The Hot Swimmers Picspam Thread :) (aka the Chat Thread) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Hot Swimmers Picspam Thread :) (aka the Chat Thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

J. Corwin
12-03-2003, 07:11 PM
All we need is love, love :smoke:

MisterQ
12-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Well done jackson! This thread is destined for great chit-chat.

We have some guys over at our apartment tearing up and rebuilding the bathroom floor. So I have to hang around all day while they do that. BORING!

MisterQ
12-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Maybe they are chronic nose pickers who need something to deter them.

J. Corwin
12-03-2003, 07:28 PM
You can always twiddle your thumbs, Mister Q. ;)

Maybe the whole point of those talons is for ease of nose-pickage?

MisterQ
12-03-2003, 07:54 PM
You can always twiddle your thumbs, Mister Q. ;)

OK, I just tried that. It was interesting for about 19 seconds.

Any more ideas? lol
:)

Deboogle!.
12-03-2003, 10:17 PM
LMFAO you guys are cracking me up.

I don't understand fake nails, maybe b/c I don't need them (I must cut my nails every 2 weeks or I start to get talons of my own) but ew... gluing plastic to myself? No thanks.

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 02:04 AM
OK, I just tried that. It was interesting for about 19 seconds.

Any more ideas? lol

Try to whistle some tunes or snap your fingers. :D

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 02:05 AM
LMFAO you guys are cracking me up.

I don't understand fake nails, maybe b/c I don't need them (I must cut my nails every 2 weeks or I start to get talons of my own) but ew... gluing plastic to myself? No thanks.

That's good because:

natural > fake

MisterQ
12-04-2003, 04:09 AM
Try to whistle some tunes or snap your fingers. :D

Thanks jackson. Actually, I just got back from the opera! It was an excellent production. I didn't whistle along or snap my fingers ---- opera audiences don't dig that. But I like to tap my toes in my shoes, and no one knows I'm groovin' to it. lol

Havok
12-04-2003, 04:12 AM
Thanks jackson. Actually, I just got back from the opera! It was an excellent production. I didn't whistle along or snap my fingers ---- opera audiences don't dig that. But I like to tap my toes in my shoes, and no one knows I'm groovin' to it. lol
opera:zzz:
i dont know how you did it:worship:
so anyways......................

Deboogle!.
12-04-2003, 04:16 AM
lol yes I totally agree jackson.

MisterQ
12-04-2003, 04:29 AM
opera:zzz:
i dont know how you did it:worship:
so anyways......................

lol Naldo. I know where you're coming from. Some operas are pretty boring and/or long and/or stupid. And almost always badly acted!

But I love music of just about any kind, and the fact that there are sets and lights is an added bonus.

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 06:21 AM
I wouldn't be able to sit through an opera and enjoy it. But if you can, more power to ya. :)

Toe-tapping works. ;)

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 07:22 AM
I thought that too till i tried it babe...it can actually be a rather pleasant experience :)

Hurley
12-04-2003, 07:31 AM
All this talk about nails...how do I stop biting mine!

For years and years my fingernails have been bitten to the quick. Anyone have any solutions?

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 07:38 AM
All this talk about nails...how do I stop biting mine!

For years and years my fingernails have been bitten to the quick. Anyone have any solutions?

have you tried that clear nail coating that tastes really bad? that might work..

nail biting is usually a nervous habit so maybe bite something else like the end of a pen instead, lol

Jag
12-04-2003, 09:04 AM
Yeah until the ink explodes in ya mouth - blue tongue, hmm, nice touch...not lol

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 09:04 AM
Biting pens isn't exactly a "good" habit either lol

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 09:05 AM
better than nails, lmao

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 09:06 AM
:P Ice...i've been chewing on pens for years and have yet to get a mouthful of ink

Jag
12-04-2003, 09:10 AM
lol, you must have a good technique then because this girl I knew was stupid enough to chew tipex, or white out as you guys call it and the thing exploded in her mouth - not pretty

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 09:14 AM
well damn...don't chew that shit, lol

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 09:16 AM
And you can't chew THAT hard, sheesh lol

Jag
12-04-2003, 10:54 AM
lol she did - I walked to the bathroom and she opened her mouth and it was all white and I was like, 'ewwwwwwww' that was pretty gross, I'm sure it wasn't good for her either

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 11:42 AM
ick ick

*horrid visions*

Jag
12-04-2003, 11:47 AM
*is sure your visions are as horrid as the reality was* ew

andylover_16
12-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Does anyone else get kinda queasy whenever they see those two-inch long talons on women who then decorate them with decals and glitter and paint flags, angels and whatnot on them?

Ever wonder how they pick their nose with those things? Do they ever get nosebleeds? Ouch. :eek:

omg..that is so hideous:ras:..its tacky!...major fashion emergency!:eek:

Jag
12-04-2003, 01:41 PM
lol the only reason I didn't comment on that is cos I get plastic glued to my hands sometimes too lmao, it's fun!! lol

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 04:15 PM
ok...one question lingers in my mind on this whole issue of "talons"

How on earth do those women masturbate without severely injuring themselves?
*cringe*

Deboogle!.
12-04-2003, 04:50 PM
ummm.... I'm not even gonna go there except to say...not all women masturbate?

MisterQ
12-04-2003, 04:58 PM
ok...one question lingers in my mind on this whole issue of "talons"

How on earth do those women masturbate without severely injuring themselves?
*cringe*

Massive masturbation THIMBLES. ;)

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Massive masturbation THIMBLES. ;)

lol exactly ;)

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 06:53 PM
lmfao.

:haha:

Havok
12-04-2003, 08:08 PM
:haha: at where this is heading, but women can also use that device instead of their taloned fingers:lol:

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 08:27 PM
lmfao...that can get boring after a while though...ok, that was prolly too much info, lol.

all the same...much love to the B.O.B.'s (battery operated boyfriend)

Havok
12-04-2003, 09:05 PM
yes too much info:scared:

Prophetic
12-04-2003, 09:58 PM
lmao...you're the one that brought it up :P

Hurley
12-04-2003, 11:16 PM
have you tried that clear nail coating that tastes really bad? that might work..

I was hoping that would be my last resort...but I guess nothing else works as well ;)

nail biting is usually a nervous habit so maybe bite something else like the end of a pen instead, lol

Yes, I'm always sticking things in my mouth, I have an oral fixation, and DON'T YOU PERVERTS SAY A DAMN WORD. :eek: :D But there is nothing like getting that satisfying click when you break through the nail with your teeth...ahhh it's like heroin :D

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 11:17 PM
I was hoping that would be my last resort...but I guess nothing else works as well ;)

Yes, I'm always sticking things in my mouth, I have an oral fixation, and DON'T YOU PERVERTS SAY A DAMN WORD. :eek: :D But there is nothing like getting that satisfying click when you break through the nail with your teeth...ahhh it's like heroin :D

So you've done heroin I see.

Hurley
12-04-2003, 11:18 PM
Yes, but who needs it when you have fingernails!

J. Corwin
lmfao...that can get boring after a while though...ok, that was prolly too much info, lol.

all the same...much love to the B.O.B.'s (battery operated boyfriend)

Sometimes you just have to hold back from saying what's on your mind hun. :p

Hurley
I'm just kidding. Don't do drugs, kids. :D

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Yes, but who needs it when you have fingernails!

Fingernails are healthier. :D

Hurley
12-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Not the way I chew them.

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 11:21 PM
Mind expounding?

Hurley
12-04-2003, 11:34 PM
That much nail in the system can't be good. I doubt one's stomach acids can dissolve it, so a large amount probably scrapes up one's intestines and colon.

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Well I didn't know you chew up that much nail.
You might have messed up insides.

But who cares, right?

Hurley
12-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Perhaps this is why I have bad dreams and poop a lot!

J. Corwin
12-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Association does not mean causation.

Deboogle!.
12-05-2003, 12:05 AM
this conversation has turned decidedly disgusting! lol

J. Corwin
12-05-2003, 12:25 AM
It was OK until Hurley over there mentioned defecation.

Prophetic
12-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Sometimes you just have to hold back from saying what's on your mind hun. :p

but that would be just sooooooo

not me, lol

The day I start to censor myself is the day I die inside.

Deboogle!.
12-05-2003, 01:44 AM
lol Lucidd, I hear you!!!

Prophetic
12-05-2003, 01:50 AM
^^WOOOOOO

someone who won't try to :tape: me, lol

I have a theory...people are often the most uncomfortable around the truth. I could go into that in depth and examine all the reasons that I refuse to muzzle myself but..I'm lazy

Deboogle!.
12-05-2003, 01:58 AM
yeah..... being blunt as all hell has gotten me into trouble before, but it's worth it. As my mom says "you always know where you stand with Deb"

my tag on another message board is "Sometimes the truth hurts." I definitely call it like I see it lol. But I also try really hard to have tact and respect others, especially others' opinions, because I like debating and disagreeing as long as it's respectful and mature. it's a nice balance :)

Prophetic
12-05-2003, 02:34 AM
lmao...usually i'm the same way unless someone aggrivates me to the point that I get into "fighter" mode. If someone disrespects me in a bad way then I'm not gonna be very nice. That's when things can get U.G.L.Y. I have limits as to what I'll say in public too...they're just a lot looser than most peoples.

lmfao..no one ever wonders where they stand with me either.

J. Corwin
12-05-2003, 05:50 AM
It's spelled "aggravate" hun. lol. The first time I thought it was a typo...but I've seen you type it that way more than once lol.

And I know, I was just playing around. Speak your mind at will. :)

Jag
12-05-2003, 09:26 AM
The day I start to censor myself is the day I die inside.
*nods* Too true. Call it like you see it. Not necessarily the best way but definitely the Ice way :p

J. Corwin
12-05-2003, 10:38 AM
The Ice way is the right way.

And uhh..you just called urself Ice. You're not Ice, remember? ;)

Jag
12-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah, um, the Jag way is the right way :P The Ice way is just a theory hehe

Havok
12-09-2003, 03:42 PM
soooooooooooo bored:sad: i have a 2 hour break at school, and i have nothing to do, as i`m finished with this semeseter tomorrow.:sad: freakin bored here, and this slow ass internet doesn`t help either:o

Deboogle!.
12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
ermmmm..... read a book? lol

J. Corwin
12-09-2003, 08:42 PM
lol lucky you Naldo. I still got a week to go here before I leave this place.

Jag
12-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Aw poor Jace lol I still got a week to go to though so you're not getting my sympathy from me on that account :grin:

Naldo, if you stay up late...real late, I'd be more than happy to keep ya company :P

tangerine_dream
12-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Anybody wanna play questionnaire with me? :bounce:

Favorite ATP Players (current)

American: Agassi/Roddick (I canít choooooooose!)

Spaniard: Ferrero

German: Haas

Russian: I donít like any of the Russians :shrug:

Asian: ditto :sad:

Australian: Hewitt

Latin American: Kuerten

French: :ras: canít think of any

British: Henman

Other European: Federer (Swiss)

Canadian: :confused: :scratch: :shrug: (haha, get it?) :lol:

Last movie you saw (did you like it?): ďLove, Actually.Ē It was cute but too long. My bladder couldnít take it!

Last book you read (did you like it?): Fast Food Nation. Highly recommended! Youíll never eat at McDonaldís again. :p

Favorite TV show(s): donít really have one anymore (used to watch ďFriendsĒ all the time). I like the news shows like Primetime and 20/20 and also the Discovery, Animal, and Bio/History channels

What famous (non-tennis) person would you like to have lunch with?: Hillary Clinton

Did you ever cry over a famous personís death? Who?: Yes. Princess Dianaís.

Scott Petersen. Guilty or Innocent?: Guilty

Are you the oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? youngest

Your zodiac sign: Aries

Whatís most annoying to you?
1) people who talk loudly on their cell phones in public places
2) trying to open a new CD
3) when Iíve typed up a really long, involved post only to have my computer crash just as Iím about to post it
4) Wal-mart shoppers
5) other annoyance (name it!)

Iíd have to say: Wal-mart shoppers! I went there once; not going back! (Target is better anyways) :yeah:

MisterQ
12-10-2003, 06:56 PM

American: Agassi (sorry Andy, like you too though)

Spaniard: Moya

German: Haas

Russian: Safin

Asian: Paradorn

Australian: don't love any of them --- probably Hewitt

Latin American: Guga!

French: Fabrice Santoro (also like Grosjean)

British: Henman (who else is there --- certainly not Rusedski, yuck!)

Other European: Federer

Canadian: same as tangerine, lol.

Last movie you saw (did you like it?): I think it was The Matrix Reloaded. And no, I didn't like it much at all. A friend of mine dragged me to it.

Last book you read (did you like it?): Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller --- I highly recommend it! Autobiographical accounts of a girl growing up in central Africa. (Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia)

Favorite TV show(s): probably the Simpsons, but I don't watch much TV anymore, except sometimes I leave CNN on...

What famous (non-tennis) person would you like to have lunch with?: Dmitri Shostakovich. But he's dead. Maybe Stephen Sondheim.

Did you ever cry over a famous personís death? Who?: Leonard Bernstein.

Scott Petersen. Guilty or Innocent?: Couldn't care less.

Are you the oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? oldest of 2

Your zodiac sign: Taurus (don't mess with me, lol!)

Whatís most annoying to you? People who bring small loud children to concerts or leave their cell phones on and let them ring or open candy wrappers very slowly and loudly in the middle of a piece. Also hearing George W. Bush talk.
[/QUOTE]

J. Corwin
12-10-2003, 07:57 PM
Aw poor Jace lol I still got a week to go to though so you're not getting my sympathy from me on that account :grin:

Aw shucks.

Deboogle!.
12-10-2003, 08:02 PM
oh fun!

American: Andy

Spaniard: Lopez (us lefties gotta hang together! :p)

German: er.... none

Russian: ditto

Asian: Paradorn (isn't he the only one? LOL)

Australian: Hewitt

Latin American: Kuerten

French: only one I know is Grosjean and I don't have an opinion

British: Henman

Other European: ermmm....

Canadian: don't know any (and tangerine, no I didn't get it boohoo)

Last movie you saw (did you like it?): "A View From the Top" - we were all pleasantly surprised!

Last book you read (did you like it?): umm for pleasure? I don't even remember. I started rereading A Tale of Two Cities on the plane home for Thanksgiving and I'll read more of it at home.

