Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!! [Archive] - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

Richie will be back! WOoooooooohhHHOOooooo!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Going clubbing once a month or so, even for a professional athlete isn't that wild.

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 12:32 AM
I've seen pictures of Rafa out and about in Manacor posted on vamos brigade so I think he knows how to enjoy himself too. I'm sure he would have the sense to withdraw first before going clubbing though.

tufani
06-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks a lot for posting news and translations! :yeah: So great to see Richard out again. :D

So June 29th, still plenty of waiting ahead of us...

Lemon Custard
06-07-2009, 03:29 AM
I feel so sorry for him, I'm 22 as well and I the only time I ever notice drugs at a party is when I get sick because I'm allergic to pot (which is helpful and not helpful at the same time). I went out last night and had a pretty big one (and I'm very glad no one took photos of me!), I can't imagine what's in my system right now! I suppose I've never really thought there'd be anything in my body I didn't put in there myself. :confused: It's a little disconcerting.

Schu
06-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Going clubbing once a month or so, even for a professional athlete isn't that wild.

Agree - just giving Richie a hard time. And yes, Tori even more saving grace for me- no cameras in phones, actually not even cell phones without cameras around when I was in my early 20s (yea, I'm ancient). Although even in my craziest years I never had enough stamina to stay out till 5 am - guess I wasn't in the shape of a professional athlete :D.

krn81
06-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks Marion for the article.
So it confirms why Richard asked police investigation. The girl refused probably to admit to him that she took cocaine before kissing him according to what she said in the newspaper. And why he went to meet her at work to ask her, it was not innocent. If police asks her and there is a witness already, she can face big problem to lie. It could be why he is sure that he will probably not face 2 years ban, and I agree with Marion, a fine and be careful next time should be enough.

Marion and Tori your conversation about food was funny, I am a wine fan but I hate cheese so it is safer for me to live abroad :p
So far, I know that Mauresmo and Llodra are wine experts on the tour, they have really good bottles, there was an article lately about Mauresmo and her passion of wine in Le parisien.

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks Marion for the article.
So it confirms why Richard asked police investigation. The girl refused probably to admit to him that she took cocaine before kissing him according to what she said in the newspaper. And why he went to meet her at work to ask her, it was not innocent. If police asks her and there is a witness already, she can face big problem to lie. It could be why he is sure that he will probably not face 2 years ban, and I agree with Marion, a fine and be careful next time should be enough.

Marion and Tori your conversation about food was funny, I am a wine fan but I hate cheese so it is safer for me to live abroad :p
So far, I know that Mauresmo and Llodra are wine experts on the tour, they have really good bottles, there was an article lately about Mauresmo and her passion of wine in Le parisien.

I am a cheese addict, I just love it. I tried being vegan and it lasted about 3 days because of my extreme love for cheese.

I really really hope that Richard doesn't get a 2 year ban. I believe him because it is him but this whole scenario is pretty unlikely and if it was anyone else, I think I would be very sceptical.

Agree - just giving Richie a hard time. And yes, Tori even more saving grace for me- no cameras in phones, actually not even cell phones without cameras around when I was in my early 20s (yea, I'm ancient). Although even in my craziest years I never had enough stamina to stay out till 5 am - guess I wasn't in the shape of a professional athlete :D.

We used to live in a really small town and used to get the bus into the city to go clubbing, stay up all night and then sleep on the bus back the next morning (at about 8am). I really don't think I would have the stamina to do that now. I can still go out to 4/5am but I am really tired by then. I'm not that much older but I def don't have the stamina I had when I was 18 anymore (how scarily depressing is that :( ).

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.voici.fr/potins-people/les-potins-du-jour/richard-gasquet-pamela-parle-de-la-soiree-de-miami-297459#

http://www.purepeople.com/article/richard-gasquet-la-jeune-femme-qui-a-passe-la-soiree-avec-lui-je-mets-ma-main-a-couper-qu-il-ne-s-est-pas-drogue_a32924/1

oh god it is a total cringeworthy tabloid fest now.

http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/80326/un-expert-en-addictologie-s-etonne-de-la-pauvrete-des-arguments-de-gasquet/

http://www.francesoir.fr/sport/2009/06/06/gasquet-medecin.html

with this article I take issue. Surely you can't take a load of cocaine and just say oh its out of competition and it be ok. Surely with an in competition drug it has to be out of your system when you are in competition.

krn81
06-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks Tori for the article.
The last sentence of the first article summarizes everything: "This story is turning as the game Cluedo..."

And about the doctor, well it is true he can faced 2 years ban if the itf does not believe him but if he is innocent, why he will say he took some before the comptetion, it is just ridiculous :shrug:

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
It is just going to get worse for him before this hearing isn't it. Publicitywise I mean.

I am also becoming slightly worried that the people are around him are more worried about their financial investment in him, than about him.

Keijan
06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
She admits she kissed Richard (but not a French kiss lol) and yet she has a boyfriend "who doesn't live the story very well" ? My, this is turning into such a Hollywood movie :rolls:
I'd like to see a picture of that Pamela to be honest :angel:

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 04:51 PM
I would too Marion. I do feel sorry for him, his private life is going to be public knowledge. He is so careful with that normally.

Hey Vicky, she is 29 there is hope for us yet ;) (just kidding)

krn81
06-07-2009, 04:54 PM
She admits she kissed Richard (but not a French kiss lol) and yet she has a boyfriend "who doesn't live the story very well" ? My, this is turning into such a Hollywood movie :rolls:
I'd like to see a picture of that Pamela to be honest :angel:
I can understand the boyfriend ;)
Oh maybe it was wiser not to talk to the press before the 29th of june :rolleyes:
And, yes, for some people he is just money but unfortunately he is not the only one.

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 05:05 PM
And, yes, for some people he is just money but unfortunately he is not the only one.

I suddenly feel good that I'm not particularly talented at anything.

http://www.slate.fr/story/5205/sexe-cocaine-antidopage-test-rapports-gasquet

this also makes kind of interesting reading.

RFK
06-07-2009, 06:38 PM
This whole fiasco is confusing me now!
I'm still unsure how a kiss would actually pass cocaine to someone else's system. But who knows!?!

The plot thickens...
:lol:

Schu
06-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Unfortunately I suspect that before this whole thing is over the world will know more about richard than we ever wanted to know - it is truly ashame all the speculation, contradictory stories etc.

The only thing that matters is what is said behind closed doors at the hearing. And it better be good. If the WADA/ITF used the criminal standard used in the US to convict - beyond a reasonable doubt, I think he'd have a case but using the civil standard of "more probable than not" he'd be in bit of trouble and for some reason I get the impression that the WADA is even stricter than "more probable than not" so I just hope he and the police come up with something better than Pamela saying she kissed him for a second. And once other people have to defend their name (ie. Pamela, the DJ) it could get nasty.

Hang tough Richie! We MISS YOU! but are so proud of the class and determination with which you are facing this situation.

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 07:22 PM
He is screwed no matter what the burden of proof is. It has been proved 100% that the cocaine was in his system. Its whether or not they believe that he didn't take it intentionally and how much they deduct off any ban. If he has to appeal that will take loads longer.

I think he is being very classy about it actually so I agree with you there. Seems sad though that people like Champion who as far as I can tell have done nothing wrong whatsoever, are taking the fall.

C-B-R
06-07-2009, 07:22 PM
This whole fiasco is confusing me now!

Your not the only one .

Schu
06-07-2009, 07:44 PM
He is screwed no matter what the burden of proof is. It has been proved 100% that the cocaine was in his system. Its whether or not they believe that he didn't take it intentionally and how much they deduct off any ban. If he has to appeal that will take loads longer.

I think he is being very classy about it actually so I agree with you there. Seems sad though that people like Champion who as far as I can tell have done nothing wrong whatsoever, are taking the fall.

Yea he is screwed as it was proved 100% that it was in his system! I WAS talking about his intent and the way they view those "facts" in lessening his suspension, just didn't make myself clear.

ANd yes sounds like others are going down with him and even if they were with him, he's the one responsible for what he did or didn't do/where he was - they aren't his babysitters.

reggie1
06-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes, confused of England here! Is Pamela saying that they just has a quick platonic peck type of kiss? If that's the case, then that wouldn't be enough to "contaminate" him would it?

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure any kind of kiss would be enough to "contaminate him". I dont think he has taken anything intentionally but this kiss theory seems ridiculously flimsy to me. She would have to be absolutely riddled with cocaine. I think getting something in his glass is more likely.

Schu
06-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure any kind of kiss would be enough to "contaminate him". I dont think he has taken anything intentionally but this kiss theory seems ridiculously flimsy to me. She would have to be absolutely riddled with cocaine. I think getting something in his glass is more likely.

Don't know much about cocaine absorption and sounds like the experts differ on that too but I wouldn't rest my case on a kiss no matter how deep throat it was (or wasn't as she claimed).

And I still wonder why everyone focuses on that night at that club. I guess that's where it was flowing like water but couldn't it have been somewhere else the day before? Which probably would be worse news for Richie as that would probably mean a larger amount was initially ingested?? So I'll keep my mouth shut.

Eliande
06-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Is he actually going to use the "kiss theory" to defend himself? I find it crazy, to say the least...

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Is he actually going to use the "kiss theory" to defend himself? I find it crazy, to say the least...

No idea. He has said nothing about it. I hope he has more sense. The papers seem to be running with it at the moment.

reggie1
06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh and as for the older lady, I've been saying this for ages and all you young'uns just haven't wanted to hear it! :devil:

Puschkin
06-07-2009, 10:12 PM
No idea. He has said nothing about it. I hope he has more sense. The papers seem to be running with it at the moment.
And many people join them with eagerness. :rolleyes:

Eimear O'Mahony
06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
You must have a problem with your eyes with all the eyerolling you do Margareta God love you you poor thing. As for the kissing theory, it is very flimsy but it's the best Richard's got right now. Tori ... you said earlier you'd only seen coke snorted and injected ... I know of people who take it by rubbing it on their gums and eating it ... two young kids in my city died last year from eating coke

Cloudygirl
06-07-2009, 10:30 PM
You must have a problem with your eyes with all the eyerolling you do Margareta God love you you poor thing. As for the kissing theory, it is very flimsy but it's the best Richard's got right now. Tori ... you said earlier you'd only seen coke snorted and injected ... I know of people who take it by rubbing it on their gums and eating it ... two young kids in my city died last year from eating coke

I said only heard of it smoked or snorted. No idea about injecting cocaine, I know you can inject heroin but didn't know you could inject cocaine. eww I didnt know you could rub it in your gums thats nasty.

Eimear O'Mahony
06-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Oops sorry I meant smoked not injected ... stoopid me! You can't inject coke I don't think ... Doi!!! But yeah, my best friend and another friend of hers did it a few years back (it caused a huge argument between us at the time) and she rubbed it on her gums as did her friend ... so if Richie did kiss this girl and it was more than just a friendly peck (which, lets face it it probably was more) then it is quite possible he'd pick up some of the coke left on her gums if she took it this way

whattheheck
06-08-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/06/05/2590272.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8067970.stm
Gasquet said in the interview the amount of cocaine found in his urine was 150 nanograms. One liter of Red Bull has 0.4 micrograms, or equivalent to 400 nanograms. Drinking 2 cans of Red Bull alone is sufficient enough for him to test positive.

Of course, Gasquet wouldn't have used this argument before because who knew cocaine could be found in energy drinks. The most obvious reason that would come to mind would be the party he attended. It seems now that anything you eat or drink may contain drugs without you knowing it. I mean, what tennis player would intentionally take cocaine when they could be pulled aside any day of the year and tested for drugs.

Just thought this might be a good theory of how coke got into his system.

Eimear O'Mahony
06-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Except Richard wasn't drinking red-bull or energy drinks. He's said himself all he drank that night was vodka-apple and water as far as I know ... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

whattheheck
06-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Don't think it necessarily had to be that night. Cocaine stays in the system for quite a while, right? It may have been the day before or even before that. He just sort of looked back to that night because it was clearly a party openly taking cocaine. Even if he accidentally took cocaine, someone might have slipped some in his drink, he shouldn't be banned because it was not intentional.

Eimear O'Mahony
06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure about cocaine and how long it stays in the system tbh so I'm not going to try and bluff my way out of that :lol: But that is the heart of the case yeah ... whether or not Richard took it intentionally and that's what he's trying to prove at the minute that he didn't take it intentionally. I, for one, believe him and am glad that he's doing whatever it takes to prove his innocence

Tess Gray
06-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Gasquet said in the interview the amount of cocaine found in his urine was 150 nanograms. One liter of Red Bull has 0.4 micrograms, or equivalent to 400 nanograms. Drinking 2 cans of Red Bull alone is sufficient enough for him to test positive.

Just thought this might be a good theory of how coke got into his system.

Nice theory indeed. Hadn't thought about something like this before. Is this really true though? Because if it is, it's pretty scary. I like a red bull every now and then, so to think you can test postive because of it :eek:

Mariana_lcf
06-08-2009, 06:16 PM
hey everybody, i haven't been here in a while, and I just wanted to know when the hearing is... i feel so bad for richard :( is it possible for him to play wimbly??

Davodus
06-08-2009, 06:18 PM
i think the hearing is june 29th, so he can't play wimbledon

case
06-08-2009, 06:30 PM
i think the hearing is june 29th, so he can't play wimbledon

has anyone heard how long after the hearing that the decision will be made?

if cocaine is known to be found in the flavoring used in red bull and OTHER drinks, i think a good lawyer can make the argument that there are other ways to test positive and that WADA is the one at fault.

also that same lawyer can argue that cocaine might now be used in food products other than drinks.
who can remember all the food and drinks we consume. also is red bull on the list that WADA provides for players? i bet it isnt. WADA is the negligent one

Cloudygirl
06-08-2009, 06:33 PM
up to 14 days after the hearing I think. I thought the red bull thing was red bull cola and only in Germany?

Mariana_lcf
06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
oh:( that sucks...

case
06-09-2009, 12:44 AM
up to 14 days after the hearing I think. I thought the red bull thing was red bull cola and only in Germany?

i heard the red bull was also here in the states, but i could be wrong. I think ESPN mentioned it and said it would be fodder for gasquet's hearing.

thanks for the date-two weeks really suck:mad:

Cloudygirl
06-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Is Richie catholic?

Keijan
06-09-2009, 07:01 PM
The Red Bull stuff is surprising to me... in France this drink was forbidden for the last years but since one year or so it's allowed again (but still forbidden for sportsmen as it's supposed to reduce the tiredness.) I drink it from time to time and I never felt it had such a strong effect. But if there is coke in it :shrug:

Indeed for Richie it could have happened before that party, but I don't think he's used to go to places where coke is around, apart from that evening. I mean it's a bit over the top if someone had put cocaine in his breakfast at the hotel or something. But I'm sure they thought of everything. They're probably keeping stuff to them for the audience too, we will probably never know the real answer.

Is Richie catholic?

Before last week I would have answered "he's atheist for sure" but now that we learnt he's meeting the Pope in Rome... I don't know what to think about it. Maybe it's just a charity event that the Pope will attend for a while but Richie won't have any contact with him :shrug: what is sure is that he never manifested any religious signs, neither crosses nor signs, and never mentionned any religious faith. Catholicism or religion aren't a big matter in France anyway, with the exception of the Antilles islands (where Gaël is from.) Why are you asking, Tori ?

Cloudygirl
06-09-2009, 07:33 PM
The Red Bull stuff is surprising to me... in France this drink was forbidden for the last years but since one year or so it's allowed again (but still forbidden for sportsmen as it's supposed to reduce the tiredness.) I drink it from time to time and I never felt it had such a strong effect. But if there is coke in it :shrug:

Indeed for Richie it could have happened before that party, but I don't think he's used to go to places where coke is around, apart from that evening. I mean it's a bit over the top if someone had put cocaine in his breakfast at the hotel or something. But I'm sure they thought of everything. They're probably keeping stuff to them for the audience too, we will probably never know the real answer.

Before last week I would have answered "he's atheist for sure" but now that we learnt he's meeting the Pope in Rome... I don't know what to think about it. Maybe it's just a charity event that the Pope will attend for a while but Richie won't have any contact with him :shrug: what is sure is that he never manifested any religious signs, neither crosses nor signs, and never mentionned any religious faith. Catholicism or religion aren't a big matter in France anyway, with the exception of the Antilles islands (where Gaël is from.) Why are you asking, Tori ?

Curiosity, due to the meeting the pope thing. I was just reading an article (have given up posting most of them here because they are all tabloid crap) anyway at the end of it it had a does Richard have something to confess comment :mad: . Just made me wonder if he was religious. I guess he doesn't have to be to visit the pope. I've been to the vatican and I'm definitely not catholic.

Keijan
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Well the article I read from about the meeting the Pope stuff made it sound like Richie was going to shake hands with him and his childhood dream would be achieved or something :o But I don't think they know most about it, they're very probably just guessing. Richard is probably in Rome atm so pics should be surfacing shortly.

I've been to the vatican myself but solely for architectural purposes :lol: actually meeting the pope is another matter though. It's obviously a very religious thing.

Keijan
06-09-2009, 08:00 PM
:haha: the French journalists have absolutely nothing to do, here is what I just found on rg.net : http://geneinfos.typepad.fr/geneinfos/2009/05/richard-gasquet-un-retour-aux-origines-familiales.html

Basically a journalist retraced Richard's genealogical tree since about the 1730ies, so before the French Revolution, which is an amazing effort according to me because all the registers were destroyed during the Revolution. Nothing very juicy though :p They were all from Aveyron and Languedoc (south of France) and were weavers (word? people who make tissue and clothes) from father to son. The only little juicy stuff is that Richard's great grandfather [Joseph Gabriel] left his wife [Marie Assie] to marry an older woman [Marie Marty] -it was very unusual at the time- and grand-daddy Gasquet [Gabriel Marius] was born. It was a completely useless post, thanks for your time :lol:

Cloudygirl
06-09-2009, 08:09 PM
:haha: the French journalists have absolutely nothing to do, here is what I just found on rg.net : http://geneinfos.typepad.fr/geneinfos/2009/05/richard-gasquet-un-retour-aux-origines-familiales.html

Basically a journalist retraced Richard's genealogical tree since about the 1730ies, so before the French Revolution, which is an amazing effort according to me because all the registers were destroyed during the Revolution. Nothing very juicy though :p They were all from Aveyron and Languedoc (south of France) and were weavers (word? people who make tissue and clothes) from father to son. The only little juicy stuff is that Richard's great grandfather [Joseph Gabriel] left his wife [Marie Assie] to marry an older woman [Marie Marty] -it was very unusual at the time- and grand-daddy Gasquet [Gabriel Marius] was born. It was a completely useless post, thanks for your time :lol:

Ok so they really are bored.

I am tracing my family tree at the moment actually but it's quite time consuming so if any random french journalists are bored and fancy doing mine then PM me :devil:

We have a programme here on the bbc called Who do you think you are, where celebs trace their family trees.

Keijan
06-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Any juicy stuff so far in your tree, Tori ? :devil:

Getta
06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
It was a completely useless post, thanks for your time :lol:

It was a somewhat sweet tale though. ;)

Any dirty secrets so far, Tori? :angel:

Cloudygirl
06-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Not really we are all very poor and tame with jobs like dressmakers, and iron workers and grooms. One of my dads relatives from the mid 1800s was in a debtors prison so I like to imagine that being like in Little Dorrit :p.

My dad is really into it but finding Parish records etc is really hard, and time consuming. I'm very disappointed that I'm not related to royalty or anything or that there aren't any scandals :p

PinkFeatherBoa
06-09-2009, 08:41 PM
There's a lot of legal people in my Family Tree, from things I've learnt from my Father, haven't looked into it myself.

The journalists must really be bored to look at/trace Gasquet's family tree that far back but it was an interesting read, I guess. :lol:

Keijan
06-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Not really we are all very poor and tame with jobs like dressmakers

That seems like Richie's ancestors competence :devil::lol:
My family was either made of farmers or of servants in nobility houses :o even though my grand-mother does have some good stories to tell about the Germans requisitionning the castle during WW2 and one of the noble daughters being deflowered by one of them and running away with him at the end of the war while she was only 16 :devil: juicy juicy.

My parents have a family of friends who are related to nobility (dukes close to the king) but they're a bit :cuckoo: I don't know if it's related....

Cloudygirl
06-09-2009, 09:08 PM
On my dads side they were mainly farm labourers.

I have about 15 years of my grandfather's diaries (not every year is there though) from when he was about 20 until just after my mum was born, I think I've skim read about half of them. They make very interesting reading but trust me you never want to know that your grandparents were ever young and had a sex life. There were a few pages I skipped over very quickly. Really interesting though for what life was like in the 30s and 40s. He had really bad eyesight and so didn't go to war, he was an ARP warden.

He was quite eccentric and I have this (not so) secret fear (as it gets laughed about at family parties alot) that my cousin and I with age are going to turn into him. ;)

wow this thread is amazingly offtopic now ;)

reggie1
06-10-2009, 08:42 AM

The only little juicy stuff is that Richard's great grandfather [Joseph Gabriel] left his wife [Marie Assie] to marry an older woman
See, it runs in the family! :lol: He definitely likes the more mature lady!

Keijan
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Do you have any idea of how many hearts you're breaking by making this statement Vicky :sobbing:

His grand father married a 21 years old though :devil:

Eliande
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM

I'm with you on that one (though you said mature, not decrepit, therefore I'm out of the race...:D:devil:).:)

tennis lover
06-10-2009, 04:30 PM
keep saying it Vicky, maybe one day it'll come true! ;) I think we should organise a group get together and go and stalk him, then we can really see which age/hair colour he prefers. :devil: ;) (not that I'd have a hope in hell with him! :sobbing: )

reggie1
06-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I think he needs a bit of Mothering if you ask me! Obviously, there's a few of us who could just about scrape by age wise to do that job! Although, it's close of course. We may be mistaken for older sisters :lol:

Cloudygirl
06-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Speak for yourself I can pass for 23 (in the right light ;) ). The skin care regime from the age of 12 has paid off ;)

~*BGT*~
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
20 years old is prime for Richard. :lick: :p

scmom
06-10-2009, 11:46 PM
seems to me - as he asked my daughter out on a date - that he was not all that concerned with her age
She is 18 - although she looks a bit older than that - no one would think she was much more than 20 at any time
maybe 21 in high heels and makeup

He just thought she was pretty - with a great smile
she is a blonde , with an awesome figure ( if I do say so myself)
I would say he has good taste

I don't think we can rule out - that he just likes ladies of all ages and sizes - sounds pretty much like a typical young man to me in that regard

Lemon Custard
06-11-2009, 02:29 AM
I've been thinking about going blonde lately.... ;)

case
06-11-2009, 04:37 AM
ive dyed my hair so much i cant remember what my real color was

the purple was a mistake though...

Lemon Custard
06-11-2009, 06:17 AM
Yeah, I've been many colours too, I have no idea what my natural hair colour looks like either. It's been a looong time.

On my birthday this year I went purple and my friend shaved her head. We did it for a charity event we have here in Australia. I don't know if you guys have anything similar, but it's called "Shave for a cure" and you shave your head or dye it to raise money for cancer research. Either way, I liked the purple, it strangely suited me.

I've been every colour under the sun. But all over blonde I've never done.. So I might do it. Gradually though, I'm not a massive peroxide fan. Who knows, maybe I'll do it in time for the Aus Open and I'll see if Richie really does like blondes. haha.

Cloudygirl
06-11-2009, 06:54 AM
I was too wimpy when I was at uni to dye my hair crazy colours and now I have a responsible job I can't really. Shame I quite fancy a bit of pink in mine.

tennis lover
06-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I've never dyed my hair. :sobbing: I'm too scared that I'd never get my natural colour back, plus I quite like it as it is anyway. :shrug:

reggie1
06-11-2009, 12:26 PM
seems to me - as he asked my daughter out on a date - that he was not all that concerned with her age
She is 18 - although she looks a bit older than that - no one would think she was much more than 20 at any time
maybe 21 in high heels and makeup

He just thought she was pretty - with a great smile
she is a blonde , with an awesome figure ( if I do say so myself)
I would say he has good taste

I don't think we can rule out - that he just likes ladies of all ages and sizes - sounds pretty much like a typical young man to me in that regardThis has just been a long running joke between me, Tess and Jo and some of the others, about him liking older women, none of us really know, although, the lady he was dancing with in the Siblu strip club pics looks in her fifties. it just gives us a chuckle every now and again to speculate.

scmom
06-11-2009, 03:46 PM
nothing wrong with the speculation
heck - if I was not married ( and happily so ) I would hope that Marat liked older women
something tells me he likes women of all ages - for sure

as cute as I find Richard , and I enjoy his game - he is just too young for me - He is the about same age as my son - that would just be too weird to even fantasize about :)

yeah - those ladies in the strip club did look pretty - well - for lack of a better word - used

as for dying the hair - Missie is lucky that she is a natural blonde - got that California golden girl look - for shuuurrre
I keep my hair blonde with assistance - the hard part is you have to find the right person to do it - otherwise it just looks cheap and brassy
never had the guts to color my hair other colors, like purple - was never really the fashion when I was younger - and now as an "mature" mom of 2 , I guess it is just past the time for that

Cloudygirl
06-11-2009, 05:46 PM
I've never dyed my hair. :sobbing: I'm too scared that I'd never get my natural colour back, plus I quite like it as it is anyway. :shrug:

I have highlights in the winter then in the summer my hair bleaches a lot so I leave it natural then.

Cloudygirl
06-12-2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.purepeople.com/article/thierry-champion-concernant-l-affaire-gasquet-mon-honneur-est-mis-en-cause_a33216/1

Champion isn't too happy and I can't say I blame him much really.

reggie1
06-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Me neither. I don't know anything about him or his character but it struck me as if he were being dragged into this without having much right of reply. I wonder if Peyre wil follow in saying something.

krn81
06-14-2009, 08:34 AM
There is one article today in the JDD about Gasquet and his coach.
In summary it is said that they still have good relationship, Richard doesnt plan to stop to work with him. Peyre still have a good relationship with his father (in contrary with the rumour).
Richard will meet Peyre Wednesday in Paris, probably for some footing, he did not touch the raquet.
Peyre believes in justice. He does not think he will be long banned. If it is 6 months, this season is over but they will be able to think and prepare the next one. If it is 2 years, in this case Peyre will notify. But in this case, he will be disgusted because he knows that Richard took nothing. He just kissed a girl, he is single, it is from his age.
This kiss looks to be the defense line of Gasquet to explain the 151 nanograms found in his organism.

Cloudygirl
06-14-2009, 10:19 AM
There is one article today in the JDD about Gasquet and his coach.
In summary it is said that they still have good relationship, Richard doesnt plan to stop to work with him. Peyre still have a good relationship with his father (in contrary with the rumour).
Richard will meet Peyre Wednesday in Paris, probably for some footing, he did not touch the raquet.
Peyre believes in justice. He does not think he will be long banned. If it is 6 months, this season is over but they will be able to think and prepare the next one. If it is 2 years, in this case Peyre will notify. But in this case, he will be disgusted because he knows that Richard took nothing. He just kissed a girl, he is single, it is from his age.
This kiss looks to be the defense line of Gasquet to explain the 151 nanograms found in his organism.

I really want to know what actual scientific evidence they have for this kiss thing.

Thanks for the article so does this mean that Peyre isn't sacked by Lagardere?

emilie
06-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Pascal Kintz(who is one of the top toxicologist in the world, I checked online) sait that it is totally possible as he really have a small amount of cocaïne. He is going to testify in front of the ITF

case
06-14-2009, 03:55 PM
thanks for the info emilie and krn81.

if the ITF wants to ban someone i guess the players gave them that right, but the players really need to do something about the delay in a hearing.
months are an eternity in tennis.

Cloudygirl
06-14-2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.lejdd.fr/cmc/sport/200924/le-coach-de-gasquet-veut-continuer_218205.html

Mais jusqu'au dénouement de l'affaire, la raquette va rester dans le sac.

Does that mean Richie isn't playing or practicing at all until the case is over. :sobbing:

also does that article refer to exchange of saliva because thats gross

marina36
06-14-2009, 08:29 PM
I hope it isn't the case... I read in L'Equipe that he practised tennis (a little)..

Otherwise, I'm sceptical about the "kiss theory". I hope Richard will be able to prove his innocence.

We miss him...

emilie
06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I do not understand why people are so skeptical about the kissing theory. When you are kissing somebody(french kiss i mean), you exchange saliva. If the girl has taken cocaine, it is in her ssytem. Moreover, the amount of cocaïne found inRichard's urine is extremely low according to the expert.
I mean, from what I have read, cocaine can be found anywhere now( on cash, table, in the air) so why not in the saliva of a cocaïnomane.

marina36
06-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes, I understand but I don't know how Richard can prove his innocence thanks to this kiss... because the girl said that she didn't take cocaine and that it was just a "little kiss".
If this girl says that she took cocaine, I will be more optimist... But maybe she doesn't want to be the "culprit".

Cloudygirl
06-14-2009, 09:10 PM
because of the amount. I mean 1/10 of a line is still quite a bit. I can't believe you can get that from kissing. But hey if an expert toxicologist says it, who am I to argue. he is going to know a heck of a lot more than me.

emilie
06-14-2009, 09:46 PM

Here is the interview from the expert. Anyway, Richard has not said that it is the reason why he is positive so maybe it 's something else. We'll see

Jozie
06-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Richie is official Top 20 on ATP today.
His ranking is going to plummet from here on. :sad:

whattheheck
06-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't want to look at the rankings anymore

case
06-15-2009, 01:03 PM
because of the amount. I mean 1/10 of a line is still quite a bit. I can't believe you can get that from kissing. But hey if an expert toxicologist says it, who am I to argue. he is going to know a heck of a lot more than me.

:lol: i agree. i am glad they are using that expert rather than me!
dont know if my sentiments i would help gasquet. i would go into a rant about privacy and rehab:mad:

Cloudygirl
06-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Richie is official Top 20 on ATP today.
His ranking is going to plummet from here on. :sad:

Yup he can't defend about 950 points between now and Canada. He will be in the 70s by the end of Canada. :mad: half his bloody ranking

Davodus
06-15-2009, 05:57 PM
the ranking is out of everyone's hands now, nothing we can do, though it is really bloody annoying

also, in terms of the kiss theory, i think it is really plausible that that is how it happened. Saliva is the greatest way to exchange 'bacteria' which is why they say kissing is worse than licking a public toilet seat in terms of obtaining foreign bodies into your system :p so it is definitely possible that his blood sample showed what it did because of a kiss

Julio
06-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Richard deserves only a 1-2 months ban. Nothing more. I hope he will come back soon. :sad:

Cloudygirl
06-15-2009, 06:30 PM
the ranking is out of everyone's hands now, nothing we can do, though it is really bloody annoying

also, in terms of the kiss theory, i think it is really plausible that that is how it happened. Saliva is the greatest way to exchange 'bacteria' which is why they say kissing is worse than licking a public toilet seat in terms of obtaining foreign bodies into your system :p so it is definitely possible that his blood sample showed what it did because of a kiss

Thanks for putting me off dating for life.

Davodus
06-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for putting me off dating for life.

you're welcome :p

Eliande
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Yes... but still way more pleasurable.;)

scmom
06-16-2009, 01:09 AM
well - talk about killing all the romance out of a kiss !

but I have a serious question
In discussing the ranking situation , I know , if Richard is suspended he will lose many points - a sad reality
but - should he be found not guilty at this tribunal - if they believe the "kiss defense "
does he have any recourse to protect his ranking ?
Can he appeal to have his points from the tournaments he was forced to miss -saved in anyway ?
Anyone know ?

Getta
06-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Can he appeal to have his points from the tournaments he was forced to miss -saved in anyway ?
Anyone know ?

no, he can't... it's important to avoid obvious logical fallacies like this one...

Cloudygirl
06-16-2009, 06:53 AM
well - talk about killing all the romance out of a kiss !

but I have a serious question
In discussing the ranking situation , I know , if Richard is suspended he will lose many points - a sad reality
but - should he be found not guilty at this tribunal - if they believe the "kiss defense "
does he have any recourse to protect his ranking ?
Anyone know ?

No whether consumption is voluntary or involuntary it makes no difference.

Puschkin
06-16-2009, 08:03 AM
also, in terms of the kiss theory......
Richard himself never used the "kissing theory", but said he would tell the police what he knows about it.

so it is definitely possible that his blood sample showed what it did because of a kiss
It was an urine sample, not blood.

No whether consumption is voluntary or involuntary it makes no difference.
Why have a hearing then?

case
06-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Why have a hearing then?

its all for show. but you know that puschkin. i am assuming you were being sarcastic
from what i gather WADA was given power to do whatever they want by the ITF. i doubt that they care what gasquet has to say.

Puschkin
06-16-2009, 11:01 AM
from what i gather WADA was given power to do whatever they want by the ITF. i doubt that they care what gasquet has to say.
But the hearing is with the ITF, or am I mistaken?

case
06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
But the hearing is with the ITF, or am I mistaken?

you might be right. it didnt occur to me that it would be done by ITF.
but it should be, he is an ITF player
i assumed that WADA would be handling it since they administered the testing. didnt they?
now i am getting confused again.:confused:

the point you made on GM was a good one. maybe fighting this will alter the ban. i certainly dont think it can hurt. a law suit might dissuade the committee from pounding on him.

reggie1
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Will the details of this ever be made public or will it be carried out behind very closed doors and only certain details made public?

Davodus
06-16-2009, 12:46 PM
It was an urine sample, not blood.

Why have a hearing then?

i meant to say urine...but i said blood :p i have no idea why :lol:

I think the hearing will be done by the ITF, as it is a part of WADA, so in essence it will be done by both. He won't be able to get any ranking points back I don't think, but it's not really the problem. We can't control that, we just have to hope for a small sentence

Cloudygirl
06-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Why have a hearing then?

They have to formally hear the evidence. With a positive sample though they would then be considering why it is positive. But I will stand corrected if there is no ban but I have read of cases where consumption has been involuntary but that has reduced the length of a ban not prevented there being a ban at all.

If he is found guilty then I think they publish details (I'm not sure how edited they are) you can read Hingis's online. I posted a link to it somewhere in this thread Vicky.

Schu
06-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Well he is guilty of cocaine in his system (he did a DNA test to verify that those were actually HIS urine samples) so hence the ban which started in May. Now the only question is "intent" and what affect that intent has on the length of the ban. I'm hoping he gets a Wilander sentence and not a Hingis sentence - didn't Mats get caught with a positive cocaine test and got 3 months?????

Isn't there such a thing as a protected ranking but I think it is only used under a very specific set of injury circumstances(I don't know much about it) but I'm sure that a positive drug test is NOT one of those circumstances.

scmom
06-17-2009, 12:31 AM
I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part that if he was found to have inadvertently taken the drugs , he might be able to get some sort of help in protecting his points
but , makes sense that he cannot .

Just hope they will listen to his defense and give him a lesser suspension
That is probably the best we can hope for right now .

Schu
06-17-2009, 01:08 AM
I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part that if he was found to have inadvertently taken the drugs , he might be able to get some sort of help in protecting his points

I think we ALL are wishful thinking.

I'm gonna look on the bright side of this (as long as the ban is not more than 6 months, 3 would be better). Richie seemed to play with a lot more motivation when he was clawing his way up the rankings so couple that renewed motivation with the stronger serve he already has and better fitness and forehand which he'll get while practicing his ass off during the ban (wishful thinking), and BAM - a new and greatly improved Richie! He shot up once from 100ish and Jo and Gael were way down the rankings after long injury layoffs so anything is possible.

And with this rosy outlook I am going to TRY to wipe this out of my mind until we get news of the "verdict" cuz all this speculation is TORTURE! Now I just need to find someone else to cheer for during Wimbly :scratch:

Cloudygirl
06-17-2009, 06:46 AM
That is wishful thinking. I'm still worried that article is indicating that he isn't practising. If he isn't (resting the arm could be good) I hope he is doing an Andy Murrrayesque fitness training program. He needs it.

scmom
06-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I have a feeling that he has not been practicing much . Initially , didn't he back out of Monte Carlo and Madrid because of a shoulder/ elbow issue? So - the time off could actually have been good for those injuries to heal . I agree , he needs to work on his fitness - so hopefully he has been doing that.
now - I am just going to hope that the ban is as short as possible and he comes as soon as possible

as for Wimbledon, I hope Rafa is well enough to make a good defense of his title, but if he cannot , I am kind of hoping that Roddick has a good run.

Cloudygirl
06-17-2009, 07:48 PM
http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/affaire-gasquet-une-enquete-ouverte-17-06-2009-551081.php

Article to say the public prosecutors office have started their preliminary enquries.

Eliande
06-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Same news in English:
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Sport/Story/STIStory_391768.html

Davodus
06-18-2009, 03:37 AM
I am so sick of waiting for this hearing, and I bet he is too. I hope they find some killer evidence

he is going to have a really shit birthday

Cloudygirl
06-18-2009, 06:52 AM
I was thinking that this morning. (that this birthday for him is probably the shittest ever). :(

reggie1
06-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Are the WADA likely to take days/weeks in deciding their verdict? Does any one know if it was very quick with Hingis? I just wondered if this is a very long process?

Cloudygirl
06-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Are the WADA likely to take days/weeks in deciding their verdict? Does any one know if it was very quick with Hingis? I just wondered if this is a very long process?

I think they are going to be giving their decision before the 14th of July. Thats the date of have in my head anyway. i am sure I read it somewhere but don't quote me on that and I can't check cos I have the slowest net connection ever here.

Its sometime towards the start of July anyway.

Getta
06-20-2009, 11:49 PM
I think they are going to be giving their decision before the 14th of July. Thats the date of have in my head anyway. i am sure I read it somewhere but don't quote me on that and I can't check cos I have the slowest net connection ever here.

Its sometime towards the start of July anyway.

No later than July 11. You're right!

http://www.welovetennis.fr/richard-gasquet/11762-au-plus-tard-le-11-juillet

Richard Gasquet > Au plus tard le 11 Juillet !

Par Laurent Trupiano, jeudi 14 mai 2009 à 11:18

C'est la date limite où serait entendu Richard Gasquet qui selon certaines sources va plaider non coupable. Avec le rebondissement lié à son taux très faible, cette stratégie peut être tout à fait envisagée...

reggie1
06-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm looking forward to Wimbly but it's lost it's sparkle for me :sad:
Anyway, something to give you a little chuckle, Andy Murray was the torso of the week in "Heat" magazine and the pic was so airbrushed it was hilarious, he did look good though. They seem to be trying to market him as a sex symbol over here now and he looks so uncomfortable. It reminds me of Richard (sorry if I offend anyone by drawing a comparison :lol:)
Wimbly just won't be the same now will it? Still, let's hope 2010 Wimblers will be great for Richie.

