Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!! [Archive] - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

case
07-16-2009, 07:54 AM
I had promised to open a bottle of champagne when this was all over. Unfortunately I can't do that right now, as I am still recovering from a short stay in hospital.

:wavey:hope you are doing ok and take care of yourself. no hospital stay is ever short enough-what miserable places.
champagne though? i would have thought you were more the vodka with apple juice type. ;)

Puschkin
07-16-2009, 08:09 AM
i would have thought you were more the vodka with apple juice type. ;)
:haha: no, certainly not. Good old champagne does it for me. And there will be one when Richie wins his next match. ;)

http://www.lepost.fr/article/2009/07/16/1621896_richard-gasquet-la-mansuetude-j-ai-du-mal.html
One can still see how much it affected him....

reggie1
07-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Have you seen Nando's pic Vicky it is horrific. It looks like they have made him have the picture taken straight off court and he is tamping that they won't let him check his hair first.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Fernando-Verdasco.aspx He does look pretty pissed off in that pic :lol: Did someone attack his quiff?

Tessa, Vicky, Amira, Schu :wavey: I finally got my internet set up in my new house so I'm back to chat with you all. :woohoo: And what a day to get it set up properly. Richard is back with full vegeance. :armed:Really great to have you back Danielle :hug:

That's good timing!

It is so nice to bitch about his ranking and his hair. I will even feel happy to bitch about him standing too far back behind the baseline.

Let the good times roll! :lol: Hair police is back on duty!

I had promised to open a bottle of champagne when this was all over. Unfortunately I can't do that right now, as I am still recovering from a short stay in hospital. But when I got the texto yesterday evening (:worship: Fran), I simply felt happy. Allez, Richard, show us what you are capable of! After having been through this nightmare, winning a GS will be easy. ;)I hope you are feeling better Margareta. :hug:

Venle
07-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone! :hug:

Ah, I'm so happy as I think everyone is. Richie will be back, he's not banned!! :yippee: I could just fly. Maybe later. :p

Venle
07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Haha, that Nando pic is funny. :lol: He looks dangerous. Like a wrestler actually. ;)

reggie1
07-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Case, that article is really funny. I think it does dispell the rumour that Richard is a hardened party animal. The bit about his Mum arranging his flight made me laugh aswell tbh. Still, he is a young 23 or maybe was.
I reckon he will get a few jibes in the locker room. Still, it will pass.

lisaplenske
07-16-2009, 11:03 AM
thanks thats roughly what I thought he was saying but he speaks too fast for my ears. He looks older somehow.

I had the same impression. He looks more sure about what he says, no eyes on the floor. He spoke quite well even if I think he prepared it before. That's good seing him more as a MAN who is defending his cause and himself. I hope he'll continue affirming himself off and on the court.

Thanks for the vids.

Puschkin
07-16-2009, 12:52 PM
http://www.richardgasquet.net/V3/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2217
Bonjour à tous,
Mon entourage et moi-même avons été très touchés par vos nombreux messages d’encouragement, d’affection, ainsi que par la qualité de vos interventions sur le forum. Cela nous a été d’un très grand soutien !

Mille mercis !

Richard.

He wrote back to us for the first time! :D

Dini
07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Rafa is just lovely. I remember also his statement on Montcourt, I just wanted to give him a big hug when I read that. Drastically off topic but I was really pleased to read he plans to return for Montreal. Looks like him and Richard will be back for the same tournament. I read somewhere a suggestion that they should play doubles together on their return, I would really enjoy that if it ever happened.

I doubt it was Nadal who wrote that Montcourt piece, the English was too perfect, but it was a really nice and lovely gesture on his part anyway. :worship: Hope they're both fit and healthy when they come back. I want richie to kick some ass! :rocker2: Having said that I'd just be happy to see him play again, whatever his current form. :sobbing:

Dini
07-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Bonjour à tous,
Mon entourage et moi-même avons été très touchés par vos nombreux messages d’encouragement, d’affection, ainsi que par la qualité de vos interventions sur le forum. Cela nous a été d’un très grand soutien !

Mille mercis !

Richard.

He wrote back to us for the first time!

:wavey:

Don't understand French. :o What does he say? :awww:

Puschkin
07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Don't understand French. :o What does he say? :awww:
He was very touched by the numerous messages of support, affection, and the quality of the posts, it was of great support to him and those around him. 1000 thanks!

Dini
07-16-2009, 01:02 PM
He was very touched bfor the numerous messages of support, affection, and the quality of the posts, it was of great support to him and those around him. 1000 thanks!

Thank you. :hug: :hug:

Off to sign up to learn French. :help: I'm pathetic. :o

Claroo
07-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Bonjour à tous,

Mille mercis !

Richard.

I was about to post it too :) That's really nice of him !
I hope he 'll be motivated as hell for his upcoming tournaments, but anyway, that's just a joy to know I'll be able to see him playing again !

PinkFeatherBoa
07-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I had promised to open a bottle of champagne when this was all over. Unfortunately I can't do that right now, as I am still recovering from a short stay in hospital. But when I got the texto yesterday evening (:worship: Fran), I simply felt happy. Allez, Richard, show us what you are capable of! After having been through this nightmare, winning a GS will be easy. ;)

Hope you feel better soon!! :hug:

I doubt it was Nadal who wrote that Montcourt piece, the English was too perfect, but it was a really nice and lovely gesture on his part anyway. :worship: Hope they're both fit and healthy when they come back. I want richie to kick some ass! :rocker2: Having said that I'd just be happy to see him play again, whatever his current form. :sobbing:

I didn't think he had written it in English but it seemed like he had said it in Spanish and they had just translated it but yes, either way a nice gesture. I'd be happy with any kind of form from Richard too :lol: but I say that now and I will be bitching about him again soon enough. But kicking ass is definitely preferred!

Bonjour à tous,

Mille mercis !

Richard.

So nice words from Richard. It's good to have supporters who love you this much. :angel: But it's only what he deserves, of course.

I just made my 1st ever post on his board (well still to attempt my French response to his words :lol:) but already made a typo that completely changed the meaning of my French. :o I ended up talking about the kidneys! :rolls: I need practise clearly.

Wojtek
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
where he will play now? Canada?

Davodus
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
that's nice of him to leave that little message :)

reggie1
07-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Is that the first time he has ever written anything on his own website? :lol: His lack of self promotion is what really endears him to me.

timafi
07-16-2009, 02:54 PM
what I'm scared the most of are the people(from what I read of several boards:mad: )that are planning on shouting" doper " wherever the see him play and especially in the States in the coming weeks(the whole Lance Armstrong thing and their anti french sentiments are now stronger than ever :mad:).He better get himself ready mentally:scared: cuz some fuckers are gonna have a field day with this:mad:

Kournikovaism
07-16-2009, 03:08 PM
what I'm scared the most of are the people(from what I read of several boards:mad: )that are planning on shouting" doper " wherever the see him play and especially in the States in the coming weeks(the whole Lance Armstrong thing and their anti french sentiments are now stronger than ever :mad:).He better get himself ready mentally:scared: cuz some fuckers are gonna have a field day with this:mad:

That is actually ridiculous. :o:o:mad:

There are so many words to describe scum like that. C*nts is what I would use :p

Davodus
07-16-2009, 03:25 PM
if I am ever watching him play and I hear someone yell doper...well then blood will be spilled :D

RFK
07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Wahey! I'm having a little party by myself sat at the computer.
I'm so happy for him.
And for us of course!! :lol:

Cin
07-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Bonjour à tous,

Mille mercis !

Richard.

cest vraiment incoyable, cest la permiere fois je pense:eek:

Cin
07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Richardpsg……what a usename! never forget his PSG

SUKTUEN
07-16-2009, 06:07 PM
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for that!!

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZ Richard!!

Schu
07-16-2009, 06:19 PM

He's not too crazy about playing in the states as it is and just what us Americans need to add to our crude reputation. Well I suppose he will expect it and hopefully it will motivate him more than bother him. There are a lot of people in the states who support him so it could get into quite a shouting match. It might be good that Montreal is the first place he plays - he's done well there, probably has more support and and feels more at home than in the US.

It is sad that this will always be a blot on his record for some closed minded individuals and perfect fodder for Gasquet haters. But just one more roadblock for him to overcome...

Nice that he wrote back on his web site, I really hope he did see how many people do support him.

GrosjeantheGreat
07-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Happy day for tennise loverz. Greatness iz still possible for Gasquet the Grand.

Cloudygirl
07-16-2009, 06:56 PM

if I am ever watching him play and I hear someone yell doper...well then blood will be spilled :D

ditto.

Bonjour à tous,

Mille mercis !

Richard.

aw bless him that is actually very sweet. Now why hasn't he said when he is playing next. I hope he is feeling happy and positive about the future.

~*BGT*~
07-16-2009, 07:46 PM
http://www.lepost.fr/article/2009/07/16/1621896_richard-gasquet-la-mansuetude-j-ai-du-mal.html

He looks so good :hearts: I swear I am not this shallow :lol:

Bonjour à tous,

Mille mercis !

Richard.

Richie :hug: So adorable. :)

Cloudygirl
07-16-2009, 07:49 PM
http://www.lesdessousdusport.fr/news-sport/gasquet-pas-encore-serein-9236

I will be so angry if they appeal the decision they had better not try it.

Cloudygirl
07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Quand allez-vous rejouer ?

J’ai très envie de rejouer. Mais je sais que je ne dois pas me précipiter. Pendant ces deux mois et demi, je me suis moins entraîné. Ce qui est sûr, c’est que je serai présent à l’US Open (NDLR : du 31 août au 13 septembre à Flushing Meadow).

he had better be back before the USO. I am so impatient I can't wait until the end of August

http://www.abidjantv.net/?link=details_actu&id=2626

~*BGT*~
07-16-2009, 08:02 PM
"Henri Leconte, je le verrai, mais c'est le cadet de mes soucis. Ce n'est pas une idole pour moi."

This is so sad. :sad: I missed this... what did Leconte say? :confused:

Jozie
07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
http://www.lesdessousdusport.fr/news-sport/gasquet-pas-encore-serein-9236

I will be so angry if they appeal the decision they had better not try it.

I saw this as well. :confused:
Surely the final decision lies with ITF and not WADA. Don't ITF use WADA's code as a base from which to make their findings?
Let's hope they rest the case now.

krn81
07-16-2009, 09:05 PM
"Henri Leconte, je le verrai, mais c'est le cadet de mes soucis. Ce n'est pas une idole pour moi."

I guess it is richard who said that and not Leconte.
The translation is:
"Henri Leconte, I will see him, it is the last of my soucy. It is not an idol for me".
(it is referring to the first reaction of leconte that was not supportive at all after the positive test.)

duong
07-16-2009, 09:57 PM

Leconte had said "when you play with this (he meant the coke), you have to pay" or something like that.

Gasquet said that if he had met him, he would have felt like boxing him.

You know, Leconte was a fantastic player and is not a bad person, but he has always had a low IQ :lol:

He speaks without thinking at all :lol: (but he didn't regret these words at all, I don't know for now :confused: )
He and Noah were really funny to compare because so different on many points :lol:

Schu
07-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Surely he will play before the US Open - doesn't he need some match practice BEFORE he plays a GS. It would be almost 4 months without a match if he waited until the US Open.

Did I understand one of those articles correctly - Peyre will continue to be his coach?

And ITF/WADA don't even THINK about appealing :armed: What grounds would they have for an appeal? or guess it's not like a regular lawsuit, could they just ask for a rehearing because they didn't like the outcome? :shrug:

Danielle - not shallow at all, he does look great! I see he has a new "uniform"; he's replaced the black/navy lacoste polo shirt with the more mature and professional looking white dress shirt. I love it but I think I've seen him wearing that in every interview over the last 2 months - OOPS, here comes the fashion police already, sorry RIchie - you look great in the new uniform.

Richie, PLEASE play Montreal, even if you bomb out first round, we promise no complaining about your tennis...

case
07-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Surely he will play before the US Open - doesn't he need some match practice BEFORE he plays a GS. It would be almost 4 months without a match if he waited until the US Open.

Did I understand one of those articles correctly - Peyre will continue to be his coach?

And ITF/WADA don't even THINK about appealing :armed: What grounds would they have for an appeal? or guess it's not like a regular lawsuit, could they just ask for a rehearing because they didn't like the outcome? :shrug:

Danielle - not shallow at all, he does look great! I see he has a new "uniform"; he's replaced the black/navy lacoste polo shirt with the more mature and professional looking white dress shirt. I love it but I think I've seen him wearing that in every interview over the last 2 months - OOPS, here comes the fashion police already, sorry RIchie - you look great in the new uniform.

Richie, PLEASE play Montreal, even if you bomb out first round, we promise no complaining about your tennis...

:haha: now i have visions of some wada old guys thinking of kissing experiments . would they give female "X" coke and then male "a" tries various methods of kissing for different amounts of times:eek:
too bizarre. maybe they would volunteer themselves in the interest of science

he hasnt really said he'd be back at the open did he:mad: noooo...
there are so many tournaments before then
did he have to pay those attorneys? is so he might think about recovering some of those fees back
a tourney or two would help with money

i hope he isnt embarrassed to come back

i didnt realize he wore the shirt before, but at least it is better than those hoodies he practically glued to himself

Getta
07-17-2009, 03:33 AM

It would be excellent to see him play in Montreal and Cincy.

According to a recent article (by Neil Harman - btw, I like him) published on Times:

The ITF said that by failing to impose at least a one-year sentence, the tribunal risked “opening the floodgates” in the event of future cases of this kind.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6715389.ece

Schu
07-17-2009, 03:41 AM
According to a recent article (by Neil Harman - btw, I like him) published on Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6715389.ece

I read that part in the decision - so the ITF will ruin a career of someone who obviously had no intention of using cocaine for enhancing performance or recreation just so they don't have to defend their ridiculous rules. Perhaps if their floodgates weren't so high...

~*BGT*~
07-17-2009, 05:40 AM
I guess it is richard who said that and not Leconte.
The translation is:
"Henri Leconte, I will see him, it is the last of my soucy. It is not an idol for me".
(it is referring to the first reaction of leconte that was not supportive at all after the positive test.)

Oh, I understood what Richie said, I just didn't know what Leconte had said. Wasn't Richie referred to as a younger Leconte by the press sometimes?

Leconte had said "when you play with this (he meant the coke), you have to pay" or something like that.

Gasquet said that if he had met him, he would have felt like boxing him.

You know, Leconte was a fantastic player and is not a bad person, but he has always had a low IQ :lol:

He speaks without thinking at all :lol: (but he didn't regret these words at all, I don't know for now :confused: )
He and Noah were really funny to compare because so different on many points :lol:

Richie fighting? I'd pay to see that. :lol:

Not only does he LOOK good, but he looked so confident in all the photos and videos I saw him throughout this ordeal. Confidence is sexy. :yeah:

Cloudygirl
07-17-2009, 07:33 AM

:haha: now i have visions of some wada old guys thinking of kissing experiments . would they give female "X" coke and then male "a" tries various methods of kissing for different amounts of times:eek:
too bizarre. maybe they would volunteer themselves in the interest of science

he hasnt really said he'd be back at the open did he:mad: noooo...
there are so many tournaments before then
did he have to pay those attorneys? is so he might think about recovering some of those fees back
a tourney or two would help with money

i hope he isnt embarrassed to come back

i didnt realize he wore the shirt before, but at least it is better than those hoodies he practically glued to himself

Oh, I understood what Richie said, I just didn't know what Leconte had said. Wasn't Richie referred to as a younger Leconte by the press sometimes?

Richie fighting? I'd pay to see that. :lol:

Not only does he LOOK good, but he looked so confident in all the photos and videos I saw him throughout this ordeal. Confidence is sexy. :yeah:

I'm not sure that he is confident now but he has ditched the fidgeting which is great. I must be the only person in the world that likes the hoodies. I like hoodies. Can't stand Lacoste at all, most overrated crappy, expensive sports gear in the entire world, but their hoodies and his practice tops the best of their crappy line.

As for when he plays next, I'm guessing he is hopelessly out of shape tenniswise. If he hasn't picked up a racket for 2 and a half months (which hopefully will have sorted all of the niggling injuries) then he prob needs a couple of weeks of really serious practice. So get ready for Montreal Richie cos if you're not there we are so hunting you down.

duong
07-17-2009, 01:49 PM
About the come-back, yesterday in French newspaper l'Equipe,

his coach Guillaume Peyre said that "it would not be reasonable to come back before Flushing Meadows".

But I also have to say that the ATP rules say that he should take part in MS 1000 tournaments (Montreal, Cinci) unless he's injured.

We will see :)

Davodus
07-17-2009, 02:10 PM
:o he should at least play 1 tournament before the US open!

Schu
07-17-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure that he is confident now but he has ditched the fidgeting which is great. I must be the only person in the world that likes the hoodies. I like hoodies. Can't stand Lacoste at all, most overrated crappy, expensive sports gear in the entire world, but their hoodies and his practice tops the best of their crappy line.

As for when he plays next, I'm guessing he is hopelessly out of shape tenniswise. If he hasn't picked up a racket for 2 and a half months (which hopefully will have sorted all of the niggling injuries) then he prob needs a couple of weeks of really serious practice. So get ready for Montreal Richie cos if you're not there we are so hunting you down.

I think Margarita is a hoodie fan too but for me - good ridance, but I'm sure they will rear there ugly head again this fall.

As Doung said, I thought ATP rules required the Top 54-56 to play 1000s unless injured - wouldn't want to get the ATP mad at you now would ya RIchie. And fortunately his ranking hasn't droppe that low. SO will we see him at Montreal???

reggie1
07-17-2009, 02:50 PM
What is he now, 32? I thought seeing as he was cleared they would let him go back to what he was before the test? Wasn't he about 21 then?

C-B-R
07-17-2009, 03:11 PM
he was about 23 before he was banned . i think he will stay 32 as he still was banned and ranking wont change unless he plays

scmom
07-17-2009, 03:44 PM
just read through to see if Richard had signed up to play any tournaments
looks like maybe Montreal , maybe US Open - I am hoping Montreal
the area, being French speaking , would probably make him feel right at home - or at least more comfortable

I hope that no one in the crowds torments him - that would be just awful
but judging from the piece written by Pete Bodo in his blog that was posted here - there will be a few clods who will never let this rest
Did any of you notice my posts in Richard's defense there ? I do post there from time to time
I don't think his ranking will return to it's pre ban status - regardless of how the cocaine got there , it got there and he is responsible - so the ban is 2 1/2 months and is now over
I hope the ITF /WADA just lets it go - no more - and while they are at it - they should re evaluate Hingis' ban - she got a raw deal

marina36
07-17-2009, 05:46 PM
:banana: I'm so happy!!!! When I heard the news, I can't stop crying...
Now, I'm impatient to see Richard in a tournament. I hope he will play Montréal! And even if he loses in the first round, I won't complain! :)

His first match will may be difficult but I'm confident.

Allez Richard, go go go!!!

~*BGT*~
07-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Richie needs to stay at 32 or higher if he wants to be seeded. Does he want to risk playing Federer in the first round of a GS... again?? :o

reggie1
07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I noticed your posts Beth :D

Cloudygirl
07-17-2009, 06:41 PM
What is he now, 32? I thought seeing as he was cleared they would let him go back to what he was before the test? Wasn't he about 21 then?

he wasn't cleared he was banned for 2 months and however many days his ranking isn't protected. He will get it back though. I have faith in him

Cloudygirl
07-17-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.lepoint.fr/actualites-societe/2009-07-17/affaire-richard-gasquet-pamela-porte-plainte/920/0/362398

shit this story is going to run and run isn't it.

Poor Richie at least he can get back on the courts in the meantime.

Kournikovaism
07-17-2009, 07:38 PM
What is the general gist of that article my leaving cert French isn't really up to that standard.:lol:

C-B-R
07-17-2009, 07:45 PM
http://www.lepoint.fr/actualites-societe/2009-07-17/affaire-richard-gasquet-pamela-porte-plainte/920/0/362398

I love how that lawyer is saying his client has been dragged thought the mud , didnt see say she had a boyfriend , while gasquet has to keep up his images of being a professional sports star , none has the tag of being a drugs cheat . She should get on with her life and forget about it .

timafi
07-17-2009, 08:22 PM
oh shit not again:mad:

scmom
07-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I figured this would be the next step
Pamela is gonna sue - she thinks she can get some money out of this
And , most likely , she is right
I am sure Team Gasquet just wants this to go away
and they will reach a settlement

glad you saw my posts , I do my best to defend Richard on that Tennis World site
it ain't easy - so many of those folks are just not big fans of his
but he does have his supporters on that site , as well
and we stick up for him

Kournikovaism
07-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't think she really has grounds to sue, like was her surname made public at any stage by the inquiry.

Cloudygirl
07-17-2009, 09:24 PM
What is the general gist of that article my leaving cert French isn't really up to that standard.:lol:

Pamela is suing him for defamation of her character or thinking of it and WADA may be appealing his ban as it is too lenient.

Cloudygirl
07-17-2009, 09:25 PM
I figured this would be the next step
Pamela is gonna sue - she thinks she can get some money out of this
And , most likely , she is right
I am sure Team Gasquet just wants this to go away
and they will reach a settlement

glad you saw my posts , I do my best to defend Richard on that Tennis World site
it ain't easy - so many of those folks are just not big fans of his
but he does have his supporters on that site , as well
and we stick up for him

I would think they will be wanting not to settle if WADA appeal cos if they do and he has paid her a settlement it will look dodgy.

marina36
07-17-2009, 09:35 PM
shit!!! why they just can't leave him???

Cloudygirl
07-17-2009, 09:36 PM
shit!!! why they just can't leave him???

cos WADA have to defend their ridiculous rules and the world unfortunately is all about money. Which sucks. But at least he will have tennis in the meantime I don't think they can suspend him pending an appeal.

marina36
07-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes but how he will be able to play with this? He will have to be very strong mentally...
I'm confident about him but the WADA frighten me..

C-B-R
07-17-2009, 10:00 PM
I dont think the WADA have a chance , its the ITF that makes the decision they just ask what the WADA thinks

Gretchen.
07-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Helloooo :)

Haven't been able to post much because of final exams, surgery and the website giving me errors but I am sooo happy Richie is coming back and I'll be going to US Open so will have lots of pics to share by that time :D

So yeah any who Allez Richie

Eimear O'Mahony
07-17-2009, 11:44 PM
JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its great to see you back on MTF ... welcome back hunny :D :D :D

Schu
07-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Pamela is suing him for defamation of her character or thinking of it and WADA may be appealing his ban as it is too lenient.

JUst LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

I still don't know what grounds the WADA or ITF have to appeal unless they come up with more evidence. The tribunal already said this was an unusual situation and the suspension was short because the amount was SO small it was obvious he was not trying to cheat or use it for recreational purposes. The WADA/ITF just doesn't want to have their stupid rules challenged. And if Richie's decision stands, Hingis really did get a bum deal and they probably don't want to deal with the possible back lash.

And PAmela - AS best I remember, I don't think RIchard ever actually accused her of anything in fact he seemed very careful not to say that's how it happened, and when questioned specifically about her, he said that's for the police. Seems it was the media, those lovely journalists, and even the tribunal, who published her name. And does anyone know her last name - is there only ONE Pamela in Paris? Has anyone seen her picture anywhere? This Pamela chick is really starting to bug me but I guess it was probably some lawyer looking to make a few bucks who "suggested" she sue. O.K. if I was Pamela I'd be so sorry I ever kissed RIchard but it's not his fault that the media dragged her name into. Why doesn't she take the "hair" test and show that she's clean?

If RIchie's lawyers got him through this ITF mess, the Pamela thing should be a piece of cake (probably just jinxed him big time). But it is criminal that he still has to deal with this and can't really move on. He better get back in some tournaments - his legal bills must be mounting up.

Kournikovaism
07-18-2009, 01:36 AM
That is what I was thinking. Her surname has never been mentioned so how could anyone have identified her unless she is the only Pamela in the Miami region.

scmom
07-18-2009, 01:57 AM
I have given this some thought . I do not think that legally anywhere - that WADA /ITF can appeal . Prosecutors , and that is what they are , do not have a right to an appeal. Only a defendant has that . If they bring this back to another hearing, they are essentially charging him with the same "crime " twice - and that is not legal . At least not as far as I know. WADA/ITF agreed to do this together - they cannot change the rules now because they did not get the ruling they wanted.
A good lawyer - and it looks like Richard has those- would destroy them.
So let them complain all they want about precedent and not getting the decision they wanted
Too bad for them - they cannot do much about that where Richard is concerned now.

As for Pamela - her last name was not mentioned , as best as I can tell
But , if I were Gasquet and his team - I would just pay the little golddigger.
Get her to sign a paper that she cannot discuss this anymore and just go away
If she breaches the contract - come after her and get your money back with damages
Otherwise , he is going to have this hanging over his head for a long time -and we want him fresh and ready to focus on tennis
not some long drawn out , pending civil suit .

scmom
07-18-2009, 02:00 AM
and Jenn
enjoy the open
take lots of pictures !

case
07-18-2009, 02:24 AM
unless things are much different in europe, here in the states you usually have to show damages. she was damaged how? has she lost a job? if she did hang out at those places i cant say she has a character complaint. emotional damages-did her boyfriend leave her and cause her to enter into a psych ward? didnt she admit to one kiss anyway?
she was given an opportunity at the hearing to come forward and declined. is it that much easier to sue someone in europe?
as for the coke implications for her to make that an argument i think she would also have to prove that she hasnt done drugs.
does she want to go there? even if she won the damages would be small

in a civil case you do usually have the right to an appeal and this was brought up in the verdict. i think it said three weeks.
considering the bad press they have gotten for this already i cant see them appealing, much less winning in an appeal

LOL probably a good idea i never became an attorney. i am probably full of shi#!

Kournikovaism
07-18-2009, 02:51 AM
It is lucky he is not a British player or she would have been in the News of the World at this stage telling her "story".

I know Miami is trashy but that whole night sounded cheap. First he is with a girl with a cheap name (Pamela) and then in some stripclub for 10mins, called Goldrush sounds equally tacky. I googled Goldrush and it does a special night for bikers on a Wedensday. :spit: hardly upmarket.

I would advise him to visit classier establishments in future :lol:.

Schu
07-18-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm not an attorney but have relatives and friends who are - many are trial attorneys so I've listened to so many opening and closing arguements and read so many briefs I think I've spent the equivalent of at least one year of law school. Anyway the filing of Pamela's defamation suit must have caused the tribunal to basically erase her name and her friend's Denise because I went to show one of my attorney friends the decision just a little while ago and now "Pamela" is replaced by "P______" all over the document and Denise is replaced by "D_______". At least I THINK I saw the full first name in the decision when it was originally posted.

Seems if Pamela had just shut up and gave no interviews, no one but those at the party would have known who she was.

THe decision did say that WADA/ITF had a right to appeal but how could they originally rule for a 2 1/2 month suspension and then increase it - talk about CRUEL. And unless the ITF/WADA comes up with pictures of Richie taking cocaine or some witness that just surfaces to say they saw him taking cociane is the tribunal really going to say "oh yes, we were wrong the first time, just forget our original decision"? Don't see the tribunal doing that.

Paying off the golddigger might make things go away but it would look bad. I hate to think that Richie might have this hanging over him for years but hopefully she'll realize the amount of damages she would get would barely pay her fame seeking lawyer. Agree with you Case - what are her damages?

O.K. enough legal talk ... Here's to seeing a fired up Richie in Montreal, Cincy and the US Open!

Davodus
07-18-2009, 03:36 AM
ahh is this bitch for real? What a crackwhore, seriously.

I don't think the WADA had a serious chance, I have never heard of someone's suspension increasing because of an appeal. They may just want to appeal to show they are not very happy about it for future cases like this.

Cloudygirl
07-18-2009, 08:07 AM
JUst LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

I still don't know what grounds the WADA or ITF have to appeal unless they come up with more evidence. The tribunal already said this was an unusual situation and the suspension was short because the amount was SO small it was obvious he was not trying to cheat or use it for recreational purposes. The WADA/ITF just doesn't want to have their stupid rules challenged. And if Richie's decision stands, Hingis really did get a bum deal and they probably don't want to deal with the possible back lash.

And PAmela - AS best I remember, I don't think RIchard ever actually accused her of anything in fact he seemed very careful not to say that's how it happened, and when questioned specifically about her, he said that's for the police. Seems it was the media, those lovely journalists, and even the tribunal, who published her name. And does anyone know her last name - is there only ONE Pamela in Paris? Has anyone seen her picture anywhere? This Pamela chick is really starting to bug me but I guess it was probably some lawyer looking to make a few bucks who "suggested" she sue. O.K. if I was Pamela I'd be so sorry I ever kissed RIchard but it's not his fault that the media dragged her name into. Why doesn't she take the "hair" test and show that she's clean?

If RIchie's lawyers got him through this ITF mess, the Pamela thing should be a piece of cake (probably just jinxed him big time). But it is criminal that he still has to deal with this and can't really move on. He better get back in some tournaments - his legal bills must be mounting up.

I thought there might be legal implications cos I went to look something up on the judgment on thursday and all the Pamela's have been changed to P.....

It is lucky he is not a British player or she would have been in the News of the World at this stage telling her "story".

I know Miami is trashy but that whole night sounded cheap. First he is with a girl with a cheap name (Pamela) and then in some stripclub for 10mins, called Goldrush sounds equally tacky. I googled Goldrush and it does a special night for bikers on a Wedensday. :spit: hardly upmarket.

I would advise him to visit classier establishments in future :lol:.

I haven't seen her name published (last name) and she has spoken to the press herself hasn't she. My aunt is called Pamela maybe Richie was snogging her ;) it goes with our older women theory ;) So less of the name Pamela being trashy pls ;)

I agree with you that Richie needs to visit classier places but it's not like he comes out of this with the image of a party animal. His mum books his flights, he drinks girlie drinks (sorry Richie ;) ) and when at the strip club it was him and his friends that felt uncomfortable and decided to leave. I imagine if for example it was Marat who had been unfortunate enough for this to happen to him then the night out described would have been a lot wilder.

I love Richie to bits though and wouldn't have him any other way.

Puschkin
07-18-2009, 08:13 AM
This is all going in the wrong direction. It is not about enhancing a sportive performanc by drugs, it is about being right(whatever it means), keeping images and preserving their own little egos.

Stay strong Richard!

whattheheck
07-18-2009, 10:16 AM
WADA jealous of Richie

reggie1
07-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Just when we thought it was all over!

Venle
07-18-2009, 12:36 PM
No, what's going on? An appeal? :unsure:

I believe I have missed something. They can't ban him back, can they? :sad:

tennis lover
07-18-2009, 12:58 PM
I can't deal with any more drama! :sobbing: please just let it be over. :awww:

Davodus
07-18-2009, 01:50 PM
I can't see how the WADA would have anything extra to add that would change the decision. I have never heard of someone getting an increased sentence because of an appeal

So, I'm hoping they are just trying to be seen doing something so they can have something to fall back on if this case is referenced in future cases.

PatriciaV
07-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Seems that WADA's appeal laws are similar to French's... :sad:

As for Pamela, it isn't likely in my opinion that she's looking for money; french's law doesn't allow any money agreement, and the dammages you can get after a trial aren't that big (anyway she as nothing in her file against Richard, he was very well advised by his lawyers...:rolleyes:). Rather, she took a lawyer because of Richard's procedure against X, where she was heard by the police, and risks theoritically - if her hair's sample is positive, for example - to have to pay dammages fees to Richard...

The reason why he began the procedure is very likely to get this hair's analyse from her, and newpapers wrote that it occurs and they are waiting for the results.
In my opinion, if Pamela is positive, WADA will not go on with the procedure.

Maybe also she hopes that now that Richard is free in regards of the competition, he might stop with the procedure if she has something to trade with him - i.e., retiring her own one.

lisaplenske
07-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Just when we thought it was all over!

yes that's just pathetic really. At least it will teach him to not kiss or whatever he predicted to do with girls he doesnt know a shit about.
He's a tennis professionnal , not a gigolo.:rolleyes:

case
07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
The reason why he began the procedure is very likely to get this hair's analyse from her, and newpapers wrote that it occurs and they are waiting for the results.
In my opinion, if Pamela is positive, WADA will not go on with the procedure.

Maybe also she hopes that now that Richard is free in regards of the competition, he might stop with the procedure if she has something to trade with him - i.e., retiring her own one.

what happens if the test is negative? supposedly one of the first things they teach you in law school is never ask a question you don't know the answer to. i'm still thinking this is whole affair is actually over and all we are seeing is some face saving from "P" and wada

i wish i liked murray better. the only thing he has to worry about is that his dog got sick from eating rocks. it isnt easy being a fan of gasquet . i am also glad i am leaving for vacation on tuesday i was getting obsessed with this thing. i am not even taking my laptop.

why didnt gasquet do some training? what did he do -sit around the house eating brownies? well, that is what i would have done!

lisaplenske
07-18-2009, 05:15 PM
why didnt gasquet do some training? what did he do -sit around the house eating brownies? well, that is what i would have done!

brownies dont think lol, not a usual cake the french eating;) in fact I found him lost some pounds even if he looks good even today.:shrug:

Eliande
07-18-2009, 06:54 PM
yes that's just pathetic really. At least it will teach him to not kiss or whatever he predicted to do with girls he doesnt know a shit about.

I couldn't agree more!;)

~*BGT*~
07-18-2009, 08:59 PM

The slut needs to sit down and shut up. She should be lucky Richie doesn't sue her for lost wages. :o

Cloudygirl
07-18-2009, 09:01 PM
brownies dont think lol, not a usual cake the french eating;) in fact I found him lost some pounds even if he looks good even today.:shrug:

croissants then ;)

actually he looked quite slight in that interview like he has lost weight. Probably the worry. I 100% understand the lack of motivation though. What would have been the point of practising every day if he couldn't play a competitive match for a year.

