It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. [Archive] - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Noleta
06-06-2009, 03:01 PM
The British Tennis Association does not want to encourage anyone into the game unless they come from the "right" background and have the right title :rolleyes: And - yes - it really is like that here, I'm not joking at all :sad:

That's pretty sad really:sad:and yet thezy complain about the lack of talent in Britain:mad:how come!!

arm
06-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Well, in my honest opinion, and I seriously hope I am not offending anyone, but that what you should expect in a country whose regimen is Monarchy. :shrug:

I mean, all this "I was born from person X so I get to govern my country" thing is so wrong. :shrug:

But I do understand that Brits or Spaniards are to used to it to understand my point of view. :)

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 03:03 PM
That's pretty sad really:sad:and yet thezy complain about the lack of talent in Britain:mad:how come!!

Honestly- if the talent came up and hit them in the face they wouldn't want it, if it was the "wrong colour", spoke the "wrong way", or came from the "wrong side of the tracks":spit:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, in my honest opinion, and I seriously hope I am not offending anyone, but that what you should expect in a country whose regimen is Monarchy. :shrug:

I mean, all this "I was born from person X so I get to govern my country" thing is so wrong. :shrug:

But I do understand that Brits or Spaniards are to used to it to understand my point of view. :)

I agree with you here. I don't care about kings or queens, they didn't prove anything :shrug: They were more important in history, but not anymore.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 03:09 PM

Hear what you're saying, although Britain's class system is a very complex issue, and I think it was even worse and more heirarchical during the short period we did have a "republic" and no monarchy :shrug: I personally have no problem with the monarcy - our Queen has no power and makes no constitutional decisions, and I would rather her than some power-hungry politician as the head of my country. But I can see your point of view.

And having said that, I will admit here fair and square that I myself am somewhat from the "class" (dreadful word:o ) that runs tennis in the UK :o I went to a "posh" private girls' school, and my parents were members of a tennis club etc, but I still think the way things are run here is wrong.

arm
06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I agree with you here. I don't care about kings or queens, they didn't prove anything :shrug: They were more important in history, but not anymore.

Well, this is a very difficult issue and a very problematic one as well.

A lot of people can really get very upset if you tell them to the face that you think a Monarchy is "a thing of the past".

But truth is, what makes Prince Williams more capable or dersing of governing and entire country than Rosie or Herdwick. :p :rolls:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 03:11 PM

A lot of people can really get very upset if you tell them to the face that you think a Monarchy is "a thing of the past".

But truth is, what makes Prince Williams more capable or dersing of governing and entire country than Rosie or Herdwick. :p :rolls:

I know, Belgians usually don't have problems with it but I think especially Brits and Spaniards do.

The image of Rose and Herdwick leading the country is :haha: Maybe they would do good together.

I will pull back from this monarchy-matter now btw :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 03:13 PM

He doesn't govern at all - that's the point:shrug: He is merely a figurehead, that does bring a lot of money into the country through tourism etc,and the very presence of the monarcy stops the kind of problems, that many other places have, where poltical differences can tear the country apart, and they are run my one power-hungry fool after another. Just my opinion anyway.

Must say I would be very interested to read Herdwick's views on this, because at the end of the day, I know I am from the "posh" Home Counties South :o and she is from Scotland, and the North/South divide is often VERY wide on these kinds of subjects.

arm
06-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Hear what you're saying, although Britain's class system is a very complex issue, and I think it was even worse and more heirarchical during the short period we did have a "republic" and no monarchy :shrug: I personally have no problem with the monarcy - our Queen has no power and makes no constitutional decisions, and I would rather her than some power-hungry politician as the head of my country. But I can see your point of view.

And having said that, I will admit here fair and square that I myself am somewhat from the "class" (dreadful word:o ) that runs tennis in the UK :o I went to a "posh" private girls' school, and my parents were members of a tennis club etc, but I still think the way things are run here is wrong.

Well, truth is, it's easy for me to talk from outside. :shrug: I don't understand the whole thing and how it works.

But in its basic meaning, I stand completely against any kind Monarchies or regimen that benifits any person considering his DNA. :shrug:

I mea, Republics :spit: are far from being perfec - take Portugal as an example. But truth is, I'd rather live a sh*ty republic like Portuguese is ATM, with this Prime Minister :spit: whose actions have only benefited the rich than in a Monarchy who works just fine. :shrug: It's just the concept that I can't tolerate for myself.

Noleta
06-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Honestly- if the talent came up and hit them in the face they wouldn't want it, if it was the "wrong colour", spoke the "wrong way", or came from the "wrong side of the tracks":spit:

I'd like to think that this will change there is no place for such things now days:sad:

arm
06-06-2009, 03:19 PM
He doesn't govern at all - that's the point:shrug: He is merely a figurehead, that does bring a lot of money into the country through tourism etc,and the very presence of the monarcy stops the kind of problems, that many other places have, where poltical differences can tear the country apart, and they are run my one power-hungry fool after another. Just my opinion anyway.

Must say I would be very interested to read Herdwick's views on this, because at the end of the day, I know I am from the "posh" Home Counties South :o and she is from Scotland, and the North/South divide is often VERY wide on these kinds of subjects.

Like I said, I do understand your npoint of view.

But the thing I have always defended is equality of rights. And regardless of the benefits that it may bring, for me the whole cobcept is wrong. :shrug:

arm
06-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Girls, I really like discussing these issues and questions which have no perfect answer/sollution.

But I really need to go. :awww: Am going to study the genital organs. :tape:

:kiss::hug:

Noleta
06-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Girls, I really like discussing these issues and questions which have no perfect answer/sollution.

But I really need to go. :awww: Am going to study the genital organs. :tape:

:kiss::hug:

Genital organs:lol:have fun:wavey:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Well, truth is, it's easy for me to talk from outside. :shrug: I don't understand the whole thing and how it works.

But in its basic meaning, I stand completely against any kind Monarchies or regimen that benifits any person considering his DNA. :shrug:

I mea, Republics :spit: are far from being perfec - take Portugal as an example. But truth is, I'd rather live a sh*ty republic like Portuguese is ATM, with this Prime Minister :spit: whose actions have only benefited the rich than in a Monarchy who works just fine. :shrug: It's just the concept that I can't tolerate for myself.

Guess it is so ingrained in most of us that it is rarely questioned. Having said that, I am certainly not a rampant monarchist, and wouldn't go out of my way to go and see them or line the streets to "pay respects" or anything like that - but the Queen has been our Queen since long before I was born, and her presence is kind of comforting in a strange way if that makes sense :shrug:It knd of adds some kind of sense of security, continuity and safety in some way :shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Genital organs:lol:have fun:wavey:

:lol:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Still no draw :banghead: :explode: Why do those ceremonies always have to be full of 'blah blah'? Cut the crap and draw, please.

Noleta
06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Still no draw :banghead: :explode: Why do those ceremonies always have to be full of 'blah blah'? Cut the crap and draw, please.

:hug:i totally agree:D

ellen_
06-06-2009, 04:05 PM
It's all okay :yippee: The draw it out.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 04:11 PM
It's all okay :yippee: The draw it out.

Nice draw for Ernests - you must be happy :D

ellen_
06-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Nice draw for Ernests - you must be happy :D

It's not too bad. He should reach at least R3 :shrug:

arm
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
BTW, I'd like to hear Herdwick's opinion on the matter as well. :bounce:

But it's been a busy week in Herdwick's tower, she is probably getting ready for those islands whose name I never remember. :tape:

arm
06-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I remembered! It's Hebrides! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 04:42 PM
It's not too bad. He should reach at least R3 :shrug:

Then I have more chance to see him :D

I remembered! It's Hebrides! :bounce:

Jeez it will be cold up there :eek: It's always a good 10-15 C degrees lower in The Hebrides than in London, and I was wearing boots and gloves at Queens today :eek:

arm
06-06-2009, 04:45 PM
where can I see the draw? :confused:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 04:46 PM
where can I see the draw? :confused:

On the tournament Cheering Thread :D

arm
06-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Then I have more chance to see him :D

Jeez it will be cold up there :eek: It's always a good 10-15 C degrees lower in The Hebrides than in London, and I was wearing boots and gloves at Queens today :eek:

That is why she is getting ready for it. :rolls: :tape: Hope she doesn't freeze.

Though I know that when you say you wear gloves in a certain place I'd be wearing just a shirt and a jacket. :nerner:

On the tournament Cheering Thread :D

Sure :tape:

How about Halle's draw? when will it be out?

ellen_
06-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Sure :tape:

How about Halle's draw? when will it be out?

Do you wanna know the MD of Queens? :scratch: Because the draw of Halle is in the tournament cheering thread, as Rose said.

Queens: http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/1/posting/2009/311/mds.pdf

Halle: http://www.gerryweber-open.de/de/ergebnisse/singles-draw/

arm
06-06-2009, 04:54 PM
:rolls: I guess this much Anatomy can only do me bad. :tape:

I have seen Queens, am going to see Halle's now. :D

arm
06-06-2009, 04:58 PM
No SB in Nole's half :woohoo:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 05:02 PM
:wavey:

Evening my fellow republicans.

And Rosie :D

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 05:12 PM

Evening my fellow republicans.

And Rosie :D

Herdwick :wavey: Somehow I knew you would be :p

ellen_
06-06-2009, 05:16 PM
:wavey: Evening, H.

Andy Murray tweeted again :zzz: He either has to learn how to use proper punctuation or I have to go back to English class. He's so confusing.

"andy_murray Rob stewart is a liverpool fan embarrassing as he's never been to watch them!!"

"andy_murray Just finished hitting with hewitt on the grass, playing dubs with him this week should be fun, rob needs to chill out"

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Russians and the French had the right idea if you ask me.:lol:

Mind you, so did the English back in 1649 but they all went soft.:rolls:

The Times does a nice line in hereditary journalists too, doesn't it Giles Coren?:D

I apologise for Andy's illiteracy. Don't think they teach punctuation in schools these days.

Snowing in the Cairngorms btw - sing ho for the Hebrides:bounce:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Russians and the French had the right idea if you ask me.:lol:

Mind you, so did the English back in 1649 but they all went soft.:rolls:

The Times does a nice line in hereditary journalists too, doesn't it Giles Coren?:D

I apologise for Andy's illiteracy. Don't think they teach punctuation in schools these days.