(btw, I had to read Fast Food Nation for a class... definitely one of my FAVORITES!!!! Thankfully I never ate McD's anyway!)

Favorite TV show(s): er.... everything lol, Friends, Real World, American Idol, Gilmore Girls, Everwood, Good Morning Miami, Punk'd, and more.... and The Simple Life is the most goddamn hilarious thing I've ever seen!!!!

What famous (non-tennis) person would you like to have lunch with?: eek... ummm.... the Backstreet Boys? :p or Jon Stewart

Did you ever cry over a famous personís death? Who?: I don't think so...

Are you the oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? Only

Your zodiac sign: Cancer

*hangs head* so many things piss me off that I have a whole list on my website. http://home.earthlink.net/~musicfanatic/peeves.html if you're really dying to know that badly.

tangerine_dream
12-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Canadian: don't know any (and tangerine, no I didn't get it boohoo)

I'll put it to you this way: for Canada to have a top ATP player is like the US having a famous male soccer player. LOL.

Deboogle!.
12-10-2003, 09:45 PM
aha gotcha

J. Corwin
12-11-2003, 04:15 AM

American: Andy

Spaniard: Albert (Costa)

German: Tommy

Russian: none

Asian: Paradorn (Bunk, you forgot Hung-Taik ;) )

Australian: Lleyton

Latin American: Guga

French: Seb

British: Tim

Other European: Guillermo

Canadian: none

Last movie you saw (did you like it?): Elf

Last book you read (did you like it?): I don't remember

Favorite TV show(s): Fear Factor, Amazing Race, The O.C., Everwood, Extreme Dating, Elimi-Date, The Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle...used to watch Unsolved Mysteries (isn't even still on?)...and other shows or News I'll watch sometimes if I catch it.

What famous (non-tennis) person would you like to have lunch with?: Arnold S. lol

Did you ever cry over a famous personís death? Who?: I doubt it.

Are you the oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? Middle

Your zodiac sign: Scorpio

Too many things that I'm too lazy to name. Yes that involves deep critical thinking on my part and I'm just not up for it.

Jag
12-11-2003, 09:47 AM

American: Andy, duh.

Spaniard: Ferrero

German: Tommy

Russian: Safin is okay sometimes...when he's not being a diva

Asian: none

Australian: Rafter will always be the only one, current or not

Latin American: Guga

French: ick although Grosjean is really nice

British: Ew to anyone who said Henman. Ugh. That guy is an embarrassment. Anne Keothavong - she plays at my club :P

Other European: Schalken

Canadian: Um, one of those doubles guys?

Last movie you saw (did you like it?): Timeline. Nuf said. lmfao

Last book you read (did you like it?): I don't read books. Period.

Favorite TV show(s): Considering I'm not allowed TV, this list is pretty impressive: Buffy (sob), Angel (sob), DC (funnyyyyy), Smallville (sue me), Friends, (soon to be sob), Dark Angel (sob), Simpsons (although technically, this is a cartoon), Malcom in the Middle - funniness. And yeah, that's about it.

What famous (non-tennis) person would you like to have lunch with?: Eminem.

Did you ever cry over a famous personís death? Who?: I think I came close when I Princess Diana died but it was mostly shock.

Scott Petersen. Guilty or Innocent?: Um...who?

Are you the oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? Oldest. Ugh.

Your zodiac sign: Le le le LEOOOO

The establishment and the whole order of the fucking system.

tangerine_dream
12-11-2003, 04:59 PM
British: Ew to anyone who said Henman. Ugh. That guy is an embarrassment. Anne Keothavong - she plays at my club :P

LOL. Well, there's not much to choose from on the men's side and I'm definitely not voting for Greg Rude-ski. :ras:

Hey rjackson, I LOVE the Amazing Race!!! That's the only reality show I watch religiously. I'm so glad they picked it up for a fifth season. I wish people would tune in and see what a GOOD reality show can be like. ;) I don't want it to be cancelled if the ratings don't pick up. :(

What famous (non-tennis) person would you like to have lunch with?: Jon Stewart

Oooh! Good one bunk! I LOVE the Daily Show. I don't even bother watching the local news anymore (too depressing, too biased, and is it my imagination or are local newscasters the most amateurish news reporters ever??), I just tune in to Jon Stewart at 11:00pm, who I can count on as always being ridiculously hilarious and clever. :bounce:

Deboogle!.
12-12-2003, 12:33 AM
aww I like Tim

and Jon Stewart :bowdown:

J. Corwin
12-12-2003, 01:16 AM
I watched Amazing Race religiously too. ;)
It's a great show and I can't wait for the 5th season to start.

Jag
12-12-2003, 10:12 AM
*doesn't get Amazing Race*

lol tangerine_dream, I hear ya but the hate I have for Tim Henman is enough for me to vote Greg lmao

J. Corwin
12-12-2003, 10:48 AM
What do you mean you don't get it (Amazing Race)?

Why do you hate Timmy?

Jag
12-12-2003, 01:20 PM
lol, I don't mean I'm thick enough to not understand it, I mean I don't get it, i.e., I don't get that show over here, at least not on normal TV lol

And...TIMMY?! EW!!! That makes him sound cute and he is anything BUT! I hate him because he's so typically British - arrogance embodied :P

J. Corwin
12-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Oh ok.

And...I say Timmy more in mockery, not because I think he's cute. lol. I never detected arrogance in him, but that's just me.
(Are you typically British?)

tangerine_dream
12-13-2003, 07:07 PM
I'm going to the movies this weekend and wanted to know if any of you have seen either ELF or MASTER AND COMMANDER? Any good?

J. Corwin
12-13-2003, 08:04 PM
I've seen ELF. It was hilarious! I'd recommend it.

Deboogle!.
12-13-2003, 09:05 PM
they're both supposed to be really good movies tangerine... I've heard great things about both. TOTALLY different though so you should decide if you want family/comedy or drama/action lol

tangerine_dream
12-16-2003, 10:43 PM
Hey you guys! :wavey:

Start rating all the other threads you like! I rated all the picture threads, the article threads, pretty much everything.

We own this place. Hehehe. ;)

Deboogle!.
12-16-2003, 10:59 PM
lol bored this afternoon? lol

J. Corwin
12-17-2003, 01:02 AM
I'll do that if I get bored enough. ;)

tangerine_dream
12-17-2003, 01:04 AM
lol bored this afternoon? lol

Too obvious huh? :lol:

Deboogle!.
12-17-2003, 02:06 AM
lol yep sorry LOL

Havok
12-17-2003, 06:51 PM
*in the process of rating all thread*
YES a rating appeared:rocker2:

Deboogle!.
12-17-2003, 07:05 PM
hahahahahaha

J. Corwin
12-18-2003, 02:04 AM
lol

tangerine_dream
12-20-2003, 05:34 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry I disappeared suddenly from the AIM chat last night. :( My computer ran out of memory because I was running several programs and it quit on me suddenly.

Just didn't want you guys to think I ran out without saying good night!

Prophetic
12-20-2003, 05:36 AM
haha..no thing...the others went to bed right after anyway

Deboogle!.
12-20-2003, 05:36 AM
lol it's ok.... you inspired the rest of us to leave/go to bed too LMAO!

J. Corwin
12-20-2003, 10:53 AM
It's all good, lol.

tangerine_dream
12-21-2003, 04:35 AM
Wow, this is really cool! Do you guys believe in ghosts? Check out this story and the picture. :scared:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/19/hampton.ghost.ap/index.html

MisterQ
12-21-2003, 04:42 AM
Ooo, scary!

Not sure if I believe in ghosts. I guess I don't really, but some people I know and trust have told me about seeing them. And they weren't joking. So who knows, there are some things that are beyond rational explanation.

J. Corwin
12-21-2003, 09:10 AM
Freaky!

There are definitely things beyond human comprehension and rational, logical explanation. Ignorance is bliss.

Speaking of such things, anybody here think there really are extraterrestrial bodies hidden in Area 51?

Prophetic
12-21-2003, 04:14 PM
Freaky!

There are definitely things beyond human comprehension and rational, logical explanation. Ignorance is bliss.

Speaking of such things, anybody here think there really are extraterrestrial bodies hidden in Area 51?

haha..no way....

they're hidden WAY better than that. Area 51 is too obvious. I was watching this special where they were showing the alien autopsy tape to special effects people that do movies like Jurassic Park and all that and asking for the expert opinion on it. They all said that they didn't know what to think because there was no way that they could have made it themselves. It was too real to be special effects. They stopped short of saying that they thought that aliens were being sliced and diced but they basically said that whatever was being autopsied was a real, living (at one point) thing. No effects used. Then they got vid tape experts to date it and they said that it dated back to pretty much exactly the time of the "alien crash landing" at Roswell. Weird shit.

Deboogle!.
12-21-2003, 05:11 PM
well, I just don't believe in any of that stuff... I believe there's life on other planets b/c the universe is far too vast for the Earth to be the only planet with life, but I don't think the government is hiding beings in a desert somewhere lol

tangerine_dream
12-21-2003, 08:07 PM
I do believe in spirits/ghosts because I've had my own experiences with them. I don't believe in poltergiests, though. Well, I'll believe it when I see it! And I hope I never see it. ;)

As for aliens, if there are aliens on our planet now I'll bet they are hiding out in the one place man still has not explored nor can we get to: the black depths of the ocean. Think "The Abyss".

But I love a good ghost story. I kinda hope this ghost at the palace is real and not a fake. :)

J. Corwin
12-21-2003, 08:19 PM
I hope it's real as well.

heya
12-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Do you believe in reincarnation?
A few times, I've experienced deja vu, having
been to some place only once.

Deboogle!.
12-21-2003, 10:29 PM
I don't believe in anything, not even afterlife.

J. Corwin
12-21-2003, 10:59 PM
I think everyone's experienced deja vu before. But I just remember the stuff happening in the past...not necessarily "oh, this seemed to have happened in a previous life".

And no, I don't believe in reincarnation.

star
12-22-2003, 05:17 AM
All the paranormal... ghosts.... aliens... scifi... leaves me cold. I have no imagination..... lol.

Anyway...... just wanted to say.... I saw City of God this weekend. It is a terrific movie. Please don't be put off by the reviews that talk about the violence. I really can't stand violent movies. I shut my eyes and put my fingers in my ears... I don't care anymore what anyone thinks. I just hate it. But this is different. It is very cruel in parts, but their lives are very cruel. Also it isn't gratuitous violence like in lots of American movies. It isn't a lot of special effects and slow motion dying etc.

But the camera work and story telling is terrific. Very gritty and telling of a world that is real but that most of us know nothing about.

This was my big movie fest this weekend. I saw lots of movies. I liked best City of God. Also Dirty Pretty Things is good. And of course....... Lord of the Rings. I usually don't like these kind of movies, but I have enjoyed this trilogy. I liked TTT and ROTK the best. :)

Thumbs down to Master and Commander and The Last Samurai.

Deboogle!.
12-22-2003, 05:17 AM
this is the chit chat thread and this is sort of a random observation so I guess it's not too random...

but does anyone ever notice the amount of haters who browse this forum? I'd never bother going to a forum of a player I didn't like... don't these people have other stuff to do? LOL

star
12-22-2003, 05:34 AM
Yeah. What's up with going to the thread of a player you don't like. I don't do that either.

But I have to say that I've never noticed who comes to this forum. How do you tell who browses or lurks here?

Deboogle!.
12-22-2003, 05:39 AM
once in a while I check it out ;) y'know, just curious hehe. Down at the bottom of the main forum page it shows who's browsing the forum (some people elect not to show up on that list which is why the number it says might be off from the names listed)

star
12-22-2003, 05:42 AM
Is that why you arent listed? ;)

Also...... why isn't Mister Q talking to us? :sad:

Deboogle!.
12-22-2003, 05:45 AM
lol I didn't think I'd checked that off but then again I may have.... he might've left the window open but is doing something else or away from the computer - I think it'd still show the person as being in the forum still even if they're not actually actively reading/posting.

star
12-22-2003, 05:50 AM
So it says thtat 9 are viewing, but only three names are listed and two of them aren't posting.

Officially, I am the only one here!! :)

star
12-22-2003, 05:53 AM
Ok. Now I really am going to bed. I've been slogging through this book and finally after 3/4 of the way through, it's getting really interesting.

Army at Dawn.

I've learned a lot of stuff I didn't know.

MisterQ
12-22-2003, 05:56 AM
Is that why you arent listed? ;)

Also...... why isn't Mister Q talking to us? :sad:

NO! My days of voyeurism are over! I've been caught!

Actually, bunk's right, sometimes I do something else but leave my computer online for a while.

Also, I'm home for the holidays and dealing with a REALLY SLOW internet connection. So posting requires patience. deep breaths. meditation.
;)

heya
12-22-2003, 06:04 AM
I checked the 1 poster's profile, and he's an Andy fan. :p

J. Corwin
12-22-2003, 07:11 AM
Yep. Although I usually can't be seen browing the forums (;)), I may be online and have this window open, but I'm not exactly here. Or I'm here but I'm doing or working on other things.

Seeing who browses this forum from time to time amuses me (doesn't take much to amuse me).

Deboogle!.
12-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Also, I'm home for the holidays and dealing with a REALLY SLOW internet connection. So posting requires patience. deep breaths. meditation.
;)

omg you poor pooooooooooor thing!!!!!!

tangerine_dream
12-22-2003, 04:15 PM
but does anyone ever notice the amount of haters who browse this forum? I'd never bother going to a forum of a player I didn't like... don't these people have other stuff to do? LOL

:haha: ROFL! I noticed that too, bunk! How pathetic can they be? I mean, the last forum I'd show up in is the Daveeed :baby: forum (does he even have one? and who cares? LOL) But Andy's special. Some people just love to hate him and they can't get enough of him. :devil:

Sometimes I've seen huge numbers of people in this forum (usually when someone posts a new picture in the "Bizarre, Obscene..." thread, the numbers suddenly jump). I like to click on their names and see what they're looking at. Hee!

There are a lot of Andy fans still lurking here, too. Perhaps they'll come out of the woodwork when the tennis season starts up again. Or maybe they're afraid of us. :scared: :lol:

Deboogle!.
12-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Or maybe they're afraid of us. :scared: :lol:

tangy, sometimes I'm afraid of us! :p

but, glad someone else finds it amusing as I do

hi haters! :wavey:

tangerine_dream
12-22-2003, 04:41 PM
tangy, sometimes I'm afraid of us! :p

but, glad someone else finds it amusing as I do

hi haters! :wavey:

:yeah: bunk!

Deboogle!.
12-22-2003, 04:57 PM

:yeah: bunk!

LOL

:hug:

J. Corwin
12-22-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi people who are reading this very post. ;)

I get giddy seeing non-Andy fans in this forum. lol

Deboogle!.
12-22-2003, 09:46 PM
giddy? LOL why giddy?

J. Corwin
12-22-2003, 10:25 PM
It amuses me. :)

tangerine_dream
12-24-2003, 02:25 AM
I know this is an Andy thread but I just wanted to make sure that the Andre fans here (jackson, Deb, MisterQ, and anyone else) saw this, which I also posted on Andre's board:

--------
I was watching my taped Dr Phil show today and guess what he announced? That the one and only ANDRE :worship: AGASSI will be on his show tomorrow!! (WHY? I don't know and I don't care! I'm there! :lol: )

Andre won't be on it for the entire show but it has something to do with kids looking up to sports figures as role models. Andre looks great in the preview; he admitted to being very nervous!

So look for Andre on Dr Phil tomorrow (Wed. Dec. 24) on CBS, 3:00PM EST.

:yeah:

Deboogle!.
12-24-2003, 02:31 AM
cool, I'll try to check it out!

just so everyone knows though, Dr Phil is syndicated so it's on a different station and time everywhere in the country.... I don't even know when it's on here!

tangerine_dream
12-24-2003, 02:38 AM
just so everyone knows though, Dr Phil is syndicated so it's on a different station and time everywhere in the country.... I don't even know when it's on here!

I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out, bunk! :bowdown:

J. Corwin
12-24-2003, 02:39 AM
Syndication be damned!

Thanks for the heads-up Tangy!

Deboogle!.
12-24-2003, 03:39 AM
hey guys go up to GM to the New Balls thread and help me out, lmao

J. Corwin
12-24-2003, 04:34 AM
lol sure

Deboogle!.
12-24-2003, 04:38 AM
can someone remind me why I go up to GM again?

Oh yeah, I'm a masochist... :banghead:

star
12-24-2003, 05:18 AM
I can't help you out there because I only have bad things to say about Sampras. :)

Sorry! :wavey:

J. Corwin
12-24-2003, 10:43 AM
lol I was too late. I was only able to read.

tangerine_dream
12-24-2003, 03:49 PM
LOL, bunk! I think the lawyer in you just enjoys a good fight. :crazy:

BTW, guys, I'm leaving for home (Mass.) today for the holidays. I'll be gone for a few days, so I'll wish you all a

VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!

Luv you guys! See you in a bit. Group huggy. :hug:

Deboogle!.
12-24-2003, 05:17 PM
hahaha true... I wasn't trying to even say anything good about Pete. all I was trying to get Wyver to admit was that one person's exhaustion is no different from another person's exhaustion - he was looking for any and every opportunity to diss Andy and the double standards just really PISS ME OFF!

star
12-24-2003, 09:34 PM
*rushes around the thread removing all brick walls, and prepares a soft cozy pillow for Bunk, and a nice fan so she can cool off from GM*

J. Corwin
12-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Cya soon Tangy!

Merry Xmas! Have a great one!

Deboogle!.
12-24-2003, 10:11 PM
*rushes around the thread removing all brick walls, and prepares a soft cozy pillow for Bunk, and a nice fan so she can cool off from GM*

awwww :hug: you're so good to me :)

Deboogle!.
12-24-2003, 10:15 PM
So tonight for chanukah I got an IOU for a "shoe display box" LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J. Corwin
12-24-2003, 10:27 PM
lol. um..care to explain?

Deboogle!.
12-24-2003, 10:29 PM
for my Andy shoe.... lmao!!!!!!!!!!

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a clear lucite box!

J. Corwin
12-24-2003, 10:31 PM
ahhh!

ding! *lightbulb moment*

Deboogle!.
12-24-2003, 10:54 PM
hahahaa lol

star
12-25-2003, 09:59 PM
There are 15 (FIFTEEN) people viewing this thread right now???????????????????????? :eek:

:wavey: Welcome, Lurkers!!

Deboogle!.
12-25-2003, 10:01 PM
whoa really?????? That must be a mistake LOL!!!!!!!!

star
12-25-2003, 11:21 PM
:wavey: Mrlemonjello

Havok
12-26-2003, 12:20 AM
so bunk how do the shoes look like??? i would enter that contest as well and probably win for the same reasons you won, i think college has helped us and i hope we can write better than a bunch of teenage girls:o but the only problem is that it doesn't wanna make me post in there:yeah: i'll figure out a way and enter one of them. i want a Roddick pair of shoes as well, and i can actually wear them, i got big feet like Andy :sad: just gotta make them smell good :lol:

Deboogle!.
12-26-2003, 12:33 AM
lol Naldo.. really it's just a shoe, a big shoe, with his autograph on one side lol. It's clearly been worn out, there's one hole for the lace where it's almost ripped through. Other than that, just picture a big sneaker LMAO!!!!

I see they've taken down those contest forums. I noticed it when I went back and was gonna post my article on RO and it was gone :( I dunno if they'll put it back for the new season or not. I can't imagine they've run out of autographed stuff though lol

Havok
12-26-2003, 01:04 AM
it's just ONE shoe? or a pair of his shoes? and they took down the contest thingy for now, they'll put it back up once the new season starts

J. Corwin
12-26-2003, 03:03 AM
There are 15 (FIFTEEN) people viewing this thread right now???????????????????????? :eek:

:wavey: Welcome, Lurkers!!

That's probably not true. But it's much more believable than the "37 Viewing" that I've seen before. Funny thing is that I go back and see that there are only "27 Viewing" for the entire "Enter Player Forums". LOL.

Obviously it's a glitch. ;)

Deboogle!.
12-26-2003, 03:13 AM
yes Naldo, ONE shoe lol

ah so it'll go back up.... does that mean I can enter again? :devil:

J. Corwin
12-26-2003, 03:13 AM
Ok get this. I just came back in here and I saw "57 Viewing" for Andy Roddick.

J. Corwin
12-26-2003, 03:14 AM
One shoe doesn't cut it, lol

J. Corwin
12-26-2003, 03:15 AM
ok...there are now "61 Viewing"

J. Corwin
12-26-2003, 03:18 AM
"69 Viewing"

Deboogle!.
12-26-2003, 03:22 AM
haha but if you go to the bottom it says 6 - 3 members and 3 guests

Prophetic
12-26-2003, 04:34 PM
random:

I'm so damn sick that I want to be shot. This is soooo painful guys. I can't sleep at all :(

Deboogle!.
12-26-2003, 04:49 PM
oh noooooooooooooooooo :hug:

Can you take anything? I mean you can't do much for the flu but I dunno :sad:

star
12-26-2003, 06:16 PM
:hug: poor baby.

Takes Lucidd's temp and pulse.

You've got to take loads of asprin or ibuprofen. It is a MUST. You've got to take it every three or four hours and double up on the dose at least at first. And then you've got to drink like crazy. That's pretty much all you can do, and if it gets really bad you have to go to the ER. Really. Do you even have a thermometer?

MommyStar.

Deboogle!.
12-26-2003, 06:18 PM
aww you really are the mommy of the Andy board!

and I actually heard on the news that some hospitals here are turning away really sick people, they say, so the flu doesn't spread through the ER!! Can you believe that??????

star
12-26-2003, 06:28 PM
I believe any horror story from any hospital. I'm very jaded about health care in the U.S.

Deboogle!.
12-26-2003, 06:32 PM
yeah after I've seen what my parents have both gone through in the past two months... I am too. :mad:

Deboogle!.
12-26-2003, 09:00 PM
:wavey: to the haters.... glad to know you just can't get away from your obsession with dislike!

J. Corwin
12-26-2003, 09:49 PM
random:

I'm so damn sick that I want to be shot. This is soooo painful guys. I can't sleep at all :(

poor thing :(

Like I've said, stocking up on some more meds is a must.

Deboogle!.
12-27-2003, 04:06 AM
Totally new topic......

but I want to totally redo my personal site.. anyone got any ideas for a theme? :)

MisterQ
12-27-2003, 04:12 AM
Poor LUCIDD! :sad:

Don't worry, mommy star will take care of you. ;)

star
12-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Totally new topic......

but I want to totally redo my personal site.. anyone got any ideas for a theme? :)

I'm no help here. I don't have a personal site. I'm far to lazy and basically boring to even think of one. :)

star
12-27-2003, 05:14 PM
I'm impatiently waiting for an update from Lucidd on her illness.

Actually one of the reasons I didn't go to Scotsdale this year was because it seems that I always come back sick.

Prophetic
12-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Update, lol
I'm not much better today. I can't eat cuz it makes me too sick. I can't even drink water. I can suck on ice chips though so I do that as much as my tummy can handle. My sinuses are infected and stuffed up and my throat is super raw to the point that it's painful to breathe at times. someone help *whimper*

Deboogle!.
12-27-2003, 07:30 PM
I'm no help here. I don't have a personal site. I'm far to lazy and basically boring to even think of one. :)

I picked a theme all by myself last night - it's done :)

http://notdebbie.cjb.net

that's funny about Scottsdale star... I've never gotten sick there!

and Lucidd, I'm so sorry you're not doing much better :hug:

star
12-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Update, lol
I'm not much better today. I can't eat cuz it makes me too sick. I can't even drink water. I can suck on ice chips though so I do that as much as my tummy can handle. My sinuses are infected and stuffed up and my throat is super raw to the point that it's painful to breathe at times. someone help *whimper*

Take anti inflamatories. It's the only way.

I also swear by Comtrex for sinus.......

Have you been to a doctor? I mean are you sure your sinuses are infected? or is only a virus? I could get into how you can diagnose that on your own, but it is kind of gross.

Dr.Star, M.D.

J. Corwin
12-27-2003, 10:08 PM
Update, lol

*hugs*

Get to the doctor today.

Deboogle!.
12-27-2003, 10:10 PM
wow star, a lawyer AND A doctor..... umm wanna send some money my way? ;)

Prophetic
12-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Take anti inflamatories. It's the only way.

I also swear by Comtrex for sinus.......

Have you been to a doctor? I mean are you sure your sinuses are infected? or is only a virus? I could get into how you can diagnose that on your own, but it is kind of gross.

Dr.Star, M.D.

lol...i'm prone to sinus infections. I can tell...and yes, it's downright disgusting.

I can't really afford all that stuff, lol. All I got is tylenol right now

star
12-28-2003, 12:04 AM
Well, if you really have a sinus infection, good luck. Antibiotics would be a nice solution. :)

MisterQ
12-28-2003, 04:05 AM
I mean are you sure your sinuses are infected? or is only a virus? I could get into how you can diagnose that on your own, but it is kind of gross.

*is morbidly curious about this* ;)

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 04:11 AM
if the snot's clear, no infection, if the snot's yellow, you need antibiotics ;)

that's not THAT gross.... lol.... then again I was rather prone to sinus infections so it got to the point where my mom would call my doc and say "ok her snot is yellow, perscribe the drug and call it into CVS" so I had to look at it all the time LMAO

J. Corwin
12-28-2003, 04:45 AM
lol yea when the snot is yellow or green you know there's infection going on. And the snot gets thick too. It's not like running water anymore.

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 04:47 AM
oh boy we're really ruining this thread huh? LMAO

J. Corwin
12-28-2003, 04:49 AM
It's a chit chat thread. No boundaries. :)

MisterQ
12-28-2003, 05:39 AM
Wanna hear something really GROSS? (feel like I'm in junior high)

yes? I thought so!

(Skip this if you don't like to hear about balls of snot). :lol:

My friend Megan had a stuffed up nose for three whole months. She tried every day to blow her nose, but nothing would come out. Her voice sounded really funny, like she was holding her nose. Then, one day she tried to blow her nose and it finally gave in. This very large, perfectly round mucousy sphere came out of her nose, all in one piece like a bouncy ball. It was so large she didn't see how it could have fit in there. There were little rivulets of blood in it which looked like veins. It was so disgustingly beautiful that she didn't want to throw it out, but eventually she came to her senses and got rid of it. And then her nose was completely clear.

Hope you enjoyed that little tale. Don't say I didn't warn you! :)

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 05:43 AM
that's so gross that it's hilarious!!!!!! It helps that I'm exhausted lol

heya
12-28-2003, 06:31 AM
:eek:

J. Corwin
12-28-2003, 09:41 AM
That story...is not that far-fetched. ;)

Disgustingly hilarious of course. :)

star
12-28-2003, 04:52 PM
My god. Who would want to throw it away.

She should have tried to preserve it for her children. :)

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 05:23 PM
um....... EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

MisterQ
12-28-2003, 05:40 PM
My god. Who would want to throw it away.

She should have tried to preserve it for her children. :)

I agree. Or at least she could have made slides! :lol:

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 05:44 PM
omg you guys are really disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but also hilarious :)

star
12-28-2003, 06:13 PM

I agree. Or at least she could have made slides! :lol:

Damm fine solution!

star
12-28-2003, 06:16 PM
oh my god. I just found the mother load of gorgeous Nico photos. :drool:

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 06:29 PM
uh oh... see you in a couple weeks then ;)

star
12-28-2003, 06:31 PM
:lol:

I was done looking at them when I posted. There were only like 12 of them.

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 06:41 PM
mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmm like you didn't save them to look at all the time ;) :p

star
12-28-2003, 06:46 PM
lol..... no. I'm not that obsessive. I don't have any pictures on my computer. :)

My memory isn't THAT bad.

Prophetic
12-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Wanna hear something really GROSS? (feel like I'm in junior high)

yes? I thought so!

(Skip this if you don't like to hear about balls of snot). :lol:

My friend Megan had a stuffed up nose for three whole months. She tried every day to blow her nose, but nothing would come out. Her voice sounded really funny, like she was holding her nose. Then, one day she tried to blow her nose and it finally gave in. This very large, perfectly round mucousy sphere came out of her nose, all in one piece like a bouncy ball. It was so large she didn't see how it could have fit in there. There were little rivulets of blood in it which looked like veins. It was so disgustingly beautiful that she didn't want to throw it out, but eventually she came to her senses and got rid of it. And then her nose was completely clear.

Hope you enjoyed that little tale. Don't say I didn't warn you! :)

Disgusting, lol...sadly though I have to say that it's happened to me too at the end of a really bad sinus infection. I was like...how the hell did that fit up there. Pretty solid too. Blech. I must say that I had no desire to keep it though

star
12-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Oh, Lucidd. So, you aren't sentimental?

And how are you feeling today? Better?

Prophetic
12-28-2003, 06:54 PM
lol yea when the snot is yellow or green you know there's infection going on. And the snot gets thick too. It's not like running water anymore.

yep...I hate it.

Good lord, i've turned this thread into a discussion about snot. I'm SO prone to them that it happens basically every single time I get a cold.

Prophetic
12-28-2003, 07:02 PM
Oh, Lucidd. So, you aren't sentimental?

And how are you feeling today? Better?

Oh I'm a sentimental pack rat...I just know where to draw the line, lmfao. Spongy snot balls are about the only think I won't keep though. I'm much better thank you. I seem to have taken a huge turn for the better overnight. I'm still rather congested but not to the point of extreme pain and the fever and cramping are gone. It's starting to go clear again when I blow my nose too. I've gone from a deep brownish-green to barely detectable traces of yellow now and then so the infection is clearing up. My throat feels a lot better too. I've basically gone from a living hell to a standard head cold. I think this is the worst flu/whatever that i've ever had. I seriously thought I was headed into the ER a few times. I'm even starting to consider eating again. I appreciate the weight loss but not at this price, lmao. If I continue at this rate I'll be all better in another 2 days or so

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 07:04 PM
great!! Glad to hear you're doing better :)

Prophetic
12-28-2003, 07:10 PM
great!! Glad to hear you're doing better :)

Thanks...no one's happier than me though, lmao(except maybe Jace...he was worried sick about me)

DEBBBBBBB...admin locked the BSB thread over at andyroddick.com. I can't play with Columbia anymore

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 08:21 PM
OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! that's so tragical!

Prophetic
12-28-2003, 08:49 PM
I know it. I miss her already. I find it funny that my score after that thread is up to 7, lmfao. People liked what I had to say I guess

Deboogle!.
12-28-2003, 09:20 PM
lol..... I guess it's probably for the best.

The one that was amusing though was the girl that was backing us up but couldn't really write herself... I felt badly!

J. Corwin
12-28-2003, 10:00 PM
Oh I'm a sentimental pack rat...I just know where to draw the line, lmfao. Spongy snot balls are about the only think I won't keep though. I'm much better thank you. I seem to have taken a huge turn for the better overnight. I'm still rather congested but not to the point of extreme pain and the fever and cramping are gone. It's starting to go clear again when I blow my nose too. I've gone from a deep brownish-green to barely detectable traces of yellow now and then so the infection is clearing up. My throat feels a lot better too. I've basically gone from a living hell to a standard head cold. I think this is the worst flu/whatever that i've ever had. I seriously thought I was headed into the ER a few times. I'm even starting to consider eating again. I appreciate the weight loss but not at this price, lmao. If I continue at this rate I'll be all better in another 2 days or so

You're better! Very good news. :cool:

J. Corwin
12-28-2003, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna check out that thread again...to see where things have left off. lol

star
12-29-2003, 05:10 AM
This is a question for Mister Q.

Well, I guess anyone can answer it but I thought he might be the one who would know.

I heard a story on NPR about a Cellist who plays this really wild cello. He did a sort of Jimi Hendrix inspired star spangled banner. I think he is Israeli born but lives in New York. He composes. His wife is also a musician and composed a piece for the cello. Also very unusual. Do you know this person?

MisterQ
12-29-2003, 05:24 AM
Star, I googled that info and found out his name is Matt Haimovitz. I had never heard of him, but I'm very interested in the story so THANK YOU for mentioning it! :)
I live in New York so maybe I will go see him play sometime...

My connection is too slow to listen to the clips now, but I think there are some at:
http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_1572001.html

And here's the little write-up about him:

Dec. 27, 2003 -- Matt Haimovitz is among the world's finest classical cellists. Like Yo-Yo Ma, he was a student of the late Leonard Rose. He played Carnegie Hall at 13 and counts violinist Itzhak Perlman among his musical mentors. Now 32, Haimovitz runs the cello department at the University of Massachusetts.
But after literally hundreds of concert hall performances, Haimovitz couldn't escape one fact: he rarely saw members of his own generation in the audience. A few years ago he made a decision to seek them out. He went where he knew they could be easily found. He began performing his innovative solo repertoire in rock clubs around the country.
NPR's Steve Inskeep sat down with Haimovitz recently to hear him play and discuss his experiences on the rock club circuit. A particular crowd favorite has been his version of "The Star-Spangled Banner," which he calls "Anthem," done in the style of Jimi Hendrix's legendary electric-guitar rendition at Woodstock in 1969.
Haimovitz says that seeing punk rock fans sitting next to classical music afficionados in a smoky dive bar has awakened him to the power of music to bring people together. The experience has also broadened his musical pallette, he says, and has given him a stronger connection with all of his audiences, in both the nightclubs and the concert halls.

star
12-29-2003, 05:29 AM
I think you will like him very much. :)

The cello is a wonderful instrument.

But all instruments are wonderful in their different ways. I always feel bad when I say that some are my favorites because then I always think of the ones I left out and I like them just as much.

And Benny Goodman's clarinet was one of the most marvelous instruments!

star
12-29-2003, 05:31 AM
He played the whole SSB on the program. It was good. :)

MisterQ
12-29-2003, 05:35 AM
true, any instrument can be great if played well (except maybe bagpipes, those things drive me nuts!)

The cello IS a particularly wonderful instrument, though. It has been suggested that people find it so appealing because its range is almost precisely the range of the human voice, from the lowest Russian basses up to the highest coloratura soprano. Interesting thought --- it is very vocal.

Prophetic
12-29-2003, 05:42 AM
well said Q. It has a tone to it that can't really be described any other way. The damn instrument sings. Oboe can be soooo painful to hear from a novice but have y'all ever heard a truly skilled individual play?? wonderful

star
12-29-2003, 05:52 AM
Oboes are great too... and Bassoons!!

I heard a Bassoon Guitar duet once. It was great.

The cello has a wonderful resonnance too.

I'm also a french horn fan.

Maybe I could say that the tuba although having its purpose, isn't such a thrilling instrument. :)

J. Corwin
12-29-2003, 11:03 AM
I love the sound of oboe. And the harp too. :)

J. Corwin
12-29-2003, 11:04 AM
I've walked around Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco and there were these great street musicians playing the oboe. It was such beautiful music. I found myself watching and listening to those wonderful talents.

star
12-29-2003, 02:10 PM
I have to make a point to go to San Francisco. :)

Deboogle!.
12-29-2003, 03:11 PM
YES, star you do!! San Fran is amazing!!

and as a totally random, Itzhak Perlman's daugher lives in my dorm at school. She plays the flute and is apparently DAMN good. but she's kinda weird :p

star
12-29-2003, 03:27 PM
I've been but just not lately.

Deboogle!.
12-29-2003, 03:59 PM
ohhhhhhhhh ok well at least you've been. whew! :)

star
12-29-2003, 04:07 PM
what a relief! :lol:

star
12-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Lucidd got her name change!!

Deboogle!.
12-29-2003, 05:19 PM
lol yep she did, yayyyy for her :)

and..... are youuuuuuuuu laughing at meeeeeeee?????? :p

star
12-29-2003, 05:22 PM
oh never that! :)

Prophetic
12-29-2003, 08:12 PM
*tries out the new name change* lmfao....weeeeeeeeeee

J. Corwin
12-29-2003, 09:41 PM
I've never seen that name anywhere else before...nope, of course not. :p

J. Corwin
12-29-2003, 09:43 PM
San Fran is amazing!!

It is?? lol

I guess I don't find it that fascinating since I live less than an hour away from it. ;)

I know the city is a major tourist stop and all, but what are the attractions other than the Golden Gate Bridge? lol. I guess there's a Golden Gate Park, the Ghiradelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 ( ;) ), the planetarium...and if you like the up and down streets.

Deboogle!.
12-29-2003, 09:55 PM
I love it. It's a city a lot like Boston - great neighborhoods (the Italian and Chinese sections come first to mind), culture, has a small home-y feel, just lots to do. Spend time in a city like Houston or Phoenix or whatever and you'll appreciate cities like San Fran a lot more, IMO :)

J. Corwin
12-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Ah, so you like it from that angle. Totally understandable. And I know what you mean...quaint homey feeling. :)

J. Corwin
12-29-2003, 09:59 PM
And yes, Chinatown there is great.

Deboogle!.
12-29-2003, 10:02 PM
yea definitely. it's just a nice place. I've lived in Houston for 3 years now and I appreciate stuff like that even more, since Houston is so big, dirty, ugly, faceless, and boring. I went to San Fran before I'd even ever been to Houston but I loved it anyway. But I see Boston in a whole new light now that I've lived somewhere else :)

I guess that's important to me, I'd love to live in San Fran!!!

star
12-30-2003, 05:45 AM
Good food. That's important.

Prophetic
12-30-2003, 06:10 AM
y'all are making me wanna move

star
12-30-2003, 06:14 AM
Where do you live, Lucidd?

Prophetic
12-30-2003, 06:25 AM
Doesn't matter, lmao...I won't be here too much longer. I intend on moving as soon as I can. I can't take this place much longer, lol.

Deboogle!.
12-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Alright so I received my AO prize pack today...

my mom's opening it and she's like wow this is a nice t-shirt (white with orange around the edges and a little AO logo on one side) and then she unfolds it and I See the back...... it's that picture of Serena, Kim, Lleyton, Andre, and Roger as superheroes!!!!!!!!! I'm like OMG I CAN'T WEAR THAT! LOL!! Too bad they couldn't leave that off the back :p and I also got a towel which is also quite nice - but it's got a HUGE version of the superheroes too LOL!! I wonder if it's the same towel they give to the players... how would Andre or Roger feel about wiping their face with a cartoon version of himself lol.

tangerine_dream
12-31-2003, 03:41 PM
LOL. Too funny, bunk. What's wrong with wiping your pits dry with SuperAndy? ;)

Anyways, I have to butt in here and proclaim my utter joy at seeing Andy's US Open win being mentioned on every single sports year-end wrapup that I've seen on TV and in print. He's EVERYWHERE and it's great! On TV they always show the part where Andy's crying after winning and the crowd going bonkers. Such a great moment for him and for tennis. :bigclap:

Deboogle!.
12-31-2003, 03:51 PM
lol tangy, unfortunately Andy's not on the thing. It's only Serena, Kim, Lleyton, Roger, and Andre.

and I LOVE that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!

J. Corwin
01-01-2004, 05:48 AM
ooo...nice towel ;)

What do ya know, Andy wins a biggie and sports all around explode. :)

heya
01-01-2004, 08:27 AM
First, it was the Queen with her
vulgarities, then GeorgeW continues
with his "Andy is overrated" rants.
I guess Dirk's "f a g" word description of Andy
makes him Einstein as well.

heya
01-01-2004, 08:29 AM
*twilight zone music plays*

J. Corwin
01-01-2004, 10:42 AM
As long as us fans stand strong it's gonna be ok, heya. :)

star
01-01-2004, 02:39 PM
So the weather report from the land of rocks:

We've been feeling a little persecuted because it snowed a couple days ago. It was gone by the afternoon, but it made things very slippery. That would have been ok, but for some reason we got socked in with clouds that were only about five to seven hundred feet from the valley floor. Because we are in a bowl surrounded by cliffs, it was like having some sort of giant lid over us. We couldn't even see the tops of the cliffs.

But to celebrate the New Year -- The sky has cleared over the mountains and the sun is casting a red glow over the remaining clouds to the west. The cliffs look as if they've been sprinkled with powdered sugar, and I think it will be a beautiful day. :)

Anyone who loves powder, should get on a plane for the Utah ski resorts. They got pounded with 17 or 18 inches right after Christmas, and more is falling.

tangerine_dream
01-01-2004, 07:08 PM
So! :drink:

*hic*

Did you allll have a nicesh New Yearssh? :aparty:

*burp*

MisterQ
01-01-2004, 08:18 PM
So! :drink:

*hic*

Did you allll have a nicesh New Yearssh? :aparty:

*burp*

Yes, it was great!

*barf*

Had a great time!

*moan*

Happy 2004!

*drinks black coffee*

J. Corwin
01-01-2004, 09:47 PM
yes it was good. :)

Deboogle!.
01-01-2004, 10:46 PM
mine was BOOOOOOOOOOORING. but it usually is. I like it that way.

star
01-02-2004, 12:05 AM
I had champagne. :)

That makes me happy.

Why is it that Mister Q seems to be the party boy out of all of us? :aparty:

Hey, I've been listening over Radio Netscape (which has the LA public radio station) to a program about the new concert hall. It made me so excited. I really want to go. It was a long program with the history of the building and the orchestra. It had members of the orchestra talking about what it meant to them to have this new hall. I actually teared up. One man, the second violinist, was saying that at age 65, he had been thinking of quietly saying good bye to the reportorie as he played each piece, but in the new concert hall, he realized that he was going to be greeting each piece as new because he was hearing it in a way he had never heard it before.

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeuuugh

My New Years was extremely boring... I hate New Years, because my parents never allow me to do anything--I never have the money or the means to do anything ANYWAY... so I have turned into a Scrooge for New Years... I mean, X-mas is okay, but I am very anti-New Years... I don't really consider it a holiday, it's a "holiday" :D

Deboogle!.
01-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Mrs. Guga! Hiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi, lol, I edited my post, lol

Gonzo Hates Me!
01-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Omigod, I love your website Bunk?! How did you make it?! Did you use a program?!

Deboogle!.
01-02-2004, 12:24 AM
which site? Roddick Online?

the user here Prophetic made it - and a few of us here work on it :) She'll be more than happy to tell you all about it I'm sure!!!!!

oh, and glad you like it!

double oh, to answer the question in your siggy, I'm going to a couple sessions during Scottsdale in March!!!