MONTE CARLO cheering thread! Vamos Fer ! ♥ [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MONTE CARLO cheering thread! Vamos Fer ! ♥

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Carlita
08-29-2009, 06:03 PM
well it seems like they were moved to an indoor court... :confused: I guess still rain then.... but yes, I would say Fer before Sam :o especially since the Fer/Igor match will probably be a tough one too!

Carlita
08-29-2009, 06:38 PM
:worship: well done Fer!! 7-6 (4) 7-6(5) :woohoo:

now GET Querrey! :armed:

Sommarsverige
08-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Congrats Fer :bounce: :bounce:

Good luck for the final :yeah: :yeah:

FlameOn
08-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Nando won the title! Oh my God, this is cool. Just when I thought I'd lost faith in him he goes and wins a title.

Do well at the US Open. He's on a winning streak now. :woohoo:

Carlita
08-30-2009, 07:24 AM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/glittergn/congratulations/congrats022.gif

:worship::worship::worship:
Never in doubt sir!!!
:woohoo:

WELL DONE FER!!!
:aparty:

VerdASSco
08-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Was it played outdoor?

Really happy with all the tiebreak wins this week and the tournament obviously - looking good for the Open. He's done everything he could have wanted to this year with the GS semi, some more good davis cup matches and then now a title.

Jenrios
08-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Huge congrats and snogs to Fer!!!!!!

Corina2605
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Congrats to Fer, I am very happy for him and all his supporters (yes, I am also one of them) :)

Good luck for the US Open, vamos :)

Sommarsverige
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
I am a little late, cos I was at my sisters birthday party all day, but I am soooooooooooo very happy Fer won the tournament :bounce: :bounce:

Soooooooo very proud of our chico and I really hope he can play as good at the US Open :worship:

FlameOn
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Wrong thread but since there's no 'cheering thread' for his Malaysia tournament but I haven't been able to watch him. I heard he hasn't fixed the foot and I don't know if I like him going from Malaysia to a Masters Series in Beijing. He seems to be all about the YEC at the moment which is fine but hopefully he won't overdo it? :shrug:

When would he have some time to fix the foot?

Sommarsverige
10-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Wrong thread but since there's no 'cheering thread' for his Malaysia tournament but I haven't been able to watch him. I heard he hasn't fixed the foot and I don't know if I like him going from Malaysia to a Masters Series in Beijing. He seems to be all about the YEC at the moment which is fine but hopefully he won't overdo it? :shrug:

When would he have some time to fix the foot?

I heard an interview with him yesterday on youtube and there he said that he will fix his foot after the DC final in december! He says he has no problems at the moment and wants to gain as many points as possible to qualify for the Masters in London!

FlameOn
10-04-2009, 12:18 AM
I heard an interview with him yesterday on youtube and there he said that he will fix his foot after the DC final in december! He says he has no problems at the moment and wants to gain as many points as possible to qualify for the Masters in London!
Well that's alright then. The 's' word (surgery that is) sounded rather scary but it's obviously something minor. He seems to be moving fine and playing well. :D Good luck in the finals! Bad matchup for him but no matter what happens a final is good. :yeah:

FlameOn
10-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Fer lost his third final this year but it's still another first - three finals in one year for the first time. Hope he does well in Beijing, and hopefully there'll be a proper cheering thread for that one. :D

Linyun
10-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I am a little bit disappointed for his lose to Davydenko. I thought he could get his second title of this year when he defeat González in two sets. And I am worried about his physical in Beijing.

Sommarsverige
10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I am also a little sad Fer lost today, especially as I really dislike Davydenko....

Good luck for Bejing :worship:

FlameOn
10-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Alright, so he lost to my other top fave Nole in the quarters *sigh*. But the good news is, he's looking very very good to qualify for London, as long as he keeps the consistency going just a little while longer. :yeah: He's been pretty disappointing against the top 5 this year but I know he can beat them, I just hope that he doesn't stop believing. Beating the other Top players is really he only thing holding him back right now, apart from that he's been solid as a rock all year. If he goes to London it could be his big chance to prove himself if he's willing to go for it. :yeah:

I guess it's on to Shanghai now. Will face either Ljubicic or Benneteau in the second round, could face possibly Hewitt or Monfils in the 3R, and is in Nadal's quarter. Vamos Fer! :bounce:

Linyun
10-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I saw the whole match. He had serious physical problem in the 3rd set.And he wasn't in his good day in that match. He got lots of forehand errors.But he played well in the net! Although he lost to Nole for 5 times, I still think he could have chance to defeat him!

Shanghai will be tough.Good luck,Nando!

FlameOn
10-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I saw the whole match. He had serious physical problem in the 3rd set.And he wasn't in his good day in that match. He got lots of forehand errors.But he played well in the net! Although he lost to Nole for 5 times, I still think he could have chance to defeat him!

Shanghai will be tough.Good luck,Nando!
Physical problem? What was that? I hope he'll be alright for Shanghai. :scared:

Linyun
10-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Physical problem? What was that? I hope he'll be alright for Shanghai. :scared:

He looked very very tired and had problem in moving in the 3rd set! I hope his right leg is alright!

FlameOn
10-10-2009, 01:40 PM
He looked very very tired and had problem in moving in the 3rd set! I hope his right leg is alright!
I'm sure he'll be alright. :) He's played through some injuries this year and still done pretty well. If there's a bit of a leg issue he'll probably be taking the time he has left right now before Shanghai to rest as much as he can. :) He's so close to qualify for London, he's not gonna let up now. :D

VerdASSco
10-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I think this is his best chance ever to beat Nadal. Hope he takes it.

FlameOn
10-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I think this is his best chance ever to beat Nadal. Hope he takes it.
Yeah, Fer really needs that big win. A win over Nadal would do him the world of good mentally as it would make up for all the disappointments of so many losses to the Top 5 this year (he's had lots of opportunities in many of those matches), and maybe it would ease his nerves when facing the Top 5 in the future which I think would result in better success against them. Which of course would mean he could make more slam quarters and semis and many other successes. :hearts:

I wish Nando had decided to become such a good player when he was a few years younger lol. I'm sure we all feel that way, but better late than never. :yeah:

Jenrios
10-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Good luck Fer! I so want him to qualify for London!

VerdASSco
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I agree - if Fer was 22 people would be talking about him as a possible slam winner. But I'm glad that he wants to play for a good few more years so we can enjoy him and hopefully I can see him play at least once a year.

FlameOn
10-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I agree - if Fer was 22 people would be talking about him as a possible slam winner. But I'm glad that he wants to play for a good few more years so we can enjoy him and hopefully I can see him play at least once a year.
I know, this is what bugs me. :sad: He's made a semi and a quarter this year though. I won't get my hopes up about actually winning a slam but a confident Fer can beat anybody, we've seen it.

FlameOn
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I just discover he's playing doubles with Feli (as I type this in fact). He's crazy, if he had leg problems against Djokovic just a few days ago he needs to conserve energy and focus on singles which is most important right now...

Then again maybe he's been resting his leg since Beijing and has missed a bit of practice, so playing doubles with Feli is his way of practicing. :shrug: Oh well, he knows what he's doing. :)

FlameOn
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Fer and Feli won their first round of doubles against Monaco/Robredo 7-5, 7-6(5). :woohoo:

VerdASSco
10-12-2009, 04:47 PM
It'll be davis cup prep so it's understandable if not that wise a move.

but-it's-ok
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Fer and Feli won their first round of doubles against Monaco/Robredo 7-5, 7-6(5). :woohoo:

:wavey: You post in Nole's Forum too right?

I kind of expected that,I questioned the wisdom of Pico playing doubles in this event as he had problems with a hip injury last week. Well done anyway Fer and Feli:yeah:

FlameOn
10-12-2009, 11:02 PM
:wavey: You post in Nole's Forum too right?