Snowing in the Cairngorms btw - sing ho for the Hebrides:bounce:

It's those bloody Russian Revolutionaries that drove my Mother's family out of Moscow to the wilds on darkest Belarus :devil: And can't deny when I was a school, I always :inlove: the pretty cavaliers and loathed the boring Roundheads :armed:

Snowing in The Cairngorms :eek: Feels like ir's almost bloody snowing here :spit:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Am not a Communist - that's entirely different territory.
I only want the Royals and their hangers-on decapitated - nothing against your mum's family. (She wasn't a Romanov I presume?:D)

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Am not a Communist - that's entirely different territory.
I only want the Royals and their hangers-on decapitated - nothing against your mum's family. (She wasn't a Romanov I presume?:D)

Decapitation is a nasty way to go - way too much mess :devil:

And - no - she wasn't - just from another "noble" family that had to flee and ended up in a garrett somewhere :o I have no royal blood that I'm aware of :awww:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 05:45 PM
But effective. And after all, it was their ancestors' favourite method for centuries and they're very fond of tradition.

We lesser mortals would have been hanged, drawn and quartered - remember William Wallace. So I reckon decapitation would be letting 'em off lightly:devil:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 05:51 PM
But effective. And after all, it was their ancestors favourite method for centuries and they're very fond of tradition.

We lesser mortals would have been hanged, drawn and quartered - remember William Wallace. So I reckon decapitation would be letting 'em off lightly:devil:

I am currently eating a slice of lemon cheescake. And yes I know we're eating "healthily" but it's my turn to have stomach ache today :awww: and I was so p*****off after the Queens debacle, that I treated myself - so talk of hanging/drawing/quartering :bolt: goes down delightfully with it :D

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Ok - let us move on from bloody dispatches and retreat to comforting domesticity.

New fridge freezer is cavernous and a huge success. Nice lunch out with friends today and am now trying to summon the energy to do some ironing. Have also got to pack things away before the re-wiring.

Have I driven the others away? :sad:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Definitely me :bigcry: You compared Sebastian Vettel with Prince William. Now that will never get erased out of my memory again.

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 06:04 PM
It's only that photo - you must admit there's a resemblance. :rolls:

Thought I should warn you in case people thought you were a closet monarchist!

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok - let us move on from bloody dispatches and retreat to comforting domesticity.

New fridge freezer is cavernous and a huge success. Nice lunch out with friends today and am now trying to summon the energy to do some ironing. Have also got to pack things away before the re-wiring.

Have I driven the others away? :sad:

They're scared of being decapitated :eek: No - probably just eating - or even may have lives and be out on a Saturday night - unlike us old dears :p

:yeah: For the fridge freezer - glad it's a success - it damn well should be for the price :p Hope JP treats it well........ and I only say that, because I asked Alex to change the bag in the hoover earlier this week - and the next thing I knew, the damned hoover was in bits all over the kitchen floor :banghead: Men :rolleyes:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Maybe, but now I see him in every pic :shrug: I can't find a better one :rolls:

Thanks for the warning anyway :spit:

Andy Roddick tweeted about Andy Murray :worship:

"Andy Murray at practice. Thoughts on the hat???"

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Well I could have got a cheaper one - £300 or so but I loathe defrosting them so it seemed worth paying extra for one which is hassle-free.

JP is just happy cos it's a Bosch - we had a Zanussi before and he insists all our appliances are German.

Ellen - have the one where you can see his hair instead :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe, but now I see him in every pic :shrug: I can't find a better one :rolls:

Thanks for the warning anyway :spit:

Andy Roddick tweeted about Andy Murray :worship:

"Andy Murray at practice. Thoughts on the hat???"

Ah -the precious indoor practice courts where non-members are not allowed to step :spit:

Nice hat btw :lol:

And I am going offline for a while now - maybe catch you later :kiss:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 06:30 PM
:lol:He obviously saw the model worn by dear Cristiano on his holidays.

Bring back the Saltire cap - that was great

Ellen - that's much better :yeah:

:wavey: Rosie

ellen_
06-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Ellen - have the one where you can see his hair instead :rolls:

:spit: I still see Prince William in this one though, pff. The younger version.

Bye, Rosie :wavey:

I'm thinking if I feel good enough to go out :rolleyes: I so wanna have a drink, but I'm still having a cold :fiery:

*Raine
06-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Why am I still awake? :confused: Oh right, I woke up at 3:30 pm today. :o So I'm not yet sleepy.

Rose: I'm sorry you had a bad day. :sad:

Raquel: Congrats in your exam.

Herdwick: I know you missed me, I missed you too. :haha:

And Ellen: :p He still looks like Prince Williams.

^^ :haha:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Chick fight on Twitter :worship: Andy Murray wrote: Anyone seen andy roddicks hats? They have really nice sweat stains on them cause he never washes them and thinks they r lucky

He just has to become a tad more creative in his jokes. But he'll get there, I'm sure :hug:

*Raine
06-06-2009, 06:59 PM
:wavey: Off to bed.

:haha: At Andy M's twitter post. I wonder what Andy R would say.

ellen_
06-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Night, Raine :wavey:

Guess I'd better start watching a movie...

arm
06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
:shout: I missed all the fun, evethough I was studying genital organs. :rolls: :o

I am not a communist, or a fascist :shrug: I am just a sybarite who enjoys having an opinion on everything and lloking at the pig picture. :rolls: But I really am a republican. :nerner:

arm
06-06-2009, 08:19 PM
HERDWICK!! :mad::shout: Tha avy :confused:. Nole must feel like you left him. :shrug:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Signs of personality from Andykins? Should be encouraged.:D

Republican or republican - the former makes you an acolyte of George Bush so hope the latter...:lol:

:rolls: Rest assured; it's only temporary - but he needs us longtime loyal fans tomorrow.:hug: Emote-fest beckons regardless I feel.

arm
06-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Signs of personality from Andykins? Should be encouraged...:D

Republican or republican - the former makes you an acolyte of George Bush so hiope the latter...:lol:

I stand corrected. :nerner: And Andykins does have personality, nobody should question that. :rolls:

As for the avy, well :rolleyes:... :nerner:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Whose genitals BTW? Or shouldn't I ask?

arm
06-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Whose genitals BTW? Or shouldn't I ask?

Frank Netter draw them so I guess it's his and his wife's, Vera - to whom he dedicated the book? :confused: :shrug:

:rolls:

I don't like Nole's outfit for wimby. :awww:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Oo - does it work now? *Goes to look again*

Michelin or Continental tyres?

Different I guess. Let's hopwe he survives long enough this year for us to get bored with it at least.

arm
06-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Hana posted a link that works. ;)

http://www.netterimages.com/

arm
06-06-2009, 08:32 PM
http://knol.google.com/k/-/-/1phs16i73la7p/ss9ofw/pouch-of-douglas.bmp

one of the pages that helped me with my studying. :p Though that is not what I have to study, that just helps me locate everything and understand the positio, rellations, parts, etc..

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Reminds me of that Gunther von Hagens 'Bodyworlds' exhibition

http://www.rcsed.ac.uk/site/455/default.aspx

If you're ever in Edinburgh this is worth a visit.

As is this in London.

http://www.rcseng.ac.uk/museums

arm
06-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Looks interesting! :bounce:

And of course I will go to Edimburgh one day.. unless I die before I hit 30. :shrug:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Well Edinburgh is by far the most stunning city in the UK. Not that I am biased of course...

arm
06-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Well Edinburgh is by far the most stunning city in the UK. Not that I am biased of course...

I have always wanted to go to Edimburgh ever since I studyed the UK in my English class back in my 5th grade. :rolls: 8 years ago. :rolls:

BTW, there's is something I haven0t share here yet. Next year I am going to start preparing my Erasmust program year and if everything goes right, my 3rd year will be spent studying abroad. :D

I am so excited. I have been thinking about thsi and have it all planned in my head. :bounce:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Where are you thinking of going?

arm
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
If I could choose any coutry at all, it would be Austria or Czech Republic, because of its location: central Europe. from there I can get almost everywhere I want in Europe. :D

But it depends a lot on which schools have an agreements with my Faculty and a bit on a friend of mine who wants to go to. And we could go together. :shrug: She wants Italy, but I find Italy way to expensive to live in :bolt: and I have to think about the money as well. :shrug: Let's see..

Besides, if I had to spend that much money, I'd rather go to London :inlove: than Italy. :shrug:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Nice choices country-wise - adore both Vienna and Prague. How's your German/Czech? Or would you do the year in English?

arm
06-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Nice choices country-wise - adore both Vienna and Prague. How's your German/Czech? Or would you do the year in English?

:rolls: I know how to say "bye", "sh*t", "police" and count from 1 to 5 in German. :tape: No, all the classes would be in English. *phew* And so will the exams!

You think? What would you advise me? I mean of all the countries? Not just these 2.

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Both totally knockout cities - really hard to choose. Which universities does Coimbra have links with under Erasmus?

Personally I'm not an Italy fan - too chaotic, dramatic and expensive - but am aware JP and I are probably alone in this view.

UK is boring, you don't like the food and descending into political chaos so avoid us like the plague!

arm
06-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Both totally knockout cities - really hard to choose. Which universities does Coimbra have links with under Erasmus?

I still don't know. What I know is what people have told me. I'll only start preparing this in September. :)

I «'ve been told the best for us would be Netherlands and Germany. But it also has with some cities in Italy, Czech Replubic.. and a lot more. :shrug:

In September, when I start planning this, I'll be asking for help here. :) :bounce:

But I have already some things planned in my head. :)

With my parent's divorce, I really wouldn0t be feeling ok if I asked them for more money just because Queen R wants to go study abroad. :shrug: That wouldn't be fair. But I have some money saved plus the small quantity they give each student that goes abroad... well it's something but still not enough.

But i found the sollution, you know I live in a flat - that my mother owns - with 2 bedrooms, one which we rent to Mariana and another one for me. If I go, I'll just have to move my stuff to my grandparents' house in Coimbra and rent my room for a year - while I am away. If I do that, I won't need to ask my parents for more money. :shrug: :bounce:

I also am probably going to go with my best friend in Coimbra, she wants to go as well, her birthday is the same as mine (not that it makes a difference :rolls:) and she is very similar to me in everything, so we'd get along just fine for year together abroad. :)

Personally I'm not an Italy fan - too chaotic, dramatic and expensive - but am aware JP and I are probably alone in this view.

UK is boring, you don't like the food and descending into political chaos so avoid us like the plague!

:rolls: You know that I have always wanted to live in London for a few months. :D

As for Italy, I like it, I do, but I've been to Florence, Pisa, Rome, Napoli and Milan... and it's so damn expensive. :tape:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm a Germanophile so Germany would have a strong pull for me. I like the Netherlands but it's not in my top 5 countries and you'd probably hate the food:lol:. Always preferred Belgium myself.

arm
06-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm a Germanophile so Germany would have a strong pull for me. I like the Netherlands but it's not in my top 5 countries and you'd probably hate the food:lol:. Always preferred Belgium myself.

I don't know. :shrug: But as long as it's not Spain or France... :bounce: Those 2 are not vallid options for me. :shrug:

Eastern Europe would be ok for me as well. :D Cheap living costs and a completely different culture from the one I am used to. :bounce: that would be fun. the only problem are the flights.. which would be more expensive and longer, and would mean coming home just for a couple of times. :awww:

But I am trying not to get too excited about while I still have 8 exams to write :banghead:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 09:20 PM
FWIW I gather Eastern Europe is no longer that cheap. Not been for 18 months or so but I work with 2 Poles and a Slovak and every time they go home they're stunned at the price increases.

arm
06-06-2009, 09:24 PM
FWIW I gather Eastern Europe is no longer that cheap. Not been for 18 months or so but I work with 2 Poles and a Slovak and every time they go home they're stunned at the price increases.

Still cheaper than Western Europe. :shrug:

Poland is not an option either, BTW. I've been there and have got to know the country quite well. Loved it, but want something different. :)

Slovakia would be a good option. Great loccation :inlove: though it's probably the country in Europe that I find least atractive. :tape: :rolls:

When I was in Polland, 4 years ago or so, the living costs were so damn low considering the ones in Portugal. :shrug: And Portugal is considered to be cheap as well. :tape:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, have to say, Bratislava is not a patch on Prague or Vienna.

arm
06-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Well, have to say, Bratislava is not a patch on Prague or Vienna.

I thought so. :p

Oh boy, don't we :inlove: Europe? :hearts:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Europe :inlove:

Sometimes we feel we should leave it more - search out Sarawak for example - but it's got everything as far as I'm concerned and I never have to fly more than 3 hours.

arm
06-06-2009, 09:40 PM
You know one of my lifetime goals is travel the world. :bounce:

And I can't be satisfied with Europe only. But first I have to get to know my own country, to then travel to others. :shrug:

So many great places. :inlove:

But I do think, someday you should think about Asia. :nerner: or Central/south america. :hearts:

Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Cuba.. :inlove: And the likes of Beijing, Bangkok, India!.. :awww:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh I do. Argentina has always appealed. And China fascinates.
And we keep talking about spending a a few weeks in Oz taking in the AO.

Plus our best friends have just come back from Japan and rave it about it.

arm
06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh I do. Argentina has always appealed. And China fascinates.
And we keep talking about spending a a few weeks in Oz taking in the AO.

Plus our best friends have just come back from Japan and rave it about it.

Well, to be honest, if I were you and JP - and considering that you are young and don't have any kids or people depending on you - I'd try a different plan of vacctions for a certain year.

Instead of taking so many short vaccations through the year, why don't you 2 take a 2 month vaccation and travel to let's say China and Jappan. Or Australia and New Zealand during the AO! :bounce: We only live once :shrug: and these kind of vaccations are a lifetime experience IMO.

*dreaming* :inlove: :awww:

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Precisely because it would take so much of our holiday time I guess. We're spoilt and used a to a few days holiday every month.

If we were to use a whole year's leave at once we know we'd be climbing the walls for the rest of the year.

Sort of thing you should do while you're a student and before you get a proper job I guess. But of course we didn't have any money then.

Now we have money but no time - the eternal conundrum.:shrug:

arm
06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Precisely because it would take so much of our holiday time I guess. We're spoilt and used a to a few days holiday every month.

If we were to use a whole year's leave at once we know we'd be climbing the walls for the rest of the year.

:rolls: Well, you have to consider the pros and cons of the whole thing. :p Look at the big picture.

If you plan it wisely, you could find a good sollution :shrug:, I am sure.

For example taking this long vaccation in the midle of the year, let's say May and June. This way it wouldn't be so many weeks stuck at work. :rolls:

Anyway, I do understand your choice, though it will never be the one I choose for me. :)

arm
06-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Sort of thing you should do while you're a student and before you get a proper job I guess. But of course we didn't have any money then.

Now we have money but no time - the eternal conundrum.:shrug:

Now, my friend, that is just taking the easy way. :nerner: When you really want something you find a way. :nerner: That's what sybarites do!

Herdwick
06-06-2009, 10:00 PM
But May and June are chock full of tennis! Not the time to leave Europe IMO.

Christmas/New Year is a possibility though. 10 days off then. We'll see.

A tortuous day awaits me tomorrow I know :hysteric: Think I am even more nervous than for the AO 2008. Because I know it's almost certainly his last chance.

OK - bath is running so night night.

arm
06-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Well, I love tennis and I love Nole even more, but neither of them would stop me from taking a long-lifetime vaccation. :rolls: :p

Tomorrow, don't get your hopes up, Soderling will have nothing to lose and will be on fire. :tape:

arm
06-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Why do I love this video so much? :hearts: :rolls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFPCQ8dPIaY

ellewoods
06-07-2009, 03:22 AM
My my, what interesting conversations you have here. Sucks I am asleep when you have them :awww:

kalisita
06-07-2009, 03:25 AM
My my, what interesting conversations you have here. Sucks I am asleep when you have them :awww:

:awww: :hug:

ellewoods
06-07-2009, 03:44 AM
:awww: :hug:

:hug:

Ugh I'm too nervous for tonight to do anything productive today. I so badly want Roger to win it! May have to do a lot of this :drink: tonight :lol:

kalisita
06-07-2009, 03:50 AM
:hug:

Ugh I'm too nervous for tonight to do anything productive today. I so badly want Roger to win it! May have to do a lot of this :drink: tonight :lol:

A little :drink: may take the edge off! Just not too much so you can still enjoy the match. ;) What time does it start where you are?

ellewoods
06-07-2009, 04:44 AM
It starts at 11pm here. I hope it's a straight sets victory so it won't go too late. I had to stay up past 4am for his victory over Delpo. I was sooo tired the day after :lol: The things I do for tennis

ellen_
06-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Should go voting but I don't even know who to vote for :sobbing: Shall I draw a tree? Or a FedTard? :rolls:

arm
06-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Elle :hug::kiss: Next time you'll be around. :p

Ellen, I think I'll not vote this time, it'd be my first time, but I don't think I should, as I have no idea who to vote for. :shrug:

arm
06-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Where is Lee, BTW? Havent talked to her in a while. :awww:

Hope she is just busy getting ready for her trip to Utah. :bounce:

*Raine
06-07-2009, 09:23 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

He was online on FB!!!! :woohoo::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

*spazzes and faints*

But I'm sure Ellen and Maria knows who I am talking about already. Possibly Rose and Steph too. :o

Now he just have to add me. :angel:

ellen_
06-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Dear Raine

R.E.L.A.X. :nerner:

You friend, Ellen.

btw, Doug Spreen says there's sun in UK. Rose, get your ass to Queens :rocker:

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 09:55 AM
:wavey: Anyone around for calming and inconsequential small-talk?

Aaargh - am so nervous. Don't know whether I'm optimistic or not either....

arm
06-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Herdwick :hug:

What can I do for you? :p

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 10:05 AM
:bigcry: Convince me Soderling will be so crippled with nerves he will barely be able to hit a ball.

Have been doing housework since 8am but it hasn't helped:scared: so am now mainlining black coffee.

arm
06-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Ok here's what I can tell you:

I wish Soderling wins. And I don't think he will be nervous. But I also doubt Roger will let this one chance slip away from him. :shrug: Do I thnk Roger will win in 3 sets? No. Do I think he will win in the end? I hope not, but I think so. :nerner:

And stop it, girl! You are a woman, you are not a whiner and a :sobbing: unless it's because of Nole!

:bounce::bounce:

What did JP tell you? :rolls:

*Raine
06-07-2009, 10:10 AM
:wavey: Anyone around for calming and inconsequential small-talk?

Aaargh - am so nervous. Don't know whether I'm optimistic or not either....

I am so nervous too, for Robin and Magnus( :angel::inlove:) that is.

Dear Raine

R.E.L.A.X. :nerner:

You friend, Ellen.

:nerner: How can I relax at all when I just saw he was online on FB? :angel:

And the grandslam final is less than 3 hours. :scared::scared::scared: Go Robin!!

ellen_
06-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm nervous too, but for different reasons :lol: F1 will clash with the RG final, so I'll miss the beginning of Rog-Rob

Roger is experienced enough to deal with this, I'm sure :hug: He has probably been watching Soderling too, he knows that creature by now :devil: Remember that Soderling seemed to have 'heavy legs' in the 2nd and 3rd set in SF. I'm quite confident Roger will pull it off.

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Am not whining - am just petrified.

It's like the AO 2008 final, only worse because the sands of time are running out for him. Wouldn't feel nearly as bad if Roger were playing Rafa or Nole because then I could be happy whoever won. But for Roger's RG career to end with a loss to Robin Soderling - it is not to be born.:explode:

JP thinks Soderling will crumble FWIW - I don't think Soderling is the crumbling type myself.:shrug:

Anyway I am starting to burble and that will not do:fiery:. Fun day in Chaves?

arm
06-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Am not whining - am just petrified.

It's like the AO 2008 final, only worse because the sands of time are running out for him. Wouldn't feel nearly as bad if Roger were playing Rafa or Nole because then I could be happy whoever won. But for Roger's RG career to end with a loss to Robin Soderling - it is not to be born.:explode:

JP thinks Soderling will crumble FWIW - I don't think Soderling is the crumbling type myself.:shrug:

Anyway I am starting to burble and that will not do:fiery:. Fun day in Chaves?

Study day in Chaves for me :shrug: :banghead:

JP is wrong, IMO. But I still think Roger will win. ;)

I have my now 14 year old counsin's bday party today, so the whole family is having lunch at her parent's and her place. :bounce: Her brother - 22 year old guy - met a Swedish girl in the Algarve last summer, fell in love with her and now travels to Sweden all the time. :rolls: He is like my older brother, we're very close. He studies in Porto, will finish this year and then is going to work in Sweden for a year. :rolls: Anyways, all this info to say that he is now in sweden and his sister is very :mad: because he is not here for her bday. So I really have to go, but I wish I could stay at home watching the final alone and studying. :awww:

Also, what are you having for lunch? That should calm you down. :p

arm
06-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Herdwick, to calm you down : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjBvnX4BlJY

:rolls:

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Posh English bird falls off horse - always good for a laugh :devil:

Enjoy your family gathering.:D

As for lunch, it's french bread with cheese and pickles but think I may be too nervous to eat.:lol:

Ellen - hope you're right. Good luck to Seb too.

Raine - :nerner:

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Dear Raine

R.E.L.A.X.

You friend, Ellen.

btw, Doug Spreen says there's sun in UK. Rose, get your ass to Queens

Don't even mention it Ellen :lol: Weather forecast was so bad for today I didn't even think of it, so I ended up not waking up til 10.30am:o and by the time I'd drunk my tea and had a shower really wasn't worth the effort, because they say it will :rain: again later :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

He was online on FB!!!! :woohoo::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

*spazzes and faints*

But I'm sure Ellen and Maria knows who I am talking about already. Possibly Rose and Steph too.

Now he just have to add me. :angel:

:scratch: Mr. Roddick perchance? Or Mr. Norman?

Perhaps I should get into this twitter thing? :confused:

Posh English bird falls off horse - always good for a laugh :devil:

I'll have you know I've never fallen off a horse in my life :p

arm
06-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Herdwick, seems like a nice lunch. :p enjoy it. :rolls:

Rosie :wavey:

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Herdwick, seems like a nice lunch. :p enjoy it. :rolls:

Rosie :wavey:

Raquel :kiss:

Where is Lee, BTW? Havent talked to her in a while. :awww:

Hope she is just busy getting ready for her trip to Utah. :bounce:

I think Lee said she was going away for a few days and wouldn't be around for the RG Finals.

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I'll have you know I've never fallen off a horse in my life :p

Aw shucks - please don't deny me a bit of light relief on a stressful day:devil:

arm
06-07-2009, 10:53 AM
:awww: I missed that post. Hope she has fun in her vaccation. :bounce::hug:

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Aw shucks - please don't deny me a bit of light relief on a stressful day:devil:

So probably not the best time for me to ally myself with Raquel and Raine and say Kom Igen Robin then :o

Dini
06-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Haven't been here in a while. :awww:

How are you all?

arm
06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBQCN_eaKjk&feature=related

:haha: I don't know if anyone ever saw this, but for those who understand Spanish it's too funny. :rolls:

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Don't get the Robin love here at all :shrug: Ok - Rosie's is clearly borne of sheer perversity for his earlier achievement but if anyone has been following his career devotedly hitherto then I've missed it. :rolleyes: So forgive me if I find the heartfelt support a little opportunistic.

Sure - were he to win today it would be a monumental achievement and I would congratulate him but that's as far as it goes.

And everything I've read about him suggests he's an total arse.

:wavey: Nadine

Scared witless tbh :lol: With the honourable exception of Elle, Pica and me, this is sadly not a Roger-friendly zone right now.:bigcry:

arm
06-07-2009, 11:06 AM

How are you all?

Nadine! :hug: We're fine! :D

Be strong today, hope your not very nervous. :hug: Here there people cheering for both players. :bounce:

ellen_
06-07-2009, 11:06 AM

How are you all?

Still alive, but I think the main question is if you are still okay :lol: Nervous, I assume? Good luck and hope you can enjoy the match! :hug: He'll always be a champion.

Dini
06-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Nadine! :hug: We're fine! :D

Be strong today, hope your not very nervous. :hug: Here there people cheering for both players. :bounce:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Long time no chat. :sobbing:

I'm not nervous, but I'm shaking like a leaf. :unsure: :lol: :o

Don't worry, I don't mind whoever you cheer for; just wanted to come and calm myself down with you guys. :)

Dini
06-07-2009, 11:13 AM

Still alive, but I think the main question is if you are still okay :lol: Nervous, I assume? Good luck and hope you can enjoy the match! :hug: He'll always be a champion.

Nervous? Me? No. Never. :lol: Nervous is not the word, I feel sick. :sobbing:

I'll look back at that bolded sentence if he loses. :awww:

Ellen how rubbish is this? F1 is frigging clashing with the tennis! :mad: :fiery: And on the day Seba is on pole...:sobbing:

arm
06-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Don't get the Robin love here at all :shrug: Ok - Rosie's is clearly borne of sheer perversity for his earlier achievement but if anyone has been following his career devotedly hitherto then I've missed it. :rolleyes: So forgive me if I find the heartfelt support a little opportunistic.

Sure - were he to win today it would be a monumental achievement and I would congratulate him but that's as far as it goes.

And everything I've read about him suggests he's an total arse.

:wavey: Nadine

Scared witless tbh :lol: With the honourable exception of Elle, Pica and me, this is sadly not a Roger-friendly zone right now.:bigcry:

In my case, you know I am not a fan of Roger. :shrug: never been. But don't get me wrong here, I have always said I wished he won RG one year, but I never thought the chance would arise like this. :shrug:

Also, having a new GS winner would be good for tennis, IMO. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Don't worry, I don't mind whoever you cheer for; just wanted to come and calm myself down with you guys. :)

:hug: Nice to see you here, and I know it's ridiculous to say "don't be nervous" because it's only natural that you will be :shrug: But I hope at least you can enjoy the match, and, for the record, I actually think Roger will win easily in 3 sets, as Robin collapses with nerves at the occasion:sad:.

I've always had a soft spot for Robin since he took the p*** out of my nemesis at Wimbledon a couple of years ago :inlove: I even voted for him to have a Forum here on MTD at least a year or so ago :shrug: Not saying he's a huge favourite of mine because he's not,- but I do find him interesting, and I respect his achievements and spirit. Whereas I can't deny that although I've always liked Roger (and still do to a certain extent), a few of his off-court comments have put me off him lately, (I've said that here often before) - and I didn't like his crying after losing a final, because much as I dislike Nadal, I still personally think he should have controlled his emotions (as Novak has done in the past) until he was in private, rather than making his victorious opponent seem uncomfortable and "stealing" their moment of glory :shrug:

arm
06-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Herdwick came to try the same thing. Not sure if it worked, though. :tape: You should ask her. :p

ellen_
06-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Nervous? Me? No. Never. :lol: Nervous is not the word, I feel sick. :sobbing:

I'll look back at that bolded sentence if he loses. :awww:

Ellen how rubbish is this? F1 is frigging clashing with the tennis! :mad: :fiery: And on the day Seba is on pole...:sobbing:

I'm gonna give F1 priority so I'll miss the beginning of tennis. Guess you aren't planning on doing that :p

Seba on pole is what makes me nervous :sobbing: I'm counting down the minutes.

Dini
06-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm gonna give F1 priority so I'll miss the beginning of tennis. Guess you aren't planning on doing that :p

Seba on pole is what makes me nervous :sobbing: I'm counting down the minutes.

It's a shame he's a little lighter than the Brawns. :sobbing: He has to pull out a big lead before the 1st pitstop. :armed: I AM SICK OF BRAWN WINNING! :smash:

Dini
06-07-2009, 11:20 AM
:hug: Nice to see you here, and I know it's ridiculous to say "don't be nervous" because it's only natural that you will be :shrug: But I hope at least you can enjoy the match, and, for the record, I actually think Roger will win easily in 3 sets, as Robin collapses with nerves at the occasion:sad:.

:hug: :hug:

Rosie where is Misha nowadays? :sad: He's stopped posting in the Castle thread for some reason. :sad:

*Raine
06-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Raine - :nerner:

I have never been a Federer fan, so sorry if I'm not rooting for him today. Besides I was converted during the Nadal - Soderling match and he has Magnus Norman as his coach. He is my first tennis crush. :angel:

:scratch: Mr. Roddick perchance? Or Mr. Norman?

Perhaps I should get into this twitter thing? :confused:

Magnus. :D :angel: He just added someone we know here too, while we were chatting, I saw it and freaked out. ;)

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Will only enjoy it if Roger wins in straights. The prospect of another 5-setter - aaaarggh :hysteric:

Can't remember the last time I was this jumpy. I keep snapping at JP too - he's getting quite cross.:awww:

Shall go and make my chilli for tonight before I upset anyone!

arm
06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Girls, off to take a shower and then bdday party. :bounce:

Not sure if I'll be around for the final.

Have fun everyone! And hold your nerves, Herdwick, Nadine and elle! :kiss:

ellen_
06-07-2009, 11:25 AM
It's a shame he's a little lighter than the Brawns. :sobbing: He has to pull out a big lead before the 1st pitstop. :armed: I AM SICK OF BRAWN WINNING! :smash:

I'm seriously gonna go looney if Brawn wins this again. He's lighter, yes, but everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Did you see how heavy Hamilton is, btw? :rolleyes: And Alonso lightest and still only 8th :sobbing:

Good luck to Kimi too ;)

I know, we have a sports thread :tape: Sorry.

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 11:27 AM
:hug: :hug:

Rosie where is Misha nowadays? :sad: He's stopped posting in the Castle thread for some reason. :sad:

I have no idea Nadine :shrug: He doesn't much like me - I have no contact with him and he never posts here - so I truly have no idea :shrug: I think perhaps he left The Castle because there are some posters there (like me and FedFan :confused:) that he doesn't care for :shrug: But - sorry - I really can't answer your question. Karin may know - perhaps they keep in touch? Or maybe Carlita?

*Raine
06-07-2009, 11:31 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

He (Magnus Norman) added me on Facebook 42 minutes ago! :crazy::banana::inlove:

*spazz*

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ivh3t0.jpg

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 11:38 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

He (Magnus Norman) added me on Facebook 42 minutes ago! :crazy::banana::inlove:

*spazz*

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ivh3t0.jpg

So guess you're happy now :D ;) Must admit I keep on wanting to add Miljan, but I'm too scared in case he rejected mean and I'd never get over the trauma :tape: :awww:

ellewoods
06-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Herdwick and Nadine :hug::hug: My nerves are building up...a little over an hour now :scared:

Rosie! Miljan has a facebook and you havent added him??? What is wrong with you? :armed: dooooo ittttt! PS does our beloved Nole have a fb?

And Raine, is it real Magnus Norman?? Because wow :)

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Herdwick and Nadine :hug::hug: My nerves are building up...a little over an hour now :scared:

Rosie! Miljan has a facebook and you havent added him??? What is wrong with you? :armed: dooooo ittttt! PS does our beloved Nole have a fb?

And Raine, is it real Magnus Norman?? Because wow :)

He Elle :wavey: And yes - but I don't do it because I'm too scared :awww: After all - just because he chats to me at tournaments doesn't mean I presume to be a personal friend or something, and I just wouldn't want him to think I was being too "pushy" or something in case it ruined what contact I do have with him in "real life" if that makes sense.

And - yes- Elle- I'm pretty sure Raine's Magnus is the "real" one, - he is also friends with some of my FB friends too :D

And as for Nole - well I'm sure he probably has - but if he had any sense he would use an alias, and I wouldn't have a clue what name that would be :shrug: So I imagine he would be very hard to find.

ellewoods
06-07-2009, 12:06 PM
He Elle :wavey: And yes - but I don't do it because I'm too scared :awww: After all - just because he chats to me at tournaments doesn't mean I presume to be a personal friend or something, and I just wouldn't want him to think I was being too "pushy" or something in case it ruined what contact I do have with him in "real life" if that makes sense.

And - yes- Elle- I'm pretty sure Raine's Magnus is the "real" one, - he is also friends with some of my FB friends too :D

And as for Nole - well I'm sure he probably has - but if he had any sense he would use an alias, and I wouldn't have a clue what name that would be :shrug: So I imagine he would be very hard to find.

Hi :wavey:

Depends on how you view FB I guess. Some people feel comfortable adding someone they have talked to only a few times while some won't add you unless you know them in real life :shrug: I'm sure he wouldn't think you were "pushy" but if you don't want to do it that's up to you of course though imagine the fun :devil:

mm, Magnus. I must admit having Magnus on Robin's side has made it slightly easier for me to come to terms with his success here. I don't really like him but as I said the other day, I am warming to some aspects of him.

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi :wavey:

Depends on how you view FB I guess. Some people feel comfortable adding someone they have talked to only a few times while some won't add you unless you know them in real life :shrug: I'm sure he wouldn't think you were "pushy" but if you don't want to do it that's up to you of course though imagine the fun :devil:

mm, Magnus. I must admit having Magnus on Robin's side has made it slightly easier for me to come to terms with his success here. I don't really like him but as I said the other day, I am warming to some aspects of him.

Well personally I would never add anyone on FB unless I knew them pretty well - usually through being friends in "real life", or sometimes after being recommended by a good friend, or chatting over a long enough period here to feel I know what "makes them tick" if you know what I mean :o So I guess I expect others to do the same :shrug: If he ever mentioned FB to me in conversation, then that would be different, - but until then, I remain true to my reserved British roots and won't push myself forward :o

*Raine
06-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Elle: Yep it's the real Magnus, Maria thinks so too. A fellow Magnus fan used to asked him (during the Brisbane tournament) which court and what time they will practice, and he answered everytime, also added a "see you there". :)

*high fives* for warming up to Robin. And isn't Magnus really dreamy? :angel:

Rose should definitely add Miljan.

Rose: I am, but still nervous for the match today. :tape: :tape: :awww: :awww: :sobbing: Still that was a great moment to keep me calm for a while. :angel:

Here's an idea: Just close your eyes when adding Miljan, that way you won't feel guilty. :haha:

Actually Magnus is the first famous person I added on FB, I was so shy and nervous when I did it.

Go ROBIN!!!

ellewoods
06-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Well, there are many more opportunities for you to get to know him better haha.

Anyways, I'm trying to squeeze in a little more study before going to watch the match. I am reading about abortion laws in my country as part of my medical law class. It's really interesting though at times disturbing and controversial.

*Raine
06-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Elle: I already posted my reply to you btw, just scroll up.

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Elle: Yep it's the real Magnus, Maria thinks so too. A fellow Magnus fan used to asked him (during the Brisbane tournament) which court and what time they will practice, and he answered everytime, also added a "see you there". :)

*high fives* for warming up to Robin. And isn't Magnus really dreamy? :angel:

Rose should definitely add Miljan.

Rose: I am, but still nervous for the match today. :tape: :tape: :awww: :awww: :sobbing: Still that was a great moment to keep me calm for a while. :angel:

Here's an idea: Just close your eyes when adding Miljan, that way you won't feel guilty. :haha:

Actually Magnus is the first famous person I added on FB, I was so shy and nervous when I did it.

Go ROBIN!!!

:lol: But then I might press the wrong button and add some weirdo, random MTF stalker by mistake :eek:

And to be honest it's only Miljan that really makes me that nervous - you know he makes me :o

Well, there are many more opportunities for you to get to know him better haha.

Anyways, I'm trying to squeeze in a little more study before going to watch the match. I am reading about abortion laws in my country as part of my medical law class. It's really interesting though at times disturbing and controversial.

See you later Elle :wavey:

*Raine
06-07-2009, 05:00 PM
:lol: You guys don't post while I'm awake :o. Then when I wake up I see five pages from the time I was asleep. :ras:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm132/justoneopinion/screenshots/fr4.jpg

*sighhhh* Magnus is so handsome. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

:lol: But then I might press the wrong button and add some weirdo, random MTF stalker by mistake :eek:

And to be honest it's only Miljan that really makes me that nervous - you know he makes me :o

Try it Rose. Just do it. :)

ellen_
06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Rosie, why is it so hard to get clear information about B&Bs in London? :banghead: You can't check if it's available, you have to BOOK to see if it's available :cuckoo: Or is it just me who's being stupid?

This is the problem :lol: http://www.londonshortstaytooting.com/Rooms.htm
And this: http://www.chilton-hospitality.co.uk/index.shtml?mode=prices

Maybe you can help 2 young (definitely me :p), innocent and unexperienced girls? :shrug: :angel:

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Rosie, why is it so hard to get clear information about B&Bs in London? :banghead: You can't check if it's available, you have to BOOK to see if it's available :cuckoo: Or is it just me who's being stupid?

Maybe you can help 2 young (definitely me :p), innocent and unexperienced girls? :shrug: :angel:

Ellen :hug: No - you're not being stupid. With the first one, you definitely have to submit your details to them (they don't ask for your credit card though), and then they get back to you via email to let you know if the dates you want are available, so that you can pay via CC or whatever then.

With the second one, there seems to bs something a little wrong with the site :shrug:

Must admit I have no experience of booking accomodation in London, because I've obviously never needed to, and also, I never stay in Hostels or B & Bs anywhere, so not really sure what to expect or what I'm looking for. I think the first site looks legit though :shrug:

Having said that I would advise you to stear clear of some of those areas though - SW18 and SW15 are rough as hell :o :bolt:

If I were you, why not email the London Tourist Board - this is their website http://www.visitlondon.com/accommodation/ and explain your sitaution and ask for their help.

They also have some VERY cheap offers in quite decent Hotels as you can see on the page I linked here. Not sure of your price range, but if you and your friend are sharing a room, these prices might be do-able, and a Hotel in a decent area is far nicer I think.

Try searching in the Earls Court area, or else Fulham, Putney or around Chiswick. They are far nicer areas, and the first three are on a direct metro line to WImbledon. Chiswick is further out, but there are buses and tubes.

Hope that helped a bit :hug:

cath85
06-07-2009, 05:43 PM

hey! what does this mean? :mad: do you think you're safe from my answers on nole's board? :devil:

ellen_
06-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Rosie :worship: Thanks for the info :kiss: And what do you mean by 'rough'? :unsure:

hey! what does this mean? :mad: do you think you're safe from my answers on nole's board? :devil:

:haha: Now you're only confirming it :ras: Where did you get these stalking skills from anyway? :angel:

cath85
06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
:haha: Now you're only confirming it :ras: Where did you get these stalking skills from anyway? :angel:

I have my spies :angel: and nothing was confirmed, but your meanness :ras:

ellen_
06-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I have my spies :angel: and nothing was confirmed, but your meanness :ras:

:eek: You would be nothing without my good eyes, and you know it! That being said, we're spamming Nole's thread with our fight. Sorry :awww:

cath85
06-07-2009, 06:33 PM
:eek: You would be nothing without my good eyes, and you know it! That being said, we're spamming Nole's thread with our fight. Sorry :awww:

strangely enough we fight on here, but at the same time we're having a peaceful conversation on msn :lol:

ellen_
06-07-2009, 06:42 PM
strangely enough we fight on here, but at the same time we're having a peaceful conversation on msn :lol:

Talking about grass is very peaceful, indeed. But we are perfect multitaskers. Telling people off while doing something else is what we do. Wonder where we learned that.

So, does this mean you're becoming a Nole fan now? :devil:

Herdwick
06-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Hesitate to intrude here but the followng are UK chains of reliable budget hotels and have myriad branches in London. Have stayed in them many times; they're no frills but fine.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/home.do - - the Putney branch has vacancies this week and is right next to a tube.

This may also be useful:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/video/2009/feb/08/budget-hotels-london

ellen_
06-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks for intruding, H :hatoff: All the info is useful.

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Sorry I disappeared girls :awww: But I got the call I was waiting for :D,- and now I have a Pass for tomorrow at Queens- and - guess what - Janko is playing :inlove: So had to make a few phone calls to get the day off work etc - but I'm back now :D

kalisita
06-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Sorry I disappeared girls :awww: But I got the call I was waiting for :D,- and now I have a Pass for tomorrow at Queens- and - guess what - Janko is playing :inlove: So had to make a few phone calls to get the day off work etc - but I'm back now :D

:bounce: Hope you have a nice time! :)

*Ljubica*
06-07-2009, 07:59 PM
:bounce: Hope you have a nice time! :)

Thanks :hug: Of course I'd rather be in Halle watching Novak :sad: But I couldn't get enough time off work to make a trip to Halle worthwhile, and Queens is close to home,- so as Janko is my Number 2 player, and I like Baghdatis too, it seemed like a good day to go with a good OOP. Ljubicic is also playing tomorrow and I hope to see Cilic and Gulbis practice. Weather forecast doesn't look too cruel either - it says a "chance of rain" but should get some play. (touch wood)

arm
06-07-2009, 10:39 PM
:bounce:

ellewoods
06-08-2009, 03:22 AM
I'm poaching all the info on London accommodation too! :D

*Raine
06-08-2009, 07:58 AM

Rose: Tell Marcos I said hi :lol:, and take some pictures for me.

arm
06-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Everyone :wavey: One more study day in sunny Chaves. :awww:

BTW, Herdwick, I saw your post in the tournament thread and I fully agree with you. :hug: Except for the TMS. :kiss:

back to my books :wavey:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM
:wavey: Very dull without tennis - lucky Rosie. Roll on Halle, meanwhile, today's entertainment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaPKA9U6ik8

arm
06-08-2009, 01:08 PM
One day you should start a "Herdwick's youtube clips thread". :rolls: :haha:

When do you leave for the Hebrides?

That avy :fiery: :nerner:

ellewoods
06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
:wavey: Very dull without tennis - lucky Rosie. Roll on Halle, meanwhile, today's entertainment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaPKA9U6ik8

:haha::haha: Much needed laugh after a stressful day of studying! Thanks for sharing :kiss:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM

'Tis my mission in life right now to share my joy with all - would you like Paddy McGinty's goat too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x76tT_oCeI

Allow me to savour the triumph a little longer:devil: I will replace it with a photo of Nole desporting himself among the temptations of North Rhine Westphalia as soon as a suitable shot can be found.:lol:

Hebrides on Saturday :woohoo:

arm
06-08-2009, 02:06 PM
WEll my friend, as soon as I in have time, I shall dig for a "suitable shot" and then present it to you. :nerner:

ellen_
06-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Flying in for a short note: Andy Murray's looking quite adorable in Sue's studio at the Queens club. That blue is HIS colour.

They just showed Rafa, and I miss him already :awww:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Andykins looking adorable :kiss: This I must see. Can imagine he would look good in blue.:awww: Highland Spring :bounce:

I am quite worried about Rafa :hug:; he's having tests today to see how bad the knee is. :scared: Would really hate him to miss Wimbledon; Roger's chances of #15 notwithstanding.

(Am losing track of who likes who here; think we need a local thread updated with current preferences as an aide memoire.):D

Just got in in time to see Tipsy lose the first set 6-0 to Mahut - suspect this isn't enhancing Rosie's day out.:sad:

ellen_
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Rafa has been going to the limit for way too long. Long clay court seasons, long hardcourt seasons lately too...all together with weak knees :awww:

About who likes who, just talk about who you like and you'll see who's interested and who answers :lol:

Yeah, poor Janko got a bad draw. Chardy lost too :awww: At least Misha won! And Vliegen! :D

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Can't get used to blue at Queens - it's been red for as long as I can remember. Forecast for tomorrow is pretty poor apparently too.

ellen_
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
It's smurfblue! They used it so we would feel less sad that Nole's blue shirt has left us :awww: But I agree, it's a pain for the eyes. Doesn't give the same cosy and warm atmosphere either.

Bring Stella back! :rocker:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 05:17 PM
It is a bit - thought they'd have gone for a more regal royal blue:lol: It's very snooty at Queens.

And they didn't even have cut price beer the only time I went.

Mind you, no offence to Belgium but they can keep the beer - along with Jupiler and Maes, Stella is one of your poorer offerings:lol: Inbev have much to answer for...

ellen_
06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I told you earlier that I don't drink beer, but I've heard my friends complain quite often when they arrived at a football stadium with huge banners of Stella Artois everywhere so I think you might right :rolls: Jupiler is prefered everywhere though. You can't drink Trappist or Leffe every day :D

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 05:50 PM
True - that is of course the major disadvantage of your beers - you have to treat them almost like wine. Whereas most of my favourite UK ales are sub 4.5% - making several pints in succession a nice evening out. Several pints of Westmalle finest and you'll be out cold.

*Raine
06-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Magnus Magnus Magnus Magnus Magnus Magnus Magnus

:o:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

arm
06-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Herdwick changes avy and yet I still don't know the man his that photo. :shrug::mad:

arm
06-08-2009, 06:44 PM
BTW I like Nole. And Novak. And Djokovic. I also like Dancevic a bit. I think that's it. :nerner:

Ok, I like Gillou too. :kiss:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Ah - good evening down there. I can never remember who likes who - it's good to know on occasion, be it to empathise or to irritate.:D

Glad you like it. I chose one I thought you'd appreciate. There are so many lovely ones to choose from at present...:nerner:

I love the Eiffel tower - almost as good as the Forth bridge :inlove:

*Raine
06-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Herdwick changes avy and yet I still don't know the man his that photo. :shrug::mad:

I don't know him either, and what match? there was a match yesterday? What's the French Open? Is it a tv series or something? :confused::confused::confused: ;)

and

Magnus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 07:00 PM
You should go to Orkney - up there they have a whole festival for him :D

http://www.stmagnusfestival.com/

*Raine
06-08-2009, 07:07 PM
:haha: You made my day Herdwick. :p

:wavey: off to bed :kiss:

ellen_
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Okay, a special post for Herdwick. You should print it and hang it above your bed so you'll never forget it!

Level 1: Gulbis - Djokovic
Level 2: Roddick - Simon - Del Potro - Youzhny - Nadal - other Latvians - Belgians
Level 3: Chardy - Gonzalez - Cilic - Kunitsyn - other Frenchies
Level 4: Other players

I don't really hate anyone. How nice is that :p And pretty easy for you too. Hope it helps :hug: :rolls:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 07:11 PM
:wavey: Night night Raine - SB first up tomorrow.
http://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/results/spielplan-des-tages.html

See how good I am to you - I even posted a stream.:angel:

Thank you Ellen - always good to get things clear. And very sound choices too if I may say so.

*Ljubica*
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Janko :hysteric: Played like an a*seclown and deserved to lose. Even the famous and oft-mentioned cow on ice moves better on grass than he did today - no words :explode:

Apart from that though - had a fun day. Didn't take many pictures though - just didn't really get the chance for one reason or another.

Ellen - I saw Ernests - he practiced for an hour,- but on the only private court where no-one can view :rolleyes: Maybe he was trying to avoid me?

Herdwick - the blue is not so bad "in the flesh" as it may appear on TV - I think it looks quite pretty actually.

Raine - Marcos is fine - nice guy - I like him :D

Queens though - makes me ashamed to be British - never have I ever come across such a clueless and irritating group of so-called fans :rolleyes: Here is just a selection of some of the comments I heard today:

a) From a man watching the Marcos Baghdatis practice-
Oh look -there's that Lopez chappie - you know, Fernando Lopez :spit:

b) From a middle-aged woman passing Gael Monfils -
Ah - there's that Jo-William Tsonga :explode:

c) From a girl as Marat walked past......
He' s not bad -wonder if he's a player? :o

d) From a man as a young blonde guy walked past wearing jeans and T-shirt
Wow - there's Rafael Nadal :tape:

So they definitely don't know their tennis:o

ellen_
06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Ellen - I saw Ernests - he practiced for an hour,- but on the only private court where no-one can view :rolleyes: Maybe he was trying to avoid me?

Thanks Rose :hug: Happy to hear you had quite a nice day, besides Janko's loss and the nitwits you were surrounded by.

That's how we know Ernie :worship: He likes to hide. He's the best in disappearing. Can I ask what he was wearing? Plain white? Joined by his pageboy, Pilic, daddy? Sorry to bother you with the questions :hug:

*Ljubica*
06-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks Rose :hug: Happy to hear you had quite a nice day, besides Janko's loss and the nitwits you were surrounded by.

That's how we know Ernie :worship: He likes to hide. He's the best in disappearing. Can I ask what he was wearing? Plain white? Joined by his pageboy, Pilic, daddy? Sorry to bother you with the questions :hug:

No - not plain white. He had a white T-shirt on but dark shorts - either black or navy blue - I only saw him briefly. Pilic was not with him when I saw him, but that doesn't mean anything - he may have been talking to someone else or in another part of the Club :shrug: And don't worry about the questions -always a pleasure :hug:

ellen_
06-08-2009, 07:35 PM
btw, Talking about nitwits, I've heard a good example of one in Paris too. During Misha's match they showed other scores. It said 'K.Kim'. And someone behind us said "Oh, Kim K(C)lijsters lost the first set!" :haha:

No - not plain white. He had a white T-shirt on but dark shorts - either black or navy blue - I only saw him briefly. Pilic was not with him when I saw him, but that doesn't mean anything - he may have been talking to someone else or in another part of the Club :shrug: And don't worry about the questions -always a pleasure :hug:

*Raine
06-08-2009, 07:37 PM
:wavey: Night night Raine - SB first up tomorrow.
http://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/results/spielplan-des-tages.html

See how good I am to you - I even posted a stream.:angel:

I'm still up. :o (but I will go to bed soon)

Thanks for the link, I didn't know you can be so nice to me. :D
kidding! :haha: :hug:

That's how we know Ernie :worship: He likes to hide. He's the best in disappearing.

:haha:

Raine - Marcos is fine - nice guy - I like him :D

a) From a man watching the Marcos Baghdatis practice-
Oh look -there's that Lopez chappie - you know, Fernando Lopez :spit:

What an epic review, thanks I'm glad you had a great time. :worship: Those people are so.. so... brilliant in knowing who the players are. :scratch::spit: Fernando Lopez :haha:

What did Marcos say? Did you have a photo w/ him? :D

*Ljubica*
06-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Okay, a special post for Herdwick. You should print it and hang it above your bed so you'll never forget it!

Level 1: Gulbis - Djokovic
Level 2: Roddick - Simon - Del Potro - Youzhny - Nadal - other Latvians - Belgians
Level 3: Chardy - Gonzalez - Cilic - Kunitsyn - other Frenchies
Level 4: Other players

I don't really hate anyone. How nice is that :p And pretty easy for you too. Hope it helps :hug: :rolls:

And having seen this - I will do mine too - for Herdwick (or anyone else who cares :D )

Level 1: Djokovic :inlove:
Level 2: Tipsarevic :hearts:
Level 3: Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilic, Ancic, Baghdatis, Soderling :o
Level 4: Most other players

And contrary to popular opinion I don't "hate" anyone either :shrug: But I do admit to disliking some -mainly:

a) Nadal
b) Bryan Twins :spit: - Andy Murray - Nicolas Kiefer - Andy Roddick (sorry Ellen:o )

ellen_
06-08-2009, 07:40 PM
And having seen this - I will do mine too - for Herdwick (or anyone else who cares :D )

Level 1: Djokovic :inlove:
Level 2: Tipsarevic :hearts:
Level 3: Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilic, Ancic, Baghdatis, Soderling :o
Level 4: Most other players

And contrary to popular opinion I don't "hate" anyone either :shrug: But I do admit to disliking some -mainly:

a) Nadal
b) Bryan Twins :spit: - Andy Murray - Nicolas Kiefer - Andy Roddick (sorry Ellen:o )

Ooooh, Herdwick! I forgot to mention that I love the Bryans!

*Ljubica*
06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
What an epic review, thanks I'm glad you had a great time. :worship: Those people are so.. so... brilliant in knowing who the players are. :scratch::spit:

What did Marcos say? Did you have a photo w/ him? :D

Raine :wavey: No - no photos - you know I have never had my photo taken with any tennis player in my entire life :o As for what we spoke about -well nothing earth-shattering :shrug: The wonderful English weather and just general stuff really. If I'm honest I think he was just trying to stop his coach talking to me so they could get away :o

ellen_
06-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Twitter: andy_murray U have no idea how much I enjoyed winning that doubles this evening!!

:devil: :worship:

arm
06-08-2009, 07:50 PM
:bigcry::bigcry: I suck, I really do. :awww: :sobbing: I stayed the whole day at home and all I managed to study were the damn forearm muscles. :banghead:

Am kind of going crazy here. :crazy: Damn, this is when one realizes you have to study way to hard to become a good doctor. :rolleyes:

Today my mom even bought me some pills to help my focusing and memory. :o

Tomorrow will be a better day, I am sure. :D :bounce:

Anyway, my list is pretty simple:

Level 1: Nole

Level 10: Dancevic
Level 11: Gillou and Wawa
Level 12: A bunch of players

*Raine
06-08-2009, 07:50 PM
:scratch: :o

I like a lot of players but here's basically my special top ten ranking:

1. Novak Djokovic
2. Baghdatis
3. Clement
4. Safin - Tsonga - Verdasco
5. Hewitt- Soderling- Roddick - Gulbis -Simon
6. Ferrero - Moya - Haas - Cilic - Ancic
7. Tipsarevic - Monfils
8. Troicki - Gasquet - Tursunov
9. Berdych - Youzhny - Blake - Wawrinka
10. Murray

dislike list: Federer, Nadal and Sharapova. Sorry. :o

*Ljubica*
06-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Twitter: andy_murray U have no idea how much I enjoyed winning that doubles this evening!!

:devil: :worship:

Do you think he would :bigcry: if he knew I went home before his doubles started?:o

:bigcry::bigcry: I suck, I really do. :awww: :sobbing: I stayed the whole day at home and all I managed to study were the damn forearm muscles. :banghead:

Am kind of going crazy here. :crazy: Damn, this is when one realizes you have to study way to hard to become a good doctor. :rolleyes:

Raquel :hug:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 08:04 PM
OK - Poldark finished and ironing done.

Ah - thank you kindly all. A senile old soul gets easily confused so I shall collate these for future reference. Then I will never unintentionally upset anyone again :devil:

Rosie- see the Queens crowd well-informed as ever and worthy of their hospitality packages. Good to hear your day wasn't ruined by Tipsy's demise - I caught the end of it on TV and it wasn't exactly stellar.

*Ljubica*
06-08-2009, 08:09 PM
OK - Poldark finished and ironing done.

Ah - thank you kindly all. A senile old soul gets easily confused so I shall collate these for future reference. Then I will never unintentionally upset anyone again :devil:

Rosie- see the Queens crowd well-informed as ever and worthy of their hospitality packages. Good to hear your day wasn't ruined by Tipsy's demise - I caught the end of it on TV and it wasn't exactly stellar.

No - he was bad, really bad :spit: And believe me the end of the match was WAY better than the first set. He did make me laugh earlier in the day though, when he disturbed his practice to come over and sign autographs for 3 screaming schoolgirls who kept on shouting out "Janko we love you" though :lol: I think he was secretly quite flattered. :D

*Ljubica*
06-08-2009, 08:10 PM
btw, Talking about nitwits, I've heard a good example of one in Paris too. During Misha's match they showed other scores. It said 'K.Kim'. And someone behind us said "Oh, Kim K(C)lijsters lost the first set!" :haha:

:lol: That's a good one :haha: :rolls:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 08:19 PM
http://www.aegonchampionships.com/1/draws/orderofplay_tue.asp

OOP tomorrow tailor-made for all tastes here:D

ellen_
06-08-2009, 08:22 PM

Only a shame I can't watch Ernie :bigcry: But Roddick-Vliegen will be on for sure :bounce:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I feel Ernie is due for his moment in the sun soon. :D

ellen_
06-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I barely dare to say it but R3 is possible :tape: Which kinda scares me.

*Ljubica*
06-08-2009, 08:39 PM

Ah - I see my old friend Fernando Lopez is makng a couple of appearances :angel: Not sure how many matches will actually take place - weather looks forecast to be quite vile here tomorrow :eek: I will be at work but will try to check scoreboard when I can.

And now I am :zzz: after my hard day drinking Pimms on the Queens balcony:o so I will say goodnight :kiss:

I feel Ernie is due for his moment in the sun soon. :D

Believe me - he will find no sun in London - it's still bloody cold here - and mostly wet :awww:

ellen_
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Night, Rosie :wavey:

Herdwick
06-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Queens balcony eh? Must be exhausting...:lol:

Night - and refined dreams:wavey:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Here's my preferences for anyone who cares:

1. Djokovic :inlove:
2. Federer
3. Rafa (though mostly off court. For some reason, I sometimes find myself unwillingly cheering for the underdog whenever he's playing)
Then in no particular order - Delpo, Simon, Verdasco, Davydenko, Monaco, Ancic, Cilic, Tipsy, Ferrer, Wawrinka and others.

I don't like:
Roddick, Murray, BryanBros, Blah (as in Blake), Monfils, SB's on court antics (though off court :inlove: )

Oh and flights have been booked so am off to China and Hong Kong next month! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Here's my preferences for anyone who cares:

1. Djokovic :inlove:
2. Federer
3. Rafa (though mostly off court. For some reason, I sometimes find myself unwillingly cheering for the underdog whenever he's playing)
Then in no particular order - Delpo, Simon, Verdasco, Davydenko, Monaco, Ancic, Cilic, Tipsy, Ferrer, Wawrinka and others.

I don't like:
Roddick, Murray, BryanBros, Blah (as in Blake), Monfils, SB's on court antics (though off court :inlove: )

Oh and flights have been booked so am off to China and Hong Kong next month! :bounce:

Of course we care :D I've just seen Herdwick even opened a separate "likes and dislikes" thread last night ;) And congrats on booking the flights.

And I should be working but I am so not in the mood :sad:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 07:20 AM
:wavey: That makes two of us! I'm already de-mob happy.:dance:

China and Hk - wow exotic - guess it's just down the road for Elle though.:D

The ATDHE stream worked fine for Halle yesterday so hopefully we'll get our ration this pm. Am getting withdrawal symptoms... Weather there must be better than that forecast for Queens :rollleyes:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 07:25 AM
:wavey: Hi Rosie and Herdwick. While you two are plugging away at work I am plugging away with my studies. Though am about to go workout a bit to get the endorphins going.

The ATDHE stream worked fine for Halle yesterday so hopefully we'll get our ration this pm. Am getting withdrawal symptoms... Weather there must be better than that forecast for Queens :rollleyes:

It's still a 9 hour flight for me! :lol: we are so isolated here :awww: Must admit I'm super spoilt because this holiday is all-expenses paid by the parents as I made it clear that any money I have is for Europe and that I won't be able to afford this trip but they said not to worry :angel:

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 07:29 AM

:wavey: Not sure the stream will work for me here in the office :sad: But I have quite an important report to write by tomorrow, so I'm kind of angling for an afternoon WAH where I can concentrate more :o, and which of course might just include a stream at home before I start working. Best go and make the Boss lots of coffee and maybe even buy him a sticky bun to pave my way forward :angel:

And it's absolutely pouring here, so I don't see them getting any play at Queens today unless it clears up fast.

Later :kiss:

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 07:31 AM
9 hours - strewth! Hadn't clocked it was that far - so it's like going to the eastern/mid US for us. My Eurocentricity strikes again.

So it's be nice to Mummy and Daddy time :angel:

Thanks - have added you to the feminine genius list btw.

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Hmm - perhaps we shouldn't get our hopes up for Halle - nearest city is Bielefeld or Osnabrück and it doesn't look too great.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2097?count=10

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2661?count=10

arm
06-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Elle, of course we care. :kiss: That is what this thread is about: Nole, tenns, men (I know Nole fits in here as well :rolls:), food, travelling and caring about each other. :hug: Did I forget anything? :scratch:

BTW, Herdwick I already had my hopes up for Halle. :confused: :nerner:

Have a good day, my friends. :kiss::wavey:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 08:38 AM
:hug: I do love this place. It's one of my internet homes :D

Just finished exercising. Ahh endorphins :bounce:

It's getting soooo cold here. About 10C every night if not lower. I'm getting mighty worried about how I am going to survive the European winter :bigcry:

ellen_
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM
:hug: I do love this place. It's one of my internet homes :D

Just finished exercising. Ahh endorphins :bounce:

It's getting soooo cold here. About 10C every night if not lower. I'm getting mighty worried about how I am going to survive the European winter :bigcry:

I'm happy for you that the flights are booked! :hug:

10°C? It's almost summer here and it was still only 12°C yesterday :rolls: Last winter was awful here, -16°C here in my garden :unsure: But let it be another reason to go shopping then! :p

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
12C summers??? :eek:

Dude, our summers can reach 40C!

arm
06-09-2009, 09:26 AM
:rolls: Ellen, 12ºC for summer is really :eek:.

Summers here can reach 40ºC as well in Alentejo. :bolt:

But it's been raining in Portugal for almost a week. :awww:

arm
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm happy for you that the flights are booked! :hug:

10°C? It's almost summer here and it was still only 12°C yesterday :rolls: Last winter was awful here, -16°C here in my garden :unsure: But let it be another reason to go shopping then! :p

I didn't read the -16ºC before. :eek: Gosh, does it get that cold in Belgium? :scared:

Here in Chaves we can get -5ºC but only at night and in january. :awww:

ellen_
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM
It doesn't get that cold every winter here :lol: It was a decade ago now. Have you ever seen snow then? :p

And the summers can reach 35°C too, but only for like 3 days or something :rolls: It's mostly around 25°C, with rain quite often.

arm
06-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes, more or less every 5 years it snows here in Chaves. :p But it's only like for a couple of hours and after than it goes away. :o It's because of the altitude, Chaves is surrounded by mountaisn and every winter from any point in Chaves you can see snow in the moutains around you.

In Coimbra it never snows. :awww: And the winters are not as cold as in Chaves - which I appreciate. :rolls:

ellen_
06-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Michelle Larcher de Brito got a wildcard for Wimbledon :yeah: I shall take my earplugs :p

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Aaaargh - our tabloids will love her! Cue myriad jokes about adjacent hotel rooms....:lol:

http://www.gerryweber-sportparkhotel.de/

Is there where they're all staying in Halle?

ellen_
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Imagine Johnny Mac has to commentate a match of her :tape: That will be worth watching/listening.

Seems a nice hotel in Halle. I'd never be bored.

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 10:20 AM
SB not on the scoreboard for Halle yet - looks like it may be raining:sad:

arm
06-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Michelle Larcher de Brito got a wildcard for Wimbledon :yeah: I shall take my earplugs :p

She did? :bounce: :D

Aaaargh - our tabloids will love her! Cue myriad jokes about adjacent hotel rooms....:lol:

Sure they will! Everyone loves a portuguese young girl. :nerner: :angel: Besides, the UK and Portugal have been friends since ever :rolls:, remember? Portugal and England are oldest country alliance in the world! :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Portuguese_Alliance

Herdwick
06-09-2009, 10:23 AM
She's bound to feature in here

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/

One of the UK's more refined offerings, paper-wise :rolls:

ellen_
06-09-2009, 10:26 AM
SB not on the scoreboard for Halle yet - looks like it may be raining:sad:

They are playing on my scoreboard :scratch:

arm
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Will there be any streams? I only realized now that Nole is playing. :rolls: :o

ellen_
06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Bet365 scheduled the match, so yes :dance: But it might clash with Ernie's match :awww:

arm
06-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Really :awww: No worries, Ernie needs you more than Nole (I hope :o) so don't feel guilty for staying with Ernie. :hug:

Santoro to beat the SB :rocker: right Herdwick? :p

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I've never seen real snow. The one time I went to the ski "resort" here in Australia (yes it does snow here too!) they had to use fake snow cos the real stuff hadn't come down yet. And then it finally did the day after we left :awww:

arm
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
:awww: One day you will.

But trust me, snow is overrated. :rolls:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Haha I fully expect to have a white Christmas this year!!

Tell me, has anyone ever spent Christmas in Strasbourg?

arm
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I didn't realize you were going to spend Christmas in Europe! That is awsome! Just you and your friend! :bounce: Always dreamt of spending Christmas alone in paris one day, but pretty much everyone thinks it must be depressing and that I am crazy. :rolls:

When us your flight in and out of Europe?

ellen_
06-09-2009, 11:10 AM

My fellow Gulbis fan who visited this thread 2 days ago to fight with me :p

And yes, snow is overrated. It's gorgeous to watch from inside, but then the misery starts when you have to go outside :banghead:

Snow from November last year, from my room. Very unexpected, lot of traffic problems etc. That really sucked.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Pxb2moAKW1w/SSmIcsA-iHI/AAAAAAAABV0/9gjLGp3_Ejc/s720/S5002374.JPG

And I'm hoping to spend my Christmas at Tenerife again :bounce:

arm
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Ellen, how is the weather like in Tenerife in December?

ellen_
06-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Ellen, how is the weather like in Tenerife in December?

We had a bad year last year, we got a Canarian storm :rolleyes: But normally it's around 25°C and sunny, perfect for me.

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I didn't realize you were going to spend Christmas in Europe! That is awsome! Just you and your friend! :bounce: Always dreamt of spending Christmas alone in paris one day, but pretty much everyone thinks it must be depressing and that I am crazy. :rolls:

When us your flight in and out of Europe?

I leave Australia on Nov 30 and arrive in London Dec 1 and then my flight home is Jan 31 :) At the moment my scheduled city for Christmas is in fact Paris but people have told me Strasbourg is the place to spend Christmas cos things are actually open? :shrug:

Ellen - yes I wouldnt want snow every day...just to look at for a moment and play in just a bit :lol:

arm
06-09-2009, 11:25 AM
We had a bad year last year, we got a Canarian storm :rolleyes: But normally it's around 25°C and sunny, perfect for me.

woowww Now I am jealous. :nerner:

I leave Australia on Nov 30 and arrive in London Dec 1 and then my flight home is Jan 31 :) At the moment my scheduled city for Christmas is in fact Paris but people have told me Strasbourg is the place to spend Christmas cos things are actually open? :shrug:

Ellen - yes I wouldnt want snow every day...just to look at for a moment and play in just a bit :lol:

I have no idea about Strasbourg :shrug:. You must be feeling so excited :bounce:. BTW, about the Lonely Planet guide, do you like it?

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I have no idea about Strasbourg :shrug:. You must be feeling so excited :bounce:. BTW, about the Lonely Planet guide, do you like it?

No time to feel excited currently cos it's exam season but afterwards I am sure I will feel the excitement (and stress of planning!) once again. Actually, I will probably be excited about China/HK first :D

And yes, I do like the guide alot. But am wondering if it would be wise to carry the whole thing with me to Europe! It's quite large afterall :lol:

arm
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I carried it with me to Barcelona and Madrid. :rolls: And the part of the book I wa interested in was only 5 pages for each trip. :rolls:

cath85
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM

I'm the gulbis fan Ellen was referring to :lol:

so yeah, I have studied for 5 years in strasbourg and christmas is some kind of special time over there. the city is so crowded for a whole month, because tourists come from everywhere to visit the christmas market. it's a lovely market, but for us in the end it was always the same. I guess it's only interesting if you've never been to it before. but I have to say, it's a special atmosphere, it's the oldest christmas market too if I'm not mistaken.

what do you mean by "everything is actually open"? I don't know if shops are more open than in paris, I have no idea about that.

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm the gulbis fan Ellen was referring to :lol:

so yeah, I have studied for 5 years in strasbourg and christmas is some kind of special time over there. the city is so crowded for a whole month, because tourists come from everywhere to visit the christmas market. it's a lovely market, but for us in the end it was always the same. I guess it's only interesting if you've never been to it before. but I have to say, it's a special atmosphere, it's the oldest christmas market too if I'm not mistaken.

what do you mean by "everything is actually open"? I don't know if shops are more open than in paris, I have no idea about that.

Thanks for letting me know. May consider going then!

I just meant the markets haha. As in there is stuff to do :)

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Yes it is :D And it's a lovely Hotel.

And for Elle's benefit - UK is like Belgium- today is only about 11 or 12 C and we're almost in our midsummer. So bring your thermals here girl :lol: And on a snowy theme - my garden in snow earlier this year :inlove:

ellewoods
06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I carried it with me to Barcelona and Madrid. :rolls: And the part of the book I wa interested in was only 5 pages for each trip. :rolls:

:lol: I may carry it or just photocopy the pages I need I think. Depends. I haven't really gone thrugh the whole thing yet.

Yes it is :D And it's a lovely Hotel.

And for Elle's benefit - UK is like Belgium- today is only about 11 or 12 C and we're almost in our midsummer. So bring your thermals here girl :lol: And on a snowy theme - my garden in snow earlier this year :inlove:

Ahh, it's so pretty! :inlove:

arm
06-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Rosie :inlove: Nice meeting your garden. :p :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Thaks girls - it's only al little part of my garden though, and surely true proof that I really do live in the heart of Suburbia :o

And Elle - yes - snow is very pretty - but as Ellen says, can be a real pain when you have to walk/drive/get public trasport to work in it after a few weeks - it kind of loses it's appeal then :tape:

cath85
06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks for letting me know. May consider going then!

I just meant the markets haha. As in there is stuff to do :)

okay, well yeah the city is very alive around that time :p

just be sure to wear warm enough clothes, it can get quite chilly. if you have more questions, just ask ;)

*Raine
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM
:wavey: I'm on a tennis break here - no coverage on tv and as for livestreams, you know what my problem is. ;)

I shall return in two weeks or not (which means I'm still here but most of the time just lurking :unsure::lol:).

Rose - great pictures of your garden, sometimes I wish there's snow in our country, but sometimes I don't since I know it can be a headache at times. Regarding Marcos, maybe he was just in a hurry when you met him. :confused:

:wavey: Cath

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 03:42 PM
:wavey: I'm on a tennis break here - no coverage on tv and as for livestreams, you know what my problem is. ;)

I shall return in two weeks or not (which means I'm still here but most of the time just lurking :unsure::lol:).

Rose - great pictures of your garden, sometimes I wish there's snow in our country, but sometimes I don't since I know it can be a headache at times. Regarding Marcos, maybe he was just in a hurry when you met him. :confused:

:wavey: Cath

Raine :wavey: Yes - perhaps- and - don't worry- he wasn't rude or anything at all - just - as you say - in a hurry, and because his coach was chatting to me it was kind of holding him up :shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow :eek: Totally random comment - BBC just interviewed Grigor Dimitrov. What an amazingly confident, articulate, humourous young man he is, and only just turned 18 a couple of weeks ago :worship: Brilliant English too - and rather handsome! I am impressed :D

ellen_
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I saw it too, Rose. I was talking to Cath on msn about it. That he's motivated, smart, mature, determined, and a great talker :worship:

*Ljubica*
06-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I saw it too, Rose. I was talking to Cath on msn about it. That he's motivated, smart, mature, determined, and a great talker :worship:

Yes - certainly very mature - and amazingly relaxed in front of TV cameras etc. Most young lads of that age are quite awkward and gauche - but not our Grishka :D