Andy is sooooooooo cocky!!!!!:( [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy is sooooooooo cocky!!!!!:(

gogo_guga
08-10-2004, 04:45 AM
My family and I recently came back from the Toronto TMS where we were fortunate enough to meet all the players. I have to say that I was quite disappointed at how cocky Andy Roddick has become. I remember first seeing him in person two years ago when he was still a rookie. At that time I was absolutely in awe of him, he was great with the fans and took time to sign autographs for everyone. However, this time around things were a little different. Although I cannot deny that Roddick is a true entertainer, I must say that he has become quite full of himself off-court. I watched him practice and was surprised to see how many fans he left wanting autographs and pictures.
No wonder Roger Federer is #1, he remains as humble as he used to be before climbing up the ranking. Roger has the same number of fans (if not more) and he always manages to sign a lot more autographs than Roddick does. Roger also makes eye contact with the fans. Therefore, I encourage fans to approach him if they get a chance because he is 'da man.'

Federer vs. Roddick singles record: 7-1
Go Roger!!!!! Take the US Open title away from Andy just like you did in Toronto!!!!!!!!

reason
08-10-2004, 06:55 AM
lucky`````````

so`````

UseTheSearchTool
08-10-2004, 07:14 AM
My family and I recently came back from the Toronto TMS where we were fortunate enough to meet all the players. I have to say that I was quite disappointed at how cocky Andy Roddick has become. I remember first seeing him in person two years ago when he was still a rookie. At that time I was absolutely in awe of him, he was great with the fans and took time to sign autographs for everyone. However, this time around things were a little different. Although I cannot deny that Roddick is a true entertainer, I must say that he has become quite full of himself off-court. I watched him practice and was surprised to see how many fans he left wanting autographs and pictures.
No wonder Roger Federer is #1, he remains as humble as he used to be before climbing up the ranking. Roger has the same number of fans (if not more) and he always manages to sign a lot more autographs than Roddick does. Roger also makes eye contact with the fans. Therefore, I encourage fans to approach him if they get a chance because he is 'da man.'

Go Roger!!!!! Take the US Open title away from Andy just like you did in Toronto!!!!!!!!

Really, you should post this in the General Messages forum, and then there will be a wider range of opinions, than what you would get here, plus it's inviting a negative reaction by posting this here, whether you want this or not.

This is the Duck forum, and let them congregate in peace.

gogo_guga
08-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Really, you should post this in the General Messages forum, and then there will be a wider range of opinions, than what you would get here, plus it's inviting a negative reaction by posting this here, whether you want this or not.

This is the Duck forum, and let them congregate in peace.

IN RESPONSE TO THIS: I can wherever I wish to

gogo_guga
08-10-2004, 02:04 PM
post that is

Nishy
08-10-2004, 03:57 PM
It is sad to know for me as Andy fan. :sad:
I have heard some people who met Roger said same thing like he is humble and has eye contact with fans. Andy is not so much.

I have never seen him so I can't say anything absolute certainty, but thinking about Andy's looks, I think he gets more attention from teen girls than Roger, some girls are too aggressive (rip his shirts, etc) and he seems to try to escape from dangerous fans..lol

Carito_90
08-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Someone here (deb or mani, not sure who) said once that Andy had said: "It's hard to please everyone cos if you got 400 people waiting for your autograph and you spend an hour signing 200 you still have 200 unpleased people."

You should take on count the fact that in 2002 or 2001 when you first met him he had probably half of the fans the now has. That's why some not-that-high-ranked players seem to be much more nicer... because they might not have as many fans and the high ranked have so it's easier to talk to the fans and sign everything.

And even if Roger is #1 I'm pretty sure Andy has more fans. Specially 'groupies' that might not even know anything about tennis but they still go meet him just because he's a hot piece of ass (which Fed certainly isn't :lol: )

Anyway... I know I shouldn't be feeding trolls but poor them, I dont want them to starve :sad: :lol:

tangerine_dream
08-10-2004, 04:03 PM
This gives me a chance to post a different troll sign.

http://forums.aliensoup.com/images/smilies/sign_trolls.gif

Nishy, I would take this latest trolls' words with a grain of salt. Andy himself said that you can't please everybody. You could sign autographs all day long and hundreds of fans would still walk away disappointed.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've heard a lot of nasty rumors about Roger and his lack of fan-friendliness but it's not worth repeating because chances are, those are rumors spread by haters just like this one about Andy was.

Nishy
08-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Someone here (deb or mani, not sure who) said once that Andy had said: "It's hard to please everyone cos if you got 400 people waiting for your autograph and you spend an hour signing 200 you still have 200 unpleased people."

You should take on count the fact that in 2002 or 2001 when you first met him he had probably half of the fans the now has. That's why some not-that-high-ranked players seem to be much more nicer... because they might not have as many fans and the high ranked have so it's easier to talk to the fans and sign everything.

And even if Roger is #1 I'm pretty sure Andy has more fans. Specially 'groupies' that might not even know anything about tennis but they still go meet him just because he's a hot piece of ass (which Fed certainly isn't :lol: )
You said what I wanted to say :worship: :worship:

Anyway... I know I shouldn't be feeding trolls but poor them, I dont want them to starve :sad: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Nishy
08-10-2004, 04:08 PM
This gives me a chance to post a different troll sign.

http://forums.aliensoup.com/images/smilies/sign_trolls.gif

Nishy, I would take this latest trolls' words with a grain of salt. Andy himself said that you can't please everybody. You could sign autographs all day long and hundreds of fans would still walk away disappointed.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've heard a lot of nasty rumors about Roger and his lack of fan-friendliness but it's not worth repeating because chances are, those are rumors spread by haters just like this one about Andy was.

Thank you tangerine,
My feeling is getting much better.

jessa007
08-10-2004, 05:22 PM
i don't think he is cocky at all!! at least he signs autographs... some players don't even do that much!! oh and fed usually doesn't sign autographs after a match he lost.

RoddickBabe10
08-10-2004, 05:41 PM
The thing people don't understand sometimes is that Andy is way bigger than he was two years ago. And now, of course, it may appear like he "doesn't care" about his fans anymore. I don't think that at all, I think he's just trying to "escape from dangerous fans" (as said by Nishy :lol: ). Of course, I'm sad for you gogo_guga that you think of him like that now, but think about it, you can't really say he's cocky if you didn't even talk to him. He didn't say anything rude to you or anything, so maybe you're just really disappointed as how "paranoid" he was :lol: :)

superpinkone37
08-10-2004, 05:46 PM
yes u are totally right roddickbabe10-- he even said somewhere (i dont remember where though...) that he would like to sign everyone's autograph and take a picture with everyone, but as much as he may want to, its just not possible.

star
08-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Andy always signs some autographs after he loses. I see very few players that sign after a loss.

Goodness knows Agassi doesn't.

superpinkone37
08-10-2004, 06:12 PM
yea u cant say that andy doesnt sign autographs or is cocky like that. that shows some appreication for his fans that he signs even when he loses, when many other players do not.

RoddickBabe10
08-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Star and Superpink :yeah:

In other words, Andy isn't cocky. Just paranoid lol.

superpinkone37
08-10-2004, 06:32 PM
that or he realizes, he could sign autographs for hours and he would still leave people unhappy.

RoddickBabe10
08-10-2004, 06:40 PM
:lol: Yep superpink. There is just no possbile way he could sign autographs for EACH and EVERYONE of his fans. And I understand and respect that.

Golfnduck
08-10-2004, 06:58 PM
I bet Andy has WAY more fans than Roger. He can't stand there all day and sign autographs. That doesn't make him cocky. He has a schedule that he has to stick to. Cut him some slack and post this elsewhere.

superpinkone37
08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
yep i agree, we dont need to sit here and prove that andy is a good guy. we already know that he would love to make every fan happy, if u dont agree then u arent an andy fan, so this isnt the place for you

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I bet Andy has WAY more fans than Roger. He can't stand there all day and sign autographs. That doesn't make him cocky. He has a schedule that he has to stick to. Cut him some slack and post this elsewhere.
Who has "more fans" depends entirely on where you are. I heard more people raving and running after Fed when I was in Toronto than I did for Andy. However, I never did manage to catch Andy practicing for some reason.

Roger also makes eye contact with the fans.

That's not always true.

star
08-10-2004, 07:30 PM
It was only a matter of time til this name popped up again in Andy's forum. :rolleyes:

Please ignore whatever snide remark she made this time. :)

Rick V
08-10-2004, 08:57 PM
No player can sign every autograph everytime. Check out Federer's Center Court interview with Chris Matthews on the Tennis Channel. He talks about how you soon learn that you can't sign every autograph being sought.

The last 2 times I've seen Roddick play in person, the 2003 U.S. Open and a charity match w/Agassi in December 2003, I was amazed that he stayed after both matches to satisfy, it seemed, every single autograph seeker in the crowd. But sometimes you are tired and you have to take care of business.

gogo_guga
08-10-2004, 09:09 PM
IT'S NOT CHRIS MATTHEWS, IT'S CHRIS MYERS!!!!!! GOD, DON'T YOU KNOW YOUR TENNIS CHANNEL SHOWS!!!!!!!!
Just kidding :)
I didn't mean to make you guys mad or anything, I'm just saying that Roddick has changed a bit since the last time I saw him. Don't you think that I'm upset about that too, I mean, I used to be a huge fan!!!! I could barely believe it when during practice, he gave these fans the nastiest look when they yelled "Andy we love you."
And one other thing. Yes, Roger Federer does have more fans than Roddick. I can say this for a fact because when Roger arrived to practice on the court next to Andy's, half the fans on Andy's side left to watch him. It was crazy, some people were even standing on chairs and tabletops to get a glance of Roger.

08-10-2004, 09:19 PM
I went to Wimbledon on the second Monday. I saw Roger beat Karlovic. He did not sign any autographs. I saw Andy beat Popp. He signed many autographs. Not that this necassarily means anything regarding the 'cockiness' issue, it was just an observation. Anyhow, how can anyone know whether Roger/Andy are cocky unless you know them personally?

Pretty_in_pink
08-10-2004, 10:15 PM
hey!
I might be a little late on this but i wanna put in my 2 cents
I can only judge on wut i've seen and i've met andy a handfull of times and everytime he was as nice and sweet as the last
i too was in Toronto recently and he was quite nice joking around with fans and his coach during his practice it was really fun to be there
everytime i saw him he would try and get to as many ppl as possible and he'd always laugh and joke around lol and about that eye contact thing ... even if its not a valid reason to judge how someone is cocky or not ... he had plenty with me lol i even joked around on how damn sexy he was and he just laughed

And another time there were a good bunch of ppl pushing around to get to him and there were kids at the front and he was like woah guys watch the kids just calm down i'll get to as muchas i can

so with that i still beleive that andy does try his best to please as much ppl as possible ... but give the guy a break ... its hard

Carito_90
08-10-2004, 10:17 PM
gogo_guga, there are many rumors about Andy being really cocky nowadays, as well as rumors about Andy being one of the nicest guys on tour (with fans). You can see it here, you say he's cocky and there are other two people that are saying he was really nice and signed everything when they saw him. Who knows. He might not have had a great day that day but everyone has bad day every now and then you know. As well as Roger might have had it that they when *******(etc lol) saw him.

One more thing... Andy giving his fans the nastiest look when they yell "Andy we love you"? Maybe you just imagined it :lol: Tho that would prove my theory about the bad day thing lol

Chloe le Bopper
08-10-2004, 10:52 PM
It was only a matter of time til this name popped up again in Andy's forum. :rolleyes:

Please ignore whatever snide remark she made this time. :)

Judging a post without out reading it first is extremely stupid. Very fitting of your character.

RoddickBabe10
08-11-2004, 02:39 AM
A lot of opinions may vary whether your an Andy fan or not. I mean, you know, if you're a fan of his of course you'd defend him right and if you're not, well, you'd be like "Hell yeah, he's a bad guy" or whatever. It all comes down to one thing in the end anyways, the Andy-haters will ALWAYS hate him and his fans will ALWAYS love and respect him. So, like what superpink said, we dont need to sit here and prove that andy is a good guy. we already know that he would love to make every fan happy, if u dont agree then u arent an andy fan, so this isnt the place for you :worship:

Have a nice day :wavey: :)

Iheartandy&roger
08-11-2004, 02:50 AM
I'm sure he noticed ALL of u fans up there since he has soo LITTLE lmao.... and on top of it it's a whole different case here like if he was supposed to sign autographs and showed up an hour late and didnt sign as many as he had to and just got up and left then I would call him cocky but just because you all were screaming and cheering and swarming all over him i'm sure he had the time to look at all those fans and sign all your autographs I mean hello some of them are even lucky they got an autograph he didnt have to stop and even pay any of u in the stands any mind and I bet he had so much control over all of you and i bet he could think so much .... like any of you were civil he probably had to get out of there or you probably all would have trampled him or somethin.

Deboogle!.
08-11-2004, 03:08 AM
:yawn: I'm not even reading this thread but what I want to know is WHY people are replying??!!

RoddickBabe10
08-11-2004, 03:24 AM
LOL Bunk! I know I shouldn't "feed the trolls" eh? I am so sorry. Sometimes they just get to me lol. I get so pissed when they talk trash about Andy. It's so damn stupid. Anyways, let's talk about Barney... lol :scratch:

superpinkone37
08-11-2004, 03:27 AM
yeah, its so tempting to prove them wrong once again. i will stop though. this will be my last post on this thread...i promise

RoddickBabe10
08-11-2004, 03:31 AM
Way to set an example superpink :yeah: This will be my last post on this thread too!

Byebye people! Have a nice day :wavey:

loveit
08-13-2004, 11:13 PM
I think Andy is COCKY on and off court and Roger is all CLASS on and off the court... My family and I recently came back from the Toronto TMS where we were fortunate enough to meet all the players. I have to say that I was quite disappointed at how cocky Andy Roddick has become. I remember first seeing him in person two years ago when he was still a rookie. At that time I was absolutely in awe of him, he was great with the fans and took time to sign autographs for everyone. However, this time around things were a little different. Although I cannot deny that Roddick is a true entertainer, I must say that he has become quite full of himself off-court. I watched him practice and was surprised to see how many fans he left wanting autographs and pictures.

bobbyboo
08-13-2004, 11:24 PM
well thats ur opinion sweetheart. :rolls:

the majority of the ppl in this forum adore andy - now if u dont, there is no need 2 bad mouth him, just keep ur opinion 2 urself. :tape:

andy rocks! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Carito_90
08-13-2004, 11:30 PM
omg that av bobbyboo :drool: I love two of those pics but not THAT one :hearts:

bobbyboo
08-13-2004, 11:41 PM
haha but hes just so damn sexy with dirty clothes on!!