I kind of expected that,I questioned the wisdom of Pico playing doubles in this event as he had problems with a hip injury last week. Well done anyway Fer and Feli:yeah:
Yep, Nole's forum's a lot more alive than this one lol. :wavey:

Carlita
10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
well, that was quick.... :awww: 2nd round exit to Ljubicic. 4-6 6-7

I hope he doesnt put too much strain on his injury just so he can play in London......

Linyun
10-14-2009, 11:16 AM
He was defeated by Ljubicic,what a great disappointment!! Somebody who has watched the match told me he looked unexcited even he broken Ljubicic's serving for match. I don't know what's the problem on him. Tiredness? After 3 weeks' back to back.

Linyun
10-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Has he still get the chance to London? Tsonga and Soderling are playing well these days. I am a little concerned about his qualification to London.

There are must be lots of horrible words about Nando in "General",so I must ignore them.

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Fer!!:awww::sad:

:hug:for all his fans here.

Carlita
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM
He was defeated by Ljubicic,what a great disappointment!! Somebody who has watched the match told me he looked unexcited even he broken Ljubicic's serving for match. I don't know what's the problem on him. Tiredness? After 3 weeks' back to back.he's not 100% fit.... Postponed a surgery to try and get points for London... so my guess is that, at some point, his injury will catch up with him. And today might just be a "bad day at the office". We all have that sometime and he's not a robot....so... Fingers crossed he will still make it.:D

Linyun
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
He retired his double match. Feil will play against Melzer tommorrow.Maybe he want to concentrate on his single match.

FlameOn
10-14-2009, 01:29 PM
he's not 100% fit.... Postponed a surgery to try and get points for London... so my guess is that, at some point, his injury will catch up with him. And today might just be a "bad day at the office". We all have that sometime and he's not a robot....so... Fingers crossed he will still make it.:D
Hola Carlita. :wavey: Good holiday I hope. :D

I'm a bit disappointed with this result obviously. But since we won New Haven in September he's been solid as ever. QFs of the US Open, finals of Kuala Lumpur, and QFs most recently in Beijing. He's been playing really really great. A lapse like this from time-to-time is forgivable.

He was also very angry in this match, which made me a bit sad, but like you said he's not a robot, and this was very out-of-character for him so it's OK. :yeah:

As for the race, although this is forgivable as this was his first early exit in three months, this wasn't a very good time with 4 guys so close Nando in the race. I'll be gutted if he doesn't make it to London. :(

...But I still think he will. :)

FlameOn
10-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Has he still get the chance to London? Tsonga and Soderling are playing well these days. I am a little concerned about his qualification to London.

There are must be lots of horrible words about Nando in "General",so I must ignore them.
Yeah, some people over on General Messages are absolutely nuts. Honestly I don't know what their problem is. It's a bit funny actually, 'cause they say all these horrible things about him but there's no reason for it at all. It's a load of bullshit. :lol:

but-it's-ok
10-14-2009, 02:02 PM
How people can hate other players,posters when they don't even know them is beyond pathetic!!:(

Carlita
10-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah, some people over on General Messages are absolutely nuts. Honestly I don't know what their problem is. It's a bit funny actually, 'cause they say all these horrible things about him but there's no reason for it at all. It's a load of bullshit. :lol:Don't go to GM!! :lol: Coz if you believe all they say in there :tape: Also, they bash him left and right... so it's really a sad bunch in there :tape:

Maybe it was an off day... maybe he was angry coz he's not 100% fit and it's hampering him :shrug: As long as he listens to his body...enough is enough.... the fact he retired from the doubles says more than enough imo.

FlameOn
10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Don't go to GM!! :lol: Coz if you believe all they say in there :tape: Also, they bash him left and right... so it's really a sad bunch in there :tape:

Maybe it was an off day... maybe he was angry coz he's not 100% fit and it's hampering him :shrug: As long as he listens to his body...enough is enough.... the fact he retired from the doubles says more than enough imo.
Right, and now he has...two weeks before Paris Masters? Should be alright in that case. :) That'll be a good amount of time to freshen up again and be ready to defend his #7 spot in the race. :D

Carlita
10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
first Valencia :), and who knows if he tries to play another before that....

FlameOn
10-14-2009, 02:50 PM
first Valencia :), and who knows if he tries to play another before that....
Do you know what date Valencia starts?

Carlita
10-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Do you know what date Valencia starts? November 2 :)

FlameOn
10-14-2009, 03:12 PM
November 2 :)
Oh well Paris Masters is further away than I thought lol. I guess two weeks after Shanghai Masters is a little soon. ;) That's good. Still plenty of time to rest up.

VerdASSco
10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
He was defeated by Ljubicic,what a great disappointment!! Somebody who has watched the match told me he looked unexcited even he broken Ljubicic's serving for match. I don't know what's the problem on him. Tiredness? After 3 weeks' back to back.

That's not true - he was pumped after breaking Ljub back and then was really passionate through all that I saw - usually berating himself - and really wanted to win. Maybe he put too much pressure on himself.

Lindsay Davenport had what I believe to be the same foot injury as Fer back in 2003 and she delayed the surgery on it til the end of that year and said that it was easy to recover from and made a massive difference and she went on to have a great '04 season so I think even though it's fine to put off for a while he'll come back a lot fresher in '10 in body and mind.

I still think he'll make London and this was a tough draw but I really want to see Fer play Nadal as in each of the meetings this year he's brought out some amazing tennis.

People hate him because he's pretty.

FlameOn
10-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Whatever, I know I shouldn't get caught up in what the haters say, it just annoys me that's all. :rolleyes:

Linyun
10-15-2009, 01:52 AM
That's not true - he was pumped after breaking Ljub back and then was really passionate through all that I saw - usually berating himself - and really wanted to win. Maybe he put too much pressure on himself.

Lindsay Davenport had what I believe to be the same foot injury as Fer back in 2003 and she delayed the surgery on it til the end of that year and said that it was easy to recover from and made a massive difference and she went on to have a great '04 season so I think even though it's fine to put off for a while he'll come back a lot fresher in '10 in body and mind.

I still think he'll make London and this was a tough draw but I really want to see Fer play Nadal as in each of the meetings this year he's brought out some amazing tennis.

People hate him because he's pretty.

You are right.He put too much pressure on himself! From the website http://www.fernandoverdasco.net/, we can know that he was too concerned about the points about the qualification to London.It in't good really!!I think it's the time for him to calm down. He still have big chance if he can play well in París and Valencia.

VerdASSco
10-15-2009, 01:52 PM
It's pretty likely that he'll qualifiy - he'll obviously have just wanted to make sure of it this week.

safinafan
10-15-2009, 04:03 PM
we can say they are having a china fever
victims:
jmdp
roddick
haas
monfils
and now ljubicic beats nando. ljubicic winning these days is something very hard to do :(

VerdASSco
10-20-2009, 09:34 AM
In the race to London's final, Soderling stands behind Spain's Fernando Verdasco, who is looking at property in Las Vegas and training for the next fortnight with Gil Reyes, former fitness guru of Andre Agassi.

Am I right in thinking that Gil Reyes is a fitness trainer not tennis coach? I really don't think Fer needs to be any bigger or fitter but needs to be working on his tennis and I think the extreme nature of Gil Reyes' training at this point of the season could be to Fer's detriment.

FlameOn
10-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Am I right in thinking that Gil Reyes is a fitness trainer not tennis coach? I really don't think Fer needs to be any bigger or fitter but needs to be working on his tennis and I think the extreme nature of Gil Reyes' training at this point of the season could be to Fer's detriment.
Him doing Reyes' training with foot and tendinitis (why he withdrew from doubles in Shanghai) injuries is a bit worrying I must admit, but I think we'll just have to trust him. I'm sure that he won't push himself too hard and even if he wasn't in Vegas he still wouldn't be playing any tournaments, so he might as well be doing something. :D

Oh by the way about that thread in GM, I don't think that I got too much trouble. :D In fact I was quite pleasantly surprised. Many posters who I've never even seen said that they like Fer and that the haters are just jealous. I was asking for trouble a little bit but I didn't really get any. :D

Carlita
10-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Give GM some time to really fuck up the thread... coz they will... I already see some nasty posts... the thread is asking for trouble :o and a waste of energy asking this. People hate winners.... (look at Roger, Rafa, Novak....)

FlameOn
10-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Give GM some time to really fuck up the thread... coz they will... I already see some nasty posts... the thread is asking for trouble :o and a waste of energy asking this. People hate winners.... (look at Roger, Rafa, Novak....)
Hey, you're administrator. Feel free to delete it if you want since I can't. You have my permission. In fact since it makes us Verdasco-fans feel uncomfortable, go on and delete it. In fact I'd like you do. :D

Carlita
10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey, you're administrator. Feel free to delete it if you want since I can't. You have my permission. In fact since it makes us Verdasco-fans feel uncomfortable, go on and delete it. In fact I'd like you do. :D
Okay, it doesn't have to go :lol: but I'll move it out of sight ;) so if you want it back, just tell me :)

FlameOn
10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Okay, it doesn't have to go :lol: but I'll move it out of sight ;) so if you want it back, just tell me :)
Alright, well that's that problem solved then. :) Now us Verdasco-fans can rest easy.

A week and a half before he begins his last charge towards London. :rocker2: I'm beginning to feel pretty good about it now. Even if Soderling wins Stockholm, he's still behind Fer's points by over 100, and the odds of him outperforming Nando in both Valencia and Paris aren't that great I'd say. :)

VerdASSco
10-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd maybe disagree about Soderling underperforming Fer but after Soderling's weird loss to Lopez, I have a lot less faith in his abilities.

FlameOn
10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I'd maybe disagree about Soderling underperforming Fer but after Soderling's weird loss to Lopez, I have a lot less faith in his abilities.
Yep, and I don't know if he'll underperform Fer but I doubt he'll significantly overperform him which he'd need to do if he was to pass him in the race. :yeah:

FlameOn
11-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Right, let's look at Fer's draw. I think it's a reasonably tricky draw.

2nd Round he could face Tipsarevic who recently made final in Moscow and is in good form, then in the third round, possibly Feli, or Robredo. Robredo I'd be especially weary of as his ability to chase down so many shots could frustrate Fer a bit. Then Murray in the semifinals which would be the toughest of all. I think Fer should shoot for the semis and see how it goes beyond that.

VerdASSco
11-01-2009, 02:56 PM
As I said re Nadal is Shanghai, this is a prime opportunity to get a win over one of the big 4 as Murray hasn't played since the Open. I think the draw is ok and I expect him to perform well at home.

FlameOn
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
As I said re Nadal is Shanghai, this is a prime opportunity to get a win over one of the big 4 as Murray hasn't played since the Open. I think the draw is ok and I expect him to perform well at home.
I hope you're right. :yeah:

I'm way too paranoid honestly. I'm always afraid he's gonna lose every time he plays a match. :lol:

Linyun
11-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Soderling is out from Valencia,so this is big chance for Nando!!

Carlita
11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
:bounce: VAMOS FER :bounce:

Sommarsverige
11-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Yes, vamos Fer :yeah:

tedlesurfeur
11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
I've seen Fer play in the asian swing, and he seems to be really tired. I don't think he'll make it to London finals.

Am I saying this to annoy Carlita ? :lol: No, actually, this is what I think :p
By the way, S., is Fiber the Fiber I think he is ? :lol:

Carlita
11-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I've seen Fer play in the asian swing, and he seems to be really tired. I don't think he'll make it to London finals.

By the way, S., is Fiber the Fiber I think he is ? :lol:Maybe he is tired, maybe not... he needs a footoperation...so that pain in the foot is not helping matters here.

Annoy me? Why would it annoy me? :rolls:

Fiber... hmm.. which Fiber do you think he is? :scratch: :haha:

JolánGagó
11-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Carlita: my avy is bigger, and my wig too :p

(sorry, can't rep you so often, im just a simple poster with no special rights :rolleyes:)

tedlesurfeur
11-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Maybe he is tired, maybe not... he needs a footoperation...so that pain in the foot is not helping matters here.

Annoy me? Why would it annoy me? :rolls:

Fiber... hmm.. which Fiber do you think he is? :scratch: :haha:

well, he said hi to me, so it's the Fiber I know :lol:

Carlita
11-03-2009, 07:08 PM
well, he said hi to me, so it's the Fiber I know :lol:I only know one Fiber so it must be him then :lol:

Carlita: my avy is bigger, and my wig too :p

(sorry, can't rep you so often, im just a simple poster with no special rights :rolleyes:)hehehe, no it's not :p

awwww :hug: poor you

FlameOn
11-03-2009, 10:52 PM

By the way, S., is Fiber the Fiber I think he is ? :lol:
Do you mean he won't make the finals of London (which would be quite an accomplishment)? Or that he won't make it to London full-stop? :confused:

He's had a couple of weeks away from the court, so I'm sure he'll be fresh enough to do OK for the next couple of weeks. Plus there's a week after the Paris Masters before London anyway.

Fer will push himself even if he his tired. ;) The thing I most hope after London is that he'll be OK for the Davis Cup final.

I can't wait till next year where he won't have this stupid foot injury and hopefully do even better than this year. :o

tedlesurfeur
11-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Do you mean he won't make the finals of London (which would be quite an accomplishment)? Or that he won't make it to London full-stop? :confused:

He's had a couple of weeks away from the court, so I'm sure he'll be fresh enough to do OK for the next couple of weeks. Plus there's a week after the Paris Masters before London anyway.

Fer will push himself even if he his tired. ;) The thing I most hope after London is that he'll be OK for the Davis Cup final.

I can't wait till next year where he won't have this stupid foot injury and hopefully do even better than this year. :o

I meant he won't qualify. He'll be an alternate though. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, we'll see.

Don't expect too much for next year because he has a semifinal to defend at the AO to begin with, and it won't be an easy task.
Not sure he can do better than this year. I think he played A LOT this year. Maybe that explains the injuries.
He won't be able to rest too much as he will play the Davis Cup finals.. so I don't know how he's going to start 2010.

I think he'll pay for his pushing his limits from 2009. Players usually get backlashes 6 months after. It's like when they train, they usually get the benefits from their training on the long term. Not right away.

FlameOn
11-04-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't know why you think he definitely won't qualify :confused:.

Soderling's out of contention right now and so won't even have the chance to pass Fer at the moment, and the amount of points Gonzalez is behind, even if he won Basel it wouldn't be enough to catch up. If Fer makes a couple of decent runs in Valencia and Paris, it will take something almighty to stop him from qualifying.

I don't think playing too much has been the cause of his injuries either. If it's the same foot injury as the one he stopped playing after AO for a couple of weeks, he's pretty much had the injury all year. Not only that but look at how many tours some of the guys have all played and there are some real tournament whores, but Fer isn't one of them.

As for the abdominal problem, Nadal had one also during the US Open despite hardly having played at all leading up.

Honestly I think you're being a bit negative. Either that or you're worrying about worst case scenario too much. It's OK though, I do that all the time. :D

tedlesurfeur
11-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I don't know why you think he definitely won't qualify :confused:.

Soderling's out of contention right now and so won't even have the chance to pass Fer at the moment, and the amount of points Gonzalez is behind, even if he won Basel it wouldn't be enough to catch up. If Fer makes a couple of decent runs in Valencia and Paris, it will take something almighty to stop him from qualifying.

Everything will be decided in Bercy. This is a masters 1000. Soderling will play there. It will depend on how far they both go. Soderling has almost nothing to defend and can do some damage there. Should he reach the semi (et should Fer lose early) I think the swede will qualify (I think). Not sure though.

FlameOn
11-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Everything will be decided in Bercy. This is a masters 1000. Soderling will play there. It will depend on how far they both go. Soderling has almost nothing to defend and can do some damage there. Should he reach the semi (et should Fer lose early) I think the swede will qualify (I think). Not sure though.
There are chances for Soderling but yeah I guess we'll see. :)

Carlita
11-04-2009, 01:07 PM
:bounce: Suerte Fer!! :bounce:

I like Oscar, but not today :lol: vamooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos :woohoo:

Carlita
11-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Fer wins 6-1 0-1 ret

Poor Oscar :hug: hope it's not too serious and he'll feel better soon.

Good luck against Tips Fer! :bounce:

tedlesurfeur
11-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Ajde Tipsy !!! :lol: Oops :eek:

Carlita
11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Ajde Tipsy !!! :lol: Oops :eek:TED!!!! Wrong forum:p

normally I wouldn't really mind if Tips won, just now Fer needs to points to qualify for London... so the lovely Tips needs to lose gracefully :angel:

tedlesurfeur
11-04-2009, 07:43 PM
TED!!!! Wrong forum:p

normally I wouldn't really mind if Tips won, just now Fer needs to points to qualify for London... so the lovely Tips needs to lose gracefully :angel:

Yeah, but I like to post where you post. Can't help it :lol:
I know I could go to Tipsy's sub, but I'm scared :scared: who's over there?

Carlita
11-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, but I like to post where you post. Can't help it :lol:
I know I could go to Tipsy's sub, but I'm scared :scared: who's over there?:unsure: stay here :lol: it's safer :p

or is it? :devil:

tedlesurfeur
11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
I like to be protected by my favorite adminitita Carlitita :love love love:
I don't know if I'm gonna go to Tipsy's, but I am to go to Nole's, see if I happen to meet a friend of ours over there :lol:

FlameOn
11-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Too bad for Oscar, but I'm also glad 'cause Nando will be fresher for R2.

J-W Tsonga also had to retire in the first round of Valencia. So neither he or Soderling can gain any points this week. Virtually this makes Gonzalez his only rival at the moment, and even then winning Basel wouldn't be enough for him to catch up. :bounce:

Carlita
11-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I like to be protected by my favorite adminitita Carlitita :love love love: :awww: :kiss:
I don't know if I'm gonna go to Tipsy's, but I am to go to Nole's, see if I happen to meet a friend of ours over there :lol: Im sure you will! Even more than one! :lol:

tedlesurfeur
11-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Too bad for Oscar, but I'm also glad 'cause Nando will be fresher for R2.

J-W Tsonga also had to retire in the first round of Valencia. So neither he or Soderling can gain any points this week. Virtually this makes Gonzalez his only rival at the moment, and even then winning Basel wouldn't be enough for him to catch up. :bounce:

Well he had to retire because he was nothing left in the tank, because he played stupid 250-Lyon last week to please the French Federation :lol: Youzhny did his job, and Tsonga couldn't compete physically after a while, hence his retirement. He should have skipped either Lyon or Valencia. Now I'm pretty sure he won't win Bercy and certainly won't qualify.

The last spot will be between Fer and Soderling for sure. :worship:

ps : this post needs a good rep, totally :lol:

FlameOn
11-05-2009, 09:42 AM
After I posted my last post, Gonzalez lost in the first round of Basel. :eek: Looks like it'll be down to just Verdasco and Sodering like you say. But Fer will still have the huge advantage.

Carlita
11-05-2009, 01:44 PM
:haha: I put 1000 vCash on Tips to win :tape: :o

tedlesurfeur
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
:haha: I put 1000 vCash on Tips to win :tape: :o

I thought you didn't use those :speakles:

Carlita
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
I thought you didn't use those :speakles:not much.....every now and then I will use some of the money. How do you think I got 116,000 ?! You want some? :D

Xristos
11-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Vamooos!

tedlesurfeur
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
not much.....every now and then I will use some of the money. How do you think I got 116,000 ?! You want some? :D

What for :lol: I'm not vBetting :angel: My hands are clean, no dirty cash.

tedlesurfeur
11-05-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm amazed at Fer's effects :speakles: The ball must be so hard to return :speakles:

Carlita
11-05-2009, 04:26 PM
What for :lol: I'm not vBetting :angel: My hands are clean, no dirty cash.my cash is not dirty :ras:

tedlesurfeur
11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm amazed at Fer's effects :speakles: The ball must be so hard to return :speakles:

I just had to say that and he lost two games in a row, and is really less effective :lol:

I jinx players :speakles:

tedlesurfeur
11-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I just had to say that and he lost two games in a row, and is really less effective :lol:

I jinx players :speakles:

He eventually wins 63 63 ... too bad :lol: I like Janko.
Anyway there were some really nice points from Verdasco. He can win the title I guess. 7 aces. 78% points won on first serve; 66% first serve in.
4 break points converted, good stats overall

(this is a good post --> good rep me) :lol:

Carlita
11-05-2009, 04:45 PM
well done Fer!! :bounce:

Ted!!! Stop fishing for reps :rolls: but, you got one :devil:

tedlesurfeur
11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
well done Fer!! :bounce:

Ted!!! Stop fishing for reps :rolls: but, you got one :devil:

You bad repped me !!! :lol:

O mother of hatred and fortune, mark my words, hear my prayer, I beseech thee :lol: make Carlita see the red of the rep she gave me !! May her turmoil be endless in times :lol: I cursed you :devil:

Carlita
11-05-2009, 05:21 PM
You bad repped me !!! :lol:

O mother of hatred and fortune, mark my words, hear my prayer, I beseech thee :lol: make Carlita see the red of the rep she gave me !! May her turmoil be endless in times :lol: I cursed you :devil:good thing I believe in Karma :kiss:

FlameOn
11-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Yes, well done Fer! :kiss:

Looks like he's playing pretty well, and this is his 50th match win this season. Most wins he's ever got in a season. :bowdown:

Carlita
11-06-2009, 10:35 AM
:bounce: go Fer!! Please beat Tommy :bounce: (sorry Tommy :p )

FlameOn
11-06-2009, 10:48 AM
It's OK Carlita. I'm sure Tommy understands that there's a World Tour Finals at stake here. :devil:

Carlita
11-06-2009, 11:13 AM
maybe he does, but I do still like Tommy to give it all. Fer should WIN, not be handed a victory ;)

FlameOn
11-06-2009, 11:27 AM
maybe he does, but I do still like Tommy to give it all. Fer should WIN, not be handed a victory ;)
I feel the same way. I too want Fer to earn all his wins. :p I'd be more worried about him being handed the match if he was playing Feli. ;)

FlameOn
11-06-2009, 08:23 PM
And Fer made a victim of Robredo. Great first and second serve stats. :bounce: 70% for both.

Now let's see what he can do against Murray. :yeah:

Carlita
11-06-2009, 09:36 PM
:bigclap: well done Fer :D

Now make mince meat of Murray please :devil: :fiery: :armed: :unsure:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Gifs/Mauridia_23.gif

FlameOn
11-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Only trouble is if he beats Murray he'd still have to probably beat Davydenko in the final. :rolleyes: Unless Youzhny beats him. :devil:

VerdASSco
11-07-2009, 08:59 AM
VAMOS!!!!!!1111

Don't let us down today, Fer.

Drew Fed for possible QF in Paris.

tedlesurfeur
11-07-2009, 09:15 AM
:bigclap: well done Fer :D

Now make mince meat of Murray please :devil: :fiery: :armed: :unsure:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/Gifs/Mauridia_23.gif

Don't count on that. Murray knows how to play Verdasco.

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Excuse me but why are you here if you are always saying how much you expect Fer to lose? First he won't qualify for London (which he almost surely has now) and now you're discouraging his chances against Murray. :(

I think he has great chances against Murray. If their respective forms seem to suggest, if Fer can keep his head screwed on (which is his biggest hurdle against the top players) he can win.

Vamos Fer!

Gl3nnVD
11-07-2009, 01:31 PM

Yes, we saw that in the AO... Fer can definitely win it if he keeps his cool. Vamos Fer!

Carlita
11-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Don't count on that. Murray knows how to play Verdasco.Im not counting on it :lol: but it would be great and we both know he can beat Andy so.... :nerner: :kiss:

tedlesurfeur
11-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Excuse me but why are you here if you are always saying how much you expect Fer to lose? First he won't qualify for London (which he almost surely has now) and now you're discouraging his chances against Murray. :(

I think he has great chances against Murray. If their respective forms seem to suggest, if Fer can keep his head screwed on (which is his biggest hurdle against the top players) he can win!

Let me get things straight :lol: I like Fer. I'm just trying to be objective and I speak my mind. What kind of posts do you expect ? Only 'vamoos Fer!!!' ??? :confused:
It's not because I say I think he'll lose that it means I don't like or respect him as a player.
I'm not sure I understand you.
I just want to watch a good match tonight. Not a 6-2 6-2 match, but rather a thriller !! That's why I love tennis !! I hope it'll go 3 sets, may the better player win.

Yes, we saw that in the AO... Fer can definitely win it if he keeps his cool. Vamos Fer!

In the AO, he was on fire. He can win today as well, but it'll be harder. Murray leads their H2H by 6-1. He just knows how to play Fer, mixing it up.

Im not counting on it :lol: but it would be great and we both know he can beat Andy so.... :nerner: :kiss:

:angel:

Carlita
11-07-2009, 04:06 PM
:lol: I just put 1500 vCash on Fer :rolls: :rocker2: VAMOS!!!

Yes Ted, you need to start vamossing too :D :haha:

a great match would be fantastic. So, Fer in 3 then ? :angel:

tedlesurfeur
11-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Yes, I just wish both players can be at their best Vam'On !!!

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Down a break in the first set. :|

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 07:35 PM
He DFed to give Murray first set. This isn't looking good. It's looking like all his other matches against the top 4 this year. I love supporting Fer but I do wish he'd learn he doesn't have to get so tight when playing the top players...:(

Carlita
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Fer needs to calm down and stop talking! :shout: FOCUS

wow, that was a nice gift.... now hold serve and take the 2nd set :)

:bounce:

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Let me get things straight :lol: I like Fer. I'm just trying to be objective and I speak my mind. What kind of posts do you expect ? Only 'vamoos Fer!!!' ??? :confused:
It's not because I say I think he'll lose that it means I don't like or respect him as a player.
I'm not sure I understand you.
I just want to watch a good match tonight. Not a 6-2 6-2 match, but rather a thriller !! That's why I love tennis !! I hope it'll go 3 sets, may the better player win.

In the AO, he was on fire. He can win today as well, but it'll be harder. Murray leads their H2H by 6-1. He just knows how to play Fer, mixing it up.

:angel:
Hi, sorry Tedle. I guess I'm not used to such objectivity here. :p Most of us are blind fangirls/boys. :lol:

All I ask is that you try to put a more positive spin on your posts. :)

Murray knows how to play Verdasco but Nando could still win if he plays well :bounce:. Vamos Fer!

Just an example of how you could still post objectively but still as biased towards Fer as possible. :p

Carlita
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi, sorry Tedle. I guess I'm not used to such objectivity here. :p Most of us are blind fangirls/boys. :lol: :unsure: speak for yourself please :lol: LOL
All I ask is that you try to put a more positive spin on your posts. :)
:p being objective is not being negative ;)

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Nando needs first serves. :mad:

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
:unsure: speak for yourself please :lol: LOL
being objective is not being negative ;)
You're siding with him? :ras:

Nah, alright fine objective isn't negative, I'm just too sensitive. And I just rhymed. :haha:

tedlesurfeur
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I'm no troll :lol: I do NOT want Murray to crush Nando, and I respect both players. I just want a good match, and I think Murray will win

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I'm no troll :lol: I do NOT want Murray to crush Nando, and I respect both players. I just want a good match, and I think Murray will win
:yeah: You bring something different to the forum than "Vamos Fer!". I think you should stick around.

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Dammit, I have to go. So I'll have to come home and see the result post-match. :mad: Nando better not fold if he wins the second set. :armed:

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 08:04 PM
4-1 to Nando! :bounce:

This better not be like the Djokovic match where he won the second 6-1 and then lost by the same scoreline in the third set. :o

Carlita
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM
You're siding with him? :ras:

:haha: I guess I am.... :shrug: he's not doing anything wrong. And as long as people are not trolling they can post their opinion here. No need to be happy cheery and agree with everything Fer does... I dont LOL When he starts to talk and swear I want to smack him coz 9 out of 10 times it means he's going to fuck up....

Also if Fer plays well and he beats Andy today Im sure Ted will be happy for him as well (or at least a little bit :lol: )

Carlita
11-07-2009, 08:06 PM
5-1 :D Vamos Fer!!! Keep this going in set no.3 please! *hides*

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Serve it out well please Nando. No getting nervous. :shout:

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I guess I am.... :shrug: he's not doing anything wrong. And as long as people are not trolling they can post their opinion here. No need to be happy cheery and agree with everything Fer does... I dont LOL When he starts to talk and swear I want to smack him coz 9 out of 10 times it means he's going to fuck up....

Also if Fer plays well and he beats Andy today Im sure Ted will be happy for him as well (or at least a little bit :lol: )
It's OK, Tedle has grown on me a bit. It's nice to have a more objective poster. :D

Fer served out set 2 nice and strong. :bounce:

I fear for Set 3 though, how's Murray going to respond?

tedlesurfeur
11-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Please, call me Ted (not Tedle) :hatoff:
And yes, my posts will never be reduced to only "vamos" or "come on" or "davai" :lol:
I always try to bring forth my perspective on things, or.. sometimes I tease my friends :lol:

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Please, call me Ted (not Tedle) :hatoff:
And yes, my posts will never be reduced to only "vamos" or "come on" or "davai" :lol:
I always try to bring forth my perspective on things, or.. sometimes I tease my friends :lol:
OK, Ted's fine. :)

Carlita
11-07-2009, 08:38 PM
sometimes I tease my friends :lol: surely not :p hehehe

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Nando just held after saving like 4 or 5 BPs. :rocker2:

Carlita
11-07-2009, 09:13 PM
3-6 6-2 3-6 :awww: crap! Why so impatient Fer?! :sobbing:

good luck for next week! :bounce:

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 09:23 PM
3-6 6-2 3-6 :awww: crap! Why so impatient Fer?! :sobbing:

good luck for next week! :bounce:
It's so hard to stay positive when he keeps losing to the top players Carlita. :sad: After so many matches, he just never seems to learn. :(

Carlita
11-07-2009, 09:28 PM
It's so hard to stay positive when he keeps losing to the top players Carlita. :sad: After so many matches, he just never seems to learn. :( maybe he's not meant to beat them :shrug: I dont know, Im not going negative on him coz he won't beat the top 4...... we all know he can, he knows he can.... so it will happen when all is right ;)

FlameOn
11-07-2009, 09:30 PM
maybe he's not meant to beat them :shrug: I dont know, Im not going negative on him coz he won't beat the top 4...... we all know he can, he knows he can.... so it will happen when all is right ;)
I'm not going negative either, just disappointed about today's loss. Maybe in London he'll finally get his big win. :bounce:

tedlesurfeur
11-07-2009, 09:39 PM
It's so hard to stay positive when he keeps losing to the top players Carlita. :sad: After so many matches, he just never seems to learn. :(

Well, I have to admit it was a close one. I said I thought Murray would win, but by that, I meant I thought Murray would win by playing better tennis..

which was not the case !!! The match was actually in Fer's hands today !! Murray didn't play well at all. I think Verdasco could have won that one. He just managed to lose control and couldn't cut short the errors. Why, oh why, is he so impatient at times?

It's frustrating for both players. Not a good match to watch, from both sides. Only mental stength got Murray to hand in there in the third and eventually prevail while Nando choked.

However, Nando showed some good stuff on court. If he keeps it up, he can qualify for the London Finals.

FlameOn
11-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Well, I have to admit it was a close one. I said I thought Murray would win, but by that, I meant I thought Murray would win by playing better tennis..

which was not the case !!! The match was actually in Fer's hands today !! Murray didn't play well at all. I think Verdasco could have won that one. He just managed to lose control and couldn't cut short the errors. Why, oh why, is he so impatient at times?

It's frustrating for both players. Not a good match to watch, from both sides. Only mental stength got Murray to hand in there in the third and eventually prevail while Nando choked.

However, Nando showed some good stuff on court. If he keeps it up, he can qualify for the London Finals.
Yes, I guess now that the dust has settled a bit I can see that he bounced back nicely from his Ljubicic loss in Shanghai. He has played some good tennis this week.

His performance against the top players is frustrating but on the plus side, it'll make the victory much sweeter when it does finally happen. :)

I remember after Wimbledon where he took a small holiday and came back, he struggled for a couple of tournaments and I wrote him off a bit but then he won 9 matches in a row in winning New Haven and reaching the USO quarters. So I've learned not to count him out. :)

Ted, I hope you stick around. :D :hatoff:

Jenrios
11-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Congrats to Fer on a great week! Bon Chance for Paris!

FlameOn
11-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Right, so Fer will first face Seppi. :bounce:

Should be winnable.

FlameOn
11-11-2009, 12:01 AM
No more responses? Fer def. Seppi 6-7, 6-4, 6-4. It was tough but he pulled through. :bounce: This is a significant victory. He won despite not playing very well (except at the very start and very end of the match). :D I don't think that the pre-2009 Fer would've been able to pull through this match.

VerdASSco
11-11-2009, 08:09 AM
He's clearly been affected by his loss in Valencia but hopefully after this match - where he'd just arrived from Spain and hadn't had many days off - he'll get himself together and get back to best for Cilic.

FlameOn
11-11-2009, 08:26 AM
If Fer plays like he did against Seppi, Cilic would be tougher, but if Fer's playing well, Cilic will be nothing he can't handle. At least I don't think so. I think he'll step it up, reading quotes from after the match he's very determined. Vamos Fer. :rocker2:

Linyun
11-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Nando looked very tired in the match.And he said in the interview that he just arrived at Paris on Monday and praticed for one hour on Tuesday.He didn't have time to adapt the court.I hope he can rest well today and have good match against Cillc tommorrow!

VerdASSco
11-11-2009, 03:44 PM
He said he was tired in his legs - too much training with gil reyes - and he's still carrying too much muscle to compete with the top four defensively - too much training with gil reyes.

FlameOn
11-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Fer's legs will be better by London. :)

But at any rate, if he's tired his first serve will be very important in the next match. It would also be helpful if he could come to the net more often to finish points early. This isn't his comfort zone I know, but his strokes set up a lot of opportunities to come to the net which he often doesn't take. I think he's pretty good at the net but maybe doesn't always see when he has his chances.

FlameOn
11-11-2009, 09:31 PM
I just noticed that Federer lost second round :eek:. Great chance for Nando to go far.

VerdASSco
11-12-2009, 06:48 AM
I just noticed that Federer lost second round :eek:. Great chance for Nando to go far.

Yessssss. Fernando, you better take advantage of this, [like he doesn't have enough pressure...]

I actually picked Federer to win this tournie on my ATP picking thing... oh well.

VerdASSco
11-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Shame Murray didn't go out as well but I think he'll be really tired if he and Fer clash in the semis.

Anyway, third round....

Carlita
11-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Thank you Rogi!

Fer, don't screw up now! :p

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
If by some miracle one of the other three players managed to qualify in front of Fer :scared:, reaching the semifinal of a Masters Series for the first time would be another good chapter in Fer's 2009.

Carlita
11-12-2009, 10:14 AM
if Fer loses today, Tsonga needs to win it / Soderling-Gonzalez need to get to the final

by winning today, Gonzalez would need to win it as well.

So I would say he's got a pretty good chance to qualify :)

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Yes Carlita absolutely. I can't wait, I know it means so much to Fer. :hearts: That's why even though it's like 90% certain he will qualify, the what if's start becoming more likely in one's mind than they probably are. Of course I know it's almost certain that Fer will qualify though.

Linyun
11-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Soderling just defeated Davy. It's not a good news for Nando!

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Soderling just defeated Davy. It's not a good news for Nando!
Fear not. Hopefully Djokovic will take care of Soderling in the quarters. ;)

VerdASSco
11-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Soderling is the biggest worry, IMO. And he undoubtedly deserves to be in London after his year post-Roland Garros. But so does Fer and so I hope Fer can keep the pressure on the other contenders with a good win [in should be starting very soon...]

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Soderling is the biggest worry, IMO. And he undoubtedly deserves to be in London after his year post-Roland Garros. But so does Fer and so I hope Fer can keep the pressure on the other contenders with a good win [in should be starting very soon...]
This is exactly my problem with Soderling qualifying over Fer. Fer's great results have been coming since tournament #1, you can't say that about Soderling.

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Anyway, match is about to start soon, Vamos Fer.

Carlita
11-12-2009, 02:17 PM
So far so good!! 6-3 *2-3 vamos Fer!!!!

please win this one so we eliminate one more :bounce:

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Cilic won second set. I do wish Nando could finish a match in 2. This isn't good if he's tired...

Carlita
11-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I spoke too soon.... :awww:

whatever Fer...

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Alright, start of set 3. Finish it as quickly as possible Fer. :/

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Fer just did another ace. :drool:

Carlita
11-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I think we need Mister Djokovic to help out :o :sobbing:

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Cilic might choke. :rolleyes: Anyway I had a feeling he'd lose this round...

VerdASSco
11-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Hold your breath...

(Djok should beat soderling anyway... right??)

Jimbolero
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Fer has been making hot mess since 3-3 40-15. He saved one MP but he could have lost it as well :rolleyes:

That DF on break point at 2-2 2nd set :mad:

Carlita
11-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Hold your breath...

(Djok should beat soderling anyway... right??)
should, yes :sobbing:

I think Fer's asking too much of his body atm... :o

Jimbolero
11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Cilic choking??:wavey:
FH into the net on MP.

Carlita
11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
choking.... that word is overrated and overused :p

Jimbolero
11-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Kinda disappointed but Nole can definitely take out Soderling.
What about Roddick's wrist/kneel? Because it could give a free spot ;)

Jimbolero
11-12-2009, 03:17 PM
choking.... that word is overrated and overused :p

Even in french forums some people use it! I kinda like it, it's short to write and it can be used in a lot of situations. Very practical :angel:

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Right, Paris is over. Now all that's left is to agonizingly wait and hope that Djokovic, Nadal, and whoever the hell plays against Gonzalez does their jobs.

Before Federer lost, I was perfectly content with him losing this round, but after Federer lost it changed, he had a real chance to go far.

At least he has some chance to rest.

Carlita
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
delpo can take out gonzalez ;) and novak should win too :D vamos

Carlita
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Even in french forums some people use it! I kinda like it, it's short to write and it can be used in a lot of situations. Very practical :angel: I hate the C word.... and will never use it

Jimbolero
11-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I hate the C word.... and will never use it

Despite the fact that Fer is used to it ? :sad::sad:
so what d'you say instead of C ?

