The "IS ANYONE WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL THIS SEASON OR WHAT?" thread [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

The "IS ANYONE WATCHING AMERICAN IDOL THIS SEASON OR WHAT?" thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

*Raine
05-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Mary.. that dream :worship:

I wish Adam would appear in mine at least once. :angel::p

Lee
05-07-2009, 04:59 AM
I missed the party :p

Kris can't believe he's safe :lol:

Lee
05-07-2009, 05:00 AM
And AI is getting really really boring for me :shrug:

Peta Pan
05-07-2009, 06:24 AM
This thread is awesome!!!

I didn't think anyone but me didn't like Danny! :D

Adam, Allison and Kris have been my favourites since the start but everyone goes crazy for Danny and he just annoys the crap out of me :help:

I want a DVD of all of Adam's performances this year :hearts:

Fee
05-07-2009, 06:31 AM
I agree with you Peta, I like Adam, Kris and Allison and wish Danny would have gone the heck home. I still have my doubts they will let Adam win, we'll just have to see what happens.

Stephie Cesc
05-07-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm so glad that Kris is staying! :bounce::bounce:

star
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM

Adam, Allison and Kris have been my favourites since the start but everyone goes crazy for Danny and he just annoys the crap out of me :help:

:lol:

That's so funny because I always wonder who the he'll is voting for that guy because even in my small out-of-the-way town the people who are watching are all about Adam.

savesthedizzle
05-07-2009, 12:34 PM

PETA! :D :D :worship:

I've been buying them all on iTunes :hearts: which reminds me...

.... time to go buy this weeks :hearts: :hearts:

savesthedizzle
05-07-2009, 12:34 PM
OMG you can download the duets too :D :hearts: *only buying the good duet, obv.*

savesthedizzle
05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
I am going to be late for work if I listen to these :rolls: *is worth it*

Peta Pan
05-07-2009, 01:19 PM
PETA! :D :D :worship:

I've been buying them all on iTunes :hearts: which reminds me...

.... time to go buy this weeks :hearts: :hearts:

OMG you can download the duets too :D :hearts: *only buying the good duet, obv.*

Lee told me about the Adam fangirl thread so I HAD to come investigate :p ... you guys have all the interesting off topic threads in Noleland :lol:

I believe that the iTunes copies of the songs are not available in Australia :sad:

He was so fantastic last night :hearts: When I heard he was doing Whole Lotta Love I kinda jumped in the air coz I could imagine him being amazing with it, then I was absolutely mesmerized by it. He was just AWESOME!

....and that duet with Allison :inlove: :worship:

star
05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Lee told me about the Adam fangirl thread so I HAD to come investigate :p ... you guys have all the interesting off topic threads in Noleland :lol:

We're so happy to have another Adam fangirl. :hug: :hug:

I believe that the iTunes copies of the songs are not available in Australia :sad:

:mad: :mad: Down Under discrimination? Yet another crime against humanity. :sad:

He was so fantastic last night :hearts: When I heard he was doing Whole Lotta Love I kinda jumped in the air coz I could imagine him being amazing with it, then I was absolutely mesmerized by it. He was just AWESOME!

Plus EVEN MORE makeup than usual. :lol:

....and that duet with Allison :inlove: :worship:

That was SO cute -- and the way she ran and jumped in his arms. :hearts:

It's just so sad that she's gone so we can't watch her and Adam and Kris be cute together anymore.

Lee
05-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Peta, I am glad you find your way here :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Lee told me about the Adam fangirl thread so I HAD to come investigate ... you guys have all the interesting off topic threads in Noleland

We try :D The Roddick forum has had an Idol thread for years but they are not Adam fans, which is why we have become a safe haven for lovers of the most talented person to ever even be on American Idol (in my opinon ;) )

Adam :worship:

What other good off topic ones do we have? Narnia is in Pants now :rolls:

I believe that the iTunes copies of the songs are not available in Australia

That is awful! How dare they deprive you of this! The Adam studio versions of the songs are just :inlove: and then the performance videos :hearts:

....and that duet with Allison :inlove worship:

Yesssss :D I loved their duet. They are so adorable. At least there is still Kris-Adam adorableness. But the three of them were so cute because they actually all were in the same group of the top 36 ;) So they've been together a long time :awww: this is where Kris-Adam's bro-mance started since they have been roommates SINCE THEN.I love their BFF-ness and how they both so clearly dislike Gokey :rolls:

I wonder if Gokey had any friends :awww: another reason AI should have let Jamar through. Although to be honest, why is Jamar friends with Gokey IRL? Jamar is waaaaay too cool :rolls:

We're so happy to have another Adam fangirl.

Yes! The more the merrier! :D

Plus EVEN MORE makeup than usual. :lol:

Yessssss. This week I was like "YAY THE EYELINER IS BACK IN FULL FORCE".

I am just waiting for him to go all:

http://www.votefortheworst.com/files/u3/adamlambert1_0.jpg

or even :hearts:

http://www.votefortheworst.com/files/u3/adamlambert2.jpg

Peta, I am glad you find your way here :lol:

Yes me too :D

savesthedizzle
05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Or, I'd also love for him to come on stage like this:

http://www.adamlambert.org/wp-content/gallery/random-2/adam-lambert1.jpg

Lee
05-07-2009, 10:52 PM
OH MY ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

tennis lover
05-07-2009, 11:39 PM
So who are you loving?
Kris is my favourite. I really like his voice (even though it might not be the strongest, it just has a nice sound to it! :lol: ) and he seems to be a really nice, genuine guy. I also like that he plays instruments. :D

Actually, the first week I really watched was Motown week and I LOVED Tracks of my Tears so Adam was probably my favourite to start with. I think he has an amazing voice. :dance: I just don't like it so much when he goes really over the top. :shrug: although that might be more to do with not being a massive fan of some of the songs (like play that funky music), I don't know. I do like how he is creative and original though. He should definitely be in the final. As for Danny, I think he has a nice voice but that's about it, I find him quite samey and a little bit boring. I think he was horrific this week, that last note/scream/whatever it was will haunt me for years to come! :o

sorry, that was a really long answer to a seemingly simple question! :o
At least there is still Kris-Adam adorableness. But the three of them were so cute because they actually all were in the same group of the top 36 ;) So they've been together a long time :awww: this is where Kris-Adam's bro-mance started since they have been roommates SINCE THEN.I love their BFF-ness and how they both so clearly dislike Gokey :rolls:
since this week was the first week I've actually seen the results show and I started watching it half way through I have missed out on all the bromance stuff. :awww: it seems cute though. :D why do you think they dislike Gokey? :scratch:

savesthedizzle
05-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Kris is my favourite. I really like his voice (even though it might not be the strongest, it just has a nice sound to it! :lol: ) and he seems to be a really nice, genuine guy. I also like that he plays instruments. :D

Actually, the first week I really watched was Motown week and I LOVED Tracks of my Tears so Adam was probably my favourite to start with. I think he has an amazing voice. :dance: I just don't like it so much when he goes really over the top. :shrug: although that might be more to do with not being a massive fan of some of the songs (like play that funky music), I don't know. I do like how he is creative and original though. He should definitely be in the final. As for Danny, I think he has a nice voice but that's about it, I find him quite samey and a little bit boring. I think he was horrific this week, that last note/scream/whatever it was will haunt me for years to come! :o

since this week was the first week I've actually seen the results show and I started watching it half way through I have missed out on all the bromance stuff. :awww: it seems cute though. :D why do you think they dislike Gokey? :scratch:

Well there was one video I watched where Adam is talking to some fangirl and Gokey says something stupid and Adam like... glares at him. And then just the atmosphere around them. Like when Kris was safe and he hugs Adam and Allison and makes no motion to rejoice with Danny. Even after their duet, I mean, it just didn't feel like they enjoyed working together. :shrug:

Let me try to find this Gokey vid :D

star
05-07-2009, 11:51 PM

I agree that Kris has a very pleasant voice. There just doesn't seem to be a place for non-screamers on AI. Plus, Kris is very handsome. He has a face and a mouth that you could watch forever. I don't even care what he says, I just like to watch his mouth move. :)

Just the kind of answer I like. :yeah:

I dunno -- maybe I'm projecting, but it seems that they are always hugging and talking and Gokey is the outsider. Like the way Kris gave Adam and Allison a big hug when he was safe, but Gokey got no hug. I don't think they hate him or anything, but he doesn't seem to be part of their little love fest with one another.

savesthedizzle
05-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes! Kris's mouth!!! :hearts: I thought I was nuts :rolls:

savesthedizzle
05-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Bah, can't find the video now, but it was on VFTW aaaaaaaages ago :mad:

tennis lover
05-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Well there was one video I watched where Adam is talking to some fangirl and Gokey says something stupid and Adam like... glares at him. And then just the atmosphere around them. Like when Kris was safe and he hugs Adam and Allison and makes no motion to rejoice with Danny. Even after their duet, I mean, it just didn't feel like they enjoyed working together. :shrug:

Let me try to find this Gokey vid :D
I actually meant what do you think the reason for it is (rather than what makes you think that! ;) ). so there hasn't been a particular incident or anything that I've missed, just a clash of personalities maybe? my livestream froze during the hug last night so I didn't see Kris blank Danny but he didn't seem too happy during their duet (especially when Simon said that Danny was better! :o )

Kris's mouth is a bit quirky but I quite like it, it adds to his cuteness! :) kind of like Milo Ventimiglia, his mouth is a bit lopsided but I still love him. :hearts:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 12:24 AM
I actually meant what do you think the reason for it is (rather than what makes you think that! ;) ). so there hasn't been a particular incident or anything that I've missed, just a clash of personalities maybe? my livestream froze during the hug last night so I didn't see Kris blank Danny but he didn't seem too happy during their duet (especially when Simon said that Danny was better! :o )

Kris's mouth is a bit quirky but I quite like it, it adds to his cuteness! :) kind of like Milo Ventimiglia, his mouth is a bit lopsided but I still love him. :hearts:

Oh :rolls:

Probably a clash of personalities... possibly also Danny might not *approve* of Adam's "lifestyle" since Danny is like... super churchy and stuff *guessing*. I think maybe also since the beginning of this season, Gokey and Adam have been the front-runners. I think in the first week already Paula was telling them they'd be in the final. So it could be a rivalry type thing :shrug: I don't know... :lol:

Mmmm Milo Ventimiglia. I also have a fascination with Paolo Nutini's mouth. Or maybe just his lips. :rolls:

tennis lover
05-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Oh :rolls:

Probably a clash of personalities... possibly also Danny might not *approve* of Adam's "lifestyle" since Danny is like... super churchy and stuff *guessing*. I think maybe also since the beginning of this season, Gokey and Adam have been the front-runners. I think in the first week already Paula was telling them they'd be in the final. So it could be a rivalry type thing :shrug: I don't know... :lol:

Mmmm Milo Ventimiglia. I also have a fascination with Paolo Nutini's mouth. Or maybe just his lips. :rolls:
ok, I didn't realise Gokey was churchy, I guess that could cause problems if he's the type of person to voice his opinions. It surprises me with Kris because he seems really laid back but maybe it's because he's good friends with Adam or something. who knows. :lol:

I love Paolo Nutini, more for his music than his lips though. :rolls: although I get where you're coming from! ;)

star
05-08-2009, 01:04 AM
ok, I didn't realise Gokey was churchy, I guess that could cause problems if he's the type of person to voice his opinions. It surprises me with Kris because he seems really laid back but maybe it's because he's good friends with Adam or something. who knows. :lol:

I love Paolo Nutini, more for his music than his lips though. :rolls: although I get where you're coming from! ;)

I don't think it's the Christian thing because Kris has quite the churchy background too. I think it's just that Gokey is sort of self obsessed and awkward on occasion. But Allison said she was going to miss him on her interview with EW. or E! or something. I think they just didn't develop that same closeness with him.

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't think it's the Christian thing because Kris has quite the churchy background too. I think it's just that Gokey is sort of self obsessed and awkward on occasion. But Allison said she was going to miss him on her interview with EW. or E! or something. I think they just didn't develop that same closeness with him.

Everyone takes their churchyness differently though. :shrug: You never know :) But yes :shrug:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 01:06 AM

I love his music too :)

But the lips :lick: oh man. And I was front row at one of his first concerts in the US and in person the lips were :lick: :lick:

tennis lover
05-08-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm so jealous, I'd love to go to one of his concerts. I actually think he's coming to where I live soon but I have exams so I won't be able to go (plus I'm not sure if any of my friends would come with me! :awww: )

meh, I guess some people just don't get on that well. :shrug: I just find it odd because usually on these shows the contestants hide things like that and act like they are best friends with everyone. :lol:

star
05-08-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm so jealous, I'd love to go to one of his concerts. I actually think he's coming to where I live soon but I have exams so I won't be able to go (plus I'm not sure if any of my friends would come with me! :awww: )

meh, I guess some people just don't get on that well. :shrug: I just find it odd because usually on these shows the contestants hide things like that and act like they are best friends with everyone. :lol:

I think they kind of do try to hide it -- but it comes out in little ways. I don't think you are ever going to see Kris give Danny the full tight body hug he gives Adam. I might be wrong here. I think that Danny was pretty nice with Allison before she was aufed. He's not totally awful at all.

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 01:14 AM

Yeah, I'd love to go to another one :hearts: Mine was sooo long ago :( It was like January 2007 :(

orangehat
05-08-2009, 01:17 AM
haha hi guys! Kris is more churchy then danny i think. He's even one of the leaders of some church group in his school!

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 01:21 AM
A devout Christian, Gokey started singing with his family in church, but stated he would rather record mainstream music than perform solely contemporary Christian music. He has been the worship director at his church in Milwaukee, Faith Builders International Ministries, for several years.[3] He has four sisters and a brother.[4] On May 15, 2004 Gokey married his girlfriend of 7 years, Sophie Martinez.[5]

*dead wife info cut*

Gokey has acknowledged the influence of Jeffrey and Robin Pruitt, the pastors of the church he works at, and said his faith is "key to who I am."[11]

;) It doesn't matter if someone is more church related or not, it really depends on how you take it. Some people can be very religious and very accepting, and some people can't. To me, at least outwardly, Danny strikes me as someone a bit more judgmental :shrug:

star
05-08-2009, 01:22 AM
haha hi guys! Kris is more churchy then danny i think. He's even one of the leaders of some church group in his school!

Which is what I said upthread. I don't think it is that. But that Phil guy who was on last season and blogs for E! is pulling for Danny because of their mutual church connection. I haven't seen anything like that about Kris.

star
05-08-2009, 01:25 AM
;) It doesn't matter if someone is more church related or not, it really depends on how you take it. Some people can be very religious and very accepting, and some people can't. To me, at least outwardly, Danny strikes me as someone a bit more judgmental :shrug:

Let's just call it. Danny is a douche. Doesn't matter if religious or athiest. Douche.

orangehat
05-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Which is what I said upthread. I don't think it is that. But that Phil guy who was on last season and blogs for E! is pulling for Danny because of their mutual church connection. I haven't seen anything like that about Kris.

Kris has supposedly been trying to be "booted off" by the producers, if you believe krisallenation.com. Basically, some of it seems a little far-fetched, but others were definitely true! :mad:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Let's just call it. Danny is a douche. Doesn't matter if religious or athiest. Douche.

Well yes, that is fact :D

tennis lover
05-08-2009, 01:31 AM
I think they kind of do try to hide it -- but it comes out in little ways. I don't think you are ever going to see Kris give Danny the full tight body hug he gives Adam. I might be wrong here. I think that Danny was pretty nice with Allison before she was aufed. He's not totally awful at all.
I don't think he's totally awful at all. :) I was just intrigued as I've only really seen performances and not many interviews and stuff. :p
Yeah, I'd love to go to another one :hearts: Mine was sooo long ago :( It was like January 2007 :(
his album was out so long ago. I can't wait to get the new one. :dance:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 01:32 AM
I don't think he's totally awful at all. :) I was just intrigued as I've only really seen performances and not many interviews and stuff. :p

his album was out so long ago. I can't wait to get the new one. :dance:

Me too :D :D

Lee
05-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Everyone takes their churchyness differently though. :shrug: You never know :) But yes :shrug:

I am pretty churchy (like going to church every Sunday) but most of the guys on MTF I like and have met are gay and I really like those guys :lol:

Peta Pan
05-08-2009, 10:48 AM
We try :D The Roddick forum has had an Idol thread for years but they are not Adam fans, which is why we have become a safe haven for lovers of the most talented person to ever even be on American Idol (in my opinon ;) )

Adam :worship:
Well I'm glad you did! I'm just sorry I didn't know about it earlier rather than near the end of the season!

What other good off topic ones do we have? Narnia is in Pants now :rolls:
:lol: Yeah that's the one I was talking about.... was it always in Pants? I was sure it was in here :scratch:

Maybe it was Pants... well ok, you always have interesting off topic threads in the SERBIA forum then ;)

That is awful! How dare they deprive you of this! The Adam studio versions of the songs are just :inlove: and then the performance videos :hearts:
I know. It's dumb. We have iTunes and can download anything else so I have no idea why I can't download AI stuff

:lol: :yeah:

Don't know what is going on with my head but when I first read that I saw "Kris is more crunchy than Danny" :speakles:
I am pretty churchy (like going to church every Sunday) but most of the guys on MTF I like and have met are gay and I really like those guys :lol:
and again "I am pretty crunchy"

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
:lol: Yeah that's the one I was talking about.... was it always in Pants? I was sure it was in here :scratch:

:angel: No, it used to be in the Nole forum :rolls: I abused my power and moved it to Pants because the Narnia posters preferred it in there :lol:

Snoo Foo
05-08-2009, 02:30 PM
i am pretty crunchy too :yeah:

*Raine
05-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Kradam finale please. :angel: :worship:

Stephie Cesc
05-08-2009, 03:47 PM

I hope so too ;) I don't wanna see Danny in the finale :armed::mad:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 03:48 PM

Yes :worship:

That would be the perfect end to the season :D

star
05-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Here's to the link of the EW cover story on Lambert -- plus a photo of the cover.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/covergallery/img/2009/may152009_1047_lg.jpg

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20171835_20277643,00.html

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 10:00 PM
oh man I have to get that :worship: I love how he's on a cover of a magazine before he's won :rolls:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Is this on newsstands now? I will check on my way home :rolls:

Lee
05-08-2009, 10:20 PM
:lol: I love that "And Not Just Because He Might Be Gay" :rolls:

star
05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
oh man I have to get that :worship: I love how he's on a cover of a magazine before he's won :rolls:

Yeah. Except it's probably the kiss of death. The main complaint I hear about him is that he already thinks he's won and he acts like it and he's cocky.

I don't see it myself. I see that he's confident and feels ready to suceed, but that doesn't bother me.

Got to get you the idolatry link.

star
05-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Ok. Here are two.

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20007164_20174011,00.html

http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,20007164_20174011,00.html

PennyThePenguin
05-09-2009, 12:49 AM
for madame star ;) http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2009/05/idols-stage-managers-tale-of-the-fall.html

savesthedizzle
05-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah. Except it's probably the kiss of death. The main complaint I hear about him is that he already thinks he's won and he acts like it and he's cocky.

I don't see it myself. I see that he's confident and feels ready to suceed, but that doesn't bother me.

Got to get you the idolatry link.

