Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!! [Archive] - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

reggie1
07-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Oh I'm really glad that Lagardere is sticking by him, when I stuck that article into Google translate I thought the tone was a bit critical but we all know what Google translate can do!

Cloudygirl
07-06-2009, 08:20 PM
He definitely needs better taste in women.

Moving on, I'm glad about Lagardere too. I bet Richie has learned who his true friends are in the past couple of months.

scmom
07-06-2009, 11:58 PM
so - I take it we are still waiting for the verdict of the tribunal
does seem that if they had all ready made up their minds - they could have just given Richard the verdict that day
dare we take this delay as a good sign?

I would hope that Richard does make a few changes - at least where Miami is concerned . I am 100% certain he will never go clubbing there again . And hopefully he will make better choices in female
companions in the future . Let 's see - we know of the Romanian strippers , the girl who posts here who claims to have had a liaison , and this Pamela . And then there is my daughter . I would say - of the four - he made at least one good choice :)
But then, I am a bit prejudiced . She is a bit of a party girl - but not so much that she was running off to his hotel room - at least I hope not . And that fact did not seem to deter Richard one bit - he was very attentive in the time he was not working .
I do think a steady girlfriend would be a good thing for him but , as I know how young men of this age operate - I have a son his age , too - he just may not be ready for that . I know my son isn't . Any hint of commitment or what he calls "clinginess" and he is very uncomfortable . He sure has been known to "date " some girls you cannot bring home to mother
I have seen a few photos - hopefully , it is just a phase that they both will grow out of

EternalxJourney
07-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Actually I heard him on C+ and he was saying both : that Richie was entering a new part of his life and that he'll probably need to make some changes including in his personal life (but it wasn't meant in a "threatening" way, it sounded more like Richard told him so and he was agreeing or something), and also that he sent him a text saying he was rooting for Roddick in the player's box for this time, but that he knows there will come a time where he'll be rooting from Richie's player's box in a Wimbledon final, because there is no way it doesn't happen one day.

I was kind of surprised because I always saw him as a very cold and nearly crooked (word?) businessman but he was being very sincere, emotional and fully supportive of Richie, defending him all the way (he was the one who wanted to talk about Richie, nobody asked him any question about him so he could have avoided the subject if he wanted to). They're probably more in a friendly relationship than in a patron/player one. I don't think it's just about money between them, and that's good to know :)

Couldn't agree more. RICHIE, COMEE BAAAAAAACKK!! Sorry I'm really desperate to know the result of the hearing. It's been ages since I last saw him play a live match. Blahh.

my0118
07-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Couldn't agree more. RICHIE, COMEE BAAAAAAACKK!! Sorry I'm really desperate to know the result of the hearing. It's been ages since I last saw him play a live match. Blahh.

When will he be able to play again?? :scratch:

tufani
07-07-2009, 08:39 AM
When will he be able to play again?? :scratch:

Nobody knows that yet. The result of the hearing will be out this week.

Davodus
07-07-2009, 09:48 AM
i'm getting nervous waiting for the result :shout:

but-it's-ok
07-07-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm nervous for him and for all of you here:scared:

Waiting for any verdict is sooooo stressful:(:(

duong
07-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I heard this interview by Lagardere on TV.

Well it was a bit negative in the way that he said something like there will be a suspension anyway, that he enters a "new life" (which I also interpret as the fact that they expect a one-year suspension at least).

and that he said that Gasquet needed to make some changes in his life, including personal life

... and I don't think he needed to say that on TV in the current context :shrug:

Lagardere has never been a cold businessman with no feelings : he is not a cold person... but he stays definitely a businessman.

Why was he in the player's box with Roddick the other day ? Not because he is a close friend of Roddick's :rolleyes:

but because :

1. Lagardere is a true tennis fan

2. so far, Roddick is the only player in Lagardere's team who has some success ... and LAgardere wants to have some success.

Yes he has a more friendly relationship with Gasquet.

But Gasquet is also an investment for him.

He knows so far his investment in tennis has not been successful ... but he wants some success, and he will not give up Gasquet also because he still believes he can have some success.

But he didn't need to say that Gasquet had to change things in his personal life, imo it was not necessary.

Then I'm not so happy about that interview ... and more importantly he didn't give me the impression to be very optimistic about the case.

He said that they would wait for the verdict, and see if they should appeal.

Puschkin
07-07-2009, 07:34 PM
and he will not give up Gasquet also because he still believes he can have some success.
That alone is already much more than many others do. But we don't have to reopen this debate we had in pms.

He said that they would wait for the verdict, and see if they should appeal.
What else should he say in public? Any hint in any direction would offer the gate to all kind of speculation.

Schu
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
2. so far, Roddick is the only player in Lagardere's team who has some success ... and LAgardere wants to have some success..

Nothing wrong with wanting success and it is true that SO FAR Roddick has been more successful than Richard but he did say he expected to be in Richard's box someday as well. He didnn't have to send RIchard the SMS but he did because he apparently felt that seeing him in Roddick's box would hurt Richard.

He knows so far his investment in tennis has not been successful ... but he wants some success, and he will not give up Gasquet also because he still believes he can have some success.

Would it be better if he dumped Richard? good thing he's not giving up on him, especially now even it were just to protect his investment which I don't think it is.

Cloudygirl
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't think it is either. If he was going to bail on him, he has had ample time and excuse to do it with this cocaine scandal and he hasn't.

whattheheck
07-08-2009, 11:34 AM
I miss watching Richie

duong
07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
On radio on monday, Lagardere said that the decision should arrive around wednesday next week (he said around 10 days after the interview),

and that they wait for a figure : 3 months, 6 months, one year or 2 years.

He said that Richard feels very very bad now, which is the hardest period (waiting), and that he hopes the lowest sanction because that's "what he would deserve".

Source : http://www.welovetennis.fr/richard-gasquet/13257-lagardere-richard-est-un-peu-au-fond-du-trou

my0118
07-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Why was he in the player's box with Roddick the other day ? Not because he is a close friend of Roddick's :rolleyes:

You mean he was in the Roddick's box during the Wimby final?
I never saw him, well I was being so focused on Roddick's wife maybe.

duong
07-08-2009, 04:05 PM
You mean he was in the Roddick's box during the Wimby final?
I never saw him, well I was being so focused on Roddick's wife maybe.

yes (less pleasant than Mrs Roddick certainly)

Keijan
07-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Richie asked for a WC at the Masters France :D:D:D It's an exhibition tournament (which means he can play even if he suspended because the suspension is only about the atp tournaments) which takes place in Toulouse from 17th to 20th December 2009. Last year it was won by Gilles Simon but there was like nobody in it :lol: it's supposed to be a small end of year Masters, but only concerning the 8 French players who did well at the French atp tournaments (Roland Garros excepted.) He's definitely not giving up on tennis :)

Schu
07-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the news, good to hear he's thinking about playing! Was this the same one that last year (or was it like in February of this year?) that he asked for a WC and then had to withdraw because of his shoulder?

Cin
07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
because his performance was not that good in the 9 Masters during last year~~

Schu
07-08-2009, 05:59 PM
because his performance was not that good in the 9 Masters during last year~~

I know, it's hard to believe he was that far behind last year. Well it's a fresh start for him - WHENEVER he gets back on the court.

case
07-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Richie asked for a WC at the Masters France :D:D:D It's an exhibition tournament (which means he can play even if he suspended because the suspension is only about the atp tournaments) which takes place in Toulouse from 17th to 20th December 2009. Last year it was won by Gilles Simon but there was like nobody in it :lol: it's supposed to be a small end of year Masters, but only concerning the 8 French players who did well at the French atp tournaments (Roland Garros excepted.) He's definitely not giving up on tennis :)

at first i was excited about this, then i thought does this mean he knows he wont be playing anywhere else

no word today either from wada , i thought they had until the 11th?
now it is by next wednesday:rolleyes:
maybe this means they are actually know that they are jerks and need a way out. boonen doesnt help
probably just my wishful thinking

Cloudygirl
07-08-2009, 07:13 PM
http://www.welovetennis.fr/richard-gasquet/13268-pamela-reagit

I don't really understand what this article is saying. Is it just saying that she refutes the allegations and denies taking any cocaine at all that evening? My translation skills are rubbish.

Keijan
07-08-2009, 07:20 PM
It means exactly that. I think they're implying that she will engage in a law course against Richie if he keeps accusing her of having taken coke that night. She's also calling him a liar because it seems he mentions her giving an interview to a newspaper and said interview never existed :o (but I thought I had read it actually :scratch: maybe they mean that the journalists made up that interview.)

About the Masters France, sure it's not a real tournament, but I don't think it means Richie thinks he's not going to be able to play until December ;) I think it's very heartwarming to see that he's eager of playing and asks for a WC so early in the season :)

And Schu, yes, I think it was that one where he withdrew because of the shoulder (it was the same problem than in Bercy, no ?)

Cloudygirl
07-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks Marion. Sometimes i read things and I'm really not sure I've understood them correctly, so it's best just to ask ;)

The wild card is a good plan either way I guess because even if he is playing again he isn't going to be playing in December and he will need to play as much as possible to make up for lost time.

Keijan
07-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Have faith in your skills ;) French isn't that hard :lol:

Exactly, it's not like this exhibition would mean not playing another tournament as it happens the first week of the off-season :) (actually, just after the DC final but :o)

PinkFeatherBoa
07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I like the news, at least it's some "guaranteed" Richie tennis to look forward to. :)

Cloudygirl
07-08-2009, 08:09 PM
So how do we get tickets ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
:lol: I am already there.

;)

Puschkin
07-08-2009, 08:38 PM
She's also calling him a liar because it seems he mentions her giving an interview to a newspaper and said interview never existed :o (but I thought I had read it actually :scratch: ?
Somebody on rgnet also referred to it on 6 June.

