Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!! [Archive] - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Jozie
08-06-2009, 07:22 PM
No they can't ban him pending an appeal, and I am certain he is free to continue playing, for the time being.

I am certain his lawyers are very hard at work at the moment. They probably have been given a number of weeks to prepare their case.

What a bunch of clowns the ITF are. Surely they had a lawyer representing them at the Independent Tribunal. Why did they not sort this out first time round.

Instead it is just more money, more time and not to mention a Professional Tennis Players reputation and career at stake!!!! :mad:

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
and I took them three weeks to come up with that single sentence. :rolleyes:

"The ITF can confirm that, jointly with Wada, it has appealed to Cas against the decision of the independent tribunal in the case of Richard Gasquet."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8188590.stm

This is approaching a witch hunt. It has nothing to do with the fight agianst doping.anyon e knows the procedur now? How long are the going to drag this on? Hard to imagine, he can focus on his comeback with that new ordeal hanging over him. I am :sad:.

Jozie
08-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Well I wish that Cas shows ITF and WADA the finger.
The Tribunal was appointed by the Dr Miller, the Anti-Doping Manager of the ITF - and it was the Tribunal's decision to declare him illegible from participation for 2 1/2 months.
Do the ITF actually know what they are doing? This is outrageous.

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't imagine they will be disputing that he unintentionally took cocaine that was accepted first time round. It will be how he consumed it and I imagine this is where Pamela and her hair strand tests come in. If they were pos then he will be ok but if they are neg then he can't prove how he consumed the cocaine so I reckon he might be looking at another short ban. I'm sure nothing like 2 years though. I hope he will play in the interim. Knowing my luck he won't be in Paris again though :(

Gretchen.
08-06-2009, 07:44 PM
No, this isn't about getting Richie punished for using cocaine anymore.The ITF are now turning into bitter clowns who didn't get what they wanted, but what they can't realize is that their 2 year punishment is a total joke and completely unfair.They know perfectly well that Richie doesn't deserve that kind of punishment and if they were as smart as the tribunal that got the fact that is was a total accident they would let this go, but no they are totally now trying to look like the BIG douches that they are.

This is so stupid and unnecessary and all this is not helping Richard for his comeback at all :sobbing: :mad:

But even if Pamela's hair strands come back negative that just proves she isn't a regular consumer of cocaine it doesn't prove she had some in her system that night right?

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Course its not but they don't give a shit about him what they care about is the decision in relation to Richie being used in relation to future cases to get people off.

Jozie
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Course its not but they don't give a shit about him what they care about is the decision in relation to Richie being used in relation to future cases to get people off.

You are right, it is all about setting a precedent for future cases.
Pressure from WADA, to whom ITF subscribe for their Anti-doping ruling.

Poor Richard :sad:

acd692
08-06-2009, 07:52 PM
i got lost.. richie has problems again? what happened? he is not playing montreal, but cincinnati?

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 07:53 PM
i got lost.. richie has problems again? what happened? he is not playing montreal, but cincinnati?

the ITF and WADA have jointly appealed the decision which reinstated him.

I'm sure his solicitors would have been expecting it though.

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
No, this isn't about getting Richie punished for using cocaine anymore.

Fully agree with you both. This is not about Richard anymore. I hope has got the strength to deal with that set-back. Courage, Richard.

mayagaller
08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Honestly, I can't see this appeal going anywhere as Cas is not going to say "Yeah, our tribunal is a bunch of idiots, let's just reverse its decision."

Too bad Richie has go through all of this. Best of luck to him and his team.

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't think they will do that but they might give him a short ban. That wouldn't surprise me, it was very lenient. Depends on whether or not there is a civil case or whether the police investigating Richie's complaints do have some results.

Gretchen.
08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
How short do you think Tori...like another 3 months?

But yup Richard must have courage to get through this and we know he can, so hopefully this isn't setting him back even more.:sad:

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't imagine they will be disputing that he unintentionally took cocaine that was accepted first time round.(

from the anti-doping-rules, two interesting aspects: I can't find anything about timeframes, though.

O.2.2 The only Person who may appeal a decision to impose (or not to
vacate) a Provisional Suspension is the Player affected by the
Provisional Suspension. In accordance with Article K.3.6(a), he/she
may appeal that decision exclusively to CAS.

O.6.3 Where required in order to do justice (for example to cure procedural
errors at the first instance hearing), appeals before CAS pursuant to
this Article O shall take the form of a re-hearing de novo of the issues
raised by the case. In all other cases such appeals shall not take the
form of a de novo hearing but instead shall be limited to a
consideration of whether the decision being appealed was erroneous.

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Depends really I think worst case scenario he could end up with a year ban in total. Thats worst though I reckon maybe 6 months total realistically with him already having served 2 months and not playing for another month as a consequence that wouldn't be too bad.

Depends what they are doing though whether they are waiting for results of the police case and what happens with that. I thought it would get 2 years first time round though so what the heck do I know.

acd692
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
he won't play us open or cincinatti? omg i'm totally lost.. i found this: The biggest news on the men’s side is that former top 10 players Marcos Baghdatis and Richard Gasquet have requested main draw wild cards, along with American John Isner.

http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2009/08/04/sports/doc4a78f259e9eb2425497063.txt

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I've just heard about the ITF's decision to appeal and all I can say is thank God they are doing the right thing for tennis. Doping is UNACCEPTABLE and it is up to the tennis body to show that and make an example of Richard. He should NEVER have gotten away with the 'kissing a girl' theory so good on the ITF and I hope he gets the maximum of 2 years. I like Richard but ... if you can't do the time don't do the crime I'm afraid

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Doping is UNACCEPTABLE.
One can hardly dope with coke for a match one did not even play.

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 08:26 PM
One can hardly dope with coke for a match one did not even play.

Precisely and he withdrew before he was tested.

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:26 PM
He still took drugs Pushkin and it's about time Richard fans took their blinkers off and recognise the fact that Richard had cocaine in his system and all of you are incredibly naive and silly to believe he got it from kissing someone. Hell, I've kissed someone who took coke before and I wasn't affected by it ... it just doesn't happen like that no matter WHAT you guys believe. Come on you guys ... have a bit of sense and take the blinkers off ... for your own sakes ... please?

Gasquetno.1
08-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I've just heard about the ITF's decision to appeal and all I can say is thank God they are doing the right thing for tennis. Doping is UNACCEPTABLE and it is up to the tennis body to show that and make an example of Richard. He should NEVER have gotten away with the 'kissing a girl' theory so good on the ITF and I hope he gets the maximum of 2 years. I like Richard but ... if you can't do the time don't do the crime I'm afraid

Yeah, cause you know exactly what happened that night, and you know that Richard was doping dont you?
Its been said thousands of times, he wasnt doping, and he is obviously innocent.

Ive already sent an angry email to the ITFs general enquiries, lets hope that changes their mind ;)

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry cloudygirl but I've read your posts and you seem to be a very sensible poster ... one of the most sensible on here that's for sure ... he withdrew because he took the coke and realised he could possibly be tested and most likely would and if he played a match he would be in even bigger trouble than he is now. Like I say it is time for the blinkers to come off it really is

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh my God are you actually for real ... you sent a mail to the ITF??? Like that's REALLY going to change their minds :rolleyes:

Schu
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Guess I'm not really surprised at the appeal and I imagine neither is RIchie or his attorneys. As you guys already said it's not about punishing someone for doping it's about the ITF protecting their insane rule, setting a precedent for future cases. Well news flash ITF/WADA - if another player shows up with "a grain of salt" worth of cocaine in their system they should not be banned for 2 years either. It's time the WADA revised their guidelines - how can anyone cheat on a grain of salt!

Anyone know how long the appeal process takes?

