It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. [Archive] - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Lee
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Okay, his pic :lol:

:p I really don't think you know him :rolls:

It's internet age and I have access to lots of Chinese newspapers on line. :ras: Although I don't follow TV or movies. He's cute ;)

Stephie Cesc
05-14-2009, 04:17 PM
It's internet age and I have access to lots of Chinese newspapers on line. :ras: Although I don't follow TV or movies. He's cute ;)

:lol: He's very famous now in HK :p You should check out some of his tv series or songs if you have time :rolls:

Lee
05-14-2009, 04:33 PM
I can listen to radios from HK online. Not interested in TV series even when I lived in HK :shrug:

Herdwick
05-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Blether has largely ceased :sad:

*Ljubica*
05-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Blether has largely ceased :sad:

:awww: :sad:

I haven't been online today yet - trying to save my eye a bit before I get well and truly nagged :o And also trying to work a bit, though that isn't going well today - can't seem to find any inspiration. Hope you're doing well.

Nole is on later to cheer us up :D

Herdwick
05-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Sorry about the eye - sounds nasty. Perhaps a monocle like Lord Peter Wimsey?

I have had a thrilling morning reviewing my HESA system parameters and running scripts to close lapsed records. So am in the mood for fun and frivolity - Messrs Federer, Roddick and Djokovic please take note.;)

*Ljubica*
05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Sorry about the eye - sounds nasty. Perhaps a monocle like Lord Peter Wimsey?

I have had a thrilling morning reviewing my HESA system parameters and running scripts to close lapsed records. So am in the mood for fun and frivolity - Messrs Federer, Roddick and Djokovic please take note.;)

:nerner: I prefer a patch like Long John Silver :angel:

Seriously - it is quite nasty :sad: but it's more a chronic condition than an illnes as such, so I just have to learn to live with it :shrug: I have loads of scars on the lens of my right eye, so when I get tired and rub my eyes, use the PC too much, read very small print, or even if I'm out in severe wind or whatever, stupid thing gets infected :rolleyes: I have to put antibiotic ointment in it every night for "protection" but it doesn't always work. Looks very scary though - like an alien - all the white part goes bright red :help: :lol: Probably a good thing I live with someone who is used to seeing things like that - any other man might :bolt:

Novak on my TV :inlove:

Herdwick
05-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Rosie - how about a thread title change? Feeling creative?

*Ljubica*
05-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Rosie - how about a thread title change? Feeling creative?

I am always open to suggestions :D Do you have any? You are the Queen of Thread Titles after all ;)

Herdwick
05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Well I have a yearning to go to the Land of Perpetual Indulgence...it's where the Folk of the Faraway Tree ended up once they'd grown out of Toffee Shocks:devil:. (Please tell me you grew up on Enid B or I'm wasting my time:lol:)

But it may not be everyone's cup of tea :shrug:

ellewoods
05-16-2009, 03:27 AM
:lol: I loved the Faraway Tree!! :hearts: I still have them somewhere in the house and I tried to get my younger sister to like them as much as I did but she didnt :awww:

Herdwick
05-16-2009, 10:05 AM
:lol: Superb aren't they - I re-read them a couple of years ago when my friend bought the series for her daughter - always adored the Saucepan man! I forgot Blyton is a global phenomenon. In the UK though there is a sizeable number of earnest liberal types who think EB's works are lower than low and children should be shielded from them at all costs.

*Ljubica*
05-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Well I have a yearning to go to the Land of Perpetual Indulgence...it's where the Folk of the Faraway Tree ended up once they'd grown out of Toffee Shocks:devil:. (Please tell me you grew up on Enid B or I'm wasting my time:lol:)

But it may not be everyone's cup of tea :shrug:

The Faraway Tree was my absolute favourite :inlove: And of course I grew up with it, - what self-respecting Home Counties girl of my generation did not? :D I always had a "thihg" about Moon-face :o

So how about - We're on our way to the Land of Perpetual Indulgence"?

Morning btw :wavey:

ellewoods
05-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Oh yes, very much a global phenom. I used to beg my mum to buy me the books. The Wishing Chair was another favourite of mine though I never much got into the Famous Five

*Ljubica*
05-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh yes, very much a global phenom. I used to beg my mum to buy me the books. The Wishing Chair was another favourite of mine though I never much got into the Famous Five

I preferred The Secret Seven to the Famous Five :D

ellewoods
05-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I never got into the Secret Seven either! :o

*Ljubica*
05-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I never got into the Secret Seven either! :o

:awww: How about Mallory Towers? I loved them too - even had a doll named Zerelda after one of the characters in it :o

ellewoods
05-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Nope :o

Herdwick
05-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Loved Mallory Towers - Alicia was my favourite. Never quite got into St Clare's so much but I did like the one where shoe polish was put on toast instead of anchovy paste :rolls:

Best series though for me were the Mystery R's (the one's with Barney and Miranda) and the 5 Find-Outers and dog.

ellewoods
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
:o Omg there are so many of her books I never read :awww: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_books_by_Enid_Blyton

Herdwick
05-16-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.enidblyton.net/ is quite useful - it's got summaries and reviews of lots of the series - may help you decide what to try. Me - I'm up to the spare room to dig out the boxes with my old copies - I've still got loads and I want to read them again now. :bounce:

*Ljubica*
05-16-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.enidblyton.net/ is quite useful - it's got summaries and reviews of lots of the series - may help you decide what to try. Me - I'm up to the spare room to dig out the boxes with my old copies - I've still got loads and I want to read them again now. :bounce:

I don't have mine anymore :sad: They all went to the Childrens' Ward at the local Hospital along with most of my old dolls - must have been having a rare magnanimous moment :o Only things I kept were my Mary Poppins books, my favourite walking/talking doll (named Anastasia-Antoinette :o ), and my beloved Arkasha the Teddy Bear :inlove: who still sits on the bed and growls at everyone :devil: His head, arms and legs move too :hearts:

So are you OK with that thread title Herdwick?

Herdwick
05-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry - sure.

Try picking some up second-hand. We must keep you entertained through what will be a traumatic afternoon. Think on Eurovision - I rather liked the Portuguese myself...

ellewoods
05-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Ahh my to-read list is already long enough :lol: but will definitely look at digging out my old books as well as maybe some of the others I missed. Sometimes I love reading kids books again just to reminsce! :D

However, I am currently trying to read 'Everything is Illuminated' by Jonathan Safran Foer. I loved his other book 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' (it made me so :sad:) but this one is hard to get into

Herdwick
05-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Hmm - subject matter sounds a bit grim - but he's meant to be funny isn't he?

I hardly read any modern fiction - I love the usual 19C classics, especially Austen and the Brontes - and have a weakness for 30s detective stories but apart from that it's mainly history. biographies and other non-fiction. As I get older I am so conscious of how little I know...

*Ljubica*
05-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I used to be an avid reader - never without a book - sometimes more than one at once........ but since my eye problems started I have to be really careful how much I read, because even with larger print it can be too much for me :sad:

Am currently reading Stephen Donaldson's "Fatal Revenant", which I admit isn't everyone's cup of tea, - but I got hooked on the whole Chronicles of Thomas Covenant thing back in the 80's, and I've read every one of the series. In fact when Donaldson did a book signing for "Fatal Revanant" it is the only time in my life I'd ever queued up for any kind of an autograph or anything similar from anyone, because I just wanted to meet him :o Sadly there is only one more book to go after this one :sad:

As for Jane Austen - she is the most famous "old girl" from my former school :o I was force-fed her so much in childhood I haver always loathed her with a passion :o

ellewoods
05-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Hmm - subject matter sounds a bit grim - but he's meant to be funny isn't he?

I hardly read any modern fiction - I love the usual 19C classics, especially Austen and the Brontes - and have a weakness for 30s detective stories but apart from that it's mainly history. biographies and other non-fiction. As I get older I am so conscious of how little I know...

He's quite funny in Everything is Illuminated but the subject matter of his other book was reallyreally sad - it's about a little boy coming to terms with the death of his father from the 9/11 attacks. I found myself literally crying as I read some parts of the book :sad:

Re: histotical fiction etc, I'm wanting to read The Other Boleyn Girl cos I just watched the movie recently and really likely it

I used to read alot too but ever since starting my studies in law I've read less due to the large piles of reading I already have to do for my studies :tape:

Herdwick
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I enjoyed TOBG - bit of a romp and lots of historical licence taken but a good read.

Sunset of Age
05-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi there Nole Folks! :hatoff:

Just to express my geniune admiration of Nole's excellent showing today. Don't be too sad that he lost the match eventually. He gave an exquisite match against The King Of ClayCourts, and even more - didn't fold after that second set.

I am in awe!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Luck will turn around some day, and well, tomorrow's the final, and I'm not betting my cash to see Roger get anywhere near Djoko's fantastic performance of today! :yeah:

All I'd like to say is - don't be too sad, Nole Folks. Your guy went down like a LION. :worship:

:hug:s to ye all.

ellewoods
05-17-2009, 02:59 AM

Just to express my geniune admiration of Nole's excellent showing today. Don't be too sad that he lost the match eventually. He gave an exquisite match against The King Of ClayCourts, and even more - didn't fold after that second set.

Luck will turn around some day, and well, tomorrow's the final, and I'm not betting my cash to see Roger get anywhere near Djoko's fantastic performance of today! :yeah:

All I'd like to say is - don't be too sad, Nole Folks. Your guy went down like a LION. :worship:

Thank you for your kind words :hug:

I am utterly behind Federer in the final. I know it's probably impossible to hope for a W but this domination needs to be stopped! :lol:

ellen_
05-17-2009, 11:20 AM

:hug: Thanks. Always a shame when chances get wasted, but Rafa kept pushing and I don't think Nole did much wrong at those MPs. I wish Roger (and you too!) good luck in the final, although I am rooting for Rafa of course :lol: Thanks again for the kind words :kiss: Congrats too for getting in the final, Roger is meant to be there - and as much as I love JM, he is not yet meant to be in that kind of finals, which has been proven again yesterday.

Something else, everytime I think about it I get tears in my eyes... Kim Clijsters back on court today! :sobbing: I'm so happy, you have no idea. I think this is the first time I'll say this in my life: I love that woman to bits! Go Kimmie! Kick some ass, girl! :banana: :hug:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks for your kind words Karin :hug: And hope you enjoy the Final. Personally, I'm still way too sad to watch tennis right now :tears: but you know, if I did, I'd be cheering for Roger.

Morning Ellen - and you know I like Kim too - only WTA player I ever really liked :)

ellen_
05-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Morning, Rose :wavey: How's the head?

Noleta
05-17-2009, 12:30 PM

That will help me sleep better:hug:thanks:)

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Morning, Rose :wavey: How's the head?