Keijan
07-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes I think it does exist, but maybe she's saying that the journalists completely made up her answers and she never spoke to them :shrug: it sounds a lot like she did what she could to help Richard at the time and without thinking of the consequences it would have for her, and now her lawers are trying to find a way out of it. It's a pretty pathetic defense. Just assume what you did ! Anyway I think it will be easy for the journalists to proove that the interview was really from her and then she won't have anything left.

I have no idea about the tickets :lol: they're probably not on sale yet, but you should probably keep an eye on the French Federation website, Tori.

krn81
07-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I also remember that I rode this article.
But maybe i miss a point, did he say clearly that she took cocaine? I dont remember, he was just sugesting that these kisses could a reason and he wanted a face to face because he has some questions for her and what she told him when he met her in the restaurant she worked, he did not accuse her directly; Ok just between lines but this is due to our interpretation.

Anyway it is more than a week that he did this itw to le parisien and more than a month we know about this kiss story, it is not late to say "btw the article of 6th of june is a fake" :rolleyes::o

krn81
07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Tori, about the tickets, you can buy them here:
http://www.mastersfrance.com/billetterie.html

But it looks they are not on sale yet ;)

Tess Gray
07-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Guys about the tickets, as far as I know they're not on sale yet. I've been checking the dutch website for tickets, but they're not for sale yet :sad: So patience is the key I guess.

About Pamela, I can sort of understand that she wants to clear her own name, but on the otherhand, someone's career is on the line here. So if she did take cocaine, it would be so cruel for Richie is she decides that she's going to stick to her own story and not tell the struth. IF she took it of course ;) If she didn't, I feel sorry for her that she's being accused of taking it:lol:

duong
07-09-2009, 09:18 AM
I also remember that I rode this article.
But maybe i miss a point, did he say clearly that she took cocaine? I dont remember, he was just sugesting that these kisses could a reason and he wanted a face to face because he has some questions for her and what she told him when he met her in the restaurant she worked, he did not accuse her directly; Ok just between lines but this is due to our interpretation.

Gasquet never said that she took cocaine. He said he didn't know even if he seemed to think it might be the reason.

duong
07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
About Pamela's answer I think Keijan didn't understand : she just denies everything the journalists have said ... either for or against her :lol: :

- the interview she denies was not in the radio (RMC) who "accuses her" here : it's in another newspaper (Aujourd'hui Sport) ... and in that interview in "Aujourd'hui sport" she was just supposed to have said that ... she hadn't taken cocain !! She denies having said that to Aujourd'hui Sport ... or more precisely she denies having given an "interview" (actually the radio had said that she had just spoken a little bit with a journalist without any formal preparation for an "interview").

- she also denies what the radio said : that she had taken cocain :rolleyes: ... the radio said that not according to her but according to a witness who was in that club that night.

She doesn't call Gasquet a liar since he never said that she had taken cocain : she just denies EVERYTHING the journalists have said, either for or against her.

it sounds a lot like she did what she could to help Richard at the time and without thinking of the consequences it would have for her, and now her lawers are trying to find a way out of it.

:haha: :haha:

when did she try to help Richard ?

Never !! it's only Richard who said that when he came to meet her with his agent, she proposed to make a false statement that she had taken cocain, but she never did anything in reality.

It's a pretty pathetic defense. .

She doesn't risk anything then I don't understand what kind of defense it would be. There is absolutely no charge against her !!

Only a matter of image : : she doesn't want to be considered in public as the person because of whom Gasquet was suspended for 2 years.

But there is absolutely no charge against her so far.

The only "charges" are from the journalists, not from the police or justice.

The "charge" is not even that she took cocain : it's not a "terrible charge" for a simple person, not a sportsman, to take cocain, and especially for someone living in the background where she lives where cocain is just so common !

No the whole thing is about her "image" it's just a matter of image ... but my god apart from that, she risks absolutely nothing !!

reggie1
07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Also, doesn't she already have a boyfriend? Didn't she say that her and Richard hardly kissed when Richard said that they did?:scratch: Will anybody from WADA interview her? Although, I suppose that would only depend on if they "bought" the kissing theory perhaps? I just think if she does already have a boyfriend whom she wants to keep, she will try to play the whole thing down which doesn't exactly help Richard :o

duong
07-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Will anybody from WADA interview her?

no.

The police might do it for their investigation but anyway she doesn't risk anything from justice if she just took cocain :rolleyes:

Schu
07-09-2009, 04:16 PM
The sad part about this whole Pamela thing is why anyone but RIchard, his lawyers and perhaps those at the club even know she exists. Maybe if her story wasn't in papers and on the web EVERYWHERE the truth would have already come out. But now Richard MIGHT be screwed and Pamela has a reputation issue, whether she took it or not she'll be suspect.

Keijan
07-09-2009, 07:57 PM
:haha: :haha:

when did she try to help Richard ? Never!!

I believe I had understood perfectly well, thank you, considering I'm as french as you. I don't think she has only her "image" to lose, because if it gets prooved that she's a regular cocaine taker, do you really think her boss won't fired her ? I don't believe that having her name next to coke everywhere in the newspapers is going to help her career, whatever she wants to do. So she has a lot more than you think to lose, therefore a strong will to protect it. Plus taking cocain is still considered as a crime as far as I know, it's not yet on the same list as coca cola, or am I mistaken ? Miami might be the temple of vices, but they still have a police, who will most definitely try to learn more about that coke turning around in those beautiful and rich parties by asking Pamela, even if they don't arrest her, and keep her in their little papers, especially since she's never rich nor famous. Because of course everyone knows about it, but who can proove it ? Maybe we could stop acting too blasé and still keep a little faith in justice. Or maybe I'm being desperately naive and I just have to dig a hole and bury myself in it to escape this sad, sad world.

I'm saying her defense is pathetic because she's coming back on stuff she said to protect herself and I'm saying she was trying to help Richard at first, because she kindly admitted she was kissing him (even if it meant a big fight with her boyfriend), and answered all the questions he asked her without thinking of all the consequences that would be drawn (like her taking coke.) If she had seen her lawyers before Richard came to talk to her, she would probably haven't said anything. Now that she can't take it back, the lawyers are doing their best to save the furniture, it's obvious to me.

She calls indirectly Gasquet a liar, as she said she never gave an interview to Aujourd'hui Sport, while Richie said exactly the contrary and quotes that interview. If she's not implying he's lying, I don't know how you call that.

You don't have to be unpleasant and condescending while stating your opinion, duong. We're not on WLT here, where mocking the other posters is of common use to get your ideas through, so please remember that.
Tout le reste que tu prétends que je n'ai pas compris, je l'avais mentionné exactement dans ce même post que tu cites.

Eimear O'Mahony
07-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry Marion I just had to respond to your comment saying you don't have to be unplesant and condescending ... you have been unpleasant and condescending to me on a number of occassions on this forum. I don't have time to trawl through the archives to find the posts but you know what I'm talking about so its a bit hypocritical of you to criticise another duong who, imo, wasn't condescending at all and has actually been the most sensible of posters regarding this whole thing

duong
07-09-2009, 09:00 PM
You don't have to be unpleasant and condescending while stating your opinion, duong.

I'm sorry if you had this impression :worship:

My post was not at all against you even if you had that impression just because I mentioned your name, but because you had made the translation for non-French speakers, I had to say it was not what was written, it was more an interpretation from you than what was actually written, that's what I think :shrug:

For the rest, I said what I had to say about the topic itself.

I really don't think there's any problem for Pamela about her job, as in her job many people take cocain.

And the police investigation is in France, not in the USA, and not at all about drug consumption.

I'm deeply sorry if I disturb you here as it seems I did on WLT :shrug:

She calls indirectly Gasquet a liar, as she said she never gave an interview to Aujourd'hui Sport, while Richie said exactly the contrary and quotes that interview. If she's not implying he's lying, I don't know how you call that.

Actually Gasquet just quoted what was in the newspaper "Aujourd'hui sport".
And indeed it was in that newspaper.

She just denies that what was in the newspaper was her words : she cannot deny that it was actually written in the newspaper !

And Gasquet just quoted the newspaper : he didn't lie, he just believed the newspaper.

Eimear O'Mahony
07-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Well I think you do a great job translating duong and all your work is much appreciated :D

Cloudygirl
07-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Can we try not to let this thread descend into an airing of personal issues. This thread should be about supporting Richard.

Keijan
07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry Marion I just had to respond to your comment saying you don't have to be unplesant and condescending ... you have been unpleasant and condescending to me on a number of occassions on this forum. I don't have time to trawl through the archives to find the posts but you know what I'm talking about so its a bit hypocritical of you to criticise another duong who, imo, wasn't condescending at all and has actually been the most sensible of posters regarding this whole thing

Eimear, why don't you start by replying to the posts that are directly addressed to you in the Gasket Blowers thread, before jumping at my throat in all of the others. I'm sure duong doesn't need you to defend himself. If you're just dying to find anyone who dislikes me so you can share your issues with me with them, then I suggest you take a step back to consider it, because it's seriously sick. If you have a personal issue to deal with me, I'll be happy to sort it out with you by pms, but please stop to flood the threads with this kind of messages which don't bring anything to anyone here. For myself, I won't be replying anymore to your provocating posts, unless they actually bring any kind of valuable information to the current conversation, which is what you failed to do since about as long as I can remember.

I'm sorry if you had this impression

I was indeed under this impression, so I'm sorry if it wasn't accurate, I'm a bit sensitive and on nerves with all the Montcourt story and all the disgusting comments on WLT, so stuff that I would usually just forget about are a bit harder to take atm. (Actually I think I mistook you with someone else on WLT and I don't think you've been posting hurtful comments there, so I'm sorry for that too, and this also explains why I was reacting like that).

I thought I had mentionned it was my interpretation when I said she was implying he was a liar, but you're right to point it again since it might hadn't been clear enough.

