David on Rally show ( US tv) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

David on Rally show ( US tv)

khyber
08-09-2004, 02:32 PM
So, I'm a big rally fan and I was watching the coverage last night on Speedvision here in the US. This week was rally Finland, but they have a 30 minute preshow that also reviews the previous race, in this case Rally Argentina. After they showed Carlos Sainz winning the rally, they said that we know that Carlos can drive, but he has also shown us other talents as well. They then showed Carlos playing soccer and golf.... and then they said "but we didn't know he was also a tennis player."

They showed him playing with "the Cordoban, top ten tennis player David Nalbandian." It was only a few shots back and forth and then showed them hugging at the net. Next, they said "and the Argentine got what he wanted too." , then they cut to a shot of David and Carlos in the rally car drving it during shakedown. It was an in car camera looking up at them from the co-drivers angle. The roads were very rough because David was getting shaken around. The next sceen was probably taken right after they played tennis because Carlos and David were surrounded by kids and giving them autographs and they were in their tennis clothes. Too funny!!

jazz_girl
08-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Yeah, we had photos of that event a few weeks ago. But I think none of us got to see and footage of it. You're so lucky!
Anyway, thanks a lot! ;)

bovenbuuf
08-09-2004, 03:06 PM
no we don't have that show here..
so thanks for telling!

*Ljubica*
08-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us Khyber :)