Forum Moderator Needed [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Forum Moderator Needed

10K Futures Qualifier
03-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Hello Fellow U.S. Tennis Fans :wavey:

Don't you think its time that we have a moderator in this area :shrug: I am not talking about in the Sub-Forums for players like for Roddick, Blake, etc. I am talking about the threads that anyone can start. It would be nice to clean up this area a bit', and not still have the threads for players that have their own 'Sub-Forum.' So I am writing to Neely, SloKid, Denaon, and ~*Carlita*~ to ask to become a moderator for this area. If you would please vote yes for me in the poll that is going along with this thread, along with your ideas. Don't worry, I am not promising things I won't do. Also, I promise I won't delete any posts or threads with out a P.M. to you before it gets deleted. I am open to all suggestions, and hope that you will also write to Neely, SloKid, Denaon, and ~*Carlita*~ telling them that I would be suitable for the job.

~ Greg :wavey:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
I am pretty active in this forum, I report things that need cleaning up to the supermods. I don't think we need another mod here. And that is not the way it works anyway.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I am pretty active in this forum, I report things that need cleaning up to the supermods. I don't think we need another mod here. And that is not the way it works anyway.

But if I got it, it would make me want to do more in this area. Like posting the players info, news, stats, match time, score, etc.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Also, you would not have to look through threads all of the time, and the SuperMods would not have to worry about deleting them. I would be much easier.

Ozone
03-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I think Mens Clay Court has a great idea. This area is kind of sloppy and American tennis is very popular. MCC will be a great mod and so much more could come from this. American players will become better-known and better publicized. I am a big U.S. tennis fan but I have to check each thread for results and stuff or do it on my own. Im sure MCC could make a bug chat thread for all the U.S. players. This will be MUCH better for this forum!!

10K Futures Qualifier
03-27-2009, 06:54 PM
I think Mens Clay Court has a great idea. This area is kind of sloppy and American tennis is very popular. MCC will be a great mod and so much more could come from this. American players will become better-known and better publicized. I am a big U.S. tennis fan but I have to check each thread for results and stuff or do it on my own. Im sure MCC could make a bug chat thread for all the U.S. players. This will be MUCH better for this forum!!

:worship:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2009, 07:43 PM
it's not up to a forum moderator to make a forum fun, it's to clean up clutter (of which the Team USA forum has almost none) and enforce the rules (of which team USA Forum almost never has any problems) . Make a big chat thread if you wan we don't need a moderator for that, do stuff to get the players known if you want, we don't need a moderator to do that either.

Plus, this is not how moderators are selected anyway - either the supermods decide that a particular forum needs moderating, or for the player forums it is done by the posters - but first, the posters decide if there is any need for a mod AT ALL, then they vote on who it should be.

Also, if you were a mod of the Team USA section, you'd also be a mod of all of the player sub-forums. And at this point, Andy's forum is the only one who needs a mod and I don't think I need any help really. So this is nothing against you, but I don't think the section needs a mod at all, and even if the mods decided it did, I imagine they would just add one of the current members of the team to the section.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-27-2009, 07:44 PM
So far the poll shows its a good idea.

Ozone
03-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Deboogle is just jealous that he may have another American mod companion:lol: :lol:

10K Futures Qualifier
03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Deboogle is just jealous that he may have another American mod companion:lol: :lol:

:lol:

Yes, anytime that someone wants to become a moderator, all of the mods team up and get mad :haha:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Dude I couldn't care less, if I thought we needed one :lol: But we don't, and this is not how mods are selected anyway, so it's a moot point :lol: Having all your buddies vote yes doesn't mean that you're gonna be a mod :lol: I bet on my own life that the supermods will decide that the Team USA forum does not need a mod :lol: If it makes you feel better to say I'm jealous instead of recognizing the facts of the situation, OK :lol:

Also, I'm a she. Thanks. :)

10K Futures Qualifier
03-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Dude I couldn't care less, if I thought we needed one :lol: But we don't, and this is not how mods are selected anyway, so it's a moot point :lol: Having all your buddies vote yes doesn't mean that you're gonna be a mod :lol: I bet on my own life that the supermods will decide that the Team USA forum does not need a mod :lol: If it makes you feel better to say I'm jealous instead of recognizing the facts of the situation, OK :lol:

Okay, so one of my friends voted yes. He also explain why.

Also, I'm a he. Thanks. :)

Deboogle!.
03-27-2009, 08:28 PM
I know you're a he, no need to be smart with me. your friend called me "he" so I was clarifying. I also don't appreciate being falsely accused of being mad and jealous. that's ridiculous, I'm not gonna get mad and jealous over an internet message board :lol:

As for the rest, we can go on and on in circles, but it won't matter, so I won't bother. :lol:

Ozone
03-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Dude, I couldn't care less. Its a moot point. :lol:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Do you think I'm stupid? Why are you mocking me? Give it up, please.

Ozone
03-27-2009, 09:15 PM
You just came onto Greg for having a great idea. You should support him. Who cares if we have an extra mod?(you do actually) Greg wants to be a mod badly and he would do a phenominal job with it.

Deboogle!.
03-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I did not come onto him. I told him how it works. It is a simple matter of fact that you don't just PM the supermods and get to be a mod, you do not get to start a poll in a forum and get to be a mod if there are more yes votes than no (especially since the poll was started by Greg himself and is not public).

Greg and I have exchanged friendly messages in the past and he knows I am here to help - in the past I have been the only mod to even answer his questions. That doesn't give you the right to disrespect my gender or mock me, nor does it mean you are correct in saying if I care if we have an extra mod (which I do NOT care, so sorry, you're wrong). I'm not being rude, but it doesn't matter if Greg wants to be a mod badly, and it doesn't even matter if he'd do a phenomenal job with it. It matters if we need it. The supermods will determine that, I won't. But I am pretty confident in what they'll decide, and I was expressing that. Would you, or he, rather I lie? You can't just ignore how things at MTF have always been done just because he wants it badly. And there's definitely no need to start laying into me about it and being rude and completely mocking me. It doesn't help anyone and despite what you think, I am NOT the enemy.

Ozone
03-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Deb :smooch:

I still hate Roddick though.

cobalt60
03-27-2009, 10:27 PM
See no need for a mod for the USA forum. BTW Greg are you old enough to vote? :p

Ozone
03-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Greg is probably more mature than most mods.

cobalt60
03-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Greg is probably more mature than most mods.

Really? How old is he then?

10K Futures Qualifier
03-27-2009, 11:15 PM
I did not come onto him. I told him how it works. It is a simple matter of fact that you don't just PM the supermods and get to be a mod, you do not get to start a poll in a forum and get to be a mod if there are more yes votes than no (especially since the poll was started by Greg himself and is not public).

Greg and I have exchanged friendly messages in the past and he knows I am here to help - in the past I have been the only mod to even answer his questions. That doesn't give you the right to disrespect my gender or mock me, nor does it mean you are correct in saying if I care if we have an extra mod (which I do NOT care, so sorry, you're wrong). I'm not being rude, but it doesn't matter if Greg wants to be a mod badly, and it doesn't even matter if he'd do a phenomenal job with it. It matters if we need it. The supermods will determine that, I won't. But I am pretty confident in what they'll decide, and I was expressing that. Would you, or he, rather I lie? You can't just ignore how things at MTF have always been done just because he wants it badly. And there's definitely no need to start laying into me about it and being rude and completely mocking me. It doesn't help anyone and despite what you think, I am NOT the enemy.

Deb, why does it matter if I start the poll, I can't like vote multiple times. Also, how do I make it public. Also, Deb I was just joking, you are a very nice person, one of the nicest on this board. :hug:

Fee
03-28-2009, 12:27 AM
This forum does not need a mod, and starting off the discussion by having your buddy insult a current mod who has earned a lot of respect around here is not a good way to start.

Fee
03-28-2009, 12:29 AM
But if I got it, it would make me want to do more in this area. Like posting the players info, news, stats, match time, score, etc.

So you're only interested in posting in this forum if you have a title?

10K Futures Qualifier
03-28-2009, 12:36 AM
This forum does not need a mod, and starting off the discussion by having your buddy insult a current mod who has earned a lot of respect around here is not a good way to start.

Yeah, thats right Fee, I was like hey Ozone, go be a total ass to this mod. BTW, he didn't insult her.

So you're only interested in posting in this forum if you have a title?

Yes, it would motivate me to post here more.

Fee
03-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah, thats right Fee, I was like hey Ozone, go be a total ass to this mod. BTW, he didn't insult her.

I think he did.

Yes, it would motivate me to post here more.

That's pretty funny. Thanks for your honesty.

FilipeMB
03-28-2009, 12:46 AM
pretty interesting all of this :lol:

Ozone
03-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Goodness guys seriously now. Cmon I said i was sorry to Deb. But all of you need to chill out and respect Greg's idea. I think it would be great to have a hard-working mod who would do nothing but help this forum. I love US tennis and having a mod who not make that any worse. What would it hurt?? Greg knows what needs to be done. If he doesn't do a good job, just get rid of him. I seriously doubt that would happen. Only good could come out of this.

savesthedizzle
03-28-2009, 12:58 AM
I think what people are trying to show you guys is that you can post and all that and make this a fun place without being a mod :shrug:

I would say that you *should* be doing that before you can ever expect to be made one. I made the Djokovic forum a fun place, and that is why I was chosen by my peers to represent us.

You guys just have the order of things wrong, that's all. You don't become a mod, and then make a forum great... you make a player forum great and THEN become a mod.

If you guys think you have some great ideas you can make them happen without a silly title :)

Fee
03-28-2009, 01:08 AM
I think what people are trying to show you guys is that you can post and all that and make this a fun place without being a mod :shrug:

I would say that you *should* be doing that before you can ever expect to be made one. I made the Djokovic forum a fun place, and that is why I was chosen by my peers to represent us.

You guys just have the order of things wrong, that's all. You don't become a mod, and then make a forum great... you make a player forum great and THEN become a mod.

If you guys think you have some great ideas you can make them happen without a silly title :)

Thanks Jess, that's it exactly.

Greg, if you honestly care about this forum and the players represented here then get involved first. Becoming a mod is a reward for work done and respect earned, it is not something that you show up and demand out of the blue. That's kind of like showing up on your first day at work as the McDonalds french fry cook and demanding to be the manager.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Thanks Jess, that's it exactly.

Greg, if you honestly care about this forum and the players represented here then get involved first. Becoming a mod is a reward for work done and respect earned, it is not something that you show up and demand out of the blue. That's kind of like showing up on your first day at work as the McDonalds french fry cook and demanding to be the manager.

Okay, I see where you are coming from. But, if I do a ton of work, and really get this area going, what happens if people like Deb come in and say we don't need one. I don't want to do a ton of work, and then when I ask to become one, people say there is no need for one.

savesthedizzle
03-28-2009, 02:00 AM
Well if there's no need for one, there's no need for one. Being a moderator can't be your only motivation for this because then there is still a large possibility you leave disappointed still.

You need to be doing this for the right reasons... which would be for making the forum more active and more fun, which is what you want, not because of any personal gain.

Not every forum has a moderator, not every forum needs one. Put in the work for making a great forum because you want to enjoy it. If the absolute only reason you would do it is to become a moderator some day, honestly, you're not doing it for the right reasons, so don't even bother :shrug:

Deboogle!.
03-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Greg, I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of a moderator. A moderator does not make a place busy or fun or good. a moderator fixes problems :lol: the andy forum didn't have a moderator for a long time. When I first joined MTF there were maybe only a handful of people who even posted there, but as MTF grew and Andy got more hated on MTF, we started having trolling problems, spam, people coming in and saying mean stuff. THAT's when we got a mod. I think you are romanticizing being a moderator as if it's something it's not. It's not fun. It's actually really annoying most of the time. I like being a mod of the Andy forum b/c I feel like I can protect us in there and try to keep the forum a fun and friendly place, but I'd rather not have to deal with the crap that sometimes comes up. It's not fun to warn people, especially when it's people you generally like. It's not fun to delete people's posts and merge their threads and ask them to be nice.

If you were to do whatever you have in mind to get the Team USA forum more active, and then if some time down the road, it got so busy to the point where people were causing trouble, then I would absolutely say, OK now it is time for a moderator. But an awful lot has to happen before then. If you do a ton of work, but this part of the forum still stays drama-free and whatnot, then there will never be a need for a moderator here. And a few merging of threads or stickies here and there is not enough to need a moderator, because the supermods are more than happy to do those kinds of things for us.

My advice to you would be to stop putting your energy into becoming a mod and put it into whatever work you have in mind here. If you truly care about making the Team USA forum a busy place, then seeing its success should be the only thing you need. Perhaps now that you understand what mods actually do a bit more, you will see it's maybe not what you thought at all.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-28-2009, 02:53 AM
Thank for the advice. I will do that.

Ozone
03-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I hope the Andy forum blows up.

Ozone
03-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Well Greg, I hope you get this place going!

Carlita
03-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Okay, I see where you are coming from. But, if I do a ton of work, and really get this area going, what happens if people like Deb come in and say we don't need one. I don't want to do a ton of work, and then when I ask to become one, people say there is no need for one.Basically, if the forum is not a "problem" area, there is no need for a moderator. People here want threads merged, stickied (is that a word? :lol: ) or whatever, they can ask one of the moderators shown at the bottom of the place, it's what we're here for. And for now there really is no need for a Team USA mod. No need to fix something if it ain't broke ;)

Deboogle!.
03-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I hope the Andy forum blows up.Wow, that's a very nice thing to say. :)

Fee
03-28-2009, 06:53 PM
I hope the Andy forum blows up.

When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
- Japanese proverb.

Ozone
03-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Look at Roddick's fiance!!:lol: Ugliest swimsuit model there is:lol:

Deboogle!.
03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
How in the world is that relevant to greg becoming a mod of the Team USA section OR your comment about hoping the Roddick forum "blows up" - now you're just being antagonistic for fun. It's boring. :zzz:

star
03-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Greg, I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of a moderator. A moderator does not make a place busy or fun or good. a moderator fixes problems :lol: the andy forum didn't have a moderator for a long time. When I first joined MTF there were maybe only a handful of people who even posted there, but as MTF grew and Andy got more hated on MTF, we started having trolling problems, spam, people coming in and saying mean stuff. THAT's when we got a mod. I think you are romanticizing being a moderator as if it's something it's not. It's not fun. It's actually really annoying most of the time. I like being a mod of the Andy forum b/c I feel like I can protect us in there and try to keep the forum a fun and friendly place, but I'd rather not have to deal with the crap that sometimes comes up. It's not fun to warn people, especially when it's people you generally like. It's not fun to delete people's posts and merge their threads and ask them to be nice.

If you were to do whatever you have in mind to get the Team USA forum more active, and then if some time down the road, it got so busy to the point where people were causing trouble, then I would absolutely say, OK now it is time for a moderator. But an awful lot has to happen before then. If you do a ton of work, but this part of the forum still stays drama-free and whatnot, then there will never be a need for a moderator here. And a few merging of threads or stickies here and there is not enough to need a moderator, because the supermods are more than happy to do those kinds of things for us.

My advice to you would be to stop putting your energy into becoming a mod and put it into whatever work you have in mind here. If you truly care about making the Team USA forum a busy place, then seeing its success should be the only thing you need. Perhaps now that you understand what mods actually do a bit more, you will see it's maybe not what you thought at all.

I can verify how hungry you were to get the moderator job. When the forum first voted not to have a moderator you were extremely chagrined to put it mildly, and then excluded the people who didn't want a moderator from voting for a moderator the second time around because you thought they might not vote for you. Oh, true, you didn't do that yourself. You had Tangy do it for you the explanation being that the long time members of the forum who didn't saw no reason for a moderator had no interest in who was moderator. Now, it appears from what you say that you are "acting moderator" for the USA forum and make sure things are running smoothly there. The ironic thing is that you are now making the argument I made a few years ago: The forum doesn't need a moderator.

I doubt that the USA forum needs a moderator. But I think that's true of most of the forums. It wasn't as if the Roddick forum was running amok before there was a moderator either.

Deboogle!.
03-28-2009, 09:52 PM
I can verify how hungry you were to get the moderator job. When the forum first voted not to have a moderator you were extremely chagrined to put it mildly, and then excluded the people who didn't want a moderator from voting for a moderator the second time around because you thought they might not vote for you. Oh, true, you didn't do that yourself. You had Tangy do it for you the explanation being that the long time members of the forum who didn't saw no reason for a moderator had no interest in who was moderator. Now, it appears from what you say that you are "acting moderator" for the USA forum and make sure things are running smoothly there. The ironic thing is that you are now making the argument I made a few years ago: The forum doesn't need a moderator.:haha: I know you don't like me, but you don't need to make up completely ridiculous untruths about things that happened years ago. You even admit that you're just assuming that I "had tangy" do something for me. That's ridiculous, and it's patently untrue, but I don't expect you to accept that. I don't imagine that Tangy would be pleased to know that you are projecting your distaste for me onto her and basically saying she is too weak to act on her own and just listened to what I was telling her behind the scenes. I like tangy just fine, but she and I are hardly close enough to where she would act on my behalf or take my orders.

Now, it appears from what you say that you are "acting moderator" for the USA forum and make sure things are running smoothly there. The ironic thing is that you are now making the argument I made a few years ago: The forum doesn't need a moderator.Excuse me? Where did I say this? Oh wait, I didn't. I am not "acting moderator" at all and I said nothing to suggest that. Once or twice I have asked the supermods to get rid of a spam thread and maybe once or twice I have asked for threads to be merged. But I know that other people - non-moderators - have asked for similar things and have reported posts as well. I know you think you have me all figured out, but please do not put words into my mouth and thoughts into my head. You didn't think we had a need for an Andy forum, fine. I don't think that the Team USA forum - which has maybe 10 sporadically active posters at the moment - needs one now. They are hardly the same so I don't see how you can analogize the two. But that's fine if you think it's the same thing, I'm not going to quibble about it with you. If you have issues with me still after all these years, I am sorry for that. But I will not allow you to continue making up lies about me and smearing me through the mud to anyone who might listen.

You will continue to believe whatever you want, but what happened in regards to the Andy forum moderator stuff is quite clear in the threads that are still easily accessible in the Andy forum.

JolánGagó
03-28-2009, 11:08 PM
No.

Ozone
03-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Deb just quit defending yourself and if people want to bash you, let them:)

Fee
03-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Actually, it's a shame we don't have a forum mod right now, this POS thread would have been deleted by now. What irony.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Wow the poll is switched. Yes, do you see Fee, this is still open. It should have been deleted. Also, does the more moderators slow up a board? If it doesn't then there is no hard for me becoming one. A thread like the David Cup tickets for sale is still open. You could argue both ways, but maybe a moderator is needed.

Fee
03-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Wow the poll is switched. Yes, do you see Fee, this is still open. It should have been deleted. Also, does the more moderators slow up a board? If it doesn't then there is no hard for me becoming one. A thread like the David Cup tickets for sale is still open. You could argue both ways, but maybe a moderator is needed.

So what if the Daivs Cup tickets thread is still open? There are a lot of threads still open. A moderator is not needed in this forum, the Super Mods take care of the minor problems here just fine. If the time ever comes that we need a moderator here, Deb gets my vote.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-29-2009, 01:30 AM
So what if the Daivs Cup tickets thread is still open? There are a lot of threads still open. A moderator is not needed in this forum, the Super Mods take care of the minor problems here just fine. If the time ever comes that we need a moderator here, Deb gets my vote.

Yeah, but even little threads closed makes the forum run just a little bit' faster. And Fee, I though we were tight, you aren't my B.F.F. anymore?

Fee
03-29-2009, 01:52 AM
Yeah, but even little threads closed makes the forum run just a little bit' faster. And Fee, I though we were tight, you aren't my B.F.F. anymore?

You are kidding right?

10K Futures Qualifier
03-29-2009, 02:17 AM
You are kidding right?

No, I thought me and you were like best friends :shrug:

10K Futures Qualifier
03-29-2009, 02:18 AM
Here is a copy of my P.M. to the Administrators...

Dear Administrators,

Will you please close the following threads in the Team U.S.A. Section? Here I have listed the name of the thread, the link, and why I think it should be closed.

2 Davis Cup Tickets Available - Low Price, Lower Level, Center of the Court - here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=138809) - The event for which the person that is selling the tickets for has passed.

Team USA blurb - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=136102) - It seems like no action has been taken on this, even though it was a good idea. So if you plan to keep the same 'blurb' then the thread should be closed.

Todd Paul - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134986) There is another thread for Todd Paul that has more posts.

2008 USTA Boy's National Tennis Championships - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128988) This thread should have been move to the juniors area, but it has already been played so it can be closed for sure.

Help! - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=120255) This article has already been written, so Kai does not need anyone help writing it anymore.

Who will have best run on Clay? - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=119151) Last years clay season has already happened, so we don't need this thread.

How many Young American will come out next year - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89292) 2007 is long gone!

Why are we running away from clay? - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=100163) The 2008 clay court season is over.

Who is this player? Need your help. - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114038) The question has already been answered.

Where are the American Men playing? Updated Wed.14 - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=97407) Looks like the thread die, please delete it and I will start one.

Donald Young- the future of American tennis - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=13313) The is already a thread for Donald Young with more posts in it.

the future of usa tennis ? - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=84904) Looks like this belongs in G.M., and the question it seems has already been answered, it seems that they agreed on Young.

Roddick - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=90269) This needs to either be deleted, or moves to Andy's forum.

The Future Of Tennis - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=13817) This thread got off topic, had no point, and is old.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=27366) This belonged in Alex's forum, and his birthday has passed.

Looking for web tennis player adress - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=26515) Looks like Fee answered the question, please lock it or delete it.

And I'm proud to be an American.... - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=6876) Looks like discussion for that year is over.

Kooyong: three grand slam champions to play - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=6495) That tournament is long gone.

James Blake Cheering thread!!! - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=4052) This should be deleted, or moved to James' forum.

Robbie Ginepri Minnie Driver's His Way To Many Titles!! - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=5019) This should be deleted, or moved to Robby's forum.

Welcome to Africa in Morocco for playing Tennis and Surfing :... - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=4330) This is spam.

The Andy Roddick Cheering Thread! - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=631) This should be delete, or moved to Andy's forum.

for fans of Michael Chang...C/P - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=2371) There is already a Change thread with more posts.

The American Scud cheering thread! - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=613) This should be either deleted, or moved to Taylor's forum.

Mardy Fish Article - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=948) This should be deleted, or moved to Mardy's forum.

Is the name of this forum for real? - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=744) Looks like nothing is going to happen here.

Double sighting - here. (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=745) Looks like that rubber is over.

Okay, please delete or move those. If any of them are not moved, please P.M. me with the reason. This took me quite a while, so please do not just ignore this.

Greg :wavey:

Fee
03-29-2009, 04:08 AM
No, I thought me and you were like best friends :shrug:

No, and I have no idea why you would think that (if you are being serious, which I doubt).

Everything that you have asked for in your PM is completely unnecessary. No one cares about dead threads, and they don't slow the forum down. I am really beginning to wonder if you want to be a mod here so you can put it on a homemade business card and pass it out to your friends or something.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-29-2009, 04:22 AM
What about duplicate threads?

Fee
03-29-2009, 04:26 AM
That only matters if they are both on the first page.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Like the Todd Paul one?

Carlita
03-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Everything that you have asked for in your PM is completely unnecessary. No one cares about dead threads, and they don't slow the forum down. My thoughts exactly. In some forums there are 100's of threads and no one seems to care about them. Besides, what's the difference between closing them and not using them? :confused: They would still be here....:shrug: only with a lock on them. Every player forum has dead threads, it happens, they just flow to the back pages of the forum, which is fine.

Carlita
03-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Like the Todd Paul one? Those 2 I merged.

SloKid
03-29-2009, 09:30 AM
My 2 cents:
1. If we go by the poll results alone, you don't have anywhere near the support needed, on the contrary. Anyway that is not how moderators are chosen, yes, there have been polls in the past, but it was not done by a single poster nominating themselves and starting a poll with them as only option.
2. With your recent PM on which threads need to be closed, you've clearly shown you don't know how this forum functions, therefore demonstrating you don't have what it takes to be a mod. Btw. if threads are closed or not has no real effect on the servers.
3. Having your friend here insult people opposing your proposal isn't helping either. In general this thread has turned ugly and therefore I'm closing it and with it this whole issue.