Actually Gasquet just quoted what was in the newspaper "Aujourd'hui sport".
And indeed it was in that newspaper.

She just denies that what was in the newspaper was her words : she cannot deny that it was actually written in the newspaper !

And Gasquet just quoted the newspaper : he didn't lie, he just believed the newspaper.

We could go on and on about this for hours :p part of it is exactly what I was saying : she's denying that she talked to the newspaper, so she's implying that they made up her interview. Right :lol: What I meant when I said it will be easy for the journalists to proove they're saying the truth is that they probably recorded the conversation with an audio stuff or they can find a witness to proove they actually went to see her, if they saw her of course ! (But do you think that Aujourd'hui Sport could be faking that itw ? I don't read this paper a lot but I never heard of any polemics around it, it seems serious :shrug:)

But okay, you're right in saying he can't be a liar, because ever way he just believed what the paper said, whether it was true or not :p small difference but indeed it exists so let's be rigourus. (not that I ever said he was one, I just said that was what she was implying.)

Do we agree now ? ;)

(Sorry, Tori :/)

emilie
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I think she meant that she gave an interview to the Parisien and not Aujourd'hui sport, that's all.

duong
07-09-2009, 10:35 PM
But do you think that Aujourd'hui Sport could be faking that itw ? I don't read this paper a lot but I never heard of any polemics around it, it seems serious :shrug:)

it's always possible, but I don't think so :

what I think is that it was what RMC described as "une interview au débotté sur son lieu de travail, à proximité de collègues", which means that it was not a very "formal" interview, giving her time to prepare for that.

I think that's what she means about "she didn't give an interview".

She means it was not an interview with the formalism or preparation she would expect from an interview.

Anyway, to say the truth, I had seen this article from Welovetennis, but didn't want to post it here, as I thought that what Pamela said here was not really interesting : she just denies and denies everything, but it clearly looks as "basic defensive words" without any information.

I think from the beginning it seems quite clear to me that Pamela has nothing interesting to say ... and above all will not say it honestly.

But of course, as Welovetennis has chosen to attack Gasquet and protect that "poor woman", they took great care about that.

Once again : she risks absolutely nothing apart from a matter of image, then presenting her as a "poor woman" as WLT does is just ... like WLT writers, mean and petty, aiming at charging someone they don't like (Gasquet) and even more praising their previous articles and version of facts (by the way, I've cancelled my pseudo from WLT : I will not write anymore on this website)

Keijan
07-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Anyway, to say the truth, I had seen this article from Welovetennis, but didn't want to post it here, as I thought that what Pamela said here was not really interesting : she just denies and denies everything, but it clearly looks as "basic defensive words" without any information

:lol: that's funny, because I posted it here in the aim of showing that her defense was basic (and imo stupid and easily breakable) and that I didn't think Richard wouldn't have much to fear from her. Once again I wasn't clear enough I think !

Once again : she risks absolutely nothing apart from a matter of image, then presenting her as a "poor woman" as WLT does is just ... like WLT writers, mean and petty, aiming at charging someone they don't like (Gasquet) and even more praising their previous articles and version of facts (by the way, I've cancelled my pseudo from WLT : I will not write anymore on this website)

I always try to take great care when I read WLT because they're just so opiniated, to the point of altering reality just so it can fit what they previously wrote. It seems I wasn't careful enough :lol:
(Tu vas me haïr mais je t'ai confondu avec Kevin pendant quelques instants :hide: la vérité est rétablie !)
(I hope you haven't been going there for the last days, because I have been and the comments under Mathieu's death annoucement were the most horrible thing : one out of two is mentionning doping and stuff like "serves him well", ça m'a retourné le cerveau pendant des heures. Since then I'm avoiding it.)

Cloudygirl
07-09-2009, 11:05 PM
(I hope you haven't been going there for the last days, because I have been and the comments under Mathieu's death annoucement were the most horrible thing : one out of two is mentionning doping and stuff like "serves him well", ça m'a retourné le cerveau pendant des heures. Since then I'm avoiding it.)

That is actually pretty sick. The guy is dead they should just leave him alone. Even if he was doping, which I'm sure he wasn't, noone deserves to die at the age of 24. What is wrong with people, pointing the finger when he can't defend himself is just nasty. I don't blame you for avoiding it.

Poor Mathieu. :(

Eimear O'Mahony
07-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Talking of Matthieu Moncourt I've just been reading on BBC teletext that preliminary post-mortem tests have shown he died of a heart attack and not a PE as was first thought. It also said the toxicology tests were negative. Just thought I'd share that info with you guys in case you hadn't already heard

Puschkin
07-10-2009, 06:51 AM
I always try to take great care when I read WLT because they're just so opiniated, to the point of altering reality just so it can fit what they previously wrote.
:yeah:, WLT has to be treated with great care. In a rough generalisation: They are very unfair towards Richard, they adore Tsonga, they ignore Gilles and I feel they are also harsh with Gael.

The only reason to go there, is that they post information fast and in many cases they give sources. If you then go to the original site, you can see easily how they distort information, sometimes also by putting up selective quotes. That's why I always add I warning when I report an article from WLT.;)

PS. Will they ever come up with their decision? :mad:

emilie
07-10-2009, 08:38 PM
WLT basically hate Gasquet, do not like Federer,Consider Nadal as a god, adore Tsonga and Simon and ignore the others.
This site trouble me because I do not mind if they do not like Gasquet: just ignore him then! but they are obsessed by him. They always put horrible photos of him. In the few interview they have of him they make him look like an idiot. their site is like a campain against him. They probably rrecrut their "journalist" on their dislike of Gasquet because it is really impressive!Appolline (alias Benjamin Rassat, a documentary director) is just an insane guy.
I don't understand how they can be agressive toward Gasquet, I mean, he has not done anything bad!

Tess Gray
07-10-2009, 09:09 PM
PS. Will they ever come up with their decision? :mad:

I know :sobbing:

Schu
07-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I know :sobbing:

What is taking so LONG???? Richie must be ready to loose it.

Cloudygirl
07-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I wonder if he already knows.

Schu
07-10-2009, 10:00 PM
I wonder if he already knows.

Well he's not been spotted out at a club popping the champagne or dancing from the rooftops (which I would be doing) so if he does it's probably not good news... Seriously I do wonder too. It just seems SOOO cruel to make him wait so long.

Cloudygirl
07-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Well there will be a ban I'm sure there will so even if he is relieved about the length of time of it, I'm sure he won't be too happy if he is innocent as he shouldn't be banned at all. Plus with the Moncourt thing it's not a great time to be celebrating anything.

But surely they would send a transcript to his solicitors before it appears on the itf website and if they have to come up with a decision before wednesday I would imagine he at least has an idea of the result by now.

case
07-10-2009, 10:14 PM
i dont think they will do anything until monday now.

i kind of dread loading the MTF site. the first thing that shows
is the last post on GM. i am sure i'll load it one day soon and see "gasquet banned for 2 years."

then ill go to GM page and beneath the dreaded gasquet post will be another thread about how fed is the GOAT. it took me a while to figure out what goat actually meant. trying to figure out fed's questionable taste in clothing is more exciting.

question- if they have told gasquet what is to stop him from blabbing?

Schu
07-10-2009, 10:57 PM
i kind of dread loading the MTF site. the first thing that shows
is the last post on GM. i am sure i'll load it one day soon and see "gasquet banned for 2 years."

I know, I've been halfway closing my eyes and holding my breathe for WEEKS just knowing I'd see that first thing when I get to the site.

I guess Richie could blab it unless he was told not to until it was officially announced and I don't suppose ya want to piss of the WADA/ITF by not listening to them or BAM another insane ban.

reggie1
07-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I feel exactly the same about GM, I used to enjoy MTF and looking at all the mad threads on GM but now I do it with trepidation :sad:
I wonder too if he aready knows the outcome.

Davodus
07-11-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm the same as all of you
I worry about going there because I'm almost happier being left in limbo, than knowing he got 2 years

tennis lover
07-11-2009, 12:44 PM
I always go straight to Andy's forum (rather than loading the main page) and then here so I should get to see the news here first. :dance: I rarely venture into GM at all :shrug:

and Dave, I agree, I think it's easier not knowing in some ways. :sobbing:

case
07-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I always go straight to Andy's forum (rather than loading the main page) and then here so I should get to see the news here first. :dance: I rarely venture into GM at all :shrug:

and Dave, I agree, I think it's easier not knowing in some ways. :sobbing:
speaking of roddick-
what do you think -did roddick say "you're such a f***ing dickhead" to fed? kind of funny that
that's what you miss by avoiding GM

bashing fed is the only thing in tennis that brings me any real joy these days.
i have gotten quite a few bad reps because of it.:sad: oh well
i am turning into a real low life bottom feeder:devil:

tennis lover
07-11-2009, 11:55 PM
speaking of roddick-
what do you think -did roddick say "you're such a f***ing dickhead" to fed? kind of funny that
that's what you miss by avoiding GM

bashing fed is the only thing in tennis that brings me any real joy these days.
i have gotten quite a few bad reps because of it.:sad: oh well
i am turning into a real low life bottom feeder:devil:
when? after the Wimbledon final? not that I know of. :shrug: although to be honest I was so devastated during the trophy presentation I didn't pay too much attention. I didn't even know Andy said anything at all at first, just saw that he looked pretty pissed off. :awww:

:haha: whatever floats your boat! ;)

Keijan
07-12-2009, 09:37 AM
:yeah:, WLT has to be treated with great care. In a rough generalisation: They are very unfair towards Richard, they adore Tsonga, they ignore Gilles and I feel they are also harsh with Gael.

WLT basically hate Gasquet, do not like Federer,Consider Nadal as a god, adore Tsonga and Simon and ignore the others.

Actually there has been a little hate on Tsonga going on lately on WLT :lol: as soon as they don't meet their expectations fast enough, here is what happens ! They think Jo is "surmediatised", much too present in the medias in regards of what he has achieved, so they bitch at him regularly for that. As if it was his fault :o I think the last time they spoke about him was during Wimbly, to say he should have never lost against Karlovic and that they wouldn't post about him until he does something which deserves to be mentionned, and I was like YES PLEASE, JUST STOP SPEAKING ABOUT HIM ! :lol: They replaced him with Chardy in the next French hope role anyway :p

It seems Gilles has never been interesting enough for them to seriously post about him, which I'm thankful for :lol: they just post random clever quotes from him but I never saw a word about his matches. They don't give a damn about Gael either.

Richie is their scapegoat ! I remember one text by Apolline which was extremely violent about him. If you believe him, the best thing he had to do was to forget about tennis, enter a life of penitence and never cease to apologize to France for never being able to meet its high expectations and for being a litteral walking disaster, both in his professional and personal life. And when you see that the level of the comments by the readers there is often below the level of the posts, you understand it's sometimes a bit hard to keep calm when you're commenting there :lol:

whattheheck
07-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Hey? Isn't the verdict supposed to be today or yesterday? Any news about it?

Keijan
07-12-2009, 12:25 PM
No news for now, but I thought the deadline was July, 14th, no ?

tufani
07-12-2009, 02:38 PM
OMG, still no decision has been published? I was away for a few days and hoped that when I come back it will be known already.

No news for now, but I thought the deadline was July, 14th, no ?

Isn't it July 12th, Marion? :confused:

Keijan
07-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't know, but I've been having that date of 14th July ringing a bell since a few weeks :shrug: I even told myself he's unlucky because it's the date of our national feast. Plus the 12th is a sunday, so i found it weird that the statement was released that day. But you're making me doubt :lol: Maybe tomorrow :shrug:

tufani
07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Maybe you are right, since the hearing was held last Monday and Tuesday and they have two weeks to announce the verdict.
The date July 12th was mentioned a couple of times already, that's why I thought it was a deadline.

aislingmcfly
07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I could be really off, but i thought it may be the 14th because that was 14 days after the trial, because didn't the trial finish on the Tuesday?
Sorry to just but in :S very anxious waiting for forever to know Richie's fate I know everyone here knows how it feels unfortunatley all too well :(

Davodus
07-12-2009, 04:03 PM
your avatar is funny ^^ :p

Eimear O'Mahony
07-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Richie's ban is officially up on July 12th (today) but the hearing had 14 days from the end of the hearing to publish the findings (so if it finished on Tuesday that means they have up to next Tuesday which is the 14th) so that's where the 12th comes into it - that's the date of Richard's ban ending but they have up until the 14th to publish the findings. Hope that helps and, as always, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Cloudygirl
07-12-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm getting nervous now too about the findings.

Oi Dave leave my Andy alone ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
07-12-2009, 10:42 PM
This waiting is really the pits. Hope Richard's doing OK, under the circumstances. Glad that it's almost decision time finally. Just hope it's a reasonable one. :scared:

or maybe we are better off not knowing, if it's going to be long./pessimism kicking in

Cloudygirl
07-12-2009, 11:08 PM
It must be so worrying for him. I hope that he has contingency plans if he is banned and he is going to do something useful with his life (ok I sound like his mum now so I'll shut up).

aislingmcfly
07-13-2009, 01:51 AM
your avatar is funny ^^ :p

Well it always raises a bit of a chuckle in a stressful time like now :p

Davodus
07-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Oi Dave leave my Andy alone ;)

:p

Tess Gray
07-13-2009, 10:50 AM
One more day :sobbing: Oh god, I'm so nervous you guys :scared:

Keijan
07-13-2009, 11:05 AM
I'll be relieved to know whatever the result is... the wait is what makes it horrible :/ if it's that bad for us, imagine what he must be going through atm.

*Martolina*
07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
One more day :sobbing: Oh god, I'm so nervous you guys :scared:
:sad::sad::sad::sad:
this is a horrible feeling, tomorrow we will be happy or sad..:confused::confused:

RFK
07-13-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm going to be so nervous coming on the internet tomorrow!
I want to know what's going to happen, but in a way it could be best not knowing..
It must be absolutely horrible for him at the moment.

Gasquetno.1
07-13-2009, 04:09 PM
So is the verdict definately out tomorrow or is that what we are guessing?

Davodus
07-13-2009, 05:13 PM
who knows anymore, really

but it should be out..around tomorrowish

Naina
07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
I dont know... If he is to get a ban (God forbid) I would rather he starts with it as soon as possible so that he can get back on court. Since he cant play while there is no verdict I would rather they tell us the verdict and get it over with :sobbing:
I had a question: Do you guys think that this suspension he was serving will be counted as part of his total ban?

Davodus
07-13-2009, 05:38 PM
I think it does :shrug:

Keijan
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Yes, it definitely does. Which means that if he gets three months, he'll have it done pretty much already :lol:
Even if I would have prefered if he could have gotten 3 months with the off season in the middle instead of 3 months including RG, Wimbly and the USO :o

Schu
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
I really didn't want to look on the internet today cuz I was sure the verdict would be out and I'm not sure I can bear to know. Well the end is definitely near. I really doubt it will be 3 months. I'm not expecting to see him back on a court until January at the soonest although he should be playing right now!! BUT if a miracle were to happen and the ITF actually had just a bit of sense, a 3 month ban would mean he could play US OPen and I think even Cincy masters (if his ranking hadn't fallen so much that he didn't make the cut).

I would think he knows by now and if he doesn't he ought to sue for cruel and unusual punishment!!!

Cloudygirl
07-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't want to look tomorrow I just don't want to know if the answer is going to be 2 years.

Schu
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Do we know it's tomorrow "fur shuuure"? Who is going to be the brave Gasquetaire who looks first?

How in the world is RIchie dealing with this? THIS waiting is enough to drive him to drugs.

Cloudygirl
07-13-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm sure he must already know now. Surely they can't let him read about it on a website.

I'm amazed there have been no leaks seeing as the pos test was leaked. It has to be released this week surely as his suspension was up on the 12th cos otherwise why can't he just enter events.

It is enough to drive me to cigs if nothing else.

Schu
07-13-2009, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=Cloudygirl;8843913]I'm sure he must already know now. Surely they can't let him read about it on a website.

I'm amazed there have been no leaks seeing as the pos test was leaked. It has to be released this week surely as his suspension was up on the 12th cos otherwise why can't he just enter events. QUOTE]

I too was amazed at what a well kept secret it seems to be and yes I was wondering about the 60 day suspension up before the verdict was announced, once again cruel...
Well guess at least we can't say they made a hasty decision, a wrong decision maybe but hasty, no.

Cloudygirl
07-13-2009, 11:34 PM
It depends they prob made the decision before he walked in the room and have just been lackadaisical about writing it up.

PinkFeatherBoa
07-14-2009, 12:02 AM
I sure hope he knows by now because if it's stressing us out this much, then can't imagine how he'd be right now if he's still being kept waiting. Maybe they told him today or yesterday when the suspension ended, so it hasn't had a chance to leak yet. Doubtful that it wouldn't leak though.

I'm beginning to wonder why I'm even so keen to know about what is probably going to be a 2 year ban. I can't even contemplate a ban of 1 year right now, I'm the type who gets irritated when he's off with injury problems for just a couple of weeks. :o

Argh, trying to stay optimistic!!! Remind me not to moan at him for silly things like crappy FH and lazy tennis when he returns to the courts. Used to be such simple things to complain about, in retrospect.

As for who might look at the news first, I can see myself being up ridiciously early and just refreshing lots of news sources, such is the length of this wait. Darn, I need to start mentally preparing myself or something!

GOOD LUCK Richard (though it's probably too late for that now).

Cloudygirl
07-14-2009, 12:06 AM
I'll prob be looking for news too.

Even when he comes back I just can't promise not to moan about his lousy second serve. Sorry Richie just use the off time to work on it. Please!!

bleu_cheese
07-14-2009, 01:07 AM
This waiting is unbearable. Every draw without Richard is a depressing one, that's for sure. Though, no matter the result, as long as he's willing to bounce back, I can live with that.

emilie
07-14-2009, 01:28 AM
I have put in my head( is this expression correct?:confused:) that he will get 2 years. It is better psychologically not to expect anything from the ITF. I am more looking forward the appeal in front of the TAS. He will easily prove that he did not want to improve his performance. I think we can hope that he will get 15 months like Canas and come back before the end of 2010, hopefully before the US open.

Schu
07-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Well it's 1:15 am my time that's 8:15 am French time. I was up late helping a friend and I thought I'd check here before going to sleep. Probably better that I see no news cuz I'm sure I'll be bumbed when I do see the news and wouldn't be able to sleep. I'm trying to prepare myself for 2 years but deep down I keep holding out hope for 3 months/6 months.

Davodus
07-14-2009, 07:41 AM
I think it is impossible to prepare ourselves for 2 years...that is just too long :sobbing:

krn81
07-14-2009, 08:00 AM
the waiting time is really bad, do they forget to publich it? :shrug:
i guess he already knows but come on they will not publish that the day of the french national day, this would be :awww:

Keijan
07-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Okay, I think they had enough time now :fiery: what are they waiting for ? I'm tired of refreshing the ITF homepage every 3 seconds :sobbing:

I'm also wondering about if Richard has been knowing about it already or not. It would be unfair that the medias and the whole world learn it at the same moment as he does, and he doesn't have any moment to prepare himself to answer the questions, so he probably knows about it already.

I've been also wondering about him not attending Montcourt's funerals while all the others did, but sending flowers and something he wrote. Maybe he already knew about it at that moment, and didn't want the paparazzis to, like, surround him to get information, out of respect for Mathieu's family ? I'm also wondering if he's been forbidden to enter RG grounds for as long as his suspension lasts, and that's the reason he wasn't there (the ceremony was held on court 7, where Mathieu played his last match.) If they really refused to give him the permission to go just for that day, they deserve to burn in hell !

reggie1
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Oh that's so sad, maybe he didn't want to go because he knew his presence would cause a fuss.
I'm getting to bursting point too now, I think he must already know the outcome as it would just be too cruel to find out along with everybody else.

Tess Gray
07-14-2009, 09:54 AM
They should hurry up :fiery::sobbing:

*Martolina*
07-14-2009, 10:04 AM
all this situation is terrible without need to wait...I'm dying =(

Jozie
07-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Whoever said being a fan of Richard's was easy. :banghead:
I guess until the official announcement comes from the ITF we cannot speculate.
Perhaps I am being very naive to think that some more time has been awarded to Richie to carry out his investigations.
The past couple of months have been extremely dull without him, and so I hope the suspension is really not too severe, not just for the sake of Richie's fans, but the sake of tennis in general.

case
07-14-2009, 10:54 AM
so where are they? on that anti doping website they want to know where the tennis players are yet they have to take two weeks for something simple. :confused:

Cloudygirl
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Okay, I think they had enough time now :fiery: what are they waiting for ? I'm tired of refreshing the ITF homepage every 3 seconds :sobbing:

I'm also wondering about if Richard has been knowing about it already or not. It would be unfair that the medias and the whole world learn it at the same moment as he does, and he doesn't have any moment to prepare himself to answer the questions, so he probably knows about it already.

I've been also wondering about him not attending Montcourt's funerals while all the others did, but sending flowers and something he wrote. Maybe he already knew about it at that moment, and didn't want the paparazzis to, like, surround him to get information, out of respect for Mathieu's family ? I'm also wondering if he's been forbidden to enter RG grounds for as long as his suspension lasts, and that's the reason he wasn't there (the ceremony was held on court 7, where Mathieu played his last match.) If they really refused to give him the permission to go just for that day, they deserve to burn in hell !

I thought exactly the same thing Marion. I imagine he wanted the focus to be on Mathieu and not him which is only right.

tennis lover
07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I'd imagine we're not going to get any news today. For some reason I had the 15th in my head as the deadline anyway, I just hope we will find out tomorrow. :shrug:

~*BGT*~
07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
The wait is killing me :sobbing:

Cloudygirl
07-14-2009, 07:46 PM
maybe they will just never tell him, in which case his suspension has expired so he should get in some wild card applications.

Dini
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
i hate this pathetic wait. :sobbing:

Schu
07-14-2009, 08:34 PM
maybe they will just never tell him, in which case his suspension has expired so he should get in some wild card applications.

Great minds think alike - I thought the same thing. Guess there is a reason he's not doing that and probably because he knows he can't :sad::sad:

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 12:35 AM
meh I suppose they could have asked for more time pending the outcome of his police investigation. In which case we might not know for ages.

duong
07-15-2009, 08:00 AM

of course they will tell him something, some decision.

I wondered if they took a little bit time to make the "kiss-test" to know if you can be positive with that. You need some time for that (find a woman who feels like taking cocain then kissing for instance :lol:)

I mean it sounds funny but I believe that's really serious and important to know that, not only for Gasquet but also for other players who might be concerned (maybe Hingis was in the same case at least).

I believe that if they were really serious and responsible, they should make some tests like that.

Farrow
07-15-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/news/pressrelease.asp?articleid=20264

With regard to sanction, the Tribunal accepted Mr Gasquet’s plea of No Significant Fault or Negligence, on the basis that he was able to demonstrate on the balance of probabilities how the cocaine entered his system (through inadvertent contamination in a nightclub the night before his scheduled match), and that, while he was at fault in exposing himself to the risk of such contamination, that fault was not significant. It further ruled that, in the exceptional and “probably unique” circumstances of the case, it would be unjust and disproportionate to impose a 12-month sanction on Mr Gasquet. Instead it ruled that Mr Gasquet be suspended from participation for a period of two months and 15 days, commencing on 1 May 2009, and thus ending at 08:00 GMT on 15 July 2009. It also ruled that his results, ranking points and prize money from events subsequent to Miami should remain undisturbed.

C-B-R
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Very Pleased

ImmzB
07-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Allez Richie!!

tufani
07-15-2009, 04:47 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS!!! :woohoo: So practically the suspension is over in few hours and that's it! :D

Tulipe
07-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Richard Gasquet a été suspendu deux mois et demi par l'ITF. Le joueur français peut donc reprendre la compétition à partir... d'aujourd'hui.

Davodus
07-15-2009, 04:48 PM
oh my fucking god

it is better than i had ever hoped for!

Tulipe
07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Le tribunal antidopage indépendant mandaté par la fédération internationale de tennis pour juger Richard Gasquet a décidé de prononcer une peine de deux mois et quinze jours à l'encontre du joueur français, contrôlé positif à la cocaïne le 28 mars dernier, à Miami. Cette sentence couvre la période allant du 1er mai au... 15 juillet 10h00. À cette heure, le Biterrois est donc libre de pouvoir jouer à nouveau.

L'Équipe

Tess Gray
07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
OMG OMG :sobbing::woohoo::woohoo: I'm soooooo excited :worship::worship:

:rocker2:

but-it's-ok
07-15-2009, 04:50 PM
What a great outcome for Ritchie and all his fans:banana: Looking forward to his return to action:dance:

oranges
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
OMG, they were actually sensible :worship: :sobbing: :yippee: I was prepared for the worst

*Martolina*
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
beautifullllllllll
I'm crying like a baby
I am so happy
..god exists!!!!!!!!!
One thanks big as a house!!!!!

duong
07-15-2009, 04:53 PM
http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/news/pressrelease.asp?articleid=20264

With regard to sanction, the Tribunal accepted Mr Gasquet’s plea of No Significant Fault or Negligence, on the basis that he was able to demonstrate on the balance of probabilities how the cocaine entered his system (through inadvertent contamination in a nightclub the night before his scheduled match), and that, while he was at fault in exposing himself to the risk of such contamination, that fault was not significant. It further ruled that, in the exceptional and “probably unique” circumstances of the case, it would be unjust and disproportionate to impose a 12-month sanction on Mr Gasquet. Instead it ruled that Mr Gasquet be suspended from participation for a period of two months and 15 days, commencing on 1 May 2009, and thus ending at 08:00 GMT on 15 July 2009. It also ruled that his results, ranking points and prize money from events subsequent to Miami should remain undisturbed.

They accepted the idea that he had been contaminated by kissing or another inadvertant circumstance,

and that then his suspension ends now :

he's indeed free to play ! :yeah: :clap2:

I'm very surprised about this decision. I thought that they would be more careful with a decision about the general "anti-doping policy", not about that specific case.

Here the only carefulness they take is that they insist that his case is exceptional and "probably unique".

I really think they believed in the "kissing theory" ... and also there were probably political pressures.

That's great and unexpected (even if I thought that the fact we had to wait sounded quite good) ! :clap2:

Davodus
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
OMG, they were actually sensible :worship: :sobbing: :yippee: I was prepared for the worst

i know, i thought they would be so harsh
i was completely ready for 2 years

but-it's-ok
07-15-2009, 04:55 PM
What a relief!!!:banana:

Dini
Guys I need suggestions for a title change! Make it cheerful! :D :D :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dini
Yes I'm so happy! :sobbing:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:woohoo: :dance:

:aparty: :inlove: :hearts: :aparty: :sport: :banana: :aparty:

Stephie Cesc
OMG! Great news! :woohoo:

Allez Richie! :banana:

Dini
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Pathetic, the post order is messed up. :retard:

But nothing is going to wipe the smile off my face! :rocker2:

but-it's-ok
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm so happy for you guys too:hug::hug::hug: You've been through hell and now you deserve to:aparty::aparty::aparty:

Cin
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Omg……~~!!!

amandita
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
wonderful news!:bigclap:

C-B-R
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
means can enjoy the US open :D

Farrow
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Ecstatic with this news! I've been so scared for so long ... I was convinced it would be two years, but this is wonderful!

Vlad1980
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Awesome news! :):)

Jozie
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
:bounce: awesome news..... just fantastic :yeah:

:armed: no more clubbing Richie!

:crying2: crying buckets of happiness

Dini
07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Congrats all of you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

tufani
07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
OMG, I'm so happy for him I don't know what to say! :woohoo: :aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

And besides, the horrible wait is finally OVER! :sobbing: :D :worship: Congrats to everyone here! :bigclap:

Gasquetno.1
07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Happiest day of my life:D:D:D:D:D

case
07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
i really thought that they would give him two years.
was i wrong!!!

however i cant really believe they bought the kissing theory
-i think they just needed a way out of their ridiculous policy.
they have to know that know others testing positive can use this defense

regardless -when is his next tournament???:yippee:

knight_ley
07-15-2009, 05:11 PM
very very very happy! :)

tennis lover
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: Oh my God that is amazing! :woohoo: I went onto my user CP and saw that Mary had posted here so I knew the verdict had been released and I skimmed through the news and saw 12 months and wanted to cry! :sobbing: but I calmed myself down and read the whole thing and I'm so happy. what a relief, Richard must be so pleased it's over! :D

bring on the hardcourt season! :dance: :dance: :dance:

timafi
07-15-2009, 05:19 PM
:yeah: Vamos Ritchie:yeah:

Davodus
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
i suggest everyone read the PDF at the bottom of the article :lol: it explains what was said and is funny :p

this is a link to it...

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_42899_original.PDF

tennis lover
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
was just about to open a HC thread when I realised this used to be a tournament thread before turning into a second chat thread/anti-doping obsession thread! :lol:

so what's next? He should be playing Montreal and Cincy but what about before then? Is he still on any entry lists? if not, hopefully he can get a WC or 2 to get rid of the rust before the important tournaments. :dance:

lisaplenske
07-15-2009, 05:34 PM
i really thought that they would give him two years.
was i wrong!!!

however i cant really believe they bought the kissing theory
-i think they just needed a way out of their ridiculous policy.
they have to know that know others testing positive can use this defense

regardless -when is his next tournament???:yippee:

Hi everyone,

omg I feel just big relief right now.Relief cause I was also expecting a more severe sanction. In fact I expected the worst that is to say the end of his career.
I'm very happy now and just hope that he realize himself how he got out of that big shit in a very good way. That was soo close!its frightening when I think about it.

Happy even if I was angry against him from being that "non pro" but well that's the past. Before thinking about playing a tournament, I think he should think about his new entourage on tour no?
Guillaume Peyre is not his coach anymore and he didnt play since March!
he must think about that before playing a tournament.

Dini
07-15-2009, 05:34 PM
was just about to open a HC thread when I realised this used to be a tournament thread before turning into a second chat thread/anti-doping obsession thread! :lol:

so what's next? He should be playing Montreal and Cincy but what about before then? Is he still on any entry lists? if not, hopefully he can get a WC or 2 to get rid of the rust before the important tournaments. :dance:

Are you OK with me changing the title (later on, once we finish getting :drink: and all :bounce: about the news :lol:) or do you want to open the thread? I don't mind of course, either way. :dance:

To be honest, I haven't thought about it - still high on the news. :hearts: But he's on the entrylists for both, I think. If not they would be damn pathetic not to give him WC's.

anutam
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Happy for Richie, did not expect such decision. :woohoo:

C-B-R
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
i suggest everyone read the PDF at the bottom of the article :lol: it explains what was said and is funny :p

this is a link to it...

read it , i couldnt stop laughing while reading it but that might have been because i rather happy

Jozie
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
I see it was announced that Eric Deblicker is President of Lagardere Tennis today.

http://www.edubourse.com/finance/actualites.php?actu=55216

Does anyone know if Peyre is still Richard's coach?

Dini
07-15-2009, 05:43 PM
I see it was announced that Eric Deblicker is President of Lagardere Tennis today.

I don't know, but why would he give up on him? :sad:

Tess Gray
07-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone,

omg I feel just big relief right now.Relief cause I was also expecting a more severe sanction. In fact I expected the worst that is to say the end of his career.
I'm very happy now and just hope that he realize himself how he got out of that big shit in a very good way. That was soo close!its frightening when I think about it.

Happy even if I was angry against him from being that "non pro" but well that's the past. Before thinking about playing a tournament, I think he should think about his new entourage on tour no?
Guillaume Peyre is not his coach anymore and he didnt play since March!
he must think about that before playing a tournament.

Amira, glad to see you back here:wavey::hug:

Maybe Eric and Richard will start working together again?:shrug:

OMG, I'm still so excited over the news :banana:

mayagaller
07-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Sooooo happy! Suddenly I'm looking forward to going to the Rogers Cup again!

tennis lover
07-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Are you OK with me changing the title (later on, once we finish getting :drink: and all :bounce: about the news :lol:) or do you want to open the thread? I don't mind of course, either way. :dance:

To be honest, I haven't thought about it - still high on the news. :hearts: But he's on the entrylists for both, I think. If not they would be damn pathetic not to give him WC's.
of course you can just change the thread title. :) I had just forgotten that somewhere amonst the mess of the past few months we already had a tournament thread! ;) it's really not important.

I meant the tournaments before the Montreal, like Washington DC, LA etc. I am fairly sure he'll be ok to play Montreal and cincy since he's still on the entry lists. :D but I guess we'll just have to wait and see, I'm just excited at the prospect of seeing him play tennis again! :banana:

Jozie
07-15-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't know, but why would he give up on him? :sad:

I seem to recall that Guillaume came under fire from Lagardere after the incident at Set. Hoping I am wrong.

I just look forward to Richard coming back strong after all. We have missed him terribly.:wavey:

duong
07-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Happy even if I was angry against him from being that "non pro" but well that's the past.

Will going to a party and kissing be considered as "non-pro" from now on ?

Come on, they are not machines ! And not everybody can meet his love for life at a young age like Federer :rolleyes:

nab_94
07-15-2009, 05:51 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo:
I'm so HAPPY for him!

ImmzB
07-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Hope he plays another tournament, Maybe in Washington- ask for a Wild-Card!

lisaplenske
07-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Amira, glad to see you back here:wavey::hug:

Maybe Eric and Richard will start working together again?:shrug:

me too lauren and everyone here:kiss::wavey:

Cin
07-15-2009, 05:58 PM

this is a link to it...

so funny, just like a soap show

ellen_
07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Very happy for Richie and all of you :hug: What a relief this must be!

Eliande
07-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Great news indeed!
Let's hope that he's learned from this experience and will become wiser and more mature.
Now: back to tennis!:)

reggie1
07-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh I am so pleased, I actually feel quite choked! I can't believe it, this is such wonderful news. Where are Schu and Margareta, hurry up both of you and log on! :lol: It's good news.
:dance::woohoo::crazy::banana::rocker::music: Welcome back Amira too :hug:

Dini
07-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I think Tori will be elated with the news too. :rocker2:

Davodus
07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
yes, everyone log on so we can have a forum party :D :lol:

lisaplenske
07-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Oh I am so pleased, I actually feel quite choked! I can't believe it, this is such wonderful news. Where are Schu and Margareta, hurry up both of you and log on! :lol: It's good news.

Hey Vicky!its been a long long time!!happy to speack with you again:wavey::D
its been horrible months and I didnt have the heart to post here cause I was expecting the worst for richard. Just happy now and relieved cause he would be able to play again on a tennis court. To live his passion and we will still watch his matchs. That's huge.

Schu
07-15-2009, 06:37 PM

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::w oohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
I'm in an all day meeting at work but just logged in at lunch break to see what I thought would be disappointment.

I'm SO HAPPY FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and all his fans too!). I bet he is elated. I want to see the photos of that georgeous smile when he found out the news!

I NEVER expected ITF/WADA would actually be sensible.

Well back to work - not sure I'll be able to concentrate the rest of the meeting.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

~*BGT*~
07-15-2009, 06:40 PM
O.....M.....G!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sobbing:

I am so happy for Richie! I cried. :lol: Oh, Gasdick back together again. :woohoo:

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/terracotta-gasquet-roddick.jpg

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I think Tori will be elated with the news too. :rocker2:

I found it on the net before I left work and did a little dance round the room. My boss walked in and was like Vick what on earth are you doing. ;)

krn81
07-15-2009, 06:45 PM
What a good news!! :woohoo::banana:
He will come back stronger than before, i am impatient to see him playing again, it could be even Monday, ouhouh!!!

btw, where did you see he wil change coach? :shrug: I saw nowhere, Peyre only said few weeks ago that he will think to his future in case Richard is suspended two years that is not the case today :)
And in the French papers, he said is happy and believed in justice.
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/83874/peyre-je-faisais-confiance-a-la-justice/

Long waiting time for a good happy end finally :)

Dini
I found it on the net before I left work and did a little dance round the room. My boss walked in and was like Vick what on earth are you doing. ;)

:haha: :rolls:

That's how you do it! :rocker2: :hug:

case
montreal isnt until august 8
he hasnt played since may (is that right) he really needs to get in at least one tournament before then

gasquets lawyers are incredible.

Dini
07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
montreal isnt until august 8
he hasnt played since may (is that right) he really needs to get in at least one tournament before then

gasquets lawyers are incredible.

This. :worship::worship::worship:

Dini
07-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Yea baby yea! :hearts:

Gasquet cleared to return to tour (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8152674.stm)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46063000/jpg/_46063790_gas_ap2_226.jpg

"It's a happy end to a painful ordeal"

:dance:

Cin
07-15-2009, 06:55 PM
What a good news!! :woohoo::banana:
He will come back stronger than before, i am impatient to see him playing again, it could be even Monday, ouhouh!!!

btw, where did you see he wil change coach? :shrug: I saw nowhere, Peyre only said few weeks ago that he will think to his future in case Richard is suspended two years that is not the case today :)
And in the French papers, he said is happy and believed in justice.
http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/83874/peyre-je-faisais-confiance-a-la-justice/

Long waiting time for a good happy end finally :)change or not, Peyre isnt member of Lagardere anymore, IMO

Mariana_lcf
07-15-2009, 06:59 PM
yey! this is great news for him! looking forward to seeing him play again!!

duong
07-15-2009, 07:07 PM

this is a link to it...

I also strongly suggest to read it :yeah:

I laughed when they wrote some "moral statements" in the end (number 92, 93 and 100 for instance), especially that :

As a healthy single young man who is not often able to go out and enjoy himself socially in the evenings, it is not unnatural that he should have been attracted to Pamela, to the point of kissing her. He is not the first young man to have done such a thing with a young woman during a social night out

:haha: :haha: :haha:

More serious but quite incredible in my eyes is that a tennis player has to only drink bottles that he opened himself : Oh my God ! :rolleyes:

Mainly they reproach him that he (or his friends) "should have known" that cocaine consumption was known to be frequent during the festival when the party took place.

But it's really a funny report :
to sum it up, they believe that the kissing theory is by far the most likely one. And it was real long kisses (seven times from 5 to 10 seconds) :haha: :haha:

PinkFeatherBoa
07-15-2009, 07:14 PM
SO happy/relieved.

I did scream and cry a little when I finally heard the news, which wasn't a very good thing since I found out via a phone call on the bus. I've only known half an hour and it still is a bit surreal, someone pinch me type feeling. :lol:

Welcome back Richard- and not a moment too soon! Need to read back over all your posts now. :D

lisaplenske
07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
change or not, Peyre isnt member of Lagardere anymore, IMO

Hi Cin how are you?:wavey:
yes that's what I understood so what richard gonna do? will he stay with peyre?I hope so!

please no debliker influence,we know how can it be!:(

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 07:20 PM
So cringeworthy I really really feel for him. God if I imagine what some of my nights out would look like in print :o:o x1000

~*BGT*~
07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
So is Richard getting his ranking points and prize money back?

duong
07-15-2009, 07:45 PM
So is Richard getting his ranking points and prize money back?

his suspension was from 1st of MAy to the 15th of july and he didn't play in that period, then he has nothing to lose or catch back.

PinkFeatherBoa
07-15-2009, 07:50 PM
OMG just got started on the statement. :help: Not a nice way to have your private night written up like that and dissected like that but whatever clears him I guess. Will read more when I can concentrate properly.

Still so happy for him, I tried to imagine the best possible outcome right up until the last few days of waiting but then doubts started to set in. So happy that it could end like this.,

:hug: to all of you and a :drink: because we could all do with one right now!

Cin
07-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi Cin how are you?:wavey:
yes that's what I understood so what richard gonna do? will he stay with peyre?I hope so!

please no debliker influence,we know how can it be!:(

Of course I feel great after knowing this news.;)

When I was in Roland Garros, I heard that Lagardere has already fired Peyre, Champion and someone else. But Richard didnt want to stop the cooperation with him. So I think now Richard pays his coach by himself, they will still work together.

It was a gossip news, so I'm not so sure about this. but Team Lagardre was really a mess at that moment.

Richard can come back so soon, I think 1st of all, he should thank Arnaud Lagardere. I'm sure that he tried a lot to help him.

aislingmcfly
07-15-2009, 07:59 PM
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seriously felt like crap for days expecting the worse and woke up and my first thought was "Gasquet" and my stomach turned. I was sure he would get at least a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy right now! Credit to all his fans for sticking by him even if it wasn't easy and staying strong :)

reggie1
07-15-2009, 08:00 PM
I hope I didn't offend anyone when I said that Schu or Margareta should log on, it wasn't that I had forgotten everybody else, it's just that they have been fans for so long, whenever I've read back on Richie's old threads from years ago, their names have always been there. I think now all of our names will always be here too as if we've all survived this episode as fans this will probably bond all of us to him for life now! :lol:

Cin
07-15-2009, 08:06 PM
After 2 Roland Garros without Richard, I wish he will be there next year.
Richard is always the best reason to go to a tournement and have fun there, I started to think about my next plan. haha

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 08:09 PM
I hope I didn't offend anyone when I said that Schu or Margareta should log on, it wasn't that I had forgotten everybody else, it's just that they have been fans for so long, whenever I've read back on Richie's old threads from years ago, their names have always been there. I think now all of our names will always be here too as if we've all survived this episode as fans this will probably bond all of us to him for life now! :lol:

who would be offended. Margareta and Schu are his biggest fans. They are always who I think of.

But yep I think we are all bonded for life after this. I think he can count us all as true fans.

I think Richie should thank Lagardere second, he should thank his lawyers first. I hope he pays them on time cos they deserve it.

reggie1
07-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes he certainly owes them a lot. Also depsite my misgivings about Arnaud he certainly came up trumps over this crisis.

Cin
07-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Now I need some Vodka to celebrate this, maybe with a little apple juice :D

PinkFeatherBoa
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM

Best comment yet. :rolls: I need some myself!

I'm so excited, I'm now researching going to the USO :woohoo: , goodness I missed him so much.

duong
07-15-2009, 08:19 PM

Be careful to open the bottles yourself ! :haha:

Richie had made the "horrible mistake" to drink apple juice in a bottle he had not opened himself that night : OMG :eek:

Cin
07-15-2009, 08:20 PM
I watched his last match in Rome before the suspension, but I miss him as much as you guys.
He is on the entry list of Montreal, but wont he ask for a WildCard before that?

bleu_cheese
07-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Yes! This is like getting an A on a final when you thought it went terribly. The wait was long, making the end result even better.

Now, bring on the Richie21...:toothy:

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes! This is like getting an A on a final when you thought it went terribly. The wait was long, making the end result even better.

Now, bring on the Richie21...:toothy:

don't even go there with Richie21 he is not coming off my ignore list.

Cin
07-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Be careful to open the bottles yourself ! :haha:

Richie had made the "horrible mistake" to drink apple juice in a bottle he had not opened himself that night : OMG :eek:

dont worry, I wont kiss a stange girl mouth on mouth about 7 times after that.
I just want to celebrate:cool:

the last 2 months were really terrible for him, his group, fans and so on, but I'm sure that Richard learnd a lot from this stupid mistake.:) and us, we will enjoy every single match then.
To be honest , I watchen the Gasdick Wimbledon video more than 10 times during the suspension.

BTW, the PDF document is really funny.
I laughed loudly when I read that he asked his mother to change the flight for him:devil:

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 08:28 PM
dont worry, I wont kiss a stange girl mouth on mouth about 7 times after that.
I just want to celebrate:cool:

the last 2 months were really terrible for him, his group, fans and so on, but I'm sure that Richard learnd a lot from this stupid mistake.:) and us, we will enjoy every single match then.
To be honest , I watchen the Gasdick Wimbledon video more than 10 times during the suspension.

BTW, the PDF document is really funny.
I laughed loudly when I read that he asked his mother to change the flight for him:devil:

so did I actually. I bet he takes his washing home too. I still love him though.

lisaplenske
07-15-2009, 08:43 PM
richard reaction from rmc:

Gasquet: "A great joy"
Editor - RMC.fr on 15/07/2009
At the micro de France 2, Richard Gasquet has reacted to the announcement of his return to competition after he tested positive for cocaine.
Richard Gasquet: "I am pleased to return to the courts. Starting today, I have the right to go to tournaments. It is a tremendous joy to be able to play tennis. What I am saying today is that I'm going after my complaint. I want to know what exactly happened that evening. I look forward to returning. There is a U.S. Open in late August. It's a tournament I love. I'm still a tennis player. I will give all i have to get back into the top10 "

tufani
07-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I wonder if he practiced during all this time... :scratch: Before the hearing Richard said that he didn't touch a racquet since he heard the news about being suspended. He needs to gain some form before playing tournaments.

Btw, I've just noticed that he has a new ATP profile pic:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2446/d1a1bc1783cd46f6811707e.jpg

Cin
07-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I wonder if he practiced during all this time... :scratch: Before the hearing Richard said that he didn't touch a racquet since he heard the news about being suspended. He needs to gain some form before playing tournaments.

Btw, I've just noticed that he has a new ATP profile pic:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2446/d1a1bc1783cd46f6811707e.jpg

fortunatelly I still have a ATP player book, I will keep his page. I love the old picture.

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I liked his old picture better too. But I'm just glad he is back. I won't even moan about his forehand or his second serve for at least a week ;)

Tess Gray
07-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I liked his old picture better too. But I'm just glad he is back. I won't even moan about his forehand or his second serve for at least a week ;)

That's a promise?:p

btw, you can change your sig now!:D

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I'll change it when he plays a tournament. I wonder if he can still get a wild card for something next week.

reggie1
07-15-2009, 09:22 PM
He looks like he has just finished a match and then posed for the pic. Surely they could have let the poor boy have a wash and brush up before taking his official ATP picture! Oh it feels good to be sniping about his pics again :lol: Not that it's his fault but could you imagine "Call him Mr Vain-Verdasco" agreeing to have his official ATP pic taken with a hair out of place :lol:

lisaplenske
07-15-2009, 09:28 PM
lol nobody reacted about richard reaction I ve just posted? if its that I think I can go away from that board:o:p:wavey:

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Have you seen Nando's pic Vicky it is horrific. It looks like they have made him have the picture taken straight off court and he is tamping that they won't let him check his hair first.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Fernando-Verdasco.aspx

Tess Gray
07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Amira, thanks:lol: It's kind of what I had expected him to say. I had hoped that he also mentioned which tourney he was planning on playing.

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
lol nobody reacted about richard reaction I ve just posted? if its that I think I can go away from that board:o:p:wavey:

Sorry we got distracted by his photo we are so shallow. I hope he does get huge enjoyment from the tennis and treats this as a huge second chance. I want finals at least pls Richie.

Guille.
07-15-2009, 09:35 PM
:bounce::woohoo:

tufani
07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Richard is around thirties in the rankings now - thankfully, the fall was not too hard (gosh, who knew it would be SO pleasant to be concerned about his rankings again!)

Have you seen Nando's pic Vicky it is horrific. It looks like they have made him have the picture taken straight off court and he is tamping that they won't let him check his hair first.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Fernando-Verdasco.aspx

:haha: :haha: :haha:

~*BGT*~
07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Tessa, Vicky, Amira, Schu :wavey: I finally got my internet set up in my new house so I'm back to chat with you all. :woohoo: And what a day to get it set up properly. Richard is back with full vegeance. :armed:

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 09:45 PM
That's good timing!

It is so nice to bitch about his ranking and his hair. I will even feel happy to bitch about him standing too far back behind the baseline.

I've missed him so much!!!

~*BGT*~
07-15-2009, 09:48 PM
He could play Hamburg next week :o but if he were smarter, he'd play Indy instead.

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 09:49 PM
He would be better prepared for the USO if he starts playing on hard now but isnt Hamburg more points. Its a 500 pointer isn't it.

Tess Gray
07-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh good timing indeed Danielle:wavey:

:haha: Nando's pic is awefull hahahaha. Although, the sweat is working for me:drool:

C-B-R
07-15-2009, 10:03 PM
All this talk of hair , has reminded me of the head and shoulders hadnt they said they would wait until the result if they where going to drop him .Also his back on the prezhilton site .

Cloudygirl
07-15-2009, 10:07 PM
So nice that the conversation is back on his hair. This is how it should be :)

Getta
07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Good news.

Gul
07-15-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm so happy:) for him, he is my :angel:
&
After all hair is not big deal. :worship:

PinkFeatherBoa
07-15-2009, 11:33 PM
I only just saw his reaction, thanks for posting that Amira. It was the expected passionate reaction of a man who really genuinely loves what he does for a living. Great to read.

