It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. [Archive] - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

arm
05-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh dear. How about restoring equilibrium with 'Living in Perpetual Hope in the Land of Sybaritic Indulgence'

Or is that tautological?

That's not good enough :baby::bigcry:

:o:o:o

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 05:58 PM
:bigcry: You did change the title and my word is not in it. :awww:

:hug: I said you'd be next - you will be :D Have patience girl!

arm
05-29-2009, 05:59 PM
:hug: I said you'd be next - you will be :D Have patience girl!

:baby: But you said that last time. :baby: :bigcry:

arm
05-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Just searched for the synonym of tautological. And that's the correct word for it.

arm
05-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I never asked for a specific date. :rolls:

Herdwick
See - the day's not so bad. You've enriched your word power too:lol:

*Ljubica*
:baby: But you said that last time. :baby: :bigcry:

OK - I promise that as soon as RG ends, I will change the title and use your own special one :hug:

Herdwick
05-29-2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P6r6-gZYkI

On BBC 2 now :haha:

arm
05-29-2009, 06:05 PM
I never asked for a specific date. :rolls:

arm
05-29-2009, 06:09 PM
oh my gosh...

http://dn.sapo.pt/inicio/pessoas/interior.aspx?content_id=1247864

Changing her life - Angelina Jolie is looking for a place in Portugal

The actress loves our country and wants to watch her children grow up here, she is thinking about buying a houe in Lagos, in the Algarve.

:haha:

ellewoods
05-30-2009, 05:10 AM
See - the day's not so bad. You've enriched your word power too:lol:

:lol: I forgot about the Herdwick Word of the Day. I've learned a new word too :p

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
:wavey:

ellen_
05-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Jeremy :bigcry: The Frenchies are letting me down, not cool. And the ones who I want to lose (Marc G and Jo T), will probably win. That's how life goes :worship:

Good morning btw! :wavey:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Jeremy :bigcry: The Frenchies are letting me down, not cool. And the ones who I want to lose (Marc G and Jo T), will probably win. That's how life goes :worship:

Good morning btw! :wavey:

Life's a b*tch :devil: Good morning Ellen :hug:

*Raine
05-30-2009, 10:35 AM
I want Jo to win today. :D

:scratch: I feel like I'm the only Tsonga fan here. *goes to his forum*

ellen_
05-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Raine, I like Jo. The only problem is that he plays a Belgian today :devil: Allez Christophe! :bounce: He's gonna get his ass kicked though, but whatever.

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 10:37 AM
I want Jo to win today. :D

:scratch: I feel like I'm the only Tsonga fan here. *goes to his forum*

:awww: I like him Raine - though I think I am the only one apart from you :o I do want him to lose today though - don't want Nole to have to face him AND a beligerant French crowd :awww:

ellen_
05-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Rose, how can you forget me? :sobbing: You should know I like the Frenchies.

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Rose, how can you forget me? :sobbing: You should know I like the Frenchies.

Yes I know you like most of them - wasn't sure about Jo though :shrug:

*Raine
05-30-2009, 11:36 AM
To everyone:

Any ideas for a text in my Nole blend/banner? I'm going to request to my friend today, which I will use in another forum. :)

:awww: I like him Raine - though I think I am the only one apart from you :o I do want him to lose today though - don't want Nole to have to face him AND a beligerant French crowd :awww:

I understand Rose.

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 11:50 AM
To everyone:

Any ideas for a text in my Nole blend/banner? I'm going to request to my friend today, which I will use in another forum. :)

I understand Rose.

My first thought was "Keep Your Hands off My Physio" :tape: but maybe that would not be appropriate:)

*Raine
05-30-2009, 12:02 PM
My first thought was "Keep Your Hands off My Physio" :tape: but maybe that would not be appropriate:)

:o Rose, I'm serious. :p

Should I just ask her to put "Novak Djokovic" on the blend? :confused:

Stephie Cesc
05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
To Raine:

I still cannot find the suitable pictures for the sig yet :p :rolls: I thought maybe you can help? :rolls:

*Raine
05-30-2009, 12:15 PM
To Raine:

I still cannot find the suitable pictures for the sig yet :p :rolls: I thought maybe you can help? :rolls:

:p :rolls: My IDF buddy :wavey:

I'm going to request one as well to Bianca or my other friends on IDF, and also having a hard time looking for pictures and the text that will be on the blend.

I want a "kick awesome" text on the blend but that's Kris' trademark. :sad:

Stephie Cesc
05-30-2009, 12:22 PM
:p :rolls: My IDF buddy :wavey:

I'm going to request one as well to Bianca or my other friends on IDF, and also having a hard time looking for pictures and the text that will be on the blend.

I want a "kick awesome" text on the blend but that's Kris' trademark. :sad:

:rolls: You can't use that :lol: Kris' fans will not be pleased :rolls:

Yeah, it's very hard to find good pics :o

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 12:31 PM
:o Rose, I'm serious. :p

Should I just ask her to put "Novak Djokovic" on the blend? :confused:

How about something using the "Falcon" idea? Nole seems to love falcons :D

arm
05-30-2009, 12:34 PM

Joćo thinks the falcon thing was a great idea. He seems to think Nole looks like one. :shrug::rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Joćo thinks the falcon thing was a great idea. He seems to think Nole looks like one. :shrug::rolls:

Joćo :rolls:

arm
05-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Joćo :rolls:

:rolleyes: I never watch tennis with him, never. I just can't... Unless it's live, of course... Madrid was catually the first time I saw a match with him..

ellen_
05-30-2009, 12:43 PM

Or poodles :shrug:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 12:43 PM
:rolleyes: I never watch tennis with him, never. I just can't... Unless it's live, of course... Madrid was catually the first time I saw a match with him..

At least he doesn't cheer against Nole just to annoy you like Alex does with me :rolleyes:

arm
05-30-2009, 12:47 PM
At least he doesn't cheer against Nole just to annoy you like Alex does with me :rolleyes:

I wish he did that! :mad:

He never followed Nole until we met. Then all of the sudden he starts telling me stuff like "I am starting to be worried with Djokovic's rakings" when Nole was about to lose the #4 and stuuf like that.

I kind of :explode:ed when he said that. I told him to leave Nole alone he was my thing not his. I was quite mean, but I was kind of getting crazy. For 2 years Nole has been my thing and just because we started dating he invades my very own personal space?

Well, it worked, anyway. :bounce: Now he is a not more reasonable.

:secret: But I know I was a bit too harsh. It's just that I need my space. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I wish he did that! :mad:

He never followed Nole until we met. Then all of the sudden he starts telling me stuff like "I am starting to be worried with Djokovic's rakings" when Nole was about to lose the #4 and stuuf like that.

I kind of :explode:ed when he said that. I told him to leave Nole alone he was my thing not his. I was quite mean, but I was kind of getting crazy. For 2 years Nole has been my thing and just because we started dating he invades my very own personal space?

Well, it worked, anyway. :bounce: Now he is a not more reasonable.

:secret: But I know I was a bit too harsh. It's just that I need my space. :shrug:

:hug: Actually I understand you perfectly - but also him as well. He is trying to please you and share part of your life by showing an interest in "your" things to show you that he cares - but you want to keep your independance.......difficult situation but one that comes in every relationship at one stage or other I think.

Don't think you'd really like him cheering for Nole's opponents though - it can be VERY annoying :mad: Only time Alex hasn't done it recently is in Madrid - I think even he realised that I was so devastated with that match, he felt too sorry for me to tease :awww:

arm
05-30-2009, 01:00 PM
:hug: Actually I understand you perfectly - but also him as well. He is trying to please you and share part of your life by showing an interest in "your" things to show you that he cares - but you want to keep your independance.......difficult situation but one that comes in every relationship at one stage or other I think.

Don't think you'd really like him cheering for Nole's opponents though - it can be VERY annoying :mad: Only time Alex hasn't done it recently is in Madrid - I think even he realised that I was so devastated with that match, he felt too sorry for me to tease :awww:

Alex must be a piece of work. :scared: :rolls:

Anyway, I should go and study a while before Nole. I'll be back for him, of course. :hug:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Alex must be a pice of work. :scared: :rolls:

Anyway, I should go and study a while before Nole. I'll be back for him, of course. :hug:

:lol: He has to be to put up with me :p

Don't work too hard and see you later :hug:

*Raine
05-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Rose: And what's the Falcon idea? Does that mean I should put "Fly Nole fly" on my banner? Or "Soar high?" :haha: :confused:

I'm currently using this one at the moment but I want a new one.
http://i40.tinypic.com/if8idv.jpg

Ellen and Raquel: Any ideas? :wavey:

Stephie: :p Yes I can imagine the Kris' fans rolling their eyes on my sig if I put that. Including you I guess. :devil: I'm just going to use the HQ pics on the picture thread here, with him wearing the smurf blue kit. :)

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Rose: And what's the Falcon idea? Does that mean I should put "Fly Nole fly" on my banner? Or "Soar high?" :haha: :confused:

Ellen and Raquel: Any ideas? :wavey:

Stephie: :p Yes I can imagine the Kris' fans rolling their eyes on my sig if I put that. Including you I guess. :devil: I'm just going to use the HQ pics on the picture thread here, with him wearing the smurf blue kit. :)

Well I guess the actual wording is up to you - something like "Fly Falcon Fly" or similar.

*Raine
05-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Well I guess the actual wording is up to you - something like "Fly Falcon Fly" or similar.

Or maybe the Adidas slogan: Impossible is nothing. :p

If he loses today, I won't continue that request. :o

arm
05-30-2009, 07:50 PM
:nerner: This thread title gave Nole bad luck. :angel: :devil:

arm
05-30-2009, 07:52 PM
BTW, I finally complained about MTF in that "WTF is worng with MTF" thread. :o :o

Noleta
05-30-2009, 07:53 PM
:nerner: This thread title gave Nole bad luck. :angel: :devil:

:tears:

:bigcry:

arm
05-30-2009, 07:57 PM
:nerner: Don't give up do you :p

Something you should have learned by now about me: no, never. :nerner: :angel:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 07:57 PM
BTW, I finally complained about MTF in that "WTF is worng with MTF" thread. :o :o

arm
05-30-2009, 07:59 PM

Something you should have learned by now about me: no, never. :nerner: :angel: :D

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Something you should have learned by now about me: no, never. :nerner: :angel: :D

:p I would happily change it for you now, except for the fact that I've never used the damn word in my life til it first got used here - and I honestly haven't got a clue how to word an appropiate title :o The only thing I can come up with is "The Sybarite Chronicles" and that isn't very inspiring :o

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:07 PM
We can wait for Herdwick to get inspiration in BGT and then come up with one of her "come out of nowhere but with the word SYBARITE" thread titles. :D

That's fine by me :D

arm
05-30-2009, 08:08 PM
:p I would happily change it for you now, except for the fact that I've never used the damn word in my life til it first got used here - and I honestly haven't got a clue how to word an appropiate title :o The only thing I can come up with is "The Sybarite Chronicles" and that isn't very inspiring :o

We can wait for Herdwick to get inspiration in BGT and then come up with one of her "come out of nowhere but with the word SYBARITE" thread titles. :D

arm
05-30-2009, 08:12 PM
That's fine by me :D

It's funny, it had to be a Nole's loss to make me regain my strengths and humour.

I had been feeling... the correct word is not depressed, maybe just a bit down... for the last week or so and now I feel much better.

Isn't it ironic? :rolls:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 08:17 PM
So perked up all round yes?

Herdwick now watching something on the D Day landings while waiting for the BGT result- nothing like archive footage to bring you back to earth. Sybarite is the theme...hmm tricky.

All I can think of right now is 'Better sybaritic than syphilitic' - not sure that's quite the right tone though :lol:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:19 PM
So perked up all round yes?

Herdwick now watching something on the D Day landings while waiting for the BGT result- nothing like archive footage to bring you back to earth. Sybarite is the theme...hmm tricky.

All I can think of right now is 'Better sybaritic than syphilitic' - not sure that's quite the right tone though :lol:

:tape: Erm - well - perhaps not:o Funny though! Best ask Raquel to decide - it's her title :)
It's funny, it had to be a Nole's loss to make me regain my strengths and humour.

I had been feeling... the correct word is not depressed, maybe just a bit down... for the last week or so and now I feel much better.

Isn't it ironic? :rolls:

:hug: Pleased to hear it.

arm
05-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Herdwick lost her mind. :rolls: (Not sure if she ever had it to start with :nerner:)

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Herdwick lost her mind. :rolls: (Not sure if she ever had it to start with :nerner:)

:awww: That was mean :sad:

arm
05-30-2009, 08:30 PM
She said she was unoffendable. :bigcry:

I am sorry. :bigcry:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 08:30 PM
'Pure pleasure without vice - this is the world of the sybarite'

'The wise rejoice in sybaritic pleasures' - no - that's tautological again.

This is a tough one...and I do not expect to have my sanity questioned :nerner:

arm
05-30-2009, 08:32 PM

'The wise rejoice in sybaritic pleasures' - no - that's tautological again.

You claimed to be unoffendable. :bigcry: I was just testing your limits. :nerner:~

Kidding, you know I was just teasing you. :p

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:32 PM

'The wise do rejoice in sybaritic pleasures'

:awww: I wanted some vice thrown in for good measure :devil:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
If you want unadulterated vice, you run the risk of syphilis :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:34 PM

:p One can always take the necessary precautions :angel:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 08:35 PM
:rolls: Fear not - Herdwick is mellow tonight :yawn:

It's the result of BGT now!

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Fear not - Herdwick is mellow tonight :yawn:

It's the result of BGT now!

Who won?

arm
05-30-2009, 08:37 PM

Rosie, see what I mean? Today she is the one on fire. :rolls: :devil:

arm
05-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I have no plans for the evning :bigcry: Just wish there was a good film on tv. :awww:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Who won?

It's not finished yet - it's on ITV now.

Diversity should win but I fear it will be one of the precocious brats. Personally I quite like the Brummie sax player.

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 08:40 PM
:p One can always take the necessary precautions :angel:

I said unadulterated vice - so precautions are cheating!

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:45 PM
I said unadulterated vice - so precautions are cheating!

Now you're really being mean :p

Yes - the saxophonist is cool - but Susan will win for sure.

arm
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I am not mean. :bigcry: Now I feel bad. :awww:

Noleta
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I am not mean. :bigcry: Now I feel bad. :awww:

Raquel:lol::hug:

arm
05-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Raquel:lol::hug:

:) :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Everyone is mean :nerner: Does that make you feel better Raquel?

arm
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Everyone is mean :nerner: Does that make you feel better Raquel?

No. :awww: there are various types of mean people. :sad:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM

Can one be a mean sybarite?

Not sure about SB - that's our Susan, rather than JWT or the scoreboard, just to avoid confusion:lol: - she wasn't that good tonight.

Saxy Julian is in the top 3 :bounce:

SB and Diversity the other 2.

:worship: Britain - thank you for ignoring the 'cute' :spit: kids.

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:50 PM
No. :awww: there are various types of mean people. :sad:

:awww: How can we cheer you up? How about mentioning your encounter with Nole in Madrid? That usually brings a smile to your face :D

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:52 PM

Not sure about SB - that's our Susan, rather than JWT or the scoreboard, just to avoid confusion:lol: - she wasn't that good tonight.

:tape: I now have this rather scary vision of JWT in a gold dress singing "I Dreamed A Dream" :help: :bolt:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
:rolls: Am I that much of a fangirl? :o

Better a fangirl than a b*tch :angel: I thought about putting that in my siggy once - but thought better of it :o

arm
05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
:rolls: Am I that much of a fangirl? :o

arm
05-30-2009, 08:54 PM

Saxy Julian is in the top 3 :bounce:

SB and Diversity the other 2.

:worship: Britain - thank you for ignoring the 'cute' :spit: kids.

I just found out I am both things. :sad:

:rolls:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Diversity get it!

arm
05-30-2009, 08:56 PM
oh boy, my life really would be easier if I had never seen Montreal 2007. :rolleyes: And I sure would be a more reasonable person. :sad:

I always critized women/girls who had the same exact behaviour I now have because of Nole.

Now I am a mean sybarite cynical young girl. :awww:

arm
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Better a fangirl than a b*tch :angel: I thought about putting that in my siggy once - but thought better of it :o

oh boy, my life really would be easier if I had never seen Montreal 2007. :rolleyes: And I sure would be a more reasonable person. :(

I always critized women/girls who had the same exact behaviour I now have because of Nole.

Now I am a mean sybarite cynical young girl. :sad:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
:awww: I rather liked Shaheen :sad: I'm not allowed to watch it because Aleksandar :spit: is watching a re-run of the Cup Final :rolleyes: I wouldn't let him watch it earlier because of the tennis, so I guess this is my punishment.

arm
05-30-2009, 08:59 PM
oh boy, my life really would be easier if I had never seen Montreal 2007. :rolleyes: And I sure would be a more reasonable person. :sad:

Now I am a mean sybarite cynical young girl. :awww::(

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 09:00 PM

Better than being an old one like myself and Herdwick :angel:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 09:01 PM
:tape: I now have this rather scary vision of JWT in a gold dress singing "I Dreamed A Dream" :help: :bolt:

:worship: Oh frabjous hybrid!

Thank you - next time the oaf takes to the court I shall summon that image - it will make things more tolerable.

arm
05-30-2009, 09:03 PM

Correction: now I am a sybarite, cynical, fangirl young girl. :haha: That makes sense.

ebough with the self pitty. I need to find something to do later this evening. :rolls:

arm
05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Better than being an old one like myself and Herdwick :angel:

But you girls are only sybarites... not mean, or cynical. :nerner:

And you're not old either, but I am always telling you the same thing. :shrug:

arm
Raquel, do you know your countrywowam de Brito made the highlight in Tennis Channel here? :lol:

It's hilarious.

She did? :rolls: She rocks! :rocker2:

Lt me guess, because of her grunting?

*Ljubica*
:worship: Oh frabjous hybrid!

Thank you - next time the oaf takes to the court I shall summon that image - it will make things more tolerable.

Happy to oblige :D

Lee
Raquel, do you know your countrywowam de Brito made the highlight in Tennis Channel here? :lol:

It's hilarious.

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Are we meaning mean here as in unkind? Or mean as in average?

We elder citizens become far too immersed in the minutiae of life.

:wavey: Lee

arm
05-30-2009, 09:07 PM

This is TOO good, my post appears 1 post before Lee“s. :spit:

arm
05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Are we meaning mean here as in unkind? Or mean as in average?

We elder citizens become far too immersed in the minutiae of life.

:wavey: Lee

If Rose was really trying to call me unkind :armed: then we may be about to have a real disagreement. :armed: :rolls: :nerner:

arm
05-30-2009, 09:09 PM
How could I call you unkind Raquel? Or average :awww: You are most definitely not either of those things.

Oh dear - I feel a Miljan fangirl moment coming on - can somene distract me please?

Edit: Hi again Lee :wavey:

I know. :p

Why? His he on TV? :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 09:10 PM
How could I call you unkind Raquel? Or average :awww: You are most definitely not either of those things.

Oh dear - I feel a Miljan fangirl moment coming on - can somene distract me please?

Edit: Hi again Lee :wavey:

Lee
05-30-2009, 09:10 PM

Too bad only US internet users can access the online clips. :awww:

Her opponent Rezai complained her being too loud and affecting her to the umpire during interchange. She did not even looked at her :lol: So she came back with " I played 5 matches and no one complain. She'll tell Sharapova to keep quiet? no"

Lee
05-30-2009, 09:12 PM
It's a zoo today in MTF :rolls:

:wavey: Raquel, Herdwick and Rose.

arm
05-30-2009, 09:12 PM
I know. :p

Why? His he on TV? :rolls:

Again :smash:

MTF has never been this bad.

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM

Her opponent Rezai complained her being too loud and affecting her to the umpire during interchange. She did not even looked at her :lol: So she came back with " I played 5 matches and no one complain. She'll tell Sharapova to keep quiet? no"

:haha: She's got a point I suppose.

These Portuguese teenagers are taking over the world it seems. And who shall gainsay them?

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Again :smash:

MTF has never been this bad.

No - sadly :sad: I was just listening to a song that reminded me of him when we were in Belgrade.

arm
05-30-2009, 09:24 PM

We, portuguese, have always been very temperamental. :rolls: We say everything to the face. :rolls: It takes courage to mention Sharapova. Michelle :worship:

I am starting to really like the girl!

arm
05-30-2009, 09:24 PM
:haha: She's got a point I suppose.

These Portuguese teenagers are taking over the world it seems. And who shall gainsay them?

Do you happen to know any other portuguese teenager? :confused:

Lee
05-30-2009, 09:25 PM
We, portuguese, have always been very temperamental. :rolls: We say everything to the face. :rolls: It takes courage to mention Sharapova. Michelle :worship:

She's pretty cute :lol:

*Ljubica*
05-30-2009, 09:26 PM
OK girlies - as Herdwick has yet to come up with a new title :p I will go to bed and change it tomorrow!

Goodnight all here - and sweet dreams :kiss:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 09:27 PM

She'll fit in here fine then :lol:

Do you happen to know any other portuguese teenager? :confused:

Only you, my dearest mustard seed....:angel:

arm
05-30-2009, 09:27 PM
She's pretty cute :lol:

There's been a huge hype about her... the press.. you know. But she really looks like she could become a top 20 payer. :)

arm
05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
She'll fit in here fine then :lol:

Only you, my dearest mustard seed....:angel:

I do not like to be called a teenager. :angel: People tend to underestimate me when they call me that. :nerner:

Plus, I'll become 19 in less than 2 months. :nerner:

Lee
05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Night Rose!

arm
05-30-2009, 09:30 PM
OK girlies - as Herdwick has yet to come up with a new title :p I will go to bed and change it tomorrow!

Goodnight all here - and sweet dreams :kiss:

:wavey: Good night :kiss:

Lee
05-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I do not like to be called a teenager. :angel: People tend to underestimate me when they call me that. :nerner:

Plus, I'll become 19 in less than 2 months. :nerner:

So another 14 months before you can rid the title. ;)

arm
05-30-2009, 09:33 PM
So another 14 months before you can rid the title. ;)

I'd rather be 18 for ever. 19 scares me :scared:

I soooo know what Herdwick will say about this. :rolls:

arm
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2xbdyNPUwY

cute :awww: and damn good english. :eek:

Herdwick
05-30-2009, 09:35 PM
:wavey: Night

Sybarite is tricky...rhymes are pretty much out if you won't let me use syphilitic.

...She was pinned to the tiller
By a sex-starved gorilla.

I shall cogitate.

arm
05-30-2009, 09:36 PM
You girls have got to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfCcBzMeA0

Lee
Yes, her English is really good. Where does she trains?

arm
She has been living in the USA to train for quite a few years. ;) Thats why her English is so good.

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Holy batcrap what is going on with everyone's posts? Out of order, double posts and double entendre too it seems;) I have to go look up the syph or whatever word.

arm
05-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Sue, MTF is in its best today. :spit:

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 09:42 PM

Sybarite is tricky...rhymes are pretty much out if you won't let me use syphilitic.

I shall cogitate.

:rolls:

Lee
05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Welcome to the mad mad world of MTF, Sue! :rolls:

It's even funnier in the match thread

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
She has been living in the USA to train for quite a few years. ;) Thats why her English is so good.

Bolletari's in Florida. She is going to be a gorgeous young woman. Even my eldest thought so and he is not one to say anything to mom.

Edit- stupid wait 30 secs between posts. MTF needs to MTFoff.

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes TTC played her screams :tape: I would be so embarassed if I was her mom :lol:

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 09:46 PM
A sybarite is a general term for describing one fond of pleasure and luxury. It may also refer to:

A native of the ancient Italian city of Sybaris
Sybarite (musician), the alias of New York electronic musician Xian Hawkins
The Sybarites Ladies drinking and dining society of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge
Sybarite (fashion doll), a 16" doll created by London artists Desmond Lingard and Charles Fegen in 2005.

:spit:

arm
05-30-2009, 09:51 PM
A sybarite is a general term for describing one fond of pleasure and luxury. It may also refer to:

A native of the ancient Italian city of Sybaris
Sybarite (musician), the alias of New York electronic musician Xian Hawkins
The Sybarites Ladies drinking and dining society of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge
Sybarite (fashion doll), a 16" doll created by London artists Desmond Lingard and Charles Fegen in 2005.

:spit:

Maybe you could come up with our new title! Any idea?

Interesting info. :rolls:

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
;) http://www.superfrock.com/
http://www.superdollonline.co.uk/acatalog/SYBARITES.html

ellen_
05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
I'd rather be 18 for ever. 19 scares me :scared:

What do you think about 21 then? :bolt: It's coming very close for me. It's getting serious now :scared:

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Wait to you hit 50 :tape:

arm
05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
:rolls: I think I might get a depression when I hit 20. :scared: :o

Lee
05-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Wait to you hit 50 :tape:

I am looking forward to the big 50 :lol:

arm
05-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Sue, you knew these stuff or had to search for it? :p

Only Herdwick to come up with these words. :rolls:

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 10:05 PM
50 is ok but then it is all downhill after that;)

Lee
05-30-2009, 10:06 PM

I don't know. I feel going downhill since big 40 :p

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Sue, you knew these stuff or had to search for it? :p

Only Herdwick to come up with these words. :rolls:

I searched ;) I find it appropriate in some ways that the dolls have articulated joints :spit: and wear high fashion. You can also change their hair :lol: However since I am too old to be called a "doll" except by hubby of course:D I can relate to the women who like to eat and drink. :rolls: That suits me just fine.

cobalt60
05-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Speaking of eating and drinking I am off to have dinner. Later :wavey: I will leave Herdwick to come up with a phrase for you all.

arm
05-30-2009, 10:10 PM
bye Sue :wavey: always nice having you here. :hug:

Lee
05-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Bye Sue!

Lee
05-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I searched ;) I find it appropriate in some ways that the dolls have articulated joints :spit: and wear high fashion. You can also change their hair :lol: However since I am too old to be called a "doll" except by hubby of course:D I can relate to the women who like to eat and drink. :rolls: That suits me just fine.

Look at the prices. :bolt:

arm
05-30-2009, 10:15 PM
So Lee, now I know how old you might be. :nerner:

Lee
05-30-2009, 10:19 PM
So Lee, now I know how old you might be. :nerner:

:lol: Most people in the 30-Love thread know approx. my age :ras:

arm
05-30-2009, 10:21 PM
So it's a secret? hmmm

does anyone at least know when it's your birthday?

Lee
05-30-2009, 10:27 PM
No, it's not a secret, that's what I'm saying :ras:

Once you're over 30, it really doesn't matter exactly how old you are. :lol:

arm
05-30-2009, 10:29 PM
22nd november :nerner:

arm
05-30-2009, 10:30 PM
about the birthday? does anyone know the exact day?

arm
05-30-2009, 10:31 PM
22nd november :nerner: :nerner:

Lee
05-30-2009, 10:35 PM
It's very easy, November 22 is my birthday, the day JFK was assassinated :awww: although not the same year. May 22 is my wedding anniversary, same day as Nole's birthday although again, not the same year. And they are 6 months apart.

arm
05-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Now that's a coincidence!

arm
05-30-2009, 10:48 PM
anyway Lee, have to go. :wavey::hug:

PS: :mad: Herdwick left without saying who won BGT. :mad:

Lee
05-30-2009, 10:59 PM
I read in another thread that Susan Boyle didn't win.

:wavey: Raquel. Back to study? :devil:

arm
05-30-2009, 11:09 PM
oh Gosh I saw some videos, those 2 guys from "faces of disco" are hot hot hot :inlove:

EDIT: oh no, not both, just the one with longer hair. :hearts:

Lee
05-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Back so soon? :lol:

arm
05-30-2009, 11:21 PM
I havent left yet. :nerner:

Lee
05-30-2009, 11:25 PM
:rolleyes:

If you're still here, check out the vid I put in JJ's thread.

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 10:36 AM

I shall cogitate.

:tape: :rolls: No words :lol: Though talking of such things, I did have a wonderful dream last night :inlove: I will keep the details to myself though :p

I missed Dr. Sue :awww: Hi Sue :kiss: Btw - am I strange that I'm kind of looking forward to 40? :shrug: Life is a journey and I'm enjoying it - every age has it's good and bad points :)

Morning everyone :kiss:

Amber Spyglass
05-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Hey guys i know i'm not exactly a veteran poster around here but i'd like to start the thread for Halle - partly because i've never done it before(and i like the idea of starting at a 250 and working your way up) but mainly just for the hell of it:lol: I already started it over at his own forum but to be honest at times like this i like to spend as little time as possible over there-that place is like a morgue after after these kinds of losses:p
Anyway i know its a bit soon and that the French Open is still in full swing but maybe towards the end of the week, i was thinking maybe
Halle 2009 - Lets embrace pastures new! so let me know what you guys think;)

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey guys i know i'm not exactly a veteran poster around here but i'd like to start the thread for Halle - partly because i've never done it before(and i like the idea of starting at a 250 and working your way up) but mainly just for the hell of it:lol: I already started it over at his own forum but to be honest at times like this i like to spend as little time as possible over there-that place is like a morgue after after these kinds of losses:p
Anyway i know its a bit soon and that the French Open is still in full swing but maybe towards the end of the week, i was thinking maybe
Halle 2009 - Lets embrace pastures new! so let me know what you guys think;)

Amber :hug: Great title :D And as far as I'm concerned - yes - go ahead - start the thread :D Start it now if you want - sometimes it's good to start a new one as soon as a loss has happened - means we can look forward and not back :D

Amber Spyglass
05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Amber :hug: Great title :D And as far as I'm concerned - yes - go ahead - start the thread :D Start it now if you want - sometimes it's good to start a new one as soon as a loss has happened - means we can look forward and not back :D
:hug: thanks Rose,i'm pretty much the same as you in that i don't really have too much interest in RG anymore except for Kolya but endearing and all as he is i'm not likely to be found stuck to a scoreboard for hours on end during his matches, i can only bring myself to make those kind of sacrifices for nole and as for the rest andykins,verdasco,cilic,Delpo, sorry but i'm bored already
Anyway i'm really excited so i'll start the thread now but remember Rose if my first outing as a thread starter turns into a disaster then it's not the thread starter's fault but rather the person who allowed them to start the thread:p

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 12:24 PM
:hug: thanks Rose,i'm pretty much the same as you in that i don't really have too much interest in RG anymore except for Kolya but endearing and all as he is i'm not likely to be found stuck to a scoreboard for hours on end during his matches, i can only bring myself to make those kind of sacrifices for nole and as for the rest andykins,verdasco,cilic,Delpo, sorry but i'm bored already
Anyway i'm really excited so i'll start the thread now but remember Rose if my first outing as a thread starter turns into a disaster then it's not the thread starter's fault but rather the person who allowed them to start the thread:p

:lol: Well I already have a "bad" reputation with thread starting - I'm the one that started Wimbledon 2008 remember :o So I have broad shoulders and can take it. You may have beginner's luck though :D

And as for the tennis - I'm with you. I have Andykins v Cilic on TV right now, but despite liking Marin, I am also bored, and busy posting here and washing my net curtains (how awfully suburban of me :o ) at the same time. As you say - being glued to a TV/live scoreboard, staying up all hours, or staying in on a beautiful sunny day like today, are sacrifices I can only make for Nole (and possibly Janko) - no one else.

Good luck with the thread :D

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 12:44 PM
:lol: :haha: a wonderful picture. Mine need doing too but can't face it. We're having the house rewired while we're in the Hebrides so there's no point doing any cleaning before then is there?:angel:

Possible title

'Beware the appetites of the suburban sybarites'

I wanted this to go to 5 sets :sad:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 12:48 PM
:lol: :haha: a wonderful picture. Mine need doing too but can't face it. We're having the house rewired while we're in the Hebrides so there's no point doing any cleaning before then is there?:angel:

Possible title

'Beware the appetites of the suburban sybarites'

I wanted this to go to 5 sets :sad:

Sensible to have the re-wiring done whilst you're away - though not sure I'd be happy to have people in and out of the house whilst I'm away :unsure:

Btw - would it add to the suburban picture to let you know that Alex is mowing the lawn and pruning the trees whist I wash the nets :o

As for the title - will change it now ;) (Is our Raquel suburban though :scratch: )

Ajmo Marin :rocker2: And (whisper it quietly) - Soderling is a break up against Nadal :tape:

arm
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
For those who have yet recovered from yesterday's disaster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irhroQ14Ufo

:awww::D

arm
05-31-2009, 12:55 PM
I am so glad my mom insisted on me to watch this film when I was young. :hearts: Pretty much nobody my age here in portugal has watched is. :rolleyes:

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 12:56 PM
:lol: Divine domesticity rules it seems. JP spent the morning clearing out the garden shed while I cleared out the cupboard under the stairs. Our electrician lives in the same street as us so we figure he won't risk his local reputation by stripping the house in our absence:D

Am sure there is no greater insult to an 18 year old than to bracket her with surburbia but perhasp the term is not perjorative in Portugal.

TB - crowd firmly behind Marin now.

Rafa down 5-2 - can't really get worried yet though:lol:

ellen_
05-31-2009, 12:58 PM

True :lol: I can't get worried or nervous or whatever. Imagine the day he'll really lose his first match at RG, I'll think it's just a joke from him or the tv people who are trying to fool me.

And there will snap something in Soderling's head :shrug: As usual. Go Fruitella! :bounce:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 12:59 PM
:lol: Divine domesticity rules it seems. JP spent the morning clearing out the garden shed while I cleared out the cupboard under the stairs. Our electrician lives in the same street as us so we figure he won't risk his local reputation by stripping the house in our absence:D

Am sure there is no greater insult to an 18 year old than to bracket her with surburbia but perhasp the term is not perjorative in Portugal.

TB - crowd firmly behind Marin now.

I have no fears that Andyins will beat my pretty little Croatian :awww:

And good point about the electrician :)

Raquel :wavey:

arm
05-31-2009, 12:59 PM
I am not suburban. :nerner:

But i do :inlove: the title. :devil:

arm
05-31-2009, 01:00 PM
he lost the set :haha:

arm
05-31-2009, 01:01 PM
:eek: From the stats I wouldn't say Rafa is playing bad, I'd say Soderlking is the one kissin a**. :eek:

Amber Spyglass
05-31-2009, 01:01 PM
For those who have yet recovered from yesterday's disaster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irhroQ14Ufo

:awww::D
Well the disasters are piling up, first there was the London disaster then there was the Australian disaster,the Indian Wellonian disaster(even though its not a slam i think we'll all agree that it was pretty up there in terms of disasters) and now the Parisian disaster,lets hope there's no repeat of the London disaster:angel::D

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 01:02 PM
1st set Soderling :inlove:

arm
05-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Amber, I think Nole probably wants the slam disaster but nothing more than that. :shrug:

We have also had in the past Miami disaster, Cicinati disaster and Paris disaster (that loss to Santoro :smash: :bounce: Not to mention TMC disaster in 2007! when he didn't win a single match! :o

so this is actually good news! He will not repeat any disaster, that meant we only have a few more disaster to handle (US Open for example and clay MS tournaments) and after that, Djokocoaster will be a part of the past! :D

arm
05-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Rosie and Herdwick :bigclap: on the title :worship:

For answering my :baby: requests. :o :hug:

Amber Spyglass
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Amber, I think Nole probably wants the slam disaster but nothing more than that. :shrug:

We have also had in the past Miami disaster, Cicinati disaster and Paris disaster (that loss to Santoro :smash: :bounce: Not to mention TMC disaster in 2007! when he didn't win a single match! :o

so this is actually good news! He will not repeat any disaster, that meant we only have a few more disaster to handle (US Open for example and clay MS tournaments) and after that, Djokocoaster will be a part of the past! :D
Yeah good post but i think the only time nole will stop being the Djokocoaster is when he hangs up his racket:p

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 01:15 PM

:haha: The Disaster Slam looms certainly, if we count QF losses - ie the definition of disaster means failing to justify seeding. I fully expect Andykins to get the USO this year but I'd hoped to see Nole in the final.

cobalt60
05-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Ooh I love the title :yeah: Good job Herdwick!

I really like Cilic btw. I think he will get better and he is holding his own quite nicely :) in the first 2 sets :lol: I figured he would collapse in the third though.

arm
05-31-2009, 01:26 PM
:haha: The Disaster Slam looms certainly, if we count QF losses - ie the definition of disaster means failing to justify seeding. I fully expect Andykins to get the USO this year but I'd hoped to see Nole in the final.

I SERIOUSLY doubt Andykins will win any slam this year. :shrug:

I really like Cilic btw. I think he will get better and he is holding his own quite nicely :) in the first 2 sets :lol: I figured he would collapse in the third though.

:wavey:

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 01:28 PM
*Preens in an irritatingly self-satisfied manner*
:wavey: You can come again.:D

We all like Marin here I think, but I plough a lonely furrow with my fondness for Andykins:sad:

ellen_
05-31-2009, 01:30 PM
I already told you he's growing on me, H. So you're not completely alone :hug:

Why do I keep getting error messages without messages? It says "The following error was occured:", and there it stops :spit:

cobalt60
05-31-2009, 01:32 PM
:wavey: I always have a tendency to butt into thread conversations :lol:
Probably because I am always doing work on the puter and have to go back and forth multitasking and being quick;)

Preen as much as you like btw. :yeah: Murray has grown on me as well. Just so nice to see a smart tennis player on court mixing it up.

arm
05-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Nole fans are all great multitaskers, Sue. :nerner:

cobalt60
05-31-2009, 01:34 PM
hehehehe Raquel;)
Where are you in Portugal btw? A place I want to visit one day:yeah:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 01:35 PM

Hi Sue :wavey: Must admit don't think I've ever met or heard of anyone who doesn't like Cilic :shrug: Not only a very talented player - and a very handsome one too :hearts: but always well-behaved and sporting on court, and seems like a genuinely nice guy :inlove:

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 01:36 PM
I SERIOUSLY doubt Andykins will win any slam this year. :shrug:

Well given that US hard courts are his best surface, he's a bloody good bet. And I think he trumps Nole in mental toughness now, unpalatable though that may be for us to hear :shrug:

Admittedly, if Rafa is on for the calendar GS by then he may prove juggernaut-like.

cobalt60
05-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi Rose :D I have only seen him in Cinci 2005 and 2007 but I was impressed with his work ethic and yes he is very sweet and shy for the most part.
Ok I am off, my neighbor just called and I am off for a walk on this absolutely beautiful day here :inlove: Then lunch with my cousin so bye all :wavey:

ellen_
05-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi Sue :wavey: Must admit don't think I've ever met or heard of anyone who doesn't like Cilic :shrug: Not only a very talented player - and a very handsome one too :hearts: but always well-behaved and sporting on court, and seems ike a genuinely nice guy :inlove:

And funny :lol: He was checking out postcards at 10pm in the hotel lobby in Munich, making jokes with the guy who sells them and with his family. It was so cute to see.

