It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. [Archive] - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Lee
05-31-2009, 09:50 PM
And tattoo on Li Na :eek: :eek: :eek:

kalisita
05-31-2009, 10:16 PM
And tattoo on Li Na :eek: :eek: :eek:

I believe she's had it for a while. She recently stopped covering it up with a patch though. Surprised about her having one or is it unusual for Chinese women period?

Lee
05-31-2009, 10:29 PM
I believe she's had it for a while. She recently stopped covering it up with a patch though. Surprised about her having one or is it unusual for Chinese women period?

In the old days (very old), criminals had tattoo on their faces so everyone would know they committed crime. So it's quite deep root in Chinese that nice people don't have tattoo on their bodies. Especially women.

May be lots of changes in the Chinese society for the last 20 years but I really doubt tattoo is embraced by the general public as in North America. But Li is always the rebellious one. :shrug:

Lee
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
My mother may disown me if I have one :lol: Even her grandchildren who grow up in North America dare not. :lol:

arm
05-31-2009, 11:01 PM
In the old days (very old), criminals had tattoo on their faces so everyone would know they committed crime. So it's quite deep root in Chinese that nice people don't have tattoo on their bodies. Especially women.

May be lots of changes in the Chinese society for the last 20 years but I really doubt tattoo is embraced by the general public as in North America. But Li is always the rebellious one. :shrug:

I hate tatoos. But I think that is ridicullous. :silly:

Yesterday I had a real fight with my grandfather. The man was trying to convince e mthat a monarchy is as democratic - or even more! - as a republic. :confused: I though such statement was so silly that I even couldn't find any arguments at all to try to convince him otherwise. :rolls:

You know I have this tendency for politics. :o Maybe one day I'll be the Portuguese Prime Minister and you girls can say you know me. ;)

Ok, maybe not. :rolls:

arm
05-31-2009, 11:19 PM
BTW, we have elections here next week! And I am going to vote for the first time. :D :bounce:

*Raine
06-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Geez, this thread is always busy when I am sleeping. :unsure::ras:

Quite possibly - I will ask her :)

Thanks, tell her to send you the Magnus Norman pics. :D

Lee
06-01-2009, 02:59 AM
For those who have yet recovered from yesterday's disaster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irhroQ14Ufo

:awww::D

What a coincidence that I read above and received an email from my sister with following as part of the contents. :rolls:

Julie Andrews turned 69 and to commemorate her 69th birthday on October 1, actress/vocalist Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP. One of the musical numbers she performed was "My Favourite Things" from the legendary movie "The Sound Of ! Music."

Here are the actual lyrics she used:

Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Cadillac's and cataracts, and hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favourite things..

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Back pains, confused brains, and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thin nin',
And we won't mention our short, shrunken frames,
When we remember our favourite things.

When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores. Please share Ms. Andrews' clever wit and humour with others who would appreciate it.

For people who don't know what is AARP. It's one of the largest groups in US for people who are 55 or above in age.

Lee
06-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Geez, this thread is always busy when I am sleeping. :unsure::ras:

Thanks, tell her to send you the Magnus Norman pics. :D

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/tennishack/euro%20hackie/Paris%20and%20Roland%20Garros%202009/Saturday%20-%20Benny%20Berthet%20Day/th_magnusnorman1.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/tennishack/euro%20hackie/Paris%20and%20Roland%20Garros%202009/Saturday%20-%20Benny%20Berthet%20Day/?action=view&current=magnusnorman1.jpg) http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/tennishack/euro%20hackie/Paris%20and%20Roland%20Garros%202009/Saturday%20-%20Benny%20Berthet%20Day/th_magnusnorman2.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/tennishack/euro%20hackie/Paris%20and%20Roland%20Garros%202009/Saturday%20-%20Benny%20Berthet%20Day/?action=view&current=magnusnorman2.jpg)

*Raine
06-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Rose, I think I already paid for gloating at the tournament thread last night.

The Pittsburgh Penguins lost, it's 2-0 to the opponent now.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/tennishack/euro%20hackie/Paris%20and%20Roland%20Garros%202009/Saturday%20-%20Benny%20Berthet%20Day/th_magnusnorman1.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/tennishack/euro%20hackie/Paris%20and%20Roland%20Garros%202009/Saturday%20-%20Benny%20Berthet%20Day/?action=view&current=magnusnorman1.jpg) http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/tennishack/euro%20hackie/Paris%20and%20Roland%20Garros%202009/Saturday%20-%20Benny%20Berthet%20Day/th_magnusnorman2.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/tennishack/euro%20hackie/Paris%20and%20Roland%20Garros%202009/Saturday%20-%20Benny%20Berthet%20Day/?action=view&current=magnusnorman2.jpg)

:inlove::inlove::inlove:Magnus

Oh wow. That is awesome. Thanks :):worship::angel:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 07:07 AM
I'd love to know about that dream. :devil: But I am sure you'll be selfish and keep it for yourself only. :awww:

Sleep well :hug:

I'm sure you can use your imagination :devil: You wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway - as it involved a Physio, not a tennis player :o

In UK too - even as recently as my days growing up - tattoos were seen as "not nice" especially for women. To put it bluntly, only - erm - "bad" girls had them :o That has changed over the last 10 years or so, and many, many people have them, but I can't deny that I loathe them on women, and would never, ever have one. I know lots of the designs are very pretty these days, and lovely colours and intricate patterns, but somehow the idea of ever having one makes me cringe because I know what my Mother and Grandmother would have said :o Old habits die hard I guess :shrug:

Don't like them much on men either :o Alex has a couple, and I've had to learn to live with them because he had them before he met me - but I'd still prefer he didn't :shrug:

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 07:38 AM
:wavey:

Now this is frustrating - have arranged to WAH today and Wednesday. Shall stlll do so but there are 2 very large holes in the OOP.:banghead:

Today I marshall all forces behind Rogi, Andy, Kohli and - and oh boy is he going to need it - our Killer Giraffe.:armed: :fiery:

Love the Julie Andrews alternative lyrics :haha:

Concur totally about the tattoos - loathe them with a passion, fashion or not, particularly on women - IMO they look trashy beyond belief.

And they are even worse on older skin. We sat behind a leathery blonde in MC whose skin - of which we could see far too much anyway :o- had started to sag. Tattoos on her arms and shoulders which she had had when younger, had now shrivelled and drooped - she looked bloody awful. :eek:

*Raine
06-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I am watching the Soderling Nadal match again. Fun times fun times. :D :worship:
I'm sure you can use your imagination :devil: You wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway - as it involved a Physio, not a tennis player :o

Rose :ras::bigwave:

I think I know who that is.

Nevermind, I am busy fangirling to Magnus Norman anyway. :p:angel:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 07:49 AM

Now this is frustrating - have arranged to WAH today and Wednesday. Shall stlll do so but there are 2 very large holes in the OOP.:banghead:

Today I marshall all forces behind Rogi, Andy, Kohli and - and oh boy is he going to need it - our Killer Giraffe.:armed: :fiery:

Love the Julie Andrews alternative lyrics :haha:

Concur totally about the tattoos - loathe them with a passion, fashion or not, particularly on women - IMO they look trashy beyond belief.

And they are even worse on older skin. We sat behind a leathery blonde in MC whose skin - of which we could see far too much anyway :o- had started to sag. Tattoos on her arms and shoulders which she had had when younger, had now shrivelled and drooped - she looked bloody awful. :eek:

I don't even know today's OOP :o - and shouldn't be here anyway as I'm at work :o

Will carry a vision of Killer Giraffes with me for the rest of the day :tape:

Later :kiss: Shouldn't be too late home today.

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Have a fun day :D

We are probably surrounded here by youthful tattoo-sporters who will now be mortally offended that you and I have them labelled as trashy tarts! Oops. :o

ellen_
06-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Killer Giraffe :rocker:

Goodmorning btw! Beautiful day again, shame it's so interesting in tennis land today. Not much to lose for me today. Andy-Gaël and JM-Jo! :dance:

I don't like tattoos either. They can sometimes be nice on men, but they get older too and then the tattoo isn't really in the right shape anymore :tape: Tattoos on women are horrible, imo.

*Raine
06-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Tattoo :scared:

Never wanted to get one in my entire life. :unsure:

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 08:30 AM
*Sighs with relief*

That's 3 of our youthful participants who're still taking to us at least :angel:

:wavey: Killer Giraffe :rocker: No gentle nibbling of the treetops today my boy - you must kick and bite and scratch :armed:

I am torn between Andy and Gael today. I'd normally go for Gael but it's such a chance for Andy. But then I have to go for Roger on Wednesday anyway :shrug:

ellen_
06-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Andy should be rewarded for washing his own stinky clothes with a win! Not every man would do that :worship: But I like Gaël too, although the country in the south of me would go slightly crazy then - and that's a bit of a scary thought :unsure: Imagine the 2 Frenchies go through today!

*Raine
06-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Herdwick, Rose and everyone.. if you're confused on who will you root for.

It's simple... just root for JWT. :D

JWT, Haas, Roddick, Monfils, Soderling :rocker2:
---------------------------------------------------------------
I had a fake tattoo once, the sticker tattoos that you get from noodle packs. :haha:

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 08:56 AM
*Shudders*

:wavey: Shame about the Penguins.:mad: Raine and I are on opposing sides yet again though for just about everyone else :lol: But I wish you a happy day regardless :devil:

Andy's really grown on me the last couple of years - his press conferences kill me. They're such a change from the normal anodyne 'I played really good' :zzz:

And it's great to see him getting a new lease of life under Stefanki.