Don't like that new ATP pic much but most of the new ones aren't good so it'll do.

I might have just gone out for a little :drink: and no, I didn't get Vodka Pomme. ;)

I think it would be best to return with the hardcourts, although a WC into Hamburg would be a great idea as well, since it's worth 500. Whatever, any tennis court right now, is a good enough place.

Gasquetno.1
07-15-2009, 11:49 PM
After all he's been through he really deserves some success now :). I really hope he gets back in the top 10, I can't WAIT to see him play again :D:D.

scmom
07-15-2009, 11:57 PM
I just saw the good news - on ESPN of all places
and they sometimes act like there are only about 5 or 6 tennis players in the whole world

but I am so happy that Richard will be back
and so is my daughter - just got a text from her - she is thrilled !

now - just wondering where he will play again
it will be good to see him out there

Pepi.
07-16-2009, 12:00 AM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! :banana:
Im so happy :D

Schu
07-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Well after sitting in a meeting ALL DAY at work and squirming with joy since I learned the news at lunch I just read through the decision (I'm getting as bad as Tori). Richie owes his lawyers big time - some good work there. I'm still in shock that justice ruled and this tribunal actually used common sense in their decision. I found it quite interesting that one of his witnesses was Forget in addition to Peyre, and Eric.

and YES I'm SO happy to once again be able to bitch about his forehand, his court position, his hair, etc. I'd like to say I'm so happy that I'll not do that but I know myself better than that. I imagine he has some training to catch up on as I doubt he could have been too motivated to work during this suspension but now he'll make up for it. THIs may well have been the best thing for Richie - he's had time to really appreciate playing tennis, get a new motivation and let his injury heal. He's probably learned a lesson about the female company he keeps and he has probably gained some fans who now see what we have always seen - he's a young man of class, intergity and courage.

Danielle great timing to be back.

I CAN'T WAIT TO ACTUALLY SEE HIM HITTING A TENNIS BALL AGAIN!!!

case
07-16-2009, 12:34 AM
and YES I'm SO happy to once again be able to bitch about his forehand, his court position, his hair, etc. I'd like to say I'm so happy that I'll not do that but I know myself better than that.

i was thinking about not bitching now either. i once started a thread on GM that i had had it with gasquet. -OK it was a weak moment:o i think it was gasquet withdrew with a slight temperature at the US open

but i am still weak and i doubt if this is going to change gasquet enough so we wont have anything to bitch about, but i'll try harder and be more positive!:angel:

Cloudygirl
07-16-2009, 12:54 AM
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/atp-tour/2009/la-reconstruction-en-tete_sto2003246/story.shtml

this says his first target is Montreal does that mean he won't play before then :(

http://jt.france2.fr/20h/
interview with Richie at 29m 20ish. Anyone care to translate the gist cos as usual I can only get bits of what Richie is saying.

Kournikovaism
07-16-2009, 01:39 AM
WOOOO

I am so happy he is back, that Pamela couldn't ruin his career.

As I said on tennisforums, the name Pamela is annoying me. I dunno why. Like what do you call her, PAM.

tennis lover
07-16-2009, 01:43 AM
http://jt.france2.fr/20h/
interview with Richie at 29m 20ish. Anyone care to translate the gist cos as usual I can only get bits of what Richie is saying.
he looks good :hearts:

here's my attempt at a rough translation:
he says the last few months have been difficult, not being able to play RG/Wimbledon and being accused of taking cocaine. He maintains that he has never taken cocaine. He's very happy that from today he can play tennis again. :D he understand they had to follow a procedure over the past 2 months (rather than him having no ban at all as suggested by the interviewer) but the main thing is he can play tennis again and justice has been achieved. he thanks all the people who supported him (and lists them) and to those who doubted him (ie Henri Leconte) all he has to say is "look at the punishment I got" and he's just happy to play again. He never considered the fact that there would be cocaine there, he only went out to see a DJ of whom he is a fan, it was just bad luck. he's going to continue with the investigation into what happened to find out exactly how the cocaine got into his system but now he is training 100% and he can't wait to start playing again. :dance:

sorry, it's not the best translation but I am too lazy to write down what the interviewer says as well! (the questions are fairly standard and I think you can probably guess what they are from Richard's responses! ;) ) I also haven't put down word for word what he says but that's roughly it, if I have made any major mistakes feel free to correct me! ;)

Cloudygirl
07-16-2009, 01:50 AM
thanks thats roughly what I thought he was saying but he speaks too fast for my ears. He looks older somehow.

Kournikovaism
07-16-2009, 01:51 AM
He looks so sexy in that clip :) :hearts:

Dini
07-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks Jo! :hug:

He looks absolutely gorgeous. :hearts: He mentions rafa if I'm not mistaken, what does he say about him?

Can't wait to see him play again!!! :dance:

Getta
07-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Thank you for your time, Jo. :hatoff:

He looks older somehow.

Well, he got some experience that helped him to grow up a bit and be more mature. ;)

Cloudygirl
07-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Thanks Jo! :hug:

He looks absolutely gorgeous. :hearts: He mentions rafa if I'm not mistaken, what does he say about him?

Can't wait to see him play again!!! :dance:

He thanks him for his support.

tennis lover
07-16-2009, 02:00 AM
he does indeed. the guy asks him what he wants to say to all those that supported him and he says he thanks them all and then lists a few people and that's where Rafa's name pops up. :D

Dini
07-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks Jo and Tori! :kiss:

PinkFeatherBoa
07-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Thanks ladies.

Of course he looks maturer, he must have aged more than just the year of the birthday he had, what with all the stress. Just so long as the stress doesn't affect his beautiful folicles at all...

He looks great though! :drool:

Getta
07-16-2009, 02:13 AM

He thanks him for his support.

he does indeed. the guy asks him what he wants to say to all those that supported him and he says he thanks them all and then lists a few people and that's where Rafa's name pops up. :D

It's well known that Rafa expressed his strong personal support for Richie. :yeah:

http://www.topnews.in/nadal-gives-full-support-gasquet-cocainetest-drama-2172743

Dini
07-16-2009, 02:22 AM
:bigclap: to Nadal.

PinkFeatherBoa
07-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Rafa is just lovely. I remember also his statement on Montcourt, I just wanted to give him a big hug when I read that. Drastically off topic but I was really pleased to read he plans to return for Montreal. Looks like him and Richard will be back for the same tournament. I read somewhere a suggestion that they should play doubles together on their return, I would really enjoy that if it ever happened.

case
07-16-2009, 02:51 AM
well we knew the jokes would be coming

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/07/south-beach-confidential.html

actually it was somewhat funny, but some of the comments are REALLY funny.

Lemon Custard
07-16-2009, 03:48 AM
I decided I had to read every comment and the whole decision before posting (it took a while.. haha). WOOHOO! I'm so freaking happy about this decision. It's totally unexpected, I was prepared for a year to be the best possible outcome. This is awesome!! :)WOO!

I found this but rather subtle though.. "They waited for Pamela to return from the toilet where she had spent longer
than expected."

my0118
07-16-2009, 04:01 AM
Great new for him and all of us!
I hope to see 'New Richie'.

~*BGT*~
07-16-2009, 04:08 AM
Well after sitting in a meeting ALL DAY at work and squirming with joy since I learned the news at lunch I just read through the decision (I'm getting as bad as Tori). Richie owes his lawyers big time - some good work there. I'm still in shock that justice ruled and this tribunal actually used common sense in their decision. I found it quite interesting that one of his witnesses was Forget in addition to Peyre, and Eric.

and YES I'm SO happy to once again be able to bitch about his forehand, his court position, his hair, etc. I'd like to say I'm so happy that I'll not do that but I know myself better than that. I imagine he has some training to catch up on as I doubt he could have been too motivated to work during this suspension but now he'll make up for it. THIs may well have been the best thing for Richie - he's had time to really appreciate playing tennis, get a new motivation and let his injury heal. He's probably learned a lesson about the female company he keeps and he has probably gained some fans who now see what we have always seen - he's a young man of class, intergity and courage.

Danielle great timing to be back.

I CAN'T WAIT TO ACTUALLY SEE HIM HITTING A TENNIS BALL AGAIN!!!

Thanks Schu :wavey: I can't wait either!!! :woohoo:

WOOOO

I am so happy he is back, that Pamela couldn't ruin his career.

As I said on tennisforums, the name Pamela is annoying me. I dunno why. Like what do you call her, PAM.

Hey paddygirl, it's cool to see you here :D And yes, Richie looked hot hot HOT! in that video :drool: As Tessa says, "He looks damn good." :hearts:

orangehat
07-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Allez!

Glad it's all over.

duong
07-16-2009, 06:52 AM
In case's link I liked very much that :

the official decision in the Gasquet case contains passages suggesting that Reeshard might be better served with a good old-fashioned lecture about the birds and the bees (and certain kinds of girls) than a career-threatening volley fired from high atop Mt. Big Brother

when I read what some say about the lessons he should take about the "female company",

I really think they think the same.

Richard have your Mirka ! that's what they claim :lol:

Puschkin
07-16-2009, 06:56 AM
I had promised to open a bottle of champagne when this was all over. Unfortunately I can't do that right now, as I am still recovering from a short stay in hospital. But when I got the texto yesterday evening (:worship: Fran), I simply felt happy. Allez, Richard, show us what you are capable of! After having been through this nightmare, winning a GS will be easy. ;)

Cin
07-16-2009, 07:45 AM
how are you Margareta?

I dont care any comment of this case. they just have a big mouth, especailly the one of POTO's

Cloudygirl
07-16-2009, 07:46 AM
http://www.lepost.fr/article/2009/07/16/1621896_richard-gasquet-la-mansuetude-j-ai-du-mal.html