Miami - Rafa crashes and burns against DelPo :sobbing: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami - Rafa crashes and burns against DelPo :sobbing:

Pages : [1] 2

cmurray
03-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Vamos Rafa in Miami. :D

Bibberz
03-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Oh, Tappy. :lol: :hug:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/fail-owned-crosswalk-fail1.jpg?w=460&h=334

Bibberz
03-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I was being ironical, BD. :rolleyes:

Starting a tournament thread for Rafa while he's still playing in a different tournament is "ironical"? :scratch:

cmurray
03-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Starting a tournament thread for Rafa while he's still playing in a different tournament is "ironical"? :scratch:

I was asked to start it. :shrug: And you posted in it before I could delete it. :mad:

Bibberz
03-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I was asked to start it. :shrug:

Yes, and I bet you were only too happy to start this thread in an attempt to steal Hilde's thunder. For shame. :(

And you posted in it before I could delete it. :mad:

I posted nine minutes after you started the thread. :shrug: That's plenty of time to delete, no?

cmurray
03-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Yes, and I bet you were only too happy to start this thread in an attempt to steal Hilde's thunder. For shame. :(

It's what I live for. :shrug:

:D

I posted nine minutes after you started the thread. :shrug: That's plenty of time to delete, no?

I wasn't sure how to do it, actually. I VERY rarely start threads and I've never had to delete one. :ras:

Bibberz
03-21-2009, 04:55 PM
It's what I live for. :shrug:

:lol:

I wasn't sure how to do it, actually. I VERY rarely start threads and I've never had to delete one.:ras:

We should have had Hemmers give you a tutorial. :p

cmurray
03-21-2009, 04:57 PM

:p

We should have had Hemmers give you a tutorial. :p

clearly. Maybe we should delete our posts before somebody (Linda) gets mad at us. :unsure:

l_mac
03-21-2009, 04:58 PM
OMG :sobbing:

STOP POSTING :mad:

l_mac
03-21-2009, 04:58 PM
clearly. Maybe we should delete our posts before somebody (Linda) gets mad at us. :unsure:

OMG :sobbing:

STOP POSTING :mad:

Lordy that was beautiful timing :haha:

I'm so predictable :cool:

cmurray
03-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Lordy that was beautiful timing :haha:

I'm so predictable :cool:

:haha: :hug:

Leave it up to me to ruin something as easy as starting a tournament thread. :haha::haha:

OK PEOPLE! BACK ON TOPIC! :bolt:

Bibberz
03-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Metis, let's go with another Win. :D

cmurray
03-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Metis, put me down for the win too. :D

l_mac
03-23-2009, 12:08 AM
I will wait until the draw.

I don't think Rafa will win b2b titles :tears: And it might be better for his clay court plans if he doesn't.

Just sayin'.

Really want him to get Miami though. They love him there :awww:

cmurray
03-23-2009, 12:15 AM
I will wait until the draw.

I don't think Rafa will win b2b titles :tears: And it might be better for his clay court plans if he doesn't.

Just sayin'.

Really want him to get Miami though. They love him there :awww:

I've never seen him lose in person, you know. I see no reason why my streak should not continue. :D

rafa_maniac
03-23-2009, 12:25 AM
I dearly want him to win Miami, but I don't think it'll happen until a year where he crashes out relatively early in IW, so... Quarters, just like 07 :sad:

Laba
03-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Damn, it sucks to say that if I had to pick between IW and Miami for Rafa, I would have much preferred he claimed Miami. Probably considering how close he got back then against Fed in the final that still haunts me along with the loss last year to Davy. Since winning in IW, I can't see him posting back-to-back wins either but I won't make a prediction until the draws out. I'm hoping he can at least make the quarters though, all with straight set wins.

Metis
03-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I hadn't even noticed this thread was opened on Saturday. :rolls:

How far will Rafa go in Miami? (1000 points up for grabs)

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF - rafa maniac
SF -
F -
W - :bibcry:, cmurray

acionescu
03-23-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm waiting for the draw :unsure:

cmurray
03-23-2009, 11:46 AM
I hadn't even noticed this thread was opened on Saturday. :rolls:

:D I manage to mess up even the most mundane of tasks. :rolls:

MariaV
03-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I've never seen him lose in person, you know. I see no reason why my streak should not continue. :D

:yeah: :worship: :bowdown:
When are you leaving, Cheryl? :wavey: :D
VAMOS hard for him, although he has enough fans out there and you have to look professional, no? :D

tennizen
03-23-2009, 12:39 PM
QF for me, Metis:D

cmurray
03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
:yeah: :worship: :bowdown:
When are you leaving, Cheryl? :wavey: :D
VAMOS hard for him, although he has enough fans out there and you have to look professional, no? :D

I leave Sunday, so if he loses in the second round :scared: I would have no control over that. I'll be cheering loudly in my head. :rolls:

Getta
03-23-2009, 01:24 PM
runner-up

tennizen
03-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Cheryl, I am so glad more members of the devoted Rafatard community are stepping up to take this important responsibility:D

Aenea
03-23-2009, 02:44 PM
A Miami thread already :yippee:

A big VAMOS to Rafa in Miami but I'll wait for the draw and even 1st rnd before I make my prediction. I'm :scared: but if other players could win back2back IW-Miami why wouldn't Rafa :shrug: :)

Crazy Girl
03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
NIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

just this!!!

tennizen
03-23-2009, 05:38 PM
NIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

just this!!!

I feel you pain, CG. Darling Niko is missing from tennis for too long:sad:

kaylee
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Can't wait to see Rafa in Miami. Got some great pictures of him in the past especially practising so will try and get more. Hope he plays doubles too but that might be a bit TOO much!

Crazy Girl
03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
I feel you pain, CG. Darling Niko is missing from tennis for too long:sad:Ciao Beautiful and thanks!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

In GM (thread of Niko) I had asked you a thing!
I love your avatar, but I don't see very well!!
Is a picture of Matisse??

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

tennizen
03-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Ciao Beautiful and thanks!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

In GM (thread of Niko) I had asked you a thing!
I love your avatar, but I don't see very well!!
Is a picture of Matisse??

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

I just saw that CG:hug:. Yes its by Matisse- Harmony in red. Glad you liked it:D I got it from google images.

Xristos
03-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Put me down for WIN.

Minn
03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
You might as well put me down for the win as well.

star
03-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm going for the Final for superstitious reasons.

LinkMage
03-23-2009, 10:37 PM
WIN again. :zzz:

Swiss Mountain
03-23-2009, 11:07 PM
NO!
He won't do like Roger! forget it! no double IW-Miami!

Roge won the AO open, IW and Miami. Rafa can't do that, unless there's wind again.

I'm sick there are so many masters on clay and NONE on grass!
Unfair, totally. Lucky nadal.

star
03-23-2009, 11:17 PM
NO!

Roge won the AO open, IW and Miami. Rafa can't do that, unless there's wind again.

JM -- is that you?

Minn
03-23-2009, 11:36 PM
:lol: As soon as I saw the username pop up, that's what I was thinking.

wildegirl05
03-24-2009, 12:12 AM
semis :sad:

Swiss Mountain
03-24-2009, 12:35 AM
JM -- is that you?

Who's JM? I am not familiar to the forum, but I have o say the nadal year remind me of the Roger's year, exept that the tennis isn't as beautiful as it use to be.

Sorry, Rafa is a champion, but he is boring to me.
Why am I saying that here?

I read a nadal little girl fan ask if , hold on, "Roger ever beat Rafa"?

Do you think I should tell her that Roger, when he was young but older than Rafa (her idol! lol), he put him 3 6/0 on each surfaces? included clay?

If Rafa ever put a 6/0 to Roger on grass, I will let down he is better, but we all know that will never happen.

Rafa get 4years as n°2, that's quite long, very long, I can't admire him because of that and his game. But thank God to him, Roger is 27 now!
Rafa is fast, hope he......last.
And to think Roger was 2 points from winning Wimbledon for a 6times.
Do you think Rafa can win Wimbledon 6 times in a row now than Wimby is Green Clay?