But then Gael's had an awful time with injuries so how can I root against him ? :awww: I've liked him for years.:hug:

Decisions, decisions.

ellewoods
06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Gael v Roddick is a hard one for me. Don't like either but Monfils is the lesser of two evils so Monfils ftw!

arm
06-01-2009, 09:32 AM
I :inlove: Julie Andrews. She rocks. :rocker2: :bounce:

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Susan Boyle's in a mental hospital:sad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1189954/Susan-Boyle-admitted-The-Priory-suffers-emotional-breakdown.html

arm
06-01-2009, 09:44 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1189954/Susan-Boyle-admitted-The-Priory-suffers-emotional-breakdown.html

It sounds like the press is making this bigger than it actually is, no? :confused:

ellen_
06-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, it's really warm here :tape: We hit the 30°C in our garden.

I haven't told you about the adventures of Amer Delic, have I? :rolls: He tweeted yesterday: "Tomorrow's events in St. Moritz will include wood chopping and wrestling with grizzly bears... followed by a dip in the coldest lake ever!" :spit: I can totally picture the scene.

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 10:14 AM
It sounds like the press is making this bigger than it actually is, no? :confused:

But what else are the press for :lol:

Pretty warm here too - I'm sat in the garden with the laptop, waiting for Roger to start. Then I go back to the TV.

Not convinced by Twitter. Loved the Roddick domestics but I'd need to be VERY interested/impressed by the Tweeter to bother to follow it on a regular basis.

I looked at Andykin's page once and it failed to ensnare...:zzz:

*Raine
06-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Herdwick:

But we are on the same side, for hockey that is. :devil: :devil: :devil:

:haha: I love Andy R's pressers, I agree they are different from the usual answers by some players.

Oh no. :sad: :sad:

ellewoods
06-01-2009, 11:24 AM
omg Andy's twitter is as boring as his game :tape:

I enjoy Roddick's though.

cobalt60
06-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Wow, it's really warm here :tape: We hit the 30°C in our garden.

I haven't told you about the adventures of Amer Delic, have I? :rolls: He tweeted yesterday: "Tomorrow's events in St. Moritz will include wood chopping and wrestling with grizzly bears... followed by a dip in the coldest lake ever!" :spit: I can totally picture the scene.

Amer :hearts: One of the few I fangirl for;) Maybe the only :scratch: :lol:

ellen_
06-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Amer :hearts: One of the few I fangirl for;) Maybe the only :scratch: :lol:

He's cool, I also like him. And he's huge too :eek: :worship:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 01:46 PM

*Raine
06-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Elle: I forgot to tell you before that I am a huge fan of Missy Higgins and Sick Puppies. :D

And I agree that the other Andy's twitter is boring. But sometimes it cracks me up. :haha:

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 01:51 PM

:wavey: weak and feeble back

Ye gods - what a morning...

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 01:55 PM
:wavey: weak and feeble back

Ye gods - what a morning...

I have been attending Sex Education classes for teenage Afghan refugee boys for the past 6 hours .... and then you say that YOU feel weak and feeble :tape: :p

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 02:01 PM
:haha: You might want to re-phrase that slightly - right now sounds like it involved live demos.

*Thinks back to John Cleese in 'The Meaning of Life'* :o

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 02:02 PM
:haha: You might want to re-phrase that slightly - right now sounds like it involved live demos.

*Thinks back to John Cleese in 'The Meaning of Life'* :o

I won't ask why we need to sexually educate Afghan boys.

It did involve demos :tape: But films - not "live" , and NOT involving me I hasten to add - I was simply "observing" :rolleyes:

arm
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Dr. Sue likes the sybarite Nole fans! :bounce: :D She finally realized the wonders of this thread. :inlove:

And we like having her here. :D :hug:

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Rosie has spent the morning metaphorically deflowering young Afghan boys. Am sure the sybarites would approve.:D

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Rosie has spent the morning metaphorically deflowering young Afghan boys. Am sure the sybarites would approve.:D

Shame I would have preferred the experience with old Serbian Physios though :p Though I'm not sure "deflowering" would be the right term for Miljan - that probably happened at least 20 years ago :tape:

arm
06-01-2009, 03:01 PM

:eek: :confused:

wow :rolls: :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM
:eek: :confused:

wow :rolls: :lol:

Read back :p And all would be revealed - well almost all.

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I did say 'metaphorically' :angel:. Not wishing to defame your reputation..:D

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I did say 'metaphorically' :angel:. Not wishing to defame your reputation..:D

And of course I have such a great reputation here on MTF :angel:

arm
06-01-2009, 03:09 PM
<Sometimes I wish you girls had the same adds I have in MTF. :smash: :smash:

There always one in the top of the page that says "do the death test and find out when you'll die :devil" and whenever my mouse passes through it - which is inevitable, considering the position of the thing - it makes this very LOUD and DEATHY laugh. :smash: :fiery:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 03:13 PM

There always one in the top of the page that says "do the death test and find out when you'll die :devil" and whenever my mouse passes through it - which is inevitable, considering the position of the thing - it makes this very LOUD and DEATHY laugh. :smash: :fiery:

:rolls::tape: I WANT it and I WANT it now :devil:

Only ad I regularly get, is the one offering me the chance to meet the Chinese girl of my dreams :o I really don't know why I get this. :o

arm
06-01-2009, 03:15 PM

Only ad I regularly get, is the one offering me the chance to meet the Chinese girl of my dreams :o I really don't know why I get this. :o

Because deep down you know your soul mate is a very skinny and short chinese girl. :rolls:

ellen_
06-01-2009, 03:16 PM

I had that one too, but I also often have adds with offers of Latvian hotels and girls :scratch:

Also:

Tinnitus Treatment
Did you know that Chinese herbs can easily treat Tinnitus?
hnmrc.net

:smash: But hey, as long as MTF works, I'm quite okay with it :lol:

arm
I also have Nicole Kidman's IQ right now. :rolls: Anbd I have had Katy Perry's, George Clooney's, Obamas', etc... as well. :rolls:

Herdwick
I use Firefox ad-block plus - kills 99% of all known etc.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Because deep down you know your soul mate is a very skinny and short chinese girl. :rolls:

:tape: And I just never knew :awww:

I had that one too, but I also often have adds with offers of Latvian hotels and girls :scratch:

Why not Serbian men? Would be more fun!

arm
06-01-2009, 03:17 PM
:tape: And I just never knew :awww:

That's what friends are for. :hug: To help us find out and accept ou deepest desires and fears. :hug:

:rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
That's what friends are for. :hug: To help us find out and accept ou deepest desires and fears. :hug:

Thank you so much my dear :p

ellen_
06-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Why not Serbian men? Would be more fun!

I'm even okay with Latvian men :shrug: But no, women again :rolleyes: Tssss.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm even okay with Latvian men :shrug: But no, women again :rolleyes: Tssss.

Ah yes - I forgot you and Latvian men :o How could I?

ellen_
06-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Ah yes - I forgot you and Latvian men :o How could I?

Yes, how could you? :aplot:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Yes, how could you? :aplot:

My mind is always elsewhere - think you know where :p

Lee
06-01-2009, 03:50 PM

You may want to find out what Alex did on your laptop when your back was turned :devil:

ellen_
06-01-2009, 03:51 PM
My mind is always elsewhere - think you know where :p

Serbian men, obviously :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
You may want to find out what Alex did on your laptop when your back was turned :devil:

Lee :wavey: Yes - I thought that - but he has his own - so why would he be so stupid :shrug:

Serbian men, obviously :lol:

Indeed :D And especially Physios!

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 04:03 PM
There are signs of incipient monomania in this thread :haha:

JJ is full dramatic mood so we should get to see Andy-Gael.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 04:06 PM
There are signs of incipient monomania in this thread :haha:

JJ is full dramatic mood so we should get to see Andy-Gael.

:o

I promise I will try and behave in future :awww:

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 04:11 PM
But Sybarites live for pleasure. You can be sure the originals devoted hours to frolicking in the sun with muscular Balkan men. And they'd have jumped at the chance of instructing some young fresh Afghans.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
But Sybarites live for pleasure. You can be sure the originals devoted hours to frolicking in the sun with muscular Balkan men. And they'd have jumped at the chance of instructing some young fresh Afghans.

I thought we were the originals? :angel: Surely you're not implying that we're but cheap imitations? :awww:

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I thought we were the originals? :angel: Surely you're not implying that we're but cheap imitations? :awww:

Well see for yourself.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/577434/Sybaris

I think we should get Boris J on the subject...complete with re-inactments. There's TV programme in there for sure.:lol:

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Well see for yourself.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/577434/Sybaris

I think we should get Boris J on the subject...complete with re-inactments. There's TV programme in there for sure.:lol:

Ah - but whilst accepting we may not be the original Sybarites - surely we are the first of the Suburban variety? :D

Herdwick
06-01-2009, 04:37 PM
We cannot - alas - be sure there were no suburbs in Sybaris therefore our originality cannot be guaranteed.

Who'd have thought I'd be so bored by this match that I stooped to pedantry :o

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 04:46 PM
We cannot - alas - be sure there were no suburbs in Sybaris therefore our originality cannot be guaranteed.

Who'd have thought I'd be so bored by this match that I stooped to pedantry :o

I'm bored too :o It has no edge or atmosphere and I'm tired as well. Must have been those damned Afghan boys :tape:

*Raine
06-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Indeed :D And especially Physios!

:mad: :p

I was about to go to bed until I saw this.

:wavey: Bye it's 4:19 am here.

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 08:23 PM
:mad: :p

I was about to go to bed until I saw this.

:wavey: Bye it's 4:19 am here.

:angel: If it's 4.19am there, then you will be far too tired, and I can keep him all for myself :p

Goodnight, sweet dreams, and catch up tomorrow sometime I'm sure :kiss:

arm
06-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Raine :kiss:

*Raine
06-01-2009, 08:37 PM
:wavey::zzz:

:angel: If it's 4.19am there, then you will be far too tired, and I can keep him all for myself :p

Goodnight, sweet dreams, and catch up tomorrow sometime I'm sure :kiss:

Not fair. :sobbing:

Oh well, you'll be sleeping by the time I wake up. *whistling*

*Ljubica*
06-01-2009, 08:54 PM
:wavey::zzz:

Not fair. :sobbing:

Oh well, you'll be sleeping by the time I wake up. *whistling*

So will he :nerner: He will be very tired :p

OK - now I am off to bed too :wavey:

*Raine
06-02-2009, 09:10 AM
So will he :nerner: He will be very tired :p

OK - now I am off to bed too :wavey:

Sorry but he wasn't. :nerner:

He is a physio after all. :p:angel:

Herdwick
06-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Mind wandering and confused this morning. Must be the cornflower blue sky.:D

:bounce:

arm
06-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I did my whining in the other thread. now I must go.

Have a good day everyone :hug:

*Raine
06-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Eight straight days of watching tennis and staying up late has its effect on me already. :o

I have a cold. :sobbing:

This is why I hate time zones. :smash::ras::haha:

Noleta
06-02-2009, 12:24 PM
:hug:

Herdwick
06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Have you been snuggling up to Gonzo?

Noleta
06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Herdwik you:devil::haha:

*Raine
06-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Have you been snuggling up to Gonzo?

Yep last night right before Miljan. :angel:

Noleta
06-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Yep last night right before Miljan. :angel:

Don't tell Rose:p

*Ljubica*
06-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Rose knows everything :nerner: But - don't worry - I'm broadminded, - he can have his fun with a young girl as long as he always comes back to me :angel: And I know he will.

Raine :hug: Get well soon, - and please don't give your germs to my beloved as I truly don't want to catch a cold!

*Raine
06-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Don't tell Rose:p

She won't know the details anyway. :angel: *whistling*

Rose knows everything :nerner: But - don't worry - I'm broadminded, - he can have his fun with a young girl as long as he always comes back to me :angel: And I know he will.

Raine :hug: Get well soon, - and please don't give your germs to my beloved as I truly don't want to catch a cold!

It's the other way around Rose. ;) He always comes back to me. :D :angel::inlove:

:tape: :sobbing: I have to get well soon. Medicines are expensive. I blame Feña. :haha:

*Ljubica*
06-02-2009, 03:06 PM
She won't know the details anyway. :angel: *whistling*

It's the other way around Rose. ;) He always comes back to me. :D :angel::inlove:

:tape: :sobbing: I have to get well soon. Medicines are expensive. I blame Feña. :haha:

But didn't you know he tells me everything? :angel:

As for Feña - seem you had your pleasure - now you have to pay the price :nerner:

*Raine
06-02-2009, 05:14 PM
But didn't you know he tells me everything? :angel:

As for Feña - seem you had your pleasure - now you have to pay the price :nerner:

He just makes up all of it Rose. You should know that he's deceiving you. :p :haha: Anyway, you can have him for today. I'll settle for Magnus Norman. :angel:

:wavey: Now I have to go to bed since it's already late here. Boo to Feña for giving me virus(:lol:) but yay to him for winning! :D

[/end of being delusional]

*Ljubica*
06-02-2009, 05:14 PM
He just makes up all of it Rose. You should know that he's deceiving you. :p :haha: Anyway, you can have him for today. I'll settle for Magnus Norman. :angel:

:wavey: Now I have to go to bed since it's already late here. Boo to Feña for giving me virus(:lol:) but yay to him for winning! :D

[/end of being delusional]

:lol: Men are always deceivers - it comes as no surprise :sad: Goodnight anyway, and hope you feel better tomorrow :hug:

ellen_
06-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Noleta, do you watch Mijn Restaurant? Don't you think the woman who's blabbering through right now in Kortrijk (she's also in the news on VTM) has horrible eyebrows? And an awful hairstyle too :help:

Herdwick
06-02-2009, 08:06 PM
It's clearly TV night!

Rosie - and anyone else with BBC access - put BBC4 on now. 'Meet the British' :lol: - it's hilarious.

*Ljubica*
06-02-2009, 08:09 PM
It's clearly TV night!

Rosie - and anyone else with BBC access - put BBC4 on now. 'Meet the British' :lol: - it's hilarious.

There was no one around :sad: So I was chatting to a friend of mine on FB.

And OK - was just about to have a bath, but I will turn it on just for you :D

Enjoy your WAH tomorrow whilst I have to get up at 5.30am and go into that stuffy office again :awww:

Goodnight :kiss:

Herdwick
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Have been watching Poldark:D

Dry-cleaned eggs :rolls: It's a bit patchy - but there's some classics in there :lol:

I shall enjoy a nice lie-in with tea in bed. :bounce:

Have a lovely day - I shall roar Roger on (I assume he is the lesser of the 2 evils tomorrow for you). Giraffe should be safe I think, although nothing is certain this week.

ellen_
06-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Still don't know what a WAH is. Was actually waiting for Raquel to become mad but I decided not to wait any longer :p

And Giraffe is never safe when you think he should be safe :unsure: If that makes sense. Uncertainty is gonna kill me this week.

neenah
06-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Pretty sure I can still catch Raquel here. :scratch:

And a :wavey: to everyone else, as well!

Raquel, I did see your post...decided to reply here for simplicity, and I haven't been in a while so it'd be good of me to drop by. :) I'm very excited for college, about to buy a laptop actually! I only have a couple exams this year since I already took two a month ago, so, apart from a huge Spanish paper, I don't have much work left. :p Yay, summer! :dance:

cobalt60
06-03-2009, 12:43 AM
First off thanks Raquel for the nice comment. This is a welcoming thread. And POLDARK- OMG when I was in my 20's I adored Robin Ellis. The woman who played the lead was beautiful too. Unusual name- Angarard or something like that.

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 05:17 AM
Still don't know what a WAH is. Was actually waiting for Raquel to become mad but I decided not to wait any longer :p

And Giraffe is never safe when you think he should be safe :unsure: If that makes sense. Uncertainty is gonna kill me this week.

The letters WAH standing for Working At Home. :) Herdwick and I do it as often as possible;)

First off thanks Raquel for the nice comment. This is a welcoming thread. And POLDARK- OMG when I was in my 20's I adored Robin Ellis. The woman who played the lead was beautiful too. Unusual name- Angarard or something like that.

Angharad Rees - very pretty Welsh actress. Angharad is actually a very common Welsh name, and, coincidentally, the name of my closest work colleague - bit of random information there :) Loved the "Poldark" books, and you would be surprised how many girls here in the UK were suddenly named Demelza and Kerenza after that TV series!

And glad you like our thread - we always welcome nice people :D

Pretty sure I can still catch Raquel here. :scratch:

And a :wavey: to everyone else, as well!

Raquel, I did see your post...decided to reply here for simplicity, and I haven't been in a while so it'd be good of me to drop by. :) I'm very excited for college, about to buy a laptop actually! I only have a couple exams this year since I already took two a month ago, so, apart from a huge Spanish paper, I don't have much work left. :p Yay, summer! :dance:

Neenah:wavey: Nice to see you here - you should stop by more often :D

OK - I have to go to work now - sooner I get there, - the sooner I can slink out to watch tennis.

Herdwick - hope you enjoy your tea in bed :spit::lol:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
:wavey: Morning

Sue - hello and welcome. The thread was devised for those of us with wandering, confused but versatile minds and has developed a very happy little life.:D

Whole Poldark series has just started again on one of our satellite channel so shall enjoy it no end. Shall have to re-read the books too :bounce:

ellen_
06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
:wavey: Morning, noon, evening, night!

The letters WAH standing for Working At Home. :) Herdwick and I do it as often as possible;)

Thanks, was hoping for something more spectacular though :ras:

What this late "kick-off" time at RG does with a person..., I started cleaning up the mess in my room :worship: I probably threw away important things too, but I'm proud nevertheless.

:secret: And a happy birthday to RN :kiss:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
:wavey: Morning, noon, evening, night!

Thanks, was hoping for something more spectacular though :ras:

What this late "kick-off" time at RG does with a person..., I started cleaning up the mess in my room :worship: I probably threw away important things too, but I'm proud nevertheless.

:secret: And a happy birthday to RN :kiss:

Congrats :worship: Wish I was at home (working or otherwise) cleaning my room – it would be much more exciting than being here bored out of mind today, but not really able to access Internet much :sad: Most exciting thing I have to do is eat my very boring strawberry-flavoured fromage frais, which is nice enough I guess, but would be far more interesting if it was a sticky pastry with fresh cream or something :o But sadly Alex has decided we both need to “eat more healthily” :spit: so it’s out with the sticky buns and chocolate and in with the fresh fruit, and fat-free fromage frais. I am hoping he’ll get bored in a week, because I am bored already.

Edit: Am trying to ignore the final comment :nerner: :tape:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Not keen on fromage frais myself. Am mainlining seedless grapes at present.

And dearest Rafa is 23 :hug: :hug: :aparty: :drink: :bounce: A thought to cheer me while I clear out my fridge...

ellen_
06-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Congrats :worship: Wish I was at home (working or otherwise) cleaning my room – it would be much more exciting than being here bored out of mind today, but not really able to access Internet much :sad: Most exciting thing I have to do is eat my very boring strawberry-flavoured fromage frais, which is nice enough I guess, but would be far more interesting if it was a sticky pastry with fresh cream or something :o But sadly Alex has decided we both need to “eat more healthily” :spit: so it’s out with the sticky buns and chocolate and in with the fresh fruit, and fat-free fromage frais. I am hoping he’ll get bored in a week, because I am bored already.

Edit: Am trying to ignore the final comment :nerner: :tape:

Is it me or do you Brits use cream in everything you eat? :scratch: I just eat fresh fruit salad every day, without things that ruin the flavours :p

I'm still messed up from Munich and Paris, I'm now used to eating Italian food every day :lol: Pasta, pizza, risotto :inlove:

Can you believe that I actually thought about studying just now? :eek: Should really do it though. Psychology exams and Healthcare/First aid exam are coming close :unsure:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM
http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/nona_024/Xmisc/15.gif?t=1243996793

Image of the day :haha: Love it

I can take or leave cream myself. Don't think it's eaten so much over here as it used to be. The US, Austria and Germany seem to be the cream freaks in my experience.

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Is it me or do you Brits use cream in everything you eat? :scratch: I just eat fresh fruit salad every day, without things that ruin the flavours :p

I'm still messed up from Munich and Paris, I'm now used to eating Italian food every day :lol: Pasta, pizza, risotto :inlove:

Can you believe that I actually thought about studying just now? :eek: Should really do it though. Psychology exams and Healthcare/First aid exam are coming close :unsure:

Not sure to be honest :shrug: Maybe not always cream, but certainly must admit the idea of eating a fruit salad without some kind of “topping” – either cream, or yoghurt or fromage frais does makes me feel a little ill – so maybe we do :o And I put custard on almost every hot dessert too. Think the Serbs are pretty bad on it as well – Alex loves this cheesecake type thing for breakfast, but he has to have sour cream on it – says it’s “too dry” without :shrug: Presumably hence the reason he’s now decided that we eat way too much fat and products full of chloresterol (cheese, butter, cream, cakes, biscuits etc – he’s probably right too :o ) and we ought to try and be careful. It won’t last with me though – I have absolutely NO willpower :o and even as I type this I can see the “sandwich man” just arrived with his trolley and would almost kill for a sticky bun :o

Italian food I love too :)

Study :eek: You MUST be desparate :lol:

Image of the day :haha: Love it

I can take or leave cream myself. Don't think it's eaten so much over here as it used to be. The US, Austria and Germany seem to be the cream freaks in my experience.

:awww: So cute :inlove:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Fat's not the problem apparently, according to the latest scientific thinking - we cope with it pretty well. It's refined carbohydrates that we're not designed to deal with...

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Fat's not the problem apparently, according to the latest scientific thinking - we cope with it pretty well. It's refined carbohydrates that we're not designed to deal with...

Well as far as I can see, they seem to change their minds every week :shrug: In my own personal view, pretty much every food type is OK used sensibly and in moderation – it’s when you eat ONLY processed foods, junk foods, fried foods or whatever, with no variation, that the problems begin. And I know my beloved will get mightily bored with this health-kick in a week or so anyway – he’s a child bought up on greasy burek after all :shrug: So until this latest phase passes I shall just suffer in silence :angel:

ellen_
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
This world is getting crazier each day :worship: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1189998/Licence-chill-Ice-lolly-shaped-like-James-Bond-star-Daniel-Craig.html

They could've at least come up with someone else than Daniel Craig... :rolleyes: Rosie, I can hear you dreaming!

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 11:06 AM
This world is getting crazier each day :worship: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1189998/Licence-chill-Ice-lolly-shaped-like-James-Bond-star-Daniel-Craig.html

They could've at least come up with someone else than Daniel Craig... :rolleyes: Rosie, I can hear you dreaming!

LOL! What is the world coming too :tape: Must say Daniel doesn’t really do it for me either – but if someone was to develop a Miljan ice-lolly :o I may need to find out more!

And there was me thinking my dreams were quiet :o

ellen_
06-03-2009, 11:45 AM
LOL! What is the world coming too :tape: Must say Daniel doesn’t really do it for me either – but if someone was to develop a Miljan ice-lolly :o I may need to find out more!

And there was me thinking my dreams were quiet :o

At least you'll have more lolly when it's in the shape of Miljan then in Nole's shape :tape:

Haven't discussed our preferences for today's matches yet. Fully supporting Kuzzie, don't care who wins the other match. If Cirstea plays as against JJ, she can win. But I like Sammie too.

Same story at the men's side for me actually. Juano gets my full support! :bounce: Gael-Roger should be one to watch, and I hope it will be long one :devil:

*Raine
06-03-2009, 12:20 PM

Let's go Penguins!!! :D :D :D :worship:

doesn’t really do it for me either – but if someone was to develop a Miljan ice-lolly :o I may need to find out more!

*sings* There she goes.. there she goes again. :mad:

Noleta
06-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Noleta, do you watch Mijn Restaurant? Don't you think the woman who's blabbering through right now in Kortrijk (she's also in the news on VTM) has horrible eyebrows? And an awful hairstyle too :help:

I must be the only one in Flanders that doesn't watch the show:odo you know her name:confused:

Lol an ice lolly in the shape of DG:spit:imagine the thought:eek::lol:Rose:hug:i feel for you:lol:i love my food and don't have the will to be on a diet:tape:luckily for me i don't have to watch what i'm eating:o

ellen have fun with your studie:hug:and a happy birthday to Nadal:dance:

ellen_
06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I must be the only one in Flanders that doesn't watch the show:odo you know her name:confused:

Yes I think you were the only one :lol: Even my grandparents watched it. And I think the woman is called Kathleen Peeraer.

ellewoods
06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Not keen on fromage frais myself. Am mainlining seedless grapes at present.

And dearest Rafa is 23 :hug: :hug: :aparty: :drink: :bounce: A thought to cheer me while I clear out my fridge...

In his presser after his loss he said it would be the first birthday not spent at RG in the last few years :awww: Happy birthday all the same Rafa :kiss:

Noleta
06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Yes I think you were the only one :lol: Even my grandparents watched it. And I think the woman is called Kathleen Peeraer.

So who was the winner:)

ellen_
06-03-2009, 01:18 PM
So who was the winner:)

You don't know? :lol: It's even been on the news as a highlight :spit: Kortrijk won, was hoping for the other ones though :awww:

*Raine
06-03-2009, 01:22 PM
:wavey: Herdwick

Thanks for posting that Penguin pic in this thread too. Talbot made me so proud today. :rocker::inlove:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
:wavey: to you too

But why are you being nice to me?:confused:

ellen_
06-03-2009, 01:47 PM
You should be happy :shrug: She doesn't wave to us like that :tears:

Noleta
06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
You don't know? :lol: It's even been on the news as a highlight :spit: Kortrijk won, was hoping for the other ones though :awww:

I'll make sure i watch the news this evening:pi don't like cookery programmes:shrug:

*Raine
06-03-2009, 01:58 PM
:wavey: to you too

But why are you being nice to me?:confused:

I'm being nice before the match starts. I'll be rooting for Gael. ;)

Seriously, I'm always an :angel:.

:p

You should be happy :shrug: She doesn't wave to us like that :tears:

:haha: What are you talking about Ellen? :devil:

:wavey: to you too.

arm
06-03-2009, 06:41 PM
I have abdominal ache :sad: and Gael lost and now all my hope is with Soderling and Gonzo. Though I can only see one winner right now and it's none of them. :shout: :fiery:

To sum up, I am in pain in all possible levels. :mad:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I have abdominal ache :sad: and Gael lost and now all my hope is with Soderling and Gonzo. Though I can only see one winner right now and it's none of them. :shout: :fiery:

To sum up, I am in pain in all possible levels. :mad:

Raquel :hug: Hope you feel better soon. And as for the tennis - I am also totally bored and fed up with it :rolleyes: Hurry up and get it over with I say - and let's look forward to Nole matches, and a different surface :)

ellen_
06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Raquel :hug: Hope you feel better soon. And as for the tennis - I amalsototallyboredafed Iamtotallybored and

Have you been drinking again, Rosie? Or are you trying to overpower Herdwick with difficult words and complicated sentences? :devil:

Raquel :wavey: Hope you feel better soon :awww: You would always say that it will pass away and that there will be better times :hug:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Have you been drinking again, Rosie? Or are you trying to overpower Herdwick with difficult words and complicated sentences? :devil:

:rolls: My keyboard froze and my f****** computer stalled and died as it so often does :rolleyes: As you will see, I have amended now. And I'm sure I could NEVER overpower Herdwick on that score :D

And what do you mean "drinking again" :rolleyes: You know what an :angel: I am :p You'll give me a bad reputation saying things like that ;)

ellen_
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm proud and happy to have captured that! :aparty:

And I already miss clay :shrug: I love seeing Erno on clay and I just didn't see enough matches of him this clayseason :sobbing: Thank god he likes grass too :smoke:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Herdiwick will be incommunicado until Poldark has finished :angel:

Meanwhile someone rub Raquel's tummy:awww:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm proud and happy to have captured that! :aparty:

:nerner: Then why not nominate me for the Arse Clown Contest - oooops -sorry - somebody already has :tape: :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Herdiwick will be incommunicado until Poldark has finished :angel:

I will probably be :zzz: by then :D

ellen_
06-03-2009, 07:34 PM
:nerner: Then why not nominate me for the Arse Clown Contest - oooops -sorry - somebody already has :tape: :rolls:

I will seriously consider it :hatoff: Thanks for the tip! I have to nominate another arse clown first --> elections on Sunday :zzz:

Thank god we can laugh with eachother from time to time here :hug:

arm
06-03-2009, 07:35 PM
thanks Rosie. :hug:

Tennis does suck right now, but the selfish part of me is glad Nole lost early in the tournament because from his loss on I have studied x3 or x4 what i studied before. :o

And in case anyone is wondering, this is not a food disorder. :tape: It will be over in 3 to 5 days. :o :rolls: I think I was clear enough. :lol:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 07:37 PM

Tennis does suck right now, but the selfish part of me is glad Nole lost early in the tournament because from his loss on I have studyed x3 or x4 what i studyed before. :o

And iun case anyone is wondering, this is not a food disorder. :tape: It will be over in 3 to 5 days. :o :rolls:

So what you're saying is Fortuna jinxed him for the sake of her studies :nerner: Poor Nole :awww:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
And iun case anyone is wondering, this is not a food disorder. :tape: It will be over in 3 to 5 days. :o :rolls:

One sympathises :hug:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I will seriously consider it :hatoff: Thanks for the tip! I have to nominate another arse clown first --> elections on Sunday :zzz:

Thank god we can laugh with eachother from time to time here :hug:

European elections you mean? Ours are on Thursday.

As for laughing at ourselves - much better to laugh amongst ourselves as friends, than just wait for the resident trolls to lurk here and laugh at us :D

arm
06-03-2009, 07:39 PM

:bigcry: I have no idea, but I guess nobody nominated me. :awww: Life is unfair!

arm
06-03-2009, 07:40 PM
So what you're saying is Fortuna jinxed him for the sake of her studies :nerner: Poor Nole :awww:

:awww: I'd never do it deliberately. :awww: :sad:

ellen_
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM
European elections you mean? Ours are on Thursday.

As for laughing at ourselves - much better to laugh amongst ourselves as friends, than just wait for the resident trolls to lurk here and laugh at us :D

For both the European and Flemish parliament.... I think :o

On Thursday? How does that go? You have to go voting during work? :scratch:

arm
06-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Elections on THURSDAY?

That is ridicullous. We always have elctions on sundays so that everyone has the time to vote. :eek:

arm
06-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Btw, Herdwick :hug: thanks

and tummy is such a sweet word. :awww: Always makes me think of pregnant women and babies.

Our word is Portuguese also sound sfunny as hell: "barriga".

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry for delay in replying - PC crashed again :rolleyes: And elections in the UK are always on a Thursday - always have been :shrug: Polling stations open at 7.00am and close at around 10.00pm, and are set up in almost every School or Commuity Centre, so everyone can get there easily. Must admit I don't see a probem with it, but I guess its just what you get used to.

:bigcry: I have no idea, but I guess nobody nominated me. :awww: Life is unfair!

Have no idea :shrug: The thread is enormous and I haven't read it at all closely - just happened to lurk in a bored moment at work the other day, and saw that I had been. I think almost everyone has been though - so you shouldn't be so sure :o

Tennis does suck right now, but the selfish part of me is glad Nole lost early in the tournament because from his loss on I have studied x3 or x4 what i studied before. :o

And in case anyone is wondering, this is not a food disorder. :tape: It will be over in 3 to 5 days. :o :rolls: I think I was clear enough. :lol:

The worst kind :hug: Put a hot water bottle or something on your tummy and eat chocolate :D

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Poldark over; Herdwick returns.:D

Don't tell me - everyone else has gone?

Elections here always on Thursday - no idea why :shrug:

arm
06-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I could never leave you. :kiss:

It's really strange that it's always on thursday. :shrug:

BTW Herdwick, I am still mad at you, you know? :mad:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
I could never leave you. :kiss:

It's really strange that it's always on thursday. :shrug:

BTW Herdwick, I am still mad at you, you know? :mad:

Can't find out why it's Thursday :shrug: Web is no help.

Why - what have I done now? :unsure: :scratch:

arm
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM

You never told me about that very hot guy from "faces of disco". :mad:

Rosie :hug: I am getting better now. :D

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 08:14 PM

All I can come up with is just that it's a tradition:shrug: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Day_(United_Kingdom)

arm
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
It's really fun the stuff we learn in MTF. I'd neve rimgine elections day in UK would be thursday. :shrug:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Sorry - thought I was the only one with plebian tastes round here; assumed the rest of you were into Schubert's Lieder...:shrug:

Which hot guy?

arm
06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry - thought I was the only one with plebian tastes round here; assumed the rest of you were into Schubert's Lieder...:shrug:

Which hot guy?

The one with long hair. :hearts: :o I know, I know, I have a peculiar taste. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I see no hot guys :sad:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ag_Dg_sm2w

Barack or Gordon?

Ant or Dec?

Simon or Simon? :lol:

Assume you mean the one on the left?

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ag_Dg_sm2w

Barack or Gordon?

Ant or Dec?

Simon or Simon? :lol:

Assume you mean the one on the left?

:rolls: :lol: :haha:

arm
06-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I had so much fun watching this show last monday :rolls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ZbqrJ_Q0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Vm96OaEAo

little portuguese men wearing very funny outfits. :rolls:

Barack :hearts: I said I have a peculiar taste :nerner:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Naw - not convinced - looks like a boy band reject. Too shiny and pretty for me.

'Who can save him?'

OT - always think Portuguese sounds vaguely Russian/Slavic - it's the 'oussh' sound I guess...

*Ljubica*
06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
OK sweet girls- I'm off :wavey: Sweet dreams of boy bands or whatever and speak tomorrow I'm sure :kiss:

arm
06-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Naw - not convinced - looks like a boy band reject. Too shiny and pretty for me.

'Who can save him?'

OT - always think Portuguese sounds vaguely Russian/Slavic - it's the 'oussh' sound I guess...

Nope it's more like "save yourself if you can" though it's not that either. Hard to translate because it's something we say here in Portugal. :shrug:

I think portuguese sounds very funny to people who can't understand it. True?

Rosie :kiss:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Night :wavey:

Thursday is Herdwick's carousing night, so unlikely. But I shall be here with renewed fervour on Friday in Roger's cause. Virgins are lined up quaking already.:devil:

Not 'funny' exactly? But most unlike Spanish, French or Italian. Distinctive is the best word.

arm
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Distinctive... I guess you're right. ;)

I love my mothertongue though. :inlove:

ellen_
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Goodnight, Rose :wavey: Think I'll set course to bed too, having a minor cold and feel a headache coming up. Probably thought too much about studying today :awww: So goodnight all!

arm
06-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Herdwick, ellen, try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R1YAvSlRuA&feature=PlayList&p=F6AF427026CF9E23&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krz9I0ETbaM&feature=related

Brazilian accent, though. :mad:

:haha:

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Obrigada. That to me sounds more 'latin' than the other example you posted.:lol:

arm
06-03-2009, 09:00 PM

Obrigada. That to me sounds more 'latin' than the other example you posted.:lol:

:rolls: Did you say it out loud? I mean, did you try to imitate it?

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 09:02 PM
No - he went too quick! :lol:

arm
06-03-2009, 09:02 PM
have I ever posted this here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXf3wx5nPXU

Herdwick
06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes - I can't believe it's real. But I think someone assured us it was?

Ok - bath running so it's good night from me:wavey:

arm
06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Sure I have! :smash:

How silly. I just keep running into it.

Enjoy :wavey:

arm
06-03-2009, 09:32 PM
off to sleep :wavey:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 05:12 AM
Goodnight, Rose :wavey: Think I'll set course to bed too, having a minor cold and feel a headache coming up. Probably thought too much about studying today :awww: So goodnight all!

:awww: Hope you feel better today Ellen :hug:

Anyway- time for me to go to work :spit: Catch you all later.

ellen_
06-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Morning :wavey:

A lot of storms on different fronts at RG 09. Navratilova gets in the mess too now :worship:

"Navratilova terms grunting players cheats" http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20090604/379/tsp-navratilova-terms-grunting-players-c.html

*Raine
06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
^ :worship: I will surely miss this tournament when it's over.