Carlita
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Despite the fact that Fer is used to it ? :sad::sad:
so what d'you say instead of C ?
Fer is used to what? You're not making friends here :lol: Fer is not a choker... Im serious.... I find it a disgusting word to use. And especially on MTF, it is used way too much, even when getting nervous (which sounds a lot better imo) has nothing to do with a player losing a match. Im sure if you think about it, there are different ways to discribe the situation. But Im not going to discuss it :p

Jimbolero
11-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Fer is used to what? You're not making friends here :lol: Fer is not a choker... Im serious.... I find it a disgusting word to use. And especially on MTF, it is used way too much, even when getting nervous (which sounds a lot better imo) has nothing to do with a player losing a match. Im sure if you think about it, there are different ways to discribe the situation. But Im not going to discuss it :p

I'm a huge Fer's supporter, but sometimes I'm a little bit pessimistic and this match he just lost today made me remember that this year Fer may have lost matches he should'nt have lost (Roland Garros, Wimbledon, tournaments during summer) like today. That's why I'm saying he's used to losing concentration, to transforming in a bright ballbasher at key-moments. I'd like him to handle these crucial moments better! So Fer, you know what I'm expecting from you as a christmas present..:bowdown:

Carlita
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
I'd like him to handle these crucial moments better!:bowdown: and what has he been doing exactly after last year's DC win? :confused:

Keep in mind that he's also very tired and is playing with pain in his foot.... all factors that do not make him play 100% eventhough he will probably want to. Also, don't take away from Marin, coz he's a hell of a player! ;)

Jimbolero
11-12-2009, 07:34 PM
and what has he been doing exactly after last year's DC win? :confused:

Keep in mind that he's also very tired and is playing with pain in his foot.... all factors that do not make him play 100% eventhough he will probably want to. Also, don't take away from Marin, coz he's a hell of a player! ;)

you may be right, i'm likely too demanding!! but as he reached AO SF, I've considered him as having a new status and I often forget that the level he played at during his AO breakthrough can't be reached throughout the year.. :)

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I feel like writing him off, but I can't. Everytime I've written him off he's always proved me wrong with some great result somewhere. I think that Fer will be fine, whether or not he qualifies for London. I also think once he gets this foot problem sorted, he could do even better next year than this year. :)

Carlita
11-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Gonzalez out. 1 down, 2 to go:o

Linyun
11-13-2009, 12:20 AM
I am soooooooo disappointed!!
Just hope Novak and Rafa can do something.

Carlita
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Soderthing is out :smoke:

2 down, 1 to go! vamos Rafaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :bounce:

Nacho
11-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Nando goes to London :banana:

thank you rafa :yeah:

Carlita
11-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Well done Fer!!!! :woohoo:

and :worship: JMDP :worship: Novak :worship:Rafa for helping out!!!!

:crazy: wooooohoooo :crazy:

Eruwen
11-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Woohooooooooooooooooooooooo :bounce:

Eruwen
11-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Jinx! :lol:

Snoo Foo
11-13-2009, 04:43 PM
:hatoff: congratz :hatoff:

but-it's-ok
11-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks in particular to Rafa and Nole winning today so that Fer doesn't have to worry any more about qualifying for London:woohoo:

:aparty::banana::banana:

:woohoo::yippee: So happy for Fer:dance::dance::bounce::bounce:

safinafan
11-13-2009, 05:08 PM
congrats, nando :bounce: :woohoo:
and thanks rafa!!!! :worship:

Sommarsverige
11-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Big party and congrats for Fer :bounce: :yippee: :aparty: :banana:

FlameOn
11-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes, fucking yes! Congratulations Fer, you 100% deserve it. And thank you Rafa and Novak! :worship:

VerdASSco
11-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Vamos!!!!!1111

Ariel
11-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Yes!!!!

The Best Choice For The 8th Spot

Jenrios
11-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry I'm late, but I'm joining in the celebrations as well! Cheers! :drink::woohoo::aparty:

Carlita
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
The groups for London:

Federer
Murray
Del Potro
Verdasco

Nadal
Djokovic
Davydenko
Soderling

I hope Fer enjoys this as much as possible coz it will be soooo tough!!! :unsure:

FlameOn
11-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Let's see what happens. :) I don't think Fer will walk away empty-handed. I think he has a fabulous chance for victory over Del Potro.

Linyun
11-19-2009, 12:00 AM
I hope Nando can win one match,maybe against Del Potro or Murry. He played very closed against Murry in Valencia.

FlameOn
11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I hope Nando can win one match,maybe against Del Potro or Murry. He played very closed against Murry in Valencia.
After Del Potro, Murray is definitely the second-best hope for victory. :)

He opens on Sunday against Federer. I won't hold my breath about that one. :tape: Who knows, if Nando plays really great and Federer's in one of his UE modes...nah. I think Del Potro's his best shot.

VerdASSco
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Fingers crossed... fed dropped his first match to gonzo one year [before winning]

Jenrios
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
You can never tell with this tournament - and with it being round robin, and tactics coming into play, it can be so unpredictable. Vamos Fer! Hope he gets off to a good start against Fed.

Carlita
11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
:eek: Fer!! WTF ?! :lol: 6-4 :woohoo: well done!!! Now keep this going :D

Björki
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Fer :rocker2:

if the just the steam would be better

Carlita
11-22-2009, 09:33 PM
6-4 5-7 *0-1 come on Fer, hang in there!!! We know you can ;)

Björki
11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
*0-3

:awww:

Carlita
11-22-2009, 09:48 PM
it was too good to be true :awww: but at least he made Rogi work in the first 2 sets :hug:

Björki
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
soooooooooo close in the second set.

no bagel please :awww:

Carlita
11-22-2009, 09:59 PM
:awww: :awww:

WTF happened in the 3rd? Did he forget how to play or what? Anyway, :hug: he tried.

FlameOn
11-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Ugh, this is maddening. :mad: But this is typical Fer. I shouldn't be surprised.

At least we still have hope for a couple of other matches. If he can play like he did the first couple of sets I think he could take on Del Potro and Murray.

alisia
11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
I was there & I think he was too spent for the final set :sad: he could & probably should have served for the match because he had Federer 15-40 at 5-5 but he fluffed a shot & that was it he barely managed to win another point :(

FlameOn
11-23-2009, 12:07 AM
I was there & I think he was too spent for the final set :sad: he could & probably should have served for the match because he had Federer 15-40 at 5-5 but he fluffed a shot & that was it he barely managed to win another point :(
Don't think he had 15-40. He had 0-30 until a challenge made it 15-15 again. Either way, his mentality faltered, yet again. Whether he had 15-40 or not hardly matters.

but-it's-ok
11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Fer:sobbing::sobbing: Could so easily have won in straight sets:bigcry::bigcry:

FlameOn
11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Fer:sobbing::sobbing: Could so easily have won in straight sets:bigcry::bigcry:
I'm trying to stay positive and remember that he has two more matches to play. I seriously think a win over Del Potro is extremely feasable. Just hope he can recover enough both physically and mentally though.

It's easy to forget that Fer is tired/injured the way he keeps soldiering on (I admire him for that actually). He himself said after the match that the tiredness got to him in the third set. In fact even though Davis Cup means so much to him, I think he should possibly withdraw.
The off-season isn't that long, and Fer will need all the time he can possibly get to recover from his upcoming surgery, and general tiredness in order to tackle the mighty task of defending the mountain of points he got at the start of the year.

I think he could defend a lot of them, and maybe even figure out the top 10 next year a bit more, but he'll need time.

VerdASSco
11-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm trying to stay positive and remember that he has two more matches to play. I seriously think a win over Del Potro is extremely feasable. Just hope he can recover enough both physically and mentally though.

It's easy to forget that Fer is tired/injured the way he keeps soldiering on (I admire him for that actually). He himself said after the match that the tiredness got to him in the third set. In fact even though Davis Cup means so much to him, I think he should possibly withdraw.
The off-season isn't that long, and Fer will need all the time he can possibly get to recover from his upcoming surgery, and general tiredness in order to tackle the mighty task of defending the mountain of points he got at the start of the year.

I think he could defend a lot of them, and maybe even figure out the top 10 next year a bit more, but he'll need time.

Even though he has his Aussie semi to defend he didn't play after that match at all until Indian Wells so he can pick up some additional points in Rotterdam or wherever.

Fer played well last night and lost in three to the world numeber one. No shame in that. BUUUT if he's tired then STOP GOING TO LAS VEGAS AND RUNNING UP MOUNTAINS.

Sommarsverige
11-23-2009, 06:53 PM
So sad Fer lost :sad:
He was sooooooooo close really...