I am very disapointed foir my tennis. I even lost my game! :sad:

star
03-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Who's JM? I am not familiar to the forum, but I have o say the nadal year remind me of the Roger's year, exept that the tennis isn't as beautiful as it use to be.

Do you think I should tell her that Roger, when he was young but older than Rafa (her idol! lol), he put him 3 6/0 on each surfaces? included clay?

If Rafa ever put a 6/0 to Roger on grass, I will let down he is better, but we all know that will never happen.

Rafa get 4years as n°2, that's quite long, very long, I can't admire him because of that and his game. But thank God to him, Roger is 27 now!
Do you think Rafa can win Wimbledon 6 times in a row now than Wimby is Green Clay?

:hug: :hug: I see your English has improved in no time at all. :bigclap:

cmurray
03-24-2009, 01:46 AM
NO!

JM, surely you aren't contending that every one of Nadal's titles came because of wind? Doesn't that make it hard to explain that time he won Madrid....indoors?

:hug:

star
03-24-2009, 01:47 AM

JM, surely you aren't contending that every one of Nadal's titles came because of wind? Doesn't that make it hard to explain that time he won Madrid....indoors?

Evidently, not JM, but Crazy Girl. :rolleyes:

wilmar
03-24-2009, 02:40 AM
i was going to put Rafa down for Win in Indian Wells but couldn't have access to the net...missed that 1000 points...

so Rafa, I'm gonna put you down for win for Miami as well. do us proud and win a back-to-back!

rafa_maniac
03-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Decent draw, I change my pick to semis.

Bibberz
03-24-2009, 04:55 AM

:rolls:

nashty
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
WIN please.

cmurray
03-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Evidently, not JM, but Crazy Girl. :rolleyes:

Well, that's disappointing. :(

Invisible
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm going with WIN this time :yippee:

MariaV
03-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Well, that's disappointing. :(

I'm like totally confused now. :( Is it Claire, JM or someone else? :o :o :O

JolánGagó
03-24-2009, 05:04 PM

too many words for JM, imposipol.

oh yes, my prediction: WIN

period.

next.

Aurora
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
I pick semis... :shrug: but what would I know?

Foxy
03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
I am for the WIN!
Horatio Nadal will kick some ass in CSI: Miami!

tangerine_dream
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Rafa to do the double. :rocker2: Put me down for the win, Metis.

l_mac
03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Nadal Night In Miami
By Tennis Week Thursday, March 05, 2009

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal will begin his quest for his first Sony Ericsson Open title on Saturday, March 27 at 8 p.m. Nadal's potential opponents won't be determined until the tournament draw is announced on March 23.

Tickets to the Sony Ericsson Open are on sale now and can be purchased by phone (305) 442-3367 or at http://www.sonyericssonopen.com. The 12-day tournament climaxes with the women's final on Saturday, April 4 and the men's final on Sunday, April 5.

Nadal enters the Sony Ericsson Open hot off his sixth-career Grand Slam title at the Australian Open and became the first Spaniard to win down under. He joins the company of Jimmy Connors and Pete Sampras as the third player at age 22-under to win three of the four Grand Slam titles.

Before the start of Nadal's match, fans will be treated to a special on-court performance by Clarita Filgueiras and Flamenco Puro, presented by Andalucia, Spain's premier tourist destination. Keeping with the Spanish theme, Clarita Filguerias and Flamenco Puro will perform the fiery art of flamenco dance, one of the finest components of Spanish dance.

The remaining men's draw including 13-time Grand Slam Champion Roger Federer, 2007 Sony Ericsson Open Champion Novak Djokovic, British star Andy Murray, American superstar Andy Roddick and defending Sony Ericsson Open Champion Nikolay Davydenko will be announced during the men's tournament draw ceremony on Monday, March 23 at 2:30 p.m.

Prior to the men's draw announcement, the women's draw will be unveiled at 2:00 p.m. The women's field is highlighted by two-time defending champion Serena Williams, seven-time Grand Slam Champion and three-time Sony Ericsson Open winner, Venus Williams, three-time Grand Slam Champion Maria Sharapova, 2008 ITF World Singles Champion Jelena Jankovic, 2008 French Open Champion Ana Ivanovic, and 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist Elena Dementieva.

http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=6628384

DId they ever do any yodelling/fondue celebration for Fed :confused:

scarecrows
03-24-2009, 11:10 PM
SF again

star
03-24-2009, 11:23 PM

DId they ever do any yodelling/fondue celebration for Fed :confused:

Just the usual wine and cheese. ;)

Snoo Foo
03-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Win

Laba
03-25-2009, 08:33 AM
*shrugs* Win. lol

Aenea
03-25-2009, 12:29 PM
World No. 1 Rafael Nadal will begin his quest for his first Sony Ericsson Open title on Saturday, March 27 at 8 p.m. Nadal's potential opponents won't be determined until the tournament draw is announced on March 23.

When is Rafa's first match, Saturday or March, 27 :confused:

TMJordan
03-26-2009, 12:53 AM
I forgot to play last time :sad:

This time put me down for a win, noone will stop Rafa :drool: Easy win here :wavey:

Diorelli
03-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Win for me. Hope he's not too tired.

acionescu
03-26-2009, 10:01 AM
SF Andy will be merciless :sad:

MariaV
03-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Uh oh.... should I predict already?
Meh, I'll go with the SF too, he'll be too tired to go all the way and he needs some rest before the horror spring-summer in Europe. :scared: :unsure:

Castafiore
03-26-2009, 08:54 PM
An interview with:
RAFAEL NADAL
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. This is kind of about your countryman, Fernando Verdasco. What do you see in him in the last year or two that he went from, like, 20th to like top 10? Obviously we know he's training hard with Agassi's guys. What have you seen out of Fernando that made him so good right now?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I don't know. Maybe he relax a little bit more on court, no? Yeah, he's playing with more calm, having less mistakes. I don't think so the changes, practicing on Las Vegas or something like this, no? Because I think he had a good team for the last few years, and, you know, in two weeks didn't change the world, you know.
Going two weeks to Las Vegas, I don't think you change your tennis. No, I think it's a long time work. And I think he, yeah, he's playing better than before. But the potential was there before, too. So the thing is right now, seems like he's a little bit more focused on court.

Q. Did you hit with him as a young man? Did you guys hit a lot together? I know he's older than you.
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, I didn't hit with him.

Q. I'm wondering what your impression was of Andy Roddick's game last week. He was just in here talking about his conditioning program. He's lost some weight. Did you see any change in the way he's playing the game these days, or was it the same Andy?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think he started the season better than last year's. Yeah, he's playing well, no?
I think seems like he has more motivation right now than last few years. That's my feeling, but you never know.

Q. You've had a lot of time off and still have some more time off before your first match. What have you been doing in Miami other than practice?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, not much. I was in the party yesterday, tennis party. And -- yes, no, no. Not too much. Practicing.

Q. It's Toni's first time here for a couple of years, your coach.
RAFAEL NADAL: Since 2006.

Q. Since 2006. Your first practice with him was yesterday or today?
RAFAEL NADAL: Today.

Q. Did he say anything to you about last week, and does he immediately try to do something...
RAFAEL NADAL: I am playing much better right now. No, come on. (laughter.)

Q. Can you see something? Does he say, I watched you on TV. Maybe you should try this or you should do that or...
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no. He came, and first day is -- well, he watch me on the TV. So, yes, he was very happy about last week, about the tournament at Indian Wells.
I don't know. He's coming here to relax and, well, trying to continue the good work of the last week.

Q. You always say that Roger is the favorite. Right now you are always the favorite at every tournament. Does it add pressure to you, or do you feel differently to be the chased one now?
RAFAEL NADAL: Different between 2 and 1? Completely the same for me. Yeah, no changes.