Cloudygirl
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm looking forward to Wimbly but it's lost it's sparkle for me :sad:
Anyway, something to give you a little chuckle, Andy Murray was the torso of the week in "Heat" magazine and the pic was so airbrushed it was hilarious, he did look good though. They seem to be trying to market him as a sex symbol over here now and he looks so uncomfortable. It reminds me of Richard (sorry if I offend anyone by drawing a comparison :lol:)
Wimbly just won't be the same now will it? Still, let's hope 2010 Wimblers will be great for Richie.

there was a picture of Andy in his wimby clothes and I'm sure he was wearing lip gloss. It's just wrong.

bleu_cheese
06-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Hello all. I'm a big fan of Richard, and I was devastated when I heard the news. I was angry at first, but after all the news articles I have read, I am firmly behind Gasquet here. It sucks that he won't be playing Wimbledon, but at least he isn't losing first round in every tournament.
Just to give you a perspective on how bad it was last year, look at Richard's ranking...
Date Singles
22.06.2009 19
15.06.2009 20
08.06.2009 20
25.05.2009 21
18.05.2009 21
11.05.2009 21
04.05.2009 23
27.04.2009 23
20.04.2009 21
13.04.2009 23
06.04.2009 23
23.03.2009 25
09.03.2009 24
02.03.2009 24
23.02.2009 26
16.02.2009 27

Top 20! Keep on rising, Richie :rocker2:

Davodus
06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
unfortunately, now he is going to drop dramatically

misyou25
06-24-2009, 04:57 PM
sucks :(
a medical student friend told me that drug tests are stupid because they dont say if you took for example cocaine, it only shows if the chemical reaction is positive and certain hormones can make the test positive too
so much to farness?

misyou25
06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
ah my english...at least something that's funny in this forum
i also think drugs like marijuhana and cocaine shouldnt get a ban, it's a police matter. those drugs are not performance improving as far as i know...there is a sku jumper who got banned for 2 years for smoking weed...but weed is really not performance improving

krn81
06-26-2009, 09:27 AM
He gave a long interview in Le Parisien thie morning.
Sorry I do not have time for translation. He jsut said that there are some incoherence in what Paemla said to him and to the press. He wants to meet her again faced to faced but she refused lately and also wants her to face a hair test to detect if she used cocaine. He is determined to know the answer.
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/gasquet-je-veux-une-confrontation-avec-pamela-26-06-2009-560487.php

duong
06-26-2009, 09:41 AM
He says that he kissed her, and her only, that it was a "real kiss",

he speaks about Pamela's multiple words with their multiple contradictions (multiple squalid things including that she had wanted to make a "lying witness" but he had refused, or that she had said that she had not had cocain but her friend had ... but he said he didn't kiss her friend :o ), what she had told him when he had met her with his agent,

he says that she had said that she would agree to have a hair test to prove her words that she had not had cocain for a long time, and that he would like her to do that.

He would also like to meet her in front of the police.

From what I read, the police investigation will be too late for the meeting with the anti-doping tribunal,

but he hopes the tribunal to consider the multiple scientific opinions about that,

and that the decision needing 2 weeks to be given,

he hopes some news will happen in that time.

He says that this will be forgotten when he goes back on courts, as he has his conscience for himself.

marina36
06-26-2009, 09:44 AM
This story isn't ended...
I tried to translate (there are maybe some mistakes...)

"You were heard on June 11 by the police force. What did you tell him?
Richard Gasquet. The evening, minute after minute.
Our arrival out of nightclub with the girls, vodka-apple glass which Thierry Champion served to me, other vodka-apple glass with Pamela. When I read his remarks in your newspaper, I was amazed. She says that I released my glass at one time of the evening to go to dance. It is clear that it is false.

After the advertisement of your positive test, did you go to see Pamela in mid-May on her work place in Paris?
Yes. I went there on May 10 around 6 p.m. to the restaurant the Georges with my agent Nicolas Lamperin. I asked to her whether she had taken cocaine. She answered me that not, that she had taken some, but it is a very long time ago. On the other hand, she told us three things. 1. My friend Francesca took cocaine this evening.
2. A guy of the entourage of Bob Sinclar proposed us. 3. I am even ready to make a false witness to clear to you by saying that I took cocaine this evening. I refused that she makes a false witness.

Despite everything, that does not explain why one found traces of cocaine in your urines…
That does not explain anything. I want just to understand contradictions between what she said to us and its interview in your newspaper.

Pamela speaks about a “simple kiss, even not a "french kiss” between you two during the evening…
She lies. "french kiss", to take again its words, there was good ten of it. And very good french kisses, to say the truth...

There did it have other ratios that these kisses?
No.

And it is indeed the only person whom you kissed this evening?
Yes. I did not kiss Francesca, it is clear.

Did you re-examine Pamela after your passage on her work place?
We wanted. We asked her to be able to speak with her friend Francesca the evening n after our visit. She says to us: “No problem, come this evening at 9 p.m. I eat with her in a restaurant in Paris. ” We said to him: “We don't want to be sharp with her, call her initially. ” When I recalled to 20:30, Pamela was colder and said to me that she preferred that we do not see her. Since, no news. I give to the police force the SMS that we sent to her.

How do you interpret this silence? Does it protect according to you its friend?
I do not know anything of it. I do not accuse anybody. I want just to understand. There are too many contradictions in this business. It known as ready to make a capillary test to prove that she did not consume cocaine. I wish that she does one of them. I want also a confrontation with Pamela. To three, with Nicolas my agent, which was present when she spoke to us. I want to go until the end. I am ready with all.

And if the capillary test shows that she did not take cocaine…
We will see. But it is necessary to go until the end to understand.

Are there according to you other contradictions?
Yes, one of size. Its interview day before to your newspaper, Pamela is blamed in an article of RMC.fr. I quote: “As opposed to what Pamela entrusted to Aujourd'hui Sport this Saturday, she consumed cocaine. Without the player either with the current…” Of two things one, or the journalist of RMC planting himself, or she did not read this article yet. I want to understand.

Today, you do not know still how you found yourselves with traces of cocaine in your urines?
Not, it is clear.

You will not have anything tangible to justify you Monday in front of the court antidoping of the International federation of tennis…
There are remarks of scientists, not badly of doubts surrounding all this business. Their decision will be returned within fifteen maximum day. By then, it can do much things. The business is far from being finished. And I will go until the end of the complaint, even if there is this expiry of June 29.

Do you think that this business will stick to you a long time to the skin?
That will pass when I turn over on the courts and when I will win matches. But I surely will trail it a little. It is my history, which do you want that I say to you? But I will have my conscience for me, it is most important."

duong
06-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Marina I think you made a mistake :

she had not said "French kiss", she had said "hardly a galoche", which means hardly anything.

But "French kiss" is really something :o

Don't destroy our reputation :haha:

duong
06-26-2009, 10:07 AM
You will not have anything tangible to justify you Monday in front of the court antidoping of the International federation of tennis…
There are remarks of scientists, not badly of doubts surrounding all this business. Their decision will be returned within fifteen maximum day. By then, it can do much things. The business is far from being finished. And I will go until the end of the complaint, even if there is this expiry of June 29.

I think "affair" rather than "business" and "By then, many things can happen"

marina36
06-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Yes, you're right! I have to improve my english! :)

I didn't know how translate "galoche" so I thought that "french kiss" means the same thing... I don't know! ;)

Puschkin
06-26-2009, 10:17 AM
"simple bisou, même pas une galoche" allows some room for translation, doesn't it? The double meaning is no coincidence it my view.

duong
06-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes, you're right! I have to improve my english! :)

I didn't know how translate "galoche" so I thought that "french kiss" means the same thing... I don't know! ;)

no "French kiss" is huge :kiss: :lol: :hearts:

marina36
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
ok! ;)
So, how you translate "galoche" in english? (just for my personal knowledge! :lol: )

duong
06-26-2009, 10:57 AM
ok! ;)
So, how you translate "galoche" in english? (just for my personal knowledge! :lol: )

:o Actually you're right, I was just kidding ;)

reggie1
06-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Thank you Marina and Francois, don't worry the reputation of the French Kiss is still intact! :lol:
So this IS going to be the actual defense then from the sound of it. Surely the toxicology experts will be able to determine whether this is a likely scenario and whether it is possible for this small amount of Cocaine to be in a person's system just from a kiss? And if it is, then I hope they show leniency. I had no idea and (I'm still not convinced if I'm honest) that this was at all possible. Having said that I don't think Richard is lying about it either.

case
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
okay so do the french say a "french kiss"?
wouldnt any kissing done by the french be a french kiss?

back on topic -
i still dont think the kissing angle looks good. kind of tawdry really. I don't even think it creates doubt. He is coming off a little desperate imo.

Puschkin
06-26-2009, 04:15 PM
i still dont think the kissing angle looks good. kind of tawdry really.
Things are certainly turning ugly. But can you imagine Richard who gave so little in the past of himself to the media, going out like this if he were not sure of himself?

duong
06-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I really don't understand why so few people believe about that kissing story :confused:

It seems the only coherent explanation :shrug:

Btw for Reggie1 : either Gasquet lies or this is true, there is no other possibility than that :shrug:

Because what other possibility is there which is not a lie ?

Red Bull ? In that case, it would be very easy to prove that it can cause that !

I can't see any other possibility which would mean that Gasquet doesn't lie :shrug:

And personally I believe he doesn't lie for one main reason : the very low quantity which was found (and also because of the hair test which proves he's not used to that) :shrug:

But anyway, I'm very surprised that it seems so strange to people that a big kiss might cause that. Some experts have said that :shrug:

Why does it sound so strange to people ? :confused:

It's squalid ? :confused:

Yes it's squalid, but then ? does it prove it's wrong ? is it so strange having a kiss ?

I really don't understand the people's reactions about that story.

Tell me if you have a coherent explanation to propose but then don't reject an explanation because it sounds strange or squalid :shrug:

Anyway I can see that it's people's usual reaction : they don't believe in that kiss explanation and then they say "what a strange defense ! he's so stupid saying that"
... is being strange an evidence of being wrong ?

Please note that I've not been nice with Gasquet's mentality usually, and that I really thought that he had taken the cocain himself when I first heard about the test. But then I thought ... and I could see no other coherent explanation :shrug:

Schu
06-26-2009, 05:14 PM
The kissing defense does sound strange and even desperate but I am in no place to judge. And I can't imagine Richie would be taking about this private matter so freely unless it were true - why else would anyone put forth such an odd defense.

It is just too bad that it has to come down to Richard talking about his "good kissing" and a he said-she said situation with Pamela - yes the soap opera continues...

I just hope the WADA is a reasonable body and makes a decision based on the VERY real possibility, given the miniscule amount, negative hair test, etc. that Richard really could have consumed this tiny amount with out his knowledge and intent and no point ruining a career when there is VERY real doubt.

Puschkin
06-26-2009, 05:15 PM
But anyway, I'm very surprised that it seems so strange to people that a big kiss might cause that. Some experts have said that :shrug:
But haven't other experts said otherwise? Anyway, I won't go into that, as I simply don't know.

I believe him because I feel he can only handle the situation the way he does, because he is sure of himself. He was much more vulnerable and behaved much more strangely and less coherently (to use your word) in other situations which were much less career -threating than this one.

The kissing defense does sound strange and even desperate but I am in no place to judge. And I can't imagine Richie would be taking about this private matter so freely unless it were true - why else would anyone put forth such an odd defense.

My thoughts exactly. We wrote our posts at the same time. :wavey:

case
06-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Things are certainly turning ugly. But can you imagine Richard who gave so little in the past of himself to the media, going out like this if he were not sure of himself?

he has never been sure of himself. i think if he had he would have been a really great player 3 years ago.

it does seem out of character for him to be talking about not taking coke
in such a public way. despite my take that this is bordering on going the wrong way I think his talking can only help. Throw every idea out there and maybe something will stick, he is a likable person that alone will help him

i just dont want people to think he is throwing mud at any one to save himself.;)
:haha: that is probably the angle that works the best in a court of law.
go for it richie! i dont think he is throwing mud , people, but if it works we are talking about his career and life you have to defend yourself

Puschkin
06-26-2009, 05:22 PM
he has never been sure of himself. i think if he had he would have been a really great player 3 years ago.

But he never had to fight for his career and his reputation before like now. This is threatening all he worked for since he was a kid and it seems he's grasped it.

He might be a very different person, coming out of all this, and maybe a very different player too.

case
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I just hope the WADA is a reasonable body and makes a decision based on the VERY real possibility, given the miniscule amount, negative hair test, etc. that Richard really could have consumed this tiny amount with out his knowledge and intent and no point ruining a career when there is VERY real doubt.

this is what makes me so angry about all this. forget everything else. the WADA nuts need to have more evidence than these two drug tests to destroy a person's life.
when you throw in the hair test and a first offense and that in other organizations this cocaine amount would have been considered not relevant.
why does WADA do this immoral thing?

case
06-26-2009, 05:27 PM
But he never had to fight for his career and his reputation before like now. This is threatening all he worked for since he was a kid and it seems he's grasped it.

He might be a very different person, coming out of all this, and maybe a very different player too.

i dont see how this affair would leave any person unchanged.
i kind of like the new improved gasquet. now if they will just let him play

Schu
06-26-2009, 05:33 PM

it does seem out of character for him to be talking about not taking coke
in such a public way. despite my take that this is bordering on going the wrong way I think his talking can only help. Throw every idea out there and maybe something will stick, he is a likable person that alone will help him

i just dont want people to think he is throwing mud at any one to save himself.;)
:haha: that is probably the angle that works the best in a court of law.
go for it richie! i dont think he is throwing mud , people, but if it works we are talking about his career and life you have to defend yourself

Actually I think from what I've read - thanks to all the translation help - Richard is being very careful not to throw mud. Sounds like he's pissed at Pamela and thinks She is the key but still is not openly accusing her.

ANd yes he looks SOOO much more confident in all his recent interviews and the last muskeeteers video. TO me that is the most convincing thing - for someone like RIchie who is naturally uncomfortable if front of cameras and microphones it would be almost impossible for him to look so confident and relaxed if he were not speaking the truth and at peace with himself.

He just needs to take this confidence back on the tennis court when he returns in a few weeks (I'm going with the positive vibes theory here).

Schu
06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
i kind of like the new improved gasquet.

Moi aussi! This confident man is even MORE attractive and I imagine would be a boost to his game if he can get out on that court.

duong
06-26-2009, 05:40 PM

It is just too bad that it has to come down to Richard talking about his "good kissing" and a he said-she said situation with Pamela - yes the soap opera continues...

yes it's strange and bad, but then ? :shrug:

if it's the truth, what else can he say ?