Cin
07-18-2009, 09:09 PM

I dont think he will change the lifestyle.Old habits die hard. girls are as important as tennis in his life. but be careful.;)

Kournikovaism
07-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I dont think he will change the lifestyle.Old habits die hard. girls are as important as tennis in his life. but be careful.;)

I don't think they are that important to him, like all the did was kiss, it isn't like she has some sex story to sell.

Cloudygirl
07-18-2009, 10:19 PM
well I don't think he should become a monk because of one bad experience. As long as he is careful I hope it doesn't put him off having fun. What is he meant to do with his offtime play scrabble with his coach.

Kournikovaism
07-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Yeah I agree but he really shouldn't just be kissing strangers, like Herpes anyone. :shrug: :lol:

But I agree he shouldn't just do nothing, just more careful I suppose.

Davodus
07-19-2009, 06:20 AM
The slut needs to sit down and shut up. She should be lucky Richie doesn't sue her for lost wages. :o

:lol: To me, she is an obvious crackwhore bitch. I wish she would just disappear

but-it's-ok
07-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah she's a wrong un,she must get lost. And yes Richie,slap her in the pocket for your loss of earnings,teach her a lesson she won't forget:rocker2:

reggie1
07-19-2009, 11:26 AM
I've read quite a few stories about players having one nighters but also think don't they stop to think about getting Mono? That's almost finished Mario's career :sad:
As for Richie being this womaniser, I don't know what to think. (not that it's really our business but as fans we care and worry about him making wrong choices that will affect his career and we are bound to speculate) but I've read differing reports, some saying he is the consumate "Drageur" - I love that word :lol: and others saying that he is not interested in groupies at all.It must be hard when you are constantly travelling to have something a bit more meaningful but other players do it and it seems to be of a huge benefit to them. Having the love and support of someone who genuinely cares for you and what's in your best interests often is. He needs a Mirka (Mirka is becoming a tennis icon in her own right now :lol:)

Cloudygirl
07-19-2009, 11:37 AM
I've read quite a few stories about players having one nighters but also think don't they stop to think about getting Mono? That's almost finished Mario's career :sad:
As for Richie being this womaniser, I don't know what to think. (not that it's really our business but as fans we care and worry about him making wrong choices that will affect his career and we are bound to speculate) but I've read differing reports, some saying he is the consumate "Drageur" - I love that word :lol: and others saying that he is not interested in groupies at all.It must be hard when you are constantly travelling to have something a bit more meaningful but other players do it and it seems to be of a huge benefit to them. Having the love and support of someone who genuinely cares for you and what's in your best interests often is. He needs a Mirka (Mirka is becoming a tennis icon in her own right now :lol:)

I think he needs a Xisca girl next door type who doesn't care about the fame but is happy to be there when he needs her but has her own life. Richie and Rafa are mates right so maybe Xisca has a sister or cousin he could hook him up with ;)

Or if he has to be single he just has to be a bit more discerning.

What the heck is a Drageur, Vicky? My french doesn't stretch to that.

lisaplenske
07-19-2009, 12:59 PM
well I don't think he should become a monk because of one bad experience. As long as he is careful I hope it doesn't put him off having fun. What is he meant to do with his offtime play scrabble with his coach.

lol I like your comparaisons with the monk and the scrable with his coach thing. No of course this story must not prevent him from having some fun men of his age have. BUT and there's a but, he must act with more self estime about what he wants and deserve. He must be clear and honest with himself; is this what he expect from this life as a tennis player?; having a girl on every big town he's supposed to be for a tournament? That's simple, in french we have a kind of mojo who say: "Tell me who are your contacts and I ll tell you who you are"
this pamela girl seems to me as a kinda bitchy lost girl. I dont know her but that's not a serious girl at all so why richard picked her that night? you know he's 23 now, he must think more wisely his "frequentations"( dont know that word in english)and be more respectful to himself as a man with big qualities. I dont know him neither but I m sure there are many serious and good girls who can care for him and share his life as a tennis player.
Time to be a man of principles.
That's the best way to have stability in his private life and also on his professional one.

Eliande
07-19-2009, 01:44 PM
lol I like your comparaisons with the monk and the scrable with his coach thing. No of course this story must not prevent him from having some fun men of his age have. BUT and there's a but, he must act with more self estime about what he wants and deserve. He must be clear and honest with himself; is this what he expect from this life as a tennis player?; having a girl on every big town he's supposed to be for a tournament? That's simple, in french we have a kind of mojo who say: "Tell me who are your contacts and I ll tell you who you are"
this pamela girl seems to me as a kinda bitchy lost girl. I dont know her but that's not a serious girl at all so why richard picked her that night? you know he's 23 now, he must think more wisely his "frequentations"( dont know that word in english)and be more respectful to himself as a man with big qualities. I dont know him neither but I m sure there are many serious and good girls who can care for him and share his life as a tennis player.
Time to be a man of principles.
That's the best way to have stability in his private life and also on his professional one.

Well said!
I applaud you!:worship:

Kournikovaism
07-19-2009, 04:55 PM
I think he needs a Xisca girl next door type who doesn't care about the fame but is happy to be there when he needs her but has her own life. Richie and Rafa are mates right so maybe Xisca has a sister or cousin he could hook him up with ;)

I would be slightly wary of some Spanish girls, like dozens have featured in the News of the World after relationships with footballers even though they seemed like the girl next door type.

This whole situation made me think of 2 quotes
At this year's Open, I'll have five boyfriends.
I have a lot of boyfriends, I want you to write that. Every country I visit, I have a different boyfriend. And I kiss them all.

So lets be honest he is hardly the first tennis player to do this sort of thing. But he is 23 not 18 so really should be more careful with random girls.

But some ATP players seem content doing the rounds in the locker room
Stepanek with Vaidisova and Hingis.
Verdasco with Ivanovic and (rumour) Wozniacki.
etc.

But this Pamela really has no grounds for any case I don't think, let's just be glad she kept her STDs to herself also. :angel:

*MJP*
07-20-2009, 02:44 AM
Woohoo! :woohoo: Yay Richies back!!! Back from holidays to some fantastic news, glad to see that common sense has finally prevailed. C'mon Richie come back stronger then ever! :happy:

whattheheck
07-20-2009, 03:42 AM
I would be slightly wary of some Spanish girls, like dozens have featured in the News of the World after relationships with footballers even though they seemed like the girl next door type.

This whole situation made me think of 2 quotes

So lets be honest he is hardly the first tennis player to do this sort of thing. But he is 23 not 18 so really should be more careful with random girls.

But some ATP players seem content doing the rounds in the locker room
Stepanek with Vaidisova and Hingis.
Verdasco with Ivanovic and (rumour) Wozniacki.
etc.

But this Pamela really has no grounds for any case I don't think, let's just be glad she kept her STDs to herself also. :angel:

To be safe, maybe Richie should just go out with female tennis players. Just to be sure that they are drug-free.

Naina
07-20-2009, 07:36 AM
I just came back from vacation to this and I AM ECSTATIC :bounce:
Cant wait to see him back on court.
richie :hug:

Cloudygirl
07-20-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.lepost.fr/article/2009/07/20/1626886_affaire-richard-gasquet-maitre-yassine-bouzrou-ma-cliente-a-ete-instrumentalisee-interview-exclusive.html

doesn't look like the media circus is over yet folks.

Schu
07-20-2009, 08:03 PM
http://www.lepost.fr/article/2009/07/20/1626886_affaire-richard-gasquet-maitre-yassine-bouzrou-ma-cliente-a-ete-instrumentalisee-interview-exclusive.html

doesn't look like the media circus is over yet folks.

Crap, I don't think dear P____'s (don't want her after me too:)) suit against Richard will hurt him much because he wasn't the one who actually splashed her name and details all over the place but if it strengthens a case for WADA/ITF appeal somehow :armed:.

Somebody is lying big time...

Talk about a roller coaster ride of emotions for Richard, he can't yet completely breathe a sigh of relief. HAng in there Richie!!!!!

Cloudygirl
07-20-2009, 08:06 PM
thing is though what would a hair strand prove? It proves whether or not you have had prolongued usage but not whether you've used at all. So she might be neg but have taken that night.

She wasn't tested at the time. So proves fuck all. Just drags it all though the papers. I don't see what the heck the point is because who has actually dragged her name through the mud. Do people in France actually know who she is bar that her name is Pamela? her surname wasn't released to the press was it.

adagio12
07-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh, lord. Next thing you know she will be on a talk show. Maybe have her own short-lived line of cheap jewelry to sell on some home-shopping network. Do people never learn...? I am surprised they named her on the original court documents, though. I just hope this doesn't derail Richard from having a good comeback. I've worked at a law firm that dealt with a lot of civil suits (but in the US)- of course most were settled out of court. But it sure would feel good to just shut her down...

I guess backlash is inevitable.

Kournikovaism
07-20-2009, 08:10 PM
OMG :mad: I really hate this girl now originally I just thought she was an innocent girl who was in with some wrong people, but she seems to be a skank.

She will soon run away when Brett Michaels wants her for Rock of Love, season 4 :rolleyes:

Also where did Francesca come from I thought some Denise was her friend.

Schu
07-20-2009, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Cloudygirl;8866614]thing is though what would a hair strand prove? It proves whether or not you have had prolongued usage but not whether you've used at all. So she might be neg but have taken that night. [QUOTE/]

Yep - and Richard had "no trace" in his hair strand test too and look what it did for him...

I too felt sorry for her at first but now :armed::armed::armed::boxing::boxing::boxing:

Cloudygirl
07-20-2009, 08:43 PM
I still do feel a little sorry for her. No matter what she had or hadn't taken that night (I don't want to get sued either) I'm sure she didn't intend this to happen. However if she is fame shy this is only going to make it a lot worse.

Cin
07-20-2009, 08:43 PM
I didnt read the same story on the big websites. so we dont know the Pamela story is true or not.
and Who is this famous Pamela? or just Psth. we dont know. Maybe this one isnt the one who went to Miami.
they have nothing to do? could them just leave him alone. whether fan of Richard or not, live and let live.

I'm still very optimism, at least ITF and the Tribunal are not stupid. they made their decision based on sth. and Richard has great lawyer team and communication team. they are not afraid of another fight
I just wait for his next tournemant.

but really dislike this Pamela and her "avocat", obviously who wants to be famous.

Cin
07-20-2009, 08:55 PM
I still do feel a little sorry for her. No matter what she had or hadn't taken that night (I don't want to get sued either) I'm sure she didn't intend this to happen. However if she is fame shy this is only going to make it a lot worse.
I felt sorry for her at the begginning.you know, maybe she was just a young girl who wanted to have fun in Miami.

now it's different.
did she get any damage? she wants her "honneur" back now?! If she didnt tell her Miami story to others, as the girl named serve it up or sth else, nobody will treat her as a druggy. Pamela is such a normal name, bitch or not a bitch,both can have it.

I'm not that nice, so I think what she wants back isnt her "honneur", but money or a chance to be famous, whatever.

case
07-20-2009, 10:29 PM
sorry-my translation stunk.

is this correct-

she has actually FILED a lawsuit.
she tested neg on her hair strand.
they hugged/embraced ten times but kissed only once
what does sth mean?
who is that other woman fransesca?
who is she suing? just gasquet or is she suing the itf or both
did she originally say she felt sorry for gasquet in the press?

didnt she give interviews or at least one?

i dont think gasquet can settle this out of court because it will look like a payoff. anyone hear what french legal people think or is this still kind of tabloid stuff? this isnt really a big deal in france is it?

case
07-20-2009, 10:33 PM

...I'm not that nice,...

:lol: my niceness left me years ago. these are trying times.
what a big mess. on a positive note this has turned into such a mess i cant think that the itf or wada will ever want to hear about this again.

marina36
07-20-2009, 11:01 PM
sorry-my translation stunk.

is this correct-

she has actually FILED a lawsuit.
she tested neg on her hair strand.
they hugged/embraced ten times but kissed only once
what does sth mean?
who is that other woman fransesca?
who is she suing? just gasquet or is she suing the itf or both
did she originally say she felt sorry for gasquet in the press?

didnt she give interviews or at least one?

i dont think gasquet can settle this out of court because it will look like a payoff. anyone hear what french legal people think or is this still kind of tabloid stuff? this isnt really a big deal in france is it?

I didnt read that she tested neg... she made the test but I think she is waiting for the result.
Francesca is a Pamela's friend who came in Miami.
I think Pamela is just suing Richard.

There are just French tabloids which are interested with this story with Pamela. The "serious" newspapers didnt talk about that.

case
07-20-2009, 11:13 PM
I didnt read that she tested neg... she made the test but I think she is waiting for the result.
Francesca is a Pamela's friend who came in Miami.
I think Pamela is just suing Richard.

There are just French tabloids which are interested with this story with Pamela. The "serious" newspapers didnt talk about that.

thanks.

tennis lover
07-20-2009, 11:55 PM
thing is though what would a hair strand prove? It proves whether or not you have had prolongued usage but not whether you've used at all. So she might be neg but have taken that night.
I might be wrong but I think hair tests prove whether or not you have taken anything at all in the last 4 months or so rather than just long term usage. :shrug:

Cloudygirl
07-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Small amounts don't always show up in hair strand tests. Like Richie's probably didn't. I am not sure what you would have to take to have it show up in your hair. Depending on the length of hair though it can be really accurate you can distinguish between what month things were taken in etc.

It's quite interesting.

tennis lover
07-21-2009, 12:11 AM
yeah, my friend was going to apply to MI6 and they said if you have taken any amount of recreational drugs in the last 6 months then don't apply because you'll fail a hair test. :shrug: Richie's amount was so minuscule that it would be hard for it to show up whereas I guess maybe if someone actually took a line or something it will. :shrug: I don't know, we'll have to wait and see what becomes of it. I just want it to all go away. :awww: In fact I am going to stop reading all the articles about it until anything actually happens, as far as I'm concerned his ban is over and we're back to normal. :dance:

Lemon Custard
07-21-2009, 06:40 AM
I seem to remember when reading the verdict that Pamela was with a friend who she said was 'offered' cocaine that night, who is apparently a French television personality. Is it possible it's the television personality who wants the defamation suit? And, have any of you Frenchies heard of her? (I'll re-read the verdict again and post it if I can find it, but if they've removed her name, it may be difficult).

Tess Gray
07-21-2009, 10:25 AM
yeah, my friend was going to apply to MI6 and they said if you have taken any amount of recreational drugs in the last 6 months then don't apply because you'll fail a hair test. :shrug: Richie's amount was so minuscule that it would be hard for it to show up whereas I guess maybe if someone actually took a line or something it will. :shrug: I don't know, we'll have to wait and see what becomes of it. I just want it to all go away. :awww: In fact I am going to stop reading all the articles about it until anything actually happens, as far as I'm concerned his ban is over and we're back to normal. :dance:

+1 ;)

reggie1
07-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't really know what to think of Pamela, I can't imagine many girls suggesting an outing to a stripclub with a bunch of guys they've only just met (if that bit is true), talk about giving out a certain type of message :lol:

Venle
07-21-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't really know what to think of Pamela, I can't imagine many girls suggesting an outing to a stripclub with a bunch of guys they've only just met (if that bit is true), talk about giving out a certain type of message :lol:

I don't wanna say my opinion about her. :lol:

Davodus
07-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I don't wanna say my opinion about her. :lol:

i think i know it ;)

Cloudygirl
07-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Apparantly P...'s (;) ) lawyers are asking for Richie and his group to all be hair strand tested again.

But have they actually filed a complaint yet or are they just mouthing off in the press?

whattheheck
07-22-2009, 03:23 AM
Any updates?

EternalxJourney
07-22-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm late on the update but man, I am soooo relieved and happy for Richie.

HE'S COMING BACK!!!! WOOHOOO! :banana: :banana: :rocker2:

edit: So I just went back to read the last few pages in this thread. What's with the law suit? Is this shit ever gonna be over? Richie, hang in there!

whattheheck
07-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Richie will get through this:yeah:

acd692
07-24-2009, 11:01 PM
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/gasquet-inscrit_sto2011484/flashnews.shtml

he will play in both tournaments?:)

whattheheck
07-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Yay! You can never get enough of Richie.

Cloudygirl
07-28-2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.scooppeople.fr/article-7840-richard-gasquet-traine-en-justice-pour-diffamation.html

so she is selling her story to magazines now?

Kournikovaism
07-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I really wanna see a photo of this skank. Its so frustrating. :mad: :p

Schu
07-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I can't really understand much of the article but I get the jist of it and don't even want to know exactly what it says.

I'm sure on advice of his legal counsel he is keeping quite but I'd be ready to punch her out and counter-sue HER for defamation calling me a liar to every media outlet possible. It's ironic how SHE is the one making the story public yet Richard who was very careful not to give specific details or names get slapped with a defamation suit.

I just can't understand how there can be two so dramatically different stories. Surely someone saw the Kiss(es) and can put an end to this "he said/she said" . P____'s story seems to grow more outrageous every day.

Cloudygirl
07-28-2009, 08:12 PM
well Peyre was his witness at the hearing wasn't he? I really can't be arsed to read all 38 pages of that judgment again to double check.

Hopefully he is ignoring all press and spending his time in the gym and on the tennis court.

Kournikovaism
07-28-2009, 08:34 PM
P____'s story seems to grow more outrageous every day.

Of course it does because the tabloids like outrageous stories more than they like the truth.

Schu
07-28-2009, 08:38 PM
well Peyre was his witness at the hearing wasn't he?
Hopefully he is ignoring all press and spending his time in the gym and on the tennis court.

Hopefully so.

And yes Peyre was a witness - don't know what he said, and Richard's agent was with him when he first spoke to HER after notification of the positive test. So... Is she just a total nutcase looking for her 15 minutes of fame with an equally crazy attorney?

And true about the tabloids - who knows if she even said half of that which is attributed to her in the tabloid.

marina36
07-28-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.scooppeople.fr/article-7840-richard-gasquet-traine-en-justice-pour-diffamation.html

so she is selling her story to magazines now?

She gave an ITW for "Closer", not a serious magazine at all...
And she said the contrary of what she said last month! :eek:

Kournikovaism
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Closer is more ridiculous than Heat.

I assume the French version is equally trashy.

Keijan
07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
If she's talking to Closer, she has absolutely no chance of being taken seriously :lol: Richie is safe.

I was wondering, do we know with whom he's going to work now ? There was some talk about him getting back with Deblicker, but I'd be surprised to see Peyre outing the picture right now. But both of them at the same time sounds a bit crazy.

tufani
07-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I was wondering, do we know with whom he's going to work now ? There was some talk about him getting back with Deblicker, but I'd be surprised to see Peyre outing the picture right now. But both of them at the same time sounds a bit crazy.

He was practising with Peyre a week ago, according to the article posted by Margareta (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8873931&postcount=3224).

Puschkin
07-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I was wondering, do we know with whom he's going to work now ? There was some talk about him getting back with Deblicker, but I'd be surprised to see Peyre outing the picture right now.
I would like to know that, too. There were reports that Deblicker had been back for some short interventions before Rome, whatever this means. My feeling is that it might be quite useful if Peyre and Deblicker talk to each other and even develop a programm together, maybe there was no real transition last year and Eric could tell Guillaume a lot about Richard, but I can't imagine them both being with him.

tufani
07-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Wasn't Deblicker assigned as a president of Lagardère Paris Racing tennis section? I doubt he would work as a full-time coach under these circumstances. :shrug:

Keijan
07-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks to you both. Indeed it seems he's still with Peyre. Deblicker has been having a commentator job on French tv since he left Richard's team too, mostly for the grand slams and masters series, but I suppose he could quit it easily if Richard wanted him back :shrug:

But if he got higher functions in the Lagardere team, that might means he's not interested in coaching anymore. Maybe he'll give him a hand from time to time and travel to 2/3 tournaments with Richie so Peyre can see his family or something :scratch:

But very probably, they didn't approach the subject as long as they didn't know about the length of his ban, and only started to really think about it recently. Maybe it's not very clear in their minds either atm.

Davodus
07-29-2009, 04:58 AM
I am sick of miss P_____ :rolleyes:

she needs a good kick up the arse

and I agree with schu, I would want to counter-sue the bitch for defamation, the way she is running around calling him a liar to anyone that will listen.

krn81
07-29-2009, 07:04 AM
About the coach, I think I rode that Richard still wants to have Peyre as coach, but this was few weeks ago during the ban and dont remember where I rode that :shrug:

About Pamela, well she is trying to save her day (sauvez les meubles :confused:), the people who follows the story know that she is not saying the true otherwise she will have already said something month ago when they talked about her friend and the rest of the party. btw this famous friend never said a word so so....
And until when the sport council can appeal from the decision? Was it 20 days?

Cloudygirl
07-29-2009, 08:00 AM
21 days from written receipt of the judgement. If they received it the day it was put online they have until August 5th but they probably had it before then so who knows. It was dated the 15th though I think so probably is August 5th.

reggie1
07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I'd be really happy to see Eric have some input into Richie's career again, I know I may be in the minority as I know there were some who didn't rate Eric that much but Richie still reached his highest ranking under Deblicker's coaching.

Eliande
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd be really happy to see Eric have some input into Richie's career again, I know I may be in the minority as I know there were some who didn't rate Eric that much but Richie still reached his highest ranking under Deblicker's coaching.

I agree with you. The facts show that he did well with Deblicker, so I think his influence on him could be a good thing, at this point in his career.

Gretchen.
07-29-2009, 07:06 PM
I agree with you. The facts show that he did well with Deblicker, so I think his influence on him could be a good thing, at this point in his career.

He seemed to progress more as a player when he was with Eric,because to me ever since he got together with Peyre, there hasn't been much improvement.So even if Eric can't be his full time coach, having him at a couple practices and some tournies would probably do Richie some good, you know get him back to playing the tennis he is capable of playing.

Puschkin
07-29-2009, 07:47 PM
He seemed to progress more as a player when he was with Eric
The majority of people posting on French fora would heavily disagree with that. Some even claim that Richard would have won already a GS title had he not been with Deblicker.

I think at the time of the change, it was a good choice, but Peyre was not very lucky. Richard was injured a lot under his tutelage and therefore it is hard to say if he was successful or not.

The remarkable difference however was, that Richard managed to win matches from a set down, which he hardly had done at the end of Deblicker's time, the great Wimby win is just the exception to the rule.