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm the same Rose. Even if I still have Tsonga, Monfils, Verdasco, Cilic (:sad:) Haas and Roddick, it's just not the same anymore. :shrug:

No more Cilic :sobbing: :hysteric:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
And funny :lol: He was checking out postcards at 10pm in the hotel lobby in Munich, making jokes with the guy who sells them and with his family. It was so cute to see.

Yes he is funny :D I'll never forget being his "Pizza Lady" for RG 2008.

Hi Rose :D I have only seen him in Cinci 2005 and 2007 but I was impressed with his work ethic and yes he is very sweet and shy for the most part.
Ok I am off, my neighbor just called and I am off for a walk on this absolutely beautiful day here :inlove: Then lunch with my cousin so bye all :wavey:

Enjoy the rest of your day Sue :wavey:

*Raine
05-31-2009, 01:41 PM
:lol: Well I already have a "bad" reputation with thread starting - I'm the one that started Wimbledon 2008 remember :o So I have broad shoulders and can take it. You may have beginner's luck though :D

And as for the tennis - I'm with you. I have Andykins v Cilic on TV right now, but despite liking Marin, I am also bored, and busy posting here and washing my net curtains (how awfully suburban of me :o ) at the same time. As you say - being glued to a TV/live scoreboard, staying up all hours, or staying in on a beautiful sunny day like today, are sacrifices I can only make for Nole (and possibly Janko) - no one else.

Good luck with the thread :D

I'm the same Rose. Even if I still have Tsonga, Monfils, Verdasco, Cilic (:sad:) Haas and Roddick, it's just not the same anymore. :shrug:

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 01:42 PM
:wavey: Have fun

*Stops preening; smugness is so unattractive.*

So a few discerning Andykins admirers here.:hug: I love his game - smart and unpredictable - but admit he does come across as very ungracious sometimes on court.:sad:

Hope it's just immaturity and he'll grow out of it.

arm
05-31-2009, 01:43 PM
hehehehe Raquel;)
Where are you in Portugal btw? A place I want to visit one day:yeah:

I was born in Coimbra where I lived for 4 years while my parents were finishing uni, then we all moved to Chaves (in the norh, 5 minutes from Spain). Last september I came bact to Coimbra to study - I am at medical school. My parents and sister still live in Chaves. :)

Well given that US hard courts are his best surface, he's a bloody good bet. And I think he trumps Nole in mental toughness now, unpalatable though that may be for us to hear :shrug:

Admittedly, if Rafa is on for the calendar GS by then he may prove juggernaut-like.

So you think Nole will never beat him again on HC? :tape: Andy doesn't stand for Nole as rafa starnds for Roger, Herdwick. :nerner:

Sometimes your pessimis drepresses me! :nerner:

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 01:46 PM
So you think Nole will never beat him again on HC? :tape: Andy doesn't stand for Nole as rafa starnds for Roger, Herdwick. :nerner:

Sometimes your pessimism drepresses me! :nerner:

Stop putting words in my mouth - I said nothing of the kind! :nerner:

But, based on their recent records, in any HC meeting, Andykins will start favourite.

arm
05-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Stop putting words in my mouth - I said nothing of the kind! :nerner:

But, based on their recent records, in any HC meeting, Andykins will start favourite.

Exactly the way Nole things to start in order to end up the winner. :nerner:

Abd you know it. In their past meeting Nole was supposed to win - he was the favourite. Now he is not anymore, and that works damn well on his side.

*Raine
05-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Family problem since last week + Nole losing + Man United losing + Penguins losing = Pissed off and moody Raine.

To my friends on facebook, just give me a break and leave me alone for now. Please.I can tell you it's not a good time to talk about because I don't know I can control myself.

arm
05-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Family problem since last week + Nole losing + Man United losing + Penguins losing = Pissed off and moody Raine.

To my friends on facebook, just give me a break and leave me alone for now. Please.

:hug: It will all be past eventually. :hug:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 02:08 PM

To my friends on facebook, just give me a break and leave me alone for now. Please.I can tell you it's not a good time to talk about because I don't know I can control myself.

:hug:

ellen_
05-31-2009, 02:38 PM
In the meantime, Andy Roddick and wife Brooklyn are twittering that they're doing the laundry by hand because the laundry service is closed on Sundays :haha: With pictures and everything. Man, I love Twitter.

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 02:44 PM
In the meantime, Andy Roddick and wife Brooklyn are twittering that they're doing the laundry by hand because the laundry service is closed on Sundays :haha: With pictures and everything. Man, I love Twitter.

:lol: :rolls: Why didn't they think about doing it yesterday? Or maybe they enjoy it - in which case they are welcome to come and do mine :angel:

Robin :bowdown: :worship: :hearts:

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 02:48 PM

Link please? :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Soderling :inlove:

ellen_
05-31-2009, 02:49 PM
http://twitter.com/BrooklynDDecker and http://twitter.com/andyroddick

Don't know if you can see the pictures if you're not registered so I'll post them here.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/10638345.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1243782273&Signature=ctA18%2F4bg4Z%2BmYIV0zpTdLAuKY0%3D

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/10638726.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1243782295&Signature=AMSRqYya208uDPQBvLPowGZ4S5Y%3D

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Thank you! Love the pictures :lol: And the expression - he's really got it in for those socks:rolls:

JP says why isn't his wife doing it!

'What did he get married for otherwise' :lol:

arm
05-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Roddick is growing on me :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 03:01 PM
:rolls: Great photos Ellen - thanks. Andy looks like a sulky little boy :awww:

JP says why isn't his wife doing it!

'What did he get married for otherwise' :lol:

:lol:

*Raine
05-31-2009, 04:49 PM
To all: Thanks for the hugs.

Sorry if I gloated on the tournament thread. I felt like I needed to do that, after all the disappointments this week - Nole, Penguins, Manchester United. :sad::sad::sad:

Soderling and Magnus Norman ---> :inlove:

I can't believe I'm still a Magnus Norman fangirl after all these years. :sobbing: :angel:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
To all: Thanks for the hugs.

Sorry if I gloated on the tournament thread. I felt like I needed to do that, after all the disappointments this week - Nole, Penguins, Manchester United. :sad::sad::sad:

Soderling and Magnus Norman ---> :inlove:

I can't believe I'm still a Magnus Norman fangirl after all these years. :sobbing: :angel:

:hug: My friend, who was in RG with me last week, is a Magnus fan as well. He is the only reason she ever watches Soderling :)

*Raine
05-31-2009, 05:15 PM
:hug: My friend, who was in RG with me last week, is a Magnus fan as well. He is the only reason she ever watches Soderling :)

And I'm sure that will be my major reason why I will be watching Soderling's matches on tv from now on. :o:D

Did she take a lot of Magnus pics? :angel:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 05:19 PM
And I'm sure that will be my major reason why I will be watching Soderling's matches on tv from now on. :o:D

Did she take a lot of Magnus pics? :angel:

Quite possibly - I will ask her :)

Lee
05-31-2009, 05:50 PM
I already told you he's growing on me, H. So you're not completely alone :hug:

Why do I keep getting error messages without messages? It says "The following error was occured:", and there it stops :spit:

That's when your post will appear before other posts already there.

arm
05-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Sue, hope you eventually read this.

yes, medical school is a lot different here in portugal. Right after we finish hight school we need to choose a career. :shrug: don't know if its better or worse, but that the it has always worked here in Portugal.

In my case, I guess it's good, because by the age of 24 I'll have finished the first 6 years, and I start working/earning immediately, Still have 5-7 years of studying though, once I choose my speciality. ;)

ellen_
05-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Question about Wimbledon.

Does anyone know if you can enter the site during qualies? How can you get tickets? Just buy them there at the day itself?

And if you're in during the qualies, can you see the practices too then?

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 06:19 PM

Does anyone know if you can enter the site during qualies? How can you get tickets? Just buy them there at the day itself?

I have never ever been to quallies :o And I don't have a clue :oThough I know they are not held near Wimbledon itself :shrug: I think Jess has been though - maybe she can help :shrug:

Lee
05-31-2009, 06:37 PM

Jess here will know and probably Adam (adee-gee) but not sure if you know him.

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Wimby qualies are at Roehampton - nearish to Wimbledon but nothing like the facilities! Very low key.

ellen_
05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah I just found that out about Roehampton.

Jess = Troickitard ?

PinkFeatherBoa
05-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Ellen, qualies are held at Roehampton not the main grounds, so you can't see top players practising but they are free to attend. I go to qualies every year, so you can PM me if you'd like any more info about them and how to get there.

:wavey: to all, was just lurking and saw Ellen's post. :lol: Had to weigh in as an attending Wimbledon 'expert'. ;)

Herdwick
05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
:wavey: Ah - the floorshow is here.

Lee
05-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Don't want to derail the tournament thread so I put this here.

When Lee Jr. was little, this is his favourite

http://www.kindersurprise.com/images/main1.jpg

Unfortunately, it's not available in US but only in Canada.

The kinder chocolate is available only in the Chinese supermarket which provides different ethnic foods.

ellen_
05-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Ellen, qualies are held at Roehampton not the main grounds, so you can't see top players practising but they are free to attend. I go to qualies every year, so you can PM me if you'd like any more info about them and how to get there.

:wavey: to all, was just lurking and saw Ellen's post. :lol: Had to weigh in as an attending Wimbledon 'expert'. ;)

Ah of course :hug: I should've thought about you! So you can't see other players practice either?

And you as an expert, do you also have to queue? :p Wanna go for a couple of days, and I queued 2 years ago :tape: If we have to do that every day, oh boy :help:

I'll think about other questions and send you a PM then!

Lee
05-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah I just found that out about Roehampton.

Jess = Troickitard ?

Yes

arm
05-31-2009, 06:49 PM
]Don't want to derail the tournament thread so I put this here.

When Lee Jr. was little, this is his favourite

http://www.kindersurprise.com/images/main1.jpg

Unfortunately, it's not available in US but only in Canada.

The kinder chocolate is available only in the Chinese supermarket which provides different ethnic foods.

Not available in the USA? :smash: That's the best chocolate for young kids ever! :eek:

But this one is my fav chocolate ever:

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/lion1.jpg

:inlove:

Amber Spyglass
05-31-2009, 06:54 PM
I feel for nole right now,i bet there's half of him thats thinking OMG this is the most open RG in years i really should still be there and the other half is slightly consoled by the fact that finally another top top player has suffered from mental brainfart in a high profile grandslam match,he's not alone:hug:
I bet Rafa and nole are texting each other right now "WTF just happened"

Lee
05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
It's crazy, isn't it? Raquel!

A very nice friend from the forum sent me some when we moved here for Lee Jr. Unfortunately, the chocolate melt when the package was in the mail box. :tape: Here, the mailboxes are in a group at the side of the street)

ellen_
05-31-2009, 06:58 PM
I feel for nole right now,i bet there's half of him thats thinking OMG this is the most open RG in years i really should still be there and the other half is slightly consoled by the fact that finally another top top player has suffered from mental brainfart in a high profile grandslam match,he's not alone:hug:

:haha: I can totally picture the scene. Nole might take Rafa for a birthday drink, who knows :shrug:

arm
05-31-2009, 06:58 PM

It's useless to think that way. So better not start. :tape:

Serioulsy, yesterday was a clean and clear loss. Kohli deserve it. :shrug: No reason to be thinking "what if?...". What's done is done. And now Nole and Rafa have an advantage on grass. :)

Amber Spyglass
05-31-2009, 06:59 PM
^^Sorry thought i was in the french open thread but i couldn't be bothered posting it again

Lee
05-31-2009, 06:59 PM
You mean Rafa has an advantage on grass? :p

arm
05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
It's crazy, isn't it? Raquel!

A very nice friend from the forum sent me some when we moved here for Lee Jr. Unfortunately, the chocolate melt when the package was in the mail box. :tape: Here, the mailboxes are in a group at the side of the street)

It's very crazy indeed. :eek:

Amber Spyglass
05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
It's useless to think that way. So better not start. :tape:

Serioulsy, yesterday was a clean and clear loss. Kohli deserve it. :shrug: No reason to be thinking "what if?...". What's done is done. And now Nole and Rafa have an advantage on grass. :)
Well yeah Kolhi played a solid match and deserved it but nole's head wasn't in the match at all

arm
05-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Well yeah Kolhi played a solid match and deserved it but nole's head wasn't in the match at all

Sure, if Nole had played his best, I doubt Kohli's best would be enough for him to leave the court as winner. :shrug:

But it happens, and we have to go on. :bounce:

Noleta
05-31-2009, 07:07 PM

Cheating on Roger:devil:i think Novak should kick himself where it hurts the most he missed so many chances to go 2 and now this:smash:

cobalt60
05-31-2009, 07:51 PM

Jen! Have not seen you around in like forever. Although you seem to frequent other threads these days :lol:

cobalt60
05-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Sue, hope you eventually read this.

yes, medical school is a lot different here in portugal. Right after we finish hight school we need to choose a career. :shrug: don't know if its better or worse, but that the it has always worked here in Portugal.

In my case, I guess it's good, because by the age of 24 I'll have finished the first 6 years, and I start working/earning immediately, Still have 5-7 years of studying though, once I choose my speciality. ;)

I should have read this first :lol: I just sent you a pm explaining how it works here in the states and a bit of my background:)

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Kinder eggs and Roehampton :D What more can anyone wish for on a sunny Sunday evening? :banana:

Yes - :banana: are still dancing here :D Might even be time to bring out this little fellow for his yearly outing :D

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky111.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky111.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky111.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky111.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

ellen_
05-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Rose :rolls: So happy? Having a holiday tomorrow too? :p And no, I don't wanna hear it if you're happy because of that other reason :ras:

cobalt60
05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
WTF the posts are backwards again :o

PinkFeatherBoa
05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Just want to clarify that I don't normally spy/lurk here (don't want you lot thinking I'm weird like that :lol:), I only subscribed here when Rose was at RG because she said in the clay thread she'd post reports here. :)

Ah of course :hug: I should've thought about you! So you can't see other players practice either?

And you as an expert, do you also have to queue? :p Wanna go for a couple of days, and I queued 2 years ago :tape: If we have to do that every day, oh boy :help:

I'll think about other questions and send you a PM then!

You don't really get to see players practising at Roehampton, no. The courts are all taken up by the large volume of Qualie matches. The main draw players practise in the Wimbledon grounds, I believe.

No, there is no queuing involved! :D It's really laid-back, just turn up and walk right in. It isn't even busy there at all. Are you asking if I'm having to queue? I'm not sure I understand the last part of your post, sorry. :lol:

OK, if you think of any burning questions, feel free to ask me by PM. I'm always happy to impart my excessive knowledge of how all this Wimbledon stuff works. :hug:

arm
05-31-2009, 07:56 PM
^^^Hey you! As long you're not spying to make fun of "Noletrolls" spy and lurke all you want. :hug:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Just want to clarify that I don't normally spy/lurk here (don't want you lot thinking I'm weird like that :lol:), I only subscribed here when Rose was at RG because she said in the clay thread she'd post reports here. :)

You don't really get to see players practising at Roehampton, no. The courts are all taken up by the large volume of Qualie matches. The main draw players practise in the Wimbledon grounds, I believe.

No, there is no queuing involved! :D It's really laid-back, just turn up and walk right in. It isn't even busy there at all. Are you asking if I'm having to queue? I'm not sure I understand the last part of your post, sorry. :lol:

OK, if you think of any burning questions, feel free to ask me by PM. I'm always happy to impart my excessive knowledge of how all this Wimbledon stuff works. :hug:

:wavey: You are welcome to lurk/post here anytime :D

Rose :rolls: So happy? Having a holiday tomorrow too? :p And no, I don't wanna hear it if you're happy because of that other reason :ras:

:lol: Holiday - I wish :rolleyes: Only the Portuguese get so many random holidays! No I'll be at work tomorrow, and knee-deep in my Afghani refugees - I believe they get their first talk on sex education tomorrow morning - should be fun :tape:

ellen_
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM

No I was talking about queuing at the main tournament, sorry :lol: But nevermind.

PinkFeatherBoa
05-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks Raquel and Rosie, no I'm not spying because I want to make fun of course. I really like Novak, otherwise I wouldn't be here. :lol:

Jen! Have not seen you around in like forever. Although you seem to frequent other threads these days :lol:

Just saw this. Hi Sue, I'm OK thanks, yes I don't post much in Andy's forum these days (I got absorbed into the Gasquet forum :lol:). My news is that I'm just on the verge of Graduating Uni, so have been really busy with all that. I hope everything is well with you and your family! :)

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 08:00 PM
^^^Hey you! As long you're not spying to make fun of "Noletrolls" spy and lurke all you want. :hug:

Noletrolls are the best
We are better than the rest

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

PinkFeatherBoa
05-31-2009, 08:02 PM
No I was talking about queuing at the main tournament, sorry :lol: But nevermind.

OK, got you now. ;) I will say that queuing sucks since we're on that subject.

ellen_
05-31-2009, 08:04 PM
We have a holiday tomorrow :shrug: And it's a "Trappist-party" in my city. There might ring a bell at Herdwick's place when hearing the word Trappist. Shame I don't drink beer and shame I wanna watch tennis tomorrow though.

Gonna send you a PM, Jen.

cobalt60
05-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks Raquel and Rosie, no I'm not spying because I want to make fun of course. I really like Novak, otherwise I wouldn't be here. :lol:

Just saw this. Hi Sue, I'm OK thanks, yes I don't post much in Andy's forum these days (I got absorbed into the Gasquet forum :lol:). My news is that I'm just on the verge of Graduating Uni, so have been really busy with all that. I hope everything is well with you and your family! :)

We are all doing well thanks :) Nate takes his driving test tomorrow; ( this is a good thing, this is a good thing, this is a good thing). Congrats on graduation!!! Exciting time. What is up after that? Grad school or work?

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 08:09 PM
We have a holiday tomorrow :shrug: And it's a "Trappist-party" in my city. There might ring a bell at Herdwick's place when hearing the word Trappist. Shame I don't drink beer and shame I wanna watch tennis tomorrow though.

So Belgians also have more holidays than us poor Brits :sad:

OK, got you now. ;) I will say that queuing sucks since we're on that subject.

:worship: Indeed - won't EVER do it - not even for Novak - hateful way to waste a day sitting on a cold, wet pavement, to pay extortianate amounts of money for people you can see more closely and more cheaply at RG or Queens or almost anywhere else. Sorry - Wimbledon hater here - can't deny :o

PinkFeatherBoa
05-31-2009, 08:41 PM

Enjoy your Public Holiday tomorrow however you spend it, our British one already happened last week unfortunately.

We are all doing well thanks :) Nate takes his driving test tomorrow; ( this is a good thing, this is a good thing, this is a good thing). Congrats on graduation!!! Exciting time. What is up after that? Grad school or work?

Wow, I can't believe Nate is already that old, time really passes. Good luck to him. Glad you're all doing well. Thanks, I'm not really sure what I'm doing next but probably Employment (or hopefully more travel first :lol:).

:worship: Indeed - won't EVER do it - not even for Novak - hateful way to waste a day sitting on a cold, wet pavement, to pay extortianate amounts of money for people you can see more closely and more cheaply at RG or Queens or almost anywhere else. Sorry - Wimbledon hater here - can't deny :o

We Brits should have more holidays!

I understand why you find queuing annoying and yes I much prefer RG to Wimbledon myself (I can actually choose when I want to be at RG and which showcourt :D). I've never done it overnight, that's for sure and never in the rain either. Luckily in the past, I've been fortunate to have other ways to be able to attend without queuing but no so much anymore. :awww: It's definitely an advantage at Wimbledon to know people. ;)

arm
05-31-2009, 08:57 PM

You guys are the land of Shakespeare, Harry Potter and Andy Murray. Why do you need hollidays anyway? You don't need them!:shrug: You celebrate patriotism and your country everyday! :rolls:

I bet everyone is gone. :bigcry:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
I understand why you find queuing annoying and yes I much prefer RG to Wimbledon myself (I can actually choose when I want to be at RG and which showcourt :D). I've never done it overnight, that's for sure and never in the rain either. Luckily in the past, I've been fortunate to have other ways to be able to attend without queuing but no so much anymore. :awww: It's definitely an advantage at Wimbledon to know people. ;)

I'm with you on that - Wimbledon is all about WHO you now, not what you know :shrug: I'm kind of lucky in that I do know some people who can sometimes get me free tickets, and obviously if I get those, then I go, because it's live tennis and it's relatively local so would be stupid to turn down the opporunity - but that's as far as it goes :o I did the overnight thing a few times when I was at school and Uni, and guess it was an experience :shrug: But as I get older I like my comforts - or at least a clean, comfy bed and a hot shower in the morning - and the queueing thing just doesn't do it for me.

You guys are the land of Shakespeare, Harry Potter and Andy Murray. Why do you need hollidays anyway? You don't need them!:shrug: You celebrate patriotism and your country everyday! :rolls:

I bet everyone is gone. :bigcry:

:nerner: Now be careful Miss Sybarite - I am English, and England is most definitely NOT the land of Andy Murray :spit: That is an insult to all concerned. I'm sure would be ost offended to be called Engish :lol:

And not quite gone- but very soon now - have to work tomorrow.

arm
05-31-2009, 09:31 PM
I knwo you do. :p And so do I :awww:

*Ljubica*
05-31-2009, 09:35 PM
I knwo you do. :p And so do I :awww:

:hug: In which case I will say goodnight and sweet dreams :D (Though whether I could be lucky enough to repeat my dream from last night is very unlikely :awww: )

Talk to you sometime tomorrow I'm sure :kiss:

arm
05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd love to know about that dream. :devil: But I am sure you'll be selfish and keep it for yourself only. :awww:

Sleep well :hug:

Lee
05-31-2009, 09:47 PM
:wavey: Rose

NBC is showing Sharapova serving for the match. Only have time to show the last 2 games. :awww:

And the screaming is killing me. But there's a very loud Chinese guy cheering for Li.

Lee
05-31-2009, 09:49 PM
And I am not really sure whether Maria will help women tennis, the court was more than half empty with audience. And the noisiest crowd was the Chinese fans.