Long Wait for After Registering [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Long Wait for After Registering

Ozone
03-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Hello:wavey:,

One of my neighbor's has a foreign exchange student, and she says it has taken her a very long time after registering to finally post. I remebered the same thing happened to me. I just seems like it shouldn't take 3 weeks to activate an account.

10K Futures Qualifier
03-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Hello:wavey:,

One of my neighbor's has a foreign exchange student, and she says it has taken her a very long time after registering to finally post. I remebered the same thing happened to me. I just seems like it shouldn't take 3 weeks to activate an account.

Yes, I remember when Ozone sent me an I.M. about this problem. I have never had to deal with it, but it should not take that long.

Carlita
03-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Well, we try to check and approve them all within a few days or one week usually. But sometimes things happen that are beyond our control.
1. technical problems
2. personal stuff

If you know how many people register every day and there are only a handful of us who can actually do the checking:o.....and we do have jobs/studies/private lives too... ;)

And no, opening registration is not an option..... thanks to some of our permanently banned users :p

Thanos
03-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, we try to check and approve them all within a few days or one week usually. But sometimes things happen that are beyond our control.
1. technical problems
2. personal stuff

If you know how many people register every day and there are only a handful of us who can actually do the checking:o.....and we do have jobs/studies/private lives too... ;)

And no, opening registration is not an option..... thanks to some of our permanently banned users :p

deep down you want them back. dont fight it :D

Ozone
03-16-2009, 01:13 AM
:lol:

LinkMage
03-17-2009, 03:59 AM
Only forum I know which takes so long to register. Every other forum on the Internet it's done automatically. :shrug:

Not only the servers are from 1980, but the registration process too. Only at MTF! :worship:

Carlita
03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Only forum I know which takes so long to register. Every other forum on the Internet it's done automatically. :shrug:

Not only the servers are from 1980, but the registration process too. Only at MTF! :worship: it used to be automatically.....but some permanently banned users spoiled that a few years ago. (making like 30 accounts in 30 minutes and spamming the place with a lot of crap. So this might not be the "normal" way, but it certainly makes life a lot easier around here. :p At least this way we have a better chance of filtering them (and spammers) out.

Ivanatis
03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
I remember very well that it took months for my account to be activated. I thought it wouldn't happen anymore.:p
and a friend of mine signed up right before the AO and is still waiting as well

Yves.
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
A friend of mine subscribed about 2 months ago :o

Carlita
03-17-2009, 09:46 PM
then i guess something went wrong because I cleared everyone today (and the longest waiting person registered on the 14th... :p), so those who are waiting right now registered today. I'd say we're up to date!

Yves.
03-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Check again please, his name is graftak 2.0

Carlita
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Check again please, his name is graftak 2.0I told you the list is empty, so..... no im not checking again!

graftak?! Das toch geen naam :o

Ozone
03-19-2009, 01:55 AM
A friend of mine subscribed about 2 months ago :o
bs Yves thats just one of your accounts:lol:

Ozone
03-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey moderator check the IPs of Yves and this "friend of his" he is talking about:lol:

Yves.
03-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey moderator check the IPs of Yves and this "friend of his" he is talking about:lol:

How can I possibly stay calm, Froukje?

Carlita
03-23-2009, 10:11 PM
How can I possibly stay calm, Froukje? You'll think of a way :rolleyes:

btw, my name is not Froukje:p

Yves.
03-24-2009, 06:35 AM
btw, my name is not Froukje:p

Oh, that's embarrassing :o