My feeling is that Richard got along perfectly with Deblicker on the human side, while Peyre is better for his physical condition. If I am right (which I don't claim) a combined effort would indeed be the best.

Schu
07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
I think at the time of the change, it was a good choice, but Peyre was not very lucky. Richard was injured a lot under his tutelage and therefore it is hard to say if he was successful or not.

The remarkable difference however was, that Richard managed to win matches from a set down, which he hardly had done at the end of Deblicker's time, the great Wimby win is just the exception to the rule.

My feeling is that Richard got along perfectly with Deblicker on the human side, while Peyre is better for his physical condition. If I am right (which I don't claim) a combined effort would indeed be the best.

Agree with all. I think Deblicker was great to guide Richie through his late teen age years and early twenties as a father type/mentor as well as a coach. aNd while I'm sure Deblicker knew RIchard needed to be stronger physically and more agressive on the court he just wasn't able to get that message through to RIchard. In the relatively short time Richard was with Peyre, when Richard wasn't injured he was playing more aggressively, fighting harder and beginning to look physically stronger. It may have been Peyre's style that got through better to RIchard OR maybe Eric said the same thing but RIchard just wasn't mature enough to listen and implement.

I also think WImbledon 07 was a bit misleading - the stars alinged just perfectly for his victory but I think Richard has played better tennis, when not injured, after that victory.

Richard has enough talent and enormous motivation now that he should have success with any number of competent coaches. It's more about the chemistry between Richard and his coach. I don't care who his coach is; I just hope SOMEONE is working his ass off right now and we see a RIchie like we've never seen before on the court REALLY soon!!

Cloudygirl
07-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Agree with all. I think Deblicker was great to guide Richie through his late teen age years and early twenties as a father type/mentor as well as a coach. aNd while I'm sure Deblicker knew RIchard needed to be stronger physically and more agressive on the court he just wasn't able to get that message through to RIchard. In the relatively short time Richard was with Peyre, when Richard wasn't injured he was playing more aggressively, fighting harder and beginning to look physically stronger. It may have been Peyre's style that got through better to RIchard OR maybe Eric said the same thing but RIchard just wasn't mature enough to listen and implement.

I also think WImbledon 07 was a bit misleading - the stars alinged just perfectly for his victory but I think Richard has played better tennis, when not injured, after that victory.

Richard has enough talent and enormous motivation now that he should have success with any number of competent coaches. It's more about the chemistry between Richard and his coach. I don't care who his coach is; I just hope SOMEONE is working his ass off right now and we see a RIchie like we've never seen before on the court REALLY soon!!

i don't think I've ever seen his game smoother than against Tsonga in the 4th round that year. Everything else I agree with. He had better be working his ass off or we will all be nagging him again.

reggie1
07-29-2009, 08:39 PM
I do agree with all the points made but I do think it would be good if Eric could keep up some level of involvement, I've just always thought (but again, what do I know) that Richard just looked happier when with Eric, but Peyre definitely seemed to make him "man up" so to speak.

Cloudygirl
07-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Hopefully fit Richie will be in Montreal. Is he def playing do we know? He still isn't according to their website.

I agree with you about Eric Vicky. Richie looks happy with him and he needs a balance I think between that and hard work.

Gretchen.
07-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Hopefully fit Richie will be in Montreal. Is he def playing do we know? He still isn't according to their website.

I agree with you about Eric Vicky. Richie looks happy with him and he needs a balance I think between that and hard work.

Is he still on the entry list?? Cause Rafa is still on the entry list and he might not even play, I hope he does play....cause no match practice before US Open sounds a bit risky :unsure:

Cloudygirl
07-29-2009, 08:54 PM
On the website he is out and has been since forever (he was out before cos of the ban) but l'equipe and eurosport have both said he is playing. So I don't have a clue to be honest.

Things are looking pretty grim for Rafa this year if his knees are still bad.

Gretchen.
07-29-2009, 09:00 PM
On the website he is out and has been since forever (he was out before cos of the ban) but l'equipe and eurosport have both said he is playing. So I don't have a clue to be honest.

Things are looking pretty grim for Rafa this year if his knees are still bad.

Ah ok...hopefully the website just hasn't been updated recently and on the day the draw comes out he magically appears ;)...at least I hope that happens.

Yeah poor Rafito, but it's the way he plays tennis that is doing this to him, it takes a lot out of him physically, I mean I think any sane human would have serious knee troubles if he ran like Rafa.But at the same time here we have Richie who doesn't even hit the ball that hard and rarely runs down as much shots as Rafa and he is injured 99.9% of the time...god I hate injuries.

Schu
07-29-2009, 10:06 PM
The Montreal website doesn't ever seem to be very current so I guess we will just have to wait till the draw really does come out or someone sees him on a plane to Montreal. I still don't understand the mystery - doesn't he have to play the 1000s or get a big penalty the following year (or something like that)? ANd I can't see how he would play the US open having not played a match since the beginning of May? But both he and his coach only mentioned US OPen :shrug:

I'd love both RIchie and Rafa to be back in MOntreal but I might not be able to see either:(

Cloudygirl
07-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Yup it's the not knowing thats a killer. When is the draw out? Soon surely.

Gasquetno.1
07-29-2009, 11:15 PM
I have a feeling he wont be playing in Montreal :sad: I don't know why, but wouldn't they have announced it by now? That Eurosport link doesn't seem that official?

tennis lover
07-29-2009, 11:41 PM
The Montreal website doesn't ever seem to be very current so I guess we will just have to wait till the draw really does come out or someone sees him on a plane to Montreal. I still don't understand the mystery - doesn't he have to play the 1000s or get a big penalty the following year (or something like that)? ANd I can't see how he would play the US open having not played a match since the beginning of May? But both he and his coach only mentioned US OPen :shrug:

I'd love both RIchie and Rafa to be back in MOntreal but I might not be able to see either:(
I think he will be forced to miss a 1000 tournament next year if he misses one this year without a legitimate injury or something. :shrug: as far as I can see, he has no choice but to play both 1000 tournaments, it's the only sensible option. :)

Cloudygirl
07-29-2009, 11:42 PM
I guess he could still plead shoulder injury if it isn't 100% right.

Gretchen.
07-29-2009, 11:43 PM
I think he will be forced to miss a 1000 tournament next year if he misses one this year without a legitimate injury or something. :shrug: as far as I can see, he has no choice but to play both 1000 tournaments, it's the only sensible option. :)

Well excuse me for being selfish but he needs to play cause I miss seeing 'real' tennis :p So come on Richie be sensible and start playing!

tennis lover
07-30-2009, 12:01 AM
I guess he could still plead shoulder injury if it isn't 100% right.
he'll still have to go and do promo during the first 3 days of the tournament or he gets suspended anyway so if he is going to be in Montreal he may as well play. :shrug: I'd imagine after all this time the shoulder is fine, hasn't he said something to that effect? or did I dream it?! :lol: ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
07-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Yup it's the not knowing thats a killer. When is the draw out? Soon surely.

Main draw: Friday, August 7, 3:00 p.m. ;) So, just over a week away...

The wait is torture- I really didn't think it'd be this bad waiting once I knew he was returning. Hopefully he'll do the right thing and play.

Cloudygirl
07-30-2009, 01:00 AM
He just likes keeping us guessing.

PinkFeatherBoa
07-30-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm putting my money on the fact that he will play. ;)

Cloudygirl
07-30-2009, 01:08 AM
we will know by then if WADA are appealing as well.

Gretchen.
07-30-2009, 01:27 AM
:scared: If WADA appeals they should be hated by the whole world, why would they even...ugh just let the boy play in peace, it's not like this Pamela chick going around telling crap isn't enough we still have WADA and their stupid appeal.

But yeah I'm also putting money on Richie playin ;) He likes the Canada Masters, so Allez Richard.

Schu
07-30-2009, 05:35 AM
he'll still have to go and do promo during the first 3 days of the tournament or he gets suspended anyway

Don't guess he'll be doing any promos with Canadian cheerleaders :).

Well about 7-8 more days and we should know if he's playing AND if the WADA decided to be sensible or continue their witch hunt.

Puschkin
07-30-2009, 08:16 AM
The wait is torture- I really didn't think it'd be this bad waiting once I knew he was returning.
Come on guys, let's cool down. ;) This is nothing compared to what we had a month ago. :D

Davodus
07-30-2009, 09:16 AM
definitely

I'm happy that the wait is only going to be until at worst the US open, and not 2011

reggie1
07-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Personally, I'm also in the "tortured and starved" camp :lol: as I can't wait to see him play again. I actually feel a bit starved of tennis in general since Wimbledon and am really looking forward to the next televised tourny.
Jen (Sunnysmydelite) I saw your video of Richie pics on Youtube, it's really great :yeah:

Kournikovaism
07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I actually feel a bit starved of tennis in general since Wimbledon and am really looking forward to the next televised tourny.

I know all those MMs have been so boring. :rolleyes:

Gretchen.
07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Personally, I'm also in the "tortured and starved" camp :lol: as I can't wait to see him play again. I actually feel a bit starved of tennis in general since Wimbledon and am really looking forward to the next televised tourny.
Jen (Sunnysmydelite) I saw your video of Richie pics on Youtube, it's really great :yeah:

Thanks a lot Vicky :)

Honestly what bothers me is seeing players like Del Potro who have such boring games and boring personalities be in the top 5 and on centre court all the time, I feel like Richie should already have been in that position a long time ago,so I'm just looking forward to a new stronger Richie :)

PinkFeatherBoa
07-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Come on guys, let's cool down. ;) This is nothing compared to what we had a month ago. :D

Oh don't worry, I'm perfectly calm. :p Torture was just a bad choice of word. I know this is nothing and I'm really most patient.

marina36
07-30-2009, 10:16 PM
I can't wait to see him again... I hope he will play for Montreal. But if he isn't ready, I can wait 1 week more! :)

whattheheck
08-01-2009, 03:56 AM
If he isn't ready yet, he can play doubles for practice.

~*BGT*~
08-01-2009, 04:16 AM
Preferably with Rafito ;) :p

Kournikovaism
08-01-2009, 04:35 AM
And mixed doubles again at USO. :) :) Bring back Tati :p I miss her :sad:

~*BGT*~
08-01-2009, 07:23 AM
That would be brilliant Paddy! I miss Tati... she's my favorite girl :sobbing:

Kournikovaism
08-01-2009, 03:10 PM
She was like the new Anna K with her outgoing personality, most girls are so dull these days.:rolleyes:

Gretchen.
08-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I loved Tati as well that match she had with Sharapova in 2006 at Miami was great,too bad she had to retire, but yeah her and Richie were so cute when they won RG :awww:

Kournikovaism
08-01-2009, 03:35 PM
OMG that injury looked soooooooo painful. :eek:

:lol: That was ages ago now when they won RG. :p Strange how quick time goes by.

Gretchen.
08-01-2009, 09:07 PM
hehe ;) :awww:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/698/rich2.jpg

Dini
08-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Nadal and richie - what a clash in styles. :p

I love the Wawquet pairing. :awww:

Kournikovaism
08-01-2009, 09:22 PM

Awww :awww:

So cute brings a tear to my eye :lol:

Schu
08-02-2009, 01:44 AM

:awww: how sweet and innocent they both look - the innocence of youth. That was when he played without a care in the world ...

Kournikovaism
08-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Yes and she hadn't become Slutiana or Smokiana then :lol: I love her nicknames. :p

~*BGT*~
08-02-2009, 05:38 AM
Nadal and richie - what a clash in styles. :p

I love the Wawquet pairing. :awww:

Rafard... two cute boys born two weeks apart whom I love and miss. :hearts: :p

Wawaquet :inlove: Now we're talkin' :yeah:

Gretchen.
08-02-2009, 04:05 PM
:awww: how sweet and innocent they both look - the innocence of youth. That was when he played without a care in the world ...

I know he only played for himself, to make himself happy, he didn't have every french paper bashing him left and right even when he wins,or blaming him for every DC tie :sobbing: I miss that Richie, the one who gave Fed a beating and then almost took out Rafa on clay :sad:

Cin
08-02-2009, 08:55 PM
hey girls, will he play Montreal?

Cloudygirl
08-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Still don't know :(

Cin
08-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I think I found the answer

http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/85544/dominguez-gasquet-a-raison-de-prendre-son-temps/v

nab_94
08-02-2009, 09:04 PM
He said maybe he'll be back 1 or 2 weeks before US Open!!

Gretchen.
08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
So he will play Cincy only?

....he always does crap there though, damn it :lol:

Cloudygirl
08-02-2009, 09:11 PM
but if he doesn't play montreal and he isn't injured he will get penalised because his ranking at that time was high enough to make the cut.

Schu
08-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Once again Richie is a mystery. I was unsure about the penalty for missing a 1000s and here's the answer from ATP site:

Q. What if a player is injured and can't play in a Grand Slam or ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament?

A. If eligible to play in one of the Grand Slam or ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments, a player must count the points from these tournaments, even if it is 'a zero pointer' because he missed the event. Just as in Formula One and numerous other sports, if a competitor misses a race or an event, he loses his chances to earn points. Players with direct acceptance who do not play an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament will be suspended from a subsequent ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event which will be the next highest point earned ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event within the next 12 months. If an injured player is on-site within the first three days of a tournament to conduct promotional activities over a two day period, a suspension will not be enforced but a 0-pointer will be counted on a player's ranking.

Which means (I think) as Tori said if he misses Montreal without being injured, he will not be able to play Cincy but if he really didn't want to play Cincy anyway I guess he'll keep his name on the Cincy entry list and have it look like it was a penalty when in fact he really didn't plan to play. I'm no coach and certainly no professional player but I just don't understand why he doesn't play if he's not hurt. So what if he looses first round - at least he gets some match practice which he REALLY needs before USO and he can still train in the US???

A week or two before USO - has he asked for a WC to one of the MM tournies before USO??

Cloudygirl
08-03-2009, 12:47 AM
well I was reading his website and I think that the french posters on his forum were saying they think he is playing Montreal. So now I absolutely have no clue what he is doing.

Schu
08-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Just read, with Google's, help what Cin posted. The pressure on him begins already... He should take his time because he wants to be sure he's playing well because everyone will be looking at him! I really hope that's not what is going thorough his mind!

reggie1
08-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Surely people will have to give him some leeway for godness sakes? He's had all of this stress and so much time off. People are just unrealistic if they expect great things from him straightaway. He's not exactly the sort of person who doesn't give a damn about anything is he? I expect he will be a bundle of nerves at first no matter how relived he is to be playing again.

lisaplenske
08-03-2009, 03:16 PM
I think the same at what was written in that interview given by dominguez.

Richard is right by taking his time before making a come back on the tour. I already said it just after knowing that he s not suspended anymore. Dominguez said it is like richard was injured for a long time but even worse it is a "mental injury" . I think he's not the kind to come back if he doesnt believe he's ready to compete with the other players.
Dont know if he'll come back at Montreal, he will decide at the last minute.
I think the most important is to get ready again. I m sure peyre has a pure program for him, physical program so if he couldnt make it complete well better come back one or two weeks later.
its a choice to make.

Schu
08-03-2009, 04:19 PM
It is a mental injury which is often worse than a physical one but at some point he has to face the public and I would think he would prefer that his debut not be at the USO, but he's the one who knows what works best for him. Bad karma the last 2 years at USO. I'm sure he'll be a bundle of nerves the first few matches he plays but I hope he doesn't have the attitude Dominguez had about everyone looking at him (although it's probably true). I do understand how extremely difficult it must be for him and I just hope everyone gives him a break!

And to add to the mental assault - Any word on if WADA is going to appeal - they have 2-3 more days?

Puschkin
08-04-2009, 06:27 AM
I think the same at what was written in that interview given by dominguez.
Dominguez also says, he has no margin for error. And the pressures starts again. :rolleyes: Why is Richard always singled out for having to be perfect?

I'd love to hear Dominguez talking about Simon's slump (well he did actually, I have to admit, the analysis was to be read on the Gilles-thread), Monfils' eternal injuries and Tsonga's non- existence during the summer instead?

Any word on if WADA is going to appeal - they have 2-3 more days?
My feeling is that we will hear from Richard when this deadline has passed.

And finally, I don't think that Richard will be watched very carefully at the US Open, Unless he draws a star in the early rounds, he will spend his time on the outer courts at the beginning and even the French focus will be on those ranked above him.

Cloudygirl
08-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Dominguez also says, he has no margin for error. And the pressures starts again. :rolleyes: Why is Richard always singled out for having to be perfect?

I'd love to hear Dominguez talking about Simon's slump (well he did actually, I have to admit, the analysis was to be read on the Gilles-thread), Monfils' eternal injuries and Tsonga's non- existence during the summer instead?

My feeling is that we will hear from Richard when this deadline has passed.

And finally, I don't think that Richard will be watched very carefully at the US Open, Unless he draws a star in the early rounds, he will spend his time on the outer courts at the beginning and even the French focus will be on those ranked above him.

the deadline for that appeal is probably tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for him.

~*BGT*~
08-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I noticed this a few days ago: Richie is now the #6 Frenchman behind PHM and Chardy. :help: From #1 to #6 in a year. :tape:

Puschkin
08-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I noticed this a few days ago: Richie is now the #6 Frenchman behind PHM and Chardy. :help: From #1 to #6 in a year. :tape:
At least he won't have to bother with Davis Cup. :p

Getta
08-04-2009, 01:01 PM

Richie not being concerned about DC, puts me in a good mood. :yeah:

Keijan
08-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Richie is the only one who can play acceptable doubles with Jo in all the top french players :p Plus it wouldn't be the first time that Forget doesn't respect the rankings. Besides he might win a few ranks back after the USO !

I want to see him in Maastricht, don't spoil my fun :sobbing:

Puschkin
08-04-2009, 02:14 PM
:wavey:

Keijan
08-04-2009, 02:32 PM
:bigwave: :lol:

~*BGT*~
08-04-2009, 04:31 PM

:lol: :yeah: I like him in his DC suits. :awww:

Richie is the only one who can play acceptable doubles with Jo in all the top french players :p Plus it wouldn't be the first time that Forget doesn't respect the rankings. Besides he might win a few ranks back after the USO !

Richie et Jo FTW! :rocker2:

krn81
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I would love to see him also in doubles with Jo for DC, specially when i go there :p

lisaplenske
08-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Dominguez also says, he has no margin for error. And the pressures starts again. :rolleyes:

dont think he was expecting something big from richard when he said such a thing. The fact he add after that comment that richard has a mental injury which involve more toughness than a simple injury means that he's prudent about richard next results.

Why is Richard always singled out for having to be perfect?

I think the time where the all France was expecting something big from richard is gone, time has passed and the faith quite fade away so no you cant say that people want him some perfection, simply because many things happened for many years now. I think people expecting more from tsonga,monfils or simon than richard actually. And all this drug story made this drop even more. He's the 6th best player right now, dont think any professional specialist like the one of dominguez expecting anything BIG from richard right now nor from the journalist. When he said he has no marge of error it s probably in the richard point of view and expectation towards his come back programme. He's right to be prudent imo cause richard is limited because of the time and also because he had many problems,injuries in his whole career that it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to predict what gonna happen in the next weeks.

Once again there's no bigger focus on richard than the other french top players, dominguez talking about richard ONLY because he was asked by some journalist, RMC is a french radio who talk about all french players.
Hearing and reading some comments about tsonga,monfils and simon I can tell you that they get some harsh crtitics too. Stop with all the richard "journalistic conspiration". He's a tennis professional, he's a man now , if he take critics he has to know how to deal with it without any "overprotection". This time is gone.

Gretchen.
08-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Once again there's no bigger focus on richard than the other french top players, dominguez talking about richard ONLY because he was asked by some journalist, RMC is a french radio who talk about all french players.
Hearing and reading some comments about tsonga,monfils and simon I can tell you that they get some harsh crtitics too. Stop with all the richard "journalistic conspiration". He's a tennis professional, he's a man now , if he take critics he has to know how to deal with it without any "overprotection". This time is gone.

Even though I agree, yes he should be able to take the criticism now that he isn't 9 years old anymore but at the same time he does get picked on a lot.He gets blamed for most DC ties, even when he wins a match I've seen people talk about what he did wrong and how this still isn't enough.It's the French's fault for having so many expectations on Richard because he isn't a perfect player, he has many flaws in his game and they seem to keep making it look like he is a perfect player and is just lazy or not motivated enough which I don't think is the reason.Richard is capable of playing great tennis but being bashed left and right damages his way of thinking on a court and is not helpful at all in him succeeding.In a way he is being picked on more than the other Frenchies and it isn't fair but he does need to find a way to deal with that and take the pressure not let it get him down.

lisaplenske
08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
ok but all the DC critics, bad episodes he lived are behind him now. He will never prevent people to think ,talk about him and yes criticize him cause he's a tennis professionnal player.
Every player lives that, Mauresmo was bashed MUCH MORE for so many years for not having won a slam despite all her talent. They were more harsh with her and she's a woman with more "intense emotions" than the men.
She had to live in that horrible atmosphere of BIG EXPECTATIONS.
Richard is not alone anymore,is not the french n°1 anymore, people not expecting that much anymore so he has to take it in a more positive way by not paying attention of what is said or written about him. HE HAS TO FACE IT AND THINK ABOUT HIM, NOT ABOUT WHAT IS SAID .
I hope this 2 years ban threat will make him stronger and more mature.

The only way for him to be in peace with himself and with the others who will judge him, is to face and assume himself. Say FUCK to the haters and make his own road. He works for him and for anybody else.

Gretchen.
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah I know poor Amelie even now when she has 2 grandslams they still go at her, but it does show how much a country's expectations can ruin a player.I would love for him to go out on court and think 'I'm gonna play for myself and win or lose I don't care what people will think' but I still think that there is doubts in his mind of him never being good enough for France and it's sad cause he's a great tennis player and a great person from what we've seen and he deserves every bit of success that he will get in his career.I'm really hoping he comes back with a new mind set and thinks of only positives after a match and is happy with himself.

Gretchen.
08-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Errrmmm honestly when will this end? :mad: :sad:

Cocaine kisses could come back to bite Richard Gasquet and ITF
Richard Gasquet is waiting on the results of a police investigation that could have a major impact on the tennis authorities' decision last month to give him a reduced drugs ban.

An independent tribunal set up by the International Tennis Federation gave Gasquet a much reduced two-month-and-15-day ban after he tested positive for cocaine. The ITF accepted his claim that he had "inadvertently" taken on the drug when kissing at length a woman, identified only as "Pamela", in a nightclub.

Alongside his defence to the ITF Gasquet also complained to police, claiming he had been "administered a noxious substance" unknowingly. Police followed up the complaint, taking hair samples from "Pamela" in June for independent testing at a laboratory.

Although the test results have yet to be returned, that did not prevent the ITF from concluding that: "On the balance of probability [Gasquet was] contaminated with cocaine by Pamela."

"Pamela" has now brought a legal complaint of her own against Gasquet, claiming she has been defamed by the former world No7's description of her in the ITF hearing through which she believes she was easily identified. "My client has been dragged through the mud," said her lawyer, Yassine Bouzrou. "She has become an alibi."

"Pamela" says she did not take cocaine and adds that, when negative tests are returned from the laboratory, as she maintains they will be, she reserves the right to pursue the ITF for what she perceives as complicity in the alleged defamation.

Source- http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/aug/05/tennis-richard-gasquet-drugs-ban

Cloudygirl
08-05-2009, 01:08 AM
well wada have 3 weeks from receipt of the written judgment to appeal so the deadline for that is probably tomorrow or thursday. The rest of it is going to take a long time to go away though.

~*BGT*~
08-05-2009, 04:20 AM
Please leave him alone :sobbing:

Puschkin
08-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Stop with all the richard "journalistic conspiration". He's a tennis professional, he's a man now, if he take critics he has to know how to deal with it without any "overprotection".
I am not overprotecting him and I totally agree with you that he should liberate himself from other peoples' expectations, but I can't stop pointing out things when I see them. The fact that Mauresmo had to suffer the same or even worse, is no argument. Very likely, the harsh treatment she got prevented her from having an even better career. No need to make the same error twice.

But the French media are not the only ones at flaw in this respect, I am convinced that Tim Henman would have won Wimbledon at least once, had it not been for the pressure put on him by the British media.

In a way he is being picked on more than the other Frenchies.
That's exactly what I think too, you just have to compare the echo of his matches against those of other players. I have no precise stats, but when Richard loses a match you always have a huge number of people commenting eg on the L'Equipe website,compared to that Simon and even Tsonga get rather little attention.

Cloudygirl
08-05-2009, 07:14 AM
http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2009/08/04/sports/doc4a78f259e9eb2425497063.txt

Puschkin
08-05-2009, 07:17 AM
http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2009/08/04/sports/doc4a78f259e9eb2425497063.txt

Thank you. Interesting, Richie asking for a wildcard in New Haven. :eek: I wonder what this means. :confused:

Cloudygirl
08-05-2009, 07:20 AM
well I'm hoping it means more practice for USO I will be really fed up if it means he isn't playing until then.

lisaplenske
08-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Thank you. Interesting, Richie asking for a wildcard in New Haven. :eek: I wonder what this means. :confused:

dont know how to say in english but in french that is " une porte de sortie", that means he prepares from now for every scenario possible in the next weeks.
Perhaps he s not gonna play montreal so it will remain cincy and... New heaven. Since he doesnt know what results he'll get,how many match he'll play he prefer to "assure " a security by asking a wc there. The field is less strong.
I think its a good thing.He needs match practice.

Gretchen.
08-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Well seeing as he wants to come back 1-2 weeks before US Open, Montreal is looking very doubtable now but hopefully he does also play Cincy cause New Haven might not have such a strong field but Richie is just coming back so he can lose to anybody.

Btw any frenchies know when the next episode of the documentary will be out?

PinkFeatherBoa
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info on New Haven entry, Tori, have added it to his possible hardcourt schedule in the other thread.

The more match practise the better, so a good choice.

Schu
08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Just keep us guessing RIchie! If I understand the new ATP rules correctly (and I could well be wrong), if he elects not to play Montreal he is penalized and can't play Cincy so New Haven would be his only chance to practice before USO :shrug: So I still wonder about Montreal but it looks doubtful cuz if he was going, he probably should be going there real soon - anyone spot him on an airplane:)

Cloudygirl
08-05-2009, 07:53 PM
When is the draw announced for Montreal?

Gretchen.
08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
When is the draw announced for Montreal?

This Friday.

Cloudygirl
08-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the info hon. I guess we will know for certain then.

tennis lover
08-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Just keep us guessing RIchie! If I understand the new ATP rules correctly (and I could well be wrong), if he elects not to play Montreal he is penalized and can't play Cincy so New Haven would be his only chance to practice before USO :shrug: So I still wonder about Montreal but it looks doubtful cuz if he was going, he probably should be going there real soon - anyone spot him on an airplane:)
I don't think that's how it works. I think they miss the tournament that they have the most points in from the previous 12 months, otherwise players could, for instance, miss all the clay court masters if they wanted without it being an issue. But if they have to miss their highest scoring MS, it's more of a punishment (if you get what I mean :) )

Schu
08-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't think that's how it works. I think they miss the tournament that they have the most points in from the previous 12 months, otherwise players could, for instance, miss all the clay court masters if they wanted without it being an issue. But if they have to miss their highest scoring MS, it's more of a punishment (if you get what I mean :) )

That makes more sense - at least from a penalty point of view - never could decipher ATP rules too well. Thanks.

PinkFeatherBoa
08-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Yeah, so any penalty would be next year. He doesn't really have any successful Masters results so far this year, so I'm not sure that it would have much affect currently. ;)

Going forward into 2010 with that penalty of 1 fewer Masters counting would suck though but even if he doesn't play Montreal I'm sure he'll find a way round it, like all the other players seem to have managed so far. After all, the ATP really like to have their "star" players present at these 'big 1000's', so they'll always be reluctant to dole out that penalty.

Let's stop making this a discussion though Richard and just play in Montreal, please. ;)

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't think that's how it works. I think they miss the tournament that they have the most points in from the previous 12 months, otherwise players could, for instance, miss all the clay court masters if they wanted without it being an issue. But if they have to miss their highest scoring MS, it's more of a punishment-
It is a pity that players can't chose the tournament they are going to miss. In that case, I'd have a recommendation: Miami. :devil:

marina36
08-06-2009, 09:57 AM
I think Richard won't play Montreal...
Saturday, he'll go to the football match PSG/Montpellier. :rolleyes:

http://www.psgteam.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6062&Itemid=51

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I think Richard won't play Montreal...
Saturday, he'll go to the football match PSG/Montpellier. :rolleyes:
The article doesn't say he will go, it says he was invited. But I agree with you, it looks bad for Montreal. Priorities? :o

:topic: Will Richard stay loyal to his beloved PSG or will he switch back to the roots? :haha:

Edit: for those who are not that familiar with French geography, Montpellier is the "capital" of the French district Hérault, where also Béziers is located where Richard was born and lived as kid.

marina36
08-06-2009, 10:36 AM
The article doesn't say he will go, it says he was invited. But I agree with you, it looks bad for Montreal. Priorities? :o

:topic: Will Richard stay loyal to his beloved PSG or will he switch back to the roots? :haha:

:lol:
Yes, he is invited... Maybe he won't go to this football match... :scratch:
We will know tomorrow!

I hope he will play in Cincinnati at least... we miss him.. ;)

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Posted by ole77 on rgnet
http://www.richardgasquet.net/V3/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2223&start=45

Petit article dans l'Equipe d'aujourd hui :
"Gasquet s échauffe "
"Dans le cadre de sa reprise progressive , Richard Gasquet vient de s'entrainer quelques jours à Aix-en-Provence sur les terres de son ancien entraineur Eric Deblicker , qui avait été de nouveau associé au projet du joueur avant que ce denier ne soit rattrapé par un controle positif à la cocaine.Condamné à une suspension de deux mois et demi qui a pris fin le 15 juillet dernier , le francais , qui se prépare physiquement avec Nicolas Perrotte , est toujours inscrit au tournoi de Montréal qui démarre la semaine prochaine . Mais il semblerait surprenant que le Biterrois, désormais 37 mondial, entame son grand retour au Canada ."

This raises more questions than it gives answers, from today's L'Equipe. Rough summary:

Gasquet- warming up

Richard training with Deblicker on his premisses in Aix-en Provence (great place :D) and working physically with Perotte. Still registered for Montreal (!), it would still be a great surprise if he took to the courts there.

No mention of Peyre and Aix-Montpellier is not that far, for the football match. :rolleyes:

marina36
08-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks Puschkin...
But we don't know still when he will play!

I think it will be Cincinnati but I hope Montreal... ;)

Puschkin
08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
A just had a pm exchange with smucav, the person posting the official lists on the tournament threads, so far, Richard is in for Montreal, of course that does not say anything, but that the information given on the tournament website is wrong. Happy speculating for one more day! ;)

Davodus
08-06-2009, 05:13 PM
well, it now says on the entry list posted in the Montreal thread that he is out (Thanks to Lauren for finding ;) ) so does this mean he has officially pulled out now?

Jozie
08-06-2009, 05:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=4381060

Not good news i'm afraid....

scmom
08-06-2009, 05:26 PM
damn it - just when it looked like he was going to get back on track
the stupid ITF and their appeal

this just sucks

Jozie
08-06-2009, 05:31 PM
damn it - just when it looked like he was going to get back on track
the stupid ITF and their appeal

this just sucks

Yes, I wonder when the appeal was made. :confused:

Things have been strangely quiet with regards to Richie's comeback. :sad:

Schu
08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
CRAP! I thought he was in the clear - nice of them to wait till the last day. HOw the hell is he supposed to play with this hanging over his head! Guess that's part of the mystery why he's not in Montreal - time to regroup AGAIN!

Any idea how long it will take for a decision on the appeal? Why doesn't the ITF/WADA spend their time trying to catch players who really do cheat!

Wonder what P___ has to say about this?

Davodus
08-06-2009, 05:37 PM
:shout:

are they kidding me? Stupid ITF, what a bloody joke. Now I'm annoyed

Schu
08-06-2009, 05:56 PM
We can only hope the tribunal has the same good judgement they had the first time. Wonder if the tribunal for the appeal is composed of the same people?

I'm so pissed - I'm sending the the ITF anti-doping department an e-mail asking them if they out of their F _ _ _ing mind. Guess I'll wait till I cool off a bit but they are gonna hear it, I'm sure it will get tossed but it will at lteast make me feel better.

Jozie
08-06-2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/85861/gasquet-forfait-pour-montreal/

So Richard officially withdrew due to lack of physical preparation. And now with the appeal by the ITF, I wonder what impact this will have on his preparation for US Open?

The nightmare continues... for Richard and fans alike :(

timafi
08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
they better bloody let him play:mad:

Cloudygirl
08-06-2009, 08:01 PM
They can't ban him pending an appeal. I wonder when the appeal would be held.

Vlad1980
08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/85861/gasquet-forfait-pour-montreal/

So Richard officially withdrew due to lack of physical preparation. And now with the appeal by the ITF, I wonder what impact this will have on his preparation for US Open?

The nightmare continues... for Richard and fans alike :(

Lack of physical preparation? He had like 4 weeks after the decision was made.... So, did he get out of shape so much that he needs more time? Something is not right. Even if he isn't 100%, why couldn't he still play and at least he would know what he needs to work on.

Gretchen.
08-06-2009, 08:18 PM
NOOOO!

He will be at US Open whether I have to go personally to France and drag him there, and as for the ITF who the hell waits for the last day?? Ugh morons, seriously does Richie really look like someone who will take coke to try and cheat his way to a title?? :mad: The ITF are brainless ducks who need to back off!

And as for Montreal, I don't think the real reason is that he isn't physically ready, he is still probably very mentally damaged from all this, so that we can let slide.