Good luck for the next match, chico :yeah:

FlameOn
11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
He loses in third-set TB to Del Potro. :mad:

His inability to defeat a top 10 player is just...not funny anymore.

FlameOn
11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
He might get to play a last match against Murray, but he won't win. Useless even hoping. :shrug::sad:

Carlita
11-24-2009, 09:05 PM
:sad: Im sad he lost, yet still very proud he's fighting his ass off and if the body is a mess, the mind won't be far behind:hug: :kiss:

FlameOn
11-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm sorry for being so miserable. But this is just depressing...

Unrelated, but I think without a doubt now that Fer needs to withdraw from DC final and recover for next season.

Carlita
11-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I guess I look at it differently.....I see beyond the tennis... :shrug: coz, there's more to life than tennis, and sometimes what you have now is all it will ever be. Might be frustrating, but there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it, no matter how hard someone tries. First he needs to maintain his top 10 position next year.... play the finals again..... we'll see, don't write him off just yet :p

I am just as disappointed.......2 matches, so close :awww:

I doubt he'll withdraw from DC.... maybe he should, but having a shot at winning DC in your own country is too big a thing to let pass. So if he can, he will ;)

VerdASSco
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I guess I look at it differently.....I see beyond the tennis... :shrug: coz, there's more to life than tennis, and sometimes what you have now is all it will ever be. Might be frustrating, but there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it, no matter how hard someone tries. First he needs to maintain his top 10 position next year.... play the finals again..... we'll see, don't write him off just yet :p

I am just as disappointed.......2 matches, so close :awww:

I doubt he'll withdraw from DC.... maybe he should, but having a shot at winning DC in your own country is too big a thing to let pass. So if he can, he will ;)

Fer's in better form than Rafa and has just narrowly lost to the US Open finalists - plus, the Davis Cup final's on clay [right?]

He won't and I don't think he should pull out of the Davis Cup. It'll bring a circularity to an amazzzzzing 12 months.

Berdych and Stepanek are not as daunting on clay either.

I enjoyed tonight's match - Fer was awesome at the end of the 2nd.

alisia
11-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I know he's lost both matches but other than the final set against Federer I think he's played really well & he should be proud of himself :D

FlameOn
11-25-2009, 09:32 AM
You guys' positivity always cheers me up when I'm mourning one of Fer's losses. :yeah: It's so easy to forget the good things.

Let's just see what happens against Murray. All we can do really. :) I'll hope for a win but expect a loss. Against Del Potro I made the mistake of expecting a win a bit too much.

RogiFan88
11-25-2009, 05:35 PM
VAMOS, FER, you can do it vs. Muzza tomorrow!

Fer has earned his place in London this week and has fought well in RR1 and 2, taking a set off both players. He's getting closer to taking out a top player -- hoping it comes on Thu. Fer has the right attitude -- he's not the fave and all the pressure is on Muzza -- just play your best and who knows, sth good may come of it!

;)

RogiFan88
11-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Fer is getting closer to fulfilling his talent -- it w be a huge shame if he never did -- but he's made huge progress this past year and look where it's gotten him -- in w the best of the world!

VerdASSco
11-26-2009, 04:31 PM
What. A. Week.

Carlita
11-26-2009, 04:53 PM
:sad: 3 matches
:sad::sad: 3 close matches
:sad::sad::sad: 3 close matches.....lost :hysteric:

:hug: to Fer at least he did not give up :worship:

FlameOn
11-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Stressful tournament this has been. But looking at the positives, he finishes the year inside the top 10, and I think there's room for improvement next year, once his foot problem is fixed.

There's much more to come from our boy. Vamos Fer! :)

Carlita
01-13-2010, 07:15 PM
:bigclap: Well done Fer!!! He beat Gonzalez today 7-5 6-1 :woohoo:

FlameOn
01-13-2010, 08:11 PM
The first set was really good, the second set I think Gonzo kind of gave up. But Fer played great throughout. Looks like he's recovered well from his foot surgery. I think he'll have a good Aussie Open. :)

VerdASSco
01-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I want to see him play! Watched his 4r against Murray on Eurosport last night - if he can recreate the consistent, patient aggression again then he'll do well this year. Great start. Djokovic will be a really good test but completely doable. VAMOS 2010!

FlameOn
01-13-2010, 10:02 PM
I want to see him play! Watched his 4r against Murray on Eurosport last night - if he can recreate the consistent, patient aggression again then he'll do well this year. Great start. Djokovic will be a really good test but completely doable. VAMOS 2010!
You didn't get to see it? OK, well I think Fer was playing like that against Gonzo, he was playing aggressive yet really patient. It might be something he's been working on. :)

Carlita
01-14-2010, 05:53 AM
:eek::eek::eek: wow! Another good win for Fer!!! 6-1 6-2 over Djokovic! :woohoo:

Seville
01-14-2010, 09:12 AM
¡Qué bueno!

FlameOn
01-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Now he'll face Tsonga in the final. He's got a good chance. :yeah:

VerdASSco
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
VAMOS. top ten win! This is what happens when you go for ugly Sergio Tacchini clothes.

Jenrios
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM
What a start to the year! Vamos Fer!

Carlita
01-16-2010, 08:26 AM
:bounce: Fer beat Tsonga 7-5 6-3 :woohoo:

Well done!!! :D :worship:

Björki
01-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Fer :rocker2:

FlameOn
01-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Now onto the real thing. :rocker2: This will give him so much confidence.

VerdASSco
01-16-2010, 10:24 AM
This is so good. Great week.

Bring on the Aussie.

babycat
02-05-2010, 02:19 AM
Vamos Nando!

FlameOn
02-05-2010, 02:25 AM
Vamos Nando!
Welcome new fan! :wavey:

Linyun
02-09-2010, 04:48 AM
F VERDASCO d. P SAMPRAS 63 76(2)

Keeping on,Nando!!

Havok
02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
When the hell did Verdasco change racket sponsor? He was playing with a Yonex racket in his exho vs. Sampras. Was he not still playing with his Technifiber at the AO this year, or was I just really out of it?:help::scared:

FlameOn
02-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Well done Nando. :)

I hope he can do well in San Jose tournament.

Jenrios
02-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Sampras loses exhibition to Verdasco
AN JOSE, California (AP)—Former No. 1 Pete Sampras showed glimpses of his dominating best against a top player 12 years his junior in the second set of his 6-3, 7-6 (2) exhibition loss to Spain’s Fernando Verdasco on Monday at the SAP Open.
“It was a pretty rough night,” Sampras said. “I never really felt I could get into his service games. Playing defense is harder for me today. That’s something I used to do a pretty good job at. It’s harder to move.”
Sampras received a rousing standing ovation once it was over. He waved and hit three balls into the crowd before telling everybody he “felt a little old” out there.....................
Sampras joked around with Verdasco during a tournament VIP kickoff banquet about an hour before they began.
“Just show some respect,” Sampras said to Verdasco with a grin. “I’m going to have to get to the net as much as I can—none of those long baseline exchanges. I think I can hold my own serving and volleying. Tonight I have no choice but to come in ‘til the cows come home. If he returns well and passes well, it could be a quick night.”
Verdasco, who is seeded No. 2 in this tournament and making his Bay Area debut, kept Sampras off balance with his big groundstrokes and booming serve.
“He’s tough. He’s the real deal. He could win a major,” Sampras said.Top-seeded and seventh-ranked Andy Roddick opens play here Wednesday, as does Verdasco.
“The match helped me for sure,” said Verdasco, who had just arrived in Northern California earlier Monday.

FlameOn
02-09-2010, 08:52 PM
^ That was a very nice thing for Sampras to say. :sobbing:

Havok
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
When the hell did Verdasco change racket sponsor? He was playing with a Yonex racket in his exho vs. Sampras. Was he not still playing with his Technifiber at the AO this year, or was I just really out of it?:help::scared:
Anybody??:shrug: