It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up. [Archive] - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

It's not important how many times you fall, but how many times you stand up.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

arm
05-21-2009, 06:27 PM
It will be over soon? :spit: Do you think 3rd Jully is soon? :fiery:

I can handle it, though. Just sucks that I won't be aroudn this much. But I'll always find the stime to watch Nole. :bounce:

arm
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
I have to go :wavey:

arm is going to study the arms. :awww: :rolls:

:hug:

PS: Lee, packing to go to Mexico? Or where to?

*Ljubica*
05-21-2009, 06:35 PM

In the great scheme of things - yes - July 3d is not long at all........ just around the time that Novak will win Wimbledon I reckon :D As for the arms - just remember Nole's waving to you in Madrid - and you will do fine :hug:

Later :kiss:

arm
05-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Now you made me put that stupid smile on my face. :inlove:

:wavey: Sometimes I still think it was my imagination. :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Now you made me put that stupid smile on my face. :inlove:

:wavey: Sometimes I still think it was my imagination. :rolls:

Believe me - it wasn't ;) Loads of peole seem to think tennis players are some kind of "superior" beings, who couldn't possibly bother with the likes of us "normal" people. But really they're just men :shrug: And as such - if they see a pretty girl they will react. Totally normal really :D

arm
05-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I do know they are normal people. :nerner: I just never thought I could be such a lucky girl. :rolls:

arm
05-21-2009, 06:55 PM
~I am such a good poker player. :rolls: I raise this very huge amount of virtual money and the next hand I lose it all. :spit:

Ok, time to go now. :o Should have been gone like half an hour ago. :bolt:

*Ljubica*
05-21-2009, 07:00 PM
I do know they are normal people. :nerner: I just never thought I could be such a lucky girl. :rolls:

You are young, slim and pretty - why ever shouldn't you be? :D

Anyway - I have to go now too - dinnertime :rolleyes: So don't work too hard on those arms!

Noleta
05-21-2009, 07:22 PM
ellen shoud be in Paris now:Dhave fun en niet te zat: :lol:

Goodluck with your revision arm:hug:

*Ljubica*
05-21-2009, 08:26 PM

Goodluck with your revision arm:hug:

She'd better be behaving herself and keeping her hands off my darling :devil:

Other than that - have fun Ellen :hug: and see you on Sunday!

arm
05-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Have fun ellen :bounce:

I so know she will. :tape:

And hey, don't steal Nole from me. :nerner:

arm
05-21-2009, 09:08 PM
BTW Rosie, I doubt Nole waved me because of my appearence. :rolls: It was dark and I was standing like 2 metres from the car. :rolls:

he waved me because he knows he needs his fans to be on his side. And because he is a great :inlove: guy.

:bounce:

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Good news folks, I *think/hope* that soon one of the supermods will move your old chat thread to a location where I can split it into sections of 5000 posts and then move it back to here, so that friendship building and memories and all can be restored :D

ellen_
05-21-2009, 09:39 PM
:wavey: Thanks all :hug:

Yes, I am in Paris now :dance: En ik ben water aan het drinken :angel:

She'd better be behaving herself and keeping her hands off my darling :devil:

Other than that - have fun Ellen :hug: and see you on Sunday!

Ahh, Rosie. You should know I'm a very innocent and well behaved girl by now. And so, I am not being sarcastic, this is serious!

Looking forward to Sunday!

Have fun ellen :bounce:

I so know she will. :tape:

And hey, don't steal Nole from me. :nerner:

:devil: What would you do if I push all the other fangirls aside, rip the shirt off his body and hug him? :ras:

arm
05-21-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd laugh. :nerner: My moves are so much better than yours. ;) :rolls:

Have fun, Ellen :D

And tahnk you Jess! That is great news :D :bounce:

ellen_
05-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh it's not a move, but I would enjoy it so much :p

arm
05-21-2009, 09:51 PM
ARe you by yourself in Pah-rreeh?

ellen_
05-21-2009, 09:58 PM
No, I'm here with a girl I met through MTF.

btw, I'm living together with 3 French speaking girls right now :help: And I already had a headache :lol: Thank god I sent them out alone!

arm
05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
:rolls: But french is such a nice languagge! :hearts:

ellen_
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
It's nice, but they are way too quick. After a while, it just becomes background noise to me :rolls:. I just stop trying to understand.

arm
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Well, my French really sucks. REALLY :rolls: But at public school we only have 3 yaers of French which equivallent to almost nothing. :awww:

ellen_
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
I had French for 10 years, and I live in a country where both Flemish as French is being spoken :p And I STILL can't speak or understand it properly. It's a difficult language. But then again... I'm not a language person.

Just checked the OOP for tomorrow. My friend wanted to see Montcourt and I wanted to see Olivier Rochus and Amer Delic. All 3 of them play first match at 11am :lol: Nice! Thank you, people of the schedule departement!

Noleta
05-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Nice to hear you arrived well ellen:hug:i don't understand a lot of french myself i learn languages quickly but i also forget them even quicker:lol:

Lee
05-22-2009, 12:17 AM
Pleased to hear it :D Yes - I'm OK thanks. Today was my last day in the Office til next Thursday (working from home tomorrow, Public Holiday on Monday, and then two days annual leave :) ) so that is always good! Getting ready for my RG trip - and looking forward to meeting Ellen there.

Sorry I left before your reply.

Have fun in Paris and behave :angel:

Everytime we went on a trip, I had to pack for 3 + dog :p The trip to Mexico was cancelled :shrug: and I am planning for a replacement trip within US. Within driving distance but right now, I am really not in the mood to do the planning. :shrug:

Good news folks, I *think/hope* that soon one of the supermods will move your old chat thread to a location where I can split it into sections of 5000 posts and then move it back to here, so that friendship building and memories and all can be restored :D

Thanks Jess!

Yes, I am in Paris now :dance:

:woohoo:

kalisita
05-22-2009, 01:59 AM

Thanks for the good news Jess! :yeah: Hope it actually happens.

Glad to hear you arrived okay. Hope you have a great time! :)

savesthedizzle
05-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Thread all split up and totally visible again ;) Enjoy :D

kalisita
05-22-2009, 02:19 AM
It happened! Thanks Jess.

savesthedizzle
05-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Next I set to work on the other chat thread and then I volunteered to do a massive chat thread in NT that I have like 40000 posts in myself :rolls:

Lee
05-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Next I set to work on the other chat thread and then I volunteered to do a massive chat thread in NT that I have like 40000 posts in myself :rolls:

Adam's? :lol:

Too bad I'm not a mod anymore, otherwise I can help :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Adam's? :lol:

Too bad I'm not a mod anymore, otherwise I can help :lol:

They probably won't let me do that one though... the only way I could is if they move it here and I divide it into little pieces here and then a supermod moves all the pieces back to NT. I suppose that's not absolutely ridiculous :p

Lee
05-22-2009, 04:27 AM
They probably won't let me do that one though... the only way I could is if they move it here and I divide it into little pieces here and then a supermod moves all the pieces back to NT. I suppose that's not absolutely ridiculous :p

Can't you do that in the mod's forum?

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 10:41 AM

Ahh, Rosie. You should know I'm a very innocent and well behaved girl by now. And so, I am not being sarcastic, this is serious!

Looking forward to Sunday!

:devil: What would you do if I push all the other fangirls aside, rip the shirt off his body and hug him? :ras:

Ellen :hug: So glad you got there safely. Enjoy your day at RG, and wish Nole a Happy Birthday if you see him :D See you soon :kiss:

Thread all split up and totally visible again ;) Enjoy :D

Thanks so much Jess - much appreciated.

And - have to say - I can't believe I rushed about like a maniac doing housework this morning (and wrote my work report last night), so I could follow the RG draw live this morning - so I am here - but there is nothing :spit: Damned Frenchies :rolleyes: Can never do anything on time!

pica_pica
05-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Gosh, I think I'm a bit addicted to the Novak song on his homepage :o :haha:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 01:09 PM

:lol: I'm just so glad he doesn't get to sing on it himself :tape: It is quite catchy though :D

*Raine
05-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Awww.... it's Nole's birthday today. We're actually the same age right now, until I turn 23 in July.

:sobbing: Our Nole's all grown up now. :p :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I wouldn't mind if there's a private celebration. /end of fangirl mode :o :angel:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Awww.... it's Nole's birthday today. We're actually the same age right now, until I turn 23 in July.

:sobbing: Our Nole's all grown up now. :p :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I wouldn't mind if there's a private celebration. /end of fangirl mode :o :angel:

Raine :wavey: He is still FAR too young for me of course - but who knows he might like older women ;) And - anyway - I can always be happy with his Physio (who is much nearer my age!) :D

savesthedizzle
05-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Can't you do that in the mod's forum?

I don't have powers in the mod forum :sad: :lol:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Random Eurosport whinge :devil: Was just happily watchng Blake v Safin - yes I know it's only an exho. but it was fun - and suddenly the WTA-loving Eurosport bosses decided I would rather watch Elena Bondarenko v Anne Keothavong :rolleyes: There are only about 2 people in the Stands - so what makes them think I want to make it 3? :spit:

WTA :rolleyes:

Lee
05-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't have powers in the mod forum :sad: :lol:

Oops, I forgot! It's been a long time. :lol:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't understand what they're singing so i can't get into the song if that makes sense:o

:lol: I'm just so glad he doesn't get to sing on it himself :tape: It is quite catchy though :D

Oh god he might as well do it:spit:but we will forgive him it's his birthday:p

Random Eurosport whinge :devil: Was just happily watchng Blake v Safin - yes I know it's only an exho. but it was fun - and suddenly the WTA-loving Eurosport bosses decided I would rather watch Elena Bondarenko v Anne Keothavong :rolleyes: There are only about 2 people in the Stands - so what makes them think I want to make it 3? :spit:

WTA :rolleyes:

I know i was watching too:rolleyes:maybe it was bacause a British player was involved:p

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I know i was watching too:rolleyes:maybe it was bacause a British player was involved:p

:shrug: Or just because they're obsessed with WTA on Eurosport :devil: It's over now though - so we get to see Marat and Blake again (though sadly only recorded highlights now though).

Btw - just checked the Paris weather forecast - looks set to be 26 C, and there is me just finished packing all my fleece jackets and boots because that's what I still have to wear here :rolleyes:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 04:18 PM
:shrug: Or just because they're obsessed with WTA on Eurosport :devil: It's over now though - so we get to see Marat and Blake again (though sadly only recorded highlights now though).

Btw - just checked the Paris weather forecast - looks set to be 26 C, and there is me just finished packing all my fleece jackets and boots because that's what I still have to wear here :rolleyes:

I find it hard to watch when the court is so empty:othis has been a bad year for WTA so far people are just not that interested anymore:sad:

How long will you be staying in Paris:D have to say we had a good weather so far plenty of sunshine:)

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I find it hard to watch when the court is so empty:othis has been a bad year for WTA so far people are just not that interested anymore:sad:

How long will you be staying in Paris:D have to say we had a good weather so far plenty of sunshine:)

Only til Wednesday night - have to be back at work on Thursday :sad: I fear they may be thunder on Monday in Paris - and I hate thunder :eek: so hope Nole is scheduled either Sunday or Tuesday.

And have to say I find WTA hard to watch anyway :o

Noleta
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Only til Wednesday night - have to be back at work on Thursday :sad: I fear they may be thunder on Monday in Paris - and I hate thunder :eek: so hope Nole is scheduled either Sunday or Tuesday.

And have to say I find WTA hard to watch anyway :o

Oh hope you'll have lots of fun in such a short period:hug:and if there was to be thunder think of Miljan:angel:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh hope you'll have lots of fun in such a short period:hug:and if there was to be thunder think of Miljan:angel:

Indeed :D I will just have to call him and get him to come over and look after me :aplot: I'm sure he could think of something to take my mind of the storm!

And - yes - I hope I have fun too :D Wish I could have stayed longer (I usually go there for at least a week), - but the time I spent in Belgrade this year, meant I couldn't take any more annual leave from work in such a short period....... so I can just blame the timing of Serbia Open. :devil:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Indeed :D I will just have to call him and get him to come over and look after me :aplot: I'm sure he could think of something to take my mind of the storm!

And - yes - I hope I have fun too :D Wish I could have stayed longer (I usually go there for at least a week), - but the time I spent in Belgrade this year, meant I couldn't take any more annual leave from work in such a short period....... so I can just blame the timing of Serbia Open. :devil:

See:devil:

Can't you just take as many annual holidays whenever you like:confused:

*Raine
05-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Raine :wavey: He is still FAR too young for me of course - but who knows he might like older women ;) And - anyway - I can always be happy with his Physio (who is much nearer my age!) :D

:D Yep, he might especially those one year older than him. :haha: :p

:(:( Back off from the Physio.

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 06:14 PM
See:devil:

Can't you just take as many annual holidays whenever you like:confused:

Afraid not :sad: We only have 27 days a year (plus Public Holidays), and because there are several of us in my office, we all have to fit around each other, to make sure we all get our fair share of holidays at the best time for us. Next week is Half Term in the UK, which means my colleagues with young children want to have time off to be with their kids, so as I've already had 10 days off this month, I had to step back and let them have a turn.

:(:( Back off from the Physio.

The Physio is MINE :angel: I'm afraid there is NO negotiation on this point at all :nerner:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Afraid not :sad: We only have 27 days a year (plus Public Holidays), and because there are several of us in my office, we all have to fit around each other, to make sure we all get our fair share of holidays at the best time for us. Next week is Half Term in the UK, which means my colleagues with young children want to have time off to be with their kids, so as I've already had 10 days off this month, I had to step back and let them have a turn.

The Physio is MINE :angel: I'm afraid there is NO negotiation on this point at all :nerner:

I understand:)wow 27 days i only have 17days:bigcry:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 06:24 PM
I understand:)wow 27 days i only have 17days:bigcry:

Really! That's not good. Legal minimum here is 20 days (plus Public Holidays) in a full time job, but most people have 25. Then you can go up to 35 depending on length of service with your Company etc. People in the Public Sector, Health and Education, tend to get slightly more, which is why I get 27 and not 25, even though I haven't been in my job very long.

Noleta
05-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Really! That's not good. Legal minimum here is 20 days (plus Public Holidays) in a full time job, but most people have 25. Then you can go up to 35 depending on length of service with your Company etc. People in the Public Sector, Health and Education, tend to get slightly more, which is why I get 27 and not 25, even though I haven't been in my job very long.

17 days and after 6 or 7yrs you get one day off:rolleyes:but i guess unlike the uk we have a lot of days off like this week we have 2 days:Dthe maximum over here or where i work is 22days:o

*Raine
05-22-2009, 06:42 PM

Fine, I'll just take Dima then. :nerner:

I will be back for the physio tomorrow. :devil:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 07:00 PM
17 days and after 6 or 7yrs you get one day off:rolleyes:but i guess unlike the uk we have a lot of days off like this week we have 2 days:Dthe maximum over here or where i work is 22days:o

Yes - we only have 8 Public Holidays, and you have a lot more, so guess it probably works out quite similar in the end.

Fine, I'll just take Dima then. :nerner:

I will be back for the physio tomorrow. :devil:

:devil: Remember I will already be in Paris by tomorrow - so the Physio will be way too tired for a young lady like yourself. He will just need to :zzz: by the time have finished with him :angel:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Girls why won't you both share him or better have a erm....nice evening the three of you:angel:

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Girls why won't you both share him or better have a erm....nice evening the three of you:angel:

:aplot: Quite happy for that with Nole, or Dima, or Janko :D But when it comes to Miljan he is NOT for sharing :devil: I am VERY possessive over him. And now I have to go and eat - so PLEASE no one steal him whilst my back is turned :spit:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 07:09 PM
:aplot: Quite happy for that with Nole, or Dima, or Janko :D But when it comes to Miljan he is NOT for sharing :devil: I am VERY possessive over him. And now I have to go and eat - so PLEASE no one steal him whilst my back is turned :spit:

:rolls:

Enjoy your dinner and don't forget to look behind your back:p

*Raine
05-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Noleta, don't tell Rose, I'm taking Miljan while she's away. :angel:

:devil: Remember I will already be in Paris by tomorrow - so the Physio will be way too tired for a young lady like yourself. He will just need to :zzz: by the time have finished with him :angel:

Booo!!!!! :(

I'm just what he needs. :p

Noleta
05-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Noleta, don't tell Rose, I'm taking Miljan while she's away. :angel:

Booo!!!!! :(

I'm just what he needs. :p

That won't be so easy Rose hears and sees everything:p

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm back :wavey: So you can stop your plotting and scheming girls - the Physio is mine :angel: :p

*Raine
05-22-2009, 08:41 PM
That won't be so easy Rose hears and sees everything:p

:secret: It's our secret. :p

:wavey: Off to bed, it's 3:39 am here. :o

ellen_
05-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Good evening all :wavey:

Lovely day here in Paris, but unfortunately I didn't see Nole today :awww: And the 3 guys we wanted to see all lost :(

Rose, you are leaving tomorrow and arriving in the evening, right? Have a safe journey :hug:

First day pictures :) http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwOpen/FotosRolandGarros#

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 09:15 PM

Lovely day here in Paris, but unfortunately I didn't see Nole today :awww: And the 3 guys we wanted to see all lost :(

Rose, you are leaving tomorrow and arriving in the evening, right? Have a safe journey :hug:

Ellen :wavey: Sorry you didn't see Nole, and that your guys lost :sad: Yes I will be in Paris tomorrow - probably more like late afternoon than evening. If the weather is nice, I was thinking that I might possibly come over to Benny Berthet Day for an hour, but think it's unlikely to be honest, as it would be expensive to buy a ticket just for an hour or two, and it also depends on what time my train gets in, and how tired I am after I've gone over to the apartment and unpacked, had a shower etc. So it's more likely to be Sunday. Enjoy your day tomorrow and see you soon :hug:

Thanks for the pics, and please look after Miljan for me ;)

*Raine
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Ellen: Have fun and take care. :wavey: Don't faint.

I'm back :wavey: So you can stop your plotting and scheming girls - the Physio is mine :angel: :p

:p :angel: Have fun in your trip too.

Tell Nole to make a twitter or facebook account.

*Ljubica*
05-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Ellen: Have fun and take care. :wavey: Don't faint.

:p :angel: Have fun in your trip too.

Thanks dear :hug: I'm going offline now anyway - need to try and get an early night - so next time I talk to you all I'll be in sunny Paris :D There used to be an Internet Cafe close to the apartments where I'm staying - if that's still there I'll be able to pop in occasionally quite easily (:secret: as long as Miljan gives me some time alone to do so :p )

:wavey: all :kiss:

ellen_
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Raine, I absolutely loved it that you told Andy Roddick to spread the word about Twitter :haha: Well done!

arm
05-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! :banana: I told you he'd be in Roger's side. :bounce:

I am in Chaves. :D

arm
05-22-2009, 10:14 PM
:bigcry: Rose is gone and I did not wish her a happy holliday. :awww:

Noleta
05-22-2009, 10:48 PM

First day pictures :) http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwOpen/FotosRolandGarros#

Thanks ellen for the pics:kiss: were those 3 guys Belgian?if so that's not surprising:sad:hope you have better luck in the upcoming days:hug:

Thanks dear :hug: I'm going offline now anyway - need to try and get an early night - so next time I talk to you all I'll be in sunny Paris :D There used to be an Internet Cafe close to the apartments where I'm staying - if that's still there I'll be able to pop in occasionally quite easily (:secret: as long as Miljan gives me some time alone to do so :p )

:wavey: all :kiss:

:wavey: have fun:D

arm
05-23-2009, 02:16 PM
So quiet here. :awww:

Everyone is on hollidays - ellen, Rosie, Herdwick - or getting ready to one - Lee. :awww: And I gotta go study. :mad: :bigcry:

Until when is Rosie staying in Paris? I can't believe I missed her. :mad: Have fun, girl! :hug:

Ok, back to my books. :wavey:

*Ljubica*
05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
So quiet here. :awww:

Everyone is on hollidays - elle, Rosie, Herdwick - or getting ready to one - (Lee. :awww: And I gotta go study. :mad: :bigcry:

Until when is Rosie staying in Paris? I can't believe I missed her. :mad: Have fun, girl! :hug:

Ok, back to my books. :wavey:

Raquel :hug: Don't worry - I know you wouldn't forget about me intentionally :D Anyway, here I am, just arrived in Paris, and glad to see the Internet Cafe is still close to my apartment block, as it was last year. Pity about the bizarre French keyboard though :spit: Why have the moved the "a" :awww: And the "m" - strange people :shrug: And the comma has gone too :eek:

Anyway, I decided against heading over to RG today - I'm tired, it's trying to :rain: a bit, and by the time I got there Benny Berthet Day would be almost over. So I'm just going to buy some food for the apartment, have a shower and an early night. Wonder if sweet Marin Cilic is still in the same block like last year - and if he is, I hope he won't embarrass me by calling out "It's my Pizza Lady" again :o So far have only seen a few random WTA girls - don't recognise any of them (and care even less :o )

OK - must go as my time is almost up.

Bye for now from Paris: Ellen - I'll see you at the venue tomorrow - I plan to get there around 11.00am.

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 05:04 PM
:wavey: Evening - one goes; one returns :lol: Anyone around?

West Mallorca is the equal for beauty of anywhere I have ever been plus we got a free performance of the Palma Municipal band in Palma's Placa Major on Thursday night.:D Wonderful place.

Seems congrats are due to Serbia in the WTC :yeah:

And in Roger's half I see at RG...should be interesting :bounce:

pica_pica
05-23-2009, 05:23 PM

West Mallorca is the equal for beauty of anywhere I have ever been plus we got a free performance of the Palma Municipal band in Palma's Placa Major on Thursday night.:D Wonderful place.

Ya and after the draw ceremony Novak just couldn't wait to shout "I love you Ana" high up from the stands :haha:

Noleta
05-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Raquel :hug: Don't worry - I know you wouldn't forget about me intentionally :D Anyway, here I am, just arrived in Paris, and glad to see the Internet Cafe is still close to my apartment block, as it was last year. Pity about the bizarre French keyboard though :spit: Why have the moved the "a" :awww: And the "m" - strange people :shrug: And the comma has gone too :eek:

Anyway, I decided against heading over to RG today - I'm tired, it's trying to :rain: a bit, and by the time I got there Benny Berthet Day would be almost over. So I'm just going to buy some food for the apartment, have a shower and an early night. Wonder if sweet Marin Cilic is still in the same block like last year - and if he is, I hope he won't embarrass me by calling out "It's my Pizza Lady" again So far have only seen a few random WTA girls - don't recognise any of them (and care even less :o )

OK - must go as my time is almost up.

Bye for now from Paris: Ellen - I'll see you at the venue tomorrow - I plan to get there around 11.00am.

Good to hear you're in Paris safe and all:hug: have fun with..............Miljan:angel:and ellen of course:D
Oh rose:haha::hug:

:wavey:how was the weather:D

arm
05-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Herdwick!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce::bounce:

You're back. :D Yes, I know Mallorca is :inlove:. :D Glad you had a great time, you sybarite. Read about he request I made rosie about this thread title's?

:bounce:

arm
05-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh dear, I totally missed Rosie's post again. :mad:

Rosie!!! You have fun tomorrow. :bounce: Cheer a bit for my countryman Gil. :bounce: And get ready for Nole. :angel:

arm
05-23-2009, 07:09 PM
PS: I think I need a new flag, am going to go and choose another one. :rolls::silly:

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Ok - unpacking and washing done. Quiet here it seems.

Can confirm the Kia was total crap - avoid at all costs. Rafa has clearly sold his soul for filthy lucre. :explode: This disappoints me...

Weather stunning when we left but apparently breaks today.:lol: Currently watching BGT which is on form - all you fans of the divine Susan B will be delighted to know it's the SFs this weekend.:devil:

Await the new flag with interest. :scratch:

arm
05-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Ok - unpacking and washing done. Quiet here it seems.

Can confirm the Kia was total crap - avoid at all costs. Rafa has clearly sold his soul for filthy lucre. :explode: This disappoints me...

