The "IS ANYONE WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL THIS SEASON OR WHAT?" thread [Archive] - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

The "IS ANYONE WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL THIS SEASON OR WHAT?" thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Snoo Foo
05-20-2009, 04:42 AM
What pants tenting episode????

this... (http://predictdancingwiththestars.blogs.eplay.com/shawn-johnson-causes-and-interesting-reaction-from-mark-ballas/) :unsure:

tennis lover
05-20-2009, 11:22 AM
I honestly have no idea who is going to win! :unsure: I am going to do my best to avoid it though which means I'll have to unsubscribe from this thread in case of a title change! ;)

enjoy the results show everyone. :yeah:

NicoFan
05-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Dial Idol says that it is too close to call. :shrug:

I won't say anything, because I'll offend Kris fans... ;)

Peta Pan
05-20-2009, 12:06 PM
wtf boo they changed the picture! :rolls: It WAS a really cute pic of Kris and Adam :rolls:
Yeahhhh. :lol: :lol: The picture changed! Pretty funny. Sorry you didn't see the first one. It was darling.
Damn that's what I get for going away for the weekend :awww:
Adam should have rocked the house on the first song (definitely should have done Whole Lotta Love...)
I was really looking forward to seeing Whole Lotta Love again too :sad:

I'm just watching it now. I've seen the 2 first performances plus Adam's 2nd.

I much preferred Mad World the 2nd time more than the 1st time he sang it! I also much preferred Adam to Kris. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get excited about Kris's performance of Ain't No Sunshine... I guess I just find the song so unbelievably boring that nothing can save it for me.

(although I also really dislike the slow version of Mad World, I only like the fast Tears For Fears version :hearts: )

Adam's 2nd performance was great... but the song was awful. Ick. Why pick crap like that for him, that's not the kind of song he sings... very disappointed like everyone else here!

star
05-20-2009, 12:10 PM
this... (http://predictdancingwiththestars.blogs.eplay.com/shawn-johnson-causes-and-interesting-reaction-from-mark-ballas/) :unsure:

:spit:

:bigwave:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:haha:

:crazy:

:rolls:

:smoke:

So -- maybe more than a crush?

Peta Pan
05-20-2009, 12:16 PM
ARGH our TV channel is going to show the Finale LIVE but I'll be at freaking work!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigcry:

star
05-20-2009, 12:21 PM
ARGH our TV channel is going to show the Finale LIVE but I'll be at freaking work!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigcry:

Shouldn't Aussies be sleeping by day and awake at night? :p

Here's a snippet from Idol Tracker at the LAT

The two longtime roommates, who have shared living quarters since making it to the top 13, unfortunately "don't get naked together," as Lambert put it with a laugh. However, the pair bond on a deeper level, sitting in on each other's recording sessions and giving each other advice.

"Is it solicited or unsolicited?" Lambert jokingly asked Allen.

But though they may live together and record together, even Lambert and Allen couldn't confidently say who will take home the crown.

As Allen said, "Who knows?!"

savesthedizzle
05-20-2009, 12:28 PM
:rolls:

star
05-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Popwatch on the Scene

After Debbie finally released what was left of the audience, I trundled downstairs to the Nokia Lounge for the promised Adam and Kris quickie press conference. As an appetizer, we were treated to a cameo appearance by Paula, who appeared to hint she thought Kris could win when she noted "when the third [contestant] leaves, you always wonder where the votes'll go." As she left the stage, someone yelled out, "Are all the judges coming back next year?" Paula's reply: "Tune in!"
Finally, in came a surprisingly spry Kris and Adam, who kidded around about adjusting the height of the mic before fielding the first question about the lovely Idol Finale song "No Boundaries." Adam's response, after the obligatory "it was a great song," was kinda brilliant: "There was a lot of lyric." Then a dude pointedly asked Adam if there was any symbolism to his songs, ending the question by stating, "Our people love you." As Kris nodded in agreement, Adam noted that, "'Mad World'...talks about people who don't fit in," and that "A Change is Gonna Come" was born from the civil rights struggles of the 1960s, "and there are all sorts of new civil rights issues that are coming up right now." After the boys fielded a question about being roommates, some incredibly wise person blurted out, "Who's seen who naked?" While Kris shook his head in embarrassment, Adam smiled and said, "We don't get naked together, sorry." After Kris lamented that he didn't feel the minor earthquake that shook L.A. on Sunday night, he said that, like Simon, he felt "Ain't No Sunshine" was his strongest song of the night for the simple reason that "I'd done that song, so I'd already kind of rehearsed it -- it was ready." And while Adam was happy to get a chance to re-stage "Mad World," he singled out "A Change is Gonna Come" as a standout for him: "It came as a surprise. I wouldn't have picked that for myself, but...I looked at the words and they really moved me. I felt like I connected to it." And with that, they were whisked away to rehearse for tonight's finale.
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/idol-top-2-perf.html#mo

savesthedizzle
05-20-2009, 01:04 PM
There's a video of that on MJ's that seems to also be on YT. I'll see if I can find the YT version :)

savesthedizzle
05-20-2009, 01:06 PM
t660m9rqEzQ

star
05-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Muchas gracias, chica!!

star
05-20-2009, 02:09 PM
ohmygosh! This is so darn cute!! I'm not going to tell you all the cuteness so you can just be --- well, squee in delight.

Video is at the top. Cute video. Not to be missed video.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/74418/

savesthedizzle
05-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Bah it is not loading for me :mad: :mad:

savesthedizzle
05-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I got it!!

So cute :D :D Aww and in the group hug Adam like.. kissed the side of Kris's head. :hearts: They're just too cute. Bah.

NicoFan
05-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the videos! :)

totally cute when Adam kissed Kris. :hug: :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I am mad I am working tonight! I won't get home until 9 so I will miss the first hour of potential cuteness :mad:

Lee
05-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the videos!! Not just AI but also DWTS.

I was :rolls: :haha: when I clicked on the video of DWTS as the commercial before the video announced the "National Tent" event. Good that I was sitting in an armchair, otherwise, I might fall off to the floor.

star
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Slezak at Popwatch

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20171835_20280073,00.html

Here's a snippet, but the last line in the article is the best. :p
And indeed, there was Adam, his falsetto swooping across the Nokia Theater like some rare, exotic bird, fanning out his feathers of vocal virtuosity and unflinching showmanship, without which this season of Idol might never have left the ground. (Whoa! That sentence just outed itself!) And there was Kris, behind the piano one minute, strumming his acoustic guitar the next, getting our attention with a whisper, and reminding us that his own brand of magic, while more subdued than Adam's, is just as powerful. I say this without the slightest hesitation or embarrassment: I can't wait to buy my first Adam Lambert concert ticket. I'm counting the days till I can download Kris Allen's debut CD.

star
05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I will stop spamming now.

After the show is over, Allen and Lamert come back onstage to film one of those ominously lit elimintion shots for Wednesday's episode. All the lights in the Nokia Theatre are shut off except for nine spots beaming down on the two singers as they stare at the camera. For a moment, everything is clam, and then people start chanting: "Adam, Adam, Adam ... ."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i3JfIs52mPn5_PgzGmM9ABmVSOnQD989LVI82

Edit: I take it that clam = calm. :D I didn't even notice it until I copied it here. :D :D

Snoo Foo
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
the song was awful. Ick. Why pick crap like that for him, that's not the kind of song he sings... very disappointed like everyone else here!

:awww: :sad: I love that song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-NH5gA4JP8&feature=related) but they completely fucked it up beyond recognition :bigcry: :mad:

*Raine
05-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I just have to say this:

Adam all the way tomorrow. :rocker2::rocker2:

But whoever wins I will be happy since I like them both, I just happen to like Adam more. :p Kris' Aint No Sunshine was amazing as the first time he performed it, and I liked Adam's 2nd song.

:tape::help: :silly:--> at the unicorn song aka No Boundaries. Didn't like that at all.

PS: Adam's entrance to the Mad World performance reminded me of The Undertaker and Paul Bearer's (from WWF) entrance. :haha: :haha:

NicoFan
05-20-2009, 04:14 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i3JfIs52mPn5_PgzGmM9ABmVSOnQD989LVI82

I don't understand why the vote is so close. :shrug:

Adam is clearly the better singer, and there is far more buzz about him. And yes, when he walks on stage, it is Adam Adam Adam - certainly no Kris Kris Kris.

This entire thing is beyond me. :shrug: :lol:

Sorry to the Kris fans here, but I'm going to be major disappointed if Adam doesn't win... :sad:

star
05-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Kris is very cute in that non-sexual-sexy-teen-idol sort of way. He's got a darling family. He's evidently a sweet son and a faithful Christian. These are things that move voters. Also, Kris has a nice voice that is familiar to people. It doesn't require them to stretch at all.

It's funny. I listen mostly to world music and I hear much better singers than I hear on American pop radio -- not saying European radio is better because there's a lot of dreck on there too and I've never cared for the Euro-pop sound very much. But when I'm listening say to Mariza or Milton Naciomento and then hear pop radio, it's jarring. Adam has more of a sound I'm used to hearing and a voice I can admire -- even though I'm not a Celine Dion or Mariah/Whitney fan of simply wailing for wailing's sake. I don't like all those thoughtless runs. I think Adam keeps them to a minimum in his singing.

Anyway -- started to ramble there. Kris is comfortable and known. You can be secure that he will never scare you or baffle you or make you listen more carefully or stretch your boundaries.

star
05-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Nico Fan -- thought you might enjoy this analysis of Adam's voice by some Opera experts.

http://www.adamlambertfansite.org/page/Opera+experts+rate+%E2%80%9CIdol%E2%80%99s%E2%80%9 D+Adam+Lambert?t=anon

*Raine
05-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Go Adam!!! :wavey: :worship: :angel:

Whoever wins, I will be extremely happy. :D

*Raine
05-21-2009, 12:31 AM
David Cook -best and most deserving american idol ever. :worship:

Wow.... that Permanent performance was amazing. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 12:45 AM
did i miss anything? besides keith urban (?) and kris?

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 12:47 AM
oh megan joy (?) i sure as hell haven't missed you at all :lol:

*Raine
05-21-2009, 12:48 AM
did i miss anything? besides keith urban (?) and kris?

David Cook :D and Norman Gentle :p

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 12:54 AM
i ssee, like, a fake awards show thingy, cute way to kill a couple hours :yeah:

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I am home :D Just in time to have my ears bleed courtesy of Gokey.

Omg stop dancing you tool.

*Raine
05-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Ugh

Gokey sang Dream On which was performed by Michael Johns last year and now Hello?

While David Cook was there???? What the Frak!!! :(:(:(:(:(

David Cook made Hello much more better than Lionel's version.

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 01:18 AM
:rocker2: Beth :rocker2:

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 01:18 AM
damn he's good. i hope i don't cry. i mean, i could cry, whoever wins. ok i hope i do cry... :scratch:

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 01:21 AM
:rocker2: I wanna rock & roll all night (and part of every day) :rocker2:

dude this is mad funner than anything i saw on the actual show...

savesthedizzle
Adam and KISS :hearts:

savesthedizzle
mmmmm adam's rock screaming :lick:

knight_ley

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 01:37 AM
oy steve martin jumped the shark circa 1987, but that song was better than anything i remember megan joy doing on the show...

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 01:40 AM
:hearts: noopin :hearts:

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 01:42 AM
:worship: the reanimated carcass of rod stewart :worship:

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 01:43 AM
the guys singing that song were ridiculous because there are so few of them who were actually sexy or whose body i would want :rolls:

knight_ley
05-21-2009, 01:47 AM
oh god why is she back.

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 01:55 AM
:lol: one more chance for adam to totally and completely obliterate krissy, in case anyone was still undecided

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Nico Fan -- thought you might enjoy this analysis of Adam's voice by some Opera experts.

http://www.adamlambertfansite.org/page/Opera+experts+rate+%E2%80%9CIdol%E2%80%99s%E2%80%9 D+Adam+Lambert?t=anon

"How long can he do this style of singing and is it the best style for his voice and for a long career?"

:awww: adam is the rafelin of AI

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Adam singing Queen. Incredibly overdue.

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:02 AM
"I don't usually mean this..." damn i love simon

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:03 AM
fuck no, no that's so wrong. sorry.

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:03 AM
i've lost my faith in humanity. kris is adorable and all that but no. no way.

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:04 AM
wow everyone's in shock :lol:

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:05 AM
dang nobody's like, crying or anything. i mean, not even me. it's nothing like dwts.

oh fuck me no not this fucking idiot song again...

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:05 AM
horseshit

but i guess, i mean, adam will be a superstar anyway, and if kris didn't win this he'd be back at carphone warehouse in a month so this way they both win... right?

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 02:06 AM
good :D

Adam doesn't have to release this god awful song :D :D He is the true winner :D

knight_ley
:lol: He could at least act excited. Heather and I both reacted more than he did! :lol:

savesthedizzle
horseshit

but i guess, i mean, adam will be a superstar anyway, and if kris didn't win this he'd be back at carphone warehouse in a month so this way they both win... right?

Carphone Warehouse exists in the US? :speakles:

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:07 AM
this song is truly vomitous, horrific

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:08 AM
he knows he wasn't the best... jeez that was so weird. so like, bizarrely subdued.

knight_ley
05-21-2009, 02:08 AM
aww him & his wifey were cuuuuute! :hearts:

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 02:10 AM
I missed the very end because we had an emergency alert because some kid has been abducted. Poor taste people during the end of AI. I would have massacred them if they did that while announcing the winner.

NicoFan
05-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Last time that I watch AI.

The most talented guy that has ever blessed an AI stage, and America doesn't vote for him.

Unbelievable....

Kris will be forgotten tomorrow.

The only good thing - Adam won't have to sing that horrific Kara song. :lol:

Snoo Foo
05-21-2009, 02:13 AM
I missed the very end because we had an emergency alert because some kid has been abducted. Poor taste people during the end of AI. I would have massacred them if they did that while announcing the winner.

Altereek Jr.? more weirdness, to go from the missing baby back to AI highlights...

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Last time that I watch AI.

The most talented guy that has ever blessed an AI stage, and America doesn't vote for him.

Unbelievable....

Kris will be forgotten tomorrow.

The only good thing - Adam won't have to sing that horrific Kara song. :lol:

Kris will fall somewhere in the spectrum of winners between Hicks and Sparks. He will be better than Fantasia, Ruben and Hicks in that I think he will actually have maybe one hit song :D But less hit songs than Jordan. I do not think Kris will ever duet with a girlfriend beater :D

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Altereek Jr.? more weirdness, to go from the missing baby back to AI highlights...
Yes. :mad:

NicoFan
05-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Kris will fall somewhere in the spectrum of winners between Hicks and Sparks. He will be better than Fantasia, Ruben and Hicks in that I think he will actually have maybe one hit song :D But less hit songs than Jordan. I do not think Kris will ever duet with a girlfriend beater :D

I think you are right. :)

Especially about not dueting with a gf beater. :lol:

Awww, Kris is a nice guy - just not an American Idol. :shrug:

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 02:28 AM
The span of Idol success (of actual winners) is probably:

Carrie
Kelly
Cook
Sparks
Kris
Fantasia
Studdard
Hicks?

Is that all of them? :lol: Fantasia rises up only because she had a nice run in the Color Purple on Broadway :lol: And Ruben had that timeless classic "I'm Sorry For 2004" :rolls:

knight_ley
05-21-2009, 02:33 AM
The span of Idol success (of actual winners) is probably:

Carrie
Kelly
Cook
Sparks
Kris
Fantasia
Studdard
Hicks?

Is that all of them? :lol: Fantasia rises up only because she had a nice run in the Color Purple on Broadway :lol: And Ruben had that timeless classic "I'm Sorry For 2004" :rolls:

:haha: I was just gonna ask you what Ruben has done. And then I remembered that song. :haha: And I almost attacked the fuck outta you for leaving the love of my life Chris Daughtry off your list, until I read the actual winners part. :p

And tbh, I'd put Jordin ahead of creepyDavid. I haven't heard anything of him solo except that song he did on Idol. Jordin I've actually heard on the radio... Just my opinion. :p Even though I was a big creepyDavid fan on the show. :/

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 02:33 AM
:haha: I was just gonna ask you what Ruben has done. And then I remembered that song. :haha: And I almost attacked the fuck outta you for leaving the love of my life Chris Daughtry off your list, until I read the actual winners part. :p

And tbh, I'd put Jordin ahead of creepyDavid. I haven't heard anything of him solo except that song he did on Idol. Jordin I've actually heard on the radio... Just my opinion. :p Even though I was a big creepyDavid fan on the show. :/

I am giving David a bit more time :lol:

I think at the moment they are probably tied. Tattoo was not quality :lol:

knight_ley
05-21-2009, 02:40 AM
I am giving David a bit more time :lol:

I think at the moment they are probably tied. Tattoo was not quality :lol:

No not quality, just quantity. :p

I did finally hear his album about 2 weeks ago and it is good. Hopefully he does better soon... There's no reason he shouldn't have a career that is Daughtry-esque.

*Raine
05-21-2009, 03:43 AM
I admit I'm a little bit disappointed right now that Adam didn't win.

But Kris winning is fine too. I'm just glad Gokey didn't make it to the finale and won.

David Cook was amazing today. He's still my no. 1 idol on AI. :D :angel:

Lee
05-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Adam is absolutely amazing tonight. And that makes the result more stunning.

Lee
05-21-2009, 05:03 AM
:worship: the reanimated carcass of rod stewart :worship:

He should never be allowed to perform anywhere, anyplace, anytime.

Stephie Cesc
05-21-2009, 06:01 AM
David Cook was amazing today. He's still my no. 1 idol on AI. :D :angel:

David is the best! :worship: ;)

tennis lover
05-21-2009, 12:37 PM
wow, they really pack in the performances on the results show! :o Rod Stewart was awful. :sobbing:

I am happy Kris won, I know you aren't but I'm just not that into the screamy-rock genre. :shrug: If he did an album full of Tracks of my Tears type stuff however, I would definitely buy it. :D poor Kris having to release that awful song, no wonder he wasn't completely over the moon at winning! :o it was a bit weird though, maybe he's just not the kind of guy to get really emotional in public. :shrug:

In terms of American Idol winners' success in Britain, it goes
Kelly
Jordin
and the others don't exist. :shrug: It'll be interesting to see if Kris or Adam make it over here or not.

savesthedizzle
05-21-2009, 01:32 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090521/en_top_eo/125143

American Idol's Runner-Up Adam Lambert: "It Felt So Good"
E! Online
Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna – Thu May 21, 1:45 am ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) – "What a night, right?" asked Adam Lambert backstage after tonight's American Idol finale, a big smile on his face. "It felt so good. I got to sing with Queen and with Kiss. I mean, first or second, it doesn't matter to me; I got to sing with two great, heroic rock bands."

Check out else what he had to say about the big show, coming in second and his future plans...

What did you feel in those last moments when they announced the winner?

Well, you know, I knew it was going to be a close race. Kris is incredibly talented, and he's a good person. For me it was like, okay, we know it's going to be close. Whatever happens, happens. We made it this far. We got to do a really cool finale, and we're both gonna get to do great things in the future. For me, it's not really about what happens tonight. It's about tomorrow.

What's immediately next?

We're going start working on some music right way. That's what I can't wait to do: to collaborate, to write, to cowrite, to create visuals that go along with the music, too. That's gonna be really exciting.

Have you received any offers yet?

A couple. Just a few here and there.

What did the judges say to you after the show tonight?

Paula from the get-go has been super-supportive. I walked into the room and she just had the warmest, most positive energy. She just said she's proud of me. It's been a very encouraging environment. I never felt like, Well, you can't do that or you can't sing that and you can't say that and you can't wear that. It was like: Adam, do your thing. Which was really cool. When I was younger, it was scarier to take risks and I kept pushing myself throughout my early 20s to where it wasn't scary anymore.

Will you collaborate with Allison Iraheta?

I love Allison; we'll see. That'll be really cool.

Blogs are going to say, 'If he wins it's because he's gay, or if he loses it's because he's gay.' What do you think of that?

Is that what they're gonna say? [Laughs] Those blogs have a lot of opinions, don't they? [Laughs] I think that Kris won because he's a great artist and I was happy to be a runner-up to that.

What's your goal now?

My dream now is to make a really dope record. Do something new. Push the boundaries a little bit. Push people's buttons. Open people's minds up a little bit. If there's anything that can come from this experience I hope that all the fans out there can pick up that even if you're really different there's a way to get along with each other. We did the Queen duet and we made it work because we found a common ground with each other.

What was your strategy on the show this season?

My strategy was to show all different sides. There's a very fine line between giving the audience what they wanted and then also me trying to give them stuff that maybe they didn't know they wanted.

Tell us about your style.

I like things that make you look. I don't like to blend in. I like to stand out. This is a Cavalli jacket that I'm really, really into.

Are you happy with your new Ford Fusion Hybrid?

The Fusion is beautiful. It's so whisper quiet. Hybrid all the way. Let's protect the environment.

NicoFan
05-21-2009, 03:37 PM

Star - I finally had a chance to read this article this morning. Thanks for posting! :) So nice to hear real experts talking about how great Adam's voice is! :yeah:

NicoFan
05-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I love the last line of the E! Online article - can it get any better? He cares about the environment! ;) :lol: (me too....)

Snoo Foo
05-23-2009, 09:35 PM
wA7bA6rhKvc

star
05-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Jess, can we change this thread to the SYTYCD thread??

Or at least have it the Kradam :worship:/SYTYCD thread?

savesthedizzle
05-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Jess, can we change this thread to the SYTYCD thread??

Or at least have it the Kradam :worship:/SYTYCD thread?

Haha I was thinking of starting to watch that :D :D Okay :p

A friend of mine was on that show a few years ago... he made it only past like.. the initial cut. But still. :dance: I danced with him and he made it at least a little way on SYTYCD but I didn't know he was on til after the fact or I would have watched. :rolls: So I can change it :)

star
05-25-2009, 12:19 AM
How did you dance with him? I mean -- socially, or in class or ....

I didn't know you danced -- I mean, more than anyone dances.

My godchild dances, but I think she gave it up when she moved to New York. She's too busy in school, I think.

savesthedizzle
05-25-2009, 12:30 AM
How did you dance with him? I mean -- socially, or in class or ....

I didn't know you danced -- I mean, more than anyone dances.

My godchild dances, but I think she gave it up when she moved to New York. She's too busy in school, I think.

I took dance classes from age 4-17, I didn't keep up with it in college :)

star
05-25-2009, 12:38 AM

:)

Yes, that's like her -- except she did participate in college I think until her last year when it all became too much for her. I doubt that she's found a dance class in NYC. Graduate school is probably too demanding. She's tall though for a dancer. 5'10"

What kind of dance -- contemporary?

we will have to rely on your expertise for the show. :p

savesthedizzle
05-25-2009, 12:45 AM
I did combo tap/ballet when i was 4 and 5, when I was 6-10 I did only jazz, then when I was 10 I added tap and kickline (like the Rockettes... in my studio it's audition only and I made it even though I had *just* started tap :D) when I was 11-12ish I started lyrical, when I was 13 I started ballet. Ballet soon became my fave and I was on pointe by the time I was 15. I hate pointe.

At the height of my dancing, I had 3 ballet classes, pointe, 2 jazz classes, 3 tap classes, kickline, lyrical. :tape: I also did an invitational choreography workshop and an invitational swing dancing workshop. :rolls:

I only started ballet because I danced at a workshop with Paula Abdul :rolls: and me and one of my friends were the only 2 who didn't do ballet and there was going to be a ballet class and the owner of the studio was like "Guys, I don't want you to sit this out, maybe start doing ballet?" so we started taking a class, did it at the workshop, and I ended up looooooving ballet :D

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs014.snc1/2634_1122829594215_1331349985_365042_678224_n.jpg

I'm also in this picture at the Rockette workshop :hearts: that one is awesome, you do a mock audition and they score you :D I got top scores in all categories but then they just HAD to ruin it by reminding me that I'm a midget :p

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs029.snc1/2582_634394825576_5500025_39215551_3385158_n.jpg

star
05-25-2009, 01:03 AM
I did combo tap/ballet when i was 4 and 5, when I was 6-10 I did only jazz, then when I was 10 I added tap and kickline (like the Rockettes... in my studio it's audition only and I made it even though I had *just* started tap :D) when I was 11-12ish I started lyrical, when I was 13 I started ballet. Ballet soon became my fave and I was on pointe by the time I was 15. I hate pointe.

At the height of my dancing, I had 3 ballet classes, pointe, 2 jazz classes, 3 tap classes, kickline, lyrical. :tape: I also did an invitational choreography workshop and an invitational swing dancing workshop. :rolls:

I only started ballet because I danced at a workshop with Paula Abdul :rolls: and me and one of my friends were the only 2 who didn't do ballet and there was going to be a ballet class and the owner of the studio was like "Guys, I don't want you to sit this out, maybe start doing ballet?" so we started taking a class, did it at the workshop, and I ended up looooooving ballet :D

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs014.snc1/2634_1122829594215_1331349985_365042_678224_n.jpg

I'm also in this picture at the Rockette workshop :hearts: that one is awesome, you do a mock audition and they score you :D I got top scores in all categories but then they just HAD to ruin it by reminding me that I'm a midget :p

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs029.snc1/2582_634394825576_5500025_39215551_3385158_n.jpg

That is awesome! :worship: :worship: :worship:

It's great to be a midget in dance though! Maybe not a midget like Shawn Johnson, but all the girls on SYTYCD are midgets.

After knowing all this, I can almost forgive you for floving Lacy. :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Lacey from DWTS? :D She is my second favorite female pro, for sure :D I mean she's no Cheryl but she's definitely a cut above naked Edyta or slutty Maks-stealing even though I swear she just broke up with Mario Lopez Karina Smiroff Ice. :) Kym just doesn't do anything for me.

star
05-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Lacey from DWTS? :D She is my second favorite female pro, for sure :D I mean she's no Cheryl but she's definitely a cut above naked Edyta or slutty Maks-stealing even though I swear she just broke up with Mario Lopez Karina Smiroff Ice. :) Kym just doesn't do anything for me.

I didn't like Lacy on SYTYCD and I thought she was gone from my life forever, so when she showed up on DWTS, I was

not happy.

savesthedizzle
05-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Ahhh I see.

*Raine
05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Cook fans hated Lacey when there was a rumor last year that she was dating David Cook. :p

tennis lover
05-26-2009, 11:51 PM
It took me a long time to figure out what SYTYCD is! :sobbing: is it just the same as Dancing with the Stars? :p

savesthedizzle
05-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Cook fans hated Lacey when there was a rumor last year that she was dating David Cook. :p

The more you mention Cook fans, the more I think they're a bit :scratch: :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-27-2009, 01:37 AM
not really Jo. SYTYCD has no celebrities in it :lol: it's like Idol, but for dance.

*Raine
05-27-2009, 01:45 AM
I like Mark Kanemura from last year. :p

Since this is also a Kradam thread, might as well post Adam's video here: :lol: :devil::lick::aplot:

woJM08fl5CU

:haha: The title of the thread where I found this video is Adam handling little Adam. :spit::tape:

Just some of the Cook fans over at Idolforums.com :p.

savesthedizzle
05-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Adam Lambert keen on Queen, but won't rock only
AP

ERIN CARLSON, AP Entertainment Writer Erin Carlson, Ap Entertainment Writer – Tue May 26, 8:48 pm ET

NEW YORK – Will he, will he rock you? Adam Lambert won't rule out a stint as the new frontman of Queen, but don't let that fool you into thinking the "American Idol" runner-up will make his living on the classic rock station. The legendary band has expressed interest in employing his formidable vocal skills, and Lambert is a big fan of the group once fronted by the late Freddie Mercury.

But the 27-year-old California native said Tuesday that he'd feel torn about joining the band.

"That's a tough question because, honestly, how do you say no to being in Queen?" said Lambert, sporting his trademark dark nail polish and blue-streaked hair. "I mean, that's unbelievable. But at the same time, I do have my own thing to do right now, and that's my goal. So if I could, I would try to do both. That's the honest question. I would try to do both. I would love to perform with them anytime they wanted me to but I also have my record to do. So, we'll see."

Lambert, a former theater actor, has ambitious plans for his post-"Idol" debut album.

"My record will be kind of a rock-pop-electronic-dance thing," he said. "I don't know how to describe it. I think it's gonna take on a life of its own, as far as genre goes."

The album is in the very early stages and Lambert aims to co-write much of the material.

On "Idol," Lambert was the resident glam rocker, staging elaborate, over-the-top performances and daring to don goth-inspired outfits (with guyliner) on an otherwise family-style show.

"There's a way to take the glam rock of the '70s and the classic rock of the '70s and kind of modernize it. ... I want it to be produced in a very very current, almost futuristic, way. So we're going to come up with something really fresh," he said.

The musical mix will include "sexy, dance-y, vibe-y" numbers and more emotional songs that "appeal to people that are going through a hard time or don't believe in themselves," he said.

"I want to communicate the liberation that is being comfortable in your own skin and that is being your own person," said Lambert, who has largely kept his personal life under wraps. "And the spirit of being different, and how strong that can make you feel."

Any dream collaborators?

"Madonna would be amazing," he gushes. "I'd love to work with Madonna — I think she's a genius. She has great ideas. Lady GaGa is brilliant. She's got her finger on the pulse. She's the hot thing right now. Katy Perry's amazing, absolutely amazing."

Sexy, dance-y, vibe-y numbers. :dance: If Adam *does* end up collaborating with Lady Gaga on anything, I'm fairly certain it would blow my mind :rolls: Lady Gaga is probably my most listened to artist at the moment, I listen to her CD so much.

star
05-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm very unsure about the direction Adam plans to take -- But, we'll see. I didn't think I would ever like him this much at the beginning. I'll keep an open mind.

THIS is my favorite youtube video. Personally, I think Adam and Kris should go on the road together -- sing a couple of songs each and spend the rest of the time just smiling at each other and hugging. It never gets old. :lol: :lol:

kyvsA9GUPlg

Peta Pan
05-27-2009, 02:34 PM

That's really cool :D

I did ballet from age 7 till 20, quit but missed it and went back for one year when I was 21. I also did jazz from about age 9 till 17.
By the time I finished ballet, everyone else in my class was on pointe but I couldn't :( I had the shoes and I tried, but I have horrible problems with ingrown toenails and pointe shoes just caused me too much unbearable pain :sad:

Peta Pan
05-27-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm a Cook fan :ras:
Sexy, dance-y, vibe-y numbers. :dance: If Adam *does* end up collaborating with Lady Gaga on anything, I'm fairly certain it would blow my mind :rolls: Lady Gaga is probably my most listened to artist at the moment, I listen to her CD so much.
I like the sound of what Adam plans to do with his album. It sounds like it will be an album in the same vein as all the reasons we loved him on the show and I can't wait!

I'm not really a Lady Gaga fan but if Adam was collaborating I'd definitely still listen :dance:

Peta Pan
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm very unsure about the direction Adam plans to take -- But, we'll see. I didn't think I would ever like him this much at the beginning. I'll keep an open mind.

THIS is my favorite youtube video. Personally, I think Adam and Kris should go on the road together -- sing a couple of songs each and spend the rest of the time just smiling at each other and hugging. It never gets old. :lol: :lol:

kyvsA9GUPlg

Awwwwwwwwwwww :awww:
:lol:

Lee
05-27-2009, 03:04 PM

kyvsA9GUPlg

:awww: x 100000000000000000000000 :lol:

star
05-27-2009, 04:22 PM

Cook and Lacey -- a perfect fit. :p

awwwww. :hug: No one's perfect. :) :)

:silly:

*Raine
05-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Has anyone listened to Adam's pre idol music? I wonder if he's going to do something like his Pop Goes The Camera. ;)

I'm a Cook fan too. :D

savesthedizzle
05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
omg that Kradam vid is the cutest thing I've freakin ever seen.

PennyThePenguin
05-28-2009, 12:53 AM
omg that Kradam vid is the cutest thing I've freakin ever seen.

*nods* feeeeell the brooommaaaaannncce! :hearts:

*Raine
05-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Still Mavid pawns Kradam. :p

But I like them both. *two thumbs up*

star
05-30-2009, 10:21 PM
This is an article about Adam's career before Idol and how he developed as a singer. It's got lots of pictures of him as a youngster.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/05/30/entertainment/music/zd53ca84f1e94dc6c882575c100676ed0.txt

p.s. It's a really good article too. Lots of detail.

PennyThePenguin
05-31-2009, 01:08 AM
guess who this is :D

Running:Free
05-31-2009, 01:23 AM
Still Mavid pawns Kradam. :p

But I like them both. *two thumbs up*

I like Cake the best. :shrug: :p (Blake and Chris Rich)

star
06-01-2009, 03:08 AM
guess who this is :D

I tried to see a bigger picture, but it didn't show up.

Who made it?

PennyThePenguin
06-02-2009, 02:18 AM
some artist for our local paper's entertainment section

*Raine
06-02-2009, 04:50 AM
I like Cake the best. :shrug: :p (Blake and Chris Rich)

ChrAce is okay too. Chris Daughtry + Ace. :p

*Raine
06-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Anyone who will go to the AI tour this year? :wavey:

savesthedizzle
06-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I was thinking about it but then realized I like too few people besides Adam for it to be worth it :rolls:

Lee
06-04-2009, 12:39 AM
I can't imagine I paid to watch Mr. Gokey performing....... :ras:

star, if you drop by, there's a PM waiting for you.

savesthedizzle
06-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Sooo ARE we all SYTYCD-ing or am I the only one? :p

Any early faves? :p

*Raine
06-04-2009, 09:11 AM
When it's <insert name here>'s turn to sing just go to the bathroom. :D :haha:

Sorry Jess but I don't watch STYCD videos on YouTube anymore, and they don't air it here.

savesthedizzle
06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
star wanted me to change the title and now no one is talking about it :rolls:

*Raine
06-04-2009, 04:26 PM
It's star's fault then. :p

Jessita, why don't you start a tv show thread instead? :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
It's star's fault then. :p

Jessita, why don't you start a tv show thread instead? :rocker2:

We could just change this into a general TV thread :D :dance:

I need a good title though :D

Lee
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM

Last night is the first time I watched the show and only for a very short time. No idea who's who yet :p But by the time I catch up, I will be in Canada and miss more of the show :lol:

savesthedizzle
06-04-2009, 08:08 PM
It is on tonight to find out who is in top 20 :D :D

Lee
06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
OkK! On second thought, I may catch up the show in Canada. I remembered this is my niece favourite. :lol:

savesthedizzle
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
OkK! On second thought, I may catch up the show in Canada. I remembered this is my niece favourite. :lol:

:yeah:

Idol could take some pointers from them. They packed SO MUCH SHOW into the show yesterday :rolls: Less commercials + more show = win :D

Lee
06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
They have lots more competitors though. Some of the dances were not too impressive, IMHO.

savesthedizzle
06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
They have lots more competitors though. Some of the dances were not too impressive, IMHO.

I am not a fan of the "contemporary" style much at all. :rolls:

I like the "broadway brothers" :rolls: I *have* been surprised with some of the people they've let go who I thought were pretty good but :shrug: There is huge internet uproar about Natalie, but I understand her being cut because her contemporary for the judges was NOT good... she was sooo off the music. But everyone is outraged that she wasn't even given a chance to dance for her life, which I totally agree with being bogus. She is so the Jamar of this show :sad:

Lee
06-04-2009, 09:05 PM
And the guy, I forgot his name, was sooooo upset with Natalie leaving :awww:

star
06-05-2009, 02:01 AM
I can't imagine I paid to watch Mr. Gokey performing....... :ras:

star, if you drop by, there's a PM waiting for you.

I answered. Sorry I didn't see it before. Haven't been around much. Too much trauma this RG. :lol:

I liked the guy who was upset that Natalie left. Needs more neck though. Of course the funny guy with the face of Nigel in his act is endearing -- not so sure about him as a dancer.

I like the "broadway brothers" :rolls: I *have* been surprised with some of the people they've let go who I thought were pretty good but :shrug: There is huge internet uproar about Natalie, but I understand her being cut because her contemporary for the judges was NOT good... she was sooo off the music. But everyone is outraged that she wasn't even given a chance to dance for her life, which I totally agree with being bogus. She is so the Jamar of this show :sad:

If Natalie had been cuter, she would have had a chance to dance for her life. My opinion. they let the tap dancer dance for his life. I was sad he left because he was cute. Also there was a guy -- last name Wong, I think. He was like an Asian Mario Lopez. Great dimples. But I lost track of what happened to him.

And the guy, I forgot his name, was sooooo upset with Natalie leaving :awww:

These dancers get way emotional don't they.

Just watched Flying Confessions of a Free Woman. Kind of interesting. Documentary. Apparently, I'm giving up writing complete sentences.

star
06-05-2009, 02:02 AM

What style do you like? I like the more lyrical styes. I'm all for pretty. Don't cae so much for crumping/hiphop/whatever other name there is for it.

savesthedizzle
06-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Your guy is still in it, I'm not going to spoil ;)

They picked the right top 20, I do think :) They let in a few :shrug: people who had sob stories, but mostly right :) I look forward to the next episodes :D

star
06-05-2009, 02:04 AM
I love the host(ess)of this show. I want her to be my bff -- or mommy.

savesthedizzle
06-05-2009, 02:05 AM
What style do you like? I like the more lyrical styes. I'm all for pretty. Don't cae so much for crumping/hiphop/whatever other name there is for it.

Hip hop and jazz and broadway, ballroom, more classical lyrical styles I like. That crap Mia choreographed I hate :rolls: I'm not into the angular kind of jerky movements like that. Hip hop is one thing, but to slower songs...I prefer long fluid lines... pointed not flexed feet, etc. Bah I'm old fashioned :rolls:

savesthedizzle
06-05-2009, 02:07 AM
I love the host(ess)of this show. I want her to be my bff -- or mommy.

Hahahaha I like her too, I've seen her on other shows :D

star
06-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Hip hop and jazz and broadway, ballroom, more classical lyrical styles I like. That crap Mia choreographed I hate :rolls: I'm not into the angular kind of jerky movements like that. Hip hop is one thing, but to slower songs...I prefer long fluid lines... pointed not flexed feet, etc. Bah I'm old fashioned :rolls:

I'm also not so fond of all these "story" dances. I just like movement to music. I don't have to have a story so much Also, I'm totally into beautiful lines. I'll forgive just about everything if someone has long gorgeous lines.

star
06-05-2009, 02:52 AM
Oh my gosh, my little asian sweetie didn't get through. Selfish little dance director. Phooey. :ras:

Making my little dimpled boy cry. Meanie. :mad:

savesthedizzle
06-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Oh my gosh, my little asian sweetie didn't get through. Selfish little dance director. Phooey. :ras:

Yeah, that really sucked :sad: :sad:

Lee
06-05-2009, 04:41 AM

My heart broke for Alex Wong too. :sobbing:

savesthedizzle
06-05-2009, 12:59 PM
The part that sucks about that is that the company let him have the time away to even go do this Vegas week and all that, so they knew that was a possibility when they even allowed him to do THIS, so to allow him to do that without allowing him to go all the way really really blows. They should have nipped it in the bud. They know how good he is. :awww:

star
06-05-2009, 02:48 PM
The part that sucks about that is that the company let him have the time away to even go do this Vegas week and all that, so they knew that was a possibility when they even allowed him to do THIS, so to allow him to do that without allowing him to go all the way really really blows. They should have nipped it in the bud. They know how good he is. :awww:

Communists. He should defect. Like that ballet dancer from China in the book I just read.

*Raine
06-08-2009, 06:29 PM
I miss Adam :sobbing:

savesthedizzle
06-09-2009, 01:37 AM
I miss Adam too.

Is his Rolling Stone out yet? I need it.

star
06-09-2009, 02:46 AM
He was on TMZ. :) Talking on the phone, going to the parking garage --

But I need more music.

*Raine
06-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Adam on the Rolling Stone Magazine: :D:angel:
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/0/2/6/5/28565620-28565621-large.jpg

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/06/09/the-new-issue-of-rolling-stone-the-liberation-of-adam-lambert/ (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/06/09/the-new-issue-of-rolling-stone-the-liberation-of-adam-lambert/)

star
06-09-2009, 04:22 PM
It's a great photo.

He said Kris was "totally my type." :lol: :lol:

I'm looking forward to reading it.

EDIT: I really enjoyed the video about the photo shoot at the end of that article. I didn't even notice the snake in the picture until I watched the video. :rolls:

savesthedizzle
06-11-2009, 01:23 AM
OMFG I AM GOING TO DIE THEY JUST MENTIONED A WADE ROBSON NUMBER

AND WADE ROBSON IS THE LOVE OF MY DANCE LIFE I WANT TO MARRY HIM AND DO HIS CHOREOGRAPHY FOREVER.

omg i can't wait for this. :rolls:

star
06-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Is nobody watching tonight?

Jeannene and Philip: I'm not crazy about Phillip already, but we'l see. Philip gets hip hop off the bat. I'm sure that was just luck of the draw. :rolleyes: The outfit makes Jeanene look fat, and I'm pretty sure she's not. Some dippy story that starts and stops with them lying on the floor. Lots of face licking from the judges.

Vitolio and Oska(?) Of course Vitolio has the backstory no one an top -- From Hati -- grew up in an orphanage because his mother died giving birth to his sister. Broadway -- he's always so cartoonish. I hope they survive. Mary is being mean to them. phooey. Nigel says no personality. :p I don't know what they are suppose to do when they are basically dancing cartoon characters. I don't like Tyce's choreography.

Karla and Jonathan: Jonathan talk about makin it sexy when he looks like he's 12 :eek: Cha-cha. I'm basically bored. It is never going to stop. Mary is screaming. :rolleyes: Nigel loves it and Mary is screaming some more. Jonathan is dancing like a MAN. :lol:

Randi and Evan: Tyce AGAIN. Two dances in one week? How did we get so lucky? :rolleyes: Randi is married! Barefoot dancing. they have much the same physiques. Short muscular legs But they seem to be doing a good job. Guest judge says best Tyce routine ever. I'd say the same. Actually kind of human. Mary is screaming. Nigel loves the curly hair and likes them as a couple. Guest judge says that they danced like they were eight feet tall.

Paris and Tony: Paris was in a big car crash. One leg is numb from the knee down. Thought she wouldn't dance again. Tony decided to go with dance instead of a laccross scholarship. Tony is a hiphop guy but he's having trouble. I have nothing to say about the routine. Except they both seem to be exceptionally limber. Adam thought it was good ----but the costumes were distracting. wth?? They have nothing to do with that. Adam says not enough rebound on the movements. Mary says not memorable to boos. Nigel agrees. Are Mary and Nigel sleeping together? What else explains Mary on this show? Nigel says Johnathan wasn't real. Hey, they knew he wasn't a good dancer when they picked him.

Caitlin and Jason: She started in gymnastics. Jason never though he would be a dancer -- I guess at somepoint the thought entered his head. He says he's become a better dancer a better person and a better man. Bollywood. Hands are v. v. v. important. not a lot going on between them as a couple even though both are dancing well -- they don't seem like a couple. Adam loves it! He yells. Jason's handwork was superb and he made it look effortless. Caitlin was doing well too. Almost lost the sync though. Mary is enthusiastic. Says Jason has Charisma. He is very cute. Nigel says they brought it. Caitlin

Jeanette and Brandon: Foxtrot. Jeanette is a salsa dancer and has never studied dance! :eek: And she's paired with Brandon :eek: Brandon, Mary's darling. She has an awful dress to dance in. Sort of modified mermaid with some fishnett over one shoulder and arm. And PINK. They are doing very little for me. But Brandon is STRONG. She throwing her around like a rag doll. Adam says that Brandon can dance with clothes on. He thought it was lovely. Talked about Brandon the whole time. Mary talks about Jeanette. But loves Brandon. Nigel praises Jeanette's carriage. Says Brandon's tiny feet aren't strong enough. He should work on it.

And we learn that the hostess has size 41 feet. That's not so big is it? Like size 9 here, no?

Ashley and Kupono: Ashley auditioned. Kupono is really cute. Wade Robson. Two crash test dummies. yes. I could not make that up. Peculiar ending that didn't really build the applause. They went behind a wall and crashed and a tire rolled out. That was the end.
The judges like it.

Mellissa and Ade: Melissa is the naughty ballerina. She's 29. Ade pronounced uh-day. he's an Orange county kid. He wear a pick in his hair -- I mean all the time. Like it's a hat. Wears it when he's dancing. They are working with Mandie Moore doing contemporary. Got the fans on to ripple their clothes. Barefoot dancing. He dancing in something like pjs and she in some baby doll flowy thing that gets pulled up a lot. That seemed very short. Rewind. They ar very light and airy. Adam is crying. he says Melissa is proof you get better with age. Ade has quiet power. Adam tears up again. Mary screams and screams. Very believable. Flowing amazingly. Quality of the movement. Adam says a testament to ballet training. Ade is a gentle giant. Nigel thinks that everyone is proving what a good top 20 they have. Thought the pas de deux style didn't show what Ade can do.

Kayla and Max get the Samba: Kayla is from Colorado and lives with her grandparents because her mom is a single mom and this helps pay fr her dancing. Max is from Russia. His mom came here at age 13. His mom brought him and his brothers to the U.S. one by one. Younger brother killed in a car accident 5 years ago. Louis Van Amsdal from DWTS. He's known Max since max was 14. Ok. Max has great Samba hips. I love this already. Ballroom guys have the best bodies. So long and lean. Adam loves it. He's crazy about Kayla. Says Max showed her off. I actually was looking at Max the whole time. is Adam really gay? Hard to believe. Mary noisily puts them on the hot tamale train. She says she's losing her voice. Nigel say's "thank god for that!" Nigel praises Kayla. Wants Max to be sharper. Thinks he's not as sharp as Sasha or Dimitry (aka partner killer).

Everybody was really good. Oh yeah. Except for Jonathan. Some of the routines weren't as strong as others. That might be the difference.

Cat Dealey is gorgeous.

star
06-11-2009, 03:11 AM
OMFG I AM GOING TO DIE THEY JUST MENTIONED A WADE ROBSON NUMBER

AND WADE ROBSON IS THE LOVE OF MY DANCE LIFE I WANT TO MARRY HIM AND DO HIS CHOREOGRAPHY FOREVER.

omg i can't wait for this. :rolls:

So what did you think of the crash test dummies?

Also what are you going to do with his wife?????

I do think Wade is very handsome -- appealing. But, not so crazy about the dance.

savesthedizzle
06-11-2009, 03:35 AM
So what did you think of the crash test dummies?

Also what are you going to do with his wife?????

I do think Wade is very handsome -- appealing. But, not so crazy about the dance.

Dude I thought that was in-cred-ible :inlove: they danced it so well too, I was :inlove: :inlove:

But I :worship: :worship: his choreography.

I have been a Wade lover since like.. his dating Britney Spears and choreographing her days :inlove: Oh man. :inlove: One of my friends took a workshop with him and I was so jealous. Oh wtf, I still am. She took one with Darrin Henson also. Do you know him? He's very good, but he's no Wade to me :rolls: Like Nigel said, Wade is actually a genius, a legend, he's just :worship: omg Wade. (This is what I have been dong all night :rolls: )

My favorite dances were:

1. Kopono & Ashley
2. Kayla & Max
3. Melissa & Ade
4. Randi & Evan
5. Jeannene & Phillip
6. Caitlin & Jason
7. Jeanette & Brandon
8. Karla & Jason
9. Paris & Tony
10. Vitolio & Asuka

Kopono and Ashley were like :eek: :speakles: :worship: to me. Kopono, the motions he was doing with his body were sick. They both honestly looked and felt like crash test dummies to me. The entire concept worked and was remotely believable because they were good enough to pull it off. And Ashley was really incredible, I couldn't stop watching but I wanted to because I wanted to see Kopono so badly. I've always liked Kopono, so :D

savesthedizzle
06-11-2009, 03:47 AM
btw I cannot find that Rolling Stone out ANYWHERE

but here is one of my favorite Wade MASTERPIECES

0onr4wJmaBI

Lee
06-11-2009, 05:19 AM
My favorite dances were:

1. Kopono & Ashley
2. Kayla & Max
3. Melissa & Ade
4. Randi & Evan
5. Jeannene & Phillip
6. Caitlin & Jason
7. Jeanette & Brandon
8. Karla & Jason
9. Paris & Tony
10. Vitolio & Asuka

Not really able to follow all the dances but the top 3 are the most memorable to me. I need to rearrange them though.

1. Melissa & Ade
2. Kopono & Ashley
3. Kayla & Max

star
06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I also liked Evan and Randi. I didn't expect I would.

star
06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I was happy with the dismissals. I didn't think Tony should have made it to the top twenty -- clearly more hope that he would improve and his personality would shine. I would have picked the other girl to go -- but if you factor in their desire to have a ballroom dancer in there, it's fair enough. I just don't know what she's going to do if she has to dance for her life again. She needs to come up with a better routine.

I do think the dancers over all are better this year than last. Last year there were several that I was just begging to have cut for the longest time. But, this year, there are some who are noticeably weaker, but they are still good.

Of course so much of my opinion is based on how cute the guys are. :lol:

*Raine
06-16-2009, 07:13 AM
http://www.kris-pics.net/d/40782-1/06072400.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kris-pics.net%2Fd%2F40782-1%2F06072400.jpg&h=fc17113834e09db4b0b4521268ee197b)

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww24/Kristin_Destroyer/rs18.gif

Lee
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Good Kris, no ironed shirt or jeans :lol:

Noleta
06-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Good Kris, no ironed shirt or jeans :lol:

He's definitely single:lol:

Lee
06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
He's definitely single:lol:

No he has a wife. They married last September. But I never iron my hubby's jeans :lol: And seldomly iron his shirts :p

savesthedizzle
06-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I never iron even my own jeans lol.

Peta Pan
06-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Mum and me never iron ANYTHING! :lol:

We do own an iron I think :scratch: But we hang stuff up after washing it and the wrinkles usually fall out :p

We are a lazy household

Lee
06-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Dryer works better in getting rid of wrinkles as long as you remove the clothes immediately :lol:

star
06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm not so fond of the wrinkled look.

I just finished ironing the linen slack I put on. Soon they will have more wrinkles, but I don't like the the just out of the dryer look. I'll iron anything that looks wrinkled.

Ironing is a lost art. :sad:

Lee
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
My mom is excellent in ironing clothes.

One reason that I avoid linen slacks as much as possible (though I still own some :o) because they have to be ironed. Otherwise, they won't look good and then they wrinkled in 5 minutes (at least for me) :p

edit: I don't put linen clothings into dryer. They are always hang dried and then ironed. :tape:

*Raine
06-17-2009, 06:13 PM
From twitter:
(http://twitter.com/michaelsarver1)michaelsarver1 (http://twitter.com/michaelsarver1)Guys I just heard from Adams mouth he is @therealglambert (http://twitter.com/therealglambert). Nomatter what proof someone else has they are fake.

Adam's link: http://twitter.com/therealglambert

Lee
06-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Where's star with her summary of SYTYCD? :lol:

I am a bit disappointed with tonight's performance and I differ a bit from the judgles. :p And :haha: lil c made a fool himself.

*Raine
06-18-2009, 06:38 AM
I only saw one performance this year, it was Jai Ho. :scratch: Meh, it wasn't really special.

savesthedizzle
08-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Anyone still watching?

I've always loved Evan, so I'm cheering for him, but I love Brandon too. I really love how he's changed all the judges minds (like Mia) and his solo last week was IN-CRED-IBLE :worship: So really whoever wins I'll be happy :D Then girl-wise I do prefer Jeanine, but I recognize that Kayla is awesome... she just leaves me feeling cold. I don't know. She doesn't excite me or get me to care so much. I wanted Melissa to make it. Love her.

So yeah! Finale next week. :rocker2:

star
08-02-2009, 12:15 AM
This year has been kind of flat for me. Evan -- cute little sprite, but he doesn't excite me. I think Brandon is the best dancer and his solo was FABULOUS. I agree about Kayla being great, but no personality. I actively dislike Jeanine. But, really, I can't be bothered to pick up the phone for any of them.

savesthedizzle
08-02-2009, 12:25 AM
I don't believe in calling for reality shows because I don't think it matters :rolls: but if I did believe in calling, I might have called for Evan a few times. In general I tend to always prefer male dancers to female :shrug: I don't know why.

Lee
08-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Evan is soooooo cute but he's not the best dancer out there. Still, I always cheer for him. I like Melissa but again, I think Kayla is a better dancer. Brandon is getting better and better with the competition.

My pick is Brandon and Kayla.

PennyThePenguin
08-05-2009, 05:23 AM
:awww: paula don't go. :sad: who will I laugh at now :

star
08-05-2009, 06:13 PM
:awww: paula don't go. :sad: who will I laugh at now :

Paula! :bigcry: :bigcry:

Kara -- where's the vomit smiley?

Why, why, why did they have to ruin this show?

Nigel, I blame you. :(

Lee
08-06-2009, 03:45 AM
I want to pick up my phone and vote for Evan :p

Paula left AI :eek: :eek:

savesthedizzle
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm so pleased with the SYTYCD winner :D I'm completely pleased with the order and everything also :inlove: The top four totally finished in the correct order :D Although last night made me miss my beloved Kopono when I saw the Addict dance again :hearts:

star
08-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I liked Kopono.

Jeanine bugged me. Not sure why. But really, I wasn't crazy about any of the contestants this season.

star
08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
So, Paula is in talks with Nigel to go on SYTYCD. I wish she would replace Mary. Honestly, her screeching and cackling nearly ruin the show for me. She has some very good things to say about ballroom dancing, but that can't outweigh the negatives for me. Paula might be incoherent, but at least she can be enthusiastic without shrieking.

And I prefer her fake tan to Mary's fake tan. :)

And seriously? Victoria Beckham sitting in for Paula at the Denver auditions? nsg. I love Simon, but one Brit is enough.

savesthedizzle
08-10-2009, 03:10 AM
Paula on SYTYCD would be welcome. Mary hurts my ears. lol.

Lee
08-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Replacing Mary with Paula will be nice. My son hates Mary because of the screams. :tape:

*Raine
08-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Mary? That judge from SYTYCD with an annoying voice? :o :o I guess I'll just use the mute button everytime she speaks.

Anyone going to the AI Tour? :p

Lee
09-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Anyone watched the audition in Phoenix for SYTYCD last night?

savesthedizzle
09-17-2009, 06:36 PM
I did :D

Lee
09-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Poor Nigel :rolls:

star
09-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I watched. Mary's hair looks better straight.

What do you all think of Ellen replacing Paula on AI?

PennyThePenguin
09-18-2009, 02:13 AM
I watched. Mary's hair looks better straight.

What do you all think of Ellen replacing Paula on AI?

ferreal????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fee
10-30-2009, 07:23 PM
ADAM!

1. I love Adam's album cover (I got what he was doing right away)
2. I love Adam's single For your entertainment (even if it is kind of generic)

That's all. :)

Lee
10-30-2009, 07:24 PM
The reason behind your new flag, Fee? :scratch:

ellen_
10-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey! It's about SYTYCD here! :bounce: We have our own Belgium-Holland edition, and I totally love it. I'll probably not be able to follow the stories about your editions but I could not resist sharing this with you.

pI4ct53NX9s

And I am totally happy with the American judge we got btw :hearts:

Fee
10-30-2009, 07:46 PM
The reason behind your new flag, Fee? :scratch:

I'm part Irish (and English) so I switch them around from time to time just for a bit of variety I suppose. :)

PennyThePenguin
10-31-2009, 04:06 PM
FEE!!! Are you in SoCal already?

savesthedizzle
01-12-2010, 04:03 PM
IDOL STARTS AGAIN TONIGHT :) yayyy

Lee
01-12-2010, 05:22 PM
And no Simon next year! :eek:

star
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey! It's about SYTYCD here! :bounce: We have our own Belgium-Holland edition, and I totally love it. I'll probably not be able to follow the stories about your editions but I could not resist sharing this with you.

pI4ct53NX9s

And I am totally happy with the American judge we got btw :hearts:

Who is the American judge? (and why? :lol: )

AI AI AI :banana: :banana:

savesthedizzle
01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I know these early episodes are more about the crappy people and like we didn't even see Kris Allen at all until like.. AFTER Hollywood week... but we saw Adam early ;) So maybe tonight's episode will have someone for me to love all season long :D

PennyThePenguin
01-13-2010, 01:47 AM
1h 13min more to go :( it starts at 8pm right?

savesthedizzle
01-27-2010, 06:22 PM
This season is very... blah :p Is anyone watching? I haven't seen any contestant I love yet. :shrug: Maybe they'll grow on me, or maybe I'm glad that the show is slowly imploding and I'm just waiting for US X-Factor to start? :lol:

Katy Perry was a good guest judge I thought. I love when she said to Kara, "This isn't a Lifetime movie" :rolls: anyway does anyone have any faves yet?

I need to start getting back in my swing of VFTW and MJs. :)

Lee
01-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Will start watching next week. Last 2 weeks were all tennis for me :p And before, sooooo boring :p

savesthedizzle
01-27-2010, 09:12 PM
The tennis hasn't been enthralling me either. I am not a big fan of this year's AO :mad: :sad:

Lee
01-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I like the women's matches much better this year :tape: And I watched some doubles and singles matches not on big show court.

Peta Pan
01-27-2010, 11:57 PM
I watched it one night when I got back from the tennis. It was on in my accommodation so I stayed up til 1am watching and then was REALLY tired for the tennis the next day! I have no idea what day it was on though so I'll have to look it up. I know they are showing it here again only hours later than in the US just like last year :yeah:

fangirl
01-28-2010, 12:14 AM
I haven't watched Idol in any capacity in ages. I ended up getting bored with it, maybe because the last two seasons in Australia were pretty mediocre.

Peta Pan
01-28-2010, 12:42 AM
They were... and it now looks like it's been cancelled for this year.

However American Idol last year was brilliant and Adam's album I cannot stop listening too. I LOVE it. SO I still want to watch the new series (although I feel it may be hard to live up to last year)

Lee
01-28-2010, 03:05 AM
It's delayed here because of the State of the Union Address. (real boring :tape:) Then I was watching Li Na vs Serena :tape: and I tried to switch between two :o Dr. Doogie Howser!!!! :inlove: :lol:

fangirl
01-28-2010, 06:04 AM
They were... and it now looks like it's been cancelled for this year.

However American Idol last year was brilliant and Adam's album I cannot stop listening too. I LOVE it. SO I still want to watch the new series (although I feel it may be hard to live up to last year)

In all honesty, the only surprise here is that it wasn't cancelled before that. The last time I watched it was when Ben McKenzie was in it, so 2007 or something. Couldn't even tell you a single name for the last two.

Is Adam the one who is too gay to function? Or is that Kris?

Peta Pan
01-28-2010, 06:06 AM
In all honesty, the only surprise here is that it wasn't cancelled before that. The last time I watched it was when Ben McKenzie was in it, so 2007 or something. Couldn't even tell you a single name for the last two.

Is Adam the one who is too gay to function? Or is that Kris?

I don't even remember Ben... I've watched the last 2 series of Aus Idol because it's been on... not really suprised it's about it being cancelled though.

Adam is the gay one. Awesome voice, awesome style of music. Just love it. Kris was boring.

savesthedizzle
01-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Kris still is boring :)

I love Adam's album too :hearts:

So far no one is standing out to me in these early auditions at ALL. I hope people step it up. I have a feeling this is going to be a year when I don't really like the artist who wins... like when Taylor Hicks or Fantasia won.

But :shrug:

NPH was a good guest judge yesterday, Joe Jonas sucked. :rolls: I like when the guest judges like... act more like a real judge than just a pretty face to go along with whatever the regular judges say. Katy Perry and NPH did more of that and weren't afraid to disagree with Kara or Simon :yeah:

PennyThePenguin
01-28-2010, 05:47 PM
NPH was cool! I missed the Katy Perry eppy. Ah well. No one really interesting yet though. But I know John Park's cousin :p

Lee
01-28-2010, 10:28 PM
I gave up watching when Joe Jonas showed up :lol:

I like that girl with the whip :rolls:

savesthedizzle
01-29-2010, 01:26 AM
The girl with the whip made me :rolls: but her voice was only so-so IMO :p I was actually surprised they let her through :rolls:

Peta Pan
01-29-2010, 06:31 AM
I think it was shown here Wednesday night and I missed it. I see there is a double ep replay on tomorrow so I will watch them - it says ep 1 has Katy Perry and ep 2 has NPH and Joe Jonas so I'll be up to date :)

I do prefer it post auditions though

PennyThePenguin
01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
The girl with the whip made me :rolls: but her voice was only so-so IMO :p I was actually surprised they let her through :rolls:

maybe the whip convinced them ;) I think I might have watched her when she was on barney :[

Peta Pan
01-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Just seen the whip girl now.... I think her voice was better when she was singing the Barney song than when she sang her actual audition :help:

PennyThePenguin
01-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Just seen the whip girl now.... I think her voice was better when she was singing the Barney song than when she sang her actual audition :help:

I agree with you :D

star
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Ok! Hollywood week is next week. This is where the real season begins. Too many sob stories this year. I feel bad for all the seemingly really deserving people who aren't going to make it, but I'm with Katy Perry on this one. Talent is the key. We didn't know much about Allison or Kris or Adam last year, but they were still the ones we liked. I mean I feel horrible for the girly who had to go to bed hungry when she was a kid, and I feel awful for that poor country bumpkin who is trapped and buys her dress at the dollar store, but I'm kinda worried about them in Hollywood.

And a PR aside. I flove Amy. :hearts: She's adorable and makes adorable dresses. Maybe Mila is more "talented" as a designer though. I was really disappointed in Tim Gunn when he said he was chagrined that the final three last year were 3 women in their twenties. I wonder if he would have felt the same way if three darling young men in their twenties had been the finalists. Anyway, this year is better. I think the designers are more talented. Last year Tim Gunn was not part of the audition process.

-Evita-
03-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I liked Crystal the best before live shows started but now Siobhan's my favorite. She's just so... awesome :hearts:

star
03-14-2010, 07:38 AM
I liked Crystal the best before live shows started but now Siobhan's my favorite. She's just so... awesome :hearts:

:yeah:

Jess needs to update the title to give it some Siobhan flair. :)

Peta Pan
03-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Yep, LOVE Siobhan... but half my favourites got voted out in the top 24 part so I'm left with very little to cheer for now :( Some of these that are left had better start doing something amazing.

I guess whatever I saw was never going to live up to Adam for me because he was just too amazing :hearts:

Lee
03-14-2010, 07:47 AM
This year is a bit boring, IMO.

star
03-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Yep, LOVE Siobhan... but half my favourites got voted out in the top 24 part so I'm left with very little to cheer for now :( Some of these that are left had better start doing something amazing.

I guess whatever I saw was never going to live up to Adam for me because he was just too amazing :hearts:

Yes, I agree -- and then when you add in Allison and Kris along with someone to truly revile (Gokey) last season was AWESOME.

Plus there was no Ellen and we still had Paula. :sad:

*Raine
03-30-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm not into this season as I was during Adam Lambert and David Cook's time. And what is up with Ellen? She loves everyone,it's like she's just there to say "I love you" to every contestant. I'd even prefer Paula's comments without the "climb every mountain, rainbows and unicorn" stuff.

Adam! :hearts: I miss the level of his performances and also of David Cook's, it's just not the same anymore. :sobbing:

Lee
03-30-2010, 04:01 PM
This year pretty much sucks, IMHO :p

*Raine
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
This year pretty much sucks, IMHO :p

I agree but I want to give it a chance (or just so I can still laugh at the contestants :lol::smash:). The contestants are like auditioning for HS Musical or something.

Lee
03-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Some of them hurt my ear so I stopped watching and I am usually busy :shrug:

*Raine
03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Some of them hurt my ear so I stopped watching and I am usually busy :shrug:

Especially that Siobhan Magnus :o is she trying to imitate Adam in a bad way?

*Raine
03-31-2010, 04:48 AM
Lee Dewyze ( the only contestant I'm rooting for) - That was awesome! :clap2: :inlove:He arranged the song to make it sound modern, something that suits his style of music.

From this to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwowI1Psy4
this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdZGcVNX34

:D

savesthedizzle
04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Okay hello all, what do we want the title to be :)

Our beloved Adam is back to mentor this week :hearts: :hearts:

*Raine
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Okay hello all, what do we want the title to be :)

Our beloved Adam is back to mentor this week :hearts: :hearts:

:worship: :worship: Finally! It only took Adam :hearts: to mentor for you to come back here. :D

What's the theme for tonight? :confused:

DualMedia
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
You guys watch american idol!!!

savesthedizzle
04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
:worship: :worship: Finally! It only took Adam :hearts: to mentor for you to come back here. :D

What's the theme for tonight? :confused:

Elvis :scared: :rolls: :rolls:

The :rolls: is for Adam mentoring Elvis week.. it's a little strange :lol:

savesthedizzle
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Where are you people? :lol: I come back and the place is still dead?

More importantly.. Adam came back, and the place is still dead? :p

My thoughts on this week:

Tim Urban was good this week :lol: And here is something annoying that happened to me. I actually for the first time this season, wanted to buy a song on iTunes from a performer. So I preorder Tim Urban's Can't Help Falling in Love with You. I get an email telling me my preorder is ready, click this link... and I get.. Michael Lynche's In the Ghetto. WTF. I emailed iTunes telling them about their error, so hopefully I'll get the song I wanted soon. I mean Big Mike's In the Ghetto was nice and all, good vocals, but its not my style :lol:

That said, Andrew Garcia deserved to go, finally, but I was sad to see Katie go, I thought she had the potential to go a little further still.

Siobhan needs to step it up. She started out so strong but has been seriously boring and not good the last few weeks. She'll go next if she's not careful. I would guess that she was actually in the bottom three this week.

*Raine
04-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry Jess, tennis and football are occupying my mind right now. :p I shall my post my thoughts for this week when I'm not thinking of anything.

:worship: to Adam being a mentor, Andrew Garcia finally leaving and for Mike being safe!

Where is Peta and Lee? :(

savesthedizzle
04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Peta? Lee? Is anyone watching? :sad: star?

l_mac
04-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Peta? Lee? Is anyone watching? :sad: star?

I'm watching, but they're all so rubbish :sad: Plus because I am in the UK we get it a day behind.

I did LOLLOLLOL at Adam's performace on the results show. That song is hideous :lol:

Peta Pan
04-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm here, I'm here!

I have been sick with flu and sleeping early so I didn't get time to watch the performances AND results all today.

Was SOOO happy to see Adam back :hearts: (and Linda I like that song :( ) It's definitely not his best on the album (I'm really in love with Music Again - great opening to the album :dance: Oh this isn't an Adam Lambert thread anymore is it, sorry :p

This week I really liked Tim too... first time I've really liked anything by him, but he was great! I also liked Siobhan this week too though. Maybe it's cos I'm sick I heard it different to everyone else :o Oh and I was sad Katie left too. I liked her

Lee
04-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I watched a little bit this week. Much better than the earlier rounds but still nobody stands out and screams "I WILL WIN". :shrug: Not sure if it's good or bad.

Peta hasn't watched the result show? She missed her favourite Aussie AI contestant performed? :eek:

savesthedizzle
04-17-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm watching, but they're all so rubbish :sad: Plus because I am in the UK we get it a day behind.

I did LOLLOLLOL at Adam's performace on the results show. That song is hideous :lol:

Lindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D :D They really are all rubbish. :sad:

And Ryan Seacrest has totally lost his mind.

I'm here, I'm here!

I have been sick with flu and sleeping early so I didn't get time to watch the performances AND results all today.

Was SOOO happy to see Adam back :hearts: (and Linda I like that song :( ) It's definitely not his best on the album (I'm really in love with Music Again - great opening to the album :dance: Oh this isn't an Adam Lambert thread anymore is it, sorry :p

This week I really liked Tim too... first time I've really liked anything by him, but he was great! I also liked Siobhan this week too though. Maybe it's cos I'm sick I heard it different to everyone else :o Oh and I was sad Katie left too. I liked her

I like Fever :p :lol: Music Again is good too though :)

Feel better Peta :hug:
I watched a little bit this week. Much better than the earlier rounds but still nobody stands out and screams "I WILL WIN". :shrug: Not sure if it's good or bad.

Peta hasn't watched the result show? She missed her favourite Aussie AI contestant performed? :eek:

Yeah, it's slowly getting better.

I'm pretty sure Aaron Kelly will win :rolls: I have a feeling.

If our darling miss Z ever comes and visit, she's an Aaron Kelly fan :lol:

Peta Pan
04-17-2010, 02:04 AM

What I MEANT to type was that I hadn't been able to watch the performance AND results show UNTIL today... but I still don't get what you mean about favourite Aussie AI contestant performing? Today?

Peta Pan
04-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Lindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D :D They really are all rubbish. :sad:

And Ryan Seacrest has totally lost his mind.

I like Fever :p :lol: Music Again is good too though :)

Feel better Peta :hug:

Yeah, it's slowly getting better.

I'm pretty sure Aaron Kelly will win :rolls: I have a feeling.

If our darling miss Z ever comes and visit, she's an Aaron Kelly fan :lol:

Really?? He's the one I always forget about, he's just... there (sorry Z if you come past :p ).

Like Lee, no one really screams WINNER to me.

savesthedizzle
04-17-2010, 02:20 AM
Really?? He's the one I always forget about, he's just... there (sorry Z if you come past :p ).

Like Lee, no one really screams WINNER to me.

I have a strange feeling about him! :lol: Like, he has the young girl vote, like Archuleta.. but unlike Archuleta, he... is different. There is no male equivalent to Taylor Swift in country music.. and that seems to be what he wants to do.. so... I don't know! :lol:

I don't particularly like him :p

I like Lee the best :unsure: and I like Tim when he does well. I don't think he's ever been as AWFUL as the judges made him seem.. but I like that kind of mellow dude with a guitar kind of music :p So :shrug: He's this season's Jason Castro.

Peta Pan
04-17-2010, 02:36 AM
I have a strange feeling about him! :lol: Like, he has the young girl vote, like Archuleta.. but unlike Archuleta, he... is different. There is no male equivalent to Taylor Swift in country music.. and that seems to be what he wants to do.. so... I don't know! :lol:

I don't particularly like him :p

I like Lee the best :unsure: and I like Tim when he does well. I don't think he's ever been as AWFUL as the judges made him seem.. but I like that kind of mellow dude with a guitar kind of music :p So :shrug: He's this season's Jason Castro.
I think Lee can sing well and I like him on the show.. but I know that I'd never buy anything by him on CD after the show, because I don't really like the 'mellow dude with a guitar' type of music :p I also don't like the style of Mike, but I know he can sing well too.

I guess the only style that really appeals to me that's left is Tim and sometimes Siobhan, but their performances have been very hit and miss..

(oh and Tim kind of has the young girl vote too so I'm not sure out of Tim and Aaron who would be the Archuleta)

Lee
04-17-2010, 03:24 AM
What I MEANT to type was that I hadn't been able to watch the performance AND results show UNTIL today... but I still don't get what you mean about favourite Aussie AI contestant performing? Today?

Michael Johns sang with Brooke White in the results show.

savesthedizzle
04-17-2010, 03:31 AM

:scratch: No he didn't? :scratch: :lol: She sang with Justing Gaston: http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978173655&grpId=3659174697244816

Lee
04-17-2010, 03:40 AM
:scratch: No he didn't? :scratch: :lol: She sang with Justing Gaston: http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978173655&grpId=3659174697244816

:scratch: Why I got the feeling that's Michael Johns? :p Have to admit I paid about 5% on the show at that time :o

Peta Pan
04-17-2010, 03:42 AM

Yeah, I had no idea who that guy was so I just fast forwarded through it cos I wasn't a Brooke fan...

I actually haven't heard anything of Michael Johns much since Idol finished either.. I was much happier to see Adam there this week :dance: (although I also question why they put him there for Elvis week :lol: )

savesthedizzle
04-17-2010, 04:05 AM
Apparently (I read somewhere) that the producers of Idol wanted to get Adam on the show as a mentor because his career is sucking so badly. :lol: I must say this latest song is having some success on the radio.. but :shrug:

Lee
04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Finally I have one that I enjoyed. Last night performances are pretty good for most of them. I like Lee (of course) and Aaron.

*Raine
04-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Crystal, Lee and Mike's were ok for me, I don't really pay much attention to the show since last week. I'm so sick of Aaron, Tim and Siobhan. :spit::lol:

DualMedia
04-22-2010, 12:23 AM
me, too

savesthedizzle
05-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Has anyone heard Anoop Desai's album?

I absolutely LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. He sounds great, it has great songs. I listen to it just on repeat, there's not a single song that I skip. It's a shame he's not with a major label... or maybe it's not... because it he was maybe this album wouldn't be so awesome :p

I always enjoyed Anoop last season so :worship: I hope he sees some success with all this. This album as a whole is one of the best Idol releases. He deserves some recognition for this. :sad:

This is him singing an acoustic version of his first single "My Name", which I like, but I also like the real version also... so I'll provide you both. :p

_KtZtDGRo-8

rrbVB8FIHyw

:hearts:

savesthedizzle
03-02-2011, 01:56 AM
BUMP.
I should say, I still love Anoop Desai's album with a passion and I am putting one of his songs on my phone as a ringtone :p

THAT SAID..

Anyone watching this season? :) I honestly don't miss Simon too much really and I like a few of the contestants so far. I personally am cheering for Robbie because he is the SPITTING IMAGE of my friend Ben from high school. They could be twins. It's an uncanny resemblance. I also like Paul MacDonald? McDonald? Is his name even Paul? :awww: the kinda quirky sounding one. His voice is different, and I like Casey.

I found pretty much the first 4-5 contestants to be either horrible or boring tonight and I expect those to be the ones to go home. Seriously the dude who did Usher, that was terrible.

Lee
03-02-2011, 02:23 AM
I totally forgot AI and just watching now with Casey Abrams. He is pretty good.

savesthedizzle
03-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Girls: I liked the last 3 :lol: Girl singing Rihanna was the worst thing I've heard in a long time.

Lee
03-03-2011, 02:45 AM
Girls: I liked the last 3 :lol: Girl singing Rihanna was the worst thing I've heard in a long time.

Same here! I like Thia but I think she's too young and down the road, the competition will be too tough for her. Pia and Lauren Alaina will very likely be there at the late stage.

Lee
03-03-2011, 02:48 AM
I missed most of the guys from yesterday. Are the girls better this year?

savesthedizzle
03-03-2011, 02:55 PM
I missed most of the guys from yesterday. Are the girls better this year?

I think it's kind of even actually, when going through trying to make my predictions I had equal amount of difficulty filling the last few spots :p

My predictions for the top 10 are:

Boys: Jacob Lusk, Casey Abrams, James Durbin, Scotty McCreery, and (I hope) Robbie Rosen or Paul McDonald. Maybe Stefano who I also like.

Girls: Pia Toscano, Lauren Alaina, Thia Megia, Julie Zorilla, Haley Reinhart :shrug: maybe Karen Rodriguez. Though I hated Karen Rodriguez's half Spanish version of Hero. I wish the whole thing would have been in Spanish rather than randomly switching between the languages. :p

Julie probably only on the strength of previous performances and the amount she's been hyped up. Last night didn't really deserve it.