Check out our dog (named Miki) opening our mini gate to the garden: :awww:

36LAuSSMDU0

ellen_
06-04-2009, 09:05 AM
:haha: What a cool dog! With brains :worship:

I'm not a great artist but I suddenly felt the need to draw a FedTard. We've been laughing with ourselves here anyway so I thought I could share my artistic creations here with you too :o

arm
06-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Is the last guy Roddick? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXQ6BlGoJI&feature=related

:haha:

arm
06-04-2009, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s1MIR-EMuA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9udqgfGSAM&feature=related

ellen_
06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Yep, Andy participated in The Weakest Link.

And we have a Belgian in the final of RG doubles! :worship: Dick Norman and Wesley Moodie beat Bob and Mike Bryan! I'm sorry for the brothers, I like them and things aren't really going great for them, but a Belgian in the final is just awesome. Dickie really deserves this, I'm so happy for him :woohoo:

arm
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
I am happy for Safina :bigclap:

And for Kuznetsova :bounce: 2 games to go. :D

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Yep, Andy participated in The Weakest Link.

And we have a Belgian in the final of RG doubles! :worship: Dick Norman and Wesley Moodie beat Bob and Mike Bryan! I'm sorry for the brothers, I like them and things aren't really going great for them, but a Belgian in the final is just awesome. Dickie really deserves this, I'm so happy for him :woohoo:

Congrats to the Belgiums :bigclap:

Btw Ellen -I "may" be going to Wimbledon after all now- just found out I might have a free ticket on one of the first days :o If it happens I will let you know for sure :D

I am happy for Safina :bigclap:

And for Kuznetsova :bounce: 2 games to go. :D

My Lady Fortuna :wavey: How are you today? How's the stomach ache? :awww: A bit better I hope.

arm
06-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh no more pain. :bounce: :D Thanks for asking/remembering :hug:

Exam tomorrow :bounce: so fingers crossed girls, I really need to pass this one, because this is one of the 3 exams that I only have a shot at. :unsure: But it will be fine. :D

have to go study :wavey::hug:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh no more pain. :bounce: :D Thanks for asking/remembering :hug:

Exam tomorrow :bounce: so fingers crossed girls, I really need to pass this one, because this is one of the 3 exams that I only have a shot at. :unsure: But it will be fine. :D

have to go study :wavey::hug:

Of course I remember :D You're my friend and I care about you :hug:

As for the exam - I have everything crossed for you:D I'm sure you will do fine - good luck :hug:

*Raine
06-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Today's my official day off from tennis. Happy for Dinara. :rocker2:

Ellen: I can't see your drawing :sad:. I'm also :worship: to our dog, she probably watched us open that gate a million times already.

I'm happy for your countryman.

Rose: Have you seen my dog's video? :D Do you have a video/picture of your cats too? I want to see.:awww:

Raquel: Good luck in your exams.

To my no. 1 fan: Herdwick

Have a great day. :devil: :haha: :p

ellen_
06-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Btw Ellen -I "may" be going to Wimbledon after all now- just found out I might have a free ticket on one of the first days :o If it happens I will let you know for sure :D

You get a free ticket while we have to join the queue at 6am, or maybe the evening before and stay overnight in case Ernie draws a topseed in first round (which is very possible)? :eek: So unfair! :ras:

Guess you didn't fall in love with my imaginary FedTard? :sobbing:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Rose: Have you seen my dog's video? :D Do you have a video/picture of your cats too? I want to see.:awww:[B]

:awww: Miki is adorable:inlove:

As for my cats - well I don't have a video - but have loads of photos -most of which are on FB, or sometimes appear in my avvy.

Anyway - just for you - here they are - Sasha (big, fat, old ginger cat), followed by Wilby (big, fat, old, ginger and white :cat:), Henry (slightly younger and slimmer ginger cat), Frodo (black and white),and Liljana (the only girl :D )

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 04:41 PM
You get a free ticket while we have to join the queue at 6am, or maybe the evening before and stay overnight in case Ernie draws a topseed in first round (which is very possible)? :eek: So unfair! :ras:

Guess you didn't fall in love with my imaginary FedTard? :sobbing:

:awww: Well I did say "might" have a ticket - it isn't 100% certain yet. Just depends on whether this guy I know (no - nothing naughty, just a very old friend) is doing any work at the tournament. Up until yesterday he definately wasn't - then today he mailed me and said he might be after all, and would get me a ticket if he came over - so I maybe disappointed yet :sad:

As for your FedTard :hearts: I rather hoped you could get me his phone number :inlove:

*Raine
06-04-2009, 04:59 PM
:awww: Miki is adorable:inlove:

As for my cats - well I don't have a video - but have loads of photos -most of which are on FB, or sometimes appear in my avvy.

Anyway - just for you - here they are - Sasha (big, fat, old ginger cat), followed by Wilby (big, fat, old, ginger and white :cat:), Henry (slightly younger and slimmer ginger cat), Frodo (black and white),and Liljana (the only girl :D )

I'll post pictures of our three dogs tomorrow. They seem to be thin but that's what native dogs here are like, trust me they are healthy. :)

We can't have cats here, my asthma might come back. :sobbing:

They are all cute, Henry reminds me of Garfield and Frodo the cat version of Snoopy.

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 05:26 PM
I'll post pictures of our three dogs tomorrow. They seem to be thin but that's what native dogs here are like, trust me they are healthy. :)

We can't have cats here, my asthma might come back. :sobbing:

They are all cute, Henry reminds me of Garfield and Frodo the cat version of Snoopy.

LOL- yes - Frodo is quite like a Snoopy I suppose, though most people here merely liken him to the cat on the Felix Cat Food adverts. And in case you don't have "Felix" where you are - this is him :D There are definaitely similarities. Look forward to seeing the :dog: family tomorrow.

arm
06-04-2009, 06:35 PM
:haha: What a cool dog! With brains :worship:

I'm not a great artist but I suddenly felt the need to draw a FedTard. We've been laughing with ourselves here anyway so I thought I could share my artistic creations here with you too :o

I only saw this now. :haha:

Ellen :worship:

And Rosie and Raine :kiss:

ellen_
06-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Ellen: [/B]I can't see your drawing :sad:. I'm also :worship: to our dog, she probably watched us open that gate a million times already.

I'm happy for your countryman.

Here's the link, maybe you can see it like this?

http://picasaweb.google.com/ellenv88/Algemeen?authkey=Gv1sRgCJDPooiVuOyzAg#534340723338 3028306

ellen_
06-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I wasn't the only one who's been drawing. Susan Boyle, by Laetitia Guilbaud

:rolls: :worship:

http://www.hln.be/static/FOTO/pe/9/15/2/album_large_927722.jpg

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 08:02 PM
I wasn't the only one who's been drawing. Susan Boyle, by Laetitia Guilbaud

:rolls: :worship:

http://www.hln.be/static/FOTO/pe/9/15/2/album_large_927722.jpg

Wow:eek:That's kind of amazing in a strange way (if that makes sense :o )

ellen_
06-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Just watching something on tv about 'Trophy kids'. Just disgusting. Poor kids get humiliated by their own f*cking parents every time of the day, and they truly believe themselves that they're doing the right thing by pushing their kids into their own dreams they never managed to realize :shrug: Idiots. These things upset me.

These kids don't go to school anymore. The examples they give are just awful. The kids are brainwashed :shrug:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Just watching something on tv about 'Trophy kids'. Just disgusting. Poor kids get humiliated by their own f*cking parents every time of the day, and they truly believe themselves that they're doing the right thing by pushing their kids into their own dreams they never managed to realize :shrug: Idiots. These things upset me.

:awww: Well sadly it happens everywhere all the time - and I think the tennis world is a really good example of it. People fail in their chosen careers, and never live up to the high expectations they put upon themselves - so then, when their children come along, they project all their hopes, dreams and aspirations onto the kids. Very sad, but it happens all the time. Don't let it upset you though :hug:

ellen_
06-04-2009, 08:25 PM
:awww: Well sadly it happens everywhere all the time - and I think the tennis world is a really good example of it. People fail in their chosen careers, and never live up to the high expectations they put upon themselves - so then, when their children come along, they project all their hopes, dreams and aspirations onto the kids. Very sad, but it happens all the time. Don't let it upset you though :hug:

I thought it used to happen more often. I had the impression that the kids are becoming smarter than the parents. A lot of them see the advantages of having a diploma in this era. As a pro athelete, you can be without a job in a nanosecond because of an injury. Unfortunately, these kind of things will always happen indeed. And thank god, the world offers 2nd chances to people who didn't get proper education as a kid.

This is study material for me so I had to rant about it ;)

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I thought it used to happen more often. I had the impression that the kids are becoming smarter than the parents. A lot of them see the advantages of having a diploma in this era. As a pro athelete, you can be without a job in a nanosecond because of an injury. Unfortunately, these kind of things will always happen indeed. And thank god, the world offers 2nd chances to people who didn't get proper education as a kid.

This is study material for me so I had to rant about it ;)

Rant away :hug: That's what this thread is for.

arm
06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Busy day in Herdwick's tower. :scratch: :rolls:

have to go study a bit more. Tomorrow the exam is at 2pm and then I am going to cath the bus or a ride to Chaves.

So see you later tomorrow our next saturday. :kiss::hug:

ellen_
06-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Good luck, R :wavey: Ace it! You can do it! :bounce: x 340945084353

I'm gonna get under the covers. Night all! :zzz:

*Ljubica*
06-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Good luck again Raquel :kiss:

And goodnight Ellen - sleep well:hug: I'm going to bed now too :zzz:

ellen_
06-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Goodmorning :wavey:

Was reading the news and read "Giant sharks in Cornwall" :speakles: :scared: Everyone thinks I'm crazy with my fear for the sea, but I will be right in the end. I WILL be right. I'll be the only survivor while everyone gets eaten during a dip in the water. But keep them there for now, okay? :bolt:

Herdwick
06-05-2009, 09:22 AM

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641277704

Not confirmed - no panic just yet :lol: I've been swimming in UK seas now for 30 years and I'm still here. You're far more at risk of powerful currents.

New fridge freezer should arrive today :bounce: I am telling myself it will be needed for the champagne to toast Roger on Sunday. :scared::hysteric:

arm
06-05-2009, 09:48 AM
:wavey: to those 2 lucky people who get to work from home on fridays. :nerner:

I have to go write an exam. :wavey: :hug: Have a good day!

Herdwick
06-05-2009, 09:56 AM
:nerner: Am actually having to work - most irritating.

:armed: for the exam. But you are a nascent genius so we have no fears for you.:D

ellen_
06-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Enjoy the exam, R! :bounce:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641277704

Not confirmed - no panic just yet :lol: I've been swimming in UK seas now for 30 years and I'm still here. You're far more at risk of powerful currents.

New fridge freezer should arrive today :bounce: I am telling myself it will be needed for the champagne to toast Roger on Sunday. :scared::hysteric:

I'm safe here in my swimming pool. No currents, no sharks or other creatures, and most important: no annoying sand!

Wishful thinking. I'd rather think Killer Giraffe will lift up his leg and squeeze Rogie under it :devil: Or strangle him with his neck. I would feel sorry for Roger if he loses though, but I'm willing to ignore that feeling for once.

:nerner:

http://www.hammerland.net/galleries/showcase/slides/Young%20Giraffe.jpg

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Goodmorning :wavey:

Was reading the news and read "Giant sharks in Cornwall" :speakles: :scared: Everyone thinks I'm crazy with my fear for the sea, but I will be right in the end. I WILL be right. I'll be the only survivor while everyone gets eaten during a dip in the water. But keep them there for now, okay? :bolt:

:awww: Guess everyone is scared of something - no shame in it. I love the sea though, and I :inlove: sharks too - I think they are amazing, magnificent creatures.

Morning Herdwick, and Raquel (though guess Raquel will have left by now :sad: )

*Raine
06-05-2009, 10:33 AM
:wavey: Rose and Raquel

Ellen: How was your snack? You made me so hungry. :mad:

Anyway, I do love to swim but I'm afraid of the deeper part of the sea, I don't like to swim since I'm afraid of drowning even if I know how, reminds me of the time I drowned when I was a kid. :scared:

Herdwick: We missed you. :p :haha: :devil:

ellen_
06-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Ellen: How was your snack? You made me so hungry. :mad:

Anyway, I do love to swim but I'm afraid of the deeper part of the sea, I don't like to swim since I'm afraid of drowning even if I know how, reminds me of the time I drowned when I was a kid. :scared:

It wasn't really a snack, it was lunch :lol: Risotto with onion, garlic, mushrooms and parmigiano was goooood :lick: :p

Yes, I know we have the same kind of fear. I sympathize :hug:

ellewoods
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone :wavey:

That giraffe picture is rather frightening and Delpo is far from being that :inlove:

Guess what? I may be going to Hong Kong next month!! :bounce: Oh and that exam I thought I did really bad in earlier this semester? Not so bad afterall :D Oooh and I got another hefty cash hand-out from the government to stimulate the economy...too bad I'm going to be saving it to stimulate the European economies :lol:

PS. Sending good luck vibes to Raquel for her exam :hug:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 10:47 AM
:inlove: Killer Giraffe :hearts: He is adorable - :secret: and far more handsome than delpo :o

Elle :hug: Well done on the exam results - and have a great time in Hong Kong - how exciting :D

Raine :kiss:

ellen_
06-05-2009, 10:50 AM

That giraffe picture is rather frightening and Delpo is far from being that :inlove:

Guess what? I may be going to Hong Kong next month!! :bounce: Oh and that exam I thought I did really bad in earlier this semester? Not so bad afterall :D Oooh and I got another hefty cash hand-out from the government to stimulate the economy...too bad I'm going to be saving it to stimulate the European economies :lol:

JM actually looks uber cute in real :hearts: But today he HAS to look frightening :armed:

Just visiting Hong Kong or do you have other purposes? And great news about the exam :yeah: What a bunch of good students we are :cool:

Stephie Cesc
06-05-2009, 10:53 AM

:wavey: Hong Kong is nice! :lol: Come visit me and Pica :bounce: :angel:

ellewoods
06-05-2009, 10:56 AM
JM actually looks uber cute in real :hearts: But today he HAS to look frightening :armed:

Just visiting Hong Kong or do you have other purposes? And great news about the exam :yeah: What a bunch of good students we are :cool:

Delpo is growing on me rather quickly but for today he must be sacrificed to the tennis gods.

No other purpose for visiting HK besides having a relaxing holiday and seeing some family (both in HK and China). I hope plans come through cos I am rather excited to get away from Sydney. I feel rather spoilt actually..have already been away on two trips this year (Brisbane for the tennis and Melbourne for a week away with the girlfriends) and if I go to HK it will be fully-funded by the parents. Plus there's my massive Euro trip at the end of the year :yeah::dance:

:wavey: Hong Kong is nice! :lol: Come visit me and Pica :bounce: :angel:

Oh, that would be awesome! :D I've been to HK a few times before and have always loved going there. Such a buzzing place and the shopping and markets and the food :yeah:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 10:57 AM

Yes I agree he's cute - I remember him when a friend of mine used to work with him way back when he was about 16 or 17:o But I wouldn't call him handsome - more cuddly and meek and mild looking, if you know what I mean.

ellen_
06-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Yes I agree he's cute - I remember him when a friend of mine used to work with him way back when he was about 16 or 17:o But I wouldn't call him handsome - more cuddly and meek and mild looking, if you know what I mean.

But then he was still a hippie, now he cut his hair :ras: And I could easily share my life with a cute, cuddly, meek and mild looking men if he's one :shrug:

Stephie Cesc
06-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh, that would be awesome! :D I've been to HK a few times before and have always loved going there. Such a buzzing place and the shopping and markets and the food :yeah:

Yeah, we got everything here in a small city. People in HK just love to eat and shop. :lol:But HK is really crowded :shrug: This is the only thing that I don't like about it :p
Do you speak Cantonese btw? :)

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
But then he was still a hippie, now he cut his hair :ras: And I could easily share my life with a cute, cuddly, meek and mild looking men if he's one :shrug:

So what are you planning to do with Ernie? Or maybe a "menage a trois" :D

arm
06-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Giraffe and I will conquer the world today! :rocker2::bounce:

I'll kick a** in that exam and he will kick Roger's. :bounce:

:rocker2:

ellewoods
06-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, we got everything here in a small city. People in HK just love to eat and shop. :lol:But HK is really crowded :shrug: This is the only thing that I don't like about it :p
Do you speak Cantonese btw? :)

Yeh it's crazy crowded! It's always a shock for me considering I come from Australia where it isn't :lol: And yes, I speak Canto though not very well :o

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Giraffe and I will conquer the world today! :rocker2::bounce:

I'll kick a** in that exam and he will kick Roger's. :bounce:

:rocker2:

:lol: I love your attitude :rolls:

arm
06-05-2009, 11:57 AM
:lol: I love your attitude :rolls:

:D :bounce:

I ate lunch :lick: and now I am patiently waiting for 1:20 pm to leave home. :bounce:

It looks like Soderling is going to conquer the world today as well. :bounce::rolls:

*Raine
06-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Come visit our country too. :D :wavey:

arm
"Because your coming is our happiness! It's time to visit Indonesia!" I love the ad. :D

*Ljubica*
:D :bounce:

I ate lunch :lick: and now I am patiently waiting for 1:20 pm to leave home. :bounce:

It looks like Soderling is going to conquer the world today as well. :bounce::rolls:

Toad :inlove: Remember I still have a promise to keep to have his babies :D

arm
06-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Toad :inlove: Remember I still have a promise to keep to have his babies :D

I know, I know. :rolls: Would you please have me and Nole being the Godfather and godmother of the same child? Please? :angel:

ellen_
06-05-2009, 12:08 PM
So what are you planning to do with Ernie? Or maybe a "menage a trois" :D

The more, the merrier.

"Because your coming is our happiness! It's time to visit Indonesia!" I love the ad. :D

Lovely, indeed. The Incredible India commercial is great too :hearts:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 12:09 PM
The more, the merrier.

That's just being greedy :nerner:

I know, I know. :rolls: Would you please have me and Nole being the Godfather and godmother of the same child? Please? :angel:

I might consider it :D

arm
06-05-2009, 12:11 PM
That's just being greedy :nerner:

I might consider it :D

That's something. :D :bounce:

arm
06-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I never saw the one about India.

I have seen ads of Algarve, Indonesia, Azerbaijan, Romania, Greece and Marroco.

arm
06-05-2009, 12:13 PM

Time to go :kiss:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 12:27 PM

Time to go :kiss:

Good luck :hug:

ellewoods
06-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Good luck Raquel! :hug:

kalisita
06-05-2009, 12:38 PM
:wavey: Good luck Raquel! :rocker2:

arm
06-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Thank you girls :hug:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Wow :eek: That was quick - how did it go?

*Raine
06-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Magnus Norman:inlove:

[/end of broken record]

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Magnus Norman:inlove:

[/end of broken record]

:lol: Don't worry - I will soon be saying Miljan :inlove: again :lol:

*Raine
06-05-2009, 05:52 PM
:lol: Don't worry - I will soon be saying Miljan :inlove: again :lol:

:lol: :p
I won't be seeing Miljan and Nole on the tv until Wimbledon. :tape::banghead: Stupid sports channel.

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 06:15 PM
:lol: :p
I won't be seeing Miljan and Nole on the tv until Wimbledon. :tape::banghead: Stupid sports channel.

Neither will I :sad: All I'll see on TV is Queens and Eastbourne :rolleyes: Though I will go to Queens I think - it's so close to me and live tennis is live tennis after all :shrug: At least I can always drool :drool:over watch Janko:D

ellen_
06-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I've been thinking while I was showering. Of course Federer deserves to win the whole thing, but so does Soderling. I have actually no idea who I want to win it, guess I'll just enjoy the tennis because I'm quite sure it will be a nice one.

And after showering, I felt so comfy in my pyjama that I don't wanna go out :o But now I'm kinda bored :awww:

Oh Rose, I wish I could join you to the Queens tournament tomorrow :sobbing: And the day after, and the day after, and...

And can you believe I'm watching BBC1? :rolleyes: What the hell? :rolls:

*Ljubica*
06-05-2009, 09:03 PM
I've been thinking while I was showering. Of course Federer deserves to win the whole thing, but so does Soderling. I have actually no idea who I want to win it, guess I'll just enjoy the tennis because I'm quite sure it will be a nice one.

And after showering, I felt so comfy in my pyjama that I don't wanna go out :o But now I'm kinda bored :awww:

Oh Rose, I wish I could join you to the Queens tournament tomorrow :sobbing: And the day after, and the day after, and...

And can you believe I'm watching BBC1? :rolleyes: What the hell? :rolls:

You would be more than welcome - though I fear the weather forecast is pretty bad :rolleyes:

Just been checking on the Net, and it looks like it's marginally better tomorrow than it will be on Sunday, so I'll go up tomorrow quite early, and see what goes on :) Queens has a new sponsor this year, and I just found out they are even charging for quallies :spit: so if the forecast remains bad for Sunday I might give it a miss on Sunday and just go again in the week when I can have my free ticket :D (The guy who is getting it for me won't get there til Monday,which is VERY selfish of him don't you think :ras: so I can't have it til then).

So if I'm not around here during the day tomorrow, that is where I'll be - should be home by early evening though.

Enjoy your BBC1 - I'm going to bed now :kiss:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 09:35 AM
11.32am here and still no Rose :p Should be hanging out with E and Pimms somewhere inside :sobbing:, because Roddick just told me it's raining.

Today it's finals day for Dickie and Wes :bounce: Oh, and for Dinara and Kuzzie too - don't know who I want to see lifting the cup at the end in that one :shrug:

For the people who missed it :worship: :lol:

C1KsomzBsik

AND: :haha: http://www.afterelton.com/blog/snicks/ten-more-gorgeous-reasons-to-love-tennis

*Raine
06-06-2009, 11:02 AM
:wavey: Have fun Rose

You know who my favorites are, so if they are there, take pictures. :)

11.32am here and still no Rose :p Should be hanging out with E and Pimms somewhere inside :sobbing:, because Roddick just told me it's raining.

Today it's finals day for Dickie and Wes :bounce: Oh, and for Dinara and Kuzzie too - don't know who I want to see lifting the cup at the end in that one :shrug:

AND: :haha: http://www.afterelton.com/blog/snicks/ten-more-gorgeous-reasons-to-love-tennis

Good luck to Dickie and Wes, I hope they win. :D

Dinara and Soderling (I badly want him to win) all the way for me. :worship:

:awww::haha: At Gicquel, that must have been so painful. :o

arm
06-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm in Chaves :bigclap: For the whole week! :D :bounce:

But I'll be just studying :spit:. :rolls:

So I have to go. :awww: :hug:

Go Svetlana! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Aaaaargh :banghead: :fiery: F**Queens and British tennis - and please take me back to Belgrade, or Rome, or Paris.......in fact almost anywhere away from Britain's stuffy, snobbish, tennis world :rolleyes: So yes girls - from this you'll see that I have already been (and returned) from the:rain: at Queens, where all quallies and practice matches were moved indoors at both Queens and Roehampton :rolleyes: and no one (repeat NO ONE) except Queens' members, was allowed in - not even friends of players or coaches. So basically unless you were a member of Queens Club you were f***** :devil:

So sorry Ellen - didn't see Ernie - or anyone :sad: Just had a few hours grumbling with friends of Alex Boganovic (who was playing on one of the indoor courts but they were't able to get in to see him), and a friend of Andy Murray's Mother, who will probably create merry hell when she gets to talk to her and tells her what happened - and hope she does :p

So now I am back home and happy for it -and won't be attempting Queens again until my friend with my free ticket/pass arrives on Monday and actually puts the pass into my hand before I set foot in Baron's Court again.

Was wonderful to see the adorable Adam :inlove: though - probably best known on MTF as the poster adee_gee. He quite made my day :hearts:

Noleta
06-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Rose:hug:

arm
06-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Rosie :wavey:´:hug:

BTW, the exam yesterday went very well. ;)

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Rose:hug:

Thanks :hug: Luckily I'm not too sad - it's not like Nole was there or anything - I'm just kind of p*****off with the waste of a morning, and the attitude of the staff there. Last year they forced a friend of mine to pay £40.00 to bring her toddler in a buggy into the grounds - and seems their behaviour hasn't changed :spit:

Rosie :wavey:´:hug:

BTW, the exam yesterday went very well. ;)

Pleased to hear :D

ellen_
06-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh, Rose :awww: Crappy day, eh? I've always known that the whole British organisation for tennis tournaments sucks :o :banghead:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh, Rose :awww: Crappy day, eh? I've always known that the whole British organisation for tennis tournaments sucks :o :banghead:

Yes it does :spit: One of the guys who knew Bogdanovic, phoned someone who actually works for his team and was inside - and seems anyone like coaches who even got inside, had to sit on rolled up bales of carpet to watch the quallie matches - so there wasn't even the same amount of room, seating, or facilities as in a normal club.

Noleta
06-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks :hug: Luckily I'm not too sad - it's not like Nole was there or anything - I'm just kind of p*****off with the waste of a morning, and the attitude of the staff there. Last year they forced a friend of mine to pay £40.00 to bring her toddler in a buggy into the grounds - and seems their behaviour hasn't changed :spit:

Pleased to hear :D

That's outrageous:eek:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 02:48 PM
That's outrageous:eek:

Yes I know - and what made it worse is that she felt forced to pay because she had arranged to meet people inside, and when her husband phoned up to complain afterwards, he was virtually told that the Club had a policy to "discourage" children :rolleyes: And yes - I agree that hoardes of 10 and 11 years old running around screaming, can be problematic, - but this was one little 2-year-old in a buggy, and she wasn't even taking him on a Main Court anyway - just around the practice courts to meet up with some friends.

ellen_
06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
You had better stayed there, Rose. The draw will be made in 10 minutes :scared: Not Murray for Ernie again, please :rolleyes:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 02:52 PM
You forgot the Masters in London where I'll be going to, Raquel :smash: :help: :rolls:

arm
06-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Well, luckily, wthere are only 2 straight tournaments played in Britain. :p

I really should go :kiss:

Noleta
06-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Yes I know - and what made it worse is that she felt forced to pay because she had arranged to meet people inside, and when her husband phoned up to complain afterwards, he was virtually told that the Club had a policy to "discourage" children :rolleyes: And yes - I agree that hoardes of 10 and 11 years old running around screaming, can be problematic, - but this was one little 2-year-old in a buggy, and she wasn't even taking him on a Main Court anyway - just around the practice courts to meet up with some friends.

:scratch: i thought the right policy is to encourage children to get involved in tennis:confused: and why all the fuss it's not a 1000master event:rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 02:55 PM
:scratch: i thought the right policy is to encourage children to get involved in tennis:confused:

The British Tennis Association does not want to encourage anyone into the game unless they come from the "right" background and have the right title :rolleyes: And - yes - it really is like that here, I'm not joking at all :sad:

ellen_
06-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Always seems like they collect all the cocky Brits to organize a tennis tournament. Most are mighty old too and have no idea (or are to stubborn to learn it) how the world goes in this century.

I feel sorry for you, other Brits :hug: I really do. They give you a bad reputation.

*Ljubica*
06-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Always seems like they collect all the cocky Brits to organize a tennis tournament. Most are mighty old too and have no idea (or are to stubborn to learn it) how the world goes in this century.

They do not/cannot/will not move with the times here :sad: That's why my trips to Brit tennis events are few and far between, and I prefer to save my money for other countries' events.

You had better stayed there, Rose. The draw will be made in 10 minutes :scared: Not Murray for Ernie again, please :rolleyes:

Believe me, I will find it out sooner here online, than standing outside Queens Club with Adam getting more and more :mad: by the minute.