Weather stunning when we left but apparently breaks today.:lol: Currently watching BGT which is on form - all you fans of the divine Susan B will be delighted to know it's the SFs this weekend.:devil:

Await the new flag with interest. :scratch:

Jamaica :hearts: Why? No idea. :shrug::rolls:

Am going out tonight with the old friends. :bounce: I miss them. This QdF thing and Madrid stoppend me from coming to Chaves fro 5 straight weeks. :eek::awww:

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Jamaica :confused: :scratch: Sad to see you abandon Europe but whatever floats your boat.:shrug:

Enjoy your evening of self-indulgence.:D

arm
05-23-2009, 09:03 PM
My last flag was the Brazil one! :nerner:

You know how I feel about Europe. :inlove: But if I use any flag from Europe other than Portugal's I don't feel confortable with it. :shrug: It's silly I know.

My heart still belongs to the old continent. :hearts:

Tha avatar :rolls:.

So, lazy sunday to get ready for work?

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 09:05 PM
So it was but at least you claimed Brazilian parentage so some logic there.

Macau or Mozambique suit?

Irresistible yes? :lol:

arm
05-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Well, I had a boyfriend whose dad was born in Jamaica. That works? :o .rolls:

I need colourful flags. :rolls: Green, blue, yellow, white... And Mozambique or Angola's are quite boring and depressing. :shrug: Portugal's is depressing as well, if I told you the meaning of everything in that flag you'd agree. And we have to leart it at primary school. :spit:

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Romania?

Or Mauritius surely is a clear winner?

arm
05-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Romania is dark blue and red. No dark blue and no red. But the yellow is dfinitely right :shrug:

When I was 14 years old I used to spend my days memorizing every country's flag and capital city. :rolls: It was fun. :D

arm
05-23-2009, 09:17 PM
PS: Just checked Mauritius flad. :inlove: That should be a winner, yes! :bounce:

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Mauritius trumps Jamica IMO.

73 year old breakdancer on BGT :haha:

Is there Portugal/Ireland's got talent? Or is it just the Uk and the US?

arm
05-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Mauritius trumps Jamica IMO.

73 year old breakdancer on BGT :haha:

Is there Portugal/Ireland's got talent? Or is it just the Uk and the US?

Yes, there is. It was called "Aqui há talento" but it was a failure here. :shrug: Pretty much nobody watched because it was actually kind of boring. :shrug:

arm
05-23-2009, 09:25 PM
There you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talent_Suomi#Portugal

arm
05-23-2009, 09:27 PM
I have a funny story about the Spanish version.

You know here in Chves we can watch Spanish channels. One day I was watching TV and I stoppend to watch a magician that looked really familiar to me. A few minutes later I realized I had a 2 hour chat with him when I did my cruise in the Mediterean. Turns up he was working at the ship as an entertainer and we happened to met and he offered me a drink. :bounce:

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 09:33 PM

Thank you - that Simon Cowell gets everywhere. You mean you didn't have acts of this quality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0DlF3zAE2s&feature=PlayList&p=BE4F0D0C88886A41&index=6

Wonder why no Ireland though.

ellen_
05-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Bonsoir :wavey:

We got the practice schedule today and Nole was practicing when he had just entered so I immediately went to his court. Unfortunately we couldn't reach it, there were some security guards blocking the way :explode:

It was a bad day actually. Ernie was about to practice, and after 5 minutes there was rain... And it lasted for about 2 hours :rolleyes: Thank god we found him back on another court after the rain break :dance: Tomorrow it's his R1 match and I am so nervous that I don't even feel tired.

Pictures of the 2nd day ;) http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwOpen/FotosRolandGarros#5339103021662096162

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Ah - bonsoir. I wish you a happy stay and a big :hug: to Ernie - it's time his year turned round sharpish.

arm
05-23-2009, 09:39 PM
:rolls: No, we did not. :o But I only watched it once or twice. :shrug:

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 09:44 PM

Thank you - that Simon Cowell gets everywhere. You mean you didn't have acts of this quality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0DlF3zAE2s&feature=PlayList&p=BE4F0D0C88886A41&index=6

Wonder why no Ireland though.
Oh there was an Irish one alright,called "You're a Star"(how original:rolleyes:)- biggest load of crap.Every act that came out of it was an instant flop:angel:

ellen_
05-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh I forgot to say he practiced with Stepanek :p

Herdwick
05-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh I forgot to say he practiced with Stepanek :p

I devoutly hope you and Rosie controlled your lust. ;)

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Bonsoir :wavey:

We got the practice schedule today and Nole was practicing when he had just entered so I immediately went to his court. Unfortunately we couldn't reach it, there were some security guards blocking the way :explode:

It was a bad day actually. Ernie was about to practice, and after 5 minutes there was rain... And it lasted for about 2 hours :rolleyes: Thank god we found him back on another court after the rain break :dance: Tomorrow it's his R1 match and I am so nervous that I don't even feel tired.

Pictures of the 2nd day ;) http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwOpen/FotosRolandGarros#5339103021662096162

Loving the picture quality on some of those pics fellow Ellen(i'm only teasing:hug:)

Amber Spyglass
05-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh sorry just realised it focuses if you leave it for a while
Aah the joys of dial-up:spit:

arm
05-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Ellen :bounce: Og Gosh, you and Rosie are going to rock in RG. :tape: have fun :hug:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Goodluck to Ernie tomorrow and thanks for the picture ellen:kiss:hope you'll have more luck seeing Novak next time without anyone standing in the way:D

Lee
05-24-2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the pics, ellen!

Is Ernie has a new coach?

ellen_
05-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Well, we have no idea who the blue guy with the sunglasses is :shrug: He was with him on Friday too, but he just stands there during practice. It's Pilic who does the talking. And I don't know the guy either.

arm
05-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Good morning :baghead: Waking up at 9am to study. :spit:

Have a good tennis day everyone :wavey:

arm
05-24-2009, 09:39 AM
I just saw the chole draw now and realized that if Roger had gotten Murray in his half instead od Nole, he couldn't have had an easier draw. :banghead: It's ridicullous how easy that draw is for him until the semi. :shrug:

Lololita
05-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm coming to see how :devil: your chat thread really is Arm :p

I think at this point he isn't going to lose to many players outside of Nole or Nadal so it doesn't matter much what draw he has, the only thing that counts is Nole in his half :D

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 12:48 PM
:wavey:

Hello there - we're very friendly here. Versatile and lively-minded too so original thoughts welcome.

Lololita
05-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Lots of pressure on my posts to be original now ;)

I'm watching that poor french girl on Lenglen right now, I don't know how many match points she's lost :o it reminds me of Nole's semi against Rafa :bigcry:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 12:57 PM
It's Ok - there's a fair bit of mundanity too so don't feel pressurised :lol:

Lololita
05-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Pheeew! :lol:

Masha91
05-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Lots of pressure on my posts to be original now ;)

I'm watching that poor french girl on Lenglen right now, I don't know how many match points she's lost :o it reminds me of Nole's semi against Rafa :bigcry:

Hey! The one with Johansson and Diatchenko? Diatchenko has an interesting grunt :lol:

So sad for the French girl at the end though :sad:

arm
05-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Pçease call me Raquel. ;) Everyone does, here.

I hope you have lots of fun here :bounce:

Hello there - we're very friendly here. Versatile and lively-minded too so original thoughts welcome.

You mean, I am friendly you are :devil:. :nerner:

Hey! The one with Johansson and Diatchenko? Diatchenko has an interesting grunt :lol:

So sad for the French girl at the end though :sad:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Ahem - I am friendly to people I like and those who amuse me.;)

That Safin match was really annoying me - so glad it's over. Gillou now :bounce:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:01 PM
:woohoo: Either she likes me or/and I amuse her! :bounce::banana:

Am looking forwards to Andykins match. :D

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:05 PM
You are one of the few who fit into both categories.:angel: May you live long and prosper. I would like to have you cloned.

Likewise - BBCi are already salivating at the prospect.

arm
05-24-2009, 03:09 PM
You are one of the few who fit into both categories.:angel: May you live long and prosper. I would like to have you cloned.

Likewise - BBCi are already salivating at the prospect.

:eek: I really do rock! :bounce: Though to be honest, that cloning idea scares me a bit. :scared:

Andy pretty much has an easy draw, this migh actually be his most difficult match until semis or quaters. You know I like him, but deep down :secret: I secretly wish he loses wight away. :o You know why. :nerner:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:10 PM
PS: Who do you think Rosie is watching today? :shrug: It's kind of difficult to tell.

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Rest assured - cloned only in the metaphysical sense.

I want Andykins to do well and I shall be happy for him. But I want Nole to do even better.

Marin, then Sexy then Andykins or David :lol: would be my guess.

arm
05-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Andykins? I doubt it. She has to have ticket for that court, and I'd say she bought tickets for central court. maybe Gilles :inlove:. Yeah, definitely Gilles! :bounce: Marin and sexy as well, sure.

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:19 PM
PS: Who do you think Rosie is watching today? :shrug: It's kind of difficult to tell.

Deffinately not Andy:lol:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:19 PM
No one is showing Simon! Both BBC and Europsort are on Nando now :explode:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I was just about to ask you that!. :mad: :fiery:

I hate Eurosport and all that cycling mania plus WTA mania. :explode:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:26 PM
And he is losing :mad:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Gillou - WTF?

arm
05-24-2009, 03:30 PM
He needs us to cheer and watch. Allez Gilles :bigclap: :bounce:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:32 PM
He's waking up a bit now :lol:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:32 PM
do you happen to have any stream now?

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:33 PM
It's on ES here now. BBC are sticking with Petrova :zzz:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Portuguese ES sticks with that f***ing cycling thing. :banghead::fiery:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.justin.tv/rabino66/popout

Not brilliant though...

Nole not playing until Tuesday. Both Rafa and Roger play tomorrow. :confused:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:42 PM
:hug::bounce: At least it is something! Thank you, thank you!

Allez Gilles! :bounce:

So, lazy sunday at home wtahcing tennis and having JP cooking for you? :angel:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
The crowd need to get behind him more

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM

Not brilliant though...

Strange schedules isn't it:confused:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Yep - all I've done today is one load of washing and watch tennis. I will cook dinner though.:angel:

By contrast, JP has mowed the lawn, trimmed the hedge and creosoted the garden shed and the fence. He really is a gem :inlove:

Really surprised Roger and Rafa are on the same day - odd so must be at one of their requests.

arm
I like it that way! :bounce: The schedule, I mean. ;)

arm
BTW, I saw Petrova in Madrid, she is scary. :scared:

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:47 PM
I have to work on Tuesday :banghead:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:48 PM
You have monday off? That is good, no?

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Yep - all I've done today is one load of washing and watch tennis. I will cook dinner though.:angel:

By contrast, JP has mowed the lawn, trimmed the hedge and creosoted the garden shed and the fence. He really is a gem :inlove:

Really surprised Roger and Rafa are on the same day - odd so must be at one of their requests.

They just said that Fed will play monday and than have to wait till thursday to play his second round:eek: apparently there is a new schedule director this year:shrug:

kalisita
05-24-2009, 03:49 PM

Not brilliant though...

:sad: I was hoping for tomorrow. I have to go help my mother "spring" clean on Tuesday.

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
So was I.

Monday is day off indeed. I can live with successive Roger and Rafa.

Gillou :hug: Raquel - you need to up your concentration here.

Noleta
05-24-2009, 03:52 PM
:sad: I was hoping for tomorrow. I have to go help my mother "spring" clean on Tuesday.

:hug: is there anyway to watch it:sad: i hope he won't be first on the court which means i won't be able to watch either:armed:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:54 PM

I missed this post. JP :hug: He spoils you too much. :nerner: But then again, I should shut up as I have never been more spoilt by anyone than by Joăo. :o

So was I.

Monday is day off indeed. I can live with successive Roger and Rafa.

Gillou :hug: Raquel - you need to up your concentration here.

To be honest i am not concentrated at all. I should start now. :)

Herdwick
05-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Providing it's on Chatrier, BBCi will have it online but it's UK only I think...

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=tennis

has been pretty good today - better than either CS or atdhe.

arm
05-24-2009, 03:57 PM
:explode: I just realized, I think I won't be able to watch Nole either! :mad: i have to go to the hospital in the morning and have classes from 2 to 4 pm. So unless his match is the last... :awww:

arm
05-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Lee! I need you to cheer for Gil with me. :awww:

arm
05-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Gilles :bigclap: Come on!

kalisita
05-24-2009, 04:18 PM
:hug: is there anyway to watch it:sad: i hope he won't be first on the court which means i won't be able to watch either:armed:

I guess it depends upon when he plays. :shrug: Though I will have TTC all day, it's just hard to watch when you're supposed to be working! :lol:

It seems like Tuesday is crappy for everyone here! :sad:

Lee
05-24-2009, 04:28 PM
kalisita, the Pens are on fire! :dance:

Lee
05-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Lee! I need you to cheer for Gil with me. :awww:

I was :awww:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 04:29 PM
I guess it depends upon when he plays. :shrug: Though I will have TTC all day, it's just hard to watch when you're supposed to be working! :lol:

It seems like Tuesday is crappy for everyone here! :sad:

Well it's Novak's day so you should be fogiving:angel:

Lee
05-24-2009, 04:30 PM
kalisita, the Pens are on fire.

*Ljubica*
05-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Greetings from Paris :wavey: Wasn't sure which thread to post this in - here or tournament thread - but anyway - this will do.

First - welcome back Herdwick :hug: Glad you had fun.

Second - OMG is it f***ing hot in Paris.............. about 28C but feeling about 40 C in the infernal crowds. In the end I had to leave and come back to have a shower and a drink - will probably go back in half an hour though. Ellen is still there supporting her Ernie - she is lovely btw - was great to finally meet her. We met at Ernie's practice this morning.

Nole was kind enough to practice on a nice practice court with seats :inlove: Sadly he was unkind enough to practice with Gael Monfils; so the court was overrun with screeching Frenchies (no offence to any French people here of course :) ) and it got very hot and crowded. Nole seemed quite uncomfortable the heat :awww: So I'm kind of glad he's playing Tuesday because the really hot weather is set to break tomrrow night,so Tuesday will be mch cooler - though perhaps some :rain: too. I noticed his breathing was quite laboured at times in the heat :sad: and he needed ice on the back of his neck all the time:awww: He wore white, but still with the blue shoes :hearts:

Practice was in a good spirit. One silly (English :o ) guy kept on shouting out "Come on Novak do your impersonations" :rolleyes: but he didn't. Funniest bit was when they practiced serve and Gael seemed to want to use Miljan :inlove: as his target :tape: How DARE he hurt my beloved? :fiery:

As for Miljan of course, - still gorgeous in every way. Even Ellen has decided he is cute now........... especially after seeing his tummy :devil: I love him even more than before if that is possible - mainly because I saw him after practice, he came over to say "hello" and also gave me a bottle of ice-cold water :inlove: Anyone who had suffered the heat today would know that was the BEST gift anyone could give.

Other than that - watched Janko and Viktor practice - that was fun - thanks mainly to the lovely Dusan Vemic, who entertained us with his own version of "We Are the Champions" - and , no, - he can't sing either :tape: Met a strange Serbian guy at their practice who asked me out for dinner - why does this always happen to me :shrug: But I said no because I am such an :angel:

Anyway that is all for now - bye for now from Paris :kiss:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Greetings from Paris :wavey: Wasn't sure which tread to post this in - here or tourname,t thread - but anyway - this will do.

First - welcome back herdwick :hug: Glad you had fun.

Second - OMG is it f***ing hot in Paris.............. about 28C but feeling about 40 C in the infernal crowds. In the end I had to leave and come back to have a shower and a drinlk - will probably go back in half an hour though; Ellen is still there supporting her Ernie - she is lovely btw - was great to finally ,eet her. We met at Ernie's practice this morning.

Nole was kind enough to practice on a nice practice court with seats :inlove: Sadly he was unkind enough to practice with Gael Monfils; so the court was overrun with screeching Frenchies (no offernce to any French people here of course and it got very hot and crowded. Nole seemed quite uncomfortable the heat :awww: So I'm kind of glad he's playing Tuesday because the really hot weather is set to break tomrrow night,so Tuesday will be mch cooler - though perhaps some :rain: too. I noticed his breathing was qite laboured at tims in the heat :sad: and he needed ice on the back of his neck all the time:awww: He wore white, but still with the blue shoes

Practice was in a good spirit. One silly (English :o ) guy kept on shouting out "Co,mon Novak o your imersonations" :rolleyes: bu he didn't. Funniest bit was when they practiced serve and Gael seemed to want to use Miljan :inlove: as his target :tape:

Miljan of course, - still gorgeous in every way :drool: Even Ellen has decided he is cute now........... especially after seeing his tummy :devil: I love hi, even ,ore than before if that is possible - mainly because I saw him after practice; he came over to say "hello" and gave ,e a bottle of ice-cold water :inlove: Anyone who had suffered the heat today would know that was the BEST gift anyone could give.

othet than that - watched Janko and Viktor practoce - that was fun - thanks mainly to the lovely Dusan Ve,ic; who entertained us with his own version of "We Are the Champions" - and , no, - he can't sing either :tape: Met a strange Serbian guy at their practice who asked ,e out for finner - why does this always happen to me :shrug: But I said no because I am such an :angel:

Anyway that is all for now - bye for now from Paris ;kss:

You mean meet her:rolls: must be the frensh keyboard or ellen will feel very uneasy:scared:

Thanks Rose for the update:bounce:hope he will play on tuesday afternoon

*Ljubica*
05-24-2009, 05:13 PM
You mean meet her:rolls: must be the frensh keyboard or ellen will feel very uneasy:scared:

Thanks Rose for the update:bounce:hope he will play on tuesday afternoon

:lol: Yes - f***ing stupid French keyboard. i did go back and try and rectify typos though :o Bye for now :angel: And don't worry - Ellen does not look like Miljan - therefore she is safe :)

Noleta
05-24-2009, 05:15 PM
:lol: Yes - f***ing stupid French keyboard. i did go back and try and rectify typos though :o Bye for now :angel: And don't worry - Ellen does not look like Miljan - therefore she is safe :)

Was that some kind of compliment:p

arm
05-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Rosie strikes in Paris, as always. :rolls:

Nice to read you report, Rosie. Kepp on cheering for Nole for us. And give him our love. :bounce:

:hug::hug:

Lee
05-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the report, Rosie!!

pica_pica
05-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice post, Rose!!! I'm so jealous of you two there :devil:
Don't know when I will have the chance to watch a Grand Slam live in my life!

Amber Spyglass
05-24-2009, 05:25 PM
:hug:You're not alone

Noleta
05-24-2009, 05:33 PM

Same here:sad:

Lee
05-24-2009, 05:36 PM

Same here:sad:

+4

Noleta
05-24-2009, 06:00 PM
+4

But you've been toa live tournament no?

Lee
05-24-2009, 06:07 PM
But you've been toa live tournament no?

Yes but not Slam. Probably has to wait until my son finish Uni :lol:

Noleta
05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Yes but not Slam. Probably has to wait until my son finish Uni :lol:

How long:p

Lee
05-24-2009, 06:12 PM
How long:p

He just finished 7th grade :sobbing:

kalisita
05-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the Paris report Rosie! :hug:

kalisita, the Pens are on fire.

I know! :dance::yippee::dance:

+5 :sad:

Simon is going 5. :sad::sad:

Lee
05-24-2009, 06:15 PM
+5 :sad:

You're not that far from USO :awww:

kalisita
05-24-2009, 06:51 PM
You're not that far from USO :awww:

That's true so I should be hopeful. It's only about 8 hrs away. The expense makes it seem further right now but hopefully not one day. :)

arm
05-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Well, I live quite close from 2 GSs - 2 hour flight - and I am not sure when I'll have the chance to go to one. RG is always in a time of the year impossible for me: just before exams. And wimby will normally during those exact sae exams. :awww: Sucks that I have 5 more years of medical school. :(

ellen_
05-24-2009, 11:11 PM
:wavey: I think Rose said about everything of today :lol:. It was f*cking hot and we had to survive until the end because Ernie played the last match. We even sat through a whole womens match :explode: *pulls hair out* But HE WON! :bounce:

So yes, the meeting with Rose was lovely :hug: We even had Stepanek with us! :rolls:

Pics of Nole are somewhere in there http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwOpen/FotosRolandGarros#5339506830930701794

ellewoods
05-25-2009, 08:45 AM
aww thanks for the lovely reports Rose and Ellen. Hope you continue having heaps of fun and therefore have interesting stories to share with us ;)

Masha91
05-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the wonderful reports guys, hope you continue to have a great time!

Noleta
05-25-2009, 01:56 PM
:wavey: I think Rose said about everything of today :lol:. It was f*cking hot and we had to survive until the end because Ernie played the last match. We even sat through a whole womens match :explode: *pulls hair out* But HE WON! :bounce:

So yes, the meeting with Rose was lovely :hug: We even had Stepanek with us! :rolls:

Pics of Nole are somewhere in there http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwOpen/FotosRolandGarros#5339506830930701794

What do you mean with su:devil: you staying there the whole 2 weeks?

*Raine
05-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Is Nole playing today? I really need to watch him right now, he's one of those people who can make my day, just by watching him on tv.

At least he can take away 50% of the pain and sadness I am feeling right now. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

Rose and Ellen have fun there in Paris, I really don't have time to read your reports.

kalisita: I'm really glad our Penguins are doing well.

*Ljubica*
05-25-2009, 05:56 PM
:fiery: Can't believe I just typed a whole long report - and MTF ate it all :spit: So probably can't have time to write the whole thing again - so suffice to say Paris is still hot, Janko just won (after an interminable 4 hour marathon against Albert :yawn: Montanes, my poor back is burnt red raw because the court for Janko's match had no shade and was too crowded to move anyway, - and I am still :inlove: with Miljan :hearts:

Nole did not practice on site today - so haven't seen him, though Miljan was around and came to watch a bit of Janko with me - he sat next to me :inlove: I guess Nole may decide to practice very late and mess up the Practice Schedule :spit: but I needed to get out of the heat and crowds anyway. Janko said thanks to me at the end of his match - probably because I was sat directly behind his chair for 4 hours and he knew I was cheering for him :)

Watched Ilija Bozoljac on a court full of Germans cheering for Kiefer - that was fun :rolleyes: Saw Janko and Berdych practice too.

Now I have to go and buy some soothing cream for my poor back - even the Factor 25 could not save my poor English skin from the evil French sunshine :awww: It will hurt in the shower tonight I just know it :sad:

Bye for now from Paris :kiss:

Noleta
05-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Is Nole playing today? I really need to watch him right now, he's one of those people who can make my day, just by watching him on tv.

At least he can take away 50% of the pain and sadness I am feeling right now. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

Rose and Ellen have fun there in Paris, I really don't have time to read your reports.

:awww: Raine:hug::hug::kiss:

Noleta
05-25-2009, 06:38 PM
:fiery: Can't believe I just typed a whole long report - and MTF ate it all :spit: So probably can't have time to write the whole thing again - so suffice to say Paris is still hot, Janko just won (after an interminable 4 hour marathon against Albert :yawn: Montanes, my poor back is burnt red raw because the court for Janko's match had no shade and was too crowded to move anyway, - and I am still :inlove: with Miljan :hearts:

Nole did not practice on site today - so haven't seen him, though Miljan was around and came to watch a bit of Janko with me - he sat next to me :inlove: I guess Nole may decide to practice very late and mess up the Practice Schedule :spit: but I needed to get out of the heat and crowds anyway. Janko said thanks to me at the end of his match - probably because I was sat directly behind his chair for 4 hours and he knew I was cheering for him :)

Watched Ilija Bozoljac on a court full of Germans cheering for Kiefer - that was fun :rolleyes: Saw Janko and Berdych practice too.

Now I have to go and buy some soothing cream for my poor back - even the Factor 25 could not save my poor English skin from the evil French sunshine :awww: It will hurt in the shower tonight I just know it :sad:

Rose:awww:Janko should give you a message and not only thank you:angel:at least Miljan sat next to you did you behave:angel:perhaps Novak done only training in the gym:shrug:

pica_pica
05-25-2009, 06:41 PM

:hug: Novak will be on court tmr :)

arm
05-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Gilrs, I have A LOT to study. So :wavey::hug:

If JJ wins her match in one hour and half I might be able to watch Nole. :bounce: Have a class at 2 pm. :awww:

Rosie and ellen, I'll read your posts tomorrow. Kepp on having fun. :hug: Miss you both :kiss:

everyone :hug:

Lee
05-25-2009, 10:00 PM

:hug: :hug: Raine

Lee
05-25-2009, 10:01 PM

Ouch for your back. Here, we use SPF 45 or higher. Also, make sure the sunblock/screen is for both UVA and UVB. And I had to re-apply them every 90-120 minutes when I was in Indian Wells. :tape:

ellen_
05-25-2009, 10:16 PM
What do you mean with su:devil: you staying there the whole 2 weeks?

With us? :spit: It was like Radek HAD to be there when I met Rose :rolls: Ernie practiced with him, and I had to run to his court because the f*cking queue slowed me down. So Rose came over there to meet me.

No I'm not staying for the whole 2 weeks, I'm coming to Belgium tomorrow :bigcry: And we don't have tickets for the tournament tomorrow, but thank god Ernie isn't playing. My friend wants to visit some things in Paris or go shopping, but I'd prefer to just stay at the apartment and watch Nole :cool: If there will be played... They foresee rain and stormy weather for tomorrow.

Enjoyed my last day at RG btw. Watched the whole Kuni-Gabashvili match (more than 3 hours) in the burning sun. Only used sunscreen once and didn't burn, Rosie :ras: I got a nice tan! I can compete with people like Gonzalez now :banana: Wow, he's amazingly tanned!

Saw Misha (:hearts:)-Muller too. We actually saw a lot of tennis today :rolls: Awesome.

Pics http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwOpen/FotosRolandGarros2# I got a very nice picture of Nenad in there somewhere btw.

Rose, we didn't say goodbye :awww: :wavey:

Lee
05-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the pics ellen! :hug:

ellewoods
05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Raine :hug::hug: Hope everything'll be okay.

Rose and Ellen, thanks again for the reports! :)

*Ljubica*
05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
With us? :spit: It was like Radek HAD to be there when I met Rose :rolls: Ernie practiced with him, and I had to run to his court because the f*cking queue slowed me down. So Rose came over there to meet me.

No I'm not staying for the whole 2 weeks, I'm coming to Belgium tomorrow :bigcry: And we don't have tickets for the tournament tomorrow, but thank god Ernie isn't playing. My friend wants to visit some things in Paris or go shopping, but I'd prefer to just stay at the apartment and watch Nole :cool: If there will be played... They foresee rain and stormy weather for tomorrow.

Enjoyed my last day at RG btw. Watched the whole Kuni-Gabashvili match (more than 3 hours) in the burning sun. Only used sunscreen once and didn't burn, Rosie :ras: I got a nice tan! I can compete with people like Gonzalez now :banana: Wow, he's amazingly tanned!

Saw Misha (:hearts:)-Muller too. We actually saw a lot of tennis today :rolls: Awesome.

Pics http://picasaweb.google.com/bmwOpen/FotosRolandGarros2# I got a very nice picture of Nenad in there somewhere btw.

Ellen darling :awww: Sorry - didn't realise you were leaving so soon. Safe joiurney back and was a pleasure meeting yoiu. Look after radek for me :p

OK back to the courts. Talk to you all later :kiss:

Noleta
05-26-2009, 04:00 PM

:awww:shame your RG adventure came to an end:hug: thanks for the photo's and reports:)

*Ljubica*
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes indeed - and mine comes to an end tomorrow :sad: Back to work and reality - but it's been great while it lasted

Lee
05-26-2009, 04:50 PM
So you will have the chance to watch Janko tomorrow?

*Ljubica*
05-26-2009, 05:00 PM
So you will have the chance to watch Janko tomorrow?

If he plays before 4.00pm then yes, though might have to leave before the end - haven't seen the OOP yet, - but I hope so.

Noleta
05-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes indeed - and mine comes to an end tomorrow :sad: Back to work and reality - but it's been great while it lasted

Days fly by when you're having fun:sad:hope you get to see Janko:hug:what's the avergage and highest ticket prices there Rose?

*Raine
05-26-2009, 05:28 PM
:mad: :p Rose

I am so jealous right now. Miljan sat next to you? :armed: :sobbing: I told you to behave.

:kiss::rolls:

Herdwick
05-26-2009, 08:21 PM
No one around? :sad:

Fun had in Paris it seems :D :bounce:

Herdwick
05-26-2009, 08:34 PM
MTF in silly mood - grrrr. But it's BGT :woohoo:

Discord guaranteed chez Herdwick though....JP retains pretensions to a cultured existence and has his fingers in his ears.

arm
05-26-2009, 09:13 PM
BGT :haha:

Have fun :kiss:

Really have to leave you. :hug:

Lee
05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
If he plays before 4.00pm then yes, though might have to leave before the end - haven't seen the OOP yet, - but I hope so.

The organisers know Rose is leaving tomorrow so they put Janko first up at 11am. :lol:

ellen_
05-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Back home :sobbing: And the roof of our veranda is totally ruined by the hail storm last night. Great.

Lee
05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
:awww: ellen. :hug:

arm
05-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Back home :sobbing: And the roof of our veranda is totally ruined by the hail storm last night. Great.

:hug: So sorry. :awww:

I hope you had a great time - and I am sure you did. :D

arm
05-27-2009, 12:20 AM
The organisers know Rose is leaving tomorrow so they put Janko first up at 11am. :lol:

That wouldnt surprise me! With so many connections in the ATP circuit that she has! :rolls: :shrug:

*Raine
05-27-2009, 03:56 AM
:bigclap::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Penguins won the Eastern Conference final. Bring it on Red Wings or Chicago!!!!!!!!!

Haha my teams are doing great this year. It's Manchester United's turn tomorrow.

Lee
05-27-2009, 04:09 AM
I think it's ironic that kalisita was cleaning today and so are the Pens. :lol:

Let's get the brooms out!!! :rocker2:

*Raine
05-27-2009, 04:21 AM
I think it's ironic that kalisita was cleaning today and so are the Pens. :lol:

Let's get the brooms out!!! :rocker2:

Haha thanks to kalisita.. the Penguins followed her. :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Noleta
05-27-2009, 03:16 PM

So sorry to hear that:hug: the hailstones were as big as a tennis ball:eek:never seen anything like it,thunder lightning:bolt:i really was scared that night:eek:

*Raine
05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Pumped up for the final of Barca and Manchester United today. Go Man United!!

Penguins :worship: :worship:

ellen_
05-27-2009, 03:54 PM
So sorry to hear that:hug: the hailstones were as big as a tennis ball:eek:never seen anything like it,thunder lightning:bolt:i really was scared that night:eek:

We had some lightening, thunder and rain in Paris too but it must've been awful here in Belgium. The cars of 4 of my friends are ruined too. And I've seen pictures from the lightening here, oh my. I had loved to be here though, I'm very interested in that kind of stuff. Shame.

This is not photoshopped, for the record. And it was 3am.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4563/190/112/1348992591/n1348992591_416684_8092744.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4563/190/112/1348992591/n1348992591_416678_8132867.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4563/190/112/1348992591/n1348992591_416677_3092638.jpg

Beautiful.

*Ljubica*
05-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Would that I had such power with the French Tennis Federation :rolleyes: At least he won though, and I managed to see all the match before rushing here to the Station where I am now at Gare du Nord waiting for check-in. Wish I could stay longer - but c'est la vie as the French say :shrug:

We had some lightening, thunder and rain in Paris too but it must've been awful here in Belgium. The cars of 4 of my friends are ruined too. And I've seen pictures from the lightening here, oh my. I had loved to be here though, I'm very interested in that kind of stuff. Shame.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4563/190/112/1348992591/n1348992591_416684_8092744.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4563/190/112/1348992591/n1348992591_416678_8132867.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4563/190/112/1348992591/n1348992591_416677_3092638.jpg

Beautiful.

Ellen :hug: Sorry for your verandah. And those pics are extremely good, but knowing my phobia of thunder I could never call them beautiful -they :unsure: me. :awww:

Noleta
05-27-2009, 04:10 PM

Beautiful.

Yes it was 3am:scared:and the sound of the wind i thought our roof was going to fly off:eek: i do find them facinating but scary at the same time

*Raine
05-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry for the damage in your house too Ellen. :sad:

Ellen :hug: Sorry for your verandah. And those pics are extremely good, but knowing my phobia of thunder I could never call them beautiful -they :unsure: me. :awww:

Me too and I hate how I have to turn off the computer every time because it might damage the LAN card. :tape::tape::tape:

*Ljubica*
05-28-2009, 08:48 AM
:wavey: I am at work – and that sucks :sad: Would rather be in Paris watching Nole practice :awww: And I am missing Miljan already :bigcry:

Morning btw :D Best get back to work.

arm
05-28-2009, 11:23 AM
:wavey: I am at work – and that sucks :sad: Would rather be in Paris watching Nole practice :awww: And I am missing Miljan already :bigcry:

Morning btw :D Best get back to work.

Rosie is back. :bounce: :hug:

*Ljubica*
05-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Rosie is back. :bounce: :hug:

Indeed :D Though I would much rather still be in Paris :awww:

ellen_
05-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Welcome back, Rose :wavey: I'm missing Paris too. But had my exam today so I can relax now and watch tennis for days again :p

*Ljubica*
05-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Welcome back, Rose :wavey: I'm missing Paris too. But had my exam today so I can relax now and watch tennis for days again :p

Hi Ellen :hug: How did the exam go?

ellen_
05-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Ellen :hug: How did the exam go?

I really think it was great :cool: My short term memory can be quite amazing sometimes :rolls: Because I'm sure I won't remember anything anymore next week.

*Ljubica*
05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I really think it was great :cool: My short term memory can be quite amazing sometimes :rolls: Because I'm sure I won't remember anything anymore next week.

:yeah: :lol: Sounds good to me :D Also very familiar! I also used to do a lot of reading the night before exams, remember enough to pass them - and then forget it all in about a week :lol:

Lee
05-28-2009, 06:19 PM

:yeah:

Noleta
05-28-2009, 06:28 PM

Know the feeling:lol:what are you studying for if i may ask:)

Noleta
05-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Service Unavailable - Zero size object
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #15.96d87a5c.1243531571.4b8fef5c
:smash:

ellen_
05-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Know the feeling:lol:what are you studying for if i may ask:)

Pedagogy. Still don't know if that's the right term to describe it in English though, could call it Educator too. Ik word dus geen leerkracht maar kinderbegeleidster in een opvang.

Noleta
05-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Pedagogy. Still don't know if that's the right term to describe it in English though, could call it Educator too. Ik word dus geen leerkracht maar kinderbegeleidster in een opvang.

That's good:Dyou got to have a lot of patience for that kind of job:)

ellen_
05-28-2009, 06:46 PM
That's good:Dyou got to have a lot of patience for that kind of job:)

Or I can just scare my kids :shrug: I happen to be good in telling people off and give them angry looks :rolls:

Andy won! :bounce: :banana: :dance:

Noleta
05-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Or I can just scare my kids :shrug: I happen to be good in telling people off and give them angry looks :rolls:

Andy won! :bounce: :banana: :dance:

You will be a good teacher then:lol:

*Raine
05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I miss cramming. :o

ellewoods
05-29-2009, 05:15 AM
I will be doing much cramming in the month to come. My finals are coming up but luckily they finish before Wimby gets completely underway. And it's not like I'm sacrificing my tennis watching much now anyway :lol: It's good that the matches air at night here cos I can do a solid day of study and then enjoy the matches at night without feeling too guilty.

Anyhoo, on that note I better get back to it :p

ellen_
05-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Anyone likes Donna Summer? :dance: She's coming to the festival in my city! :worship:

dJF_mQIIi-s

I'm so thrilled about the list already btw, this will be the best edition in years.

And I just need to say that I hope Verdasco will wipe the court with Almagro today :fiery: :armed: Fernando, I want at least one bagel.

Herdwick
05-29-2009, 09:35 AM
:wavey: All this studying - reminds me there are compensations to being slightly older.:D

Donna Summer - good grief is she still going? I remember her from when I was a child!

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
:wavey: All this studying - reminds me there are compensations to being slightly older.:D

Donna Summer - good grief is she still going? I remember her from when I was a child!

:D So time for me to dig out one of my 1970's "disco" CDs (given away free with the newspaper not so long ago!), and sing "I feel Love" as I do the dusting :D

Herdwick
05-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Donna Summer is now 61! (according to Wiki was born 1948!)

Suddenly I feel young and fresh :rolls:

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Donna Summer is now 61! (according to Wiki was born 1948!)

Suddenly I feel young and fresh :rolls:

61 :eek: Bet she still looks good though :) Remember seeing Suzi Quatro on stage at a Festival in Denmark about 15 years ago - she was then in her late 40's/early 50's and still looked amazing :worship:

ellen_
05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
61 :eek: But I'm sure she still is one swinging lady :dance:

*Raine
05-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I liked Donna Summer. :D

Hot Stuff reminds me of this: :dance::banana::inlove:
u7MIWJ0slE8

ellen_
05-29-2009, 12:24 PM
:worship: Always reminds me of it too. Damn those black shorts.

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I liked Donna Summer. :D

Hot Stuff reminds me of this: :dance::banana::inlove:
u7MIWJ0slE8

:rolls: Thanks for that Raine - had almost forgotten that classic!

arm
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
This is going to end up as a GREAT tennis day. :D :bounce: Mark my words.

Too bad I lost Nole's set. :awww:

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 03:13 PM
This is going to end up as a GREAT tennis day. :D :bounce: Mark my words.

Too bad I lost Nole's set. :awww:

Venus going out has certainly helped it in my opinion :D

arm
05-29-2009, 03:30 PM
more to come ;)

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 03:32 PM
more to come ;)

Lleyton and Janko please oh wise Fortuna :D

arm
05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Lleyton and Janko please oh wise Fortuna :D

Sorry, but Rafa cannot lose before Murray. It's too much of a risk. :scared:

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Sorry, but Rafa cannot lose before Murray. It's too much of a risk. :scared:

:sad: As far as I can see it's just not going to lose at all here at RG :shrug: Not to anyone :sad: Lleyton :tears::sobbing:

arm
05-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, it sure is what's more likely to happen. :shrug: Yet, he was also more likely to win Madrid and he didn't. Other examples could be given. ;)

*Raine
05-29-2009, 04:15 PM
:worship: Always reminds me of it too. Damn those black shorts.

The black shorts were in the way. :rolls:

:rolls: Thanks for that Raine - had almost forgotten that classic!

Almost makes me :rolls:everytime. :worship:

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Well, it sure is what's more likely to happen. :shrug: Yet, he was also more likely to win Madrid and he didn't. Other examples could be given. ;)

I live in perpetual hope here in this land of Perpetual Indulgence :D

Herdwick
05-29-2009, 04:45 PM
I live in perpetual hope here in this land of Perpetual Indulgence :D

:rolls: Nice one - slight revision of the thread title perhaps in recognition?

arm
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
:rolls: Nice one - slight revision of the thread title perhaps in recognition?

Rose! You cannot forget my request!!

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Rose! You cannot forget my request!!

:lol: I haven't forgotten, but will revise as Herdwick suggested for now! You're next :p

Herdwick
05-29-2009, 05:00 PM
:eek:Have I jumped the queue and stolen Raquel's rights?

*Ljubica*
05-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Have I jumped the queue and stolen Raquel's rights?

No - she's next! And I will need help from you for her title anyway :D She wants the word "sybarite" in it :tape: :rolls:

arm
05-29-2009, 05:20 PM
:eek:Have I jumped the queue and stolen Raquel's rights?

:rolls: I just want one word. :p

arm
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
No - she's next! And I will need help from you for her title anyway :D She wants the word "sybarite" in it :tape: :rolls:

:bigcry: You did change the title and my word is not in it. :awww:

Herdwick
05-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh dear. How about restoring equilibrium with 'Living in Perpetual Hope in the Land of Sybaritic Indulgence'

Or is that tautological?