The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The new (and improved) Djokoforum chat thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

savesthedizzle
04-08-2009, 12:49 AM
We now must close all threads over 5,000 posts because of server issues :sad: so once a thread hits 5,000 we have to start (part 2, part 3 etc of it)

SO let us continue Djokobopping here :D

PennyThePenguin
04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
:awww: I wonder if I can get by it in maratland since we hardly get much traffic these days...nevertheless, I did the same thing there and hopefully, when things settle down I can plead my case in modland :angel:

savesthedizzle
04-08-2009, 01:11 AM
:awww: I wonder if I can get by it in maratland since we hardly get much traffic these days...nevertheless, I did the same thing there and hopefully, when things settle down I can plead my case in modland :angel:

:hug: since Nole still has like.. 10 years (give or take) of career left, and the Djokochat thread would probably have like 1 million posts by then, I don't think I can :rolls:

PennyThePenguin
04-08-2009, 01:12 AM
well, I've been a good girl and closed my 3 threads, that aren't that big anyway, 5000+, 12000+ and 40000+. we'll see.

savesthedizzle
04-08-2009, 01:27 AM
I closed the two in here I have to :sad:

Picture thread is next :sad:

savesthedizzle
04-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Oh well, tomorrow I don't have to worry about closing threads :)

Going to NYC to :drink: :lol: and eat :p but also do a lot of :drink: :lol:

Fee
04-08-2009, 04:19 AM
Can we separate the picture thread by year and not close it, or had you already been doing that?

*djokobops over to the Idol thread*

njnetswill
04-08-2009, 04:44 AM
Oh no I had so many great memories in the old Djokobopper thread. :sad:

PennyThePenguin
04-08-2009, 04:48 AM
it's still there Will *patpat* you can revisit it for the memories

Lee
04-08-2009, 05:41 AM
I think I do my official whining here. If I make this suggestions to truebluefan, I doubt he understands with his great knowledge in technology and I doubt even more those people managing the servers will bother to listen since they obviously failed miserably in communication.

5000 posts/thread is ridiculous. The number is too low. Unless the programs are developed by total idiots (because an entry level programer should be able to load a thread correctly), I think the performance shouldn't be affected too much if there're about 50,000 posts/thread. So, obviously, those people operating the servers just do an easy one without really thinking and mess things around without caring about people using the services.

Masha91
04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh, a new thread! The number of posts does seem a little low before you have to close it down.

Hello btw!

Stephie Cesc
04-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Hello everybody! :wavey:

Nadie
04-08-2009, 06:21 PM
so I'm back to Noleland and to the new Djokoboppers thread :wavey: hi everyone :)

:eek: I'm still shocked 5000 posts is a limit for a thread now.. .it is so low! :o

savesthedizzle
04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
so I'm back to Noleland and to the new Djokoboppers thread :wavey: hi everyone :)

:eek: I'm still shocked 5000 posts is a limit for a thread now.. .it is so low! :o

:wavey: hello everyone who has found our new forum home :sad:

This thread needs to get broken in still :sad:

I am demanding the presence of all Djokoboppers PAST AND PRESENT :armed:

It is REALLY low :sad:

I'm just glad we have a moderator here and TBF won't be the one closing and starting all our new threads :tape: ;)

Lee
04-08-2009, 07:27 PM
:rolls:

Jelena_78
04-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi :wavey:

Phew! At first I thought those threads will disappear :eek: and almost :bigcry: but then I realised they stay here, and just need to be closed. Well ok, I guess we can't do anyhing about it :shrug: so, let's enjoy the new ones :dance:

:rocker2:

neenah
04-08-2009, 10:25 PM
:sobbing:

The old thread was so awesome. And I didn't even witness all of it.

Actually, I'd just celebrated being the 60,000th post. :awww:

Oh no, what about the Funny Fotos thread? The only awesome thread in GM?? :speakles:

I've just checked, there is a "Funny Fotos 2.0". Just not the same though. :awww:

neenah
04-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Alright, time for me to stop moping. :D

I just tried to apply for a job at a Rite Aid (the store said they were hiring) and I called in to do an application over the phone, and it was some automated message that I had to answer to. Kind of strange, but I thought it went well. I obviously answered no to all the questions about being fired from previous jobs, stealing, smoking pot, doing drugs...and at the end the message said, "I'm sorry, but you do not meet the minimum requirements for a job at Rite Aid. Thank you, and good bye." WTF? :rolls: They asked very basic questions, I don't see how they could disqualify me without further questioning.

Jelena_78
04-08-2009, 10:37 PM

I just tried to apply for a job at a Rite Aid (the store said they were hiring) and I called in to do an application over the phone, and it was some automated message that I had to answer to. Kind of strange, but I thought it went well. I obviously answered no to all the questions about being fired from previous jobs, stealing, smoking pot, doing drugs...and at the end the message said, "I'm sorry, but you do not meet the minimum requirements for a job at Rite Aid. Thank you, and good bye." WTF? :rolls: They asked very basic questions, I don't see how they could disqualify me without further questioning.

:lol:

:hug:

:shrug: Maybe you would have got the job if you had answered yes to all those questions ;) :bolt: :rolls:

Noleta
04-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Sorry if this is off topic i didn't know where else to post:unsure:

Been looking for a couple of matches of a young Djokovic in 2006 does someone knows any websites that sell matches on dvd's please:help:

Lee
04-09-2009, 12:17 AM

You want to work in a drug store and you don't do drugs. No wonder you're not qualified :angel:

Lee
04-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Sorry if this is off topic i didn't know where else to post:unsure:

Been looking for a couple of matches of a young Djokovic in 2006 does someone knows any websites that sell matches on dvd's please:help:

Sorry no idea but this is your 400th posts :lol:

edit: I remembered Seb (Billabong) collects tennis matches so I went to his site and he has a link to various websites. Here is Billabong's profile (http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?u=684) and from there, you'll find the link to his site and the link to other sites.

Noleta
04-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Sorry no idea but this is your 400th posts :lol:

edit: I remembered Seb (Billabong) collects tennis matches so I went to his site and he has a link to various websites. Here is Billabong's profile (http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?u=684) and from there, you'll find the link to his site and the link to other sites.

Thanks a lot :kiss:

I talk/type too much:p

Lee
04-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Thanks a lot :kiss:

You're welcome

I talk/type too much:p

:armed: what are you implying? I have over 53,000 posts and you have 400. :p :rolls:

PennyThePenguin
04-09-2009, 01:02 AM

maybe they're looking for someone older :lol:

neenah
04-09-2009, 01:14 AM
They never asked my age, just if I'm over 16. :p And I know someone my age who worked there last year. So tomorrow I go for the paper app. :rocker2:

I applied to a bunch of places already and no one's called me. But Rite Aid's hiring. :p

Jelena_78
04-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Good luck Nina! :)

The thread actually DID disappear! :speakles: :sobbing:

We should be careful, and stop posting in every thread that comes near 5000 so we can still have it here, and read through it when we want...
:awww:

EDIT: Ok, I read the announcement in All moved large threads, so I guess we'll have it back one day

savesthedizzle
04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Good luck Nina! :)

The thread actually DID disappear! :speakles: :sobbing:

We should be careful, and stop posting in every thread that comes near 5000 so we can still have it here, and read through it when we want...

EDIT: Ok, I read the announcement in All moved large threads, so I guess we'll have it back one day

To be honest, I'm not holding my breath. The powers that be don't really seem to give a crap.

njnetswill
04-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Nina, best of luck with your summer job search. I know how time consuming that can be. In my neighborhood the easiest jobs for under 18s to get were at grocery stores as baggers and ice cream scoopers at Cold Stone/Ben&Jerry's/Baskin Robbins. :lol:

My local Rite Aid always seemed to hate teenagers. Even when we were customers. :o If a group of us walked in at the same time they would send security to follow us.

PennyThePenguin
04-09-2009, 10:17 PM
nina, speaking of job hunting, I was out shopping today :p and this guy was going round the mall's shops trying to find a job. I was in H&M and he was looking for a job (but they don't have openings :p ) then I was aat coffee bean and he was there too! :p poor guy. hope he gets lucky. I was at McDonald's the other day and this lady with FOUR KIDS!!! was looking for a job too. just for anyone that's interested, interviews are every Wednesday from 2 to 4pm at that branch :p

njnetswill
04-10-2009, 12:25 AM
The economy. :sad:

Thank goodness I am class of 2012 and not 2009.

neenah
04-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Nina, best of luck with your summer job search. I know how time consuming that can be. In my neighborhood the easiest jobs for under 18s to get were at grocery stores as baggers and ice cream scoopers at Cold Stone/Ben&Jerry's/Baskin Robbins. :lol:

My local Rite Aid always seemed to hate teenagers. Even when we were customers. :o If a group of us walked in at the same time they would send security to follow us.

I live in an area where, outside my town, there is one town of similar size about 20 minutes away, and a mall 30 minutes away. So I'm basically stuck in town if I don't want to be spending half my pay checks on gas money. :p Within town I'm extremely limited. We don't have any of those ice cream places you mentioned. :awww: My town is not at a terrible low, but it's not doing fantastically either. Our "main street" is pathetic, 1/3 of the storefronts closed...

Half my friends work at Stop Rite and that's a last resort. :unsure: :lol:

nina, speaking of job hunting, I was out shopping today :p and this guy was going round the mall's shops trying to find a job. I was in H&M and he was looking for a job (but they don't have openings :p ) then I was aat coffee bean and he was there too! :p poor guy. hope he gets lucky. I was at McDonald's the other day and this lady with FOUR KIDS!!! was looking for a job too. just for anyone that's interested, interviews are every Wednesday from 2 to 4pm at that branch :p

Hey, I was in H&M yesterday too. :p

But yeah, there are so many people looking for jobs, which is why it's so hard for people my age.

PennyThePenguin
04-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I bought a dweeeesss! it's the dwess featured on the spring fashion main page on the h&m website :p the flowy one in the various earth tones. and a pair of shorts that were on sale. and a shawl to go with the dwess :D and they had a speshul yesterday so I got a $10 gift card for spending more than $50!

Lee
04-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Now the penguin is fully camouflage into LA crowd :bounce:

neenah
04-11-2009, 01:23 AM
I bought a dweeeesss! it's the dwess featured on the spring fashion main page on the h&m website :p the flowy one in the various earth tones. and a pair of shorts that were on sale. and a shawl to go with the dwess :D and they had a speshul yesterday so I got a $10 gift card for spending more than $50!

Nice! Ooh, the dress with the stripe down the middle? I saw that one yesterday. :)

I bought a dress yesterday too. A prom dress. Except I am totally defying all the horribly lame prom "traditions" and am not really wearing a dressy dress. :p I got this from Fossil:

http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12052&catalogId=10052&departmentCategoryId=30000&categoryId=211527&productId=22077856&N=0&Ns=p_weight|0||p_order_history|1&rec=6&pn=c&imagePath=WC4829600

All the dressy dresses were too expensive, considering even though I like wearing nice clothing I'm not crazy about dresses. The only cheap dressy ones were the tacky or the slutty ones, so I decided to go for a different style. It was on sale for $50. :dance: I figure I can dress it up with accessories. :shrug:

savesthedizzle
04-11-2009, 01:51 AM
I just must share something very disturbing to me.

It disturbs me beyond belief to go to the ATP website and see the headline "Ferrero upsets Hanescu". My beloved Juanqui in such a state that beating Hanescu on clay is considered an upset :scared: :bigcry: I cannot accept his not being top class. He was my favorite before Novak. :sad: that is all. :lol:

PennyThePenguin
04-11-2009, 01:53 AM
lee :scratch:
nina...pwwweeettty dwess!!!

It disturbs me beyond belief to go to the ATP website and see the headline "Ferrero upsets Hanescu". My beloved Juanqui in such a state that beating Hanescu on clay is considered an upset :scared: :bigcry: I cannot accept his not being top class. He was my favorite before Novak. :sad: that is all. :lol:

:hug: :hug: juanqui :awww:

Lee
04-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Juanqui :awww:

Lee
04-11-2009, 01:56 AM
lee :scratch:

The clothes you bought sound very California to me. :p

Lee
04-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Nice! Ooh, the dress with the stripe down the middle? I saw that one yesterday. :)

I bought a dress yesterday too. A prom dress. Except I am totally defying all the horribly lame prom "traditions" and am not really wearing a dressy dress. :p I got this from Fossil:

http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12052&catalogId=10052&departmentCategoryId=30000&categoryId=211527&productId=22077856&N=0&Ns=p_weight|0||p_order_history|1&rec=6&pn=c&imagePath=WC4829600

All the dressy dresses were too expensive, considering even though I like wearing nice clothing I'm not crazy about dresses. The only cheap dressy ones were the tacky or the slutty ones, so I decided to go for a different style. It was on sale for $50. :dance: I figure I can dress it up with accessories. :shrug:

Good choice! :yeah:

savesthedizzle
04-11-2009, 02:06 AM
Speaking of like... clothing.

I LOVED MY OUTFIT YESTERDAY.

It was one of those outfits where when you put it on, you know you look awesome :rolls: someone told me I looked like I stepped out of an Urban Outfitters catalog, which is like... such a nice compliment :rolls:

Let me see if I can post what I was wearing :lol:

PennyThePenguin
04-11-2009, 02:08 AM
The clothes you bought sound very California to me. :p

eh...shorts to wear at home. they're TOO SHORT AND SCANDALOUS TO WEAR OUTDOORS!!! well, people might, but I certainly don't! the dress..well, californians might wear it for casual occasions but I bought it for a friend's wedding :p

PennyThePenguin
04-11-2009, 02:09 AM
I also ordered this a couple of days ago in black...but it's out of stock so they put my order on hold :(
http://www.ninewest.com/Minimalist-Circular-Print-Eyelet-Dress/2960043,default,pd.html?cgid=&itemNum=1

it's like CHEAAAAPP!!!!

savesthedizzle
04-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Bah, I cannot show you the dress because H&M's website does not show all of their merchandise :rolls:

But it was really cute :(

PennyThePenguin
04-11-2009, 02:12 AM
h&m :hearts: fell in love with it in europe...still love it now

EDIT: although their selection of belts disappoint me

Lee
04-11-2009, 02:14 AM
eh...shorts to wear at home. they're TOO SHORT AND SCANDALOUS TO WEAR OUTDOORS!!! well, people might, but I certainly don't! the dress..well, californians might wear it for casual occasions but I bought it for a friend's wedding :p

*sigh* I saw a teenager wearing that kind of shorts going to church here :shrug:

I also ordered this a couple of days ago in black...but it's out of stock so they put my order on hold :(
http://www.ninewest.com/Minimalist-Circular-Print-Eyelet-Dress/2960043,default,pd.html?cgid=&itemNum=1

it's like CHEAAAAPP!!!!

I need to resist shopping on line. It's too convenient. :tape:

PennyThePenguin
04-11-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm now afraid the cutting of the dress I bought online will be too big :scared: because when I went to get the h&m dress, the cutting of the dress is really big. so I ended up getting a dress that's 3 sizes smaller than my usual size :scared:

njnetswill
04-11-2009, 02:42 AM

Ferrero was my old favorite as well. :D Along with Coria :o

I love H&M! It's so cheap but makes me look so good. :p

savesthedizzle
04-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Ferrero was my old favorite as well. :D Along with Coria :o

The best sort of fashion :D

Nadie
04-11-2009, 08:32 AM

:wavey: Will :yeah: I agree with Jess, it's the best choice of fashion ;)

H & M is also one of my faves :dance: finally they opened here in Moscow two stores :banana: we didn't have H & M in Russia till this March and it wasn't possible to order it online... so when I went to Prague last year and when I was leaving the airport, I had the excess baggage because of my shoppings :tape: mainly from H & M :rolls:

neenah
04-15-2009, 05:31 PM
:wavey:

Seen this? :rolls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRI4Q0YfSuA

Lee
04-15-2009, 05:35 PM
:dance:

njnetswill
04-15-2009, 07:43 PM

Seen this? :rolls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRI4Q0YfSuA

So weird. :unsure:

Novak looks good in it though.

Lee
04-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Lots of discussions in the video thread. And the funny video thread in GM.

savesthedizzle
04-15-2009, 09:38 PM
I booked my hotel for London (finally) :D

I leave in two months! :rocker2: :rocker2: :D I have missed London :awww:

Lee
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
I will miss SF and Final in RG (in Mexico) and entire Wimbledon except the first 2 days (in Canada) :awww: :awww:

neenah
04-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Lots of discussions in the video thread. And the funny video thread in GM.

Oops, I don't visit either. :p

I booked my hotel for London (finally) :D

I leave in two months! :rocker2: :rocker2: :D I have missed London :awww:

Great! :D I just bought tickets for a Shins concert. I am going absolutely concert crazy. :tape: But I'm SO EXCITED. :D And also done spending money on myself until...a long time.

I will miss SF and Final in RG (in Mexico) and entire Wimbledon except the first 2 days (in Canada) :awww: :awww:

:awww: I'll miss a day in the middle, as I leave for vacation on the 30th of June. And I dunno how much I'll be able to watch while away.

savesthedizzle
04-16-2009, 02:12 AM
First two days of Wimbledon I definitely will not miss :dance:

AHHH I am so excited :D

I'm trying to think of things to do that I haven't yet done in London.. it's hard. Some of the lists of "### things to do in London" have some really really stupid suggestions. Like "Ride the Circle line on the London Underground".... why? Why would you ride the tube for fun? You ride it to get somewhere and then you get off. Riding the circle line around and around in a circle is not fun. :rolls: I rode it daily to get to school and back. :tape: but anyway :p

I'm thinking of taking a day trip somewhere :dance:

njnetswill
04-16-2009, 02:38 AM
I have not been able to even WATCH a grand slam on TV since Wimbledon. :bigcry:

I will be in China for the French and Wimbledon. And back in school when the US Open starts. :o:mad: Watching livestreams is just not the same.

As for actually seeing tennis live, that is probably far, far in my future. :bigcry:

savesthedizzle
04-16-2009, 02:39 AM

I will be in China for the French and Wimbledon. And back in school when the US Open starts. :o:mad: Watching livestreams is just not the same.

As for actually seeing tennis live, that is probably far, far in my future. :bigcry:

Take a day trip to the USO ;) on the first weekend before school work gets too nuts :p

Lee
04-16-2009, 04:29 AM

You'll be in China for that long :eek: Yourself or with your family?

PennyThePenguin
04-16-2009, 04:31 AM
booked air tickets to go home!!!! it's CRAZY!!! SIA's got this anniversary promotion right now. and it's $800 tax included!!! in fact, the ticket was 375 and the tax 425. that's INSANE!!! i've never seen SIA this cheap *faint* of course I can't get frequent flyer miles because it's so cheap but WHO CARES ABOUT MILES!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Lee
04-16-2009, 04:38 AM
booked air tickets to go home!!!! it's CRAZY!!! SIA's got this anniversary promotion right now. and it's $800 tax included!!! in fact, the ticket was 375 and the tax 425. that's INSANE!!! i've never seen SIA this cheap *faint* of course I can't get frequent flyer miles because it's so cheap but WHO CARES ABOUT MILES!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

PennyThePenguin
04-16-2009, 05:17 AM
I know :sobbing: it's insane!!! SINGAPORE AIRLINES!!!! LAX to SIN! *faint* now I should ask my friend if she'll be flyin that flight :angel: so I can get better treatment

Lee
04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
I know :sobbing: it's insane!!! SINGAPORE AIRLINES!!!! LAX to SIN! *faint* now I should ask my friend if she'll be flyin that flight :angel: so I can get better treatment

That's not right :angel: My niece works for Cathy between Vancouver and Hong Kong.

I was talking to my girl friend about Singapore airlines is the best to fly between the Pacifics yesterday. :lol: The only problem is since we are in PHX, not LAX or SFO, the connection flights are the worst EVER.

PennyThePenguin
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
That's not right :angel: My niece works for Cathy between Vancouver and Hong Kong.

I was talking to my girl friend about Singapore airlines is the best to fly between the Pacifics yesterday. :lol: The only problem is since we are in PHX, not LAX or SFO, the connection flights are the worst EVER.

yes....connection flights :scared:

Lee
04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
yes....connection flights :scared:

Lucky girl you don't need one. Spending a night in SFO with ALL your luggages was NOT a good experience for me. At least one of the fast food place open 24 hours.

neenah
04-17-2009, 01:18 AM
First two days of Wimbledon I definitely will not miss :dance:

AHHH I am so excited :D

I'm trying to think of things to do that I haven't yet done in London.. it's hard. Some of the lists of "### things to do in London" have some really really stupid suggestions. Like "Ride the Circle line on the London Underground".... why? Why would you ride the tube for fun? You ride it to get somewhere and then you get off. Riding the circle line around and around in a circle is not fun. :rolls: I rode it daily to get to school and back. :tape: but anyway :p

I'm thinking of taking a day trip somewhere :dance:

Aaaaah visit Glasgow for me and stalk the members of Belle & Sebastian for me!! :D I'd loooooooove to go to Scotland. :hearts:

Nice! :yeah:

savesthedizzle
04-17-2009, 02:22 AM
I don't really love Glasgow. :tape: But I do like Scotland :)

Lee... Adam doesn't lurk here does he? :bolt:

Lee
04-17-2009, 03:53 AM
I don't think so, Jess. You are SAVE!!!! :lol:

neenah
04-17-2009, 05:14 AM

Can't say I've ever been, but Belle & Sebastian are freakin amazing and they live there. :p I've never actually been to Scotland at all, but it seems nice. :D And it's got Stuart Murdoch, Bobby Kildea, Andy Murray, Guy Berryman, J.K. Rowling, James McAvoy...

Masha91
04-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi everybody, have you voted for Nole as your favourite player in this thread? http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=139437

Just a reminder :)

savesthedizzle
04-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Can't say I've ever been, but Belle & Sebastian are freakin amazing and they live there. :p I've never actually been to Scotland at all, but it seems nice. :D And it's got Stuart Murdoch, Bobby Kildea, Andy Murray, Guy Berryman, J.K. Rowling, James McAvoy...

James McAvoy :lick:

Noleta
04-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Still 100 till we reach 5000 posts on the picture thread:scared:

Lee
04-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Getting there. :lol:

schorsch
04-18-2009, 10:19 PM
happy easter everonye!

Lee
04-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Is this Easter for Orthodox only?

l_mac
04-19-2009, 12:07 AM

Lee... Adam doesn't lurk here does he? :bolt:

Not Adam, no :mad:

I was looking to see if star posts here. She has deserted the Rafachat :tears:

Lee
04-19-2009, 12:13 AM

Are you stalking star now? :lol:

PennyThePenguin
04-19-2009, 12:51 AM
try the idol thread linda :lol:

savesthedizzle
04-19-2009, 01:32 AM

She posts in the Idol thread (as do you) and sometimes in the tournament threads :D Not really here so much. It's a small group here :p

I'm sorry about my lack of love for Glasgow :awww: It was January, and it was like.. raining sideways and was windy, and I wanted to die and I was forced to eat vegetarian haggis. I was only there one day, and while memorable... not exactly positive ;)

Lee
04-20-2009, 11:46 PM
95°F/35°C here http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/85.gif

njnetswill
04-21-2009, 12:16 AM
95°F/35°C here http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/85.gif

50 degrees and cold rain here. :lol:

schorsch
04-21-2009, 12:28 AM
On TF there is a thread with selfmade vids from the posters on tennis, it's really easy to make a vid and maybe we could make some here as well :haha:

Here's one I made:
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090420190946232

savesthedizzle
04-21-2009, 12:30 AM
50 degrees and cold rain here. :lol:

:( The worst part is that it was like 80 on Saturday :sad:

PennyThePenguin
04-21-2009, 02:01 AM
37 celsius here today!!!! and tomorrow is supposedly just as bad or worse! and the crazy thing is. on wednesday it'll all go down to 25.

Lee
04-21-2009, 04:09 AM
37 celsius here today!!!! and tomorrow is supposedly just as bad or worse! and the crazy thing is. on wednesday it'll all go down to 25.

forecast for tomorrow is 101F/38C :sobbing: It's only April. We usually hit triple digits in May. A week ago, the daily high was like 30°F/16.5°C lower. :tape:

PennyThePenguin
04-21-2009, 04:54 AM
santa ana winds ;) it's going to last till Wednesday :p

Lee
04-21-2009, 05:03 AM
santa ana winds ;) it's going to last till Wednesday :p

Not here. And keep your fingers crossed that there's no fire. :scared:

PennyThePenguin
04-21-2009, 05:08 AM
I heard on the radio there was one already :scared: but I'm not sure. wasn't paying much attention to the radio because I was trying not to faint from the heat in the car :lol:

Lee
04-21-2009, 05:11 AM
We have one yesterday. Luckily there's no wind so the firefighters managed to contain it today.

Why are we chatting in 2 different threads? :lol:

PennyThePenguin
04-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Ok. it seems I was wrong. KTLA isn't reporting any bush fires.

EDIT: no idea. but we're talking about two different topics so it's ok :lol: anyway. that thread needs the posts ;p

Lee
04-21-2009, 05:20 AM
This thread too :lol:

I refused to turn on the AC and it's still hot at this hour. :sobbing:

PennyThePenguin
04-21-2009, 05:27 AM
I don't have an AC :D and I dismantled my fan last week thinking I won't be needing it again before I move out. AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENS!!! pfffft. now I'm too lazy to reassemble it so I've got my window wiiiiiiiidddde open.

Lee
04-21-2009, 05:39 AM
I don't have an AC :D and I dismantled my fan last week thinking I won't be needing it again before I move out. AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENS!!! pfffft. now I'm too lazy to reassemble it so I've got my window wiiiiiiiidddde open.

I can't. :sobbing: My allergy will get even worse. This morning I woke up with a migraine because my sinus was all stuff up. :bigcry:

PennyThePenguin
04-21-2009, 06:00 AM
:sad: poor Lee. thank goodness I don't really have these allergies. I used to have sinusitis but that's cleared up now *phew* nose still a little sensitive sometimes but nothing major :D

Lee
04-21-2009, 06:06 AM
:sad: poor Lee. thank goodness I don't really have these allergies. I used to have sinusitis but that's cleared up now *phew* nose still a little sensitive sometimes but nothing major :D

It took me 3 years here before the allergy gets really bad :tape: Of course, no problem in LA, it's not a desert :p

Lee
04-21-2009, 06:15 AM
I am calling it a day! Nite Jiat :wavey:

*Raine
04-21-2009, 04:01 PM

Lee
04-21-2009, 04:05 PM
:wavey: :lol:

savesthedizzle
04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
:wavey: :D

PennyThePenguin
04-21-2009, 05:38 PM
:wavey: :)

Lee
04-21-2009, 05:42 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/police-montee-canada-482.gif

savesthedizzle
04-21-2009, 05:43 PM
This is starting to look like one of Ducky's threads :p

Lee
04-21-2009, 05:53 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/SadFace.jpg

savesthedizzle
04-21-2009, 06:05 PM

Can Viktor just WIN? Why is he afraid to :(

Lee
04-21-2009, 06:08 PM
I started to worry because he's struggling to hold serve :scared:

Tess Gray
04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey guys:wavey:

Just wanted to stop by and ask y'all where did Nole's blogs go to on his website? I've tried searching for them but I can't seem to find them. Were they removed or are the hiding?:armed::lol:

njnetswill
04-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Has anyone here ever been to either of the two LA tennis tournaments? I'm thinking about going this summer to see some live tennis for the first time since Acura Classic 2007.

neenah
04-21-2009, 09:46 PM

Just wanted to stop by and ask y'all where did Nole's blogs go to on his website? I've tried searching for them but I can't seem to find them. Were they removed or are the hiding?:armed::lol:

Dunno, sorry. :sad:

Has anyone here ever been to either of the two LA tennis tournaments? I'm thinking about going this summer to see some live tennis for the first time since Acura Classic 2007.

I've never been, but live tennis is live tennis - which is always fantastic. :p

The first day of qualifying for the USO is something like one day before I go to college, so I'm begging my parents to take me! :D

Lee
04-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Check your rep. :wavey:

star
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
I went to the Acura Classic when it was at La Costa. :sad:

Those days are gone.

star
04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
It took me 3 years here before the allergy gets really bad :tape: Of course, no problem in LA, it's not a desert :p

I never had any alergies before I moved to the desert. :bigcry:

It took me a year or more to figure out that's what it was. I was so clueless. :lol:

Lee
04-22-2009, 12:44 AM
I never had any alergies before I moved to the desert. :bigcry:

Same here :bigcry:

It took me a year or more to figure out that's what it was. I was so clueless. :lol:

I also don't know what hit me in the first place. About the 2nd year I moved here and while I was in my Taekwondo practice, I kept sneezing and one of the instructor told me it's probably allergy and it's very common in the desert. My first response was like many other people that you can't have allergy in the desert. :rolls: At that time, my allergy was still "manageable". :awww:

Lee
04-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Lovely, we hit 102°F today. Just 1° shy of record. :sobbing:

*Raine
04-22-2009, 01:21 AM

I read on his forum that they had to remove his blogs because there was a new site or something like that. :scratch:

PennyThePenguin
04-22-2009, 04:13 AM
a lot cooler tonight here. it's going to go back to cool weather for the rest of the week now. santa ana's gone

Lee
04-22-2009, 04:17 AM
I have to turn on the AC. It's just too hot :awww: I hope I don't have to tomorrow. *sigh*

*Raine
04-23-2009, 07:01 AM
It's been raining here for five days already which shouldn't be because it's summer. :o I feel so bad for the people at the beach right now. :spit: :spit:

savesthedizzle
04-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Going to the beach on Sunday :rocker2:

neenah
04-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Awesome, it's supposed to be sooo warm! :D

I got a friend request from someone who's going to Binghamton next year (I've sent my deposit, so that is definite :dance:) and she's from...HOLMDEL! :rolls:

PennyThePenguin
04-24-2009, 02:20 AM
oh man......nina, you should try getting a job there. might work out better :haha: :haha:

neenah
04-24-2009, 02:24 AM
I should, seeing as my fate seems to lie there. :haha:

savesthedizzle
04-24-2009, 02:34 AM

I got a friend request from someone who's going to Binghamton next year (I've sent my deposit, so that is definite :dance:) and she's from...HOLMDEL! :rolls:

That is hilarious :rolls: :rolls:

IT IS! On Sunday the latest I saw said 88 DEGREES :speakles:

Perrrrrrrrrfect beach weather :D My dad wants to go to Sandy Hook, but I hate Sandy Hook.. the sand is yucky. :( So I'm pushing for Point Pleasant :rolls: we'll see :dance:

Lee
04-24-2009, 04:47 AM
Nowhere to go this Sunday :awww:

And have to check construction works on the freeways this weekend so I will decide which stores to go. I am running out of rice :tape:

neenah
04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
It's so gorgeous out today. :hearts:

I was outside for so long that my head felt like it was going to explode from all the sun. :p

savesthedizzle
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
It's so gorgeous out today. :hearts:

I was outside for so long that my head felt like it was going to explode from all the sun. :p

Me too, and I plan to do the same tomorrow! Seems like the beach will not happen (which I think is good because I think EVERYONE is going to the beach tomorrow :rolls: ) but I will be outside in my yard for sure :inlove:

savesthedizzle
04-26-2009, 02:41 PM
I think I got sunburned just from being outside at 9 AM. :bigcry:

njnetswill
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Ew. East Coast humidity is unpleasant. I get sticky just from walking to the dining hall. :o

savesthedizzle
04-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Ew. East Coast humidity is unpleasant. I get sticky just from walking to the dining hall. :o

Lee
04-26-2009, 07:33 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lee
04-26-2009, 07:34 PM

That's why I much prefer west coast weather.

njnetswill
04-27-2009, 01:27 AM

It would be so awesome if your roommate turns out to be from Holmdel as well! :lol:

PennyThePenguin
04-27-2009, 02:03 AM
It would be so awesome if your roommate turns out to be from Holmdel as well! :lol:

I wonder...would she go as far as to find someone from Holmdel and marry him? :scratch:

neenah
04-27-2009, 02:04 AM

Ouch. :sad: It's supposed to be 92 degrees Tuesday, then down to 59 on Thursday. :scratch:

I'm so used to it that I never considered anything else. :p

I would hardly be surprised. :lol:

neenah
04-27-2009, 02:06 AM
I wonder...would she go as far as to find someone from Holmdel and marry him? :scratch:

:haha: :haha:

Knowing my case, I would find out *after* I met him. :p

PennyThePenguin
04-27-2009, 02:53 AM
doesn't matter. as long as you find out before you marry him :D

savesthedizzle
04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I am so paranoid about England letting me into their country in 41 days :sad:

The people at Heathrow like to mess with me enough as it is :bigcry: :bigcry:

Lee
04-27-2009, 11:33 PM
There's warning from Europe of travelling to US :tape:

Well, your trip to London is even later than my trip to Mexico :p

savesthedizzle
04-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah Lee, I would probably not go to Mexico :unsure:

They have been more specific lately saying just not to travel in the US where there are cluster cases.

Which means, don't travel to the one private high school in NYC where there are cases and are the only known cases in New York :rolleyes: and stay out of Mexico.

There's no reason people can't travel to Utah. There's no swine flu in Utah. *sigh*

Lee
04-27-2009, 11:56 PM
I have to double check my travel insurance. I think I can wait until the last minute to cancel the trip if the condition worsen or not changed and still get my money back.

savesthedizzle
04-27-2009, 11:58 PM
I have to double check my travel insurance. I think I can wait until the last minute to cancel the trip if the condition worsen or not changed and still get my money back.

That's good :hug: a lot of the airlines are letting people change their bookings without a fee also :hug:

Lee
04-28-2009, 12:02 AM
I already paid the resort, like cruise. And there isn't any other time to go afterward as we will travel to Canada later. *sigh*

PennyThePenguin
04-28-2009, 01:27 AM
when do you leave Lee?? and Jessita, I'm leaving earlier than you too! and I'm going from california!!!! although thankfully there've been no cases from LA county as of now :)

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 01:35 AM
well there aren't any cases in NJ either, but they probably still won't let me in :(

Lee
04-28-2009, 02:25 AM
when do you leave Lee?? and Jessita, I'm leaving earlier than you too! and I'm going from california!!!! although thankfully there've been no cases from LA county as of now :)

June 4. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything settled down by that time. The flu season should be over but we'll never know.

neenah
04-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Dang, hope this situation gets better, not only for the sake of your plans...:unsure:

PennyThePenguin
04-28-2009, 02:32 AM
gosh. so I'm the earliest then. 24th May! *yikes*

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 02:33 AM
I just heard on the news that the dreaded swine flu hit NJ :(

Great. The most densely populated state. :unsure:

PennyThePenguin
04-28-2009, 02:34 AM

:scared: bring hand sanitisers along to work jessita!!! keep away from sniffly kiddies!!!

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 02:35 AM
:scared: bring hand sanitisers along to work jessita!!! keep away from sniffly kiddies!!!

What if I already have it? :unsure: I have a runny nose :unsure: that is my only symptom really. This is why I think it is allergies... and not swine flu :unsure:

Lee
04-28-2009, 02:41 AM
What if I already have it? :unsure: I have a runny nose :unsure: that is my only symptom really. This is why I think it is allergies... and not swine flu :unsure:

runny nose is OK. You know what's the symptons of flu, no? :unsure:

Wear surgical mask :tape:

PennyThePenguin
04-28-2009, 02:44 AM
surgical masks don't help much ;) runny noses don't count jessita! fever, sore throat, body aches. those are the important signs

PennyThePenguin
04-28-2009, 02:46 AM
and oh! I bought a thermometer today :lol: takes me forever to figure out my temperature cos it's in fahrenheits :p

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 02:46 AM
My body always aches :shrug: I have big boobs which cause back aches eternally and I stand at work all day in retail so my legs are usually tired also :shrug: I don't know what's not normal aching :lol:

I have a sore throat because with a runny nose I breathe through my mouth :unsure:

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 02:48 AM
If one of my effing customers gave this to me because one of them SURELY went to mexico for spring break I WILL BE PISSED OFF.

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 02:48 AM
I really don't have time in my life for death right now.

Lee
04-28-2009, 02:49 AM
surgical masks don't help much ;) runny noses don't count jessita! fever, sore throat, body aches. those are the important signs

I know it won't stop the virus but at least nothing flying around when you sneeze, cough or whatever. :tape:

and oh! I bought a thermometer today :lol: takes me forever to figure out my temperature cos it's in fahrenheits :p

thermometer for body temperature?

Lee
04-28-2009, 02:52 AM
My body always aches :shrug: I have big boobs which cause back aches eternally and I stand at work all day in retail so my legs are usually tired also :shrug: I don't know what's not normal aching :lol:

I have a sore throat because with a runny nose I breathe through my mouth :unsure:

Do you have fever? And body aches from flu is much worse than back aches or tired legs. I experienced it more than once and it seems every nerve endings of your body are in pain. :tape:

PennyThePenguin
04-28-2009, 02:54 AM
I know it won't stop the virus but at least nothing flying around when you sneeze, cough or whatever. :tape:

thermometer for body temperature?

:p

uhhh...yaaaaaaa....what else would it be for :lol:

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 02:54 AM
Do you have fever? And body aches from flu is much worse than back aches or tired legs. I experienced it more than once and it seems every nerve endings of your body are in pain. :tape:

I don't *think* I have a fever... and I don't have body aches THAT bad. :unsure: I will buy a thermometer tomorrow.

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 02:55 AM

Meat :D

The air :D

Lee
04-28-2009, 02:56 AM

measure the room temperature? :lol:

PennyThePenguin
04-28-2009, 02:57 AM
naaaah.

meat: don't have a proper kitchen, don't need it.
air: i open the window and do the chill on skin test ;)

njnetswill
04-28-2009, 03:23 AM
I was really sick last week: high fever, body aches, cough, runny nose. It could have been swine flu or maybe it wasn't. At this point it really doesn't matter. Thousands of people in this country probably have had it and recovered without any major complications. I did pass it to my roommate though.

Lee
04-28-2009, 03:31 AM
I was really sick last week: high fever, body aches, cough, runny nose. It could have been swine flu or maybe it wasn't. At this point it really doesn't matter. Thousands of people in this country probably have had it and recovered without any major complications. I did pass it to my roommate though.

:scared: Good luck with your roommate!

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 03:32 AM
I should not have read WTAW's swine flu thread... it's much scarier than MTF's.

To be expected of course. they are scary peeps over there.

*Raine
04-28-2009, 03:35 AM
:armed: That swine flu better not hit Asia.

Jessita, take care. :awww::hug:

PennyThePenguin
04-28-2009, 03:55 AM
I should not have read WTAW's swine flu thread... it's much scarier than MTF's.

To be expected of course. they are scary peeps over there.

they're crazy over there!!! you shd've known by now :p

neenah
04-28-2009, 08:55 PM

Scary...:unsure:

Same here, actually, I was sick last week. Now I've got allergies, ugh. But, honestly, I shouldn't complain...

savesthedizzle
04-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Good news! I don't have swine flu! I bought a thermometer and I have no fever :)

neenah
04-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Whew :)

Lee
04-29-2009, 08:56 PM
My Mexico vacation is off now. :shrug:

PennyThePenguin
04-30-2009, 02:56 AM

:awww: are they refunding you?

njnetswill
04-30-2009, 03:54 AM

:(

I am worried that swine flu is going to spread out of control and I will be stranded in China or something this summer. :help:

Lee
04-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Jiat, full refund because of the insurance, which has a premium of $207 *sigh* That's the amount of money toasted :shrug:

Will, so far it's OK in Asia and after the chicken flu (H5N1) and SAR, it seems the countries there are handling this much better. :tape:

Arizona has the first confirmed case of swine flu (H1N1). An elementary school kid was sick last week but he's recovered and was in school this week. Now the whole school will be closed till next Thursday.

pepper330
05-03-2009, 05:38 PM
This is my first post on this site, and sorry for my english since i'm not a native english-speaking people.

I'm so mad at Nadal right now! not because he won the match, but because of the way he pushed Nole out to do imitation instead, when the old lady was asking him to do it. I mean Nole can do imitation, but that doesn't mean he wants to do it in every minute! And Nole just didn't want to do it right then! AHHHH! Why? Why can't Nadal do his own?? He's the CHAMPION right???

Please tell me i'm not the only me getting mad over this...

Lee
05-03-2009, 05:47 PM
This is my first post on this site, and sorry for my english since i'm not a native english-speaking people.

I'm so mad at Nadal right now! not because he won the match, but because of the way he pushed Nole out to do imitation instead, when the old lady was asking him to do it. I mean Nole can do imitation, but that doesn't mean he wants to do it in every minute! And Nole just didn't want to do it right then! AHHHH! Why? Why can't Nadal do his own?? He's the CHAMPION right???

Please tell me i'm not the only me getting mad over this...

Welcome and your English is very good.

Don't be mad! :hug: IMO, it's difficult for Nadal too. They were both put on the spot there. If Nadal didn't want Nole to do the impersonation, he would be considered too uptight, no sense of humour, etc.

And Nole did impersonation on someone else earlier in the week and he had fun, so I think as long as Nadal is OK with the impersonation, Nole is OK too.

Lee
05-03-2009, 05:48 PM
btw, what's your mother language, pepper330? And are you living in Canada now?

*Raine
05-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Will, so far it's OK in Asia and after the chicken flu (H5N1) and SAR, it seems the countries there are handling this much better. :tape:

Yeah go Philippines. :rocker2::dog:

Welcome and your English is very good.

Don't be mad! :hug: IMO, it's difficult for Nadal too. They were both put on the spot there. If Nadal didn't want Nole to do the impersonation, he would be considered too uptight, no sense of humour, etc.

And Nole did impersonation on someone else earlier in the week and he had fun, so I think as long as Nadal is OK with the impersonation, Nole is OK too.

I couldn't agree more. ;)

Masha91
05-04-2009, 03:45 AM
Hello Pepper, welcome! Your English is fine, don't worry! :)

pepper330
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Thank you...I guess i was overreacted last night...sigh...

I don't live in Canada, I'm Chinese. :P

Lee
05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Thank you...I guess i was overreacted last night...sigh...

That's normal :hug:

I don't live in Canada, I'm Chinese. :P

We have many Chinese in this forum and live all over the world. I am Chinese-Canadian but living in US. :lol:

Should we keep calling you pepper or you have other names?

njnetswill
05-05-2009, 05:16 AM
大家好!

Just testing if my Mac Chinese characters shows up on MTF. :p

PennyThePenguin
05-05-2009, 05:26 AM
it does ;) 你好!!!

Lee
05-05-2009, 05:37 AM
我們都好!!!!

pica_pica
05-05-2009, 01:47 PM
全世界都是炎黃子孫!!!

(Sorry for non-Chinese...)

Stephie Cesc
05-05-2009, 01:52 PM
大家也很好 :lol:

neenah
05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
:scratch: :lol:

Took the AP Spanish Language test today, thought it was easier than expected! Calc tomorrow...

savesthedizzle
05-05-2009, 08:05 PM

Took the AP Spanish Language test today, thought it was easier than expected! Calc tomorrow...

Good luck!!! :D

Lee
05-06-2009, 12:55 AM

Good Luck!

njnetswill
05-06-2009, 12:56 AM

How was the simulated phone conversation? When I took it, it was about Shakira :lol:

neenah
05-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Good luck!!! :D

Good Luck!

Thanks & thanks! :D

How was the simulated phone conversation? When I took it, it was about Shakira :lol:

That's awesome. :lol:

Mine was really simple, it was about going out to eat with a friend (named Rafael - of course it was Nadal in my head :angel:). The whole exam was actually quite simple. Not easy, but simple. For the essay everything you needed to say was in the sources, and the other written part was a 60-word e-mail to a friend telling them you're moving to the city they live in. My teacher had us practicing formal letter set-up this whole year...:rolls:

Apart from one section the multiple choice was very straightforward. I'm at a pretty advanced level in comparison with the others in my class, but even they were saying it was easy. :scratch:

I just spent the past few days cramming intensely for calc but somehow I know my reaction to *that* test will be extremely different. :p

savesthedizzle
05-06-2009, 01:29 AM
I am keeping mum about the Calc test until after you take it.

I took the AB test and the BC test and I have no preference for one over the other :rolls:

star
05-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Good Luck!

Hey, Lee. Wanted to tell you that I finished a book a couple of weeks ago -- Mao's Last Dancer. It's an autobiography about a man who grew up in a communal village in China -- very poor -- and became a ballet dancer who came to the west early in his career as a dancer. I liked it very much and wondered if you might be interested too. He's quite detailed about his early life before he left at age 11 to go to dance school. The dancing part is good, but also it's good when he describes how it was for him to live in the west at first.

It was so funny because I didn't even think about this when I picked up the book and even after I read that he was allowed to go to Houston for a year on an exchange program, I didn't think about it -- but then all of a sudden when he said he was Janie Parker's partner -- it hit me. I remember him! I remember the news stories about him and even saw him dance.

njnetswill
05-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Apart from one section the multiple choice was very straightforward. I'm at a pretty advanced level in comparison with the others in my class, but even they were saying it was easy. :scratch:

I just spent the past few days cramming intensely for calc but somehow I know my reaction to *that* test will be extremely different. :p

You will get a 5. I'm pretty sure.

I took AP Calc AB and it kicked my ass. But I still got a 5 somehow even though I only completed 2 of the 6 free response questions. :help: I've heard the grading curve for AB is much more generous than BC. :shrug:

Lee
05-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey, Lee. Wanted to tell you that I finished a book a couple of weeks ago -- Mao's Last Dancer. It's an autobiography about a man who grew up in a communal village in China -- very poor -- and became a ballet dancer who came to the west early in his career as a dancer. I liked it very much and wondered if you might be interested too. He's quite detailed about his early life before he left at age 11 to go to dance school. The dancing part is good, but also it's good when he describes how it was for him to live in the west at first.

It was so funny because I didn't even think about this when I picked up the book and even after I read that he was allowed to go to Houston for a year on an exchange program, I didn't think about it -- but then all of a sudden when he said he was Janie Parker's partner -- it hit me. I remember him! I remember the news stories about him and even saw him dance.

I'll see if I can find the book, thanks!

neenah
05-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I am keeping mum about the Calc test until after you take it.

I took the AB test and the BC test and I have no preference for one over the other :rolls:

The calc was...wellllllllll. The multiple choice didn't really seem that bad. :shrug: The open ended questions, though... Oh dear. :p

I took AP Calc AB and it kicked my ass. But I still got a 5 somehow even though I only completed 2 of the 6 free response questions. :help: I've heard the grading curve for AB is much more generous than BC. :shrug:

Did you really? I gave each letter of each open ended question a go (except maybe two) but only felt confident about a handful. :tape: They were very difficult! A bit more abstract than the stuff I've been doing in class. I just hope I passed, because calc is my first or second highest academic grade. I'm starting to think now that maybe my class is just easy. :rolls:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 03:14 PM
:unsure: I just saw a Walmart commercial on TV that was talking about "CHristmas costing less at Walmart"

CHRISTMAS?

WTF?

Lee
05-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I guess it's OK since we've been hearing non-stop about a 2010 Ford fusion? :lol:

You know there are people who have their Christmas shopping done by September? So it's time to plan. :tape:

Masha91
05-08-2009, 03:27 PM
My mother had all the Christmas shopping done complete with wrapping by June last year! :lol:

Lee
05-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Where can she hide them? :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 03:47 PM

I got a 2 on both tests :rolls:

Masha91
05-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Where can she hide them? :lol:

She's become very good at it over the years! :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-08-2009, 05:50 PM
:unsure: I just saw a Walmart commercial on TV that was talking about "CHristmas costing less at Walmart"

CHRISTMAS?

WTF?

I guess it's OK since we've been hearing non-stop about a 2010 Ford fusion? :lol:

You know there are people who have their Christmas shopping done by September? So it's time to plan. :tape:

uhmm.....so is it like Kmart's layaway plan :p

neenah
05-08-2009, 11:31 PM
I got a 2 on both tests :rolls:

Well, you've said you don't like math, right? (Unless I'm remembering wrong...) I love math, so I'm hoping to pass. :p

savesthedizzle
05-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Well, you've said you don't like math, right? (Unless I'm remembering wrong...) I love math, so I'm hoping to pass. :p

I don't have a passion for it, no. I was good at it, but it wasn't really my "thing"

When I took the BC test I at least got a 3 on the AB subsection, but still overall a 2, so it still didn't count for anything :tape:

Fired Up!
05-09-2009, 01:57 PM
:bigwave:

So, as my premium runs out in two days and it won't renew anymore, anyone got a pic a really good pic of Novak I could make an avatar from to keep it for a long time? :bigwave:

Lee
05-09-2009, 03:32 PM
:bigwave:

So, as my premium runs out in two days and it won't renew anymore, anyone got a pic a really good pic of Novak I could make an avatar from to keep it for a long time? :bigwave:

Check the old and new picture threads here or if you have facebook, there's a Nole picture group there.

neenah
05-11-2009, 10:57 PM

No life here. :awww:

Lee
05-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I found 2 Michael Kors handbags I liked in TJ Maxx today but one is in forest green which is not the colour I'm looking for and another in red which is what I want but it's a bit too worn :( The one I have been using for more than a year looked newer :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 11:58 PM
It looked worn :scared: that's not good :unsure:

Oooh a red would be nice :D

I have a bright red very cheap patent leather purse I like to use :D I am very much a "statement purse" kind of person. So a nice fire engine red patent leather is very much my style :rolls:

Lee
05-13-2009, 12:06 AM
It looked worn :scared: that's not good :unsure:

Oooh a red would be nice :D

I have a bright red very cheap patent leather purse I like to use :D I am very much a "statement purse" kind of person. So a nice fire engine red patent leather is very much my style :rolls:

That's what I'm looking for!!!! Although I already have a Perlina with that colour, I need a bigger one. :shrug:

I definitely need to go to a few more places to look for one. :(

neenah
05-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Today I found out that one of my favorite bands of all time (a low-key Australian group, The Lucksmiths) broke up. :sobbing:

They'd been around for 16 years and wanted to pursue other careers and have families and all that, but it's still sad. :awww: Never experienced the break-up of a band I loved so much. Except I recently found out that two of the members of the Shins were replaced, and I'm going to see them on Sunday...

Anyway, the Lucksmiths are too low-key to come back to the USA before they call it quits...so I will be building a boat and sailing to Europe/Australia within the next few months...

But in better news I found a whole bunch of interesting books in my house today. Nothing like exploring those old, dusty bookshelves! My parents accumulated a decent supply of classics before my time, which I've recently discovered.

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Today I found out that one of my favorite bands of all time (a low-key Australian group, The Lucksmiths) broke up. :sobbing:

They'd been around for 16 years and wanted to pursue other careers and have families and all that, but it's still sad. :awww: Never experienced the break-up of a band I loved so much. Except I recently found out that two of the members of the Shins were replaced, and I'm going to see them on Sunday...

Anyway, the Lucksmiths are too low-key to come back to the USA before they call it quits...so I will be building a boat and sailing to Europe/Australia within the next few months...

But in better news I found a whole bunch of interesting books in my house today. Nothing like exploring those old, dusty bookshelves! My parents accumulated a decent supply of classics before my time, which I've recently discovered.

I saw that on your FB :hug: a few of my favorite bands have broken up :awww: it sucks :sad: I am still missing The Juliana Theory :sad: I never got to see them live :sad:

neenah
05-13-2009, 02:31 AM
I saw that on your FB :hug: a few of my favorite bands have broken up :awww: it sucks :sad: I am still missing The Juliana Theory :sad: I never got to see them live :sad:

I'm sorry. :awww: I remember reading a book ages ago where a girl's favorite band broke up and she was really upset, and at the time the only bands I listened to had been broken up for decades, so I laughed at her reaction. Totally see where she's coming from now, though. :p

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:24 AM
when take that broke up. my friends were traumatised!!! I was on classroom cleaning duty before the bell rang for assembly and she ran in with the news. at 6.30am :p

savesthedizzle
05-15-2009, 04:34 AM
Adrien Brody :inlove: :lick:

savesthedizzle
05-15-2009, 04:38 AM
Oh good, he is looking slightly less homeless nowadays.

savesthedizzle
05-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Ooh this movie looks good actually :dance: Vamos Adrien, when the hell will Manolete ever be released, you made that film like 5 years ago :bigcry:

neenah
05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I have no clue what you're talking about. *Goes back under rock.* :p

Lee
05-15-2009, 09:10 PM
:wavey: Nina. I have no idea what Jess was talking about either other than it's a movie by Adrien Brody. :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-16-2009, 01:38 PM
:wavey: Nina. I have no idea what Jess was talking about either other than it's a movie by Adrien Brody. :lol:

The Brothers Bloom! Lee, it's Brody + Ruffalo! :hearts: :lol:

Last night was my HS's senior prom and my mom chaperoned it, and she said she saw one of my friend's little sisters there, and my mom talked to her for a bit and she asked about me and stuff. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS KID IS A SENIOR. THE LAST TIME I SAW HER WAS AT HER BAT MITZVAH :speakles:

I am getting old :bigcry:

PennyThePenguin
05-16-2009, 02:33 PM
don't get me started jessita :sobbing: :sobbing:

Lee
05-16-2009, 02:52 PM
The Brothers Bloom! Lee, it's Brody + Ruffalo! :hearts: :lol:

RUFFALO :hearts: :hearts:

Last night was my HS's senior prom and my mom chaperoned it, and she said she saw one of my friend's little sisters there, and my mom talked to her for a bit and she asked about me and stuff. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS KID IS A SENIOR. THE LAST TIME I SAW HER WAS AT HER BAT MITZVAH :speakles:

I am getting old :bigcry:

don't get me started jessita :sobbing: :sobbing:

+1

PennyThePenguin
05-16-2009, 03:08 PM
my arms and shoulders are aching :sobbing: it's all that moving from yesterday. :sobbing: now I have to clean the room

Lee
05-16-2009, 03:10 PM
my arms and shoulders are aching :sobbing: it's all that moving from yesterday. :sobbing: now I have to clean the room

Moving? To storage when you're in Singapore?

PennyThePenguin
05-16-2009, 06:34 PM
yeeeep.

and I'm off folks. moving out today, going to orlando tonight! :)

neenah
05-16-2009, 07:20 PM
No more blimp? :awww:

savesthedizzle
05-19-2009, 01:50 AM
This season of the Bachelorette should be me there. There is a Serb and an Argentine :lick: :lick:

Lee
05-19-2009, 04:06 AM
Patiently waiting for Jess on Bachelorette to appear on next season. :dance:

Lee
05-19-2009, 04:07 AM
I am busy burning all the Clay Master 1000 matches to DVD so there's room left on the hard drive of my recorder.

I have more than 500 CDs/DVDs for tennis. :tape:

savesthedizzle
05-19-2009, 04:42 AM
Patiently waiting for Jess on Bachelorette to appear on next season. :dance:

They wouldn't put hot Serbs and Argies on my season. They'd put unappealing blond surfer dudes on and I'd be like I QUIT.

Lee
05-19-2009, 05:21 AM
They wouldn't put hot Serbs and Argies on my season. They'd put unappealing blond surfer dudes on and I'd be like I QUIT.

I will keep sending ABC requests for Serbs and Argies on the show. :rocker2:

Lee
05-19-2009, 05:24 AM
Out of nowhere, we have severe thunderstorm tonight. All weather forecasts do not predict this :rolleyes:

At least it relieves the record breaking heat for more than a week.

neenah
05-20-2009, 02:59 AM
Saw the Shins in concert last Sunday, it was AWESOME! :rocker2: :dance: :dance:

Except the place was mobbed with hipsters who kind of just stood there looking bored for the most part. I sang and clapped and danced and screamed. :shrug: I didn't need their approval. :p

I was two/three rows from the front, and it was so awesome! :D It was my first concert, too.

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm baaaaaaaacccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! in LA that is :p

Lee
05-23-2009, 06:55 PM
So where are you staying? For the time being?

PennyThePenguin
05-23-2009, 11:42 PM
friend's place :p she's in DC playing bridesmaid :lol:

njnetswill
05-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Greetings from Beijing :wavey:

I am super excited for RG but my internet here is kind of slow and unstable. Does anyone know where I can find a good livestream? Sadly espn360 does not work here. :(

Nina: The Shins! Awesome. And yes, hipsters are super annoying. There are tons of them at my school. :o I once crashed a hipster party at Haverford College and all they did was sit around smoking :shrug: One girl told me and my friends that the theme of the party was "reflection" and she passed around a sketchbook where we were supposed to "draw our feelings". :help:

Lee
05-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Will, channelsurfing.net and atdhe.net are the usual place I look for live stream. And if they are not working, ask again in the tournament thread in this forum. Most of the Europeans here have sources for various live stream.

Have fun in Beijing! Are you staying there the whole summer?

neenah
05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Greetings from Beijing :wavey:

I am super excited for RG but my internet here is kind of slow and unstable. Does anyone know where I can find a good livestream? Sadly espn360 does not work here. :(

Nina: The Shins! Awesome. And yes, hipsters are super annoying. There are tons of them at my school. :o I once crashed a hipster party at Haverford College and all they did was sit around smoking :shrug: One girl told me and my friends that the theme of the party was "reflection" and she passed around a sketchbook where we were supposed to "draw our feelings". :help:

Will. :wavey:

The Tennis Channel has insanely awesome coverage - a choice of a couple courts, and archived matches from earlier in the day, all for free! And awesome quality. The best livestream website I've come across as far as picture/reliability/court choice. http://www.tennis-channel.tv/tennis/ I hope it works for you!

And :haha: at your story...This one girl on the line to get into the theater before the concert said, "I hate liking things other people like." I mean...it's not bad to feel that way, but to go on about it? To actually mention it? I think it's funny. :p

Lee
05-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Unfortunately, the TTC live stream is only available in US.

njnetswill
05-25-2009, 11:22 AM
channel-surfing streams are working today but I can't watch any of them because my internet is too slow. It just plays for 3 second at a time and stalls. I am about to cry. :bigcry:

Lee
05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
channel-surfing streams are working today but I can't watch any of them because my internet is too slow. It just plays for 3 second at a time and stalls. I am about to cry. :bigcry:

:awww: :hug:

PennyThePenguin
05-26-2009, 04:16 AM
HOLA FROM THE OZZER (right) side of the PACIFIC!!! urgh...I hate flying :lol:

Lee
05-26-2009, 10:33 AM
JIAT!!!!! Glad you're safely home but I miss you on this side of the ocean :awww:

at least it's comfy with Singapore airline. How many movies you watched or you just slept thru it :p

*Raine
05-26-2009, 04:45 PM

Uhm welcome to my world.

I can't watch streams from channels surfing and atdhe either. I wasn't able to watch Novak after the Aussie Open until now, since they are showing the French Open here on tv.:bigcry:

Lee
05-26-2009, 08:35 PM
:hug: Raine :hug:

njnetswill
05-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Uhm welcome to my world.

I can't watch streams from channels surfing and atdhe either. I wasn't able to watch Novak after the Aussie Open until now, since they are showing the French Open here on tv.:bigcry:

I'm spoiled by my college's high speed internet.