:wavey: Fine actually thanks :D Alex made me drink LOADS of water before I went to bed, and when I woke up in the middle of the night (crying for Novak :awww: ) he made me drink more! I don't normally drink at all, and I did fear for this morning, - but, to be honest, I'm fine:D Sorry if I said anything silly last night though :o How are you?

ellen_
05-17-2009, 12:39 PM
:wavey: Fine actually thanks :D Alex made me drink LOADS of water before I went to bed, and when I woke up in the middle of the night (crying for Novak :awww: ) he made me drink more! I don't normally drink at all, and I did fear for this morning, - but, to be honest, I'm fine:D Sorry if I said anything silly last night though :o How are you?

:lol: You didn't say silly things, don't worry.

Water is great :yeah: But you shouldn't cry for Novak, dear :hug: Be proud for yet another step he came closer. And he should be proud for that reason too.

I'm great, thank you. Loving Alexander Rybak more and more every minute btw :dance:

Am I allowed to cheer you up with some Mr Bean? :lol:

bWQN19HsSeA

And I can't help it but Rowan looks so much like Ronnie O'Sullivan :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks Ellen :hug: And sorry I keep on disappearing. My PC is playing up - again :rolleyes: Keeps on crashing and throwing me out, and stalling - and generally driving me crazy. It's old and I need a new one, but I can't afford it because I keep on spending my money on tennis tournaments instead :o So I just have to put up with it.

And - you're right - Mr. Bean and Ronnie do bear more than a passing resemblance to each other :)

arm
05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Is this title Herdwick's idea? :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Is this title Herdwick's idea? :rolls:

How did you guess? :D The other day, Herdwick, Elle and I discovered a common interest in the old Enid Blyton childrens' books about "The Faraway Tree", where they all want to go to the "Land of Perpetual Indulgence,"- so it kind of fitted :)

arm
05-17-2009, 02:06 PM
How did you guess? :D The other day, Herdwick, Elle and I discovered a common interest in the old Enid Blyton childrens' books about "The Faraway Tree", where they all want to go to the "Land of Perpetual Indulgence,"- so it kind of fitted :)

The 6 books od "the twoins" - don't know the english title - where the fisrt books I read when I was 6 years old!! They belonged to my mum and she wnated me to read them. I :inlove: it and I still read a chapter every once in a while! :bounce:

It's a great one. But I'd like to make a demanding. Can I?

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 02:09 PM
The 6 books od "the twoins" - don't know the english title - where the fisrt books I read when I was 6 years old!! They belonged to my mum and she wnated me to read them. I :inlove: it and I still read a chapter every once in a while! :bounce:

It's a great one. But I'd like to make a demanding. Can I?

Course you can :)

As for the twins - in England, the 6 books are called:-

1) Well Done Twins
2) Come Along Twins
3) Fun with the Twins
4) Hello Twins
5) Here Come the Twins
6) Trouble for the Twins

arm
05-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Course you can :)

As for the twins - in England, the 6 books are called:-

1) Well Done Twins
2) Come Along Twins
3) Fun with the Twins
4) Hello Twins
5) Here Come the Twins
6) Trouble for the Twins

I :inlove: them!

As for my request: I want the next thread titke to include the word "sybarite". :bounce:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 02:33 PM
I :inlove: them!

As for my request: I want the next thread titke to include the word "sybarite". :bounce:

:lol: Consider it done, - just remind me when the next title change is due. I'll definitely need Herdwick's help with that one though - not sure I could even formulate a sentence involving the word, let alone think up a catchy thread title :o

arm
05-17-2009, 02:36 PM
:lol: Consider it done, - just remind me when the next title change is due. I'll definitely need Herdwick's help with that one though - not sure I could even formulate a sentence involving the word, let alone think up a catchy thread title :o

Great! :bounce: No need to rush it. I loove this title too. But I'd just like to see that word in the title title. :D

I'll remember you. And I am sure Herdwick will come up with something good with our help.. She always does. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Great! :bounce: No need to rush it. I loove this title too. But I'd just like to see that word in the title title. :D

I'll remember you. And I am sure Herdwick will come up with something good with our help.. She always does. :rolls:

Indeed :D Herdwick's use of language is way more extensive than mine have to admit. Even though I have an English degree, she sometimes uses words that even I have to look up in a dictionary :o :tape:

arm
05-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Indeed :D Herdwick's use of language is way more extensive than mine have to admit. Even though I have an English degree, she sometimes uses words that even I have to look up in a dictionary :o :tape:

Knowing that makes me feel better. :rolls:

I mean to be honest, I am a bit like that speaking Portuguese - at least fopr my age - and my friends are always complaing of the words I managa to come up with.. :rolls: But she is so impressive :eek:.

And sybarite is such a great word! I really liked it when she used the word to describe me. :awww: :D

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Knowing that makes me feel better. :rolls:

I mean to be honest, I am a bit like that speaking Portuguese - at least fopr my age - and my friends are always complaing of the words I managa to come up with.. :rolls: But she is so impressive :eek:.

And sybarite is such a great word! I really liked it when she used the word to describe me. :awww: :D

You command of English is very impressive, so I'm sure your Portuguese is even greater.

For me - I admit - I've almost aways lived in a house with someone who was not a native speaker - first my Mother, then both a German and a Polish girl I used to houseshare with, then my Argentine ex, and now Alex :shrug: So if you add that to the fact that I work with many Asylum Seekers and Refugess, and people for whom English is also not their first language, in many ways I've always tried to simplify my language a bit. I never use a "clever" word if a simpler one can be understood and get my point across quicker and more easily :shrug:

arm
05-17-2009, 03:02 PM
You command of English is very impressive, so I'm sure your Portuguese is even greater.

For me - I admit - I've almost aways lived in a house with someone who was not a native speaker - first my Mother, then both a German and a Polish girl I used to houseshare with, then my Argentine ex, and now Alex :shrug: So if you add that to the fact that I work with many Asylum Seekers and Refugess, and people for whom English is also not their first language, in many ways I've always tried to simplify my language a bit. I never use a "clever" word if a simpler one can be understood and get my point across quicker and more easily :shrug:

You really tend to relate with people from ouside your country. :eek: :rolls: Including me. :bounce: :p

And yes, I do understand very well what you mean. ;) And I, myself, tend to use different words considering the person I am talking to. Sometimes is hard though, and I hate to make people feel embarassed because they don't understand what I am staying. In these situations I feel even more :o than them.

But I really like when Herdwick comes up with those words out of nowhere. And I have said these a thousand times - I know - but it's true: since I have started posting in MTF, my English has improved. And I am sure you - as one of the people who I have been talking to longer - can tell that. Besides, if Herdwick ever stopts writing that way, she would ruin our whole concept of herself. :rolls::nerner:

BTW, I have been having another problem related to this lately. As I write in English pretty much everyday, I started having thoughts in English. :o :o This has started like 2 years ago. But now it's worse, because sometimes I am talking to people and I include a few words in English in my speech like "pretty much" or "who cares", and sometimes people don't understand me. I have really been working on this, because I don't have the right to put people in such a :o position. But sometimes I just can't help it :shrug:, the wprds just come out of my mouth. :awww:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 03:07 PM
You really tend to relate with people froum ouside your country. :eek: :rolls: Including me. :bounce: :p

And yes, I do understand very well what you mean. ;) And I, myself, tend to use different words considering the person I am talking to. Sometimes is hard though, and I hate to make people feel embarassed because they don't understand what I am staying. In these situations I feel even more :o than them.

But I really like when Herdwick comes up with those words out of nowhere. And I have said these a thousand times - I know - but it's true: since I have started posting in MTF, my English has improved. And I am sure you - as one of the people who I have been talking to longer - can tell that. Besides, if Herdwick ever stopts writing that way, she would ruin our whole concept of herself. :rolls::nerner:

BTW, I have been having another problem related to this lately. As I write in English pretty much everyday, I started to have thoughts in English. :o :o But this has started like 2 years ago. But now it's worse, because sometimes I am talking to people and I include a few words in English like "pretty much" or "who cares", and sometimes people don't understand me. I have really been working on this, because I don't have the right to put people in such a :o position. But sometimes I just can't help it :shrug:, the wprds just come out of my mouth. :awww:

That I can imagine :tape: Alex does it too - I noticed it a lot when he went home that he lapsed into English with some of his old relatives who speak no English. Guess that is hardly surprising though, as he spends so much time here. Of course when he came home, he was talking to me in Serbian for a few days, so guess it works both ways.

And - yes - your English has improved :D

I just tend to lapse into MTF-speak, which is even more embarrassing :o You would be surprised how often I say stuff like "never in doubt", "bang bang", and "tard" :o And I once :confused: them totally at work by likening someone to "Bilbo's grandmother in a wheelchair" :tape: perhaps I need to get out more? :o

arm
05-17-2009, 03:12 PM
That I can imagine :tape: Alex does it too - I noticed it a lot when he went home that he lapsed into English with some of his old relatives who speak no English. Guess that is hardly surprising though, as he spends so much time here. Of course when he came home, he was talking to me in Serbian for a few days, so guess it works both ways.

And - yes - your English has improved :D

I just tend to lapse into MTF-speak, which is even more embarrassing :o You would be surprised how often I say stuff like "never in doubt", bang bang", and "tard" :o And I once :confused: them totally at work by likening someone to "Bilbo's grandmother in a wheelchair" :tape: perhaps I need to get out more? :o

:haha: Really? Oh dear, that must have been really funny. :rolls:

As for Alex, in his situation mu8st be even more difficult. :awww: But I do understand him... I have a friend in Coimbra who always understands me when I say a few words in English, but she has warned me to stop doing that. And I am making an effort. :bounce:

Get out more? :rolls: :shrug: Who am I to give you any advice? :nerner:

arm
05-17-2009, 03:16 PM
So ellen, give me your opinion on the game thread. :)

ellen_
05-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh gosh, Raquel, I'm happy I'm not alone who speaks English mixed up with my native language :tape: :lol:

I don't like to speak English actually, don't feel comfortable enough. Maybe I should practice more and start talking completely in English to my family and friends in stead of just using some words in between :lol:

I like the idea of a game thread, yes. The question thread at Ernie's forum was really nice, you get the chance to ask odd questions to people :p Also a chance to discover things in common with other people who don't chat here as often as we do :rolls:. But we can always change the type of activity any time we want to if you just give it a general name.
Good idea, R. :yeah:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 03:22 PM
:haha: Really? Oh dear, that must have been really funny. :rolls:

As for Alex, in his situation mu8st be even more difficult. :awww: But I do understand him... I have a friend in Coimbra who always understands me when I say a few words in English, but she has warned me to stop doing that. And I am making an effort. :bounce:

Get out more? :rolls: :shrug: Who am I to give you any advice? :nerner:

Well Alex speaks German even better than his English :shrug: So he gets truly confused sometimes :)

Must admit I wish I could speak more languages - when I was in Serbia I met this Montenegran guy on the train (when I was going from Belgrade up to meet Alex in the North after I finished at the tennis), - and he spoke 11 languages fluently :eek: He was so good at English he could even speak in English "accents" - he did these absolutely amazing Jamaican-English and Pakistani-Engish accents, and Scots and Irish too ....... I was so impressed :worship:

Oh gosh, Raquel, I'm happy I'm not alone who speaks English mixed up with my native language :tape: :lol:

I don't like to speak English actually, don't feel comfortable enough. Maybe I should practice more and start talking completely in English to my family and friends in stead of just using some words in between :lol:

I like the idea of a game thread, yes. The question thread at Ernie's forum was really nice, you get the chance to ask odd questions to people :p Also a chance to discover things in common with other people who don't chat here as often as we do :rolls:. But we can always change the type of activity any time we want to if you just give it a general name.
Good idea, R. :yeah:

Ellen - you shouldn't feel uncomfortable - you are another one whose command of English is incredible :bowdown:

ellen_
05-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm actually happy to see Tim Henman back :lol: He seems to be an even jollier chap now, haha. Nice.

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm actually happy to see Tim Henman back :lol: He seems to be an even jollier chap now, haha. Nice.

Tim :bowdown: I :hearts: Tim. He was bought up and went to school in a small place very close to me - he is another Home Counties person like me :D I adore him :worship: And he is doing such good work now with his Childrens' Charity "Kids at Heart - great to see someone putting something back into society :)

ellen_
05-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Ellen - you shouldn't feel uncomfortable - you are another one whose command of English is incredible :bowdown:

I'm okay with my written English but speaking it is a bit tougher for me :lol: I struggle with the R ;) When I use my R while talking English, I sound like a Russian :o

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm okay with my written English but speaking it is a bit tougher for me :lol: I struggle with the R ;) When I use my R while talking English, I sound like a Russian :o

Same with me and Serbian to be honest :o I can read/write it well enough, but when I try to speak I get all :o and tongue-tied. Though the girls at the tournament this year, told me I had a much better accent than Cedric Mourier! Mind you, that may not be saying much :tape:

ellen_
05-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Same with me and Serbian to be honest :o I can read/write it well enough, but when I try to speak I get all :o and tongue-tied. Though the girls at the tournament this year, told me I had a much better accent than Cedric Mourier! Mind you, that may not be saying much :tape:

I don't think that says much either :haha: But the fact that you can read and write Serbian is already impressive to me.

Tim should consider a comeback :yeah:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't think that says much either :haha: But the fact that you can read and write Serbian is already impressive to me.

Remember that my Mother was originally from Belarussia, so it makes my ability to understand most langaues from that part of the world much easier than it would be for people with a Latin or Germanic language base :shrug: So it's not that clever really :o

arm
05-17-2009, 03:52 PM
I think I'll start the wuestion thread. Explain me better how it works.

PS: My written English is so much better than spoken. :o If any of you ever meets me will be disapointed. :o

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 03:54 PM

PS: My written English is so much better than spoken. :o If any of you ever meets me will be disapointed. :o

We could never be disappointed :hug:

If you want a question thread, -probably best to read the ones in Ernest's and Roger's threads first - just to get an idea of how they work:D

ellen_
05-17-2009, 03:56 PM

I'm gonna meet Rose in Paris :o :rolls:

This is the question thread at Ernie's board. Maybe you can find some ideas :lol: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=131579

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm gonna meet Rose in Paris :o :rolls:

This is the question thread at Ernie's board. Maybe you can find some ideas :lol: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=131579

:lol: If the lovely Serbian girls survived meeting me - I'm sure you will too :p Though Jelena did have to make me promise to behave myself with Miljan :o and when we got to their first practice session, she had to warn me "You promised" :tape::rolls: I did though :angel:

arm
05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
And how many q2uestions per poster? 5?

ellen_
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM
The view over Wimbledon :inlove: I wanna go back :bigcry: Damnit, why didn't they give tickets to me! :explode:

Maybe 3 questions, Raquel? I mean, we are with much more people here than on Ernie's board. It will be hard to come up with questions pretty quickly otherwise, I think :lol: At least for me :o

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 04:21 PM
The view over Wimbledon :inlove: I wanna go back :bigcry: Damnit, why didn't they give tickets to me! :explode:

Maybe 3 questions, Raquel? I mean, we are with much more people here than on Ernie's board. It will be hard to come up with questions pretty quickly otherwise, I think :lol: At least for me :o

:hug:

Right now I wish I was in Dusseldorf, because Janko is playing - and he is FAR more interesting to me than Fedal :rolleyes: And I'm sorry - no way can I EVER cheer for Nadal, and yet something tells me that if Roger should win, that will upset Novak more, because he probably wore out Nadal yesterday, and he'll know that if he was playing in the Final today he would probably win it :sad:

ellen_
05-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I even thought about going to Düsseldorf. I love the city :hearts: Great shopping mall too!

Tell me, what's the link between Wimbledon and an opera singer singing lovesongs? :help:

Andy Murray! Looking quite good actually.

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I even thought about going to Düsseldorf. I love the city :hearts: Great shopping mall too!

Tell me, what's the link between Wimbledon and an opera singer singing lovesongs? :help:

Andy Murray! Looking quite good actually.

:shrug: No idea - unless it's to prove what a wonderfully cutured lot us Londoners are :D

And - yes -I like Dusseldorf a lot too - a friend of mine lived there for a while - I've been there a lot, and I agree the Shopping Mall is excellent :D

ellen_
05-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Our commentators comment about Kim's straddle: If Dinara Safina would do that, we would have to call an ambulance. :o :rolls:

Grass seems slippery, hmm.

Where did our Rachel go btw? Some time off to think about the thread in piece and quiet?

arm
05-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Sorry girls, I was travelling from Braga - where I spentt the night with my aunt, uncle and counsins - to Coimbra. ;)

I am here now. I am going to start the thread. 2 questions will be better I think.

:bounce:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 08:26 PM
:wavey: Sorry I disappeared too - had to cook and eat and all sorts of other boring things :rolleyes: Look forward to the thread Raquel :D

arm
05-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry but I wnet out to gte dinner. ;)

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry but I wnet out to gte dinner. ;)

That's OK :hug: I'm off to bed now anyway - but a good start has been made on your game :D Chat tomorrow I'm sure :wavey: And nice to have you back :kiss:

Noleta
05-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Oh nice i've been banned on Novak's oficial site to make my week-end just perfect:mad:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh nice i've been banned on Novak's oficial site to make my week-end just perfect:mad:

Banned :eek: Why? Was just about to go to bed but just saw this post :confused: Why on earth would anyone ban you? :sad:

Noleta
05-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Banned :eek: Why? Was just about to go to bed but just saw this post :confused: Why on earth would anyone ban you? :sad:

Something to do with Spam in the forum Novak on court! Duplication of posts!:bigcry:

arm
05-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Rosie :wavey::kiss:

Banned? :eek: Why?

EDIT: Oh dear god. I hardly go to Nole's forum. :tape:

Noleta
05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Rosie :wavey::kiss:

Banned? :eek: Why?

EDIT: Oh dear god. I hardly go to Nole's forum. :tape:

I post there on a regular basic it was my first forum to register on and they gave me my first ever ban

arm
05-17-2009, 10:17 PM
don't be sad :hug::kiss:

*Ljubica*
05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Something to do with Spam in the forum Novak on court! Duplication of posts!:bigcry:

:awww: I'm so sorry :hug: Maybe you can try and contact them and sort it out in the morning? I admit I don't go there much myself, but it's always nice to have it there. Good luck with it anyway :hug:

Goodnight girls anyway - see you tomorrow sometime I'm sure :wavey:

Noleta
05-17-2009, 10:20 PM
:awww: I'm so sorry :hug: Maybe you can try and contact them and sort it out in the morning? I admit I don't go there much myself, but it's always nice to have it there. Good luck with it anyway :hug:

Goodnight girls anyway - see you tomorrow sometime I'm sure :wavey:

I did send an e-mail:unsure:

Good night Rose:hug::kiss:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 12:30 AM
How about this titel for RG:unsure:

Expect the unexpected!

Lee
05-18-2009, 05:45 AM

Thanks Karin and Congratulation to Roger! :hug:

Lee
05-18-2009, 05:47 AM
Sorry I don't read back. I am way too tired.

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:10 AM
How about this titel for RG:unsure:

Expect the unexpected!

That's good :D I like it. I think Elle has been "volunteered" to start the RG thread - so maybe she will use it :) Or if she doesn't mind - maybe you can :shrug: It's up to you two :)

Oh - and btw Raquel - I received 5 SMS messages from you this morning :tape: Seems they only took 48 hours to get here :rolls:

OK I'm on a course today :rolleyes: Very boring, but with a bit of luck I may get to finish early :D So catch you all later :wavey:

Herdwick
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
:wavey: all and welcome back Raquel - must have been shattering to be there live. :hug:

Mallorca is stunning; I cannot recommend it too highly to anyone who hasn“t been here. Rafa is a very lucky boy.

JP is cross because I went for a really cheap hire car and they“ve given us a Kia! He says it“s complete rubbish and WTF is Rafa doing letting his name be associated with such a rotten brand! I haven“t driven it yet so I reserve judgement but the way he was effing and blinding while negotiating the hairpin bends this morning suggests he may have a point :eek:

Just back from a morning walking in the mountains and now off for lunch and a bottle of wine by the sea. Hard life I lead.:D

Hope everyone has recovered from Saturday now and is looking forward to RG.:bounce: Love to all from by the sea

ellewoods
05-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Noleta - you can start the thread if you want. I'm not fussed :)

I bought the Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring travel guide as recommended by Raquel (it's good, you're right :kiss:) and am super excited to get through it and more solidly plan my trip!

However we're currently trying to decide if a 12 day Italy tour for $2000AUD (roughly 1000euros) is worth it or whether we could do it on our own. I'm just concerned with how safe Italy is - can anyone tell me? And is it easy to get around or would I be better off with the tour? The tour incl all travel bw the Italian cities and accommodation and most meals.

PS: Herdwick! :hug: Glad to see that you have arrived safely and that you're enjoying yourself! I wish I could squeeze Mallorca into my Spain segment!

arm
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
:wavey: all and welcome back Raquel - must have been shattering to be there live. :hug:

Mallorca is stunning; I cannot recommend it too highly to anyone who hasn“t been here. Rafa is a very lucky boy.

JP is cross because I went for a really cheap hire car and they“ve given us a Kia! He says it“s complete rubbish and WTF is Rafa doing letting his name be associated with such a rotten brand! I haven“t driven it yet so I reserve judgement but the way he was effing and blinding while negotiating the hairpin bends this morning suggests he may have a point :eek:

Just back from a morning walking in the mountains and now off for lunch and a bottle of wine by the sea. Hard life I lead.:D

Hope everyone has recovered from Saturday now and is looking forward to RG.:bounce: Love to all from by the sea

It's taking me long to recover from this one than I expected. :awww:

Glad you're having fun! :D You sybarite. :nerner:

Anyway, I have classes. :(

:wavey:

arm
05-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Noleta - you can start the thread if you want. I'm not fussed :)

I bought the Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring travel guide as recommended by Raquel (it's good, you're right :kiss:) and am super excited to get through it and more solidly plan my trip!

However we're currently trying to decide if a 12 day Italy tour for $2000AUD (roughly 1000euros) is worth it or whether we could do it on our own. I'm just concerned with how safe Italy is - can anyone tell me? And is it easy to get around or would I be better off with the tour? The tour incl all travel bw the Italian cities and accommodation and most meals.

PS: Herdwick! :hug: Glad to see that you have arrived safely and that you're enjoying yourself! I wish I could squeeze Mallorca into my Spain segment!

That book :inlove:

Well, it's hard to tell. But you dig into it, do your own research, I am sure you can do the same thing for far less money. ;)

Italy is pretty safe IMO :shrug:. At least I didn't have any problem at all when I was there (twice). And it's a country whose tourism is a very important part of their economy, so getting around is pretty easy. :)

But maybe someone else here can give better advice. ;)

arm
05-18-2009, 01:25 PM
PS: Elle, I see that you are asking always about the safety of a certain country. :;) I understand your concern, but one thing you can keep in mind, Europe is quite safe, you just need to reasonable and not put yourself in a position of risk. ;) For example, Portugal is - I'd say - as safe as you can get. ;)

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 02:37 PM

Herdwick :wavey: Glad you're enjoying life :D I have spent the past 6 hours sitting in a stuffy Training Room listening to a speaker trying to make Procurment Logistics interesting :rolleyes: So therefore, I would gladly swop places with JP and drive the Kia around Mallorca, - so you can tell him he doesn't know how lucky he is :p As it is - I got through the morning having inappropriate thoughts about Miljan :o and looking forward to the fact that the Course would finish at 2.00pm and I could sneak off home! Keep on enjoying your holiday :kiss:

I've been to Italy loads of times, and, like Raquel, I would say it's safe enough :) Yes - of course - there are places in the big Cities where you have to be careful, (pickpockets round the Train and Bus Stations and crowded tourist areas can be a problem), but generally it's like anywhere - just use your common sense, and don't wander down dark alleyways in strange parts of the City after dark, or get into an unmarked (unlicenced taxi). That kind of basic stuff.

As for the Tour - I would say you can do it far cheaper on your own. Get an Italian Interrail Pass or something, or catch the bus - the service is good throughout the country. And when you're in a large city like Rome you can buy a book of public transport tickets, which allows you unlimited travel on bus and metro for a very reasonable price - no more than a couple of euros per day, Food is good, cheap and very fresh in the markets, so you can stock up on bread and fresh fruit etc for lunch, and eating out is cheap too. Have fun :hug:

ellewoods
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
PS: Elle, I see that you are asking always about the safety of a certain country. :;) I understand your concern, but one thing you can keep in mind, Europe is quite safe, you just need to reasonable and not put yourself in a position of risk. ;) For example, Portugal is - I'd say - as safe as you can get. ;)

:lol: Yes I am quite concerned about my safety mainly because I am half a world away from my family and I am only travelling with one friend and uh, she's not very street smart. Plus we want to experience the nightlife and am just worried about getting home at night! :o

But I think we've decided to explore Italy ourselves as I just read some bad reviews about the tour and the places they put you up in. Yes I may be a student but I can't do dingy places 15-20 minutes from the city and have mystery meat for dinner :o

Okay, so now that that is settled, am going to bed. Thanks for the help Raquel and Rosie :hug:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 03:21 PM
:lol: Yes I am quite concerned about my safety mainly because I am half a world away from my family and I am only travelling with one friend and uh, she's not very street smart. Plus we want to experience the nightlife and am just worried about getting home at night! :o

But I think we've decided to explore Italy ourselves as I just read some bad reviews about the tour and the places they put you up in. Yes I may be a student but I can't do dingy places 15-20 minutes from the city and have mystery meat for dinner :o

Okay, so now that that is settled, am going to bed. Thanks for the help Raquel and Rosie :hug:

I fully understand your fears Elle :hug: I actually agree with Raqeul, that Europe is generally a pretty safe place to be - but if I was from half a world away I would feel the same as you. I'm always pretty safety conscious too, and I'm always quite surprised at how little some people seem to think about the dangers or care about their own safety - especially when on holiday and after a few drinks.

As for the accommodation thing - I'm afraid that is my one hang-up when it comes to travelling. I don't care how much more it costs - I just don't "do" Hostels and camping and shared bathrooms down the end of the corridor, and the kind of dingy places you mention, and didn't even as a student. I'd always rather have 3 nights in a good Hotel than 7 in somewhere cheaper - just me I suppose.

Sleep well :hug:

*Raine
05-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Rose :wavey: :worship:

I didn't know you like Tim Henman too. I :inlove: him, he was no. 1 favorite player before Nole. I'm glad I got to see a little bit of the exhibition match against Agassi last Sunday, I miss watching and cheering for him. :sobbing:

Herdwick:

:p Go and root for Barcelona then. I have a pretty good feeling for Manchester United in that match. :D

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Rose :wavey: :worship:

I didn't know you like Tim Henman too. I :inlove: him, he was no. 1 favorite player before Nole. I'm glad I got to see a little bit of the exhibition match against Agassi last Sunday, I miss watching and cheering for him. :sobbing:

Herdwick:

:p Go and root for Barcelona then. I have a pretty good feeling for Manchester United in that match. :D

Hi Raine :wavey: And oh yes - I love Tim :D I'm not normally one of these patriotic types who supports someone just because of where they were born, so I didn't necessarily support him because he was English - but just because he was such a great guy. Strangely I admit I didn't like him so much when he first started - but he kind of grew on me as he got older. He has such a lovely family too - his little girls are gorgeous.

*Raine
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi Raine :wavey: And oh yes - I love Tim :D I'm not normally one of these patriotic types who supports someone just because of where they were born, so I didn't necessarily support him because he was English - but just because he was such a great guy. Strangely I admit I didn't like him so much when he first started - but he kind of grew on me as he got older. He has such a lovely family too - his little girls are gorgeous.

I see. :D

I admit I started to notice Nole back in 2007 because I thought he looked like Tim, maybe it was because of the hair :scratch: but Nole grew on me as I've watched more of his matches. ;)

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I see. :D

I admit I started to notice Nole back in 2007 because I thought he looked like Tim, maybe it was because of the hair :scratch: but Nole grew on me as I've watched more of his matches. ;)

Strangely I can also see some kind of resemblence too - maybe the dark, short hair and the rather slim build :shrug: And our Nole certainly has an uncanny ability to grow on all of us :)

*Raine
05-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Strangely I can also see some kind of resemblence too - maybe the dark, short hair and the rather slim build :shrug: And our Nole certainly has an uncanny ability to grow on all of us :)

:kiss: I thought I was the only one. They are both great guys as well. :D

All my passion for Tim came back last Sunday, I liked him just as much as I like Nole now. :)

Btw we went out of town for three days last week, I almost got in to the the wrong hotel wrong once and the embarrassing part is the guys in that room saw me. :o:tape::help:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
:kiss: I thought I was the only one. They are both great guys as well. :D

All my passion for Tim came back last Sunday, I liked him just as much as I like Nole now. :)

Btw we went out of town for three days last week, I almost got in to the the wrong hotel wrong once and the embarrassing part is the guys in that room saw me. :o:tape::help:

No of course you're not the only one! You should come here to the UK - everyone loves Tim here :inlove: Especially in my part of the South near to where he was born and brought up.

As for the Hotel thing :rolls: Maybe I should try that with Miljan next time - just accidentally go into the wrong room :o

*Raine
05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
No of course you're not the only one! You should come here to the UK - everyone loves Tim here :inlove: Especially in my part of the South near to where he was born and brought up.

As for the Hotel thing :rolls: Maybe I should try that with Miljan next time - just accidentally go into the wrong room :o

No.. I meant, I thought I was the only one who thinks that Nole resembles Henman. :D

Yeah I should come there and watch a game on Old Trafford while I'm at it. Oh and visit you of course if you don't mind.:angel:

:rolls::rolls::o I made sure to make a detour since that happened.

You should definitely try that with Miljan/Nole next time. ;) :angel:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
No.. I meant, I thought I was the only one who thinks that Nole resembles Henman. :D

Yeah I should come there and watch a game on Old Trafford while I'm at it. Oh and visit you of course if you don't mind.:angel:

:rolls::rolls::o I made sure to make a detour since that happened.

You should definitely try that with Miljan/Nole next time. ;) :angel:

Of course you are more than welcome here :D Have to tell you that I am many MANY miles from Old Trafford though - we're kind of opposite ends of the country!

You also have to know that if I did that wth Miljan no one here may ever see him again - I may just kidnap him, tie him up and keep him in the wardrobe for my own pleasure :angel:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 05:24 PM
That's good :D I like it. I think Elle has been "volunteered" to start the RG thread - so maybe she will use it :) Or if she doesn't mind - maybe you can :shrug: It's up to you two :)

Oh - and btw Raquel - I received 5 SMS messages from you this morning :tape: Seems they only took 48 hours to get here :rolls:

OK I'm on a course today :rolleyes: Very boring, but with a bit of luck I may get to finish early :D So catch you all later :wavey:

Will wait till Ellen appears on here so will see:D

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Will wait till Ellen appears on here so will see:D

It was Elle, not Ellen - and she already said it was OK for you to start it http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8589587&postcount=2087 so it's up to you :D

How did you get on over at the other site btw?:unsure:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 05:40 PM
:wavey: I'm here, after another loss for me :awww:, but I see it's not me who you need :lol: I agree, pretty confusing - Elle and Ellen.

I remember being in 1st and 2nd grade, with 2 Ellen and 3 Pieter in the same class room :rolls:.

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 05:45 PM
:wavey: I'm here, after another loss for me :awww:, but I see it's not me who you need :lol: I agree, pretty confusing - Elle and Ellen.

I remember being in 1st and 2nd grade, with 2 Ellen and 3 Pieter in the same class room :rolls:.

Ellen :wavey:I can imagine - very confusing. I was the only Rose in mine :hearts: but we did have 4 x Susan, 4 x Anne and 4 x Kate, - so that was very confusing:) How are you my dear?

*Raine
05-18-2009, 05:48 PM
I mix Elle with Ellen sometimes too. :o :haha:

Of course you are more than welcome here :D Have to tell you that I am many MANY miles from Old Trafford though - we're kind of opposite ends of the country!

You also have to know that if I did that wth Miljan no one here may ever see him again - I may just kidnap him, tie him up and keep him in the wardrobe for my own pleasure :angel:

Thanks. You are welcome here in our humble home too anytime. I will be your tour guide. :angel: That's if you can stand the heat here in the Philippines. :)

:nerner: Re: Miljan, do you think I would let you? :ras:

:spit:Random: Andy Roddick's posts on twitter are quite funny compared to the other Andy.

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 05:52 PM
I mix Elle with Ellen sometimes too. :o :haha:

Thanks. You are welcome here in our humble home too anytime. I will be your tour guide. :angel: That's if you can stand the heat here in the Philippines. :)

:nerner: Re: Miljan, do you think I would let you? :ras:

:spit:Random: Andy Roddick's posts on twitter are quite funny compared to the other Andy.

Probably not - but remember you would have to find him first :angel: :nerner:

And thanks for the invite- thoughI fear it would be WAY too hot for me in the Philippines....... anything over 23C is way too hot for me :o :lol:

Never got into Twitter :shrug: Should I - is it worth it?

OMG - totally random - just found a YouTube clip of my very first boyfriend's band from about 20 years ago :o Sh*t it made me feel old - and rather :sad:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Ellen :wavey:I can imagine - very confusing. I was the only Rose in mine :hearts: but we did have 4 x Susan, 4 x Anne and 4 x Kate, - so that was very confusing:) How are you my dear?

:rolls:

Well, like I said, a loss today after a thrilling match :awww: Poor guy, wanna hug him so much right now. But besides that, I'm fine. Except for the fact that the weather forecast for Paris doesn't look very good :explode:

And how are you? Awesome day at work again, I asume? :D

Raine :wavey: :hug: I'm on twitter too. And Andy is hilarious in his fights with Brooklyn :haha: I love it. Brooklyn is cool.

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 06:02 PM

Well, like I said, a loss today after a thrilling match :awww: Poor guy, wanna hug him so much right now. But besides that, I'm fine. Except for the fact that the weather forecast for Paris doesn't look very good :explode:

Raine :wavey: :hug: I'm on twitter too. And Andy is hilarious in his fights with Brooklyn :haha: I love it. Brooklyn is cool.

Ah yes - an awesome training course on Procurment Logistics :rolleyes: I am still reeling from the excitement :tape:

For Ernie :hug:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 06:09 PM
It was Elle, not Ellen - and she already said it was OK for you to start it http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8589587&postcount=2087 so it's up to you :D

How did you get on over at the other site btw?:unsure:

Oh ok i'll try:scared:

Not sure i understand:scratch:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 06:12 PM

About time they build a roof above center court:rolleyes:even though that wll only benefit top players:o

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Oh ok i'll try:scared:

Not sure i understand:scratch:

Sorry - I meant with the email you wrote to the Official Site. Or are you still banned :tape:

OK - I'm off to cook dinner :rolleyes: In my next life I would like a man who would cook for me once in a while :awww:

Later I expect :kiss:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Ah yes - an awesome training course on Procurment Logistics :rolleyes: I am still reeling from the excitement :tape:

For Ernie :hug:

Sounds exciting indeed! :p

Oh it wasn't Ernie, he's either practicing in Munich or Paris. It was his countrymate, Deniss Pavlovs :awww:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry - I meant with the email you wrote to the Official Site. Or are you still banned :tape:

OK - I'm off to cook dinner :rolleyes: In my next life I would like a man who would cook for me once in a while :awww:

Later I expect :kiss:

Yeah still banned till next week:sad:

For that you had to marry a chef:tape:

Enjoy:p

Lee
05-18-2009, 06:34 PM

:lol: A KIA!!! Hubby once had a rental Kia on his businsee trip. Let's say the person responsible for arranging the trip had quite an earful afterward and never another Kia. :rolls:

Life is really tough for JP and Herdwick. :(

*Raine
05-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Probably not - but remember you would have to find him first :angel: :nerner:

And thanks for the invite- thoughI fear it would be WAY too hot for me in the Philippines....... anything over 23C is way too hot for me :o :lol:

Never got into Twitter :shrug: Should I - is it worth it?

OMG - totally random - just found a YouTube clip of my very first boyfriend's band from about 20 years ago :o Sh*t it made me feel old - and rather :sad:

Of course, the great Raine can do anything. :p

Yeah, it would be too hot for you anytime you come here. The lowest temp we have is at 24 degrees Celcius on December and January. :o

I have an account on Twitter but I don't update it. :o I don't really recommend it.

You should post a link of the YouTube video.

Yeah I just read the recent tweets on Andy and Brooklyn's page. :haha: They are both cool. :cool:

PM me your username on twitter.

ellen_
05-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Gave you the link to my profile on FB, Raine ;)

*Raine
05-18-2009, 07:04 PM

Just saw it. :D Gorgeous pics that you have on FB btw. :D

:wavey: Good night, it's 2 am now here.

arm
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Finally home :D

ellen_
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
So Raine, why do you ask about my Twitter name if you don't send me a request? :rolls:

Welcome home, Rachel :wavey:

Lee
05-18-2009, 07:50 PM
I totally forgot my wedding anniversary until Hana mentioned Nole's birthday in RG thread. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
You should post a link of the YouTube video. .

Oh no :o It scared me to hear all that after almost 20 years - wish I hadn't now. My past remans firmly in my past :o

Does that mean Raine is on your FB? I've been waiting for her to send me her FB name for ages now. Perhaps I can find her through you :D

Finally home :D

Hi Raquel :wavey:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 07:57 PM
I totally forgot my wedding anniversary until Hana mentioned Nole's birthday in RG thread. :rolls:

:eek::lol::tape:

Lee
05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
:eek::lol::tape:

:shrug: I will probably remember it on that day but I'll wait and see if hubby remembers :haha:

Lee
05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Perdon my manner, :wavey:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:06 PM

:tape: :lol:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:19 PM
:shrug: I will probably remember it on that day but I'll wait and see if hubby remembers :haha:

Good on ya:devil:o you have someone to blame:p

arm
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Lee :rolls: :tape:

Everyone :wavey:

Lee
05-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Have your recovered yet, Raquel? :hug:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Lee :rolls: :tape:

Everyone :wavey:

Feeling better?:wavey:

arm
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Si :)

But I'd still rather not even think about it. And to e honest, the fact that Roger won even made more :sad:.

Looking forwards to the next 2 weeks, though. :bounce:

Thanks for asking, girls. :hug:

BTW, I'll post my photos today or tomorrow. ;)

ellen_
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Good one, Lee :spit: At least you remember it now! Congrats in advance, I'd say.

Rosie, I recommended Raine to you on FB :yeah:.

What is it with these mood changes of mine :rolls: I hate it! Now I can't stop smiling, and I've been irritated for nothing all day long.

Lee
05-18-2009, 08:40 PM
More :hug: Raquel.

I slept for about 3 hours last night so I am having a siesta now ;)

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Good one, Lee :spit: At least you remember it now! Congrats in advance, I'd say.

What is it with these mood changes of mine :rolls: I hate it! Now I can't stop smiling, and I've been irritated for nothing all day long.

Mood changes :unsure: Sounds like hormones to me :help: Or maybe just excitement about the upcoming RG trip!

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:45 PM

But I'd still rather not even think about it. And to e honest, the fact that Roger won even made more :sad:.

I'm not:sad:cause Fed won but how he won it:shrug:

Slappe lach:lol:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM

:bounce: New Nole (and Miljan :o ) photos :bounce:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:51 PM
:bounce: New Nole (and Miljan :o ) photos :bounce:

Did you ever ask Miljan for a picture together:)

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Did you ever ask Miljan for a picture together:)

No :o I would be way too embarrassed. I like him way too much :o None of the tennis players have any :o or silly fagirl effect on me - but he does - so I never would :shrug:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 08:56 PM
No :o I would be way too embarrassed. I like him way too much :o

You can always take a group photo with him Novak and Vajda:)

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 08:57 PM
You can always take a group photo with him Novak and Vajda:)

No :o I just couldn't. When we were in Belgrade, Jelena saw him across the other side of the stadium from us,- she said "Look there's Miljan" and I blushed, and I just never EVER blush usually. So I just couldn't :o

ellen_
05-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Slappe lach:lol:

Happens quite often to me, yes :lol:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 09:03 PM
No :o I just couldn't. When we were in Belgrade, Jelena saw him across the other side of the stadium from us,- she said "Look there's Miljan" and I blushed, and I just never EVER blush usually. So I just couldn't :o

Rose:lol::hug:bless:kiss:

Happens quite often to me, yes :lol:

Me too especially when someone falls:o

ellen_
05-18-2009, 09:07 PM

:spit: It happens on the most embarrassing or inappropriate moments, indeed. Like in the lounge in our hotel in Munich :o With the Frenchies sitting next to us.

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Rose:lol::hug:bless:kiss:

I know - embarrassing isn't it? :o He came over and chatted to me a bit after practice in Belgrade one day, and I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me, and trust me - I've travelled all over the world alone and I just NEVER normally get like that with anyone. I hate myself for it too, but I really can't help it :shrug:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 09:12 PM
:spit: It happens on the most embarrassing or inappropriate moments, indeed. Like in the lounge in our hotel in Munich :o With the Frenchies sitting next to us.

:lol: i know the feeling trust me:spit:i once had it in a train everyone was looking at me like was mad:o

I know - embarrassing isn't it? :o He came over and chatted to me a bit after practice in Belgrade one day, and I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me, and trust me - I've travelled all over the world alone and I just NEVER normally get like that with anyone. I hate myself for it too, but I really can't help it :shrug:

Maybe one day you'll finally get the courage and maybe give him a kiss:angel:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 09:13 PM
:lol: i know the feeling trust me:spit:i once had it in a train everyone was looking at me like was mad:o

Maybe one day you'll finally get the courage and maybe give him a kiss:angel:

But then I might not let go again and get myself arrested :help:

arm
05-18-2009, 09:15 PM
I have ice cream!! :nerner:

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 09:15 PM

:lol: And I have hot chocolate - it is way too cold for ice-cream here :)

Noleta
05-18-2009, 09:16 PM
But then I might not let go again and get myself arrested :help:

Easy tell him it's a normal thing to do in England when hugging people for the first time:p

Noleta
05-18-2009, 09:18 PM

Really?i just finished mine:pCornetto classico mmmmmm:p

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Easy tell him it's a normal thing to do in England when hugging people for the first time:p

:lol: Somehow I think that won't fool him :o

Noleta
05-18-2009, 09:20 PM
:lol: Somehow I think that won't fool him :o

Men are so easy to fooled:p

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Men are so easy to fool:p

:rolls: You are so right there girl :lol:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 09:26 PM
:rolls: You are so right there girl :lol:

I know:p

*Ljubica*
05-18-2009, 09:28 PM
:lol: OK girlies - I have to go. I have another day of excitement with the Procurement Logistics tomorrow :help: And I need to do some reading on the thrilling subject before then :rolleyes:

Will catch you all sometime tomorrow I'm sure - enjoy the rest of your evening :hug:

arm
05-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Chocolate ice cream :lick:

Anyway girls, I am not very chatty today. Am boring, I know. :rolls: Got get some sleep, as I didn't get much yesterday.

Like Rosie says: catch up tomorrow, I am sure. :hug::smooch:

PS: Photos tomorrow, I promise. ;)

arm
05-18-2009, 09:32 PM
PS2: If I had had the chance, I'd had hugged, kissed and do one more thing to Nole. :devil:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Goodnight, Rose :wavey: Have another thrilling day tomorrow! And behave in your dreams tonight!

Noleta
05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
PS2: If I had had the chance, I'd had hugged, kissed and do one more thing to Nole. :devil:

You could've askded him for a lift:p

Night Rose enjoy your reading:kiss:night Raquel:hug:

pica_pica
05-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Nice to read all the happy chats here :)
Tmr I'll be meeting a friend met on Internet for the first time in my life! :woohoo:
And that's Steph Cesc! We're going to have dinner together and perhaps talk about Novak all the way!! :devil:
She should be sleeping now (unless there's football for her to watch). My lifestyle maybe a bit more unhealthy than hers :p
Can't wait for tmr!!!

Noleta
05-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Tmr I'll be meeting a friend met on Internet for the first time in my life! :woohoo:
And that's Steph Cesc! We're going to have dinner together and perhaps talk about Novak all the way!! :devil:
She should be sleeping now (unless there's football for her to watch). My lifestyle maybe a bit more unhealthy than hers :p
Can't wait for tmr!!!

That's nice:D

ellen_
05-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Oh that's so cool, pica! :banana: Hope you have a great time together! And I'm sure you'll talk about Nole all the way :p I love meeting people who you're sure of that you have same interests (= definitely sure of something you can talk about).

pica_pica
05-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks Noleta and ellen. I'm really excited about it! :dance: Hardly can I find someone in real life to share about Novak! :)

Noleta
05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks Noleta and ellen. I'm really excited about it! :dance: Hardly can I find someone in real life to share about Novak! :)

I know what you mean:o maybe nesxt time both of you can go to a tournament like Shanghai is it far:)

ellen_
05-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah well, I don't have friends in real life in my area who are into tennis :shrug: Some follow tennis, but not the way I do :rolls: They don't even know Ernie! :eek: :lol:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah well, I don't have friends in real life in my area who are into tennis :shrug: Some follow tennis, but not the way I do :rolls: They don't even know Ernie! :eek: :lol:

That's a sin:eek::lol:what's up with him actually is he making any progress lately:)

ellen_
05-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Wish he was... :rolls: No serious, he gives me a better impression lately. More focussed, determined. His serve has been wobbly lately though. I really think he should find a good coach, very urgent. One who is perhaps slightly less of a friend. A coach is for practice, to work. The serious work should happen there. A friend is to keep your mind away from tennis in the other hours. And I don't know if that can be all done by the same guy :shrug:

He's working with a fitness coach now though (or worked :shrug: we don't have any news from him), and that was also very much needed :p He's looking fit now :angel:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Wish he was... :rolls: No serious, he gives me a better impression lately. More focussed, determined. His serve has been wobbly lately though. I really think he should find a good coach, very urgent. One who is perhaps slightly less of a friend. A coach is for practice, to work. The serious work should happen there. A friend is to keep your mind away from tennis in the other hours. And I don't know if that can be all done by the same guy :shrug:

He's working with a fitness coach now though (or worked :shrug: we don't have any news from him), and that was also very much needed :p He's looking fit now :angel:

Looking promissing then:Dmaybe the fact that his father was very rich is a reason for him still not being able to dig in deep IYKWIM:shrug:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 11:12 PM
He acts like a real brat sometimes, yes :p But Niki Pilic once said "Novak was the worker in the academy, Ernests was the artist.". I guess he has a point there. I think Ernie just does what he feels like doing :shrug: And sometimes a bit too much of that "what he feels like" :rolls:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 11:16 PM
He acts like a real brat sometimes, yes :p But Niki Pilic once said "Novak was the worker in the academy, Ernests was the artist.". I guess he has a point there. I think Ernie just does what he feels like doing :shrug: And sometimes a bit too much of that "what he feels like" :rolls:

He should hire a certain Brad Gilbert:p

ellen_
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Exactly, we said that too a while ago. But he's still working with Bogdanovic, isn't he? I just hope Niki will help him to find a coach, don't really trust Ernie all by himself :p Shame on me.

Noleta
05-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Exactly, we said that too a while ago. But he's still working with Bogdanovic, isn't he? I just hope Niki will help him to find a coach, don't really trust Ernie all by himself :p Shame on me.

Isn't he the Captain of the Serbian DC team:scratch:but such a decision should come from him and not Pilic:shrug:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
No that's Bogdan Obradovic :lol: I meant Alex Bogdanovic, the Brittish player. But apparently Brad works in Nick Bollettieri's academy now... :shrug: Stop switching jobs every month, guys. It's confusing :rolls:

Still think Niki can help him with that though, he knows Ernests so well and he knows a lot of people. It's of course Ernie who has to decide.

Noleta
05-18-2009, 11:35 PM
No that's Bogdan Obradovic :lol: I meant Alex Bogdanovic, the Brittish player. But apparently Brad works in Nick Bollettieri's academy now... :shrug: Stop switching jobs every month, guys. It's confusing :rolls:

Still think Niki can help him with that though, he knows Ernests so well and he knows a lot of people. It's of course Ernie who has to decide.

:lol: such confusing names:p he's not Brtish from origins thou:p

I understand Pilic can help him but he need to push him too o changes things how old is he?the same as Novak as i remember Novak saying they've done some things when they were younger but he won't mention what:rolls::devil:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Alex is born in Serbia, yes.

Ernie turns 21 this year. He definitely needs to become more serious and independant. Maybe I should just trust him a bit more :rolls: But I'm sure I know stories you don't know about :lol:.

And yes, they are 2 devils :devil: I wish I knew some stories about that too :lol:

Noleta
05-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Alex is born in Serbia, yes.

Ernie turns 21 this year. He definitely needs to become more serious and independant. Maybe I should just trust him a bit more :rolls: But I'm sure I know stories you don't know about :lol:.

And yes, they are 2 devils :devil: I wish I knew some stories about that too :lol:

Have some trust in the guy:p

Bed time for me:yawn: goodnight:wavey:

ellen_
05-18-2009, 11:58 PM
He has time to convince me to trust him at RG :dance:

Wanted to say the same thing, I'm gonna :zzz: too. Slaapwel :wavey:

Lee
05-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Can't wait for tmr!!!

:rocker2:

My first time meeting someone from MTF was in Indian Wells tournament. And they are all Roddick fans. :p :lol:

While we were driving around looking for places for dinner, there's an official tournament car right next to us and we there's Ljubicic with his trainer looking for places to eat too. :lol:

I don't have any friends in real life who are into tennis at all. :awww:

Good luck with Ernie.

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Nice to read all the happy chats here.
Can't wait for tmr!!!

Sounds great. Hope you have a lovely time together. Most of my friends here are not so much into tennis - they're mostly very much involved with their children and families nowadays, - so it's great for me to meet people from here who share my interest in tennis. Hope you and Steph have loads of fun :)

:eek: I simply cannot imagine what you could mean :tape: :p

Goodnight, Rose :wavey: Have another thrilling day tomorrow! And behave in your dreams tonight!

But of course :angel: Actually last night I dreamt that Nole won RG :D Everyone from here was there, and we had one hell of a party! If only it could come true!

Alex is such a sweetie :hearts: Such a shame he can't really play tennis :tape: And - yes - he is yet another Alex from sunny Belgrade! There seem to be a lot of them here in England :D As for Bogdan - he is yet another Serb guy that I secretly :inlove:

Anyway - i can't put off the inevitable any longer - to the Procrement Logistics course :bolt:

Later :kiss:

arm
05-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Can't wait for tmr!!!

That is great! :bounce: I never met anyone from MTF, but then again, my fisrt live tournament was only last week and not a lot of people from portugal post here. :tape:

But I once met a guy that I met in and interrail Forum. We met in a Festival for high school students and one year later we met in our graduation trip in Lloret del Mar (Spain). Now he is studying here in Coimbra as well and we meet all the time. We're good friends. :)

Anyway, I posted the photos Have to get to class now. Later :wavey::hug:

*Raine
05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Steph and Pica pica... have fun.

So Raine, why do you ask about my Twitter name if you don't send me a request? :rolls:

Welcome home, Rachel :wavey:

:p I'm following you on twitter now. :haha: I just saw Federer's account, I like how he puts his name in every post. :haha: :p

:rolls::rolls::eek: Wow.

Does that mean Raine is on your FB? I've been waiting for her to send me her FB name for ages now. Perhaps I can find her through you :D

I added you too. You look lovely in your pictures btw. :)

ellen_
05-19-2009, 03:22 PM
:p I'm following you on twitter now. :haha: I just saw Federer's account, I like how he puts his name in every post. :haha: :p

And I'm following you too :p

I doubt if that's really Roger though. I mean, Roger asking for recommendations about restaurants in Madrid? :lol: And I don't know if he would really put up that background himself either.

I found Amer Delic because of you btw, I think he's cool so thanks :yeah:

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Steph and Pica pica... have fun.

:rolls::rolls::eek: Wow.

I added you too. You look lovely in your pictures btw. :)

:awww: Thanks Raine :hug: Yes - I just saw that you had added me :D

Raquel, Ellen :wavey: Procurement Logistics over with :woohoo: Probably two of the most boring days of my working life :yawn:

ellen_
05-19-2009, 04:27 PM
:wavey: Rose. You survived, that's the most important thing. And one more day to go this week for you too? :dance:

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 04:30 PM
:wavey: Rose. You survived, that's the most important thing. And one more day to go this week for you too? :dance:

No :sad: two more days in the office - tomorrow and Thursday - then working from home on Friday and to Paris on Saturday evening. So I still have some more suffering to go through yet :awww: Though at least the training course is over with now - so back to "normal" work tomorrow.

ellen_
05-19-2009, 04:53 PM
No :sad: two more days in the office - tomorrow and Thursday - then working from home on Friday and to Paris on Saturday evening. So I still have some more suffering to go through yet :awww: Though at least the training course is over with now - so back to "normal" work tomorrow.

Oh I didn't know you didn't have the 21st of May holiday in UK. Sorry for bragging then :lol:

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh I didn't know you didn't have the 21st of May holiday in UK. Sorry for bragging then :lol:

Monday 25th is our holiday here. The UK always makes our Public Holidays on a Monday apart from Christmas Day and New Year's Day :shrug: Which, of course, is one of the reasons I chose to go to Paris when I did, because I only need to take 2 days' annual leave (next Tuesday and Wednesday) to do it :D

ellen_
05-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Monday 25th is our holiday here. The UK always makes our Public Holidays on a Monday apart from Christmas Day and New Year's Day :shrug: Which, of course, is one of the reasons I chose to go to Paris when I did, because I only need to take 2 days' annual leave (next Tuesday and Wednesday) to do it :D

Ahh, of course. I should've known you guys would be different again from the rest of Europe :p Smarter of you, indeed :yeah:

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Ahh, of course. I should've known you guys would be different again from the rest of Europe :p Smarter of you, indeed :yeah:

Indeed - yes :lol: We are always different :o The Monday rule makes loads of sense to me though...... mainly that people get a nice long weekend once in a while, instead of just some random day off in the middle of the week. As far as I know, the reason it was actually done like that though, - was because it supposedly saves money for some of the big factories and industrial production sites, who would otherwise have to spend a fortune turning all the production etc off for just one day in the middle of the week and then powering it all up again 24 hours later. It is supposed to be more cost effective to have it on the Monday instead :shrug:

ellen_
05-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Indeed - yes :lol: We are always different :o The Monday rule makes loads of sense to me though...... mainly that people get a nice long weekend once in a while, instead of just some random day off in the middle of the week. As far as I know, the reason it was actually done like that though, -was because it supposedly saves money for some of the big factories and industrial production sites, who would otherwise have to spend a fortune turning all the production etc off for just one day in the middle of the week and then powering it all up again 24 hours later. It is supposed to be more cost effective to have it on the Monday instead :shrug:

I'm gonna brag again, forgive me :haha: If we have a holiday on a Thursday, they just turn Friday into a holiday too :shrug:

MTF's being a pain in the....again :explode:

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm gonna brag again, forgive me :haha: If we have a holiday on a Thursday, they just turn Friday into a holiday too :shrug:

MTF's being a pain in the....again :explode:

Which of course is even more sensible :D The UK of course, has the lowest number of Public Holidays out of anywhere in Europe :sad: Makes me feel quite sad and bereft :awww: Though I guess in relation to people in The States (who get virtually no holidays at all), we do pretty well, - so everything is relative!

And - yes - MTF is really slow for me too :rolleyes: But - then again - what's new :shrug:

arm
05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Girls, out wth my friend André to study in the shopping centre, then have dinner and finally go to the cinema.

Love ya :hug::smooch:

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Girls, out wth my friend André to study in the shopping centre, then have dinner and finally go to the cinema.

Love ya :hug::smooch:

Hello and goodbye Raquel :wavey: The girl from the country with MORE holidays than anywhere else in the world :p Have a great evening :hug:

pica_pica
05-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Steph Cesc and I had dinner at a Japanese restaurant and we had non-stop talk about Novak :lol: and other tennis players. I've never spoken so much tennis in 3 hours time ... I always speak with my keyboard :tape:. It feels really great that we can talk and talk and talk about tennis like this!!!!!!!!!! :bounce::dance:

Lee
05-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Steph Cesc and I had dinner at a Japanese restaurant and we had non-stop talk about Novak :lol: and other tennis players. I've never spoken so much tennis in 3 hours time ... I always speak with my keyboard :tape:. It feels really great that we can talk and talk and talk about tennis like this!!!!!!!!!! :bounce::dance:

It's fun, isn't it? :dance: :dance: :lol:

Noleta
05-19-2009, 08:12 PM

Nice to hear:Dso which parts of Novak did you discuss the most:angel:

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 08:16 PM

That's really great to hear. Glad you had such fun :D

Lee
05-19-2009, 08:20 PM

:yawn: Again not enough sleep last night! :(

Noleta
05-19-2009, 08:24 PM

That's not good:hug:how come?

Lee
05-19-2009, 08:34 PM
That's not good:hug:how come?

drinking too much ice tea :p thus, too much caffeine

*Ljubica*
05-19-2009, 08:39 PM

:hug: I never get enough sleep. About to go and get some now I think - have to get up at 5.30am tomorrow and still need a bath and do a few things. A woman's work is never done as they say :rolleyes:

Noleta
05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
:hug: I never get enough sleep. About to go and get some now I think - have to get up at 5.30am tomorrow and still need a bath and do a few things. A woman's work is never done as they say :rolleyes:

Enjoy your bath Rose:D:wavey:

Noleta
05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
drinking too much ice tea :p thus, too much caffeine

Never happen to me i can drink as many caffeine as i want:p

Lee
05-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I used to. When I was still a professional woman :p I drank coffee like water in the office all day and slept like a baby at night. Not anymore. :shrug:

Noleta
05-19-2009, 09:13 PM
I used to. When I was still a professional woman :p I drank coffee like water in the office all day and slept like a baby at night. Not anymore. :shrug:

Maybe Cocacola can help you sleep like a baby again:p or some night activities that help too:p

Lee
05-19-2009, 09:31 PM

Herdwick
05-20-2009, 09:09 AM
:wavey: Morning
Elle - let me just reiterate what Rosie and Raquel said, don´t waste your money on an organised tour in Europe. It´s really not necessary - you´ll be perfectly safe. Just remember the red light areas in Europe´s cities are invariably round the major rail stations so avoid
those and you´ll be fine.

Went to Manacor yesterday and saw Rafa´s family´s flats. No sign of the man himself though but JP dreamt he was watching him wrestle an octopus....:haha: - make of that what you wil.

ellen_
05-20-2009, 09:31 AM
:wavey: H. and JP

Rafa wrestling with an octopus :haha: What an image. You know that's actually a sport? With Championships? :rolls: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus_wrestling

Enjoy the rest of your time there :hug:

Didn't know Dima was out of RG :eek: :sobbing: I lost 3 countrymates too, and Xavier Malisse pulled out :rolleyes: Thanks boys, honestly.

ellewoods
05-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Elle - let me just reiterate what Rosie and Raquel said, don“t waste your money on an organised tour in Europe. It“s really not necessary - you“ll be perfectly safe. Just remember the red light areas in Europe“s cities are invariably round the major rail stations so avoid
those and you“ll be fine.

Went to Manacor yesterday and saw Rafa“s family“s flats. No sign of the man himself though but JP dreamt he was watching him wrestle an octopus....:haha: - make of that what you wil.

Thanks Herdwick. Hope you're having a tonne a fun. Sure sound like you are :)

:lol: Ellen, I didn't know octopus wrestling was a real sport. Ahh, the things humans get up to :rolls:

ellen_
05-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I think JP watched Night at the Museum 2. I just saw a preview where Ben Stiller fights with a pink octopus :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Elle - let me just reiterate what Rosie and Raquel said, don´t waste your money on an organised tour in Europe. It´s really not necessary - you´ll be perfectly safe. Just remember the red light areas in Europe´s cities are invariably round the major rail stations so avoid
those and you´ll be fine.

Went to Manacor yesterday and saw Rafa´s family´s flats. No sign of the man himself though but JP dreamt he was watching him wrestle an octopus....:haha: - make of that what you wil.

:eek: What an odd dream. My support is firmly with the octopus though :D And - Herdwick - glad you're still having fun, and thanks for stopping by :kiss:
:wavey: H. and JP

Rafa wrestling with an octopus :haha: What an image. You know that's actually a sport? With Championships? :rolls: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus_wrestling

Enjoy the rest of your time there :hug:

Didn't know Dima was out of RG :eek: :sobbing: I lost 3 countrymates too, and Xavier Malisse pulled out :rolleyes: Thanks boys, honestly.

Yes :sad: I am really sad about that too :tears: Poor Dima - seems he hasn't yet fully recovered from his surgery.

Oh - and almost forgot to say - hello to all :wavey:

arm
05-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Herdwick :bounce: How is the weather? I hope it's sunny because there are some amzing and not so visited by tourist beaches in Mallorca. :inlove: I am not a beach person and even I must confess that I like them. :rolls:

Everyone :hug:

Lee
05-20-2009, 04:11 PM
:wavey: Morning, afternoon, evening everyone!

Back to lurking mode.

arm
05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Lee, you have been sleeping right? :rolls:

I need a kiwi. Be right back. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Raquel and Lee :wavey:

Lee - why are you lurking and not posting? :confused:

arm
05-20-2009, 04:25 PM
My kiwi :inlove:

Rosie :bounce: Tell me some news! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
My kiwi :inlove:

Rosie :bounce: Tell me some news! :bounce:

I don't like kiwis :awww:

News :shrug: Well I have none really :shrug: Just home from work, should be doing some laundry/cooking dinner, but I'm on here instead :o Looking forward to my trip to RG. Weather is still unnaturally cold for May :sad: All my :cat: are asleep - so nothing very exciting at all :o How about you? I'm sure you lead a far more exciting life than me :D

arm
05-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't like kiwis :awww:

News :shrug: Well I have none really :shrug: Just home from work, should be doing some laundry/cooking dinner, but I'm on here instead :o Looking forward to my trip to RG. Weather is still unnaturally cold for May :sad: All my :cat: are asleep - so nothing very exciting at all :o How about you? I'm sure you lead a far more exciting life than me :D

Exciting? Well, let's just say that in 2 weeks I start with my exams and I really do not have time to study everything. :rolls: So I should be studying right now. :o But it will all be ok.

Apart from that, yesterday I got a present from João. :inlove: He knows I love Lonely Planet guides and that I have been wanting to buy the one about Spain for ages, so he offered me it yesterday. It was a total surprise, I have no idea why he came up with that idea yesterday. :shrug:

Also, today I woke up at 7 am :spit: to go to my faculty's library and study with a friend. :sad:

I almost forgot! Yesterday I saw "Angels and demons" - the film - and I quite liked it. :shrug: I mean, I read the book ages ago, but I enjoyed the film as well.

What else? :scratch:

arm
05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
PS: I need to change my location. :tape: I am using the "Fantasy Island" one, but now that the title is differente, I am afraid I am going to copy/paste your loccation. :nerner: It's easier than writing it myself. :rolls: :o

Lee
05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Just not in chatting mood. :sad: My eyes are tired (from not enough sleeping although it's better last night since I didn't drink any caffeine) and itchy (because of the allergy problem)

I much prefer to stay the whole summer in Canada (once my son is out of school) with nice weather and NO ALLERGY PROBLEM. But my sister's place has ZERO tennis coverage on her TV :p

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Exciting? Well, let's just say that in 2 weeks I start with my exams and I really do not have time to study everything. :rolls: So I should be studying right now. :o But it will all be ok.

Apart from that, yesterday I got a present from Joćo. :inlove: He knows I love Lonely Planet guides and that I have been wanting to buy the one about Spain for ages, so he offered me it yesterday. It was a total surprise, I have no idea why he came up with that idea yesterday. :shrug:

Also, today I woke up at 7 am :spit: to go to my faculty's library and study with a friend. :sad:

I almost forgot! Yesterday I saw "Angels and demons" - the film - and I quite liked it. :shrug: I mean, I read the book ages ago, but I enjoyed the film as well.

What else? :scratch:

Joćo :worship: He sounds like a great guy - be good to him :D What a nice surprise for you.

Glad you enjoyed the movie - I haven't seen it, but must admit I liked the book too. Lots of people sneer at Dan Brown's writing style, but ifyou just want something easy to read when you're travelling orsomething, I think he's excellent and keeps you entertained.

PS: I need to change my location. :tape: I am using the "Fantasy Island" one, but now that the title is differente, I am afraid I am going to copy/paste your loccation. :nerner: It's easier than writing it myself. :rolls: :o

How lazy can you get? :rolleyes: :nerner:

Lee
05-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Raquel, I don't care whether you need to study or there's exam, when Nole is playing, YOU HAVE TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!! :armed:

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Raquel, I don't care whether you need to study or there's exam, when Nole is playing, YOU HAVE TO WATCH!!!!!!!!!! :armed:

I totally agree with that :unsure:

Just not in chatting mood. :sad: My eyes are tired (from not enough sleeping although it's better last night since I didn't drink any caffeine) and itchy (because of the allergy problem)

I much prefer to stay the whole summer in Canada (once my son is out of school) with nice weather and NO ALLERGY PROBLEM. But my sister's place has ZERO tennis coverage on her TV :p

:hug: Having sore, tired eyes is horrible. And must admit going to Canada sounds great to me. Can't you take your laptop and watch the tennis on livestreams?

arm
05-20-2009, 04:52 PM

:awww: Well, I have pretty much zero coverage - oh well not really, but it doesn't really make a difference - and I get by quite well with livestreams. ;)

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

João :worship: He sounds like a great guy - be good to him :D What a nice surprise for you.

Glad you enjoyed the movie - I haven't seen it, but must admit I liked the book too. Lots of people sneer at Dan Brown's writing style, but ifyou just want something easy to read when you're travelling orsomething, I think he's excellent and keeps you entertained.

How lazy can you get? :rolleyes: :nerner:

Exactly. :worship: I really liked the book, but I read it when I was 14 or so, so the type of books I was looking for is not the same I do now. But I do think it's a very nice book and very good guide of Rome. :inlove:

Oh well :rolleyes: It's not like I am great help. I could only ALMOST make him beat Nadal, I couldn't actually do it completely. When he won that fisrt set I really thought I was a lucky charm to him. :bigcry: But I realized I am not. :(

Anyway, I cannot miss a Nole's match. You know that. :p I love the guy. :shrug:

Lee
05-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Rose, I will bring my laptop to Canada with me. Can't leave/live without it :rolls: But I stayed in my sister's basement (not a dungeon :lol: ) but really nice. Unfortunately, no wireless signal there. The only place I can set up my laptop and connect with internet is the dining room. Last year, even I spent much less time on internet while I was there, my sister complained about me (and hubby) spent too much time on the net. :p (yes, she's the big sister and matriarch of the family)

Lee
05-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Now I really need to rest my eyes so :wavey:

Have a great day ladies! :hug:

arm
05-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Get better, Lee. :smooch:

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Now I really need to rest my eyes so :wavey:

Have a great day ladies! :hug:

OK - take care :hug: Hope you feel better soon.

Rose, I will bring my laptop to Canada with me. Can't leave/live without it :rolls: But I stayed in my sister's basement (not a dungeon :lol: ) but really nice. Unfortunately, no wireless signal there. The only place I can set up my laptop and connect with internet is the dining room. Last year, even I spent much less time on internet while I was there, my sister complained about me (and hubby) spent too much time on the net. :p (yes, she's the big sister and matriarch of the family)

Ah - I see the problem. Hope you'll be able to sort something out nearer the time.

*Raine
05-20-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm addicted to Taylor Swift's song.. Love Story. :o:tape::tape::tape::tape:

Asians ftw!! I'm glad you had fun. :D:dance:

arm
05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Rosie, would you cook dinner for me today? Not just Alex? I really am hungry and I really don't feel like cooking. :o

Raine :wavey::hug:

*Raine
05-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Rosie, would you cook dinner for me today? Not just Alex? I really am hungry and I really don't feel like cooking. :o

:wavey: Raquel

I love your avatar btw. Which reminds me, I need to request a new Nole sig to my friend. :angel::D

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 05:17 PM

:awww: It would be a pleasure. But can you get here within the next hour and a half? :shrug: Get Joao to cook for you :) or better still - take you out for dinner!

:wavey: Raquel

I love your avatar btw. Which reminds me, I need to request a new Nole sig to my friend. :angel::D

Raine :wavey: :kiss:

arm
05-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Joćo has classes until 8pm. And I don't feel like having him here today or leaving my place at all. I feel like doing nothing at all. :shrug:

If I had a private plane, I'd be at your place in time. :awww: But I am still deciding which model to buy, it's a tough decision. :shrug: :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Joćo has classes until 8pm. And I don't feel like having him here today or leaving my place at all. I feel like doing nothing at all. :shrug:

If I had a private plane, I'd be at your place in time. :awww: But I am still deciding which model to buy, it's a tough decision. :shrug: :rolls:

:hug: Do you like Chinese food? We're having stir-fry tonight, with black beans and yellow peppers. Probably not authentic to Lee's standards :o but it's quick, easy and healthy, and we both like it :D

arm
05-20-2009, 05:37 PM
:hug: Do you like Chinese food? We're having stir-fry tonight, with black beans and yellow peppers. Probably not authentic to Lee's standards :o but it's quick, easy and healthy, and we both like it :D

Sounds tasty :lick:

Oh well, pasta it is. I have to cook. be back later :wavey::hug:

Enjoy your meal. ;)

*Raine
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
:awww: It would be a pleasure. But can you get here within the next hour and a half? :shrug: Get Joao to cook for you :) or better still - take you out for dinner!

Raine :wavey: :kiss:

:wavey: Rose

I'm starting to fall asleep in front of the computer waiting for my dad. :zzz:

I need something much stronger than coffee to keep me awake. :p

EDIT: Ah, and here he is. :haha:

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Sounds tasty :lick:

Oh well, pasta it is. I have to cook. be back later :wavey::hug:

Enjoy your meal. ;)

OK thanks - I will have to go and start cooking now too. Later :kiss:

I'm starting to fall asleep in front of the computer waiting for my dad. :zzz:

I need something much stronger than coffee to keep me awake. :p

EDIT: Ah, and here he is. :haha:

:D Is your Dad coming home today? Wow - that's great.

*Raine
05-20-2009, 05:58 PM
OK thanks - I will have to go and start cooking now too. Later :kiss:

:D Is your Dad coming home today? Wow - that's great.

He came home last week, and he has one more week left before he goes back to work. :) As for today, he had to go to a funeral so I waited for him. :)

I'm going to bed soon. :kiss:

w/

:angel: nvm

:p

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 06:13 PM
He came home last week, and he has one more week left before he goes back to work. :) As for today, he had to go to a funeral so I waited for him. :)

I'm going to bed soon. :kiss:

w/

:angel: nvm

:p

Have a nice night :D And behave :nerner: :lol:

*Raine
05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Have a nice night :D And behave :nerner: :lol:

Behave? Sorry I don't know the meaning of that word. :nerner:

:wavey: Good night.

PS: :lol: Feds put his name at the end of his twitter post again.

ellen_
05-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Party tonight :banana: So I will say goodnight and sweet dreams already :wavey:

*Ljubica*
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Party tonight :banana: So I will say goodnight and sweet dreams already :wavey:

Enjoy :hug: And I will wish you a safe journey to Paris now too, - as I believe you're going tomorrow and I won't be able to post from work, so I don't want to miss you. I'll get to Paris on Saturday evening, but I won't be going to RG then - just unpacking, going to the shops to stock up on food etc for the apartment, and then getting an early night - so I'll send you an SMS on Sunday morning when we know the OOP, and we can arrange where to meet then :D I always find Practice Courts are a good place, because it's less crowded there than other parts of the complex.

Anyway - I'll be in touch and see you soon :D

ellen_
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Enjoy :hug: And I will wish you a safe journey to Paris now too, - as I believe you're going tomorrow and I won't be able to post from work, so I don't want to miss you. I'll get to Paris on Saturday evening, but I won't be going to RG then - just unpacking, going to the shops to stock up on food etc for the apartment, and then getting an early night - so I'll send you an SMS on Sunday morning when we know the OOP, and we can arrange where to meet then :D I always find Practice Courts are a good place, because it's less crowded there than other parts of the complex.

Anyway - I'll be in touch and see you soon :D

Thanks :hug: I leave to the train station around 3pm, but I have to pack first :help: Does anyone hate packing as much as I do? It's so stressful! And with my memory, I could easily forget things like underwear :shrug:

See ya soon, Rosie :wavey:

Lee
05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks :hug: I leave to the train station around 3pm, but I have to pack first :help: Does anyone hate packing as much as I do? It's so stressful! And with my memory, I could easily forget things like underwear :shrug:

See ya soon, Rosie :wavey:

And I need to pack for 3 people plus 1 dog. :p

Lee
05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
kalisita, good luck with the Pens tonight!!

Go Pens Go!

*Ljubica*
05-21-2009, 04:45 PM

And I need to pack for 3 people plus 1 dog. :p

Lee :wavey:How are you feeling today? Any better?

Lee
05-21-2009, 04:51 PM

Much better today. Not as watery (a little rain from last 2 days helped) and tired (decent sleeping)! Thanks!

How are you today?

*Ljubica*
05-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Much better today. Not as watery (a little rain from last 2 days helped) and tired (decent sleeping)! Thanks!

How are you today?

Pleased to hear it :D Yes - I'm OK thanks. Today was my last day in the Office til next Thursday (working from home tomorrow, Public Holiday on Monday, and then two days annual leave :) ) so that is always good! Getting ready for my RG trip - and looking forward to meeting Ellen there.

arm
05-21-2009, 06:12 PM
:fiery: All day studying. :awww: And more to come. :mad:

*Ljubica*
05-21-2009, 06:19 PM
:fiery: All day studying. :awww: And more to come. :mad:

Raquel :hug: Poor baby. Be strong - it will all be over soon :)