I still don't understand at all your reactions :confused:

The fact that something is squalid doesn't prove anything about it being wrong.

If you catch an illness (I wouldn't like to speak of Aids but then ... I guess the victims of AIDS received exactly the same reaction from people) because of something squalid, then you have to face it anyway.

Just keeping silent and letting it be would be better ?

It would be extremely coward imo.

Yes something else which is very strange to me : I've also read people accusing him that this explanation is "coward" ... I think the total opposite : shutting up because it's squalid and you're shameful would be totally coward ; pleading guilty when you're not would also be extremely coward.

Then just say it : the only reason saying that what he says is "coward" is assuming he lies and he's guilty :

you can believe that, but once again :

there are only two solutions : either he lies or not : if he doesn't lie, then there is no reason at all to say he's "coward".

If something squalid happens to you, you have to face it anyway. This is also a part of human's life.

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I think he is big time doomed with that defence. But hey what do I know.

It's been tried in the past to claim that someone has failed a doping test due to sexual contact and that failed. I guess though if he has a few experts speaking for him they can create an element of doubt.

duong
06-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Actually I think from what I've read - thanks to all the translation help - Richard is being very careful not to throw mud. Sounds like he's pissed at Pamela and thinks She is the key but still is not openly accusing her.

He doesn't "accuse" her : why this word ? anyway, even if she took cocain, she's not guilty of anything, she's not a professional sportswoman.

Why is it necessary that there's always someone guilty ?

I've read people speaking of a "plot" : THAT is what really seems totally crazy to me.

Puschkin
06-26-2009, 05:44 PM
It's been tried in the past to claim that someone has failed a doping test due to sexual contact and that failed.
Any references or quotes?

I think he is big time doomed with that defence.
And he seems to be more concerned with the complainte he launched than with the hearing_
Et j’irai jusqu’au bout de la plainte, même s’il y a cette échéance du 29 juin.

duong
06-26-2009, 05:46 PM
for someone like RIchie who is naturally uncomfortable if front of cameras and microphones it would be almost impossible for him to look so confident and relaxed if he were not speaking the truth and at peace with himself.

if you believe it's the truth then there's no reason to throw mud at this explanation :

either he lies and in that case he deserves mud for that,

or he doesn't, and then he just does what he has to do, and there's nothing to tell about him such as "this is strange and ugly".

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Any references or quotes?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/04/08/2009-04-08_coke_cop_says_oral_sex_to_blame_for_dirty_test_ judge_sniffs_at_case.html

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/weird/Cop-Blames-Failed-Drug-Test-on-Oral-Sex.html

it's not in the context of sport but still worries me.

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/steve-young/2004/06/coca-tea-defense-ok-failed-drug-test

He should try this argument instead. Ok I'm jesting with this one but what worries me is that he is pinning all his hopes on this and what if it isn't the reason he tested positive. Maybe he got contaminated some other way? I hope they are looking into everything.

marina36
06-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I agree with you. He looks very very confident and it's good to see him like this...
I'm positive for the hearing.

Tomorrow, I will go in holidays; I hope during my trip, I will hear some good news... ;)

duong
06-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Maybe he got contaminated some other way?

Which way ? Just tell me.

As I don't have any other possible explanation, either he's guilty or it is the explanation.

I hope they are looking into everything.

Of course they do ! he has very strong supports like Lagardere : if they don't find anything else, then nobody can.

Anyway, I can see that many of you speak about the "best way to defend" :

I'm no lawyer, I'm not interested in that law mud, I'm only interested in truth or not-truth.

Puschkin
06-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the references, Cloudygirl, but the information is hardly comparable. The threshold under US-law is higher, if I am correctly informed, and the person was found positive on a hair test.

As for your "alternative strategy": it seems as if Richard searches for the truth, not for strategies.

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 06:21 PM
but Hingis got banned with a lesser amount of metabolite in her urine than Richie and her defence which was pretty much unknown contamination (although she did question the reliabilty of the testing itself which Richie hasn't as far as I know) was dismissed.

Schu
06-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Which way ? Just tell me.

As I don't have any other possible explanation, either he's guilty or it is the explanation.

Of course they do ! he has very strong supports like Lagardere : if they don't find anything else, then nobody can.

Anyway, I can see that many of you speak about the "best way to defend" :

I'm no lawyer, I'm not interested in that law mud, I'm only interested in truth or not-truth.

In the IDEAL world the truth should always win and justice prevail but unfortunately we live in anything but an ideal world. I assume his attorneys know that all too well also.

Richard knows what he did and didn't do and is therefore ready to fight to the end - hopefully justice will prevail but it wouldn't be the first time that it doesn't. (oops I didn't say that - I'm only spreading positive vibes).

Puschkin
06-26-2009, 06:27 PM
I am sorry to repeat myself: Hingis retired immediately after she was tested positive. It gave them a perfect opportunity to show their toughness, knowing that she had ended her career. She did not appeal. And to all what I know she did not launch a police investigation either.

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 06:28 PM
In the IDEAL world the truth should always win and justice prevail but unfortunately we live in anything but an ideal world. I assume his attorneys know that all too well also.

Richard knows what he did and didn't do and is therefore ready to fight to the end - hopefully justice will prevail but it wouldn't be the first time that it doesn't. (oops I didn't say that - I'm only spreading positive vibes).
the thing is, you haven't just got to be innocent, you've got to prove that you're innocent because with the positive sample he is looking guilty.

I absolutely wish him the best I really do but I'm not feeling positive about it. He has to prove lack of fault and if he doesn't know how he got contaminated how can he do that?

147. Second, pursuant to Article M.2 of the Programme, the Tribunal is obliged to
impose on the player a period of ineligibility of two years, subject to her
opportunity, before it is imposed, to establish the basis for eliminating or
reducing the sanction as provided in Article M.5. The player did indeed seek to
rely on Article M.5.1 (No Fault or Negligence) and Article M.5.2 (No
Significant Fault or Negligence).
148. The terms “No Fault or Negligence”, and “No Significant Fault or Negligence”
are defined in Appendix One to the Programme, and have been considered by
the CAS in its case law. However, in the case of both Article M.5.1 and M.5.2
the player must, in a case involving a doping offence under Article C.1,
“establish how the Prohibited Substance entered his or her system”. This
requirement has also been considered by the CAS in case law relied upon by
the ITF. The player accepted at para 3 of her written particulars of facts relied
on under Article M.5 that she must establish how the prohibited substance
entered her system.
149. At para 16 of the same document the player invited the Tribunal to accept as the
most likely explanation the consumption of drink, food, a supplement or
medication that contained cocaine or its principal metabolite. However, she
issued that invitation to the Tribunal not because she could give specific
evidence from her personal knowledge of such consumption, but on the basis
that it should be inferred from the player’s assertion – which we are invited to
accept – that the player did not take cocaine deliberately.
150. In oral closing submissions (see T2, p.167) Mr Morton-Hooper stated: “it is
absolutely right to say that she is unable to give you a specific explanation of
how, if it be the case, this substance entered her body. All she can do is explain
to you the care that she has always taken with her career to make sure she
doesn't take anything which may give rise to a positive drugs test.”
151. Mr Taylor for the ITF submitted that the player must show by positive
evidence, not merely speculation or deduction from a protestation of innocence,
how the substance entered the player’s system; and must show that the innocent
explanation advanced was more likely than not to be the correct one; and that to
discharge that burden the player must show the factual circumstances in which
the prohibited substance entered her system and not merely the route of
administration.

from the Hingis transcript

Schu
06-26-2009, 07:06 PM
the thing is, you haven't just got to be innocent, you've got to prove that you're innocent because with the positive sample he is looking guilty.

Yep that's the problem - that's why I said the truth/justice might not prevail.

So Pamela or somebody better "fess up" quick.

I know the positive sample is evidence of guilt that it was IN his system but I'm still hoping they go with a reasonable doubt burden of proof as to how it could have entered his system - hoping he can provide more reasonable doubt than Hingis. But as I said this wouldn't be the first time the truth wasn't good enough proof. Yes HIngis claimed the same thing but if I remember she didn't go to the lengths Richard has to discover how it could have happened.

All of which brings me back to the absurd rule in the first place... but don't get me strted on THAT again.

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Yep that's the problem - that's why I said the truth/justice might not prevail.

So Pamela or somebody better "fess up" quick.

I know the positive sample is evidence of guilt that it was IN his system but I'm still hoping they go with a reasonable doubt burden of proof as to how it could have entered his system. But as I said this wouldn't be the first time the truth wasn't good enough proof.

It's a strict liability offence unless he proves mitigating circumstances and you have to show that it is more likely than not. So thats at least not like a criminal burden of proof.

duong
06-26-2009, 07:30 PM
As tennis fans, you can wish that Gasquet is not suspended for two years, I understand that.

But :

1. you are not lawyers then there's no way you can know better than Gasquet's lawyers how to defend that, then it's totally useless imo to say "oh it's a stupid defense" and so on : his lawyers are not stupid, they know better than you

2. as "normal people", it's normal that you have an opinion or a judgment on Gasquet's person and about the truth.

I just say this : imagine he's innocent, since the kiss is the reason.

This defense may be uneffective on court, it's very possible or likely, since as you said justice is not, unfortunately, about truth or not-truth.

OK. But then ... he may be suspended, OK.

But then ... imagine you in his position : don't you think it's even worse when, more than the suspension, you also have to face people's personal judgment ?

And this personal judgment is not necessarily the same as the law's one. Since as you said, law is not at all about truth or fairness, unfortunately.

You may have your own judgment, I mean a judgment not oriented by procedures and so on ...

If you think he's guilty anyway, then he's guilty and then he lies, but the fact is that there are not three ways : either he lies and is guilty, or he tells the truth.

If you believe he says the truth, then imagine yourself in his position, and then don't add a judgment like "squalid" or "ugly" to something which is already quite hard.

The fact is that there are innocent people who are convicted.

I would never want to be one, and I would never judge a person in that position, saying "he's ugly" : he just does his best, and that's all.

duong
06-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Yes HIngis claimed the same thing but if I remember she didn't go to the lengths Richard has to discover how it could have happened.

if she was innocent and she didn't go to these "lengths", then she was the one who was wrong and coward.

Shutting up would be coward in that case.

Or rather she was unmotivated about playing tennis anymore...

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 07:45 PM
if she was innocent and she didn't go to these "lengths", then she was the one who was wrong and coward.

Shutting up would be coward in that case.

Or rather she was unmotivated about playing tennis anymore...

Could she do what he has done though. A mechanism doesn't exist in UK law where you can ask the police to launch such an investigation like it obviously does in French law, does it in Swiss law? You could go to the police I guess and report your contamination as a crime but I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't get much police time.

So she could maybe have gone down the avenue of private investigators at great expense but what was the point at her age when her career was almost over anyway.

As for lawyers, I'm sure Richard has the best lawyers in the field of sports drugs bans that money can buy but lawyers still aren't always effective and don't always win.

I'm sure he is in a terrible position. I never said he wasn't. The personal shame of it is worst of all I imagine. Hard on his parents too but the people in this thread are his fans noone is having a go at him about it.

Puschkin
06-26-2009, 07:56 PM
The personal shame of it is worst of all I imagine.

Did you hear what he said what asked if he was ashamed? He said, no that was not it. I am not ashamed, as I know I have not taken the stuff and my conscience is with me.

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Did you hear what he said what asked if he was ashamed? He said, no that was not it. I am not ashamed, as I know I have not taken the stuff and my conscience is with me.

I didn't say I thought he had anything to be ashamed of. If he hasn't done it he hasn't. I've said before I believe him. So maybe shame is the wrong word I think notoriety is a better word but that has to be pretty crap. To know that even if he becomes the GOAT that his name is going to be linked with cocaine use and if I was him even though i could live with it myself because I knew I hadn't done it, it would upset me because of my parents.

duong
06-26-2009, 08:07 PM

I think she means people put shame on him, and this is true :

if he's innocent, he has his conscience for himself, but yet, the public shame he cannot totally avoid : you have some resistance but yet ... it's still there and hurtful (remember for instance he was hurt about Leconte's words)

duong
06-26-2009, 08:10 PM
As for lawyers, I'm sure Richard has the best lawyers in the field of sports drugs bans that money can buy but lawyers still aren't always effective and don't always win.

Of course, they don't always win, but yet, that's life : it's certain we can't do better ourselves :shrug:

Schu
06-26-2009, 08:12 PM
But then ... imagine you in his position : don't you think it's even worse when, more than the suspension, you also have to face people's personal judgment ?

And this personal judgment is not necessarily the same as the law's one. Since as you said, law is not at all about truth or fairness, unfortunately.

You may have your own judgment, I mean a judgment not oriented by procedures and so on ...

If you think he's guilty anyway, then he's guilty and then he lies, but the fact is that there are not three ways : either he lies and is guilty, or he tells the truth.

If you believe he says the truth, then imagine yourself in his position, and then don't add a judgment like "squalid" or "ugly" to something which is already quite hard.

I would never want to be one, and I would never judge a person in that position, saying "he's ugly" : he just does his best, and that's all.

I don't think anyone on this forum, at least those who have posted is judging Richard. We do believe in him, support him and really are not trying to second guess his legal counsel. I think many of us just don't see how he is going to PROVE his innocence. We don't know all the facts nor what his lawyers have planned but he and the press have published just enough info to get us worried that he may not have the smoking gun needed to get him off and that is basically all we are saying.

We so badly want him to clear his name and get on with his life. I would never want to be in his position for a second and I admire the way he seems to be dealing with it. He knows that his conscience is clear and with that he seems to be motivated to do whatever he needs to do.

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 08:12 PM
I think she means people put shame on him, and this is true :

if he's innocent, he has his conscience for himself, but yet, the public shame he cannot totally avoid : you have some resistance but yet ... it's still there and hurtful (remember for instance he was hurt about Leconte's words)

yes that is exactly what I mean. It is horrible for him. I hate that he has to go through that I bet he has grown up very quickly in the last 6 weeks or so.

emilie
06-26-2009, 08:22 PM
I wonder if the lawyer can object this: There is no doping in this case as he did not play.
Cocaïne outside competition is not forbidden so it means that WADA accept that cocaïne do not help improving performance when you do not play. It is useful when you use it before a match not during training. Richard did not play so obviously he could not have improved his performance.
This plus the scientic fact that he has not taking a trail of cocaïne but only 4mg ( which is 1/30 of a trail) should be enough for the tribunal not to give him 2 years of ban.
If they do, it is just bad justice, I am sorry, or they want to make an example.
But he still have the appeal so he might end up with 15 month.

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I wonder if the lawyer can object this: There is no doping in this case as he did not play.
Cocaïne outside competition is not forbidden so it means that WADA accept that cocaïne do not help improving performance when you do not play. It is useful when you use it before a match not during training. Richard did not play so obviously he could not have improved his performance.
This plus the scientic fact that he has not taking a trail of cocaïne but only 4mg ( which is 1/30 of a trail) should be enough for the tribunal not to give him 2 years of ban.
If they do, it is just bad justice, I am sorry, or they want to make an example.
But he still have the appeal so he might end up with 15 month.

it was considered in competition though. I guess if someone slipped up in not withdrawing him on time they could use that. Very tough though. I am just hoping for 3 months in whcih case he would be back soon.

duong
06-26-2009, 08:27 PM

yes from what I understood, apart from the kissing point, there's a very important matter about that, because this would decide if it's 3 months or 2 years.

if it was apart from competition 3 months.

else 2 years.

I don't know more precisely about that but it seems that it's also very complicated about that as he withdrew only on saturday morning :rolleyes:

some people can tell you more about that :rolleyes:

tennis lover
06-26-2009, 08:54 PM
I've given up on trying to predict what is going to happen to him to be honest. :shrug: Anything could happen really, I guess it depends on how harsh they want to be and whether or not they will try to make an example out of him. :awww: Thankfully the tribunal is on Monday so we should know for definite soon enough. :D I'll be glad to see the back of the rumours and speculation and to see Richie back on court. :dance:

reggie1
06-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Francois, nobody on here is judging Richard, honestly. We all "speculate" like we do because we are trying to come up with scenarios which lead to a happy ending. We are all just so desperate for him to clear his name. It's not that I disbelieve Richard. I genuinely believe that he did not knowingly ingest Cocaine, I just meant that I had never heard (and really there is no reason why I should as I am certainly no expert, hey, what do I know?!:lol:) of a drug test coming back as positive because of kissing. I have read some "experts" who say it is utterly impossible and others that say it is very possible, so I don't actually know what to think or believe regarding this. I also think that if drug tests could prove positive from kissing a drug user, there must be lots of other atheletes who would find themselves in this situation ( I doubt many young boys vet potential kissing partners :lol:) too and surely WADA will understand this and show some leniency.
I really don't think that Richard decided to just snort a line for the hell of it but I do wonder if his drink was spiked or maybe he ingested it unknowingly in some other way, that's why I have questioned the kissing theory, but he obviously believes that this is how it has happened. Whatever, he has the full support of everybody on this board. To be quite honest, even if he had taken it knowingly, I would still support him. Whilst I do not condone drug taking I think he is young and every one experiments and makes mistakes. He is also of a different generation to myself and I realise that drugs do not have quite the taboo that they did when I was a youngster. Please don't get the impression that we have taken against him because it really is not the case.

duong
06-26-2009, 09:25 PM
We all "speculate" like we do because we are trying to come up with scenarios which lead to a happy ending.

I am not as optimistic for that, but as you saw, it was not really my point.

I genuinely believe that he did not knowingly ingest Cocaine, I just meant that I had never heard (and really there is no reason why I should as I am certainly no expert, hey, what do I know?!:lol:) of a drug test coming back as positive because of kissing. I have read some "experts" who say it is utterly impossible and others that say it is very possible, so I don't actually know what to think or believe regarding this.

I had not heard about it either before, however from what I read, now I think it's possible.

And more importantly, I think either it's this or he lies.
I can see no other case. He says he has not left his glass all night especially, even saying that Pamela had lied when she had said that he had left his glass to go dancing : from the photos in the dancing it seems that he didn't go dancing actually.

Personally I have not at all given up the opinion that he may lie.
Actually I really thought he was guilty in the beginning, guilty in the sense that he was conscious that he had taken cocain (for instance with the girl), however one may judge it (it's at least a big mistake).

However I was more convinced by the recent elements.

Now 70% I believe it's that. Other 30% is he lies. But 0.01% for the rest in my mind.

I also think that if drug tests could prove positive from kissing a drug user, there must be lots of other atheletes who would find themselves in this situation ( I doubt many young boys vet potential kissing partners :lol:).

yes it's a concern. However it totally depends on which drug, how and when :shrug:

and surely WADA will understand this and show some leniency.

I quite don't think so ... for that peculiar reason what you said before : if they don't have VERY reliable elements about this possibility, I think they will not be lenient because they would be afraid that many sportsmen used that argument.

I really don't think that Richard decided to just snort a line for the hell of it but I do wonder if his drink was spiked or maybe he ingested it unknowingly in some other way, that's why I have questioned the kissing theory, but he obviously believes that this is how it has happened..

yes he says he didn't leave his glass. And if he had, I think he would have used that argument.

Please don't get the impression that we have taken against him because it really is not the case.

I don't think so but I don't like the arguments like "it's too squalid and strange : it CANNOT be that" which I thought I had read.

And also I don't like when people say that they know better than him : no he knows better and he has a support with people who have far more information than us.

Yes only some experts spoke about that possibility, but still some did then why we would know better than them ?

Cheers :)

reggie1
06-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Francois, apart from you and David, it's all women on here so naturally, we are "experts" on everything in life! :lol: :hug:

duong
06-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Francois, apart from you and David, it's all women on here so naturally, we are "experts" on everything in life! :lol: :hug:

Men are exactly the same and even worse I think ;)

Cloudygirl
06-26-2009, 09:33 PM

I'm saying nothing.

What really concerns me is how risky this is. If they accept that as an argument then they are going to get anyone who has taken drugs saying it is because of some kissing related incident you are opening this enormous bag of worms. They aren't going to be keen on that when they are taking such a harsh drugs stance. I honestly wonder why they are doing it. Maybe he is insisting on it if it is what he really thinks happens. I just hope they know what they are doing.

Maybe he genuinely doesn't think he left his glass but he did. I spent an hour looking for my keys last night and I would have sworn on my life I hadn't been upstairs but I clearly had because they were on the landing. It doesn't take much alcohol to impede your awareness (mine wasn't alcohol related though I think it's my age or something bit worrying senility setting in pre 30 but anyway).

But on that note I will stop speculating and shut up.

reggie1
06-26-2009, 09:48 PM
That's kind of what I wondered, I have never doubted that he did not take it knowingly, just if it could have happened another way without him realising it maybe. But as you say Tori, who really knows.
Still, not long to go now, Monday looms!

Schu
06-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I just tried to "read" the article - really bored at work. Anyway I didn't realize the tribunal was in London - what a bummer to be there during Wimbledon! TO think that this time last year he was there and one game away from beating Murray, wasn't it on the second Monday as well? Hope this hearing turns out better than that match and he doesn't cave in the end.

duong
06-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I honestly wonder why they are doing it. Maybe he is insisting on it if it is what he really thinks happens. I just hope they know what they are doing.

Come on, he has Lagardere's lawyers : they are thousands times better than all of us !

I have to say I'm not optimistic at all, I agree with your arguments about that.

But I don't "wonder" why they do that : they do that because it's the best way, there's too much involved including all Lagardere's investments :rolleyes:

Lemon Custard
06-27-2009, 05:09 AM
It doesn't take much alcohol to impede your awareness (mine wasn't alcohol related though I think it's my age or something bit worrying senility setting in pre 30 but anyway).

Don't worry. I read the other day that physically your ability to create and hold on to memories begins to decline at 28... Scary isn't it!

Anyway! This is all so stressful. On one hand I'm glad the hearing is finally here, and regardless of the result, he can know his fate and get on with his life, but on the other hand, I'm worried they will punish him in the extreme to, as others have said, make an example of him. My hope is a 6 month ban maximum. Then he can keep training and he will be able to maintain this determination he's developed, which as far as I can see, is the only positive of the whole affair.

nicky_1986
06-27-2009, 08:56 AM
He will be going to London for the hearing, right???

Eliande
06-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Don't worry. I read the other day that physically your ability to create and hold on to memories begins to decline at 28... Scary isn't it!

Oh my goodness... What's my name??????:confused:

reggie1
06-27-2009, 01:22 PM
He will be going to London for the hearing, right???
Yes, I wondered why London, is it WDA's HQ or something? I hope the whole thing won't have to be conducted in English, that will freak him out even before he gets there!:o

but-it's-ok
06-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Just to say I'll be thinking of Richie and all of his fans on here whilst the hearing takes place tomorrow. Its gonna be stressful for all,:hug::hug::hug: for everyone.

It goes without saying I hope it goes as well as possible for him;)

scmom
06-28-2009, 04:45 PM
been out of town for a few days
but now am back
and hoping that this tribunal goes well for Richard
I am trying to be positive and hope that the suspension will be a short one

hope to see Richard back on the courts very soon

good luck , Richard!

Tess Gray
06-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh my goodness... What's my name??????:confused:
:rolls::p Luckily I'm not 28 yet.

Good luck tomorrow Richard. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I'm already missing you and it's only been a few months :sad: Please dont get a 2 year ban!! Bonne chance pour demain:bounce:

Cloudygirl
06-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Good luck tomorrow Richard. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I'm already missing you and it's only been a few months :sad: Please dont get a 2 year ban!! Bonne chance pour demain:bounce:

:yeah:

+1
can't add anything to that.

Dini
06-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Good luck Richie. :sobbing:

reggie1
06-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Best of luck Richard, we will all still support you whatever the outcome.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Good luck Richard. Whatever happens stay strong and true to yourself.

Schu
06-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Good luck Richard. Whatever happens stay strong and true to yourself.

:yeah:

And no matter what happens know that your fans are with you.

It's gonna be really hard for me to watch the Monday matches knowing what Richie is doing and knowing this time last year he was making Murray look clueless on Center COurt (for 2 4/5 sets, anyway :)).

Gasquetno.1
06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Good luck, Richard :)

~*BGT*~
06-28-2009, 10:25 PM
He gave a long interview in Le Parisien thie morning.
Sorry I do not have time for translation. He jsut said that there are some incoherence in what Paemla said to him and to the press. He wants to meet her again faced to faced but she refused lately and also wants her to face a hair test to detect if she used cocaine. He is determined to know the answer.
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/gasquet-je-veux-une-confrontation-avec-pamela-26-06-2009-560487.php

I read that article in the airport on Sunday. Ugh.... this whole.... THING is sooooooooooo embarassing. :o

Mais... bonne chance pour demain Richou. Nous sommes avec toi!! :bounce:

case
06-28-2009, 10:55 PM
over on gm some comment about possible live feed on hearing. anyone else hear anything?

i would love to see it.
well, really i would love that it would never have had to take place
but the world is cruel

Cloudygirl
06-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I think it is behind closed doors so there wouldn't be a feed

PinkFeatherBoa
06-29-2009, 01:24 AM
That would be too weird for me, can't say that I'd want to watch proceedings. Someone also suggested that they could go in the Court and watch. Imagine that, this time last year I was watching him play that unmentionable Murray match on Centre Court at Wimbledon, this year I could be watching him 'live' fight for his name/career continuation. :( How times change...

Jozie
06-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Be courageous Richard. We believe in you.
See you back on court soon. :)

krn81
06-29-2009, 09:43 AM
According to the French newspapers this morning, the place of the audience is secret and it could go until until tomorrow.
This verdict can be given tomorrow evening as the 10th of july.
Dominguez hopes for some leniency.
2 years will be definitely really severe since it is cleared he did not try to dope himself.

Naina
06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Best wishes to Richie:hug:. Hope is doing alright.

Puschkin
06-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Those commentators on Wimby TV are total idiots. I am right now watching Djokovic/Sela and they spoke about Richard. One said that he is waiting for the B-sample and the other said he was banned for two years.
This is outrageous from both. Get the facts straight, guys, otherwise just shut up. :mad:

Keijan
06-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Recap vid in l'équipe.fr : http://video.lequipe.fr/video/iLyROoafMUy5.html (only archives pics)

Stuff I didn't know : he has to defend himself in front of three judges. He's planning to show them the MRI scan he did the afternoon before the party to proove there was no way he was planning to play the day after (since that story about not retiring in time is one of the dark points.)
We won't know anything before two weeks from now.

over on gm some comment about possible live feed on hearing. anyone else hear anything?

This is complete bullshit. They're not even allowed to take pictures during a hearing, and that's why you always get drawings by artists of the inside of a lawsuit. This is justice and this is serious business, not exactly something you do to entertain the fans and feed them with salacious details. Thank god Richard still has the right to keep private what happened. For my part, I only want to hear from him and the medias that his ban won't exceed 3 months.

Puschkin
06-29-2009, 03:30 PM
This is complete bullshit. They're not even allowed to take pictures during a hearing, and that's why you always get drawings by artists of the inside of a lawsuit. This is justice and this is serious business, not exactly something you do to entertain the fans and feed them with salacious details.
:yeah: I could not agree more.

Schu
06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
This is complete bullshit. They're not even allowed to take pictures during a hearing, and that's why you always get drawings by artists of the inside of a lawsuit. This is justice and this is serious business, not exactly something you do to entertain the fans and feed them with salacious details. Thank god Richard still has the right to keep private what happened. For my part, I only want to hear from him and the medias that his ban won't exceed 3 months.

Totally agree - it's not a circus although at times it began to look like one. I actually thought the person on GM who mentioned live stream was being sarcastic.

However in the US we have had some very famous trials on TV - O.J. Simpson for one. I must admit I watched some of that long ago as did TONS of people in the US but it really was sad how something so serious became entertainment for the masses. But then again that's America...

Richie is probably finished by now - hope he and his team were convincing. Bet he's glad it's over and now he waits...

Cloudygirl
06-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Totally agree - it's not a circus although at times it began to look like one. I actually thought the person on GM who mentioned live stream was being sarcastic.

However in the US we have had some very famous trials on TV - O.J. Simpson for one. I must admit I watched some of that long ago as did TONS of people in the US but it really was sad how something so serious became entertainment for the masses. But then again that's America...

Richie is probably finished by now - hope he and his team were convincing. Bet he's glad it's over and now he waits...
Good luck to Richie for today. And I agree with the above. I don't need to know the juicy gossip I need to know when he will be back on a tennis court.

tennisfan444
06-29-2009, 05:49 PM
I hope hes okay. What a nightmare! Without him, Wimby isn't worth watching. Hes so much better then those clowns out there now. Not to mention, a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better dresser then Fed!

Keijan
06-29-2009, 06:04 PM

Yes, I believe stuff like that would never happen in Europe (at least in France I'm sure of it, and I strongly hope so as far as Great Britain is concerned.) It's exactly what you said, it's not a circus nor reality TV, which it would become if the hearing was made public or live. It's probably hard enough for Richard that everyone is commentating about his taste in women or his "credulity", so... let's respect the little that he has left.

but-it's-ok
06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Good luck to Richie for today. And I agree with the above. I don't need to know the juicy gossip I need to know when he will be back on a tennis court.

Indeed Tori-my sentiments exactly;)

Cloudygirl
06-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes, I believe stuff like that would never happen in Europe (at least in France I'm sure of it, and I strongly hope so as far as Great Britain is concerned.) It's exactly what you said, it's not a circus nor reality TV, which it would become if the hearing was made public or live. It's probably hard enough for Richard that everyone is commentating about his taste in women or his "credulity", so... let's respect the little that he has left.

It depends on the type of court Marion. The public can sit in on criminal proceedings, some family law proceedings and employment law tribunals in the UK.

I would expect a tribunal like that to be private and well behind closed doors though.

case
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
i think the only courts that should be private are those conserning juveniles.

certainly some trials become a circus, but without an open judicial system you have the makings for no just judicial system. if the court is just what is to hide?
i dont think WADA is just anyway, but for any trial or hearing to keep secret its process is just scary.

i have been to several trials here and they were fascinating. as a college student in case you were wondering!

of course i think wada has no legal standing so... but still how do we know what transpired? just because they said it happened this way? a load of crock

Cloudygirl
06-29-2009, 07:06 PM
i think the only courts that should be private are those conserning juveniles.

certainly some trials become a circus, but without an open judicial system you have the makings for no just judicial system. if the court is just what is to hide?
i dont think WADA is just anyway, but for any trial or hearing to keep secret its process is just scary.

i have been to several trials here and they were fascinating. as a college student in case you were wondering!

of course i think wada has no legal standing so... but still how do we know what transpired? just because they said it happened this way? a load of crock

thats why you have a court reporter and a transcript of the proceedings. Whether or not the public will ever have access to it is another question but I bet one will exist.

I've been to trials too.

Keijan
06-29-2009, 07:20 PM
It depends on the type of court Marion. The public can sit in on criminal proceedings, some family law proceedings and employment law tribunals in the UK.

I would expect a tribunal like that to be private and well behind closed doors though.

You're right, I didn't express myself well, sorry. I meant I never saw trials being filmed and live on national tv, but of course in a lot of cases the public can sit and attend a trial, because justice has to be, uh, under the eye of the citizens too (I wrote an essay about that earlier in the year :lol: I've been to one trial myself, but it was about people who were badly driving so nothing too juicy haha.)

Still I think that in Richard's case it will be an "huis-clos", I have no idea of the english word, like nobody is allowed inside but the judges, the victim, the accusation and the defense and behind closed doors. It is definitely not broadcasted on TV, which I think would have nothing to do with the citizens controlling the rightness of justice. I can't even imagine all the medias starting to second guessing each and every of Richard's words and gestures for months. It would be a complete nightmare.

What is a WADA ?

Cloudygirl
06-29-2009, 07:50 PM
You're right, I didn't express myself well, sorry. I meant I never saw trials being filmed and live on national tv, but of course in a lot of cases the public can sit and attend a trial, because justice has to be, uh, under the eye of the citizens too (I wrote an essay about that earlier in the year :lol: I've been to one trial myself, but it was about people who were badly driving so nothing too juicy haha.)

Still I think that in Richard's case it will be an "huis-clos", I have no idea of the english word, like nobody is allowed inside but the judges, the victim, the accusation and the defense and behind closed doors. It is definitely not broadcasted on TV, which I think would have nothing to do with the citizens controlling the rightness of justice. I can't even imagine all the medias starting to second guessing each and every of Richard's words and gestures for months. It would be a complete nightmare.

What is a WADA ?

Closed court. Yeah I agree I think it will be more like an employment tribunal room than a court. (except closed).

Wada is the world anti doping agency.

case
06-29-2009, 08:20 PM
thats why you have a court reporter and a transcript of the proceedings. Whether or not the public will ever have access to it is another question but I bet one will exist.

I've been to trials too.

in america we have had some trials that were handled very badly including mishandling by judges, jurors, and attorneys. transcripts are after the fact. getting a verdict overturned here is next to impossible. you not only have to show that you are innocent but you have to prove who did it. this is even for capital (murder etc.) cases. that is a terrible burden
maybe we are more suspicious, but rightly so. there has been errors and tampering with court documents
i have friends in the aclu. they are very adamant about open court rooms.

i would like gasquet's open. it would look ridiculous for them to be looking at medical reports that showed he couldnt play but the wada system to say he was still in competition. so he gets the BIG punishment even though he didnt play.
I think the sheer ridiculousness of when are you still in competition, can you get positive results from other places, etc, would make the WADA group out to be vindictive and with an agenda.

i think that it is private to protect themselves (WADA) not the players.
an open court would get a lot more publicity and in this case a lot more negative feed back about WADA. at some point they should be made to change their rules. doing all this behind closed doors lets WADA get away with so much more.

ok now i will shut up!

Schu
06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
you not only have to show that you are innocent but you have to prove who did it. this is even for capital (murder etc.) cases. i have friends in the aclu. they are very adamant about open court rooms.

i would like gasquet's open. it would look ridiculous for them to be looking at medical reports that showed he couldnt play but the wada system to say he was still in competition.

i think that it is private to protect themselves (WADA) not the players.
an open court would get a lot more publicity and in this case a lot more negative feed back about WADA. at some point they should be made to change their rules. doing all this behind closed doors lets WADA get away with so much more.

ok now i will shut up!

Agree with you about how absurd the WADA in and out of competition rules are but there is a difference between an open courtroom where people can watch and having a hearing/trial on national TV. Suppose RIchard or anyone else had private medical or other documents - should they be on TV for all to see? And does the whole world need to know what he and some woman did or did not do?

Actually in the US, even in a criminal case you don't have to prove who did it. The prosecution has to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the defendant did it (the old innocent until proven guilty theory with the burden of proof on the one bringing the charges). If this were the burden of proof for RIchard he might be O.K. There is no doubt he had cocaine in his sample BUT I believe there is a VERY reasonable doubt that he knowingly took the banned substance but WADA has it's own rules and it isn't this.

Finished my law lesson... now COME ON STAN!!!!! Stan just broke back and held for 3-3 in the 5th!!! And I'm not sure who is more annoying, Andy or mama Judy. I know where he gets his annoying yell from now.

case
06-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Agree with you about how absurd the WADA in and out of competition rules are but there is a difference between an open courtroom where people can watch and having a hearing/trial on national TV. Suppose RIchard or anyone else had private medical or other documents - should they be on TV for all to see? And does the whole world need to know what he and some woman did or did not do?

Actually in the US, even in a criminal case you don't have to prove who did it.The prosecution has to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that the defendant did it (the old innocent until proven guilty theory with the burden of proof on the one bringing the charges).
i was talking about appealing or overturning a guilty verdict where the standard changes dramatically
which is also why it is important to get the original trial right.

so the wada hearing can admit those docs off camera. that would protect certain rights of privacy

i guess i am the lone voice here for a pulbic wada:sad: oh well.

sorry about stan. i was hoping he would win too. i try to like murray but sometimes it is hard.
stan's backhand still isnt as nice as gasquets!

Schu
06-29-2009, 11:51 PM
sorry about stan. i was hoping he would win too. i try to like murray but sometimes it is hard.

Yep, 100% for both... I can't believe Stan missed that sitter forehand on game point in the 5th. It was a good match, just didn't turn out the "right" way.

And sorry I didn't properly read your comments about appeal/overtuning verdicts (had one eye on Murray/Stan):)...

WOnder if Richard finished today or has to go back for more tomorrow?? ANd wonder how long the WADA will keep him (and us) hanging?

orangehat
06-30-2009, 01:38 AM
i try to like murray but sometimes it is hard.

You musn't be in your right mind if you're trying to like Murray. :p :devil: Sorry Eim.~

Back on topic: Good luck Richie :sad:

case
06-30-2009, 03:05 AM
You musn't be in your right mind if you're trying to like Murray. :p :devil: Sorry Eim.~

Back on topic: Good luck Richie :sad:

someone has to:D
but you are right my mind hasnt been right for some time.

Puschkin
06-30-2009, 05:45 AM
True. It lacks the surprise element, but otherwise it is as close as it can get.

Keijan
06-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Not very interesting, but some news :

-According to french tv, the hearing wasn't only taking place yesterday but today too.

-Gilles Simon was asked if he was having a thought for Richard in those difficult times :

Avez-vous une pensée pour Richard Gasquet qui traverse des heures difficiles actuellement ?
C'est un moment difficile et délicat à gérer pour lui. Cela nous affecte aussi, on connaît Richard et cela me paraît incroyable ce qui est en train de se passer. J'espère que cela va bien se finir pour lui. Je ne sais pas comment, mais j'espère que cela va aller. On est derrière lui, mais on est spectateur comme tout le monde. Je lui ai juste envoyé un petit texto il y a deux jours pour lui dire qu'on était avec lui. »

He basically says it's a difficult moment for Richard. He's also very affected himself (actually he says "we" so I suppose he means himself and the other french players), because they know Richard well and they can't believe this is happening. He doesn't know how it's possible but he hopes for the best ending. They are behind him and supporting him. Gilles sent him a little text two days ago to tell him again that he was on his side but he can't do much more.

- Mario Widmer, ex manager of Hingis (and apparently her mother's husband too ?) says in l'équipe of this morning that Richard hasn't got the slightest chance. He doesn't know anything :o but he says that in this situation everything is decided before the hearing, no matter what the person says, and therefore Richard will get the highest punishment possible like Martina did. :o:o typical once again of the french medias who go to dig up the further possible people just to have something to write about.

Davodus
06-30-2009, 08:58 AM
that was nice of gilles to say that :)

thanks for the info marion :D

i hope it all works out ok...:sobbing: i don't even want to think 2 years

reggie1
06-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I went to Wimbledon yesterday (i'll post on the chat thread as I don't want to go off topic) but I watched Murray's match on Henman hill and thought how much Stan reminded me of Richard. They interviewed him before the match and he's really shy just like him and that backhand is incredibly similar.
I hope everything went well for him yesterday.

Keijan
06-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Stan is a close friend of Richie as well ;) I like him a lot too, he looks like a very soft-tempered and down to earth young man, and that backhand is something indeed.

case
06-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Stan is a close friend of Richie as well ;) I like him a lot too, he looks like a very soft-tempered and down to earth young man, and that backhand is something indeed.

thanks for info. poor stan in feds shadow and apparently doesnt get much respect from fed either.

wonder why two days for hearing. i am hoping gasquet's lawyers have a lot to say.

duong
06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
- Mario Widmer, ex manager of Hingis (and apparently her mother's husband too ?) says in l'équipe of this morning that Richard hasn't got the slightest chance. He doesn't know anything :o but he says that in this situation everything is decided before the hearing, no matter what the person says, and therefore Richard will get the highest punishment possible like Martina did. :o:o typical once again of the french medias who go to dig up the further possible people just to have something to write about.

I think he mainly gives a realistic opinion about the fact that these stories are more politics than "law" and that everything is decided before.

I think it's quite important to realize that, as I think people expect too much about the "audition" : the only important matter is the decision, what will be said during the audition we mainly know it already :shrug:

Then I don't think it's digging up people but rather preparing the fans to the decision.

Mario Widmer may be (I don't think so) wrong in the final decision, but I think he's right saying that it's more politics than law.

Anyway we wil have to accept the decision. Mario Ancic has had trouble because of illness for two years. Gasquet may also have a 2 years-breakdown in his carreer :sad:

Keijan
06-30-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm not too sure about that, duong. People who are saying "Hingis got two years, Gasquet had twice more coke in his blood than her, no way he will get less than two years" forget that it's a bit more complicated and the situations are different : Hingis had already decided to retire, she had given up on fighting so getting 3 months or 2 years wasn't much different to her. Richard is clearly fighting for his career, he has a plausible explanation to enhance the fact that he never tried to take coke (if only the girl would admit she took some) and I have a lot of hopes in that police investigation. I think he will get 2 years today for the "example", but when he will appeal he will have a lot more of evidence, and the punishment will be reduced, so let's stay optimistic ;)

Ils sont quand même allés le chercher loin, le Widmer... je ne vois pas du tout ce que ça apporte au cas de Gasquet, les deux situations étant quand même différentes.

Schu
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Two days for the hearing. I hope it's not as Hingis' manager said but I'm afraid he may be right. I don't know how hard Hingis' fought it, if I recall she wnet down without much of a fight but it looks like Richard is throwing everything he can at them - hopefully SOMETHING will convince them. No point in speculating about the decision but this whole WADA system seems flawed to me.

duong
06-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm not too sure about that, duong. People who are saying "Hingis got two years, Gasquet had twice more coke in his blood than her, no way he will get less than two years" forget that it's a bit more complicated and the situations are different : Hingis had already decided to retire, she had given up on fighting so getting 3 months or 2 years wasn't much different to her. Richard is clearly fighting for his career, he has a plausible explanation to enhance the fact that he never tried to take coke (if only the girl would admit she took some) and I have a lot of hopes in that police investigation. I think he will get 2 years today for the "example", but when he will appeal he will have a lot more of evidence, and the punishment will be reduced, so let's stay optimistic ;)

Ils sont quand même allés le chercher loin, le Widmer... je ne vois pas du tout ce que ça apporte au cas de Gasquet, les deux situations étant quand même différentes.

I'm more optimistic about a further appeal, if they can bring some new elements, I totally agree with you for that.

But as for this judgment, it's possible that the judgment is different from Hingis's ... but rather because politics (or rather it's "policy" maybe ?) would be different imo :shrug:

Once again, I think Widmer's opinion brings that "political" background.

As for the legal cases, I don't know enough about Hingis but my impression was that it was not so different.

krn81
06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
We will see soon but for sure it is political. I think if he got 2 years, first it is really severe as it is known that with this level he cant help him to improve his performance and he withdrawed from Miami and Monte Carlo.
Second, the sentence does not make a difference between "incident" and real doping process.
2 years should be only when it is for doping case.

It could also explain the reason why they went for police's help. Because if he got 2 years, it will cost money to some people and companies (and not only him). He is still bankable (and not everyone is friendly when money is in the middle).

But i am wondering what could happen if it happened to Nadal or Federer. Some players were complaining the anti doping rules, if they give him 2 years i am not sure it will give lot of credits to WADA.
The file Gasquet is really different than Hingis (she was tested positive during Wimbledon and wanted to retire already, I joined the article from Lequipe that Marion mentioned before).

We just need to wait it could tonight as in 2 weeks...

scmom
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM
The more I read about this , I think that WADA is going to give Richard the 2 year ban - no matter what he says in the hearing room . However , all hope is not lost - as with all the evidence there is a huge groundwork laid for appeal
and the appeal has a very good chance of reducing that sentence from 2 years to something much less - maybe 3 or 6 months . It does seem he is willing to fight this charge vigorously - not like Hingis - who retired rather than go in for an exhaustive appeal process.
Many athetes have had their drug sentences reduced based on appeal - WADA has to make a stand for keeping sports clean - but the individual cases in court change the hard line stand they have to take .
That is probably what will happen to Richard - just hope he has the will to fight for it - looks like he does , right now

On another note - I saw Richard and Stan play doubles in Indian Wells - They played very well together - Stan speaks french so communication was not a problem - and they beat Nestor and Zimonjic in a very good match
It was really fun to watch - Richard is a good doubles player - great hands and touch at the net
I hope we can see him back on the courts soon - I miss watching him play -

Cloudygirl
06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
We just don't know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

PinkFeatherBoa
06-30-2009, 06:53 PM
@ "We just don't know"

This is exactly why I've just stopped spectulating now, all I can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. We['ll see what happens. :shrug:

Puschkin
06-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Dernière audition pour GasquetC RMC.fr, le 30/06/2009

Contrôlé positif à la cocaïne en mars dernier, Richard Gasquet a été auditionné lundi et mardi par la Fédération internationale de tennis (ITF). Le verdict est attendu sous 14 jours.
C’est le silence radio. Rien n’est sorti des deux jours d’audition de Richard Gasquet devant le tribunal antidopage de la Fédération internationale de tennis (ITF). Le Français, qui était notamment accompagné de son agent, Nicolas Lamperin, devait achever de présenter sa défense en fin d'après-midi, aux alentours de 18 heures. Plus aucune audition n'est désormais prévue. Les trois experts du tribunal, un juriste et deux scientifiques, ont maintenant un délai maximum de 14 jours pour rendre leur décision. Mais celle-ci peut tomber à tout instant. Selon Lamperin, aucune communication ne sera faite d'ici là.

Contacté par RMC, Jean Gachassin, le président de la FFT, a assuré qu’il n’avait plus de contact avec Gasquet depuis l'annonce de son contrôle positif à la cocaïne. Il regrette simplement que l'ITF n'ait pas pris la peine d’envoyer une lettre à la fédération pour l'avertir que le joueur avait été contrôlé positif. De son côté, l'ITF refuse toute communication sur le sujet. Elle se contentera de publier un communiqué sur son site internet quand la décision sera rendue.

Il ne reste plus au Français qu’à attendre la décision finale… Mais pour Mario Widmer, l’ancien manager de Martina Hingis, elle-même convaincue d’avoir pris de la cocaïne en 2007, il n’a pas beaucoup d’illusions à se faire. Il ne pourra "obtenir justice que devant un tribunal civil" car il "n'a aucune chance devant une juridiction sportive" : « Les juges sont très gentils. Ils vous donnent l’impression d’avoir des doutes, de nous comprendre… Mais en fait, tout cela n’est qu’un cirque. Quand le tribunal commence, ils ont déjà le résultat. On peut y dire tout ce qu’on veut, cela ne change rien. Richard Gasquet va perdre car la justice sportive protège toujours le système de contrôle antidopage. Il lui reste toutefois une possibilité en faisant appel au tribunal civil. »

Source: http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/82543/derniere-audition-pour-gasquet/

Nothing new, a part from the fact that the last hearing was today around 6.00 pm and that no communication will be made, the ITF (not WADA?) will issue a statement via internet. And then the same pessimistc stuff from the Hingis case as already published in L'Equipe.

Cloudygirl
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Interesting seems Lagardere really are standing by Richie

http://www.rmc.fr/edito/sport/82726/lagardere-chasse-leconte/

tennisfan444
07-03-2009, 06:10 PM
I wish he was playing Sunday and not Andy so boring to watch I can't even stay awake Roddick. The only part of it I'm going to watch is when Roger is handed the trophy.

Grenouille
07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
So long to wait :(

EternalxJourney
07-03-2009, 11:37 PM
During today's Roddick-Murray match, the commentators on NBC kept mentioning Richie and how Murray came back from 2 sets down to beat Richie. :mad::mad::shout::armed: I wanted to tell them to get lost and quit talking about someone who isn't even there! Ugh. I'm sooo annoyed.

I can't wait to see Richie back on court. I have to believe that if Tommy, someone who is in the twilight of his career, can make to the SF of Wimbledon, Richie can do it as well. And perhaps he'll go two steps further and win the whole tournament!

reggie1
07-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I agree, Wimbly has been about the older generation, Roger is almost 28, Roddick 26, Hewitt 28 and Tommy Haas 31. I know it sounds crazy talking about guys in their 20's as the older generation but tennis is that kind of sport usually, but these older guys have done so well this year. I thought the Roddick/Hewitt match was a real thriller.

Cloudygirl
07-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Thing is tennis can turn on a knife edge anyone can come from nowhere and be a contender. The top 30 ish are so close in ability that what separates them mainly is work ethic, mental toughness and coaching techniques. Any one of them could win a slam if they got it all right for a fortnight.

Davodus
07-05-2009, 04:45 AM
this waiting for the verdict is frustrating :o

orangehat
07-05-2009, 04:49 AM
yea dave i agree it's frustrating. Probably more frustrating when he gets the verdict. :o

tufani
07-05-2009, 05:04 AM
this waiting for the verdict is frustrating :o

Frustrating indeed. One week of waiting left max.

Cloudygirl
07-05-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/lagardere-croit-en-gasquet_sto1993658/flashnews.shtml

this is all a bit vague and ambiguous. Still no news then.

Cin
07-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Il faut changer~

reggie1
07-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I wonder why Lagardere felt the need to say this? To say Richard needs to change his life and his personal life doesn't really help much does it? I'm sure there are many things that Richard needs to change but telling the press that isn't very supportive imo. (I did use Google translate so if I've read any of it wrong that is why)

Puschkin
07-06-2009, 09:03 AM
I wonder why Lagardere felt the need to say this? To say Richard needs to change his life and his personal life doesn't really help much does it? I'm sure there are many things that Richard needs to change but telling the press that isn't very supportive imo.

In another verson of this, Lagardère also said that he sent an sms to Richard about his presence in the player's box and saying he will be there for Richard, too.

I am well aware that Lagardère is a not much liked on tennis boards, but from all the public figures I have not seen anyone as steady in his loyalty as Lagardère, and certainly not by words only.

reggie1
07-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh thanks for clearing that up, I did use google translate and we all know how that can change the context of stuff :lol:

Puschkin
07-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh thanks for clearing that up, I did use google translate and we all know how that can change the context of stuff :lol:

Your translation was not wrong, though, he did mention necessary changes, but I felt that the context was nevertheless a supporting one.

OMG :rolleyes: How long does it take them to come up with a decision? Pure torture for Richard and to a lesser extent for us, too.

Davodus
07-06-2009, 11:06 AM
^^I know, really, this wait has been extremely long. Too long, I can't imagine what he is going through with the wait

reggie1
07-06-2009, 12:06 PM
What worries me is that they made their minds up even before he walked in the door. :sad:

Keijan
07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
In another verson of this, Lagardère also said that he sent an sms to Richard about his presence in the player's box and saying he will be there for Richard, too.

I am well aware that Lagardère is a not much liked on tennis boards, but from all the public figures I have not seen anyone as steady in his loyalty as Lagardère, and certainly not by words only.

Actually I heard him on C+ and he was saying both : that Richie was entering a new part of his life and that he'll probably need to make some changes including in his personal life (but it wasn't meant in a "threatening" way, it sounded more like Richard told him so and he was agreeing or something), and also that he sent him a text saying he was rooting for Roddick in the player's box for this time, but that he knows there will come a time where he'll be rooting from Richie's player's box in a Wimbledon final, because there is no way it doesn't happen one day.

I was kind of surprised because I always saw him as a very cold and nearly crooked (word?) businessman but he was being very sincere, emotional and fully supportive of Richie, defending him all the way (he was the one who wanted to talk about Richie, nobody asked him any question about him so he could have avoided the subject if he wanted to). They're probably more in a friendly relationship than in a patron/player one. I don't think it's just about money between them, and that's good to know :)

Puschkin
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Actually I heard him on C+ and he was saying both : that Richie was entering a new part of his life and that he'll probably need to make some changes including in his personal life (but it wasn't meant in a "threatening" way.
That's exactly how I felt about it, too. :)

Cloudygirl
07-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Actually I heard him on C+ and he was saying both : that Richie was entering a new part of his life and that he'll probably need to make some changes including in his personal life (but it wasn't meant in a "threatening" way, it sounded more like Richard told him so and he was agreeing or something), and also that he sent him a text saying he was rooting for Roddick in the player's box for this time, but that he knows there will come a time where he'll be rooting from Richie's player's box in a Wimbledon final, because there is no way it doesn't happen one day.

I was kind of surprised because I always saw him as a very cold and nearly crooked (word?) businessman but he was being very sincere, emotional and fully supportive of Richie, defending him all the way (he was the one who wanted to talk about Richie, nobody asked him any question about him so he could have avoided the subject if he wanted to). They're probably more in a friendly relationship than in a patron/player one. I don't think it's just about money between them, and that's good to know :)

Well thats good to hear I'm glad someone is behind our boy.

Schu
07-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm glad to hear that about Lagardere/Richie. I've always felt (and I have NO idea why cuz I can't even read the french articles correctly) that Arnaud was like a second dad to Richie and it was not all about the money.

And it is true, Richie probably does need to make some changes in his personal life (like drug testing every woman he kisses - sorry that was tacky) but maybe time for him to "settle down" a bit. The announcers during the Wimbledon final were joking how this final is testimony to the institution of marriage - not that Richie should get married anytime soon but a real girlfriend wouldn't hurt - but none of my business so I'll just shut up.

When are we going to hear the decision!!! as everyone thinks they probably decided before he even said a word so let's get on with it.