The injuries [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The injuries

willie
08-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Cant be possible that a young tennis player as Coria has so many injuries, and all different injuries, if is not the elbow, is the feet or the hand or the nose :awww: , this year so far he retired from auckland in second round, he lost 1 round in 3 straight sets in the aussie open and he said it was due to the injury, he didnt play for argentina in quarterfinals of the davis cup becuase of an injury, he lost RG final to gaudio because of an injury, now he retires from the olypics and the us open becuase of injuries. Here in Argentina and in many other parts of the world people have doubts of your injuries is that after so many problems(with gaudio in hamburg or in the davis the press said the injuries were false) peolpe doesnt know if you are telling the truth. I will continue supporting as many other fans here in this forum and in the world and i pray that so much injuries stop preventing you loosing tournaments and fans.

boliviana
08-09-2004, 12:44 AM
First of all, he lost to Gaudio because of nerves . . . even he says so. Hamburg he was out of sorts from a cold and then he had blisters but he still gave Federer a good run for his money (at least the first set and 1/2) and he played some really good tennis that week . . . he did really well in Miami and can't be faulted for kidney stones. In BA, he did well and in Monte Carlo he kicked ass. In the Netherlands, he gritted it out on a surface he is not fond of at all.

Guille is young with a lot of pressure on him (both self-made and from outside influence) . . . he needs time to adjust his nerves and his mindset to accept that he is as good as he is . . . to grow into these new clothes and this new position . . . he is near the top of the mountain he wanted to climb . . . it's a lot of responsiblility . . . it's meeting all of these expectations . . . it's a lot to put on a 22 yr old's shoulders. For him to climb that fast means he is powerful . . . that can be a scary prospect. Stress can play a big role on the body's well-being. It's hard not to think that the stress isn't playing some part of his problems.

I think he is amazing for what he has done . . . if he wants it as much as he claims, he will come back stronger than ever but first he has to conquer his nerves and whatever is rumbling in his mind. Maybe he is tired . . . (it's a grueling schedule). . . maybe in the back of his mind he wants time with Carla at home and not be on the road . . . (I am not saying he is faking anything!!)

Guille is an easy target for some reason. There are a lot of players out there who seem to be "injured" an awful lot of the time. It is really unfair to single him out. I am also the same person who said he needs to get his body in shape (mind too) and not go out and claim injury anymore in the middle of a a match. It's a bad cycle for him to go out there and feel so vulnerable and it will keep repeating itself unless he stops doing it.

Give the guy a break. He doesn't need our sympathy. He needs our respect.

Guille's Girl
08-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Well SHIT! I ain't got nothin' else to say! Amen Boliviana!

Ok maybe I WILL say something: Name the amount of injuries Nally-B has had, the number of tournaments he's won and the amount of finals he's been in. Now go do the same with Guille. Need I say more?

And as for him losing "fans", they're called BANDWAGONERS. They're trick and they're fake and were never true fans to begin with. F*ck 'em.

VAMOS GUILLLERMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

kandykane
08-09-2004, 03:39 AM
lol, it's cool he's losing fans, just makes me one step closer to him, lol

Guille's Girl
08-09-2004, 03:42 AM
No he's not losing "fans", he's losing losers.

Guille's Girl
08-09-2004, 03:58 AM
*GG is pleased that Willie hadn't a damn thing more to say*

and oh yes I forgot to mention what everyone else seems to have forgotten: The press claimed that Guille's injury that caused him not to play in Davis Cup was fake. But they also said the same about Nally-B. Wish I could find that damn article. Remember? They both had to defend themselves against those accusations. Anyway, y'all see the mutha f*ckin' double standard.

kandykane
08-09-2004, 04:09 AM
so they were defending themselves right there, eh? :D

Guille:'i can't defend myself anymore, i'm just gonna hide under the table!' :p

Guille's Girl
08-09-2004, 12:13 PM
:rolleyes: ha ha Kandy. Just forget it. Thanks for the pic by the way. Seen it billions of times, never saved it :retard:

|-Safin_Coria-|
08-09-2004, 12:26 PM
:lol: i never seen that pic! hahaha, its so cute :)

Guille's Girl
08-09-2004, 01:52 PM
WHAT?!!!! :eek: you haven't-? :scratch: Anyway, that was at Divis Cup (you already know that) Guille is trying to get in his chair. :haha: I guess he didn't feel like going around Lucas and Agustin sooooooo shortcut! :haha: Luza and Lucas seem to be the only 2 laughing :smash:

kandykane
08-09-2004, 02:30 PM
i think we've posted that pic quite a few times in this forum.... strange you haven't seen it b4.
he was trying to get to his chair?? :haha: i thought he fell out of his chair or something....

willie
08-09-2004, 03:04 PM
*GG is pleased that Willie hadn't a damn thing more to say*

and oh yes I forgot to mention what everyone else seems to have forgotten: The press claimed that Guille's injury that caused him not to play in Davis Cup was fake. But they also said the same about Nally-B. Wish I could find that damn article. Remember? They both had to defend themselves against those accusations. Anyway, y'all see the mutha f*ckin' double standard.

gg, i am also a guille fan and as i said before i will continue being, but i think the injuries is a problem he has to solve(is more mental as said boliviana than phisical and that has a solution).

Guille's Girl
08-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Yes I know you are a Guille fan kid. I'm not calling you a bandwagoner :hug:

willie
08-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Yes I know you are a Guille fan kid. I'm not calling you a bandwagoner :hug:

ok GG thats ok :crazy: