Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!! [Archive] - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Vlad1980
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I am not convinced. He is so up and down, working hard in some exchanges and not moving in the next.

Am I dreaming or is the serve getting better?

I don't think so. He is clearly bothered and this match reminds me from when he played at 2005 US Open with injured elbow. He has similar serve action.

If he was just tired, he would go for a lot more if he could. Perhaps it is both his elbow and he is a bit tired.

Cloudygirl
04-30-2009, 07:39 PM
He is looking physically ok as in movement. Just not the arm

Cloudygirl
04-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh dear I am going loopy the crowd are shouting Richard and for a second I thought they were saying retard and I was thinking well thats a bit rude. oops lol.

Vlad1980
04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Actually, this match is showing me a lot. It is showing me that Richard can hang with players like Verdasco from baseline with no help of serve at all.. Frankly, lately a lot of players have been pushing him around from baseline and this last 2 matches, he has shown much improved forehand and at times amazing backhand. If he continues to play this way (after healing whatever is bothering him), he could once again start threatening top player. Of course, before that, he really needs to address his injures.

~*BGT*~
04-30-2009, 07:47 PM
:sad:

Cloudygirl
04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Actually, this match is showing me a lot. It is showing me that Richard can hang with players like Verdasco from baseline with no help of serve at all.. Frankly, lately a lot of players have been pushing him around from baseline and this last 2 matches, he has shown much improved forehand and at times amazing backhand. If he continues to play this way (after healing whatever is bothering him), he could once again start threatening top player. Of course, before that, he really needs to address his injures.

Agreed he has been good from the baseline his shots have been deep even when they have lacked pace. With a serve and injury free he will be very dangerous. He didn't look too tired either and he looked like he cared.

I'm sure he will get pasted in GM but I am impressed with him this week. Good clay movement going on and he has been fab at the net.

Davodus
04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
not a bad showing considering the serve wasn't there due to the injury
and in general not a bad tournament...i'm liking how he is hitting his forehand
keep it up next tournament richard :yeah:

but-it's-ok
04-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I think Ritchie did the absolute maximum he could this week,given the way the scheduling fell for him,and the injury. When the arm problems are sorted out,I am sure Richard will continue to express his best tennis;)

Well done this week Ritchie:yeah:

Puschkin
04-30-2009, 07:51 PM
So we take the defeat in optimistic spirits. However, Verdasco was takeable today. :banghead:

Schu
04-30-2009, 07:52 PM
:bigcry::bigcry: He missed a big chance tonight...When is he going to catch a break with his nagging injuries and tournament schedules. I hope the shoulder hasn't just moved to the elbow.

Forehand looked good with more depth. But I'm getting pissed at his ever increasing drifting WAAAY behind the baseline.

Take care of the arm RIchie. and hope to see you back on the court, FULLY recovered very soon.

amdany
04-30-2009, 07:53 PM
never thought I'd pop in here one day but here I am :p, Richie will fly from Rome to Paris with his mom tomorrow; his father called me this afternoon (I'm a traveller agent) to book their tickets so I guess he "knew" he was going to lose...because of injury or something...

PinkFeatherBoa
04-30-2009, 07:56 PM
You lot have summed it up pretty well. His ground game is looking good and now he will just have to address this arm problem :awww: and hopefully things will go pretty well this clay season.

Good tournament overall, Richard. Please be completely fit soon!

lamnathalie
04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Just by looking at their stats, there isn't much difference between them. Richie :hug:

Cloudygirl
04-30-2009, 07:58 PM
never thought I'd pop in here one day but here I am :p, Richie will fly from Rome to Paris with his mom tomorrow; his father called me this afternoon (I'm a traveller agent) to book their tickets so I guess he "knew" he was going to lose...because of injury or something...

Interesting

Hi btw I've seen you posting in Gael's forum.

tennis lover
04-30-2009, 08:01 PM
:awww: such a shame. Hopefully the arm was just hurting from playing 3 matches in 2 days and is nothing more serious than that.

amdany
04-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Interesting

Hi btw I've seen you posting in Gael's forum.

yep and I've seen you too on Andy's forum too right?

Cloudygirl
04-30-2009, 08:12 PM
yep and I've seen you too on Andy's forum too right?

Murray? - yep

Roddick - def not ;)

amdany
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Murray? - yep

Roddick - def not ;)

ofc I meant Murray;)

Cloudygirl
04-30-2009, 08:37 PM
ofc I meant Murray;)

Yeah that would be me I think he is fab, even though he gets no love in here. He is kind of my number 4 player or number 3 when Nalby is really pissing me off.

amandita
04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
one loss is always bad, but i really think richard tried to do his best. but that's awful because when the things are getting better, he starts to win matches in a row and then he gets injured and lose.:sad:

amandita
04-30-2009, 09:30 PM
girls,i'm a little bit new here and i have one question about this forum,specifically some tools i don't know how to use and really would appreciate if someone can answer me.i don't understand the meaning of credits that in my case are 642.71. what should i do about that?:confused:

Aurelien
04-30-2009, 09:47 PM
girls,i'm a little bit new here and i have one question about this forum,specifically some tools i don't know how to use and really would appreciate if someone can answer me.i don't understand the meaning of credits that in my case are 642.71. what should i do about that?:confused:

You can use those credits to make some virtual bets (see the vbookie), I'm not really sure if they can be used for other purposes.

This clay season is turning out to be another horrible season for the french tennis : once again, we don't have a single player that could pretend to win RG.
However if Tsonga and Richie are fit for the lawn season, my hopes will be high

amandita
04-30-2009, 10:08 PM
You can use those credits to make some virtual bets (see the vbookie), I'm not really sure if they can be used for other purposes.

This clay season is turning out to be another horrible season for the french tennis : once again, we don't have a single player that could pretend to win RG.
However if Tsonga and Richie are fit for the lawn season, my hopes will be high

thanks, Aurelien.:)

Naina
05-01-2009, 04:18 AM
I thought this was Richard's best match in quite a while especially the first set:D. His backhand looked clean and strong and most of his shots were very deep lengthwise. Even the forehand looks less shaky. Hope he gets rid of whatever is niggling his shoulder so he can add his serve back to his game.
His backhand is by FAR the most elegant and amazing shot in tennis:worship:

~*BGT*~
05-01-2009, 05:34 AM
OK, TTC is replaying the entire match from the beginning. They're still in the first set, but Richard is playing so well! This is making me happy and hopeful. :D

Davodus
05-01-2009, 05:54 AM
yeah it is definitely one of those 'positive losses' that we can attribute to something external...in this case the arm injury that stopped him from serving well, rather than him not caring, or bad form etc.

Lets hope for a good clay season after this now :rocker2:

Puschkin
05-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Assuming it was a flexible ticket this means less than it seems. But thanks for visiting us. :wavey:

reggie1
05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I watched the match last night and thought he played so differently this time against Nando to how he played against him in Indian Wells, it really was like watching a different player. You could sense that he had real self belief this time and did not just give up, like I think he does sometimes. I was impressed with his clay court game, it's not half as bad as some people say it is imo (but then tbh, I haven't seen many of his matches on clay!) but he has achieved more than I expected of him on this surface. I think this tournie has been a positive step in the right direction. Nice to know his Mum was with him, probably no messing about with booze, birds and nightclubs this time :lol:. Maryse needs to travel with him more often ;)

Davodus
05-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Assuming it was a flexible ticket this means less than it seems. But thanks for visiting us. :wavey:

my understanding is that tennis players often have flights ready for the next day incase they lose, so they have the option of leaving straight away without hassle, so i don't think it means much ;) :)

Schu
05-01-2009, 01:31 PM
OK, TTC is replaying the entire match from the beginning. They're still in the first set, but Richard is playing so well! This is making me happy and hopeful. :D

I watched the replay last night until 5-5 as I did some work and the second time around (on a big screen, instead of a small laptop monitor)I was even more impressed! He really did play well and was positive and despite my bitching about getting caught too far back he actually tried to maintain his aggressive positiong at least through that point.

But I also noticed that early on in the set he was rubbing his arm and grimicing and looking worried - they focused on his cute face often. And then at about 4-4 he did a fist pump after a big point and he sort of stopped in mid pump with an "ouch" look on his face.

And yes Vicki, mom needs to travel with that boy more often if she helps at all with the positive attitude which was very encouraging - not to mention overseeing his "training" after hours.

I hope this positive movement doesn't get derailed again by another injury.

lisaplenske
05-01-2009, 03:25 PM
yes positive matchs from richard in rome. He was very good against verdasco and the most pleasant thing is that he played the best tennis on clay since a very long time.
The only negative thing was his body,he's too much injury prone.And that's quite annoying.
He's on the good way so yes good news.

Truc
05-01-2009, 06:00 PM
He's out of Estoril.

tufani
05-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Elbow tendinitis is the official reason. :sad:

Puschkin
05-01-2009, 06:26 PM
He's out of Estoril.
I expected that. Besides, not much to win for him there, pointwise.

but-it's-ok
05-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I feared he'd withdraw:sad::sad::sad: But all things considered its probably for the best.

I hope the tendinitis is treated effectively so that Ritchie can be back on court soon-fully fit.

Gretchen.
05-01-2009, 06:30 PM
:sobbing: Well at least he isn't forcing it

Cloudygirl
05-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Good I think he had a chance of a good result but not worth the long term injury. YOu could see he was having injury problems in the second set so i think it is sensible.

Schu
05-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Smart thing to do. Too bad cuz I think he had a chance to do well there, he was starting to build some momentum and BAM - another little injury. It is worriesome that he can't play 3 three matches without injury, what gives?

Hope it's just precautionary and he can make it through a DEEP run in Madrid AND RG with NO more aches and pains.

richie21
05-01-2009, 09:29 PM
yes positive matchs from richard in rome. He was very good against verdasco and the most pleasant thing is that he played the best tennis on clay since a very long time.
The only negative thing was his body,he's too much injury prone.And that's quite annoying.
He's on the good way so yes good news.

I pray God you're right.....but weren't we saying the same thing after his positive loss against Gonzalez in the last AO??

~*BGT*~
05-02-2009, 05:14 AM
^^ Not everyone. :o

Davodus
05-02-2009, 07:29 AM
good choice to not play, there wasn't really a chance to gain a lot of points so he would have just done his injury worse

week off matches, i would assume he will be fine the following week

reggie1
05-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Rest well Richard and we look forward to your next tournie.

tufani
05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
He's out of Madrid as well. :sad:

Davodus
05-08-2009, 01:16 PM
that's a shame :(
he has no luck! hopefully he is ok for RG :speakles:

marina36
05-08-2009, 01:56 PM
:( :(
He is very very unlucky... I thought he could play well in Madrid... And I was sure that he will be ok... I'm surprised... :(

Puschkin
05-08-2009, 02:32 PM
What is the source?

Jozie
05-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Source?

Truc
05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
The Player's Zone, it's sure, he has already pulled out.

Main Draw:
OUT: Gasquet, Gonzalez, Monfils, Tursunov (and Moya, Santoro, Gicquel, Nieminen, C.Rochus, Clement from ALT)
IN: Tipsarevic, Querrey, Serra, Granollers
NEXT: Vassallo-Arguello, Chela, Schwank, Sela, Monaco, Youzhny

Puschkin
05-08-2009, 02:38 PM
The Player's Zone, it's sure, he has already pulled out.

:confused: What is the players zone?

Don't ask me how I feel.

Gretchen.
05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
:confused: What is the players zone?

Don't ask me how I feel.

Go here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=140925

:sobbing: :sobbing:

Jozie
05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
http://www.livetennis.it/post/17590/masters-1000-madrid-forfait-di-richard-gasquet-out-anche-monfils-gonzalez-e-tursunov

This is all I can find on the net.

Puschkin
05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Go here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=140925
Thanks, meanwhile I have seen it, too. But when it was first posted here, the list did not reflect it.

:banghead: I hate injuries. I am frustrated.

Gretchen.
05-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks, meanwhile I have seen it, too. But when it was first posted here, the list did not reflect it.

:banghead: I hate injuries. I am frustrated.

I am frustrated as well :mad: He is going to go into RG with only 3 clay court matches under his belt....well that is if he plays RG. It's like he is cursed for the clay court season.

Puschkin
05-08-2009, 03:02 PM
He simply gets no rythm in this year. And whenever one feels, he is on a good path, an injury strikes, it is so unlucky.

Schu
05-08-2009, 03:47 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Talk about frustration!! Everytime he starts to "feel it" he gets an injury. THere has to be SOMEONE who can help him work on preventing these injuries.

SOmehow I think he's not gonna play RG either - I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong but he will either still be hurting OR with only 3 matches on clay 3 weeks before RG, i hate to say it :tape:, but be afraid to play in front of his home crowd with no preparation and claim he is still injured.

Naina
05-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Poor Richie:hug:. He must be so annoyed. I was really looking forward to him playing in Madrid. I really hope he doesnt pull out of RG. I have sorely missed him this year :sad:

Puschkin
05-08-2009, 04:34 PM
SOmehow I think he's not gonna play RG either - I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong but he will either still be hurting OR with only 3 matches on clay 3 weeks before RG, i hate to say it :tape:, but be afraid to play in front of his home crowd with no preparation and claim he is still injured.

I think he will play RG this year at any price. And strangely enough, I feel he will do better than many expect.

My way of dealing with frustration. ;)

marina36
05-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Everytime he starts to "feel it" he gets an injury.

Yes, it's so frustrating... :mad:
I'm always optimist but now, I'm worried about Roland Garros... I think he will play RG but he won't have a good preparation...

Schu
05-08-2009, 05:24 PM
And strangely enough, I feel he will do better than many expect.

Hope he takes the same attitude. And actually it's probably true. First of all, few expect him to even play so if he just shows up, he's already exceeded the expectations of many and most of the rest can't imagine him winning more than a round so he really has nothing to loose.

I have a question about ranking points under the new rules. If a player does not play a Masters can they subsitute points from another tournament? Not that RIchie has many other tournaments to substitute but last year DelPotro zoomed up the rankings by winning a lot of "Mickey Mouse" tournamnets because he didn't get in the Masters tourneys. Or can they only substitue if they don't make the cut in the Masters?

HE just BETTER be 150% for the long grass season...

Davodus
05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I think he will play RG this year at any price. And strangely enough, I feel he will do better than many expect.

i have the same feeling exactly :p

perhaps for the same reasons, too :lol:

tennis lover
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
This is so disappointing, poor Richard. :awww: I hope this is just a precaution to try to avoid having to pull out of RG.

Cloudygirl
05-08-2009, 09:03 PM
i have the same feeling exactly :p

perhaps for the same reasons, too :lol:

me too

I am hoping. Please let him be injured and not bottling RG. He can't afford to miss another slam.

amandita
05-08-2009, 10:41 PM

I agree, Puschkin. and i think that was the main reason that made him pull out of madrid. to play at RG now is much more important than any other tournament. this situation looks a lot like davis cup this year- he was injured but he participated. and not to force his elbow, shoulder until RG probably is the best decision.

reggie1
05-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh, no Madrid for him then, such a shame. I hope he plays RG to prove everybody wrong. I actually think he will play.

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh, no Madrid for him then, such a shame. I hope he plays RG to prove everybody wrong. I actually think he will play.

I hope he plays and wins. That would make my year.

Renaud
05-09-2009, 12:59 PM
In l' Equipe today: "My shoulder and my elbow hurt, it's always the same..."
Nothing more since journalists could not join Peyre and Hagelauer wasn't even aware of his wthdrawal.

Puschkin
05-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Seems as if he is rather frustrated himself.

Schu
05-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Nothing more since journalists could not join Peyre and Hagelauer wasn't even aware of his wthdrawal.

:sad: He does sound frustrated.

reggie1
05-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I must admit I know very little about injuries but are the rest of you confident that he has the right team around him, looking after him and all of these niggling problems that he seems to be plagued with? It doesn't sound as though they are career threatening but they are enough to make him have to withdraw from a lot of tournies atm. I just wondered if it's because he needs to be monitored/looked after/treated more? I don't follow many other players besides Richard and Jo and Richie always seems to be having something wrong with him lately, it's so sad.

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 05:50 PM
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/77917/richard-gasquet-controle-positif/

gotta post it here but really hope it is just a rumour. If it isn't, he really is an idiot

Renaud
05-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Looks like it is not.... So it was not only cigarettes... Fuck X 1000000000000

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 05:56 PM
If it's true, holy crap am I in shock.....how feckin stupid do you have to be.....ughhh please let it be a rumor :fiery: :sobbing:

marina36
05-09-2009, 05:58 PM
:eek::eek::eek:
I wait the confirmation but I'm really surprised! :eek:

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I hope it is weed if it is. Will be really pissed off with him if it is coke.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
It's on L'equipe now :sad:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090509_195949_gasquet-positif-a-la-cocaine.html

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Interesting to see how he responds to this one.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 06:11 PM
It says in the article that he doesn't wanna talk about it right now and TEAM Legardare will give a press conference tomorrow :sad:
But it says that he has tested positive for cocaine and a two year ban could be his punishment :sobbing:

Keijan
05-09-2009, 06:11 PM
He's saying he never took cocaine willingly, (d'un autre côté il va pas aller admettre qu'il se shoote en soirée si c'est le cas) so I guess it could be someone putting it in his glass or something. L'equipe is speaking about two years of suspension if the counter-expertise says the same. Anyway he's doing capillary tests now to proove he's not a regular consumer.

Fuck....

Dini
05-09-2009, 06:16 PM
My miserable day continues to be miserable. I feel like crying now.

Herdwick
05-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't want to believe this - have been frantically scouring the French press. How could he be so stupid?

krn81
05-09-2009, 06:22 PM
I got :eek: by the news.
In the RMC article, it looks he got also surprised.
I dont know if he tooks intentionally or not (and if this rumour is true) but if he did it intentionally, he is stupid with all anti doping tests they have to face.
Probably tomorrow, the lagardere team will make a press conference, we will know more.
He can face 2 years suspension but if he is not regular "user", it looks he can face only 3 months suspension.

icedevil0289
05-09-2009, 06:22 PM
hey all. Here's a :hug: from me to everyone. I just heard about the news. :sad:

mayagaller
05-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Merde ! :(

PinkFeatherBoa
05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Wait, what?

I come here to see about why he's missing Madrid and now this...:eek:

Oh Richard.

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't know much about drug testing can he prove that he doesn't take regularly. Is that a low amount?

I suppose hair strand tests might prove something.

Even if it happened to be an error he will def miss RG won't he, fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

Naina
05-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Stupid Stupid richie:smash:. Please let this be not a two year ban :sad:
I am shocked, really I am. I hope he can prove he isnt a regular user.

Naina
05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't know much about drug testing can he prove that he doesn't take regularly. Is that a low amount?

I suppose hair strand tests might prove something.

Even if it happened to be an error he will def miss RG won't he, fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

Doesnt a smple B has to test positive or something if I remember from puerta's case??? This is terrible :sad:

lamnathalie
05-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh no, this can't be true...:sad:

Keijan
05-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I think that if the B tests negative, it would mean it was an error and he won't have any problems. If it's positive, he'll be suspended between 3 months and two years, they don't know yet. And if his hair reveal that he's a regular consumer, he'll get suspended for 2 years or more. That's my guess but if anyone can tell us more...

I'm in serious shock tbh

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I just read this:eek::eek: Not Richard,nooooooooo way:tears: It cant be true:sad::sad:

Naina
05-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Found this on Craig Hickman's Tennis blog. He edited and translated reports from media:

French tennis player Richard Gasquet tested positive for a prohibited substance during a check carried out at the M1000 Miami Masters in late March. The news has been confirmed by an official of the French Tennis Federation. Sample A showed traces of a substance banned by the World Anti Doping Code in competition. The substance falls under the category of recreational, cocaine or cannabis.
Since this is a first offense the penalty is "only" a three month suspension. The audit was conducted by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

I sure hope it is just that. the idea of a two year ban is scaring me.

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I think that if the B tests negative, it would mean it was an error and he won't have any problems. If it's positive, he'll be suspended between 3 months and two years, they don't know yet. And if his hair reveal that he's a regular consumer, he'll get suspended for 2 years or more. That's my guess but if anyone can tell us more...

I'm in serious shock tbh

me too. I mean I know he isn't always the greatest communicator and he seems to waste his talent a bit but I just can't believe he would be that dumb. He doesn't seem that type that would ever want the level of media attention (and the shame) that a positive drugs test would cause so I just cant believe he would be that daft.

Fingers crossed re his B sample. Any ideas when they will know?

Stephie Cesc
I'm shocked :eek: Please tell me that this is not true :shrug:

Cloudygirl
Found this on Craig Hickman's Tennis blog. He edited and translated reports from media:

French tennis player Richard Gasquet tested positive for a prohibited substance during a check carried out at the M1000 Miami Masters in late March. The news has been confirmed by an official of the French Tennis Federation. Sample A showed traces of a substance banned by the World Anti Doping Code in competition. The substance falls under the category of recreational, cocaine or cannabis.
Since this is a first offense the penalty is "only" a three month suspension. The audit was conducted by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

I sure hope it is just that. the idea of a two year ban is scaring me.

Hingis was a first offence and she gota 2 year ban.

lisaplenske
05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I m chocked.Totally chocked.

Richard doped on cocaine,that was the last thing I could ever imagine about him. Too bad joke but apparently its serious.
OMG why richard?
prefer not say anything for now cause I wait him to explain the thing.

Billabong
05-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Ouch:eek:

soulage
05-09-2009, 07:09 PM
It's not that which will help him to be happy in life & in tennis.

How many days for the B test ?

krn81
05-09-2009, 07:20 PM
i am also shocked.
It is everywhere on french press now. But they all link on RMC or lequipe source.
It looks he said he did not take it intentionally, but I am wondering how he can defend himself.
But could it possible that it came from medicines he took when he had pained?
Anyway someone (fft, lagardere or him) will have to talk in the next days...

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I am still in shock:tears: I cant believe a thing like this could happen to Ritchie..I cant ever think of him and any kind of drugs..even recreational..this just cant be happening..I don't wanna pass judgement on him..he's innocent until he can be proven guilty beyond all doubt..OMG..

Meanwhile:hug::hug::hug::hug:for all of us.

Schu
05-09-2009, 07:31 PM
:eek: Say it ain't so Richie!!

If it's 2 years, then it's bye, bye Richie. A 3 month ban might actually be a blessing - get his body repaired. I don't think players should be banned for recreational drugs but that's the rules.

Where was his head? Guess the same place it is during some of his matches.

He needs support now more than EVER but it's gonna be a lot tougher road for him now no matter what the final test results show. It's gonna be 'ard for him to explain this one away and even if it was from drugs he took for injuries he will be labeled forever and have yet another burden to carry with him.

SHIT!!!!!!

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 07:37 PM
http://www.stardetox.com/false-positive.html just hoping

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 07:42 PM
http://www.stardetox.com/false-positive.html just hoping

So he either has to have Kidney infection,Liver infection,Diabetes,Amoxicillin from tonic water

jesus christ :o

PinkFeatherBoa
05-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't know what to think. Seriously dumbfounded; I think the quote of Papa Francis is apt for how I feel; "tombé des nues".

off topic but I hadn't been missing the words of Papa Gasquet lately, still obviously he had to speak on this.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't know what to think. Seriously dumbfounded; I think the quote of Papa Francis is apt for how I feel; "tombé des nues".

off topic but I hadn't been missing the words of Papa Gasquet lately, still obviously he had to speak on this.

where did he speak on it?? do you have a link? oh btw i think your avatar fits this situation perfectly

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM

what does that mean?

Even if he did it it's not like he has murdered anyone or anything I actually want to smack him but at the same time give him the best and biggest hug in the entire world right now. He must be feeling like absolute shit.

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 08:00 PM
what does that mean?

Even if he did it it's not like he has murdered anyone or anything I actually want to smack him but at the same time give him the best and biggest hug in the entire world right now. He must be feeling like absolute shit.

So do I Tori,he must be so frightened:tears::tears:

tufani
05-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Oh my God!! I'm absolutely shocked, as all of us are... :eek: :sad:

Who knows when the sample B test results will be out? If there is a small chance that this is a mistake... I don't know what to think right now.

krn81
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
"tombé des nus" means :eek::eek:
in words completely surprised, shocked, lost your words that the news you got was unexpected...
somehow, it is same feeling that when you rode the news that Richie was positive to cocaine...

PinkFeatherBoa
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
where did he speak on it?? do you have a link? oh btw i think your avatar fits this situation perfectly

http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/77917/richard-gasquet-controle-positif/

From the bottom of the original article on RMC...

Yes, alas it does.

what does that mean?

It's similar to how we would say "out of the blue" , just completely unexpected and he was caught off guard/flabbergasted, I believe (native speakers please correct me if wrong).

As to the rest of your post, of course I feel the same.

Schu
05-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm really bumbed!!!

And yes Tori he probably does fell like a really stupid shit and needs more support than ever right now. I too would like to give him a giant hug and wish he finds peace in his life where ever that may be.

Bad week for my boys - first Nalbandian to undergo hip surgery and now Richie!

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 08:10 PM
So do I Tori,he must be so frightened:tears::tears:

Yup think of the media coverage. Even if his B sample comes back negative tomorrow or the article ended up being false the stigma will stick.

We all do stupid things. Hell I'm not admitting to them on an internet forum but I've done some pretty stupid things when I was younger but I haven't been under intense media scruitiny since the age of 9. Good job really. I hate to think what would have been in the papers ;)

I'm sure Richie doesn't read this, but if he does rest assured I am sending hugs and good wishes.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
This is what cocaine can do to people :sad:....for some disgusting reason it explains a lot

"In addition to irritability, mood disturbances, restlessness, paranoia, and auditory hallucinations, cocaine use can cause several dangerous physical conditions. It can lead to disturbances in heart rhythm and heart attacks, as well as chest pains or even respiratory failure. In addition, strokes, seizures and headaches are common in heavy users.
Cocaine can often cause reduced food intake, many chronic users lose their appetite and can experience severe malnutrition and significant weight loss."

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Some people can take it with no ill effects at all though. I have a really good friend who takes recreational drugs regularly on weekends and you wouldn't know it to look at him at all, or in his behaviour. I know when he has taken something but am prob in the minority of even realising.

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Thats what I was gonna say Tori,re the media coverage. Christ they'll be crucifying him before the B sample test comes back,I wish they'd have held back:tears::tears: Either way they aren't gonna leave him alone now:tears::tears: Ritchie:hug::hug:

Its very frightening indeed what cocaine can do..

Puschkin
05-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I can't imagine him taking it regularly and playing professional tennis at the same time. If confirmed, it was probably a single event. I decided to wait and hear what he or those around him will have to say about it before I form an opinion.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Well cleared or not he will miss RG for sure and the press will be absolutely on him like a pack of dogs and I bet half of France already hates him by now :sobbing: :sobbing: I just can't believe that this is happening right now

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Just because its in the papers NOW people are too quick to jump to conclusions:fiery: The build em up knock em down,or kick em when they're down in the media is something I despise:(:( I feel heartbroken for him.

mayagaller
05-09-2009, 08:26 PM
:hug::hug::hug: to everybody, especially Richie, he'll need a lot of support.

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Anyone know how high a postive that sample is? I was googling to see how much hingis had in her sample but can't find anything. It doesn't actually sound like much to me but then I don't really know about it. Are ban lengths standard now or discretionary and who decides, the atp or the people responsible for drugs testing?

Just because its in the papers NOW people are too quick to jump to conclusions:fiery: The build em up knock em down,or kick em when they're down in the media is something I despise:(:( I feel heartbroken for him.

me too.

krn81
05-09-2009, 08:30 PM
whatever the conclusions will be, it is too late. Imagine (and hope also) test B is negative, and everything is confirmed before RG, how can he play there? he is already not confortable to play in France but this news popping up 2 weeks before is the worst could happen to him. French media will be always suspicious with him.
If he is positive, and suspended, i am sure we will not see him played lot of times in France afterwards, between french spectators and french media; it will be a nightmare for him.
wait and see tomorrow, we should got some additional informations.

Schu
05-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Yup think of the media coverage. Even if his B sample comes back negative tomorrow or the article ended up being false the stigma will stick.

We all do stupid things. Hell I'm not admitting to them on an internet forum but I've done some pretty stupid things when I was younger but I haven't been under intense media scruitiny since the age of 9. Good job really. I hate to think what would have been in the papers ;)

I'm sure Richie doesn't read this, but if he does rest assured I am sending hugs and good wishes.

I Just hope those who cast their stones look back on their own life - I don't know many who make it to about age 25 without doing a few REALLY dumb things. It is just too bad that the stupid things he does are plastered everywhere for all to criticize. Life in a fishbowl isn't easy.

I think it's time for me to do a little "feel good" shopping - out comes the credit card again. Bye all. Hope I wake up tomorrow and find this was all a bad dream...(I'm sure so does Richie)

Puschkin
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
If he is positive, and suspended, i am sure we will not see him played lot of times in France afterwards......
Vienna is in the same week as Lyon this year.:p

krn81
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Anyone know how high a postive that sample is?
He had 1.46mg, the limit is 0.5.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090509_195949_gasquet-positif-a-la-cocaine.html

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I Just hope those who cast their stones look back on their own life - I don't know many who make it to about age 25 without doing a few REALLY dumb things. It is just too bad that the stupid things he does are plastered everywhere for all to criticize. Life in a fishbowl isn't easy.

I think it's time for me to do a little "feel good" shopping - out comes the credit card again. Bye all. Hope I wake up tomorrow and find this was all a bad dream...(I'm sure so does Richie)

Yup.agree;)

Take care:hug: I wish I could wake up tomorrow and find it was a bad dream..sadly its not:tears::tears:

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
He had 1.46mg, the limit is 0.5.

Noooooo:sobbing::sobbing::tears::tears:

krn81
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Vienna is in the same week as Lyon this year.:p
Oh I saw that and it could be good if Gilles and Richard decide to play in Vienna and not in Lyon this year ;)
(btw France and Austria will probably not faced each others in September)

~*BGT*~
05-09-2009, 08:50 PM
OMG, I saw a thread on this on my other forum and jumped here to make sure it wasn't a hoax. :eek: This is absolutely devastating to hear. I am so shocked. If this was an accident, then I hope he can put this behind him. If the results show him to be a habitual user.... he's a tortured soul. I wouldn't be too surprised then. :sad:

It says in the article that he doesn't wanna talk about it right now and TEAM Legardare will give a press conference tomorrow :sad:
But it says that he has tested positive for cocaine and a two year ban could be his punishment :sobbing:

I don't think I could handle two years. :sobbing:

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 08:52 PM
This is why they count cocaine as a drug that could help his performance

Wadler, who used to be the U.S. Open's head doctor, said that although cocaine is generally not thought of as a performance-enhancing drug, it theoretically could help.

"The acute effects of cocaine probably, overall, would impair and not enhance performance. But within a two-hour window, you may actually have some enhancement -- overcoming fatigue, reaction time, and so on," said Wadler, an associate professor of medicine at New York University and a member of the World Anti-Doping Agency.

~*BGT*~
05-09-2009, 08:54 PM
^^ I don't see him winning any five set matches though. :o

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 08:59 PM
call me a gloomy sod but he wouldn't come back after 2 years, no way. If he is gone he is gone imo. Heres hoping it is a hoax or crap sample. Has it definitely been confirmed by wada or anyone yet? The press conference tomorrow will be very interesting.

He tested postive in miami where he didn't even play. I wonder when he was tested last before that.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 08:59 PM
^^ I don't see him winning any five set matches though. :o

I know he gets tired by the third set, I understand they could take this into serious consideration if he had won a masters or all of a sudden was beating everybody but his results haven't really changed in a year...

Getta
05-09-2009, 09:00 PM
He will come out of it stronger than ever.

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Its gonna be a massive test of his character. Lets hope anyone who means anything to Ritchie stands firmly by him like we all do here;)

Jozie
05-09-2009, 09:05 PM
:speakles:
Injury after injury and now COCAINE, when on earth is this nightmare ever going to end.
:sobbing:
I mean, he just needs so much support right now.

Dini
05-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Injury after injury and now COCAINE, when on earth is this nightmare ever going to end.
I mean, he just needs so much support right now.

I so agree. Even if he did take it intentionally, he is only human. Humans make small mistakes, big mistakes, repetitive mistakes and stupid mistakes like this one.

I feel like giving him a hug right now :awww: even though I'm really pissed at what he allegedly did.

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm 100% behind him whether he has done it or not. As I said I was probably over it by the age of 22/23 but I was a complete idiot between the ages of 18-21.

He is still a lovely and talented guy whether or not he is also an idiot.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Tori I'm behind him as well, he's been through so much you just can't blame him for finally cracking under the pressure and I just hope whatever happens he ends up happy and does whatever he wants cause honestly most of the time I feel like he doesn't wanna be a professional athlete and would rather be doing something else.

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Tori I'm behind him as well, he's been through so much you just can't blame him for finally cracking under the pressure and I just hope whatever happens he ends up happy and does whatever he wants cause honestly most of the time I feel like he doesn't wanna be a professional athlete and would rather be doing something else.

Richie if you fancy doing something else there is a job opening as my personal slave (just so you know ;)

sorry trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Jozie
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Sadly though he also supports a foundation that helps adolescents struggle to find their place in society and who lack confidence. I little bit of irony I would suggest. :confused:

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Richie if you fancy doing something else there is a job opening as my personal slave (just so you know ;)

sorry trying to lighten the mood a bit.

:lol: You would have to share him with me ;)

but yeah we have to try our best to remain positive and just wait for tomorrow to find out more on this....

Dini
05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
:lol: You would have to share him with me ;)

but yeah we have to try our best to remain positive and just wait for tomorrow to find out more on this....

True that, but I can't help feeling a bit anxious at the fact that I may never see that BH live again. :awww: :sobbing:

Pressure is a bitch.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
True that, but I can't help feeling a bit anxious at the fact that I may never see that BH live again. :awww: :sobbing:

Pressure is a bitch.

NOOOOOO! :sobbing: :sobbing: Don't say that :sad:

We will see it live again......

It really is....I can't wait till tomorrow :mad:

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I was just reading up on false positives for cocaine and found that one of the meds I take is one lol. I'm not planning on taking any drug tests anyway but just for the record i have never done coke.

Pressure is a bitch.

just don't I am worried about this. I want to be a supportive fan and say if tennis doesn't cut it for him and this makes him hate it that much, then do something else but I'm too scared we will never see him play again.

If this does go away I hope it will make him realise that he does love tennis, and make a go of it.

richie21
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
whatever the conclusions will be, it is too late. Imagine (and hope also) test B is negative, and everything is confirmed before RG, how can he play there? he is already not confortable to play in France but this news popping up 2 weeks before is the worst could happen to him. French media will be always suspicious with him.
If he is positive, and suspended, i am sure we will not see him played lot of times in France afterwards, between french spectators and french media; it will be a nightmare for him.
wait and see tomorrow, we should got some additional informations.

Seriously,playing RG should be the last of his concerns.
It's not like he wasn't going to do anything good in that tournament anyway.

Dini
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Guys I'm thinking of changing the thread title to give it a supportive edge. Any suggestions?

JBdV
05-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Shit. What a tragic waste of talent.

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Nadi thats a great idea-I'm having a think about a new title now;)

Getta
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Sadly though he also supports a foundation that helps adolescents struggle to find their place in society and who lack confidence. I little bit of irony I would suggest. :confused:

Doesn't say much.

Just take a look at the surveys related to suicide rates among psychoanalysts.

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Doesn't say much.

Just take a look at the surveys related to suicide rates among psychoanalysts.

I have several friends who are counsellors and all of which have either suffered severely with depression or at some stage encountered some kind of abuse.

Dini
05-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Nadi thats a great idea-I'm having a think about a new title now;)

Di OMG :speakles:

You're back :sobbing: :hug: I have missed you :awww:

~*BGT*~
05-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Nadine, just say:

Gasquetaires: all for one and one for all

I think that's very fitting. :)

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Nadine, just say:

Gasquetaires: all for one and one for all

I think that's very fitting. :)

agreed

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Every day in every way-we will always love you Ritchie-title suggestion??

EDIT Gasquetaires All for one - and one for All-great suggestion:yeah:

Nads:hug: Missed you too;)

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 09:48 PM
It's made it into the english papers now. There is an article in the telegraph.

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM

:sobbing::bigcry:I won't be able to bring myself to read it..

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I have several friends who are counsellors and all of which have either suffered severely with depression or at some stage encountered some kind of abuse.

I have too,and also suffer depression/abuse myself whilst trying to counsel others-:sobbing::sobbing:

Dini
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I've changed it now.

tennis lover
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
:eek: I don't even know what to say. :( I'm just going to wait for the press conference, hopefully some questions will be answered then. :)

:hug: to everyone.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Great idea about the title, Nadine. :yeah:

just don't I am worried about this. I want to be a supportive fan and say if tennis doesn't cut it for him and this makes him hate it that much, then do something else but I'm too scared we will never see him play again.

If this does go away I hope it will make him realise that he does love tennis, and make a go of it.

This is too true because ultimately more than anything all I want is for him to be truely happy, whatever the cost and alas, too often I find myself thinking that he would be happier without tennis.

Anyway, whatever happens, if the worst should come, "I will go down with this ship". Sending him all my best vibes right now.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 09:58 PM

I saw it :sobbing:

They mentioned the Murray match...:bigcry: :bigcry:

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I wonder when he actually withdrew from Miami? Before or after the sample was taken. If before could he argue he was only doing publicity so wasn't in competition at the time. He didn't play so it cant have enhanced his performance.

Dini
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh sheeet, so it really is true. If the telegraph have reported it, then they must have some extremely trustworthy sources. Thought there was some kind of hope there. :sad:

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh sheeet, so it really is true. If the telegraph have reported it, then they must have some extremely trustworthy sources. Thought there was some kind of hope there. :sad:

they have just referenced l'equipe

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 10:03 PM

Well they did say the French press is saying it so maybe they are just copying the news......:sad:

Dini
05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Well they did say the French press is saying it so maybe they are just copying the news......:sad:

Yeah read the article now. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough, I want to hear that press conference :sobbing:

The press can talk all they want, but I want to hear what he has to say.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah read the article now. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough, I want to hear that press conference :sobbing:

The press can talk all they want, but I want to hear what he has to say.

Yeah but I don't think he is actually gonna be the one talking cause they just said Team Legardare will be speaking....so I don't know but yeah can tomorrow just come already

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
And it is still just press talk;) Ritchie will need all of his inner strength and courage to face the press tomorrow-I don't want to speculate if he'll actually say anything,just thinking how tortured he'll be feeling right now..good he'll have Team Legardare in his corner there at least.

Dini
05-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah but I don't think he is actually gonna be the one talking cause they just said Team Legardare will be speaking....so I don't know but yeah can tomorrow just come already

But eventually he has to talk about it. People want answers and as a global tennis star with so many fans he has a lot of explaining to do.

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
But eventually he has to talk about it. People want answers and as a global tennis star with so many fans he has a lot of explaining to do.

I know,it'll be the worst thing he's ever had to do:sad::sad::sobbing:

Dini
05-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I know,it'll be the worst thing he'll ever have to do:sad::sad::sobbing:

I agree :bigcry: I'd rather see him lose to Murray again in a wimby 4th round than for him to go through all of this. :sobbing:'

Just imagine the crap the French press will now come up with. As if he wasn't being slated already. :crying2:

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Even worse than that,the press will be solely concentrating on this off court story than his tennis career now-to them he will be remembered for anything but his tennis right now:sobbing:

tennis lover
05-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I wonder when he actually withdrew from Miami? Before or after the sample was taken. If before could he argue he was only doing publicity so wasn't in competition at the time. He didn't play so it cant have enhanced his performance.
I was thinking the same thing actually. Did he withdraw before the main draw matches started? I can't remember.

I found this in the ITF anti-doping rulebook:
A Player may be notified that he/she has been selected for Testing in conjunction with an Event in which he/she is participating at any time from 00.01 local time on the day of the first match of the main draw (or of the qualifying draw, if he/she is participating in the qualifying draw) of the Competition in question until immediately following the completion of the Player’s last match in the Event (or, where he/she is participating in the Event
as a nominated member of the team, until immediately following the completion of his/her team’s last match in the Event). Such periods (and only such periods) shall be deemed “In-Competition” periods for purposes of this 11 Programme and the Code (for purposes of the Code, the “Event Period” shall start at the same time as the “In Competition” period and shall end at midnight on the day of the last match played in the Event).

but it also says "Any Player who retires, is a no-show, is defaulted from a match or withdraws
from the main draw or qualifying draw after the first match of such draw has
commenced must submit to Testing at the time of the retirement/no
show/default/withdrawal if requested to do so." so I guess he probably did the test after he had withdrawn. :shrug:

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Ok so I am trying to find the positive in all of this and Mats Wilander who as you know was a great champion was once banned for 3 months because of cocaine and he turned out all right.And plus I have visited a couple blogs and many people think Richie can do a Jennifer Capriati come-back......idk I'm just hoping to see Richie play again and hope that this isn't true :sad:

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing actually. Did he withdraw before the main draw matches started? I can't remember.

I found this in the ITF anti-doping rulebook:
A Player may be notified that he/she has been selected for Testing in conjunction with an Event in which he/she is participating at any time from 00.01 local time on the day of the first match of the main draw (or of the qualifying draw, if he/she is participating in the qualifying draw) of the Competition in question until immediately following the completion of the Player’s last match in the Event (or, where he/she is participating in the Event
as a nominated member of the team, until immediately following the completion of his/her team’s last match in the Event). Such periods (and only such periods) shall be deemed “In-Competition” periods for purposes of this 11 Programme and the Code (for purposes of the Code, the “Event Period” shall start at the same time as the “In Competition” period and shall end at midnight on the day of the last match played in the Event).

but it also says "Any Player who retires, is a no-show, is defaulted from a match or withdraws
from the main draw or qualifying draw after the first match of such draw has
commenced must submit to Testing at the time of the retirement/no
show/default/withdrawal if requested to do so." so I guess he probably did the test after he had withdrawn. :shrug:

If it was before, but he tested anyway I wonder if he can get out of a ban on a technicality. The lawyer in me is intruiged.

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Yup lets hope so Jen..Yes Wilander was indeed banned for a period of time due to cocaine,but people remember him for his on court achievements and his great contribution to the game;) Nothing has been proved,confirmed or denied -we all have to hope there is going to be light at the end of this scary dark tunnel for Ritchie and all who know him well;)

Thats indeed a technicality Tori,I'm as intrigued as you are,having interest in law as I do too - I hope he has a great team of lawyers that can assist him for what may lie ahead..

Anyways I'm going to bed now..just wanna give you all lots of:hug::hug::hug: All we can do is wait and hope that it doesn't turn out as bad as it appears just now.
Night guys:kiss:

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 10:42 PM
night Di :hug::hug:

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Goodnight Di :hug: and yeah lets hope for the best tomorrow....

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 10:48 PM
God it's everywhere now....:sad: every single tennis website on the planet is reporting it :sobbing:

tennis lover
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
God it's everywhere now....:sad: every single tennis website on the planet is reporting it :sobbing:
stop looking at them then. ;) :hug: the atp website still doesn't have it on there so if you must look at a tennis site maybe try that one. :)

Dini
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM

Jen :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

This nightmare will be over soon. There is a possibility that he didn't really take any voluntarily, so only time will tell when he speaks out about it.

Gretchen.
05-09-2009, 11:04 PM
stop looking at them then. ;) :hug: the atp website still doesn't have it on there so if you must look at a tennis site maybe try that one. :)

Thanks, I did just go there to check for the results I needed :) :hug:

Jen :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

This nightmare will be over soon. There is a possibility that he didn't really take any voluntarily, so only time will tell when he speaks out about it.

Nadi :hug: :hug: :sad:

I hope it's all over soon too...and that we get to see Richie play again cause that is what is worrying me right now :sobbing:

Cloudygirl
05-09-2009, 11:05 PM
i remember an article that Truc posted in the other thread about richard who was at a party club in miami, at 2.am
article from le parisien
maybe he took the drug there ?
it was the concert of sinclair and david guetta in miami, one day after his withdrawal

I think he would have given a sample at the time of his withdrawal if one was required, according to the rules.

Davodus
05-10-2009, 01:46 AM

Gretchen.
05-10-2009, 01:53 AM

That is the right reaction Dave :sad:

orangehat
05-10-2009, 01:55 AM
i don't know what to say now ...

Davodus
05-10-2009, 02:23 AM
:shout:

well if he says he didn't take it intentionally, i believe him
this is just a really bad thing to happen, at a really bad time

:fiery:

case
05-10-2009, 02:49 AM
i think we can kiss that b sample goodbye. i f he is saying it wasnt intentional obviously he thinks the test is right.

of course that leaves open how you take coke unintentionally?????

i have had kidney infections and you can write that off too. most kidney infections leave a person completely exhausted.

god this is a shock. i thought gasquet was messing around with his career but coke?

Naina
05-10-2009, 03:16 AM
Anyone Know qhat time his press conference is scheduled???

Gretchen.
05-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Anyone Know qhat time his press conference is scheduled???

The only thing they said in L'equipe is sometime during mid afternoon France time...

case
05-10-2009, 03:46 AM
The only thing they said in L'equipe is sometime during mid afternoon France time...

is gasquet going to be there?

Gretchen.
05-10-2009, 03:55 AM
is gasquet going to be there?

I don't know for sure, all they said was Team Lagardere was gonna give a press conference, but I don't think he will be there to be honest...

Schu
05-10-2009, 04:10 AM
I'm back from shopping and dinner with family and some friends but I can't stop thinking about this - like he was somebody I actually knew!

Anyway I suspect the press conference will not answer much. I wish he would be there to face the music but I doubt he will be. I would like to know how he unintentionally took coke - pretty hard to do.

Anyone know how long cocaine stays in your body? If true, it just seems like a death wish to use it anywhere near competition. I know the effects don't last too long but how long can it be detected after use?

ds_hockeygrl1536
05-10-2009, 04:13 AM
I haven't checked the site in a day or two, a lot has transpired from two days ago until tonight! I am flabbergasted. :eek::sad:

case
05-10-2009, 04:28 AM
I don't know for sure, all they said was Team Lagardere was gonna give a press conference, but I don't think he will be there to be honest...

thanks.

case
05-10-2009, 04:32 AM
I'm back from shopping and dinner with family and some friends but I can't stop thinking about this - like he was somebody I actually knew!

If true, it just seems like a death wish to use it anywhere near competition. I know the effects don't last too long but how long can it be detected after use?

my thoughts too. i have been following him for years. i cant get over this.

when i first read this here i thought well maybe a part of him did this intentionally to get out of tennis. gasquet is a smart guy i cant see him doing this for any other reason.

Davodus
05-10-2009, 04:47 AM

Anyway I suspect the press conference will not answer much. I wish he would be there to face the music but I doubt he will be. I would like to know how he unintentionally took coke - pretty hard to do.

Anyone know how long cocaine stays in your body? If true, it just seems like a death wish to use it anywhere near competition. I know the effects don't last too long but how long can it be detected after use?

i am the same, i keep thinking about it and its making me really mad

in saying he didn't intentionally take it, im not sure that he is saying he unintentionally took it, but that he doesn't know how it got in there or something

this is a very frustrating, upsetting situation

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Surely you would know when though. My drink got spiked a few years ago and I don't know what the heck was in there but it was definitely something because I wasn't drinking that night but was off my face.

I don't think he will go to the presser today, I think it will be his team and I don't blame him for that he would be even more of an idiot to make any kind of public statement before the B sample is back and he knows where he stands. I wonder how this got leaked.

What I still want to know is, if the test was out of competition which it most likely was would that reduce any fine or ban he might get. I know in cycling they get banned for a lesser period for that.

Davodus
05-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Surely you would know when though. My drink got spiked a few years ago and I don't know what the heck was in there but it was definitely something because I wasn't drinking that night but was off my face.

I don't think he will go to the presser today, I think it will be his team and I don't blame him for that he would be even more of an idiot to make any kind of public statement before the B sample is back and he knows where he stands. I wonder how this got leaked.

What I still want to know is, if the test was out of competition which it most likely was would that reduce any fine or ban he might get. I know in cycling they get banned for a lesser period for that.

it probably will
i dont think he should lose any points or prizemoney, unless they are real rude and take his barcelona and rome stuff, but given that his only positive test came out of competition, i don't think the penalty will be as harsh, as it was for hingis say, who tested positive during wimbledon

I'm not too sure though

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 06:31 AM
God I hope so. I was reading some of the comments on l'equipe and they are quite harsh. He really doesn't deserve that for being a moron. My biggest fear is that if it is true, he actually has a drugs problem. I really hope that isn't the case. :( Am quite worried about him (ridiculously so for a tennis player I may never meet) I hope this doesn't make him depressed.

Davodus
05-10-2009, 06:36 AM
i doubt he has a drug problem, we'll see what happens

i don't really know what to think, i'm mad, annoyed, sad, frustrated...everything that comes with it
but if it is true that he deliberately took it, it's pretty disappointing to say the least

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 06:42 AM
i doubt he has a drug problem, we'll see what happens

i don't really know what to think, i'm mad, annoyed, sad, frustrated...everything that comes with it
but if it is true that he deliberately took it, it's pretty disappointing to say the least

how the heck would you prove that you didn't deliberately take it. Also when did he take it. It would have to be within 10 days of the sample. He was being filmed for that canal plus show thing for months. I wonder if they are covering this right now.

When would he have last been tested before. I would have expected him to be tested at the AO if not since then.

Davodus
05-10-2009, 06:48 AM
you can't prove it, you just have to hope the hair test shows he isn't a 'regular user' or whatever

i have no idea, they get tested at most big tournaments so i would say he would have been tested there and maybe at IW
i really don't know though

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Hingis had a clear hair sample but they didn't give her any slack on her ban :(

Davodus
05-10-2009, 07:04 AM
yeah i dunno what happened with hingis

that was a very harsh ban, but she never fought it :shrug:

Naina
05-10-2009, 07:07 AM
excuse the ignorance but is the B sample different from the hair test? I feel ridiculously concerned for him too like he was a friend or something

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 07:18 AM
It's another urine test I believe. You have to give 2 samples and both have to be pos for you to get a ban. Not sure when the second sample will come through, or why the story has been leaked to the press before the second sample. Urine and blood tests are normally what they use for drug testing. A hair strand test can prove that you aren't a regular user but not that you have never taken it as you have to take quite a large amount of cocaine for it to appear in your hair sample (or thats what I read last night when I was reading about this, I don't claim to know much about it at all).

Davodus
05-10-2009, 07:41 AM
i think you are right, for the substance to appear in the hair follicle, you have to have ingested it for a progressive amount of time, so that's the point of the hair test

i reallllllly hope the B test isn't positive :sad:

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 07:47 AM
I think his lawyers are prob tying themselves in knots at the moment trying to work out if theres anyway they can get him out of it, as he didn't play between indian wells and barca.

I hope the B isn't positive too.

tufani
05-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I remember reading (when Martina got banned) that anti-doping committee (or whoever responsible for making that kind of decisions) doesn't pay too much attention to the hair test results since it doesn't prove that a person didn't take a banned substantion once, so it may not influence their decision in the end. So the only real hope is a negative test B results.

Keijan
05-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I just looked at the news on french tv, it's all over the tv and papers this morning.

They don't doubt that he has taken it willingly and that the B test will be positive. Henri Leconte was interviewed, he said he was very shocked and disappointed in Richard, that he has to assume the consequences like a man now, etc...

So depressing :sad: they could at least give him the benefit of doubt until it is confirmed by the B sample !

Dini
05-10-2009, 10:35 AM
At least the BBC haven't reported it yet... :shrug:

Jeez I can't get over this, had trouble getting to sleep yesterday. It's as if he was a relative or a close friend of mine.

Cin
05-10-2009, 10:35 AM
I read an article on 20 minute.fr

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/324957/Sport-Gasquet-controle-positif-a-la-cocaine-preparerait-sa-defense.php

we know the news of le Parisien, he went to a club in Miami. maybe with this singer.who knows what happened that night?!

and another article of a website named le Temps. Maybe~~just have the tiny chance~~he would not be suspended becuase he withdrew there in Miami, am I right?

http://www.letemps.ch/Page/Uuid/bef0a244-3d47-11de-803b-062f13985a48/Un_contr%C3%B4le_positif_met_la_carri%C3%A8re_de_R ichard_Gasquet_en_danger

to be honest, 2 years of suspension could distory his carriere. he isnt Capriati.

reggie1
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I don't really know what to say, part of me wonders if the media already know that the B test is positive and that's why they already reported that the A test was postive. Surely, the drugs testing agency would not be allowed to release the info just on an inconclusive A test?! If so, that is wrong as this could cause a career finishing stigma for that player and it could be an inaccurate test.
I just logged on this morning, not expecting to see very much on Richie because of his injury and saw THIS! OMG, I hope it's all a misunderstanding but as Case said if he is saying he took the drug unintentionally, it's as if he knows it was in his system. There doesn't seem to be a lot of disbelief in that statement. If he took it unintentionally and was not a regular user, wouldn't he have been horrendously ill? Wouldn't his team have been on it? Wouldn't Peyre have known something was up with him? I wonder if Peyre knew anything about it at all? Although, there would be very little Peyre could do about it anyway.
Your fans will stand by you Richie, me included no matter what but I hate drugs and will feel terribly disappointed in him if this proves to have been a regular thing.

case
05-10-2009, 10:38 AM
i hope at some point that society gets past that paying the consequences bullshit. addiction is a medical condition.
there is a reason that addiction often occurs in several members of the same family.

treating people as if they are criminals does not help

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I just looked at the news on french tv, it's all over the tv and papers this morning.

They don't doubt that he has taken it willingly and that the B test will be positive. Henri Leconte was interviewed, he said he was very shocked and disappointed in Richard, that he has to assume the consequences like a man now, etc...

So depressing :sad: they could at least give him the benefit of doubt until it is confirmed by the B sample !

Was Leconte shocked as in he couldn't believe he could be that stupid or surprised as in he didn't think he would have done it?

it is comments from the tennis insiders that I wonder about as if he has been really having a party lifestyle, even if it hasn't hit the press until now, you can be sure they have known about it for some time.

If the french press is anything like the british press, it is often a bunch of crap and sensationalist espec the tabloids so I wouldn't take too much from that.

reggie1
05-10-2009, 10:43 AM
i hope at some point that society gets past that paying the consequences bullshit. addiction is a medical condition.
there is a reason that addiction often occurs in several members of the same family.

treating people as if they are criminals does not helpYes I am a firm believer that happy, fulfilled, secure and well balanced people usually do not take drugs. People turn to them for all sorts of reasons.
I have often thought he may be on some type of ani-depressant but never this. We will all stand by him though even if we don't condone it. We are a loyal bunch ;)

Cin
05-10-2009, 10:44 AM

yeah, I heard his "anti-drugs speech" this morning.
acutally, it's not the right time to against Richard, specially Leconte is~~you know, he was the best french tennis player of that generation. so pls shut the big mouth up.

I'd rather to agree with Sarach Pitkowski,even though Richard has to and should assume the consequences.

it's really a stupid mistake

tennis lover
05-10-2009, 10:46 AM
from having a quick look at the prohibited list, I think it's only on the in competition list, not the in and out of competition list so if it can be claimed as out of competition because he retired or whatever then it might be ok. :shrug:

can anybody remember when exactly he pulled out of miami?

reggie1
05-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Wasn't it on the Saturday? Before it started?

case
05-10-2009, 10:49 AM
sorry but i am need to continue my rant...
my current, and supposedly the idiot bush did too, president admittedly took cocaine in his past and is able to later run a huge country i think we need to rethink how we look at "recreational" drugs. people can have productive lives after abusing
sports needs to look at better ways to solve drug issues.
why not require rehab and move on?

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I personally think our drug laws are very strict. I think I have probably done myself more damage over the years with my diet, alcohol consumption, ciggies and things like caffeine than I probably would have done with the ocassional line of coke. However he is a professional athlete. You know you could get caught out. It is beyond dumb.

I remember years ago I had a flatmate that did quite a lot of drugs and we had to stay one weekend someone who was either in the police force or armed forces (I forget which now) and he wouldn't even sit in the same room as them smoking cannabis because thats how strict the drug testing for his profession was.

tennis lover
05-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Wasn't it on the Saturday? Before it started?
I just looked it up in the HC thread, it was on the saturday but the in competition period started at 0.01 that day. :shrug: I have no idea if him withdrawing changes whether or not it counts at "in competition" or not.

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I just looked it up in the HC thread, it was on the saturday but the in competition period started at 0.01 that day. :shrug: I have no idea if him withdrawing changes whether or not it counts at "in competition" or not.

we heard about it on the saturday but it probably depends on when exactly his withdrawal notification went in, and I suppose it also depends when in Miami the test was taken, before or after the withdrawal. If it was before he is prob screwed. At the very least though if it was after it might shorten any ban he has. *she says hoping*

Can I also point out that this comes out on the day that I paid for my hotel for wimbledon. This takes attempts to escape me to a whole new level :(

case
05-10-2009, 10:59 AM
I personally think our drug laws are very strict. I think I have probably done myself more damage over the years with my diet, alcohol consumption, ciggies and things like caffeine than I probably would have done with the ocassional line of coke. However he is a professional athlete. You know you could get caught out. It is beyond dumb.

exactly. alcohol has probably cost more harm than drugs but is socially acceptable. lets not forget heart disease from smoking or bad eating habits.
at what point do we treat drugs as being so much different?

still i cant believe someone who is making so much money if they stay clean does recreational drugs-you really do risk everything. but then again addiction is a tough thing to comprehend.

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I think the pressure of his life is a tough thing to comprehend. Can anyone else get into rg.net btw. I tried earlier and it didn't appear to be there after the first page.

reggie1
05-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I wonder when Richard would have been told about the positive test result? Is it a few days after the test is taken or a few days before it is released to the press? The Doping agency sound like relentless pitbull terriers if what Andy Murray said is anything to go by, they get their test result by hook or by crook so surely Richard must have known that he would get tested? I just don't understand it?!

Dini
05-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Same here, nothing appears after the first page- just a blank white screen. :unsure:

reggie1
05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Perhaps they have suspended it for a while to stop all the "hating" posts being made.

tennis lover
05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure we should be talking about addiction here...he has only failed one drugs test. If he was truly addicted, surely this would have showed up before. :shrug:

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 11:17 AM
it wasn't that hating on there when I was reading last night. Loads of people think he is an idiot but that is understandable imo. I just hope that his mental state is ok with this. If you have a problem with depression, the last thing you want to do is fuck around with drugs.

Dini
05-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Tori have you checked the chat thread section? :crying2:

You won't like the title of one of the threads.

Piss taking at its finest. :yeah:

reggie1
05-10-2009, 11:21 AM
What is it Nadine?

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Tori have you checked the chat thread section? :crying2:

You won't like the title of one of the threads.

Piss taking at its finest. :yeah:

is it going to make me angry?

Any idea when his team are going to do their presser? I would be very interested to hear that they say. I hope Richie keeps his mouth shut at this stage. He always says the wrong thing anyway and it really is best for him not to open his mouth until the B sample comes back.

reggie1
05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Do we know when it will come back or even when it was taken?

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Do we know when it will come back or even when it was taken?

No and I'd like to know because it looks to me that it depends on when he was tested as to what will happen to him. But then again if he was tested out of competition would they even routinely test it for cocaine if it wasnt on the list, or would the labs not know and just test for everything.

edit looks like it would show up positive but they can't sanction him from this
http://www.velonews.com/article/77383/boonen-tests-positive-for-cocaine

B samples normally come back shortly after A samples a few days difference I think in other sports anyway.

That thread title is just pathetic. Imagine how they would feel if their player of choice had a drugs scandal going on. Could you imagine if it was Federer or Nadal (mind you I really don't think either would be that stupid).

Tommy fan
05-10-2009, 11:36 AM
wow.
I can't believe it. Really.

I guess it's true after reading the latest comments, what the hell was he thinking?
Such a shame, such a great player, and now he'll be banned for some time, and even after he will be back, it's always gonna be there, just like other players (Canas..)

Tess Gray
05-10-2009, 11:41 AM
rg.net is working fine for me guys:shrug:

"Therefore, cocaine is not prohibited when detected out-of-competition"

That's our only hope then :unsure:

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 11:42 AM
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=4922

so we are still waiting at the moment for news? thats what my shonky french translates this as anyway.

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 11:44 AM

it's been taken off while they have heavily moderated the forums. All the posts from yesterday are gone.

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 11:59 AM

yup it is only on the in competition list

http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/2009_Prohibited_List_ENG_Final_20_Sept_08.pdf

that or the B sample being negative.

Dini
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
The Cocainaires (un pour tous, tous pour un) chat thread

That is the thread title ^^

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 12:04 PM
The Cocainaires (un pour tous, tous pour un) chat thread

That is the thread title ^^

I saw it, am ignoring it. We are better than that.

Tess Gray
05-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Can someone give me a link to that thread please?:)

Davodus
05-10-2009, 12:13 PM
i dont think we should count on the out of competition thing, because im not sure what that means...there is a chance it means off season, in which case its useless

i don't know though, feel free to correct me :lol:

Dini
05-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Can someone give me a link to that thread please?:)

Tess it's a chat thread with an evil title that's all. Not worth the bother :shrug:

Cin
05-10-2009, 12:16 PM

he was on the order of play. Is this still out-of-competition?

the lucky loser signned deadline usually is at 10 o'clock or 11,30.
He withdrew on the same day of the 2nd Round. this is not "out-of-competition", I think.
but you know, the rules are relly compliquet. I got confused.

good luck for him. we have no choice but wait for the result/

Tess Gray
05-10-2009, 12:18 PM
yup it is only on the in competition list

http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/2009_Prohibited_List_ENG_Final_20_Sept_08.pdf

that or the B sample being negative.

I don't think I believe that the B sample is going to be negative :unsure: :o

Tess Gray
05-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Tess it's a chat thread with an evil title that's all. Not worth the bother :shrug:

Oh okay:o Then I wont bother. Thanks ;)

Cloudygirl
05-10-2009, 12:21 PM
i dont think we should count on the out of competition thing, because im not sure what that means...there is a chance it means off season, in which case its useless

i don't know though, feel free to correct me :lol:

apparantly it depends on when he withdrew from the tournament. We heard he withdrew on saturday but if he withdrew officially with the tournament before 0.01 on the morning of saturday (when the competition started) he is not in competition, if he withdrew after then he is. I can't find the link but someone posted that part of the itf rules somewhere.

Someone on another forum has said that he was tested (how they know this i have no clue) after he withdrew, which I think would look better for him.

Cin
05-10-2009, 12:26 PM
apparantly it depends on when he withdrew from the tournament. We heard he withdrew on saturday but if he withdrew officially with the tournament before 0.01 on the morning of saturday (when the competition started) he is not in competition, if he withdrew after then he is. I can't find the link but someone posted that part of the itf rules somewhere.

Someone on another forum has said that he was tested (how they know this i have no clue) after he withdrew, which I think would look better for him.

yeah, we knew that he withdrew before the lucky loser signned deadline.
but before or after 0.01, we dont know yet.

I can not find the OOP.PDF of that day, especially the revised one.