As for his withdrawal from MOntreal I argee it's not lack of physical preparation, although I'm sure he could use more training, it's mental preparation - he has got to deal with YET ANOTHER BLOW! WOnder if he'll play CIncy/ New Haven. I guess it's really easy for me to say but he should let his attorneys handle this, say "FU" to the ITF and play lights out until a decision, hopefully in his favor, is finally reached.

HANG TOUGH RICHIE!

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 08:31 PM
He still took drugs Pushkin and it's about time Richard fans took their blinkers off and recognise the fact that Richard had cocaine in his system and all of you are incredibly naive and silly to believe he got it from kissing someone. Hell, I've kissed someone who took coke before and I wasn't affected by it ... it just doesn't happen like that no matter WHAT you guys believe. Come on you guys ... have a bit of sense and take the blinkers off ... for your own sakes ... please?

Even the itf didn't dispute that he took the cocaine involuntarily. He had unmetabolised cocaine in his urine which means it had been ingested only a few hours before the test was done but the amount was tiny. They said the equivalent of between 1 and 5 grains of salt. If he had been doing coke the amount they would have found in his urine would have been far more. Also they would have found positive his hair strand test.

I don't wear blinkers where anyone is concerned and I'm far from naive in relation to clubbing and club culture.

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 08:33 PM
He still took drugs Pushkin ....it just doesn't happen like that no matter WHAT you guys believe. Come on you guys ... have a bit of sense and take the blinkers off ... for your own sakes ... please?
Thanks for enlightening us, I wonder how we could even live before you graced us with your insight.

Ive already sent an angry email to the ITFs general enquiries, lets hope that changes their mind ;)
I don't think this helps Richard, seriously.

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I think the reason he's not playing Montreal is because he knew they were going to appeal and if he plays and they win their appeal he loses all his ranking points and prize money for Montreal (or any subsequent tourneys) so he decided best not to play at this moment in time. Cloudygirl, tiny or not, he still took cocaine ... personally I believe voluntary rather than involuntary but I'm a realist rather than a blinded fan. Like I say, don't get me wrong I do like Richard and am a fan of his tennis, but it is time to be realistic

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:34 PM
And how did I ever live without your graceful sarcasm Pushkin ;)

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Why the heck would you voluntarily take only 5 grains of cocaine. You wouldn't feel anything from it. If you are going to do coke you take enough for it to make a difference thats the whole point.

I'm not blind, I don't think Richard or anyone on that tour is an angel. People who work hard generally play hard too. However it's clear he had no intention of playing because he was able to produce an MRI at the hearing that showed he had a shoulder injury which is why he was withdrawing. So no intention to play, and such a small amount of cocaine that it is the equivalent of 1-5 grains of salt does not make a cheater. He doesn't deserve a ban for that. It is ridiculous for him to get banned for that.

I actually agree with you that he probably didn't play Montreal because he knew there would be an appeal. I bet his solicitors have known for a few days and his mind would have been on whether or not there would be an appeal which I'm sure has impacted on what training he has done. It was very likely and I'm sure his solicitors knew that and have continued working in the interim.

Gretchen.
08-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Keep the bitchfests for GM rokebyflynn :o

None of us are blind or wear blinkers, are you calling the tribunal that said he wasn't guilty blind and stupid too?Save it for people who care :rolleyes:

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Maybe he was curious and just wanted to try a small amount? It can happen. Personally I think he should get at least a year ban. It's only just and fair. What wasn't fair was the non-ban he got in the first place. There was no way were the ITF not going to appeal such a ridiculous ruling. He had drugs in his system simple as

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes sunnysmydelite I am calling the tribunal stupid and blinkered. Frankly I am shocked that highly intelligent and trained individuals would be duped by such a stupid excuse as 'I kissed a girl' ... come on :retard: :rolleyes:

Schu
08-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry cloudygirl but I've read your posts and you seem to be a very sensible poster ... one of the most sensible on here that's for sure ... he withdrew because he took the coke and realised he could possibly be tested and most likely would and if he played a match he would be in even bigger trouble than he is now. Like I say it is time for the blinkers to come off it really is

Is RIchie 21 back!!

Perhaps you are the one with blinders. THe decision wasn't about HOW it got in his system. HOw is cocaine the amount of a grain of salt DOPING!!! And how is ANY amount of cocaine doping - it does not enhance performance, at least not in a professional tennis match. Yes we know what the WADA rule is but it is totally insane and the tribunal was FINALLY a voice of reason to make the punishment fit the crime. if you bothered to take off your blinders you would also know he had a shoulder injury that had forced him to withdraw from several other tournaments, he had an MRI the afternoon before that fateful party which showed the injury was not healed but you seem to know better exactly what his intentions were that weekend.

We Gasquet fans do support RIchie but you might also note that we do see his faults - very few have blinders on.

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Maybe he was curious and just wanted to try a small amount?
An amount so small that you don't even feel the consequences. Whose blinders should be put off?

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:46 PM
I hardly call noticing that he has bad hair and bad dress sense noticing his faults ... and no I have never even HEARD of Richie 21 ... whoever the fuck he is :lol: Yes, cocaine might not be doping but it's still illegal drugs and he probably sweated the rest of it out of his system. that is possible too

Gretchen.
08-06-2009, 08:46 PM
If you think it's doping I would love for the ITF to dope Richie up and then make him play to see how many matches even points he'll win, he would probably drop in the first 5 seconds, cocaine is not at all a performance enhancement drug so get a grip and stop talking, cause this is pretty embarrassing for you.

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Are you a scientist?

the expert witnesses interviewed at the tribunal agreed the amount was so small it was unlikely to be recreational use. The panel is composed of professionals.

I think they might know more than you given their field of expertise. What are your credentials?

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 08:50 PM
he probably sweated the rest of it out of his system. that is possible too
He certainly went to the gym with his injured shoulder at 4.00 am to sweat the coke off. Your posts get weirder by the minute.

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:50 PM
I am aware cocaine is not doping as in performance enhancing but it is STILL doping in terms of taking ILLEGAL DRUGS!!! I don't know about you but I ain't in the slightest bit embarrassed here

Cin
08-06-2009, 08:52 PM
they gave us hope, then took it back?

Kournikovaism
08-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Dont get me strated on athletes and illegal drugs, cause Michael Phelps got away scot free for pot where there was photographic evidence he consumed it. :mad: But Hingis and Richie get witch hunted over an illegal drug.

~*BGT*~
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Why are you guys even entertaining this idiot? His kind of posts aren't even allowed in player forums so I've reported them. Ignore him. :wavey:

acd692
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
He certainly went to the gym with his injured shoulder at 4.00 am to sweat the coke off. Your posts get weirder by the minute.

lol i love you:D

Jozie
08-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Why are you guys even entertaining this idiot? His kind of posts aren't even allowed in player forums so I've reported them. Ignore him. :wavey:

Too late, I couldn't help myself...:wavey:

acd692
08-06-2009, 08:56 PM

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Ok so your argument now is that Richie bribed them all.

So 3 credible panel members one of which is a QC

I'd be careful what you say about Tim Kerr he is very good at his job he has an excellent reputation in the legal profession.

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 08:58 PM
I have no idea who Tim Kerr is but anyone who believes a drugs sample came back positive through kissing should be sacked and never allowed practise law again

Schu
08-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Maybe he was curious and just wanted to try a small amount? It can happen. Personally I think he should get at least a year ban. It's only just and fair. What wasn't fair was the non-ban he got in the first place. There was no way were the ITF not going to appeal such a ridiculous ruling. He had drugs in his system simple as

It is even possible to try such a small amount the normal way cocaine is consumed?

THe reason for the WADA rules is to punish athletes who take drugs with the intent of improving their performance. THe microscopic amount in Gasquet's system makes it obvious that was not what he was doing - so how is a year or two ban fair?

He should be responsible for what goes in his body and more careful who and what he hangs around with but he's missed two Grand Slams and one 1000 already - punishment enough for not living in an isolation bubble.

Gretchen.
08-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Wow you sure studied your wikipedia before coming here ;)

Kournikovaism
08-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Oh my God! You seriously believe Michelle Smith had her test tampered with??? I am VERY familiar with that case and that was all her own doing. The test was tampered with as she took it. But I guess being Irish you know all about drugs cheats right? I do agree with you on one thing though ... Michael Phelps should never have gotten away scot free with taking drugs

What exactly are you suggesting????
Athens 2004 may have been delibrate however herbal calmers are now used and Beijing was a problem with the FEI's banned substance list, that horse doesn't need drugs as he has regularlly competed since, he won the Six Bar today in Dublin. Waterford Crystal on the other hand hasn't competed since Athens. Nothing was full proved since Waterford Crystal's B Sample was stolen.

Why would Michelle Smith have put Whiskey or whatever it was in her urine sample, like jesus she knew that would come up, not to mention wasn't the test preformed at her house with the testers present, so does she keep whiskey in the bathroom.

Schu
08-06-2009, 09:06 PM

:yeah: We (at least I) get caried away sometime...

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
And actually BGT (Britain's got talent ... I think not!) I think you'll find I'm not bashing Richie himself so yes my posts are allowed ;)

Kournikovaism
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
So you're suggesting the tester tampered with Michelle Smith's sample? wasn't there a smell of whiskey off it when Michelle brought it down if my memory serves me correctly ... and as for what I'm suggesting ... erm ... Cian O'Connor, Michelle Smith, Stephen Roche ... and many more no doubt ... the Irish can't play it fair because they're not good enough

Stephen Roche never failed a test btw.

Janet Evans and all of USA swimming were pissed about Atlanta cause Evans did shit, hence why they paid these British testers. As I said the test was random and who keeps whiskey in the bathroom. Smith didn't fail any test at the Olympics or elsewhere, she was only found guilty of allegedly tampering. :rolleyes:

Ok Cian O'Connor used a sedative which we all use in the equestrian world if a horse is jizzy, my horse can fret when travelling so I sometimes give him a sedative. The sedative was administered for a vetinary procedure like many are so was still in his system. The B sample was also stolen so maybe it was fine.

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I have no idea who Tim Kerr is but anyone who believes a drugs sample came back positive through kissing should be sacked and never allowed practise law again

lol there were 2 legal professionals on the panel.

Tim Kerr chaired the panel. He is a very notable barrister specialising in sports law and administrative law. He has worked on some very very high profile cases.

Richard McClaren is a professor I believe and has 30+ years experience dealing with arbitrations. He has been an arbitrator for several olympics and has been on CAS since the early 90s.

They are both very experienced and probably their opinions are a little bit more informed than yours. I would be very careful what you say because it's libel for you to suggest that anyone at that hearing was taking bribes.

Schu
08-06-2009, 09:14 PM
I just remembered the "ignore button"

~*BGT*~
08-06-2009, 09:14 PM
And actually BGT (Britain's got talent ... I think not!) I think you'll find I'm not bashing Richie himself so yes my posts are allowed ;)

blackgirltennis came before Britain's Got Talent. ;)

A player forum is a sanctuary for REAL fans, which you are obviously not one. You're trolling and you're being reported. :wavey:

~*BGT*~
08-06-2009, 09:16 PM
(4) Do not go into a player's forum to bash that player or troll the forum. These are the areas where fans of a player can be "safe". If such behavior continues, it will result in warnings and being banned from posting in that particular forum or MTF as a whole.

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 09:16 PM
:woohoo: Well aren't you a clever ducky Schu ;)

Rokebyflynn
08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I haven't bashed Richie or trolled the forum. I'm simply giving an opinion which is allowed so stick that in your pipe and smoke it blackgirltennis

~*BGT*~
08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
ANYWAYS.....

I don't think this appeal will be too successful.

Eimear O'Mahony
08-06-2009, 09:34 PM
But I guess being Irish you know all about drugs cheats right?

the Irish can't play it fair because they're not good enough

Sorry to intrude guys but I read these blatantly racist comments towards Irish people and I had to jump in ... how DARE you??? :fiery: :mad: I hope everyone has reported this IDIOT for their racism

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Already reported Eim and since when were you an intruder in here.

Kournikovaism
08-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry to intrude guys but I read these blatantly racist comments towards Irish people and I had to jump in ... how DARE you??? :fiery: :mad: I hope everyone has reported this IDIOT for their racism

Finally I have some support here :bounce:

Eimear O'Mahony
08-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey Tori :hug: It's good to hear from you. How you doing? I was shocked when I read on the BBC text that they're appealing Richard's sentence. Are they crazy??? You're the legal-eagle amongst us ... do they have grounds for appeal? I'm a little confused as to what grounds they have for appealing? Either way, LEAVE THE BOY ALONE!!! Why can't he just get back to playing tennis in peace? :sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
08-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi Paddyirl. Yes I'll always defend my fellow countrymen to the hilt :armed: You were totally right about Michelle Smith btw ... her sample was tampered with. She had no positive tests at all during the Olympics or prior to the Olympics. I have her book and it was a mighty enjoyable read. As for Cian O'connor ... well ... all I'll say there is that as a market student and being from Waterford my first reaction was 'Shit this is going to do HUGE damage to the public profile of Waterford Crystal' ... possibly because I was doing an assignment on Waterford Crystal at the time :lol:

Kournikovaism
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Haha :lol:

Well since I am always around horses I was kinda following it, he got such luke warm receptions at shows around the country after that, obviously now 4/5 years on everyone does applaud which they didn't after the drug thing. I was always a fan though.

Eimear O'Mahony
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I must confess to not knowing much about horses but by God everyone knew about Cian O'Connor and Waterford bloody Crystal after that :lol: That was interesting to know about the reception he got from the horse shows and you can't blame people. Tell me this though (sorry if I'm boring anyone here ...) but did he intentionally dope the horse or was he just trying to calm him down and used it without realising what he was giving him (if that question makes sense?)

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Eim hi!

I don't really know it would depend on what their grounds for appeal are. I will read back through the rules on appeal at some point but not tonight cos I'm sleepy. Unlike the panel members (not that I'm bashing the point home here or anything) I don't know much at all about sports law, espec doping law. Its a very specialised area.

Eimear O'Mahony
08-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah please do 'cause I'd be interested to know what your take on things is I really would :) I know the feeling about being sleepy. I'm absolutely wrecked. I'll probably head to bed shortly but I'll try and stop by a bit more from now on to chat to you and others I want to try and build my bridges with ;)

tennis lover
08-06-2009, 11:45 PM
It is a pity that players can't chose the tournament they are going to miss. In that case, I'd have a recommendation: Miami. :devil:
:rolls: unfortunately that wouldn't be much of a punishment! ;)

the news about the appeal sucks. :awww: that is all I have to say on the subject.

PinkFeatherBoa
08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Really there aren't any words I have to say right now that are repeatable in regards to the appeal. 3 weeks for that statement though- yeah nice.

Shame Richie pulled out of Montreal but of course expected really. I just hope that assuming no date for the appeal gets set before then- that he will come back for Cinci or somewhere soon and do what he does best- let his playing do the talking (by this I mean of course not by instantly playing superhuman tennis but just the very act of being there playing in whatever dire form), I know easier said than done with this appeal hanging over him now. Allez Richard, stay strong and hope to see you back on a tennis court soon.

acd692
08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
so he can't play until the appeal is over or what? sorry, i just dont understand anything.. i just want to know when we can see him back and playing

PinkFeatherBoa
08-06-2009, 11:55 PM
so he can't play until the appeal is over or what? sorry, i just dont understand anything.. i just want to know when we can see him back and playing

He's free to play of course. It's just whether he is going to feel like playing under the circumstances. As for the 2nd part, I think we all just want to know that. We just still have to be patient. :shrug:

Cloudygirl
08-07-2009, 12:43 AM
so glad it has calmed back down in here. Although I'm still laughing at the suggestion that Richie consuming accidentally is completely implausible but the idea that he has the cash and influence to bribe an entire hearing (witnesses etc) is plausible. He wasn't even ranked in the top 20 at the time of his ban. How influentual do people think he is for goodness sake. They say we are blinkered but these ideas are just ludicrous beyond belief. :mad:

Keijan
08-07-2009, 08:14 AM
But Tori, I do think you're blinkered. I mean, it's absolutely obvious to me that Richard has taken this drug in the aim of doping himself, and it very probably wasn't the first time. Why should he be afraid on the other hand, he has all the ITF in his palm! He is so powerful that he's probably the one who told the ITF to appeal, so that they could take Roland Garros' and Wimbledon's crowns from Federer and give them to Richard as an apology for keeping him away from the courts for so long :haha: I wonder how you can ignore that Richard's ultimate goal is clearly to take Obama down and become the next President of the USA, thanks to his numerous contacts. Really Tori, you've got to open your eyes :p

Puschkin
08-07-2009, 08:18 AM
I wonder how you can ignore that Richard's ultimate goal is clearly to take Obama down and become the next President of the USA, thanks to his numerous contacts.
:haha: This is a lost cause. Richard is not born in the US. He better aspire for Sarkozy's job. :p

Keijan
08-07-2009, 08:23 AM
He will change the law so he can do it ! Margareta, are you actually doubting his awesomness by any chance :aplot: this will be reported, trust me :rolls:

Puschkin
08-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Richard Gasquet: Verdict dans quatre mois

A la suite de l'appel fait par l'ITF, la fédération internationale de tennis, sur la décision de son propre commission qui avait condamné Richard Gasquet à deux mois et demi de suspension le 15 juillet dernier pour "prise non intentionnelle de cocaïne", le Tribunal Arbitral du Sport, le TAS, s'est vu confié le dossier. L'institution basée en Suisse a déclaré que "la procédure sera conduite conformément au Code de l’arbitrage en matière de sport et, en principe, une décision finale sera rendue dans un délai de quatre mois. A la requête des parties, le TAS gardera la présente procédure confidentielle jusqu’à la publication de la sentence finale." Forfait à Montréal, car "à court physiquement", Gasquet n'est pas sorti d'affaire.

http://www.welovetennis.fr/richard-gasquet/13983-decision-quatre-mois

4 further months, i.e. December! Well done, ITF. Please issue a book: "How we ruin a player". :rolleyes:

*Martolina*
08-07-2009, 09:11 AM
This situation is tragic and comic,
i don't understand where they want to get there..
4 months are a lot of time =(

Puschkin
08-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Gasquet, confiant, continue sa préparation

Malgré l'appel de l'ITF, Richard Gasquet va poursuivre sa préparation en vue de son retour à la compétition dans les semaines à venir.

« (Richard Gasquet) est convaincu que le Tribunal Arbitral du Sport (TAS) confirmera qu'il n'a pas absorbé délibérément de cocaïne. Cet appel n'interdit pas aux sportifs de poursuivre la compétition. Aussi, dans l'attente de cette nouvelle audience, Richard Gasquet poursuivra sa préparation en vue de son retour à la compétition dans les semaines à venir », indique l’agent du tennisman français, Nicolas Lamperin, dans un communiqué.

Source: http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/85885/gasquet-confiant-continue-sa-preparation/

Gasquet, confident, continues his preparation

In spite of the appeal by the ITF, Richard Gasquet will continue his preparation with a view to return to competition in the weeks to come.

"He is convinced that the CAS will uphold the decision that he did not take cocaine deliberately, this appeal does not prevent sportsmen to compete, while waiting for another hearing, Richard Gasquet continues his preparation to return to competition in the weeks to come", announces his agent Nicolas Lamperin in a communique. [....]

*Martolina*
08-07-2009, 09:33 AM
it's right that he continues to train, must return on court..
on the courts he must prove to be a fantastic player
enough judgments, we want see him on court!!

marina36
08-07-2009, 09:41 AM
4 months!!!! :eek::eek:
He must be very strong mentally to play tennis with this...

*Martolina*
08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
4 months!!!! :eek::eek:
He must be very strong mentally to play tennis with this...
4 months is the maximum,
i hope that with the with the end of tennis season they will decide the future of poor richie :sad::sad:

marina36
08-07-2009, 09:55 AM
At least, he is confident... I hope this appeal will change nothing...

:topic: Finally, Richard will go to the football match PSG/Montpellier...
http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/dma_une_-Circuit-ATP-Gasquet-a-la-Mosson-pour-voir-le-PSG_88-1028561_filInfosport.Htm

Puschkin
08-07-2009, 10:01 AM
:topic: Finally, Richard will go to the football match PSG/Montpellier...
http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/dma_une_-Circuit-ATP-Gasquet-a-la-Mosson-pour-voir-le-PSG_88-1028561_filInfosport.Htm
as expected. :o

*Martolina*
08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I hope this appeal will change nothing
it will be difficult, we can hope that they don't give him 2 years..it will be too obscene!!

reggie1
08-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Oh no ,I just logged on thinking everything was fine and dandy and read THIS! This is the pits, surely the ITF would have had one of their people present at CAS tribunal to argue this point at the time and not have waited for this long, on the last damned possible day to exercise their right to appeal. It's plain ridiculous. It makes a mockery of the whole system. Surely, the ITF whilst having all of their little rules and regulations, have a responsibilty to the players that they make so much money from. Surely, they deserve some protection and consideration and if they were going to appeal this decision why do it now, it seems a "cruel and unusual" punishment to me. Maybe I could understand it if he had been doped up to the eyeballs and was a regular offender but he wasn't and isn't.

marina36
08-07-2009, 10:29 AM
http://www.liberation.fr/sports/0101584146-affaire-gasquet-la-federation-internationale-fait-appel

:eek::eek: The last paragraph:

"The International federation must now forward a memorandum to the Arbitration court of the sport before this last decides or not a new suspension on a purely provisional basis, the time of procedure. The CAS will then have a four months deadline to return its verdict. As much to say that the participation of the French tennis player to US Open of August 31 to September 13, is more than compromised."

:mad::mad: I hope he won't have a 2nd suspension!!

*Martolina*
08-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh no ,I just logged on thinking everything was fine and dandy and read THIS! This is the pits, surely the ITF would have had one of their people present at CAS tribunal to argue this point at the time and not have waited for this long, on the last damned possible day to exercise their right to appeal. It's plain ridiculous. It makes a mockery of the whole system. Surely, the ITF whilst having all of their little rules and regulations, have a responsibilty to the players that they make so much money from. Surely, they deserve some protection and consideration and if they were going to appeal this decision why do it now, it seems a "cruel and unusual" punishment to me. Maybe I could understand it if he had been doped up to the eyeballs and was a regular offender but he wasn't and isn't.
without doubt this story is bad for us (fans) and it's devastating for him..l'itf has proved inefficient, it's incredible that they have resorted to their decisions..what is the objective? I don't understand much of all..

*Martolina*
08-07-2009, 10:32 AM
http://www.liberation.fr/sports/0101584146-affaire-gasquet-la-federation-internationale-fait-appel

:eek::eek: The last paragraph:

"The International federation must now forward a memorandum to the Arbitration court of the sport before this last decides or not a new suspension on a purely provisional basis, the time of procedure. The CAS will then have a four months deadline to return its verdict. As much to say that the participation of the French tennis player to US Open of August 31 to September 13, is more than compromised."

:mad::mad:

it's a big disaster
we are at the point of departure:sad::sad:

reggie1
08-07-2009, 10:35 AM
OMG, it just gets worse. When the newscame in that he had been cleared it just seemed to good to be true after we had feared so much worse. Worse was defnitely to come it seems.

*Martolina*
08-07-2009, 10:42 AM
We can only hope in the good sense of the judges but i'm very scared =(

Puschkin
08-07-2009, 11:38 AM
The International federation must now forward a memorandum to the Arbitration court of the sport before this last decides or not a new suspension on a purely provisional basis, the time of procedure. The CAS will then have a four months deadline to return its verdict. As much to say that the participation of the French tennis player to US Open of August 31 to September 13, is more than compromised.
Don't worry. If the ITF works as fast as it did with the appeal it will take them two months to draft that memorandum. :rolleyes:

I have to resort to plain sarcasm when it comes to the ITF

Lemon Custard
08-07-2009, 11:46 AM
I've been trying to respond for about 20 minutes, but I have absolutely no words for this. I just... this is crazy. Shit.

Puschkin
08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
http://www.sport365.fr/tennis/article_338487_ATP-Gasquet-Peyre-c-est-fini.shtml
This link is worth a look, even if it is not for the message. ;)

Getta
08-07-2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.sport365.fr/medias/sporever/sport365_664x376/tennis/hommes/83400_GASQUET_060809.jpg

:crazy:

lisaplenske
08-07-2009, 12:52 PM
this never gonna end, pfff that sucks so desperetly bad :(

better be prepared for not seing play US Open nor the whole season.

See yaa next year richard, when all the shits,craps will be over, quel bordel serieux:wavey:

Gretchen.
08-07-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.sport365.fr/medias/sporever/sport365_664x376/tennis/hommes/83400_GASQUET_060809.jpg

:crazy:

Is this like his 'rawr' I ma get ya look ;)

Gasquetno.1
08-07-2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.sport365.fr/tennis/article_338487_ATP-Gasquet-Peyre-c-est-fini.shtml
This link is worth a look, even if it is not for the message. ;)

Yay Deblickers back :worship:

But poor Peyre :sad:

Schu
08-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Is this like his 'rawr' I ma get ya look ;)

don't think I've ever seen him look so determined - I LOVE IT! Those beautiful eyes actually have some fire in them. So Peyre is gone and Eric is back. I'm not sure what to think about that but at this point WHATEVER works for RIchie. Wonder if it was RIchie or Peyre who said c'est fini?

Did that atricle say he'll return to the courts at New Haven? Does that mean no CIncy either? Damn that's 2 1000s gone next year (note the positve vibe that he'll even be able to play next year). and does that mean he got the WC for New Haven?

Cin
08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/gasquet-peyre-game-over_sto2024756/flashnews.shtml

poor Richard, poor Guillaume

Cloudygirl
08-07-2009, 06:12 PM
the Peyre thing worries me to be honest. All a bit sudden they were def working together last week now they aren't hmmm.

scmom
08-07-2009, 09:53 PM
I am not nearly so upset about the break with Peyre , as I am this damned appeal. I guess I just got the feeling that Richard was happier on the court when he was working with Deblicker.
Just a sense I got watching them interract. I saw him with Peyre last year , and he just did not look as comfortable to me. Not so much in his game as in his demeanor . I do not mean to say that
he and Peyre were at odds - just they did not seem to connect . I do think Peyre was a bit stricter , than Deblicker in his use of off court time - but that did not work out so well , now did it ?

as for this appeal - I guess it just offends my sense of justice. I do not like the fact that a "prosecutor " has the right to appeal a decision. They should have to make their case and live with the verdict as handed down by
the tribunal . The whole thing smacks of double jeopardy , really . Being tried twice for the same offense . And that is just not right. At all .

Schu
08-08-2009, 12:00 AM
as for this appeal - I guess it just offends my sense of justice. I do not like the fact that a "prosecutor " has the right to appeal a decision. They should have to make their case and live with the verdict as handed down by
the tribunal . The whole thing smacks of double jeopardy , really . Being tried twice for the same offense . And that is just not right. At all .

Totally agree but I think the difference is that this is technically not a trial but a hearing/arbitration so different rules apply. IT still seems bizarre that the ITF could say - don't like what their appointed tribunal decided so go back and make the sentence harsher. Richie would have had the right to appeal so I guess the other side does too. Hopefully the CSA has the same wisdom as the tribunal and throws out the appeal an doesn't wait 4 months to do it!

Gretchen.
08-08-2009, 02:16 AM
I honestly am not very fond of Peyre, he seemed to work well with Baghdatis but with Richard, yes there were lots of injuries involved but in a way I never really saw them click as much as maybe they should have so going back to Eric at a time like this is probably the best thing for Richard.I too would like for Fabrice to work with Richard once he retires.He would be a great support and would definitely get Richie's messed up brain in the right state when it comes to tennis.

As for the ITF, they should be ashamed of themselves :o
Using an innocent player just so they can prove a point at how stupid their rules are.

Eliande
08-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I am not nearly so upset about the break with Peyre , as I am this damned appeal. I guess I just got the feeling that Richard was happier on the court when he was working with Deblicker.
Just a sense I got watching them interract. I saw him with Peyre last year , and he just did not look as comfortable to me. Not so much in his game as in his demeanor . I do not mean to say that
he and Peyre were at odds - just they did not seem to connect . I do think Peyre was a bit stricter , than Deblicker in his use of off court time - but that did not work out so well , now did it ?

So true!;)

Eliande
08-08-2009, 10:27 AM
I honestly am not very fond of Peyre, he seemed to work well with Baghdatis but with Richard, yes there were lots of injuries involved but in a way I never really saw them click as much as maybe they should have so going back to Eric at a time like this is probably the best thing for Richard.I too would like for Fabrice to work with Richard once he retires.He would be a great support and would definitely get Richie's messed up brain in the right state when it comes to tennis.

I completely agree with you.:)

SUKTUEN
08-08-2009, 05:17 PM
oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waiting for 4 months????????????:sad::sad::sad:

so Richard cannot play now?:sad::sad:

Gretchen.
08-08-2009, 06:28 PM
No he can still play,but honestly how can anyone play at their best with all this hanging over their head.

acd692
08-09-2009, 04:21 AM
http://www.pilotpentennis.com/en/Players/Default.aspx

i dont see his name in the list..

Davodus
08-09-2009, 09:59 AM
he is asking for a wildcard, so I doubt he would be on the entry list now

Jozie
08-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Not sure whether he will be granted a wild card if Isner, Blake and Ginepri decide to apply for one.

http://pilotpennhr.blogspot.com/

Friday, August 7, 2009

"Wild" times ahead
As previously reported in the New Haven Register, former top 10 players Richard Gasquet and Marcos Baghdatis along with red-hot John Isner (fresh off his win over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Washington) have requested men's singles main-draw wild cards.

There are media outlets both in France and the U.S. reporting that Gasquet will return to the tour in New Haven after successfully appealing his suspension after cocaine was found in his system during a drug test. However, this could be the tennis version of putting the cart before the horse.

The Pilot Pen has four men's wild cards. One has been promised to Taylor Dent and Isner is almost certain to get one as well considering his recent surge. Isner, slowed by mononucleosis earlier in the year, reached the semifinals in Indianapolis, quarterfinals in Los Angeles and he will play Tomas Berdych in the final of the four quarterfinals tonight in D.C. James Blake's foot injury forced him to pull out of the D.C. event as well as the next tour stop in Montreal and it is looking more and more likely that he would request a wild card for some match preparation heading into the U.S. Open. That would leave one wild card left and if veteran American Robby Ginepri, who won the Indianapolis title last month, were to ask for one I don't see how the tournament, which is run by the USTA, would tell him "no thanks" and give one to Gasquet. I realize that is a lot of "what ifs" but the point is that Gasquet has not been given a wild card yet.
Labels: James Blake, John Isner, Marcos Baghdatis, Richard Gasquet, Robby Ginepri, Taylor Dent

posted by Jim Fuller at 11:24 AM 0 Comments Links to this pos

SUKTUEN
08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
No he can still play,but honestly how can anyone play at their best with all this hanging over their head.

:sad:

Puschkin
08-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Right now, it may be more important to play at all on a competitive level. And then one has to see....

Gretchen.
08-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Well that makes sense that a US tournament run by the USTA would give their WC to American players, it would be the same in a French tournament as well so there is no reason for us to really get mad but it's frustrating as Richie is a former top 10 player and he is trying to come back here, and he has plenty of fans in the US as well but here is still hoping that they might give him one.

Schu
08-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Any chance he'd play Cincy if he knows he's not going to get a WC for New Haven, so he'd at least have one match before USO?

Maybe Isner will not want to play he's played a lot the past few weeks??

reggie1
08-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Have we heard for definite that he does intend to play the US open?

Eimear O'Mahony
08-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey guys :wavey: Am I hearing right? Richard mightn't be getting the WC to New Haven?

Gretchen.
08-09-2009, 08:19 PM

Well he himself said that he will for sure be back by US Open, it was just the tournaments before US Open that he wasn't sure about, but that was also when he was still with Peyre....soooooo idk, but for my sake(i'm going to be there) and everyone elses he better come to US Open!

Edit- Yeah they want to give all the WC to American players cause this is a US tournie and it is run by the USTA so his chances are looking grim atm.

Eimear O'Mahony
08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
That's a shame but is he still planning on playing Cincy?

Gretchen.
08-09-2009, 08:30 PM
We don't know for sure, he was planning on coming back in New Haven so I would take that as a no for Cincy as well :shrug: But who knows, he might magically pop out when the draw comes.

scmom
08-09-2009, 10:29 PM
I wonder if he would consider trying the qualifying to get into New Haven
I know that would be a strange thing for him , as he probably has not had to qualify in a while
but at least it would be some match play

I would love it if he played Cincinnati , but without a w/ c into New Haven - then he could not even try to qualify if he played Cincinnati
seems right now - after conditioning , match play is what he needs to get back on track
go where you will get the most playing time , Richie
that is my suggestion

reggie1
08-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I think that sounds like a very good idea Beth, I know it would be a bit of a come down for him but coming up through qualifiers would give him confidence and the match play that he lacks atm.

Eimear O'Mahony
08-10-2009, 09:02 AM
That really is a good idea Beth but I wonder if it's something Richie's advisors would have him do. If I was advising Richie I'd say go for it and play tennis wherever you can ... I mean if I were Richie I would seriously be starting to get concerned over lack of match play before the Open and there'd be less crowds in qualifying so if he is nervous about the crowd reaction it would be a nice way to ease himself into it

Gretchen.
08-10-2009, 01:04 PM
But if he play's qualifying obviously he is gonna draw crowds, but that doesn't matter as much.I agree he needs to get out there as soon as possible cause right now with his ranking he can get anybody at the US Open, and I would like a good run there ;)

Puschkin
08-10-2009, 01:08 PM
But if he play's qualifying obviously he is gonna draw crowds.
I don't think so, we are all hardcore Gasquetaires, I doubt that the average US-fan going to New Haven even knows Richard, let alone the "affair".

Gretchen.
08-10-2009, 01:13 PM
It's been all over the news here, and he's pretty popular at US Open, so I'm sure he'll draw a bit of more people, I'm not saying a whole stadium, but people do know who he is here and they do like that backhand.But I doubt that they will be in any way negative towards him, I'm more concerned about french crowds tbh.

scmom
08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
The Gasquet affair has been in the news here - even made ESPN the day he was cleared. Which is weird , because unless it is Andy , Maria or the Williams Sisters- ESPN virtually ignores tennis as a sport
other than to mention the winners of grand slam events. So , I think at least tennis fans would know his name. They may not recognize him though ,when they see him. He has always been able to move around IW without attracting too much attention away from the court. Seems like , as soon as he takes off the backwards cap - casual tennis fans do not recognize him at all , at least here in the States.
And qualifying does not attract the huge crowds that the main draw would. Frankly, the more I think about it ,the more I think qualifying for an event would do him some good.
Ease into the game, away from a packed house and probing reporters with their mandatory press conferences after the match.

Cloudygirl
08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Just as long as he doesn't lose in the first round of quallies.

scmom
08-10-2009, 11:54 PM
well , yeah - that would be a real problem there
still - it would be a match - that he would not get if he does not get a w/c , or sign up to play Cincinnati

acd692
08-11-2009, 03:10 AM
i hope richie makes a great comeback:)! i wish him luck and i hope we can see him ASAP..

aislingmcfly
08-11-2009, 06:39 AM
On the ATP website it said they had given Isner a wildcard, are there any more to give? ahhh I wanna see him play again so bad!

Jozie
08-11-2009, 09:42 AM
On the ATP website it said they had given Isner a wildcard, are there any more to give? ahhh I wanna see him play again so bad!

According to this article, there are 2 remaining wildcards - not sure if Ginepri and Blake will apply at this stage. :shrug:
Let's hope that Richard is allocated one of the remaining wildcards.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/sports/Tenniss-Isner-Setting-Sights-on-Pilot-Pen-52893457.html

ImmzB
08-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Lets hope Richie gets a Wild-Card for New Haven!!

SUKTUEN
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Richard~~~we are waiting for you!!!

Vlad1980
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM

The question is, does he even know he is not suspended anymore? I hope someone tells him that.

reggie1
08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
The question is, does he even know he is not suspended anymore? I hope someone tells him that.
OMG, surely he must know, surely his team can't be that obtuse!:o

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
his team said he was aiming for USO so I'm sure he will be back for then the question is what he plays before though. Cinci, New Haven, somewhere else?

Dini
08-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Hopefully Cincy.

This totally sucks, btw. :sad: He'll probably draw someone in the top 3 in the first round of USO if he isn't a seed knowing his sucky luck. :(

Schu
08-11-2009, 07:46 PM

Assuming that question drips of sarcasm - good question. It's time he got his ass to the US, got climatized and ready to roll. I'll give him a break on Montreal but if he's a no show for Cincy - I don't understand - so what if he looses 1st round at least he playing a match and he can still train in the US

As for sucky draws - he was a seed at USO last year and lost to a hot Haas first round so being a seed doesn't always meam a good draw.

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Well they did say that he hadn't trained during the suspension and there was the problem with him not picking up his rackets as well.But yeah honestly he is a professional athlete who has been doing this his whole life.Two months off is not gonna kill his physical performance.What did he sit on a couch and eat ho ho's all day?Did he grow a belly? I think he is perfectly ready physically to go back out there.He might still be damaged in the head a bit.Obviously how the crowd,other players in the locker room and what not will react so maybe that is what is slowing him down.But he really should be playing Cincy cause he can't blame it on anything physically and I doubt they will take the Mental Injury into consideration.

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 08:11 PM
The longer he leaves it the worse it is going to be for him mentally. He just needs to get his ass back on that court.

Schu
08-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I suspect it's as much or more mental than physical too but he does have show up sometime and I'm not so sure waiting will make it any better. But hey, I'm not in his shoes and THANK GOODNESS i'm not so I guess I should just be quiet and wait. But DAMN I miss seeing his magic on the court, even if it is rusty and out of shape.

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm going to break my promise and end up moaning about him before he even plays at this rate. I'm kind of worried that he might never play again.

Getta
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
stop doing that

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm going to break my promise and end up moaning about him before he even plays at this rate. I'm kind of worried that he might never play again.

:eek: NOOOO he promised he will go to US Open and I intend to see him and his tushy there!

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I would be so happy if you could see his ass (even though I'd rather it was me seeing it ;) ) because it would mean he was playing.

Schu
08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm kind of worried that he might never play again.

I was watching Mathieu-Garcia Lopez match yesterday (a Horrid match) and the commentators were saying how they thought Mathieu was mentally scared for his entire career after loosing a Davis CUp match 4 or 5 years ago at a young age(not the Blake match last year which I guess added to the scar). Anyway I thought CRAP, Richie has a zillion of those mental scars and he keeps coming back for more - just hope he can/does after this last one...

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Me too. I just want to see him and say seriously get your ass back on court. Even if the worst happens and he gets heckled or something he should know that he has a group of proper fans that will always support him and that will be staying up to ridiculous times of the morning to watch his matches, or even livescore.

Argh I miss him. I bet he is so nervous about playing again though I really want things to be ok for him (I'm sounding like his mum again aren't I ;) ). Have you noticed that lots of Richie fans tend to want to mother him.

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Maybe by saying he was going to go to US Open, he meant that oh yeah I'll be there just not playing I'll just watch my friends hehe could you imagine and then he'd release a statement like, 'Told ya I'd be here, but was never sure on whether I'd be playing haha suckaaaas' lol I'd hate him but not for long :p

I don't know see what Richie is doing, making me come up with scenarios like that, geez louise, come back Reeeshard!

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
well if he does and you see him in the crowd can you kick his ass for me.

Cin
08-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh Richard, pls play USOPEN, you can treat it as a warm tournement of China Open……
yeah,I'm kidding, but I really miss him and his tennis :(

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Have you noticed that lots of Richie fans tend to want to mother him.

Maybe it's cause he's so cute, and fragile and you just want to pinch his cheeks(and his butt :p) all the time.But you know it's hard not to when you see him go through so much crap on and off court.

well if he does and you see him in the crowd can you kick his ass for me.

Hehe course,but I'd give him a hug first cause I don't think he'll let me get one after the beating :p

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I still have this thing going on where I want to give him a big hug but at the same time a big slap ;) Especially when he is torturing us by still not playing. He hasn't played for well over 3 months now :(

Cin
08-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I received Tennis Mag this morning, the cover is him. I feel so weid. the only cover of Richard that I dont like

Cin
08-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I still have this thing going on where I want to give him a big hug but at the same time a big slap ;) Especially when he is torturing us by still not playing. He hasn't played for well over 3 months now :(

he deserves.

I was alway excited when I saw Richard, but after 3 minutes, I just wanted to kick his ass, especially during the matches.:o

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Before someone beats me up by the way, yes I do realise it is loads worse for him but please let me whinge, it's all we have at the moment.

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
:haha: What great fans we are, just wanna kick his ass all the time, but with the 10 feet behind the baseline, brain farting, and WTF was that forehand moment in a bad way cause WTF backhand moments are always good ;) but still at the end of the day you just wanna hug him, it's all his fault :lol:

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
:haha: What great fans we are, just wanna kick his ass all the time, but with the 10 feet behind the baseline, brain farting, and WTF was that forehand moment in a bad way cause WTF backhand moments are always good ;) but still at the end of the day you just wanna hug him, it's all his fault :lol:

Yup you've pretty much summed it up.

Schu
08-11-2009, 08:52 PM

Perfect description. In the end the good WTF moments outweigh the bad WTF moments tenfold but that's what makes life interesting.

Cin - what is RIchie doing on cover of Tennis magazine? I assume because of the ban/appeal :o :mad: Is it at least one of his gorgeous pics?

Gretchen.
08-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I bet it was that pic with the cheerleaders kissing him, it's the only one they will show here with any articles that have to do with him :rolleyes:

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 09:34 PM
he does sometimes look terrible in photos I have to admit bless him.

I miss him. Montreal isn't the same without him. Tennis isn't the same for me without him.

Getta
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I bet it was that pic with the cheerleaders kissing him, it's the only one they will show here with any article that have to do with him :rolleyes:

you know the kind of photos that sell best. ;)

EDIT: Tori, it's Montreal. :p

Cloudygirl
08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
you know the kind of photos that sell best. ;)

EDIT: Tori, it's Montreal. :p

fixed. With weddings and watching tennis I've had 5hrs sleep in the last 2 days. I'm not quite with it.

Lemon Custard
08-12-2009, 03:14 AM
I really really miss him. I just hope he's ok. My biggest problem with this whole issue is that the process takes so long. He can't put it behind him. It's hanging over his head. Regardless of the outcome it's going to affect him. The way he plays, the events he chooses to play, his points ranking. Everything. It's not fair. This should be done. It's infuriating they can treat him this way. They just want to enforce their stupid rules and protect their precedent. Argh!

Vlad1980
08-12-2009, 03:28 AM
I really really miss him. I just hope he's ok. My biggest problem with this whole issue is that the process takes so long. He can't put it behind him. It's hanging over his head. Regardless of the outcome it's going to affect him. The way he plays, the events he chooses to play, his points ranking. Everything. It's not fair. This should be done. It's infuriating they can treat him this way. They just want to enforce their stupid rules and protect their precedent. Argh!

He should leave it to the lawyers and just concentrate on tennis. Heck, I am not asking him to win anything anymore, I just want to see him actual start playing!

Gretchen.
08-12-2009, 04:06 AM
Heck, I am not asking him to win anything anymore, I just want to see him actual start playing!

Agreed, I don't care if he comes back and loses first round in every tournament he enters(though that would also suck) but yeah would be really nice to just see him out there again.

reggie1
08-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I really really miss him. I just hope he's ok. My biggest problem with this whole issue is that the process takes so long. He can't put it behind him. It's hanging over his head. Regardless of the outcome it's going to affect him. The way he plays, the events he chooses to play, his points ranking. Everything. It's not fair. This should be done. It's infuriating they can treat him this way. They just want to enforce their stupid rules and protect their precedent. Argh!I completely agree with you. I wonder if he feels unable to play until this is sorted out but imho, he MUST start playing again. I know he won't just forget how to play tennis but too much time spent away from the courts is not going to be a good thing for his career. He may even decide that he actually quite enjoys being away from competitve tennis, I wouldn't blame him in some ways with some of the nonsense he has had to put up with in the past and this worries me. It must be difficult to feel motivated about the next few months knowing it can all be snatched away come December :confused:

ImmzB
08-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Richie will be in Metz!

Acer
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
What? Do you mean L'Open de Moselle? That's after the US Open :s

Puschkin
08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
What? Do you mean L'Open de Moselle? That's after the US Open :s
Well, six weeks from now, so he has to enter the tourney if he wants to play. Normal procedure. He hasn't played Metz for some time, seems as if he is back to the roots. He reached his first ATP-final there in 2004, losing to Jerôme Haehnel.

Tess Gray
08-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Agreed, I don't care if he comes back and loses first round in every tournament he enters(though that would also suck) but yeah would be really nice to just see him out there again.

Dont say that!!:sobbing:

SUKTUEN
08-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I received Tennis Mag this morning, the cover is him. I feel so weid. the only cover of Richard that I dont like

what is it look like?

Cin
08-12-2009, 08:01 PM
yeah, we dont care that much of the results, loose or win are both OK, we just want to see him playing
but the Medias do care, they can kill him with words at this moment. so he should prepare well, and try to win some matches.

Cin
08-12-2009, 08:02 PM
what is it look like?

I'll unpload it on tennis.com.cn;)

Vlad1980
08-12-2009, 08:28 PM
yeah, we dont care that much of the results, loose or win are both OK, we just want to see him playing
but the Medias do care, they can kill him with words at this moment. so he should prepare well, and try to win some matches.

So, did he get out of shape so badly during his suspension that a month of training is not enough for him? He should be eager to get back to courts and starts winning again. He had so much time off, he should be refreshed mentally in terms of tennis and have different attitude on court.. if he knows he is innocent, why is he stressing himself so much about all this? Let other people worry about it and just do your job!

Puschkin
08-12-2009, 08:49 PM
what is it look like?
http://www.tennismagazine.fr/fpdb/image/2_MISE_A_JOUR_MAGS/WEB_401_COMP/COUV_TM401_200.jpg

Unfortunately, my copy has not arrived yet.

~*BGT*~
08-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Awww... he looks nice there :)

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 09:05 PM
he does look chubby round the middle in that picture.

Gretchen.
08-12-2009, 09:12 PM

He's always had a little belly :p

Is that pic from Indian Wells btw? or more recent?

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
well if he needs a trainer I don't mind him paying me to go to France on holiday and standing there with a whip while he runs round in tight shorts

;) ;)

Seriously though he shouldn't have a belly he isn't Nalby.

Gretchen.
08-12-2009, 09:15 PM
well if he needs a trainer I don't mind him paying me to go to France on holiday and standing there with a whip while he runs round in tight shorts

;) ;)

Seriously though he shouldn't have a belly he isn't Nalby.

Will you also make him clean the pool? :p

Cloudygirl
08-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Will you also make him clean the pool? :p

:devil::devil:

don't give me ideas.

Schu
08-13-2009, 12:29 AM

I think that might just be his shirt all poofed out and bunched up, if not :help:

I was watching Nadal/Ferrer match which ended midway thur the 1st set when Ferrer had to stop with a hurt knee so they switch to Haas/Gonzo and Haas had to retire after loosing the first set in a TB because of a BLISTER!!! THe comentators said it was really unusual to get a blister like that when one has been playing as much as Haas has laterly, usually players get them when they have been off a while or start playing in a really warm climate. I suddenly thought OH NOOOOOO where have I seen that before... Richie!

marina36
08-13-2009, 09:14 AM
I received Tennis Magazine. The journalists are confident, they think this suspension will may be a new start. They are positive but they said that it depends how Richard recovers mentally from that.

SUKTUEN
08-13-2009, 05:00 PM
I'll unpload it on tennis.com.cn;)

oh thankyou so much!!!:D

SUKTUEN
08-13-2009, 05:13 PM
http://www.tennismagazine.fr/fpdb/image/2_MISE_A_JOUR_MAGS/WEB_401_COMP/COUV_TM401_200.jpg

Unfortunately, my copy has not arrived yet.

:worship:

Puschkin
08-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Out of Cincy.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=147315

Schu
08-13-2009, 05:42 PM
DAMN. NOt that I really expected him to play after his camp kept saying USO. I'm disappointed not just for the selfish reason that I'm DYING to see him play again (no matter how out of shape he is) but also because I'm worried that not playing these tournaments is a sign that mentally he's really scared and just can't play. I can't imagine he'd be so physically unprepared that he'd not at least get to the US, get acclimated and try to play a 1000s two weeks before USO, even if he lost 1st round.

If he doesn't get a WC for New Haven and chances are pretty good he won't, he'll go into USO having not played a single match in almost 4 months. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses USO in that case also. Seems rather silly to come all the way to the US to have his first competitive match in 4 months be a GS. DOn't mean to sound like I'm bitching at him, I'm just trying to prepare myself for what might be a real possibility. We really have no idea what this ordeal has done to him and I wouldn't be surprised if mentally he'll take a LONG time to get back. I also think it's got to be pretty hard to get motivated to work your ass off knowing all the points he might win could be taken away and you'll have to go back to watching football all the time because of that DAMN STUPID appeal.

Cloudygirl
08-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Poor Richie. :(

Not that he loses any points for cincy does he cos he lost second round last year.

If he doesn't get a wild card for New Haven I hope he plays somewhere pre USO even if that means playing quallies.

Puschkin
08-13-2009, 06:14 PM
DAMN. NOt that I really expected him to play after his camp kept saying USO.
At least he sticks to his ideas. He never mentioned Montreal or Cincy, it was us hoping for an earlier return.

SUKTUEN
08-14-2009, 03:31 PM
oh no~~~~~~~~~~~he will not go to Cinin~~~

acd692
08-15-2009, 04:43 AM
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/blog/Cheryl_Murray/20090815/Showing_the_Federer_love

"I was going to write today’s blog about Richard Gasquet, but I find that the topic depresses me terribly so I’ll leave it for now. All I’ll say is that WADA (the World Anti-Doping Agency) and the ITF ought to be spending more time working out a way to catch blood doping and less appealing rulings about trace amounts of cocaine. They either know part of the story that we don’t, or they’re on a witch hunt."

whattheheck
08-15-2009, 06:13 AM
So when is he expected to return? Can't wait.

Schu
08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
More ammunition for the "accidential" cocaine contamination defense.

DOn't mean to bring this up again but I just Saw this on MSN a few minutes ago:
http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/08/17/almost-90-of-us-bills-have-cocaine-traces.aspx

There have been several articles like this from various countries - maybe it's time WADA revised their threshold for what is a positve test.

case
08-18-2009, 12:03 AM
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/blog/Cheryl_Murray/20090815/Showing_the_Federer_love

... They either know part of the story that we don’t, or they’re on a witch hunt."

my money is on a witch hunt

Puschkin
08-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Richard on Kula Lumpur's entry list. What is this, does he enter every tourney now? :eek: I really don 't know what to make from that, but it does not look like as if he is going to quit.

Cloudygirl
08-18-2009, 05:06 PM
But the question is, is he actually going to show up at any of them???!!

Puschkin
08-18-2009, 05:27 PM
But the question is, is he actually going to show up at any of them???!!
I am asking myself, too. But on the other hand, why entering if he is already now sure not to play. And while the appeal might have prevented him from Montreal and/or Cincy (though these tourneys were never mentioned by his entourage), he is aware of it now.

Davodus
08-18-2009, 05:35 PM
I'd say if he enters tournaments now he is going to play them. Like you said, what's the point of entering if you aren't sure or aren't going to play :shrug: Well, at least that is what I hope

Cloudygirl
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
With Richard who knows. He is certainly enigmatic bless him. I've given up trying to second guess him. I just hope to see him soon.

~*BGT*~
08-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Mumbai, Tokyo, Shanghai, Kuala Lampur, Battle of the Titans..... maybe Richie likes Asian. ;) He already said he's look for a Chinese girlfriend :p

case
08-18-2009, 10:58 PM
I am asking myself, too. But on the other hand, why entering if he is already now sure not to play. And while the appeal might have prevented him from Montreal and/or Cincy (though these tourneys were never mentioned by his entourage), he is aware of it now.

i hadnt heard that the appeal prevented him form playing those before

he is really entered in all those events? id be happy if he just played half.
i tried to watch sod vs hewitt but the thrill was definitely gone

case
08-18-2009, 11:00 PM
... but it does not look like as if he is going to quit.

were there rumors that he was quitting:confused:

Puschkin
08-19-2009, 06:23 AM
were there rumors that he was quitting:confused:
More my deepest secret fear, and given the circumstances, I never excluded that possibility.