Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!! [Archive] - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Naina
05-11-2009, 04:54 PM
If they give him two years for this I will kill someone :fiery:
please for once use ur brain rich and dont try to lie to the tribunal. You are in enough shit already :(
Thank u everyone for the updates and stuff. If I dont stop worrying about him I will flunk. So I got to go now :wavey:

Schu
05-11-2009, 05:09 PM
sorry to keep obssessing about this. I know i am going to have to let it go...

I KNOW!!! CRAP If I feel like this how in the world does he and those close to him feel!

I really have to stop reading posts and papers, etc, because NO ONE KNOWS! they don't know the fatcs nor what the ban will be and we all know how the media likes to sensationalize. IT is SOOO hard for me to watch tennis right now I really have to get a grip ...

Cin
05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I can not imagine it.
so many news about Richard's Cocaine stuff. in so many languages. I can find it in every website that I click.

Davodus
05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
i haven't read 1 article yet, and i'm telling you it's waay easier that way :lol: i dont have to kill myself reading the same thing over and over and over again
it's too frustrating, and infuriating otherwise

Schu
05-11-2009, 05:23 PM
this story is all over the front pages even in the us.
here is one that asks if gasquet was partying too much in Miami complete with pic (although it is an old pic) kind of an insulting article

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/05/was_this_french_tennis_player.php

richard is putting tennis in the news!!!!!! i know it's nutty.

in one i found they were saying that gasquet might still get two years???

sorry to keep obssessing about this. I know i am going to have to let it go...

Great article but typical - Why am I not surprised that they neglated to show Tsonga who was partying just as hard...

Puschkin
05-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Why am I not surprised that they neglated to show Tsonga who was partying just as hard...

I had ABSOLUTELY the same thought.

Cloudygirl
05-11-2009, 05:53 PM
any ban will normally be backdated which is good news. 60 days for a tribunal is pretty standard I think, if he gets found innocent he could then sue them for loss of earnings etc. I think his dad is best keeping his mouth shut because it is just making him look unbelievable at the moment. I could believe someone spiking Nadal's drink but not Richies. I don't think the stuff said in GM about Hingis and how much cocaine she had in her urine is correct btw.

I'm sure he won't get any ranking protection and so will lose a shit load of points at Wimby and Queens fortunately he won't lose anything at RG as he didn't play.

Puschkin
05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm sure he won't get any ranking protection and so will lose a shit load of points at Wimby and Queens fortunately he won't lose anything at RG as he didn't play.
Frankly, I think his ranking is one of the smaller of his concerns right now.

krn81
05-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks Karine, it's good that Lagardère is supporting him imo. They're saying Richie gave them proofs of his honesty. I was wondering, is there any possibility that he could have taken some meds with a product close to cocaine inside, maybe mistaking them for his painkillers, or trying a new medicine for his shoulder ? Maybe that's what he calls "evidence" :shrug:

It could be also possible, we are only speculating possibilities. But I am not sure of this because it looks according to certain journalists (in le figaro and myrtille qq chose from rtl l equipe) that the amount of cocaine is pretty important.

If you listened french players, it looks for them that something was put in his drink, the last are Mauresmo and Razzano who are really careful with their drinks.
But there is still the possibility of unvalidity of the case (vice de forme, de procédure) as some details were revealed in the press and maybe other things.
To prove his innocence, or it was put in his drink or maybe by medicine as you mentioned. I am not a doctor so no idea if it is possible.

Cin
05-11-2009, 06:15 PM
any ban will normally be backdated which is good news. 60 days for a tribunal is pretty standard I think, if he gets found innocent he could then sue them for loss of earnings etc. I think his dad is best keeping his mouth shut because it is just making him look unbelievable at the moment. I could believe someone spiking Nadal's drink but not Richies. I don't think the stuff said in GM about Hingis and how much cocaine she had in her urine is correct btw.

agree with you.
Francis loves his son, but he is unable to accomplish anything, just liable to spoil everything

Cloudygirl
05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Frankly, I think his ranking is one of the smaller of his concerns right now.

I agree, someone in the thread earlier on asked about his ranking, I was just replying to it.

If he heard about it 10 days ago it was during Rome then. I wonder if it had been leaked, how long the ATP would have let him carry on playing for. The story breaking has forced the hand of the ITF a bit.

I really want to hear his side of the story and I hope it is sensible.

Cin
05-11-2009, 06:23 PM
acutally, the ranking and points are less important in this situation.
nothing could be worse than 2 years of suspension.

Cin
05-11-2009, 06:26 PM
we do want to listen from his side. but now maybe is not the best time, especailly he is preparing the defend.

Cloudygirl
05-11-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/comment-gasquet-prepare-sa-defense-11-05-2009-508434.php

so this article is saying his defence is he wasn't in competition so can't be sanctioned at all? I thought we had established though that he was?

So are they just trying to bring down the length of a ban?

My head hurts.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Damn this is all such a mess and MTF servers do not help by crashing on my long post TWICE, it happens again and I will be due another MTF meltdown in the bugs forum. :mad:

Anyway, what I was trying to say was thank you all so much for keeping this thread updated and informed throughout today. It was a lot less stressful to be able to just come here when I finally had Internet access and it meant I could avoid all the million of news articles on websites and things, all from different media skewed viewpoints. Although I did find out about the suspension from a Fox News flash of all places (it wasn't my intention to watch, I was at lunch in a Pub). So the news really was unavoidable.

As some of you have said, I feel like I really need to get over this. It's just such a frustrating and confusing situation at this point. I'm really trying hard to just wait for Richard's words at this point because everything else just feels like speculation. Of course I know, he has to prepare his defense and that is right- but in the meantime, there is too much talking going on imo, without at least waiting for his version of events. Just feel so bad for him right now. At least the players have taken the right "say nothing" stance, surely he deserves that until he has spoken. Also, I wish Francis would have just kept quiet, talking 'off the cuff' like that or really speaking at all, could really jeapordise/compromise his case.

One thing is for sure, tennis without Richard is not the same for me, so I hope he's got some great lawyers behind him.

Wait Tori, just saw your post. Oh man, that makes my head hurt too. What is the real truth I wonder?

Cloudygirl
05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
It is really hard especially because although my reading comprehension of french is alot better than me speaking or writing it, it's not that great but I don't want to resort to a translation aid because they are often just comical. So I don't know if I have read that article right.

I just don't know what is insider knowledge and what is speculation and just media bollocks. So frustrating.

Cin
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/comment-gasquet-prepare-sa-defense-11-05-2009-508434.php

so this article is saying his defence is he wasn't in competition so can't be sanctioned at all? I thought we had established though that he was?

My head hurts.
from Lequipe, although he withdrew, he was still in competition.
I'm still not sure about this in and out of competition rules.

Cloudygirl
05-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm not either maybe there might be ambiguity between when he said he was withdrawing and when the paperwork was done or something or maybe that article is a load of crap.

I suppose he could defend it using more than one argument.

Schu
05-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I've got a question about the sense of in and out of competition rules for a non-performance enhancing drugs. Why is the penalty different? Isn't the wholepoint of a ban for a "recreational" type, non-performance enhancing drug like cocaine to clean up the image of the sport and to show that the sport does not condone illegal drug use? Is it MORE "illegal" when the athlete is in competition? If they are snorting it in the middle of a match for all to see I might understand the difference otherwise,it just seems like a double standard there.

I don't think any athlete should get a ban from the sport for use of non performance enhancing drugs, they are not cheating, it's their life and career, they need HELP not more problems... EDIT-HOw about mandatory counseling instead of a ban?

ANd with that I am going to attempt to put this aside, NOT read any more speculation and wait till "official" word comes from him or the ITF/ATP.

I'M GONNA MISS HIM AT WIMBLY!!!!!

Eliande
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I've got a question about the sense of in and out of competition rules for a non-performance enhancing drugs. Why is the penalty different? Isn't the wholepoint of a ban for a "recreational" type, non-performance enhancing drug like cocaine to clean up the image of the sport and to show that the sport does not condone illegal drug use? Is it MORE "illegal" when the athlete is in competition? If they are snorting it in the middle of a match for all to see I might understand the difference otherwise,it just seems like a double standard there.

I don't think any athlete should get a ban from the sport for use of non performance enhancing drugs, they are not cheating, it's their life and career, they need HELP not more problems...

That's a good point!

Eliande
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM

My head hurts.

So, he has taking it intentionally, but he's arguing just about the time he did it.
I'm really confused...

tennisfan444
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I was thinking about Canas when he got banned and I remember that he once was denied entrance to an event as a spectator! They wouldn't even let him in to watch his then girlfriend play. It was in New York or something like that? Is that true with all bans? If its true I'll go on record as calling that kind of thing all sorts of four letter words.

Cin
05-11-2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/78059/santoro-un-choc-terrible/

ITW of Fabrice

sorry that I cant not translate it in English.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks Cin for posting.

OMG, that article from Santoro just made me so sad. :sad: Confined to the house in fear?! :hug: Richard. This is just horrible. So he's saying he doesn't know how it got into his system, according to Fabrice? -Poor Richard if he is being honest, then this is really bad...more so...ugh. The plot thickens.

I was thinking about Canas when he got banned and I remember that he once was denied entrance to an event as a spectator! They wouldn't even let him in to watch his then girlfriend play. It was in New York or something like that? Is that true with all bans? If its true I'll go on record as calling that kind of thing all sorts of four letter words.

Yeah it was at the USOpen that happened and yes, I think you are right, while he's on suspension/banned, he is not allowed in tennis venues....

I haven't got concrete proof on that but i do remember it to be the case. Not that he really needs to be in tennis venues or anywhere near them now, so it doesn't really matter, just a stupid rule I quite agree.

berserkley
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm a new poster here; I enjoy watching Ritchie play but really don't have that much familiarity with his off court behavior. If this is a "no tolerance" rule of the atp, then things can get pretty absurd. I've seen schools with a "no tolerance" policy regarding guns suspend a kindergartener for bringing a GI Joe with a gun to school. No more speculation on my part. It's a very sad situation.

reggie1
05-11-2009, 08:28 PM
So Fabrice says that Richard does not understand how this has happened? Also that Richard is confined to his home because he is afraid of the pointing fingers if he goes out. He also says that Richard is not that different from others (I had to use google translate for this bit) but I think the gist was, that he is not that much of a party animal? We need the native Frenchies please or Puschkin :lol:

amandita
05-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Damn this is all such a mess and MTF servers do not help by crashing on my long post TWICE, it happens again and I will be due another MTF meltdown in the bugs forum. :mad:

Anyway, what I was trying to say was thank you all so much for keeping this thread updated and informed throughout today. It was a lot less stressful to be able to just come here when I finally had Internet access and it meant I could avoid all the million of news articles on websites and things, all from different media skewed viewpoints. Although I did find out about the suspension from a Fox News flash of all places (it wasn't my intention to watch, I was at lunch in a Pub). So the news really was unavoidable.

As some of you have said, I feel like I really need to get over this. It's just such a frustrating and confusing situation at this point. I'm really trying hard to just wait for Richard's words at this point because everything else just feels like speculation. Of course I know, he has to prepare his defense and that is right- but in the meantime, there is too much talking going on imo, without at least waiting for his version of events. Just feel so bad for him right now. At least the players have taken the right "say nothing" stance, surely he deserves that until he has spoken. Also, I wish Francis would have just kept quiet, talking 'off the cuff' like that or really speaking at all, could really jeapordise/compromise his case.

One thing is for sure, tennis without Richard is not the same for me, so I hope he's got some great lawyers behind him.

Wait Tori, just saw your post. Oh man, that makes my head hurt too. What is the real truth I wonder?

"One thing is for sure, tennis without Richard is not the same for me" and for me too.I like others players like Monfils,Nalbandian, Gulbis, but no one of 3 makes me get too exciting as i do when i'm seeing gasquet playing. For example, today i saw without enthusiasm a little bit of tsonga vs safin, i tried to keep concentrated but it was impossible and i gave up to see.:sad:

Eliande
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
So Fabrice says that Richard does not understand how this has happened? Also that Richard is confined to his home because he is afraid of the pointing fingers if he goes out. He also says that Richard is not that different from others (I had to use google translate for this bit) but I think the gist was, that he is not that much of a party animal? We need the native Frenchies please or Puschkin :lol:

I'm even more confused after reading the Santoro interview, but I feel so sad for Richard and what he's going through. I just hope he'll get all the support he needs from his family and close friends.

Eliande
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
"One thing is for sure, tennis without Richard is not the same for me" and for me too.I like others players like Monfils,Nalbandian, Gulbis, but no one of 3 makes me get too exciting as i do when i'm seeing gasquet playing. For example, today i saw without enthusiasm a little bit of tsonga vs safin, i tried to keep concentrated but it was impossible and i gave up to see.:sad:

It was the same for me...

~*BGT*~
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
You gotta be freaking kidding me... now this story is on Perez Hilton!!! :o

Dini
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
:tape::tape::tape:

Eliande
05-11-2009, 08:54 PM

What's Perez Hilton? (I apologize for my ignorance.)

Gretchen.
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM

WTF??!?! are you kidding...omg I just saw it too....:o this is ridiculous, I bet he had never even heard of Richie before....wow

PinkFeatherBoa
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, the only match that I caught today was a bit of Tsonga/Safin too and whilst I 'enjoyed' it, it wasn't the same...

Now that definitely wins the award for most bizzare source. :o indeed. I dread to think of the literacy and competency level in that article, so I don't think I will look it up though. ;)

OK so curiousity got the best of me and I looked it up, wow that website is pink and just no comment. :tape: Oh man, the picture caption, damn, I knew there was a reason I avoid that type of website... I think I want my brain cells back and I haven't even read the article yet- just getting there was a traumatic enough experience.

Cin
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
You gotta be freaking kidding me... now this story is on Perez Hilton!!! :owhat do you mean?

Gretchen.
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
what do you mean?

Perez Hilton is a celebrity blogger who usually posts stuff on Britney Spears and all those people and for him to post an article about Richie is ridiculous

here it is http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-11-tennis-start-busted-for-cocaine

~*BGT*~
05-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Perez Hilton is a celebrity blogger who usually posts stuff on Britney Spears and all those people and for him to post an article about Richie is ridiculous

Well, the last time Richie was on PH was for when he beat Andy at W and about his gay scandal. :lol: So something good and something bad. :lol:

PinkFeatherBoa
05-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Some of the comments :tape:

baba booey says –
coke or no coke - he's kinda hot.

umidontthinksobitch says –
tennis ball, doing an 8ball, same shit right?

xcalibur says
WHO'S HE?? WHO CARESS!!!!!!!!! TENNIS SUCKS SINCE BJORN BORG ET AL RETIRED.

This is truly a new depth on the reporting.

Cin
05-11-2009, 09:04 PM

tkx for explaining.

I'm not surprised.

My friend who lives in Beijing found this news on a newspaper which is kind of VillePlus or Metro.

Gretchen.
05-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Well, the last time Richie was on PH was for when he beat Andy at W and about his gay scandal. :lol: So something good and something bad. :lol:

Omg are you serious :o This is just weird :lol: Poor Richie people are always picking on him...

Schu
05-11-2009, 09:05 PM
" but no one of 3 makes me get too exciting as i do when i'm seeing gasquet playing. For example, today i saw without enthusiasm a little bit of tsonga vs safin, i tried to keep concentrated but it was impossible and i gave up to see.:sad:

Moi aussi. That is exactly what I did and I REALLY like Safin.

The Santoro interview REALLY rips me APART!!! I just wish there was some way for him to know how many people support him and would never point a finger at him unless it was to say there is one of the most beautiful tennis players ever.

I don't even want to think about what would happen to him if he doesn't clear his name (and I have serious doubts that he can). What a NIGHTMARE!

Either RIchie is a complete idiot to continue to proclaim his innocence OR he really does not know how it happened (which seems a bit stupid as well). I hope the latter. HANG TOUGH RICHIE!!!!

reggie1
05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
OMG, that site is hideous, Richie was on there before apparently for obvious reasons :rolleyes:

Tess Gray
05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Santoro sounds just as desperate as we all sound:sad: I'm gutted after reading that interview.

Perez Hilton - :o are you freakin kidding me :rolleyes:

hollabee
05-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I haven't ever posted in this thread before, (in fact in any threads on here at all...) but I just wanted to say how sorry and sad I am that all of this has happened. :( Richard really is one of my favourite players, and I echo Tsonga's comments about getting a happy ending. :)

Cin
05-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Selon une source proche du dossier, la Fédération internationale de tennis (ITF) considère en effet que Gasquet était engagé dans la compétition lors de son contrôle anti-dopage à Miami qui s'est révélé positif à la cocaïne.—RMC.fr

so we can forget the possibility of "out of competition"

reggie1
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
I've just watched France 24 and Gilles Ysern was speaking and said he spoke to Richard on the phone and that Richie "is defeated and angry and he could sense he is totally devastated and wants to fight to prove his innocence or what he says is his innocence". He was deemed in competition at the time so the penalty will be higher.

Cin
05-11-2009, 09:27 PM
OMG!

I hope you guys could read the interview of Safin. there are 2 questions about Richard and cocaine.pls try to find it somewhere
I love this guy..haha

Gretchen.
05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Marat Safin's views :lol: I think he is totally right

“Everyone makes mistakes,” the Russian said at the Madrid Open. “I feel sorry for Gasquet. When you’re at a party, at a huge table full of people having fun, it’s absurd to have to watch what glass you’re drinking from.

“Testing for doping is also becoming very intrusive. It gets to the point where you almost feel you should be calling the ATP to tell them where you are after you leave a party.”

Gretchen.
05-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Somewhat good and painful in way to read article but at the bottom it says that Richie had already been banned since finding out in Rome and that is why he pulled out of Estoril and Madrid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/columns/story?columnist=ford_bonnie_d&id=4158153

Cloudygirl
05-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Marat Safin's views :lol: I think he is totally right

“Everyone makes mistakes,” the Russian said at the Madrid Open. “I feel sorry for Gasquet. When you’re at a party, at a huge table full of people having fun, it’s absurd to have to watch what glass you’re drinking from.

“Testing for doping is also becoming very intrusive. It gets to the point where you almost feel you should be calling the ATP to tell them where you are after you leave a party.”

that just doesn't wash for me though I've never heard of anyone drinking cocaine and surely you would notice.

I just don't get it. I'm not surprised he is confined to his house it will be a media circus. Well if he is in competition what is his defence I just can't see what it can be other than saying he knew he had taken something (even if he didnt know how he had taken it) and so withdrew rather than play under the affect of a drug, might mitigate the length of any ban I guess. What is he doing? I just hope he isn't making it worse for himself. At the end of the day he needs to accept some responsiblity for this, whether it be not withdrawing from the tournament in good time (not sure if he would physically do this or his team), partying before he has withdrawn (completely dumb even if he was intending to withdraw, Nadal wouldn't do it would he), not watching his drinks carefully enough if he was spiked and just not being in control of his own actions. He is an adult and he needs to act like one.

I'm not sure of the accurancy of that espn article

Puschkin
05-12-2009, 07:58 AM
from rgnet:

http://www.richardgasquet.net/V3/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1905&start=750&sid=b21a4b4a68ad38114e1113f1fbec33d9

2 infos intéressantes :
- Hier soir sur Direct8 Roger Zabel a dit que Richard s'était confié à Yannick Noah (au moins lui il le soutient...) pour lui affirmer qu'il n'avait pas bu une goutte d'alcool de la soirée. La question du mode d'ingérence reste donc posée et la thèse d'un Richard bourré qui se drogue inconsciemment s'effondre.
- Ce matin sur France Inter, le journaliste Fabrice Abgrall a affirmé que Richard ne s'exprimerait pas avant jeudi, qu'il existe des preuves le disculpant et des rebondissements sont à prévoir...

Wait and see donc.

En attendant soutenons Richard dans cette terrible épreuve ! Je ne vois pas ce qui pouvait lui arriver de pire !

Yesterday on dircet 8 Roger Zabel (I don't know who that is) said that Richard talked to Yannick Noah (at least he supports Richard [this is directed against Henri Leconte who came out harshly against Richard]) that he did not touch a drop of alcohol that evening. The question of the uptake therefore remains and the theory of a drunk Richard taking it up unconsciously melts away.

This morning on France Inter the journaliste Fabrice Abgrall said that Richard won't express himself before Thursday and that proofs of innocence existe and that turns will happen

Therefore, let's wait and see.

While waiting let's support Richard in this terrible affair. I can't imagine something worse happening to him.

PS. The poster is reliable.

but-it's-ok
05-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the updates;)

Davodus
05-12-2009, 08:09 AM
so they are saying proof of his innocence exists? i wonder what they mean :shrug:

thanks for the info :)

Naina
05-12-2009, 08:18 AM
thanks for the info:). This iis getting more complicated then ever :confused:

reggie1
05-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Oh that sounds so much more positive. Is it possible that medication mixed with something else (I don't quite know what) could mimic Cocaine in a urine sample? Let's hope it's something like this.

tufani
05-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks, Margareta!

That's great that he gets support from people like Noah!

I thought about meds he was taking during that period as well, but I don't know if it's possible to mix cocaine with something else (people on GM say that cocaine tests are quite accurate). And cocaine as an ingredient? Is it possible? Never heard of something like that. :confused: But I must admit that I don't know much about pharmacology.

Davodus
05-12-2009, 08:52 AM
the thing i find so strange is the high level

to me, that's an even greater indicator that something is weird or wrong, than if it was small
because if you think about it logically, he couldn't possibly have taken such a large amount of cocaine and still be healthy, i mean that is a high level, and if you were doing it just for fun/recreationally or whatever, you wouldn't take such a giant amount

If you use hingis as an example, hers was a lot smaller, which makes me more inclined to believe she tried it or whatever, than such a high amount does
and also, if his hair test shows he isn't a regular user, then there is absolutely 0 chance he would have been healthy after taking it, given that he would not be used to it

reggie1
05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
I wondered that but others on GM who seem to have had some experience of it says he would be ok. It now seems he wasn't drunk either so his explanation will be interesting to say the least. I don't doubt that the labs can make mistakes. I still think it was very harsh to ban him immediately based on the first test. I don't think that has ever happened before and I wonder if it was because the media found out even before the story was released.

yomike
05-12-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm almost certain he will be ban:o.

Davodus
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
I wondered that but others on GM who seem to have had some experience of it says he would be ok. It now seems he wasn't drunk either so his explanation will be interesting to say the least. I don't doubt that the labs can make mistakes. I still think it was very harsh to ban him immediately based on the first test. I don't think that has ever happened before and I wonder if it was because the media found out even before the story was released.

i strongly doubt he would be ok, but i don't have any experience with it, so i can't really know
but the concentration in his sample was huge, like i can't even imagine how much he would have had to ingest for such a big number
And I don't think anyone in GM would really know what concentration level they have taken or whatever

With the ban, I'm hoping this is because they are planning on a small penalty, and they just started it ASAP rather than leaving it til late :o i know, it's too optimistic

krn81
05-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks Puschkin by this article. This morning I rode in the cosmopolitan magazine the article from him (it was already mentioned somewhere here) and he said inside that he does not drink alcohol. We will see on Thursday and we may have some surprises.

the thing i find so strange is the high level
It is 3 times the limit but there is one detail that is mentioned no where, what does it mean? How much 1,46mg represents? I dont know.
Is someone know?

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
If you use hingis as an example, hers was a lot smaller, which makes me more inclined to believe she tried it or whatever, than such a high amount does
and also, if his hair test shows he isn't a regular user, then there is absolutely 0 chance he would have been healthy after taking it, given that he would not be used to it
I wouldn't believe Hingis' supposed level if I were you, if it were true then Hingis was under the level allowed and so would never have been banned in the first place. :shrug: I doubt the amount in Richard's sample is actually that high, surely thetest would be sensitive enough that any amount of drug use would show up, not just if someone takes a ridiculous amount. :shrug:

and if it is something to do with his medication, then someone in his team is incredibly stupid! :o they all know what's on the list and what isn't and if they don't check these things before he takes the medication then that's extremely negligent.

Davodus
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't believe Hingis' supposed level if I were you, if it were true then Hingis was under the level allowed and so would never have been banned in the first place. :shrug: I doubt the amount in Richard's sample is actually that high, surely thetest would be sensitive enough that any amount of drug use would show up, not just if someone takes a ridiculous amount. :shrug:

and if it is something to do with his medication, then someone in his team is incredibly stupid! :o they all know what's on the list and what isn't and if they don't check these things before he takes the medication then that's extremely negligent.

i'm not sure, hingis might have had different rules given that it was during a grandslam

I think if that is the figure that the test showed than that would be it. The blood or urine test, im not sure which he took, would be sensitive, but that doesn't have any effect on the level it showed in his, and the hair test only produces positives if you are a regular user

that's why i'm finding it hard to believe how big his was, and that's why i think there has to be come kind of other explanation :shrug: unless his body is just not influenced and absorbs the drug really fast :confused:

also, i think if its with his medication, it is really stupid. There is a chance he was on medication for his shoulder that showed up as cocaine in the test, or he was on two different types that when mixed caused the result
i have no idea, but they should be way more careful, if that is the case

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 11:20 AM
i'm not sure, hingis might have had different rules given that it was during a grandslam

I think if that is the figure that the test showed than that would be it. The blood or urine test, im not sure which he took, would be sensitive, but that doesn't have any effect on the level it showed in his, and the hair test only produces positives if you are a regular user

that's why i'm finding it hard to believe how big his was, and that's why i think there has to be come kind of other explanation :shrug: unless his body is just not influenced and absorbs the drug really fast :confused:

also, i think if its with his medication, it is really stupid. There is a chance he was on medication for his shoulder that showed up as cocaine in the test, or he was on two different types that when mixed caused the result
i have no idea, but they should be way more careful, if that is the case
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not disputing the level that was found, I'm just saying that I'm not sure if that level is particularly high or not. :shrug: and I really doubt that Hingis got banned with the amount that she is supposed to have had in the urine since that is not just below the allowed level but a significant amount less. :p

Davodus
05-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not disputing the level that was found, I'm just saying that I'm not sure if that level is particularly high or not. :shrug: and I really doubt that Hingis got banned with the amount that she is supposed to have had in the urine since that is not just below the allowed level but a significant amount less. :p

i think that level is particularly high, just from what i've read
kind of strangely high i think...but i am no expert

i'm not sure what the issue was with martina, maybe being a grandslam which is governed by the ITF first, you are not allowed to have any traces, or the legal limit is less :shrug:
i dont really know the story with her

Cin
05-12-2009, 11:49 AM
I tried to find the one of Martina,but still havent found it.
my friend told me the result of Martina is 0.42。 obviously that's not true. it's under 0.5

Dini
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I miss him already. Imagine a 2 year ban?

Tennis would be a lot less enjoyable for me if that was the case. :sobbing:

Cin
05-12-2009, 12:02 PM
i think that level is particularly high, just from what i've read
kind of strangely high i think...but i am no expert

i'm not sure what the issue was with martina, maybe being a grandslam which is governed by the ITF first, you are not allowed to have any traces, or the legal limit is less :shrug:
i dont really know the story with her
I read the news about Martina. The situation was totally different.
They tried to prove that's not her sample, but failed.
Her british lawyer was good at this, but they didnt find enough infomations. IMO, that's why they didnt appreal. Ex-No.1!If she could, she would protect her name.

we dont know what happened in Miami. TBH, I have a bad feeling that Richard will give us a big suprise on Thursday.

Cin
05-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I miss him already. Imagine a 2 year ban?

Tennis would be a lot less enjoyable for me if that was the case. :sobbing:
yeah, alrealy miss him and his tennis.

My 2nd experience of Roland Garros, OMG, still without Richard.

Davodus
05-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I read the news about Martina. The situation was totally different.
They tried to prove that's not her sample, but failed.
Her british lawyer was good at this, but they didnt find enough infomations. IMO, that's why they didnt appreal. Ex-No.1!If she could, she would protect her name.

we dont know what happened in Miami. TBH, I have a bad feeling that Richard will give us a big suprise on Thursday.

i wish she did appeal! she just gave up
but i didn't know that was her argument, it seems like a bit of a strange thing to argue

reggie1
05-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Do any of the Frenchies know whether there will be a press conference that will be shown on French TV for this defense? And if so when?

Cin
05-12-2009, 12:23 PM
a good or bad surprise ?

he seems to be sure of him a good surpise, I hope.

Puschkin
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
some supports groups were created on facebook if you're interested
Seems as if Richard himself withdrew from facebook, though.

*Martolina*
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
What are the last news?! I have just returned from school =(

reggie1
05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm getting a bit confused :o (think we all are!) is he having this tribunal Thursday or is he making a public statement of his innocence on Thursday? :scratch:
So Richie's off face book then?! Probably for the best. The real one was always meant to be the one where he was in a black top at RG wasn't it? And that's the one that's not on there anymore. I did wonder if he might put a statement on there professing his innocence.

Davodus
05-12-2009, 01:36 PM
yes vicky this is a confusing situation

as far as i know, its a statement on thursday
i don't think a hearing date has been set yet

Keijan
05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Do any of the Frenchies know whether there will be a press conference that will be shown on French TV for this defense? And if so when?

I read that he'll probably speak on thursday to the medias. But I'm pretty sure he won't hold a tv conference, it has never happened before. We'll just get the reports of the conf by l'Equipe and the others :sad:

edit : sorry hadn't read the other posts. It's not the audience on thrusday, that one will take at least one month, at most two months. It's just him telling his innocence

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
I am very intrigued about what we will hear on Thursday...the statements we have seen seem fairly sure that they can prove his innocence yet I don't see how. :confused: I guess we will just have to wait until then. :awww:

reggie1
05-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I know this is a bit of a self indulgent post but I know all of you understand, (I need to talk!) but I feel cheated. This is the first year I have had Sky Sports and in the off season I was so looking forward to watching him play 2009 and so far it's been a total washout. I'm not blaming him because he couldn't help withdrawing due to injury but this ban before he has even had a chance to voice his side of the story just makes me mad. I can't bear the thought of his career ending over this before it's truly began. :sad: :sad: Tennis just will not be the same for me. :sad: No RG, no Eastbourne, no Queens and no wimbledon :mad: Can't his people do more for him and at least speed up this tribunal? I'd have thought that Lagardere could pull a few strings with all of his money! Winge over!

Keijan
05-12-2009, 03:02 PM
David Douillet speaking about Richie (video and interview)

http://www.rtl.fr/fiche/4801966/david-douillet-a-propos-de-richard-gasquet-c-est-un-accident-grave-pour-lui-video.html

Qu'est-ce que ça représente pour un sportif de haut niveau, 22 ans, ce type d'incident. Il risque deux ans de suspension. Comment réagissez-vous ?

C'est un accident. Un accident grave, je crois, pour lui et pas autre chose puisque pour avoir fait un tour de piste dans son entourage, y compris du côté un peu de ceux qui l'ont entraîné, ça n'a pas été un acte pour améliorer ses performances sportives. Donc, c'est plutôt un accident. Evidemment, en tant que professionnel, il doit se soumettre à un certain nombre de lois. On ne doit pas prendre de la cocaïne évidemment dans la vie tout court, pour sa santé évidemment ...

C'est mieux ! Oui, bien sûr.

... Il faut quand même... Quand j'entends parler d'incident "festif", enfin ça me hérisse un petit peu le poil, parce que clairement, se droguer, quelque part ce n'est pas bien pour l'humain.

C'est se détruire ?

C'est se détruire. C'est une fuite en avant mais en tout cas, en tant que sportif et professionnel, c'est une grave erreur. Alors, est-ce qu'il s'en est rendu compte au moment où c'est arrivé, est-ce qu'il avait la conscience de ce qu'il faisait, ça c'est un autre sujet, en tout état de cause. Moi, le principe sportif du fait de prendre un produit pour améliorer ses performances sportives, en tout cas se doper, pour moi, là il n'est pas très, très clair et pas avéré, en fait.

Je ne sais pas si on peut évoquer la notion d'exemplarité de sportif de haut niveau ; mais Henri Leconte, ancien champion de tennis lui aussi, disait, hier : "Quand on joue avec le feu et si on se fait prendre, il faut en assumer les conséquences".

Il a raison. Il a raison ; mais il a 22 ans, il est jeune. Pour avoir fait un petit "come back" dans sa vie, il a été une star très, très tôt : à 9 ans, on l'a surnommé le "surdoué du tennis". Un statut psychologiquement pas si simple à assumer. Est-ce que c'est une vie qu'il a réellement choisie ? Est-ce qu'il est pleinement heureux ? Epanoui dans sa vie ? C'est des questions qui sont personnelles, qui lui sont personnelles. Donc, pas si simple d'assumer ce statut. Et puis une vie, une vie de jeune homme, une vie à vivre qui fait que depuis qu'il est tout petit, il est contraint à, là pour le coup, une vie d'ascète pour pouvoir faire ce métier-là, en tout cas.

Basically he's saying it was an accident (not sure if he means Richard didn't mean to take it or if it was a one-time mistake here), that taking drugs means destroying oneself and is rarely taken just for "fun".

Taking cocaine to dope oneself and do better sport performance is just plainly stupid because of the side effects, so what he's sure of is that if Richie took it willingly, it wasn't to boost his physical performances. Then he ends up by bashing the French medias which made a star of Richie before he was even a teen and forbade him to have a normal life by putting so much pressure on him.

I like what he is saying, it's good to hear Richie is having some support from political people. And to answer Puschkin who commented on rg.net about it, Douillet is not only the most famous French ex-judoka, he's also secrétaire national au sport, State Secretary of sport (not sure of the translation). So he mostly represents the Sport Ministry. He's also a big, big figure in France, very much loved, so not just "another random french sportsman".

but-it's-ok
05-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Vicky I don't blame you feeling like that,there's nothing so self indulgent-its good to get it all out of your mind,you know we all understand;):hug::hug: I wish this unhappy situation could be sorted out more swiftly too,but I just think speeding things up might mean something valuable for his case might get left out..these things cant be rushed really.

I feel your total frustration. We all feel truly devastated for ourselves as fans and for Richie of course,but this thing has to run its course,all we can hope for is that tennis is back on his agenda as soon as is practically possible;) All we can do for now is wait and see what happens on Thursday:)

I mean I have tickets for Eastbourne,only last week news broke he had entered there..and now:sad::sad: Cant be helped..I am concerned more for Richie's welfare:) He is still very young which is a blessing right now. It'll be hard now he's under this cloud to come back.

We know he is getting some support and well wishes as well as the expected crap,and I am sure there will be much more support and help for him at this time than we may think;)

Meanwhile I hope he can find something to occupy him so that he's not thinking about this mess 24/7:)

reggie1
05-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks Di, you're so sensible :lol: actually most of what I have read has been very supportive of him which is a good thing and most people on GM had sympathy. Never seen that before :lol:
Poor you over Eastbourne :hug:
I hope he comes out of this even stronger whatever he decided to do with his career.

Keijan
05-12-2009, 03:20 PM
On the other hand, maybe he needs time to gather his evidence if they're about his meds holding something close to cocaine :shrug: so speeding up the audience might not be the best thing for him. I have no idea, really, but all I read sounded so sure that he has the absolute evidence that he's innocent, I can't think about anything else.

Vicky, Di, :hug:

Puschkin
05-12-2009, 03:27 PM
And to answer Puschkin who commented on rg.net about it, Douillet is not only the most famous French ex-judoka, he's also secrétaire national au sport, State Secretary of sport (not sure of the translation). So he mostly represents the Sport Ministry. He's also a big, big figure in France, very much loved, so not just "another random french sportsman".

Thanks, forgive my ignorance. However, I remain skeptoc about everyone talking before Richard spoke himself, even if it were your president. :p

Keijan
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I agree with you, I was just saying he wasn't just another random sportsman like you seemed to think he was. It would be really stupid indeed if every sportsmen would just begin to chat about Richie to the press :lol:

Richie will speak on Thursday... at least I'm really hoping so !

Schu
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm glad Richie is for once taking his time to speak and not putting his foot in his mouth (now Papa Gasquet just has to do the same as hard as it might be for him). The wait is frustrating for all and I'm sure whenever he does speak it will be the hardest thing he's ever had to do in his life so far but when dealing with a serious legal issue one has to be VERY careful with what they say and when they say it. He has good legal advisors and they are carefully planning his defense.

However I don't believe for a second that we will get the whole story whenever he does speak. I suspect it will be a statement that will leave us wanting to know much more but that's how it should be, he or anyone else should not release all the details to the public before his hearing. So we wait and hope.

I also see this as sign that he cares about not just his name but his career - he could at this point just say "F" it and walk away but sounds like he is ready to fight - Allez Richie!

Now guys I'm going to be tied up with work like 14 hour days for the next 2-3 days so I'll not get to see whatever he says till late at night, my time - keep me posted.

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I was wondering if he might have something or some of the events around them documented because of the canal plus documentary. I hope he is innocent and can prove it. I hope he at least speaks out well for himself. I support him for better or for worse.

reggie1
05-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't suppose we'll get any more of that "Four Mousequetaires" documentary now :sad:

Gretchen.
05-12-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't suppose we'll get any more of that "Four Mousequetaires" documentary now :sad:

Maybe they might change it to 3 Mousequetaires :sad: you know just show Gael,Gillou and Jo.....:sobbing:

reggie1
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Gretchen.
05-12-2009, 06:45 PM
I know it won't be fair :sad: But I am really curious to see what they are gonna show if there is a new episode coming which will most like be after RG I guess.....

So trying to liven up the mood a little....can this seriously be possible :scratch::lol:

"According to Guinness World Records (TM), the longest "contrived" tennis rally is 25,944 strokes by identical twin brothers Angelo & Ettore Rossetti set on 9-10 August 2008 at the North Haven Health & Racquet club in North Haven, CT. The rally lasted 14 hours and 31 minutes."

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 07:11 PM
who would be sad enough to set that record. That would be like the friends episode when they can't drop the ball.

Gretchen.
05-12-2009, 07:27 PM
who would be sad enough to set that record. That would be like the friends episode when they can't drop the ball.

:lol: I remember that episode Monica was sooo into it and at the end when they ditch her is so hilarious :rolls: But yeah isn't it ridiculous how could you just hit a tennis ball for 14 hours.

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I would be bored after 2 minutes. I haven't played tennis for ages and ages but when I did it was smacking it as hard as possible that made it fun for me. I have secretely vicious tendencies.

Gretchen.
05-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I would be bored after 2 minutes. I haven't played tennis for ages and ages but when I did it was smacking it as hard as possible that made it fun for me. I have secretely vicious tendencies.

Is that why you wanna smack Richie if you meet him ;) :rolls:

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Is that why you wanna smack Richie if you meet him ;) :rolls:

No that is because (even before this debacle) he badly needs some common sense. I thought a whack round the head might assist in that.

He would get a slap closely followed by a hug at the moment though, I think he really needs the hug.

You should see me play badminton, I am not nice (I am also really bad at it too ;) ).

PinkFeatherBoa
05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I was wondering if he might have something or some of the events around them documented because of the canal plus documentary. I hope he is innocent and can prove it. I hope he at least speaks out well for himself. I support him for better or for worse.

I had to quote that since I've had 'for better, for worse' as my signature for so long and now it just seems so apt.

I also wonder what will happen with the documentary. It doesn't seem to be more than a 'bad omen' for all 4 guys lately.

Jen, that stat about the longest rally is so funny, what possessed them to set that record?! I would become impatient playing that but then I'm by nature an aggressive player.

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I just get bored. I wonder if thats how Rafa wins sometimes the other players are just like fuck this and net the ball after the 20th shot in the rally.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-12-2009, 09:05 PM
:lol: I know I'd get bored/impatient playing someone like Rafa.

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I think I'd be more concerned about getting hungry (or needing to pee! :sobbing: ) if I had to rally for that long! :o :lol: although it would be terribly boring as well.

Gretchen.
05-12-2009, 09:55 PM
:lol: I know I'd get bored/impatient playing someone like Rafa.

:o I know! Just rally after rally until someone hits it out or into the net...how much more boring can it get? :lol:

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
I like watching him on clay though. You can see him thinking. I love clay but I think I would get bored playing on it. The sliding looks fun though.

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM
nope

PinkFeatherBoa
05-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I didn't even think of those more practical reasons, Jo. :o :lol: Although I guess I'd be bored and stop playing before I even get to thinking about eating or peeing!

Tori, I find Rafa interesting to watch on clay too, I just wish there wasn't so many slow courts on other surfaces because dominance bothers me, no matter how much I like the player doing it, unfortunately.

Actually Gasquet dominating would never bother me but since that isn't ever going to happen, my above stands. :awww:.

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I didn't even think of those more practical reasons, Jo. :o :lol: Although I guess I'd be bored and stop playing before I even get to thinking about eating or peeing!

Tori, I find Rafa interesting to watch on clay too, I just wish there wasn't so many slow courts on other surfaces because dominance bothers me, no matter how much I like the player doing it, unfortunately.

Actually Gasquet dominating would never bother me but since that isn't ever going to happen, my above stands. :awww:.

I'd take Nalby dominating too but he doesn't seem bothered enough to play well for longer than 2 weeks a year.

I think a lot of this court slowing down stuff is crap. Wimby slowing down benefitted Fed long before Rafa and it isn't that slow. Indian Wells is a slow hard court and so is toronto but I don't think anywhere else off clay is that slow.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah, fair enough, I don't mean in the sense that Rafa isn't capable of playing on faster surfaces too, he definitely has adapted his game well over the years, and I agree about slow Wimbledon also helping Federer (another dominant period that drove me crazy- must be the crazy underdog supporter in me). But there are a lot of slow hardcourts really (also Miami is) and Bercy now changed to a much slower surface but I'm sure Rafa would have become dominant anyway, so it doesn't really matter much.

Poor Nalbandian, I wonder if he will ever come back fully from his hip surgery.

Do you think this thread has gone horribly off topic enough? Well actually now it's not really about Richard's tennis, then probably it hasn't.

Gretchen.
05-12-2009, 10:37 PM
This was posted on RG.net

In the french news, they say now that the dose of cocaine detected in richard's urine is finally 10 times smaller than the one previously reported...This is still higher than the authorised level but now this could correspond easily to a contamination of one of his drinks...Also, this is clear that ingestion of the drug occured only a few hours/one day before the test which sounds strange for someone who wants to cheat

Source: http://www.lepoint.fr/actualites-societe/2009-05-12/apres-son-controle-positif-a-la-cocaine-info-le-point-fr-pourquoi-gasquet-a-pu-etre-dope-a-son-insu/920/0/342779

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 10:40 PM
who the hell would spike someones drink with coke?
It being a smaller amount prob looks better for him.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Wow that's interesting (thanks for getting us back on topic, right in time Jen)

That previous amount really did seem too high... So the drink theory really is a possibility, though idk about that to be honest... I just know I really want to believe that he didn't intentionally take it. This waiting is getting too, too much now though, don't know what to think.

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I didn't even think of those more practical reasons, Jo. :o :lol: Although I guess I'd be bored and stop playing before I even get to thinking about eating or peeing
I always think about eating, which is probably why that was my first though! :o :sobbing: *needs to eat less*

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok so my french is crap and I was like theres no way that article is saying what I think it is saying, so I google translated it and it is. It is suggesting it is such a small concentration he could have picked it up from bank notes (why was he licking bank notes) or tea from the internet.

Come on, get real!

Gretchen.
05-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Ok so my french is crap and I was like theres no way that article is saying what I think it is saying, so I google translated it and it is. It is suggesting it is such a small concentration he could have picked it up from bank notes (why was he licking bank notes) or tea from the internet.

Come on, get real!

:haha: That made me laugh ;) so I guess it isn't true then :sad: :sobbing:

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 11:11 PM
:haha: That made me laugh ;) so I guess it isn't true then :sad: :sobbing:

well some of it might be true. I think they are saying it is a such a small amount it could have come from anywhere and wouldn't even be regarded as a positive under American law.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-12-2009, 11:14 PM
The licking bank notes thing is funny but seriously these 'suggestions' as to what might have happened are unneccessary at this point though the information of how small the amount was had to be given examples, I suppose... But through banknotes. :rolls:

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 11:18 PM
The licking bank notes thing is funny but seriously these 'suggestions' as to what might have happened are unneccessary at this point really though the information of how small the amount was had to be given examples, I suppose... But through banknotes. :rolls:

The bank notes thing is actually quite interesting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6208877.stm

the article also suggests tables as a source of contamination. So basically they are saying he could have picked it up anywhere.

Schu
05-12-2009, 11:24 PM
10 times smaller! imagine all this shit because a decimal point was in the WRONG SPOT!!! Typo-OOPS!

The stories are getting a bit crazy now. On Euros - I guess bank tellers must test off the chart after a day at work?

Cloudygirl
05-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I wonder what the cocaine tea is called. My friend and I are always buying speciality teas. I prob have cocaine tea in the cupboard without realising.

Gretchen.
05-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I wonder what the cocaine tea is called. My friend and I are always buying speciality teas. I prob have cocaine tea in the cupboard without realising.

you don't have to be tested anywhere do you :lol: hmmm maybe Richie could have picked it up from tea...

Cin
05-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I tried to find some articles of cocaine, to know better about this famous drug.
when I putted the word cocaine in a research engine, the results were all about Richard.

I cant find anything. :O

case
05-12-2009, 11:57 PM
So a small amount a good lawyer can have a field day with.
even i can think of a million ways to get cocaine

my examples:
money has been mentioned
someone was hiding a stash in a loaf of bread
any food
any drink
any glass or eating contrainer
toothpaste
cocaine in the air
traces of cocaine on his medicine after the pharmacist had been handling someone else's prescription

doesnt gasquet ALWAYS bite his nails? he could have been handling something a druggie had been handling

has anyone else mentioned a blow job?
the blowee might have been licking cocaine off his... well you know.

ok some of these really stink, but i am having a really bad day.
btw i hate really hate dentists!!!
i am sitting here with a hole in my tooth that the dentist put there now i am going to have to have the thing pulled! it isnt pretty

Cin
05-12-2009, 11:59 PM
So a small amount a good lawyer can have a field day with.
even i can think of a million ways to get cocaine

my examples:
money has been mentioned
someone was hiding a stash in a loaf of bread
any food
any drink
any glass or eating contrainer
toothpaste
cocaine in the air
traces of cocaine on his medicine after the pharmacist had been handling someone else's prescription

doesnt gasquet ALWAYS bite his nails? he could have been handling something a druggie had been handling

ok some of these really stink, but i am having a really bad day.
btw i hate really hate dentists!!!
i am sitting here with a hole in my tooth that the dentist put there now i am going to have to have the thing pulled! it isnt pretty

this is possible.:cool:

Cloudygirl
05-13-2009, 12:00 AM

I will laugh if he comes out with that one at the presser.

Bad luck on the tooth. I have had a niggly tooth since last may and because it is at the front they won't do anything to it at all. It sucks.

Gretchen.
05-13-2009, 12:08 AM

lmao! :haha: he could be like 'uhhh craaazy american girl....not my fault fer sure see ;)'

well i hope that's not the reason :lol:

Cin
05-13-2009, 12:08 AM

Bad luck on the tooth. I have had a niggly tooth since last may and because it is at the front they won't do anything to it at all. It sucks.

actually, we talked about the blow job earlier.

If he has to, come out will still be better than a ban

case
05-13-2009, 12:22 AM
darn it wasnt me! another crazy american girl has all the fun!
arent you american sunny? is there something we should know?
(just kidding!)

i just hope it was a crazy american girl and not a crazy american boy

Gretchen.
05-13-2009, 12:26 AM
darn it wasnt me! another crazy american girl has all the fun!
arent you american sunny? is there something we should know?
(just kidding!)

i just hope it was a crazy american girl and not a crazy american boy

haha hey! yes I am but I live in New York and by the time I got to Miami he was gone :sad:

maybe serves it up made a trip to miami ;)

ummm yeah hopefully it was a girl....but honestly i never really believed the gay rumors

PinkFeatherBoa
05-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I was just going to suggest it was serves it up, until I read your post Jen! :rolls: It is entirely possible, since I'm sure that girl gets around. ;)

I also like the fingertips suggestion. Richard should definitely hire us all to fight his case, we'd come up with a great explanation for him, especially you case!

Puschkin
05-13-2009, 06:06 AM
The bank notes thing is actually quite interesting
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6208877.stm
Strangely enough, when I told an American friend of mine about it, who is not at all a Gasquetaire, she said on Monday, that Miami is the place in the world were you can find cocaine on banknotes.

krn81
05-13-2009, 06:38 AM
the amount of cocaine is also confirmed in L Equipe
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090513_004230_des-precisions-sur-gasquet.html

We were talking yesterday with a friend about this story of bank notes without thinking one second that could be possible.

If it is true, it could be scary for any players, it could happen to all of them...:retard:

So the fact he said he was innocent makes sense now and that he was devastating, really bad luck for him...

Puschkin
05-13-2009, 06:48 AM
the amount of cocaine is also confirmed in L Equipe
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090513_004230_des-precisions-sur-gasquet.html

Where is journalistic responsibility? I am getting :mad::mad::mad: And the mistake was copied all over the world.

krn81
05-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Where is journalistic responsibility? I am getting :mad::mad::mad: And the mistake was copied all over the world.

Oh I dont know what will happen, but if the story with the itf finishes well, maybe he will assign in justice l equipe for bad information. All other the world, he was consider as junky... Now I am waiting his conference (and it also confirms the story of new development mentionned few days ago by the group lagardere). His picture was not already nice but this is even worse...
And what Leconte will say after that :o, sometimes it is is better to shup up before accusing people...

Puschkin
05-13-2009, 07:30 AM
His picture was not already nice but this is even worse...

well the media contributed greatly to it. First they put him on a pedestal, only to critisise him if he did not fulfill their expextations and then they reach the absolute low in spreading wrong information... Easy to imagine that Richard will be even more cautious with the media from now on.

And what Leconte will say after that :o, sometimes it is is better to shup up before accusing people...

According to all I know Leconte has not the best image in France either (though I liked his tennis), so why would anybody pay much attention to him now?

Davodus
05-13-2009, 09:26 AM
this is interesting, and very annoying
firstly, the fact it was reported wrong once, the lawyers could easily argue it was wrong again :shrug: and realistically, this level is small, and as you have all said, could have found its way into his system in a variety of ways

the fact that the media reported it so wrong with the level makes me mad, because everyone thinks he must have been trashed off his face, but he obviously wasn't, so they have basically falsely tainted his name with their idiocy.

I think this is promising for a smaller sentence, there are so many things a lawyer could argue

im very very pissed off that it was reported wrong :mad:

*MJP*
05-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Hey guys! Hows going? Been a while since i've posted but given the current situation i feel the need to. When i first found out about the positive test i couldnt believe it, i read the article 3 times & still couldnt believe it! I just think there no way that he would have knowingly ingested it - theres just far too much at stake! I like some of the ideas u guys have been coming up with 4 how he might have ingested it - some very plausible. I just hope that Richard is able to clear his name. The thought of hime being banned 4 2 years is unbearable! :(

*MJP*
05-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I was also wondering if any of the other frenchies have had anything to say on the matter? Anyone heard anything?

reggie1
05-13-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure whether the level being less is a positive thing or not, given that it was so high before it could have been down to a lab error as didn't Dav say that the 1460 amount would have meant him being so ill/needing treatment? Did the lab make a mistake or has the amount been misreported?
Stay strong Richie, we are all behind you and I just hope to goodness that you can prove your innocence tomorrow.
The point about him biting his nails is quite a good one I think. If he hadn't have been drinking would he have got high on this amount and felt strange? I will ask some of our drug "experts" on GM :lol:
I actually also feel sorry for Peyre, as his life is in a real limbo too.

totoro_472
05-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Tim Henman's opinion:

Speaking at the launch of Slazenger's Wimbledon Activity in London, Henman admitted he had been surprised at reports Richard Gasquet had tested positive for cocaine use.

"I think that most players that know him are incredibly surprised but I think it's important to understand the facts before you make too many judgements" said Henman.

"I hope for his sake he's got an explanation because he is a great talent and he's a really good guy as well."

http://www.espnstar.com/tennis/news/detail/item266362/Henman-tips-Andy-for-top-spot/

reggie1
05-13-2009, 01:04 PM
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/jeu-decisif/&ei=e8MKSviHGdy2jAfA2fi1Cw&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=3&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dchristophe%2Bthoreau%26hl%3Den%26rlz% 3D1T4DKUK_enGB250GB250 I thought I'd post this, I quite like this man's blog and he says Richie is not that much of a party goer and he is extremely surprised by the whole thing. It is the translated version via google so some of it is a bit, well, you know .....!?

reggie1
05-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Just read from a french poster that Peyre was wih Richie in the club. I truly belive his innocence if this is the case as there is no way Richie would take drugs with his coach in the vecinity.

Davodus
05-13-2009, 01:29 PM
peyre was there :eek:

i agree vicky, no way he took drugs then

this is :mad: ahhhhhh

Eliande
05-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Just read from a french poster that Peyre was wih Richie in the club. I truly belive his innocence if this is the case as there is no way Richie would take drugs with his coach in the vecinity.

Surely, this must change a lot of things.
Does anyone know if he's definitely going to release a statement tomorrow?

reggie1
05-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Just read on GM that Peyre wasn't there (Fran made a post to correct the other poster), Richie was there with Champion, Benneteau's coach. Do we know what he is like? Is he a bit wild?

Eliande
05-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Just read on GM that Peyre wasn't there (Fran made a post to correct the other poster), Richie was there with Champion, Benneteau's coach. Do we know what he is like? Is he a bit wild?

I asked the same question on GM... I'd be curious to know too.

lamnathalie
05-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Santoro on this news: "I’ve known Richard since he was nine years old, so I’m very surprised. I found out about the case yesterday (Saturday) evening. I know Richard and his way of life very well, so it’s a huge surprise because it doesn’t add up. Or maybe I was wrong (about Gasquet) - which would really surprise me, because I know him very well - or maybe there is a problem somewhere else.”

Eliande
05-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I felt compelled to ask a dear friend of mine who's a doctor in the U.K. about the possibility to find traces of cocaine in medications, for instance, and she wrote this to me:
"I think it is possible to have cocaine in the blood from medications. Not anti-inflammatories but certainly from painkillers. It is also possible to have it in the blood from anti-diarrhoea mixture! Even certain cough linctuses, depending on the country - not legal in cough medicine here of course."

Maybe they shouldn't rule out this possibility too, who knows...

Tess Gray
05-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks Eliande, very interesting indeed. Especially since Richard has been taking quite some painkillers over the past few months. It would be very stupid of his doctor but still... it could happen.

I'm very relieved to read that he didn't have the HIGH dose in his blood/urine. I'm kinda pissed at those journalists who wrote about it :( everywhere in the world people now think Richie is some kind of drug addict:o:(

Cloudygirl
05-13-2009, 06:19 PM
It is still 3 times what martina had (I think). He needs to come up with specifics you only need to read her case to see that.

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_30294_original.PDF

what I don't get is how this compares. I think you can test positive in your urine for cocaine itself or or one of its metabolites. I think Hingis tested postive for one of the metabolites but I'm not sure what they found in Richie's so is it 3 times more or not? Very confusing.

Gretchen.
05-13-2009, 06:36 PM
So I have been reading about Hingis and...

Hingis showed just 42 nanograms of a metabolite (per liter) associated with cocaine in her positive test. You have to be carrying almost four times that amount to fail a drug test in the U.S.military.

Even the freaking military is less strict than the ITF :o This whole thing is so ridiculous and honestly the ITF are trying to make it such a big deal that it's just stupid :fiery:

Cloudygirl
05-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Richie's sample wouldn't fail most US or UK drugs tests.

Also the ITF dont recognise hair samples but courts do.

Jozie
05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I felt compelled to ask a dear friend of mine who's a doctor in the U.K. about the possibility to find traces of cocaine in medications, for instance, and she wrote this to me:
"I think it is possible to have cocaine in the blood from medications. Not anti-inflammatories but certainly from painkillers. It is also possible to have it in the blood from anti-diarrhoea mixture! Even certain cough linctuses, depending on the country - not legal in cough medicine here of course."

I have been doing some research into the metabolites of cocaine found in urine samples, and found the following information:

Esterom® Solution, an investigational pharmaceutical product, is derived from the esterification of benzoylmethylecgonine (cocaine) in 1,2 propanediol. Propylene glycol is a known skin penetration enhancer (1). The resulting solution contains a mixture of components. Esterom Solution is intended to be a topical analgesic to relieve pain and increase the range of motion in patients suffering from acute inflammation of the shoulder or back. Cocaine has been known to have anesthetic properties for many years. Cocaine produces anesthesia by preventing impulse generation and conduction in sensory nerves and blocking presynaptic reuptake of norepinephrine and other catecholamines (2). This causes vaso-constriction when cocaine is topically applied. Cocaine seems to cause vasoconstriction primary through adrenergic nerves and receptors coupled with activation of intracellular Ca2+ (3). After topical application, cocaine undergoes both enzymatic and nonenzymatic hydrolysis to form metabolites. Cocaine also undergoes spontaneous hydrolysis of the methylester group to form benzoylecgonine. It has been shown that following topical application of cocaine, significant urinary benzoylecgonine concentrations are detected for prolonged periods of time (4).

source http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2519827

I am probably grasping for straws, but since Richie has had a chronic shoulder injury, maybe there is a chance he could have unintentionally used this medication - although I am sure his doctors would know it is prohibited.

The truth will be told I am sure, but like all of us, I am just hoping for the best and for this nightmare to be over.

Eliande
05-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks Eliande, very interesting indeed. Especially since Richard has been taking quite some painkillers over the past few months. It would be very stupid of his doctor but still... it could happen.

I'm very relieved to read that he didn't have the HIGH dose in his blood/urine. I'm kinda pissed at those journalists who wrote about it :( everywhere in the world people now think Richie is some kind of drug addict:o:(

Journalists can be despicable sometimes. They can seriously hurt people's reputation with false assumptions and allegations. They make me angry too!:mad:

Cin
05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
It is still 3 times what martina had (I think). He needs to come up with specifics you only need to read her case to see that.

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_30294_original.PDF

what I don't get is how this compares. I think you can test positive in your urine for cocaine itself or or one of its metabolites. I think Hingis tested postive for one of the metabolites but I'm not sure what they found in Richie's so is it 3 times more or not? Very confusing.

I thought it was 420, but I'm not sure.

Cin
05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
from the
laboratory’s full documentation package an estimated concentration of 42
ng/ml can be found.

It's under 50 ng/ml

reggie1
05-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I asked the same question on GM... I'd be curious to know too.
Yes, I'm hoping that Champion is a stand up , clean cut role model type member of society as it may help Richard. Well, a lot more than say, if he had been out clubbing with Amy Winehouse! :o

Jozie
05-13-2009, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=Jozie;8564930]I have been doing some research into the metabolites of cocaine found in urine samples, and found the following information:

Esterom® Solution, an investigational pharmaceutical product

Ignore my post... as I said I was grasping for straws. It is a product under investigation. Tomorrow can't come quick enough, I just wonder what Richie will have to say?

Cloudygirl
05-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes, I'm hoping that Champion is a stand up , clean cut role model type member of society as it may help Richard. Well, a lot more than say, if he had been out clubbing with Amy Winehouse! :o

But he would have an excuse then you can prob get high from her body odour

Cin
05-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Gasquetaires are experts of Cocaine and anti-doping, now. haha

case
05-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Richie's sample wouldn't fail most US or UK drugs tests.

Also the ITF dont recognise hair samples but courts do.

i also heard that most experts say that hair samples are more accurate.

case
05-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Gasquetaires are experts of Cocaine and anti-doping, now. haha

:D well we had to be good at something;) now that tennis is all but water under the bridge i suspect i'll take up painting again:sad:

sadly i wont have gasquet to complain about any more- i feel guilty for griping about his lack of competitiveness. everybody is pounding on that now. i miss him already. i dont feel good about his chances.

i do/did love his game

does any one here really think gasquet could take two years off and come back? i just cant see him doing it.
If it were me and i read all the crap that were saying about me i would be thinking i dont need them or this -screw it.

Tess Gray
05-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Case, I'm like you. I already miss him terribly:sad: I dont think anybody thinks that Richard will come back if he gets banned for 2 years. But tbh, I dont feel like he will be banned that long. I'm hoping for somewhere between 3 to 6 months. I think that is reasonable, hopefully the ITF/WADA agrees with me:lol:

Cin
05-13-2009, 08:44 PM
:D well we had to be good at something;) now that tennis is all but water under the bridge i suspect i'll take up painting again:sad:

sadly i wont have gasquet to complain about any more- i feel guilty for griping about his lack of competitiveness. everybody is pounding on that now. i miss him already. i dont feel good about his chances.

i do/did love his game

does any one here really think gasquet could take two years off and come back? i just cant see him doing it.
If it were me and i read all the crap that were saying about me i would be thinking i dont need them or this -screw it.

If he gets a suspension of 2 years, he wouldnt come back. I will let it go.
My tennis world will be different without him.
I always believed in him and in his game. now, I'm still on the same position.
I give my hope on his team and the defense.3 to 6 months will be the best result.
:) Let's be optimistic.

scmom
05-13-2009, 10:49 PM
hi, I am a new poster - although I have read some of your threads before , and I am a big fan of Gasquet
This news has me very sad and I hope that he can find someway to clear his name and not receive a 2 year ban
seems to me for a first offense, if he is indeed guilty , that 2 years is way harsh

As I said , I have read many of your posts and just wanted to share my thoughts with you, as a fan
I have had the pleasure of meeting Richard on several occasions, and I must say , this seems totally out of character from the young man that I have met
I would be willing to believe that he made a mistake and experimented - but I do not for one minute believe he is a habitual user , not at all

tufani
05-13-2009, 11:43 PM
An interview with a doping expert Gérard Dine: «Gasquet n’est pas toxicomane» (http://www.sport24.com/tennis/atp/actualites/gasquet-n-est-pas-toxicomane-263239/#)

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 12:03 AM

As I've mentioned before, if it was due to medication he was taking that would be extreme negligence on behalf of him and his team. Any idiot would know to check all of his medication for prohibited substances. :shrug: so we can't rely on that to get him off because he'll still get a ban for that, even if it is an allowed medication but he hadn't filled in the therapeutic use form. (same as Volandri for giving in his inhaler exception too late)

I cannot wait to get some actuals facts tomorrow because so far we've heard a different story every day. :(

Cloudygirl
05-14-2009, 12:06 AM
I don't think we will get anything new tomorrow. I just hope he is doing ok.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Today is hopefully the day of reckoning. Couldn't come soon enough, with all the speculation and misinformation out there, at least we'll finally hear something of his side of events. I can't believe that the media reported that ridiculously large and incorrect amount, which is now spread all around of course- and there is far less stating of the real smaller figure. That makes me so mad and is exactly why this should never have been reported on in advance of all the test results being correctly confirmed. This false amount has just made things worse for him imo.

I'm still remaining optimistic on the length of the ban and whatever the result hope he comes out of it a stronger person. Richard, je crois en toi.

*MJP*
05-14-2009, 12:12 AM
I really hope that all goes well for Richie tomorrow, i think we all just want this ridiculous situation over with! I still think that theres alot we dont know but im sure that there is a good explanation for it all - i just think that there is no way that he would have intentionally ingested it in some form or another.

Keep me posted on what happens tomorrow cause ill be at work & wont really get a chance to follow whats happening.
Good luck for tomorrow Richie!

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 12:19 AM
I don't think we will get anything new tomorrow. I just hope he is doing ok.

Yeah probably not but it will be nice to hear from him cause I'm getting sick of hearing crap from someone else 'Oh Richard feels like this or he is doing this' you know it's just not reliable enough...but yeah hopefully he is ok :hug:

~*BGT*~
05-14-2009, 02:41 AM
OK everyone, I have a theory:

Anti-inflammatories can cause a positive for cocaine. Richie is in Miami, his shoulder is hurting. The day before the test, he takes an extra dosage, hoping that'll help alleviate the pain but it doesn't do anything. Because of that, he decides he's not gonna participate so he goes out to the clubs and decides to withdraw in the morning. Maybe he takes some more medicine because of his shoulder and then he finds out he's getting drug tested. He thinks: "Oh, no problem. I don't do drugs or use steroids. This drug test is no issue." But he has taken so much of his medicine that the test comes back positive.

Does this make any sense? :confused:

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 02:44 AM
I don't know, I'd imagine if a medication had any trace of a banned substance in it they'd have to fill out a therapeutic use form just in case of things like this. so I'd still count that as negligence. :awww:

~*BGT*~
05-14-2009, 03:32 AM
Maybe thye used a new medication. He could have been on something else and taken countless drug tests before without any issues. And then this is the first test with this new medicine. :shrug:

Schu
05-14-2009, 04:50 AM
Maybe thye used a new medication. He could have been on something else and taken countless drug tests before without any issues. And then this is the first test with this new medicine. :shrug:

Grabbing at staws (oops no pun intended) now, Dani?? And I didn't think anti-inflamatories could cause a false poistive for coke.

Davodus
05-14-2009, 05:24 AM
^^i think pain killers can produce a false positive

~*BGT*~
05-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Anti-inflammatories can. I googled it. :)

~*BGT*~
05-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Among the items reported as causing false positive test results are:
Pain relievers such as Advil, Nuprin, Motrin and menstrual cramp medications like Midol and Trendar. All drugs containing the widely used pain reliever Ibuprofen are known to cause positive samples for Marijuana. Non-steroidal anti inflammatories such as N/aproxen*** have cross reacted in blind tests. These are often prescribed for runners, sports injuries to joints, and those suffering from arthritis.

Who tests his urine? Because I found this:

I have tested positive for cocaine, but not the metabolites 3 times after hair testing by trichotech in Cardiff.

I have NOT taken cocaine in any way or form.
I am also the 15th person that I am aware of to have received positive test results after not taking cocaine.

There is a link below to other people who have been tested by trichotech who have since proved the reults of cocaine found in their hair sample tests are not accurate. Normally between 3.2 and 4.6 showing as their results.

I have had two other hair test samples screened and they show negative, both screened at two other testing labs in the UK The third which I received results from today, Trichotech shows positive for cocaine, NOT for it's metabolites.

*** Can't believe I can't say n/aproxen.... it's just Aleve. I take it! :o

Cin
05-14-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.actualite-de-stars.com/people/051413348-richard-gasquet-lache-par-ses-sponsors.html

Cin
05-14-2009, 11:15 AM
#
Head&Shoulders suspend sa pub avec Richard Gasquet
CB News via Morandini
14/05/09 | 12h47

Eliande
05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
#
CB News via Morandini
14/05/09 | 12h47

No surprise there.

Cin
05-14-2009, 11:34 AM
http://www.20minutes.fr/article/326187/Sport-Que-risque-Richard-Gasquet.php
je prefere rien du tout~~~

RFK
05-14-2009, 11:45 AM
I did wonder about any medication causing people to test positive for cocaine actually. I think maybe it's just wishful thinking though!
I don't see how he would say he would prove his innocence if he was actually guilty and there wasn't a background story behind it all. I'm curious to know now.

Eliande
05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
http://www.20minutes.fr/article/326187/Sport-Que-risque-Richard-Gasquet.php
je prefere rien du tout~~~

Moi aussi!

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 12:20 PM
The thought of him not playing until 11th May 2011 makes me feel sick. :awww:

reggie1
05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
I wonder when this statement will be made? Time's ticking on!

Puschkin
05-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I wonder when this statement will be made? Time's ticking on!

Whenever it comes, I would not expect much of that statememt anyway. The only likely consequences would be distorted versions and more speculations by the media.

I expect a minimum statement, legally carefully crafted, at best some hints in which direction the defence will go.

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Well we can live without Head & Shoulders, honestly those quotes that came out of him especially "Richard Gasquet feels comfortable while shampooing" :lol: were pretty embarrassing. I hope this statement comes soon cause it's 6 in the morning here and I woke up to hear it/read it whatever ;).

reggie1
05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
We are all so impatient because we are worried for him. I think we all probably have unrealistic expectations of what this statement will be able to achieve. :sad:

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
:sobbing: I know but it would just be nice to hear from him and not someone else about how he is doing or how he is gonna prove himself innocent.It's gonna be tough watching RG without him again :sad:

Keijan
05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
For French speakers : the humorist Nicolas Canteloup was joking about Richie in his "Revue de Presque" on Europe 1 two days ago. It's funny, light and dedramatizes the whole depressing story, it's not against Richard, more against the famous people Canteloup is impersonating, really, I like it ;) it's good to have a laugh about it.

http://www.europe1.fr/Radio/chroniques/chroniques/La-revue-de-presque-Nicolas-Canteloup31/(gid)/222497

(l'audio ne marche qu'avec IE)

Ségo qui veut s'excuser pour les 12 derniers Roland..... :rolls:

PinkFeatherBoa
05-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Merci Marion for the link, shall definitely check it out later, could use some humour in all this waiting.

#
CB News via Morandini
14/05/09 | 12h47

But the hair sample was clean (negative) :confused:

;)

I was just beginning to feel comfortable with shampooing too, pity.

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
This has got to be a joke :o :eek:

Lance Armstrong who accuses the French nation of anti-americanism every time he happens to be tested for drugs while racing in France:Gasquet declared that his urine tests were a clear sign of francophobia from the US anti-doping agency retaliating because he's French and he defeated American Andy Roddick in the English open.

reggie1
05-14-2009, 03:07 PM
OMG Is that going to be the defense? :lol:

Puschkin
05-14-2009, 03:08 PM
This has got to be a joke :o :eek:
Where did you this get from?

We critisice the journalists a lot,and rightly so, but spreading something like this without a source is not great either. :o

reggie1
05-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Once the tribunal date is set and the evidence has been heard, how long does it usually take for a decision to be reached regarding a ban? Do they then deliberate for another few weeks to delay his return to the the tennis court for even longer? I did read on a site (can't remember which one) that usually players are allowed to continue to play before their hearing date. But because this was leaked, the ITF/WADA had no choice other than to suspend Richard straight away. It all just seems so unfair. If the story hadn't been leaked he could have played Wimbledon.

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Where did you this get from?

We critisice the journalists a lot,and rightly so, but spreading something like this without a source is not great either. :o

They are talking about it on the tennis.com forums

http://www.tennis.com/messageboard/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13853&start=1

Idk if it's true and I personally don't belive it is and if he is going in with that as his defense wtf?? like seriously :o

Puschkin
05-14-2009, 03:26 PM
They are talking about it on the tennis.com forums
http://www.tennis.com/messageboard/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13853&start=1

I have no time to go through all this link, but it looks like it is just messages from posters on a forum. Well, a lot things are posted right now on this issue in all kind of fora, if you take all that seriously,............

Let us keep to sources which look (at least a bit) relibale, otherwise we end up in the mud.

case
05-14-2009, 03:29 PM
what was there no comment today from gasquet? i cant believe the idea that it was francophobia,. probably just a silly poster.

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I know maybe it isn't so reliable...but it's getting annoying just waiting for something good :mad:

Is there still time for him to give some kind of statement today or is that just not happening?...

case
05-14-2009, 03:37 PM
I know maybe it isn't so reliable...but it's getting annoying just waiting for something good :mad:

Is there still time for him to give some kind of statement today or is that just not happening?...

i know it is silly and actually none of my business but i am going to be mad at gasquet if we dont hear from him soon.
he needs to start saying im innocent again and again even if he has no other proof. people believe something if it is said again and again. and looking like you are hiding doesnt help either.

reggie1
05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I wish he was a bit more vocal too, I know it's difficult and he probably thinks "I don't want to put my foot in it" but this was released Sunday and it's now Thursday and other than "I will prove my innocence" we have had nothing. I think for his own sake, he needs to put his side out there as much as legality allows as there is so much rubbish being written atm.

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I hope he doesn't think that we are satisfied with what his friends like Santoro and Llodra have been saying about how he is dealing with this and what not cause I'm fer sure not.I really want him to say something as well because if it comes out of his mouth at least I know it's true and not some crap people made up.

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Well we can live without Head & Shoulders, honestly those quotes that came out of him especially "Richard Gasquet feels comfortable while shampooing" :lol: were pretty embarrassing. I hope this statement comes soon cause it's 6 in the morning here and I woke up to hear it/read it whatever ;).
Shampooing actually means shampoo in English, not shampooing. ;) so the quote was actually "Gasquet is comfortable with his shampoo" as in he likes using Head and Shoulders. ;)

that francophobia thing is ridiculous. :sobbing: I pray to God he does not use that as his defence! :o

Naina
05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
if the francophobia thing is true then maybe richie and his lawyers are all high on something:o. that would be the most ludicrous defence. EVER. :rolleyes:

I hate the way this stupid event is spiralling out of control. Every day a new rumor. :sad:

Keijan
05-14-2009, 04:57 PM
No news of his supposed released today statement :shrug: l'équipe will probably be the first to tell about it, if ever : http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/index.html

scmom
05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
well, here is my second post - and thanks for the welcome , case !
I see that it looks like no statement has been made today , but other than more affirmations of his innocence, I am not sure what Richard could have said today
Just would have been good to know he is ok

now , I have a question and a thought that I have not seen noted anywhere . Seems to me that as soon as Richard returned from Miami - he made a huge sweeping change in his support staff
Fired the trainer and the personal physician who was travelling with him to Indian Wells and Miami . Do you think this could be as a result of the testing - and be part of the defense?
Clearly , an athlete has the ultimate responsibility of what is going into his body , but if he was given bad advice - could this help him out.
I have done a bit of research on my computer into false positives from cocaine - and it seems that a couple of antibiotics can cause false positives for cocaine .
Perhaps he was taking one of those ?
From what I read those anti imflammatories , like Advil and Naproxen only produce false positives for marijuana - so that may not be much help to him in this case.

case
05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
i knew coke was in the air!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30741658

if it is in Madrid air it has to be in Miami air. Miami is just about the coke capitol of the world

now you might ask if gasquet breathed it and subsequently tested positively why didnt another player?
i would answer that not everyone breathes the same air. since gasquet went to a different part of Miami for the party.
my drift is that he was BREATHING cocaine. now if i could just convince the WADA people.

i especially liked the part where is said test levels were higher over the weekend. i also dont believe the part where it said that there isnt enough in the air to get an actual dose. tell that to people with lung problems or asthma from pollutants.

Cloudygirl
05-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Was it ever definite he would make a statement today or have L'equipe made that up too?

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm guessing they made it up :rolleyes: Cause it's getting late there and nothing has been said yet

Dini
05-14-2009, 06:08 PM
L'equipe :smash:

Keijan
05-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Someone was asking earlier about the 4 musqueteers documentary, and I found that it will continue with or without Richard. He hasn't spoken to them yet but they say they have a meeting with him next week and he will decide if he wants to continue or not. It seems he also was the most cooperative (?) of the four guys so it's tough for the Canal + guy. (how strange, I could have swore Gaël was the one enjoying himself the most with the camera)

http://www.tvmag.com/article/sport/44737/canal+-sans-le-mousquetaire-gasquet-.html?meId=3

reggie1
05-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks Marion :hug: I'm quite surprised Richie was so co-operative. I think he should carry on with it, hold his head high and show he has nothing to hide.
So no statement today then :sad:
Scmom, can you tell us about the times you have met Richard, to cheer us up a bit! We all need it. :bigcry:

Cin
05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
there's still no news today.

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I would really like for him to continue doing the documentary cause even if he isn't playing tennis it would be nice to know what he is up to :sad: but yeah I'm pretty sure that Gael was the one that seemed to have the most of fun in front of the camera :scratch: hmmmmm I can't belive stupid l'equipe told us he was speaking today :fiery:

C-B-R
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Doesnt look like anything will be heard from gasquet until the weekend by guess is .
btw ive ended up watching roddick .v. gasquet at wim seeing wont get to see him now

Tess Gray
05-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Well didn't l'Equipe say he wasn't going to speak out before thursday? So technically, they didn't say it would be on thursday...:shrug: I think we just all hoped he would finally talk to the press today:lol: maybe tomorrow, or over the weekend. Surely he has to speak sometime :p

*MJP*
05-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Whenever it comes, I would not expect much of that statememt anyway. The only likely consequences would be distorted versions and more speculations by the media.

I expect a minimum statement, legally carefully crafted, at best some hints in which direction the defence will go.

Absolutely agree. I think that thats the best way to go for him. I really really believe that he is innocent but he and his people need to be really careful about what they say, anything said to the media that can be taken the wrong way could be used against him later on in the trial. Id rather him say nothing at all at the moment if it means he's cleared or at the very worst cops a 3 month ban:o Its just sooo unfair:mad:!!! Tennis will simply not be the same without him:sad:

krn81
05-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Just before going to sleep i rode a nice article...

Well it looks like Lequipe again wrote stg wrong :o
http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/economie/entreprises/0,,4411373,00-les-sponsors-de-gasquet-dementent-l-avoir-lache-.html
They are talking of Lacoste and Head and shoulder and sponsoring; they just said it is on hold but not yet canceled. Playstation is the most supportive so far.
Anyway the most interesting is the end of the article:
L'entourage du sportif rappelait mercredi soir que Richard Gasquet n'avait, à cette heure, avancé aucune explication pour ce test positif et que "le temps de communiquer n'était pas venu".
The closed people around Gasquet said wednesday evening that Richard did not have, at this time, provided an explanation for this positive test and the "time to communicate is not arrived".
In summary we were waiting for nothing. The explanation can arrive tomorrow as in one month!!

I also rode somewhere (dont remember which newspaper tbh) that the council will be on 12nd of July.

Cin
05-14-2009, 08:52 PM
It's so hard to be a fan.
we can do nothing but wait. I dont like this situation although keep silence is probably the best choice for him.

Cloudygirl
05-14-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm not surprised, he would be daft to speak until he has built a case imo. It would be difficult for him but I would really like it if Richie stuck with the documentary.

Cin
05-14-2009, 08:59 PM
there's no need of a ban, just the stupid medias can kill him.

scmom
05-14-2009, 09:13 PM
reggie1
I would be happy to tell you about the times I have met Richard . He is a very handsome, sweet young man .
I have been around him on numerous occasions , over the course of 3 years going to the tournament at Indian Wells in California
My daughter and I make an annual mother / daughter trip out from our home in Los Angeles to that tournament .
By just a coincidence we would up staying at the same hotel as many of the players - most notably a large French and Spanish contingent
The first time we saw him was 3 years ago - and frankly , neither of us was very aware of him or his career. I had seen him on tv a few times, but
never really followed his career closely . I was at the time , more of a fan of Nadal and Safin , to be honest . And my daughter , was a huge Nadal fan .
So - we were not fully aware of Richard at all. But our first night at the hotel - we saw him eating dinner with an older couple. I later found out that the man was
his coach , Deblicker , and the older woman was most probably Deblicker's wife or companion.
Richard noticed my daughter right away - and was smiling at her , and making eye contact - but said nothing that night .
The next morning we were eating breakfast before the matches , and he was there again. This time with a group of young men , other players , not sure which ones ,
and it was very obvious that my daughter was the topic of conversation .They kept turning , looking at her and smiling - nudging him to go over and talk
So , he finally did . He introduced himself . My daughter is a chatty one - so she launched into a conversation and it became rather obvious that he did not understand what she
was saying . So he just sort of chimed in " my english not very good " Turned bright red, and said goodbye - going back to his friends - who proceeded to give him a good deal of grief and teasing over his failed attempt. That was day one - as it is a long story - over the course of a few years - should I go on ?

Cloudygirl
05-14-2009, 09:17 PM
reggie1
I would be happy to tell you about the times I have met Richard . He is a very handsome, sweet young man .
I have been around him on numerous occasions , over the course of 3 years going to the tournament at Indian Wells in California
My daughter and I make an annual mother / daughter trip out from our home in Los Angeles to that tournament .
By just a coincidence we would up staying at the same hotel as many of the players - most notably a large French and Spanish contingent
The first time we saw him was 3 years ago - and frankly , neither of us was very aware of him or his career. I had seen him on tv a few times, but
never really followed his career closely . I was at the time , more of a fan of Nadal and Safin , to be honest . And my daughter , was a huge Nadal fan .
So - we were not fully aware of Richard at all. But our first night at the hotel - we saw him eating dinner with an older couple. I later found out that the man was
his coach , Deblicker , and the older woman was most probably Deblicker's wife or companion.
Richard noticed my daughter right away - and was smiling at her , and making eye contact - but said nothing that night .
The next morning we were eating breakfast before the matches , and he was there again. This time with a group of young men , other players , not sure which ones ,
and it was very obvious that my daughter was the topic of conversation .They kept turning , looking at her and smiling - nudging him to go over and talk
So , he finally did . He introduced himself . My daughter is a chatty one - so she launched into a conversation and it became rather obvious that he did not understand what she
was saying . So he just sort of chimed in " my english not very good " Turned bright red, and said goodbye - going back to his friends - who proceeded to give him a good deal of grief and teasing over his failed attempt. That was day one - as it is a long story - over the course of a few years - should I go on ?

Please do I'm not Vicky (don't think she is online atm) but I am also very nosy.

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 09:20 PM
reggie1

Yes you should go on :lol: This is a good story ;)
How old is your daughter btw?

scmom
05-14-2009, 09:45 PM
ok - I will go on . My daughter is 18 - at the time of the first meeting she was 16 - but frankly , much to her dad's distress - she looks older. So I am fairly certain that Richard thought she was closer to his own age. He would have been 20 at the time . And I can pretty much say with certainty that she did not tell him just how young she was :)
We passed him a few other times at the hotel that year but other than brief hellos and an embarassed smile - they really did not make much contact
Deblicker seemed to be not too happy about the contact - he kept muttering about distractions - every time my daughter was around
She did watch him out at a practice court , but Deblicker hurried him away before they could chat
and we never saw one of his matches that year -
So she went home , not knowing too much about him , except that she thought he was really cute
and probably someone to look for in tournaments on tv
Well - did he turn up ! We were watching Wimbledon on tv and there he was- beating Andy Roddick
My daughter screamed out - that 's the boy from the hotel - mom - he is killing Andy Roddick !
we were so proud of him - That really was a beautiful match in the end.
So - fast forward to the spring - off to Indian Wells we go
wondering if he would be at the same hotel and remember her
Just in case, she tried to learn a few french phrases - just to start a conversation
and yep , there we are checking in to the hotel and who walks by ? That's right - Richard . We were in the lobby , going to meet some friends for dinner
and he was there .
He gave her one of those doubletake looks - you know when you realize you have met someone before and don't know quite what to do ?
So he watched us from a balcony out his room for a while - like he was trying to figure out who she was
and he finally made the connection - came back and spoke to her
saying that by the way , my english much better this time -
In their conversation she found out that he had a match early the next day - was turning in for the night - but hoped she would come and watch him play
so she did .
It was against Soderling - on one of the small outer courts at IW - and we had front row seats , right next to his coach
It was a rather contentious match - as many with Soderling turn out to be - and he was elated after his win
As he was leaving the court - she asked him if he would pose for a picture
he came running over , hugged her , motioned to me to take the picture -and so I did
It is a terrible picture - I don't know how such an attractive pair could look so wrong in a photo - but they do
He has the most sheepish grin on his face and she is in total shock - and also - well he was pretty sweaty - so hugging him at that moment
was probably not the most pleasant of sensations - but we have the picture - although she has since got a better one

Cloudygirl
05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
That is very sweet. We need more of the story ;)

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 09:55 PM
'He is killing Andy Roddick' :rolls: That is great! Awww yeah it is a very sweet story and yeah tell us more ;)

Dini
05-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Picture, picture, picture :bounce:

~*BGT*~
05-14-2009, 09:59 PM
That is so cute. :hearts: it pawns my little meeting with him. :lol:

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 10:05 PM
That is so cute. :hearts: it pawns my little meeting with him. :lol:

:lol: At least you met him! ;) I would have been able to go to see some of his matches at US Open last year but freaking Haas had to beat him in the first round :fiery:

Cin
05-14-2009, 10:13 PM
:lol: At least you met him! ;) I would have been able to go to see some of his matches at US Open last year but freaking Haas had to beat him in the first round :fiery:
At least he played.
Last year in Roland Garros, he withdrew at the last monment.
Then in Bercy, he withdrew again!!!:fiery:

scmom
05-14-2009, 10:15 PM
ok - after that match - we went on to see other matches , and he probably went to be interviewed , etc
whatever they do after the matches are over.
We did not see him again until very late that evening
We went to dinner outside the hotel and when we returned , he was sitting in the lobby bar
with some of his friends .Tsonga and Mahut , for sure . None of them were on the order of play for the following day - so they were just hanging out at the hotel together . This hotel has a dance club and bar in an atrium - and you have to walk through it to get to the rooms. When we passed by , they waved at my daughter -but , she just kept walking - because - ohmigod she was with her mom and that is so embarassing
Anyway - she did go back through to because she claimed she left her jacket in the car and needed it from the valet
Yeah , right - does she think I am really that stupid ?
I knew exactly what she was doing - she went right back to talk to him . And he apparently asked her to go dancing in the club - but , well , this is not Europe - and she had to admit that she could not get in a club in California as she was not yet 21 .
So she told me he wanted to know if " the maman was upset and would not let her be with him "
She says - no - it was just her age and that she could not get into a club with him , or he would get in big trouble. But everytime I saw him again he went out of his way to make sure that I was happy with his behavior He treated us with great respect . That is part of what impressed me so much about him - he was so thoughtful , not at all like some creep hitting on a young girl - he seemed to geniunely like her .
Anyway , they just talked there for a few minutes and he invited her to a photo shoot event he and Tsonga had to do the next day on the grounds for some french magazine
So she went to that - she said frankly she did not understand much of what was going on , that of course, all conversation was in French .
But he found her a good seat so she could see . He and Tsonga played a set of tennis as part of the shoot - then both had to change into clean shirts and take still shots -
She said the shirt change was hysterical - all these photographer , makeup people fussing over them
And he was flirting with her - posing like he had big muscles - flexing his biceps and laughing .
Then, as he had to practice and strategize for his match the next day - he got busy and they could not really do much else that day
So , he was first up on the court the next day - against Chela - said he had to leave for the tournament site early - but they had breakfast together in the coffee shop
before his match.
We saw him play Chela , it was on a bigger court - the security people were trying to get him away from the crowd - and he had a doubles match later that same day
so , they only had a brief good bye and hope to see you again before we had to leave to return to LA .

PinkFeatherBoa
05-14-2009, 10:16 PM
I was at both of those tournaments too, Cin. :( I'm so thankful I haven't booked to go to RG this year...would have been so disappointed, again.

Welcome around scmom. Lovely story. Nice to know that Richard doesn't always go for zee older women. ;)

Cloudygirl
05-14-2009, 10:17 PM
At least he played.
Last year in Roland Garros, he withdrew at the last monment.
Then in Bercy, he withdrew again!!!:fiery:

I'm worried none of us will ever see him play again :(

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Awww omg :awww: Richie is such a sweetheart :hearts:

and Tori don't say that :bigcry: :sad:

scmom
05-14-2009, 10:21 PM
The coffee shop thing was pretty funny from what I was told
Apparently , an older couple was seated next to them .The lady was reading an order of play and was all
excited to see Gasquet play -She was telling her husband all about him - how he beat Roddick at Wimbledon, how
he was a up and coming star , with a fabulous backhand

and she did not even realize she was sitting right next to him at a breakfast table
My daughter said this really amused Richard a good deal

Cin
05-14-2009, 10:22 PM
he was with Katia at that monment, wasn't he?
or they broke up in IW?

scmom
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
no - she is definitely not older - she would be about 4 years younger than he is
but , she is a blonde

Cin
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm worried none of us will ever see him play again :(

pls no!!!

when he plays, that's tennis.

I'm kind of regret that I didnt go to the tribune when he played with Verdasco.:sad:

PinkFeatherBoa
05-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Shush Tori, he'll be back!

scmom, that time in the coffee shop seems funny indeed, I always find it funny when people are talking about players, yet they don't even recognise that they're actually right by them. Especially when they are acting like they're an expert on that player. :lol:

Richard is a sweetheart indeed :awww: but then I think everyone here already knows that. ;)

scmom
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
He was not traveling with any girls at any time that I saw him over the three years at the tournament

now , this year I have to say , They had very little contact at all
He did pose for a picture one day and stopped to chat briefly , but was very busy
He played a match every day - either singles or doubles
We left on Monday - after the first weekend - so all those days when he had no matches because of the way the doubles draw worked out - we were not there
and from what I gather , Peyre is a very no nonsense fellow
We saw Richard at breakfast and dinner every day in the early part of the tournament - and he was never without Peyre's watchful eye on him
He was never just hanging out in the lobby or by the pool -
and , frankly , Indian Wells is not Miami in terms of nightlife - so there just are not that many places for a young man to go to get into trouble
most of the players just stay around their hotels

Cin
05-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I was at both of those tournaments too, Cin. :( I'm so thankful I haven't booked to go to RG this year...would have been so disappointed, again.

Welcome around scmom. Lovely story. Nice to know that Richard doesn't always go for zee older women. ;)
but I booked my trip to Roland Garros.
another tournament without Richard, maybe I already get used to that.:rolleyes:

Gretchen.
05-14-2009, 10:33 PM
he was with Katia at that monment, wasn't he?
or they broke up in IW?
who is Katia??

is there a pic of her somewhere?

Cloudygirl
05-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Shush Tori, he'll be back!

scmom, that time in the coffee shop seems funny indeed, I always find it funny when people are talking about players, yet they don't even recognise that they're actually right by them. Especially when there acting like they're an expert on that player. :lol:

Richard is a sweetheart indeed :awww: but then I think everyone here already knows that. ;)

that would be something that I would do because I am too vain to wear my glasses. I nearly walked into Llodra last year and it wasn't til he walked away I clicked it was him.

Cin
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
who is Katia??

is there a pic of her somewhere?

that was a gossip.
She is a WTA player(I dont think she is still playing), was with Richard from 2007 to 2008.
Katia's brother is Dementieva's fiance.

pic of Katia

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-02/27_7386015_1.jpg

Keijan
05-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks a lot scmom, this is such a cute story :D
It's also good to know that his English improved over the years :p:lol:
Welcome here :) I'm Marion :wavey:

Cin
05-14-2009, 10:42 PM
that would be something that I would do because I am too vain to wear my glasses. I nearly walked into Llodra last year and it wasn't til he walked away I clicked it was him.

these experiences are always funny.
Last year, I was on the same flight with Peer. we were standing in a line to wait for check in.Peer was next to me.
she looked familiar. I was thinking who was this girl,but had no answer.
then after few days, I watched a WTA match, then I knew that's Peer.:p

scmom
There was most definitely no girl traveling with Richard at IW
in 2008
His parents were there, as was Deblicker and a trainer - who has since been replaced , but I cannot remember his name
but no girlfriend in the group
This year there was Peyre and the doctor/ physio that was fired as soon as they returned from the States
no parents this time
and no girlfriend

Gretchen.
that was a gossip.
She is a WTA player(I dont think she is still playing), was with Richard from 2007 to 2008.
Katia's brother is Dementieva's fiance.

ooooh so she is Russian ;)
interesting....I wonder if they did date how they communicated :lol: maybe she spoke french who knows cause Richie's English might have gotten better but it still needs work :p
but thanks for letting me know :)

scmom
05-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone
good to find a group that is so supportive of Richard
My daughter is so saddened by the news of his troubles
even though this year they did not have much contact and she was very disappointed
she still likes him very much as a person and a player

and I am sure she would like to hang out with him again at some time in the future , if it worked out that way

Cin
05-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone
good to find a group that is so supportive of Richard
My daughter is so saddened by the news of his troubles
even though this year they did not have much contact and she was very disappointed
she still likes him very much as a person and a player

and I am sure she would like to hang out with him again at some time in the future , if it worked out that way

welcome, although I'm new here too:p

Let's be optimistic.
I believe that Gasquetaires and Richard can get through.:)

scmom
05-14-2009, 10:49 PM
ok - got a lot of work to do around here today
will check back in another time and see if there is any news of Richard
hoping for good news !