FlameOn
02-15-2011, 06:38 AM
Vamos for Memphis Fer! :bounce:

randajad86
02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Fer was absolutely right.

Carlita
02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm a Fer fan, but I still critcize him when I feel he isn't playing his best, or doing some weird mistakes. And the total mental breakdown at the end didn't help either, mumbling to himself in Spanish.. he just seemed like a sore loser. And I don't want Nando to be portrayed that way :( I agree with piratesswoop saying that he is the older and more experienced one, so he should know better..He IS a sore loser :lol: Always has been and always will be.....so that is not going to change :o In the 7-8 years Ive been following him it's always been like this :shrug: Part of who he is :lol:

:yeah: good luck in Memphis Fer!!! Get some revenge on Raonic! :p

ariel2
02-15-2011, 05:47 PM
ITA with Pirateswoop and Sokk about having a go at a player who is not performing up to his or anyone else's standards. Fernando needs a swift kick in the arse every now and again and my notion of a fan is one who can offer criticism as well as praise and support. I've seen this in a number of player fan sites where posters are driven off a board by other members who feel hurt that their favorite player is being disparaged. Following an inconsistent yet talented player involves a rollercoaster of emotions and it's a tough job for the fans. :D Get it out and move on is what I say.

I think Fernando will get it together in Memphis this time around. It'll be an interesting match from the mental standpoint. This will be one of the most important first rounds of his career and I just can't see him letting Milos off the hook again. And Milos should be tired coming off his first ATP win. I like Milos but Nando's the veteran so I hope he can pull this off.

Pirata.
02-17-2011, 02:49 AM
:sobbing:

Memphis sucks, why can't they stream the matches :mad:

FlameOn
02-17-2011, 02:50 AM
4-6, 6-3, 6-7(5) to Raonic this time. There's not much you can add to what was already said about the last match. Nando did not waste any set points or match points this time, but this was still very winnable.

At 2-2 Raonic serving he had 0-30, then lost the next 4 points in a row and Raonic took the game. Then of course, at 5-5 in the TB he had a point on serve to bring up match point, but of course he lost that point, probably with an error of some kind (but there was no stream so who knows?) and then Raonic took the match.

A top 10 player being dominated by youngster two events in a row is not very good. I wish Nando wouldn't continue to ignore the fact he needs help mentally. On talent alone he's already reached his ceiling. He needs something else if he's as serious about his tennis career as he claims to be.

Pirata.
02-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Aaron, your new sig :lol: :hug:

FlameOn
02-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Aaron, your new sig :lol: :hug:
I'm glad you still have my quote in yours. :p Keep it always. :hug::lol:

FormerRafaFan
02-17-2011, 06:20 AM
I don't even know what to say.. Milos brought out the worst in our Nando today. He was AGAIN mentally weak in the tiebreak (no surprise there), and he just came across as a sore loser after being VERY disrespectful after the match. I was embarrassed and ashamed of what Nando said.. Why the need to say he's all serve? And if he is all serve, then wouldn't it be easy for you to win over him? But then again, you didn't win, so maybe he's not all serve after all? just lame excuses :(

Nando shoulød stop making excuses and focus more on his own game. Funny now that he says he's all "serve" btw, when he complained in the San Jose final that it was impossible, because he hit everything from the baseline. So hmm, which is it Nando? Is he good from the baseline as well? or does he only have a good serve? I can't believe what's coming out of Nando's mouth.. complete and utter :bs: for the most part. I understand it's tough to lose to the same guy twice, but fuck.. why not show yourself from the better side and rise above it? What Nando said was uncalled for and very disrespectful. I did not like it at all.

Pirata.
02-17-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm glad you still have my quote in yours. :p Keep it always. :hug::lol:

I'm going to keep it for as long as I am on MTF, it was the first thing to make me laugh after that loss :awww: along with Xristos saying he would be there to cheer Fer to victory and Carlita telling him it was a bit late for that as he'd clearly just lost :lol:

FlameOn
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Oh well, onto Acapulco. Clay could just be the change Nando needs at this point.

FormerRafaFan
02-18-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm ready to move on from Memphis. He said what he said, it's over. He's still my second favorite player after Rafa, and I wish him good luck in Acapulco. And this is clay, so hopefully he'll do better here, according to himself.. lol.

Vamos Nando:yeah:

Ales_Alessandra
02-20-2011, 11:31 AM
WOW, How did I keep myself away for that long?!! I truly missed the MTF drama! :p
Right, I couldn't watch that much tennis lately and even less Fer playing. The only bites I wacthed were unfortunately those from the bad losses. My life was pretty much hard too, so I have to say that watching him losing like that didn't help much and I got even more frustrated than him! I think when we are "fans" we projet things for "idols" that would most of all make us happy. But the truth is that they are just like us, good and bad days, good and bad mood, good and bad behaviour, the main difference is that instead of our mom, dad or even sister/brother to judge us and tell us what is right or wrong, they have more than this, they are daily on the spot, carefully watched and judged for strangers, tough.
Than, thing is, tennis is meant to be fun, it's a game to entertain us, fans. It should be only abt fun for the players too. But, fortunately or unfortunately, it became professional and that makes less fun for us and for the player sometimes. I'm a fan of Fer, for worse and better, I don't care much abt losing or winining, only one wins in the end, but the only thing that bothers me it's when I, outsider, watching him playing, have a feeling that its way too painful for him being there. That is not nice, than it's beyound frustration for him and us. We all know Fer was never Rafa, people still compare both, which is stupid, they are way different, but I have to say that he needs to find the essence of the game, feel less miserable and a bit selfish, don't really give a damn abt others and do what is best for him on court, at the end it's only him out there.
So we move on now, I have had my bitter day and now I'm back for full supporting. VAMOSSSSSSSSSS FERNANDOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Acapulco waits to see u what u are up for!

Pirata.
02-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Bellucci first round :)

He should probably make semis, he has an easy draw. Ferrer in the top half as the #1 seed, and also Monaco and Fognini and Raonic :lol: He can be troubled by Almagro but he's beaten him before, so I think he should make at least semis.

FlameOn
02-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Bellucci first round :)

He should probably make semis, he has an easy draw. Ferrer in the top half as the #1 seed, and also Monaco and Fognini and Raonic :lol: He can be troubled by Almagro but he's beaten him before, so I think he should make at least semis.

:lol:

Pirata.
02-23-2011, 05:09 AM

:o

Wimbledon all over again :lol: Easy draw and he loses first round to a guy he's got a 2-0 record against :help:

FormerRafaFan
02-23-2011, 07:00 AM
I just knew that clay comment would come back to bite him in the ass :( He shouldn't have been so cocky against Milos, only brings him bad luck!

Carlita
02-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Bad thing he lost...but also good so he can get the hell out of there :unsure:

Pirata.
02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I hope he might've gone home to relax before Davis Cup, I know the hotel is really nice, but it's not worth it with how dangerous it is there :scared:

Carlita
02-24-2011, 01:51 PM
he can always go to Miami to relax if that's what he wants..... :shrug:

the world's gone mad atm.....big mess all around :awww:

FlameOn
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Please don't lose first round of IW and Miami. :rolleyes:

FlameOn
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Ok, Fer has Berankis or a Qualifier in R2. I don't know much about Berankis except Fer won their only meeting in 2 sets in San Jose '10...how would you guys analyze this matchup? :p

Chris.
03-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Ok, Fer has Berankis or a Qualifier in R2. I don't know much about Berankis except Fer won their only meeting in 2 sets in San Jose '10...how would you guys analyze this matchup? :p

Berankis is a very tough match up first up. He is a good up and comer i think he won the US Open juniors a few years back. He has a good serve and is more of a grinder then someone who would go for the big shots. Good luck Verdasco.:)

FormerRafaFan
03-09-2011, 06:44 AM

Berankis is a good player and someone I wouldn't be surprised to see Nando lose to. I hope I'm wrong though..

FlameOn
03-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Berankis is a good player and someone I wouldn't be surprised to see Nando lose to. I hope I'm wrong though..
Well you wouldn't be surprised if he lost to a #300 in the world. :p

I_Dasco
03-09-2011, 01:11 PM
He face Janko or Sam R3.. Don't give heart attack to us with Janko match anymore Fer.. We have enough heart attack.

Pirata.
03-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Being his fan takes years off of your life :lol:

Carlita
03-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Being his fan takes years off of your life :lol::o oh yes....you have to be a tough cookie to become (and stay) a Fer fan :o

but he's worth it :lol:

FlameOn
03-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Berankis is injured apparently...not that he wouldn't be able to beat him healthily, but basically if Fer loses this match he's loco. :lol:

Carlita
03-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Berankis is injured apparently...not that he wouldn't be able to beat him healthily, but basically if Fer loses this match he's loco. :lol:sometimes it's worse playing an opponent who's injured ;)

Do you recall Fer-Rafa in Queens? Fer could barely walk...he even fell and couldnt get up... yet he dragged Rafa to a tie break when Rafa should have just finished him off!!!

FlameOn
03-11-2011, 09:13 AM
sometimes it's worse playing an opponent who's injured ;)

Do you recall Fer-Rafa in Queens? Fer could barely walk...he even fell and couldnt get up... yet he dragged Rafa to a tie break when Rafa should have just finished him off!!!
I was not a tennis fan at that stage. ;)

Anyway I'm in a good mood with Fer again after his good showing at DC. I'm positive about his chances at IW. ;)

FormerRafaFan
03-11-2011, 10:24 AM
I was not a tennis fan at that stage. ;)

Anyway I'm in a good mood with Fer again after his good showing at DC. I'm positive about his chances at IW. ;)

Me too! and that is rare.. lol.

I saw how solid he played in Belgium. He was focused, confident, nice serving, impressive forehand, some UE's but not a lot. Overall, just a very solid match from our Nando. It was nice to see him play that well, with so much confidence again, after the long slump he's been in.. I just hope he can take that with him when he play Berankis. It will not be an easy match for sure, but he should win. Nando is better on the paper, plus I heard Berankis has a small back injury.

Joey ZaZa
03-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Anyone know how Verdasco got on against Djokovic in the exhibition match at the K-Swiss Desert Smash at the La Quinta resort on March 8th?

FormerRafaFan
03-11-2011, 09:32 PM
How come Nando is playing doubles with some random guy instead of Feli? They haven't played with each other in forever outside of the Davis Cup! I wonder if they had a falling out:(

I_Dasco
03-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Feli has played with everyone they just want new fresh air or something :))

FlameOn
03-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Apparently Fer's been distant with the Spanish players and only been hanging out with his team. :confused: It would explain why Feli and he have split up from doubles in ATP events...what gives? :confused:

Carlita
03-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Marrero's hardly "some random guy" :lol: he's no.34 in doubles so...Fer might learn something here (being the no.178 :o)! And he's played with him before, so I'd say: VAMOS CHICOS!!!!:bounce:

FlameOn
03-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Marrero's hardly "some random guy" :lol: he's no.34 in doubles so...Fer might learn something here (being the no.178 :o)! And he's played with him before, so I'd say: VAMOS CHICOS!!!!:bounce:
Fer partnering him makes sense, but Feli with Raonic? I can't imagine Nando being too happy about that. :aplot:

I_Dasco
03-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Fer partnering him makes sense, but Feli with Raonic? I can't imagine Nando being too happy about that. :aplot:

Dont worry my friend. they face bryan bros so this couple wont live long :devil:

Pirata.
03-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Dont worry my friend. they face bryan bros so this couple wont live long :devil:

FlameOn
03-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Fer def. Berankis 7-5 2-0 ret.

Apparently he was down 2-5 though. :o

I_Dasco
03-13-2011, 05:24 AM
He was so hot atleast he shaved lol look better than last year . So next round face Sam Q , will be on stadium 1 i think

FormerRafaFan
03-13-2011, 07:43 AM
To get an idea of how "well" Fer played yesterday.. this is from the first set only:

He had 6 winners and 15 unforced errors.. 0/2 net points won:o:help:

I would have uploaded the stats, but the file is apparently too big for this forum, so..:rolleyes:

Jenrios
03-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Watched the match on Sky - and not very impressed with what I saw. Fer should never gone 5/2 down! careless errors. But a win is a win.

Pirata.
03-14-2011, 09:25 AM
I would have uploaded the stats, but the file is apparently too big for this forum, so..:rolleyes:

You can upload files to an outside site like imgur or tinypic next time :)

Fer and David Marrero lost their doubles match to Erlich & Ram after being up 7-6(2), 4-1 :o

Please play doubles with Feli in Miami now, no more "fighting" :lol:

Carlita
03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I like the fact he plays with other people. And there's no :o in losing to Erlich & Ram , but this was not the way to do it :o :lol:

FlameOn
03-15-2011, 12:52 AM
You can upload files to an outside site like imgur or tinypic next time :)

Fer and David Marrero lost their doubles match to Erlich & Ram after being up 7-6(2), 4-1 :o

Please play doubles with Feli in Miami now, no more "fighting" :lol:
Typical. A headcase in doubles too. :p

Pirata.
03-15-2011, 06:11 AM

FormerRafaFan
03-15-2011, 06:23 AM
and his slump continues. Losing to Querrey is definitely a new low.

Carlita
03-15-2011, 06:31 AM
5-7 4-6 :awww: sigh...oh well...bring on Miami and then asap to the European clay please :)

FlameOn
03-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Expected.

FormerRafaFan
03-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Continue like this Nando, and it won't be long until you're out of the Top 10. Good luck with continuing to not care:yeah:

Carlita
03-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Who says he doesnt care??? :confused::confused::confused: How on earth can you know that?

I know for a fact he works pretty damned hard. When he loses he's a sore loser...so that shows he DOES care...

also, he might have a different idea about his career/life than (some of) his fans do... :shrug: But please dont say he doesnt care..... :o

FormerRafaFan
03-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Who says he doesnt care??? :confused::confused::confused: How on earth can you know that?

I know for a fact he works pretty damned hard. When he loses he's a sore loser...so that shows he DOES care...

also, he might have a different idea about his career/life than (some of) his fans do... :shrug: But please dont say he doesnt care..... :o

I'm sorry, but I watched the match against Berankis and he just seemed so out of it, like bored playing.. like he just didn't care one way or the other, whether he won or lost. Maybe it's because he's in a slump right now and maybe that has gone to his head, I don't know.. Of course I don't really know this for sure, I'm not Fer, I don't know how he feels. I'm just saying that out of what I have seen lately.. it just looks like some of the motivation is gone. He just seems yeah to not care, or at least not as much as he used to. And the confidence went out the window a long time ago too.

Carlita
03-15-2011, 11:38 AM
I saw that match as well...... :shrug:

he's only human right?

Eruwen
03-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Wow... I'm sorry guys, but you really put the word "fan" into disgrace! We can't possiblly know what's going on in Fer's head or life, all we can do is keep supporting him and keep believing in him. Yes, it's ok to critize, but it should be based on FACTS, not assumptions.

I'm a huge fan of Tommy Robredo, and he was in a slump pretty much all of the 2010 season... but his fans didn't go and tear him down by calling him a headcase, unmotivated etc. We kept believing in him, that one day he would be on the rise again. And guess what? He is!

/rant

Carlita
03-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Wow... I'm sorry guys, but you really put the word "fan" into disgrace! We can't possiblly know what's going on in Fer's head or life, all we can do is keep supporting him and keep believing in him. Yes, it's ok to critize, but it should be based on FACTS, not assumptions.

I'm a huge fan of Tommy Robredo, and he was in a slump pretty much all of the 2010 season... but his fans didn't go and tear him down by calling him a headcase, unmotivated etc. We kept believing in him, that one day he would be on the rise again. And guess what? He is!

/rantsupporting? What's that? :o

FormerRafaFan
03-15-2011, 12:19 PM

/rant

Did you read my post? I said I don't know HOW he feels, because I am not him, obviously.. I only base it on what I have seen so far, like I said! I love Nando, I always will. I will never stop being his fan. But I'm also a BAD fan if I'm not questioning his level right now. Fans are not supposed to accept everything just because they like that particular player. I know his usual level is much higher, and I know he's a very good player. That's why I'm annoyed and upset with him playing like this, because I know he can play so much better! Fans should be able to criticize them too. I mean.. I criticize Rafa all the time, I even called him an idiot for bad scheduling. Many other Rafa fans did the same. It doesn't mean that I like him any less. I still love him, but I'm still hard on him, like I am with Fer.

Carlita
03-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Did you read my post? I said I don't know HOW he feels, because I am not him, obviously.. I only base it on what I have seen so far, like I said! I love Nando, I always will. I will never stop being his fan. But I'm also a BAD fan if I'm not questioning his level right now. Fans are not supposed to accept everything just because they like that particular player. I know his usual level is much higher, and I know he's a very good player. That's why I'm annoyed and upset with him playing like this, because I know he can play so much better! Fans should be able to criticize them too. I mean.. I criticize Rafa all the time, I even called him an idiot for bad scheduling. Many other Rafa fans did the same. It doesn't mean that I like him any less. I still love him, but I'm still hard on him, like I am with Fer.fact is...you just seem so negative like all the time that it's getting a bit much... Remember your post during the DC weekend? The guy hadnt even HIT a ball yet and you were already taking him to pieces! And we did not see you come back in that DC thread here to say oooh he did well, I was wrong or he surprised me or something.....

Another fact is, he's not 22 anymore...he's going to be 28 this year...so...he might have different plans. And it's up to us to accept whatever he plans to do with his life/career.

Critisize all you want...but when you do it with EVERY loss it gets a bit like a broken record. Not every loss is the same.....:shrug: Take the Becker losses: Becker is a problem to Fer...nothing we can do about it.... Querrey: Sam always does well here....fact... When he loses, it's not just his fault.... give some credit to the opponent too.... or he might not feel 100% that day.... he might be less focussed that day for whatever reason.... so?

There's more serious stuff to get angry over than a favourite tennisplayer not winning as we would like to see him do.... all we see in here from you is negativity..... sorry, but after a while it gets irritating :o

This is Fer's forum where we support in good and bad times.... General Messages in this place is bad enough! Be disappointed sure, but keep it nice, take him to pieces if you want in GM....

This forum used to be a fun and relaxed place.... :o not so much lately...

FlameOn
03-15-2011, 01:00 PM
I've been siting here ages just trying to type the right message. I guess all I can say is whatever. I won't expect too much for Miami and so I won't be too disappointed.

FormerRafaFan
03-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Litita: I don't have time to answer all of your post now.. I have to get back to studying. I will reply to one of the things you said though: maybe I forgot to come here after Fer won his DC rubber, but I think I wrote about it in the Rafa thread.. I wrote that it was one of the best matches I had seen Fer play in a long time. I was very proud of him and I even said it reminded me about how he played against Delpo in San Jose, also a very good match from Fer.

Carlita
03-15-2011, 01:57 PM
it's okay sokk, I honestly do not care and Im not going to discuss it coz we'll never see eye to eye on this and Im sick of all the negative vibes. I just want this place to stay nice.....and not dwell too much on the negative things...GM is the place for that.

Linyun
03-16-2011, 08:36 AM

/rant

Some Chinese Tommy's fans also told me that! So I will still hold believing in Fer.
I think some of the so-called Fer's fans shouldn't be here anymore.Gerenal is really a good place for him.

Carlita
03-17-2011, 07:17 AM
have you guys seen this IW interview? It's really nice. He's so calm there :lol:
click (http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2011/03/Indian-Wells-2011-Saturday-Interview-Verdasco.aspx)

Jenrios
03-17-2011, 07:40 PM
it's okay sokk, I honestly do not care and Im not going to discuss it coz we'll never see eye to eye on this and Im sick of all the negative vibes. I just want this place to stay nice.....and not dwell too much on the negative things...GM is the place for that.

Here! here!

I_Dasco
03-19-2011, 05:06 AM
He shaked ump's hands that match, good sign

Carlita
03-19-2011, 08:14 AM
He shaked ump's hands that match, good signMaybe in his "old age" he'll start to learn it is polite to do that, even if you lose a match :lol: vamos fer!! :lol:

Chris.
03-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Good luck in Miami. Hope you get a kind draw and can go deep.:)

FlameOn
03-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm scared of Miami and the clay season afterwards. :sad:

Carlita
03-20-2011, 04:25 PM
don't be ;) it will be okay. Unless he runs into Becker, Kohli.....Raonic :tape: or the top 5 :lol:

Pirata.
03-21-2011, 07:51 AM
don't be ;) it will be okay. Unless he runs into Becker, Kohli.....Raonic :tape: or the top 5 :lol:

:scared:

FlameOn
03-21-2011, 09:12 AM
lol Fer's got a lot more to worry about than just 7 players. :lol:

Carlita
03-21-2011, 09:14 AM
oh sure...but when I see these names on the other side of the net I sort of worry less, coz I know he will probably lose to them anyway so it would be a waste of my time :lol:

Carlita
03-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Miami draw (http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/403/mds.pdf)

hmm Murray's bit of the draw... he should get to Murray...but let's take one match at a time ;) :lol:

FormerRafaFan
03-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Fer possibly playing Tomic second round.. I'll try not to be too negative. I won't say he'll lose, but I am not very confident either and I do have a bad feeling because Tomic is a good player.

FormerRafaFan
03-21-2011, 05:53 PM

:scared:

LOOOL. this made me laugh, that quote and that emoticon.. SPOT ON!:lol:

Pirata.
03-22-2011, 02:12 AM
If Donald Young can beat Murray, than Fer can do it! He's done it before after all :lol:

FlameOn
03-22-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm not making predictions or having any expectations.

Carlita
03-22-2011, 07:19 AM
If Donald Young can beat Murray, than Fer can do it! He's done it before after all :lol::rocker2:

I'm not making predictions or having any expectations.:yeah: ;)

I_Dasco
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm not making predictions or having any expectations.
me too.
As far as he goes on this tournament we are happy for him :) atleast he wont get minus point that's good enough

FlameOn
03-24-2011, 06:14 AM
His draw has opened up somewhat, he'll get Andujar instead of Tomic, and Davydenko is out of his section as well.

FormerRafaFan
03-24-2011, 08:50 AM
His draw has opened up somewhat, he'll get Andujar instead of Tomic, and Davydenko is out of his section as well.

That is good! I hope he will do better in Miami:)

I_Dasco
03-24-2011, 12:35 PM
By the ways Gent Fernando back near Feli.
What goes around back around :)

FormerRafaFan
03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I read that Feli and Fer is FINALLY playing doubles together again! It's about time I think. Been a while now since the last time they played together, and this is a good sign. Things are moving in the right direction now with Fer. Maybe they didn't have a falling out after all! I certainly hope they didn't, or if they did than at least it seems like they made up!

Anyway.. I agree with FlameOn that Fer's side of the draw has opened up, and I really hope he takes advantage of that. Good luck Fer! VAMOS:yeah:

FlameOn
03-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Vamos Fer and Feli! :bounce:

Carlita
03-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Vamos chicos! :rocker2:

(although I think Fer & Feli are so 2007/8 :lol: )

FlameOn
03-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Vamos chicos! (although I think Fer & Feli are so 2007/8 :lol: )
:lol: Well better Fer/Feli than Raonic/Feli. :p

Carlita
03-24-2011, 09:58 PM
:lol: Well better Fer/Feli than Raonic/Feli. :p:lol: Feli can do what he wants.... I don't really care about Feli :o

and I do like it when Fer and Feli play together, but they are (thankfully) not joined at the hip :p

FlameOn
03-24-2011, 09:59 PM
:lol: Feli can do what he wants.... I don't really care about Feli :o

and I do like it when Fer and Feli play together, but they are (thankfully) not joined at the hip :p

Yeah. :p

Carlita
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
:spit: nice draw btw :rolls: Mirnyi / Nestor (2) :lol: whooooooooops!!! But, you never know ;)

FormerRafaFan
03-24-2011, 11:02 PM
:spit: nice draw btw :rolls: Mirnyi / Nestor (2) :lol: whooooooooops!!! But, you never know ;)

Oh well.. I'm just glad they are playing together again! Vamos:yeah:

FlameOn
03-25-2011, 08:35 PM
So are we still bad fans for criticizing him after Miami horror show? :aplot:

Pirata.
03-25-2011, 08:36 PM
:o

:mad:

I'm speechless.

FormerRafaFan
03-25-2011, 08:58 PM
I'll just say.. horrible performance from Fer today.. that was the least amount of negative I could be. See the match thread in GM fore more ranting and negativity:yeah:

I_Dasco
03-26-2011, 03:33 AM
I couldnt say anything cause i didnt watch the match.
Just paid attetion Fer has lost frist match in 4 tourney in last 7 tournaments he plays include 250 500 and 1000
ALEEEEEERT!!!!!
Clay court season is coming Fernando :(

Carlita
03-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Fer!! :lol: Still, I havent seen the match so I can't possibly know if he played bad or if Pablo was better than Fer today. :shrug: So many things can make or break a match. Not just one player....

anyway I dont like the fact he lost in the 2nd round but Im happy for Pablo :hug: coz he is a lovely guy. Well done sir:yeah: Fer couldnt have lost to a nicer guy! (okay...delpo maybe...:lol: )

sokk it worries me that you think negativity is a :yeah: thing :unsure: but whatever floats your boat I guess :o

Carlita
03-26-2011, 09:27 AM
So are we still bad fans for criticizing him after Miami horror show? :aplot:I never sad you were bad fans.... but... have you actually SEEN the match? Or did you follow a scoreboard? Because, besides from DFs, you cannot possible know if it WAS a horrorshow..... Pablo could be playing brilliant tennis, Fer could have fought his ass off.... a scoreboard is not going to tell you that :shrug:

So unless you were there (which you werent) or had a livestream (which would be amazing coz there weren't any :o and if there were, can you share links please :D )I wouldnt judge Fer so harsh for losing. Like I said before: there are more factors to win or lose a match...not just Fernando Verdasco ;)

This time I actually like the guy who won...so well done to him :hug:

FormerRafaFan
03-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Lilita: the things is that.. I'm sure Andujar started to play better, don't get me wrong.. He hold his serve very well, that's obvious. The fact is though that Fer had AT LEAST 2 or 3 opportunities to break in the second set, but he failed to convert them, he couldn't even convert one. And converting breaks is CRUICAL when your opponent just started to play better. All he had to do was hold his serve (which he easily did in the second set), and convert just ONE out of those breaks! He failed miserably though.. It didn't help that he DOUBLE FAULED on SET POINT in the second set either.. ffs:help: Also, I'm sorry.. but there's no excuse for what happened in the third set when he got broken. Who the hell double faults THREE TIMES in a row.. in ONE game? That RARELY happens on the ATP tour, not even on the WTA tour!

I'm still a fan of Fer, still like him, and I will always support him! It's just that I am sick of seeing this every single time he plays. He ALWAYS chokes away a win. He's a decent player, good forehand etc, but what good does that do when he chokes it all away, usually on the big points?

I think he needs a sports psychologist.

Carlita
03-26-2011, 11:20 AM
:rolleyes: 1. I wasnt talking to YOU about the match..thank you...

2. Have you actually SEEN why he couldnt convert them? I bet you havent...or were they DF? so you cannot condemn him for that. If you SAW he fucked up, fine...but you didnt...so dont start.

also, we know you are a fan of fer and will always be bla bla....still, Im not discussing Fer with you.... so no need to put my name in your posts...I have no interest in talking to you about anything or anyone. Unless you need a moderator.... :wavey:

FormerRafaFan
03-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Even when he failed to convert ALL of the break opportunities in the second set.. he still could have pulled it out in the tiebreak in the second set! but then he double faulted, and on SP:eek: Then in the third set, at least he held his serve.. until he got broken. Had he only held his serve all the way and not gotten broken, well, then at least he could have taken it to a tiebreak in the third set.. Breaks can be difficult to convert. Though a player usually manages to break ONCE if he is faced with many opportunities to break.. they usually convert at least one. But that was in the second set, and fine he lost it. Then came the third set.. had he only hold serve in the third, but nah.. He double faulted three times in ONE game.. I can accept one DF, two at the most, but THREE times.. in ONE game?!?! he basically gifted the break to Andujar and made him win. I'm sorry, but I don't think he can make up excuses for what happened in that game, that was just..:retard:

Why won't you talk to me about Fer? Just because I have a different opinion than you? Seriously? Ugh.. whatever.

FlameOn
03-27-2011, 04:19 AM
I never sad you were bad fans.... but... have you actually SEEN the match? Or did you follow a scoreboard? Because, besides from DFs, you cannot possible know if it WAS a horrorshow..... Pablo could be playing brilliant tennis, Fer could have fought his ass off.... a scoreboard is not going to tell you that :shrug:

So unless you were there (which you werent) or had a livestream (which would be amazing coz there weren't any :o and if there were, can you share links please :D )I wouldnt judge Fer so harsh for losing. Like I said before: there are more factors to win or lose a match...not just Fernando Verdasco ;)

This time I actually like the guy who won...so well done to him :hug:

Of course you have a point there. But given his results lately that would be quite an unlikely occurence IMO.

Oh well, cest la vie. ;)

I_Dasco
03-27-2011, 04:55 AM
Don't call yourself a Fernando fan if you dont accpet his loss..
Really

Carlita
03-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Of course you have a point there. But given his results lately that would be quite an unlikely occurence IMO.

Oh well, cest la vie. ;)indeed! But I thought maybe you had a live stream we missed :lol:

On to the Clay :rocker2:

Jenrios
03-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Fer's in good company anyway:)

FormerRafaFan
03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Fer's in good company anyway:)

That's true:) Been a lot of upsets lately, with Murray and Roddick, and all of the youngsters too! So Verdasco is certainly not the only one to lose. He's the one who's been in the longest slump though.. well, Murray is not exactly playing well these days either.

Anyway, I hope it'll all change for the clay season. I hope it'll be like a new start for Fer!:D

FlameOn
03-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah whatever, onto clay!

FlameOn
03-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Don't call yourself a Fernando fan if you dont accpet his loss..
Really
I'm sorry! :sad: I just have a little rant and then I wash my cheerleading uniform ready for the next tournament. I mean it. :p

http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticon-critic/images/cute/cheer.gif Go Fer go!

Chris.
03-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Lets have another good clay court season come on.

I_Dasco
03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Haha Aaron, you have cheerleadin uniform at home? Worry or not 1880PTS to defend at clay!

FlameOn
03-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Haha Aaron, you have cheerleadin uniform at home? Worry or not 1880PTS to defend at clay!
Oh no lol, that was just a metaphor. :p

Defending his points would be against the odds for sure, but he has nowhere to go but up at the moment.

Carlita
04-10-2011, 04:24 PM
woo tough first round in doubles! Shame Fer & Feli lost 6-2 6-7(2) 9-11

well done to Tommy & Marcel :yeah:

Jenrios
04-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Love the av Sjoukje! :haha: :haha:

Carlita
04-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Love the av Sjoukje! :haha: :haha:well it sums up a thing or two right now :o

FlameOn
04-10-2011, 11:07 PM
woo tough first round in doubles! Shame Fer & Feli lost 6-2 6-7(2) 9-11

well done to Tommy & Marcel :yeah:
Did they have a lead in either tiebreak? :secret: It seems like their style. :p

Carlita
04-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Did they have a lead in either tiebreak? :secret: It seems like their style. :pbig lead if you lose a tiebreak on 2 :o :p

FlameOn
04-11-2011, 05:38 AM
big lead if you lose a tiebreak on 2 :o :p
Or a lead in set 2? :shrug::p

Carlita
04-11-2011, 05:48 AM
Or a lead in set 2? :shrug::pI dont know and I dont care :lol:

FlameOn
04-11-2011, 05:51 AM
I dont know and I dont care :lol:
I know. They could've led 6-2 5-1 40-0 and you'd still not care? :aplot:

Anyway, Fer's got a bad draw. He's lost to much worse players than Robredo lately and Dodig won't be a pushover either. Top 10 hangs in the balance. Time to go hard or go home for Fer. :cool:

Carlita
04-11-2011, 05:53 AM
I wouldnt like that...but really care? No, I don't. Fer should care.....and make sure it never happens again, if it did happen like that..... unless he PAYS me to care ... I'll save my care for more important things than my favourite tennisplayer losing a (doubles) match

FlameOn
04-11-2011, 11:58 AM
OK I don't want to argue abot Fer's tennis anymore :awww:. I hope he surprises us in MC I really do.

Carlita
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
how I love GM :lol: But, not really...... the WWW thread for Verdasco - Robredo is one hatefest.....

also the name Boredo is getting B O R I N G :yawn: seriously, those nicknames are so lame..... :zzz:

for the record, I think Tommy will win in 3. So best prepare yourself everyone :lol: If Fer wins this, it will be a nice surprise :D

FormerRafaFan
04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
It's not really that weird that people are saying Robredo is going to win over Fer though.. considering their form lately.. I mean, even I think Robredo is going to win. He has played solid lately, and he's pretty good at clay too. I'm not saying Fer isn't good at clay, but Robredo is good at clay too, and he has his current form as an advantage.

Of course I hope I'm wrong, and I mean.. it's not an easy match-up at all for Fer, so he was a bit unlucky drawing a good clay courter so early. Oh well.. lets just hope I'm wrong and that Fer will positively surprise me. Who knows.. maybe clay will be the change he needs, maybe he'll start to play better. We all know clay is his best surface, so hopefully he'll do good in the clay season. He has a lot of points to defend..

FlameOn
04-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm not surprised that Nando's got himself some more haters after his two Raonic losses TBH. :o He said some very uncool things.

I don't think he'll beat Robredo :mad:. Tommy's possibly the worst unseeded opponent Nando could have faced, who's 3-0 against Fer on clay and is mentally strong and consistent (ie. the opposite of Nando). Tommy's also won a title on clay this year.

At the moment the best I'm hoping for is that he doesn't get to 4-4 in the third and make 3 DFs as he did VS Andujar. :o

FlameOn
04-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Of course I hope I'm wrong but I know I won't be. :tears:

I_Dasco
04-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Why people keep thinking Fer said some uncool things?
I did't think so.
Maybe different traditional or cultural but anway what's wrong to telling the truth and what he thinks? So funny.

FormerRafaFan
04-12-2011, 08:07 AM
I did't think so.
Maybe different traditional or cultural but anway what's wrong to telling the truth and what he thinks? So funny.

He could have kept it to himself and not blabbed about it to the media. It's obvious he only said it because he was pissed off after losing. He just came across as a sore loser..

Carlita
04-12-2011, 08:14 AM
I did't think so.
sometimes people need to think before they speak...and what he said after losing to Raonic will only bite him in the ass at some point..... at the very least he really needs to win the next match against him and especially if it's on clay :o Coz if he loses it after what he said....well...he will be worse than just uncool.....

Jenrios
04-12-2011, 07:50 PM
I am just hoping Fer plays without pain, doesn't injure himself, and, erm, wins in 3! Vamos!

Carlita
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
I am just hoping Fer plays without pain, doesn't injure himself, and, erm, wins in 3! Vamos!:yeah: Im with you on this :)

Pirata.
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
sometimes people need to think before they speak...and what he said after losing to Raonic will only bite him in the ass at some point..... at the very least he really needs to win the next match against him and especially if it's on clay :o Coz if he loses it after what he said....well...he will be worse than just uncool.....

I agree.

I thought it was a lot of sour grapes, what he said about Milos. It's never nice to hear someone criticize the way you play your game, especially when it's another player :awww:

Plus, Fer talking about "real tennis" on clay, and then going to Acapulco and losing to Bellucci.... :o

Carlita
04-12-2011, 09:10 PM
I agree.

I thought it was a lot of sour grapes, what he said about Milos. It's never nice to hear someone criticize the way you play your game, especially when it's another player :awww:

Plus, Fer talking about "real tennis" on clay, and then going to Acapulco and losing to Bellucci.... :oBut, this is also typical Fer.... Fer's a sore loser :shrug: Always was and probably always will be.... he's less dramatic when losing to a Spanish guy but otherwise.... :unsure:

it's just part of who he is...wants it all to be too perfect....too competitive....so it is not easy when you lose :o

FlameOn
04-13-2011, 12:07 PM
In Robredo's opening service game, Nando has 15-40. Tommy holds anyway.
In Nando's first service game, Nando has 40-15. He gets broken.

Trainwreck.

FlameOn
04-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Then he gets the match back on serve at 4-5 and then hands the break straight back. First set to Tommy. :rolleyes:

Carlita
04-13-2011, 12:42 PM
I think he better retire.... :o

4-6 VAMOS FER!!!

We knew Tommy would be a tough cookie....so.... no expectations..... :shrug: He wins this, it's a bonus. ;)

and this injury time out is not helping matters either.... you see Aaron, sometimes a loss is not as clear cut as we like to think it is..... so many factors make up a win or loss.

Carlita
04-13-2011, 12:53 PM
and that is not a happy looking Fer :awww:

I hope his shoulder is not too badly hurt :sad:

Eruwen
04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
and that is not a happy looking Fer :awww: It's not :awww: Already noticed it at the start of the match, he didn't quite look like Fernando! Hope he's ok

Carlita
04-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I think he's given up (bagel anyone?)... Lord Carlos might know why....maybe the shoulder is bothering him too much...maybe he doesnt want to risk a bigger injury ..... or something completely different :lol: He does seem to feel crap (about this) :sad:

I better run to GM later to make sure Boredo or some hideous version of Verdasco doesnt show up in the threadtitles :rolleyes: :yawn:

Eruwen
04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
I better run to GM later to make sure Boredo or some hideous version of Verdasco doesnt show up in the threadtitles :rolleyes: :yawn: Oh you can count on that... especially after this weird match :unsure:

Carlita
04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
boredo defeats fiasco :rocker2:

Clowndasco defeats Boredo :rocker2:

what else? :rolls:

Mr.Boring defeats Mr.Mentally Challenged :D

oh what's he doing? Fighting back? :D

Carlita
04-13-2011, 01:23 PM
:yeah: well done Tommy!

:hug: Fer, go take care of your body!

Eruwen
04-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I think that last game was the only one worth watching :o Glad to see Tommy through, but sad for Fernando... I hope his injury's not too serious!

Carlita
04-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Seriously, what Fer said after the second loss to Raonic was arrogant and stupid...but what's with the hate in GM?! The GM regulars live on hate so it seems...they need to have someone to hate...... If it's not roger or rafa it's novak or murray and now we can add Fer to that list as well....WTF has he done to deserve this?

He's finally out of the top ten.... so? Fer's got more talent in his pinkie than most of the top 20 combined in their whole body....... I bet half of GM tools dont even look further than a scoreboard.....:o Gotta love "real" tennis "fans" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

FlameOn
04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Right, he lost because of his injury. :ignore:

Eruwen
04-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Seriously, what Fer said after the second loss to Raonic was arrogant and stupid...but what's with the hate in GM?! The GM regulars live on hate so it seems...they need to have someone to hate...... If it's not roger or rafa it's novak or murray and now we can add Fer to that list as well....WTF has he done to deserve this?

He's finally out of the top ten.... so? Fer's got more talent in his pinkie than most of the top 20 combined in their whole body....... I bet half of GM tools dont even look further than a scoreboard.....:o Gotta love "real" tennis "fans" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I don't know... apparently these people have no life, it seems ALL they do is watch tennis matches and then tear the players apart. I honestly can't imagine why someone would spend so much time and energy on someone they "hate". Ah well... I guess it says more about them than about the players ;)

Carlita
04-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Right, he lost because of his injury. :ignore:probably not 100%....but it didnt help things ....

oh wait, he lost coz he's a lousy player, he doesnt care anymore, he's mentally challenged, he needs his head read...did I miss anything?

FlameOn
04-13-2011, 01:40 PM
probably not 100%....but it didnt help things ....

oh wait, he lost coz he's a lousy player, he doesnt care anymore, he's mentally challenged, he needs his head read...did I miss anything?

Well his sole win in his last four tournaments has been by a retirement. I hardly need to say any of that stuff anymore. The results are speaking for themselves (except the lousy player part which absolutely isn't true, even if he's imitating a lousy player right now).

Carlita
04-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I dare you to read the match thread in GM.....it is BEYOND pathetic...but then again.. 95% of the posters there are beyond help.....so..... I shouldn't expect more out of them :o

And do you know why he's playing like crap? Has he said anything in an interview? Every player goes through a rough patch at some point... I remember Jim Courier getting so fed up with losing he tossed his rackets away and quit tennis only to come back after a few weeks/months (cant remember). I think even to Fer it must be extremely frustrating to not win matches. And I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll be working on whatever the fuck is wrong. Still, what we (and he) wants and what is possible is not always the same thing. Sometimes no matter if you give 1000% it is not happening....and I think it gets to him as well....so it's not like he doesnt give a shit.

We can only hope that whatever it is is gone asap and that he'll be a contender again soon. Or that he has some great results left in him for the final years of his career. And I for one will support him in that, win or lose.

FormerRafaFan
04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Fer is now officially out of the top 10.

Carlita
04-13-2011, 02:39 PM
And Im really pleased about that.....less pressure on him. Rankings can only become a burden....

also, lower ranking makes certain people lose interest (those who only want to be there for the success) so only his loyal fans remain. Im all for that :lol:

FlameOn
04-14-2011, 12:07 AM
With the exception of three tournaments (USO, AO and San Jose), Fer has had nothing but bad results since Wimbledon last year. So it was actually a while coming. :tears:

Maybe falling out of the top 10 will lessen the hate a bit. It is rather scary at the moment. :scared:

Jenrios
04-14-2011, 07:26 PM
oh dear, I didn't get any of my wishes. Hope Fer's shoulder isn't too painful. Re Fer being a 'bad loser' - at least it shows he cares. I gave up on GM ages ago.

Jenrios
04-14-2011, 07:28 PM
oh, and I hate 'big-serving' tennis as well ;)

Carlita
04-14-2011, 07:45 PM
oh dear, I didn't get any of my wishes. Hope Fer's shoulder isn't too painful. Re Fer being a 'bad loser' - at least it shows he cares. I gave up on GM ages ago.You're a wise woman Jen :lol:

I wanted to go in that match thread and refer to my avatar :tape:

Pirata.
04-14-2011, 09:09 PM
And Im really pleased about that.....less pressure on him. Rankings can only become a burden....

Bad thing will be he won't be seeded at some tournaments and meet the top players earlier :scared:

But! the really good thing is, other than Barcelona, Rome and USO, he really isn't defending a lot of points, especially from August on. He is now, what 12th in the world, mostly on those three results, so this means if he can deal with his injuries and get some wins and confidence, he has a lot of chances to get back into the top ten, especially if he can get over this problem he has making it far in the fall hard court Masters--especially Cincy, maybe I won't go to his match this year, he's lost both times I went in 2009 and 2010, if I skip this year, maybe he'll finally win :lol:

In the meantime, I'll change my name back or to something new, I don't want to contribute to his slump :p

Björki
04-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Fer :hug:

FlameOn
04-14-2011, 09:34 PM
I wish Fer would make some kind of statement. It seems more courteous than to leave his fans hanging like this as to why he's forgotten how to play tennis. Jeremy Chardy made a statement recently about how a situation with an old coach has caused him to play badly...wish Fer would do the same.

Pirata.
04-15-2011, 01:53 AM
I just wish he would tweet again. It was so nice to hear how he was doing and what he was doing, and he seemed really happy with how the fans would interact with him, even in the early summer when he was beginning this losing patch. He always seemed really grateful to see people were still supporting him. He tweeted the other day after like...months, but it's not the same :awww:

Although he did have a few creepy stalkers who would tweet him really bizarre, borderline sexual harassment stuff, so I guess I can't blame him for not checking it much anymore.

FlameOn
04-15-2011, 03:55 AM
I just wish he would tweet again. It was so nice to hear how he was doing and what he was doing, and he seemed really happy with how the fans would interact with him, even in the early summer when he was beginning this losing patch. He always seemed really grateful to see people were still supporting him. He tweeted the other day after like...months, but it's not the same :awww:

Although he did have a few creepy stalkers who would tweet him really bizarre, borderline sexual harassment stuff, so I guess I can't blame him for not checking it much anymore.
Didn't he stop tweeting pretty much after the Raonic incident?

FlameOn
04-15-2011, 05:36 AM
Nando we love you. :awww::hug:

I_Dasco
04-16-2011, 04:49 AM
He was having a problem with some perv and girls who are jealous of being his gf.
True fans stay with him forever :)
Keep moving on Fernando!
By the way any news about his injured isnt foot injured is enough .. ?

Pirata.
04-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Didn't he stop tweeting pretty much after the Raonic incident?

Before then, I think, but he was having a lot of really creepy tweets from a bunch of perverted stalkers. It was some really dirty stuff I won't repeat here in case kids are reading this forum :lol:

I_Dasco
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
No one post here atleast for a luck wish? His frist win in clay court please..

FlameOn
04-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Vamos! He needs to start winning already. :lol:

Carlita
04-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Vamos Fer!!!! :bounce:

:unsure: oh, and someone get rid of Raonic before the SF please :tape: :rolls:

FlameOn
04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Vamos Fer!!!! :bounce:

:unsure: oh, and someone get rid of Raonic before the SF please :tape: :rolls:
I reckon Simon would be just as tough for Nando to beat - maybe even more so. :p

Anyway I'm staying up till past 3am my time to watch his match. That's dedication. :D:banana:

Carlita
04-28-2011, 01:48 PM
I reckon Simon would be just as tough for Nando to beat - maybe even more so. :p

Anyway I'm staying up till past 3am my time to watch his match. That's dedication. :D:banana:
I think you're missing my point here :lol: :p (he better lose to Simon than Raonic :o)

FlameOn
04-28-2011, 01:51 PM
I think you're missing my point here :lol: :p (he better lose to Simon than Raonic :o)
True true. ;) Anyway I have a better feeling about this match. I think he's had a long enough break to think about things hopefully. :D

FlameOn
04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Playing pretty good and Gil being terrible also helping. 5-0! :lol:

FlameOn
04-28-2011, 08:36 PM
No posts for his first win in 100 years? :confused::p

First set he had more UEs than winners and still won it 6-1 :lol:. Gil. :o Apparently in the second set he was up 5-1 and choked to 5-5. :p But who cares about that?

He WON a match. :sobbing::bounce:

Pirata.
04-29-2011, 12:07 PM
I kept meaning to come here to post but then I went out with some friends around 5 and didn't get home until 3am, then I was watching the royal wedding :lol:

Glad Fer got some confidence from winning, although that serving for the match choke :scared: Let's not do that again next round, Fer.

FormerRafaFan
04-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Yay! Fer finally won a match!:aparty: :dance:

Now plese continue like this, and no more choking either!

Carlita
04-29-2011, 06:36 PM
I kept meaning to come here to post but then I went out with some friends around 5 and didn't get home until 3am, then I was watching the royal wedding :lol:

Glad Fer got some confidence from winning, although that serving for the match choke :scared: Let's not do that again next round, Fer.
well you can blame me for that :o I started watching at 6-1 4 or 5-1.....he doesnt do well when I watch him play :tape:

Pirata.
04-30-2011, 04:31 AM
well you can blame me for that :o I started watching at 6-1 4 or 5-1.....he doesnt do well when I watch him play :tape:

Don't feel bad :hug: Both times I've gone to Cincy and seen him play in person, he's lost, so I think I'm not going to watch his first round match in Cincy this year, maybe he'll finally win without me jinxing him :lol:

I_Dasco
04-30-2011, 04:44 AM
Well He lost frist set in Anderson's match beacause of darkness?
I hope when he come backs things will be different.

Buffet
04-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Well He lost frist set in Anderson's match beacause of darkness?
I hope when he come backs things will be different.

I'm not sure about his willingness and desire to win this match, and later today another match.
And all of that just before a Masters in his Spain.
I'm closer to think that he will lose this 2nd set vs Kevin, and prepare for Madrid.

I_Dasco
04-30-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure about his willingness and desire to win this match, and later today another match.
And all of that just before a Masters in his Spain.
I'm closer to think that he will lose this 2nd set vs Kevin, and prepare for Madrid.

Actually he took 2nd set 6-2 at the moment.
A good preparation for Madrid is win a frist title this year isnt so bad

Carlita
04-30-2011, 12:39 PM
6-7 6-2 6-3! Well done Fer!!! And just in time....the Simon-Raonic match got suspended because of rain :o

Simon, you better step it up when you get back on court!

Jenrios
04-30-2011, 01:30 PM
oh, been on holiday, and I find Fer has been winning matches in my absence! Yay! Vamos!

Carlita
04-30-2011, 02:12 PM
:lol: oh crap it's Milos :lol: :spit:

This will be FUN!!!!!! :sobbing:

please win Fer :o do everyone a favour including yourself...

Eruwen
04-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Well done Fer :yeah:

Oh dear... GM is gonna have a field trip if he loses this one :tape:

Carlita
04-30-2011, 06:09 PM
6-4...... and Milos quits.... :confused: What happened? Fer looked surprised as well....

Im sure they will thrash him now as well in GM :rolleyes: but whatever :lol:

Pirata.
04-30-2011, 06:33 PM
They're trashing Milos instead :lol:

MTF, never change :rolleyes: But good for him to be in the final :yeah:

Carlita
04-30-2011, 06:34 PM
oh of course...... :tape: if it's not one, it's the other.... :o As long as we can bash someone in GM we're happy :rolleyes: Seriously they need a life in there.......it's quite scary all the negativity....

Verdasco - Del Potro :woohoo: I can't lose here :D

FormerRafaFan
04-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice to see Fer through. I won't say congrats because he got through playing an injured Raonic who had to retire. I hate seeing players win because their opponent had to retire, even if that means my favorite win, it's the same in this case, and I actually really like Milos too, so.. Anyway, the most important thing is that he made it to the final. Vamos in the final, Fer:yeah:

I_Dasco
05-01-2011, 04:28 AM
He said in an press conf he wanted win a completly match.. Oh well people called it Milos Fake injured.. Anyway i dont mind atleast Fer win that's the truth

FlameOn
05-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Fer. :hearts: I still can't quite believe he's in the final. :lol: I can't help rolling my eyes at the scoreline VS Anderson :o.

But that's my only bad point. :p Del Potro? :scared:

Carlita
05-01-2011, 09:12 AM
He said in an press conf he wanted win a completly match.. Oh well people called it Milos Fake injured.. Anyway i dont mind atleast Fer win that's the truthI don't know if it is fake or not...but Fer looked :confused: and I was :confused: because he was playing and serving like nothing was wrong...and all of a sudden he quits.... :scratch: makes you wonder....but we don't know....and I don't care! My 2 chicos in the final!

Fer needs this win to get his confidence back and Juanie needs it to get his ranking back to where it should be...so either one is fine by me :angel: win/win

Carlita
05-01-2011, 02:36 PM
:o maybe step up a little bit in the 2nd set Fer? Don't know if it will matter much against Mr.Argie though :lol: but, we can try ;) vamos!

Carlita
05-01-2011, 02:49 PM
okay maybe not :lol:

:hug: there's not much to be done against JMDP today...Fer looks a bit lost... :o

so....let's be happy with the final :hug:

2-6 2-6 well done Juanie :yeah:

Carlita
05-01-2011, 03:38 PM
:lol: Champagne fight :rocker2: :lol:

FormerRafaFan
05-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm proud of Fer! He reached the final in Estoril. It looks like he's starting to play better and get some of his confidence back again!:D Ok, so he lost the final, but Delpo was simply better today. Anyway, at least Fer won a few matches in a row, which is A LOT better than the results he's had lately. That's why I think he played a good tournament here. Credit to Delpo though. He was obviously better in the final and deserved to win. Hopefully Fer will do well in Madrid. I don't think he played well there last year (I think he went out early), so it's an opportunity to gain some points!

FlameOn
05-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Fer. :bigcry: Getting crushed in the final like that is never nice, but well, he can build from this. :)

I_Dasco
05-02-2011, 04:31 AM
Well He was dissapointed but he was happy with champagne fight which is too cute for life..
Next destination his hometown Madrid Any predictions guys? If he win Fed he can add points It isnt too imposssible Isnt it?

Pirata.
05-02-2011, 06:59 AM
I don't think he can beat Roger (although with Roger, you never know these days :lol::scared:) but I would really like for him to make it far at his home tournament for once. Last year he had a great chance but he had that problem with his foot :sad:

FlameOn
05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't think he can beat Roger (although with Roger, you never know these days :lol::scared:) but I would really like for him to make it far at his home tournament for once. Last year he had a great chance but he had that problem with his foot :sad:
I could see him losing to Lu TBH. :o I'm not convinced this slump is over yet.

I_Dasco
05-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Losing to Lu?
You lost your mind Aaron
It is impossible for him to lu :-j

FlameOn
05-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Losing to Lu?
You lost your mind Aaron
You're probably right. :D

Pirata.
05-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Losing to Lu?
You lost your mind Aaron

You're probably right. :D

FlameOn
05-04-2011, 01:23 AM
:o Slump not over as I thought. Someone in GM said Lu's last clay win was in 2001. :unsure:

Pirata.
05-04-2011, 07:28 AM
He and Feli withdrew from doubles, said it was a lower back injury with Feli, but I think Fer was just so frustrated in himself that he didn't want to play. I hope this doesn't affect him getting picked for Davis Cup :awww:

I_Dasco
05-04-2011, 10:59 AM
This thread is quiet.
Unbeliveable.
Life goes on :)

Carlita
05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
This thread is quiet.
Unbeliveable.
Life goes on :):yeah:

I agree...okay he should have won this..but it's not like he lost 6-1 6-1 or something. Also we could see the frustration there....so blaming him for not wanting to play tennis is a lot of bull! If that were the case, he wouldnt get so angry with himself....he would just play the match win or lose and that 's it.....

It will be good for him to be home for a bit with his family and friends (instead of being in the USA....)

(the other doubles team also withdrew :lol: I doubt Fer and Feli withdrew coz Fer felt frustrated...... usually the doubles is a nice way to calm down again..)

I_Dasco
05-04-2011, 11:58 AM
:yeah:

I agree...okay he should have won this..but it's not like he lost 6-1 6-1 or something. Also we could see the frustration there....so blaming him for not wanting to play tennis is a lot of bull! If that were the case, he wouldnt get so angry with himself....he would just play the match win or lose and that 's it.....
It will be good for him to be home for a bit with his family and friends (instead of being in the USA....)

(the other doubles team also withdrew :lol: I doubt Fer and Feli withdrew coz Fer felt frustrated...... usually the doubles is a nice way to calm down again..)
I dont think Fer doesnt want to play tennis anymore like everybody said.. He wouldnt get mad like this ( I have never seen him mad like this since i frist knew him since 2008) Atleast i see him on my TV is good enough for days. and I heard the condition wasnt good so he coff he wasnt healthy..
He wasnt in his home much? That was sad He didnt have enough vacation or something.. :confused:
I dont blame Fer for this withdrew bc Feli has match with Fed today.. so he maybe want Feli to be well enough for that match?

After all, whatever you say.. I am proud to be Fernando's fan.. always.

Pirata.
05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Milos first round :o

Carlita
05-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Milos first round :o:sobbing: Well, we need to get a full match on clay between those 2 out of the way sooner or later...might as well be sooner :o

btw, no namechange?

I_Dasco
05-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Oh well
That's the fate.. Now show the world you dont need Milos retired to beat him full match as you wish

FormerRafaFan
05-08-2011, 06:39 AM
lmao.. can't believe he drew Raonic again.

I think Raonic is going to win, considering Fer is in shit form lately and lost to fucking Lu on clay. Milos is actually half decent on clay and has actually won more matches than Fer on clay this year.

Like I said.. I think Raonic is going to win, but I hope Fer proves me wrong! VAMOS FER! Good luck today!:yeah: I'm gutted we won't be able to see the match though..:(

FlameOn
05-08-2011, 06:40 AM
These two just can't keep away from each other. :tape: Fourth match in a matter of months. :haha:

Just try not to stink up the court Fer. :wavey:

I_Dasco
05-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Raonic is mad beacause of playing with Nico except Feli in dubs.
He forget the Felando best couple in the world

Carlita
05-08-2011, 06:35 PM
6-4 6-4 well done Fer!

Now GM can move on and find another project to bitch about :D (the "real tennis" comments are getting a bit old :o)

Pirata.
05-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Raonic is mad beacause of playing with Nico except Feli in dubs.
He forget the Felando best couple in the world

Raonic isn't playing doubles in Rome :)

Go job Fer :yeah:

Soderling next :(

FlameOn
05-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Oh Lord, Soderling. :haha: Too bad for that.

But thank Lord Carlos he beat Milos. He really couldn't afford to lose that match. :sobbing:

Jenrios
05-09-2011, 06:25 PM
yay! a win!

Carlita
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Here we go! :unsure:

vamos Fer :bounce:

Carlita
05-10-2011, 06:06 PM
:eek: *4-1 Wow Fer!!! Keep this going please!!! :bounce:

Carlita
05-10-2011, 07:07 PM
no no no! Fer!!! :sobbing: Get a grip! VAMOS! :fiery:

Carlita
05-10-2011, 07:12 PM
:singer: hello person who holds Fer's serve hostage: GIVE IT BACK NOW!!!!! :fiery:

Carlita
05-10-2011, 07:19 PM
:singer: Mr.Soderling...can you go back to sleep please? :D That was a lot more pleasant for all of us...

Fer's lost it now :sobbing: FOCUS silly!! We don't want a 3rd set :o

but I guess Fer does.... 6-4 5-7 (:bigcry: )

Carlita
05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Boom say the lights :lol: Blessing ? :o

Pirata.
05-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Fernando :sobbing:

I just finished an exam and when I went in, he won the first set 6-2 and when I came out, he was serving for the match. I got on the elevator and by the time I got to the cafeteria to check livescores, Sod had taken the set 5-7 :hysteric:

Carlita
05-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I know...it's like WTF?! :sobbing: I never expected him to win this to be honest :lol: but he could be in the showers or even having dinner right now :o

:bigcry: 0-2 Chau Fer.....:o :awww: :sad:

Pirata.
05-10-2011, 07:51 PM
0-3, *0-30 :sad:

He only had 1 double fault earlier, now he has six in the last three or so games :awww:

ETA: Oh wait, 30-all now :lol:

Carlita
05-10-2011, 07:52 PM
he served 3 when he handed over set no.2 :o

what's wrong with his eye?

Carlita
05-10-2011, 08:00 PM
ooh re-break :) But I shall not get too happy about this :rolls:

Pirata.
05-10-2011, 08:16 PM
4-3* :scared:

Carlita
05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
*does not dare to watch at *4-5...... *

Pirata.
05-10-2011, 08:26 PM
3MP for Sod :sobbing:

Carlita
05-10-2011, 08:28 PM
:bigcry: :hysteric: :sad: :awww: :crying2: :smash: :fiery: :sobbing: :o

Oh Boo Fucking Hoo!

:awww: *extremely sad*

Pirata.
05-10-2011, 08:55 PM
:sad:

:hug:

Ales_Alessandra
05-10-2011, 09:09 PM
:sobbing: dead!

FlameOn
05-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Wow, he's really outdone himself this time. Living up to the quote in my sig indeed. :lol:

FlameOn
05-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Don't even try to tell me when he can make 3 DFs VS Andujar at 4-4 in the third to get broken and lose the match and made 3DFs up 5-4 40-0 serving for the match VS Soderling (both within a matter of a month or so) that he doesn't need serious mental help if he gives a damn about his career.

Pirata.
05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
He needs a sports psychologist and maybe a new coach who can give him some confidence. Emilio Sanchez Vicario would be nice :)

Carlita
05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
But as people are saying in the Rafa forum: no one died.

Yes it sucks, yes he should have won, yes he was an idiot for letting this win slip through his fingers, yes he might want to work on this... But he's still breathing.....

Thinking about Wouter Weylandt, who died age 26 while doing his sport in the Giro D'Italia and who will now never see his unborn child puts this loss to Robin in perspective.

Hopefully he'll have a good look at this loss and thinking of ways that it will not happen again.

Be disappointed but it's not the end of the world as we know it ;)

FlameOn
05-12-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm sorry (or maybe this will make some people happy, I don't know :lol:) but for an indefinite period I have to say goodbye to Verdasco.

If in the event he decides to make some pro-active changes in order to try and salvage his career, I will gladly call myself a fan of his again. Until then, ciao. :wavey:

I_Dasco
05-12-2011, 04:12 AM
Oh well..
Soda is on top 5 although Soda didnt play well..
I am sorry for Fernando he has nice fb bh had double winnder and same UE..
Everything seems great except the result......
But im still happy hes h2h with Raonic is now 2-2 .. I finally find a reason to be happy with him :)

Carlita
05-12-2011, 08:14 AM
:singer: Als je wint, heb je vrienden
rijen dik
echte vrienden
zolang je wint.......

perfect song here....... free translation: you'll have masses of friends as long as you stay a winner....

BVecENKIbKg

Jenrios
05-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Exactly Sjoukje! When he starts winning again, the 'fans' will flock back. And we'll still be here:)

FlameOn
05-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Think what you like, but this is not about winning or losing. It's about what he's doing about it, which is nothing except showing up to the next tournament hoping things will fall into his lap. He's been slumping since Wimbledon last year, almost a whole year ago, and he's made no changes in order to try and turn things around. No full-time coach, no sports psychologist, no nothing.

And no, I won't be back as soon as he reaches another final or beats a big name. I'll be back when I'm satisfied he's made a conscientious effort to make some changes that will make a lasting positive impact on his career. :)

I_Dasco
05-13-2011, 05:44 AM
I dont judge tennis by result.
and as people say.. true fan stays forever.
and although i watch tennis but there is something more than tennis and tennis talent or win or losing..
That's something inside :)

Edit" My signature says it all

Jenrios
05-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I dont judge tennis by result.
and as people say.. true fan stays forever.
and although i watch tennis but there is something more than tennis and tennis talent or win or losing..
That's something inside :)

Edit" My signature says it all

:rocker::bigclap:

I_Dasco
05-18-2011, 08:23 AM
RG Coming..Wish him good luck :)

Carlita
06-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Have a safe trip to London Fer!!! Embrace the grass :rocker2: :lol:

FlameOn
06-04-2011, 09:09 AM
From here on out it's all about adding points. :bigclap: Do it Fer.

Jenrios
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
and the British weather is set fair! Time to add some points!

Pirata.
06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
If he doesn't win in Cincy, I will cry. Maybe I just won't go to his matches, I jinx him every time :sobbing:

I_Dasco
06-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Fer faces Mahut today at centre court!
The grass season begins

Pirata.
06-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Fer won! :bigclap:

FlameOn
06-08-2011, 02:27 AM
A routine win it seems. :eek: Shocking indeed!

I_Dasco
06-08-2011, 03:58 AM
People said bc of Nico 's injured.
Seem people always have a reason not to confess Fer win..
Anyway.. Life...