I don't think he acts like that at all, because I think he keeps trying to come up with great performances.. he isn't playing it safe or anything :awww: and also he doesn't seem very cocky to me. He doesn't talk back to the judges at all, he never disagrees with them, he seems to appreciate their comments and he always THANKS them :shrug: Bah, maybe I am biased to him but I think he seems like a sweetheart :rolls: Confident, but not at an annoying level.

It's like... why I hated Melinda Doolittle in season's past. I hated her whole " :eek: you think I'm good? :eek: " act that she'd play every week, pretending she was surprised at the good comments :shrug: Adam knows he does a good job, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Better than fake humility :shrug:

star
05-09-2009, 03:10 AM
I don't think he acts like that at all, because I think he keeps trying to come up with great performances.. he isn't playing it safe or anything :awww: and also he doesn't seem very cocky to me. He doesn't talk back to the judges at all, he never disagrees with them, he seems to appreciate their comments and he always THANKS them :shrug: Bah, maybe I am biased to him but I think he seems like a sweetheart :rolls: Confident, but not at an annoying level.

It's like... why I hated Melinda Doolittle in season's past. I hated her whole " :eek: you think I'm good? :eek: " act that she'd play every week, pretending she was surprised at the good comments :shrug: Adam knows he does a good job, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Better than fake humility :shrug:

There's this guy I work with who is a Gokey fan -- but I can totally see why he is. I don't think he ever reads a book; he can only talk about himself or pro basketball. Nice guy, but not a lot of depth. Anyway, he has never liked Adam -- not to the point of hating, but Adam just rubs him the wrong way. He says that Adam just acts like he's better than the other people and acts like he has it sewn up. Well, of course, I've never been known to just smile and nod when I have strong opinions, so I said that I just saw Adam standing there and respectfully listening to the judges -- unlike Gokey who smirks and talks and completely acts like he is safe.

I can't hate anyone who can sing like Melinda. But, I was brought up in a household that valued modesty -- maybe to a fault, so I understood why she was the way she was. So, naturally her modesty didn't seem fake to me. She was so humble that it probably hurt her. But, it's a fine line -- the contestants have to project confidence while not appearing cocky. I think Adam walks that line very well. But, also the contestants have to be authentic. It wouldn't be natural if Kris shed his naturally modest demeanor.

EDIT: Damn -- I used the word "just" in that post like -- 33 times. :rolleyes:

star
05-09-2009, 03:11 AM
for madame star ;) http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2009/05/idols-stage-managers-tale-of-the-fall.html

Debbie!!! :rocker2:

So it was fifty stitches. I thought it must have been very deep for that many.

How very frightening for her.

*Raine
05-09-2009, 04:10 PM
:wavey: The crazy fans will do anything I guess. :p

k8to86g14b0

I hope so too ;) I don't wanna see Danny in the finale :armed::mad:

Who's Danny? :confused:

/end of amnesia mode :p

star
05-09-2009, 05:15 PM
:rolleyes:

After the visit, Gokey said he's struggled with song selection on "Idol."

"I've always done gospel music and I don't know much about the music outside of that realm," he said. "Literally every song I pick, I'm learning. I don't know what to pick and song choice has been the most difficult thing for me, and it only gets harder as it goes."

star
05-09-2009, 05:45 PM
So while Gokey was singing gospel songs in church, Adam was getting streaked by a girl in a bra and visiting the drama class.

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-05-08/things-to-do/screams-greet-adam-lambert-at-mt-carmel-high

This one includes two cute videos.

http://www.expressnightout.com/content/2009/05/idol_chatter_is_adam_coming_san_diegos_q.php

savesthedizzle
05-10-2009, 01:05 AM
I got my Adam cover EW today :hearts:

For free essentially because the cashier was dumb :p And I know I work in retail and *should* be sympathetic and tell these people when they don't scan all my items, but I think it's *because* I work in retail that I don't. And as a manager, if my register is short because the girl scans things wrong, I wouldn't blame the CUSTOMER, it would be the girl's fault for being dumb :shrug:

So I walked out of B&N today with a EW, On the Road by Jack Kerouac, and a selection of Emily Dickenson poems for...... $4.23. When she told me that total, if she was not completely stupid, shouldn't that have just SEEMED WRONG? :rolls: And this is why I did not inform her of her mistake.

Maybe this makes me a bad person :shrug: oh well :)

Lee
05-10-2009, 01:34 AM
You deserve that copy of Adam, Jess.

btw, would you please update the introductory thread when you have time, there're some new posters lately.

savesthedizzle
05-10-2009, 02:33 AM
You deserve that copy of Adam, Jess.

btw, would you please update the introductory thread when you have time, there're some new posters lately.

Oh gosh. I hate that I ever came up with that idea for that thread, it hasn't been updated for like... a year. :rolls:

When I have time could be a while :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-10-2009, 03:25 AM
http://www.votefortheworst.com/files/u3/krisallencrowd2.jpg

:rolls: :rolls: from Kris's homecoming :lol:

btw, judges choices are leaked, if people would like to know them :p

PennyThePenguin
05-10-2009, 03:55 AM
this is non-idol related. sort of. well, I guess it could be idol related since simon's there :lol:
but you guys have to see this!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhFRFtSzdSI

savesthedizzle
05-10-2009, 04:13 AM
:speakles:

Lee
05-10-2009, 04:34 AM
this is non-idol related. sort of. well, I guess it could be idol related since simon's there :lol:

If the title didn't give a hint of what he would be singing, I would be as surprised as everyone there :rolls:

PennyThePenguin
05-10-2009, 05:07 AM
*nod*
notice how he has lambert hair :haha: :haha: :haha:

savesthedizzle
05-10-2009, 02:44 PM
There are actually two songs being reported as the song that Simon chose for Adam... one I like for him, one I don't.

I trust Simon. So I'm going to plan my thoughts around it being the one I like :rolls:

star
05-10-2009, 04:37 PM

Very cute. He's adorable.

*nod*
notice how he has lambert hair :haha: :haha: :haha:

Yeah. At first I thought you had posted it because he was a little Lambert clone.

There are actually two songs being reported as the song that Simon chose for Adam... one I like for him, one I don't.

I trust Simon. So I'm going to plan my thoughts around it being the one I like :rolls:

When you say it's the "one" you like, is that the "one?" Well "one" of those songs is sort of a nothing song. It would be interesting to see what Adam does with it. I don't know what the other song is.

*Raine
05-10-2009, 05:10 PM
So while Gokey was singing gospel songs in church, Adam was getting streaked by a girl in a bra and visiting the drama class.

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-05-08/things-to-do/screams-greet-adam-lambert-at-mt-carmel-high

I posted that video before you did. :p

star
05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I posted that video before you did. :p

I posted a link to the article about the homecoming visit and made a remark about the streaker girl. There are some videos attached to the article, but I don't know that they contain the streaker. I know you posted a video about the streaker. I was posting something else.

savesthedizzle
05-10-2009, 09:23 PM
When you say it's the "one" you like, is that the "one?" Well "one" of those songs is sort of a nothing song. It would be interesting to see what Adam does with it. I don't know what the other song is.

The "one" I like is not the "one". I don't really see that style being anything he can work with :unsure: It's mellow but not in way of Mad World mellow which is like Adam's style of mellow... it's mellow in an un-Adam way. Both are mellow but the one is a bit more Adam-y than the other "one" :angel:

star
05-10-2009, 10:35 PM
The "one" I like is not the "one". I don't really see that style being anything he can work with :unsure: It's mellow but not in way of Mad World mellow which is like Adam's style of mellow... it's mellow in an un-Adam way. Both are mellow but the one is a bit more Adam-y than the other "one" :angel:

I agree. It's mellow as in starts out nowhere and goes nowhere. I cant' see Simon picking that one. Can you give me a rep wtih the name of the other one included?

*Raine
05-11-2009, 04:58 PM
:sobbing: Please let there be no flying unicorns (or any other cheesy stuff) in the lyrics of the coronation song this year.

PennyThePenguin
05-12-2009, 02:33 AM
flying elephants??? :p

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Why, does Gokey not like unicorns and elephants? :bigcry:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm rewatching all of Adam's performances (since I bought them all :tape: ) and I'm trying to decide which is actually my favorite :rolls: I think the one thing about Adam that really strikes me, when comparing him to basically any Idol contestant ever, is that he really knows how to work the stage. In the early rounds of the top 12/13 the people who go first are always people who are on stage just singing, and not performing ;) And he has alwaaaaaays been performing :worship: on a lot of seasons it takes contestants a while to grow into being a performer, but Adam was like that from the start, which I think is why I got sucked into him so easily.

I shall possibly rank my Adam performances later :rolls: if I can even possibly decide which is my least favorite :rolls:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Okay no I def know my least fave. :rolls:

l_mac
05-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Desperate levels on fangirling going on in here.

:scared:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM

:ras: we don't pretend otherwise :rolls: it's in the title of the thread :shrug:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Mary, when you come in here later and see this. Can we start a Zach Quinto fangirl thread somewhere? The Heroes thread in the Roddick forum isn't lively either I don't think.

