Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!! [Archive] - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

Cin
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
There was most definitely no girl traveling with Richard at IW
in 2008
His parents were there, as was Deblicker and a trainer - who has since been replaced , but I cannot remember his name
but no girlfriend in the group
This year there was Peyre and the doctor/ physio that was fired as soon as they returned from the States
no parents this time
and no girlfriend
I do like Francois, the physio who was fired by him or Peyre, whoever. He is very funny. Last in China Open, Francois cosplayed his fan.

Cloudygirl
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
ok - got a lot of work to do around here today
will check back in another time and see if there is any news of Richard
hoping for good news !

aren't we all :(

I was wondering from what you said, does Richie look less happy with Peyre?

these experiences are always funny.
Last year, I was on the same flight with Peer. we were standing in a line to wait for check in.Peer was next to me.
she looked familiar. I was thinking who was this girl,but had no answer.
then after few days, I watched a WTA match, then I knew that's Peer.:p

I also did that with Nalby (he was sat a couple of rows in front of me at a match) and I was like is that Nalby for about an hour. You would think I would know as he is one of my fave players, but he looks very different in regular clothes.

case
05-14-2009, 11:59 PM
That is so cute. :hearts: it pawns my little meeting with him. :lol:

oh come on. you had a great story! that davis cup is now legendary.

Gretchen.
05-15-2009, 12:03 AM
oh come on. you had a great story! that davis cup is now legendary.

and for all the wrong reasons :o

Cin
05-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I met him so many times.
What I got are withdraw, failure and injuries.:fiery:

Puschkin
05-15-2009, 12:38 AM
i know it is silly and actually none of my business but i am going to be mad at gasquet if we dont hear from him soon.
he needs to start saying im innocent again and again even if he has no other proof. people believe something if it is said again and again. and looking like you are hiding doesnt help either.
I am sorry to be harsh on that, but it is rather irrelevant, if you, me or anyone else is getting mad. Though we all are eager to hear from Richard personally, Richard will have to convince the Commission at his hearing, not us.

Given the way, all this has been handled by the media so far and all the overreactions it has implied, it might be wise to be silent as long as possible. If I remember correctly, the orignal comment said, Richard won't react on this before Thursday. It is up to him when he will face the press and if he doesn't before or even after the hearing we just have to accept it, hard as it may be.

case
05-15-2009, 12:52 AM
I am sorry to be harsh on that, but it is rather irrelevent, if you, me or anyone else is getting mad. Though we all are eager to her from Richard personally, Richard will have to convince the Commission at his hearing, not us.

Given the way, all this has been handled by the media so far and all the overreactions it has implied, it might be wise to be silent as long as possible. If I remember correctly, the orignal comment said, Richard won't react on this before Thursday. It is up to him when he will face the press and if he doesn't before or even after the hearing we just have to accept it, hard as it may be.

i said it was silly! but i still think that he shouldnt look like he was hiding. and i still think that saying he didnt do coke CANT hurt him. he doesnt need to get to specifics.

at this point i am not sure if he has much to lose. unless he actually has some hidden information that we havent thought of-he is screwed. it will be next to impossible to turn over those lab tests. he might as well try this out in the court of public opinion. let the public see what we see- a nice looking rather shy young man. people would say that he COULDNT have done it-he doesnt look like an addict!

there is an old saying in the law that if you are guilty get a trial with a jury, if you are innocent get a trial with a judge. the reason is that the jury (public) can be swayed by impressions (here it would be the young innocent looking gasquet) supposedly a judge will not let impressions or emotions sway them
Gasquet needs the public jury to sway the judge here. this is NOT the laws of a country we are talking about

i cant help but think that the WADA is NOT free from public perception or emotions. I think they can be swayed. they are already taking a hit in the press for this . almost all i have read is in gasquet's favor and most dont seem to care if he is innocent or guilty -they think the rules are wrong. as do i. i could care lessi fhe is guilty. i dont want him doing drugs but again that is not really my business to run his personal life. i am a fan not a family member.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-15-2009, 01:04 AM
that would be something that I would do because I am too vain to wear my glasses. I nearly walked into Llodra last year and it wasn't til he walked away I clicked it was him.

Oh that is entirely different, I have that problem too when I don't wear my glasses all the time at tournaments, I once thought that Andre Agassi was Ivan Ljubicic. My friend Amanda and I were at the Queens practise courts (this is like being on top of the player close :tape:) and she said to me "Look there's Big Aces!!!" and I was like "Yeah, but I thought you didn't like Ljubicic!" :o I like to blame the time I almost knocked over Ancic when he was about to walk on court, also on said bad eyesight. ;) It was great fun 'picking him up' (in the literal sense) though.

Funny enough, I always spot Richard a mile off, so I must have a selective vision when it comes to him. :lol: :angel:

just thinking about this makes me sad...my Queens tickets came in the post... the morning the news was leaked. ): will really miss him there (and at wimbledon). sigh.

case
05-15-2009, 01:04 AM
one more thing- i think gasquet has a MORAL obligation to fight this publicly. these draconian rules HURT people and they have hurt him. the players union doesnt seem to want to fight the rules, the players dont seem to want to fight these stupid rules someone should. this witch hunt has to end. i would be proud of gasquet to say no more!

tennis lover
05-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Oh that is entirely different, I have that problem too when I don't wear my glasses all the time at tournaments, I once thought that Andre Agassi was Ivan Ljubicic. My friend Amanda and I were at the Queens practise courts (this is like being on top of the player close :tape:) and she said to me "Look there's Big Aces!!!" and I was like "Yeah, but I thought you didn't like Ljubicic!" :o I like to blame the time I almost knocked over Ancic when he was about to walk on court, also on said bad eyesight. ;) It was great fun 'picking him up' (in the literal sense) though.
I've had that problem too. A few years ago I was walking past one of the wimbledon outside courts on my way to the old court 13 and my brother pointed at one of the courts and sarcastically said "who's that guy then?". This was back in the days when I didn't like wearing my glasses all the time so I hadn't put them on yet and I looked and was like "I don't have a clue". My brother laughed at me and said to look at the other side of the court where Federer was practising. :o I had been trying to guess who a blurry Peter Lundgren was! :lol:

Schu
05-15-2009, 02:40 AM
Well after working non stop from 6:00 am to almost 8 pm I'm ready to relax for a few minutes before I crash so thought I'd check up on any news - sorry there isn't anything reported although I didn't expect that he would say much, if he said anything. I would like him to speak just to know he is still functioning and can face the world.

Everytime I think of him hiding in his house missing RG and Queens and Wimby I WANT TO CRY! Didn't other players with positive tests for performance enhancing drugs get to play until their hearing? Richard has REALLY gotten screwed! But I don't imagine he'd be much good on the court with the WHOLE world knowing about this.

Case - that's exactly how I see this - a witch hunt and for what! it was not an issue of cheating by taking a performance enhancing drug so why even test for it? It's not as if tennis players have a job in which being drunk/stonned/high could potentially injure someone else. Oh wait, I read somewhere about tennis following the Olympic rules, why does the Olympics care either?

Welcome scmom and thanks for the Richie story - more like the image I have of him and so thoughtful to be thinking about how you felt. It's funny but I thought Eric was the one who was the father figure and kept an eye on him. Where was Peyre in Miami when we needed him?

Lemon Custard
05-15-2009, 02:43 AM
I've had that problem too. A few years ago I was walking past one of the wimbledon outside courts on my way to the old court 13 and my brother pointed at one of the courts and sarcastically said "who's that guy then?". This was back in the days when I didn't like wearing my glasses all the time so I hadn't put them on yet and I looked and was like "I don't have a clue". My brother laughed at me and said to look at the other side of the court where Federer was practising. :o I had been trying to guess who a blurry Peter Lundgren was! :lol:

Haha! That's hilarious! I wear contacts these days, so I don't have such a problem, but once, in the hotel I was staying at in Melbourne, I had to go downstairs and get some drinks from the drink machine. I get into the lift in my pyjamas, all's fine, I'm on my own, it's late, I figured no one would be around. Then the lift dings, it stops, the doors open and in walks Tommy Robredo... and there I am in my cookie monster pyjamas. So embarrassing.

Lemon Custard
05-15-2009, 03:03 AM
He looked straight at me, a little startled, and then turned around and faced the door. I just muttered, "evening" and very slowly he turned, gave me just one more look and then nodded and said, "evening" right back. I nearly died.

ds_hockeygrl1536
05-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Oh, Lemon Custard, I would have MELTED and then died :hearts: (Tommy is my fav). OMG. :o:eek:

reggie1
05-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh Scmom thank you so much for those stories :hug: they made a lovely read. If you ever get the time, we'd all love to see the picture, we love seeing fan pics.

reggie1
05-15-2009, 03:10 PM
I get into the lift in my pyjamas, all's fine, I'm on my own, it's late, I figured no one would be around. Then the lift dings, it stops, the doors open and in walks Tommy Robredo... and there I am in my cookie monster pyjamas. :haha::haha::haha:

reggie1
05-15-2009, 03:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4164293&name=tennis another article in support of Richard. I haven't posted this on the articles thread as it seems such a shame to taint that thread with these drug articles.

case
05-15-2009, 03:55 PM
newsweek had gasquet in an article called drug cheats.
i emailed and said that cocaine was not a performance enhancer.
i bet they dont even care or know the difference. i guess no news from gasquet himself today.

Eliande
05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't like this silence. I fear that at some point, some kind of information might be leaked and mis-interpreted by the press again. I hope I'm wrong, or course...

scmom
05-15-2009, 05:15 PM
morning everyone , so nothing new it seems from Richard
well , I am sure his legal team and family are going to be very careful about what they say - so I am not sure this is such a bad thing
not really much they can do until the date of the inquiry is set - still , it would be nice to know he is ok

someone asked if he seems not as happy with Peyre this year .
From what I observed - he did not seem unhappy really , he and Peyre seemed to get along quite well at Indian Wells,
but , there was a difference in the way he and all the French players were this year at that tournament , at least , in the early days when I was there .
Last year , it seemed that the players were more social with each other in the evenings . That could be the way the schedule worked out - many of them had byes
and off days together . This year , we were there from Thursday evening through Monday evening - first week- and Richard had a match for 3 straight days . As his purpose there
is to play and win tennis matches , it made sense that he would not be out partying . Tsonga , Monfils and Simon all had matches those days as well - they were all playing both doubles and singles
and they were pretty busy .
I watched the documentary footage from IW - and I have tried very hard to figure out when and where that was taken. Clearly , they got to the tournament early to prepare - and that is most likely when a bulk of the footage was shot. The golf course is adjoining the hotel - set between 2 huge resorts as sort of a shared course for the two.And the hotel does have a couple of tennis courts that they do practice on at times - and that could have been the scene of the late night game they were playing . But , hard to say for sure. All I can say is that this year - except at breakfast - the French players did not socialize much - each kept pretty much to his own team at dinner in the hotel. Tsonga has a large entourage - Monfils has Rasheed and his group. Simon's girlfriend was with him and they rarely ate in the coffee shop at all - only one morning .
Mathieu was there with his girlfriend, Chardy with his , and Benneteau and Llodra were both there - but alone. Benneteau lost early on - but spent a great deal of time there "working on his tan " around the pool. Now the French coaches and other team members - that is a different story - Those guys can party - they are the life of the hotel - for sure .
They sit out at night - all hours - in the bar , the disco and as this year it was very warm - the bar by the pool patio .Those guys have a good time

As for Peyre - he really is pretty serious about his work with Richard . Where Deblicker seemed a more fatherly and gentle soul - Peyre is all business . And i attribute that to a big difference in the social interactions this year and last . Not unhappy - just more focused on work and different in approach .

Gretchen.
05-15-2009, 05:39 PM
This was posted on RG.net

From the FTT President http://www.welovetennis.fr/richard-gasquet/11769-hfhf
Translation of the article

Jean Gachassin, president of the French Tennis Federation expressed himself on the Gasquet case, outside of a press conference.

"[Gasquet] is heartbroken, and i am appalled. I know this player well, he is not a guy who, i think, has doping in mind. According to what he told me, he was tricked. The only regret is that he didn't withdraw the day before knowing that he wasn't going to play. He did it on saturday morning, which is a shame. If he had withdrawn at 17h, there would not have been any problems, and there would not have been a "Gasquet" case.

Jean Gachassin has, in addition, garanteed his support to the player, based on the principle of the presumption of his innocence. He affirms, however that there will be severe sanctions, if the case is proven: "He will absolutely not tolerate this"

"He knew that he wasn't going to play. He, without a doubt did a difficult third half time. Most probably. He must have been tricked, I don't know how nor in what circumstances. I can't talk about it and he didn't want to say it. It is of private order. He knew that he wasn't playing, he let himself go", he concluded.

scmom
05-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Good that the FFT is supporting him
I am just not liking that "he let himself go " last phrase
that does not sound good- I am just not sure how he is going to prove he was tricked
that can be very difficult - the cases that are my word against yours are very difficult to argue in the face of physical evidence

Gretchen.
05-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Amelie Mauresmo-"il faudrait être stupide pour faire un commentaire et émettre un jugement avant que Richard se soit exprimé et que les choses soient bien claires."

She just says that it would be stupid to make judgments before Richard himself speaks out on it :)

Ljubicic (spelling?) :lol:

"When I hear cocaine, Richard is not really the first that comes to mind".

Eliande
05-15-2009, 07:45 PM
If he was tricked, I'd really like to know how. And even if it's hard to prove, it is still very possible. But it sounds like something definitely happened at the party, so it wasn't something to do with his medications.
We'll wait and see...

reggie1
05-15-2009, 08:34 PM
You wonder if he has has just been a bit naive? I do wonder sometimes if he is just not that "worldly". It's not a criticism of him but I can imagine him not being the sort of person to see the bad in everyone.
Thanks Jen and Scmom for the info.

Cloudygirl
05-15-2009, 08:36 PM
maybe they told him the white powder was talc.

Or maybe it is yet more speculation.

simplet
05-15-2009, 09:06 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_wertheim/05/13/gasquet.mailbag/index.html

Another very sensible, very well written article supporting Gasquet (I think it's the best I've seen so far). His comparison between baseball and tennis is really astonishing.

Schu
05-15-2009, 10:04 PM
That article from Sports Illustrated is EXACTLY how I feel - every point! why are they even testing for recreational drugs? If it's to keep a squeeky clean, no tolerance image - guess what, if you didn't test for it, no one would know - does Gasquet really look like/act a druggie? did he snort on the court for all to see??? And when I heard about Manny's punishment for CHEATING with a performance enhancing drug I just laughed.

I don't understand how the players couldn't do something, many have spoken out about how completly crazy the new drug testing rules are (not that this is new)but it really does sound like the rules have gone waaaay over board.

O.K. I'm starting to watch Murray and DelPotro - my two least favorite players in the Top 50. At least Murray's game is not half bad but I CAN'T BELIEVE DelPotro is #5! makes me sick and makes me even sicker to think Richard might not be able to compete against these guys for 2 years. They just talked about DelPotro's rise last summer - how winning 4 tournaments in a row, even if they were not major tournaments was a major factor in his rise (RIchie was one of his victims in winning one of those finals.

I'm still waiting to wake up from this nightmare!!! I just keeping think how devastated Richie must feel and I just want to cry. What ever happens I hope Richie fights till the end and all the crap flowing around in the media doesn't wear him down. I guess he is pretty used to crap in the media but THIS is a whole different league.

Cloudygirl
05-15-2009, 10:18 PM
cocaine is performance enhancing (concentration - very very short term though) I also read (although I don't know if it is true) that it can hide other performance enhancing drugs in the body. i think there needs to be a high concentration of coke for that though. i can see why it is banned but if Richie wasn't competing, which he wasn't then why is it an issue. Why didn't the bloody idiot withdraw the day before :(

nicky_1986
05-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Scmom- was this the Renaissance hotel that they were all at???

Gretchen.
05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
cocaine is performance enhancing (concentration - very very short term though) I also read (although I don't know if it is true) that it can hide other performance enhancing drugs in the body. i think there needs to be a high concentration of coke for that though. i can see why it is banned but if Richie wasn't competing, which he wasn't then why is it an issue. Why didn't the bloody idiot withdraw the day before :(

Well yeah basically the ITF just wants to prove that tennis is a clean sport and now they think they have to use Richie as an example :sad: But yes it is stupid since he didn't compete and the cocaine hasn't made his performance better, it's not like he has won a title....maybe he just shouldn't have gone to miami at all since he knew he wasn't gonna play :(:o

Schu
05-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Well yeah basically the ITF just wants to prove that tennis is a clean sport and now they think they have to use Richie as an example :sad: But yes it is stupid since he didn't compete and the cocaine hasn't made his performance better, it's not like he has won a title....maybe he just shouldn't have gone to miami at all since he knew he wasn't gonna play :(:o

The sad part is he probably went to Miami to fulfill some ATP and/or sponsor obligations which many players have even if they withdraw! Probably why he did the cheerleader thing.

scmom
05-15-2009, 11:14 PM
nicky - yes - it was the Renaissance Esmeralda in Indian Wells
that is where a large french contingent has been staying for the past three years that I have been there

many other players stay there too, It is very convenient to the tennis venue and a very nice place

Cloudygirl
05-15-2009, 11:44 PM
haha I don't think a player would even look at a hotel that I've ever stayed at.

nicky_1986
05-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Yes- I have stayed there too- such a beautiful hotel. Must have been a great experience to be around all the players! Did u get a chance to meet anyone else??? Does your daughter still keep in touch with Richard now??

case
05-15-2009, 11:56 PM
tricked? that is the most depressing thing i have heard in a long, long time. who is going to believe that he was tricked? i hope someone makes him stop that line or he will not play for two years if ever again.

maybe that is why he didnt speak-if he would have said it was all a trick that would have been a disater.
it would have been better to claim that the test must have been wrong or was contaminated.

i think this is it for me. i just cant keep coming here and punishing myself with news that i dont want to hear. i wish all of you well and i wish gasquet well but this is really bad.
a 22 year old with talent and who always came off as a nice caring human being is just waiting a death sentence.
i feel terrible for him.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-16-2009, 12:24 AM
case :hug:, I feel where you're coming from, I've spent literally loads of my free time this week coming here obsessively to check if there's any news and it's sad and frustrating.
Maybe you should take a break but please don't give up on things, there hasn't even been a tribunal yet, we just have to be patient. He (and us) can get through this somehow.

Cloudygirl
05-16-2009, 12:27 AM
If he doesnt get through it tenniswise at the end of the day so what. There is plenty of stuff he can do with his life other than tennis. it's not like he is dying or the world is ending.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-16-2009, 12:31 AM
If he doesnt get through it tenniswise at the end of the day so what. There is plenty of stuff he can do with his life other than tennis. it's not like he is dying or the world is ending.

Yeah, I did think the analogy used by case was quite extreme!!! I just want him to be happy, whatever he's doing.

scmom
05-16-2009, 12:34 AM
sadly ,no I don't think they are still in contact . Unless she is a facebook friend , which is possible , but she would not tell me about that- she refuses to be my FB friend
guess she thinks I would be spying on her
We did see a lot of players - and had a lot of chances for fan girl type photos -
She has amazing luck - her favorite moment - other than being around Richard - was a chance encounter with Rafa at a restaurant called the Beer Hunter
He was there with his team and they were watching a formula one race - so , she was able to get a picture - but , it was very , very brief moment
If I could figure out how to post the photos here I would - I am hopelessly untechnical - but I will see if I can figure it out
so you can see them
but , be warned - the photo with Richard is really not very good - he does not take the best photos sometimes

Gretchen.
05-16-2009, 12:46 AM
sadly ,no I don't think they are still in contact . Unless she is a facebook friend , which is possible , but she would not tell me about that- she refuses to be my FB friend
guess she thinks I would be spying on her
We did see a lot of players - and had a lot of chances for fan girl type photos -
She has amazing luck - her favorite moment - other than being around Richard - was a chance encounter with Rafa at a restaurant called the Beer Hunter
He was there with his team and they were watching a formula one race - so , she was able to get a picture - but , it was very , very brief moment
If I could figure out how to post the photos here I would - I am hopelessly untechnical - but I will see if I can figure it out
so you can see them
but , be warned - the photo with Richard is really not very good - he does not take the best photos sometimes

I don't think Richie has a facebook anymore, I'm pretty sure he deleted it :sad:

Oh btw the best way to show us the pic is to go to tinypic.com and upload the pic there and then copy and paste the IMG code, it usually says the code for forums and blogs ;)
I hope that made sense :lol:

Oh and poor Richie bless him :rolls: Most of his actions shots aren't very flattering, for such a good looking guy he sure can pull a lot of faces

Cloudygirl
05-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I did think the analogy used by case was quite extreme!!! I just want him to be happy, whatever he's doing.

me too. He is a bright guy you can see that so I'm sure that he won't be without prospects no matter what happens. hell if he retired now he is prob set for life moneywise, he has had sponsorship since the age of 12 I think.

scmom
05-16-2009, 12:55 AM
http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=218977052/a=40281416_40281416/

hmm - don't know this might just work
it is a collection of some photos we took in 2008
I took quite a few as I was out wondering the grounds
I am not the best photographer - but , well you can see I like the spanish guys
and tennis players seem to like my daughter
the photo of her with Tsonga was taken by someone other than me - at the photo shoot she went to
as I said , the photo with Richard is not very good of either of them

scmom
05-16-2009, 12:58 AM
if that link does not work I will try your suggestion , sunny

PinkFeatherBoa
05-16-2009, 01:02 AM
The link works as long you have a Snapfish account (which I do) because it makes you sign in.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Richie looks gorgeous in it and your daughter looks lovely as well. You're right, she does look quite old for her age, I would have thought she was in her early 20s if I didn't know her age.

Gretchen.
05-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Yeah you need an account to look at the pics (I have one too) ;)

Awww yeah they look nice together, also that pic of her and Rafa is cute :)

Cloudygirl
05-16-2009, 01:08 AM
How old was she when those were taken?

scmom
05-16-2009, 01:11 AM
glad it worked

she really hates that photo with Richard - hope she never sees it posted here
she will kill me
she says she looks like someone poked her with a sharp stick - and her shirt is all twisted up
The Rafa photo is the best one - but she is not out in the hot sun - so that does make it easier to look a bit better
That picture was taken earlier in the same evening that Richard asked her to the photo shoot

scmom
05-16-2009, 01:14 AM
in 2008 she was 17
and yes, she has looks older -
always has - she has an older brother - and it just kills him that waiters will offer her wine and alcohol
when we go on family dinners out
and he - who is 21 - is always carded
really pisses him off

Cloudygirl
05-16-2009, 01:20 AM
I get taken for a lot younger too so I have sympathy with him, when he gets older he will start to appreciate being taken for younger. In fact I was recently in a supermarket and the woman wouldn't serve me wine but I bumped into a friends daughter outside and they had served her (she is 16 I am 29! :)), it amused me lots.

Your daughter is a very pretty girl but I'm not surprised people think she is older, I think she looks nice in all the pictures.

Cin
05-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Richard is always nice to the fans.
I took several pics for my friends when they met him

I took this pic last year in Rome when he was signning for my friend, but that's my poster.:D

PinkFeatherBoa
05-16-2009, 01:39 AM
I sympathise with your son, since I get mistaken for a child so much. At Wimbledon last year, the man leaving Centre Court asked my mother while I was gone for a while "Would you like my cushion to use and here's one for your wee one as well." Well it wasn't wee because of my size (too tall) and he wasn't Scottish. People always call me 'kid' as well. As you can see I have a complex about this :lol:, I'm currently in my mid-20s so when I'm older I'm sure it will be nice to be considered young looking.

I thought your daughter looked lovely in all the pics.

tennis lover
05-16-2009, 01:47 AM
:lol: I am a bit like that. One of my brothers is 5 years older than me and when I was about 14 or something I managed to get a drink at a party and he got asked for ID, he was furious! :o he couldn't believe his baby sister got served and he didn't. :lol: it still happens now actually, most people think he's the youngest out of us and my other brother. :lol:

I just want to add that I am not some raging alcoholic or anything (drinking at 14 :o ) ;)

Cin
05-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah you need an account to look at the pics (I have one too) ;)

Awww yeah they look nice together, also that pic of her and Rafa is cute :)

tkx, then I could see the pics.

yeah, great pics. thx for sharing,

scmom
05-16-2009, 02:01 AM
I imagine that someday my son will be glad that he looks younger than he is
and frankly - maybe it is because I know how old he is - but he looks pretty much his age to me

and the thing with my daughter looking older is that older guys are always asking her out - and she is pretty comfortable around them
as she is used to her brother and his friends . Most of them would be about the same age as Richard - so she just knows how to relate to
guys that age.
Thanks for the compliments - I am proud of her ( and my son , too )

Truc
05-16-2009, 09:00 AM
L’Equipe writes that there will be a first hearing on Wednesday, a teleconference between the president of the ITF antidoping tribunal and Richard's lawyers. Richard won't take part in it. The final hearing will take place until mid-July, but no date yet.

Davodus
05-16-2009, 09:26 AM
thanks for the info

i hope it goes well :sobbing:

but-it's-ok
05-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks Fran for the update:)

We can only hope that common sense prevails and the outcome isn't too harsh for Richie,the weeks ahead are going to be so desperately difficult for him,if only he knew what brilliant fans he has in here:)

Eliande
05-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Richard is always nice to the fans.
I took several pics for my friends when they met him

I took this pic last year in Rome when he was signning for my friend, but that's my poster.:D

Nice one!:)

Naina
05-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Hope this goes well for Richie. Good Luck to him :hug:

rebelgirl8
05-16-2009, 11:06 AM
i found this story weird...

Spanish study shows cocaine in the air in Madrid and Barcelona (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30741658/)

reggie1
05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh thanks Scmom for posting the pics, they are great. Does you daughter like Nole too?
She is really pretty. She may not like you posting the pics but at least you can tell her that we all thought she looked nice, that should redeem you a little bit :lol:

emilie
05-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi!
There is a long article about Gasquet in the tennis mag of today. Can somebody who lives in FRance post it here? I live in the USA and I cannot find it:(

Cin
05-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi!
There is a long article about Gasquet in the tennis mag of today. Can somebody who lives in FRance post it here? I live in the USA and I cannot find it:(
Tennis Mag of may? I didnt receive the new mag.

emilie
05-16-2009, 02:31 PM
sorry, I meant of l'equipe magazine

Puschkin
05-16-2009, 02:49 PM
L’Equipe writes that there will be a first hearing on Wednesday, a teleconference between the president of the ITF antidoping tribunal and Richard's lawyers. Richard won't take part in it.

Thanks. So I think we won't hear anything before that. And I agree with it.

Gretchen.
05-16-2009, 03:10 PM
sorry, I meant of l'equipe magazine

All I have is the cover :(

http://www.welovetennis.fr/medias/images/une.jpg

case
05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
All I have is the cover :(

http://www.welovetennis.fr/medias/images/une.jpg

i knew i should have stayed away! that cover:eek:
i am probably more addicted to this site than gasquet is to coke;)

Miami Vice :sad: way back when we used to joke about how innocent he seemed.
that you couldnt find a picture of gasquet without deblicker-how i long for the good old days

scmom
05-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Miami Vice - well I guess that headline was too good to pass up

would love to read a translation of that article
and glad that lawyers are going to get something going soon
mid july sounds like a long time to wait for a final result -but i guess we have to be satisfied with that
and hope that the legal team uses the time wisely

Reggie1 - sorry I don't know your real name - my daughter is not a huge fan of Djokovic - but she said he was very nice to fans - she likes to wander around the grounds of the tournament-when there is no match she really wants to see going on - and said she saw them filming the commercials - remember the US Open series ones with the bus - they filmed those at Indian Wells that year - anyway Djokovic had just finished filming and walked right past her -he was taking photos with other fans who asked - so she figured she may as well get one too

I never ,ever have this kind of luck - but clearly - it is not that difficult to get the players to pose for photos when you are a pretty girl - can't say that I blame them , in that regard

Eliande
05-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Miami Vice - well I guess that headline was too good to pass up

I never ,ever have this kind of luck - but clearly - it is not that difficult to get the players to pose for photos when you are a pretty girl - can't say that I blame them , in that regard

I feel discriminated...:lol:

reggie1
05-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks Scmom, my real name is Vicky. What's yours? What is your daughter called? (I like to put names to faces :lol:) And Eliande, what's your name aswell?
That cover makes him look like some decadent creep who is trying his luck with the girls. people won't realise that the ATP try to get these players to pose like this and if you watch the video he looks as embarrassed as hell, as we all were! :lol:) Poor Richard. :sad:

scmom
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Vicky- nice to "meet " you
my name is Beth - and my daughter's name is Melissa - but we have always called her Missie , as a nickname

it sounds really cute in a french accent - it comes out misSEE

that photo is icky and he did look embarassed - but we did get a good laugh - at Missie's expense - with his "I have never done a cheerleader " faux pas
Missie has been a cheerleader for her school all through high school
we teased her that we were very thankful he had not "done " one

Gretchen.
05-16-2009, 07:40 PM
my name is Beth - and my daughter's name is Melissa - but we have always called her Missie , as a nickname

that photo is icky and he did look embarassed - but we did get a good laugh - at Missie's expense - with his "I have never done a cheerleader " faux pas
we teased her that we were very thankful he had not "done " one

:rolls: :lol: That is funny

Well welcome Beth :wavey:
My name's Jen :)

Keijan
05-17-2009, 01:00 AM
We were talking about reactions of the other French players before, and Nelson Monfort is speaking about them (he's a french journalist who has been doing tv interviews in Roland for years, he very often gets on my nerves but he's on Richard's side so he went higher in my esteem ;))

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-26561-ecoutez-la-colere-de-nelson-monfort-contre-henri-leconte.html

Basically, in the audio interview, he's saying Henri Leconte who was so harsh about Richard had no right to do so judging by his past and the way he leads his life today, and that the biggest part of the French contingent is fully supporting Gasquet : Santoro and Monfils being the most supportive, the "real friends" of Richard as he calls them (I never heard Gael saying anything but if Monfort says it it's very probably true.)

That's all I found for now, sorry for jumping in and out, I'm just trying to keep you tuned.

floss
05-17-2009, 06:42 AM
This drug drama, certainly puts the question about his sexuality in the shade.

Jozie
05-17-2009, 08:16 AM
This drug drama, certainly puts the question about his sexuality in the shade.

How do you draw this conclusion? :confused:

Not sure celebrities such as Tim Allen, Tom Boonen, Kelsey Grammer, Kate Moss (and the list goes on), would agree with you on that point. They have all admitted to taking cocaine - and their sexuality is not in question.

That was rather a naive statement you made! :rolleyes:

reggie1
05-17-2009, 10:08 AM

we teased her that we were very thankful he had not "done " oneYes, she had a narrow escape there "fur shoeure" as Richie would say :lol: that is really funny, I bet she had a chuckle over that. Oh, and it's nice to "meet" you too Beth :wavey: :lol:

reggie1
05-17-2009, 10:14 AM
This drug drama, certainly puts the question about his sexuality in the shade.I must admit I thought the same tbh. There used to be a time when if you googled Richard's name, you would get all the "gay" articles, now it's something far more sinister. I'd be more than happy to just find the gay articles and not some of the rubbish that I have found over the past week and some of the not so supportive articles that seem to gleefully point out that he may be banned for 2 years :sad: :sad: However, most of what I have read has basically said that this is a storm in a teacup and that he is being used as a scapegoat, which I truly believe he is.

Tess Gray
05-17-2009, 10:39 AM
How do you draw this conclusion? :confused:

Not sure celebrities such as Tim Allen, Tom Boonen, Kelsey Grammer, Kate Moss (and the list goes on), would agree with you on that point. They have all admitted to taking cocaine - and their sexuality is not in question.

That was rather a naive statement you made! :rolleyes:

I think (s)he meant that before when you talked about rumours surrounding Richard, a lot of people talked about the gay rumours, where as now they talk about the cocaine rumours ;) I think I'd rather have them talking about the gay rumours :sad:

Nice to meet you Beth;)

Jozie
05-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I think (s)he meant that before when you talked about rumours surrounding Richard, a lot of people talked about the gay rumours, where as now they talk about the cocaine rumours ;) I think I'd rather have them talking about the gay rumours :sad:

I can't help but defend Richie against any rumour of any kind, as his reputation as an upstanding sportsman is rapidly going down the drain. :sad:

So I apologise if I misinterpreted the statement made by Floss.

Yes nice to meet you too Beth, and thank you for sharing your interesting "Richie" information with us. :wavey:

reggie1
05-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Don't worry Jozie, we are all feeling a bit tense at the moment :hug:

reggie1
05-17-2009, 06:33 PM
What is that? I've googled it and I don't really understand the explanations :scratch:

reggie1
05-17-2009, 06:35 PM
i've just looked again, it is a cooking sauce? I've never heard of it!?

case
05-17-2009, 06:51 PM
at first i thought they meant wine. someone put coke in a sauce?
i just hope WADA will buy that story

scmom
05-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I saw that article , too
I believe it is some sort of joke article
the caption says something about news we could be hearing this week
stupid article - someone's idea of making light of a serious subject
I would put no stock in it at all

and , about the gay thing - well , I never believed it - not for one minute
his reaction to Missie was most definitely that of a heterosexual young man
so , for what it is worth , I would say he is straight

nice to meet all of you , too
I hope can get the names straight - it will take me some time - but I will

tennis lover
05-17-2009, 06:56 PM
I think it's referring to wine. ;) I saw that earlier but wasn't sure how reliable it was so didn't post it. :shrug: I don't know how they could possibly prove that unless someone admits to it.

case
05-17-2009, 06:56 PM
I saw that article , too
I believe it is some sort of joke article
the caption says something about news we could be hearing this week
stupid article - someone's idea of making light of a serious subject
I would put no stock in it at all
l

if WADA buys it i dont care how nutty it sounds!

btw-where are you in cal? i was born in lynwood at the same hospital as venus williams and my parents lived in whittier. I grew up at lake tahoe

Naina
05-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I dont think WADA will. Why would anyone do that? how do prove that in hindsight you got coke from a sauce. It could have been any other thing he had eaten unless of course it is intrinsic part of that particular sauce. looks like a dodgy defense plan. oh dear. I am quite worried now. Why does it say authorities discovered that. Shouldnt richie be the one tellig them all this in the first place. I am confused.

case
05-17-2009, 07:00 PM
i deleted that "news wire" apparently gasquet is becoming joke.

scmom
05-17-2009, 07:01 PM
read this article carefully ladies
it is written completely tongue in cheek
this is not Richard's defense
this article is a joke

I live in Palos Verdes , case
the same area of LA that is home to Pete Sampras, Tracy Austin and formerly Lindsay Davenport

case
05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
I dont think WADA will. Why would anyone do that? how do prove that in hindsight you got coke from a sauce. It could have been any other thing he had eaten unless of course it is intrinsic part of that particular sauce. looks like a dodgy defense plan. oh dear. I am quite worried now. Why does it say authorities discovered that. Shouldnt richie be the one tellig them all this in the first place. I am confused.

i looked again at the piece and it was a joke which is why i deleted it. there is enough jokes flying around without them being repeated here.

problem with all of this is that for gasquet to have been tricked wouldnt it be something like that? but i still dont see WADA buying the tricked defense.

case
05-17-2009, 07:05 PM
read this article carefully ladies
it is written completely tongue in cheek
this is not Richard's defense
this article is a joke

I live in Palos Verdes , case
the same area of LA that is home to Pete Sampras, Tracy Austin and formerly Lindsay Davenport
;) okay your tennis area trumps my hospital! but i saw alot of other stars at tahoe!

scmom
05-17-2009, 07:09 PM
I am quite sure you did
I have never been to Tahoe - I am not much of a skiier
really suck at it :)
I have heard it is really beautiful

case
05-17-2009, 07:27 PM
am i mistaken or did we all do a search for gasquet news this morning? we arent pathetic are we?:smash:

Gretchen.
05-17-2009, 10:59 PM
if WADA buys it i dont care how nutty it sounds!

btw-where are you in cal? i was born in lynwood at the same hospital as venus williams and my parents lived in whittier. I grew up at lake tahoe

I have a lot of family that lives in Lynwood :) I'm originally from Fresno, Cali and I used to go to lynwood almost every summer

case
05-17-2009, 11:22 PM
I have a lot of family that lives in Lynwood :) I'm originally from Fresno, Cali and I used to go to lynwood almost every summer

been to fresno. i liked it. flowers seemed to be everywhere. tahoe doesnt have much flowers. last time i was in lynwood, years ago, we were on our way to disneyland. my dad wanted to drive by the hospital but my mom thought that was stupid. my mom is not sentimental

Gretchen.
05-18-2009, 12:03 AM
been to fresno. i liked it. flowers seemed to be everywhere. tahoe doesnt have much flowers. last time i was in lynwood, years ago, we were on our way to disneyland. my dad wanted to drive by the hospital but my mom thought that was stupid. my mom is not sentimental

Yeah we do have a lot of flowers it's quite weird :lol: especially if you go to Dinuba, they are just everywhere.
Lynwood is nice, at least I always had fun there

Cloudygirl
05-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Still no news then :( I didn't expect any really but it is still a bit depressing.

Ad Wim
05-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Sorry, don't come here too often, but I am a huge fan of Richard. What is the final verdict on his suspension? Is he definitely suspended from now on, so that he won't play Roland Garros and the grass court season?

Truc
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
He didn't appeal the provisory suspension, so he's been already withdrawn from Roland and the grass events. It's not the final verdict, though.

reggie1
05-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Do we know why he didn't appeal this? Did he have a legal right to do so?

Truc
05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Yes, he could have appealed the provisory suspension and played RG and Wimbledon. If he had been sentenced afterwards, he would have given back the points and the money he had earned during that time.
But he chose not to - because it would be too tough for him to play right now, I guess!

Renaud
05-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Right decision in my opinion

Schu
05-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes, he could have appealed the provisory suspension and played RG and Wimbledon. If he had been sentenced afterwards, he would have given back the points and the money he had earned during that time.
But he chose not to - because it would be too tough for him to play right now, I guess!

I can imagine some players would be able to play under these circumstamces, might even get more fired up, but i suspect RIchie would just crumble completely. :sad:

IF a miracle happened at the initial hearing (which I don't expect AT ALL) but just hypothetically if something favorable did happen at the initial hearing would RIchard be able to re-enter any of the grass court tournies after he was scratched?

This STILL SUCKS!!

Cloudygirl
05-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Do we know why he didn't appeal this? Did he have a legal right to do so?

Read the Hingis judgment I posted it on here somewhere. It def counted against her that she played after her samples came back positive. I think his lawyers are wise if they have advised him not to. Just sucks though.

Cin
05-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Read the Hingis judgment I posted it on here somewhere. It def counted against her that she played after her samples came back positive. I think his lawyers are wise if they have advised him not to. Just sucks though.

sb. told me that he cant play after receiving the result according the new rules of ITF.

Cloudygirl
05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
My understanding was that he could have played up until he was suspended which he didn't. He also could have appealed the suspension but again he hasn't as yet.

Cloudygirl
05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
meh Richie I miss you so much. How good are the shots at 2.10 and around 3 mins :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BNg3q7dPcI
I hope he does take this time to get fitter a bit more court speed and endurance and he would def have won this match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRa7sgx83U&feature=related and I remember watching this match (thanks for posting this on youtube btw tess) and thinking yup thats how you play on grass. :(

At least some of the articles about this seem to be getting more supportive. This one is interesting regarding Cocaine consumption.

http://leprocesazf.blogs.nouvelobs.com/archive/2009/05/18/gasquet-moins-d-un-nanogramme-d-info-par-millilitre-d-urine.html

Gretchen.
05-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Richie was the whole highlight of that Gonzalez match :( I remember being up at 4 in the morning watching that and some of the shots that he pulled off were amazing.Oh and that cute little dance he did to celebrate was adorable :awww: :sad: I miss him as well :sobbing:

case
05-18-2009, 10:09 PM
so when did his suspension start? if they found out in miami why did they let him play in the other tournaments? it seems to me that since he already had an injury he might as well said to the itf i will take my suspension now. why did he continue only to withdraw?

if the itf and the atp are so worried about drugs he should have not been allowed anywhere near another tournament immediately

also does anyone know who first told l'equipe that he had a positive test? not that it really matters

Cloudygirl
05-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I read somewhere that Richie found out about the positive test by letter when he was in Rome. I don't know how long the officals knew before notifying him.

Keijan
05-19-2009, 12:10 AM
The pics of the fateful party with Bob Sinclar :
http://worldwide.tilllate.com/en/event/9106135

Don't look through the 125 pics, Richie isn't to be seen anywhere. According to Apolline (WLT journalist) Thierry Champion is, but I didn't find him (didn't look very hard either, I was close to throwing up after 4-5 pictures)

Apolline's article :

Pendant une semaine, elle n’a pas voulu parler, elle s’est retranchée auprès de sa famille, elle a préparé sa défense, elle a fait analyser un de ses beaux cheveux blonds, elle a appelé Jean Gachassin pour lui expliquer ce qui s’était passé, mais elle ne pouvait pas tout lui dire. Evidemment. Il fallait attendre. Mais une semaine s’est écoulée et Apolline est en mesure de vous révéler ce qui s’est passé le 27 mars dernier à Miami avec Richard Gasquet.

Commençons par l’aspect documentaire de ce papier. Apolline va rappeler deux, trois petits faits historiques pour planter le décor. Il y a 12 ans, Laurent Trupiano et Apolline Céleste se sont rencontrés par Internet. Non pas sur Meetic qui n’existait pas encore, mais sur le Sportif Déchainé, site crée par le sieur Trupiano, site culte puisqu’il fut le premier média d’info sportive sur l’Internet français avec déjà à l’époque une ligne éditoriale qui a scellé l’amitié entre les deux comparses : un Canard Enchainé du sport. Des textes de fond, engagés, passionnés, contre-pied, qui ont marqué les internautes pionniers et si on rappelle cela, c’est qu’Apolline prend ses plus vieux et fidèles lecteurs à témoins : elle ne se souvient pas d’une seule semaine sans que le Sportif Déchainé ait signé au moins un texte sur la question du dopage. C’était une période où le couvercle de l’omerta sur les pratiques du haut niveau était en train de sauter dans un certains nombres de sports-phare : le cyclisme, le football, l’athlétisme. Un grand spécialiste y construisait sa réputation sur une connaissance encyclopédique, presque obsessionnelle de la question : le docteur Jean-Pierre de Mondenard. Il n’a pas baissé pavillon depuis. Il reste intraitable. Apolline l’embrasse sur les deux joues. Mais lui ne la suit pas dans sa chambre. Intraitable, elle vous le dit, le doc’.

Outre un grand fait d’armes, une interview de deux heures de Daniel Baal, le président de la fédération française de cyclisme, pour le Sportif Déchainé TV (programmé sur la défunte Canalweb de Jacques Rosselin. Sniff, toute une époque) où nous avions poussé le bon président Baal au fin fond de ses plus intenables paradoxes, Apolline avait également eu une entrevue de trois heures avec l’affable Philippe Bouin où de façon fort diplomatique, nous étions tombé d’accord pour dire que nous nous trouvions à l’exact opposé sur la question de l’exemplarité du sport. Philippe Bouin ne comprenait pas qu’on demande aux jeunes champions d’être plus exemplaires que la société dans laquelle ils vivaient. Les politiciens s’y dopaient, les artistes s’y droguaient, les Français étaient champions du monde des anxiolytiques, pourquoi attendre d’un gosse de 23 ans qu’il soit plus exemplaire que les autres sous prétexte qu’il était un sportif. Apolline pensait exactement l’inverse. Toute l’affaire du sport, tout le respect que le public a pour les sportifs, toute la fascination qu’il peut porter jusqu’à la fin de sa vie pour un champion, repose sur un contrat de confiance entre le dit champion et le public. C’est par un mental hors pair, un talent exceptionnel, une capacité de travail unique, et donc un florilège de qualités naturelles, entretenues par des pratiques abordables humainement, mais que le commun des mortels ne peut soutenir plus de 15 minutes, que nous appelons le champion "champion !". Dans cette acception, il va sans dire que ce héros ne peut pas tricher sur les conditions de sa performance : il n’a pas le droit de se doper, il n’a pas le droit de se droguer. Sinon nous ne pouvons pas l’admirer, nous ne pouvons pas nous emballer, lui faire de statue, nous ne pouvons même plus parler du sport qu’il représente, nous ne regardons même plus ce sport. Apolline ne regarde plus ni le cyclisme, ni l’athlétisme, et de moins en moins de football parce qu’elle n’y croit plus. Le champion a par contre le droit de fumer ou de boire un petit coup de jaja. Certes tout dopage n’est qu’une question de dosage, et l’alcool et le cannabis sont des adjuvants qu’il ne faut jamais sous-estimer, mais qu’on soit bien clair, le dopage comme il est pratiqué aujourd’hui, c’est pas avec une tirette de chichon, ni un coup de cognac qu’il se fait, c’est avec du lourd, avec du chimique programmé, avec de la fenêtre de tir. Si néanmoins Apolline vous précise encore ça, c’est que même là-dessus, la fumette et la piquette, Laurent Trupiano et elle ont une petite tolérance des pratiques de l’époque, mais certainement pas celle de trouver ça génial. Un sportif, c’est un exemple de santé, et donc un sportif de haut niveau, ça fume pas et ça boit pas. Ca fumera et ça boira peut-être quand tout ça sera fini, mais quand on est en pleine activité, les champions se doivent d’être inattaquables sur ces questions-là. Pour vous situer même où les deux compères du Sportif Déchaîné, de Sport24, de GrandChelem et de Welovetennis peuvent pousser la question de l’exemplarité. Quand on fait du sport, on fume pas et on boit pas, mais ça vaut aussi pour ceux qui écrivent sur le sport, qui travaillent dans le sport, qui vivent du sport. Outre le problème de l’alcoolisme et de la fumette qui a lui aussi lourdement infusé le monde du journalisme, sachez que les fondateurs de ce site ont refusé il y a deux ans de monter un autre projet de journal gratuit avec une société d’édition qui avait pignon sur rue mais dont une réunion de trente minutes avec les deux responsables nous avait permis de comprendre que ces deux-là ne pouvaient pas clore une journée sans se faire un petit joint sur le balcon. Vous aurez compris l’intérêt de cette rétrospective : chez GrandChelem-Welovetennis, on n’est pas trop le genre à trouver des circonstances atténuantes à des mecs qui se dopent ou qui se droguent, même une seule fois, ici Richard Gasquet.

Enchaînons avec l’aspect journalistique de ce papier. Quand elle a reçu par SMS l’info "Gasquet contrôlé à la cocaïne", Apolline a tout de suite compris qu’il fallait rentrer dans le mode "patience", la fermer à double tour et attendre. Elle a effectivement vu se déverser la tonne de commentaires des lecteurs sur le site. Beaucoup de grosses bêtises, quelques menues réflexion, deux-trois liens intéressants sur des tentatives de pistes évoquées par d’autres médias, mais finalement la même zone d’ombre que l’ensemble du milieu du tennis sur ce qu’il s’était passé dans la fameuse soirée du vendredi dans un club de Miami, le bien nommé Set. A force néanmoins de s’obstiner sur cette zone d’ombre, le monde du tennis oubliait de lire, de relire et de relire encore le premier et seul communiqué de Richard Gasquet quand il tombait sur nos prompteurs : "Compte tenu de la complexité de ce dossier, je réunis actuellement les preuves de mon innocence et fixerai le moment opportun pour m'exprimer". Ce communiqué était accompagné de l’information selon laquelle Gasquet avait déjà diligenté un contrôle capillaire pour démontrer qu’il n’était pas un cocaïnomane. La ligne de défense choisie par les avocats du champion était donc claire. Elle indiquait même que le joueur et son entourage avaient déjà préparé cette stratégie depuis quelques jours. En gros et comme premier message pour les futures instances qui le jugeraient, Gasquet disait : oui j’ai pris de la cocaïne, mais je ne suis pas un consommateur, pas du tout, du tout, du tout. Et le terme de « complexité » laissait déjà entendre que Richard Gasquet allait essayer de démontrer qu’il n’était pas entièrement responsable de son erreur, que c’était plus compliqué que ça.

Après ce communiqué, rien. Rien pendant quatre jours. Une polémique sur la dose retrouvée dans les urines, sujet micro passionnant et nano utile à part pour entériner que le taux correspond bien à l’équivalent d’un rail de cocaïne pris la veille du contrôle. Plus rien donc jusqu’à ce que le président de la Fédération, Jean Gachassin, s’exprime et finalement lâche tout, enfin presque tout : "D’après ce qu’il m’a dit, il s’est fait avoir. (…) Il a fait sans doute une troisième mi-temps un peu difficile. Il a dû se faire avoir, je ne sais pas comment ni dans quelles circonstances. Je ne peux pas en parler et il n’a pas voulu le dire. C’est d’ordre privé. Il savait qu’il ne jouait pas, il s’est laissé aller… ". Reprenons cette déclaration pas à pas. "Il s’est fait avoir", confirmation est donc faite que Richard Gasquet ne nie pas qu’il a bien consommé de la cocaïne mais qu’il l’a fait dans une circonstance où il a été victime de la situation. Victime de quoi ? Gachassin répond "Je ne peux pas en parler et il n’a pas voulu le dire. C’est d’ordre privé". Question simple d’Apolline : de quoi un homme peut-il se dire victime mais dont il ne veut parler car cela relève de l’ordre privé ? Vous l’avez compris, si vous voulez éclairer l’affaire Gasquet, rembobinez le film et cherchez la femme.

On est le vendredi 27 mars 2009 à Miami. Richard Gasquet doit jouer son premier match contre Albert Montanès. Mais il souffre toujours et encore de son épaule. Une IRM passée le vendredi confirme qu’il ne sera pas en mesure de défendre ses chances le lendemain. Richard Gasquet ne jouera pas le tournoi de Miami ce qu’il déclarera officiellement le samedi en présentant aux autorités de l’ATP les preuves de son incapacité physique. Tournoi terminé, il peut donc aller faire une bonne soirée avec les français de passage, et tiens, super plan, aller assister au concert du DJ Bob Sinclar, de faction au fameux Set, discothèque hype du quartier de South West. Richard Gasquet s’y rend avec ceux qui seront les seuls témoins français de cette soirée. Ils ont pour nom Thierry Champion, Christian Audigier, entrepreneur et designer, et une équipe de Paris Dernière. Si ni Thierry Champion, ni Christian Audigier n’ont tenu à revenir sur cette nuit, l’Equipe Magazine a fait parler le staff de Paris Dernière qui n’a pas été franchement marqué par la présence de Richard Gasquet une fois la soirée entamée. Des photos du lieu en effervescence ont été prises qui ne font jamais apparaître le Français, alors qu’on reconnaît Thierry Champion sur l’une d’entre elles entourées d’un essaim de jeunes gratteuses de nuques aux attributs particulièrement gonflés. On joint d’ailleurs ici le lien des photos de la soirée pour bien situer de quelle faune on parle, sinon on ne peut pas comprendre ce qui va suivre. On pourra y faire défiler la centaine de photos qui capture de face ou de profil tout l’étal des poissonnières déguisées en disco bitch, on ne trouvera aucune trace de Gasquet. Richard est bien l’homme invisible comme nous l’avions décrit dans la parabole des 4 Fantastiques. Où peut-il donc être passé dans un tel aquarium ?

C’est là que démarre l’aspect fictionnel de ce papier. Apolline a essayé de le traiter avec humour. Toute ressemblance avec des personnages ayant réellement existé serait purement fortuite. Ne cherchez pas la vraisemblance dans ce qui va suivre. C’est parce qu’il y a fiction qu’il y a bingo.

Quand Richard Gasquet est arrivé au Set, Apolline lui a foncé droit dessus. Enfin elle l’a fait comme le font toutes les Apolllines, elle lui a foncé dessus tout en lui faisant croire que cette rencontre à cet endroit-là à ce moment-là était un hasard total. Et si ce jeune homme avait la plus petite parcelle de doutes sur ses intentions, Apolline avait quelques arguments pour lui faire passer les vents du destin pour les voiles légères de la coïncidence : grande, blonde, gros seins, belles cannes, elle avait déjà pesé et emballé pas mal de sportifs aux dents écartés sur cette phrase que sa bouche pulpeuse savait répéter comme personne : « You’re french, aren’t you ? Porlez vous froounnçé ?». La cible était accrochée radar, tenue par le bout de la queue, le point le plus stable chez un homme. Derrière ça, le désir faisait sa petite affaire, simplifiant les questions. Rester dans un des carrés du Set ? Aller où ? A ton hôtel ? A mon hôtel ? Dans la villa de tes copains ? Dans celle de mes copines ? Qu’importe, vite un lieu privé, discret, pour nous aimer dans les creux et les bosses. Là, Apolline a montré à Richard deux, trois petites virtuosités qu’elle savait enchaîner sans les mains, certes pas aussi brillantes que le revers croisé du Français, mais on fait ce qu’on peut. Visiblement Richard avait l’air d’apprécier tout ça, de beaucoup s’amuser. Comme on était bien, comme on était beau, comme on sentait bon le sable chaud, Apolline a sorti deux petits sachets dans lesquels il y avait de la poudre blanche. Tout de suite elle a vu le regard un peu malaisé de Richard. Il ne découvrait pas la chose, non, c’est juste qu’il n’en avait jamais pris. Mais en voyant Apolline commencer à tracer les lignes en grande professionnelle et à se sniffer un rail comme à la cantine (en fait Apolline, qui est née le jour de la chandeleur, avait mis de la farine de pâte à crêpes dans le premier sachet), Richard s’était vite dit qu’il allait passer pour un con s’il n’en prenait pas. Et puis il ne jouait pas demain, on était à Miami, Apolline était une bombe, s’il n’essayait pas la coke ce jour-là, quand est-ce qu’il allait l’essayer ? Richard passait enfin à l’acte avec le deuxième sachet, celui où la farine fait gling gling dans le cerveau. Moment étrange de peur et de plaisir… que l’étrangeté envahissait par-dessus tout malgré les circonstances euphoriques. Voilà ce que Gachassin appelait une troisième mi-temps un peu difficile. Le lendemain, Gasquet déclarait forfait alors que la compétition était déjà commencée. Plus tard dans la journée, il était contrôlé. Positif. Fin de l’histoire ? Non.

C’est par l’aspect prophétique du texte qu’Apolline va terminer. Dans quelques semaines, Richard Gasquet et ses avocats vont venir défendre la thèse suivante sur cette soirée. Ils vont dire qu’Apolline a été pilotée par quelqu’un pour faire commettre l’irréparable à Richard, qu’elle l’a manipulée, qu’elle savait qui il était. Même s’ils auront bien du mal à démontrer que des commanditaires russes ou que la mafia espagnole ont des intérêt très forts à faire chuter un Gasquet, ils diront qu’Apolline était quand même une diablesse, juste là pour faire tomber les jeunes perdreaux du mois dans les flammes de la tentation. Apolline est coupable, pas Richard.

Eh bien ils auront raison. Apolline est la grande responsable de tout cela. En bonne pilière du Set, elle a tout de suite vu la naïveté du jeune homme qui était rentré, elle a tout de suite vu ses yeux timides de gamin qui fait semblant d’assurer alors qu’il assure pas un calot, elle a tout de suite vu qu’il jouait au grand mais qu’il était encore tout petit dans sa tête, elle a tout de suite vu qu’elle pouvait en faire ce qu’elle voulait. Mais messieurs les juges, messieurs les avocats, soyez clémente avec Apolline, car elle a un alibi béton qui la dédouane sur l’essentiel : elle n’avait même pas besoin de savoir que ce jeune homme, c’était Richard Gasquet.

http://www.welovetennis.fr/blog-apolline/11875-richard-gasquet-piege-par-apolline

It's veeeeery long, but basically he's (cause he's a man) saying that one of the bimbos caught Richie, led him to his hotel room and gave him the coke, which Richard accepted because, well, if not now it's neither, he wouldn't play the tournament anyway, and let's be cool at least once in his life. He also thinks that this is going to be the defense of Richard's advocates : that the girl was paid to make Richard ingest coke and that the boy agreed to it in a naive moment of weakness. "Search the woman"
He adds that if that was what happened, the girl probably didn't have a clue of who Richie was and just set her sights on a cute, naive-looking and ill-at-ease kid who entered the club trying to pretend he's perfectly handling the situation when he so obviously isn't.

(Of course the journalist doesn't have a clue, but that's what he deduced from Richie's "this is a complicated situation and I'm gathering the evidence of my innocence" and Gachassin's "he was abused but it's private and I can't talk about it".)

It's worth what it's worth, and for myself I'm a bit sick of everyone giving his view on what happened when nobody knows the truth apart from Richard, but I'm very curious to hear about Richard's lign of defense now.

emilie
05-19-2009, 12:32 AM
That's what i deduced too. I believe that the cocaine is in his urine because he kissed a girl. It is possible because some people put cocaine in their mouth.
About the article, this journalist( who is in fact a man) is an horrible human being. For some reason( personal, jealousy..i do not know) he and his site hate Gasquet. They always try to deminish him. I try to avoid to go there because they make me sick.
If Gasquet take 2 years and do a depression, They wouldn't be sad for him, they will just be happy. I have never read something like that before! I tried to reply one day but i think it is better to boycott their site.
Anyway, I feel sooo depressed for Richard and I hope, if he gets 2 years, that he will find something else to do. I am afraid he 'll do a depression. Maybe he should study at university.
Keijan, do you have l'aquipe mag from last saturday? I try to find it.

Cin
05-19-2009, 12:34 AM
at the beainning of April, I've already looked all the pics of SET on 27-28/03 that I found online.
I didnt see Richard, but neither Champion :P

there are so many informations from the press. but I still want to listen from his side.

Cin
05-19-2009, 12:40 AM
That's what i deduced too. I believe that the cocaine is in his urine because he kissed a girl. It is possible because some people put cocaine in their mouth.
About the article, this journalist( who is in fact a man) is an horrible human being. For some reason( personal, jealousy..i do not know) he and his site hate Gasquet. They always try to deminish him. I try to avoid to go there because they make me sick.
If Gasquet take 2 years and do a depression, They wouldn't be sad for him, they will just be happy. I have never read something like that before! I tried to reply one day but i think it is better to boycott their site.
Anyway, I feel sooo depressed for Richard and I hope, if he gets 2 years, that he will find something else to do. I am afraid he 'll do a depression. Maybe he should study at university.
I tried to find it too.
actually I went to buy it, but the Tabac which is next to my appt was closed earlier that day.
Miami Vice is a awful title.

Gretchen.
05-19-2009, 12:44 AM
I tried to find it too.
actually I went to buy it, but the Tabac which is next to my appt was closed earlier that day.
Miami Vice is a awful title.

I posted a pic of the cover a couple pages back but was never able to find the whole article that went along with it :shrug:

:eek: If the real story about what happened and how this cocaine got into his system is something like that then someone should give Richie a real good slapper in the face! :o I hope that the true story isn't like that but if the president of the FTT said he was tricked then it might be...

case
05-19-2009, 12:59 AM
:lol:where are the men in those pic?
all i see is a bunch of hookers

as i said before gasquet needs to get out and say he is innocent these articles are just making it worse.
he really is losing right now- i dont see how it can hurt him

Cin
05-19-2009, 01:00 AM
I posted a pic of the cover a couple pages back but was never able to find the whole article that went along with it :shrug:

:eek: If the real story about what happened and how this cocaine got into his system is something like that then someone should give Richie a real good slapper in the face! :o I hope that the true story isn't like that but if the president of the FTT said he was tricked then it might be...
IMO, according the rules of ITF, if Richard can prove his innocence, we wouldnt know the truth. ITF will let the whole story as a secret. The medias, the fans can not read the archives in that condition.

actually, I dont care the statment or any interview of FFT considering what happened last year in Bercy.:rolleyes:

I want to listen from Richard, his agent or Team Largardere, but they keep silence during the last few days. Maybe we should have some patience and waiting for the hearing.

case
05-19-2009, 01:06 AM
probably where sunny found the cover but here is the link for the mag i cant read what the are saying and it doesn look like the whole article

http://www.lequipemag.fr/EquipeMag/Mag/flip/index_flip.html

Schu
05-19-2009, 01:43 AM
The "journalists" have no idea what happened and I suppose richard is keeping quite because that is the best thing to do. Everyone can speculate and it sounds like we might never know what happened. The main thing is that if he is innocent he can prove it to ITF/WADA.

I surely hope Richard has a better defense than a woman made me do it - not much of a defense there unless he can prove he did not know he was taking cocaine. And even then they come down on the side that a player is responsible for what goes in his body, although I don't see haow one can always do that unless they are a chemist or pharmacist. No attorney would use the woman made me do it defense so there has to be something more. It probably does involve other people but in what way we may never know and that doesn't really matter as long as it clears Richie.

THe longer this goes on the more ridiculous things get and eventually it will become so insane that no one will believe any more. There is a reason Richard is keeping quite and I guess we just have to wait and hope justice and reason eventually prevail.

emilie
05-19-2009, 02:33 AM
According from what I have read, some drug addict put the cocaine in their mouth or genitals. If a girl put one grams of cocaine in her mouth and kiss Richard, it is enough for him to get 150 nanograms in his urine I think.
The fact that it is a "private affair" means that it is something "sexual" or extremely scandalous.
It is better for Richard not to tell the medias.

Lemon Custard
05-19-2009, 04:13 AM
I don't know. I think as a fan, I'm prepared to think the best of Richard. But if the details are never released, the public assumption is always going to be for the worst possible scenario. I'm not sure that's the best way to go.

Puschkin
05-19-2009, 06:00 AM
THe longer this goes on the more ridiculous things get and eventually it will become so insane that no one will believe any more.

I don't think so. It got rather quiet on all sports sites about Richard recently, and "Welovetennis" has always been full of hatred against Richard, as somebody pointed out rightly already.

There might be some speculation now, but it would be much more, if he'd speak publicly now. Personally, I can imagine many scenarios, but I see no value discussing them on the internet.

case
05-19-2009, 06:19 AM
I don't think so. It got rather quiet on all sports sites about Richard recently, and "Welovetennis" has always been full of hatred against Richard, as somebody pointed out rightly already.

There might be some speculation now, but it would be much more, if he'd speak publicly now. Personally, I can imagine many scenarios, but I see no value discussing them on the internet.

i dont see alot of scenarios. he either took coke or he didnt. it was never the public's business to know those lab tests anyway. it was never the ATP or WADA's business to know if gasquet took non performance enhancing drugs.
And way before this as much joking around that we have had here about gasquet and his private life it was never any of our business.

gasquet doesnt owe me an explanation, but the way society views silence is another matter.
it might be different in another country but here in america not proclaiming your innocence
and fighting for yourself is often seen as though you have something to hide-namely your guilt.

I blame the ATP for letting this get so carried away.

*MJP*
05-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Jeeez, every time i log back in here the stories about Richie seem to get worse & worse! I hope that we get an indication about whats going on very soon. Btw who was it that said Richie had been abused or that the matter was a private affair? I seem to have missed part of the ever changing story.

Cloudygirl
05-19-2009, 07:57 AM
it is all a load of speculative crap. There are no pics of him at the club but since when did Richie have huge celeb status in miami? The capacity of the club is a few thousand probably so not surprising he isn't in pics.

It is a ridiculous article, who takes lovetennis seriously anyway? We all know it is shit!

Davodus
05-19-2009, 08:01 AM
this is why i'm not reading any articles

they would just make me mad

Keijan
05-19-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm just trying to inform you guys as I find new stuff. I don't agree with the article, it's true that WLT has been anti-Gasquet for a while now, but I just felt that this particular article might put the situation in a new light and in perspective, at least it made me see things differently. But if you want me to stop posting articles, I will

I don't have l'équipe mag either, Emilie :shrug: but it seems it was pretty pathetic, as always (remember the Gasquet will be the first to win a GS ? :o)

Davodus
05-19-2009, 09:38 AM
no it's ok :lol: keep posting them
they are in french anyway so i have no chance of understanding them :p and they are good for information

i just don't go out of my way to find articles to read because it frustates me

Cin
05-19-2009, 09:43 AM
OH, Keijan,pls dont. at least I want to read the artcles although they can make me angry.

the medias dont know the truth niether, so we can just do not care about their stories.
they are tring to attract readers, so they aggrandize everything.
TBH, I know well the press stuffs, we have to admit that the journalists or someone else know more things than us.their gossips sometimes are the real stories.

but why do we care this welovetennis site? IMO, they can do nothing but post the stupid articles "stolen" from others. I always treat this site as shit.

another thing, Richard probably is a play boy off court,you know, we have the serve it up story, clubbing pics, and some words from other players. that's maybe his lifestyle as lots of young guys. I do respect this because that's his private life. so this rumor probably has reason, could be the truth. but the point that I care is, you know, he didnt cheat in the competition. the cocaine wasnt for his match.he forgot his profession at that moment and made a stupid mistake.

so I think a suspension of 2 years is so unfair for such a talented player.

Cin
05-19-2009, 09:47 AM
« Si la coke était de l’hélium, toute la NBA s’envolerait »

what a title~~~!haha

reggie1
05-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks for answering my questions about why he didn't appeal the initial ban folks.
Marion, please don't stop posting articles, many of us are interested in what is being written and especially in France as no doubt Richard will read them too.
I hope to God, they are not going to go with this defense as I think WADA's attitude will be "Tough, you're not a child, you should have known better!". If Richard didn't consume alcohol that night yet still took some " white powder" that some porn star wannabe offered him, then I really don't want to think what WADA's response to that will be :scratch: He can't really be that naive at 23, can he? :help:

reggie1
05-19-2009, 10:57 AM
I honestly wish you would give us your opinion, it may be something that we haven't all thought of and it would/could give us some hope that he will be cleared. We need some optimism :)

case
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm just trying to inform you guys as I find new stuff. ...But if you want me to stop posting articles, I will

please dont stop and those that dont want to read some of the nutty stories dont have to read them. I can understand their point of view too.
tabloid journalism can do alot of damage. which is why i want to know what is being said. rumors, even when not true, can become a twisted reality.

Venle
05-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Hello guys :hug:

I'll watch some ARAG soon, hope they broadcast a good match. ;)

Venle
05-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Should I try to practise my French by reading those articles about Richie? Or will they just make me feel bad as usually?

:awww:

reggie1
05-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Should I try to practise my French by reading those articles about Richie? Or will they just make me feel bad as usually?

:awww:Venla, you could always stick them into google translate "french to English" translation, that should at least make you smile! Some of the phrases in that last article about those girls were hilarious. It sounded like some 16th century Ye olde worlde English village witch woman was talking about girls with loose morals! :lol:

Schu
05-19-2009, 02:35 PM

I'm not saying that Richard should speak out or tell the public anything and I think he is best to keep his mouth shut. I was just commenting on how absurd things become and those that feed off of sensational "news" will continue to stir it up. It does seem that things are dying down a bit and that is to be expected as there is just so much one can say about this.

And yes Case, who/whatever leaked this should pay a big price for this.

I would just like to know that he is getting through this and seeing/hearing him would be a comfort (or maybe it would be worse) but I don't expect him to face the public just to make me feel better.

Keijan, Thanks for posting the latest "news". I don't think anyone was upset that you posted the story, just at how low some "journalists" can go. I hope richie has banned himself from all this crap long ago.

Keijan
05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Okay, thanks everyone, I'll post other stuff when I find it, I just wanted to make sure nobody was upset by my posts. I definitely hope Richard is staying far from the press and internet atm, he doesn't need additional stress on top of waiting for his audience :/

Puschkin
05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
it might be different in another country but here in america not proclaiming your innocence and fighting for yourself is often seen as though you have something to hide-namely your guilt.
In the only statement we have from Richard, he says that "he is putting together proofs of his innocence", so what? :shrug: And he might well fight for his innocence, but without telling the media.

I was just commenting on how absurd things become and those that feed off of sensational "news" will continue to stir it up.
I do not agree. I feel that the whole thing has cooled down considerably since last week, at least in (half) serious media, which welovetennis is not.

Cloudygirl
05-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm just trying to inform you guys as I find new stuff. I don't agree with the article, it's true that WLT has been anti-Gasquet for a while now, but I just felt that this particular article might put the situation in a new light and in perspective, at least it made me see things differently. But if you want me to stop posting articles, I will

I don't have l'équipe mag either, Emilie :shrug: but it seems it was pretty pathetic, as always (remember the Gasquet will be the first to win a GS ? :o)

Don't stop posting articles. It is interesting to see what is said even when it is crappy.

Keijan
05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Someone posted this on RG.net, but I can't find the article on internet. It's probably because it appeared in the newspaper Ouest France and not on the site :

Gachassin (French Federation president) speaking :

Au sujet de Gasquet, la presse a laissé entendre que j'avais dit qu'il aurait dû déclarer forfait 24 heures plus tôt, ainsi il n'aurait pas été contrôlé. On a dénaturé mes propos....Sachant qu'il n'allait pas jouer, qu'il s'était sans doute laissé aller et je peux le comprendre. En revanche, si les tests démontrent qu'il est un accro de la cocaine, on sévira dans les limites de notre pouvoir....cad on ne le sélectionnant pas en équipe de France."

He's speaking about never taking Richard in the DC team again if it's revealed that he's an addict to cocaine.

I don't understand that, because I thought we had confirmed that the hair test was showing he wasn't an addict, unless they're waiting for the official confirmation, since Richard was the only one to say this about the hair test :shrug: So I don't know why he's mentionning that again but the possibility of him being rejected at life from DC is :sobbing::help:

Cloudygirl
05-19-2009, 11:42 PM
if he has taken it or if he is an addict. Those are completely different things really.

Keijan
05-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Like I said, if he is an addict. That's what être accro means

Cloudygirl
05-19-2009, 11:53 PM
How would that be proved officially though. The doping agency don't officially hair strand and I don't think they do bloods which are indicators of longer term usage, so I wouldn't imagine whether or not he was an addict would be an issue in question at any hearing. Could they make him take independent tests with the French tennis federation or would he be within his rights to refuse to take them.

Keijan
05-20-2009, 12:00 AM
The hair test isn't enough to proove he isn't an addict ? I really thought the fact that he wasn't a regular consumer was a certitude, but maybe it's not then ? :awww:

I suppose he has all rights to refuse any further tests but if he does, it will just show that he's afraid of the results and that he has something to hide. So I believe that whatever tests are required, he'll do them to proove his innocence :shrug:
The FFT also said they would wait for the decision of the ITF to take any decision themselves.

Cloudygirl
05-20-2009, 12:08 AM
From reading around my understanding (although I think it is daft as hair strand testing is a more accurate indicator of longer term drug use) is that the doping agency don't really recognise hair strand testing so even though he has done an independent test it won't necessarily be taken into consideration. Just the fact that it is in his urine is enough for a ban. I imagine though that his lawyers are hoping to reduce any ban by proving he isn't an addict.

I understand why there is no news it's prob better that he doesn't talk about it before any hearing but it is very very frustrating and worrying.

Keijan
05-20-2009, 12:13 AM
He should just do whatever test they ask him to do then. How stupid of them not to take the hair test into consideration ! If they think he could have paid the independant laboratory so they say he's not an addict when he is, they should just make him do another test :o

It would be normal in my view that it's a lot worse when you're a regular consumer than when it's the first or second time you've taken it, and therefore the ban shouldn't be the same, no ?

It seems we'll have more news from his lawyers tomorrow -as always, wait, wait or wait, make your choice :-(

Cloudygirl
05-20-2009, 12:16 AM
He should just do whatever test they ask him to do then. How stupid of them not to take the hair test into consideration ! If they think he could have paid the independant laboratory so they say he's not an addict when he is, they should just make him do another test :o

It would be normal in my view that it's a lot worse when you're a regular consumer than when it's the first or second time you've taken it, and therefore the ban shouldn't be the same, no ?

It seems we'll have more news from his lawyers tomorrow -as always, wait, wait or wait, make your choice :-(

In other sports like cycling it seems to be that you get a lighter ban first time round but in tennis it all seems to be very random and nonsensical to me. Hingis's 2 year ban was ridiculous.

I just hope he is ok and his life isn't too much of a media circus.

Venle
05-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Venla, you could always stick them into google translate "french to English" translation, that should at least make you smile! Some of the phrases in that last article about those girls were hilarious. It sounded like some 16th century Ye olde worlde English village witch woman was talking about girls with loose morals! :lol:

Okay, thanks Vicky :hug: Google translate is indeed hilarious :help:

I'm trying not to think about this till I hear Richard's statement. I hope it was just that one time :sobbing:

reggie1
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm still hoping that he is going to come up with some trump card, Perry Mason style at his hearing :yeah:

Cloudygirl
05-20-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm still hoping that he is going to come up with some trump card, Perry Mason style at his hearing :yeah:

Sadly law courts or even tribunals in England at least, bear no resemblence to Perry Mason or Judge Judy. I was gutted to find this out, took all the fun out of being a law student. Also nothing like legally blonde :(

Gasquetno.1
05-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Has his hearing happened yet, does anyone know?

Schu
05-20-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't expect we will hear much about this initial "hearing" with the lawyers. I imagine it is just to set up "the rules" the lawyers are to proceed by or something like that.

Marine
05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Bob Sinclar answers to the rumors... (video) http://www.purepeople.com/article/bob-sinclar-il-s-explique-sur-l-affaire-gasquet-regardez_a31705/1

Cin
05-20-2009, 09:40 PM
tkx

Keijan
05-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Merci beaucoup :)

I like the guy, he's pretty cool. Basically, he's saying that he spent 5 minutes with Richard when he arrived to the party because he's a big fan of tennis and he was a bit surprised to see him there (they had never met before). Richard just explained to him that he wouldn't play the tournament and wanted to relax for a bit, so Sinclar told him to have fun and to make himself at home. He's also saying that l'équipe isn't really serious since they confused his name with Sinclair, another singer, and that it was unfair that everyone has been picking on Richard without a reason, while Richard gave him the impression of being a very charming and nice young man.

*Pauline*
05-20-2009, 11:59 PM

Hi Guys:wavey:

It's a really difficult period to overcame :sad:. But together we'll be stronger!;)

I bought L'Equipe Mag last Saturday. When I saw the cover I wanted to skin them alive ("Miami Vice", pfffffffff), but I have to admit that the article is interesting. They focused on Richard's personality and after reading it, it's really hard to suppose him taking coke..:confused:

I'll try to scan it for you tomorrow!

emilie
05-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Ah! Super! merci beaucoup Pauline! Il me tarde de le lire!
I feel soooo depressed for Richard. I am worried that he might do a depression if he gets two years. I hope, he 'll find something else to help him forget about the tournament: going to the university for exemple. I cannot believe some people can be so cruel and ban him for 2 years! They know that it is like a death penalty for him. Some person really do not have any empathy and shouldn't have the responsability of deciding about other people's life.

Cin
05-21-2009, 01:56 AM

It's a really difficult period to overcame :sad:. But together we'll be stronger!;)

I bought L'Equipe Mag last Saturday. When I saw the cover I wanted to skin them alive ("Miami Vice", pfffffffff), but I have to admit that the article is interesting. They focused on Richard's personality and after reading it, it's really hard to suppose him taking coke..:confused:

merci bcp
wait for the scan~:D:)

Cloudygirl
05-21-2009, 07:31 AM

that would be fantastic. I really want to read it.

reggie1
05-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Me too, thanks Pauline.

Tess Gray
05-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Merci Pauline:bounce:

reggie1
05-21-2009, 04:02 PM
"Today at 06:54 he would say that during the evening it was not the daube but to make flour crepe party and herbs de provence to barbecue MDR"
That was what google translate made of one of the comments on the Bob Sinclair article! How that has anything to do with this, I don't know, sorry, it just really made me laugh! :lol:

Schu
05-21-2009, 05:06 PM
"Today at 06:54 he would say that during the evening it was not the daube but to make flour crepe party and herbs de provence to barbecue MDR"
That was what google translate made of one of the comments on the Bob Sinclair article! How that has anything to do with this, I don't know, sorry, it just really made me laugh! :lol:

Vicki, Don't you know drug lingo - "to make flour crepe party and herbs de provence to barbecue MDR" means to snort a line of coke at a wild party (;) in case you didn't catch the scaracism)... got to love google translate.

If RIchie told Sinclar that he wasn't going to play the tournament I don't suppose that could be used to prove that Richie belived he was not "in competition" Damn if this comes down to the technicality of Richie withdrawing at 5 pm the night before the party versus the morning after the party, somebody REALLY messed up on the administrative end !! This comment of course assumes that the drug entered his system the night of the party which I guess we don't know either.

emilie
05-21-2009, 11:41 PM
La rédaction - RMC.fr, le 21/05/2009
Des consignes ont été données au service de sécurité du tournoi pour ne laisser entrer le joueur, contrôlé positif à la cocaïne il y a quinze jours.
Quinze jours après les révélations sur son contrôle positif à la cocaïne en marge du tournoi de Miami, Richard Gasquet vivrait reclus dans la villa qu’il vient d’acquérir près de Béziers. Le Team Lagardère, son club, n’a plus de nouvelles. Eric Deblicker, son ancien entraîneur, est dans l’intimité du joueur mais refuse de livrer des informations. Alors que Roland-Garros débute dimanche, au bureau des accréditations, la consigne est stricte : Richard Gasquet n’est pas le bienvenu. Le Français n’a pas le droit à un badge et s’il voulait encourager un ami, il s’exposerait à une expulsion du service de sécurité.

This just make me so sad!! I think it is better not to think about him too much otherwise we are all going to be depressed:sad:

Cloudygirl
05-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Not being allowed to tournaments when you are on a ban is standard so I expected that.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah but I don't understand WHY its standard Tori. I mean its not like he's going to play. Surely he should be allowed to cheer on the other musketeers. What harm is he doing?

Cloudygirl
05-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah but I don't understand WHY its standard Tori. I mean its not like he's going to play. Surely he should be allowed to cheer on the other musketeers. What harm is he doing?

No idea. Its not like you can corrupt evidence by going to the tournaments but it has always been that way. I suppose to totally remove you from the tour.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Well I personally think it's absolutely ridiculous. Rio Ferdinand was allowed to attend Man United matches if he wanted to while he was on an 8 month suspension for drugs. I can't understand it for the life of me. I mean okay Rich probably wouldn't want to go anyway but he should be allowed have the option

Cloudygirl
05-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I agree it is a stupid rule. The whole thing is bloody stupid. YOu can't cheat when you don't play. He didn't play Miami and he did semis in doubs at indian wells so surely must have been drugs tested then.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-22-2009, 12:14 AM
You'd reckon so wouldn't you? This whole thing is completely disgraceful if you ask me and Richie's going through hell. I'm just hoping he'll come through this stronger than ever

PinkFeatherBoa
05-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Don't get me started on that rule... :fiery:

Cloudygirl
05-22-2009, 12:22 AM
You'd reckon so wouldn't you? This whole thing is completely disgraceful if you ask me and Richie's going through hell. I'm just hoping he'll come through this stronger than ever

I hope he has a team that stick by him. That he realises that tennis actually means a lot to him and that he comes out fighting and storms up the rankings. The more I think about it the less I believe he took cocaine in the first place anyway. Although I will be interested to hear what he has to say on that score anyway.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-22-2009, 12:24 AM
If he says anything. If he hasn't said anything yet what are the chances of him saying anything?

Cloudygirl
05-22-2009, 12:28 AM
He will have to say something at any hearing, or his representatives will anyway on his behalf. If he gets found innocent I don't think they publish a transcript but they will if he is guilty.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Well as I was saying to Jen last night ... if he's innocent I won't really care about the reason. I'll just care that he was innocent. My main theory is the drink spiking. From what Jen tells me there just wasn't enough coke in his system for him to have done it yourself. If you're going to take coke you would have taken a hell of a lot more

Cloudygirl
05-22-2009, 12:41 AM
depends when he took it though. I suppose it wasn't necessarily that night. it can take a few days to get out of your system. I think though it is highly unlikely that he would have taken anything if he thought he might be playing.

The dosage is a very small amount you would pass a drugs test for the us military with that much cocaine in your urine. Other sports don't adopt such strict criteria just look at cycling. Makes me mad. Even if he did take it he isn't going to be the first or last person in their 20s to take recreational drugs.

Schu
05-22-2009, 12:42 AM
If he says anything. If he hasn't said anything yet what are the chances of him saying anything?

I can think of something he could say but I'm too much of a lady to say it here :)

I'm relying on my poor french and google translation but it sounds like he's a murderer or something. It must be hell for him. I know that someone banned for a drug violation is usually banned from being anywhere near a tournament and I suppose that's the last place he would like to be right now anyway but it is still so cruel.

Did I understand correctly that sweet ole, teddy bear Eric is with him (or at least in communication with him) but Team Lagardere has no other news? I hope that just means they are keeping quite and not that the rest of Team Lagardere abanded him. I suspect, just seeing RIchard's relationship with him, Eric would be one of the people who could help him most right now.

Did it say RIchie just bought a villa near his hometown? Is that 3 places he lives in now?

And yes TOri, I hope he realizes how much tennis means to him, says #$%^ to everyone who has not supported him and shows the world just what real tennis looks like. It's been almost 2 weeks an I STILL get SOOOOOO PISSED everytime I think of this nightmare.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah Schu you've got it pretty much spot on ... Lagadere don't know anything and Deblicker is in contact with him. I reckon Team Lagadere are just keeping quiet for the moment. Poor Richie :(

Cloudygirl
05-22-2009, 12:46 AM
From what I've read team Lagardere are very much sticking by him. Which is good as I would imagine they would have good lawyers. Sounds like Eric is in contact with him but wouldn't comment on anything which again is good. He needs loyalty.

I wonder what his parents are being like. My parents would flip if I did cocaine. I hope they are being supportive.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah it is a good sign Eric is keeping quiet. Richie doesn't need people close to him spreading more rumours so the less said the better. I think also it could be possible Lagadere are keeping quiet on Richie and the lawyers' instructions

Schu
05-22-2009, 12:56 AM
From what I've read team Lagardere are very much sticking by him. Which is good as I would imagine they would have good lawyers. Sounds like Eric is in contact with him but wouldn't comment on anything which again is good. He needs loyalty.

I wonder what his parents are being like. My parents would flip if I did cocaine. I hope they are being supportive.

Yup I think quite from all is the right thing now.

His parents probably did flip but if they are like most parents they would flip out but then do whatever it took to support/help their child.

Someday I'm gonna really understand french - Thanks Tori and Eimear for helping me understand.

Cloudygirl
05-22-2009, 01:08 AM
My french is baaaad. I'm amazed I can read anything. I certainly can't write or speak it, beyond the useless basics that you have to learn in french class but noone ever uses in real life.

I'm not sure my mum would be supportive. My dad would be but my mum would be " you've brought this all on yourself" etc etc. Hope Richie's mum is less stressy than mine ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
05-22-2009, 01:09 AM
If you ever need help translating or just with French I'll be glad to help Schu. I've studied it for 14 years and lived in France for a few months so I'm not too bad at it so I'm always glad to speak, read or help people with French ;)

Lemon Custard
05-22-2009, 03:50 AM
My french is baaaad. I'm amazed I can read anything. I certainly can't write or speak it, beyond the useless basics that you have to learn in french class but noone ever uses in real life.

"pouvoir j'ai de la crevette".. Everything sounds so glamorous in French. I know I'm going to learn the leanguage one day, I have to or I won't have a chance at my dream school (or with Richie.. haha).

Davodus
05-22-2009, 04:20 AM
:rolleyes:

i'm not as excited about the french open draw coming out now because of all this, and wimbledon...well i can't even imagine a wimbledon without richard there :sobbing: I want them to just hurry up with the hearing...

nicky_1986
05-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Did anyone ever end up reading the Magazine article from L'Equipe?? If so, can you share what it was saying??? Thank you!

tennis lover
05-22-2009, 12:40 PM
i'm not as excited about the french open draw coming out now because of all this, and wimbledon...well i can't even imagine a wimbledon without richard there :sobbing: I want them to just hurry up with the hearing...
I was just looking through the draw and was thinking to myself "I'm sure there's one of my favourites whose name I haven't seen yet...". Then my brain woke up and I realised it was Richard. :sad:

Davodus
05-22-2009, 12:57 PM
I was just looking through the draw and was thinking to myself "I'm sure there's one of my favourites whose name I haven't seen yet...". Then my brain woke up and I realised it was Richard. :sad:

i was watching the names flash across on the live draw, and even though i knew he wouldn't come up, i was half waiting for him to

it was depressing :sad:

Venle
05-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi :hug:

I knew Richard wouldn't be there but I still I was so gutted when I'd gone through the draw.

The commentators can't say anything about this. :sobbing: I wanna enjoy the tournament.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Did anyone ever end up reading the Magazine article from L'Equipe?? If so, can you share what it was saying??? Thank you!

I think Pauline has the article and is going to scan it for us to read. (she posted that here a few pages back).

i was watching the names flash across on the live draw, and even though i knew he wouldn't come up, i was half waiting for him to

it was depressing :sad:

Yeah, I had that feeling too. At least last year he was actually in the draw until he pulled out. I guess I'll have to get used to it, but I don't want to get used to it. Sigh.

*Pauline*
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I think Pauline has the article and is going to scan it for us to read. (she posted that here a few pages back).

I did it!! I hope it works ;)

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=467384024/a=331575024_331575024/

Gasquetno.1
05-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Is there any way to make it larger? Because its quite small and hard to read, thanks :)

scmom
05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
glad to see that Rafa has offered some support to Richard
as for his parents , I can only speak as a parent myself
If this were to happen to one of my children , I would support them no matter what .
Does not mean that privately , I would not be disappointed or angry - so I find it hard to believe that Richard's parents , who are so involved in his life , would be much different
Having seen them at Indian Wells , hIs dad seems very stern - and the mom seems more openly affectionate with him - more like a - well like a mom
I got the distinct impression that mom is the over protective one in that scenario .

Ad Wim
05-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I read through 5 pages of this thread but can nowhere find anything on the real punishment Gasquet gets. Is he suspended right now? If so, for how long? Or is he just suspended until some kind of case that has to prove that he is innocent? Will he miss grasscourt season?

scmom
05-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Gasquet is suspended pending the hearing on his case , which is set for sometime in July
so yes, he will most likely miss the grass season

If he is found guilty - the punishment will start from the date of the suspension in May
I have no idea what will be done if he is found innocent - it is not like they can give him that time back
on that we can only wait

now , in a tape I saw of the interview with Rafa where he speaks in support of Richard , there is footage of Richard entering a tennis facility with his practice gear
is this footage from a previous year , or was it taken this week ?
I will try to post the link
http://tinyurl.com/r93rh5
hope this works -

marina36
05-22-2009, 07:03 PM
It's hard to see the draw of the French Open... ;( without Richard...
I miss him, and I hope he will go back in the next months...

C-B-R
05-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Is there any way to make it larger? Because its quite small and hard to read, thanks :)

If you play in slideshow then play in full screen mode its the biggest you can get it .

Cloudygirl
05-22-2009, 08:25 PM
If you play in slideshow then play in full screen mode its the biggest you can get it .

I still can't read it even with my glasses :(

Schu
05-22-2009, 09:19 PM
now , in a tape I saw of the interview with Rafa where he speaks in support of Richard , there is footage of Richard entering a tennis facility with his practice gear
hope this works -

I saw that too. It looked like older footage and like it was a tournament site which we know he is not allowed to enter :sad: Plus I image if it was this week there would be A LOT more than the one or two cameras around him. As much as I'd like to think he was practicing now getting ready to come back with a bang I suspect he's not been on a tennis court since the news broke.

I'll take others word for it that Rafa spoke in support of Richard - I can usually only understand about every 5th word in a French interview and forget it if it's French on top of Spainish. Glad Nadal did, I hope the top players become more vocal and use this to challenge the doping rules which seem to be an issue for many players.

It's going to hard for me to enjoy RG the way I usually do but I can't imagine how I'll feel when Wimbledon comes around!

Eimear O'Mahony
05-22-2009, 09:28 PM
It is going to be weird watching RG and not seeing Richie play but I agree with you Schu, Wimbledon will be harder because it truly is the one Grand Slam I feel Richard could win :( I know Nadal and Murray have come out against the doping rules recently but that's it

Cloudygirl
05-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Gasquet is suspended pending the hearing on his case , which is set for sometime in July
so yes, he will most likely miss the grass season

If he is found guilty - the punishment will start from the date of the suspension in May
I have no idea what will be done if he is found innocent - it is not like they can give him that time back
on that we can only wait

hope this works -

Looked like Barca to me.

He had better be keeping fit. We need him back on tour asap!!

C-B-R
05-22-2009, 09:47 PM
I still can't read it even with my glasses :(

ill see if i can resize it .

scmom
05-23-2009, 01:31 AM
thanks guys for the input on that clip
that is what I thought - that the footage was older
I cannot imagine that Richard is out practicing anywhere near Paris
that the news media would be all over him - not just one reporter

nicky_1986
05-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Wow- The article in the L'Equipe magazine is so long! I wish it was in English so I could understand it!

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 07:50 AM
I hope he has tennis courts at his own house and is practicing or at least getting fit. Actually resting the shoulder and elbow from tennis might be good for him actually.

Davodus
05-23-2009, 07:57 AM
i just hope he isn't eating his feelings :lol: we don't want him to put on weight on top of this :o

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 08:08 AM
i just hope he isn't eating his feelings :lol: we don't want him to put on weight on top of this :o

I was thinking that too but I am such a jinx at the moment that I thought no way am I saying that cos otherwise he will have put at least a stone already ;)

http://www.lesdessousdusport.fr/des-licenciements-au-team-lagardere-5216

I hope the big changes going on at team lagardere aren't going to unsettle him further.

*Pauline*
05-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Sorry for the size..

I'll try to resize it and post it again! ;)

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Sorry for the size..

I'll try to resize it and post it again! ;)

not your fault just my crap eyesight.

Tess Gray
05-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Pauline, thanks for uploading, but is there a chance you can also post them here as attachments? I dont have a snapfish account but I would still love to read it:)

Truc
05-23-2009, 11:24 AM
But you can save the files on your computer from snapfish too and then enlarge them. I had no problem reading them. Thanks a lot for the scan, Pauline!
There is a whole page about Richard in L'Equipe today (the communication around the story, an article about Forget too...) But I can't make screenshots, sorry, I hope somebody else bought it.

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 11:28 AM
what does it say roughly? Anything interesting?

Truc
05-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh gosh, I had just written a long post about the articles and Firefox crashed. :silly:

First the files of L'Equipe Mag again, but it's just for Tess, same quality as on snapfish:
http://img2.pict.com/c7/4d/72/68e4af0962f043d9d5ff402a5a/0FlBW/300/page91.jpg (http://img2.pict.com/c7/4d/72/68e4af0962f043d9d5ff402a5a/0FlBW/page91.jpg)http://img2.pict.com/e6/0a/ca/c04bb17be39f9091720813aca4/RVKQz/300/page92.jpg (http://img2.pict.com/e6/0a/ca/c04bb17be39f9091720813aca4/RVKQz/page92.jpg)
http://img2.pict.com/91/48/39/5e9e516ca7dd105985bd52071f/HM4Uf/300/page94.jpg (http://img2.pict.com/91/48/39/5e9e516ca7dd105985bd52071f/HM4Uf/page94.jpg)http://img2.pict.com/6a/7d/d3/336cc2518eb454949bec58da53/E1gCw/300/page95.jpg (http://img2.pict.com/6a/7d/d3/336cc2518eb454949bec58da53/E1gCw/page95.jpg)

The article today in L'Equipe doesn't say much, it's more about his silence, the reasons, the consequences (Richard's statements won't sound very spontaneous when he will finally talk), etc. He is devastated, so are his parents, that's all it's possible to know because the team in charge of his case at Lagardère has forbidden everybody to say anything about it.
His father is apparently very angry at Richard's team (his team on the tour, not the lawyers). They made 2 massive mistakes indeed: not have withdrawn immediately and then, even if it's not a crime at all, go clubbing like that and take such a risk. It says this time that Peyre was with Richard and Champion during that night.
And at the end the article says French tennis in general is keeping quiet and doesn't give the impression to stick much together. A general "no comment", like Moreau (manager of the Team Lagardère) keeps saying when he's asked about the story.

As for Forget, he is talking only now because he was on vacation in Indonesia, he says Richard sent him SMS there to tell him something incredible had happened. Forget stresses it has nothing to do with doping and he also says that he can only talk for himself, of course, but he does believe Richard when he swears he doesn't take drugs and never has. He's already seen him party, for example after DC ties, and he can't imagine Richard doing that.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks for that Fran. Much appreciated. It is good to see Forget sticking up for Richard. I must admit I have been a little shocked by the apparent lack of support from Gilles and Gael. Even Jo, when he commented wasn't as supportive as he could have been. But from reading what you've written maybe the FFT have asked the boys not to comment on it? That would make sense actually. I didn't know Peyre was with Richard on the night in question. I don't blame Richard's Dad for being mad at him. I don't really like Peyre anyway tbh and hopefully this will make richard get a coach and a new team which will actually keep his best interests at heart

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks for that.

I agree with his dad that not withdrawing straight away was spectacularly stupid. I wonder if Richie was aware that he hadn't been withdrawn. Who gives the notification I wonder. If Peyre was there it cant have been that wild a party for Richie surely.

Thanks for that Fran. Much appreciated. It is good to see Forget sticking up for Richard. I must admit I have been a little shocked by the apparent lack of support from Gilles and Gael. Even Jo, when he commented wasn't as supportive as he could have been. But from reading what you've written maybe the FFT have asked the boys not to comment on it? That would make sense actually. I didn't know Peyre was with Richard on the night in question. I don't blame Richard's Dad for being mad at him. I don't really like Peyre anyway tbh and hopefully this will make richard get a coach and a new team which will actually keep his best interests at heart

I read something somewhere that said Gael has been very supportive. Haven't seen any quotes from him anywhere so I guess they are all no commenting.

Glad to hear Rafa speak out in support the other day as well as Marat. Tennis is a very competitive and solitary sport really so I bet he is feeling quite lonely right now.

Tess Gray
05-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Fran, you're fantastic :worship: Thanks! (And thanks again Pauline, for scanning them in the first place:D)

I agree with his dad (for once:lol:) that he is mad at his team for not withdrawing him earlier. There basically wouldnt be a problem if that was the case!:(

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah I'm sure all the boys are being as supportive to Richard as they can privately. I can't imagine Jo and Gael just abandoning him like that. They seem really close to Richard. There's obviously just walls around the FFT atm which is probably why the boys haven't come out publicly in support of Richard. Then again Mika and Fabrice have spoken so who knows :shrug: Maybe the musketeers themselves just took the decision not to go public with anything but I'm sure they're doing their best in private for him

*Pauline*
05-23-2009, 12:25 PM
You are welcome!:)

I saw that the complete article of L'Equipe had been posted on RG.net if you want to read it! (It's quite lond and in french of course)

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah I'm sure all the boys are being as supportive to Richard as they can privately. I can't imagine Jo and Gael just abandoning him like that. They seem really close to Richard. There's obviously just walls around the FFT atm which is probably why the boys haven't come out publicly in support of Richard. Then again Mika and Fabrice have spoken so who knows :shrug: Maybe the musketeers themselves just took the decision not to go public with anything but I'm sure they're doing their best in private for him

I hope they are being supportive anyway or they would be going down spectacularly in my estimation. Is it in the forum in RG.net, Pauline? I'm not a member over there.

If so I will take a look.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Well, to be honest, my estimation of Jo went down big-time when I heard what he said about the whole thing. I can't remember what it was exactly. Jen was telling me and I remember being shocked that he wasn't more supportive especially seeing as he's supposed to be Richard's good friend. Since then, I haven't felt quite the same way about Jo tbh

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 12:47 PM
What did he say? I thought he had just no commented. Does he want me to boo him at wimby :(

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Jo basically just said that he hoped Richie had a happy ending and that he'd rather not talk about it. I just thought it was very dissmissive and not supportive at all tbh

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Hopefully just badly worded.

I guess saying something like he supported his friend and hoped he had a happy ending, but wouldn't be commenting out of respect for him would have been better. Must be crap though getting stuff off the cuff at interviews. I'm surprised Rafa commented to be honest he is normally very careful about what he says.

Eliande
05-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Fran, you're fantastic :worship: Thanks! (And thanks again Pauline, for scanning them in the first place:D)

I agree with his dad (for once:lol:) that he is mad at his team for not withdrawing him earlier. There basically wouldnt be a problem if that was the case!:(

I would have sacked his "team" way before... So many bad decisions and look what's happened: what a bunch of idiots!:mad:

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Rafa and Richie do seem to have a lovely friendship even from seeing the pictures I've seen of them. They've known each other a long time and seem to be very close and the fact Rafa commented proves how much he did care about Richard 'cause I don't think he would have commented had it been someone he didn't particularly like. Yeah maybe Jo was just caught off balance and chose his words badly and, like I say, I'm sure they're all being very supportive to him in private. It just would have been nice to hear something publicly. I was very interested to hear Gilles' take on it but he's said absolutely zilch

Eliande
05-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Jo basically just said that he hoped Richie had a happy ending and that he'd rather not talk about it. I just thought it was very dissmissive and not supportive at all tbh

Yeah... I thought the very same thing!

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm amazed they have managed to be friends. Rafa's English is not good and Richie's isn't much better (not that I can talk because both are a million times better than my attempts at French and Spanish ;) ). Maybe uncle Toni translates he speaks good french.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 01:02 PM
As Tori said though, Eliande, it could have just caught him by surprise. Then again ... one of your best friends tests positive for cocaine so you KNOW you're going to be asked about it. If Jo was my client I would have suggested that he had an answer ready for whenever he was asked about it and a MUCH more supportive answer than that. So maybe that isn't really an excuse or maybe that's just my marketing/pr brain talking. Jo really did go down in my estimation during that though I have to say

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Apparently Richie speaks good Spanish ... or so I was told. I have no idea but someone was saying Richard lives near the Spanish border and has a good grasp of Spanish. He's always talking to the Spaniards so I'd reckon that's accurate enough but I don't know for sure. They obviously manage to communicate somehow. They're really cute friends :D

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 01:04 PM
I would have sacked his "team" way before... So many bad decisions and look what's happened: what a bunch of idiots!:mad:

I don't totally blame his team cos Richie must be a complete 'mare to work with. So much talent but with his head in the clouds.

I agree Eim, with my legal hat on I can see it is best that people no comment as to not add fuel to the fire but then again there is a way of doing it that comes across right and a way that comes across as not really giving a shit.

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Apparently Richie speaks good Spanish ... or so I was told. I have no idea but someone was saying Richard lives near the Spanish border and has a good grasp of Spanish. He's always talking to the Spaniards so I'd reckon that's accurate enough but I don't know for sure. They obviously manage to communicate somehow. They're really cute friends :D

That might explain it because I was thinking what the hell would they be talking about in English.

I hate not being good with languages, I was out with a Spanish girl last weekend and she was apologising for her English but it was more comprehensible than mine. ;)

I saw an interview with one of the other two, think it might have been Gael actually and at the start there was a bit which stated that he had said before he interview he wouldn't answer any questions about Richie and I actually think that is a better way of handling it.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 01:11 PM
I love languages. I could have a decent enough conversation in French and probably Spanish too if I brushed up on it a little more. Yeah that is a good way of handling it. Saying nothing instead of coming across as stupid and unsympathetic which is what Jo did. I can understand them not commenting. They're very close to Richie and know what he's going through so why do they need to go running to the media

Keijan
05-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Tori, this is exactly what Jo said. That he was very sad about the whole story, was supporting Richard all the way and was hoping for a happy ending, but wouldn't comment further because it's not his place to. I don't exactly see how more publicly supportive he could have been, he already said a lot more than 90% of the other French players. He wasn't exactly going to tell the press what Richard has told him or copying and pasting his sms, was he ?

The other players might not have been commenting but it was said a lot of times that Monfils was being extremely supportive of Gasquet in private. I don't see how it would help Richard if everyone would begin to comment and publicly give his view on what happened, except to satisfy the greediness of the fans. If they support him in private, then that's more than enough for me.

They don't owe us anything. To me, the attitude of Tsonga, who said very little, and the other players like Monfils and Simon is the best. It's only natural that we as fans want to hear as much as possible about the whole story, but respect both for Richard and his friends is, in my view, more important than that desire. So please stop to assume random things.

Davodus
05-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Tori, this is exactly what Jo said. That he was very sad about the whole story, was supporting Richard all the way and was hoping for a happy ending, but wouldn't comment further because it's not his place to. I don't exactly see how more publicly supportive he could have been, he already said a lot more than 90% of the other French players. He wasn't exactly going to tell the press what Richard has told him or copying and pasting his sms, was he ?

The other players might not have been commenting but it was said a lot of times that Monfils was being extremely supportive of Gasquet in private. I don't see how it would help Richard if everyone would begin to comment and publicly give his view on what happened, except to satisfy the greediness of the fans. If they support him in private, then that's more than enough for me.

They don't owe us anything. To me, the attitude of Tsonga, who said very little, and the other players like Monfils and Simon is the best. It's only natural that we as fans want to hear as much as possible about the whole story, but respect both for Richard and his friends is, in my view, more important than that desire. So please stop to assume random things.

my thoughts exactly :yeah: the best support is private, and for all we know richard asked them to say as little as possible or nothing. Speculation just turns you mental

nicky_1986
05-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Truc- hope that you can help translate/give a summary of the L'Equipe mag article in English when you have the time...I would be so greatful!!

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 01:16 PM
I used to be quite decent with French when I was younger about 10 /11 I remember I bought a book when on holiday in France and managed to read it (well get the gist anyway). I can read semi ok now but speaking I am too shy. I just think I sound awful and am worried about making mistakes. I am better when I am tipsy actually gets rid of those inhibitions lol.

Nope I agree. I think that is fair enough as I said I hadn't seen the interview. People getting publicity for themselves on that back of Richie's disaster is not what he needs at all so I'm glad everyone is staying quiet. Granted it is frustrating from a fan perspective but I would much rather that happens if it means that he is able to mount a coherent defence. Everyone should have friends that they can rely on in a crisis.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Hah hah! I drive my friends MAD when I'm drunk because I start speaking French :lol: I used to hate talking in French but I got over it by living over there and now if someone talks French to me I'm not embarrassed to talk back to them. I was always talking in French with a girl who used to work with us. I miss her actaully because she was a good friend and we had great conversations in French. If I notice a customer in work is French I'll try and speak a little French with them. I've gotten praised to my bosses before because of that actually :) Yup Richie has plenty of volunteers with you and Jen heading the queue no doubt :)

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh don't get me wrong Tori, I don't want all and sundry to come out and speak about it because that's not what Richie needs. He needs support privately and that's what Gael and Jo are giving him hopefully. I just thought Jo had handled it wrong and should have said nothing but I didn't realise the full part of what he said so what he said was actually not too bad if that is what he said because you know yourself translation etc comes into play

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh don't get me wrong Tori, I don't want all and sundry to come out and speak about it because that's not what Richie needs. He needs support privately and that's what Gael and Jo are giving him hopefully. I just thought Jo had handled it wrong and should have said nothing but I didn't realise the full part of what he said so what he said was actually not too bad if that is what he said because you know yourself translation etc comes into play

I didn't think that you did for a second.

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 01:35 PM
That's alright. I just thought I might have been picked up wrong there for a second because sometimes I don't always put myself across as well as I can at the best of times and being ill makes me worse :lol: Just to clarify for everyone I do think that the less said the better for Richie

Davodus
05-23-2009, 02:20 PM
:worship:

Keijan
05-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Apparently Richie speaks good Spanish ... or so I was told. I have no idea but someone was saying Richard lives near the Spanish border and has a good grasp of Spanish. He's always talking to the Spaniards so I'd reckon that's accurate enough but I don't know for sure. They obviously manage to communicate somehow.

About Richard speaking Spanish, I would love to know where you read that because it couldn't be further from reality. First, his hometown Béziers is located about 200km from the Spanish border, as can be seen in any map of France which you can find anywhere on the net. Not to mention Richard left it to live in Paris at 10 years old. Plus, he always spoke, when asked to comment on his relationship with Rafa, about how difficult it was to speak with him since both of them used to speak such a bad English, even if that improved a little ever since, and therefore they couldn't be real friends, even if they respect each other a lot.

I would appreciate it a lot if we could stick to real facts and forget about fantasizing.

Davodus
05-23-2009, 03:15 PM
About Richard speaking Spanish, I would love to know where you read that because it couldn't be further from reality. First, his hometown Béziers is located about 200km from the Spanish border, as can be seen in any map of France which you can find anywhere on the net. Not to mention Richard left it to live in Paris at 10 years old. Plus, he always spoke, when asked to comment on his relationship with Rafa, about how difficult it was to speak with him since both of them used to speak such a bad English, even if that improved a little ever since, and therefore they couldn't be real friends, even if they respect each other a lot.

I would appreciate it a lot if we could stick to real facts and forget about fantasizing.

:worship:

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 03:27 PM
:rolleyes:

Davodus
05-23-2009, 04:25 PM
:p

Eliande
05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Does Rafa know French?

Eimear O'Mahony
05-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Well I think someone said above his uncle Toni knows French but I really don't know if Rafa knows French. I don't think so but I could be wrong

Cloudygirl
05-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I have def read in the Rafa forum here and on vb that Uncle Toni speaks French fluently. I am pretty sure Rafa doesn't I know he said in one of his blogs or a Q&A that i read that he didn't learn languages at school.