It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

ellewoods
04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Well, we won't have to take him to bed anymore now - since they're back in Europe :awww: We've been in bed for a long time now, it's time for him and for us to stretch the legs. And I'm sure he'll become the clay monster of the year, so I don't think that's nice to have in your bed anyway :shrug: :rolls:.

I reckon I will still be in bed with Nole ;)

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
I'll reply to that one here ;)

Purple :tape:

No he didn't :awww: But we did some quiz and he asked if I wanted to team up with him, and he got me chair so I could sit with him :hearts: :rolls:

That's true love :inlove:

Thoroughly glumped now. Weather looks rotten all week. :bigcry:

:awww: Sorry to hear that :sad: Maybe the forecasters are wrong? :D Must admit I've often been quite chilly in MC - especially during evening matches - there's always a nasty breeze coming off the sea. I've worn gloves there before :o

I reckon I will still be in bed with Nole ;)

:lol: So we'll all know who to blame if he loses to Benetteau? :o Poor lad was just too damn tired and it was all your fault :p

ellewoods
04-11-2009, 12:34 PM
:lol: So we'll all know who to blame if he loses to Benetteau? :o Poor lad was just too damn tired and it was all your fault :p

Not to worry ladies, I promise he will be fresh for the match :)

arm
04-11-2009, 12:37 PM
How am I a bad influence? :eek:

:zzz: I just woke up. :dance:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Forecast is rotten on the BBC, meteo.fr and Le Monde. Chances of them all being wrong are low. Don't mind being cold but rain is a killer. And there'll be nothing else to do. Am beginning to think this was a mistake. Grrr...

Morning R - you join me in sombre mood.

arm
04-11-2009, 12:40 PM
If Nole was on Fed's side of the draw, he would lose in R3. :shrug: This way he may win the title. :bounce:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 12:41 PM
He is on Fed's side... :confused:

arm
04-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Forecast is rotten on the BBC, meteo.fr and Le Monde. Chances of them all being wrong are low. Don't mind being cold but rain is a killer. And there'll be nothing else to do. Am beginning to think this was a mistake. Grrr...

Why is so? You're tavelling tomorrow! :bounce: Should be excited!

arm
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
He is on Fed's side... :confused:

he is not! I just saw the draw! He is? Am I still sleeping?

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I was until I saw the forecast.

If I've shelled out upwards of Euro300 for tickets and get or no little play I shall not be a happy bunny :explode:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/410/mds.pdf

Indupitably in Roger's half - on the right.

arm
04-11-2009, 12:43 PM
:haha: He really is! :woohoo: :bounce: :banana: Thank dear God! :bounce:

Ok, starting all over again: Murray won't past the SF :woohoo: and Nole has a great chance of getting to the final and winning it! :bounce:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 12:47 PM
:rolleyes: By what logic do you work that out - he's unlikely to even get past Almagro or Nando, let alone beat Murray or Rafa in the final

arm
04-11-2009, 12:49 PM
:rolleyes: By what logic do you work that out - he's unlikely to even get past Almagro or Nando, let alone beat Murray or Rafa in the final

:rolls: If Nole loses to either Almagro or Nando, he is not coming back this year. :shrug::lol:

Are you that sombre today that you can't see him beating Almagro or Nando? Oh come on! :bounce:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Yep - am sunk in gloom.

Shame - was really looking forward to this; now I'd rather stay home.

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Not to worry ladies, I promise he will be fresh for the match :)

:lol: You are too kind :D

Raquel :wavey:

Don't they still have one covered court at MC though? So at least you can watch some tennis.

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Rosie - have been searching the MC website for policy on rainchecks but can find nothing. Do you have any info please?

arm
04-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Yep - am sunk in gloom.

Shame - was really looking forward to this; now I'd rather stay home.

You get the heel over it, woman! :mad: Who the hell are you? You're Herdwick, you're no common person. You're going to get up tomorrow, put in your face your sunglasses and go and enjoy sunny Monaco and Nice - because it will be sunny. This is not you. :shrug: So you better wake up and enjoy for all of us! Or do you want to change? You'll attend my classes and I'll go to Monaco. Deal? :angel: Seriously, do you have any reason to be feeling like that? Is it because of the draw? Get over it, the draw is as easy as we could wish for. :shrug:

Com on, Herdwick. :bounce: You need to go in your best ironic and sarcastic mood, just the way we like you :hug: and use all your good vibes with Nole. :bounce: You need to go and have fun for all of us that are staying at home! :bounce::hug:

End of sermon :rolls:

Rosie :hug:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Rosie - have been searching the MC website for policy on rainchecks but can find nothing. Do you have any info please?

Actually - no - sorry :awww: I've never had occasion to use it, because the weather has always been OK when I've been there in the past ,- a little chilly sometimes perhaps, but I think only two days of :rain: and, even then, there was enough play to get a couple of matches in. Guess you could email them and ask? Their Information Centre is usually pretty good. Sorry I can't help further.

Try not to be too :sad: though. You're still on holiday and not working, and the South of France is nice at anytime :D

ellewoods
04-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Herdwick, be happy!! Be cheerful! Have fun. Think of the rest of us stuck at home tackling piles of legal readings - now that's an occasion to be :sad:

So chin up buttercup!

ellewoods
04-11-2009, 01:09 PM
:rolls: If Nole loses to either Almagro or Nando, he is not coming back this year. :shrug::lol:

Are you that sombre today that you can't see him beating Almagro or Nando? Oh come on! :bounce:

Actually, I can see him beating Almagro, despite the guy having won a clay court title already...but that win was over a depleted field :shrug:

Nando might be a different story though...unless he has some sort of headcase moment or a poor play day, he should give Nole a match.

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 01:10 PM
The trival round; the common Herdwick :haha:

Sorry - I agree there is nothing so unattractive as self-pity. I condemn it unreservedly in others so shall stop whining.

JP is also resolutely optimistic and is busily quoting stats as to how unreliable forecasts are. So my apologies.

Baked beans on toast have been eaten and normal service shall now be resumed...:bounce:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Herdwick, be happy!! Be cheerful! Have fun. Think of the rest of us stuck at home tackling piles of legal readings - now that's an occasion to be :sad:

So chin up buttercup!

I think I would rather tackle legal readings, than spend time with my ghastly Afghani Asylum Seekers :devil: So - yes - cheer up Herdwick :hug: Or I will suggest you look after my boys :rolleyes: whilst I sit in the Monte Carlo Beach Hotel sipping cocktails and fighting off the unwanted attentions of Mr. Stepanek....... though on second thoughts....... :p Honestly - it may work out much better than you think!

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:13 PM

Sorry - I agree there is nothing so unattractive as self-pity. I condemn it unreservedly in others so shall stop whining.

JP is also resolutely optimistic and is busily quoting stats as to how unreliable forecasts are. So my apologies.

Baked beans on toast have been eaten and normal service shall now be resumed...:bounce:

Nothing like a good plate of beans on toast (as long as it's Heinz of course) to set the world to rights! See we're back to British comfort food again :lol:

arm
04-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Actually, I can see him beating Almagro, despite the guy having won a clay court title already...but that win was over a depleted field :shrug:

Nando might be a different story though...unless he has some sort of headcase moment or a poor play day, he should give Nole a match.

Sorry, but like we say in my country, Nole losing to Almagro or Verdasco for me is "ver para crer". Meaning: I can only believe it if I see it happen. :shrug:

Nole has serious conffidence problems when he is playing Tsonga, Murray, Fed or Nadal. Apart from that, its the players playing him that start the match :unsure: and :scared:. :shrug:

The only way I can see Nole losing to either of them is being in a very, very bad day. And although nole hasn't been the Nole we wish since the year started, he is not playing THAT badly right now. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Sorry, but like we say in my country, Nole losing to Almagro or Verdasco for me is "ver para crer". Meaning: I can only believe it if I see it happen. :shrug:

Nole has serious conffidence problems when he is playing Tsonga, Murray, Fed or Nadal. Apart from that, its the players playing him that start the match :unsure: and :scared:. :shrug:

The only way I can see Nole losing to either of them is being in a very, very bad day. And although nole hasn't been the Nole we wish since the year started, he is not playing THAT badly right now. :shrug:

I think the problem is that all these other players aren't :unsure: of Nole anymore :shrug: A year or so ago, then I agree, but this year he has shown his weaknesses, and his lack of both confidence and focus, and I think most players go into a match with him thinking they have a fair chance, the same as they do against Roger :sad:

ellewoods
04-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Nothing like a good plate of beans on toast (as long as it's Heinz of course) to set the world to rights! See we're back to British comfort food again :lol:

mmm, baked beans. My favourite is with scrambled eggs over thick buttered toast :drool: its nearly midnight and i am craving breakfast food :rolls:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:17 PM
mmm, baked beans. My favourite is with scrambled eggs over thick buttered toast :drool: its nearly midnight and i am craving breakfast food :rolls:

Breakfast food can be eaten all day in my opinion :D I often have a bowl of cornflakes late at night - always have :shrug:

arm
04-11-2009, 01:18 PM

That's more like it! :bounce: JP :yeah:, your man is made of the same material I am? :bounce::hug:

ellewoods
04-11-2009, 01:18 PM

I always wonder about the confidence issues over Tsonga...how did the SB worm (hehe pun intended Rose ;)) his way into Nole's psyche? I would almost include Roddick in that group now too.

Okay, I will go into MC with restrained optimism...if there is such a thing :lol:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 01:19 PM
They were indeed Heinz - JP insists - although I am fond of the Branston ones.

Nole will play with unparalleled confidence and will soar to new heights on clay.:woohoo:

arm
04-11-2009, 01:20 PM
I think the problem is that all these other players aren't :unsure: of Nole anymore :shrug: A year or so ago, then I agree, but this year he has shown his weaknesses, and his lack of both confidence and focus, and I think most players go into a match with him thinking they have a fair chance, the same as they do against Roger :sad:

I disagree. :shrug: Now that Nole is not as fit as he was, they even feel more pressure because they feel they have a chance against him. Seriously, Nole very well knows how do deal with those opponents nerves and how to play them. :shrug: Like I said, Nole losing to either of them is something I can only believe if I see it. :shrug: Of course I could be wrong, but this is my opinion.

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:21 PM
I always wonder about the confidence issues over Tsonga...how did the SB worm (hehe pun intended Rose ;)) his way into Nole's psyche? I would almost include Roddick in that group now too.

Okay, I will go into MC with restrained optimism...if there is such a thing :lol:

:hysteric: That damned Czech is following me everywhere :help:

Btw - completely random and off-topic, - but does anyone here know when the draw will be made for the DC relegation/promotion playoffs? We were talking about annual leave for later in the year at work the other day, and I wondered when we'd know who Serbia would be playing in September, and whether I need to book some time off to go and watch :)

I disagree. :shrug: Now that Nole is not as fit as he was, they even feel more pressure because they feel they have a chance against him. Seriously, Nole very well knows how do deal with those opponents nerves and how to play them. :shrug: Like I said, Nole losing to either of them is something I can only believe if I see it. :shrug: Of course I could be wrong, but this is my opinion.

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree completely :shrug: I honestly think that the 2009 Nole doesn't have a clue how to deal with these opponents - his head gets in a mess, and that's the problem. Wish it was different, but it's just how I see it.

arm
04-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Seriously girls, do you actually believe NOle will be at this stage forever? He won't! He is only 21 he has a whole career in front of him! Who was Federer at 21? :) Nole will get over this sooner than you think. We have to believe and have faith! :bounce:

arm
04-11-2009, 01:24 PM

I wouldn't. Roddick is not in his head. Not his person. It's big servers. Once he plays them and just can't break them after 1, 2 or 3 BP, he starts getting frustrated. But it's not Roddick himself. Do you understand what I mean?

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Seriously girls, do you actually believe NOle will be at this stage forever? He won't! He is only 21 he has a whole career in front of him! Who was Federer at 21? :) Nole will get over this sooner than you think. We have to believe and have faith! :bounce:

No - not forever at all :shrug: He has the talent and that just doesn't disappear overnight. However, I do seriously think that this "bad moment" in his career could easily last all year, and it will take a break in the off-season and a drop in the rankings to help him re-group and re-emerge as a top "star" again 2010 onwards.

I also think we shouldn't be blind to the fact that some players can be talented as hell, and still struggle with good results and concentration the whole of their careers - like Safin for example. He won a GS very young and reached almost Number 1 - and after that his career was a mixture of great results and a few really bad losses and bad moments :shrug: Just my opinion anyway.

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
No - not forever at all :shrug: He has the talent and that just doesn't disappear overnight. However, I do seriously think that this "bad moment" in his career could easily last all year, and it will take a break in the off-season and a drop in the rankings to help him re-group and re-emerge as a top "star" againn 2010 onwards. Just my opinion anyway.

Think you're right. Quite reasonable to expect an off-year after a fairly meteoric rise - plenty of precedents in the past. It just seems that the bar of success is set higher these days and - more worrying - a player's career is that much shorter. And the Safin example is always at the back of one's mind, especially for someone as - ahem, shall we say versatile and lively - as Nole...:scared:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Think you're right. Quite reasonable to expect an off-year after a fairly meteoric rise - plenty of precedents in the past. It just seems that the bar of success is set higher these days and - more worrying - a player's career is that much shorter.

Yes - you're right - there aren't so many players who carry on way into their 30's like they did in earlier times. Agassi was definitely the exception not the rule by doing that recently. They always say the "second year" is the worst don't they? And although Nole obviously had great success in 2007, it was 2008 where he won a Grand Slam and The Masters', so I guess any year after that will be a bit of a comedown :shrug:

arm
04-11-2009, 01:41 PM
F*** I wrote a VERY long post and then I got the "error" message. :fiery:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
F*** I wrote a VERY long post and then I got the "error" message. :fiery:

I thought the DataBase Terrors had all disappeared with the long threads? :confused: Don't tell me the MTF servers are f***ed again already?

arm
04-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I thought the DataBase Terrors had all disappeared with the long threads? :confused: Don't tell me the MTF servers are f***ed again already?

It wasn't the database... it was the other one. :mad:

Sriously, it was such an ispiring post. :lol: :mad: I can't believe I lost it all. :awww:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Sriously, it was such an ispiring post. :lol: :mad: I can't believe I lost it all. :awww:

:awww: If you feel like writing it again, save it before you press Submit - that's what I always do with longer posts these days :shrug:

ellewoods
04-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Aww, dont worry! You inspire us by just being here..I mean, you are Fortuna after all right? :hug:

arm
04-11-2009, 01:57 PM
:awww: If you feel like writing it again, save it before you press Submit - that's what I always do with longer posts these days :shrug:

The problem is, I am not capable of writing it all over again. :mad:

Anyway, to sum up, what I basically said was that Nole will use to start of a new season - clay season - to get it together. And evethough he only had a week off to train, etc, I think that what he need sis not a lot of days off, just a few and then start playing again to slowly get his conffidence back. I also think he needs a bit of Murray's or Nadal's luck, if they wouldn't mind to lend it. :shrug:

arm
04-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Aww, dont worry! You inspire us by just being here..I mean, you are Fortuna after all right? :hug:

:awww: That is an inspiring post to me. :worship: :hug: :smooch:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I kind of forgot MC quallies had started :o Don't believe Misha Youzhny lost a set to J. Ouanna (whoever he is :o ) Come on Misha - get it together man - I miss you :awww:

ellewoods
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
:awww: That is an inspiring post to me. :worship: :hug: :smooch:

:kiss:

Alright, I'm off to sleep and to NOT dream of purple worms.

:wavey: talk again soon.

arm
04-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I kind of forgot MC quallies had started :o Don't believe Misha Youzhny lost a set to J. Ouanna (whoever he is :o ) Come on Misha - get it together man - I miss you :awww:

I almost forgot he existed :eek: What happened to him?

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I almost forgot he existed :eek: What happened to him?

Some injuries last year, and then a bad lack of confidence :sad: I've always had a soft spot for him. He carried my bags into a Hotel once - a total gentleman and a star :inlove:

:kiss:

Alright, I'm off to sleep and to NOT dream of purple worms.

:wavey: talk again soon.

How can you be so sure :unsure: The Purple Worms get everywhere :lol: Sleep well :hug:

arm
04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Some injuries last year, and then a bad lack of confidence :sad: I've always had a soft spot for him. He carried my bags into a Hotel once - a total gentleman and a star :inlove:

How can you be so sure :unsure: The Purple Worms get everywhere :lol: Sleep well :hug:

Really? :hearts: How nice from him! I liked him, and his game. I had him as a guy capable of beat the top 3.

But I must confess his behaviour on court was a bit over the limitis, IMO. :rolls:

Running:Free
04-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Anyway, to sum up, what I basically said was that Nole will use to start of a new season - clay season - to get it together.

Agreed. Exhibit A - JJ. After having a terrible start on HCs, she seems to have found some steadiness on clay. Hopefully, the surface switch will help Nole too.

Nole will play with unparalleled confidence and will soar to new heights on clay.:woohoo:

:rocker2: :lol:

We talk. He understands that I am not sanctioning him having girl friends. It's OK to be interested in girl, that's very normal and if he has a girl friend, I will love to know her/know about her. :lol: Anyway, he's more interested in gossipping about his friends than having an affair :rolls:

Lee Jr. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Really? :hearts: How nice from him! I liked him, and his game. I had him as a guy capable of beat the top 3.

But I must confess his behaviour on court was a bit over the limitis, IMO. :rolls:

Yes he did - his Mother was with him though - so I always thought she kind of nagged him into it :lol: You know - "see that poor lady struggling with her bags over there? Be a good boy and go and help her" :lol:

But - yes - he's a bit of a headcase. But you know I've always liked headcases :o

arm
04-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry Rosie, I went downstairs to the garden with my 2 year old cousin. He has been sick so he stayed locked inside home for the last 6 days, so now that he is a lot better I took him to run around the swimming pool and get some fresh air. :)

I understand what you mean. :rolls:

arm
04-11-2009, 03:12 PM
And now I am going to eat chocolate ice cream with sweet condensed milk on the top. :lick:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Sorry Rosie, I went downstairs to the garden with my 2 year old cousin. He has been sick so he stayed locked inside home for the last 6 days, so now that he is a lot better I took him to run around the swimming pool and get some fresh air. :)

I understand what you mean. :rolls:

:awww: I hope he feels better soon!

And now I am going to eat chocolate ice cream with sweet condensed milk on the top. :lick:

:lick: And guess what I have? Belgian Chocolate Cheesecake :hearts: :inlove: Alex just went out to buy some cigarattes, and obviously came back via the Bakery! He knows the way to my heart for sure :D

arm
04-11-2009, 03:23 PM
:awww: I hope he feels better soon!

He is feeling better already. His name is André, he is sitting right next to me and just pointed to my computer when he saw your avatar and said "miau". :cat: :rolls:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 03:24 PM
He is feeling better already. His name is André, he is sitting right next to me and just pointed to my computer when he saw your avatar and said "miau". :cat: :rolls:

Hola André :kiss:

arm
04-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Hola André :kiss:

Now he just spilt his youghurt all over me, his air and th sofa. :rolls:

I love children. :awww: I am showing him youtube video like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWwvVwxySEE. I loved Dartacão. :awww:

arm
04-11-2009, 03:30 PM
BTW, chocolate ice cream with sweet condensate milk rocks. :hearts:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Now he just spilt his youghurt all over me, his air and th sofa. :rolls:

I love children. :awww: I am showing him youtube video like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWwvVwxySEE. I loved Dartacão. :awww:

:awww: Cute :lol: Must admit I have way more patience with :cat: and :dog: than children :o My patience with kids isn't that good to be honest :o

Glad you enjoyed your chocolate - I'm saving my cheesecake for a bit later on :drool:

arm
04-11-2009, 03:43 PM
:awww: Cute :lol: Must admit I have way more patience with :cat: and :dog: than children :o My patience with kids isn't that good to be honest :o

Glad you enjoyed your chocolate - I'm saving my cheesecake for a bit later on :drool:

I have lots of patience to children, but I must confess, unlike 90% of female medical students, pediatrics and obstetrics are not in my list of options. :rolls:

pica_pica
04-11-2009, 03:43 PM
wow so many good desserts......salivating
I have pictures of cakes as my screensaver!

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 03:45 PM

:lol: You are a lady with good taste then :)

I have lots of patience to children, but I must confess, unlike 90% of female medical students, pediatrics and obstetrics are not in my list of options. :rolls:

Why's that? Because they are not challenging enough? Or some other reason?

arm
04-11-2009, 03:45 PM

You're kiddin? :rolls:

:wavey::kiss:

arm
04-11-2009, 03:53 PM
:lol: You are a lady with good taste then :)

Why's that? Because they are not challenging enough? Or some other reason?

I guess it's because eventhough I really love kids I don't want to make a proffession out of them. Does that make any sense?

For example, I loved dancing ballet, and I did for 14 years but I never even considered the possibility of becoming a proffesional.

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I guess it's because eventhough I really love kids I don't want to make a proffession out of them. Does that make any sense?

For example, I loved dancing ballet, and I did for 14 years but I never even considered the possibility of becoming a proffesional.

Yes - it makes perfect sense. Coincidentally, I was talking earlier today to a guy on CD's thread, who adores cooking but never wanted to be a Chef. Sometimes, once your hobby becomes your job, it becomes mundane and all the fun and enjoyment goes out of it.

arm
04-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Yes - it makes perfect sense. Coincidentally, I was talking earlier today to a guy on CD's thread, who adores cooking but never wanted to be a Chef. Sometimes, once your hobby becomes your job, it becomes mundane and all the fun and enjoyment goes out of it.

Exactly. :9 Also, I always said I doubt I'll ever want to have kids, if I make them my proffession, I am sure I will never have them. .shrug:

It's strange. :shrug:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 04:05 PM
:woohoo: Happy Herdwick

Arsenal win 4-1 away to Wigan :bounce: Excellent Russian stream too thanks to Arshavin's presence.

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 04:08 PM

Arsenal win 4-1 away to Wigan :bounce: Excellent Russian stream too thanks to Arshavin's presence.

Congrats to Arsenal :D Glad you're happier now Herdwick - a :sad: Herdwick is kind of disturbing :awww:

Exactly. :9 Also, I always said I doubt I'll ever want to have kids, if I make them my proffession, I am sure I will never have them. .shrug:

It's strange. :shrug:

Well I work a lot with kids - maybe that's why I never really wanted them either :shrug:

arm
04-11-2009, 04:10 PM

:woohoo: She is back! :bounce:

Congrats to Arsenal :D Glad you're happier now Herdwick - a :sad: Herdwick is kind of disturbing :awww:

Totally agree. :D Disturbing and scary. :scared:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm thinking of a sunny, happy new thread title to send Herdwick off to MC in a good frame of mind. Something along the lines of "The Sun Always Shines on our Fantasy Island" or similar - what do you girls think?

arm
04-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm thinking of a sunny, happy new thread title to send Herdwick off to MC in a good frame of mind. Something along the lines of "The Sun Always Shines on our Fantasy Island" or similar - what do you girls think?

I think it's great! :bounce: You could also add "Cheering for Nole and Herdwick in MC :bounce:". :lol:

I just posted in Roger's forum, they have such a nice chat thread title. Something like "no matter what we will always cheer for Roger". It's so nice :awww: :). And it's exactly what we do with our Nole :inlove:.

arm
04-11-2009, 04:19 PM
:rolls: You saw my post. :p

Did you read the part where I said I should study? :lol: I really should. :(

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I think it's great! :bounce: You could also add "Cheering for Nole and Herdwick in MC :bounce:". :lol:

I just posted in Roger's forum, they have such a nice chat thread title. Something like "no matter what we will always cheer for Roger". It's so nice :awww: :). And it's exactly what we do with our Nole :inlove:.

So did I :) In fact I originally clicked on it because I saw your name as last poster and assumed it was a new Nole thread :o But I agree - it is a nice title. OK - will see how much I can fit into a title page!!!

arm
04-11-2009, 04:22 PM
So did I :) In fact I originally clicked on it because I saw your name as last poster and assumed it was a new Nole thread :o But I agree - it is a nice title. OK - will see how much I can fit into a title page!!!

I remember that too. :unsure: It probably won't fit. :(

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 04:22 PM
:bounce: Thank you people - but I do not deserve the honour of a title mention. Variations on fantasy land are fine or how about...

- Infinite riches in a little space.

- The land of perpetual indulgence.

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 04:25 PM
:bounce: Thank you people - but I do not deserve the honour of a title mention. Variations on fantasy land are fine or how about...

You're in there now :p But I can remove you if you prefer.

Done :)

arm
04-11-2009, 04:25 PM

I had that honour and I don't deserve it more than you do. :shrug:

I was finding it strange that you hadn't come with one of your fabulous titles! :lol: :hug:

arm
04-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I :inlove: the title. :bounce:

EDIT: you took out the cheering part? :awww:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 04:27 PM

I love the second one The land of perpetual indulgence. I feel that will be our next title for sure.

I :inlove: the title. :bounce:

EDIT: you took out the cheering part? :awww:

I know - I don't think Herdwick wanted her name in the title so I removed it :sad:

arm
04-11-2009, 04:29 PM
I love the second one The land of perpetual indulgence. I feel that will be our next title for sure.

Must confess I had to google "indulgence". :rolls: But now that I know the meaning, I think it's also a great title. :bounce: And so true. :rolls:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Hear, hear. We shall remain bright and unbowed by care in Noleland no matter what the summer brings.

Arsenal had a a nervy first half but all was well in the end :bounce:

Ellen's Lokeren are away to Standard Liege (JP's nominal Belgian team) but we are struggling to find a stream for that.

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Hear, hear. We shall remain bright and unbowed by care in Noleland no matter what the summer brings.

Ellen's Lokeren are away to Standard Liege (JP's nominal Belgian team) but we are struggling to find a stream for that.

I know Ellen was going to see the match - about a 3 hour drive away she said - so I hope they win for her :)

arm
04-11-2009, 04:35 PM

I heard - or read - and I liked it. :yeah: :bounce: Evethough it's not as optimistic as I'd recomend. :rolls:

Phew, football. Sporting plays in an hour or so. My graddad is crazy about Sporting, I have to move away from this room when the match starts. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I heard - or read - and I liked it. :yeah: :bounce: Evethough it's not as optimistic as I'd recomend. :rolls:

Phew, football. Sporting plays in an hour or so. My graddad is crazy about Sporting, I have to move away from this room when the match starts. :rolls:

I have to go too, - need to cook. But Jelena is about to post some updated photos of the Serbian Open arena, and by the warning :unsure: and :haha: smileys I fear it won't look much better than the last time she posted some, and I'm desparate to see them!

arm
04-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I have to go too, - need to cook. But Jelena is about to post some updated photos of the Serbian Open arena, and by the warning :unsure: and :haha: smileys I fear it won't look much better than the last time she posted some, and I'm desparate to see them!

Thank you, Rosie. You just made me realize I NEED TO STUDY! :bolt:

See you all later :hug: Look forwards to seeing that photo. :rolls:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Ok - we'll up the optimism after I've packed.

SL are doing well aren't they? 2nd or 3rd last time I looked...

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Haven't been checking the scores - I'm sure Ellen will be very :sad: if her team lose though.

OK - off you go to pack then :) Hopefully I'll see you here later - but if not - I wish you a safe flight and a fantastic week away. Please :kiss: Nole and Miljan for me - maybe JP won't mind so much if you tell him the :kiss: are from me and not you :)

arm
04-11-2009, 04:44 PM

2nd... Fighting for the championship :bounce:

I gave up watching the matches, though. I get bored with football now. :awww: I still search for the results but watching a whole match? :scratch: I don't think so. I can only Nole stole my heart. :rolls: If football wants my heart back, some team somewhere is going to have to hire Nole. :haha: :bolt:

Really should go. I'll be back later. have fun packing! I :hearts: packing!

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Randomly - some news - seems that Roger and Mirka just got married http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/rogers/news/newsdetail.cfm?uNewsID=889

Congrats to them - I'm very happy for them both - though if I was Mirka, I wouldn't really want to spend my honeymoon in the Players' Hotel at Monte Carlo whilst Roger was working. :tape: Ah well - good luck to them both anyway.

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 05:19 PM
*Interrupts packing*

Fantastic - that is really wonderful news. :bounce:

I know it's not the thing to say now but I am a huge fan of marriage. You just have to marry the right person - easier said than done perhaps - but when you do, there's nothing better.:inlove:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 06:28 PM
*Interrupts packing*

I know it's not the thing to say now but I am a huge fan of marriage. You just have to marry the right person - easier said than done perhaps - but when you do, there's nothing better.:inlove:

:awww: Guess that comment proves just how happy life in Herdwick Towers really is - and I'm happy for you :D And happy for Roger and Mirka too, if it's what they both want - good luck to them!

Running:Free
04-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Randomly - some news - seems that Roger and Mirka just got married http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/rogers/news/newsdetail.cfm?uNewsID=889

:dance: Happy for them.

Which made me wonder how I'd feel if Nole was to get married, or showed up somewhere already married :eek: :lol:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 06:41 PM
:dance: Happy for them.

Which made me wonder how I'd feel if Nole was to get married, or showed up somewhere already married :eek: :lol:

:lol: Well he's still very young, so I think that day is a long way in the future - but he and Jelena have already been together a few years, so - you never know ;) And I'm sure we'd all be happy for him as long as he was happy :D

arm
04-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Just popped in to say :wavey: bye bye to Herdwick. I'll be back later but by the time I log in both you and Rosie will probably be :zzz: and only the Americans :kiss: will be here.

So Herdwick, have a GREAT and fantastic time with JP and Nole. :devil: Seriously, enjoy your holliday, eat well, drink good beer, cheer for Nole. And BTW, if you're in his match scream something so that we can say "Herdwick was saying hi to us!". :rolls: Ok, kidding. :p Anyway, just have fun and take some photos of Nole :inlove: to share with us.

We'll miss you. :hug::smooch:

Rosie :wavey: G' night, talk to you tomorrow. :hug:

PS: Congrats Roger. :bounce:

*Ljubica*
04-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Goodnight Raquel :wavey:

Personally I think Herdwick and JP should buy matching blue shirts like the Djokovic Family - then they are bound to be on TV and we will see them :p But seriously - I am about to go offline myself - so - once again - have a brilliant time Herdwick - enjoy every moment of your holiday, - hope the weather is kind to you, and that you see all the tennis you want :) If you get a chance to find an Internet Cafe in Nice sometime - please stop by and let us know how you are and what's happening :)

Bye for now :wavey:

Herdwick
04-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks people - well we've both got black polo shirts but they're unlikely to catch the eye and JP stopped me from buying a Serbian flag in Belgrade last year :lol:

Laptop is coming so will try to keep you posted.

Packing done and bath now running - we have an early start so
will say bye for now.:wavey:

arm
04-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Like I said, when I'd come back you'd both be gone. :rolls:

:hug:

Noleta
04-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks people - well we've both got black polo shirts but they're unlikely to catch the eye and JP stopped me from buying a Serbian flag in Belgrade last year :lol:

Laptop is coming so will try to keep you posted.

Packing done and bath now running - we have an early start so
will say bye for now.:wavey:

Have a joyous time:kiss::)

ellen_
04-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Just got home and I see you've been talking about our match. Yes we lost, but I'm not sad :lol: It was very expected and we had the best bus drive ever. Someone brought the I Love the 90's CD so it was great. Dancing and singing on the bus, after a loss :rolls:. I got rid of all my frustrations and I am ready for Ernie's match later today :bounce:

A new title :yeah:

Have a great time Herdwick :wavey: I love Arshavin btw, but I'm still mad you stole them from us - Real Madrid :fiery:

kalisita
04-12-2009, 04:03 AM
:wavey: Morning All!

Just wanted to wish everyone who celebrates today a Happy Easter! Hope the Easter Bunny was good to you all. Hope you can hang on to your baskets! :eek:

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/nona_024/other/penguin1.gif?t=1239506775

Lee
04-12-2009, 04:51 AM

Somehow the Heinz baked beans in North America doesn't taste the same :shrug: I like them on a bowl of hot white rice when I was a kid. :rolls:

Many places in North America served breakfast whole day. ;) And whenever I ate in those places, I ended up eating breakfast instead of foods from lunch or dinner menu

Lee
04-12-2009, 05:06 AM
*Interrupts packing*

Same here. ;) Bon voyage!

Just wanted to wish everyone who celebrates today a Happy Easter! Hope the Easter Bunny was good to you all. Hope you can hang on to your baskets! :eek:

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/nona_024/other/penguin1.gif?t=1239506775

:rolls:

ellewoods
04-12-2009, 05:24 AM

:lol: that gif is brilliant. Happy Easter to you too :)

Also, very happy to hear that Roger and Mirka finally tied the knot. I knew it had to happen sometime soon!

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 10:14 AM

:awww: That is so sweet! And Happy Easter to you too!

Somehow the Heinz baked beans in North America doesn't taste the same :shrug: I like them on a bowl of hot white rice when I was a kid. :rolls:

Many places in North America served breakfast whole day. ;) And whenever I ate in those places, I ended up eating breakfast instead of foods from lunch or dinner menu

We have all-day breakfasts here too :) And as for baked beans - soem non-Brits here will probably cringe at my passion for eating them cold straight out of the tin :o Lots of people do here though :D

Bad, BAD JP :lol: :haha: What can he be afraid of? :tape:

arm
04-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Do you think she has arrived yet? :bounce: Have fun :kiss:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Do you think she has arrived yet? :bounce: Have fun :kiss:

She said she was leaving early, - so probably just got there - but they'll
still have to check-in to the Hotel etc, and find their way around - so I doubt we'll hear from her today. :sad: At least they're playing tennis in MC today, so it can't be :rain:

arm
04-12-2009, 12:38 PM
She said she was leaving early, - so probably just got there - but they'll
still have to check-in to the Hotel etc, and find their way around - so I doubt we'll hear from her today. :sad: At least they're playing tennis in MC today, so it can't be :rain:

Oh no, I wasn't expecting to her from her today. :bounce:

Plans for today? Do nothing and eat a lot of chocolate? :p

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Oh no, I wasn't expecting to her from her today. :bounce:

Plans for today? Do nothing and eat a lot of chocolate? :p

:yeah: Those are my plans for the entire weekend :D Can think of nothing better. I still have half the Belgian Chocolate cheesecake left to finish - would be a shame to waste it ;) How about you?

arm
04-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Study :spit: I did nothing last 6 days, I have to do something now.. :lol:

But I'll be here too. :)

Seems like great plans. ;) I have belgian chocolate here as well. :hearts:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Study :spit: I did nothing last 6 days, I have to do something now.. :lol:

But I'll be here too. :)

Seems like great plans. ;) I have belgian chocolate here as well. :hearts:

So did Alex buy you some as well as me? :lol: Maybe I should be jealous :p Don't work too hard :hug:

arm
04-12-2009, 01:11 PM
So did Alex buy you some as well as me? :lol: Maybe I should be jealous :p Don't work too hard :hug:

No, Rosie. :kiss: Not that serbian, another one. Nole did. :lol:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 01:18 PM
No, Rosie. :kiss: Not that serbian, another one. Nole did. :lol:

:lol: Wonder how he managed to do that behind Jelena's back as she seems to be with him in Monte Carlo :) :secret: Maybe she found out Herdwick was going to be there and got scared :unsure:

arm
04-12-2009, 01:24 PM
:lol: Wonder how he managed to do that behind Jelena's back as she seems to be with him in Monte Carlo :) :secret: Maybe she found out Herdwick was going to be there and got scared :unsure:

He sent me by mail and with the chocolates came a card in which he promised to come and visit me soon or make suer I'll visit him instead. ;) :devil:

Jelena reads our thread for sure :shrug:, that is why she is there. :lol:

Well Rosie, have to go for 1 or 2 hours to study for a while. ;)

Be back later :hug:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 01:29 PM
He sent me by mail and with the chocolates came a card in which he promised to come and visit me soon or make suer I'll visit him instead. ;) :devil:

Jelena reads our thread for sure :shrug:, that is why she is there. :lol:

Well Rosie, have to go for 1 or 2 hours to study for a while. ;)

Be back later :hug:

If I was her I would read it too :unsure: Just to check up on the "opposition" :lol: And it's OK - I need to go and make my lasagne :rolleyes: So I should go too - later I hope :kiss: Enjoy your study.

Dini
04-12-2009, 01:30 PM
:wavey:

Just happened to stumble on this thread :angel:/:devil:

:bolt:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 01:46 PM

:lol: Hi Nadine :wavey: This thread is the best :inlove: Karin posts here sometimes, and you are more than welcome to stop by whenever you want. It used to be called the "In Bed with Nole" thread :p Though maybe you prefer this title? :p If you're lucky sometime you may stumble upon one of our silly YouTube clips or even sillier photos :) OK - back to my lasagne :o Have a good day :hug:

arm
04-12-2009, 01:54 PM

Ok, lats time I post here before studying for a while. :rolls:

It's great here. :bounce: So please come whenever you want. :hug:

Should really go for now. :hug:

Rosie, good luck with the cooking. :hug:

Dini
04-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks for making me feel welcome :hug:

Rosie lasagne sounds very good :drool: I am craving for some delicious italian food myself :awww:

Good look with the studying arm- what's your name btw? I am supposed to be studying too :tape::unsure: but my head is still not dialled in. I guess I'll have to start tmrw- it's a new week and a new attitude I hope :yeah:

I think I'll check some other threads around here now :p

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for making me feel welcome :hug:

Rosie lasagne sounds very good :drool: I am craving for some delicious italian food myself :awww:

Good look with the studying arm, I am supposed to be studying too :tape::unsure: but my head is still not dialled in. I guess I'll have to start tmrw- it's a new week and a new attitude I hope :yeah:

I think I'll check some other threads around here now :p

You're welcome :) The lasagne is made now - just in the oven cooking. I make a lot of Italian food - it's quick and relatively healthy. I think I've made way too much though - will probably have to freeze half of it.

Good luck with the studying - I am so glad I don't have to do that anymore. I'm sure I couldn't apply myself as much as I used to when I was younger :o What subject do you study?

Btw - as she isn't here right now, I will answer that arm's name is Raquel. a.r.m. are her initials.

Dini
04-12-2009, 02:35 PM
You're welcome :) The lasagne is made now - just in the oven cooking. I make a lot of Italian food - it's quick and relatively healthy. I think I've made way too much though - will probably have to freeze half of it.

Good luck with the studying - I am so glad I don't have to do that anymore. I'm sure I couldn't apply myself as much as I used to when I was younger :o What subject do you study?

Btw - as she isn't here right now, I will answer that arm's name is Raquel. a.r.m. are her initials.

Now I am really feeling hungry...yummmyyyyy. Is there any chance I could you know come by your house you know to try to kind of "taste" some of that Lasagne? :awww: No? OK :sad:

Italian food is the best after middle eastern food me thinks. I'm not biased, honest :angel:. I seriously am useless at cooking and I blame my mum for that- she loves cooking and she does it very well so I have never really bothered :lol:

She has a lovely name btw. Sounds so romantic :hearts:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Now I am really feeling hungry...yummmyyyyy. Is there any chance I could you know come by your house you know to try to kind of "taste" some of that Lasagne? :awww: No? OK :sad:

Italian food is the best after middle eastern food me thinks. I'm not biased, honest :angel:. I seriously am useless at cooking and I blame my mum for that- she loves cooking and she does it very well so I have never really bothered :lol:

She has a lovely name btw. Sounds so romantic :hearts:

Who said I was good at cooking? :p I just have no choice :awww: My Mum died when I was quite young :sad: so I had to kind of learn from a very early age...... and my partner is the kind of man who would live on takeaways or starve if someone else didn't cook for him :o So again - I have no choice :)

And you're always welcome to stop by if you're anywhere nearby :hug: I might not have to freeze the lasagne then :lol:

And - yes - I agree - Raquel is a pretty name :D

Dini
04-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Who said I was good at cooking? :p I just have no choice :awww: My Mum died when I was quite young :sad: so I had to kind of learn from a very early age...... and my partner is the kind of man who would live on takeaways or starve if someone else didn't cook for him :o So again - I have no choice :)

And you're always welcome to stop by if you're anywhere nearby :hug: I might not have to freeze the lasagne then :lol:

And - yes - I agree - Raquel is a pretty name :D

I'm so so sorry to hear that Rosie :hug::hug::hug:.

My dad is a bit like you're partner, he can't even make a sandwich to save his life :lol:. But I guess most men are like that :shrug:...am I stereotyping again? :banghead::p

I live in London so I don't live toooooo far away from the South of England. You know my mum just asked what I wanted to be cooked today and you wouldn't believe what I told her :rolls:. Surprise, surprise, I said lasagne :angel:.

Was wondering Rosie are you Serbian or English? I know some people use the flags of their favourite players, so was thinking is that the case with you too.

And thanks for your kind words in CD's thread, I really had a massive scare last night. For a few minutes I actually thought he was retiring :bigcry:. Imagine how much the GM people/the general media would crucify him if he had called it quits now.

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm so so sorry to hear that Rosie :hug::hug::hug:.

My dad is a bit like you're partner, he can't even make a sandwich to save his life :lol:. But I guess most men are like that :shrug:...am I stereotyping again? :banghead::p

I live in London so I don't live toooooo far away from the South of England. You know my mum just asked what I wanted to be cooked today and you wouldn't believe what I told her :rolls:. Surprise, surprise, I said lasagne :angel:.

Was wondering Rosie are you Serbian or English? I know some people use the flags of their favourite players, so was thinking is that the case with you too.

And thanks for your kind words in CD's thread, I really had a massive scare last night. For a few minutes I actually thought he was retiring :bigcry:. Imagine how much the GM people/the general media would crucify him if he had called it quits now.

Thanks :hug: Of course I still miss her - even now - every day :sad: But I strongly believe everything happens for a reason, and we cannot change our destiny. All the things from our pasts shape us into the people we are today if that makes sense.

As for your question - no I am actually English - well half English if we're being precise - my Dad is English and my Mum was Russian. And strangely, the Serbian flag is not for Novak and Janko, but because Alex (my partner) is Serbian - he comes from Belgrade - so I kind of have the flag for him :)

I'm glad you're going to have your lasagne - I'm sure your Mum's cooking is better than mine :o And as for the stereotyping - well I think what you say IS true to a certain extent - especially with men from an older generation (presumably like your Dad), or those from cultures and countries where there are still quite strong demarcation lines between "mens' work and womens' work" :rolleyes: Have to admit that Serbia is stil quite a "macho" country with quite a paternalistic culture, so my Alex being uselsss at cooking is quite understanbale :lol:

As for the other thing - no worries :hug: I'm sure when Roger feels the time has come to retire, he will make a proper announcement and let his fans know in good time. I'm sure it wouldn't happen in the way that thread suggested.

arm
04-12-2009, 03:18 PM
I love my name! :bounce: But I never thought about it as a romantic one. :lol:

So Nadine, let me tell you a bit about me. :p I am young an shinny. :lol: That's what Herdwick and Rosie would say bout me. :lol::hug:

I am indeed young, am at the first year of college, studying medicine. I am also Portuguese, curretly living/studying in Coimbra.

Nole is the reason why I first started wiathing tennis. :hearts: :bounce: Long story, maybe later. :p

And Nole's forum is my favourite place in the whole internet. :bounce: Here we get to laugh, talk, chat and just relax a bit.

We're like a big family here. :hug: And my role here is to inject optimism when preety much everyone doesn't believe in the success of Nole in a certain match or tournament. But Rose would probably be able to explain my role here better than I am. :lol: :o

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 03:21 PM

So Nadine, let me tell you a bit about me. :p I am young an shinny. :lol: That's what Herdwick and Rosie would say bout me. :lol::hug:

I am indeed young, am at the first year of college, studying medicine. I am also Portuguese, curretly living/studying in Coimbra.

Nole is the reason why I first started wiathing tennis. :hearts: :bounce: Long story, maybe later. :p

And Nole's forum is my favourite place in the whole internal. :bounce: Here we get to laugh, talk, chat and just relax a bit.

We're like a big family here. :hug:

I second that :D In the past we've sometimes been accused of being "too nice":tape: but in this bitter, f*****-up old world, I don't see "nice" as being a bad thing :) So how did the studying go Ms. Young and Shiny One?

arm
04-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I second that :D In the past we've sometimes been accused of being "too nice":tape: but in this bitter, f*****-up old world, I don't see "nice" as being a bad thing :) So how did the studying go Ms. Young and Shiny One?

:o Why did I write internal instead of internet? :rolls:

Anyway, the studying didn't go that well. My 12 year old sister + 5 year old cousin + 2 year old cousin + 10 year old girl who arrived an hour ago and is like our cousin too = waste of time studying. :rolls:

I'll have time for that later. ;)

I don't get it, we, here, are too nice? :rolls: Are you sure about that? :lol: :devil: Nole wouldn't say so. And I am not sure Herdwick would like to be considered a "nice person". :lol:

ellewoods
04-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I love this forum...everyone here is so nice! Hi Nadine :wavey: Please drop by here more :)

I just spent an hour doing a job application for a government-related agency. It was soooo long :sad: And yes, for those who remembered, I already have a job lined up for when I graduate but I'm never really satisfied :lol:

Dini
04-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks :hug: Of course I still miss her - even now - every day :sad: But I strongly believe everything happens for a reason, and we cannot change our destiny. All the things from our pasts shape us into the people we are today if that makes sense.

As for your question - no I am actually English - well half English if we're being precise - my Dad is English and my Mum was Russian. And strangely, the Serbian flag is not for Novak and Janko, but because Alex (my partner) is Serbian - he comes from Belgrade - so I kind of have the flag for him :)

I'm glad you're going to have your lasagne - I'm sure your Mum's cooking is better than mine :o And as for the stereotyping - well I think what you say IS true to a certain extent - especially with men from an older generation (presumably like your Dad), or those from cultures and countries where there are still quite strong demarcation lines between "mens' work and womens' work" :rolleyes: Have to admit that Serbia is stil quite a "macho" country with quite a paternalistic culture, so my Alex being uselsss at cooking is quite understanbale :lol:

As for the other thing - no worries :hug: I'm sure when Roger feels the time has come to retire, he will make a proper announcement and let his fans know in good time. I'm sure it wouldn't happen in the way that thread suggested.

Rosie :hug: my mum and I are very close, we're like best mates, I tell her everything. Well, nearly everything :p. The thought of losing her brings tears to my eyes, so I can imagine how tough it can be to actually lose your mum. But I loved your words there and I totally agree, it all leads up to shape up who you are and forms a big part of your personality.

I see, thanks for explaining. My nationality/heritage is very very complicated. Basically it starts like this: born and raised in Sweden until I was 13, then moved to London and that is where I am living to this day. My dad is Lebanese and my mum has Iraqi roots- all this has made me a tri-lingual without even trying much :lol:.

And I learnt a lesson yesterday, never to believe anything until I see it with my bare eyes- i.e. Roger himself saying it in a press conference.

arm
04-12-2009, 03:33 PM
I love this forum...everyone here is so nice! Hi Nadine :wavey: Please drop by here more :)

I just spent an hour doing a job application for a government-related agency. It was soooo long :sad: And yes, for those who remembered, I already have a job lined up for when I graduate but I'm never really satisfied :lol:

I :worship: that. Just like Rosie did. I really :worship: people who are not afraid of looking for a different job when the one they have at the moment does not satisfy them, even though it is a safe bet.

Dini
04-12-2009, 03:33 PM

Thanks so much for the welcome :hug: So are you Elle? :D

This is such a lovely place :hearts:

ellewoods
04-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I :worship: that. Just like Rosie did. I really :worship: people who are not afraid of looking for a different job when the one they have at the moment does not satisfy them, even though it is a safe bet.

:awww: thanks Racquel. I can't say if the job wont satisfy me as I havent truly experienced that position yet. However, my heart is, and has always been, set on another career path and I see no reason to stop searching for an opening to stick my foot in :shrug: It just sucks I have to graduate when the economy is so bad. I feel like my years of education are being flushed down the drain :sad:

Thanks so much for the welcome :hug: So are you Elle? :D

This is such a lovely place :hearts:

Yep, just call me Elle (though it's not my real name...I dont think I have told anyone here my real name :lol: )

And yes, this place is full of awesome. I love that I can come here to vent and to cheer and just to be stupid :D

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't get it, we, here, are too nice? :rolls: Are you sure about that? :lol: :devil: Nole wouldn't say so. And I am not sure Herdwick would like to be considered a "nice person". :lol:

:awww: Herdwick is a complete doll :inlove: Underneath her sharp exterior she has a heart of gold :hearts: Hope she leaves our boy alone in Monte Carlo - he's meant to be concentrating on tennis - not older women with evil intentions :p

Rosie :hug: my mum and I are very close, we're like best mates, I tell her everything. Well, nearly everything :p. The thought of losing her brings tears to my eyes, so I can imagine how tough it can be to actually lose your mum. But I loved your words there and I totally agree, it all leads up to shape up who you are and forms a big part of your personality.

I see, thanks for explaining. My nationality/heritage is very very complicated. Basically it starts like this: born and raised in Sweden until I was 13, then moved to London and that is where I am living to this day. My dad is Lebanese and my mum has Iraqi roots- all this has made me a tri-lingual without even trying much :lol:.

And I learnt a lesson yesterday, never to believe anything until I see it with my bare eyes- i.e. Roger himself saying it in a press conference.

:hug: My Mum and I were like that too. More like sisters/best friends than Mother/Daughter. Please God it will never happen to you - but - believe me - if it did you WOULD cope, - because life has a funny way of making us stronger and showing us what to do when we need it the most.

Interesting heritage you have. I am bi-lingual for the same reason (English/Russian), though I'm afraid that although my spoken Russian is fine, my written really sucks :o

Dini
04-12-2009, 03:39 PM

And Nole's forum is my favourite place in the whole internet. :bounce: Here we get to laugh, talk, chat and just relax a bit.

We're like a big family here. :hug: And my role here is to inject optimism when preety much everyone doesn't believe in the success of Nole in a certain match or tournament. But Rose would probably be able to explain my role here better than I am. :lol: :o

Woow you study Medicine :hearts: That is what I am intending to do as well!! But I am going to do it the graduate entry way and go from there ;). I got a big body systems poster in my room that dates back to like 5 years ago- I look at it everyday and try to memorise the names organs :lol:

I gotta say there is a lovely spirit around here :worship:. I try to be optimistic as well in the Fed forum with mixed results. Most people stay off the forum when he loses, which is very understandable in a way but I wish there was more optimism in there :sobbing:.

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 03:41 PM

Good luck with it Elle :hug: There's no harm in finding out what else is out there and testing the waters a bit - it's all good experience.

arm
04-12-2009, 03:44 PM
:awww: thanks Racquel. I can't say if the job wont satisfy me as I havent truly experienced that position yet. However, my heart is, and has always been, set on another career path and I see no reason to stop searching for an opening to stick my foot in :shrug: It just sucks I have to graduate when the economy is so bad. I feel like my years of education are being flushed down the drain :sad:

I understand. :awww: To be honest, one of the reasons why I chose medical school is that it was the only possible career, here in Portugal, that assures me a job once I finish college. :( It's so sad, but so many people study for 5 years and then just con not find a job. :shrug: It's so evident here in Portugal, people who spend thousands of € in their education and now are woking in a supermarket or a store. :awww: And do you know what they say when "at least I have a job". This economy thing is really ugly right now. :sad:

:aww: Herdwick is a complete doll :inlove: Underneath her sharp exterior she has a heart of gold :hearts: Hope she leaves our boy alone in Monte Carlo - he's meant to be concentrating on tennis - not older women with evil intentions :p

I totally agree. :secret: But please lets post 12132 more posts today so that she doesn't read this 2 post of ours and doesn't :explode: and laughs :haha:.

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Woow you study Medicine :hearts: That is what I am intending to do as well!! But I am going to do it the graduate entry way and go from there ;). I got a big body systems poster in my room that dates back to like 5 years ago- I look at it everyday and try to memorise the names organs :lol:

I gotta say there is a lovely spirit around here :worship:. I try to be optimistic as well in the Fed forum with mixed results. Most people stay off the forum when he loses, which is very understandable in a way but I wish there was more optimism in there :sobbing:.

I'm sure the others will laugh if you say I'm optimistic :o In truth I am the pessimistic one around here - I'm always :unsure: and :hysteric: before matches, and I admit I do sometimes stay away for 24 hours or so after a particularly hard match whilst I come to terms with it :sad: However, as everyone else has said - this IS such a lovely place and everyone sticks by each other and we help each other through the bad times, - so I can't stay away for long :)

I totally agree. :secret: But please lets post 12132 more posts today so that she doesn't read this 2 post of ours and doesn't :explode: and laughs :haha:.

If we post that many we'll have to start a new thread to abide by the new MTF 5,000 post rules :p I don't think we need worry though - our resident Scot will be too busy having fun in Monte Carlo with Nole her husband, to read back everything :)

arm
04-12-2009, 03:49 PM

Yes, I do. :bounce:

Those posters :rolls:. Well, I gotta say, you will have to know a lot more than names. :awww: But to be honest, it's rewarding. I have (or should :lol:) to study so much, but then you have classes at the hospital and just because you're using the same clothes the actual doctors wear, you get to be called doctor by the patients. :inlove:

If that's really what you want, go for it! :yeah: It's not all pink, but I most confess that summing up, I can only mention good things so far. :) But this is only my first year. :o

arm
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Nadine, Rosie is probably the most pessimistic Nole fan around. :rolls: But if she wasn't here, my optimism wouldn't be needed at all! :shrug: We kind of complete each other. :p For example, me, Rosie, Herdwick and almost all the girls are always :lick: and :drool: over Nole. We really are :devil:. :rolls: We even have a thread in which we share all nOle's body parts! :rolls: But then we have Lee, another big fan of Nole, laughing at us. We're all very different in a lot of aspects, not to mention that we come from the 4 corners of the world :rolls:, but that's what makes it funny here :bounce:

Dini
04-12-2009, 03:58 PM
:aww: Herdwick is a complete doll :inlove: Underneath her sharp exterior she has a heart of gold :hearts: Hope she leaves our boy alone in Monte Carlo - he's meant to be concentrating on tennis - not older women with evil intentions :p

:hug: My Mum and I were like that too. More like sisters/best friends than Mother/Daughter. Please God it will never happen to you - but - believe me - if it did you WOULD cope, - because life has a funny way of making us stronger and showing us what to do when we need it the most.

Interesting heritage you have. I am bi-lingual for the same reason (English/Russian), though I'm afraid that although my spoken Russian is fine, my written really sucks :o

:worship: to that bold bit. So true.

My mum (and dad a little bit too) taught me to write and read in Arabic before I learnt Swedish even, so I am very happy about that, especially considering that it's very tough. I keep having to practice my writing, because if you don't use it you'll forget it easily. Russian sounds really cool, especially when Marat speaks it, I love his accent btw :hearts:.

Oh and I like Herdwick too. She is a bit of Fed fan too right? :aplot:

ellewoods
04-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Alrighty, it's 2am and I should get some sleep as I have another fun day more job applications and studying to get through. I cant wait til MC starts so at least I will have a reward for all the hard work :angel:

Off to dream about pretty men playing tennis. :wavey:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 04:01 PM
:worship: to that bold bit. So true.

My mum (and dad a little bit too) taught me to write and read in Arabic before I learnt Swedish even, so I am very happy about that, especially considering that it's very tough. I keep having to practice my writing, because if you don't use it you'll forget it easily. Russian sounds really cool, especially when Marat speaks it, I love his accent btw :hearts:.

Oh and I like Herdwick too. [B]She is a bit of Fed fan too right? /B]:aplot:

Yes - indeed - our Herdwick loves Fed. And she adores Murray too - maybe because he's a fellow Scot. Which of course is the other nice thing about this Forum. Apart from Nole, we all support quite different players (and dislike a few between us too :o ) but we've all agreed to put that aside, and our individual tastes away from Nole never stop us being friends.

Nadine, Rosie is probably the most pessimistic Nole fan around. :rolls: But if she wasn't here, my optimism wouldn't be needed at all! :shrug: We kind of complete each other. :p For example, me, Rosie, Herdwick and almost all the girls are always :lick: and :drool: over Nole. We really are :devil:. :rolls: We even have a thread in which we share all nOle's body parts! :rolls: But then we have Lee, another big fan of Nole, laughing at us. We're all very different in a lot of aspects, not to mention that we come from the 4 corners of the world :rolls:, but that's what makes it funny here :bounce:

I think I tend to :inlove: :lick: etc more over Miljan :tape: He is Nole's Fitness Trainer for Nadine's benefit!

arm
04-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Alrighty, it's 2am and I should get some sleep as I have another fun day more job applications and studying to get through. I cant wait til MC starts so at least I will have a reward for all the hard work :angel:

:rolls: Wish you very nice dreams. :p

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 04:03 PM

Goodnight Elle sweetie :kiss: So maybe this isn't the right time to mention Radek then :unsure: :p Sleep well :hug:

ellewoods
04-12-2009, 04:05 PM
I understand. :awww: To be honest, one of the reasons why I chose medical school is that it was the only possible career, here in Portugal, that assures me a job once I finish college. :( It's so sad, but so many people study for 5 years and then just con not find a job. :shrug: It's so evident here in Portugal, people who spend thousands of € in their education and now are woking in a supermarket or a store. :awww: And do you know what they say when "at least I have a job". This economy thing is really ugly right now. :sad:

Oh and just going to reply to this before I go

It is definitely really unlucky for those who have gone through all their education only to come out and have really bad prospects of starting out in their dream occupation. I know the situation in Australia is probably a lot better than other countries. A majority of firms are still taking graduates in so at least for some people there is the opportunity to work. Alternatively, I know some of my fellow classmates are also considering furthering their education by getting Masters degrees etc. We're a lucky bunch because our government pays our education fees which we repay when we earn a certain amount after graduation.

I am definitely in a good place to have a job lined up for next year as I know many of my friends are really struggling to get one of the limited placements available. So I will have to keep this thought in mind so I dont sulk about my situation because it's still much better than many others.

Anyhoo, now I'm really off!

PS. GO JJ FOR WINNING A TITLE! :woohoo:

arm
04-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Goodnight Elle sweetie :kiss: So maybe this isn't the right time to mention Radek then :unsure: :p Sleep well :hug:

You mean, mean woman. :rolls:

Lee
04-12-2009, 04:08 PM
We have all-day breakfasts here too :) And as for baked beans - soem non-Brits here will probably cringe at my passion for eating them cold straight out of the tin :o Lots of people do here though :D

I am non-Brits but like them cold too :lol: Growing up in British colony helps :rolls:

Welcome Nadine. Sorry can't hang around this morning as I have to leave soon.

But before I leave....

VAMOS JUANQUI!

arm
04-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh and just going to reply to this before I go

It is definitely really unlucky for those who have gone through all their education only to come out and have really bad prospects of starting out in their dream occupation. I know the situation in Australia is probably a lot better than other countries. A majority of firms are still taking graduates in so at least for some people there is the opportunity to work. Alternatively, I know some of my fellow classmates are also considering furthering their education by getting Masters degrees etc. We're a lucky bunch because our government pays our education fees which we repay when we earn a certain amount after graduation.

I am definitely in a good place to have a job lined up for next year as I know many of my friends are really struggling to get one of the limited placements available. So I will have to keep this thought in mind so I dont sulk about my situation because it's still much better than many others.

Anyhoo, now I'm really off!

PS. GO JJ FOR WINNING A TITLE! :woohoo:

Most people here study in public Universities, so we have what we all think "cheap fees". But to be honest, I just realized that I consider them cheap comparing them to the Private Uni fees. I have no idea how much people pay to study inotther countries. Here in a public Uni you won't have to pay more than 1100€ a year. :shrug:

Dini
04-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes, I do. :bounce:

Those posters :rolls:. Well, I gotta say, you will have to know a lot more than names. :awww: But to be honest, it's rewarding. I have (or should :lol:) to study so much, but then you have classes at the hospital and just because you're using the same clothes the actual doctors wear, you get to be called doctor by the patients. :inlove:

If that's really what you want, go for it! :yeah: It's not all pink, but I most confess that summing up, I can only mention good things so far. :) But this is only my first year. :o

Thanks for that, I really appreciate all you said there. I have spoken to a few junior doctors about their struggles studying and being put under all sorts of pressure. One person even told me that she wanted to give up, and advised me not to do it. But it really didn't put me off- I had a two week work experience at our local hospital and at the end of that period I knew this was for me. I know the load is quite big and you sometimes have to deal with traumas and extreme challenges but if you know you tried your best I guess you just have to accept and move on, no matter how hard that can be.

Rosie I don't think I answered your question about the subjects I'm studying :o. Doing Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths at A-level ;)

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 04:12 PM
You mean, mean woman. :rolls:

Just trying to keep up the spirit of Herdwick :p

Anyway - Raquel, Elle, Nadine - and anyone else around - it has been a great pleasure chatting to you this afternoon, but now I really must go too :awww: My lasagne is in danger of burning, and Alex is in danger of starving - he keeps looking at the kitchen with sad, big brown puppy-dog eyes and hoping to attract my attention away from the PC :awww:

So I shall go and feed him - and myself, - but sure I'll be back later.

Nadine - it's been great getting to know you better - please feel free to stop by whenever you want :hug:

Rosie I don't think I answered your question about the subjects I'm studying :o. Doing Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths at A-level ;)

:unsure: All the subjects that :unsure: me! My A'Levels were English, French, History and Sociology, and I studied English Lit. at Uni. Never was any good at Maths or Science :o
I am non-Brits but like them cold too :lol: Growing up in British colony helps :rolls:

Welcome Nadine. Sorry can't hang around this morning as I have to leave soon.

But before I leave....

VAMOS JUANQUI!

Lee :kiss: Hi and bye :awww: And sorry about Rainer's loss :sad:

Anyway - really must go now :wavey:

arm
04-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks for that, I really appreciate all you said there. I have spoken to a few junior doctors about their struggles studying and being put under all sorts of pressure. One person even told me that she wanted to give up, and advised me not to do it. But it really didn't put me off- I had a two week work experience at our local hospital and at the end of that period I knew this was for me. I know the load is quite big and you sometimes have to deal with traumas and extreme challenges but if you know you tried your best I guess you just have to accept and move on, no matter how hard that can be.

Oh, I miss studying maths. :inlove:

On a last note, 3/4 weeks ago I assisted my first surgery. :hearts: It's these small things that get you going. And believe me, if this is really what you want, you won't think about giving up a single time. There will be difficult times, but that is normal I guess :shrug: And it will all be worth it. :)

Hope I helped, somehow. :hug:

arm
04-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Just trying to keep up the spirit of Herdwick :p

Anyway - Raquel, Elle, Nadine - and anyone else around - it has been a great pleasure chatting to you this afternoon, but now I really must go too :awww: My lasagne is in danger of burning, and Alex is in danger of starving - he keeps looking at the kitchen with sad, big brown puppy-dog eyes and hoping to attract my attention away from the PC :awww:

So I shall go and feed him - and myself, - but sure I'll be back later.

Nadine - it's been great getting to know you better - please feel free to stop by whenever you want :hug:

:unsure: All the subjects that :unsure: me! My A'Levels were English, French, History and Sociology, and I studied English Lit. at Uni. Never was any good at Maths or Science :o

Anyway - really must go now :wavey:

That REALLY made me laugh. :haha: And I actually pictured a man - Alex - looking at a kitchen with those eyes. :rolls:

Enjoy your meal. :hug:

And Lee :wavey: - hi and :wavey: - bye. :hug:

Dini
04-12-2009, 04:24 PM

You really are like a team here :lol:

Oh don't start about the :drool:ing and the :lick:ing :lol:. In the Fed forum we got the Federitis Aid Network aka FAN (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=137817&page=105) *hyperlinked an example*- in short Fed fangirls (and appreciative guys :aplot:) there with the condition Federitis post Fed pics as a treatment- anything from elegant action shots to heart melting hot pics :inlove:. The girls also have some brilliant humour, I have to point this (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=137817&page=100)one out to you, it's a picspam made by Eve (Celaeno) as a celebration of the thread's 100th page, it's a hilarious, very creative story- it's even got Nole in there. [from post 1496 onwards]

arm
04-12-2009, 04:31 PM
:rolls: I think i never saw so many pics of Roger in such a short period of time! :o

Thanks :hug:, I am sure that what you do there is no different than what we do here. :devil:

And yes, humour is one of the word that describes our thread. You must come here when Herdwick is around. :rolls:

I am not sure if anyone has told you, but she is in Nice/Monaco anad is going to spend 3 days in the tournament :drool:ing over Nole and :bounce: cheering for a few more players as well. :bounce:

Dini
04-12-2009, 04:40 PM
:rolls: I think i never saw so many pics of Roger in such a short period of time! :o

Thanks :hug:, I am sure that what you do there is no different than what we do here. :devil:

And yes, humour is one of the word that describes our thread. You must come here when Herdwick is around. :rolls:

I am not sure if anyone has told you, but she is in Nice/Monaco anad is going to spend 3 days in the tournament :drool:ing over Nole and :bounce: cheering for a few more players as well. :bounce:

:haha: We do post quite a bit there :unsure:- It doesn't matter that he is married now and soon a father :o (:tape:). But it's so much fun, the comments- they really crack me up :lol:. It's all really to have a good time.

Oh I am so jealous :sobbing: I haven't been to a tennis tournament in my life :awww:, but I hope she takes piccies so that we can see what it's like from a fan's perspective :D

Edit: do you support other players as well?

arm
04-12-2009, 04:49 PM
:haha: We do post quite a bit there :unsure:- It doesn't matter that he is married now and soon a father :o (:tape:). But it's so much fun, the comments- they really crack me up :lol:. It's all really to have a good time.

Oh I am so jealous :sobbing: I haven't been to a tennis tournament in my life :awww:, but I hope she takes piccies so that we can see what it's like from a fan's perspective :D

Edit: do you support other players as well?

Me neither. :awww: But don't worry, I am sure both of us will eventually go to one. ;)

Well, I can say that I do. My second favourite player is Dancevic. :hearts: Do you know him? He is canadian! :bounce:

I also like Murray, Gasquet, Simon. :) But I don't "follow" them. I just cheer for them whenever they are playing and their victory doesn't affect Nole in any sort of way. ;)

Dini
04-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Me neither. :awww: But don't worry, I am sure both of us will eventually go to one. ;)

Well, I can say that I do. My second favourite player is Dancevic. :hearts: Do you know him? He is canadian! :bounce:

I also like Murray, Gasquet, Simon. :) But I don't "follow" them. I just cheer for them whenever they are playing and their victory doesn't affect Nole in any sort of way. ;)

I've heard of Dancevic, never really seen him play though.

I love Richie :hearts:, he's my second fave. Ancic, Baghdatis, Stan and Chiudinelli complete the list. Oh and the rest of the Frenchies of course :D

arm
04-12-2009, 05:01 PM
I've heard of Dancevic, never really seen him play though.

I love Richie :hearts:, he's my second fave. Ancic, Baghdatis, Stan and Chiudinelli complete the list. Oh and the rest of the Frenchies of course :D

Actually I like all the <Frenchies too. :bounce: except Tsonga. :rolleyes: Herdwick and I can not stand him. :mad:

Stan is also a sweetheart. But My fav sweetheart is Gilles, he is just so cute. :awww:

arm
04-12-2009, 05:10 PM
BTW girls, I might have some bad news. :lol: My faculty organizes every year a 4 day trip for all students studying medicine there (of every year). If I am on time to save a place for me, I am going. That means I'll be away Thursday, Friday, saturday and Sunday. :rolls:

Lee will be back on duty as the optimistic member. :lol:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 05:58 PM
BTW girls, I might have some bad news. :lol: My faculty organizes every year a 4 day trip for all students studying medicine there (of every year). If I am on time to save a place for me, I am going. That means I'll be away Thursday, Friday, saturday and Sunday. :rolls:

Lee will be back on duty as the optimistic member. :lol:

:eek: Well then - that's it then :sad: Fortuna has left the building and Nole won't get to the latter stages of the tournament :sad: Only joking Raquel dear - enjoy the trip :hug:

arm
04-12-2009, 06:02 PM
:eek: Well then - that's it then :sad: Fortuna has left the building and Nole won't get to the latter stages of the tournament :sad: Only joking Raquel dear - enjoy the trip :hug:

I know. :hug:

I am really sad for not being here, but I can't stop living my life just because Nole is playing a tournament. :rolls: You know that. :p

How was the meal? :p

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 06:05 PM

I am really sad for not being here, but I can't stop living my life just because Nole is playing a tournament. :rolls: You know that. :p

How was the meal? :p

Of course - I know :hug: And - yes - lasagne was fine thanks :) Alex ate loads, and is now fast asleep on the couch so I guess he must have enjoyed it..... and left me with all the washing up too :spit:

arm
04-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Of course - I know :hug: And - yes - lasagne was fine thanks :) Alex ate loads, and is now fast asleep on the couch so I guess he must have enjoyed it..... and left me with all the washing up too :spit:

One day you have to start making your man work! :mad:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 06:26 PM
One day you have to start making your man work! :mad:

One day pigs will fly :rolleyes: But I really don't mind so much because I've just found out that Radek :hearts: will be on my TV tomorrow :tape: As I said in the other thread - be still my beating heart...... and Herdwick better keep her damned hands off him - or there will be trouble :ras:

ellen_
04-12-2009, 06:29 PM
You'll have him all for yourself in Belgrade, Rose :)

arm
04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
One day pigs will fly :rolleyes: But I really don't mind so much because I've just found out that Radek :hearts: will be on my TV tomorrow :tape: As I said in the other thread - be still my beating heart...... and Herdwick better keep her damned hands off him - or there will be trouble :ras:

Damn I just found a 20€ flight to Madrid on the tournament dates. What to do?

Tell me something, how easy/difficult is it to buy tickets 1/2 weeks before the tournament? Impossible? I have no idea. :shrug::help:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 06:33 PM
You'll have him all for yourself in Belgrade, Rose :)

Ellen :wavey: Good evening - and sorry for Ernie :awww: But I'm not sure you're right about Belgrade - that city is full of extremely beautiful women - why should a hunk like Radek look at me when he can have those :awww:

Damn I just found a 20€ flight to Madrid on the tournament dates. What to do?

Tell me something, how easy/difficult is it to buy tickets 1/2 weeks before the tournament? Impossible? I have no idea. :shrug::help:

Ths year is the first time the Madrid tournament has been at this time of year, and a joint event with the women, - so I really don't know :shrug: I would say impossible for semis and final, but probably OK for earlier rounds.

arm
04-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Ellen :wavey: Good evening - and sorry for Ernie :awww: But I'm not sure you're right about Belgrade - that city is full of extremely beautiful women - why should a hunk like Radek look at me when he can have those :awww:

Ths year is the first time the Madrid tournament has been at this time of year, and a joint event with the women, - so I really don't know :shrug: I would say impossible for semis and final, but probably OK for earlier rounds.

I wish I hadn't found this amazingly cheap flight. :mad: :rolls: I was thinking I could book the flight and then closer to the tournament if Nole was going to go, I would buy the tickets and go. If he wasn't planning to go, I'd stay home, and wouldn't lose that much money, just 20€. :shrug:

ellen_
04-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Just call it "Evening", drop the "good" :awww:

You ARE gonna try to seduce him, right? I mean, you shouldn't be intimidated by all those so called beautiful women. Don't waste this opportunity.

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I wish I hadn't found this amazingly cheap flight. :mad: :rolls: I was thinking I could book the flight and then closer to the tournament if Nole was going to go, I would buy the tickets and go. If he wasn't planning to go, I'd stay home, and wouldn't lose that much money, just 20€. :shrug:

Oh go on girl - buy it - you only live once :D And I'm sure Nole will be there :D

Just call it "Evening", drop the "good" :awww:

You ARE gonna try to seduce him, right? I mean, you shouldn't be intimidated by all those so called beautiful women. Don't waste this opportunity.

:tape: am hoping Miljan won't let me out of his Hotel room sight long enough to seduce other men :) ....... though I admit the opportunity would be too good to miss.

And sorry you feel down - we'll do our best to cheer you up :hug:

ellen_
04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
:tape: am hoping Miljan won't let me out of his Hotel room sight long enough to seduce other men :) ....... though I admit the opportunity would be too good to miss.

And sorry you feel down - we'll do our best to cheer you up :hug:

I am trying very hard :) I should stop thinking about it... Was hoping for a new start, so it's really a smack in the face if you see the scoreline.

You prefer Miljan? :eek:
Okay we should stop the nonsense, I would even RUN away from Radek! That's how sexy I think he is :bolt:

arm
04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I think I am about to do it. :bounce:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 07:05 PM
I am trying very hard :) I should stop thinking about it... Was hoping for a new start, so it's really a smack in the face if you see the scoreline.

You prefer Miljan? :eek: Okay we should stop the nonsense, I would even RUN away from Radek! That's how sexy I think he is :bolt:

Well it's a close-run thing :o But - yes - I do prefer Miljan - at least (to my knowledge) he doesn't wear purple - nor do The Worm :help:

Yes - a big shame about Ernie :sad: But try not to be too sad - all players have these bad moments, and he is too good not to bounce back. Any news of a new Coach on the horizon for him? That would be a good starting/turning point for sure.

I think I am about to do it. :bounce:

:woohoo: Sieze the day :rocker: We only live once - make the most of every moment :)

arm
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Ok, I am going to sleep on this and tomorrow I am going to meet João so that we can make a decision. :bounce:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Ok, I am going to sleep on this and tomorrow I am going to meet João so that we can make a decision. :bounce:

Would João go with you then?

arm
04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Would João go with you then?

yes :)

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 07:16 PM
yes :)

That will be nice :) So you can enjoy some nice days together in Madrid as well as just watching Nole? Sounds like a great plan to me.

arm
04-12-2009, 07:19 PM
That will be nice :) So you can enjoy some nice days together in Madrid as well as just watching Nole? Sounds like a great plan to me.

Sounds great to me as well. :bounce: I know Madrid, have been there 3 or 4 times. But It's such a nice place. And Nole :hearts:

ellen_
04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes - a big shame about Ernie :sad: But try not to be too sad - all players have these bad moments, and he is too good not to bounce back. Any news of a new Coach on the horizon for him? That would be a good starting/turning point for sure.

Oh gosh, now I even have tears in my eyes... :tape: He's working with Ana Ivanovic' fitness coach right now, but no news about a new coach yet. Not even rumours about it. It's not really the best moment for him to be coachless though, hope it will be okay soon. But the thing that worried me about today is that his serve was so bad :help: I'm just looking forward to the day this 'bad moment' will end :) It would be welcome, very welcome. Thanks for the support, as always :hug: I really wish I could stop caring once in a while :lol:

Thank god I enjoyed Paris-Roubaix today :) That somewhat saved my weekend.

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh gosh, now I even have tears in my eyes... :tape: He's working with Ana Ivanovic' fitness coach right now, but no news about a new coach yet. Not even rumours about it. It's not really the best moment for him to be coachless though, hope it will be okay soon. But the thing that worried me about today is that his serve was so bad :help: I'm just looking forward to the day this 'bad moment' will end :) It would be welcome, very welcome. Thanks for the support, as always :hug:

:hug: Don't :sobbing: The sun will come up again tomorrow, and the world will look a better place. And that's what we're here for - to support each other, through the good times and the bad :hug: As for the serve - well I think clay always negates the serve anyway...... so maybe he was not really serving so badly (I assume you just had the scoreboard, no livestream anywhere?) - it was just that even people like Roddick struggle on clay, and Kohli managed to return more serves than would be possible on a faster court?

Edit: If you stopped caring, then you wouldn't be you :hug: :shrug:

arm
04-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I have to go make and eat dinner. Sorry if I seem :confused: but I actually really am. :rolls: This flight thing, plus not knowing if Nole really is going plus not sure about another thing. :scared:

I'll be right back. :hug:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I have to go make and eat dinner. Sorry if I seem :confused: but I actually really am. :rolls: This flight thing, plus not knowing if Nole really is going plus not sure about another thing. :scared:

I'll be right back. :hug:

Enjoy dinner, - and if I'm not here when you get back, - I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow :) And take your time about the Madrid thing - think it through and go with your "gut instinct" - in my experience, - those first feelings are usually right!.

ellen_
04-12-2009, 07:36 PM
:hug: Don't :sobbing: The sun will come up again tomorrow, and the world will look a better place. And that's what we're here for - to support each other, through the good times and the bad :hug: As for the serve - well I think clay always negates the serve anyway...... so maybe he was not really serving so badly (I assume you just had the scoreboard, no livestream anywhere?) - it was just that even people like Roddick struggle on clay, and Kohli managed to return more serves than would be possible on a faster court?

Edit: If you stopped caring, then you wouldn't be you :hug: :shrug:

If he only hits 40% in, Kohli doesn't even have to return :p Which was the case today... :lol: But thanks :hug:

Raquel, I know that feeling :help: It's awful. And I am such a chaotic mind all the time, which makes it even harder to make decisions like that :tape: But sometimes you get this "Oh what the hell, let's just do it"-feeling, and that's the moment when you really should book everything :) Just wait for that moment and you will be fine.

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 07:38 PM
If he only hits 40% in, Kohli doesn't even have to return :p Which was the case today... :lol:

Raquel, I know that feeling :help: It's awful. And I am such a chaotic mind all the time, which makes it even harder to make decisions like that :tape: But sometimes you get this "Oh what the hell, let's just do it"-feeling, and that's the moment when you really should book everything :) Just wait for that moment and you will be fine.

40% :o Oh dear - I admit that's bad - and :sad: too. I hope he can get his head sorted out soon.

arm
04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm back. :bounce: I cook and eat very fast. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm back. :bounce: I cook and eat very fast. :rolls:

:lol: :rolls: Indeed you do - I would die from chronic indigestion if I ate that fast :o

arm
04-12-2009, 08:16 PM
:lol: :rolls: Indeed you do - I would die from chronic indigestion if I ate that fast :o

Rosie, I never take more then 5 minutes to eat a meal. :shrug: :rolls:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Rosie, I never take more then 5 minutes to eat a meal. :shrug: :rolls:

:lol: I need at least an hour - usually longer. I eat very slowly - always have :shrug: If I go out for dinner, I am always the last one to finish and everyone glares at me - which, of course, makes me slower and slower :o If I try and eat fast I literally throw up :p

arm
04-12-2009, 08:29 PM
:lol: I need at least an hour - usually longer. I eat very slowly - always have :shrug: If I go out for dinner, I am always the last one to finish and everyone glares at me - which, of course, makes me slower and slower :o If I try and eat fast I literally throw up :p

I refuse to waste time eating. :shrug: :p

If I book the flight, it will actually cost me 6,90€. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I refuse to waste time eating. :shrug: :p

If I book the flight, it will actually cost me 6,90€. :rolls:

Eating is a pleasure - it should be savoured :p That's what I was always taught anyway!

6,90€ :eek: That's ridiculous :rolls:

arm
04-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Eating is a pleasure - it should be savoured :p That's what I was always taught anyway!

6,90€ :eek: That's ridiculous :rolls:

I am going to book the flight anyway. :rolls:

Just need to talk to João. :p

Remember when I went to Barcelona with some friends in february?

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I am going to book the flight anyway. :rolls:

Just need to talk to João. :p

Remember when I went to Barcelona with some friends in february?

Yes - I remember :)

arm
04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I paid 12€ for the 2 way ticket and 66€ for 4 nights in a excelent located and 1 year old hostel. :rolls: Very cheap hollidays. :p

:hug: Good night :smooch:

*Ljubica*
04-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I paid 12€ for the 2 way ticket and 66€ for 4 nights in a excelent located and 1 year old hostel. :rolls: Very cheap hollidays. :p

:lol: Very cheap indeed :lol:

Anyway - I have to go now - been on here too much today and my eyes are telling me to get off the PC! Was hoping for a nice day of tennis tomorrow as I don't have to work, - but the OOP is sh*t........... no Janko or anyone I like on televised courts - just Oscar Hernandez, Lapentti, and Stepanek :unsure: I may need strong drink and/or chocolate to get through the day :lol:

Goodnight :kiss:

arm
04-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Goodnight Rosie :kiss:

arm
04-12-2009, 09:24 PM
flight booked :rolls:

Am searching about the tickets. :p

Oh, and it wasn't 6,90€, it was 6,80€. :rolls:

Lee
04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Actually I like all the <Frenchies too. :bounce: except Tsonga. :rolleyes: Herdwick and I can not stand him. :mad:

Now I am really offended :mad: :armed: You keep forgetting I'm an important member of this group!!!!!

Stan is also a sweetheart. But My fav sweetheart is Gilles, he is just so cute. :awww:

But since you say Gilles is so cute here, you're forgiven :angel: :lol: :rolls:

BTW, on the freeway today, I saw a car with licence plate "CUTIEPIE" :o

Madrid is a 1000 event and Nole will be there.

Oh gosh, now I even have tears in my eyes... :tape: He's working with Ana Ivanovic' fitness coach right now, but no news about a new coach yet. Not even rumours about it. It's not really the best moment for him to be coachless though, hope it will be okay soon. But the thing that worried me about today is that his serve was so bad :help: I'm just looking forward to the day this 'bad moment' will end :) It would be welcome, very welcome. Thanks for the support, as always :hug: I really wish I could stop caring once in a while :lol:

:hug: ellen

Lee
04-12-2009, 10:08 PM

:hug: Good night :smooch:

flight booked :rolls:

Am searching about the tickets. :p

Oh, and it wasn't 6,90€, it was 6,80€. :rolls:

:eek: SO CHEAP :eek:

arm
04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Leee!!!!!!!

arm
04-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I am sorry. :rolls: It's just that you're such a nice woman, I can't picture you hating anyone. :rolls: :hug:

I am so excited. :bounce: I visit ryanair website every 2 days, so I always catch these great ofers! :D

Lee
04-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Not hating, just can't warm up to him and his way of celebrating after winning a match always rub me in the wrong way :shrug:

arm
04-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Not hating, just can't warm up to him and his way of celebrating after winning a match always rub me in the wrong way :shrug:

How was your day?

Lee
04-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Not too bad. Went to Easter service this morning. I wanted to have an Easter Sunday bunch but hubby wanted something simple so we ended up in a Bistro with a mix of Chinese and Japanese food. Ended up Lee Jr. ate a fortune :tape: in sashimi and sushi. Now I have the whole afternoon lazying around until later tonight to bake the ham for dinner.

And I know you have a good day with all these cheap deal for a 1000 tennis tournament :lol:

arm
04-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I asked how was your day but I forgot where you live it's still afternoon! :rolls: :o

I am super excited! :bounce: Am about to book tickets for wednesday and thursday. :D And the transportation was almost free as you know. :rolls:

Happy Easter for Raquel :D :p

Lee
04-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Go ahead. The Madrid venue has 3 courts with retractable roofs :bounce:

Lee
04-12-2009, 10:49 PM
:rolls: I go into GM here and recognised the final in Houston I'm watching is NOT live.

arm
04-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Go ahead. The Madrid venue has 3 courts with retractable roofs :bounce:

I know! it's great! But I need help because I understand nothing of this. I am booking tickets for the main court, what happens if I want to watch a match in the 2nd court? I know it's a silly question, but nobody ever taugh me how this works. :shrug: :o

:rolls: I go into GM here and recognised the final in Houston I'm watching is NOT live.

That is... silly? :p :kiss:

Lee
04-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I know! it's great! But I need help because I understand nothing of this. I am booking tickets for the main court, what happens if I want to watch a match in the 2nd court? I know it's a silly question, but nobody ever taugh me how this works. :shrug: :o

Different tournaments are different. e.g. In Australia Open, it used to be you can go to any courts if you have the tickets for Rod Laver Arena. But now, you need seperate tickets for Hisense Arena. In Indian Wells, my ground tickets can go to any courts including the stadium court (but you need a pair of binoculars to watch the match :lol:) and a ticket to stadium court will gain you admission to any courts.

That is... silly? :p :kiss:

That's life of a tennis fan in US :o

arm
04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I found out. :) It's all explained in the website.

Lee
04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I found out. :) It's all explained in the website

Good for you. So what's the answer?

arm
04-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Good for you. So what's the answer?

Tickets for main court give me access to court 3 but not court 2. However, I don't think they are selling tickets for court 2 already. So in case nole plays in court 2 I'll just buy the ticket there. ;)

I am going on wednesday and thursday, so it's R2 (second day) and R3 (first day). This way I get to be more or less sure :rolls: that I see Nole. :hearts:

Lee
04-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Ajde!!!!!

arm
04-12-2009, 11:19 PM
:bounce:
This is all so new for me. After Rosie left, I was filled with doubts and I ran to Karin for help. :rolls: But she wasn't here either. :rolls: But I searched and reached a few conclusions.

:silly:

arm
04-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Lee, should I book lateral seats or North/South? From where do we have a better vision of the court?

Lee
04-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Lee, should I book lateral seats or North/South? From where do we have a better vision of the court?

Personal taste. Some like to sit behind the umpire and players. Some don't because the view may be blocked. Some like to sit at the back of players so they don't have to more their heads from side to side. Since the roofs are likely to open, you may also think about where the sun is. When I'm in Indian Wells, a shade on the seat is god sent. :rolls: And those in Rod Laver Arena this year would agree with me definitely. :lol:

arm
04-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Personal taste. Some like to sit behind the umpire and players. Some don't because the view may be blocked. Some like to sit at the back of players so they don't have to more their heads from side to side. Since the roofs are likely to open, you may also think about where the sun is. When I'm in Indian Wells, a shade on the seat is god sent. :rolls: And those in Rod Laver Arena this year would agree with me definitely. :lol:

:rolls: Well, I guess I'll define my taste then. :p Thanks :hug:

Lee
04-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Have you defined your taste yet? :p :lol:

arm
04-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Have you defined your taste yet? :p :lol:

I meant "there". :rolls: :p

I have no idea what I prefer right now, to be honest. :shrug:

I am still not believing I ma going. :lol: I am waiting for a credit card to book seats, because the 2 that I own do not have that sceurity number. So to be honest, I only believe when I have my confirmation email. :rolls:

Which I am counting on having in 1 hour tops. :p

Lee
04-13-2009, 12:23 AM
:eek: You can have a credit card without security number?

arm
04-13-2009, 12:27 AM
:eek: You can have a credit card without security number?

Those 4 digit numbers written on the card? :rolls: I have 2 debit cards - MasterCards - and none of them have the security number. :rolls:

arm
04-13-2009, 12:32 AM
I am talking about the number written ON the card. Not the number you insert in the machine to get some money. :rolls:

Lee
04-13-2009, 12:36 AM
So those are debit cards, not credit cards :p I know about the security number. I do tons of online purchase. I resists buying clothes or accessories online though. Otherwise, it'll be a disaster :o

Have to start baking ham and trimmings. :wavey:

arm
04-13-2009, 12:39 AM
So those are debit cards, not credit cards :p I know about the security number. I do tons of online purchase. I resists buying clothes or accessories online though. Otherwise, it'll be a disaster :o

Have to start baking ham and trimmings. :wavey:

:p

:wavey: I shall go and pack as well. Talk to you tomorrow. :hug:

arm
04-13-2009, 01:35 AM
There's no way back. :rolls: I have the tickets printed.

Now I must go to bed. :hug::wavey:

ellewoods
04-13-2009, 04:25 AM
:bounce: Racquel, is this your first tennis tourney? If so, how exciting! Madrid would be such an awesome first tennis tournament to go to. Living in Australia doesnt give me much choice in what I can go to! I wish I lived in Europe...so much variety and choice as well as the ability to spontaneously book a flight for a few days away to any number of tournaments

Lee
04-13-2009, 04:45 AM
For me living in US, only Indian Wells, LA and San Jose are within driving distance. All others tournaments are a few hours flying away. At least I live close to Southern California where all tournaments in the west coast are. People living in NW of USA, it's a long trip to any tennis tournaments in US.

*Ljubica*
04-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Morning :wavey: Happy Easter Monday :) looks like sunshine in MC so Herdwick will be happy :D

And Raquel :bounce: Congratulations :bounce: I am really happy for you - will be a great experience. About seats - well like Lee says, where you sit is definately just a matter of personal preference. I prefer to sit at the side of the Court (not looking down at it from the end), but I tend to like to be on the baseline, not right in the middle. That way, you can get a really good view of each player as they come to that end to serve, you can see the service action clearly, and keep your eyes on footfaults :p I also like to be on the end of a row if possible, because being tall and having long legs I can get very uncomfortable if I can't stretch my legs out after a long period. You'll come to find your own personal favourite spot after Madrid. I'm really happy for you :hug:

Pity today's tennis matches are not the best when I have a day off to watch properly :rolleyes: but guess I should say Davai Igor (Kunitsyn) - I really don't much like Chela :o

*Ljubica*
04-13-2009, 11:09 AM
:banghead: Igor :banghead: Serving for the match at 5-2 in the 3rd, and ended up losing it 5-7 :spit: And to Chubby Chela too :spit: And now I have the delights of Seppi and Melzer on my screen - will the thrills never end? :rolleyes:

ellen_
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Happy Easter Monday :wavey:

I find these days so damn boring. I really wanna go shopping because I need a new dress for some party in Munich :angel: but everything is closed :sobbing:.

Igor :awww: Such a shame. But I guess he just wanted to follow his friend to Barcelona :shrug:

You can watch my countryman Vliegen against Ljubicic later today, Rose. I'm so jealous :awww:

*Ljubica*
04-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Happy Easter Monday :wavey:

I find these days so damn boring. I really wanna go shopping because I need a new dress for some party in Munich :angel: but everything is closed :sobbing:.

Igor :awww: Such a shame. But I guess he just wanted to follow his friend to Barcelona :shrug:

You can watch my countryman Vliegen against Ljubicic later today, Rose. I'm so jealous :awww:

Hi Ellen :wavey: Aren't any shops open in Belgium today? Quite a few seem to be open here - especially DIY and garden shops - I guess trying to lure people in to spend money on household things whilst they're on holiday :shrug: Guess you could always buy your dress for the party in Munich :) I have two lovely pairs of shoes I bought there last time I was at the Munich tournament - there used to be a Mall quite near to the (old) Players' Hotel, and they had some great shops there.

Ljubo and Vliegen - OK - I will watch.... as long as it doesn't clash with Radek :hearts: of course. My heart cannot be pulled two ways when he is on my screen.

ellen_
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Everything is closed, really everything. And the weather is so beautiful again, it would be a lovely day to go shopping. It's gonna storm tomorrow so I'll have to go shopping in a mall and I don't like that so much :shrug:

I thought about shopping in Munich too, but that would be too much of a risk :lol: Imagine we don't find anything. I can see us arriving at the party with dresses made of the hotelroom's curtains :rolls:. I prefer having my dress in advance :p

Radek is scheduled the match right after Vliegen-Ljubicic, so you can fully concentrate on him when he's on court :hearts:

*Ljubica*
04-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Everything is closed, really everything. And the weather is so beautiful again, it would be a lovely day to go shopping. It's gonna storm tomorrow so I'll have to go shopping in a mall and I don't like that so much :shrug:

I thought about shopping in Munich too, but that would be too much of a risk :lol: Imagine we don't find anything. I can see us arriving at the party with dresses made of the hotelroom's curtains :rolls:. I prefer having my dress in advance :p

Radek is scheduled the match right after Vliegen-Ljubicic, so you can fully concentrate on him when he's on court :hearts:

Well make sure you buy some new shoes too then. There's nothing worse than having just the right dress, but no shoes to match ;) Might as well go the whole way and buy a complimentary jacket/cardigan/wrap too - as Munich can be chilly in the evenings sometimes!

Monte Carlo looks so beautiful on my screen today :inlove: Makes me feel sad that I didn't go :tears: It's one of my fave tournaments, but this time of year there's so much going on at it's just impossible to fit in everything, -. and time off work was difficult this week because so many of my work colleagues are on leave for their childrens' Easter school holidays.

Countdown to Radek begins :hearts: :inlove:

ellen_
04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
My closet is about to collapse but I still have nothing to wear :shrug: I need everything, indeed. I need at least 1 new pair of jeans (2 pair, preferably), I need a new skirt, some sweaters and shirts, shoes, etc :rolleyes: When a woman starts...

I've always wanted to go to Monte Carlo to see the F1 race, but that would be so expensive. I might have to save for 10 years first. But I can imagine you're sad because you're not there, because you've been there before :awww: :hug:

Gicquel and Schwank are sooo slooow :zzz:

arm
04-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Racquel, is this your first tennis tourney? If so, how exciting! Madrid would be such an awesome first tennis tournament to go to. Living in Australia doesnt give me much choice in what I can go to! I wish I lived in Europe...so much variety and choice as well as the ability to spontaneously book a flight for a few days away to any number of tournaments

Yes, it is! :bounce: I am so excited. I really wanted to go to Madrid or RG this years (because those 2 tournaments we're the ones that fitted my school agenda), but I was a bit reluctant because I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend that much money. But then I found that very cheap flight :eek: and the tickets were not that expensive, also a very cheap hostel very near to Caja Magica (10 minute walk). :bounce:

I stil can't belive this! But the truth is, I already have the tickets printed. :D

For me living in US, only Indian Wells, LA and San Jose are within driving distance. All others tournaments are a few hours flying away. At least I live close to Southern California where all tournaments in the west coast are. People living in NW of USA, it's a long trip to any tennis tournaments in US.

To be honest, I am very lucky in terms of tennis: Madrid, Monaco, Rome, Paris and London are very reacchable from Porto, and very cheap flights also. :)

Morning Happy Easter Monday :) looks like sunshine in MC so Herdwick will be happy

And Raquel Congratulations I am really happy for you - will be a great experience. About seats - well like Lee says, where you sit is definately just a matter of personal preference. I prefer to sit at the side of the Court (not looking down at it from the end), but I tend to like to be on the baseline, not right in the middle. That way, you can get a really good view of each player as they come to that end to serve, you can see the service action clearly, and keep your eyes on footfaults I also like to be on the end of a row if possible, because being tall and having long legs I can get very uncomfortable if I can't stretch my legs out after a long period. You'll come to find your own personal favourite spot after Madrid. I'm really happy for you :hug:

Pity today's tennis matches are not the best when I have a day off to watch properly :rolleyes: but guess I should say Davai Igor (Kunitsyn) - I really don't much like Chela

Thank you, Rosie. :hug: In truth, it was yours "go ahead, woman, you only live once", that made talk this decision. Thank you. :hug:

Happy Easter Monday

I find these days so damn boring. I really wanna go shopping because I need a new dress for some party in Munich but everything is closed .

Igor Such a shame. But I guess he just wanted to follow his friend to Barcelona :shrug:

Me too. :awww: But school starts tomorrow, and I don't want to go back. :bigcry:

My closet is about to collapse but I still have nothing to wear :sI need everything, indeed. I need at least 1 new pair of jeans (2 pair, preferably), I need a new skirt, some sweaters and shirts, shoes, etc :rolleyes: When a woman starts...

I've always wanted to go to Monte Carlo to see the F1 race, but that would be so expensive. I might have to save for 10 years first. But I can imagine you're sad because you're not there, because you've been there before

:rolls: :hug:

*Ljubica*
04-13-2009, 12:04 PM
My closet is about to collapse but I still have nothing to wear :shrug: I need everything, indeed. I need at least 1 new pair of jeans (2 pair, preferably), I need a new skirt, some sweaters and shirts, shoes, etc :rolleyes: When a woman starts...

I've always wanted to go to Monte Carlo to see the F1 race, but that would be so expensive. I might have to save for 10 years first. But I can imagine you're sad because you're not there, because you've been there before :awww: :hug:

Sorry I disappeared for a short while - was listening to the chat on TV with our commentators. They have viewers sending in texts and emails with questions etc and some of them are fun to listen to :) And a woman can never have enough clothes. :)

Thank you, Rosie. :hug: In truth, it was yours "go ahead, woman, you only live once", that made talk this decision. Thank you. :hug:

Raquel :kiss: Oh dear :unsure: I hope you're not disappointed now!

arm
04-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Sorry I disappeared for a short while - was listening to the chat on TV with our commentators. They have viewers sending in texts and emails with questions etc and some of them are fun to listen to :) And a woman can never have enough clothes. :)

Raquel :kiss: Oh dear :unsure: I hope you're not disappointed now!

:rolls: It's still my decision! :p Silly. And I won't be. :D 2 tennis days and 1 and half day sightseeing. We leave exactly in one month from yesterday. :bounce:

ellewoods
04-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh the board is alive again :lol:

btw, I had my baked beans with scrambled eggs and buttered toast this morning :drool: it was so good

ellen_
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Me too. :awww: But school starts tomorrow, and I don't want to go back. :bigcry:

I still have vacation until next week's Thursday :rolls:. But I really have a calm semester now, too calm actually :lol:.

And it's your first tournament! Oh that will be great :bounce: And you can provide us from pictures and stories then :kiss: :p

Which reminds me: 17 days before I leave :banana:

*Ljubica*
04-13-2009, 12:22 PM

btw, I had my baked beans with scrambled eggs and buttered toast this morning :drool: it was so good

Hi Elle :wavey: I had scrambled eggs on buttered toast for breakfast this morning :) No beans though :o Should have thought about them.

I still have vacation until next week's Thursday :rolls:. But I really have a calm semester now, too calm actually :lol:.

And it's your first tournament! Oh that will be great :bounce: And you can provide us from pictures and stories then :kiss: :p

And 13 days before I leave for mine :bounce: 3 days at the Rome Masters - then some time in Slovenija with some of Alex's old friends - and then Serbian Open :woohoo:

arm
04-13-2009, 12:22 PM

:rolls: I only eat that when I am on vaccation in those 4 star hotels only my parents can afford. :rolls: Otherwise, when I'm on my own, the hotels I pick only offer me for breakfast milk, toasts, cereal and fruit. :lol:

Now that it's almost over, I want more. :awww::sad: :lol: One is never happy. :rolls:

Of course I will :bounce:, I just really, really wish I can see Nole. :hearts: If everything goes normal, I will. :D

arm
04-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Rosie, when will you be back rom serbia?

ellewoods
04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi Elle :wavey: I had scrambled eggs on buttered toast for breakfast this morning :) No beans though :o Should have thought about them.

Hi :wavey:

All the talk from a couple of days ago made me majorly crave baked beans. This morning I rummaged in our cupboards until I found a tin...I hope they werent expired :rolls: I could do more beans, egg and toast tomorrow. Now that I am on my semester break I have more time in the morning to make breakfast :D

Ohh and I spent at least two hours this afternoon doing another job application. It would suck if I dont even get a callback after all the time I spent on it!

And Racquel, you are going to have soooo much fun in Madrid. I'm jealous! My friends and I are planning to visit Spain and Portugal at the end of this year, if everything goes according to plan. Actually, we're planning to visit much of Europe - UK, France, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Netherlands :bounce: Fingers crossed!

ellen_
04-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I really can't imagine I would eat bakes beans with scrambled eggs in the morning :rolls:. I get nauseous when I even think about it. Although, I ate asparagus dish only half an hour after I woke up today :lol:.

Elle :wavey: No time to hop into Belgium? :p Czech Republic :inlove: I could really live there, I'm so in love with that country.

*Ljubica*
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Rosie, when will you be back rom serbia?

On the Saturday - 9th May. Which of course means I'll miss the semis and Final :tears: but we have to be back at work on the Monday, so need a day for unpacking/washing etc.

Hi :wavey:

All the talk from a couple of days ago made me majorly crave baked beans. This morning I rummaged in our cupboards until I found a tin...I hope they werent expired :rolls: I could do more beans, egg and toast tomorrow. Now that I am on my semester break I have more time in the morning to make breakfast :D

Ohh and I spent at least two hours this afternoon doing another job application. It would suck if I dont even get a callback after all the time I spent on it!

And Racquel, you are going to have soooo much fun in Madrid. I'm jealous! My friends and I are planning to visit Spain and Portugal at the end of this year, if everything goes according to plan. Actually, we're planning to visit much of Europe - UK, France, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Netherlands :bounce: Fingers crossed!

Sounds like a great holiday :D And seems this thread has influence on everything - even our eating habits :)

OK - I am out of here for half an hour or so - want to properly watch Jeremy Chardy :inlove: I think he's cute - and that is true - not one of my crazy Radek moments :unsure:

I'l be back soon though - he's already losing :tears:

Later :kiss:

ellewoods
04-13-2009, 12:32 PM
I really can't imagine I would eat bakes beans with scrambled eggs in the morning :rolls:. I get nauseous when I even think about it. Although, I ate asparagus dish only half an hour after I woke up today :lol:.

Elle :wavey: No time to hop into Belgium? :p Czech Republic :inlove: I could really live there, I'm so in love with that country.

Hi! Asparagus? :bolt:

I can't believe I forgot to say Belgium! Yes, definitely planning on going there! However, these are my tentative plans - my own personal wishlist of places to go - don't know if my friends will agree with me! I hope we can start planning the trip soon because I am getting so impatient!

arm
04-13-2009, 12:33 PM
On the Saturday - 9th May. Which of course means I'll miss the semis and Final :tears: but we have to be back at work on the Monday, so need a day for unpacking/wshing etc.

So you'll be away during Queima das Fitas here. :p

I just realized, Nole is having some SERIOUS support during clay season this year. :eek:

Herdwick in MonteCarlo, Rosie in Rome and Belgrade, then me in Madrid, and at end ofthe season, Rosie in RG again. :rolls: That boy really is lucky! :bounce: :rolls:

Elle, I really wish you can come. :) For me, there is nothing like Europe, I am sure you'll enjoy it very much here!

ellewoods
04-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Bye Rosie :wavey: Yes this board is very influential :lol:

I really hope I can go to Europe too! It's my graduation gift to myself :bounce:

arm
04-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Chardy is adorable! :inlove: All the Frenchies are :shrug:. Except the SB, of course!

I should go too. I spend the last week at my grandparents because the whole family was here, but now that everyone is gone back to Braga - where my aut, uncle and 2 cousins live - and Chaves where my parents and sister live and where I used to live :awww:, I must go back to my own place. :bounce:

I'll be back later. :hug:

arm
04-13-2009, 12:45 PM
PS: Elle, I gave you some reputation, :rolls:, if you need any help or advice let me know. :hug:

ellewoods
04-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Bye Racquel! :hug:

[twiddles thumbs] [wonders whether she should get back to her studies] [twiddles again]

:dance:

Psst, rep'd you back Racquel :kiss:

*Ljubica*
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm back :wavey: Poor Jeremy won't win this match :tears: He is cute though :hearts: Unlike Raquel I'm not totally into ALL the Frenchies - Gilles Simon is the only other one I think is cute. Jeremy is the best for sure. Allez :rocker2: