Who is going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who is going?

Jimnik
04-14-2009, 12:19 AM
I'll be there every day, including quallies.

Hope to see some of you guys there. :wavey:

adee-gee
04-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi mate :wavey:

I'm gonna go on the Saturday for qualifying + practice. Doubt I'll go on the Sunday, will probably be watching Rafa collect another RG trophy.

Might go there at some point during the week for a day or two if I can get tickets, I forgot to enter the ballot (again :o )

Dupuis2006
04-15-2009, 02:49 AM
I'll be there on Saturday and then probably go Tues. or Wed. Hopefully we get tickets tomorrow morning. I have to get up at 2am to try and get them. :)

Dupuis2006
04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Got tickets this morning! :bounce:

watchdogfish
04-22-2009, 11:18 AM
^congrats! What day/court?

I have tickets for Court 1 on the Monday. I might do what I did last year too and get a ground pass for the Wednesday as well.

Dupuis2006
04-24-2009, 01:50 AM
^congrats! What day/court?

I have tickets for Court 1 on the Monday. I might do what I did last year too and get a ground pass for the Wednesday as well.

I got tickets for Tues. but I'll go on Saturday for Qualies and maybe go on Monday as well and get a Grounds Pass. :D

ImmzB
05-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Going go 2 the Qualifying Matches!!
Qureshi needs 2 be in there!!

lac
05-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me - I'm hoping to go to Queen's on the Monday or Tuesday and I really want to see Safin play. I just wanted to know if anyone has been to the tournament before and knows which court Safin is more likely to play on - Centre Court or Court 1? I thought that if Safin plays on the Monday then him and Lleyton Hewitt would propably be the most likely players to be on Centre Court but I'm not sure. Or does anyone know when the draw comes out, in case I should wait to buy a ticket?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!

Dupuis2006
05-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Has anyone been to Qualies here before? I know that it's free so do you just kind of walk in? They use like 8 courts and 2 rounds are played on Saturday? Are the top players around practicing? Are there many people(fans) around?

Jimnik
05-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi mate :wavey:

I'm gonna go on the Saturday for qualifying + practice. Doubt I'll go on the Sunday, will probably be watching Rafa collect another RG trophy.

Might go there at some point during the week for a day or two if I can get tickets, I forgot to enter the ballot (again :o )
Check your PMs. :wavey:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me - I'm hoping to go to Queen's on the Monday or Tuesday and I really want to see Safin play. I just wanted to know if anyone has been to the tournament before and knows which court Safin is more likely to play on - Centre Court or Court 1? I thought that if Safin plays on the Monday then him and Lleyton Hewitt would propably be the most likely players to be on Centre Court but I'm not sure. Or does anyone know when the draw comes out, in case I should wait to buy a ticket?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!
The draw is out Saturday 6th June. You'll probably still get tickets for the Monday but Tuesday might be pushing it. As for which court they play on, I'm afraid there's no way of telling. It's possible Safin will be a top 8 seed in which case he might not play until Wednesday. Hewitt will almost certainly be on centre, as a four times former champion.

Has anyone been to Qualies here before? I know that it's free so do you just kind of walk in? They use like 8 courts and 2 rounds are played on Saturday? Are the top players around practicing? Are there many people(fans) around?
Yes, you can pretty much just walk in. Many top players are already there, especially non-Europeans who basically come straight from Roland Garros. The practise courts can sometimes be a bit overcrowded (like when Roddick or Djokovic are there) but the grounds are generally quite empty on Saturday.

gaynor
05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I'll be there for qualifying on Saturday and probably on Sunday if any of the Brits make it to the final round.

Dupuis2006
05-25-2009, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know if you can go the Friday before the tournament starts and look around and see players practice and such?

ImmzB
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Went 2 Queens today.

Purrfecta
05-28-2009, 09:05 PM
I am going on Monday and Tuesday,only have ground tickets but have access to court 2 and 9,so am hoping I get lucky and maybe see at least one or two of the popular players in action.Fingers crossed.

L.R
05-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know a not crappy but not too expensive hotel to stay ?!

I'd like to go on Monday and Tuesday, maybe Wednesday, the problem being were to stay not too far from the club...

another question would be, if you buy tickets for one of the main court, do you have access to all ground courts and practice courts, like they do in RG, or does it work differently ?

telfer
06-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Does anybody know when the qualifying starts on Saturday?

gaynor
06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Last year it was at 10, I assume it will be the same this year.

ImmzB
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I went there they said it is at 11.00 but last year it was 10.00 so....

Count Zero
06-01-2009, 08:39 PM
io hope it will still be free entry. but it's not run by stella anymore but the lta.

gaynor
06-04-2009, 11:49 PM
I've just seen on the website the qualifying is £5 this year.

adee-gee
06-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Expected :lol:

I'm gonna go on Saturday. Forecast isn't good though :scared:

Forever-Delayed
06-05-2009, 11:56 AM
£5 isn't too bad considering for the first day of Eastbourne qualifying, which surely won't be as strong, is supposed to be £12.

I'll be there for qualifying on Saturday and possibly Sunday as well.

Sheepy
06-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I wish I was going. No luck through the ballot but exam timetabling put paid to any chance I'd have of being able to go anyway.

Dupuis2006
06-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I went by there today to check things out but got kicked out like 10 minutes after sneaking in. :lol: So different seeing the blue instead of red.

jitterbug
06-11-2009, 02:13 AM
Does anybody want to buy 2 tickets to the finals? My friend just found out that she cannot make it, and will need to sell them off.

They're great seats apparently: Row E, East A Stand. Please PM me if you're interested!