Q. Why?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me the goal is the same: try to improve my tennis and try to continuing have the good results. In the end, is only one number. No. 1 and No. 2 is only one number of difference.
You know, I say it 100 times, no? I didn't go to sleep thinking if I am No. 1 or No. 2, and I didn't wake up thinking about if I am the No. 1 or No. 2.
I think about I have to play well today or I have to practice well today. I have to improve. Yeah.

Q. Andy was asked if he would rather play you or Roger. He didn't answer. I don't think you're going to answer it. Who would you rather play, Andy or Roger?
RAFAEL NADAL: With who? I didn't understand.

Q. Andy was asked who he wanted to play if he made it in the final, if it would be you or Roger. He did not answer. Who would you rather play of those two?
RAFAEL NADAL: (Through translation.) I would love to play the final is the answer, yeah. (Laughter.)

Q. You've been playing a lot of hardcourt tennis recently. How does your body feel heading into the clay season? How do your knees feel?
RAFAEL NADAL: Okay. Yeah. You can see, no? Okay. I started the season really well, yeah? No problems.

Q. Would you prefer to go out with a girl that is in tennis, that is a tennis player, or any other girl? Just has nothing to do with it.
RAFAEL NADAL: It is not -- I don't have any preference, you know. Prefer go out with nice and funny girl. Doesn't matter if is player or artist.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en/assets/pdfs/interviews/nadal032609.pdf]

l_mac
03-26-2009, 09:39 PM
What awesome questions :retard: :retard:

Castafiore
03-26-2009, 09:48 PM
:lol: Yes, those journalists sure were on fire.

From Andy Roddick's presser:

Q. Right now, if you had a Slam final, would you rather play Roger or Rafa?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, I don't know. I mean, it's -- I'd like to have that option to be there at that point.

Q. Safin was saying at Indian Wells that the thing that most surprised him about Rafa is his hands. He thinks that people didn't really appreciate how great his hands were coming in. Is there anything, tennis-wise, what have you seen of him that surprised you over the last few years?
ANDY RODDICK: Marat is 100 percent spot on. He developed a chip that gets him out of trouble a lot that no one ever really talks about. They talk about the running and heaviness, but he volleys well. He's able to transition into the court now. He's able to play returns, as evidenced by Wimbledon last year.
No one really mentioned the fact that he was standing a foot inside the baseline and hit a return. They talk about how he stands back, but he's able to mix it up. I don't really think he gets credit for how complete of a tennis player he is. I think he kind of gets pidgeon-holed into what people remember from five years ago.

Q. Do you think it's more of a tennis mind? Especially in the States, he's just this great will...
ANDY RODDICK: Well, he is.

Q. Absolutely. But do you think he's underrated as a tennis mind?
ANDY RODDICK: The thing about Rafa's game, and the type of ball he hits and coming from the, you know, the left side, is that maybe more so than other players he's able to kind of say, This is what I do. You're going to have to deal with it.
You know, but that being said, I mean, the guy knows what he's doing on a tennis court. He knows his way around. He has the luxury of not really having to play into that too often.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
visit

I don't really think he gets credit for how complete of a tennis player he is. I think he kind of gets pidgeon-holed into what people remember from five years ago.
:cool:

Entire presser:
http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en/assets/pdfs/interviews/roddick032609rev.pdf

tennizen
03-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Roddick:worship:

cmurray
03-26-2009, 11:53 PM
:lol: Yes, those journalists sure were on fire.

From Andy Roddick's presser:

I don't really think he gets credit for how complete of a tennis player he is. I think he kind of gets pidgeon-holed into what people remember from five years ago.
:cool:

Entire presser:
http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en/assets/pdfs/interviews/roddick032609rev.pdf

NICE. Very astute from Roddick. :D

JolánGagó
03-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Great analysis by Andy despite the silly questions :worship: why do people say he's stupid? :shrug:

Elena.
03-27-2009, 10:39 AM
My pick: semifinal .

acionescu
03-27-2009, 11:49 AM
We are picking like crazy but where's Metis? :confused:

Aenea
03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
MIT: QF :tape: :sobbing:

cmurray
03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Order of play for Saturday March 28th

STADIUM start 11:00 am
[Q] B Becker (GER) vs [8] F Verdasco (ESP) - ATP

Not Before 1:00 PM
[1] S Williams (USA) vs [WC] A Glatch (USA) - WTA
[4] A Murray (GBR) vs J Monaco (ARG) - ATP
S Peer (ISR) vs [5] V Williams (USA) - WTA

Not Before 8:00 PM
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs T Gabashvili (RUS) - ATP
[3] J Jankovic (SRB) vs G Dulko (ARG) - WTA

shawshank
03-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Rafa will either lose it to Murray in semifinal or win it.
It sounds to perfect but I will take win one more time.
I hope the latin crowd wil help him.
WIN ;)

l_mac
03-28-2009, 11:26 AM
MIT prediction: SF.

Metis
03-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Update!!!

Don't forget to post your predictions by 8pm EST!

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF - Aenea, tennizen
SF - acionescu, Aurora, l_mac, Lena71, MariaV, Metis, rafa maniac, scarecrows, wildegirl05
F - Getta, star
W - :bibcry:, cmurray, Diorelli, Evita, Foxy, Invisible, JolanGago, KittydeSade, Laba, LinkMage, Minn, nashty, shawshank, Snoo Foo, tangerine dream, TMJordan, wilmar, Xristos

So much optimism after IW. :rolleyes:

Karlovic :scared: :unsure:

EDIT: Karlovic just lost to Gil :tape: I guess I'll have to change my pick...

-Evita-
03-28-2009, 04:06 PM
I predict a win :)

wildegirl05
03-28-2009, 04:08 PM
what is with everyone picking sf again? :( i wanted a fail to myself :p

Naina
03-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Please put me down for a final appearance.(that is if I can still take part coz I havnt played in any of the prev tournies this season)

Metis
03-28-2009, 04:30 PM

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF - Aenea, tennizen
SF - acionescu, Aurora, l_mac, Lena71, MariaV, Metis, rafa maniac, scarecrows, wildegirl05
F - Getta, Naina, star
W - :bibcry:, cmurray, Diorelli, Evita, Foxy, Invisible, JolanGago, KittydeSade, Laba, LinkMage, M.C., Minn, nashty, Ria, shawshank, Snoo Foo, tangerine dream, TMJordan, wilmar, Xristos

what is with everyone picking sf again? :( i wanted a fail to myself :p

There are plenty of rounds available if you want your own FAIL. :shrug: Of course then you might be labeled as FAIL attention seeker like Linda in IW. :rolleyes:

Please put me down for a final appearance.(that is if I can still take part coz I havnt played in any of the prev tournies this season)

no problem; you can start playing at any time during the season :)

Ria
03-28-2009, 07:19 PM
MIT : Win :D

M.C.
03-28-2009, 07:46 PM
MIT - Win
:sport:

born_on_clay
03-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Runner up

Xristos
03-29-2009, 02:06 PM
So how does everyone like his new outfit?

rafa_maniac
03-29-2009, 02:58 PM
So how does everyone like his new outfit?

I like the colours but dislike the style. I don't like Rafa in collars, the shorts are too baggy and the sleeves shouldn't be white, it looks bizarre.

nashty
03-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I don't like the green. Or whatever color that is.

Diorelli
03-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Rafa has both singles and doubles today. His singles match is during the day so I can watch this time for a change :clap2:

ORDER OF PLAY - MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2009

STADIUM start 11:00am
J Tipsarevic (SRB) vs [6] J Del Potro (ARG) - ATP

Not Before 1:00 PM (1700 GMT)
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs [Q] F Gil (POR) - ATP
[4] A Murray (GBR) vs N Massu (CHI) - ATP

Then doubles:

Not Before 5:30 PM (2130 GMT)
[WC] M Lopez (ESP) / R Nadal (ESP) vs [6] B Soares (BRA) / K Ullyett (ZIM) - ATP

Xristos
03-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Has anyone ever seen Nadal do this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyLXxDeM8tA
It's a first for me.

Johnny Groove
03-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Has anyone ever seen Nadal do this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyLXxDeM8tA
It's a first for me.

Rafa is a perfectionist

Xristos
03-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah I know bro but Ive never seen him throw his racket in anger like that.
Have you?

christallh24
03-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Maybe he was just having a bad day. Besides, I'm sure there are ton of things he does't do when he knows threre about about a million cameras around.

Christal

Xristos
03-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Rafa playing like shit so far..

Metis
03-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Runner up

too late :p

Predictions must be posted before Rafa's first match.

cmurray
03-30-2009, 07:22 PM
It wasn't pretty, but Rafa is still through to the round of 16. Presser is scheduled for 4:15.

cmurray
03-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Rafa's presser is up

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en/assets/pdfs/interviews/nadal033009.pdf

Bibberz
03-31-2009, 04:23 AM
It wasn't pretty, but Rafa is still through to the round of 16. Presser is scheduled for 4:15.

Rafa's presser is up

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en/assets/pdfs/interviews/nadal033009.pdf

Look at Tappy take command of this thread! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

:worship:

MariaV
03-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Q. We've had Hawk-Eye around for a few years now. Most of the top players, their percentage is quite low. You're 36% for getting it correct. I'm wondering, why is that? What do you think of electronic line calling?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, sometimes I ask. I don't know why. For relax a little bit. Another ones I have mistake. And another times I think the machine is not exactly okay. :lol:

I wonder what Cheryl asked.
That about not sleeping after the lost Wimbledon final was so :awww:

Aenea
03-31-2009, 01:38 PM
A night match tonight again :sad: I'll either gain weight or fall ill with diabetes due to the lack of sleep :scared:

Play well today, Rafa. Don't make me get up at 3:30am only to see you losing to Stan :p

Good luck baby :inlove:

cmurray
03-31-2009, 02:35 PM
I wonder what Cheryl asked.
That about not sleeping after the lost Wimbledon final was so :awww:

I asked the last question about whether he was looking forward to playing on clay again. After all the bitching he's done about playing on hardcourts, I thought I might get another diatribe. Alas, he was quite grumpy about the shittastic match he played against Gil yesterday. :D

cmurray
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Look at Tappy take command of this thread! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

:worship:

:ras:

Hilarious signature, btw. :D

Bibberz
03-31-2009, 02:45 PM
:ras:

I was actually proud of you. :awww:

Hilarious signature, btw. :D

cmurray
03-31-2009, 02:47 PM
I was actually proud of you. :awww:

:rolls: I thought you were mocking me. I constantly forget how literal you are. :hug:

Bibberz
03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
:rolls: I thought you were mocking me. I constantly forget how literal you are. :hug:

wildegirl05
03-31-2009, 03:43 PM
There are plenty of rounds available if you want your own FAIL. :shrug: Of course then you might be labeled as FAIL attention seeker like Linda in IW. :rolleyes:

this has happened to me once or twice before :sobbing: i pick a round well before the draw is out and then everybody bandwagons onto it :sad:

can i atleast have my own separate fail picture? :awww:

assuming i fail of course :scared: :unsure:

MariaV
04-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Oh, no-one's been in this thread yet.

Rafa's presser's up. What a battle that must've been. 2 h 43 min. At least he says he played better than vs Gil. :D :worship: :bowdown:
Now a day of rest. :)

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en/assets/pdfs/interviews/nadal033109.pdf

the_natural
04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Just throwing this out there. Does anyone else reckon rafa looks ticked off out there? like Frustrated, u know like a guy who is sexually frustrated chews on ice or rips up the paper Coasters at a bar?

I guess what im getting at here is, hes about 3 matches away from the start of the clay season, do you think hes saying COME ON BE OVER ALREADY!!! Cos everytime ive seen him on court this week in miami theres been this air of frustration/annoyance, I dont think hes facing some huge amount of pressure or something cos he did at IW and he dealt with that beautifully, it looks more like hes just sick of being on a surface where little people like gil can just go for broke and move him around and he has to do almost as much running as his opponents...

Ill also argue with anyone who thinks hes playing anywhere near as well as he did at IW cos if he were, regarless of the fact that stan played the best match of his life, that match still wouldnt have been anywhere near as tight cos rafa was eating up the aggressive play of his opponents last week this week he looks like hes just over it... im afraid im seeing the rafa we will see when he starts to suffer from "burn out" (lookin for a tough match in the quarters and even tougher semis if we can look that far ahead... please win rafa VAMOS then only 2 more tourneys till u win all of the masters series).

Castafiore
04-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm guessing that the Miami surface frustrates him a bit more than the IW surface.

rafa_maniac
04-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Just throwing this out there. Does anyone else reckon rafa looks ticked off out there? like Frustrated, u know like a guy who is sexually frustrated chews on ice or rips up the paper Coasters at a bar?

I guess what im getting at here is, hes about 3 matches away from the start of the clay season, do you think hes saying COME ON BE OVER ALREADY!!! Cos everytime ive seen him on court this week in miami theres been this air of frustration/annoyance, I dont think hes facing some huge amount of pressure or something cos he did at IW and he dealt with that beautifully, it looks more like hes just sick of being on a surface where little people like gil can just go for broke and move him around and he has to do almost as much running as his opponents...

Ill also argue with anyone who thinks hes playing anywhere near as well as he did at IW cos if he were, regarless of the fact that stan played the best match of his life, that match still wouldnt have been anywhere near as tight cos rafa was eating up the aggressive play of his opponents last week this week he looks like hes just over it... im afraid im seeing the rafa we will see when he starts to suffer from "burn out" (lookin for a tough match in the quarters and even tougher semis if we can look that far ahead... please win rafa VAMOS then only 2 more tourneys till u win all of the masters series).

No, I've noticed it too, and I think it's just the relentless pressure of being #1 and being expected to win every match, and most of them comfortably. His opponents go out there with nothing to lose and play well above their normal levels. It's something Federer had to deal with for years and Rafa will too, I think he's doing fine so far :yeah:

I think you need to give Wawa more credit too, he did play a heck of a match and forced Rafa to play pretty damn well at times to beat him. I actually don't think Rafa was anywhere near as impressive at Indian Wells either as he was at the Oz Open. He went through patches of great stuff in most of his matches, but struggled against Nalby, was sloppy against Roddick and the final was not really a good judge of form as much as a judge of Rafa's versatility and mental strength. Maybe he is just hanging out for clay now when he can coast? :shrug:

mamasue
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM

Nope, you're not the only one.

Those were exactly my thoughts while watching him last night. He's acting like "Why in the hell am I still in America mucking around on hard courts when I need to be in Europe preparing to defend almost everything on clay and grass? I just want to get this shit over with ASAP!"

I totally agree with the Europeans who hate this relatively new, misplaced and 2 weeks too long hardcourt nuisance in America. Four weeks to earn the same points earned in half the time in the rest of the Masters tournaments is just ridiculous! The only semi good thing is that the players have the opportunity to play golf and relax between matches. But at this point even that's not calming Rafa down, because no doubt he'd rather have an extra a week off at home playing golf before the start the clay season.

He's so over hard courts right now and it shows.:(

Chimayo
04-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi Rafa Fans! I posted the following over in GM, but thought it had more to do with the discussion here. I think you guys are right that the surface is pissing him off, and the mental effort of so much winning, but I also think that:

It seems to me that Rafa plays best when he is down and out. He performs optimally when he is the underdog, or when he is the chaser. You could see him step up a level during the Nalbandian match at Indian Wells, for instance; in the second set of the Murray match in Rotterdam; and in Key Biscayne against Gil and then, of course, this match against Wawrinka. His improvement over the beginning of last year on hardcourts is palpable -- his willingness to move forward during rallies, his flat backhand, and his improved volleying prowess are some examples. For these reasons he's been almost as dominant so far this year on hard courts as he's been in previous years on clay.

And if you look at how he's performed in previous years on clay, you can see a pattern, especially in the best-of-3-set tournaments. Last year before Roland Garros he would often lose his concentration, his surreal mental focus, during the beginning of second sets against good players. This happened last year against Ferrer, Djokovic, and Federer. It was only when he was pushed -- either having a lost a set, or a break or two behind in a set -- that he would regain his focus and motivation and wind up actually playing at a higher level than at the beginning of matches. For someone who has thrived on adversity so much, it would not be surprising if he found himself needing to be in a hole for his best tennis to come out. I think that's what's happening here. However, it seems to be frustrating him this year in a new way, and this may have something to do with his lesser confidence on hard courts. On clay, when he's behind, he doesn't show the kind of negative energy that he showed last night; he's seemingly more accepting of his regression in concentration and doesn't fight himself so much. Last night's frusration maybe had to do with him not practicing or playing as well as he would like this week, but I also think it has something to do with him needing to feel the threat of losing in order to step up a level.

Mad props to Stan, who has been playing really well of late. His Davis Cup matches and his quality in Indian Wells and Key Biscayne have been excellent.

star
04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Nope, you're not the only one.

Those were exactly my thoughts while watching him last night. He's acting like "Why in the hell am I still in America mucking around on hard courts when I need to be in Europe preparing to defend almost everything on clay and grass? I just want to get this shit over with ASAP!"

I totally agree with the Europeans who hate this relatively new, misplaced and 2 weeks too long hardcourt nuisance in America. Four weeks to earn the same points earned in half the time in the rest of the Masters tournaments is just ridiculous! The only semi good thing is that the players have the opportunity to play golf and relax between matches. But at this point even that's not calming Rafa down, because no doubt he'd rather have an extra a week off at home playing golf before the start the clay season.

He's so over hard courts right now and it shows.:(

:lol: :lol:

That was humorous. :)

I know that this prolonged stay in the U.S. before the clay irritates Nadal, but really it should help him out with the wear and tear on his body that he always feels with the hardcourts.

I'm not so sad if he loses here as long as he does it before the final because losing in the final really doesn't give him any extra time on the clay.

Pistolero
04-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I hear Miami is pretty chaotic, so maybe that's contributing to the problem as well. :shrug: I just think he needs to switch off for a couple days. It's really strange, awkward seeing him so frustrated on court this week.

04-01-2009, 10:51 PM
It's hard to say--is he not playing well because he is not comfortable or he is not comfortable because he is not playing well :unsure: Anyway we still get that big beautiful Rafa smile when he wins :) BTW I can't get into the sticky chat thread today. I keep getting the data base error. Why I don't know :rolleyes:

the graduate
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
He should stop picking his butt every two seconds its really a disgusting habit,please someone recommend a hypno-therapist anyone just to stop this addiction to dig in his butt

cmurray
04-02-2009, 12:37 AM
he was in a WAY better mood in his presser last night. The smiles were for real this time.

the_natural
04-02-2009, 09:36 AM
It's hard to say--is he not playing well because he is not comfortable or he is not comfortable because he is not playing well :unsure: Anyway we still get that big beautiful Rafa smile when he wins :) BTW I can't get into the sticky chat thread today. I keep getting the data base error. Why I don't know :rolleyes:

Mae how are u, seriously tommy wats up :( :P I miss him playing well.

:wavey: Yeh its hard to say, ur quote sums it up.

Anyone else think im just being paranoid when i say im sortta not wanting rafa to win the title, cos... well the part of me that stresses says thats 12 consecutive wins, then we go to the clay, hypothetically if he wins every match to RG hes got 27 consecutive, and itd mean WAYY too much playing without any mental break so it puts him in a bad place for RG, If he were to win rg hes up to 34 thats alot of pressure going on again its even more mentally draining... IF he were to win queens its 39 to wimbledon and the odds would be so heavy in his favour that UGHHH shut up!!!!! lol thank goodness rafa focuses "on the next match" rather than thinkin too far ahead like a fool!!!!

in a perfect world id have him win all those major tourneys, could care less bout queens, and not so much about barcelona (damn it why did he have to love his country so much!!! arggghhhh if he didnt then he would skip it and get the needed rest). Im also worried bout the fact that federers doing only 2 clay events hes gonna be the freshest player goin into the french. Its just all reminiscent of last years USO series!.

Ill stop now. I guess I just want rafa happy, and If he were to win rg-wimbly again this year i wouldnt be worried at all because this is the most intense compacted 3-4 monthns of the year for him so stupid!

And your all so right, I mean IW miami cant really be taken away they are really famous long standing events 9although IW nearly went bankrupt few years back and austin, sampras and davenport invested in it or somethin), but they are so weird for hte calender

Aenea
04-02-2009, 02:40 PM
he was in a WAY better mood in his presser last night. The smiles were for real this time.

:bigclap:
Thank you! Hopefully he'll play much better tonight. I expect a tough match :scared: I hope I fail in MIT and not only that but I actually hope we have this thread sticky after the tournament finishes :worship: I'll worry about the clay season when the clay swing starts.

Good luck, Rafi :D

Minn
04-02-2009, 03:03 PM
he was in a WAY better mood in his presser last night. The smiles were for real this time. Did you ask him more questions? In general, how many journalists are at one of his pressers?

cmurray
04-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Did you ask him more questions? In general, how many journalists are at one of his pressers?

I didn't ask him anything last time because he looked tired (it was 1:00 am) and I figured he'd want to get out of there.

In a normal presser, there are probably 20 or so journalists there. Roger has more, but that's because there are about 6 journalists from Switzerland that basically tour with him and they're always there.

Metis
04-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Nadal-del Potro 4-6 6-3 6-7

:tape: :tape: :tape:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
QF - Aenea, tennizen
F - Getta, Naina, star
W - :bibcry:, cmurray, Diorelli, Evita, Foxy, Invisible, JolanGago, KittydeSade, Laba, LinkMage, M.C., Minn, nashty, Ria, shawshank, Snoo Foo, tangerine dream, TMJordan, wilmar, Xristos

acionescu, Aurora, l_mac, Lena71, MariaV, Metis, rafa maniac, scarecrows, wildegirl05, Getta, Naina, star, :bibcry:, cmurray, Diorelli, Evita, Foxy, Invisible, JolanGago, KittydeSade, Laba, LinkMage, M.C., Minn, nashty, Ria, shawshank, Snoo Foo, tangerine dream, TMJordan, wilmar, Xristos:

Impressive FAIL :lol: No drinking while making MIT picks next time! :rolleyes:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fail-owned-drunk-drown-fail.jpg?w=500&h=374

Aenea, tennizen: what a proud moment for you :worship:

http://www.arizonapoolleagues.com/images/lotofballs.jpg

Minn
04-02-2009, 11:54 PM
:rolls: Another great fail picture, Metis. I'll try not to kiss a fish, whether I'm sober or not. :lol:

I wonder what Cheryl will ask tonight.

Elena.
04-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Impressive FAIL :lol:
Not really ,we 'semifinal' people were pretty close :rolleyes:

tennizen
04-03-2009, 01:17 AM
*Takes a bow*. :rolls: I cannot get over the shame of Rafa losing to Delpo:mad:

04-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Actually I could almost see this loss coming.
Rafa had not been playing well and Juan is big and strong yet he can still move well. Plus he is even younger than Rafa. I think Rafa will be happy to get back on clay ;)

Elena A.
04-03-2009, 03:55 AM
He won in IW, so he's probably tired, and there you go, he lost to DelPo who he crushed last week....so it must be due to the going all the way in IW.But 2 breaks in a third and lose??Not Rafa we know.
It's really tough obviously both mentally and physicly when big tourneys are this close, one after another.

rafa_maniac
04-03-2009, 04:34 AM
I'm not too pissed about this loss really :shrug: Rafa has been poor, frustrated and out of sorts all week, he was never going to win this title so I'd rather he lost today than in a final and/or against one of his chief rivals. He gets a bit more rest in time for the big clay/grass slog coming up this way too. Besides, he was bound to have at least one shite day at the office in a big tournament, this is probably the best time for it to happen. He's had a better first three months than I could have possibly hoped for, so no complaints :D