Must I recreate every good Roddick off topic thread in here? :scratch: :rolls:

Or maybe I'll just bump the Frank Dancevic thread which is actually for "People we love who aren't Novak" and make it a Quinto thread. :rolls:

Stephie Cesc
05-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Did I just read Zach Quinto :hearts: Oh I love him :rolls: :p

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Okay starting with the top 13 (so not including Satisfaction), I've decided my order of Adam is this:

1. Ring of Fire, I think just because the judges hated it/were confused by it. Although when Dilana did it on Rockstar Supernova like this I hated it too hahahaha (but on that show, the judges loved it haha). But then again, I just didn't like Dilana. Toby Rand :hearts:
2. Whole Lotta Love.
3. If I Can't Have You.
4. Tracks of My Tears. Even if he does have Zac Efron in Hairspray hair.
5. Feeling Good. I love the studio version, but the performance is only falling about here.
6. Born to Be Wild. He looked good this week though.
7. Mad World. Meh, I listened to the Gary Jules version so much when I was an emo teenager that while I think he did a very good job, this does nothing for me :lol:
8. Black and White. I like it, but it was early and he wasn't into full Adam force yet. Also he's not wearing eyeliner.
9. Play that Funky Music :rolls: The only one I think I actually dislike :haha:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Did I just read Zach Quinto :hearts: Oh I love him :rolls: :p

:hearts: so do I :rolls:

I'm leaving in a bit to go see Star Trek :rolls:

Lee
05-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Mary, when you come in here later and see this. Can we start a Zach Quinto fangirl thread somewhere? The Heroes thread in the Roddick forum isn't lively either I don't think.

Or maybe I'll just bump the Frank Dancevic thread which is actually for "People we love who aren't Novak" and make it a Quinto thread. :rolls:

:armed: DON'T YOU DARE TO TOUCH FRANK'S THREAD. He will be back :sobbing: and the thread will be active again. :bigcry:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM
:armed: DON'T YOU DARE TO TOUCH FRANK'S THREAD. He will be back :sobbing: and the thread will be active again. :bigcry:

Lee, when I said that I had a feeling you would have this reaction :rolls: Don't worry, I won't touch Frank's thread :hug: :lol:

Zach might be worth a fresh thread :)

It's just a matter of here, or pants.

Stephie Cesc
05-12-2009, 04:13 PM
:hearts: so do I :rolls:

I'm leaving in a bit to go see Star Trek :rolls:

:lol: Tell me more about the movie when you get back. I might be watching Star Trek as well :rolls: but just because of him :angel:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 04:14 PM
:lol: Tell me more about the movie when you get back. I might be watching Star Trek as well :rolls: but just because of him :angel:

He is the only reason I am going too :rolls: I have never seen any sort of Star Trek thing before in my life :rolls:

Okay time to go! Movie starts in 45 min and I need to get a good seat :lick:

star
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM

:nerner:

Okay starting with the top 13 (so not including Satisfaction), I've decided my order of Adam is this:

1. Ring of Fire, I think just because the judges hated it/were confused by it. Although when Dilana did it on Rockstar Supernova like this I hated it too hahahaha (but on that show, the judges loved it haha). But then again, I just didn't like Dilana. Toby Rand :hearts:
2. Whole Lotta Love.
3. If I Can't Have You.
4. Tracks of My Tears. Even if he does have Zac Efron in Hairspray hair.
5. Feeling Good. I love the studio version, but the performance is only falling about here.
6. Born to Be Wild. He looked good this week though.
7. Mad World. Meh, I listened to the Gary Jules version so much when I was an emo teenager that while I think he did a very good job, this does nothing for me :lol:
8. Black and White. I like it, but it was early and he wasn't into full Adam force yet. Also he's not wearing eyeliner.
9. Play that Funky Music :rolls: The only one I think I actually dislike :haha:

What about Satisfaction? You don't have it on there. I didn't like Satisfaction. I liked PTFMWB because of the sheer audacity of it. Also it was a fun performance that made the schlocky song go down.

Me*:

Mad World
Feeling Good
Black and White -- He made that into a polemic!
Tracks of My Tears
Ring of Fire
Whole Lotta Love -- remembered with prodding from Jess. :p
Born to Be Wild
PTFMWB
If I Can't Have You
Satisfaction

*reserving right to change my mind. :lol:

Actually this is like ranking which child you like the best. :sad:

He is the only reason I am going too :rolls: I have never seen any sort of Star Trek thing before in my life :rolls:

Okay time to go! Movie starts in 45 min and I need to get a good seat :lick:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I've always found those movies really, really, really boring.

star
05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Here's an article from the LA Times with five reasons Adam will win and five reasons he won't. At the bottom are links to the five reasions will/won't for Kris and Goaty.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2009/05/ten-reasons-why-adam-lambert-will-be-the-next-american-idol.html

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 04:52 PM
You don't rem whole lotta love? :( it was just last week :( lol but an said in my post I wasn't including satisfaction bcuz I just did top 13

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Zachary Quinto :hearts: I love heroes and it made me sad that no-one used the Andyland thread this year. Maybe they don't watch anymore? :awww: which is a shame cause the last series was awesome! :rocker2:

No need to recreate them, just make them lively again! ;) :p

star
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
You don't rem whole lotta love? :( it was just last week :( lol but an said in my post I wasn't including satisfaction bcuz I just did top 13

Obviously, I have no short term memory.

I don't remember being blown away by Whole Lotta Love. The rock song right? I really liked his duet better.

I think you should rank the duet too.

OK. WWL is comming back to me now as I type. Every inch of my love.

I'll update the rating.

star
05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Zachary Quinto :hearts: I love heroes and it made me sad that no-one used the Andyland thread this year. Maybe they don't watch anymore? :awww: which is a shame cause the last series was awesome! :rocker2:

But wouldn't it be funner if they were here?

Actually, I have no idea who this Quinto guy is. I would have to look him up.

LAT says that Adam is loved by tweeners and silver foxes. I am the latter, but not so foxy. :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 07:40 PM

Posting from my phone is almost unrecognizable as English :sad:

Yeah I liked this last one. The next one looks interesting also :dance: But bah, even in sucky seasons like, ones where Hiro is stuck in ancient Japan, Sylar is still an excellent reason to watch the show :rolls:

Actually, I have no idea who this Quinto guy is. I would have to look him up.

LAT says that Adam is loved by tweeners and silver foxes. I am the latter, but not so foxy. :lol:

They would def be funner if here :D Then I'd never need to go into the Roddick forum at all :D I mean everyone there is lovely and all, but I don't know how they would feel about a Djokofan invasion :rolls:

He is Sylar :hearts: on Heroes and Spock in the new Star Trek, which I actually enjoyed very much :D :rocker2:

Bah, I am not a tween nor a silver fox ;) Adam is beloved by the 20-somethings also :armed:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 07:49 PM
ibScsbhX0Jw

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Maybe for you. But I rarely stray from the Roddick forum or the Gasquet forum :tape: (don't ask me why! :o ) so I never find things like this until it's too late! :sobbing: (I only found this thread because I was lurking! ;) )
Yeah I liked this last one. The next one looks interesting also :dance: But bah, even in sucky seasons like, ones where Hiro is stuck in ancient Japan, Sylar is still an excellent reason to watch the show :rolls:

They would def be funner if here :D Then I'd never need to go into the Roddick forum at all :D I mean everyone there is lovely and all, but I don't know how they would feel about a Djokofan invasion :rolls:
Yeah, that whole thing with Hiro and Adam was awful! :o but there is always Sylar and Peter Petrelli to keep me interested. :dance:

I'm sure they wouldn't mind since the thread is already there, it might make them start talking about it again! ;) but go ahead, make a new one. I'll just have to broaden my horizons and visit other player's forums once in a while. :scared: :lol:

star
05-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm sure they wouldn't mind since the thread is already there, it might make them start talking about it again! ;) but go ahead, make a new one. I'll just have to broaden my horizons and visit other player's forums once in a while. :scared: :lol:

You would just have to add this ONE player forum. :)

I hardly ever go to any player's forums except here and Nadal -- so I know what you mean. :)

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
One more Quinto video... until new thread is started....

g-idou6MJlE

I only go here, Pants and Nadal :rolls: I used to go to Ancic and Robredo and Ferrero and everywhere and Roddick and Gulbis and blah blah blah but now I only go Serbia and Nadal. That is all. :rolls:

tennis lover
05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
You would just have to add this ONE player forum. :)

I hardly ever go to any player's forums except here and Nadal -- so I know what you mean. :)
OK, deal. :p but then I might start occasionally posting in other threads here...you've been warned! ;)
I only go here, Pants and Nadal :rolls: I used to go to Ancic and Robredo and Ferrero and everywhere and Roddick and Gulbis and blah blah blah but now I only go Serbia and Nadal. That is all. :rolls:
I do lurk occasionally, especially in the Nadal forum. I just don't have enough time to start properly posting and keeping up in another forum and I think it would be weird if I just suddenly started posting somewhere. :shrug: (although that's what I did here! :o ) I'm a bit weird like that! :o

star
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
OK, deal. :p but then I might start occasionally posting in other threads here...you've been warned! ;)

That would be groovy! :yeah:

I do lurk occasionally, especially in the Nadal forum. I just don't have enough time to start properly posting and keeping up in another forum and I think it would be weird if I just suddenly started posting somewhere. :shrug: (although that's what I did here! :o ) I'm a bit weird like that! :o

Well, since it's a message board, I don't think anyone thinks it's at all weird if you just pop up and post where you've never posted before. :hug: And we're really glad you posted here. :)

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 10:01 PM
That would be groovy! :yeah:

Well, since it's a message board, I don't think anyone thinks it's at all weird if you just pop up and post where you've never posted before. :hug: And we're really glad you posted here. :)

Exactly :)

Lee
05-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Viktor's forum needs some traffic, Jess :angel:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Viktor's forum needs some traffic, Jess :angel:

I know :( This whole "losing in the first round" deal he's got going on right now is not good :(

Quinto thread in Pants? It *does* seem logical really :p

Lee
05-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Quinto thread in Pants? It *does* seem logical really :p

:dance: :dance: :dance:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Are you a fan of his Lee? :D

Lee
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Nope. No idea who's this guy :p

Have you watched the star trek movie? I was a big fan of the TV series star trek the next generation. But don't like any of the movie and/or other series.

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Nope. No idea who's this guy :p

Have you watched the star trek movie? I was a big fan of the TV series star trek the next generation. But don't like any of the movie and/or other series.

I just saw it today :dance: It was my first experience with Star Trek:shrug: I hope I do not become too nerdy, but I liked it :lol:

star
05-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I just saw it today :dance: It was my first experience with Star Trek:shrug: I hope I do not become too nerdy, but I liked it :lol:

Maybe it's better without that guy who played Captain Kirk.

Plus the preachy story lines. :rolleyes:

Lee
05-12-2009, 11:16 PM

I can't stand Captain Kirk (William Shatner) either. :p That's why I don't like the original series. But TNG with Captain Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) :inlove: and Commander Riker (Johnathan Frakes) are much better. :dance:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 11:39 PM
OMG spoilers :tape:

Kris singing two modern songs :)
Adam is supposedly going to be fantastic :)

PennyThePenguin
05-12-2009, 11:48 PM
did I ever mention I wasn't an adam fan? :lol: he has great performances which I admire. but...just not my type :p

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM
:speakles: You have not. You are banished to the Roddick forum :wavey:

savesthedizzle
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM
jk of course ;)
As long as you're not a Gokey fan you can stay :unsure:

star
05-12-2009, 11:58 PM
OMG spoilers :tape:

Adam is supposedly going to be fantastic :)

Duh.

did I ever mention I wasn't an adam fan? :lol: he has great performances which I admire. but...just not my type :p

:hug: :hug: It is ok not to be an Adam fan. But, if not, I hope you are a Kris fan.

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Duh.

:hug: :hug: It is ok not to be an Adam fan. But, if not, I hope you are a Kris fan.

Exactly. I mean, gosh Jiat, we have rules here ;)

star
05-13-2009, 12:05 AM

Main rule: Put the Go in Gokey. :)

Did you all see the sweet tribute to Allison from Popwatch? They had to make it two segments. :)

Maybe it's not as good if you haven't seen all their Allison videos with the clips from the movies and tv shows. But worthwhile all the same.

l_mac
05-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Shut up, Gokey.

That was a hideous intro.

Oh no. "C'mon". Dreadful.

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
That was not worthy of the semifinals. *shakes head*

Go away Gokey.

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:11 AM
sign your name woulda been better. kris looks like freddie prinze jr.

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:12 AM
:speakles: You have not. You are banished to the Roddick forum :wavey:
but that isn't a punishment. :awww: :angel: ;)

so I kind of had that in the background but I couldn't be bothered to watch it, from the comments I'm glad I missed the dancing! :dance:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:14 AM
but that isn't a punishment. :awww: :angel: ;)

so I kind of had that in the background but I couldn't be bothered to watch it, from the comments I'm glad I missed the dancing! :dance:

Gokey should just not move ever.

And preferably not sing also :shrug:

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:16 AM
I swear Adam is ALWAYS on last. :o

what's with the blue nail varnish on Kris' thumb? I like Apologise, hope it's good. :D

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Kris :lick:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Meh that wasn't great :sad:

Lee
05-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Kris performance not great? :awww:

l_mac
05-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Didn't like it. Of course it was much better than Gokey.

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:21 AM
to be fair, I'm not sure there's too much he could do with that song. :shrug: he's still cute though.

Paula should never talk, ever. :)

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 12:22 AM
idc, i loved Pocket Hottie tonight! him and adam in the finale plz. Gokey can gtfo.

savesthedizzle
Didn't like it. Of course it was much better than Gokey.

Well yes.

Adam next. Let's blow them away :D

tennis lover
there is no need for an advert break after every performance. :(

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Eagerly anticipating Adam.... hating commercials....

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:27 AM
oy oy oy i love this song, this is not gonna cut it, it sounds like rem

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:29 AM
oh god why did i watch this show again. oh no no no no no what happened to this... it's like... a song from a disney movie, but with yelling.

l_mac
Why did Adam scream parts of that song?

Nothing good tonight so far.

savesthedizzle
Meh I didn't love that.

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:30 AM
wasn't amazing. :shrug:

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
sorry guys, but i didn't like that... :bolt:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
I haven't liked anything tonight. I never like judges choices.

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:33 AM
cancun, spring break 99 :haha: :haha: :haha:

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:38 AM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/emot-rock.gif ANGOLA http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/emot-rock.gif

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 12:40 AM
I haven't liked anything tonight. I never like judges choices.

pocket hottie was the only one that i at all liked. :|

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:44 AM
I didn't think that Adam changed the melody or whatever all that much yet Kara was all like "oh my God, Adam, you completely changed it" and slated Kris for doing just as much? :shrug:

let's hope their own choices are better. :dance:

and I cannot believe there is another commercial break after that charity segment. seriously, the number of ad breaks in this programme is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:45 AM
gokey was the only one I liked :devil: :bolt:

savesthedizzle
gokey was the only one I liked :devil: :bolt:

savesthedizzle
Is this dedicated to deadwife? :awww:

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I love this song! :sobbing: he'd better not ruin it! :devil:

ok, he's already sung "you h-are so beautiful", I hate that. :(

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:47 AM
holy jesus is this fucking gye out of his fuckin mind

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 12:47 AM
wow Gokey, plz GTFO.

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I thought that was quite good. :bolt:

savesthedizzle
omg a vocal masterclass? they're so up his ass.

l_mac
Disgusting.

STFU Simon you make me sick with your manipulations :mad: THINK FOR YOURSELVES AMERICA.

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:50 AM
damn i was too busy watching john belushi videos to pay attention to the goddam vocal master class

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Kanye?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

knight_ley
Did Pocket Hottie just say he's doing Kanye? Plz... What.......????

savesthedizzle
Kris :dance:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:52 AM
I like this more than the original :rolls:

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 12:52 AM
I Need This Audio Asap! Omg So Good!

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Kara go crawl in a hole.

That was the best so far tonight :D

Snoo Foo
05-13-2009, 12:53 AM
randy is either very convincing or he's right for the first time ever, so far that's my favorite of the night

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:54 AM
that was AWESOME! :worship:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 12:56 AM
SEND GOKEY HOME.

SEND GOKEY HOME.

SEND GOKEY HOME.

:rolls:

essihtam
05-13-2009, 12:57 AM
I never, ever write OMG but that performance totally merits an OMGOMG. That was amazing! Better than the original!

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 12:57 AM
why doesn't Kara use her brain and maybe realise that the reason kris didn't do acoustic guitar for the first song was because he was doing it for the second one rather than saying he should've done it for both? if he'd done the same thing twice they would have slaughtered him. :o

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:00 AM
why doesn't Kara use her brain and maybe realise that the reason kris didn't do acoustic guitar for the first song was because he was doing it for the second one rather than saying he should've done it for both? if he'd done the same thing twice they would have slaughtered him. :o

Exactly :rolls:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:01 AM
The background singer was off :rolls:

l_mac
05-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Didn't love that either. Better than performance 1.

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Yeah Kris was best tonight I think. Neither of those Adam performances crack my top 5 Adam performances. Two of his worst actually :tape:

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 01:06 AM
I hate that we have to wait until tomorrow for the results. :(

Kris was my favourite tonight by a long way. :dance:

savesthedizzle
The Roddick forum is SO anti-Adam :rolls:

They treat Adam worse than we treat Gokey :rolls: I mean he wasn't that good tonight but the dislike is so strong :rolls:

savesthedizzle
:worship:

Coming from a former Gokeyfan :lol:

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 01:07 AM
SEND GOKEY HOME.

SEND GOKEY HOME.

SEND GOKEY HOME.

:rolls:

:worship:

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 01:08 AM
do I get banished for posting in both?! :unsure:

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 01:09 AM
The Roddick forum is SO anti-Adam :rolls:

They treat Adam worse than we treat Gokey :rolls: I mean he wasn't that good tonight but the dislike is so strong :rolls:

That's my home, but I can't go in there and be myself, so I'm staying with you guys!

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:09 AM
That's my home, but I can't go in there and be myself, so I'm staying with you guys!

Good :hug: :hug: We like you here :D

YOu probably won't read back, but I asked you a question in the thread earlier :D

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 01:14 AM
Good :hug: :hug: We like you here :D

YOu probably won't read back, but I asked you a question in the thread earlier :D

oh what was the question! i'll go look for it if you like!

and i was just uber brave and posted my love for adam & pocket hottie in andyland! :p

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:21 AM
do I get banished for posting in both?! :unsure:

Hmmm. Nah :D

oh what was the question! i'll go look for it if you like!

and i was just uber brave and posted my love for adam & pocket hottie in andyland! :p

Should I start a Zachary Quinto thread for fangirling, videos and pics?
Should it be here or in Pants :D

Since the location question started, it has come to my attention that people may have been suggesting it be in Pants to loosen my stronghold in Djokoforum :S:S

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Should I start a Zachary Quinto thread for fangirling, videos and pics?
Should it be here or in Pants :D

Since the location question started, it has come to my attention that people may have been suggesting it be in Pants to loosen my stronghold in Djokoforum :S:S

Um, obvs you should even if it is just you and I!

Maybe we should do Pants then since that's where Narnia is as well. :D

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:31 AM
But we don't want my hold on Djoko loosened!! :sad:

Unless you are also part of the coup :sad:

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 01:32 AM
what is this Narnia thread you all speak of? :)

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:33 AM
what is this Narnia thread you all speak of? :)

You do not know of Narnia!?!

It is in Pants. :p

I feel like we all speak in code here :rolls:

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 01:35 AM
But we don't want my hold on Djoko loosened!! :sad:

Unless you are also part of the coup :sad:

oh wait i'm confused. :lol: idgaf where it is, as long as it's made! :drool:
http://i40.tinypic.com/bfp5ec.jpg
:angel:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Oh wow that gif inspires all sorts of.... thoughts.....

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:38 AM
We'll make it in Pants :D

We just need a good title :D

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 01:38 AM
We'll make it in Pants :D

We just need a good title :D

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR VULCAN MIND?!

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 01:39 AM
You do not know of Narnia!?!

It is in Pants. :p

I feel like we all speak in code here :rolls:
I know of Narnia as in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, is that what the thread is all about? :scratch:

you do speak in code. :sobbing: this is why I stay in my safe places! :rolls:

http://twitter.com/mrbobbybones guys, you are not alone in the Gokey-hating. ;)

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:39 AM
PERFECT :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:42 AM
I know of Narnia as in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, is that what the thread is all about? :scratch:

you do speak in code. :sobbing: this is why I stay in my safe places! :rolls:

http://twitter.com/mrbobbybones guys, you are not alone in the Gokey-hating. ;)

Yes :rolls: and the fangirling of the actors in the films and the hating of the actress who plays Susan :rolls:

:hug: you will learn.

Btw, Zach thread is up, it *can* be moved back in here if we change our minds ;) Really I can rotate where it is, if we wish to have joint custody :rolls:

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Yes :rolls: and the fangirling of the actors in the films and the hating of the actress who plays Susan :rolls:

Btw, Zach thread is up, it *can* be moved back in here if we change our minds ;) Really I can rotate where it is, if we wish to have joint custody :rolls:

:bolt:

*Raine
05-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Kradam Kradam Kradam FINALE please.

Gokey go home
Gokey go home
Gokey go home
Gokey go home
Gokey go home

:wavey:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Kradam Kradam Kradam FINALE please.

Gokey go home
Gokey go home
Gokey go home
Gokey go home
Gokey go home

:wavey:

If we all repeat this enough maybe it will become true :D

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 01:46 AM

ok :lol: I haven't seen the film so I wouldn't have a clue where to start in that thread. Is that where the boy that you fanboy is from Mary? I can't remember his name but he looks about 15. :rolls:

:hug:

*toddles off to the Zachary thread* I find it quite weird when you call him Zach, I have only ever hear him introduced as Zachary. :lol: Although I've only ever heard about 2 interviews with him. But he is Zachary on the Heroes credits. :)

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 01:49 AM
ok :lol: I haven't seen the film so I wouldn't have a clue where to start in that thread. Is that where the boy that you fanboy is from Mary? I can't remember his name but he looks about 15. :rolls:

*toddles off to the Zachary thread* I find it quite weird when you call him Zach, I have only ever hear him introduced as Zachary. :lol: Although I've only ever heard about 2 interviews with him. But he is Zachary on the Heroes credits. :)

:haha: The "boy" I love is named wilmos (william moseley) and he is 22! :p

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:50 AM

He and I are close ;) So I use the nickname. I've heard him as Zach somewhere, maybe it's Parkman's Twitter :rolls:

star
05-13-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm in the middle of the show now. I had to leave it for awhile so I could fast forward through Gokey singing You Are So Beautiful -- one of the Schlockey songs of all time. Well -- there's Wind Beneath My Wings and One Moment in Time.

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm in the middle of the show now. I had to leave it for awhile so I could fast forward through Gokey singing You Are So Beautiful -- one of the Schlockey songs of all time. Well -- there's Wind Beneath My Wings and One Moment in Time.

He had to do a deadwife song :shrug: it's his only shot of getting votes :p

star
05-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Oh, forgot to say -- loved the very vulnerable look on Adam's face at the beginning of the song.

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 02:07 AM
:haha: The "boy" I love is named wilmos (william moseley) and he is 22! :p
:lol: I know he is the same age as me, I remember you telling me that. I also remember thinking before you told me that that if I ever went near him I would probably get arrested. :shrug: ;)
He and I are close ;) So I use the nickname. I've heard him as Zach somewhere, maybe it's Parkman's Twitter :rolls:
I see. ;) I'm sure people do refer to him as Zach, but in my mind he is Zachary (actually I find it hard to mention his name without his surname! :lol: ) :dance: I like the name Zachary Quinto.

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 02:08 AM
:lol: I know he is the same age as me, I remember you telling me that. I also remember thinking before you told me that that if I ever went near him I would probably get arrested. :shrug: ;)

I see. ;) I'm sure people do refer to him as Zach, but in my mind he is Zachary (actually I find it hard to mention his name without his surname! :lol: ) :dance: I like the name Zachary Quinto.

I like the video I posted (maybe I didn't post that one) where he is with Letterman and busts out some Italian :lick:

Boys speaking Italian just slay me :rolls:

*gets vid for thread*

tennis lover
05-13-2009, 02:13 AM
you didn't post that one. But boys speaking pretty languages are killer for me too. :hearts:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 02:19 AM
you didn't post that one. But boys speaking pretty languages are killer for me too. :hearts:

I posted a funny vid in VULCAN where he calls himself Zach :D So now I feel okay about it :D

Running:Free
05-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Catching up on YT -

Kris :yeah: Well executed, seemed effortlessly good. The song choices should at the very least get him votes.

Gokey. Growling as always. :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:11 AM
jk of course ;)
As long as you're not a Gokey fan you can stay :unsure:

Duh.

I was a danny fan at the start of the season :awww: can I still stay???

I'm a kris fan foshure!!! haven't you heard me gush? :p

and OH! did I ever tell you guys that my friend visited from SF and she went to church with some other friends of ours and it was like, the 2nd week of the top 36. and kris, danny and I forgot who were at the church too and got introduced on stage and all :)

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 03:15 AM

and OH! did I ever tell you guys that my friend visited from SF and she went to church with some other friends of ours and it was like, the 2nd week of the top 36. and kris, danny and I forgot who were at the church too and got introduced on stage and all :)

.... but are you still? :unsure: that is what matters. I mean, I liked him at the start of the season too, but then the doucheyness came out. :unsure:

I like you, so I don't want to have to punish you :awww: :p

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:20 AM
.... but are you still? :unsure: that is what matters. I mean, I liked him at the start of the season too, but then the doucheyness came out. :unsure:

I'm for the kris now!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

power abuse!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:21 AM
oooooh judges fight!! fight fight fight fight fight!!!

i'm like 3 hours late aren't I :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 03:22 AM

You can't help being on the left coast.

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:26 AM
next week I will be on the right coast during the show. buuuut...without tv access :p

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:29 AM
me no likey the screamy bits in the middle of the song adam :( and he was standing on his own nose! :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 03:30 AM
next week I will be on the right coast during the show. buuuut...without tv access :p

You are on the right coast, without TV? Are you like.. building houses for Habitat for Humanity in West Virginia mountains or something? :speakles:

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:32 AM
uhm. no. conference in orlando and there's a conference social event on tuesday night. so I'll be on a boat somewhere :lol:

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:32 AM
and results night I was planning to meet natratpatwatcat!!!! cos it's her hometown and all that :p

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 03:33 AM
uhm. no. conference in orlando and there's a conference social event on tuesday night. so I'll be on a boat somewhere :lol:

and results night I was planning to meet natratpatwatcat!!!! cos it's her hometown and all that :p

This is very poor planning! Missing the finale! :p :rolls:

But boat party :dance:

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Okay I have to sleep.

Live long and prosper everyone. :D

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 03:34 AM
'tis not my fault they put the conference then! :ras: wonder if the spirit of troy is performing again :lol:

star
05-13-2009, 04:03 AM
Dial Idol has them neck and neck. I hope the order they have them in is right.

Also, my TV may have broken. :sad:

star
05-13-2009, 04:10 AM

Kris! :yeah: Love the mouth.

Church? :unsure:

For sure Adam wasn't at a church -- synagogue -- maybe. :)

That's why I hate it when Christianity is brought into it. Some people aren't Christians -- and it doesn't make them worse people or any less worthy of winning and it should have no bearing on anything. Jewish, Hindu, Moslem, Buddhist, Ba'hai, atheist -- it's a matter of conscience that is nobody's business.

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 04:22 AM
Kris! :yeah: Love the mouth.

Church? :unsure:

For sure Adam wasn't at a church -- synagogue -- maybe. :)

That's why I hate it when Christianity is brought into it. Some people aren't Christians -- and it doesn't make them worse people or any less worthy of winning and it should have no bearing on anything. Jewish, Hindu, Moslem, Buddhist, Ba'hai, atheist -- it's a matter of conscience that is nobody's business.

I didn't say adam was there!!! :lol: need reading glasses madame star? :p it was kris, michael sarver, danny and one other guy. my guess was they probably wanted to find somewhere they could go for church while they're here in LA and got brought there? :p just a guess

star
05-13-2009, 04:26 AM
I didn't say adam was there!!! :lol: need reading glasses madame star? :p it was kris, michael sarver, danny and one other guy. my guess was they probably wanted to find somewhere they could go for church while they're here in LA and got brought there? :p just a guess

I didn't think you did say Adam was there. Sorry for the confusion. I don't know what I said that made you think I thought that. :confused:

Did they bring them up front and introduce them to the congregation?

Phil says he met Danny at church and supports him because he goes to his church -- presumably somewhere in LA -- So maybe Phil is there too. Is that his name? Phil? Somehow it doesn't seem right. I'll go check.

Edit: Yeah -- Phil Stacy.

star
05-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Oh, I meant to post this, but got distracted. So the Adam/Danny "not friends" status is confirmed.

From a USA Today article...

To re-energize, Lambert says he hangs out in his room listening to mood music by Thievery Corporation, takes kava-kava homeopathic supplements and texts instead of calls to save his voice.

He and Kris have been roommates, and a friendship has formed. "Danny and me? Well, we're really different," says Lambert softly. "On everything. So we often agree to disagree."

knight_ley
05-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Oh, I meant to post this, but got distracted. So the Adam/Danny "not friends" status is confirmed.

:D

Fee
05-13-2009, 04:50 AM
Meh, I just wrote a paragraph in duck nation and don't want to repeat myself, so I'll just say...

Kris ROCKED Heartless, absolutely ROCKED it and deserves to be in the final for that one song alone.
Adam was okay, he's done much better this season.
Not mentioning the other guy, I've said enough.

KRADAM final, I agree. :)

PennyThePenguin
05-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Did they bring them up front and introduce them to the congregation?

something like that. my friend took a video. I didn't go, obviously ;) that church is like a rock concert every week :lol:

Lee
05-13-2009, 05:42 AM

We were having dinner. When Ryan introduced Gokey, my son said he needed to cover his ear. :rolls:

Lee
05-13-2009, 05:50 AM
I don't know how long I can post in this thread. I may be banished from this forum. :sobbing: And what I am going to say will probably make it worse.

I like Kris more than Adam even as a singer or a performer, he is not as good as Adam. He's sooooo cute! :awww: :shrug:

Stephie Cesc
05-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Can anyone tell me how was Kris last night..I might not be able to catch AI today :sad: :sobbing:
And please tell me that Danny sucked :p

05-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't know how long I can post in this thread. I may be banished from this forum. :sobbing: And what I am going to say will probably make it worse.

I like Kris more than Adam even as a singer or a performer, he is not as good as Adam. He's sooooo cute! :awww: :shrug:

Me too :lol: :hug:

Can anyone tell me how was Kris last night..I might not be able to catch AI today :sad: :sobbing:

Kris was the best last night :yeah: Gokey, yeah :lol:

Stephie Cesc
05-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Kris was the best last night :yeah: Gokey, yeah :lol:

Thanks :hug: That's all I need to hear :lol: Kradam finale :rocker:

*Raine
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Kris was the best of the night for me, that 2nd song shows why he deserves to be at the finale. I didn't like the two songs Adam sang and Gokey was just Gokey (I hope he goes home tomorrow).

Kradam finale please. :worship:

Gokey, go home.

star
05-13-2009, 12:53 PM
We were having dinner. When Ryan introduced Gokey, my son said he needed to cover his ear. :rolls:

Good job of parenting, Lee! You've raised a young man of taste and refinement. ;)

:hug: :hug: I like Kris too. I think he's not so much of an entertainer, but he's very cute and rarely hits a wrong note. I think Kris love is welcome. I think he has rapidly gained in popularity as Adam and Danny grind each other down. He stands out from either of them.

Just don't go gokey on us. :lol:

Kris did well. Danny didn't suck -- sadly.

But I think it's neck and neck. Adam really needed to astound, and that's a lot to ask because he had to do even more and he sang Aerosmith! :bigcry: :bigcry: Although he was lovely on "One."

If it's Kris and Adam in the final, I would be ok if Kris won. Adam is launched into whatever world he wants to inhabit now. From his interviews on the itouch app, he appears to have a slightly self destructive bent -- he says things about you have to alienate some people or you aren't pushing the limits -- something like that, and although I agree, it's not good to alienate on purpose, so I hope he doesn't go down that road.

Anyway, I ramble.

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Kris was the best of the night for me, that 2nd song shows why he deserves to be at the finale. I didn't like the two songs Adam sang and Gokey was just Gokey (I hope he goes home tomorrow).

Kradam finale please. :worship:

Gokey, go home.

Yes, you echo my thoughts exactly.

Kris was the best last night for sure :) Heartless was great :hearts: I did not like Adam's songs either :unsure: But over the course of the season he's def still my fave :D

star
05-13-2009, 01:45 PM

Kris was the best last night for sure :) Heartless was great :hearts: I did not like Adam's songs either :unsure: But over the course of the season he's def still my fave :D

Really? I thought he was very clever on his Heartless rearrangement and his voice sounded good. I thought Apologize was not what it might have been. A bit muddled -- and I know this shouldn't count, but his piano playing isn't really good. I was sort of feeling badly for him when they showed his hands. But, really that shouldn't count.

What cracked me up was that the judges ragged on him for not playing his guitar instead of the piano, and he just had to stand there and take it knowing that his plan was to play the guitar on the next song.

And I loved the way his eyes sort of glazed over while Paula was talking.

But really the judges' high jinks are deplorable. What the heck? Shut up already and stop bickering. I blame Kara and those who put her there. :(

And wtf putting her hands over Simon's mouth -- like really, really tight. :unsure: But, bad on Simon for taking a pot shot at her during his comments.

Peta Pan
05-13-2009, 02:07 PM

I can't stand Captain Kirk (William Shatner) either. :p That's why I don't like the original series. But TNG with Captain Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) :inlove: and Commander Riker (Johnathan Frakes) are much better. :dance:
Noooo I LOVE the original series best. I have both seasons of the original series on DVD :hearts: Captain Kirk was my favourite. I'm a bit of a Star Trek fan, love the originals and Voyager :hearts:

I'm going to see this new movie in 2 weeks. Would have been this weekend except I'm flying to Queensland on Friday for a wedding on a boat :hearts: (just wish I wasn't going all that way just for 2 days).

I never liked Gokey. Right from the first time I heard him I thought his voice had something I really hated. I hate that the judges kiss his arse every week even though he's totally shit.

I hate that I'm even later. I wish I was on when it was being shown live! I just had to read about 50 pages :lol:

THEN I forgot to watch the start and missed the 1st performances of Gokey and Kris. Thank goodness Adam was 3rd so I get both of his :) Unfortunately I reeeeally dislike 'One'. I wish he'd sung a song I liked more :)

Gokey put me to sleep with his "vocal masterpiece" *vomit*

About to watch Kris with Heartless :)

savesthedizzle
05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Really? I thought he was very clever on his Heartless rearrangement and his voice sounded good. I thought Apologize was not what it might have been. A bit muddled -- and I know this shouldn't count, but his piano playing isn't really good. I was sort of feeling badly for him when they showed his hands. But, really that shouldn't count.

What cracked me up was that the judges ragged on him for not playing his guitar instead of the piano, and he just had to stand there and take it knowing that his plan was to play the guitar on the next song.

And I loved the way his eyes sort of glazed over while Paula was talking.

But really the judges' high jinks are deplorable. What the heck? Shut up already and stop bickering. I blame Kara and those who put her there. :(

And wtf putting her hands over Simon's mouth -- like really, really tight. :unsure: But, bad on Simon for taking a pot shot at her during his comments.

Kara is stupid. Really she needs to go. And I know there are rumors of Simon leaving. If Simon leaves, end the show, because the other three have no clue wtf they are saying and offer nothing interesting or constructive :shrug: Oh gosh the pain of having to sit through judges comments when it's just Randy, Kara, and Paula. I'd turn the mute button on until they were done.

That is true, but then even after Kris did the second song, stupid Kara was like "SEE THATS WHAT WE WANTED! WHY DIDN"T YOU DO THAT FOR APOLOGIZE" :smash: stupid Kara

*Raine
05-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Kradam finale :rocker:

This. :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Yeah, Adam's still my no. 1 fave after those two songs. Heartless reminded me of Bo's unplugged In a Dream performance. :worship: :worship:

Kara was lame in today's episode. :o

Peta Pan
05-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Ooooh I reeeeally liked Adam's 2nd performance. Ok, not as good as some of his others (like Whole Lotta Love which was totally awesome) but I thought it was great and it was my favourite of the night.

It goes without saying that Gokey was the weakest link once again. Go home Gokey!!!

Lee
05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Kara is stupid. Really she needs to go. And I know there are rumors of Simon leaving. If Simon leaves, end the show, because the other three have no clue wtf they are saying and offer nothing interesting or constructive :shrug: Oh gosh the pain of having to sit through judges comments when it's just Randy, Kara, and Paula. I'd turn the mute button on until they were done.

I have the feeling that putting Kara in the judge panel is to entertain us with her stupidity. Paula is to enforce the clueless image of some women. Simon, of course, for his meanness but right to the point comment. And Randy is just Randy :p

That is true, but then even after Kris did the second song, stupid Kara was like "SEE THATS WHAT WE WANTED! WHY DIDN"T YOU DO THAT FOR APOLOGIZE" :smash: stupid Kara

We had a good laugh during dinner.

star
05-13-2009, 03:53 PM

I already fast forward a lot through the judges comments. :retard:

I have the feeling that putting Kara in the judge panel is to entertain us with her stupidity. Paula is to enforce the clueless image of some women. Simon, of course, for his meanness but right to the point comment. And Randy is just Randy :p

No, Kara is there to show us her armpit. :p

At least Paula knows how to raise her arm without the full on armpit. Seriously tired of her armpit.

Here's from Rushfield at the LAT. Kris fans, hang in there til the last paragraph. :)

The fact of the matter is that after the journey's end, they [the three finalists] stood standing, exhausted, bloodied and broken but still awaiting judgment by our ultimate arbiter; the 10- to 12-year-old girls of America who having openly declared their dictatorship at the beginning of this season, seem determined to toy with us by prolonging their indecision until the last moment. Although our tween overlords rarely expose themselves to on-the-record interviews, all my research suggests that they still have not broken clearly for any of the three remaining singers. And as America sleeps, they will quietly cast the ballots that will decide our fate.

(Note to those readers who in the comments have pointed to David Cook’s victory as a sign that the tween stranglehold was broken: the great unreported story of last season was how in the final weeks a huge portion of the tweens defected from Archuleta to the Cook camp.)

Credit for this cliffhanger state, however, must also clearly be given to one man who has been in his quiet way, the truly inspirational story of this season. No one saw Kris Allen coming, no one expected him to get this far. But week after week, taking the stage in his quiet, humble way without fanfare or hoopla, he has risen to every challenge until tonight, at this exalted stage of the race, he left many saying he had delivered the very best performance on the last night in the Idoldome.

star
05-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Here are selections from Slezak at EW.

Idol's producers have officially lost sight of the fact that it's the vocal performances of a merry band of superstar wannabes, and not the self-impressed blatherings of a panel of has-beens and never-wases, that keep their show's engine purring.

Think I'm being overly harsh? Let's flash back to Top 3 night on Season 7, when we got a whopping nine performances. We had David Cook tackling ''The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,'' ''Dare You to Move,'' and ''I Don't Want to Miss a Thing,'' David Archuleta attempting ''And So It Goes,'' ''With You,'' and ''Longer,'' and Syesha Mercado pulling out ''If I Ain't Got You,'' ''Fever,'' and that song by the animated penguins. Granted, the ''Producers' Choice'' round of 2008 did not yield stellar results — Armageddon love theme + Dan Fogelberg schlock + Happy Feet album cut = a sudden and terrifying urge to grab the remote and find out about this thing called NCIS) — but did Idol's producers really think it was cool to leave us with only six performances and a few seconds' worth of hometown visit footage on which to choose our finale participants? Especially on a night where if Kara's combined critiques had been tossed in the dumpster, Adam, Kris, and Danny would've almost had time to respectively perform ''Paradise by the Dashboard Light,'' ''Alice's Restaurant,'' and ''American Pie'' in their entirety.

I have to be honest, the first thing that went through my mind tonight as Kris announced he was tackling a Kanye West song was this: ''He took a bold risk, and it paid off.'' But those thoughts were solely focused on the Arkansas native's daring, glittery shirt, which looked like it had dashed over from Maksim Chmerkovskiy's wardrobe at the goofy dancing show that's housed next door to Idoldome. (Which reminds me: There won't be an On the Scene at Idol report on PopWatch today, but fret not: Adam B. Vary will be back in business tonight, and filing his typically juicy in-the-studio observations on PopWatch on Thursday morning.) Right on the heels of my fashion flight of fancy, though, my next thought was a less enthusiastic, ''Kris covering Kanye? Please don't let this be a hot wreck!''

Well, my suspicions were half right. ''Heartless'' wasn't just ''hot,'' it was, to recall a popular season-7 Randy-ism, a molten-hot lava bomb! Like I'd suggested on Tuesday's edition of Idolatry, Kris' only chance to crack the final two was to ditch the aggressive Idol band and perform either acoustically or a capella, to have a Bo Bice-ian ''In a Dream''-type moment. And you could tell from Kris' sly grin going into the final chorus, he achieved exactly what he set out to do musically, making the words of Kanye's composition come to life in a way they never could through the cold filter of a vocoder.

Perhaps just as important as the triumph of ''Heartless'' as a solitary performance, though, was the fact that it helped dispel two silly myths about Kris that have lingered through much of season 8. First is the fallacy of Kris' supposed lack of a killer instinct, a squishiness that Simon has contended makes him unfit to wear the Idol crown, and which was reiterated several times tonight by Ryan during interview packages. But au contraire, what kind of stones does it take to cover a song that not only climbed to No. 2 on Billboard's chart within the last year, but was performed by the original artist right there on the Idol stage during a results-night telecast only two months prior? Kris doesn't need to tell us he has swagger when he's up there on the stage proving it in bold-faced, all-cap letters — Kanye style! Secondly, there's the myth that would have us dismiss Kris' voice as a reedy trifle — a myth that Simon continued to hammer home on Fox News' Fox and Friends on Monday by insisting that Kris isn't a good enough singer to compete with Adam, and that only an Adam-Danny finale will work for TV. To which I say, if there was a flaw in Kris' pitch on ''Heartless,'' if his big notes lacked support, or his phrasing lacked originality, I defy you to prove it. Which did not stop Simon, even while praising Kris's vocal, from referring back to Kris' first performance, and sneaking in the phrases ''lame song choice'' and ''written you out of this competition.''

But trying to convince Simon that ''good'' and ''enormous'' don't have to be one and the same would be like trying to teach Kara the inner workings of the show on which she's a judge. Did she really ask ''Why didn't you do that with 'Apologize'?'' after Kris finished ''Heartless''? Oh, yeah, because dude would've really shown his versatility by doing back-to-back stripped-down arrangements on the same night? (Side note: Yes, The Fray does an acoustic version of ''Heartless.'' No, it doesn't remotely sound like Kris' rendition. And guess what? Kris's is vastly superior!) Moving on...

Adam Lambert and the Backup Singer from Hell, ''Cryin'' Imagine you're at work, and one of your colleagues decides to shadow your every move, mimicking your words, your motions, your every action. (Actually, if, like me, you're a fan of ABC's Better Off Ted, then you've witnessed this scenario in sitcom format.) That's kind of what happened to Adam as he navigated his way through the soaring chorus of what Kara still probably thinks is an ''early Aerosmith'' ballad, hounded at every step by a ''supporting'' vocalist who kept trying to outwit, outlast, and eventually consume whole the melody Adam was throwing down. But as with many of Adam's best performances, by the end, I found myself laughing and clapping along. Whether or not you ''get'' Adam, I think you have to admire the sheer audacity of what he tries to create each week on the Idol stage. The risks and liberties he takes with melodies are extravagant in the extreme: If vocal performances were bank heists, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, & Co, could take notes on Adam for their climactic scene in Ocean's Fourteen. This one moved Kris' family to their feet — before Adam said anything about how it was an honor to share the stage with the two other remaining finalists.

Kris Allen and the Oddly Positioned Piano, ''Apologize'' Wait! Press pause, please. Was that chipped, blue nail polish on Kris' thumb when he got the text telling him Kara and Randy had picked One Republic's ''Apologize'' as his Judges' Choice slot? (Sorry, I'm in Ryan mode...the burning urge to keep it shallow and frivolous became all-consuming for a moment.) And how come Kris' piano was positioned in a way that made it almost impossible for the camera crew to get a direct and flattering shot of his face? And do I need to quit it already with the ''Idol is out to sabotage Kris'' conspiracy theories?

Anyhoo...as Simon correctly pointed out, Kris gave a totally competent vocal on this number that came close to, but did not exceed, the original.

Danny Gokey and the Ghost of Idols Past, ''You Are So Beautiful'' Oh, Simon! A ''vocal masterclass''? Masterclass in what? How to support your notes like bricks resting in hammocks made from damp paper towels? A masterclass in how to insult Elliott Yamin, the previous recipient of this compliment from you back in Idol's fifth season? A masterclass in sticking to a pre-ordained Danny-vs.-Adam script you and Paula have been flogging since mid-March? No, sir, this will not stand...not when we're talking about the night's most tepid vocal.

Seriously, I know I've never been Danny's biggest fan, but I don't understand how the judges went wild for a song that opened with a breathy, awkwardly paced, and frequently flat verse, which then switched into a full-on ''adult contemporary, back when Michael Bolton was contemporary'' arrangement, only to finish with such grim effort and ridiculous riffing that it was as if Danny was singing while single-handedly carrying a refrigerator up four flights of (narrow, twisty, uneven) stairs. And what was with the ''your love turned this boy into a man'' riff? A sly cover for missed lyrics, or just some bizarre bit of whimsy that conjured up all kinds of awkward voice-changing incidents.

And yet there was Randy yelping ''you showed you are here because you can really, really, really sing.'' And there was Paula uttering the phrase ''do magic to it,'' and there was Danny, post-performance, telling us he'd been thinking to himself all day, ''I have to just do what I do best. I'm not gonna worry about all the oh-pinions.'' And there's me thinking, ''Taylor Hicks covered this very song back in season 5, during Top 3 week, and his version was far more sincere and sexy and pitch-perfect, and yet the Idol machine wants us to think he's a metal tub of Krakus Ham, and that Danny is pork tenderloin in a white-wine and truffle-oil reduction. Well, y'know what, judges? I'm not swallowing what you're putting on the plate.

And now, our letter grades for the night...
Kris' ''Heartless'': A
Adam's ''Cryin''': B+
Kris' ''Apologize'': B
Danny's ''Dance Little Sister'': B
Adam's ''One'': B-
Danny's ''You Are So Beautiful'': C+

PennyThePenguin
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
so I turned on the car radio today and heard kanye'sheartless :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-14-2009, 01:18 AM
JAMAR :hearts: I've missed you. Can you shapeshift like Sylar, and become Gokey and continue in his place? :D

Jamarrrrrrrr :inlove:

savesthedizzle
05-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Kris's homecoming is like a Justice commercial :rolls: every little girl is wearing clothing I am familiar with :rolls:

05-14-2009, 01:25 AM
:haha: at all the little kids shaking and crying.

Snoo Foo
05-14-2009, 01:26 AM
wait does this mean adam is out? i don't understand, or are they all in the bottom 3?

knight_ley
05-14-2009, 01:27 AM
omg i was freaking out i thought he was gonna say gokey was safe. :scared: i haven't been this nervous over idol since like the chris daughtry days...!

PennyThePenguin
05-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Kris's homecoming is like a Justice commercial :rolls: every little girl is wearing clothing I am familiar with :rolls:

tsktsk....the influence you have on these little girls...is there a justice in LA? :lol:

savesthedizzle
05-14-2009, 01:33 AM
tsktsk....the influence you have on these little girls...is there a justice in LA? :lol:

There are over 900 nationwide, there probably is ;)

*edit* There are 2 in LA, 80 in California :p

savesthedizzle
05-14-2009, 01:33 AM
wait does this mean adam is out? i don't understand, or are they all in the bottom 3?

They are all in the bottom 3 :p :rolls:

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 01:34 AM
:haha:

Snoo Foo
05-14-2009, 01:35 AM
damn i'm so stupid, ok i just figured that out, like 10 minutes later... :o

tennis lover
05-14-2009, 01:39 AM
I think they'll tell Adam he's safe after this. :)