Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!! [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Vlad1980
04-24-2009, 05:45 AM
Where did you find highlights? Tennistv.com? :confused:

Yes, I think prior to last match on Center court, they showed like 10 min highlights.. Rochus has no game whatsoever. I think even with broken leg and arm, Richard should have beaten him in straight sets.

Schu
04-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Yes, I think prior to last match on Center court, they showed like 10 min highlights.. Rochus has no game whatsoever. I think even with broken leg and arm, Richard should have beaten him in straight sets.

But not with a broken brain...

I saw a few games of Nadal Rochus (too boring)and Richie must have been AWFUL to loose. Although Nadal can make many look totally helpless.

lisaplenske
04-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh Amira,:hug: I know it's difficult and we all feel frustrated for him but try not to lose heart, he is still a great person and at some point I still think he will turn things around. I'm forever the optimist but at the moment, no, things are not going well. You really have been one of Richard's most loyal supporters and one of the few French people who post on here, we don't want to lose you. Hang on in there :kiss:

thank you vicky.Thank you all. I've been a richard supporter for years now and right now I feel a little bit tired of those bad losses. Above those defeats ,its more about the "lack of results", like if he's not improving, worse: declining.
I am less and less "involved" after this kind of awful losses, sucky matchs ,someone said richard seems like not to care about losing and I feel like it is becoming the same for me towards him.That's sad.:sad:
I try to stay positive and keep some hope he'll come back the way he was when he enjoyed being on a tennis court and play "inspired game". I dont see any inspiration from him nor real determination to bring the best out of him.
I hope for him to change the things up cause I think he deserves better than what he does today.

:wavey:

reggie1
04-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh Amira, please stay on the boards and the same goes for you Case, we know you mean well and you only say these things because you know he can do better and you want him to do better. He is a right old enigma isn't he? None of us can really work him out. I do feel though that there is probably some truth in the parental domination/not being allowed freedom to make his own choices etc.. in the past. However, I think he is growing up and who knows, maybe the partying/smoking could be his way of rebelling before he gets his head together. He is still so young.

lamnathalie
04-25-2009, 12:38 PM
I guess the draw for Rome is out:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/416/mds.pdf

1st Round: Tsonga!!

Puschkin
04-25-2009, 12:56 PM
1st Round: Tsonga!!
If Richie has one good statistic this year, it is against other Frenchies. :p

lamnathalie
04-25-2009, 01:03 PM
If Richie has one good statistic this year, it is against other Frenchies. :p
I hope so! :dance:

Should I post this here too:

[1] NADAL, Rafael ESP vs BYE
SEPPI, Andreas ITA vs QUERREY, Sam USA
SODERLING, Robin SWE vs GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP
QUALIFIER vs [14] BLAKE, James USA

[9] TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA vs GASQUET, Richard FRA
ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP vs GULBIS, Ernests LAT
FISH, Mardy USA vs ANDREEV, Igor RUS
BYE vs [6] VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

[4] MURRAY, Andy GBR vs BYE
KIEFER, Nicolas GER vs i]QUALIFIER[/i]
CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG vs ROCHUS, Christophe BEL
[WC] CIPOLLA, Flavio ITA vs [15] CILIC, Marin CR

[12] GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI vs CHARDY, Jeremy FRA
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB vs ACASUSO, Jose ARG
BENNETEAU, Julien FRA vs MELZER, Jurgen AUT
BYE vs [7] DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

[5] DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG vs BYE
HANESCU, Victor ROU vs TROICKI, Viktor SRB
QUALIFIER vs QUALIFIER
KUNITSYN, Igor RUS vs [10] WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI

[13] ROBREDO, Tommy ESP vs SAFIN, Marat RUS
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER vs BOLELLI, Simone ITA
[WC] STARACE, Potito ITA vs MONTANES, Albert ESP
BYE vs [3] DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB

[8] SIMON, Gilles FRA vs BYE
[WC] FOGNINI, Fabio ITA vs [WC] VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
QUALIFIER vs BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA vs [11] FERRER, David ESP

[16] STEPANEK, Radek CZE vs SERRA, Florent FRA
QUALIFIER vs LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP
QUALIFIER vs KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
BYE vs [2] FEDERER, Roger SUI

Masha91
04-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Bonne chance contre Tsonga, Richard! ALLEZ!

Cloudygirl
04-25-2009, 01:08 PM
could be a worse draw than that tbh

Masha91
04-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Indeed it could be, let's hope Richie takes advantage and wins the match! :)

Cloudygirl
04-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Almagro prob round 2 and doesn't matter if it is Tsonga or Richie that geta pop at him, he isn't great this year so there is a chance.

Davodus
04-25-2009, 01:25 PM
tsonga isn't great on clay, so richard has a chance

allez richard!

Cloudygirl
04-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I have no clue how Tsonga is on clay I can only recall seeing him on it once. Richie does stand a chance if he gets his head together imo

Dini
04-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Why do two of my very faves have to meet in the first frigging round? Why=!!!!

:banghead:

Allez Rich :help:

Keijan
04-25-2009, 02:06 PM
tsonga isn't great on clay, so richard has a chance

Nobody can say what is Tsonga's level on clay atm since nobody saw him play on it lol. He never had any results on it because of injuries, but he said many times it's the surface he grew up on. But once again he's been struggling with a knee injury which made him miss Barcelona, and Richie is low in confidence atm, so I really can't pick an objective winner for this one :shrug:

On another note, why, why do 2 of my fav players have to play each other first round :banghead:

Cloudygirl
04-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Nobody can say what is Tsonga's level on clay atm since nobody saw him play on it lol. He never had any results on it because of injuries, but he said many times it's the surface he grew up on. But once again he's been struggling with a knee injury which made him miss Barcelona, and Richie is low in confidence atm, so I really can't pick an objective winner for this one :shrug:

On another note, why, why do 2 of my fav players have to play each other first round :banghead:

Because the tour organisers live to torture Richie fans this is the only thing I can think of.

~*BGT*~
04-25-2009, 05:14 PM
I teared up a bit at that draw. :sobbing:

tennis lover
04-25-2009, 05:21 PM
not nice for Richie playing such a good friend in the first round but it's time to be ruthless, there's no such thing as a friend on court! :devil: Hopefully that match will end with the same winner as their previous meeting. :dance: and I'd like for him to at least get to Nadal this time, but this is Richard so we'll take one match at a time...:bounce:

reggie1
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm not going to say anything about tv coverage or anything!
But, my house will be split if I get to see the match as I will be cheering for Richard and my kids will be cheering for Jo. (They only ever want to watch Jo play!)

~*BGT*~
04-25-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm not going to say anything about tv coverage or anything!
But, my house will be split if I get to see the match as I will be cheering for Richard and my kids will be cheering for Jo. (They only ever want to watch Jo play!)

I think because Rome is a masters 1000, TV coverage will be all week. :p

Cloudygirl
04-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I think because Rome is a masters 1000, TV coverage will be all week. :p

all of the others so far haven't shown round 1 :(

Davodus
04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
not nice for Richie playing such a good friend in the first round but it's time to be ruthless, there's no such thing as a friend on court! :devil: Hopefully that match will end with the same winner as their previous meeting. :dance: and I'd like for him to at least get to Nadal this time, but this is Richard so we'll take one match at a time...:bounce:

:D my favourite match to be at of the brisbane international :p

reggie1
04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Well this is just a general post, nothing about tv coverage and Richard in particular, I could be talking about anyone (just so I don't jinx him again!) but it starts on Sky on Monday at 12.00pm

Cloudygirl
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Ooh good.

Schu
04-26-2009, 01:28 AM
I'd rather see him play Tsonga on clay than any other surface but ... Hope it's not ugly but this would be Tsonga's first match on clay since the ice age so there is a good chance IF he has his head screwed on right and that's a HUGE IF.

As for TV, Tsonga is such a showboat I'd expect they will be on a "show" court because there probably aren't THAT many italians in the draw. Fortunately I will have NOO problem deciding who to cheer for.

Davodus
04-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Fortunately I will have NOO problem deciding who to cheer for.

me either ;)

Puschkin
04-26-2009, 08:26 AM
As for TV, Tsonga is such a showboat I'd expect they will be on a "show" court because there probably aren't THAT many italians in the draw.
All four WCs went to Italians, + Seppi, + Bolelli.

reggie1
04-26-2009, 09:47 AM
All four WCs went to Italians, + Seppi, + Bolelli.Quelle Surprise!:lol:

Schu
04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
All four WCs went to Italians, + Seppi, + Bolelli.

Pretty much expected the WC's to go all Italian but I would guess there are still more spanish and french players in the draw??

I'm watching the replay of Nadal/Ferrer (at least until I get bored) and they are talking about how often Nadal gets blisters - and I thought Richie was the only one who did that :D.

Cloudygirl
04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Rafa gets blisters lots he has his fingers wrapped quite often

Schu
04-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Rafa gets blisters lots he has his fingers wrapped quite often

I never understand how players who play HOURS everyday still get blisters :scratch: I would expect that their hands and feet would be one giant callous.

Cloudygirl
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
No idea really. You certainly couldn't say Rafa doesn't put in the court time.

Davodus
04-27-2009, 06:49 AM
i play tennis 3-4 times a week and sometimes i still get blisters :shrug:
new shoes do it...also playing on particular hot or sticky surfaces, and sometimes your foot or hand just rubs the wrong way in the shoes or on the racquet :lol:

people can also be prone to blisters, it's just one of those stupid things the body does :lol:

reggie1
04-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Is Richard playing today or tomorrow?

Davodus
04-27-2009, 01:16 PM
i think tomorrow...

tufani
04-27-2009, 06:46 PM
It's raining tonight in Rome, the weather forecast doesn't look good for the whole week.

Richard practiced with Roger today!

RGK
04-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Richard practiced with Roger today!:worship:
my favorites players.

Puschkin
04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
:worship: my favorites players.
Mine, too. :wavey:

Dini
04-27-2009, 06:58 PM
It's raining tonight in Rome, the weather forecast doesn't look good for the whole week.

:eek::eek::eek:

Really? :speakles:

My two favourite players too :bounce: Any pics :awww:?

Tommy fan
04-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Wish I could watch that practice!
Much better than the matches for sure ;)

Good luck Richard! Do your best :)

Gretchen.
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Pics are in the picture thread Nadine ;)

Schu
04-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Richard is 4th match on Campo 1 for Tuesday but they don't have matches scheduled to start until 1 pm which makes no sense if the forecast is bad. so who knows if they will get to the 4th match of the day. BUT if they do it will be on tennistv.com (at a PERFECT time for me) but not sure if I really want to see it or not :tape:

Good luck Richie whenever you play!

Practicing with ROger :yeah:

reggie1
04-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Richard is 4th match on Campo 1 for Tuesday but they don't have matches scheduled to start until 1 pm which makes no sense if the forecast is bad. so who knows if they will get to the 4th match of the day. BUT if they do it will be on tennistv.com (at a PERFECT time for me) but not sure if I really want to see it or not :tape:
Oh you make me chuckle! :worship: I feel a bit like that too.

Cloudygirl
04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
me too. Is Italy 1 hour or 2 hours ahead of us Vicky?

I hope I have finished work and am home by then.

reggie1
04-27-2009, 09:54 PM
me too. Is Italy 1 hour or 2 hours ahead of us Vicky?

I hope I have finished work and am home by then.They are just one hour ahead Tori :wavey: I was hoping for a match first thing so I could get to see it, no I'm talking about tv coverage again, someone shut me up!:o:tape:

Cloudygirl
04-27-2009, 09:59 PM
end of the day suits me if I'm lucky I should be home by 6. It is 4th match on so I stand a chance of seeing some of it.

Schu
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
They are just one hour ahead Tori :wavey: I was hoping for a match first thing so I could get to see it, no I'm talking about tv coverage again, someone shut me up!:o:tape:

:armed:

Hey RIchie time to step it up!!! Rankings for this week - 3 frenchies in the Top 10(congrats Frenchies): Simon #7, Monfils #9, Tsonga #10 and then there's Richie at #23. I know he has to get his game together (and his head) before we can expect any movement but IT KILLS ME to see those guys up there and RIchie hanging around 25 :smash:.

With pretty much no points to defend until grass he COULD make a move (so could Tsonga). DAMN I hope he beats Tsonga :fingers crossed: and gets on a roll.

Cloudygirl
04-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Really pisses me off because much as I love him he has a better game than Gilles (apart from the forehand). But all credit to Gilles for being where he is, he certainly deserves it.

PinkFeatherBoa
04-28-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't like this French order at all, time to join them up there Richie!

I'm really nervous about this match, hope he brings it- certainly been training with the right players in Fedi and Stan. :)

Please FEEL IT tomorrow Richard. The top level of tennis needs you in the mix!

reggie1
04-28-2009, 02:30 PM
OMG, Rome seems to be as bad as Wimbly for rain. Everytime I switch on it's raining! :sad::confused::( Richie and Jo will be on at midnight tomorrow at this rate.

ellen_
04-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Information from soggy Rome: Richard was hitting with Ernie today :) How cute.

Schu
04-28-2009, 08:49 PM
OMG, Rome seems to be as bad as Wimbly for rain. Everytime I switch on it's raining! :sad::confused::( Richie and Jo will be on at midnight tomorrow at this rate.

It will be midnight!! Fish and Andreev split, after Robredo/Safin split (:banghead: don't get me started on THAT match) and there is still one more match - 2 clay courter Italians to go on before Richie.

Hey Vicki, maybe they will move Richie/Jo to another court that is non-televised since those courts seem to moving faster and then we don't have to decide if we should watch it or not... I REALLY do want to see RIchie play, as much torture as it might be it is still better than watching a scoreboard.

On tennistv it shows Murray/Monaco match has been postponed until tomorrow so the night match gets on I guesss before midnight. once again Richie will be the last match on the court with 3 people watching at midnight and we know how well he did in Barca when that happened.

Puschkin
04-28-2009, 09:03 PM
It will be midnight!!
Or 2.00 am rather. :devil: But his match is still not yet cancelled, while Murray's in Cilic's matches (one on Center, the other on court 5 ) are.

once again Richie will be the last match on the court with 3 people watching at midnight and we know how well he did in Barca when that happened.
exactly, but this time he's playing a Frenchman. :p

Schu
04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
SOme of the matches on outer courts have been suspended due to darkness. But the 2 main courts and court 3 still have action - court 4 is finished - if that one has lights I suspect the match would move there - no TV. If not, its a good thing Richie has been training at 2am in those nightclubs in Miami and Barcelona - as he could be the fitter for tonight - smart man that Richie is.

~*BGT*~
04-28-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't think he's gonna make it on court tonight. :awww: It's almost 11; they shouldn't be starting this late anyway. :o

reggie1
04-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I watched the end of the Fish and Andreev match Schu and it looked so depressing there, about 4 people in the crowd and really gloomy light wise. If I was a player, I would hate that. It may be a blessing if he does play tomorrow, let's hope for some sunshine and a fuller arena.

Schu
04-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Well it's either court 4, which we can't see or first thing tomorrow which will be about 6 am for me. Right now my office desktop computer with ALL my files is dead and I'm sitting in the office not able to do anything but cruise the internet on an office laptop - it WOULD be PERFECT if Richie were playing on one to the TV courts right now! I can't do any work. DAMN RAIN!!
I bet PHM is pissed at the rain too - He won the first set from Ferrer :bigclap::bigclap: and had to stop in middle of his first service game of set 2.

reggie1
04-28-2009, 10:11 PM
I always think of Italy as gloriously sunny! It's such a shame and I feel for the spectators too. I had a quiet week this week and was so looking forward to watching it but it's been a complete wash out. Hope you don't get too bored Schu :kiss:

Puschkin
04-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I am really curious what they will do with Richie's match.

I am losely following Volandri/Fognini, there is hardly anyone left to watch, and I am rather sure they are Italian, who else would want to watch this? ;) So they will leave. But meanwhile The match goes on and on and on.

reggie1
04-28-2009, 10:24 PM
It must be miserable for the players, it's probably cold and no atmosphere due to a lack of crowd. I don't think Richie will perform well under those circumstances. He's our little hot house flower,:lol: he doesn't like it too hot or too cold, many factors have to be just right for him to give his best so maybe it's best if he plays tomorrow.

Gretchen.
04-28-2009, 10:27 PM
They can't let them play at midnight...can they? I mean they could play until 3 in the morning! :eek: That is going to be horrible for Richie.Goodness lately he just can't catch a break :rolleyes:

reggie1
04-28-2009, 10:31 PM
He has been really unlucky lately Jen with his draws and times. He keeps getting late matches and it must play on his mind all day that he has a match and then it must be difficult to get motivated late at night.

Puschkin
04-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Hanno posticipato Murray-Monaco e Tsonga-Gasquet :roll:

That is from the Italian Thread of Roger's forum, posted at 22.51. My Italian is not great, but it means they have postponed these matches. However, I don't give a guarantee for the reliability.

As for late matches: I think the US open is prone to very late starts for their night matches, too.

reggie1
04-28-2009, 10:36 PM
That is from the Italian Thread of Roger's forum, posted at 22.51. My Italian is not great, but it means they have postponed these matches. However, I don't give a guarantee for the reliability.Oh thanks Margareta, I'm going to go to bed then! No point staying up. (I'd got everything done and was all organised and looking forward to an evening of Frenchness. Quelle Domage!)

Gretchen.
04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I know Monaco and Murray are postponed for sure but Richie and Jo are still on the schedule...:scratch:
This is just weird....

Yeah I know but what this mostly reminds me of was that Hewitt Baghdatis match that started at around 11:30 at night and finished at 4 in the morning :eek:

Gretchen.
04-28-2009, 10:39 PM
This is on the official website of the tourney

11.30 pm: Volandri takes the tie-break. Strictly speaking Tsonga-Gasquet are up next on Court 1… Can’t see it myself but you never know. We might do a Melbourne on it…

Puschkin
04-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I know Monaco and Murray are postponed for sure but Richie and Jo are still on the schedule.
I know, that's why I said I don't rely on it. THis is what the official thread says now:

"Strictly speaking Tsonga-Gasquet are up next on Court 1… Can’t see it myself but you never know. We might do a Melbourne on it…"

PinkFeatherBoa
04-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Don't get me started on why we have 2nd round action on Centre now- surely it would have made too much sense to cancel Djokovic/Montanes and put Gasquet/Tsonga on there instead.

Very frustrating day and all my faves being scheduled last match on doesn't help.

Gretchen.
04-28-2009, 10:48 PM
I know!! There shouldn't be any second round matches going on right now.How do they expect a player to concentrate and win a match at 1 in the morning when it's dark,cold and wet...that is just depressing....no player can have any confidence in those conditions especially Richie, and oh yeah there will probably be like 5 italian people in the crowd that barely know anything about tennis :rolleyes:

Cloudygirl
04-28-2009, 11:13 PM
well if they do play at least the courts are big so he has tons of room behind the baseline.

Schu
04-28-2009, 11:16 PM
This is pretty funny - NOT! but looks like of the 3 matches left on the court, Fabio and Volandri could finish last. THe 2nd round match (WHY?) on Center court - novak is up a set and 4-0, Ernie and Alamgro are in the third, with Ernie up 3-0 and Fabio/Volandri just finished the first game of the third. pretty amazing how every match on Richie's court went 3 sets.

Isn't Chardy's match still on the schedule too?

Novack finished, maybe they move to Center court where there would be 5 people instead of 3. They have to change this match to tomorrow as much as I'd rather watch it in a few minutes when I'll just be getting home from work instead of at 5 or 6 am tomorrow.

Cloudygirl
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
if they aren't switching to centre I would think they aren't playing tonight.

Puschkin
04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Isn't Chardy's match still on the schedule too?

They did not announce it, but as they postponed the previous match (Stepanek), I assume it won't take place, but who knows: Jérémy-Gonzo is well worth Centre court. ;)

Cloudygirl
04-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Gotta hijack this to say c'mon Ernie. He is beating Almagro

Edit Gonzo Chardy has just come up on livescores so Richie Jo still might be on at the end of the Italian match

Puschkin
04-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Gonzo Chardy has just come up on livescores so Richie Jo still might be on at the end of the Italian match

obviously not:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/416/op.pdf

Gretchen.
04-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Richie is first match on court 1 tomorrow

and it's 2 matches in one day :mad:

Schu
04-28-2009, 11:35 PM
GOnzo - Chardy is a good center court match but I don't get it, that matdh was on court 3 or 4, does that mean that they will be waiting to put Richie-Jo on the second court, which by the way is 3-3 in the third, destined for a TB, no doubt? Ernie just beat Almagro on Court 3 - If they put them on court 3 with no TV after all this i will personally fly to ROME and :armed::boxing::smash::timebomb: the tournament officials.

Never mind...

We could only HOPE it's 2 matches in one day for richie. but with the weather its doubtful whoever wins will make it to the second.

Cloudygirl
04-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Richie is first match on court 1 tomorrow

and it's 2 matches in one day :mad:

oh fantastic scheduling Rome why on earth did they play second round matches today. So Nole gets a day off but Richie or Jo have to play twice in one day.

Gretchen.
04-28-2009, 11:40 PM
oh fantastic scheduling Rome why on earth did they play second round matches today. So Nole gets a day off but Richie or Jo have to play twice in one day.

Yeah and he plays Gulbis who just finished :mad:

That is so not fair if he gets past Jo he's gonna die in the second match

PinkFeatherBoa
04-28-2009, 11:41 PM
:banghead:

So Richard (or Jo) will have to play twice, while Novak got to go through to the 3rd rnd already?! Rome organisers really thought this through.

but-it's-ok
The scheduling for Ritchie truly sucks:awww: I don't get starting the 2nd round,when the 1st round isn't done:crazy:

Puschkin
GOnzo - Chardy is a good center court match but I don't get it, that matdh was on court 3 or 4, does that mean that they will be waiting to put Richie-Jo on the second court
No, Richie is on the OOP twice for tomorrow. I wonder what is better: twice tomorrow or starting his match at 1.00am. I just hope they told him early enough that he wouldn't play today. And it might be tough to accept, but the Top 3 always get better treatment for their schedules.

Schu
04-28-2009, 11:44 PM

Maybe I'll :smash: :boxing: :armed: :timebomb: the tournamnet scheduler anyway. Richie just can't catch a break with times.

Cloudygirl
04-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Playing round 2 before round 1 is just stupid though. Only good thing is that rain is scheduled again for tomorrow so highly unlikely whoever wins will play twice. Heavy rain forecast all day tomorrow.

Plus I'm being negative I know but it will prob be Jo anyway :(

Schu
04-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Plus I'm being negative I know but it will prob be Jo anyway :(

I hate to say it but I'm feeling the same too. I just hope win or loose, that he gets that spark back in his game and he feels good on the court. Seems I was saying the same thing last year about this time...

As for the rain, a slight shower in the morning to delay things just enough so that when I wake up at my usual time, I haven't missed anything would be nice. That court is gonna be like mud.

Cloudygirl
04-29-2009, 12:30 AM
slower the court I would think would help Richie. I think I am destined not to see him play on clay. Mind you, weather forecast says it will piss down with rain again all day so 2 matches are unlikely and he still may not have finished when I finish work.

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Rain dancing. :yawn:

If it's not 2 matches tomorrow because of rain, then it will simply be 2 later in the week (optimism mode switched on).
I'm torn- if it rains a little tomorrow then I might still see it when I get home- but I don't know that I want to watch that much! I agree slower court should favour him...

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 07:46 AM
So, here we are : Richard's match is the ONLY one, not even started, and of the three unfinished matches, two involve a French player.

aislingmcfly
04-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Does anyone know how the weather is looking in Rome atm? I'm going out to dinner and I'm hoping the match will be delayed :S

tufani
04-29-2009, 12:08 PM
It is sunny in Rome now. Richard and Jo are both on the court. Richie's in red! :cool:

amandita
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
It is sunny in Rome now. Richard and Jo are both on the court. Richie's in red! :cool:

tufani,where are you watching?

tufani
04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm using Betfair livestream. Registration is required, it's free. ;)

Dini
04-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Allez Richie!!!

Make yourself and us proud :kiss:

You can do it :armed:

Davodus
04-29-2009, 12:16 PM
allez! lets go

Eliande
04-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Good luck to Richard!
If he wins this match, he'll have to play again today, against Gulbis. Fingers crossed...:)

Davodus
04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
:( should have won that point, but good shot from tsonga

Dini
04-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Wow what an entertaining game :worship:

Keep it up :worship:

Renaud
04-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Brilliant first game. Allez Richard !

Davodus
04-29-2009, 12:22 PM
he is hitting his forehand ok so far i think

tennis lover
04-29-2009, 12:24 PM
oh my goodness, he's actually playing?! :eek: :banana: ALLEZ! :bounce:

BaleoutRichie
04-29-2009, 12:27 PM
are u guys all watching on betfair, any other sites?

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I should really be anywhere but here but this match was irresistable.

Allez, nice start.

Davodus
04-29-2009, 12:29 PM
going backwards too much on return

Renaud
04-29-2009, 12:29 PM
You can also watch on bet365. :)

Dini
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Jo's forehand is on fire...

:rolleyes:

Davodus
04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
richard is being a little too passive, but he is hitting some aggressive forehands

Venle
04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Allez Richie, best of luck :hug:

reggie1
04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
The weather looks glorious today there. Allez Richie!
I think Jo looks like he has lost weight.

Masha91
04-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Allez Richie! Je crois en toi!

Dini
04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Yay!! Saved...phew

:bounce::bounce:

Masha91
04-29-2009, 12:51 PM
are u guys all watching on betfair, any other sites?

I'm watching it on http://www.justin.tv/hermizzle19

It's not particularly good though but it's something :)

Masha91
04-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Held! :)

tennis lover
04-29-2009, 01:03 PM
:scared:

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Held thankfully now break!

tennis lover
04-29-2009, 01:09 PM
please break now, don't think I can take a TB! :sobbing:

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
TB! Allez Richie!

tennis lover
04-29-2009, 01:14 PM
ooh, minibreak :dance:

Davodus
04-29-2009, 01:15 PM
standing too far back!

tennis lover
04-29-2009, 01:15 PM
:o

tennis lover
04-29-2009, 01:16 PM
beautiful BH! :worship:

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Take it now Richie, allez!

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:20 PM
ALLEZ! Keep it up!

tennis lover
:woohoo: Now he needs to try to win the second set as easily as possible to conserve some energy...don't mess it up Richie! ;)

Dini
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:bounce:

:armed:

:kiss: for that backhand winner

simplet
04-29-2009, 01:23 PM
They're both playing very aggressively! It's difficult to say if that kind of game will get either of them very far in clay-court tournaments, but right now it's very pleasing to the eye to say the least.

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Take the bp!

Davodus
04-29-2009, 01:28 PM
still standing too far back!

Schu
04-29-2009, 01:29 PM
YEA BABY! i just woke up at 5-4 - was glad to see he was still in the set. Nice TB!

Like the red shirt - DON'T like how far back he is standing on service return but so is JO.

Keep it up Richie, always good when Tsonga doesn't have the momentum of winning the first set. But suppose it would be nice if he could at least get a few break points on Tsonga's serve

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh that backhand!

lamnathalie
04-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Allez Richie!!

Schu
04-29-2009, 01:36 PM
A few more points like that one Richie! and his first BP - Take it!!

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Broken! Now hold and consolidate, allez!

Davodus
break!

Schu
YES! A break!!!! HOLD YOUR SERVE!!!!!!

Schu
04-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Nice aggressive service game from Richie. Jo looks tired and pisssed. Keep it up, Richie!

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Held!

Davodus
04-29-2009, 01:53 PM
tough hold, good job

Vlad1980
04-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Is it me or Richard is not getting to drop shots very well?

Masha91
04-29-2009, 01:59 PM
One game away now, allez!

Masha91
04-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Serve it out now Richie! :)

Davodus
04-29-2009, 02:02 PM
just 1 more hold please!

Davodus
04-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Is it me or Richard is not getting to drop shots very well?

it's because he is so far back when he returns, tsonga can play them not even well and win the point :ras:

Masha91
04-29-2009, 02:05 PM
MP, now Richie!

Dini
04-29-2009, 02:06 PM
2 points away!! C'mon you wonderful wonderboy you!! :kiss:

Masha91
ALLEZ Richie, well done!

Davodus
game set match! well played richard!

Vlad1980
04-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Good match Richard. He hit his forehand very well throughout. :)

Dini
04-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Yes!!!!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

God I'm over the moon!! :sobbing:

Richie I frigging love you :kiss:

Allez in the 2nd round :armed: You can do it! :bounce:

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Allez Richie :bigclap:

Now he has to play against Gulbis :ras:

reggie1
04-29-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm really glad that Richie won but it makes me as mad as hell that Jo has to put up with that kind of racist shit from the crowd. I think Jo was very out of sorts because of it.

Dini
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm really glad that Richie won but it makes me as mad as hell that Jo has to put up with that kind of racist shit from the crowd. I think Jo was very out of sorts because of it.

Vicky what racist shit? :eek: I must have missed it...

Stephie Cesc
04-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Good job Richie! :yeah:

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 02:14 PM
When Richard plays like today, he never fails to put a smile on my face. The FH was looking good too, remember 1 particular great service return. Needs to sort out the return positioning as he was leaving himself exposed to the dropshots. The BH was beautiful. Bravo Richard!!! Felt bad for Jo though, both deserved better than a 1st rounder.

Can't believe that we have to do this again today. :lol: Allez.

reggie1
04-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Vicky what racist shit? :eek: I must have missed it...I was watching it on interactive on Sky and I could hear ape noises being made and whistling when Jo was about to serve.

~*BGT*~
04-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Only managed to see the last 2 points. :rolls: But I did see GSM so that's enough. :yeah:

reggie1
04-29-2009, 02:19 PM
I thought Richard played really well though, he capitalised on Jo's errors and looked much more solid than I have seen him of late. Well done Richie and best of luck for later (it's madness that he has to play again today!) against Ernie. All my faves are playing against each other.

tennis lover
04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
:banana: :yeah: It feels like so long since Richard won a match! :o Hopefully he can recover in time and be ready to do it all over again in a few hours! :bounce:

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 02:28 PM
I was watching it on interactive on Sky and I could hear ape noises being made and whistling when Jo was about to serve.

Oh wow, poor Jo, I didn't hear the noises (wasn't listening closely though) but I did see Jo turn to the crowd and address them at one point. That's just horrible.

I thought Richard played really well though, he capitalised on Jo's errors and looked much more solid than I have seen him of late. Well done Richie and best of luck for later (it's madness that he has to play again today!) against Ernie. All my faves are playing against each other.

Yeah the draw is awful, so many players I like in that section.

Tommy fan
04-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Great win Richard! :D :yeah:
Keep playing this well and good luck against Gulbis, do your best!

From your comments it sounds like he played extremely well, shame I couldn't watch it.. Does anyone have it and is willing to upload?

Schu
04-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Vicky what racist shit? :eek: I must have missed it...

I missed that too. In fact from what I could tell it sounded like the crowd was pretty fair and trying to cheer both on. That would be sad if true and I would imagine it would have bothered Richard as well.

ANyway from what I saw, Richie looked pretty solid apart from his court position at times (and at other times his position was good) and he played some very good, aggresive points on several occassions to save break points and his forehand was not half bad.

Good job Richie. Now on to Ernie - Well at least he'll be warmed up for later, it didn't go 3 sets and he has had a few days of rest so actually probably feels O.K. now.

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Only managed to see the last 2 points. :rolls: But I did see GSM so that's enough. :yeah:

I saw nothing and could not even follow it on SB, maybe that's why he won. ;)

Dini
04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Great win Richard! :D :yeah:
Keep playing this well and good luck against Gulbis, do your best!

From your comments it sounds like he played extremely well, shame I couldn't watch it.. Does anyone have it and is willing to upload?

Check t3nnis.tv later on today and download it from there. But you need to sign up first- which is easy peasy lemon squeezy.

tufani
04-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Match stats:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3452/f7a0c50110e3.jpghttp://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8276/0284586b4751.jpg

reggie1
04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I saw nothing and could not even follow it on SB, maybe that's why he won. ;):lol::banana:Hooray, I'm no longer the jinx! :o

Davodus
04-29-2009, 02:50 PM
I missed that too. In fact from what I could tell it sounded like the crowd was pretty fair and trying to cheer both on. That would be sad if true and I would imagine it would have bothered Richard as well.

Good job Richie. Now on to Ernie - Well at least he'll be warmed up for later, it didn't go 3 sets and he has had a few days of rest so actually probably feels O.K. now.

i missed it too, i noticed the crowd taking FOREVER to leave or come in...they had no regard for the fact the players were waiting

also, the match wasn't really physically draining, not a lot of running really, not a long match, so he should be completely fine, otherwise he is not fit enough ;)

reggie1
04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
i missed it too, i noticed the crowd taking FOREVER to leave or come in...they had no regard for the fact the players were waiting

also, the match wasn't really physically draining, not a lot of running really, not a long match, so he should be completely fine, otherwise he is not fit enough ;)Yes, the crowd were awful in that regard. What made me laugh too was at a really tense point, there was this woman in the front row stuffing the most enormous hamburger in her mouth at top speed right in the corner of my tv!
And as for being fit, maybe all that dancing until 5am in nightclubs is paying off, it's his new exercise regime! :D

Keijan
04-29-2009, 03:01 PM
I didn't hear the racist comments. But the crowd was really stupid, taking ages to sit down and then whistling Jo when he makes a gesture to say that if you don't mind, I would like to start my service game, please !Poor Jo :hug:

Why does Richie have to forget all his complexes and play like a god ONLY in front of Frenchmen, please ? He'd better beat Gulbis now !

And as for being fit, maybe all that dancing until 5am in nightclubs is paying off, it's his new exercise regime!

I do think he's lost weight too but where does that come from ?

Schu
04-29-2009, 03:04 PM
What a GREAT DAY!!!

Richie beats Tsonga AND Murray LOOSES to Monaco!!!!!

Yes, Vicki hope his new fitness regime pays off today.

*Martolina*
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM
I have see the match and i can say that richie played very well!!
During the break point for Jo, Richie went very often to the net..
He was very focused on the match and he wanted to win this game so much..!!
Now the problem is his physical condition..

ellen_
04-29-2009, 03:09 PM
So... Enemies for a day :p Cool. Wish you all the best for the match :hug: Both players need the win so there's no reason to be nice to eachother :lol:

Davodus
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, the crowd were awful in that regard. What made me laugh too was at a really tense point, there was this woman in the front row stuffing the most enormous hamburger in her mouth at top speed right in the corner of my tv!

oh my gosh i saw that! i was cracking up, this woman was absolutely slurping this giant burger down
i was going :haha:

Davodus
04-29-2009, 03:12 PM
So... Enemies for a day :p Cool. Wish you all the best for the match :hug: Both players need the win so there's no reason to be nice to eachother :lol:

yes...enemies :p

bring it on, carrot man :armed: :lol:

ellen_
04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Shut up, you peach :ras:

but-it's-ok
04-29-2009, 03:18 PM
May the best man win,enjoy the match guys;):hug:

Davodus
04-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Shut up, you peach :ras:

its apricots :ras:
peaches are fine :p

Herdwick
04-29-2009, 03:22 PM
:woohoo: At work so couldn't see it but cracking result - and good for his confidence after recent days.

Richie :kiss: :hug:

ellen_
04-29-2009, 03:25 PM
its apricots :ras:
peaches are fine :p

Our peaches have hair too, though :shrug:

For a moment I thought I was posting in the wrong forum :rolls: Hi Herdwick.

Davodus
04-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Our peaches have hair too, though :shrug:

For a moment I thought I was posting in the wrong forum :rolls: Hi Herdwick.

yeah same with ours...but its not as disgusting and feral looking as apricots :lol:

orangehat
04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
ahha hi guys! i'm sorry i haven't been around lately, very busy with school...

reggie1
04-29-2009, 03:39 PM
I didn't hear the racist comments. But the crowd was really stupid, taking ages to sit down and then whistling Jo when he makes a gesture to say that if you don't mind, I would like to start my service game, please !Poor Jo :hug:

Why does Richie have to forget all his complexes and play like a god ONLY in front of Frenchmen, please ? He'd better beat Gulbis now !

I do think he's lost weight too but where does that come from ?
One of the Spanish posters knows the owner of a nightclub in Barcelona and Richie was apparently dancing the night away until 5am a couple of nights (I think I've got that right). Also, when he went back to his hotel he wasn't alone! And I doubt it was Peyre who was tucking him in :o :devil:

reggie1
04-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Sorry Marion, I forgot to say "hello" :wavey: It's nice to have you back. :)

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Come on Rich, just think Gulbis is French and everything will be fine. ;)

Keijan
04-29-2009, 03:52 PM
One of the Spanish posters knows the owner of a nightclub in Barcelona and Richie was apparently dancing the night away until 5am a couple of nights (I think I've got that right). Also, when he went back to his hotel he wasn't alone! And I doubt it was Peyre who was tucking him in :o :devil:

Hi Vicky, how are things going for you lately ? :)

I think I know which Spanish poster you're talking about :lol: I'd say we shouldn't give too much credit to this kind of rumours :p or maybe we should start believing serves-it-up story too :scratch: :lol:
I'm all up to believe that Richie is a womanizer, but not at 5am when he has a match the next day :p

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Yes, the crowd were awful in that regard. What made me laugh too was at a really tense point, there was this woman in the front row stuffing the most enormous hamburger in her mouth at top speed right in the corner of my tv!
And as for being fit, maybe all that dancing until 5am in nightclubs is paying off, it's his new exercise regime! :D
Vicky, picturing that person eating the burger, made me laugh out loud. Oh and I think he was only clubbing until 2.30, 5 was another player, apparently. Your posts always make me smile, you have such a way with words! Did you hear on Sky just now someone emailed in asking if Dr Ivo Karlovic was really a doctor!! :haha: they said "Well he has a PHD in serving."
What a GREAT DAY!!!

Richie beats Tsonga AND Murray LOOSES to Monaco!!!!!

Yes, Vicki hope his new fitness regime pays off today.

It is a great day of results with PHM through too.

Hope Richie will keep it up later.

Tommy fan
04-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Check t3nnis.tv later on today and download it from there. But you need to sign up first- which is easy peasy lemon squeezy.

:lol:
I'll try later, usually I don't understand what to do with the torrents, but I'll try again later :)
Thanks!

Schu
04-29-2009, 05:38 PM
It is a great day of results with PHM through too.

Hope Richie will keep it up later.

Just saw that PHM beat Ferrer - things keep getting better!!

Now to top off a wonderful day Richie just has to win again.

Hope his nightime workouts at the nightclub/hotel will pay off in the fitness department today. AS was said earlier, the first match didn't appear to be that tiring as there really weren't too many long rallies. If he can't play 4 or 5 sets in one day with a several hour break in between after not playing a match for almost a week he doesn't deserve to win.

ALLEZ RICHIE!

Jozie
04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Well done Richie! Just saw the highlights, and had to follow the scoreboard.
Good luck, hopefully vs Gulbis is televised.
:yeah:

Cloudygirl
04-29-2009, 06:31 PM

I wished that had worked for me I did try it for a while.

Is Rome on Sky? It had better be on at the gym later I don't want to miss the match

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I wished that had worked for me I did try it for a while.

Is Rome on Sky? It had better be on at the gym later I don't want to miss the match

Tori, it's on Sky Sports 1 ATM. The weather looks a little worrying though, fingers crossed the rain holds off.

Cloudygirl
04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I'd rather it rained for an hour so I could go to the gym and come back. Does that make me a bad person.

I'm going to be saying to my trainer can we work on the equipment in front of the tv lol.

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 06:43 PM
No, of course it doesn't. Looks like the rain blew over I'm afraid but Gilles still has a set to go anyway.

Hopefully your trainer will understand. ;)

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 07:41 PM
There must be more people watching this on the internet than in Rome. :rolleyes:

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 07:42 PM
anybody got any live streams anywhere??

Jozie
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Can't believe I am watching the scoreboard again. :(

lamnathalie
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
anybody got any live streams anywhere??
Bet365?

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Bet365?

It's not working there :sobbing:

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I watch the Atp stream, bad start for Rich, hardly a first serve.

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 07:51 PM
one stop too many by Gulbis, BP Ri

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 07:52 PM
break gifted by Gulbis on a DF

lamnathalie
04-29-2009, 07:53 PM
It's not working there :sobbing:
Oh, it's working for me though...

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 07:53 PM
I watch the Atp stream, bad start for Rich, hardly a first serve.

oooh so you have an account on tennistv??

Schu
04-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Well first game not great for rIchie - playing TOO far back and just didn't react to a dropshot that wasn't that great while Gulbis pounced on Richie's dropshot which was actually not bad. MOVE IT RIchie - just got taken by another drop shot from ernie to loose first game. But good enough, breaks back with a DF from Gulbis

and yes since there are about 20 people in the stands I'm sure there are more people watching just on MTF than in the stands -

~*BGT*~
04-29-2009, 07:55 PM
oooh so you have an account on tennistv??

Mine is usually good but but the video is moving in slow motion so I hear the ball about 4 seconds before I see the shot. :mad: So I'm not watching. :o

Jozie
04-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I am relying on y'all to give me updates.
I would rather watch paint dry, than watch Del Potro (no offence to his fans)- just can't bear to watch right now, knowing my fave is playing on the court next door.

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Mine is usually good but but the video is moving in slow motion so I hear the ball about 4 seconds before I see the shot. :mad: So I'm not watching. :o

Ugh that sucks, I had found a live stream on justin.tv but the moron changed it to basketball :mad:

Schu
04-29-2009, 08:01 PM

SO it'not just mine! why is there ball noise and clapping when they are sitting on the bench! Guess I can't complain it beats watching the scorebard.

~*BGT*~
Try channelsurfing.net... I'm checking there now.

PinkFeatherBoa
Feeling blessed to be at home with my Sky Sports. :)

Was a slow start from Richie but at least Gulbis helped him get the break back. Now a break to love for 3-1, Ernie making quite a few UE now.

Allez Mon canon. ;)

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 08:02 PM
naaah nothing on channelsurfing.net or atdhe.net :ras:

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Gulbis is generous and impatient.

~*BGT*~
04-29-2009, 08:06 PM
4-1.. good start. Ernie hasn't held serve all match, hope that will continue. ;) I hope Pants beats Del Pony and make this a perfect 5-0 day for me. :bounce:

Gretchen.
Omg i want to watch :sobbing: Richie is dominating!

aislingmcfly
If it's any help I'm watching betfair365 and I "registered" but I stopped before putting in credit card details and it still lets me watch. It's not great but its something

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 08:07 PM
4-1.. good start. Ernie hasn't held serve all match, hope that will continue. ;) I hope Pants beats Del Pony and make this a perfect 5-0 day for me. :bounce:

Hahaha I know! I've been most happy about Muzza being gone ;)

Dini
04-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Mathieu is on the brink of getting bagelled in the third :sobbing: Only consoloation for that loss will be Richie's win :armed:

~*BGT*~
04-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Hahaha I know! I've been most happy about Muzza being gone ;)

Muzza out, Richie winning twice ( :unsure: ), Rafa through and JJ, although she beat Dominika. :awww:

Schu
04-29-2009, 08:09 PM
naaah nothing on channelsurfing.net or atdhe.net :ras:

Now its in double time - really funny looks like RIchie is running very fast - I like that. 4-1 Richie.

Dani it's a bit better if you mute the sound.

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!? Paulo lost :sobbing: OMG :bigcry:

reggie1
04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh I can't see the match on Sky as my husband is insisting on watching football on the other Sky channel. Who is Del Pony playing? Surely Richie and Ernie would be more of a crowd puller and they aren't the main match on Sky so I can't record it!

~*BGT*~
04-29-2009, 08:12 PM
5-1... the last two times Richie broke with a DF, I called it... I said, "I feel Ernie is gonna DF on BP." :lol:

Dini
Who will Richie face if he wins this? :scratch:

Gretchen.
Muzza out, Richie winning twice ( :unsure: ), Rafa through and JJ, although she beat Dominika. :awww:

He will win twice ;)

Ooooh JJ good for her! Been really upset with her results as of lately, but happy she finally winning some matches:D

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Surely Richie and Ernie would be more of a crowd puller !
Not for Italians, ther eis hardly anyon ethere. The match is not good either.Richie gifting a break back with two Dfs and too long balls.

~*BGT*~

Verdasco! :sobbing: Why couldn't you take the 3rd set Fish. :sad:

Gretchen.

Verdasco :ras:

Jozie
Oh I can't see the match on Sky as my husband is insisting on watching football on the other Sky channel. Who is Del Pony playing? Surely Richie and Ernie would be more of a crowd puller and they aren't the main match on Sky so I can't record it!

Del Pony is playing Troicki. 3 games all in first set.

Who's your hubby supporting? Mine is for the Arsenal?

~*BGT*~
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
5-2 :o

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh shit! Richie!!!! :mad:

Hold your stupid serve

Dini
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Verdasco is beatable on clay :angel: He can do it :armed:

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Richie did a spectacular job of breaking himself in that last game. :o :lol:

It really isn't a good match so far but it doesn't really need to be as long as he gets the win.

Schu
04-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Tennistv still had it in 5-1 game - I go check the scoreboard for Del POny and I see RIchie lost his serve - Focus Richie!!

Gretchen.
04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
:lol: How many double faults has Ernie made?!!?

bahahaha he just made one again :haha:

How is this not 6-0 already

reggie1
04-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Del Pony is playing Troicki. 3 games all in first set.

Who's your hubby supporting? Mine is for the Arsenal?Yes, mine is a Gooner too Jozie. He now has his head in his hands since MU scored :eek: I want to watch the tennis :(. I don't know why Sky have featured Del Pony v Troicki as the main match. That's not going to set the world alight. Sky won't let you record unless it's the main televised match :sad: So Richie not doing so well then?

Jozie
04-29-2009, 08:20 PM
So who wants to win this?
Where is Richie's head... on the way to a nightclub again? :(

Dini
04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Set in the bag :bounce:

Erno didn't hold once :tape:

murray_2k8
Hey is there a stream for this match? Everyone here wants to watch Arsenal v Man U :sobbing:

Congrats on beating Tsonga and doing well so far btw ;)

Gretchen.
YES! first set in the bag :woohoo:

Puschkin
great point from Ri to finish, but Gulbis is horribly poor so far. I somehow feel Richie is suprised by this and has not yet grasped, that he simply could destroy Gulbis.

reggie1
04-29-2009, 08:24 PM
So who wants to win this?
Where is Richie's head... on the way to a nightclub again? :(

:lol: yes, he's going to be :dance: (Any excuse to use those dancing smileys, I love them!)

Schu
04-29-2009, 08:26 PM
If Gulbis could get two serves in a row in the court RIchie might be in trouble. But fortunately he can't. Now stop fooling around and win this second set quick - unless you like being the last match on court at midnight. Richie, the faster you win it the sooner you can resume your nightime "training".

Jozie
04-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes, mine is a Gooner too Jozie. He now has his head in his hands since MU scored :eek: I want to watch the tennis :(. I don't know why Sky have featured Del Pony v Troicki as the main match. That's not going to set the world alight. Sky won't let you record unless it's the main televised match :sad: So Richie not doing so well then?

Richie just won the first set 6-2. Not watching, but from what I can tell from the scoreboard :o
neither Ernie nor Richie are playing very well. Don't think the scoreboard is a true reflection of the match.

I am hoping that Richie's match is televised after this, as we have Tennis scheduled until 23h30 (21h30 GMT).

Hope your hubby lets you own the remote control tomorrow, especially if Richie gets through to play Verdasco. :)

Puschkin
04-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Much better first game from Richard, winning the points himself!

~*BGT*~
04-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey is there a stream for this match? Everyone here wants to watch Arsenal v Man U :sobbing:

Congrats on beating Tsonga and doing well so far btw ;)

Not that we know of. :sad:

PinkFeatherBoa
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
great point from Ri to finish, but Gulbis is horribly poor so far. I somehow feel Richie is suprised by this and has not yet grasped, that he simply could destroy Gulbis.

Yes agreed, but that would be too simple for him (and us). He prefers to give us a workout if at all possible. ;)

He needs to stamp on this match now because Gulbis can still settle if he keeps it close.

Jozie
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Much better first game from Richard, winning the points himself!

You must be spot on with your analysis. I am sure Richard knows that this is his match for the taking. Hope he can keep it together.

reggie1
04-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Hope your hubby lets you own the remote control tomorrow, especially if Richie gets through to play Verdasco. :)
I shall be ready for him tomorrow Jozie :armed: Or I'll just hide it :sport::lol:

~*BGT*~
04-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Now Richie is DF-ing on BP. :o

aislingmcfly
04-29-2009, 08:32 PM
bet365 has a stream but it's not worth watching it's terrible

reggie1
04-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Half time, I've got 15 minutes! yippee!

reggie1
04-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Ernie's not bad on clay, didn't he get to the QF of RG?