Foxy
04-03-2009, 05:00 AM
I'm not too pissed about this loss really :shrug: Rafa has been poor, frustrated and out of sorts all week, he was never going to win this title so I'd rather he lost today than in a final and/or against one of his chief rivals. He gets a bit more rest in time for the big clay/grass slog coming up this way too. Besides, he was bound to have at least one shite day at the office in a big tournament, this is probably the best time for it to happen. He's had a better first three months than I could have possibly hoped for, so no complaints :D

Fully agree. I perefer him to lose to Del Potro rather than Mur or CryBabe. Now he adds 3-4 days more rest heading for MC. And will be better prepared and rested than last year when he played DC on hard just before MC. Also he played full 6 matches in Miami too. The ranking points are well under control so it is not a big deal. Only negative point I see is losing confidence but he will regain it back on clay you know :)

scarecrows
04-03-2009, 05:34 AM
*tears betting coupon*

Aenea
04-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Nadal-del Potro 4-6 6-3 6-7

:tape: :tape: :tape:

Aenea, tennizen: what a proud moment for you :worship:

yeah thanks :wavey: I'd prefer I had lost but whatever.
This is what happens when one blows *3-0 lead in the decider :rolleyes: I'm not pissed Rafa lost. I'm pissed the way he lost.

shawshank
04-03-2009, 07:26 AM

True true! It is better to lose with Delpo, whom I really like, than to MonoFed. His start of the season was fantastic so no worries.

IT'S CLAY TIME! Favourite part of the year for our RAFITO ;)

veyonce
04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I think he more or less manage to salvage his points from last year. At least he reached the Quarter Finals and won Indian Wells. Hope he can be 100% fit for the clay season. I'm more concerned about the clay season especially the French Open. Back to Mallorca for rest and TLC from Xisca.. Hee...

Laba
04-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I hope this loss motivates to step onto the dirt assault-minded. It would be great for him to win MC, Barca, Rome and then skip Madrid to claim his fifth RG. I can't see him playing all the clay tournaments he originally planned to without ruining his chances for the short grass season afterwards... so if missing one of them means a better chance at retaining the Wimbledon crown, I'd say it's well worth it.

MariaV
04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
IMO he should skip Rome, those ungrateful b**tards cheering for JCF last year. :mad: :fiery:

dorkino
04-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Clay season :scared: :unsure:.

This is not a joke. :o

Foxy
04-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I hope this loss motivates to step onto the dirt assault-minded. It would be great for him to win MC, Barca, Rome and then skip Madrid to claim his fifth RG. I can't see him playing all the clay tournaments he originally planned to without ruining his chances for the short grass season afterwards... so if missing one of them means a better chance at retaining the Wimbledon crown, I'd say it's well worth it.

He will be fine playing all events should he skip doubles.
I don't see any significant improvement in volleying. His stop volleys are horrendous. By the way I watched some matches from 2005 and 2006 I could tell his volleys weren't bad at all. Some brilliant and some very sloppy like present Rafa.

On another note QF loss at Miami could do wonders for his knees later on as the year progresses. Imagine Nadal had won yesterday's match. Then played another 2-3 hours against Murray and another 2-3 hours against the BigSobbingNose.:help:

rafa_maniac
04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Doesn't he have a week off between Barcelona and Rome this time around? That should help him, plus less matches at Miami. And for those worried about clay season, last year he had nowhere near the same stunning start to the year and got trashed by Davydenko... and then had all of one blister-induced loss all clay season including a RG run without the loss of a set. He'll do just fine :yeah:

rica87
04-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Doesn't he have a week off between Barcelona and Rome this time around? That should help him, plus less matches at Miami. And for those worried about clay season, last year he had nowhere near the same stunning start to the year and got trashed by Davydenko... and then had all of one blister-induced loss all clay season including a RG run without the loss of a set. He'll do just fine :yeah:

No, actually Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome are back to back, unfortunately.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/tournaments/fullcalendar/

Aenea
04-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Doesn't he have a week off between Barcelona and Rome this time around?
No. MC (Apr, 13), Barcelona (Apr, 20), Rome (Apr, 27) are played in 3 consecutive weeks.

That should help him, plus less matches at Miami. And for those worried about clay season, last year he had nowhere near the same stunning start to the year and got trashed by Davydenko... and then had all of one blister-induced loss all clay season including a RG run without the loss of a set. He'll do just fine :yeah:
Physically, yes. What about mentally? I don't think he's OK mentally. I read somewhere he said his defeat was not due to any physical problems, physically he felt OK. He said it was a personal problem. What problem we don't know, only speculation. I was very surprised to see Toni, Sebastian and Miguel Angel in Rafa's box in Gil's match. And they didn't look happy a bit, they looked concerned. .

IMO he should skip Rome, those ungrateful b**tards cheering for JCF last year. :mad: :fiery:

:yeah:

rafa_maniac
04-03-2009, 05:44 PM
No. MC (Apr, 13), Barcelona (Apr, 20), Rome (Apr, 27) are played in 3 consecutive weeks.

In that case I would also wish for him to skip Rome. :mad:

Physically, yes. What about mentally? I don't think he's OK mentally. I read somewhere he said his defeat was not due to any physical problems, physically he felt OK. He said it was a personal problem. What problem we don't know, only speculation. I was very surprised to see Toni, Sebastian and Miguel Angel in Rafa's box in Gil's match. And they didn't look happy a bit, they looked concerned. .

We'll just have to wait and see, Rafa is tough as nails mentally though, he'll regroup soon enough.

Foxy
04-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Solve your personal problems quickly Rafa and get down to business in MC. Good luck, mate!

sasa
04-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I saw the match and I think that Rafa's problem was that he is/was tired mentally. So sorry to read in his press conference about 'a personal reason', but definatelly something is trouble him these days :sad:.
The good news is that clay season start in one week, so ...... go, go, go Rafito!

nkhera1
04-04-2009, 04:23 AM
I don't want to be a party pooper, wrong, and I know this is a highly unreliable source but King Federer said there are problems going on between Nadal's parents. It could explain why his dad has been coming to a lot more of his matches while his mother has been largely absent, but for his sake I really hope it isn't true. Anyways I just thought since you guys like him so much, you should be the first to hear it. Again I really hope it's not true and it is coming from an unreliable source, so I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Pistolero
04-04-2009, 05:13 AM
I don't want to be a party pooper, wrong, and I know this is a highly unreliable source but King Federer said there are problems going on between Nadal's parents. It could explain why his dad has been coming to a lot more of his matches while his mother has been largely absent, but for his sake I really hope it isn't true. Anyways I just thought since you guys like him so much, you should be the first to hear it. Again I really hope it's not true and it is coming from an unreliable source, so I hope someone can prove me wrong.

:confused: Wait, your source is Federer? That's your unreliable source? :rolls:

Snoo Foo
04-04-2009, 05:42 AM
I bet his dad is having an affair with Viktoria Azarenka :mad:

nkhera1
04-04-2009, 06:21 AM
:confused: Wait, your source is Federer? That's your unreliable source? :rolls:

No some guy on MTF. Again highly unreliable but more people are bringing this up so I thought I'd see what you guys think. I hope its not true, but crazy stuff happens these days.

Cloudygirl
04-04-2009, 08:05 AM
I have never seen him mentally off like that before. I hope he is back in full force on clay

Castafiore
04-04-2009, 10:05 AM
kingfederer doesn't seem to be a reliable source to me.

His mother stays at home to take care of their daughter (younger than Rafa). (no idea where I read that, though...I just remember reading it).

Aenea
04-04-2009, 12:36 PM

Few weeks ago I read same info about Djokovic's parents. In GM. At the time he looked very vulnerable and shaky on court. I presume any time we see a tennis player is not doing as expected someone will come up with the idea of "problems between his parents". I don't believe that. I rarely see Rafa's mother attending a tournament, I think she is only present at GS events. But seeing all 3 Nadal brothers in Miami while none of them were present in IW looked strange to me.
Whatever problems Rafa have I hope he resolve them quickly and just put the past behind.

