It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. [Archive] - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

*Raine
06-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Kom igen Robin :devil:

:sobbing: :sobbing: That really made me upset when he lost. I won't see Magnus on tv on my birthday. But I'm okay now, my other favorites (Nole, Hewitt, Roddick,Haas, Ferrero) won anyway.

:inlove: It was also nice to see Ewan McGregor on tv. :angel:

*Raine
06-30-2009, 09:41 AM
For Steph, who didn't see Ewan McGregor last night even once (and other interested people): :haha:

http://handson.provocateuse.com/images/photos/ewan_mcgregor_24.jpg

:inlove: :inlove:

*Ljubica*
06-30-2009, 12:08 PM
:sobbing: :sobbing: That really made me upset when he lost. I won't see Magnus on tv on my birthday. But I'm okay now, my other favorites (Nole, Hewitt, Roddick,Haas, Ferrero) won anyway.

:inlove: It was also nice to see Ewan McGregor on tv. :angel:

:awww: Sorry about that. There's no one left now I that I really like apart from Nole - so he better win the damn thing. OK - shouldn't be here :o Back to work. Later :kiss:

*Ljubica*
06-30-2009, 08:00 PM
These handsome boys have all got together to say one thing - yes, it's:-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAINE

:aparty: HAVE A GREAT DAY :aparty:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bj80AXgXsb4W/610x.jpg?center=0.5,0
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2009-02/7_9299767_1.jpg
http://www.rolandgarros.com/images/pics/large/b_norman_0603_1.jpg

Have a wonderful day :hug:

ellen_
07-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Now it's July 1st here too so now I can wish you a Happy Birthday too, Raine! :aparty: Have a great one, girl!

And I got a bunny! :bounce:

pica_pica
07-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Happy birthday Raine! :wavey:

July 1st....it's public holiday here in Hong Kong....12th anniversity of the handover of Hong Kong to China

ellen_
07-01-2009, 11:30 AM
May I present to you... my bunny, Woppy :p :hearts:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/SktHDOXCWgI/AAAAAAAAEDM/eCnTiZNF_T4/s512/DSC01423.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/SktHD77HkLI/AAAAAAAAEDU/VuK4oyJfKn8/s512/DSC01429.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/SktHDjNE-nI/AAAAAAAAEDQ/0czKONLMw6E/s720/DSC01424.JPG

ellewoods
07-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Omg s/he is the cutest thing!!! :awww:

kalisita
07-01-2009, 12:07 PM
:aparty: Happy Birthday Raine! :aparty:

*Ljubica*
07-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Ellen :hearts: Woppy is adorable :inlove:

*Raine
07-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Thank you so much for all the greetings. :D :hug: I had a great day even if my favorites in tennis lost.

Rose: Thank you so much for those pictures. It made my day and I have to say, you really know who I like. :angel: :inlove:

Ellen: Your pet bunny is so cute. :awww: I want one too.

pica pica: Happy Special Administrative Region Establishment Day!!!

kalisita: Thanks :aparty::aparty:. I wish Sid is here. hehe. :inlove:

ellen_
07-03-2009, 09:24 AM
It's too quiet here :awww: How's everyone doing? Where's Herdwick hanging out? Is Raquel still studying? Is Rose cleaning her house or baking cookies? Lee? Elle? Kalista? Raine? Anyone? :bigcry:

*Ljubica*
07-03-2009, 10:44 AM
It's too quiet here :awww: How's everyone doing? Where's Herdwick hanging out? Is Raquel still studying? Is Rose cleaning her house or baking cookies? Lee? Elle? Kalista? Raine? Anyone? :bigcry:

:wavey: You weren't so wrong Ellen! You must know me too well :o I had a Doctor's appointment first thing - and since I've been back, I've been washing all the curtains and cleanng the bathroom. What fun :rolleyes: Later I may well bake a cake, as Alex comes home from Belgrade tomorrow and he likes my cakes :D As for everyone else - yes Raquel is still doing her exams and Lee is on holiday, but don't know about the others :shrug: How are you?

ellen_
07-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Doctor's appointment? Hope you're not ill! Or is it for the surgery? And how many times do you wash your curtains? :lol: Ah, Alex coming back... You must've missed him. I'm quite okay, although I'll be alone for 2 weeks because my family leaves to Turkey tonight :awww: And I have a huge mosquito bite which annoys me very much :explode:

Oh, and I'm also nervous for Andy's SF :unsure: Hope he can kick "tha Muzz"'s ass :cool:

*Ljubica*
07-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Doctor's appointment? Hope you're not ill! Or is it for the surgery? And how many times do you wash your curtains? :lol: Ah, Alex coming back... You must've missed him. I'm quite okay, although I'll be alone for 2 weeks because my family leaves to Turkey tonight :awww: And I have a huge mosquito bite which annoys me very much :explode:

Oh, and I'm also nervous for Andy's SF :unsure: Hope he can kick "tha Muzz"'s ass :cool:

Yes it was just to do with the surgery. They have to take blood every week to monitor my blood cell count :rolleyes: I have more holes in my arms now than a voodoo doll :bolt:

How many times do I wash my curtains? Hmmmm - whenever I feel they need it I guess - no set routine :shrug: My nets probably get done every 2-3 weeks because they tend to get grubby quickly, but the heavy ones just every couple of months I guess. Alex smokes like a chimney so they tend to smell too smoky if I don't. And yes - of course I've missed him - I had to mow the lawns myself this week :spit:

Mosquito bites :bolt: I hate them, and I got loads of them last time I was in Belgrade - the Serbian insects took a liking to me :rolleyes:

So how is the lovely Woppy? And why didn't you go to Turkey too?

And don't be nervous - Andy R. may just surprise you :D

ellen_
07-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Yes it was just to do with the surgery. They have to take blood every week to monitor my blood cell count :rolleyes: I have more holes in my arms now than a voodoo doll :bolt:

How many times do I wash my curtains? Hmmmm - whenever I feel they need it I guess - no set routine :shrug: My nets probably get done every 2-3 weeks because they tend to get grubby quickly, but the heavy ones just every couple of months I guess. Alex smokes like a chimney so they tend to smell too smoky if I don't. And yes - of course I've missed him - I had to mow the lawns myself this week :spit:

Mosquito bites :bolt: I hate them, and I got loads of them last time I was in Belgrade - the Serbian insects took a liking to me :rolleyes:

So how is the lovely Woppy? And why didn't you go to Turkey too?

And don't be nervous - Andy R. may just surprise you :D

:bolt:

Woppy is doing great! She was a bit scared at the beginning, but now she always comes to the little door of her cage when we come near. I have to admit I'm spoiling her though, with carrot leaves. She likes being on our laps too but she's a little crazy. She keeps going up until she's in my shirt, on my shoulder, biting my hair, ... And at night she starts running around, jumping on and off her house, etc :lol: I love her.

I'm not going to Turkey too because I decided to spend my money to other things, and I prefer to have a relaxing sun vacation in winter.

I've just been to my aunt, who's goats got babies :hearts: Will post a picture soon, they are so cute and little!

Oh and Erno tricked us. He's gonna play for Latvia in DC against Bulgaria afterall. A bit short notice for me to find a flight, bastard :ras:

*Ljubica*
07-03-2009, 01:11 PM
:bolt:

Woppy is doing great! She was a bit scared at the beginning, but now she always comes to the little door of her cage when we come near. I have to admit I'm spoiling her though, with carrot leaves. She likes being on our laps too but she's a little crazy. She keeps going up until she's in my shirt, on my shoulder, biting my hair, ... And at night she starts running around, jumping on and off her house, etc :lol: I love her.

I'm not going to Turkey too because I decided to spend my money to other things, and I prefer to have a relaxing sun vacation in winter.

I've just been to my aunt, who's goats got babies :hearts: Will post a picture soon, they are so cute and little!

Oh and Erno tricked us. He's gonna play for Latvia in DC against Bulgaria afterall. A bit short notice for me to find a flight, bastard :ras:

:lol: Perhaps he did it on purpose - to test you - see just how much you were prepared to sacrifice for him :o Hope you get a flight anyway.

Baby goats :inlove: I want photos :D My friend used to keep goats -I love them. Well I love all animals really. And Woppy sounds cute :inlove: More pictures would be great.

As for the tennis :yawn: Tommy Haas :spit: Beats Novak and Marin and then rolls over for GreatGodFed :rolleyes: Washing my curtains is far more entertaing.

*Raine
07-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm still alive and doing well. :lol::wavey:

I was just busy these past two days because of my birthday and my birthday celebration yesterday. I had a great time with my parents, friends and relatives :). However, I am starting to feel the fatigue for these weeks that I have been staying up late. More like no sleep at all or just a maximum of 2 hours sleep :o (Ellen, Steph and Maria knows this so well). I feel like a zombie today, no energy at all, even to cheer for Haas. :o Europe and American timezones sucks for us Asians. :lol:

I am still interested in this tournament... Haas (well technically he is), Roddick and Murray are still there. :D

Rose: I hope all goes well in your surgery

Ellen: Give my love to Woppy. :awww: :inlove:

*Ljubica*
07-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Nice to see you here Raine and glad you enjoyed your Birthday celebrations :hug: Gets lots of rest :kiss:

ellen_
07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Raine :wavey: Glad to hear to had a good time! And you should get back to a better biorythm (one that's good to follow the US tourneys).

:lol: Perhaps he did it on purpose - to test you - see just how much you were prepared to sacrifice for him :o Hope you get a flight anyway.

Baby goats :inlove: I want photos :D My friend used to keep goats -I love them. Well I love all animals really. And Woppy sounds cute :inlove: More pictures would be great.

As for the tennis :yawn: Tommy Haas :spit: Beats Novak and Marin and then rolls over for GreatGodFed :rolleyes: Washing my curtains is far more entertaing.

Maybe he wants to keep the fangirls away like this, but perhaps he doesn't know that I adore other Latvians too :angel: But I'm not gonna try to get a flight, I'll get another chance to see team Latvia once.

Pictures of Musti and Charlie:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/Sk4Dq2i0xII/AAAAAAAAEDc/fEt50EZ9Nh0/s512/DSC01443.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/Sk4DrTzpURI/AAAAAAAAEDg/1yCvV2KhO-Q/s720/DSC01447.JPG

Charlie has heart problems and gets tired very quickly so he has to be carried all the time :awww:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/Sk4DrubKGdI/AAAAAAAAEDk/sSnzm_25wpE/s512/DSC01448.JPG

They have to be bottle fed because mommy Mieke doesn't want to see them :awww: Daddy Bokkie is crazy about them though!

As for Federer-Haas, it was quite expectable. But it's good Federer is winning, he's my backup when Andy loses from Muzz today :p My last hope! :kiss:

*Ljubica*
07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
:awww: Ellen - they are adorable:inlove: I was feeling really down and miserable right then, and those pics cheered me up. Thanks :hug:

Sorry you won't get to the DC this year - but - as you say - plenty of other occasions to visit your favourite place :) Not sure I've ever met any other Latvians, so I will have to take your word on how great they are :D

Oh and thanks for your support in the other thread too btw :D I was trying to just ignore it because that particular poster does that to me everywhere :rolleyes: But see it's been removed now anyway - but thanks :kiss:

ellen_
07-03-2009, 02:16 PM
:awww: Ellen - they are adorable:inlove: I was feeling really down and miserable right then, and those pics cheered me up. Thanks :hug:

Sorry you won't get to the DC this year - but - as you say - plenty of other occasions to visit your favourite place :) Not sure I've ever met any other Latvians, so I will have to take your word on how great they are :D

Oh and thanks for your support in the other thread too btw :D I was trying to just ignore it because that particular poster does that to me everywhere :rolleyes: But see it's been removed now anyway - but thanks :kiss:

:hug: It's okay.

Tomic lost his semifinal :sobbing: But now Andy time! :banana: He's playing some Scot, I thought.

*Ljubica*
07-03-2009, 02:38 PM
:hug: It's okay.

Tomic lost his semifinal :sobbing: But now Andy time! :banana: He's playing some Scot, I thought.

Maybe Sean Connery or Ewan McGregor :angel: Enjoy the match:D

ellewoods
07-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm here too! :wavey: Sorry for not posting but I havent really been in the mood and have also been really busy catching up with everyone after exams. Plus I am preparing for my trip to China and HK and working quite a bit so no time!

I hope you are all doing well :hug:

Rosie,good luck with the surgery!

kalisita
07-03-2009, 03:59 PM
:wavey: all. Checking in (and proving I'm still alive ;)).

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, for the most part. :) Ellen-those goats are so cute! I guess pretty much all baby things are though. :awww: I've been a little sad these last couple days since I was taking care of an abandoned kitten that didn't make it. :sad: Those pics cheered me up. :)

*Raine
07-03-2009, 06:54 PM
:spit: I didn't feel sleepy anymore during that 4th set tiebreak. So happy for Andy Roddick. :D I'll go to bed now before I eventually collapse from lack of sleep. :wavey:

:wavey: kalisita and Elle

PS: Did Rose just mentioned Ewan McGregor? :inlove:

*Ljubica*
07-04-2009, 01:00 PM
:wavey: all. Checking in (and proving I'm still alive ;)).

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, for the most part. :) Ellen-those goats are so cute! I guess pretty much all baby things are though. :awww: I've been a little sad these last couple days since I was taking care of an abandoned kitten that didn't make it. :sad: Those pics cheered me up. :)

That is so sad :hug:

*Raine
07-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Happy 4th of July to kalisita and the other Americans here. :D:D:D

*Ljubica*
07-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh goodness yes - I always forget July 4th :o So Happy Day to all the Americans here :hug:

pica_pica
07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm here too! :wavey: Sorry for not posting but I havent really been in the mood and have also been really busy catching up with everyone after exams. Plus I am preparing for my trip to China and HK and working quite a bit so no time!

I hope you are all doing well :hug:

Rosie,good luck with the surgery!
:wavey:
Hey when will you come to Hong Kong? :)

ellewoods
07-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Hey when will you come to Hong Kong? :)

I'll be there from July 10th to July 15th :)

Noleta
07-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Rose hope the op. will go well:hug:

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Rose hope the op. will go well:hug:

Hi sweetie - and thanks :hug: You've been much missed here :awww: How are you?

Noleta
07-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi sweetie - and thanks :hug: You've been much missed here :awww: How are you?

Better now that i have my pc back:Dbit burned due to this weeks sunny wheather:pglad that it's rained today:D

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Better now that i have my pc back:Dbit burned due to this weeks sunny wheather:pglad that it's rained today:D

No rain here - this has been the driest and sunniest Wimbedon ever I think :D

Noleta
07-05-2009, 05:06 PM
No rain here - this has been the driest and sunniest Wimbedon ever I think :D

Just when they've builded a roof:p

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Just when they've builded a roof:p

The English weather always was perverse :p

Noleta
07-05-2009, 05:13 PM
The English weather always was perverse :p

Have they actually used the roof this 2 weeks:scratch:

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Have they actually used the roof this 2 weeks:scratch:

Once on Wednesday. They closed it because of a few spots of rain and a forecast of storms that never happened. :shrug: Murray played his match against Wawrinka under it.

Noleta
07-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Once on Wednesday. They closed it because of a few spots of rain and a forecast of storms that never happened. :shrug: Murray played his match against Wawrinka under it.

Havn't seen a lot of tennis other than some highlights of Novaks matches and Serena vs Dementieva which was a great match:D

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Havn't seen a lot of tennis other than some highlights of Novaks matches and Serena vs Dementieva which was a great match:D

That's a shame because there were some great matches this year - Haas v Cilic was amazing, and also the standard of Roddick v Murray and the Murray/Wawrinka match. It was a pretty amazing Wimbledon I think :yeah:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
That's a shame because there were some great matches this year - Haas v Cilic was amazing, and also the standard of Roddick v Murray and the Murray/Wawrinka match. It was a pretty amazing Wimbledon I think :yeah:

Sampras:hearts:

Shame there isn't that much grass tounraments:sad:

ellen_
07-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Noleta :wavey: Welkom terug!

MTF's a bitch today btw :explode:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 06:40 PM

Dank u wel:D

I know it didn't change :p

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 07:37 PM

MTF's always a bitch :spit: I even had the good old "Service Unavailable" message a few times today :rolleyes:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 07:52 PM
MTF's always a bitch :spit: I even had the good old "Service Unavailable" message a few times today :rolleyes:

And i can't see any smilies:(

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM
And i can't see any smilies:(

I can :nerner: :banana:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 08:26 PM
I can :nerner: :banana:

You're a tease:p i only get the red x:mad:

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 08:33 PM
You're a tease:p i only get the red x:mad:

You must have been a bad girl somewhere along the line - and this is your punishment :p Actually I couldn't see avvies or sig pictures yesterday - so their punishments are totally random :lol:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
You must have been a bad girl somewhere along the line - and this is your punishment :p Actually I couldn't see avvies or sig pictures yesterday - so their punishments are totally random :lol:

Me:angel:i wonder if they're trying to fix things:rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Me:angel:i wonder if they're trying to fix things:rolleyes:

Somehow I doubt it :rolleyes: I read the "Bugs and Errors" section here sometimes - seems people are always complaining about the servers but nothing ever appears to get done :shrug:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Somehow I doubt it :rolleyes: I read the "Bugs and Errors" section here sometimes - seems people are always complaining about the servers but nothing ever appears to get done :shrug:

They're either lazy or don't have a clue:p

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 08:54 PM
They're either lazy or don't have a clue:p

Or maybe both? :shrug:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Or maybe both? :shrug:

Yeah or they like to irritate us:p

*Ljubica*
07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah or they like to irritate us:p

They must all be men then - I find irritating us is what they do best :p

And on that note I am out of here - early start and work tomorrow. Been great having you back dear - catch up with you tomorrow after work I'm sure :hug:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 09:18 PM
They must all be men then - I find irritating us is what they do best :p

And on that note I am out of here - early start and work tomorrow. Been great having you back dear - catch up with you tomorrow after work I'm sure :hug:

Men huh:smash:

Sweet Miljan dreams Rose:kiss:that's really nice to read:hug:

ellen_
07-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Metallica live on stage :bounce: I could give you a livestream but I just discovered it's only for Belgian IP :awww:

It's good to have you back btw, Noleta :lol: So much talk again!

Noleta
07-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Metallica live on stage :bounce: For the lovers: http://summerfestivals.skynet.be/blank.html?l1=entertainment&l2=musicclub&l3=festivals&l4=live&a=live&fyid=22&new_lang=nl

It's good to have you back, Noleta :lol: So much talk again!

Thanks for the link:rocker:

Do i talk that much:unsure::p lol i heard Milk Inc. was there to why they're not a rock band:lol:

Btw anyone heard the new songs on Novaks website:lol: sound to me like songs you'll listen to when you're drunk:tape:

ellen_
07-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Of course you are able to listen to the link, but I had removed it in the meantime because no other ones here can use it :lol:

Yes Milk Inc is on stage too now. Well, Gracie Jones was there too yesterday and she doesn't rock either :lol: I guess they're trying to bring some different kinds of music there too... Money business.

I listened to the songs on Nole's website and I thought "hmm, if I would be drunk I would have so much fun listening to this" :lol: Great minds think alike. Or perhaps it's because we're Belgians :o

Noleta
07-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Of course you are able to listen to the link, but I had removed it in the meantime because no other ones here can use it :lol:

Yes Milk Inc is on stage too now. Well, Gracie Jones was there too yesterday and she doesn't rock either :lol: I guess they're trying to bring some different kinds of music there too... Money business.

I listened to the songs on Nole's website and I thought "hmm, if I would be drunk I would have so much fun listening to this" :lol: Great minds think alike. Or perhaps it's because we're Belgians :o

It's called Rock Werchter so pop/dance act have nothing to do there if i was a die hard rock fan i won't be pleased listening to Milk Inc. next they will have K3 on stage:lol:

I think the last one:lol:we should ask the non Belgian what they think:D

Yet another hot night pffff can't sleep when it's hot like that.

ellen_
07-05-2009, 10:18 PM
K2! :p

It's not that hot, I think. Although I still have a fan on... But at least I don't need my airco tonight. It's over with the nice weather! Wimbledon is over and we (and London too :p) will get rain.

Noleta
07-05-2009, 10:21 PM
K2! :p

It's not that hot, I think. Although I still have a fan on... But at least I don't need my airco tonight. It's over with the nice weather! Wimbledon is over and we (and London too :p) will get rain.

Oh right K2:lol:sounds weird though:p

Airco makes me sick so can't use it.

Well at least we had our summer for a week:p

ellen_
07-05-2009, 10:25 PM
It's a good thing that they think it will be better weather in 2 weeks though. Looking forward to Lokerse Feesten so much and I don't want rain this time :bounce: Although it's kinda fun to dance around in the rain with a nice cocktail :lol:

Airco makes me sick too but at least I can sleep then. I get so pissed when I can't sleep because of the heat :tape:

Noleta
07-05-2009, 10:30 PM
It's a good thing that they think it will be better weather in 2 weeks though. Looking forward to Lokerse Feesten so much and I don't want rain this time :bounce: Although it's kinda fun to dance around in the rain with a nice cocktail :lol:

Airco makes me sick too but at least I can sleep then. I get so pissed when I can't sleep because of the heat :tape:

Yeah dancing in the mud that's fun right:lol:

I get a bad temper the day after if i don't have enough sleep:tape:i'm like an angry bear:bolt:

ellen_
07-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Thank god it's not sand anymore :lol: They've put cement on it. Much easier to find your coins to buy drinks with back when you drop them for the 100th time on one evening :p

Anyway, I'm off to bed now :wavey: Slaapwel.

Noleta
07-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Thank god it's not sand anymore :lol: They've put cement on it. Much easier to find your coins to buy drinks with back when you drop them for the 100th time on one evening :p

Anyway, I'm off to bed now :wavey: Slaapwel.

Be careful who's behind you when you're bending over:lol::p

Droom zacht:kiss:

pica_pica
07-06-2009, 05:03 AM
I'll be there from July 10th to July 15th :)
Where will you be visiting while you are in Hong Kong????

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Men huh:smash:

Sweet Miljan dreams Rose:kiss:that's really nice to read:hug:

Actually - I did have exactly those dreams :inlove: But it's too early in the morning to think about them though - I wouldn't be able to concentrate on work.:o

And it is so nice to see this thread being active again - the Belgian girls rule :rocker:

OK - I'm at work - so later :wavey:

ellen_
07-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Be careful who's behind you when you're bending over:lol::p

Droom zacht:kiss:

:lol: I will. Although shame Nole won't be there... :tape:

And you should check this out. There are some serious looney people in the world :cuckoo:

4OSrXBSCqCc

arm
07-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I am more or less on hollidays :woohoo: :bounce:

I missed you girls so much. :awww: How is everyone? :hug:

And I missed raine's bday. So: Happy birthday! :hug::aparty: (Sorry for being late :awww:)

arm
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Ok, let me sum up my life for the last 2 weeks. :rolls:

Basically I stayed at my grandpas place studying and only left home to write the damn exams. :rolls: But most important is that I managed to get through this season alive! :bounce: :rolls:

Now that I pratically have nothing at all to study I feel bored as hell. :awww: :mad: I am in Chaves now and I have absolutely nothing to do. :rolleyes: Even worse, I don't have any plans for summer as pretty much all my friends decided they can't go on hollidays or don't want to. :awww:

So, instead of feeling happy for being on hollidays, I feel bored. :spit: I need to make some plans as soon as possible, but I just can't figure out what plans! :(

As for Nole, well, I only managed to see a couple of his matches :awww::shrug: and I was very disappointed when I saw the result for his QF match. :shrug: I know that sooner or later, his time will come, like rafa's did or Roger. It's just the having to wait thing that amkes me :sad: and :mad: at the same time. :rolls:

How is everyone here? :bounce: Hope all is fine. :hug:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 12:12 PM
:wavey: Well look who's back :hug: Exams a distant memory I hope.

Stil buzzing from yesterday - couldn't sleep for ages last night; was dancing round my living room with headphones on until well after midnight - :woohoo: :bounce: - but am aware it was not a popular victory here so will try to keep my triumphalism to a minimum :nerner:.

And absolutely bled for Andy yesterday :bigcry: :hysteric: This must be the cruellest sport in the world - no team mates to share the sorrow and only your own thoughts when the lights go out..:sad:

arm
07-06-2009, 12:25 PM

Stil buzzing from yesterday - couldn't sleep for ages last night; was dancing round my living room with headphones on until well after midnight - :woohoo: :bounce: - but am aware it was not a popular victory here so will try to keep my triumphalism to a minimum :nerner:.

And absolutely bled for Andy yesterday :bigcry: :hysteric: This must be the cruellest sport in the world - no team mates to share the sorrow and only your own thoughts when the lights go out..:sad:

:wavey: :bounce: :kiss:

I didn't watch :rolls: was cycling with my dad. But at some point, João sent me and SMS saying "I just want it all to be over :rolleyes:". :rolls:

I am not happy about the winner, but I wouldn't be either way. :shrug:

1 question: how did the UK take Andykins loss? I heard the queen had even made plans to go to the final if he had reached it. :rolls: I don't want to be :devil:. :nerner:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
You didn't watch :o! Well it wasn't a classic quality-wise - Roger was sub-par and frankly lucky to win IMO - but the drama! Wow!

Suffice to say Andy is now back to being officially Scottish - as opposed to British;and a lot of the comments are mean-spirited 'We'd never hear the end of it if a Jock (the English somewhat derogatory term for a Scot) had won it'/ Knew he wasn;t any good' etc - ie exactly what you'd expect.

The Queen can't stand tennis as far as I know - she's not been near Wimbledon apparently since Virginia Wade won it back in the 70s. Andykins - bless him - is far too sensible to be bothered by such fripperies and makes that only too clear. The pressure here on him though has been just ridiculous - felt really sorry for him last Friday - he looked so crushed. :awww:

Anyway Roger and Rafa have won enough now so time for some new Slam winners IMO. In the absence of a focussed Nole, I really hope Andykins gets the US Open:bounce:

*Raine
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Raquel: Thanks for the bday greeting. Nole lost on my bday btw. :(

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Just popping in to say hello and all that;) Thanks those of you who were around for your nice comments on the Andy R thread. :hug: And don't forget Herdwick he has a wife to cry on. Don't we all know about that :lol:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Happy belated birthday Raine!

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Just popping in to say hello and all that;) Thanks those of you who were around for your nice comments on the Andy R thread. :hug: And don't forget Herdwick he has a wife to cry on. Don't we all know about that :lol:

Hi Sue - feeling better? Gut-wrenching day for all concerned yesterday.:hug: Beers required all round.:hysteric:

Brooklyn seems a fairly sparky type - is she Mrs R or has she kept Decker btw? - and was surely required to prove her worth last night. :shrug: Not sure how you handle a husband who's suffered that kind of bone-crushing loss - case of actions speaking louder than words I guess :lol:.

Do wonder if he keeps this form up if he could possibly get the USO again by way of consolation - reckon a lot of people would be happy with that.:D He's got some terrific comments in the UK papers today btw.

arm
07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
You didn't watch ! Well it wasn't a classic quality-wise - Roger was sub-par and frankly lucky to win IMO - but the drama! Wow!

Suffice to say Andy is now back to being officially Scottish - as opposed to British;and a lot of the comments are mean-spirited 'We'd never hear the end of it if a Jock (the English somewhat derogatory term for a Scot) had won it'/ Knew he wasn;t any good' etc - ie exactly what you'd expect.

The Queen can't stand tennis as far as I know - she's not been near Wimbledon apparently since Virginia Wade won it back in the 70s. Andykins - bless him - is far too sensible to be bothered by such fripperies and makes that only too clear. The pressure here on him though has been just ridiculous - felt really sorry for him last Friday - he looked so crushed.

Anyway Roger and Rafa have won enough now so time for some new Slam winners IMO. In the absence of a focussed Nole, I really hope Andykins gets the US Open

:awww: Poor Andykins. :hug: Mean, mean people you brits :nerner:. But I love you tho
ugh :hug:. :nerner: :rolls: I had no idea they would take it that way. :eek: It's really stupid. I am very sorry for Andykins. :kiss:

As for yesterday, well, I didn't watch Nole's matches, I didn't watch Wimby at all, I decided I did not want to just watch the final considering I didn't like the 2 players that were playing it. :shrug: Not to mention that I thought it was going to be a 3 setter for Roger. :shrug: If I had known it was going to be so dramatic, I probably would have watched it. :p

And now we have such a long time to wait for more tennis. :bigcry:

Raquel: Thanks for the bday greeting. Nole lost on my bday btw. :(

:hug::hug: I am sorry for that and for being late. :( How many years is it now?

Sue!! :hug:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Actually I never take a loss to heart; I am more of a tennis fan in general. And I guess when it comes down to it my real world is so sad in general ( work that is) that a player losing sort of takes second place;)
Day off for me today ( a four day weekend) which is lovely. My family are away all summer across the country so I have been straightening , spring cleaning and just relaxing. I join them in late August for 2 weeks and can't wait. At present I am in the midst of some significant work issues so my vacation can't come soon enough;)
Hi back :hug: I don't know if Brooklyn kept her own name ; hope so;)
Racquel? Who is that suppose to be in your avatar?

arm
07-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Actually I never take a loss to heart; I am more of a tennis fan in general. And I guess when it comes down to it my real world is so sad in general ( work that is) that a player losing sort of takes second place;)
Day off for me today ( a four day weekend) which is lovely. My family are away all summer across the country so I have been straightening , spring cleaning and just relaxing. I join them in late August for 2 weeks and can't wait. At present I am in the midst of some significant work issues so my vacation can't come soon enough;)
Hi back :hug: I don't know if Brooklyn kept her own name ; hope so;)
Racquel? Who is that suppose to be in your avatar?

:bigcry:Everybody has plans but me. :awww: Ok, kiddind. :p

You are so reasonable Sue. :hug: When I grow up I want to be like you. :D :baby:

As for my avatar, it's the CD cover of a new Portuguese band that sings fado in a different way. They are quite great. Check this out:

English article about them: http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/live_reviews/article6450667.ece

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq1j-Dq11WQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf3tRK1e0RM

They sind a different type of fado and are very ironic/sarcastic/critic. ;)

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 01:26 PM
:rolls: about being like me that is;) I am sure you will be and do just fine :hug:
Fado :hearts: I always think of the doomed lover and melodramatic stylings. I have a couple of "fado" genre songs on collections. I will check this band out. Thank god for youtube!

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 01:29 PM
The second song is beautiful; wish I knew what they were saying of course but the melody is gorgeous.

ellen_
07-06-2009, 01:31 PM
:wavey: Raquel, Sue and Herdwick. All doing well, I hear. Nice.

Talking about the final yesterday... :hysteric:

arm
07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
:rolls: about being like me that is;) I am sure you will be and do just fine :hug:
Fado :hearts: I always think of the doomed lover and melodramatic stylings. I have a couple of "fado" genre songs on collections. I will check this band out. Thank god for youtube!

At least I'll be a doctor like you. :p As for being reasonable as well, :rolls: let's see. :p

Like I said, it's a completely different type of fado. It's kind of irreverent, sarcatic and critic in a very intelligent way. It's hard for me to explain and one that doesn't understand Portuguese will never fully understand.

theye were here in Coimbra during Queima das Fitas. It was a blast, probably the best concert of the week. :bounce:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi Ellen :hug:
Any idea what type of Doc you want to be Raquel? Or is it too early?

pica_pica
07-06-2009, 01:36 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug: My brother is very sad too....he's still blaming the light at the end of the match....how the fact that Andy-R stood in the light and Roger in the dark has affected the outcome

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
This is definitely the well-educated and cultured thread.:yeah:

Rather like that fado - shall have to listen to it properly at home. No doubt even better with the lyrics :D

:wavey: Ellen & Pica

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Rather like that fado - shall have to listen to it properly at home. No doubt even better with the lyrics :D

No doubt about that. And the humour is good natured;)

arm
07-06-2009, 01:45 PM
The second song is beautiful; wish I knew what they were saying of course but the melody is gorgeous.

a noite vinha fria The night was cold
negras sombras a rondavam Dark shadows around
era meia-noite It was midnight
e o meu amor tardava And my lover was late

a nossa casa, a nossa vida Our home, our life
foi de novo revirada Was turned around
à meia-noite At midnight
o meu amor não estava My lover was not there

ai, eu não sei aonde ele está Oh, I don't know where he is
se à nossa casa voltará If he'll come back to our home
foi esse o nosso compromisso That was our compromise

e acaso nos tocar o azar And if eventually we are unlucky
o combinado é não esperar The deal is not to wait
que o nosso amor é clandestino And our love is clandestine

com o bebé, escondida, With the baby, hidden
quis lá eu saber, esperei I didn't care, I waited
era meia-noite It was midnight
e o meu amor tardava And my love was late

e arranhada pelas silvas (I don't know how to translate :o)
sei lá eu o que desejei: I have no idea what I wished
não voltar nunca... Never come back...
amantes, outra casa... Lovers, another home

e quando ele por fim chegou And when he finally arrived
trazia flores que apanhou he brought flowers
e um brinquedo pró menino And a toy for the boy

e quando a guarda apontou (I could translate but I can0t understand what they mean :o)
fui eu quem o abraçou It was me who hugged him
o nosso amor é clandestino Our love is clandestine

It's their only "romantic" music. But it's very addictive, IMO.

Ellen :bounce: :D :hug:

arm
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi Ellen :hug:
Any idea what type of Doc you want to be Raquel? Or is it too early?

Nope, no idea. :shrug: Way too soon. :p

It's great. You WOULD love the Fado Toninho lyrics. :rolls: And pretty much every single one of their lyrics because they are so damn sarcastic and critic. :rolls:

When you arrive home ask me to translate another one of their lyrics and you'll understand. :rolls:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks Raquel.

And OT but on the humour front - this delight was in yesterday's Sunday Times. Any lurkers or Belgians - please do not be offended!

'...I’ve often thought that Europe is an allegory for the ages of man. You’re born Italian. They’re relentlessly infantile and mother-obsessed. In childhood, we’re English: chronically shy, tongue-tied, cliquey, and only happy kicking balls, pulling the legs off things, or sending someone to Coventry. Teenagers are French: pretentiously philosophical, embarrassingly vain, ridiculously romantic and insincere. Then, in middle age, we become either Swiss or Irish. Old age is German: ponderous, pompous and pedantic. Then finally we regress into being Belgian, with no idea who we are at all. ...'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/eating_out/a_a_gill/article6608814.ece

arm
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks Raquel.

And OT but on the humour front - this delight was in yesterday's Sunday Times. Any lurkers or Belgians - please do not be offended!

'...I’ve often thought that Europe is an allegory for the ages of man. You’re born Italian. They’re relentlessly infantile and mother-obsessed. In childhood, we’re English: chronically shy, tongue-tied, cliquey, and only happy kicking balls, pulling the legs off things, or sending someone to Coventry. Teenagers are French: pretentiously philosophical, embarrassingly vain, ridiculously romantic and insincere. Then, in middle age, we become either Swiss or Irish. Old age is German: ponderous, pompous and pedantic. Then finally we regress into being Belgian, with no idea who we are at all. ...'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/eating_out/a_a_gill/article6608814.ece

:haha:

I wonder in what cathegory my nation fits. :scratch::rolls:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 02:04 PM

I wonder in what cathegory my nation fits. :scratch::rolls:

Hmm - not sure we've really got any obvious Portugese cliched stereotypes. I must consult the Sun or the Daily Wail - they're unsurpassed at insulting anyone who isn't English.:lol:

Actually on re-reading that, it's probably the Germans and the French who'd be more offended... :rolls:

arm
07-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Hmm - not sure we've really got any obvious Portugese cliched stereotypes. I must consult the Sun or the Daily Wail - they're unsurpassed at insulting anyone who isn't English.:lol:

Actually on re-reading that, it's probably the Germans and the French who'd be more offended...

You should read Fernando Pessoa. (Please DON'T :spit:) :rolls: Believe me, it's is more than possible to stereotype my nation. :spit: And that guy, Fernando Pessoa, did it, but I don't recomend him. :o Besides being too negative, only Portuguese readers can fully understand what he means.

Let's me do some research. :p :rolls:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh am sure it's perfectly possible :lol: but just don't think there are many Portuguese stereotypes uppermost in the UK mind...

The English reserve theirs for their nearest neighbours and/or people they've been at war with, so that means the French, the Scots and the Germans...:rolleyes:

ellen_
07-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Actually I think it's quite hard to stereotype us - Belgians, as we are NO nation at all :lol: Besides indeed not knowing who or what we are, which is also caused by that. I'm born here, but that's it. The only thing that makes me feel Belgian is when atletes do good :shrug:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks Raquel for the translation!!

arm
07-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh am sure it's perfectly possible :lol: but just don't think there are many Portuguese stereotypes uppermost in the UK mind...

The English reserve theirs for their nearest neighbours and/or people they've been at war with, so that means the French, the Scots and the Germans...:rolleyes:

Ask the Spanish. :rolls: Besides, like I said before, Portugal and England is the oldest alliance on earth, so you should know some stuff about us. :rolls: :nerner:

Actually I think it's quite hard to stereotype us - Belgians, as we are NO nation at all :lol: Besides indeed not knowing who or what we are, which is also caused by that. I'm born here, but that's it. The only thing that makes me feel Belgian is when atletes do good :shrug:

Really? That's so strange. I mean Portuguese people are quite patriotic, I am not that much. But I still like my country and feel lucky. :shrug: That doesn't mean that I would have any problem at all leaving Portugal to go live someqhere else, because I realy would have no prolem at all with that. :rolls:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Herdwick- you have a Belgian flag so where are you from? :lol:

arm
07-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks Raquel for the translation!!

No problem Sue! :hug: Then again, even with the translation, I am afraid you can't fully understand the meaning, because a lot of things get lost in translation. :awww: But I am sure you know that. :)

arm
07-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Herdwick- you have a Belgian flag so where are you from? :lol:

She is Scotish, but her husband, JP, is belgian. ;)

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 02:25 PM

True - guess it may be because you're a small, (fairly) new nation who has not upset too many people over the years. :shrug:

But these guys think someone's had a try.... no I'm not saying they're right :D Have just sent it to JP too so we'll see.:haha:

http://www.goodnewsforliberaldemocracy.org/belgianantidefamationinstitute/

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Scottish :banana: A country I so want to visit. Portugal as well. But that will be in the next life the way I am going :lol:

arm
07-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Scottish :banana: A country I so want to visit. Portugal as well. But that will be in the next life the way I am going :lol:

:rolls:

Portugal is ofen underrated in terms of tourism. And I do understand why when there are also countries like France, Italy, Austria, Greece in Europe.

But the truth is, we have the same or more to ofer than they do. ;)

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYmcT3FCOc

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
:rolls:

Portugal is ofen underrated in terms of tourism. And I do understand why when there are also countries like France, Italy, Austria, Greece in Europe.

But the truth is, we have the same or more to ofer than they do. ;)

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYmcT3FCOc

You are just a wealth of info today;) I have been to Italy twice, Paris, and England. My goal is to get back to the British Isles to see Scotland and Ireland in a trip. Then Israel and hopefully Turkey and Portugal. That would be more than enough for me.

ellen_
07-06-2009, 02:38 PM
True - guess it may be because you're a small, (fairly) new nation who has not upset too many people over the years. :shrug:

But these guys think someone's had a try.... no I'm not saying they're right :D Have just sent it to JP too so we'll see.:haha:

:haha: If we have good beer, and are still good at math - who will care about the bad dancing and the short penises?

arm
07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Sue, how about Greece, Austria, Germany, Poland? :inlove: I just love Europe and being European, that's the truth. :D

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Sue, how about Greece, Austria, Germany, Poland? :inlove: I just love Europe and being European, that's the truth. :D

Well since hubby is my traveling companion ( most likely the kids too) he is against Austria,Germany and Poland. He has been to Greece btw and although I would not mind seeing the Greek Isles I think the other places are higher on my list. My ancestors are Polish and hubs has this thing still about WW II. Long story which I won't go into here. Some folks memories are longer than the normal;)

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 02:49 PM
You are just a wealth of info today;) I have been to Italy twice, Paris, and England. My goal is to get back to the British Isles to see Scotland and Ireland in a trip. Then Israel and hopefully Turkey and Portugal. That would be more than enough for me.

*Waves the Saltire* Wel I am no raving patriot but have to commend Scotland, having just spent my summer holiday in Wester Ross and the Hebrides, there is nowhere more stunning in Western Europe IMO - certainly nothing to compare in England.:secret:

And Edinburgh is quite simply the most beautiful UK city bar none - totally incomparable.:inlove:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 02:52 PM
*Waves the Saltire* Wel I am no raving patriot but have to commend Scotland, having just spent my summer holiday in Wester Ross and the Hebrides, there is nowhere more stunning in Western Europe IMO - certainly nothing to compare in England.:secret:

And Edinburgh is quite simply the most beautiful UK city bar none - totally incomparable.:inlove:

Almost made it there in '99 when we went to England for a conference and holiday. Just was not there long enough to get a train and head North. But next time we will definitely take the kids who are now old enough to enjoy the traveling.

arm
07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Well since hubby is my traveling companion ( most likely the kids too) he is against Austria,Germany and Poland. He has been to Greece btw and although I would not mind seeing the Greek Isles I think the other places are higher on my list. My ancestors are Polish and hubs has this thing still about WW II. Long story which I won't go into here. Some folks memories are longer than the normal;)

:scartch: I see. I was in Poland in 2005 with school. 2 weeks. you know, we had a project with a school from Poland, they came and stayed at our homes and we went there and stayed at their's. It was just great. They took us to pretty much everywhere with interest in Southern Poland. :inlove: I just loved it. And it's such a cheap place. But I know what you mean. :)

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 02:56 PM
:haha: If we have good beer, and are still good at math - who will care about the bad dancing and the short penises?

JP is cross that they haven't differentiated between Walloons and Flemings.:rolls:

He says his mother told him it's the French who don't wash.

He agrees about the maths and the beer and he used to wear thick glasses :awww: but didn't comment on the penises. :haha:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 02:58 PM
:scartch: I see. I was in Poland in 2005 with school. 2 weeks. you know, we had a project with a school from Poland, they came and stayed at our homes and we went there and stayed at their's. It was just great. They took us to pretty much everywhere with interest in Southern Poland. :inlove: I just loved it. And it's such a cheap place. But I know what you mean. :)

Nothing is really cheap when you have to fly from here to there :lol: And I still have 2 kids to send to college;) Plus since hubby's family are way across country ( I am in Maine; they are in and around Seattle Washington) we have to get there once a year as well. This year twice so that's my vacation;)
I need to go work out and get some good exercise. Sigh. Some days off I feel so lazy and have no get up and go.

arm
07-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Nothing is really cheap when you have to fly from here to there :lol: And I still have 2 kids to send to college;) Plus since hubby's family are way across country ( I am in Maine; they are in and around Seattle Washington) we have to get there once a year as well. This year twice so that's my vacation;)
I need to go work out and get some good exercise. Sigh. Some days off I feel so lazy and have no get up and go.

I understand what you mean. But just like Lee says, wait to send your kids to college and then long trip to Europe. ;)

How old are your kids?

arm
07-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Herdwick, Sue and Ellen :wavey:

Nice catching up but I have to go take a shower and get dressed. :rolls: It's 4pm here and I am still wearing my pijamas. :o :rolls:

Be back later today :wavey::hug:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Wow - Maine to Seattle must be getting on for the same distance as crossing the Atlantic - don't wonder you balk at Europe too.

BTW are internal US air fares still cheap?

Edit - :wavey: Raquel

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 03:06 PM
I understand what you mean. But just like Lee says, wait to send your kids to college and then long trip to Europe. ;)

How old are your kids?

Nate is 16- 2 more years of high school then college; Sam is 12 so 6 years. I planned this well; 4 years between them so I don't have to pay 2 college tuitions at the same time :lol:

Have a good rest of your day Raquel! It is only 11 am here. I actually slept in to 8:30am. So unlike me;)

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Wow - Maine to Seattle must be getting on for the same distance as crossing the Atlantic - don't wonder you balk at Europe too.

BTW are internal US air fares still cheap?

Edit - :wavey: Raquel

Unfortunately they are not cheap at all. About 450-500 dollars per seat. So a family of four is expensive :o The good news is that we now own a retirement place for us ( just bought it this year since it is a buyer's market) so they stay there for the whole summer. My youngest is in a few weeks of camp and the oldest was suppose to look for a job but it is tough for a teenager in this economy. So not sure when we will get to Europe but a girl can dream you know? :p

arm
07-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Nate is 16- 2 more years of high school then college; Sam is 12 so 6 years. I planned this well; 4 years between them so I don't have to pay 2 college tuitions at the same time :lol:

Have a good rest of your day Raquel! It is only 11 am here. I actually slept in to 8:30am. So unlike me;)

:tape: You still have a bit to wait before having your kids earning their own money. But then again, you're young so you have time. ;)

My mom planned it even better, y sister and I are 6 years apart and she starts college the year after I finish it. :rolls:

I don't get it why college is so expensive in the US. :scratch: College is really cheap eher in portugal from what I can see and compare with the US or even the UK.

(Yes, I am still here :rolls:, suddenly I feel so lazy to get up and take a shower. :o)

arm
07-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Herdwick, at these times you should be thinking abot the advantages of not having kids and being able to take a vaccation every month. :nerner:

You really do make us jealous, you know? :nerner: :rolls:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 03:14 PM
:tape: You still have a bit to wait before having your kids earning their own money. But then again, you're young so you have time. ;)

My mom planned it even better, y sister and I are 6 years apart and she starts college the year after I finish it. :rolls:

I don't get it why college is so expensive in the US. :scratch: College is really cheap eher in portugal from what I can see and compare with the US or even the UK.

(Yes, I am still here :rolls:, suddenly I feel so lazy to get up and take a shower. :o)

Ha; I am not that young;) 52 this year :o I waited too long to have kids but there was so much other stuff going on in my life at the time. Nate wants to go to the Univ of Wash in Seattle which is a state school. Now that we have a Wash address I hope he can get in. He wants to be an engineer and the school is top notch but extremely hard to get into. Sam is still too young to know what he wants of course.

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Yep - that's pricey. And college too.

Still - at least you get some nice summer company in Maine - the Bushes still vacation in Kennebunkport don't they? :haha:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Yep - that's pricey. And college too.

Still - at least you get some nice summer company in Maine - the Bushes still vacation in Kennebunkport don't they? :haha:

:rolls: Most likely but I never get to Keenebunkport at all;) Besides the only time I went there for fun you can't get near the compound. Same with Hyannis at the Kennedy Compound. I grew up in Massachusetts and Cape Cod was the summer haunting ground when I was young. I prefer Maine though- quiet, quaint and as of yesterday finally some nice weather. You think Seattle as being rainy but they are in the middle of a drought and the family have had gorgeous weather. Here it has been raining straight for about 2 weeks. And I mean thunderstorms with torrential downpours. I could not get home easily a week ago cuz the road I take was washed out :eek:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Herdwick, at these times you should be thinking about the advantages of not having kids and being able to take a vaccation every month. :nerner:

You really do make us jealous, you know? :nerner: :rolls:

Oh Herdwick is and does - believe you me :nerner:

Happy selfish Herdwick :dance: :adrink:

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Ok, let me sum up my life for the last 2 weeks. :rolls:

Basically I stayed at my grandpas place studying and only left home to write the damn exams. :rolls: But most important is that I managed to get through this season alive! :bounce: :rolls:

Now that I pratically have nothing at all to study I feel bored as hell. :awww: :mad: I am in Chaves now and I have absolutely nothing to do. :rolleyes: Even worse, I don't have any plans for summer as pretty much all my friends decided they can't go on hollidays or don't want to. :awww:

So, instead of feeling happy for being on hollidays, I feel bored. :spit: I need to make some plans as soon as possible, but I just can't figure out what plans! :(

As for Nole, well, I only managed to see a couple of his matches :awww::shrug: and I was very disappointed when I saw the result for his QF match. :shrug: I know that sooner or later, his time will come, like rafa's did or Roger. It's just the having to wait thing that amkes me :sad: and :mad: at the same time. :rolls:

How is everyone here? :bounce: Hope all is fine. :hug:

Welcome back Raquel :hug:

arm
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Ha; I am not that young;) 52 this year :o I waited too long to have kids but there was so much other stuff going on in my life at the time. Nate wants to go to the Univ of Wash in Seattle which is a state school. Now that we have a Wash address I hope he can get in. He wants to be an engineer and the school is top notch but extremely hard to get into. Sam is still too young to know what he wants of course.

Still have a alot of time to do a alot of stuff, Dr Sue. :p :shrug:

And I do understand your choice of having kids later. If I ever have one, it won't be before I hit 35. :shrug: I won't have finish my studies before I hit 30... I need time for me before I have someone who totally depends on me. :)

Herdwick, home yet? Or still at work?

arm
07-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh Herdwick is and does - believe you me :nerner:

Happy selfish Herdwick :dance: :adrink:

The Obamas are heading for Martha's Vineyard I hear...

I know you are and do. :nerner:

And as for the "selfish" thing, :rolls: you very well know that I quite need that selfishness for me as well. :rolls:

arm
07-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Welcome back Raquel :hug:

Rosie!!!!! :bounce: :D :hug:

How is life? And the cats? Hope all if fine. Missed you :hug:

ellen_
07-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Speaking about kids, I love this commercial :lol: Live young :yeah:

XQcVllWpwGs

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 03:26 PM

XQcVllWpwGs

:lol: Nice one Ellen :D

Rosie!!!!! :bounce: :D :hug:

How is life? And the cats? Hope all if fine. Missed you :hug:

Missed you too :hug:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 03:28 PM
:rolls: although I don't think it is possible to have that many happy babies around each other at once :p Aren't computers a wonderful thing btw :lol:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 03:30 PM

Herdwick departing for home after an arduous afternoon. :angel:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
:wavey: H
Hi Rose!

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 03:36 PM
:wavey: H
Hi Rose!

Dr. Sue :kiss: How are things?

arm
07-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Really ahve to go now. But be back soon :kiss:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Dr. Sue :kiss: How are things?

I am ok; last day off of a 4 day weekend. Family are gone for the summer so I have been house cleaning;) and seeing friends. Tonight I am heading to a movie Cherie with Michelle Phiefer and dinner. Work sucks at the moment but that shall pass at some point. How's about you?

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
I am ok; last day off of a 4 day weekend. Family are gone for the summer so I have been house cleaning;) and seeing friends. Tonight I am heading to a movie Cherie with Michelle Phiefer and dinner. Work sucks at the moment but that shall pass at some point. How's about you?

Yes I read about some of your work issues - I think on 30-Love thread. Sounds bad - hope it can be all sorted out soon. I'm OK I guess - very tired all the time, and have some health issues that need dealing with - have surgery later this month - but really don't want to go into details here - trying to forget it :D

I like Michelle Pfeiffer - think she is still an amazingly beautiful woman - hope you enjoy the movie.

Really ahve to go now. But be back soon :kiss:

See you later :kiss:

cobalt60
07-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Good health and healing then Rose :hug: I am off too :wavey:

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Good health and healing then Rose :hug: I am off too :wavey:

Thank you dear Doctor :hug: I should think about starting dinner anyway. A woman's work is never done :rolleyes: Catch you here again soon I hope.

*Raine
07-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY (July 7) to Steph aka Stephie Cesc!!!

We love you. :clap2::aparty::aparty::aparty:

Sue: :wavey: I am so bummed for Andy last night, I haven't been so nervous for a player before until last night. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. He just rose to being my 6th favorite again, and he might reach no. 4 on my list today. I badly want either him or Novak to win the US Open. :awww:

Noleta
07-06-2009, 04:59 PM

And you should check this out. There are some serious looney people in the world

4OSrXBSCqCc

WTF is that WakoJako's shadow:bolt::lol:

And absolutely bled for Andy yesterday This must be the cruellest sport in the world - no team mates to share the sorrow and only your own thoughts when the lights go out..:sad:

Summed up really well:sad:

Actually I think it's quite hard to stereotype us - Belgians, as we are NO nation at all :lol: Besides indeed not knowing who or what we are, which is also caused by that. I'm born here, but that's it. The only thing that makes me feel Belgian is when atletes do good:

Lol or when i'm eating fries or Belgian chocolate:tape::p

True - guess it may be because you're a small, (fairly) new nation who has not upset too many people over the years.

But these guys think someone's had a try.... no I'm not saying they're right :D Have just sent it to JP too so we'll see.

Not sure about that survey:haha:i'll check with my male friends about the size:lol:

XQcVllWpwGs

Having a bottle of Evian right beside me:rolls:great commercial:yeah:

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 05:19 PM

And you should check this out. There are some serious looney people in the world :cuckoo:

4OSrXBSCqCc

:eek: That's scary :bolt:

Not sure about that survey:haha:i'll check with my male friends about the size:lol:

Not many men would own up to that - even if it was true :tape:

Noleta
07-06-2009, 05:34 PM
:eek: That's scary :bolt:

Not many men would own up to that - even if it was true :tape:

True:rolls:i'll see how they react:p

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 05:51 PM
True:rolls:i'll see how they react:p

Be careful :unsure: They may wish to show you proof :tape: :o

Noleta
07-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Be careful :unsure: They may wish to show you proof :tape: :o

Now that you've mentioned this i shall think of other tactics:lol:

Mtf:smash:

ellen_
07-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Someone needs a laugh? :haha:

Love poem by Serena Williams:

Have u been in love before
So much you want to cry
So much u never wanna die
Because if you do
U won't be with him

Have u felt love before
Love that is pure
Have u felt love before
Love that makes u so sure
Of yourself
Of your body
Of your mind

Have u loved someone so
That u could trust them
Have u loved someone so
That u don't just lust for them
But instead u gush for them
U are open for them
You are free with them

Have you ever loved someone
So much that you want to spend every second with them
So much that you would do anything for them
U would beg, borrow, and steal
You would cook clean wheel and deal

Have you ever loved so much
You wanted to stand outside and shout it to the world?
Have u ever loved so much
You forgot everything any other man had told you
All you want is for your love to hold you
And when you are wrong he's man enough to scold you
But with dignity and respect
He keeps u
With love and graciousness he's deep to you.

Love is powerful.
Love is strong
If you have a love like this
You can never go wrong.
Love with an open heart
Like a brand-new start
And love will keep you

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 06:16 PM
^^ We were just laughing about that over on The Castle thread. We decided Alex's daughter could write better - and she's still only 12 and doesn't know much English :tape:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 06:16 PM

:haha:Where on earth did you find that?

And to think Orwell said that lyrical and rhetorical poetry have almost ceased to be written.....

ellen_
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Source: http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2008/04/20/serena-williams-wrote-a-love-poem-should-stick-to-playing-tennis/

Herdwick, what did JP say about the Belgian stereotype? :p

Noleta
07-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Someone needs a laugh? :haha:

Love poem by Serena Williams:

So much you want to cry
So much u never wanna die
Because if you do
U won't be with him

Have u felt love before
Love that is pure
Have u felt love before
Love that makes u so sure
Of yourself
Of your body
Of your mind

Have u loved someone so
That u could trust them
Have u loved someone so
That u don't just lust for them
U are open for them
You are free with them

So much that you want to spend every second with them
So much that you would do anything for them
U would beg, borrow, and steal
You would cook clean wheel and deal

Have you ever loved so much
You wanted to stand outside and shout it to the world?
Have u ever loved so much
You forgot everything any other man had told you
All you want is for your love to hold you
And when you are wrong he's man enough to scold you
But with dignity and respect
He keeps u
With love and graciousness he's deep to you.

Love is powerful.
Love is strong
If you have a love like this
You can never go wrong.
Love with an open heart
Like a brand-new start
And love will keep you

What's this:lol:

Okay a stupid question again but where is that Castle thread:o

ellen check Ned3 now

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Source: http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2008/04/20/serena-williams-wrote-a-love-poem-should-stick-to-playing-tennis/

Hell - you mean there's more than one :lol:

'...That u don't just lust for them
U are open for them...'

That is peculiarly disturbing imagery :bolt: particularly when mentioned in conjunction with SW...

See post 4113 ;)

Noleta
07-06-2009, 06:23 PM

She really should stick to grunting on court:rolls:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
You're making it worse....:eek: :haha:

Stop it!

ellen_
07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
JP is cross that they haven't differentiated between Walloons and Flemings.:rolls:

He says his mother told him it's the French who don't wash.

He agrees about the maths and the beer and he used to wear thick glasses :awww: but didn't comment on the penises. :haha:

Thanks for the tip, Noleta!

Noleta
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the tip, Noleta!

Is he weaing a mono bikini or what:scratch:

Noleta
07-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Have you seen this:bolt:

http://i40.tinypic.com/241789h.jpg

ellen_
07-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Is he weaing a mono bikini or what:scratch:

I was thinking about that thing they wear in ballet. But I'm only listening :lol: TV is behind me.

:haha: That picture of Nole is freaky. But the trophy suits him :shrug:

*Raine
07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
:haha: At that pic

:wavey: Steph, I hope you're having a good time on your bday so far. :D :hug:I know Federer's victory is a great bday gift for you.

Noleta
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
I was thinking about that thing they wear in ballet. But I'm only listening :lol: TV is behind me.

:haha: That picture of Nole is freaky. But the trophy suits him :shrug:

It's a weird outfit either way:lol:

It is. Novak doesn't have hairy hands like that:p

Do you follow Le Tour De France?or you just like Cancellara:p

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Have you seen this:bolt:

http://i40.tinypic.com/241789h.jpg

Okay a stupid question again but where is that Castle thread:o

In Non-Tennis/Chat Threads http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8797081&postcount=1 I
It's a pretty amazing place actually. I normally don't venture out of here, but the people are so nice - a good mix of people - male and female - aged 14 to 50, and supporters of all players. The only Rule of The Castle is "respect" - no trolls allowed and everyone leaves their "hate" outisde :D The really nice Fed and Nadal fans hangout there - people like Nadine and Karin, and some cool Murray, Gasquet and Roddick fans too. Feel free to stop by :D Some of the boys picspam half-naked women sometimes, but the girls retaliate :devil: They do PYW competitons for vCash, and some of them are serious sports people and talk about tennis in a serious way - but mostly it's just a cool place to hang out :D

ellen_
07-06-2009, 07:28 PM
It's a weird outfit either way:lol:

It is. Novak doesn't have hairy hands like that:p

Do you follow Le Tour De France?or you just like Cancellara:p

Yes, I follow TdF. It makes me so excited everytime, and I'm still crazy about the sport - whatsoever. I'm a Team Saxo fan, but particularly Cancellara and the Schlecks :)

I should visit the Castle thread once too then. Always thought there weren't too many youngsters there :o Sorry :p

Noleta
07-06-2009, 07:37 PM

In Non-Tennis/Chat Threads http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8797081&postcount=1 I
It's a pretty amazing place actually. I normally don't venture out of here, but the people are so nice - a good mix of people - male and female - aged 14 to 50, and supporters of all players. The only Rule of The Castle is "respect" - no trolls allowed and everyone leaves their "hate" outisde :D The really nice Fed and Nadal fans hangout there - people like Nadine and Karin, and some cool Murray, Gasquet and Roddick fans too. Feel free to stop by :D Some of the boys picspam half-naked women sometimes, but the girls retaliate :devil: They do PYW competitons for vCash, and some of them are serious sports people and talk about tennis in a serious way - but mostly it's just a cool place to hang out :D

Thanks i'll stop by sometime:D

Yes, I follow TdF. It makes me so excited everytime, and I'm still crazy about the sport - whatsoever. I'm a Team Saxo fan, but particularly Cancellara and the Schlecks :)

I should visit the Castle thread once too then. Always thought there weren't too many youngsters there :o Sorry :p

I'm for Lance:pi like the colour of his eyes:o

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks i'll stop by sometime:D

I'm for Lance:pi like the colour of his eyes:o

You're more than welcome :D Main problem is, the thread is REALLY fast moving - I think it's the biggest growing Thread on MTF - so if you're away for a day there are so many posts to catch up on it's almost impossible :o A lot of posters from The States and South America too - so lots happen whilst I'm asleep :sad: Several Brits though, a Norwegian, and lots of Spanish people, so we do have our European section. No Belgians yet though I don't think. :awww:

Ellen - feel free to drop by. Not sure what the average age is,- but Nadine's 17 I think, Usha about 19 or 20, and Daniel only just 14 :D So you wouldn't be the youngest. It's a great mix, because you've got the older guys like Glen who's almost 50 I think and knows so much about the "good old days" of McEnroe and Connors etc, and then the younger ones - and we all get on really well.

Noleta
07-06-2009, 07:48 PM
You're more than welcome :D Main problem is, the thread is REALLY fast moving - I think it's the biggest growing Thread on MTF - so if you're away for a day there are so many posts to catch up on it's almost impossible :o A lot of posters from The States and South America too - so lots happen whilst I'm asleep :sad: Several Brits though, a Norwegian, and lots of Spanish people, so we do have our European section. No Belgians yet though I don't think. :awww:

It is hard to know what's going on i only had a look at 2 pages and couldn't get my head around it:lol:

I'm getting shivers from watching MJ performing:awww:though i never was a big fan as i was young when he was at the high of his career:shrug:

Noleta
07-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Rumour has it that Roger already wihdrawn from Montreal and Cinci,his wife is expected to give bearth in that period:shrug:

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 08:00 PM
It is hard to know what's going on i only had a look at 2 pages and couldn't get my head around it:lol:

I'm getting shivers from watching MJ performing:awww:though i never was a big fan as i was young when he was at the high of his career:shrug:

Yes - I suppose it can be a bit confusing and overwhealking sometimes, because there are so many people there and about 4 different conversations going on at once :lol: I "joined" when it used to be much quieter, so I know everyone now. Best way to join if/when you want to, is just take the plunge one day and wade in with a :wavey: and introduce yourself. You'll soon find the people you naturally gravitate towards and start to chat with :shrug:

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Rumour has it that Roger already wihdrawn from Montreal and Cinci,his wife is expected to give bearth in that period:shrug:

Where did you hear that? Doesn't surprise me though - BBC said she was due first week of August, and he doesn't want to be on the other side of the world when it happens.

ellen_
07-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Multiquotes don't work again :mad:

Noleta: I've always liked Lance. And he changed so much! I like him even more now. He's so approachable, lovely.

Rose: I'll definitely drop in once :hug:

Noleta
07-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes - I suppose it can be a bit confusing and overwhealking sometimes, because there are so many people there and about 4 different conversations going on at once :lol: I "joined" when it used to be much quieter, so I know everyone now. Best way to join if/when you want to, is just take the plunge one day and wade in with a :wavey: and introduce yourself. You'll soon find the people you naturally gravitate towards and start to chat with :shrug:

I'll try:D

Where did you hear that? Doesn't surprise me though - BBC said she was due first week of August, and he doesn't want to be on the other side of the world when it happens.

On the net really:shrug:

A French tennis news website says in a very affirmative way that Federer has already withdrewn from Montreal

Noleta
07-06-2009, 08:14 PM

Noleta: I've always liked Lance. And he changed so much! I like him even more now. He's so approachable, lovely.

I agree he's now so easy going,more relaxed when he's talking to the press and i really hope he will wear the yellow jersey just for one day:)

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 08:17 PM

Multiquotes never work for me :sad:

Must admit I think half of the Castle are drunk right now :tape: The boys are fun though - always lusting after unobtainable girls - but they're a lovely bunch :inlove: When you-know-who started causing trouble the other day they were great looking after me :inlove:

Noleta
07-06-2009, 08:31 PM
I'll get an early night for a change:p

Night night:wavey::kiss:

*Ljubica*
07-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Anyway lovely Belgian girlies - and anyone else around - I have to say goodnight now. I need to have a bath and sleep - I have a meeting with some of my delightful Afghani boys early tomorrow :unsure: I must be rested and prepared :D

Goodnight :kiss:

Edit: Goodnight Noleta - sweet dreams - speak tomorrow I'm sure :hug:

ellen_
07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Goodnight both :hug:

arm
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
I have yet taken that shower I mentioned. :rolls: :o Pijamas still on. :o

arm
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
:haha: On that poem! :rolls:

What the hell was in her mind? :rolleyes: :rolls:

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 09:08 PM
It's the great unwashed Portuguese :rolls:

Have just been watching this -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lnfkp

Hilarious.

ellen_
07-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I honestly hope you can see this movie :haha: Herdwick, you should definitely show it to JP too. It's our Prince Laurent at the Rock Werchter festival, pushing a police car :worship:

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/mediatheek/redactietips/redactietips_2eNiveau/1.558561

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I can see it :lol: - should mind his back - he's quite old now isn't he?

Remind me - are you one of our resident republicans?

ellen_
07-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I can see it :lol: - should mind his back - he's quite old now isn't he?

Remind me - are you one of our resident republicans?

He's 46.

I'm Belgian, I don't know what I am :p But yes, I'm not very keen on our Royal family.

Herdwick
07-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Excuse me those were not my words :nerner: And Prince William/Seb sends his regards - he's got a new motorbike btw :zzz:

Ok - bathtime beckons at Herdwick towers - night all :wavey:

ellen_
07-06-2009, 09:40 PM
When I saw Prince William at Madame Tussauds, I was like 'holy shit, Herdwick was right' :rolls:. But now he also wants to imitate Seba by putting his ass on something quick? Blah blah...

Goodnight :wavey:

arm
07-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Herdwick :wavey: :kiss:

arm
07-06-2009, 09:41 PM
It's the great unwashed Portuguese :rolls:

Have just been watching this -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lnfkp

Hilarious.

:o

arm
07-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Off to watch a film. :wavey:

Sorry for leaving you ellen. :hug: :kiss:

ellen_
07-06-2009, 09:51 PM
It's okay :wavey: Enjoy your movie :hug:

ellewoods
07-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Great to see this thread alive and kicking again :)

I'm flying to HK and China tomorrow morning and I am sooooo excited :) You all behave yourself while I'm away :nerner:

PS. pica - I will be going to Ocean Park, Lantau Island, Ladies Market, Times Square etc when I'm there. I'm going to shop up a storm!! :bounce:

kalisita
07-07-2009, 05:00 AM

I'm flying to HK and China tomorrow morning and I am sooooo excited :) You all behave yourself while I'm away :nerner:

PS. pica - I will be going to Ocean Park, Lantau Island, Ladies Market, Times Square etc when I'm there. I'm going to shop up a storm!! :bounce:

Have a nice trip Elle! :)

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Elle :hug: Have a safe journey and a wonderful holiday. Catch up when you get back :D

Btw - this thread seems to have got very anti-English lately :rolleyes: Good job I have broad shoulders. And for the record I'm English and rather proud of it :angel:

See you all when I get home from work :wavey:

ellen_
07-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Have a nice trip, Elle! :hug: And you know us, we always behave - it's only the question if you will :p

ellen_
07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
:bigcry: http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090707_110452_mathieu-montcourt-est-decede.html

arm
07-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Good morning sunshines! :bounce:

Today I am feeling a bit more useful. :D Got up at 11pm wich is quite early for me :rolls:, finally took that shower and I am going out to get my hair cut and buy my dad's bday present. :bounce:

Elle, have a nice trip! :kiss:

Rosie, :rolls: I still love you eventhough your english. :nerner: :rolls: You know were all kidding. :p

Ellen :awww: sad news. :hug:

Herdwick
07-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Good to hear you've had that shower - don't want any nasty national stereotypes do we? :devil:

So the entertainment for the day is what?

arm
07-07-2009, 01:12 PM
No entertainement. Just keep myself busy. :rolls:

Have my hair cut, then buy dad's present. :p Then maybe swimming pool, not sure. But I am not very tempeted about that considering my current female situation. :rolls:

I am just busy! :D And that is great! :bounce:

As for the shower, well it had to come sooner or later, as soon as I intended to leave home. :o :rolls:

EDIT: I might go shoe shopping as well. :rolls: You know, it's very difficult for one to keep busy/entertained here in Chaves. :awww: Specially when all your friends still have exams to write and dozens of books to study and you are pretty much the only one on hollidays. :rolls: :nerner:

arm
07-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Leaving home, girls. :wavey: See you all later :kiss:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
:bigcry: http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2009/20090707_110452_mathieu-montcourt-est-decede.html

Just got home and read the thread about this :sad: I am in shock - poor guy was just 24 - what a tragic waste. My heart goes out to his family - to bury your child must be such unbelievable pain. Why does this kind of sh*t have to happen? RIP Mathieu :tears:

Noleta
07-07-2009, 04:34 PM

:sad:so young hope there were no midication involved in his death:sad:

*Raine
07-07-2009, 04:38 PM
I guess it's true what they say that I scare people away. When I post here, this thread turns into a ghost town, when I don't this thread is busy. :o :o :haha:

:wavey: off to watch Michael Jackson's memorial

I still can't believe Montcourt is dead. :sad:

Noleta
07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
I guess it's true what they say that I scare people away. When I post here, this thread turns into a ghost town, when I don't this thread is busy. :o :o :haha:

:awww: you intimidate us:p

Yeah same as i still can't believ MJ is actually dead:sad:life can end in seconds:eek:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 04:45 PM
:sad:so young hope there were no midication involved in his death:sad:

Hi Noleta :wavey: As far as I have read on the GM Thread, they still say they think it was natural causes - a heart attack or embolism(blood clot) of some kind :sad: Seems so unbelievable though - that a young, fit guy who must have had regular cardio-vascular checks etc through the ATP and training etc, could have some problem that remained unnoticed until now.

Raine :hug: You should move to a more sensible time zone :nerner:

Noleta
07-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi Noleta :wavey: As far as I have read on the GM Thread, they still say they think it was natural causes - a heart attack or embolism(blood clot) of some kind :sad: Seems so unbelievable though - that a young, fit guy who must have had regular cardio-vascular checks etc through the ATP and training etc, could have some problem that remained unnoticed until now.

:wavey::Dit is:sad: death really scares me off:hysteric::sad:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 04:53 PM

:awww: It certainly scares me when they're so young - as in younger than me - I have to admit. When people are older you kind of accept they have lived their lives, but when they're so young it reminds us all of our own mortality I think, and that's scary in my opinion. All we can do is live each day to the fullest and hope when our time comes, we will have no regrets.

Noleta
07-07-2009, 05:01 PM
:awww: It certainly scares me when they're so young - as in younger than me - I have to admit. When people are older you kind of accept they have lived their lives, but when they're so young it reminds us all of our own mortality I think, and that's scary in my opinion. All we can do is live each day to the fullest and hope when our time comes, we will have no regrets.

:scared:i share the same views.

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 05:04 PM
:scared:i share the same views.

We shouldn't be scared though - just have to go out and enjoy every moment :D Life's way too short to waste it on fighting and bitterness -just try to be happy :D

Noleta
07-07-2009, 05:12 PM
We shouldn't be scared though - just have to go out and enjoy every moment :D Life's way too short to waste it on fighting and bitterness -just try to be happy :D

Yes indeed but it's not easy when you're surrounded by so many depressing news.

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Yes indeed but it's not easy when you're surrounded by so many depressing news.

No - you're right :hug: But the sun will still stll rise tomorrow as my Mother used to say - so guess we have to try and look at the positives.

Noleta
07-07-2009, 05:23 PM
No - you're right :hug: But the sun will still stll rise tomorrow as my Mother used to say - so guess we have to try and look at the positives.

:rocker2:how's the weahther in the Uk is it as bad as here:rolleyes:

Btw:hug:

http://news.uk.msn.com/in-pictures/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=148412770

pica_pica
07-07-2009, 05:47 PM

:wavey: Hope you enjoy Hong Kong :D

Hmmmm... a lot of death these days....hope they all rest in peace

ellen_
07-07-2009, 06:00 PM
At it makes me happy and Rose loved to see more pictures of my Woppy :)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/SlOJQ1J2PoI/AAAAAAAAEKk/RVoc2qrhUqQ/s720/DSC00015.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/SlOJQvOg3dI/AAAAAAAAEKg/bX1YuDkK1Dw/s720/DSC00014.JPG

A real model, don't you think?

pica_pica
07-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Ellen...that's cute! :kiss:

Noleta
07-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Lovely Woopy nice colour too:Dlooks adorable:D

Anyone watching the MJ Memorial his coffin is there:bolt:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Woppy :inlove: So cute and adorable.

:rocker2:how's the weahther in the Uk is it as bad as here:rolleyes:

Btw:hug:

http://news.uk.msn.com/in-pictures/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=148412770

Weather is vile here :spit: We've just had a big storm :unsure: which is why I suddenly disappeared because I had to turn the power off :unsure: Hopefully passed now.

And - no - I'm not watching the funeral - I'm not in the mood for any more death right now :sad: As you say, today is the anniversay of the London Bombs - I was at my old office at Edgware Road when it happened - if I had been 5 minutes later I would have been caught up in it - some of my old colleagues were on the train - though thankfully not injured - so I try not to think about it.

*Raine
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I really wish I am at the Staples Center right now. RIP Michael Jackson :sobbing:, he was my first ever music idol. :sobbing:

Regarding the issue of dying young, I'm always particularly sad when someone younger than me or someone my age dies. :sobbing: :sad:

Noleta
07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Woppy :inlove: So cute and adorable.

Weather is vile here :spit: We've just had a big storm :unsure: which is why I suddenly disappeared because I had to turn the power off :unsure: Hopefully passed now.

And - no - I'm not watching the funeral - I'm not in the mood for any more death right now :sad: As you say, today is the anniversay of the London Bombs - I was at my old office at Edgware Road when it happened - if I had been 5 minutes later I would have been caught up in it - some of my old colleagues were on the train - though thankfully not injured - so I try not to think about it.

Same here wind,rains:spit:summer is over:rolleyes:

:awww:didn't know that:hug:

Raine:hug:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Same here wind,rains:spit:summer is over:rolleyes:

:awww:didn't know that:hug:

Raine:hug:

Thanks - it's not the kind of thing I talk about much I guess - sh*t happens - you just have to deal with it - but I was pretty shaky for a whie - especially the first time I got back on the Tube afterwards. Can't let them beat you though can you? Life goes on.

I really wish I am at the Staples Center right now. RIP Michael Jackson :sobbing:, he was my first ever music idol. :sobbing:

Regarding the issue of dying young, I'm always particularly sad when someone younger than me or someone my age dies. :sobbing: :sad:

Raine :hug: Me too - life can be so damned unfair sometimes.

Noleta
07-07-2009, 07:11 PM
You're a very strong person Rose:)don't know why i'm watching this Memorial concert:tears:luckily Ugly Betty is due to start:)

Novak's voice:inlove:

jwEZyTx6ySg&feature

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 07:18 PM
You're a very strong person Rose:)don't know why i'm watching this Memorial concert:tears:luckily Ugly Betty is due to start:)

No I'm not - not really :shrug: I'm just the same as everyone else - trying to get through this life as well as I can, and hoping not to hurt anyone on the way :shrug: Thanks for your words though :hug:

"Ugly Betty" :) That will cheer you up.

And Novak :inlove: I just adore his accent :D

ellen_
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
It's so cold here that I've been thinking about turning on the heating or booking a last minute to Turkey - where my family is at the moment. Man, I'm freezing.

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 07:24 PM
It's so cold here that I've been thinking about turning on the heating or booking a last minute to Turkey - where my family is at the moment. Man, I'm freezing.

:awww: It's not that cold here to be honest :shrug: Wet and windy and loads of storms :unsure: but not necessarily cold. Very unpleasant though - Wimby was so lucky with their weather this year!

Noleta
07-07-2009, 07:31 PM

I thought i was the only one:p

Noleta
07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
No I'm not - not really :shrug: I'm just the same as everyone else - trying to get through this life as well as I can, and hoping not to hurt anyone on the way :shrug: Thanks for your words though :hug:

"Ugly Betty" :) That will cheer you up.

And Novak :inlove: I just adore his accent :D

You don't give enough credit to yourself:hug:

It will it's funny:D

Me too and hope he'll let his hair grow back like in the video:drool:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
You don't give enough credit to yourself:hug:

It will it's funny:D

Me too and hope he'll let his hair grow back like in the video:drool:

The trolls on MTF give me enough credit - I don't need to give myelf anymore :D

Yes - agree about the hair - far better longer!

arm
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Good evening, my friends. :bounce:

It's a holliday tomorrow here in Chaves. :rolls: But just here in Chaves. :p

As for the poor French guy, it's really hard to acept someone dying so young. Always such a waste. :awww:

*Raine
07-07-2009, 07:58 PM
:wavey: Good night

I had goosebumps when they sang We Are The World and Heal The World. I shall miss you MJ. :sobbing: :sobbing:

Noleta
07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Raine:hug::kiss:

:wavey: to Rose,Raquel and ellen:kiss:

Sweet dreams!!

arm
07-07-2009, 08:02 PM

I had goosebumps when they sang We Are The World and Heal The World. I shall miss you MJ. :sobbing: :sobbing:

I wasn't a fan at all, but I certainly will miss him. That being said, I really dislike all the hype around this. :shrug:

Noleta :kiss:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Good evening, my friends. :bounce:

It's a holliday tomorrow here in Chaves. :rolls: But just here in Chaves. :p

As for the poor French guy, it's really hard to acept someone dying so young. Always such a waste. :awww:

Evening Raquel :wavey: And isn't it always holiday in Chaves :nerner:

Good night Raine - sleep well and sweet dreams :kiss:

arm
07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Evening Raquel :wavey: And isn't it always holiday in Chaves :nerner:

Not always! Just every once in a while. :rolls: In Portugal, every town has its own holliday. Chaves' and Coimbra's are both on July, which sucks, because when I was still at school, I was always already on hollidays during this holliday. :mad: So it didn't make a difference to me and it wa sjust like any other summer hollyday day :shrug:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Not always! Just every once in a while. :rolls: In Portugal, every town has its own holliday. Chaves' and Coimbra's are both on July, which sucks, because when I was still at school, I was always already on hollidays during this holliday. :mad: So it didn't make a difference to me and it wa sjust like any other summer hollyday day :shrug:

If you don't want the extra holidays, please send them over to me - I can always find some use for them :D

arm
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I have told you before to come and live here. :shrug::nerner:

BTW, have I mentioned here that I am on a very SERIOUS diet from today on? :rolls:

I ate way too many chocolate, ice creams and cookies during the exam season... and that reflects on the way I fit in my trouseres unfortunately. :o :rolls:

So, from today on, only sallad, grilled fish, tomato, fruit and yogurts. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 08:17 PM
BTW, have I mentioned here that I am on a very SERIOUS diet from today on? :rolls:

I ate way too many chocolate, ice creams and cookies during the exam season... and that reflects on the way I fit in my trouseres unfortunately. :o :rolls:

No - you didn't mention it -and you are so petite I can't imagine you EVER needing to go on a diet :eek: But good luck with it anyway :yeah:

arm
07-07-2009, 08:21 PM
No - you didn't mention it -and you are so petite I can't imagine you EVER needing to go on a diet :eek: But good luck with it anyway :yeah:

EXACTLY! Because I am so petite, everything I eat gors straight to my hips. :rolls: :shrug:

If I was taller I could eat all the chovolate I wanted to. :bigcry:

Anyway, for me it's very easy both to lose and to gain weight :shrug:, so should be easy. Plus, I need to eat healthy.. I haven't done that in a while. :o You see, with so exams and books to study, I just had to eat. :o :shrug::rolls:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 08:24 PM
EXACTLY! Because I am so petite, everything I eat gors straight to my hips. :rolls: :shrug:

If I was taller I could eat all the chovolate I wanted to. :bigcry:

Anyway, for me it's very easy both to lose and to gain weight :shrug:, so should be easy. Plus, I need to eat healthy.. I haven't done that in a while. :o You see, with so exams and books to study, I just had to eat. :o :shrug::rolls:

Yes I see what you mean. Whenever I put on any weight people say they never notice it because I'm tall so there are more places for the excess fat to hide :o With a shorter peron I guess it is more difficult.

arm
07-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Yes I see what you mean. Whenever I put on any weight people say they never notice it because I'm tall so there are more places for the excess fat to hide :o With a shorter peron I guess it is more difficult.

It really sucks. :awww: :rolls: But you know I am used to being petite and I acept all the consequences that come with it. :D :angel:

*Ljubica*
07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Well I wish you luck with the diet :) Always easier in the Summer I think - fruits and salads are far more attractive when it's hot, than they are in mid-Winter.

Anyway dear - it is time for me to sign off for the night - have a good rest of your night and catch up with you again soon I hope :hug:

:wavey: to Ellen and Noleta too :kiss:

arm
07-07-2009, 08:36 PM
:wavey: and good night everyone :kiss:

ellen_
07-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Time for a rant, I'm sorry.

I'm taking Woppy to the vet. People who I thought they would care - as they are friends - started talking about putting her in the oven with potatoes :shrug: I guess you can figure out how I reacted. It seems they don't understand the word Empathy, or they just don't know when to be fucking serious when it's fucking the right time to. It also rained very hard here last night, which caused floods in our veranda and I've been cleaning since this morning. Friends? Bah.

:explode: /rant

:wavey: Hi all.

Edit: Woppy is okay :aparty:

*Ljubica*
07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Time for a rant, I'm sorry.

I'm taking Woppy to the vet. People who I thought they would care - as they are friends - started talking about putting her in the oven with potatoes :shrug: I guess you can figure out how I reacted. It seems they don't understand the word Empathy, or they just don't know when to be fucking serious when it's fucking the right time to. It also rained very hard here last night, which caused floods in our veranda and I've been cleaning since this morning. Friends? Bah.

:explode: /rant

:wavey: Hi all.

Edit: Woppy is okay :aparty:

Ellen :hug: Feel free to rant away. If there is one thing in the world that really makes me :mad: it's people who are insensitive about animals. My dear Mother (bless her), always said she despised and distrusted people who didn't like animals because if they had no empathy with them, they probably had no empathy wth children or any other living things either. Sounds a bit harsh but I'm like that too :shrug: Call me a crazy, eccentric English woman but I don't find jokes like that at all amusing :sad: That's why I admire the poster Kristen here (also one of my friends on FB) so much - she has very strong views and beliefs on that subject and I respect her for them.

Oh - and sorry I didn't see this post earlier - I had no access to MTF from work today :sad:

Glad Woppy is OK anyway - :hug:

*Raine
07-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I have told you before to come and live here. :shrug::nerner:

So, from today on, only sallad, grilled fish, tomato, fruit and yogurts. :rolls:

I eat a lot of junk food when I am stressed or depressed. :awww: :o

ellen_
07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Ellen :hug: Feel free to rant away. If there is one thing in the world that really makes me :mad: it's people who are insensitive about animals. My dear Mother (bless her), always said she despised and distrusted people who didn't like animals because if they had no empathy with them, they probably had no empathy wth children or any other living things either. Sounds a bit harsh but I'm like that too :shrug: Call me a crazy, eccentric English woman but I don't find jokes like that at all amusing :sad: That's why I admire the poster Kristen here (also one of my friends on FB) so much - she has very strong views and beliefs on that subject and I respect her for them.

Oh - and sorry I didn't see this post earlier - I had no access to MTF from work today :sad:

Glad Woppy is OK anyway - :hug:

I share that view too, and I honestly think it's true aswell :shrug: Besides that, I like some joking and teasing - but people should know when it's too much or not the right moment.

*Ljubica*
07-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Lorraine :D :wavey: I eat a lot of junk food without even an excuse :tape: How are you?

*Raine
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Lorraine :D :wavey: I eat a lot of junk food without even an excuse :tape: How are you?

:wavey: Rose

:o :tape:I had to look twice on who you were referring to as Lorraine. I guess I've become so used to everyone calling me Raine, it's nice for a change to see that someone calls me Lorraine here. :D

I'm good, I just finished yelling at the tv for one and a half hour, cheering for my second favorite local basketball team. :help::haha:Good thing they won.

How are you?

*Ljubica*
07-08-2009, 03:01 PM
:wavey: Rose

:o :tape:I had to look twice on who you were referring to as Lorraine. I guess I've become so used to everyone calling me Raine, it's nice for a change to see that someone calls me Lorraine here. :D

I'm good, I just finished yelling at the tv for one and a half hour, cheering for my second favorite local basketball team. :help::haha:Good thing they won.

How are you?

I just fancied a change :D Call you by your real name for a change! And I'm OK thanks - just home from work - nothing very thrilling :shrug:

*Raine
07-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I just fancied a change :D Call you by your real name for a change! And I'm OK thanks - just home from work - nothing very thrilling :shrug:

It's okay Rose, I love my real name :D. :secret: I'll tell you a secret which is not a secret anymore because others can read it too, this character from Final Fantasy VIII (Raine Loire) inspired me to use "Raine" as a nickname.:cool:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/thumb/6/6f/Raine_1.jpg/155px-Raine_1.jpg

:haha: I'm a gaming nerd, I know. :o :angel:

When is your surgery btw? :awww:

*Ljubica*
07-08-2009, 03:42 PM
It's okay Rose, I love my real name :D. :secret: I'll tell you a secret which is not a secret anymore because others can read it too, this character from Final Fantasy VIII (Raine Loire) inspired me to use "Raine" as a nickname.:cool:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/thumb/6/6f/Raine_1.jpg/155px-Raine_1.jpg

:haha: I'm a gaming nerd, I know. :o :angel:

:lol: I've never heard of it - but it's a pretty User Name anyway. Only other Raine I've ever heard of was Raine Spencer, who was Princess Diana's stepmother :shrug:

When is your surgery btw? :awww:

I go in on 22nd July and surgery on 23rd. Depending on what happens I may need more a few weeks after - depend on what happens in the first operation :unsure:

*Raine
07-08-2009, 04:33 PM
:lol: I've never heard of it - but it's a pretty User Name anyway. Only other Raine I've ever heard of was Raine Spencer, who was Princess Diana's stepmother :shrug:

Thanks. :hug: It has always been "Lj" or just "Lorraine" for my family, relatives and classmates. :D I've heard of Raine Maida from Our Lady Of Peace as well. But there can only be one sweet Raine on MTF. :rocker2: :lol::angel:

I go in on 22nd July and surgery on 23rd. Depending on what happens I may need more a few weeks after - depend on what happens in the first operation :unsure:

:unsure::sad: You'll be in my thoughts and prayers Rose, take care. :awww: :hug:

*Ljubica*
07-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks. :hug: It has always been "Lj" or just "Lorraine" for my family, relatives and classmates. :D I've heard of Raine Maida from Our Lady Of Peace as well. But there can only be one sweet Raine on MTF. :rocker2: :lol::angel:

"Lj" is quite good :D But you'e right - youre the only sweet Raine on MTF :D

:unsure::sad: You'll be in my thoughts and prayers Rose, take care. :awww: :hug:

Thanks - that means a lot :hug: You really are one of the sweetest people you know :kiss:

*Raine
07-08-2009, 05:22 PM
"Lj" is quite good :D But you'e right - youre the only sweet Raine on MTF :D

Thanks - that means a lot :hug: You really are one of the sweetest people you know :kiss:

Thanks Rose, you're one of the sweetest people I know as well. I'm off to bed now, can you believe it? Raine is going to bed early.. it's the end of the world. :eek: :spit: Seriously, I need to change my sleeping pattern or else I'll get sick. Good night. :wavey:

*Ljubica*
07-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks Rose, you're one of the sweetest people I know as well. I'm off to bed now, can you believe it? Raine is going to bed early.. it's the end of the world. :eek: :spit: Seriously, I need to change my sleeping pattern or else I'll get sick. Good night. :wavey:

:awww: Thanks. And try and sleep well and sweet dreams :hug: Talk soon I'm sure.