blake, who made an unexpected surge last week in reaching the Estoril final. On the other side are Roddick, Haas, Gulbis, and Davydenko. Why do I like Roddick’s chances, despite the fact that he’s coming off his honeymoon? He’ll already have nothing to lose on clay; now he’ll have even less than nothing. And despite most evidence to the contrary, he isn’t that bad on this stuff.

Although I agree in spirit. Why not just pick Andy to win the title and break Rafa's streak on clay...LOL

tangerine_dream
05-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Twitter update:

jimcourier word I'm getting is that as awesome as it looks, the outside courts at Magic Box are soft/uneven-New clay needs time to compact typically

C'ya, Andy. :rolleyes:

Deboogle!.
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Andy shouldn't be playing on an outside court :o Plus, courier's not there, who knows who's telling him stuff and what's really true. The court seems to be playing ok from what i've seen on tv.

Fumus
05-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Andy shouldn't be playing on an outside court :o Plus, courier's not there, who knows who's telling him stuff and what's really true. The court seems to be playing ok from what i've seen on tv.

Andy is cooked anyways.

Deboogle!.
05-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, most likely, but not because of the way the outside courts may or may not be playing :lol:

Fumus
05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, most likely, but not because of the way the outside courts may or may not be playing :lol:

Or because AT&T's laptop connect has a faster serve than he does. :o

Deboogle!.
05-12-2009, 07:12 PM
according to andy, he and haas are the last match tomorrow night :o

kaylee
05-12-2009, 07:19 PM
and I get to watch..............Andy lose oh dear where is my faith??????

heya
05-12-2009, 11:14 PM
His interview on tennistv already proved that he'd rather jerk around in bed with the bimbo wife. He already sat around with his dad Federer and arrived late to the tournament. He'll play Spain's respected player Haas. Lil Roddick doesn't deserve the special treatment that whores in America gave him...

Don't bother with being a motherphucker. Whine about the airport passengers. Come late to Spain. Retire, please. Fuck off, FRIEND COURIER! :wavey:

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 11:43 PM
:woohoo: I will allow myself to watch tennis if it's in the evening. :banana: although I have a presentation the next day so I probably shouldn't! :sobbing:

Fumus
05-13-2009, 01:40 AM
His interview on tennistv already proved that he'd rather jerk around in bed with the bimbo wife. He already sat around with his dad Federer and arrived late to the tournament. He'll play Spain's respected player Haas. Lil Roddick doesn't deserve the special treatment that whores in America gave him...

Don't bother with being a motherphucker. Whine about the airport passengers. Come late to Spain. Retire, please. Fuck off, FRIEND COURIER! :wavey:

Exactly what I meant to say. I just don't have that way with words.

Selby
05-13-2009, 04:51 PM
I've just watched Karlovic serving something like 26 aces (James won :woohoo:), so maybe Andy is going to like that surface, we'll see...

tangerine_dream
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I have like zero confidence that Andy will pull off a win. Let's go, Andy. :unsure:

Tignor's semifinal prediction is still pissing me off and it's annoying how I've let it piss me off. :(

tsurupettan
05-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Oh, that fighting spirit... Let's see how tomorrow goes.

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 01:07 AM
was too busy preparing for my presentation tomorrow so I didn't watch the match...and I think I'm glad about that! :lol: at least he won though, that is the main thing after all. Plus, it was his first match on clay in forever, and his first match in ages, so he was bound to be rusty. :) I will try to watch tomorrow though! :banana:

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 01:45 AM
:o

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 01:49 AM
:zzz:

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 01:55 AM
:yawn:

Winston's Human
05-14-2009, 03:14 AM
I am still stunned!

When I left the office (5-5 in the second set), I thought all was lost. I could not beleive when I got home and flipped on the television, Andy was serving 10-9 in the TB. Wow!

Of course, I had to boot Mae and her cartoons off the big screen to watch the final set. I do not even feel ashamed.

tangerine_dream
05-14-2009, 03:19 AM
Of course, I had to boot Mae and her cartoons off the big screen to watch the final set. I do not even feel ashamed.
:haha: Glad Andy's win made it worthwhile.

I like how people in GM are acting like Tommy's an old man on his last legs or something, as if his membership to AARP will come due soon.

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 03:27 AM
well he's been hurt a lot and struggling lately.... GM is exaggerating as always, but we all know if andy had come out playing well, that match wouldn't and shouldn't have been nearly that complicated...

Winston's Human
05-14-2009, 03:39 AM
At least, Andy is playing the late match so he has some time to recover.

heya
05-14-2009, 06:18 AM
His face looked so strained and bitter, which is pitiful, considering he only cared to show up because of Madrid's kind money donation. The Texas twitpics are totally happy face, smiley Andy. :rolleyes:

tennisrocks123
05-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Deboogle, the pictures are not showing up again?! :-(

DartMarcus
05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Davydenko gives a walkover and Andy gets an epic win :haha: :banana:
Now QF vs Fed :haha: :haha: :haha:
Will 2 matches be enough to get ready to RG? :lol:

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 04:08 PM
OMG :haha: I just saw it in andy's twitter... this is actually not good for Andy at all :sobbing:

Doug has a twitter, this is what he said :haha:

"Davydenko is pulling out with an injury. Andy wins in Walkover. I think Davydneko is just scared of Andy's clay court skills."

tangerine_dream
05-14-2009, 04:14 PM
"Davydenko is pulling out with an injury. Andy wins in Walkover. I think Davydneko is just scared of Andy's clay court skills."
That's what I thought.

Selby
05-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Andy is on fire! first he wins BYE and now he eases past W/O :haha:
But it's almost like he's meant to lose to Federer every month or so :(

The good news is that I think he will earn back those 360 points from Rome he lost or at least most of them. I really believe he can make it to R32 in France and that would give him another 90 points I think.
So it's great that he was able to get a good rest without really hurting his ranking.

Jade Fox
05-14-2009, 04:41 PM
I have to agree with Doug on this one: Beating Haas has clearly got Davy scurred. :cool:

Vamos clay god Roddick! :rocker2:

tsurupettan
05-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Andy and his mad clay court skillz. :lol:

Well, at least he can get some points.

heya
05-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Wow, I'm so shocked by Doug's arrogance and cluelessness.

Where was he when Andy was eating junk food and doing nothing but stare at naked models and NBA games?

Oh, yeah. He was sitting next to him and John Roddick.

tangerine_dream
05-14-2009, 05:35 PM
That jackass "RD" twittering to Andy. STFU, tool. :rolleyes:

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 05:42 PM
:rolls: I can't believe he has to play Federer after only one (bad) match on clay. :sobbing: If he somehow manages to win this then it really is the end for Roger. :o I will try to watch, have a feeling I will regret it though! :o

:haha: Doug :yeah:

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 05:46 PM
That jackass "RD" twittering to Andy. STFU, tool. :rolleyes:Did you see my reply to Andy about it? :rolls: what an idiot :haha:

tangerine_dream
05-14-2009, 05:47 PM
I did. :lol: I hope Andy blocks him eventually.

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Did you see my reply to Andy about it? :rolls: what an idiot :haha:
I didn't. :awww: what did you say?

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 05:50 PM
i said "just FYI "RD" is the biggest idiot on the internet. the dude even gets banned from tennis message boards - repeatedly."

I almost added "oh, and he hates you" to the end, but I refrained:haha:

tsurupettan
05-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Looking at what he said to Andy, wow, that guy is a douche. :rolleyes: I hope Andy does block him and doesn't waste any more time on him.

tangerine_dream
05-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm not as mature and pleasant as you are. :devil:

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 05:56 PM
i said "just FYI "RD" is the biggest idiot on the internet. the dude even gets banned from tennis message boards - repeatedly."

did RD used to post here then? who was he on here? :p

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm not as mature and pleasant as you are. :devil::haha: :haha: I saw :haha:
did RD used to post here then? who was he on here? :pnot in andyland, but on mtf. he was originally dimonator but has been banned, and then banned again about 50 times :haha:

Fumus
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
On the bright side I watched yesterdays match and more importantly the tie break. I love how Andy saved mps. Big kick serve inside out forehand. Goodall noted the ball took a bad hop but Andy still crushed it. He didn't look fat to me in that match or anything, he looked a bit rusty in the first. In the second and third he really served a ton better. I also liked his returns when he stood way way way way over on the AD court and took gigantic cracks at the forehand.

Only way Andy wins tomorrow is if Fed gets hurt. It's a good points grab though...and you never know what will happen at RG, remember when Verkerk made the final with his huge serves?

heya
05-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Andy acts like he shouldn't be burdened with guilt in the tennis world. Of course, he can beat Federer, but his attitude made him lose his mind and fitness...not just against Federer. I don't know why everyone hates hearing the truth from the trolls, even after years of embarrassingly wrong sarcastic Roddick words and actions. It was a 5th win in 8 matches (2 Andy losses came after another tie of Blake losses in Davis Cup matches, poor fitness and unintense training).

blosson
05-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I was surprise how Andy managed or come back and beat Hass yesterday (on clay!). Good job Andy.

blosson
05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
OMG :haha: I just saw it in andy's twitter... this is actually not good for Andy at all :sobbing:

Doug has a twitter, this is what he said :haha:

:lol: Doug had a very late night, can you imagine looking after princess Andy? Hold the towel during shower, give him a massage, help him pack his bags, get a cab, sort our dinner, read story to sleep, set the alarm...

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM
blosson :haha: :haha: :haha:

Marion29520
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Roger said Andy has more chance to win against him on clay because his serve has good effect on clay:rolls:

tangerine_dream
05-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Andy plays at 2 tomorrow.

*edit*

Adding some more pics, and Andy is on the cover of Tennis Life this month.

Deboogle!.
05-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Roger said Andy has more chance to win against him on clay because his serve has good effect on clay:rolls:
:cuckoo:

tennis lover
05-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I cannot believe he is playing at 2. That is the one time I can't watch because I have a revision lecture which starts at 2. :sobbing: Therefore by the time I get home an hour and a bit later it will probably be all over! :sobbing: Oh well, guess I'm only going to get to see Andy play one match on clay this year. (RG first round) :lol: (which is one more than last year I think since I didn't have internet this time last year! :o )

kick some ass, Andy! :rocker2:

cobalt60
05-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Just when he needs matches on clay he gets lucky;)

snaillyyy
05-15-2009, 12:35 AM
:haha: I really have missed the fun while away. At least I can't watch him tomorrow, he would lose for sure then, I am the curse :sobbing:;)

heya
05-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Look at the Roddick fans pretending they care if he wins.

Fee
05-15-2009, 03:46 AM

Andy and his mad clay court skillz. :lol:

GMTA! I was thinking "SKILLZZZ" as I was reading these posts! :lol:

I did. :lol: I hope Andy blocks him eventually.

Oh, I'm sure he will, just like his good buddy Justin did. ;)

As usual, RD has more than one twitter account, so Andy will have to block all of them.

Look at the Roddick fans pretending they care if he wins.

You're not funny anymore, you are a troll and you should be blocked from this forum.

Black Adam
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Anyone have a link to video highights?(Haas game) I left it after the first set and my father was laughing at me==> gave him the honeymoon excuse before calling him to return the laughs the next morning when i saw the final result :p

Marion29520
05-15-2009, 11:33 AM
looks like Andy is the only one who like blue clay:lol: he can practise alone on it
http://www.welovetennis.fr/masters-madrid/11782-terre-bleue-la-saga-continue

OnyxRose
05-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Andy fought well and that's all that matters. I don't know why GM is gloating; this match proved to me that unless a miracle occurs, Fed is going to get his ass handed to him if he gets by Murray and meets Nadal.

Deboogle!.
05-15-2009, 03:51 PM
GM is full of morons. That's all there is to say really

Kate87
05-15-2009, 03:55 PM

:worship:

nice fight, Andy :hug:

OnyxRose
05-15-2009, 03:56 PM
True. Let's hope for a third round or better at RG, 'kay Andy?

I live in Texas. If I hear that he flew back, I will drive to Austin and forcibly put him back on the plane. That's such a bonehead thing to do, which means he's going to do it.

Deboogle!.
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I live in Texas. If I hear that he flew back, I will drive to Austin and forcibly put him back on the plane. That's such a bonehead thing to do, which means he's going to do it.Ooooh, excellent :yeah:

And yeah, he probably will. It'd be even better if he went back to NYC, I'm sure there are lots of clay courts there to practice on :o

Jade Fox
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
looks like Andy is the only one who like blue clay:lol: he can practise alone on it
http://www.welovetennis.fr/masters-madrid/11782-terre-bleue-la-saga-continue

Well I like blue clay too, so we have that in common. :lol:

And a nice :worship: for Andy for putting up a fight against Roger. Can he now win at least one match at RG? Please? :awww:

acoffeygirl
05-15-2009, 05:04 PM
There haven't been any post match interviews posted, have there? I looked on the Madrid site and didn't see anything, but that seems odd for a Masters event. :(

snaillyyy
05-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I am happy it wasn't a blow out :) Maybe we can see him in week two of RG.....delusional am I ?

tangerine_dream
05-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Was it a good match at least? I missed all of it. I can only admire how often Andy just keeps pushing against a concrete wall and doesn't give up. His heart and balls are made out of steel. :yeah:

I believe Andy has now made the QFs of every tournament he has enterted this year. :cool: This bodes well for RG. Might he finally get to the second week this year?

I don't know why GM is gloating; this match proved to me that unless a miracle occurs, Fed is going to get his ass handed to him if he gets by Murray and meets Nadal.
Of course. If some Fedtards are still stupid enough to gloat they'll be back curled up in a fetal position with the covers over their heads by Saturday. :shrug:

Deboogle!.
05-15-2009, 07:11 PM
I only saw part of the 2nd set before I left for work and I thought he played pretty well actually. Sometimes his court positioning was really quite good, he went for the FH a bunch of times.... he could've come to the net a bit more, but i think he should generally be pleased, at least with the part I saw. Don't know what happened in the third set to make it such a blowout though. his movement is seriously still suspect on clay, but at this point I think it always will be.

tsurupettan
05-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah, aside from the collapse he suffered in the third set, he played quite well. I think any Andy fan should be pretty pleased with how the match went, esp. given it was on clay and against Federer (and depending on one's view, that he hasn't played on the surface in over a month :lol:). He was staying behind the baseline a bit, though, and it would've been nice if he tried to come to the net a bit more, too. It's a shame he wasn't able back up that break in the first set that he got on Federer's opening game in the first set.

blosson
05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh Andy. At least he tried (again).

heya
05-16-2009, 10:46 AM
The prick hung his head at a 90 degree angle when he was ready to hug his greatest player ever. That's why a set later, he celebrated for the camera like he was "dominated and killed" by tight matches which involved a 5-pound weight gain, bad movement on all surfaces, and injuries. The finger joint he jammed in the 3rd set hurt his effort level.

snaillyyy
05-16-2009, 12:38 PM
:eek: Heading to Paris *faints*

Kate87
05-16-2009, 03:25 PM
2nd week here we come :rocker2:

Fumus
05-16-2009, 03:36 PM

:hug:

It's so true.

I only saw part of the 2nd set before I left for work and I thought he played pretty well actually. Sometimes his court positioning was really quite good, he went for the FH a bunch of times.... he could've come to the net a bit more, but i think he should generally be pleased, at least with the part I saw. Don't know what happened in the third set to make it such a blowout though. his movement is seriously still suspect on clay, but at this point I think it always will be.

I think psychically/mentally he kinda gave out a bit. It just seemed like it was too much of an ask for him to keep up at a level that he hadn't played at the last few seasons...let alone after a month of partying. Anyways, it was a very entertaining second set but it was kept close mostly by Federer's errors. This is truly encouraging if Andy can bring the same mentality on court to the rest of the season.

Deboogle!.
05-16-2009, 04:30 PM
i can't believe andy's already in paris :rolls:

Fee
05-16-2009, 06:31 PM

He heard there was a Taco Bell there now.

or

He's going to find all the places mentioned in the DaVinci Code before he starts practicing.

Meh, I like the first one better. I should have left it there. ;)

tennis lover
05-16-2009, 07:24 PM
:lol: I love how little faith we have in him! ;) Andy for RG winner! :rocker2:

knight_ley
05-17-2009, 12:43 AM

He has to get ready to own the city as we all know he will do once RG is over. :aplot:

MissFairy
05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
He heard there was a Taco Bell there now.

or

He's going to find all the places mentioned in the DaVinci Code before he starts practicing.

Meh, I like the first one better. I should have left it there. ;)
:lol: i like both, but let's face it: food trumps long, exhausting work for Andy any day...especially if mexican food is involved :p

DartMarcus
05-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Andy took more games of Roger than Nadal and Del Pony. Epic. :lol:

tangerine_dream
05-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Andy's not nearly as bad on clay as his detractors say. He once won a set off Rafa on clay too. He's even won some clay titles. Horrors.

Deboogle!.
05-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Andy's biggest problem on clay is always in his head. He's had a lot of losses on clay where he fights and then gets frustrated, and then gets blown out in the final set. It's all in his head b/c he doesn't have the confidence on it. We'll see what happens this year...

partygirl
05-18-2009, 08:45 AM
:lol: I love how little faith we have in him! ;) Andy for RG winner! :rocker2:...or at least the runner up plate for the eventual Taco bell run.;)

FlameOn
05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey guys. My first post here. I love Andy in every way. :drool: :D

I hope that while he's in Paris he's continuing to tune his clay-game. It didn't look too bad against Federer, and Andy said that due to his performance in Madrid he's feeling good going into the French. Honestly, I think like everyone else here it will be a pleasing performance if Andy surpasses his all-time amazing record of 3rd Round. :worship:

Seriously though, 2nd week is a big ask since there are many better dirtballers around than Andy but I think it would be great if he could.

Good luck A-Rod. :yeah:

Fumus
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Andy's biggest problem on clay is always in his head. He's had a lot of losses on clay where he fights and then gets frustrated, and then gets blown out in the final set. It's all in his head b/c he doesn't have the confidence on it. We'll see what happens this year...

:yeah: I think tactically he sometimes does the wrong stuff and it gets him in trouble. Then he doesn't change his tactics, he just keeps doing the wrong stuff but he tries it even harder. Then he gets more and more frustrated when it doesn't work. Hopefully Larry can help him a bit tactically. :cool:

The matches I saw last week, LOL, all two of the them were really encouraging. Certainly better than in years past, anyone remember that Chela match? In a way, they were also depressing I wish he'd played more events this season and put his best foot foreword. It's a long season though and I highly doubt that we'll care a month from now. Hopefully he's healthier for Wimbledon, the grass season, and the summer hard court season. If he makes the second week of RG, I will call him a scheduling genius.

tangerine_dream
05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Andy's already in Paris and he says he's excited to play RG this year. Perhaps we've underestimated his desire all along? :shrug:

Nice comments from him about the Rafa/Fed final, btw. Such a jerk. :)

Hi TVTennis, welcome. :wavey:

Andy's biggest problem on clay is always in his head.
I agree and this is true of many of the American players. As I said to Matt Cronin I think one problem is that after years of hearing that constant negative buzz in their ears every year, "Americans can't play on clay", they've now all psyched themselves out. I know mental toughness is part of the game but you can't tell me that hearing this crap all the time doesn't affect them on some subconscious level. It's just human nature. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

FlameOn
05-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Nice comments from him about the Rafa/Fed final, btw. Such a jerk.

Hi TVTennis, welcome.

Andy being a jerk is SUCH a myth. He's an emotional player but in the post-match interviews and everything else he gives his opponents nothing but credit even when he loses. Not that you guys needed convincing of that.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Deboogle!.
05-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Just FYI, when we say andy's a "jerk" we're being sarcastic b/c of all the stuff people say here in GM and other places. No one here in Andyland actually thinks Andy's a jerk ;) In fact, our thread for his charity work is titled about him being a jerk ;) :angel:

FlameOn
05-19-2009, 02:42 AM
Just FYI, when we say andy's a "jerk" we're being sarcastic b/c of all the stuff people say here in GM and other places. No one here in Andyland actually thinks Andy's a jerk ;) In fact, our thread for his charity work is titled about him being a jerk ;) :angel:
Alright, noted. ;)

Fumus
05-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Alright, noted. ;)

We also think Andy is a clay god and will surely win RG this year. :)

kaylee
05-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Heehee Ryan we shall remain optimistic!!!!!!!!!!

FlameOn
05-19-2009, 04:16 PM
We also think Andy is a clay god and will surely win RG this year. :)
I'll be happy if he makes the 4R or QF. Reaching the 3R in 2001 is a :help: all-time best record for a player of Roddick's elite status. :D

Fumus
05-19-2009, 08:24 PM
I'll be happy if he makes the 4R or QF. Reaching the 3R in 2001 is a :help: all-time best record for a player of Roddick's elite status. :D

Elite or not, when someone doesn't care, they don't care. Roddick has shown that he can play on clay but chooses not to take events played on the surface seriously unless it's Davis Cup...or apparently if he's playing Tommy Haas or Roger Federer last week. So maybe there's hope afterall? :confused:

tangerine_dream
05-20-2009, 11:06 PM
:zzz:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6329262.ece

Andy Roddick downbeat on French Open chances
Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent
May 21, 2009

An American in Paris conjures distinct images, Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron’s magical interpretation of Gershwin’s music, loud people in louder jackets staring blankly at the departures board at Charles de Gaulle airport and a succession of players with similar expressions in the French Open conference room. Andy Roddick has been among their number before — the players, that is — and it is highly possible that he will be again.

There have been two female American champions at Roland Garros in the past 23 years; one male in 17 — Andre Agassi a decade ago. As the tennis family congregates for the second grand-slam tournament of 2009, starting on Sunday, the most obvious concentration is on a prospective showdown between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, and whether Dinara Safina, the women’s world No 1, can win her third clay-court title in succession and break her duck in the grand-slam events.

Roddick, 26, will not merit a second glance, even from the Americans. He has only just returned to the tour a married man, having spent much of April zip-lining through Costa Rica with Brooklyn Decker, his model wife of five weeks.

In seven starts at Roland Garros, the world No 6 has reached the third round once. He lasted two matches in Madrid last week, so Paris may be little more than a convenient stopover before reaching the sanctuary of London’s grass. “I have been out \ here ten years and the schedule I had at the start of this year meant my body needed time to recoup,” he said. “It wasn’t by accident we planned the wedding for when it happened, but I am also at the middle, or perhaps closing in on, the final third of my career and you need to put your body first.”

Roddick has noted with some alarm the sprouting of players in the decade in which he has gone from an exceptional physical specimen to one who stands shoulder to shoulder with the group. “I’ve had to change my fitness programme and it almost takes precedence over the tennis part of it,” he said. “It’s much more about legs these days. I’m probably the only player in the top ten who would be considered a big server, whereas when I started there was Krajicek, Ivanisevic, Becker, Sampras. But I still love the process and I’m having more fun than ever. Whether that’s because I’m so content off court, who knows, but things could not be better.”

Asked about the prospect of an American male emulating the likes of Agassi, Jim Courier and Michael Chang, who broke a 34-year drought in 1989, he laughed under his breath. “I probably don’t see it changing,” he said. “To me there are no hard-court specialists, no grass-court specialists, but there are clay-court specialists. We are making up ground on these guys from childhood. You could get away with shot-making in Paris in the past, but not now. There is a different type of footwork required, every shot is played just that little bit differently.”

It is ironic that Roddick recently joined Team Lagardère, a privately owned and sponsored group brought together by Arnaud Lagardère, a millionaire businessman who has stoked the fires of competition with the French Tennis Federation.

Richard Gasquet, like Roddick a client of the famed Lacoste clothing line, is also in the Lagardère team, which is rallying around the 23-year-old, who faces a two-year suspension after a positive test for cocaine, a prohibited substance.

Being inside the tennis jet set for as long as he has, Roddick recognises its various temptations. “It wasn’t tough for me,” he said. “I went to a normal school, I was socially adaptable. It is about making good decisions within the limitations placed on you.

“I knew having one night out would cost me three days, which wasn’t worth it. What you had to give up brought rewards in other ways. I am speaking from an uninformed standpoint where Richard is concerned, but I’d hate in any case to think that one bad decision could cost so much.”

heya
05-21-2009, 03:30 AM
“It wasn’t tough for me,” he said. “I went to a normal school, I was socially adaptable. It is about making good decisions within the limitations placed on you.

“I knew having one night out would cost me three days, which wasn’t worth it. What you had to give up brought rewards in other ways. I am speaking from an uninformed standpoint where Richard is concerned, but I’d hate in any case to think that one bad decision could cost so much.”
After wasting 5 years to win Davis Cup, prance around buffets and bars, find a wife and play exhibitions, you still say "I'm saving myself for the last 3rd of the 'career'." :o

Prostitute Andy acts all physically athletic, emotionally unneedy, educated, and caring like his mommy does. :worship: :haha::haha::haha:Anything to make you feel better and sleep better at night!...Only Fed fans don't feel numb for you, Andy...:wavey: :haha:

FlameOn
05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I actually find it good in a way that Andy's not too hung up about the French Open. With Verdasco and Djokovic primed for great runs there I'd be supporting too many players. :D

For Andy, bring on Wimbledon. :armed: Although I do hope he does well at the French too.