Mimi
04-05-2009, 03:18 AM
oh it would be sad if nadal's parents are separating, they look so close with each other:sad:

Cloudygirl
04-05-2009, 10:04 AM
ok so so far I've heard - Rafa or a family member might have an illness
His parents are splitting
and he is splitting up with Xisca.
oh and it's his knees

Anyone else just think it is all a bit lost in translation and Rafa was maybe just having a bad day.

Foxy
04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
ok so so far I've heard - Rafa or a family member might have an illness
His parents are splitting
and he is splitting up with Xisca.
oh and it's his knees

Anyone else just think it is all a bit lost in translation and Rafa was maybe just having a bad day.

Could be lost in translation but it is not that likely.

Anyway, any news concerning Rafa? What is he doing now? :)

Aenea
04-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Could be lost in translation but it is not that likely.

Anyway, any news concerning Rafa? What is he doing now? :)

Rafa gets ready for Monte Carlo

6th of April

Rafa Nadal has been at home in Manacor (Mallorca) since last Saturday where he has been resting and preparing for the toughest part of the season yet.

The world number one will be back on court today as part of his preparation for the beginning of the clay court season, which officially starts next Monday 13th of April at the Monte Carlo Masters Series tournament.

On Friday, Rafa will be travelling to the principality of Monaco where he plans to resume his training at the Monte Carlo Country Club courts that serve as the center stage for this important and prestigious tournament where Rafa has won 4 times before and where he is expected to debut on Tuesday or Wednesday.

On Saturday night, he will attend a party that celebrates the launch of the ‘Zelos tournament’ and on Sunday he will take part in a promotional act for the third 100 Masters Series Event of the year.

http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/home

So he's preparing for MC which was logical, no :shrug:

tennizen
04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Where's our chat thread:scared:

Betty
04-07-2009, 01:17 PM
yes where is :bigcry::speakles:

tennizen
I was just reading through yesterday's posts and it suddenly disappeared:bigcry:

Castafiore
:mad:

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM
they killed our thread? :speakles:

:armed:

cmurray
04-07-2009, 01:18 PM
:speakles:

It has DISAPPEARED?

-Evita-
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
They better bring it back soon :armed:

Betty
or maria deleted it or mod did it:speakles: but why=

tennizen
:armed: I think Nathi's thread mafia was behind this disappearance:armed:

wildegirl05
it better come back or we're going to have to declare that it was our awesome thread that broke the mtf servers. they simply could not keep up with the traffic :sport:

Betty
it is like LOST the serial where is the island:p

Betty
04-07-2009, 01:20 PM
someone asked to the admin?

Snoo Foo
04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/mtf/wha.jpg

-Evita-
All my reps from the thread are still visible so I think it must still exist somewhere :awww:

Betty
hilde now there is yr IW thread what did u ask:devil: and to who:devil:

gu made the exsorcism:o

Betty
04-07-2009, 01:22 PM
All my reps from the thread are still visible so I think it must still exist somewhere :awww:

yes same here but u cant open it

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
general motors is coming out with a modified rickshaw :D

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090407/capt.56b4519deec54f448a1ecfe4024452d7.general_moto rs_segway_nyjl202.jpg?x=400&y=257&q=85&sig=XXUzRdwKPHlBFAkJv26MgA--

l_mac
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Did something bad happen in the chat last night?

Like, worse than has happened before?

tennizen
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
general motors is coming out with a modified rickshaw :D

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090407/capt.56b4519deec54f448a1ecfe4024452d7.general_moto rs_segway_nyjl202.jpg?x=400&y=257&q=85&sig=XXUzRdwKPHlBFAkJv26MgA--

:rolls: We Indians came up with the concept eons ago:rolls:

Snoo Foo
04-07-2009, 01:26 PM
prima donna showed up

Castafiore
04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I doubt it, Linda, and even so, they could at least give a warning before hitting the delete button.

From the entire Rafael Nadal forum, this is the only thread I can access. :unsure: I clicked on other player forums, no problem.

l_mac
prima donna showed up

I knew no good would come of it.

rafa_fanatic is in big trouble.

MariaV

OMG!!!!!!!! No nothing bad happened. I was very nice and civil with Prima. :D :angel: Although Metis and WG thought I was 'making a move'. :rolleyes:
They're transferring the databases. I hope it'll be back asap.

wildegirl05

no, nothing really :shrug: it was quite tame when i read back this a.m.

:rolls: We Indians came up with the concept eons ago:rolls:

we rock :cool: it's called PUMA - Personal Urban Mobility and Accessibility. you should check it out, it's somewhat in your area of interest, no?

Betty
where is carlita:p

cmurray
OMG!!!!!!!! No nothing bad happened. I was very nice and civil with Prima. :D :angel: Although Metis and WG thought I was 'making a move'. :rolleyes:

I thought they did that yesterday. :(

cmurray
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
no, nothing really :shrug: it was quite tame when i read back this a.m.

:rolleyes: Showoff.

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM

i meant to respond to this. i hope these posts get moved to our chat thread where they rightfully belong :armed:

do you mean my "bait" comment? i didn't mean you were making a move for pd. i meant you were baiting him with your comment on federer's tears and unlike jm he didn't respond to the fedbaiting :rolls:

i would never call you a hussy or even imply it :speakles: :hug:

-Evita-
04-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I did get the database error shortly before the thread disappeared. I hope it's related to that :unsure:

cmurray
04-07-2009, 01:31 PM
I did get the database error shortly before the thread disappeared. I hope it's related to that :unsure:

me too

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 01:31 PM
I doubt it, Linda, and even so, they could at least give a warning before hitting the delete button.

From the entire Rafael Nadal forum, this is the only thread I can access. :unsure: I clicked on other player forums, no problem.

our forum is too cool for school :worship:

I knew no good would come of it.

rafa_fanatic is in big trouble.

seconded :D robin already led a charmed life with the constant jinxing during rafi's matches. now he broke the thread? :eek:

:rolleyes: Showoff.

:sport: :sport: :sport:

scoobs
04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Thread seems to have been moved temporarily due to excessive length or something causing the site to slow down.

I'm trying to find out what's going on and why.

cmurray
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Thread seems to have been moved temporarily due to excessive length or something causing the site to slow down.

:bigcry:

Thanks Scoobs.

l_mac

Excessive length?

How come Nathii's thread, which is longer, is still up?

I call bullshit.

wildegirl05

:haha: :haha: omg, really? i was just joking :lol:

thanks scoobsy :hug: also skive off your conference call, they'll never know. the occasional grunt and you put those calls on mute the rest of the time :D

Snoo Foo
04-07-2009, 01:34 PM
but nathii's filthy cave is even bigger and it's still there... :scared:

Betty
what our thread make the forum been slow?

must be our spam andy:o

cmurray
Excessive length?

I call bullshit.

I smell a rat. :(

MariaV
04-07-2009, 01:35 PM
i meant to respond to this. i hope these posts get moved to our chat thread where they rightfully belong :armed:

do you mean my "bait" comment? i didn't mean you were making a move for pd. i meant you were baiting him with your comment on federer's tears and unlike jm he didn't respond to the fedbaiting :rolls:

i would never call you a hussy or even imply it :speakles: :hug:

:spit: :rolls: Why would you even think I was baiting Prima? :speakles:
I was just making conversation. :angel: And he said what he thought.

Btw Metis, yes the opera was OK, I liked the decorations. Our younger singers have been taught well and sing the arias nicely but they're nothing special.
I liked My Fair Lady matiné on Sunday more to be honest.

cmurray
what our thread make the forum been slow?

must be our spam andy:o

I knew this was your fault, vampire. :mad:

wildegirl05
Excessive length?

I call bullshit.

didn't you say we were highest in pageviews except funny fotos? it's pageviews that stress a server out. we were just too popular :shrug:

l_mac
04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
didn't you say we were highest in pageviews except funny fotos? it's pageviews that stress a server out. we were just too popular :shrug:

Has funny fotos disappeared?

Betty
04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I knew this was your fault, vampire. :mad:

shht or u'll become a vamp too soon:devil: :p;)

-Evita-
Excessive length?

I call bullshit.

It's simple, ours has more lurkers and posters. A thread could have a million posts and they wouldn't slow down anything if nobody was reading it/posting in it.

cmurray

We're the Roger Federer of MTF and they hate us for it.

Jealousy, that's all it is. Plain jealousy. :bigcry:

Give us back our thread, and we PROMISE we'll be less interesting. *sniff*

acionescu
WTF? The other thread or even Adam's thread are bigger :confused:
I hear from here the haters laughing :lol:

MariaV
Hmmmm. I knew it. Nothing good EVER comes from a thread I start. :bigcry: :crying2: :sad:

l_mac
04-07-2009, 01:38 PM
But the thread has been deathly dull recently, and the views have slowed down. So I hope they don't spin that lie out :mad:

cmurray

Betty
:haha::haha::haha:

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 01:39 PM

i can't check. i get a lot of database errors. but someone should check it.

maybe they're moving our thread to its own server so it can handle the load :cool:

We're the Roger Federer of MTF and they hate us for it.

Jealousy, that's all it is. Plain jealousy. :bigcry:

Give us back our thread, and we PROMISE we'll be less interesting. *sniff*

i always knew one day you could empathise with rogi :inlove:

does this mean we're due for a mono attack? :sobbing: and then we'll crash and burn :bigcry:

Betty
04-07-2009, 01:41 PM
GM doesnt work

-Evita-
04-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Funny Fotos is still there. A dedicated server for our thread would be :hearts: :lol:

cmurray
04-07-2009, 01:42 PM
i can't check. i get a lot of database errors. but someone should check it.

maybe they're moving our thread to its own server so it can handle the load :cool:

i always knew one day you could empathise with rogi :inlove:

does this mean we're due for a mono attack? :sobbing: and then we'll crash and burn :bigcry:

Hey. He yelled at Bodo AND Bud Collins in one presser. I'm almost a fan now. :D

Well, according to Linda, we've been off our stride anyway. Maybe we've had it all along. :unsure:

MariaV
04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
But the thread has been deathly dull recently, and the views have slowed down.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Betty
04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
carlita doesnt answer now i go to break her...in msn:o

edit she answered:D she'll control it:p

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 01:44 PM
But the thread has been deathly dull recently, and the views have slowed down. So I hope they don't spin that lie out :mad:

even on our deathly dull days, we are too big for mtf. nid :shrug:

l_mac
04-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, she answered me too.

Castafiore
04-07-2009, 01:46 PM
But the thread has been deathly dull recently
deathly dull? You're not one to exaggerate, are you?

l_mac
04-07-2009, 01:46 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:hug: :hug:

I miss JM :shrug: Andreea and Betty posting:

Andi ...

Betty.

:devil:

doesn't do quite comepare.

l_mac
04-07-2009, 01:47 PM
deathly dull? You're not one to exaggerate, are you?

No.

wildegirl05
well what did she say? tell us so we can spam some more :D

l_mac
Hope you guys know I'm just kidding :hug:

(mostly)

JK

:)

Betty
04-07-2009, 01:48 PM
i never write andi:armed:

l_mac
well what did she say? tell us so we can spam some more :D

She is looking into it.

This 30 second rule KILLS me.

wildegirl05
:hug: :hug:

I miss JM :shrug: Andreea and Betty posting:

doesn't do quite comepare.

:haha:

in fairness, jm is incomparable :worship: nobody could fill those shoes :D

-Evita-
04-07-2009, 01:50 PM
She is looking into it.

Sure, when it's not the real chat thread you're spamming like the devil :rolleyes: :lol: :hug:

Bibberz
JM and I have been emailing each other because of the fantasy baseball league. Linda, apparently he's not too pleased with your OTT behavior in GM these past few days. :lol:

MariaV
i never write andi:armed:

Linda is kidding. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chau I'm off. Get your own chat thread. :p :wavey:

wildegirl05
She is looking into it.

this is very wishy washy and not reassuring :(

:hug: it's curbing your spamming? :armed:

edit: bye maria :wavey:

acionescu
04-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I take 30% of the "deathly dull" blame :awww:

cmurray
04-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I take 30% of the "deathly dull" blame :awww:

Who's responsible for the other 70%? :D

Betty
coz i 'm ego i take the 70%

acionescu
Linda :( did you forget when you tried to surpass JM and your smily wars with Claire? :rolleyes:

I'll provide prooves as soon we have our thread back :armed:

acionescu
04-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Bett for 30%( :p ) and the invited and uninvited trolls for the balance :shrug:

l_mac
04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Linda :( did you forget when you tried to surpass JM and your smily wars with Claire? :rolleyes:

I'll provide prooves as soon we have our thread back :armed:

Yeah, but that was interesting because it was me :rolleyes:

Betty
04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
only 30?
yes coz i started to write here only last year:devil:

l_mac
04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
JM and I have been emailing each other because of the fantasy baseball league. Linda, apparently he's not too pleased with your OTT behavior in GM these past few days. :lol:

Please tell him I thought of him as I posted the Bricker article :D

Bibberz
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Please tell him I thought of him as I posted the Bricker article :D

Will do. :D

cmurray
04-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, but that was interesting because it was me :rolleyes:

This is true. I've always thought

was utterly fascinating. :hug:

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
simon reed :haha:

though the muzzatards had worked out a similar analysis for muzza's rise to #1 by wimbly or something :lol:

l_mac
04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
This is true. I've always thought

was utterly fascinating. :hug:

See?

I will delete all my posts in Nathii's thread.

l_mac
04-07-2009, 02:01 PM
simon reed :haha:

though the muzzatards had worked out a similar analysis for muzza's rise to #1 by wimbly or something :lol:

What has he done now? Is Murray going to be #1? In January it was Verdasco :rolleyes:

Just another Rafa hater.

Carlita
04-07-2009, 02:01 PM
:wavey: it is still here. Well not here or you would see it ;)

I'm trying to find out why it was moved. So until then, stop stressing please :p

Betty
04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
:o thanks and sorry S. :hug:

Castafiore
04-07-2009, 02:03 PM
To quote one MTF'er: "snow is wet".

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 02:03 PM
What has he done now? Is Murray going to be #1? In January it was Verdasco :rolleyes:

Just another Rafa hater.

yep, it's posted on gm. he certainly bandwagons in style :lol:

I'm trying to find out why it was moved. So until then, stop stressing please :p

thanks carlita :hatoff:

though you really don't know us at all, do you? we're gonna be stressing till it's back :lol: but only in jest :hug:

Betty
04-07-2009, 02:04 PM
but sure was linda to stressed u:awww:

l_mac
04-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Oh :bigcry: If it has been move because it is causing the site problems this is very bad :tears:

Fucking useless lurkers. Have always hated them.

cmurray
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Thanks, Carlita.

wildegirl05
Oh :bigcry: If it has been move because it is causing the site problems this is very bad :tears:

Fucking useless lurkers. Have always hated them.

who are you kidding? it's awesome if we had to be moved because we were causing the site problems :D

some of our lurkers are totally useless though. agreed :yeah:

acionescu
I don't care what problems it caused. They should have prevent us or talk with us about it :shrug:

-Evita-
We can always start a new chat thread and the old one can be locked and moved back so we can access the history in it :)

Betty
04-07-2009, 02:07 PM
evita andy already did it;)

wildegirl05
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
We can always start a new chat thread and the old one can be locked and moved back so we can access the history in it :)

what? no.

we better get our old one back with not a post out of place :fiery:

l_mac
04-07-2009, 02:11 PM
evita andy already did it;)
That can be the snooker thread. And after an appropriate period, it can be moved to non tennis :woohoo:
what? no.

we better get our old one back with not a post out of place :fiery:

Yes. I'll not post in another thread.

-Evita-
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
If the thread is indeed the one that is causing the problems, and if they can't figure out how to fix them then they're not going to give it back to us without locking it first. So I'm just saying it may need to be done :shrug: