It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. [Archive] - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20

*Ljubica*
06-18-2009, 08:04 PM
:hug: I am expert on giving blood to various tests myself :tape: When I was a teenager, I donated blood many times and 15 minutes later after they took a big bag, I was back to normal. These days, after a few tubes of blood (the older you get, the more tubes :tape:) it took me a whole day to feel normal again. I am glad that this usually only happened once a year for my regular checkup.

:hug: Age comes to us all and it's true that it definitely takes longer to recover from things now. Guess it's just life and we have to live with it :shrug:

ellen_
06-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry Noleta, I was having a drink after my exams but Rose perfectly replaced me to post the pictures for you I see ;)

*Raine
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I haven't donated blood in my whole life. Last year I was close, short by one lb. The requirement was 110 lbs. :o

I did have a blood transfusion when I had dengue fever though. :sad:

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I haven't donated blood in my whole life. Last year I was close, short by one lb. The requirement was 110 lbs. :o

I did have a blood transfusion when I had dengue fever though. :sad:

Oh don't worry Raine - I've never actually donated it in that way either :o I'm not allowed to because of my immune system problems. When they take mine they are taking it to test it for various stuff. And - yes - I've had transfusions too. But dengue fever :help::bolt:

ellen_
06-19-2009, 11:03 AM
What did I tell you? Possibly Murray in R2 for Ernest :explode:

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 11:05 AM
What did I tell you? Possibly Murray in R2 for Ernest :explode:

:hug:Who does he have in the 1st round?

ellen_
06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Riccardo Ghedin in R1. :sobbing:

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Riccardo Ghedin in R1. :sobbing:

I've never even heard of him:o So looks like a win for Ernie - and then he can go and destroy the Whingeing Scot in Round 2. Believe me I wil be wearihg a Latvian shirt and hat for the occasion. OK - I don't own either, but I can always pretend :D

arm
06-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Exam #2 in 2 hours. :bounce:

:wavey::hug:

ellen_
06-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Problem is that we'll never get on Center Court :bigcry: And I don't wanna sit on Murray Mountain amongst all those worshippers.

ellewoods
06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Good luck Raquel.

Ellen :hug:

*Raine
06-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Clement vs Nadal in the first round. :sobbing:

Oh well at least I can see Arno on tv, I haven't seen him play since last year.

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Problem is that we'll never get on Center Court :bigcry: And I don't wanna sit on Murray Mountain amongst all those worshippers.

No - that's true :sad: Well - you would get on Centre Court if you camped out all night :spit: But I sure wouldn't do that for anyone, so I shouldn't expect you too either. Maybe get a Grounds Pass, sit on Henman Hil (I refuse to call it Murray Mount!), and take so much Belgian beer with you, that the MurrayTards around you won't bother you :o At least you know you'll be safe - there's never any trouble at Wimby with crowds - they'll just assume you're Latvian and probably be really friendly :D
Exam #2 in 2 hours. :bounce:

:wavey::hug:

Good luck Raquel :hug:

*Raine
06-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh don't worry Raine - I've never actually donated it in that way either :o I'm not allowed to because of my immune system problems. When they take mine they are taking it to test it for various stuff. And - yes - I've had transfusions too. But dengue fever :help::bolt:

:bolt: It was really scary, I've been confined for one week and I've had 3 blood transfusions because it took time for my platelet count to go up. :o

ellen_
06-19-2009, 12:24 PM
No - that's true :sad: Well - you would get on Centre Court if you camped out all night :spit: But I sure wouldn't do that for anyone, so I shouldn't expect you too either. Maybe get a Grounds Pass, sit on Henman Hil (I refuse to call it Murray Mount!), and take so much Belgian beer with you, that the MurrayTards around you won't bother you :o At least you know you'll be safe - there's never any trouble at Wimby with crowds - they'll just assume you're Latvian and probably be really friendly :D

I might do it actually if we would be fully equiped, which we are not. But I'm afraid my friend wants to do that, although it still is impossible to get on Center Court since there are only 500 freakin tickets for the showcourts.

I think it might be a nice atmosphere on HH or MM, but I don't drink beer and I would be so annoyed to know that Ernie is playing just on the other side of the stands :bigcry: I feel miserable.

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I might do it actually if we would be fully equiped, which we are not. But I'm afraid my friend wants to do that, although it still is impossible to get on Center Court since there are only 500 freakin tickets for the showcourts.

I think it might be a nice atmosphere on HH or MM, but I don't drink beer and I would be so annoyed to know that Ernie is playing just on the other side of the stands :bigcry: I feel miserable.

:hug: I really,truly wish that I could help, but there is nothing I can do:sad: Wimby is THE hardest tournament on the whole of the circuit to get free/guest tickets for. Even players' families have problems :shrug: My contacts" who can often get me stuff, haven't come up with anything so far - so I can't see me going this year either. And the fact that it's Murray will make it doubly difficult :sad: I hope you can sort something out somehow though :hug:

*Raine
06-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Ellen :hug: :awww: I'm sorry.

Noleta
06-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Thank you Rose for posting the pictures:kiss::D

:awww:ellen bad luck reallt hope you can figure out something before the match:sad:

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Ellen - check your PM :)

ellen_
06-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the empathy, chicas :hug: And thanks for the tip, Rose :kiss:

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the empathy, chicas :hug: And thanks for the tip, Rose :kiss:

You're welcome :hug: And as I said, if I do happen to hear of anything once you're here, I can always send you an SMS :D Good luck.

*Raine
06-19-2009, 04:19 PM
To anyone who used to be a fan: :D

j5XOjnpX3-w

:haha::rocker2: :inlove:

Lee
06-19-2009, 04:22 PM
ellen :hug:

ellen_
06-19-2009, 04:48 PM
To anyone who used to be a fan: :D

:haha::rocker2: :inlove:

:angel:

*Raine
06-19-2009, 05:40 PM
rVbDw1tec60

:angel: :wavey: Ellen :haha: and my other fellow Generation X here.

ellen_
06-19-2009, 05:43 PM
We had a complete dance on that song in primary school :lol: I was always Posh Spice and I hated that because she couldn't sing. But looking back to it, I should be happy. Married good and is happily rich now :cool:

I feel 10 again :rolls:

*Raine
06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
:haha: And I feel 12 again. :o

I always danced whenever I hear Stop. Did you watch the movie too?

GpPyBXMxeb0

Noleta
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
:secret:i was a fan too Nick was a cutie back then:o

*Raine
06-19-2009, 08:06 PM
:secret:i was a fan too Nick was a cutie back then:o

Brian was my favorite but Nic was my crush back then. :o

:confused: Why am I still up? It's 4 am here. :haha:

Noleta
06-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Brian was my favorite but Nic was my crush back then. :o

:confused: Why am I still up? It's 4 am here. :haha:

Bacause you're not tired yet:p

*Raine
06-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Bacause you're not tired yet:p

Actually I am tired since 1 am :help::scratch: :haha:.

:wavey: Off to bed now

or not

PS: Did you like Hanson too? :p

ellen_
06-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Gosh, it's 4am there and 10pm here... And I'm probably the one that's more tired, I'm dizzy from sleepiness :lol:

Raine, can you lend me some of your pills to stay awake? I might need them at SW19 :p

*Raine
06-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Just drink lots of coffee. :p

Erm, I wouldn't advice that because coffee doesn't not work me, one time I drank 2 cups of coffee and I fell asleep five minutes after. :scratch::lol:

Only an hour before the sun rises now. :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 08:27 PM
:lol: I don't know how anyone can stay up til 4.00am :o It's 9.30pm here and I'm about to go and have a bath and go straight to bed. I'm really not a "night owl" at all :o

*Raine
06-19-2009, 08:33 PM
:wavey::lol: Good night (or morning)

Noleta
06-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Actually I am tired since 1 am :help::scratch: :haha:.

:wavey: Off to bed now

or not

PS: Did you like Hanson too? :p

No cause i wasn't sure then whether the lead singer a boy or a girl was:o

Good night:D

Lee
06-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Yesterday, Raine finally went to bed when I had to take a nap in the afternoon because I was up early. :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-19-2009, 08:57 PM
And at the same time as me - even though her time zone is about 6 hours ahead of mine :o

So this is goodnight from me too :wavey: See you all tomorrow!

*Raine
06-20-2009, 10:38 AM
:banana: I'll try to come to the Davis Cup match of Philippines vs Pakistan on July 10-12:banana: That will be my the first time ever I'm going to a tennis tournament so I'm really excited.

*Raine
06-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Btw I went to bed at 7 am then got up at 9:30 am. :haha: The Asians are preparing for Wimbledon next week.

cmcdBnj4ZOg

^Ok that intro was way before my time. :haha: :angel:

This one :rocker2:
zWDnhwLNA_w

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Raine :wavey: How on earth do you survive on 2 hours' sleep:eek: I would be dead for sure.

*Raine
06-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Raine :wavey: How on earth do you survive on 2 hours' sleep:eek: I would be dead for sure.

:lol: I have no idea, once I'm in front of the computer I'm energized for the day. :o :haha: I was like sleepwalking when I woke up after 2 hours of sleep though.

:devil: Me and Steph are preparing for the matches next week, you know how many hours advanced our time zone is :awww: :lol:.

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 03:25 PM
:lol: I have no idea, once I'm in front of the computer I'm energized for the day. :o :haha: I was like sleepwalking when I woke up after 2 hours of sleep though.

:devil: Me and Steph are preparing for the matches next week, you know how many hours advanced our time zone is :awww: :lol:.

:lol: I have the same problem with the US tourneys. Though I can't even try and prepare, because I know I just can't survive on very little sleep and stay up all night, and go to work as well :shrug: It would make me ill and even tennis isn't worth that.

And in other news - Dima :woohoo: But must admit Frank Dancevic may have converted me to follow him - he's such a sweetie!

*Raine
06-20-2009, 03:48 PM
:lol: I have the same problem with the US tourneys. Though I can't even try and prepare, because I know I just can't survive on very little sleep and stay up all night, and go to work as well :shrug: It would make me ill and even tennis isn't worth that.

And in other news - Dima :woohoo: But must admit Frank Dancevic may have converted me to follow him - he's such a sweetie!

:lol: :o I should stop doing this too, I don't want to be anemic. I shall go back to normal sleeping time when Wimbledon is over. It's not just the tennis tournaments or any other sport tournament in Europe/America that makes me stay up late(I haven't even watched a single tennis match this week), video games do this to me as well. It's hard to stop once you started playing. :o

Yay for Dima :woohoo:

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 04:08 PM
:lol: :o I should stop doing this too, I don't want to be anemic. I shall go back to normal sleeping time when Wimbledon is over. It's not just the tennis tournaments or any other sport tournament in Europe/America that makes me stay up late(I haven't even watched a single tennis match this week), video games do this to me as well. It's hard to stop once you started playing. :o

Yay for Dima :woohoo:

Luckily I've never got into video games - chatting here on MTF and following livescores etc, takes up most of my Internet time.

ellen_
06-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Dima :yeah: Shame from Wickmayer in Rosmalen though :awww: And the news about Christophe Rochus absolutely disgusts me.

Think I packed everything :D

Noleta
06-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Dima :yeah: Shame from Wickmayer in Rosmalen though :awww: And the news about Christophe Rochus absolutely disgusts me.

What did he do? :scratch:

Surprised you're not already in the Uk to see Vettel:p

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 04:25 PM

:confused: What happened with Christophe Rochus :confused:

ellen_
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
They accused him of 'selling' a match. The one at Monte Carlo against Lisnard, because Lisnard is ranked 200 places lower than Christophe and he still lost. The story behind that was that his little son had to stay in the hospital the night before. And Murray also lost from Lisnard :shrug:

And I would be in England to cheer for Seba if the prices for F1 weren't so bloody high :ras: I'm hoping I can find a way to get in Francorchamps...

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 04:41 PM
They accused him of 'selling' a match. The one at Monte Carlo against Lisnard, because Lisnard is ranked 200 places lower than Christophe and he still lost. The story behind that was that his little son had to stay in the hospital the night before. And Murray also lost from Lisnard :shrug:

And I would be in England to cheer for Seba if the prices for F1 weren't so bloody high :ras: I'm hoping I can find a way to get in Francorchamps...

:eek: What you mean there is actually a case against him by the ATP? Or just rumours in the Belgian Press? Hope his son is OK now anyway :awww: Poor Christophe.

ellen_
06-20-2009, 04:45 PM
:eek: What you mean there is actually a case against him by the ATP? Or just rumours in the Belgian Press? Hope his son is OK now anyway :awww: Poor Christophe.

Even better, UK press. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/exclusive-wimbledon-on-high-alert-over-suspected-matchfixing-rings-1707744.html

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Even better, UK press. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/exclusive-wimbledon-on-high-alert-over-suspected-matchfixing-rings-1707744.html

:rolleyes: UK press loves digging up the dirt - especially with Wimbledon just around the corner, and the country's eyes on tennis far more than during the rest of the year. Admit "The Independant" is a well-respected newspaper - not like "The Sun" or some other such trash, but I wouldn't worry too much about it - it will all be forgotten soon as I doubt they have a shread of real evidence.

Noleta
06-20-2009, 05:04 PM

Oh dear:sad:if his son was sick he could've pulled out:shrug:

I know shame:mad:a ticket is about more than 300 euros:eek:as for the British press then adore sensations so i won't be surprised if they come up with more details

*Raine
06-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Poor C. Rochus.

Ellen, I know I've said this a million times - take care and have a great time. :-)

Luckily I've never got into video games - chatting here on MTF and following livescores etc, takes up most of my Internet time.

Forums take away a lot of internet time too. :o

Here's one video game that I played on my brother's Xbox 360:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3530/top20spin203xb360lb3.jpg (http://img91.imageshack.us/i/top20spin203xb360lb3.jpg/) http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/top20spin203xb360lb3.jpg/1/w321.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img91/top20spin203xb360lb3.jpg/1/)

http://www.my360.com.au/img/game/large/Top-Spin-3-5.jpg

:rocker2:

EDIT: I'm off to bed now :haha:

Noleta
06-20-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't know how to play tennis on video games:o

Rose i heard that Murray was on the cover of a magazine shirtless:spit:

*Raine
06-20-2009, 06:17 PM
:wavey::zzz: This time my good night is real, don't worry. :angel:

PS: Noleta, playing a tennis video game is fun. I always chose Federer back when I was playing Top Spin 3.

Noleta
06-20-2009, 06:19 PM
:wavey::zzz: This time my good night is real, don't worry. :angel:

PS: Noleta, playing a tennis video game is fun. I always chose Federer back when I was playing Top Spin 3.

We'll see in one hour time is indeed it is:pgood night..........for now:p

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't know how to play tennis on video games:o

Rose i heard that Murray was on the cover of a magazine shirtless:spit:

:unsure: Please tell me that's a joke :awww: Though sadly I'm sure it's not. We have so much "Murray Mania" here :rolleyes: Just hoping he goes out first round - if he won Wimby the UK would never NEVER hear the end of it.

pica_pica
06-20-2009, 07:33 PM
:unsure: Please tell me that's a joke :awww: Though sadly I'm sure it's not. We have so much "Murray Mania" here :rolleyes: Just hoping he goes out first round - if he won Wimby the UK would never NEVER hear the end of it.
Yesterday I strolled around in a bookstore and scanned through two tennis magazines...the name/face of Murray seems to appear on every single page :tape:
and Roger Federer has a page in Times magazine, imo that single page worths more than all pages of Murray combined :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Yesterday I strolled around in a bookstore and scanned through two tennis magazines...the name/face of Murray seems to appear on every single page :tape:
and Roger Federer has a page in Times magazine, imo that single page worths more than all pages of Murray combined :rolls:

:lol: I'm almost scared to open my Sunday newspaper and supplement when it's delivered tomorrow. I can just imagine what it will be...... wall-to-wall Murray :bolt:

ellen_
06-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm going to bed, folks! Ready to dive under the Channel. Won't have internet so probably no stories or pictures, until Friday.

Will miss you all :wavey: :kiss:

*Ljubica*
06-20-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm going to bed, folks! Ready to dive under the Channel. Won't have internet so probably no stories or pictures, until Friday.

Goodnight Ellen - and safe journey :hug: Hope you get in to see Ernie, and don't forget to tell him to kick some a*se and beat Murray :lol:

Have lots of fun - will miss you :hug:

Noleta
06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
:lol: I'm almost scared to open my Sunday newspaper and supplement when it's delivered tomorrow. I can just imagine what it will be...... wall-to-wall Murray :bolt:

:hug: i think it will be wise to avoid newspapers for 2 weeks:p

Have lots of fun ellen:kiss:

ellewoods
06-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Have fun Ellen!! I too hope for some thrashing of Murray by the hands of Ernie :devil:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 12:56 PM
I wish Andy is our countryman instead, it would be great if there's a famous athlete aside from Manny Pacquiao (boxer) here, I won't mind the hype.

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 12:58 PM
I wish Andy is our countryman instead, it would be great if there's a famous athlete aside from Manny Pacquiao (boxer) here, I won't mind the hype.

Raine :wavey: Not sure you'd say that if you lived here. The UK has the worst hype in the world over sports-stars I think. It makes me really :mad: And isn't too good for the player involved either - I don't like Murray but I swear he doesn't need the extra pressure on him.

*Raine
06-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Raine :wavey: Not sure you'd say that if you lived here. The UK has the worst hype in the world over sports-stars I think. It makes me really :mad:

Oops, okay let me rephrase that - I wish Andy Murray (or any other high ranked tennis player) is a Filipino instead. :p There's a lot of hype around Manny but as long as he brings pride and glory to the nation, it's all good.

Btw random info: there's zero crime rate here whenever he has a match. :) :haha:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Oops, okay let me rephrase that - I wish Andy Murray (or any other high ranked tennis player) is a Filipino instead. :p There's a lot of hype around Manny but as long as he brings pride and glory to the nation, it's all good.

Btw random info: there's zero crime rate here whenever he has a match. :) :haha:

LOL - well that's got to be a good thing :D

Noleta
06-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Raine :wavey: Not sure you'd say that if you lived here. The UK has the worst hype in the world over sports-stars I think. It makes me really :mad: And isn't too good for the player involved either - I don't like Murray but I swear he doesn't need the extra pressure on him.

I agree with that:cool:the same with Button don't know how many times they've mentioned the phrase British hope :spit:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 01:28 PM
LOL - well that's got to be a good thing :D

:lol: It is. :D

I think I can go to the Davis Cup match between Philippines vs Pakistan, the tickets are not that expensive. :banana: And it's one train ride from our place.

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:28 PM
I agree with that:cool:the same with Button don't know how many times they've mentioned the phrase British hope :spit:

Well we are such a small country, but a relatively wealthy one, who kind of expects to have successful sportspeople, and because we don't, when anyone shows promise in whatever sport, there is this unbelievable pressure on them to succeed, which perhaps doesn't happen in some other places. We are also totally vile to those who fail - Brit press loves to build people up just to knock them down again. Sad really.

:lol: It is. :D

I think I can go to the Davis Cup match between Philippines vs Pakistan, the tickets are not that expensive. :banana: And it's one train ride from our place.

That should be fun :D

Noleta
06-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Well we are such a small country, but a relatively wealthy one, who kind of expects to have successful sportspeople, and because we don't, when anyone shows promise in whatever sport, there is this unbelievable pressure on them to succeed, which perhaps doesn't happen in some other places. We are also totally vile to those who fail - Brit press loves to build people up just to knock them down again. Sad really.

Very much so they make the nation expect too much really and when it doesn't happen the disappointement all around:sad:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 01:36 PM

Yes it will be, it's my first tennis tournament ever. :dance: I hope I can take a pic with a certain Filipino American player. :D

Very much so they make the nation expect too much really and when it doesn't happen the disappointement all around:sad:

:spit::spit: I remember that football match against Thailand (or Indonesia :scratch:), a lot of people hoped that we would win but in the end we got trashed 13-1. :spit: A lot of people were very disappointed.

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:37 PM

Yes - very true, and I'm sure neither Tim nor Andy ever wanted such pressure :sad:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 01:38 PM
:spit::spit: I remember that football match against Thailand (or Indonesia :scratch:), a lot of people hoped that we would win but in the end we got trashed 13-1. :spit: A lot of people were very disappointed.

13 to 1:bolt:didn't your team have a goalie:p

Noleta
06-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Yes - very true, and I'm sure neither Tim nor Andy ever wanted such pressure :sad:

I felt sorry for Tim back then getting so many nice comments and after the match he gets hammered:rolleyes:is it still the same in the UK or has it gone worse?

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 01:45 PM
I felt sorry for Tim back then getting so many nice comments and after the match he gets hammered:rolleyes:is it still the same in the UK or has it gone worse?

Pretty much the same I would say :shrug: Only diference is, deep down no one really thought Tim could go all the way, but they do believe that of Andy, so the expectations may be slightly higher.

*Raine
06-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Tim was my favorite player :) and I hated the media pressure on him during his career.

13 to 1:bolt:didn't your team have a goalie:p

He went to eat then slept for an hour. :p

Noleta
06-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Pretty much the same I would say :shrug: Only diference is, deep down no one really thought Tim could go all the way, but they do believe that of Andy, so the expectations may be slightly higher.

There was show on bbc1 think called Alistair Mcgowan :lol:they used to do a brilliant Tim impersonation:rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 02:26 PM
There was show on bbc1 think called Alistair Mcgowan :lol:they used to do a brilliant Tim impersonation:rolls:

:lol: Yes - I remember. Tim is quite easy to impersonate I guess - I've always loved him though, and looking forward to his commentary on BBC starting tomorow :D

*Raine
06-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Shout out to my friends from Hong Kong: We beat you guys in the last David Cup match. :haha: :nerner:

:wavey: Stephkins

:lol: Yes - I remember. Tim is quite easy to impersonate I guess - I've always loved him though, and looking forward to his commentary on BBC starting tomorow :D

I want to hear his commentary too. :sobbing:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Didn't know that:D will it be his first time?i like Sue Barker too:)

Stephie Cesc
06-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Shout out to my friends from Hong Kong: We beat you guys in the last David Cup match. :haha: :nerner:

:wavey: Stephkins

I don't care about Davis Cup :nerner: Our players suck, I admit that :lol::ras:

And one last time, I don't like that name!! :mad:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Didn't know that:D will it be his first time?i like Sue Barker too:)

No - he did it last year too. He's pretty good to be fair. And I like Sue too - very knowledgable, and very attractive woman for her age :worship:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't care about Davis Cup :nerner: Our players suck, I admit that :lol::ras:

And one last time, I don't like that name!! :mad:

:nerner: Don't take away something that for once we can be proud of, I can always tell my grandkids, that the HK tennis players always lose to Filipinos. :D

Stephkins Stephkins Stephkins Stephkins Stephkins Stephkins

Noleta
06-21-2009, 02:41 PM
No - he did it last year too. He's pretty good to be fair. And I like Sue too - very knowledgable, and very attractive woman for her age :worship:

How old is she:scratch:

Stephie Cesc
06-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Argh can someone please tell Raine to stop it :lol:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Argh can someone please tell Raine to stop it :lol:

She's a rebel she won't listen:p

Stephie Cesc
06-21-2009, 02:48 PM
She's a rebel she won't listen:p

Yeah, I think so too :lol: She is doing it on msn as well...I think I'm gonna block her :lol::angel:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 02:51 PM

Stephkins :clap2::rocker2:
(You can't block me, I know you won't do that :haha:). LAME.

PS: I just saw Tim Henman on tv. :hearts:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 02:51 PM
How old is she:scratch:

Around 53 or 54 now i think - won RG back in the 70's.

*Raine
06-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Stephkins :cool:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 02:55 PM

Stephkins :clap2::rocker2:
(You can't block me, I know you won't do that :haha:). LAME.

PS: I just saw Tim Henman on tv. :hearts:

Are you going to be nice now?:p

Noleta
06-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Around 53 or 54 now i think - won RG back in the 70's.

Really i tought she was 60yrs old:osorry Sue:o

*Raine
06-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Are you going to be nice now?:p

Maybe :angel: :scratch:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Really i tought she was 60yrs old:osorry Sue:o

:awww: :tape:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 03:19 PM
:awww: :tape:

I'm rubbish at guessing people's age:o

Nearly forgot but i'll be without my laptop for about 2 or 3weeks:bigcry:there is something wrong with my screen and the company think it's broken:mad:i only had it for 6 months:sad:i don't know how i'll manage without any internet acces for such a long period:hysteric:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:21 PM

Nearly forgot but i'll be without my laptop for about 2 or 3weeks:bigcry:there is something wrong with my screen and the company think it's broken:mad:i only had it for 6 months:sad:i don't know how i'll manage without any internet acces for such a long period:hysteric:

:awww: That's bad :sad: Can't you still access at College or work? Or maybe an Internet cafe nearby? We'll all miss you otherwise. :hug:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
:awww: That's bad :sad: Can't you still access at College or work? Or maybe an Internet cafe nearby? We'll all miss you otherwise. :hug:

Not possible at work anymore in those hard times they'll search for any excuse to fire people:rolleyes:we have an internet cafe that i went to once:spit:it's always fall of foreign guys and they have nothing better to do than give you the eye and whisper in theire laguage something i find really disrespectful:mad:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Not possible at work anymore in those hard times they'll search for any excuse to fire people:rolleyes:we have an internet cafe that i went to once:spit:it's always fall of foreign guys and they have nothing better to do than give you the eye and whisper in theire laguage something i find really disrespectful:mad:

All the Internet Cafes are like that here too - and in Paris :shrug: I don't like it much either to be honest, - but I'm so addicted to MTF :o that I've been known to go into them now and again. And I'm the same with work too - I do pop in now and again, but they can check Internet usage at Head Office, and it's not worth the stress. Haven't any of you friends got a laptop you can borrow from time to time - just to keep in touch? Or how about a local Library? All the Libraries here have PCs you can use for free for an hour -they're great, and nice, safe atmosphere too.

*Raine
06-21-2009, 03:36 PM

I'm rubbish at guessing people's names and birthday :o

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:37 PM

So am I :o

Noleta
06-21-2009, 03:40 PM
All the Internet Cafes are like that here too - and in Paris :shrug: I don't like it much either to be honest, - but I'm so addicted to MTF :o that I've been known to go into them now and again. And I'm the same with work too - I do pop in now and again, but they can check Internet usage at Head Office, and it's not worth the stress. Haven't any of you friends got a laptop you can borrow from time to time - just to keep in touch? Or how about a local Library? All the Libraries here have PCs you can use for free for an hour -they're great, and nice, safe atmosphere too.

Fingers crossed i'll find something:sad:i'll miss being on here too:tears:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 03:41 PM

I forget my own:tape:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Fingers crossed i'll find something:sad:i'll miss being on here too:tears:

:awww: When do you have to take it in? Must admit I'd be lost without my computer :sad: I guess I can always fall back on Alex's if I need to, but he needs his to work from home a lot, - and he always takes it with him when he goes away - so I can't always have it.

:lol: :rolls:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 03:43 PM
:awww: When do yo have to take it in?

Tomorrow:sad:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Tomorrow:sad:

:awww: No - just in time for Wimbledon :bigcry: That sucks :sad: Surely if it's only 6 months old though, it should be under guarantee? So they should give you a replacement? That's how it works here anyway.

Noleta
06-21-2009, 03:48 PM
:awww: No - just in time for Wimbledon :bigcry: That sucks :sad: Surely if it's only 6 months old though, it should be under guarantee? So they should give you a replacement? That's how it works here anyway.

I know:hysteric:i have a 2yr guarantee but they don't give a replacement it doesn't work like that here:banghead::shout:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I know:hysteric:i have a 2yr guarantee but they don't give a replacement it doesn't work like that here:banghead::shout:

That's not good at all :sad: I really hope you can get something sorted out. Can you at least get Internet on your phone to send us the occasional message? I know it's always expensive to do it that way, but when Nole wins Wimby you'll need to find some way of celebrating with us :D

Anyway - I have to go for a while now - have some stuff to do in the house - but will be back later for sure :kiss:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 04:11 PM

:haha: :haha:

My sister forgets all of our birthdays. :tape: :tape: :o

So am I :o

*high five*

Speaking of birthdays, I hope one of my tennis favorites wins on my birthday.

Amber Spyglass
06-21-2009, 04:35 PM
That's not good at all :sad: I really hope you can get something sorted out. Can you at least get Internet on your phone to send us the occasional message? I know it's always expensive to do it that way, but when Nole wins Wimby you'll need to find some way of celebrating with us :D

Anyway - I have to go for a while now - have some stuff to do in the house - but will be back later for sure :kiss:
Rose and Optimism??You didn't happen to be electrocuted recently by any chance:p

And yes, that's a toilet seat lined with pins:angel:That's one way to keep unwanted visitors from your door:p

Noleta
06-21-2009, 05:11 PM

Rose:hug:i'll try to visit without loggin in from work:scared:
:haha: :haha:

My sister forgets all of our birthdays. :tape: :tape: :o

*high five*

Speaking of birthdays, I hope one of my tennis favorites wins on my birthday.

That's easy...she doesn't have to buy any presents:p

Rose and Optimism??You didn't happen to be electrocuted recently by any chance:p

And yes, that's a toilet seat lined with pins:angel:That's one way to keep unwanted visitors from your door:p

:lol:

I mush prefere Nole on your avy:p

*Raine
06-21-2009, 05:48 PM

I know right? Rose and Optimism? :eek::eek::eek: That's new.

That's easy...she doesn't have to buy any presents:p

That's true :haha: also helps that she lives in another country. :wavey: I shall miss you btw.

pica_pica
06-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Poor Noleta......:hug:

Lee
06-21-2009, 06:38 PM

Hope your laptop will be back sooner than expected :hug:

Same happened to mine and kind of lucky that's just before my 1 yr. warranty was up :tape:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks girls:hug:i'll miss you too:tears:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Hope your laptop will be back sooner than expected :hug:

Same happened to mine and kind of lucky that's just before my 1 yr. warranty was up :tape:

I'm lucky too:tape:it'll cost me more than 400 euros if it wasn't for the warranty:rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 06:53 PM

:nerner: I think it's all the needles they keep sticking into me - making me a changed woman :p And actually I doubt he'll get into he second week :o Does that sound better to you?

Noleta :hug: Maybe the work will be quicker thann you think? We'll miss you -so please come back soon.

Lee
06-21-2009, 06:58 PM
It's about a week for me last time. But I only need to ship my laptop to California. :p Most of the time was spend on shipping to and from. They fixed my laptop in one day since it's plain easy to replace the screen. :rolls:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:06 PM
It's about a week for me last time. But I only need to ship my laptop to California. :p Most of the time was spend on shipping to and from. They fixed my laptop in one day since it's plain easy to replace the screen. :rolls:

What:mad:and i have to wait 2 to 3 weeks:fiery::bigcry:that's not fair:sad:

Lee
06-21-2009, 07:12 PM
:awww: :hug: The warranty people usually give a highend estimate so you won't be mad at them if they said a week but couldn't. And I don't know what's the problem with your screen. I believed mine was not the first one with the problem because they sound like they knew what's wrong when I first contacted them and they knew what to do.

*Raine
06-21-2009, 07:20 PM
:wavey: This will be the last time I'll sleep early before Wimbledon starts so I must cherish it. :zzz::zzz::zzz::angel: It's true this time. ;)

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:22 PM
:awww: :hug: The warranty people usually give a highend estimate so you won't be mad at them if they said a week but couldn't. And I don't know what's the problem with your screen. I believed mine was not the first one with the problem because they sound like they knew what's wrong when I first contacted them and they knew what to do.

I have white lines on my screen which bothers me:sad:

Lee
06-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I have white lines on my screen which bothers me:sad:

:awww: my screen just blacked out. And the frequency increased over time and I thought I better had it fixed before the warranty was over.

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:28 PM
:awww: my screen just blacked out. And the frequency increased over time and I thought I better had it fixed before the warranty was over.

Which model do you have?

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Completely random - I just found this smiley http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-love064.gif

Bananas in love - so cute :D

Lee
06-21-2009, 07:31 PM
HP dv9743. It's a 17" wide screen.

edit: those are really cute bananas.

Lee
06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Rose's post

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:33 PM

I have the same:p

I don't see any bananas:p oops i just did:onice smiley Rose.

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 07:34 PM

I know:) Martin posted them over in The Castle thread - and I decided to "borrow them. I'm sure they'll come in useful next time I see Miljan on my TV screen!

*Raine
06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
This is cute too:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2jb9jc3.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/2jb9jc3.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/2jb9jc3.jpg

:o *hides and goes to bed now*

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 07:38 PM
This is cute too:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2jb9jc3.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/2jb9jc3.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/2jb9jc3.jpg

:o *hides and goes to bed now*

:awww: Yes - another cutie for my collection.

Goodnight Raine and sweet dreams :kiss:

Lee
06-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Nite Raine :zzz:

busy organising my social calendar in Canada next week :tape:

ellen_
06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
:wavey: Found an internet source. All is well, besides the fact that we don't have bloody tickets... :explode:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
:wavey: Found an internet source. All is well, besides the fact that we don't have bloody tickets... :explode:

Are all the tickets sold out:confused:

Lee
06-21-2009, 08:04 PM
ellen needs to queue?

I know there's already a big party of MTFers queuing for tomorrow's tickets.

Lee
06-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Enough procastination and time for http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/thumbs/laundry.gif

:wavey:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Enough procastination and time for http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/thumbs/laundry.gif

:wavey:and don't sit on the waching machine:devil:

Night Raine:kiss:she's really off now i guess:p

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Are all the tickets sold out:confused:

Tickets for Wimby are sold out in about January :rolleyes: Apart from the 500 a day they put on sale for the Show Courts that you have to camp out all night for :rolleyes: Which, of course, is why I won't go unless someone throws me a free ticket (not as easy at Wimby as it is at Queens or anywhere else). I just REFUSE to queue when I can see the same players at Roland Garros or Queens or wherever at much closer quarters and with far less hassle.

Ellen :hug: Glad to see you found an Inernet. And have loads of fun :hug:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Tickets for Wimby are sold out in about January :rolleyes: Apart from the 500 a day they put on sale for the Show Courts that you have to camp out all night for :rolleyes: Which, of course, is why I won't go unless someone throws me a free ticket (not as easy at Wimby as it is at Queens or anywhere else). I just REFUSE to queue when I can see the same players at Roland Garros or Queens or wherever at much closer quarters and with far less hassle.

Ellen :hug: Glad to see you found an Inernet. And have loads of fun :hug:

Sounds like a pain in the a##:eek:don't blame you tbh:rolleyes:

*Raine
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I lied. :p:wavey:

Now I'm really off to bed. :angel:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a pain in the a##:eek:don't blame you tbh:rolleyes:

Yes - it is a total pain in the a*se :rolleyes: I thoroughly dislike it. Sometimes you can get a return or something, but Centre Court is so expensive and a lot of the seats are a a long way back with quite a restricted view, and you can see the action far better on TV. Not to mention the Practice Couts are not really accessible - you can't get really close like you can at RG for example.

Edit: Goodnight Raine :kiss:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Yes - it is a total pain in the a*se :rolleyes: I thoroughly dislike it. Sometimes you can get a return or something, but Centre Court is so expensive and a lot of the seats are a a long way back with quite a restricted view, and you can see the action far better on TV. Not to mention the Practice Couts are not really accessible - you can't get really close like you can at RG for example.

Edit: Goodnight Raine :kiss:

It says 40pounds on the Wimbly wesite for tickets to center court:confused:which isn't that expensive:shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 08:35 PM
It says 40pounds on the Wimbly wesite for tickets to center court:confused:which isn't that expensive:shrug:

Yes on the 1st day - going up to over £100 later in the tournament. But all tickets are the same price - you don't get any reduction for the sh*tty seats with a bad view right at the back :rolleyes:

And admit maybe I'm biased. but when I went to Rome earlier this year I paid something like 20 euros for an all day ticket, where I could see Nole, Federer, Nadal etc play AND practice up close, with no security men telling me to "move along" :rolleyes: I was also staying in the Players' Hotel so you could see them over breakfast too should you so want to. And at RG you pay the same kind of money and you can buy online with no queueing, and frankly, after that, the pleasure of sleeping on a cold, hard pavement with no shower, just to get on Centre Court loses it's appeal.

Noleta
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes on the 1st day - going up to over £100 later in the tournament. But all tickets are the same price - you don't get any reduction for the sh*tty seats with a bad view right at the back :rolleyes:

And admit maybe I'm biased. but when I went to Rome earlier this year I paid something like 20 euros for an all day ticket, where I could see Nole, Federer, Nadal etc play AND practice up close, with no security men telling e to "move along" :rolleyes: I was staying in the Players' Hotel so you could see them over breaksfast too should you sop want to. And after that, the pleasure of sleeping on a cold, hard pavement with no shower, just to get on Centre Court loses it's appeal.

My god that's not a good system at all:eek:and that's for the biggest and well knows GS:eek:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 08:49 PM
My god that's not a good system at all:eek:and that's for the biggest and well knows GS:eek:

Well it's all to do with the "tradition" thing again :spit: To get a ticket before the event you have to go into a Public Ballot, which closes around Christmas the predeeding year, and your tickets are allocated in about January. You have no choice which day you go of course - you get what you're given, it's either take it or leave it, because they think they're so damned special that everyone is grovelling to go there :rolleyes:

After that, your only option is to queue. The queus start mid-afternoon the day before play, and to get Centre or Number 1 Courts, you pretty much HAVE to queue overnight - not in a proper campsite but on the pavement with the traffic whizzing past you all night and no showering facilities. If you want a Grounds Pass, you need to get there about 7.00am or 8.00am and just wait :rolleyes:

The once in there, you need to queue again to get on whichever outside court you want - I remember once queueing for 2 hours on Court 18 to see Goran, and everything is amazingly crowded, with very little access to Practice Courts, and hideously expensive refreshments.

I admit maybe if I was younger (and fitter :o ) or didn't get to any other tournaments I may feel differently. But it's so damned easy for me to catch the Eurostar to Paris for RG or Bercy, or go somewhere like Rotterdam, Stuttgart or Munich. where practice is free and easy to watch and the players just wander around and chat and have a drink in the normal Bars - so my view is why bother with Wimby :shrug:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Well it's all to do with the "tradition" thing again :spit: To get a ticket before the event you have to go into a Public Ballot, which closes around Christmas the predeeding year, and your tickets are allocated in about January. You have no choice which day you go of course - you get what you're given, it's either take it or leave it, because they think they're so damned special that everyone is grovelling to go there :rolleyes:

After that, your only option is to queue. The queus start mid-afternoon the day before play, and to get Centre or Number 1 Courts, you pretty much HAVE to queue overnight - not in a proper campsite but on the pavement with the traffic whizzing past you all night and no showering facilities. If you want a Grounds Pass, you need to get there about 7.00am or 8.00am and just wait :rolleyes:

The once in there, you need to queue again to get on whichever outside court you want - I remember once queueing for 2 hours on Court 18 to see Goran, and everything is amazingly crowded, with very little access to Practice Courts, and hideously expensive refreshments.

I admit maybe if I was younger (and fitter :o ) or didn't get to any other tournaments I may feel differently. But it's so damned easy for me to catch the Eurostar to Paris for RG or Bercy, or go somewhere like Rotterdam, Stuttgart or Munich. where practice is free and easy to watch and the players just wander around and chat and have a drink in the normal Bars - so my view is why bother with Wimby :shrug:

I don't think i'll put myself through that ever i don't like queuing:ofor peopel why never went to a tournament they'll get lost:sad:

*Ljubica*
06-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't think i'll put myself through that ever i don't like queuing:ofor peopel why never went to a tournament they'll get lost:sad:

My advice to anyone who has never been to a tournament is to NEVER start with Wimbledon :rolleyes: It would put you off for life. Best start with a small, cosy one like Queens, or Estoril, or Munich or Belgrade - and work upwards!

Anyway, I have to go now - work tomorrow :rolleyes:

Noleta - hope your time without Internet isn't too painful :awww:

Everyone else - guess I'll see you tomorrow - Herdwick should be back soon too :D

Goodnight :kiss:

Noleta
06-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Goodnight Rose:kiss:

Hope i'll have my laptop back in less than 2 weeks,i'll try to get on here if i can though:)i'm sure i'll get withdrawal symptoms if not:rolleyes:

Have fun everyone and take care:hug::kiss:

Amber Spyglass
06-21-2009, 09:24 PM
:wavey:Bye Noleta,you'll sure be missed around here:hug:,hope you get your laptop back soon:sad:

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 11:47 AM

Greetings all. I hereby declare Western Scotland the most beautiful country in Europe.:inlove:

Now what on earth has been going on Nole-wise? Haven't had much time to read back but have seen references to £2.5 million yachts, 7 hour porn marathons and dodgy appearance money issues at Queens?

Please tell me our man hasn't lost his marbles? :smash:

Lee
06-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Welcome back Herdwick!

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Thank you :wavey: :bounce: A sane voice :worship:

What's all this about a yacht and a porn star please?

Lee
06-22-2009, 12:50 PM
You haven't read the girlfriends thread? That's where all the talks about the yacht.

And porn star :rolls: In the videos thread, there's a link to tenispro. The interview was done in RG on his birthday. Nole was asked which female he wanted to make a movie with. He answered Jenna Jameson and the movie would like 7 hours long. :tape:

Lee
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM
It's not yet 6am here and my brain is working really really slow.

*Raine
06-22-2009, 12:54 PM
:wavey: Herdwick

I missed you :awww:.

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I see - thanks - was visualising the 2 as somehow combined. :rolls: Even so - 7 hours - ouch.
Only got back last night and am at work and surreptitiously watching Roger so can't do too much digging back yet.

:wavey: :hug: Raine - so Nole's going down the Cristiano route it seems. :devil:

*Raine
06-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Herdwick: Who is Cristiano? :confused:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Welcome back Herdwick :wavey: You were missed :awww:

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Herdwick: Who is Cristiano? :confused:

This isn't funny for me. :sobbing: My favorite player after Ruud's era is leaving my team. :sobbing:

*sulks in a corner*

O the fickleness of youth :lol:

:wavey: Rosie baby - Herdwick is back with a vengeance from the wilds of Trotternish and Harris. :woohoo:

Raring to go - although I gather our boy has been less than discreet in my absence :angel::rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 01:52 PM
O the fickleness of youth :lol:

:wavey: Rosie baby - Herdwick is back with a vengeance from the wilds of Trotternish and Harris. :woohoo:

Raring to go - although I gather our boy has been less than discreet in my absence :angel::rolls:

Guess he was missing you too :o Have you actually seen the infamous video yet? You know - the one where they ask him who he would like to make a movie with, and he answers with this Porn Star, and then says the film would last 7 hours! It's totally hilarious. Especially when he follows it up with the comment about giving Jelena his credit card to go shoppng with - most certainly trying to make it up to her there I think :D

As for the rest of the stuff - some people (not necessarily on this Forum) are getting all :hysteric: about him buying a yacht and going on holiday - but - hey - why not I say? :shrug: It's his life - let him enjoy it!

As for Trotternish and Harris - the Isles are indeed beautiful - though having lived in the Henrides, I would never do it again - I'm too much of a city girl I fear :o

Jelena_78
06-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi Lee, Raine, Herdwick, Rosie and everyone else :wavey:
I don't have much time lately, so I don't come here so often anymore :awww: but I haven't forgot you :D :kiss:
I hope you're all doing well :)

It's been raining all day yesterday and today in Belgrade...the same forecast is til Friday :rolleyes: Boring.

Lee
06-22-2009, 02:04 PM
:wavey: Jelena!

And here, we finally get to the scorching heat. Temperatures in May were like June while June like May this year. :lol: But finally back on track, i.e. over triple digits in Fahrenheit (38°C) and will continue to climb up to 110/43 on Thursday :lol:

But I won't be here :woohoo:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi Lee, Raine, Herdwick, Rosie and everyone else :wavey:
I don't have much time lately, so I don't come here so often anymore :awww: but I haven't forgot you :D :kiss:
I hope you're all doing well :)

It's been raining all day yesterday and today in Belgrade...the same forecast is til Friday :rolleyes: Boring.

Jelena :hug: How are the preparations for Universiade? Unusual to have rain in Belgrade and dry weather here in London - our forecast is for sun/dry weather all week :tape: Alex will be delighted as he flies to Belgrade on Saturday for a week - sadly without me as I'm working :sad:

Take care and don't be a stranger - we miss you :kiss:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Btw - just had to post this here. Sorry Fedfans, but just WTF does he think he looks like in a waiter's outfit with a gold shoulder-bag :rolleyes:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3739/60693c2a633bb9951ed5ecc.jpg

*Raine
06-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I still can't remember him Herdwick, sorry. :p:dance::shrug: Might as well live in Denial Land.

EDIT: Hi Jelena!

Lee
06-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I still can't remember him Herdwick, sorry. :p:dance::shrug: Might as well live in DenialDENIAL Land.

EDIT: Hi Jelena!

fixed

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Robin Soderling :inlove:

Jelena_78
06-22-2009, 02:34 PM
But I won't be here :woohoo:

:rocker2: I also can't wait for July to go to the countryside :woohoo:

Jelena :hug: How are the preparations for Universiade? Unusual to have rain in Belgrade and dry weather here in London - our forecast is for sun/dry weather all week :tape: Alex will be delighted as he flies to Belgrade on Saturday for a week - sadly without me as I'm working :sad:

Take care and don't be a stranger - we miss you :kiss:

:tape: Universiade
We had a training 2 days ago. It was (only) 30 degrees (ok, it was probably 40+ on court) a guy fainted in front of us, we spent 1,5 hour on court, from 1 til 2.30pm, I was at home at 4, had a shower, relaxed, went out for a drink in the evening with my friend around 8pm and stil wasn't feeling well :mad:
I don't think I can do it. It will be much hotter in July, and we would have to spend half a day in the sun. :awww:

Hi Jelena!

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:40 PM

We had a training 2 days ago. It was (only) 30 degrees (ok, it was probably 40+ on court) a guy fainted in front of us, we spent 1,5 hour on court, from 1 til 2.30pm, I was at home at 4, had a shower, relaxed, went out for a drink in the evening with my friend around 8pm and stil wasn't feeling well :mad:
I don't think I can do it. It will be much hotter in July, and we would have to spend half a day in the sun. :awww:

:awww: But won't they change staff every 7 games like they do in normal matches? :confused: Would be too brutal otherwise in that heat for sure. They are advertising it non-stop on Eurosport at the moment - every time I see an ad I think of you :D

*Raine
06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Robin Soderling :inlove:

Any sign of Magnus? :inlove:

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Any sign of Magnus? :inlove:

No - not yet :sad:

Lee
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM

:rocker2:

Are you training for linesmen? Hydrate yourself and cap :shrug: And don't you supposed to be on court for an hour only?

*Raine
06-22-2009, 02:53 PM
No - not yet :sad:

I saw him!!!!! The stream keeps lagging though.

http://i39.tinypic.com/23u1wrb.jpg

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: dlkas hfashlhls dhdsjfsd *thud* He's the first person I saw when I opened the link.

Thanks Maria for the link.

*Ljubica*
06-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I saw him!!!!! The stream keeps lagging though.

http://i39.tinypic.com/23u1wrb.jpg

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: dlkas hfashlhls dhdsjfsd *thud* He's the first person I saw when I opened the link.

Thanks Maria for the link.

:lol: i've given up on the matches on my sh*tty TV now - have a livestream of Janko - so what more does a girl need? :D

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 03:38 PM
:wavey: I take back my gentle comments about Roger's outfit - I'd missed the bag :haha: What is he thinking of with that? :rolleyes:

Taste and discernment Mr F please :smash:

*Raine
06-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Always nice to see Magnus on the tv.... but please show Nole now. :mad::mad:

ellen_
06-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Guess who has tickets for Center Court tomorrow? :aparty:

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 07:53 PM

Attagirl! You've got Roddick and Andykins!

How the heck? No - not fair to ask what you had to do to get them :angel:

ellen_
06-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Ernie is 3rd match on Court 6 so that has priority of course :D But yes, I'm happy with Andy and Jeremy! "Hope" I'll get to see Murray on Thursday again...

And of course I won't tell what I had to do to get them :p

kalisita
06-22-2009, 07:58 PM

:aparty::yippee::aparty:

Fantastic news! :bigclap:

Lee
06-22-2009, 08:01 PM
fantastic ellen!

Herdwick
06-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Ernie is 3rd match on Court 6 so that has priority of course :D But yes, I'm happy with Andy and Jeremy! "Hope" I'll get to see Murray on Thursday again...

I have total faith in your integrity ;) Have a brilliant time!

Where did you end up staying in London btw?

*Raine
06-22-2009, 08:14 PM
fixed

:p

That's great news. :bowdown::woohoo:Go Ellen.

*Raine
06-23-2009, 11:04 AM
:wavey: I haven't slept yet since Novak's match last night. :o:haha::dance:

ellen_
06-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Saw of course Ernie's match today but didn't make it on Centre for Andy-Jeremy because Dimitrov retired... :awww: Did go on Centre for Murray-Kendrick afterwards though. I'm kinda deaf, jeez those Brits are loud!

Herdwick, we're staying at Earl's Court.

No Wimbledon tomorrow.

arm
06-24-2009, 10:13 AM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I DID IT!!! I passed Anatomy 2!! I had my last oral test today and he passed me. :D :banana:

I am so damn happy! I still have 5 exams left but I feel like I am already on hollidays! :bounce: After one passes Anatomy all exams go well. :bounce:

I miss you so much girls. :hug: But now that Anatomy is gone I can pop in everyday. :bounce:

And I can also cheer and watch Nole! :D

*Raine
06-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Ellen- Have fun and take care. Thanks for your post on my wall. Give my love to Magnus and Henman. :angel:

Raquel- That's really great.. congrats!!! I knew you can do it.

:sad: I doubt they will show Nole here, and a storm coming our city (really soon) is not good news either

kalisita
06-24-2009, 12:07 PM
:dance: Congratulations Raquel! :dance: Wonderful news! :dance:

*Ljubica*
06-24-2009, 12:11 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I DID IT!!! I passed Anatomy 2!! I had my last oral test today and he passed me. :D :banana:

I am so damn happy! I still have 5 exams left but I feel like I am already on hollidays! :bounce: After one passes Anatomy all exams go well. :bounce:

I miss you so much girls. :hug: But now that Anatomy is gone I can pop in everyday. :bounce:

And I can also cheer and watch Nole! :D

Raquel :hug: Congrats :bigclap:

arm
06-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Thank you girls :kiss:

I gave myself a present and went shopping. :rolls::o

arm
06-24-2009, 01:46 PM
I want Herdwick to tell me about the Hebrides :dance:

And everyone else to tell me the news. :bounce:

*Raine
06-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Thank you girls :kiss:

I gave myself a present and went shopping. :rolls::o

That's something I do too, next week I'll give myself a birthday present. :o

Herdwick
06-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Herdwick can bore for the nation about the Hebrides if you're really interested...stunningly gorgeous and we had lovely weather too. NW Scotland is the most beautiful place in Europe :inlove: I urge everyone to go at once.

Skye was absolutely packed with Germans and Dutch, even the French were there in force - all presumably taking advantage of the favourable exchange rate. There's always loads of Dutch caravanners in Scotland anyway but this year is just amazing.

arm
06-24-2009, 02:21 PM
That's something I do too, next week I'll give myself a birthday present. :o

Which day exactly? :p

Herdwick can bore for the nation about the Hebrides if you're really interested...stunningly gorgeous and we had lovely weather too. NW Scotland is the most beautiful place in Europe :inlove: I urge everyone to go at once.

Skye was absolutely packed with Germans and Dutch, even the French were there in force - all presumably taking advantage of the favourable exchange rate. There's always loads of Dutch caravanners in Scotland anyway but this year is just amazing.

Glad you enjoyed it. :bounce: Germany next? :D And after that? Any plans?

Herdwick
06-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry - I was dragged into a discussion on HESA system parameters :zzz:

Roger in shorts :awww: Still can't stand that bloody bag though...

Yep - Franconia to be precise and here for this . http://www.annafest.eu/

6 of us going - can't wait :bounce:

Can't take any time off from mid-August to mid_october due to work issues. Probably Britanny in October and possibly Vienna but nothing else settled.

arm
06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Sounds great, but then again, all your trips do. :rolls: :nerner:

I still don't know about my summer :shrug: but I won't make any plans until I finish my exams. :shrug:

*Raine
06-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Magnus again!!!! :angel: First person I saw when I clicked that link. :inlove:

http://i44.tinypic.com/546buq.jpg

Which day exactly? :p

Glad you enjoyed it. :bounce: Germany next? :D And after that? Any plans?

July 1 :angel:

arm
06-24-2009, 04:17 PM
July is a great minth :nerner: :rolls:

I am soo lazy today. :o :rolls:

*Raine
06-24-2009, 06:54 PM
July is a great minth :nerner: :rolls:

I am soo lazy today. :o :rolls:

What is minth? :confused: :scratch:

I've been so lazy today too. The other day I didn't sleep for more than 24 hours. :o

ellen_
06-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Centre Court again tomorrow :woohoo: Need a drink now, in stead of going camping.

ellen_
06-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Ticketmaster sells tickets every night at 8.30 ;)

Herdwick
06-24-2009, 07:59 PM
:woohoo: indeed - 2 days!

Please tell me how you've managed it? Having no useful contacts, my friend and I used to sleep on the pavement so I am most jealous.

Herdwick
06-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Ticketmaster sells tickets every night at 8.30 ;)

You're kidding! I never knew that....£50!

But when I was a student back in the stone age we had no such luxuries as the web.:sad:

No catch - it's all kosher? So why are people still sleeping on the pavement :scratch:

Herdwick
06-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Am intrigued - so do you just pick them up from the AELTC the next morning? Or print them out yourself there and then?

arm
06-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Raine, I meant "month"! :rolls:

And ellen, that is such great news! :bounce:

Good morning everyone :wavey:

Herdwick
06-25-2009, 11:31 AM
:wavey: Morning Fortuna and all

Life is fun :D It needs saying sometimes.:bounce:

*Raine
06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Herdwick: :wavey: I'm glad you had a great time in your trip. I would love to visit Scotland one day.

Raine, I meant "month"! :rolls:

And ellen, that is such great news! :bounce:

Good morning everyone :wavey:

Thought so, but then again I figured that it might be another English word that I don't know about. :o July is definitely a great month, I hope someone I like wins on my birthday. Last year Clement lost on my day. *sigh*

arm
06-25-2009, 03:30 PM
:wavey: Morning Fortuna and all

Life is fun :D It needs saying sometimes.:bounce:

Yes, it is! :rolls: Though I must confess it looked a lot more fun yesterday after I passed Anatomy. Now that I have to study Biology it looks a bit more boring. :awww: :rolls:

:kiss:

Herdwick: :wavey: I'm glad you had a great time in your trip. I would love to visit Scotland one day.

Thought so, but then again I figured that it might be another English word that I don't know about. :o July is definitely a great month, I hope someone I like wins on my birthday. Last year Clement lost on my day. *sigh*

For me, the funniest thing is that my bet friend from college has the same birthday as I do! :rolls: :D

*Raine
06-26-2009, 04:15 AM
RIP Michael Jackson, one of my music idols of all time. :sad: :sobbing:

ellewoods
06-26-2009, 05:45 AM
I am so sad about MJ :sobbing: I have been pumping Billie Jean on repeat.

*Raine
06-26-2009, 06:15 AM
I am so sad about MJ :sobbing: I have been pumping Billie Jean on repeat.

I watched Black Or White today. :awww: :sobbing:

Btw I like Milo Ventimiglia too. :angel:

ellen_
06-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Back home :sobbing: And I don't wanna see Murray for a while now. Every newspaper, corner, Wimbledon,... even at Madame Tussauds. It was just too much for me :lol: I'm sad.

You're kidding! I never knew that....£50!

But when I was a student back in the stone age we had no such luxuries as the web.:sad:

No catch - it's all kosher? So why are people still sleeping on the pavement :scratch:

Am intrigued - so do you just pick them up from the AELTC the next morning? Or print them out yourself there and then?

Apparently with the new roof they have added some extra seats...? Or something like that. They are at the top of Centre Court. You just go to that Ticketmaster website and try to get tickets at 8.30pm. The only catch is that you have to be bloody fast :lol: They can be sold out after 20 seconds. You can try as many times as you want, and then you can just print them out.

Herdwick
06-26-2009, 11:57 AM
:wavey: Welcome back - glad you had fun. Watched the match in the bar last night - shame about Ernie but feared he'd get squashed.

Agree totally re the Murray overload - I like him very much but am almost finding myself wanting him to lose :banghead: - which is totally unfair to him I know - he loathes all the fuss himself.

Never even think to look about W tickets - had always assumed they're as impossible to get as always or only available to those with the right connections :rolleyes:

ellen_
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Had expected a loss too but it's always sad when it actually happens. I had expected some more fight from Ernests though, and less drops, and less trying to rally with Murray,... :smash:

Anyway, will fully focus on Nole now :D

For the interested ones, the pictures of my trip http://picasaweb.google.be/ellenv88/Wimbledon09#

kalisita
06-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Welcome back Ellen! Sorry you had to suffer through Murray Mania first hand. :hug: Thanks for the pics. :)

Herdwick
06-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Ellen - thanks. Sorry you had to suffer Madame Tussauds - I always feel people should get their money back - it's a rip-off:mad:. My friend used to work there when she was a student and she always felt embarrassed.

ellen_
06-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I had prefered to go to Sea life or the Zoo but I had the impression that my friend wasn't really up for that. I thought those people at Madame Tussauds would look real, now they just look like giant dolls. And we were like 'Oh is this the exit already?? :eek:"

arm
06-27-2009, 10:16 AM
:bounce: 3 in 6 exams done. :bounce: Not sure if I pass the last 2 though :unsure:. :rolls:

Let's see. :)

It's been quiet here the last few day, isn't it? :scratch: :awww:

Where has Rosie been? :awww:

Herdwick
06-27-2009, 11:07 AM
:wavey: Courage braveheart - you'll be fine.

When do you find out?

ellen_
06-28-2009, 09:21 AM
:shrug: :rolleyes: I wish they knew that people actually start to dislike Andy because of all this crap, and it has nothing to do with the guy himself.

http://www.mytennis.be/blogfoto/murraygod.jpg

arm
06-28-2009, 12:20 PM
:bounce:

I have another one tomorrow. :rolls: :spit:

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 12:47 PM
:bounce:

I have another one tomorrow. :rolls: :spit:

Good luck :hug:

It's been quiet here the last few day, isn't it? :scratch: :awww:

Where has Rosie been? :awww:

Haven't been anywhere - just not really posting much at the moment :shrug: I'm on this Forum every day and read everything - still love Nole to distraction and support him 100% - just prefer to "lurk" a bit more right now. Thanks for missing me though :hug:

ellen_
06-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Good luck, Raquel. Ace it! :dance:

Rosie :wavey:

I hate middle Sundays and I miss London/Wimbledon :sobbing:

*Raine
06-28-2009, 05:33 PM
:wavey: Rose, I'm glad you're back posting here again.

Good luck Raquel :D

and yes Ellen, I'm going to bed now. :p :haha:

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Good luck, Raquel. Ace it! :dance:

Rosie :wavey:

I hate middle Sundays and I miss London/Wimbledon :sobbing:

Ellen :hug: It's hot and sticky and humid and vile :p You're not missing anything - believe me!

Raine :wavey: :kiss:

ellen_
06-28-2009, 06:30 PM
It's worse here than it was there, believe me :p Hitting the 30s for days now, no wind, humid. I'm sure there have been at least 5 Brits who complained to me about the heat, while I was still there in a cardigan. You're just not used to sun :lol: I've been in the sun during Erno's R1 match, in a jeans and a polo - while other people wearing almost no clothes were close to fainting.

Btw - it is rather chilly at the top of Centre Court. I was wondering if they also used the airconditioning then. I have no idea where all the cold air came from, but it sure felt like airco.

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 06:51 PM
It's worse here than it was there, believe me :p Hitting the 30s for days now, no wind, humid. I'm sure there have been at least 5 Brits who complained to me about the heat, while I was still there in a cardigan. You're just not used to sun :lol: I've been in the sun during Erno's R1 match, in a jeans and a polo - while other people wearing almost no clothes were close to fainting.

Btw - it is rather chilly at the top of Centre Court. I was wondering if they also used the airconditioning then. I have no idea where all the cold air came from, but it sure felt like airco.

:lol: Yes - it's true that as a nation we're very unused to the heat and not that keen on it. It's around 30C here now I guess and I hate it - especially when it's humid too - we had thunder yesterday :eek: Can't go to work in almost no clothes tomorrow of course, but will wear the lightest, thinnest linen dress that I can get away with, and hope not to faint.

Not sure about the air-con on Centre, but perhaps they have :shrug: I'm sure Ernie kept you warm anyway :D

ellen_
06-28-2009, 07:04 PM
:lol: Yes - it's true that as a nation we're very unused to the heat and not that keen on it. It's around 30C here now I guess and I hate it - especially when it's humid too - we had thunder yesterday :eek: Can't go to work in almost no clothes tomorrow of course, but will wear the lightest, thinnest linen dress that I can get away with, and hope not to faint.

Not sure about the air-con on Centre, but perhaps they have :shrug: I'm sure Ernie kept you warm anyway :D

Warm from nerves/frustrations/annoyment/and other emotions, very warm in fact - not so much from Ernie himself :lol:

They keep foreseeing storms here too but I haven't seen one single drop of rain yet :shrug:

But you know, it's not really London that I miss. It's just the travelling that I'm getting addicted to. And watching live tennis/Ernests :p

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Warm from nerves/frustrations/annoyment/and other emotions, very warm in fact - not so much from Ernie himself :lol:

They keep foreseeing storms here too but I haven't seen one single drop of rain yet :shrug:

But you know, it's not really London that I miss. It's just the travelling that I'm getting addicted to. And watching live tennis/Ernests :p

We didn't have much rain yesterday - just the thunder :help: A few drops this afternoon but nothing bad - thugh some areas haven't been so fortunate.

And I know what you mean about missing the travelling/live tennis. I used to do so much more than I do now - before I got together with Alex I was away to so many tournaments, even if it was only for a weekend _ i loved it :D. It's addictive! But now there is someone else to consider and having to share the bills/pool finances etc, so I'm not quite so crazy :o But I do miss it too, and I do still get away as often as I can.

So when is your next live tennis event?

ellen_
06-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Until now, it's the World Tour Finals in London in November :sobbing: But it depends on where Erno will play etc... If he's close, I'm sure I won't be able to stay at home :lol:

arm
06-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Rosie, ellen and Raine :kiss: :hug:

:banghead: This damn thing I am studying now is as stupid as possible :mad:... Medical Sociology. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Until now, it's the World Tour Finals in London in November :sobbing: But it depends on where Erno will play etc... If he's close, I'm sure I won't be able to stay at home :lol:

Maybe he'll play some of the little Summer clay tourneys? Or at least one of the Autumn hardcourt ones in September/October?

Rosie, ellen and Raine :kiss: :hug:

:banghead: This damn thing I am studying now is as stupid as possible :mad:... Medical Sociology. :shrug:

Raquel :kiss: Be strong - will all be over soon.

arm
06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks, Rosie. :hug: I know. :bounce:

New avy :bounce: :kiss: Sorry Nole, you can't always have my full attention and dedication. :nerner:

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks, Rosie. :hug: I know. :bounce:

New avy :bounce: :kiss: Sorry Nole, you can't always have my full attention and dedication. :nerner:

That's right :lol: You must make him fight for your attentions. Treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen :p

arm
06-28-2009, 07:33 PM
That's right :lol: You must make him fight for your attentions. Treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen :p

:rolls: I should do that. :bounce:

Though I must confess I am a bit :mad: at Nole for notinviting me to go on hollidays with him and Jelena after Wimby. :fiery: The 3 of us could have such fun. :haha:

ellen_
06-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Maybe he'll play some of the little Summer clay tourneys? Or at least one of the Autumn hardcourt ones in September/October?

He's not gonna play until Indianapolis now :tape: Then he's in the States until USO. Maybe Metz again afterwards, like last year - because I don't think he'll go back to Bucarest to play on clay (to go back to hardcourt afterwards, with the knee probs etc). Then he'll probably leave to the East, maybe St Petersburg and Paris after. So yeah... the best part of the season is over :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 07:39 PM
He's not gonna play until Indianapolis now :tape: Then he's in the States until USO. Maybe Metz again afterwards, like last year - because I don't think he'll go back to Bucarest to play on clay (to go back to hardcourt afterwards, with the knee probs etc). Then he'll probably leave to the East, maybe St Petersburg and Paris after. So yeah... the best part of the season is over :lol:

Yes it is - you're right. I actually hate the part of the season between Wimby at October - everything in funny time zones and too faraway to get to. :sad: I still hope to go to Basel followed by the weekend for quallies at Bercy on my way home. Was thinking about DC in Serbia, but frankly it's not the most excitng tie (Uzbekistan :rolleyes: ) and Nole may not even play more than one match - so I might not go after all.

:rolls: I should do that. :bounce:

Though I must confess I am a bit :mad: at Nole for notinviting me to go on hollidays with him and Jelena after Wimby. :fiery: The 3 of us could have such fun. :haha:

:lol: Maybe Jelena wouldn't let him :tape:

arm
06-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Ellen, Rose :wavey: I shall dig my head once again in my books.

Later :wavey::hug:

ellen_
06-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh I forgot! I might be going to the DC tie between Belgium and Poland :lol: But it's quite far for me (Charleroi) so I'll probably change my mind. I thought about going to the tie between Latvia and Bulgaria, but Ernests won't play so I'll save the money ;) I like the other players too but Bulgaria is not THAT close for me.

Raquel :wavey: Keep it up, chica. You're almost there :hug:

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Oh I forgot! I might be going to the DC tie between Belgium and Poland :lol: But it's quite far for me (Charleroi) so I'll probably change my mind. I thought about going to the tie between Latvia and Bulgaria, but Ernests won't play so I'll save the money ;) I like the other players too but Bulgaria is not THAT close for me.

Belgium is a hell of a lot easier than Bulgaria :lol: Why won't Ernests play or Latvia though? :confused: Surely he's their best player?

Ellen, Rose :wavey: I shall dig my head once again in my books.

Later :wavey::hug:

Take care :hug: Later :kiss:

ellen_
06-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Belgium is a hell of a lot easier than Bulgaria :lol: Why won't Ernests play or Latvia though? :confused: Surely he's their best player?

He is their best player, yes. He wants to be better prepared for the hardcourt season :shrug: I'm still quite sceptical about the way he plans things and such. I understand he needs rest but he loses in R1 and R2 so often, it might do him well to be in action for a longer period. DC is also the perfect way to rediscover some forgotten fighting skills.

Anyway, someone just called me to say that he loves me and I have no idea who it was. It was a private number so it will stay a mystery... :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 08:09 PM
He is their best player, yes. He wants to be better prepared for the hardcourt season :shrug: I'm still quite sceptical about the way he plans things and such. I understand he needs rest but he loses in R1 and R2 so often, it might do him well to be in action for a longer period. DC is also the perfect way to rediscover some forgotten fighting skills.

Anyway, someone just called me to say that he loves me and I have no idea who it was. It was a private number so it will stay a mystery... :rolleyes:

:lol: Are you sure you're telling everything about your Wimby trip? Did you leave a trail of broken hearts behind you in London?

As for Ernie - guess he knows what he's doing with his schedule :shrug: Though he's a man, and we all know they can be mighty strange at times :o

ellen_
06-28-2009, 08:18 PM
:lol: Are you sure you're telling everything about your Wimby trip? Did you leave a trail of broken hearts behind you in London?

As for Ernie - guess he knows what he's doing with his schedule :shrug: Though he's a man, and we all know they can be mighty strange at times :o

I know we're becoming famous right now - being on pictures in the crowd/Brits talking on the net about fans behind them on Centre supporting for the Latvian opponent, which they thought was annoying/etc... But unfortunately it was a Flemish guy with an accent of Gent :help: Which I totally loathe.

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
I know we're becoming famous right now - being on pictures in the crowd/Brits talking on the net about fans behind them on Centre supporting for the Latvian opponent, which they thought was annoying/etc... But unfortunately it was a Flemish guy with an accent of Gent :help: Which I totally loathe.

:lol: Are they really talking about you on the Net? LOL! Where? Fans at Wimby can be like that though :shrug: I swear I almost got lynched one year for supoorting Goran when he played a 5-setter against Chris Bailey :o Made it worse that I was English - they didn't get it at all :o Thought I was a traitor :o Idiots.

Sorry about the Flemish guy though - better luck next time :D

ellen_
06-28-2009, 08:30 PM
From a livejournal blog: "i heard there were 2 girls in CC last night supporting ernests, who were right behind another friend of mine and she was getting rather annoyed with them. :P and some other random woman who were shouting for ernie."

The whole bloody crowd kept talking during play, making lame jokes as "come on, Tim!" or "come on, Rafa!", receiving phonecalls, ooooh-ing, etc - but 2 innocent girls yelling Come on Ernests at the most respectful moments was definitely more annoying! I did say "shut the fuck up" though :shrug:, but that was at the end of the third set already.

*Ljubica*
06-28-2009, 08:44 PM
From a livejournal blog: "i heard there were 2 girls in CC last night supporting ernests, who were right behind another friend of mine and she was getting rather annoyed with them. :P and some other random woman who were shouting for ernie."

The whole bloody crowd kept talking during play, making lame jokes as "come on, Tim!" or "come on, Rafa!", receiving phonecalls, ooooh-ing, etc - but 2 innocent girls yelling Come on Ernests at the most respectful moments was definitely more annoying! I did say "shut the fuck up" though :shrug:, but that was at the end of the third set already.

:lol: Wish I'd been there to hear/see the "shut the f*** up" :tape: Agree the crowd's "ooooh-ing" can be even more irritating than some other countries noises - they synchronise it so well :rolleyes: Can't imagine how poor Nole would ever deal with that crowd should he get to the Final and play Murray :help: Not that I expect him to get to the final of course :tape: But speaking hypothetically.

Anyway - I have to go now - work tomorrow :rolleyes: And a VERY early start so I can try and get home to watch as much of Nole as possible.

Take care :hug:

ellen_
06-28-2009, 08:54 PM
The best thing I thought was someone yelling "come on Andy, 4 aces!" after he hit 3 and was 40-0 up. Then he double faulted :spit:

Goodnight! :wavey: :hug:

*Raine
06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
I live in a tropical country but I've always hated the heat, especially when it reaches 33 to 35 degrees Celcius. :( I wish we have autumn and winter here.

Raquel, you can do it.. don't give up.

Surely what they did were more annoying than girls cheering for Ernie. :hug:

Reminds me of my college basketball adventures, where I would sit on the side of the opponent's team and cheer loudly for my team :devil: (I don't have a choice if it's packed already). I knew the fans were badmouthing me behind my back.

*Ljubica*
06-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Kom igen Robin :devil: