The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Pages : [1] 2 3

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I'd like to open a sports chat-thread here;)

First of all I'd just like to say a huge thank you to the non-football lovers for putting up with the interruptions in the normal chat-thread;):hug: I just didn't want you guys to get bored with the football talk especially;)

But now I think its time to open a dedicated sports chat-thread for lovers of other sports,whatever other sport gets your pulse racing, come and talk about it here;)

ellen_
03-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Di :smooch: You know I'm gonna be a very good customer of your new thread :p

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Ellen:smooch: Welcome:wavey: I knew you'd be here soon;)

I'm very:sad:for the Spanish club I follow,Valencia CF. It looks like they're going to have to sell David Villa at last because they're in big financial trouble:sad::tears:

Valencia have confirmed that they have had talks with Manchester City over the transfer of David Villa:tears::sobbing::bigcry: I cant bear this news:crying2:

This is what Valencia have also said(Source BBC Sport website).

Vice-president Fernando Gomez told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser that City had not made an offer for a player who would cost a "significant amount".

When Gomez was asked if Valencia chiefs had met with two representatives from Manchester City regarding the sale of Villa, he added: "Yes, it's true but they didn't make us an any offer.

"The president Vicente Soriano asked for a significant amount and they didn't agree."

No price tag was revealed but Gomez did confirm that despite Valencia's precarious financial predicament, Villa and fellow Spain star David Silva would not be allowed to go for a reduced price.

"I think they are two very important players, with a lot of quality and if we sell them, we are not going to sell them on the cheap," stated Gomez.

"I would like them both to stay but we cannot discard anything and any of them [the players] could leave at the end of the season."

The skilful Villa has been a target for other Premier League clubs, with Liverpool and Chelsea both linked with bids in recent seasons.

My plea to Villa is this'For the good sense of football,don't go to this Club' Kaka didn't,please be sensible David. Stay in La Liga;) I know Valencia need the money,but not the £100m Man City seem to want to offer every player they want from La Liga or Serie A:rolleyes::o

With every multi-million pound transfer that goes through(in excess of £30m) I dread the future for the rest of football below the Premier League, indeed other more minor leagues in European football. The money being exchanged between clubs is obscene and it upsets me greatly. In times of deep world recession,this must be stopped,and salaries,transfer fees capped:rocker2:

ellen_
03-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Whaaat? :eek: Oh gosh, David... don't go to the Premier League :awww:

Di!!!! Maazou left! :banana: :banana: :banana: I just read the news while I was looking for some cycling news :woohoo:.

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Whaaat? :eek: Oh gosh, David... don't go to the Premier League :awww:

Di!!!! Maazou left! :banana: :banana: :banana: I just read the news while I was looking for some cycling news :woohoo:.

Yeeeeeeeeessssssssss:banana::banana::woohoo:

I'd love to hear any cycling news you have Ellen;)

MsTree
03-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Villa is fantastic! But no one is worth that much money, and what's going to happen to Man City when the sheiks disappear and they have to rely on just their TV money and the punters ticket money? It's a dangerous game they're playing....

ellen_
03-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I wish I had more cycling news to offer, Di. But I miss my cyclocrossers :crying2:

The highlight of today's cycling news for me is that Fabian Cancellara (:hearts:) will race in Milan-Sanremo and the Tour de Flandres! He was doubting first because he has been sick and injured his shoulder due to a fall at training.

Other cycling news: Tom Boonen fell twice in today's race and Philippe Gilbert gave up :awww:

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm missing cyclocross now,I was just getting into it and now its finished:awww:

Good news for Cancellara then:yeah:

Poor Boonen and Gilbert:awww:. Its the Paris-Nice race at the moment right?

ellen_
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm missing cyclocross now,I was just getting into it and now its finished:awww:

Good news for Cancellara then:yeah:

Poor Boonen and Gilbert:awww:. Its the Paris-Nice race at the moment right?

It's Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico right now. Both Cancellara and Boonen are in sunny Italy in stead of rainy France ;)

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Two races,gosh. I haven't seen any of the Paris-Nice but I noticed it was being shown on Eurosport. Good for your guys that they are in the sun in Italy then;)

Indeed Les,I just despair the direction football is taking financially,the gap between rich and poor clubs will get ever wider. As much as I love football no-one should have ridiculous price tags on them. I think the structure of contracts and the way footballers work(if I can put it that way) needs bringing closer to the way almost other businesses operate). I'm a believer in a pay as you play system:) And GET RID OF THE AGENTS:fiery:

Otherwise, I can see a day in the not too distant future the rate we're going when more of the lower league clubs have to end up going semi-professional.

Just a few ideas that myself and Eimear have to encourage a few more people in here;) We want as big a sporting chat thread as possible:bounce:

What are your favourite sports besides tennis? Whats been your funniest experience watching your chosen sport or sports? What has been the greatest moment you have seen your team/sporting hero achieve? Do you have any pictures or videos to share either ones you've done yourselves,or a You Tube moment that describes the fun,the agony,ecstasy?

Anything like this would be really appreciated here;) The more people we have here,the more experiences we can share,the more fun we'll have:banana:

ellen_
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Di, you already know but let's sum up my favourite sports again: tennis, football, cycling, cyclocross, F1, snooker, swimming, athletics.

Funniest experience: seeing a football player of the opponent showing 'his goodies' to us after the match and see him being arrested for that because we weren't 16 yet:rolls:.

Greatest moment: the match we qualified ourselves for UefaCup in 2003 + party afterwards + playing at ManCity + having ManCity in our city and stadium. (and also the match my favourite player scored and saved us from relegation :hearts:)

Pictures/videos: http://picasaweb.google.com/ellenv88

More cycling news :haha: A pro cyclist has been racing at 100km/h at a Belgian highway in the slipstream of a truck :cuckoo:I hope it wasn't someone I know because I would kick his butt for acting so irresponsible! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2mro5xJl4&eurl=http://www.sport.be/cycling/nl/nieuws/?Article_ID=346906&feature=player_embedded

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi guys :wavey: This is SO my kind of thread ... I'm just going to get my thoughts together and make a long post :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Right so I'm going to start with football ... first of all about David Villa. I really hope he doesn't go to City. It wouldn't be beneficial for his career to go from La Liga to a struggling club in the Premiership. Unfortunately, though, he may not have a choice if Valencia decide to sell him for money reasons. It's a sad way the sport is going where we've got all these sheiks and Americans and Russians coming in offering crazy money. It's very dangerous for football and I wish Sepp Blatter would step in and do something about it before the game is totally ruined

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Now onto my own personal football story. I am a HUGE Man U fan and have been ever since I was old enough to talk really. I've been fortunate enough to go to Old Trafford on a few occassions to matches and do the tour etc. My favourite memory of Old Trafford is when I was 16 and we went to a reserve game with a group from school. This was back in the day when it was common to see first teamers in the reserves coming back from injury and my idol at the time was David May and he was the captain of the reserves that afternoon! There were 50 of us from school and because we're from Waterford, the same city as John O'Shea (who was making his first reserve team appearance for United), he arranged a little surprise for us. Before the game, just as the players were warming up, the whole group from my school were called up onto the pitch and introduced to the crowd and asked to dance to 5,6,7,8 by Steps. It was a little embarrassing but fuck it I didn't care because I was on the pitch at Old Trafford where all the players were warming up! It was a fantastic experience and John came out to meet us all after the game and thanked us for our support. Definitely my best experience of following United from a personal point of view

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I don't really have any favourite sports to watch besides football and tennis and the occassional swim meet (the Euros and stuff) and I catch the Olympics and Commonwealth games when they were on. I used to be OBSSESSED with athletics but all the drugs and everything ruined it for me and it turned me off BIG time and now I don't watch it so much. With regards to sports I play, I like swimming and used to play badminton and a little tennis. I'm going to go and see if I can find some videos now. I'll give you two guesses what most of them will contain!!! :lol:

ellen_
03-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't really have any favourite sports to watch besides football and tennis and the occassional swim meet (the Euros and stuff) and I catch the Olympics and Commonwealth games when they were on. I used to be OBSSESSED with athletics but all the drugs and everything ruined it for me and it turned me off BIG time and now I don't watch it so much. With regards to sports I play, I like swimming and used to play badminton and a little tennis. I'm going to go and see if I can find some videos now. I'll give you two guesses what most of them will contain!!! :lol:

Oh it's cool to mention the sports you play yourself. I'm a badminton player too! ;) I started swimming competition at 6 years old, but quit unfortunately at 11 years old :awww: Still regret that :( I did tennis, volleyball, dance and judo and quit them all too :rolleyes: Di, I'm really a bit of an Ernie, eh :lol:

Wow, you've been at the pitch of Old Traffor :worship:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah I was. It was the best experience of my life. I have some pictures somewhere but they need to be scanned so I'll dig them out and scan them over the weekend and post them

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I've been sports:crazy:since I was 8 years old. My 1st sporting love was actually darts:lol: My parents bought me a darts set whilst on holiday in Blackpool. There were soon loads of little holes in the hotel walls:tape::o:help: I even wanted to be a pro:lol:

Aged 10 I had my first tennis racket,bought by my parents from a craft fair of all things. I discovered I had decent hand/eye co-ordination for ball sports so I fell in love with the game,at 12 I was playing for my school team and also a Club,and got to the verge of playing for my County,and then I found school and Further Education taking up too much time, so I just played for my Club at weekends. I used to play table tennis for my school and County.

I cant play sport right now due to a serious back injury,but I have recently taken up swimming and yoga to try to help my back. I haven't given up hope of being back on court yet. When I have time I like to encourage kids to take up sports,and go along to after school clubs to do this. I'll be doing more of this in the summer,helping to run a Holiday Sports Club.

The sports I watch,people I admire coming up next post. I am so passionate about sport that I am considering writing about it a little more seriously.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Wow Di you are REALLY into your sports!!! It sounds like you have a real passion. You should consider Sports Journalism ... I'm trying to think of a sportsperson I really admire. i'll take a little while to think because I don't want it to be the obvious one (a Man U player) so I'll think on for a little bit and post when I have some ideas

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Okay ... so my most admired sportspeople ... I don't know if this is a cliché or not but I really REALLY admire all the Paralympians and all people with disabilities who compete at the highest level. I have a severe hearing disability myself and while I know it's not the same as a physical disability I do know what it's like to have something that sets you apart from other people. Things like this can make you shy away and hide from the world and get all introverted (I've been there myself) and yet you've got these athletes who totally push their disabilities to one side and train with equal if not more dedication than able-bodied athletes and yet only receive half the credit they deserve. I truly think they're amazing and an inspiration to all that you can achieve anything no matter what! :worship: and :hug: for the paralympians

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 10:45 PM
My younger brother Lewis(the Tottenham fan) wants to go into sports journalism so I'm helping with that when I have time;) I'll just encourage him,I have enough on with Law studies:lol:

The first football team I ever watched from the stands was actually Nottingham Forest. I went to my 1st game when I was 15. I took an interest in Norwich City after they won the League Cup in 1985. I went to a Norwich away game in 1986 at Sheffield United,which we won 5-2:worship: I never actually went to any of their home games until the 90s. Why Norwich? The only team that played in yellow and green,and it was said they played like Brazil:lol: I fell in love with the city of Norwich on holiday there, and have been going to games ever since.

I have been to many Open Days which have been great for looking around inside the ground,meeting the players. I only have a couple of photos with players though. I have met Delia Smith our Major Shareholder many times. She's so nice,just a fan with a lot of money. She is passionate about the people who support the Canaries as much as the club itself. I have met players many times in the city,on trains,at the training ground,inside the Club Shop etc.

I have many experiences like these to share;)

I have also been to Valencia CF ground to look around whilst on holiday. I have pics of that too, and followed them ever since,and admire David Villa so much as you have gathered already:lol:. I have also visited Bayern Munich ground when they played in Olympic Stadium and Paris St Germain(Parc des Princes).

I have many people I admire in football,and have met a lot of footballers over the years.

I also admire Roberto Martinez,the manager of Swansea City and his team. The way he has taken to management at such a young age is remarkable. And Fernando Torres,he's a special footballer,and he's hot:hearts:

I have so many photos but many of them are stacked up in old photo albums and need scanning. I will post some,I just cant tell you when:lol: You Tube videos documenting what I have seen will also follow at some stage;)

Another post will describe some of the other sports I follow,specifically who I follow and why.

rtgy
03-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I'd like to open a sports chat-thread here;)

First of all I'd just like to say a huge thank you to the non-football lovers for putting up with the interruptions in the normal chat-thread;):hug: I just didn't want you guys to get bored with the football talk especially;)

But now I think its time to open a dedicated sports chat-thread for lovers of other sports,whatever other sport gets your pulse racing, come and talk about it here;)

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I opted for F1...........and Melbourne is coming :rocker:
I'm a HUGE Kimifan :rocker2:

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Okay ... so my most admired sportspeople ... I don't know if this is a cliché or not but I really REALLY admire all the Paralympians and all people with disabilities who compete at the highest level. I have a severe hearing disability myself and while I know it's not the same as a physical disability I do know what it's like to have something that sets you apart from other people. Things like this can make you shy away and hide from the world and get all introverted (I've been there myself) and yet you've got these athletes who totally push their disabilities to one side and train with equal if not more dedication than able-bodied athletes and yet only receive half the credit they deserve. I truly think they're amazing and an inspiration to all that you can achieve anything no matter what! :worship: and :hug: for the paralympians

:worship::hug::bigclap:for you Eimear and the Paralympians.

I suffer from learning disabilities Eimear,I am so on your level and share all of your sentiments and feelings you've expressed here:hug::hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Oh I quite like F1. I got really into it last season when Lewis Hamilton was going for the championship because I'm into it a little and here was this young Brit who took the world by storm. Go Lewis!!!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Wow Di you should be really proud having learning disabilities and going to college! Believe me I know it is NOT easy getting an education with anything like that so I'm proud of you :hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Actually ... while we're on the subject of people I admire ... I wasn't going to post this because I didn't want to think I was obssessed with Man U but I think this deserves a mention. Sir Matt Busby has to be admired for what he did for Manchester United in the wake of the Munich Air disaster. Manchester United lost 8 players (half the team) in the Munich Air Crash and Sir Matt Busby himself nearly died. Yet, he rebuilt the club up from nothing (they played the game following the crash with a blank team sheet on the programme because he had no players) to a club that, a mere 10 years later, won the European Cup. That's got to be worth a mention. And for those of you who aren't familiar with the Munich Air Disaster this is worth a read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster

but-it's-ok
03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks Eimear:hug::hug: You're doing great yourself;):smooch:

Crikey,where have I got to with this??:lol:

Yavor:smooch: F1 fan. I went through a stage when I was:crazy:about it. I knew a guy who went to EVERY RACE,but he moved away so I'm not as into it as I was. I try to keep track:lol:

I got into Moto GP in 2004 after I saw a little Spanish rider on TV racing around Donington Park in the 250cc class. His name..Dani Pedrosa. He's so small, just over 5 feet tall,but the way he handles that motorbike:worship:. He's so tough:worship: I was hooked because he's so much smaller than the rest. He rides so well,he has to work so much harder physically than the rest of the riders. I've been to a few Moto GP races and I'm hooked completely.

I will watch most sports and I love most big sporting events. I have a couple of favourite golfers Adam Scott of Australia, and Sergio Garcia of Spain.

I love snooker too,I have been to the Crucible in Sheffield to watch the World Championships. My all time favourite snooker player is Jimmy White:worship: He and Alex Higgins had some epic matches. My favourite current snooker players are Neil Robertson of Australia, Jamie Cope,Barry Pinches,Mark Selby all of England. Joe Swail:hearts: He has a hearing problem too. He's gorgeous and funny and he's Irish;)

Cricket...I love cricket,I toured Australia's cricket grounds 8 years ago:hearts: I watch Test Matches,1 day matches, County Cricket on TV and go to matches in the summer.

I'm learning about cyclocross. I just adore sport:lol:

Yeah the way Sir Matt Busby rebuilt Man U after the Munich disaster is worthy of a mention;) I completely understand why thats so poignant and heroic for you Eimear;):hug:

MsTree
03-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Di :hug:

My earliest sporting memory is playing with the little boys at the "Distillery End" of Telford St Park while Inverness Caledonian FC were playing a Highland League match somewhere behind us :devil: But I am reliably informed by my mum that my dad left me asleep in my pram outside a pub after a match and went home at closing time without me so I was going to matches from a very early age :lol: In those days everyone had a "big" team but Caley were my big team and after they merged with Inverness Thistle I followed them up the leagues to the dizzy heights of the SPL :devil:
I'll pretty much watch any sport but tennis takes priority, followed by football then rugby and snooker and I love Olympics - Commonwealth Games time!
I admire a lot of sportspeople but imo the toughest sport must be single handed sailing, especially the long races and folk like Ellen MacArthur really have my respect! :)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-13-2009, 12:51 AM
That's what I love about you guys. You really do follow your local teams or at least a team near to you and you follow them passionately. We never had that luxury in Ireland because our Irish league is pretty damn bad and because of the way tv coverage went back in the old days you either supported Liverpool, Man U or Celtic ... they were pretty much the only teams. Nowadays it's a lot better with Sky so there's more variety in the clubs that are supported but most Irish fans would be huge Liverpool/United fans because of the way Irish tv coverage went. The Munich air disaster is incredibly poignant for me, not least because it's my Dad's first memory of supporting United (his father supported them before it). I cried the first time I read about it and seeing the new Munich Memorial Tunnel in the south stand at Old Trafford when I went to the Fulham game made me really emotional too. I'll never understand how Leeds fans can sing songs about Munich. People died and it's just SICK!!!

but-it's-ok
03-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Les thats a funny but lovely story:hug: What year did Inverness Caledonian FC merge with Inverness Thistle? Wow,they really did do brilliantly then:worship:

Eimear,actually it really is shameful that I don't support my local team Chesterfield,but then no-one else in my family does:lol:

I have been to some of their games of course,they are most famous for their 1997 Cup Run when they reached the semi-finals:banana:

To reach the 1997 FA Cup semi finals the Spireites defeated Bristol City, Bolton Wanderers, Nottingham Forest and Wrexham. In the last four they were paired with Middlesbrough and their clash at Old Trafford would go down as one of the competitions greatest and most dramatic games.

Goals from Andy Morris and a Sean Dyche penalty put Chesterfield 2-0 in front and when Middlesbrough had a man sent off it looked as though there would be a third division side in the final for the first time ever. Boro pulled a goal back before the games' crucial moment arrived.

Jonathan Howard, with the goal gaping, sent a shot against the underside of the bar. The ball bounced down well behind the goalline before being cleared. Somehow neither referee or linesman felt able to award the goal and Boro were reprieved.

The game eventually went to extra time and Boro took a 3-2 lead only for Jamie Hewitt to equalise in the last minute to take the game to a replay. Unfortunately Chesterfield's challenge was spent and they went down to a 3-0 defeat.

Eimear I don't understand the mentality of people who sing songs about teams who have been affected by a great tragedy. Its sickening and despicable.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Oh I remember that cup run actually Di. Everyone was rooting for Chesterfield. We knew they wouldn't make it but we had fun cheering them on and they had a bloody good go :lol:

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Oh I quite like F1. I got really into it last season when Lewis Hamilton was going for the championship because I'm into it a little and here was this young Brit who took the world by storm. Go Lewis!!!

O Eimear, first you are a ManU fan, then you like Lewis Hamilton... I am a Liverpool and Ferrari fan :lol:

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 07:55 AM
I used to be a huge football fans, I have supported Liverpool since primary school, the first time when I saw a complete football match on tv. It's strange why I support Liverpool, given that none in my family likes it. My favourite player is Gerrard, Carragher and Redknapp. I have always tried to watch every match and fighting with my family for the tv. When Liverpool came to HK my friends and I went to the stadium to queue up for days for the tickets- we went there probably 4 days in advance and were not even the 1st! The first one had been camping there for more than a week I think. But then I fell seriously ill when Liverpool came to Hong Kong:banghead: I had to give my ticket to my friend and she went there for me. She actually waited for Gerrard in the hotel to get an autograph for me :D
Liverpool actually came for a second time, but that time I didn't go to queue up in advance and all the tickets were sold out pretty soon. I only went to the airport to farewell them. But there were way too many fans there so they could only wave at us briefly before being escorted away.

ellen_
03-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Ai ai, I feel rivalry coming up when the F1 season starts :devil: I'm an Alonso-Vettel fan, but I do like the sport too much to whine when another racer wins (which is gonna happen a lot). If that racer deserves it, I'm happy. But watch out if he didn't deserve it :armed: :p And I am so gonna laugh with your McLaren-Mercedeses and Ferraris if one of my boys win :cool:

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I am amazed many of you watched F1. I can't find a friend around who watches F1, some even asked me what F1 stands for...
I don't like Alonso's personality, just like I don't like Montoya's personality, but when it comes to racing skills, I respect them both. But if it is Hamilton who wins, no way will I be cheering for him.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Does this mean we can't be friends Joey? :sad:

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I guess I have to stay away from this thread whenever ManU and Hamilton win to preserve our friendship Eimear:lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Hah hah ... just wait 'til tomorrow ... we won't be talking then :lol: Man U v Liverpool :woohoo:

gwumwen
03-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Even if I don't talk to you, I still have a ManU fan-my sis- at home. Perhaps I should ask her to post here tomorrow:p

but-it's-ok
03-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Good luck to everyones football teams this weekened:rocker2:

I'm off to Norwich shortly. We're playing Plymouth. We need to win. COME ON YOU YELLOWS:rocker:

Take care everyone,hopefully talk to you all later today:wavey::hug:

ellen_
03-14-2009, 10:35 AM
My yellows should win too, we play at home against Charleroi (ranked 14th). Their defence is one of the worst in Belgium, and since our new super forward Janczyk will definitely play (now that Maazou left)... :dance: Maazou will kick off but is not allowed to play anymore, he will watch the match in the stands and leaves to Moskou tomorrow.

Real Madrid plays at Athtelic Bilbao - and I'm only happy with 3 points! :fiery:

Good luck everyone!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Good luck to everybody's football teams, except Joey's :p (Well I can't be cheering for Liverpool can I? :lol:) I'm looking forward to the United game later and I'll certainly be looking out for the results of your teams girlies. Ellen, just the name Charleroi brings back memories of my time living in France because I used to fly into Charleroi airport whenever I went home and came back 'cause it was then nearest airport :lol: Memories!!!

MsTree
03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
OK good luck to everyone's footie teams today, :)
COME ON THE CALEY JAGS!!!
We're got a six pointer against Killie today. Special good luck to Norwich! :)

And Scotland in the rugby :sad: Not expecting too much, but as long as Italy get beat we might avoid the wooden spoon! :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh yes ... Ireland are playing today too (against Wales I think) so good luck to them and Lesley, good luck to ICT. Those six pointers are vital so I hope you get the result you want :)

MsTree
03-14-2009, 12:06 PM
You're playing us at Murrayfield today Eimear, I'm sure we'll give you all the help you need to remain unbeaten ;) Wales have Italy and France have England tomorrow Allez Les Bleus :devil:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I thought it was Wales for some reason. May the best team win Lesley :) (and don't worry ... I won't gloat when we do :angel:) I have to go with you though... Allez les Bleus:devil:

MsTree
03-14-2009, 12:19 PM
I'll be happy if you beat us by less than 20 points. I'm a lot more realistic about rugby - I tend to err on the hopeful side when it comes to footie or tennis ;)

ellen_
03-14-2009, 12:20 PM
I think I'm gonna watch ManU-Liverpool too, Eimear, until they start broadcasting cycling. I'm not a big fan of English football, but a match like that can be quite exciting.

MsTree
03-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I love Saturdays!!!!!
12.30 Man U v Liverpool
Hibs v Hearts
15.00 Caley Thistle v Kilmarnock
17.00 Scotland v Ireland
18.00 Andy Murray v Montanes
tennis tennis tennis
22.30 Match of the Day
tennis
00.00 ish Gillou v Lu
Heaven :angel:

ellen_
03-14-2009, 12:42 PM
I love Saturdays!!!!!
12.30 Man U v Liverpool
Hibs v Hearts
15.00 Caley Thistle v Kilmarnock
17.00 Scotland v Ireland
18.00 Andy Murray v Montanes
tennis tennis tennis
22.30 Match of the Day
tennis
00.00 ish Gillou v Lu
Heaven :angel:

Wow :lol: Busy day.

For me it will be ManU-Liverpool first (30 minutes or so :p then I will be sick of it), cycling Paris-Nice, cycling Tirreno-Adriatico, hopefully go jogging in between, Lokeren-Charleroi, thinking about Ernie-Andreev in the mean time, rushing home to see Ernie's score, Gilles' match.

I love sports and weekends :hearts:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 12:46 PM
It's a great day to be a sports fan that's for sure!!! For me it's going to be Man U/Liverpool followed by half an hour of the rugby, followed by tennis all night long :lol: Bring it on. I can't wait!!!

ellen_
03-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Torres :hearts: :lick: :kiss:

MsTree
03-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah he's lovely isn't he? :hearts: Must be the tastiest player in the Premiership :)

ellen_
03-14-2009, 02:06 PM
He could play Beauty and the Beast together with Ronaldo :lol: Have you just seen him getting around that player? :worship:

Nando in Belgium :hearts:

ellen_
03-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Boooo :sobbing: How could Reina possibly stop sliding on the grass? He was late, yeah, but whatever he would've done - he could never avoid a clash :awww: Poor Reina, he chose the right corner too. And what the hell did Ronaldo do with his hair? :help: It reminds me a bit of Roddick's new hair cut, which is a bit shorter though.

Sorry, Eimear, that I'm supporting Liverpool a bit ;) Please forgive me :hug: It's all Torres' and Reina's fault.

Woooooooooooooooo Torres :banana: :worship: :hearts: 1-1 (Vidic :spit:)

2nd Woooooooo :banana: 1-2 :lol: Eimear, you're gonna be so mad at me :p :hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm not making any comment :mad: :fiery: I am so angry I can't speak ... Liverpool matches always affect me big time

ellen_
03-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm not making any comment :mad: :fiery: I am so angry I can't speak ... Liverpool matches always affect me big time

I'm sure every match affects you, and I know how it feels. There are still 45 minutes left, you can be angry afterwards if they don't win ;)

Good luck :hug:

port37
03-14-2009, 04:04 PM
I'll do a Q & A style post because I feel like it and it's easy.

What are your favourite sports besides tennis?
The only other sport I'm passionate about is Australian Football, I grew up watching it on tv and going to my Dad's games (he played amateurs) and always enjoyed it. I support Port Adelaide - both the AFL team (Power) and local (Magpies) from whom the AFL club was born. My Dad always lived in the Port Adelaide area and his Dad worked at the Port Adelaide Football Club so it's in my blood! Dad got me my first season ticket when I was 12 and we've been members/season ticket holders every year since. We've also gone to a few interstate games in Melbourne including finals, Heritage Round and Collingwood games, as they're one of our main rivals.

Whats been your funniest experience watching your chosen sport or sports?
Nothing really stands out, every week there's something funny happening in football, whether it be someone funny in the crowd or comedian on tv paying out someone.

What has been the greatest moment you have seen your team/sporting hero achieve?
Easily being at the MCG (home of Australian football) watching the Power win their first premiership in the AFL (they only came into the AFL in 1997, PAFC started in 1870). It was my first time at the MCG and to be apart of it was incredible, it was an exciting game and we beat the team that had won the previous 3 premierships which made it sweeter because no-one picked us to win and evreyone had labelled us chokers after losing in the preliminary finals the previous two years.

Do you have any pictures or videos to share either ones you've done yourselves,or a You Tube moment that describes the fun,the agony,ecstasy?
I was still using an old school camera during the 2004 Grand Final so here's a dodgy photo of a photo of me holding the Holy Grail Tredders style :D
195351 195352 195353

And go Kilmarnock! :lol: I actually have no idea whether that's even football (soccer to me) or rugby but my Mum's from Kilmarnock :)

MsTree
03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
:devil: Kilmarnock are supposed to be playing football :lol:
We've just scored TWICE!!!! :dance: 2-0 to the Caley Jags :D Foran and Black :dance::dance::dance:
Eimear :hug: shocker! At least for the impartial observer it keeps the Premiership title race open for a few games longer and Chelsea can get their act together maybe :devil:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Ah sure ... there's more to life than football I suppose. We're still in a good position to win the league so in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world although it still sucks losing to our biggest and most hated rivals. I'm delighted your team won Les. go them :hug:

MsTree
03-14-2009, 04:34 PM
It's not even half time Eimear! Still plenty of time for it all to unravel :eek:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Oh I thought it was the final score. Sorry. I hope I haven't jinxed your team. The best of luck hun :hug:

MsTree
03-14-2009, 04:51 PM
2-1 HT Caley Thistle :eek:
0-0 HT Norwich

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Come on guys you can do it!

gwumwen
03-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi guys I am just back from school. How did the teams play today?

ellen_
03-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Mine still has to start its game :scared: We start at 8pm CET :unsure: And Real Madrid starts at 10pm.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 05:19 PM
The United/Liverpool match was a heap of crap to be honest and I'm not just saying that because of the result. Both teams played very badly (Man U in particular played some shocking football) and Liverpool had Gerrard and Torres to thank for keeping them in the game. It finished 4-1 to Liverpool and United had Vidic sent off which summed it all up really

MsTree
03-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Norwich just scored! :dance: I'm so glad Di's there! 1-0
My team's still 2-1 up. Don't mention football to Eimear!

gwumwen
03-14-2009, 05:22 PM
The United/Liverpool match was a heap of crap to be honest and I'm not just saying that because of the result. Both teams played very badly (Man U in particular played some shocking football) and Liverpool had Gerrard and Torres to thank for keeping them in the game. It finished 4-1 to Liverpool and United had Vidic sent off which summed it all up really

O gosh it does sound horrible. I always think if you take Gerrard away from Liverpool any team can beat them. At first I wanna watch it at school but they changed the channel to CNN minutes before the match start... should be thankful for them switching the channel or else I would have been swearing in the lounge

gwumwen
03-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Norwich just scored! :dance: I'm so glad Di's there! 1-0
My team's still 2-1 up. Don't mention football to Eimear!
Good luck to your team Les.
O no but I already did.... what should I do?

ellen_
03-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Hurray for Norwich! :banana:

I soon have to take a shower and get ready to leave to the match :dance:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Ah it's okay Les I've calmed down :lol: don't worry about it Joey :hug: I'm okay. Aw that's great news for Norwich and Di. I'm so happy for her :hug: I'm happy your team are still winning Lesley

gwumwen
03-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Ah it's okay Les I've calmed down :lol: don't worry about it Joey :hug: I'm okay. Aw that's great news for Norwich and Di. I'm so happy for her :hug: I'm happy your team are still winning Lesley
:hug:

MsTree
03-14-2009, 05:53 PM
:dance: FT 2-1 :dance:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Aw that's BRILLIANT Lesley :hugs: :woohoo: :banana: :rocker: I'm so happy for you!!! Now let's hope we get a Muzza win and an Irish win in the rugby and a live stream for Gillou and all will be right with my world :lol:

MsTree
03-14-2009, 06:09 PM
FT Norwich 1 Plymouth 0 :dance:

We're now 4 points clear of the bottom, and we're playing the team below us next week. A team we lose to more often than not but hopefully the boys'll be fired up enough :D
My goodness Scotland are 3-0 up in the rugby!!! At least we'll have had the lead at one point in the match :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
And you're still ahead of us Lesley :( We'll need to get some 'ireland's call' going methinks!!! well done to norwich. I feel all left out now :sad:

MsTree
03-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Aw :hug: but you can't feel left out when your footie team is top of (arguably) the best league in the world!!!:p
This is unheard of though, we've been leading this rugby match for nearly half an hour!!!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 06:34 PM
You'll probably win the bloody match too and Andy will lose ... that's the way my day seems to be going!!!

gwumwen
03-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Eimear:hug:
ManU is still and will be the top of the league, Andy will win and we will find a stream to see Gillou! :yeah:

MsTree
03-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Noooooooooo! Andy will be fine :) And so will Gillou :)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I appreciate it :hug: Its nice to come on here when you're feeling down because you're always guaranteed to be cheered up

ellen_
03-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Almost leaving to football :wavey: Good evening, and I see you when I get back ;)

MsTree
03-14-2009, 07:17 PM
:wavey: Ellen
And normal service is resumed in the rugby! :p

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Enjoy the football Ellen :hug: What's the score in the rugby Les? I'm watching Muzza at the mo

MsTree
03-14-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm watching him too but Ireland won 22-15 and a very creditable performance from both teams imo, especially from us as we're normally so bad :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Aw thanks ... a bit of good news. Sorry about Les :hug: but I'm glad you're pleased with your boys' performance. That's all you can ask. Go Murray ... not playing his best but WHAT A PASS to get him those set points ... BRILLIANT!!! And well done on the 1st set

but-it's-ok
03-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Hello my fellow sports lovers:wavey::hug:

Eimear:hug::hug::hug: I watched some of the match in a bar before I went to our game,and mistakes were more the order of the day. Man U hadn't lost for a year at Old Trafford,thats something to be very proud of;):hug: You're still in such a strong position for the title,and have that game in hand;)

Les:woohoo: Great job,so pleased for you,your manager is doing a brilliant job,Butcher has really galvanised your team.

Geez where do I start with our match,we were brilliant from start to finish,but only had one goal to show for it,incredible. We battered them,constantly pouring forward. David Mooney scored again in the 53rd minute. Mooney, on loan from Reading, headed home after 53 minutes after Gary Doherty had nodded back a corner from Sammy Clingan.

Once again Alan Gow had a brilliant game,he and Sammy Clingan have a good understanding.

Some of the football was delightful,we continued where we left off on Tuesday vs Cardiff.

Yet the atmosphere was less lively than on Tuesday night. The scenes of joy at the end were wonderful. I came out of the ground crying with joy,because its great to see this kind of football,from my team again :dance: :banana: :woohoo:

And our Under 18 team beat the old enemy Ipswich earlier in the day:banana:

The only blot was the weather:lol: We didn't get much sun today:lol:

Pics to come;)

The rugby was close,well done to both teams;) Congratulations and comisserations to you Eimear and Les:hug:;)

As usual thanks for your support guys,you're awesome:kiss:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Di, sounds like you had a great time at the match :hug: Things are starting to look up for you and I'm REALLY delighted to hear that. Can't wait to see the pics too ... hopefully you're in one of them ;) Yeah Man U were woeful today. The defense was a shambles. I was devastated after the match, couldn't stop crying for about an hour because we weren't just beaten ... we were humiliated but then I came on here and was reassured by Lesley and Ellen so thanks guys :hug: Same as you were saying, we've got the game in hand, we're still in a strong position etc so I feel a lot better about things now. Murray won, Ireland won and I've set up a Bet 365 account to watch the Gilles match so my day is looking up :) I'm really pleased for you Di :)

ellen_
03-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Di, I'm delighted that your team did well again. I sure can imagine that you had some tears from joy :banana: Really happy for you :kiss:

Before the match, I already thought that I had better not watched ManU-Liverpool - I would make a comparison again with Belgium football, which is terrible and sad and pathetic... I have not much to say about the match, besides that both teams sucked and that the referee should buy some glasses. The match ended at 0-0, no one deserved more than 1 point. Point final.

One picture, just to show you my team. You can see Maazou saying goodbye. The player with him is our captain, Doll. And in the back on the right, you can see my favourite Killian Overmeire.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/13027011.jpg

Eimear O'Mahony
03-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the pic Ellen. I'm sorry the result didn't go your way but 1 point is better than 0 :hug: So that's what the famous Maazou looks like. You can tell he's a bit of a diva :lol: That player on the right is cute actually :)

but-it's-ok
03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Ellen:hug::hug: Thanks for the pic. The team said their for what Maazou did for Lokeren,well that was decent of them anyhow. No-one will lose sleep over him,another chapter over - another happier one to come;):hug: I always like to see Killian:hatoff:

ellen_
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM

Eimear, I'm glad you like him too :aplot:

ellen_
03-15-2009, 02:24 PM
After 3 hours of sleep, and after a horrible badminton match (lost BIG time) - I went to a cycling race that started in my city. It was not a big race, but it's always nice to see some tanned, muscled legs cyclists and to experience the craziness about that sport in Belgium.

I took some pictures, if someone is interested - they are here :): http://picasaweb.google.com/ellenv88/CyclingOmloopVanHetWaasland#5313395531564098802

Eimear O'Mahony
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah I do Ellen he's cute. Just looked at your pics. I quite like cycling actually but I find you stand around waiting for a couple of hours and then they whizz past you in 2 seconds. We had a stage of the Tour de France a few years back and we stood around for 2 hours and then they sprinted past us and it was over within 20 seconds :lol: Great buzz though

but-it's-ok
03-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Love the photos Ellen,thanks:hug: What was the total distance they had to cover?

ellen_
03-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Love the photos Ellen,thanks:hug: What was the total distance they had to cover?

191 km :)

but-it's-ok
03-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Time to hide behind the curtains folks:lol::rolls: Did someone want me to put a pic of myself up here?:scratch:

WANTED FOR QUESTIONING:lol::rolls::help: Well you can always admire my Norwich City T shirt, and the special blue adidas hoody on the back of my chair instead:lol:

OK:o

Eimear O'Mahony
03-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh GGGRRR How TYPICAL is this??? Di finally posts a pic of herself and the stupid attachment won't work for me :fiery: Oh I'm going to get mad now!!! Thanks for posting it anyhow though Di hun :hug: and I'm sure I'll get it when the attachments are back to normal. Thanks :hug:

but-it's-ok
03-19-2009, 11:32 AM
I can see the thumbnail but the attachment is very slow to appear,might be a blessing:lol:.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah I can see the thumbnail but its too small to really see ... maybe you could mail it to me Di?

but-it's-ok
03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah I can see the thumbnail but its too small to really see ... maybe you could mail it to me Di?

Done;)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-19-2009, 08:11 PM
I got it hun and I PMd you. You look great!!! Really sweet :hug:

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 05:10 AM
fave sports, tennis, tennis and tennis. also like shopping, dancing and tanning.:D
seriously, the most popular here are: football (don't like it) basketball, quite funny, cycling, love it, moto gp (love it also) and f1. I also like swimming a lot, probably my 2nd fave sport, so relaxing! When I was a teen and had more time I practise everything, maybe tried more than 10! even fencing or archery.:)

ellen_
03-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Di! You're such a cutiepie! :hug: You really do look like a very sweet woman, and I have no idea why you describe yourself as 'old' everytime. You don't look old to me :confused: So...are you gonna come on facebook now? :p And I can see your hoodie on the picture btw! :kiss:

Isabelle, you like cycling! :banana: There are not much cycling fans here :awww: Do you support a particular team or rider? I'm a Team Saxo Bank fan. It's really sad what happened to the reputation of Spanish riders btw :awww: I like Sastre, Contador and Pereiro Sio but everyone gives me a "you must be kidding"-look when I tell that. I hate it.

And I gotta talk about the new F1 rules... The one who wins the most GP's becomes worldchamp. WTF? I hate that stinky rule, it just puts the teams with the best cars (read: more money) in the advantage AGAIN. Grrrrr :fiery:

People, big news: I'm NOT going to watch my football team this week :rolleyes: I'm doubting already though, I feel awful when I let them down.

but-it's-ok
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Isabelle you love Moto GP,please tell me more,I do too:hearts: Who is your favourite rider? I am:crazy:about Dani Pedrosa. The British race doesn't clash with any tennis this year so I can go:woohoo:

Ellen I wondered about how you would react to that new rule in F1. Totally agree with your views.money is killing so many sports right now. Its having an impact on Moto GP too,they're going to cut down practice sessions:speakles:
Don't feel guilty about not wanting to go to watch Lokeren;) You're very loyal to them,sometimes its difficult to be fired up for every game,especially at this stage of the season,its a drain on the emotions:lol:

I feel like not going to Birmingham this weekend to watch Norwich,cos they're doing so well,2nd in the League. But there aren't many games left,my team needs me for the battle for survival in the Championship. We got hit by a suspension to Darel Russell for 2 games and Wes Hoolahan has to sit out the rest of the season,his ankle is damaged:sobbing: But we have at least 700 fans going to Birmingham tomorrow and it'll be great to be part of that. We're facing a guy who used to play with us,the guy who broke Eduardo's leg(Martin Taylor):fiery: His kids wear Norwich shirts but he says he's a true blue:spit::spit::rolleyes:

Yesterday we signed an enemy:fiery: We signed Alan Lee who was playing for our rivals Ipswich until recently. He's come from Crystal Palace,and he'll be with us until the end of the season. He can get the goals that keep us up and err leave by the nearest exit door and quickly:lol:

Our final home game vs Reading is live on TV. Its been switched from Saturday 25th April to the Monday evening. Now I really am:scared:yet excited:banana: I'm going through so many emotions already thinking of that match We need 3 wins before then. Should we get them I think we'll be safe from relegation.

Thanks for the nice words about the pic of me Ellen and Eimear:hug::hug: Facebook,we'll see;) I am registered on there,but thats it:lol: So far I have only logged in to look at nice tennis picture albums:lol:

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Isabelle you love Moto GP,please tell me more,I do too:hearts: Who is your favourite rider? I am:crazy:about Dani Pedrosa. The British race doesn't clash with any tennis this year so I can go:woohoo:

Hi Di!!! of course I do, moto gp is very poular in Spain! :), there are 3 races in the claendar, I always go to Montmelo, it's the biggest sporting event in Catalonia, more than 130 000 spectators on sunday, the atmosphere is unbeliable, some of my friends are motogp fanatics...and yes; Pedrosa is my fave spanish rider of course!!:worship: , I admire a lot Rossi, who doesn't? and Bautista and Elias are very cool guys also. Don't know what to say about Pedrosa, he has a very difficult personality to describe, if you are interested I'll give you my thoughts about him, it's not easy. He is under big pressure to be the next big Spanish champion and with Rossi and Stoner around it's not easy. Pedrosa and Lorenzo are like night and day. Are you going to Donington Park? so cool!! I like the track and the atmosphere a lot, you'll have plenty of fun. moto gp fans are different! :)

Edit: in your sig, seems you like some spanish players and you pick the friendliest!
why do you like Valencia CF? I don't follow football. Who is Martinez?

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Isabelle[/B], you like cycling! :banana: There are not much cycling fans here :awww: Do you support a particular team or rider? I'm a Team Saxo Bank fan. It's really sad what happened to the reputation of Spanish riders btw :awww: I like Sastre, Contador and Pereiro Sio but everyone gives me a "you must be kidding"-look when I tell that. I hate it.

And I gotta talk about the new F1 rules... The one who wins the most GP's becomes worldchamp. WTF? I hate that stinky rule, it just puts the teams with the best cars (read: more money) in the advantage AGAIN. Grrrrr :fiery:

People, big news: I'm NOT going to watch my football team this week :rolleyes: I'm doubting already though, I feel awful when I let them down.

Hi Ellen! :) I am surprised, I thought cycling was very popular in Belgium, Merckx....In Spain it's one of the sevent big sports, we have some good riders: I love Contador! he is one of my idols now! he has a great story behind! he almost lost his life in an horror crash some years ago. I agree about the comments you made, there are too many cheaters in clycling but I also believe the antidoping controls are gret and sadly the stages of the nig races are insane for the riders.
I don't follow F1, but I agree, it's not about who wins more, it's about who is more consistent, I guess they want to make f1 more popular, it's quite boring with almost not overtaking.

Which is your fave club? Anderlecht?

but-it's-ok
03-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Isabelle:wavey:

Dani does have a different personality thats for sure. He's slowly becoming a more outgoing person. He's so small,I sometimes think that has something to do with the way he projects himself. I do remember him showing his emotions when he wins races,but of course he's never going to be a showman like Rossi. His team are very protective of him. Some guys just do their work and go home:lol: I love him for his courage and he is nice in person;) I:worship: him.

Bautista:worship: He's like I want Dani to be personality wise. I also like Casey Stoner. Jorge,the lollipop man:lol:. Sete Gibernau is back in Moto GP this year,the old rivalry between he and Rossi is alive again. Cant wait for that. Elias doesn't have much luck does he:awww:

I have been to Valencia circuit:inlove: Such a great circuit,those fireworks:dance: Fabulous atmosphere. I would love to go to Jerez and Catalunya circuits too.

Yes I'll be going to Donington Park. I've been a couple of times. Its either pouring with rain or too hot:lol: I like the track and atmosphere,but the food isn't so good:lol:. I want to go to the Day of Champions there again this year.

I follow Valencia because of David Villa. I fell in love with Valencia when I visited the city on holiday a few years ago. I have pictures which I will post some time They're falling on hard times,they are struggling financially.

Roberto Martinez. He is a football manager,who played for many English clubs prior to that. He has played for Wigan,Walsall and Swansea. He now manages Swansea, and took them up a division last season. I am very impressed with the way he coaches football,his passion and desire to succeed. The way he speaks English is just gorgeous:drool: I'll find a video of him;)

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Dani is very shy and very serious but he can also be very funny!
as you said he is small and it's more diicult for him but his work rate is excellent! and he is talented! Yes, he is the guy of the team, everybody loves him!;) and he is hot, don't you think?

Bautista is the coolest! I can not stand Lorenzo, sorry, he has a bitter rivalry with Pedrosa.
Ste is back, he had an amazing tradition in his family and now he is focused after finishing dating and plannnig a wedding with model Cañadas.

I love the races when it rains, it's bad for the spectators but you can see real action and crazy.
I have also been to Cheste, the last time for a concert! it's a great place! :)

but-it's-ok
03-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Dani is VERY hot:lol::lick: I'm glad you like him so much Isabelle:hug:

Jorge and Dani definitely don't get on,its easy to see why. I remember a 250cc race when Jorge barged Dani and left Dani with his exhaust hanging off and yet he still finished the race and won:lol: Dani had a big smile on his face that day at the top of the rostrum:dance: The camera went inside Jorge's garage and caught his very slightly guilty expression:lol:

Jorge does amuse me with the lollipops though,but I don't like him as a rider.

I dread the:rain:because Dani doesn't like riding in it,it makes him extra cautious,although he is improving this too.

I hope he makes the opening race in Losail,he had a crash in testing recently and his knee is injured again. He won't be able to start to bend his knee until a week before the race they say:eek::help:

ellen_
03-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi Ellen! :) I am surprised, I thought cycling was very popular in Belgium, Merckx....In Spain it's one of the sevent big sports, we have some good riders: I love Contador! he is one of my idols now! he has a great story behind! he almost lost his life in an horror crash some years ago. I agree about the comments you made, there are too many cheaters in clycling but I also believe the antidoping controls are gret and sadly the stages of the nig races are insane for the riders.
I don't follow F1, but I agree, it's not about who wins more, it's about who is more consistent, I guess they want to make f1 more popular, it's quite boring with almost not overtaking.

Which is your fave club? Anderlecht?

Anderlecht??! :eek: I need a puke-smiley now :p I support Lokeren, the team of my home city. We're a modest, small, nice, mediocre club but at least we're not as arrogant as Anderlecht or any of the other big clubs in first league.

:lol: I meant there weren't much cycling fans here on Gilles' forum. Cycling is the most popular sport in Belgium! I know about Contador's life story, yes. He impresses me even more since I know about that.

isabelle86
03-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Anderlecht??! :eek: I need a puke-smiley now :p I support Lokeren, the team of my home city. We're a modest, small, nice, mediocre club but at least we're not as arrogant as Anderlecht or any of the other big clubs in first league.

:lol: I meant there weren't much cycling fans here on Gilles' forum. Cycling is the most popular sport in Belgium! I know about Contador's life story, yes. He impresses me even more since I know about that.

LOL! I just said Anderlecht because it's the most famous club, didn't know about Anderlecht being arrogant. I like a lot you root for your local club and does not matter if they are small!:worship: For you, imho it's the best! ;):) I don't follow football at all, not la liga or the champions league, only watch matches with other friends but not really interest.

I like cycling a lot! I always do 3 hours at least in the gym and then in weekends I go to places with my friends. Keep me in shape! it's very funny and you meet very healthy and nice people! :)

gwumwen
03-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Time to hide behind the curtains folks:lol::rolls: Did someone want me to put a pic of myself up here?:scratch:

WANTED FOR QUESTIONING:lol::rolls::help: Well you can always admire my Norwich City T shirt, and the special blue adidas hoody on the back of my chair instead:lol:

OK:o
Please dont tell me you have removed the attachments already, Di... I wanna see your pic but I can't see anything in the attachment. It's just a pure technical problem of the forum and it will be fine later so I can see your pic, am I right? Please tell me I am....

but-it's-ok
03-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Don't worry Joey;) I haven't removed the pic,there indeed a technical problem with attachments on MTF at the moment. One minute I can see the photo,next time it looks its gone altogether:lol: It might show up again soon,but don't count on it in this place:lol:

ellen_
03-20-2009, 08:30 PM
LOL! I just said Anderlecht because it's the most famous club, didn't know about Anderlecht being arrogant. I like a lot you root for your local club and does not matter if they are small!:worship: For you, imho it's the best! ;):) I don't follow football at all, not la liga or the champions league, only watch matches with other friends but not really interest.

I like cycling a lot! I always do 3 hours at least in the gym and then in weekends I go to places with my friends. Keep me in shape! it's very funny and you meet very healthy and nice people! :)

:yeah: Very good. Unfortunately, I prefer to watch cycling in stead of doing it myself :lol: I would like it if I had to be the first who rides over a finishline and win a prize, but not when I just ride around without going anywhere :p I've been very lazy past winter :o but it's spring now so I should start with something again if I want to be in shape before RG :aplot:

They postponed the point system change in F1 until 2010, because no one seems to agree :p No wonder, tsss.

but-it's-ok
03-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone,whatever is your other sporting pleasure today,hope it turns out well for your team/Country;):hug:

I'm off to Birmingham praying for a win for Norwich:rocker2:

Later:wavey::hug:

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi Di! good luck for your club Norwich City at St.Andrews! :)

your knowledge of moto gp is awesome!! :worship:

ellen_
03-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone,whatever is your other sporting pleasure today,hope it turns out well for your team/Country;):hug:

I'm off to Birmingham praying for a win for Norwich:rocker2:

Good luck Norwich! :bounce:

I'm just going to watch our match at the pub. It's a 2h30 drive to Bergen and I'm not really into that :rolleyes: It's always an awful match against Bergen anyway. At the pub might be more fun, but I still feel a bit guilty :awww:

Cycling - This afternoon I'm gonna watch Milan-Sanremo! :banana: Without Cancellara and Frank Schleck :bigcry: I hope Andy Schleck can do something, although the team is not complete without Fabian and Frank :awww:, but I'm tipping on Pozzato, Chavanel or Boonen!

MsTree
03-21-2009, 12:12 PM
More good luck to Norwich! :D And Lokeren! :)
My team needs a bit of good fortune today, we've got another six pointer, against Falkirk. I would usually be happy with a draw as we usually get done over by Falkirk but this one's too important. Come on the Caley Jags!!! :D
And Scotland v England in the rugby. I think we're going to get humped :sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Good luck to everyone today - ICT, Norwich, Man U, Ireland, England and Ellen's team (Lorengren or something?) United need it. They're already 1-0 down and Paul Scholes was sent off :eek:

MsTree
03-21-2009, 04:42 PM
HT Falkirk 1-0 Caley Thistle :eek:
HT Brum 1-0 Norwich :eek:
England 0-3 Scotland :D

ellen_
03-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Good luck to everyone today - ICT, Norwich, Man U, Ireland, England and Ellen's team (Lorengren or something?) United need it. They're already 1-0 down and Paul Scholes was sent off :eek:

:scratch: Lokeren :p

Cycling - I was wrong :rolleyes: Mark Cavendish won, damn that guy is fast :eek:

Good luck to ICT! Hope they can still make it :awww: And come on Norwich!

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 05:05 PM
oh well, if there's a beautiful stadium where United can lose it's the Cottage,(innocent) I went there when I was living in Mayfair, to the Cottage, Highbuty, The Valley and Brisbane Road.

Norwich trails 1-0 at Birmingham, HT! :sad:
Cavendish won the Milan-San Remo! stunning performance!
fearsome racing! Armstrong disappointng!

I guess ICT is Inverness C.T.

MsTree
03-21-2009, 05:22 PM
I guess ICT is Inverness C.T.

Aye Isabelle, or Caley Thistle :)

1-1 Norwich!!! :D
1-0 Caley Thistle :sad:
12-3 Scotland :(

MsTree
03-21-2009, 05:24 PM
2-0 Caley Thistle :sad: :sad:

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 05:32 PM
the score at Twickenham is not good!!! :sad::sad::sad:

Les, who is for you the best Scottish sportsmen of all time alive? I am curious!

ellen_
03-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Aye Isabelle, or Caley Thistle :)

1-1 Norwich!!! :D
1-0 Caley Thistle :sad:
12-3 Scotland :(

:eek: Woops! I don't know anything about rugby though. Is it still going on?

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Daknam Stadion! :)
http://www.sporting.be/images/daknamstadion_s.jpg

MsTree
03-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Scotland aren't getting beaten as badly as I expected!!! So far anyway ;)
I'm more concerned by the score in Falkirk! And our keeper's just been sent off :eek: The commentators aren't even sure why! :sad: And they've just scored from the resulting penalty 3-0 :bigcry:

Tough question about the greatest Scottish sportsman, imo Andy Murray's probably going to be in with a shout by the end of his career. Archie Gemmill caused widespread partying across Scotland at the WC in Argentina in 78 but you could name loads of footballers and managers who would all have merit - Jock Stein, Jimmy Johnstone, Alex ferguson, Kenny Dalgleish. Chris Hoy is Scotland's greatest ever Olympian with his four golds over 2 Games. But as a nation we seem to be better at pub games, so we've loads of good snooker players and darts players too :devil:

FT Falkirk 4 Caley Thistle 0 :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

ellen_
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Daknam Stadion! :)
http://www.sporting.be/images/daknamstadion_s.jpg

I told you we're a small and modest club :p We don't need a big stadium... :o

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Ellen, I LOVE modest clubs and small stadiums! :worship::)

wish you will enjoy the match at the pub! :)
good luck to KSC Lokeren!:)

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0017/7797/brand.gif

(Rooney needs some anger management, also sent off, Fulham wins 2-0)

ellen_
03-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Ellen, I LOVE modest clubs and small stadiums! :worship::)

wish you will enjoy the match at the pub! :)
good luck to KSC Lokeren!:)

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/brands/0017/7797/brand.gif

(Rooney needs some anger management, also sent off, Fulham wins 2-0)

Unfortunately we're not KSC Lokeren anymore :awww: Our president bought a team from the city next to Lokeren to get together with us, so the name had to be changed. We're now called Sporting Lokeren Oost-Vlaanderen, like you see in the logo. We had another (more beautiful) logo before too. Every real Lokeren fan is still mad because of this change :)

MsTree
03-21-2009, 06:15 PM
:lol: Isabelle good for you! Big isn't always better! :)
Our stadium's max capacity is 7200 odd, and it's full for about a dozen fixtures a season. One side is terracing which we're not allowed to use which makes me mad as I would much rather stand with my mates and get the crack rather than sit far away from them and get no crack :o

Our stadium being built
http://www.stadiumguide.com/caledonian1.jpg
As it is now
http://www.ticket4football.com/venueimages/108_large.jpg
South Stand
http://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/inverness42.jpg

It's 21-12 in the rugby. We're not getting humped! :eek:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Manchester United 0-2 Fulham :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Rooney got sent off for throwing the ball at the ref apparently. I didn't see it :( Sounds like your afternoon is as good as mine then Les :rolleyes: Erm ... allow me to throw forward another name for greatest Scottish sportsman Les ... Sir Matt Busby. He opened the door for English clubs into Europe, re-built Man U from the ashes of Munich, won the CL 10 years after Munich and was the first to show faith in 'kids'. He definitely has to be in the mix. In fairness, though, Sir Alex has got to be right up there. You can't argue with what he's achieved in football so he'd be my pick tbh. Perhaps if Andy wins a few grand slams he could rival him but not just yet. In time though who knows?

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Elllen, why did he need to buy another club? dunno

the old logo is outstanding!! so classic!!

http://uefaclubs.com/images/KSC-Lokeren.png"]http://http://uefaclubs.com/images/KSC-Lokeren.png

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 06:23 PM
:lol: Isabelle good for you! Big isn't always better! :)
Our stadium's max capacity is 7200 odd, and it's full for about a dozen fixtures a season. One side is terracing which we're not allowed to use which makes me mad as I would much rather stand with my mates and get the crack rather than sit far away from them and get no crack :o

As it is now
http://www.ticket4football.com/venueimages/108_large.jpg

It's 21-12 in the rugby. We're not getting humped! :eek:

I love a terrace in a stadium! as you said great place to see the match!! :D
I think ICT has a great history, it's far away in the north of Scotland and only promoted to the top flight recently! kind of story that won the hearts! :)

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 06:26 PM
you're posting unforgettable legends of Scotitsh sports but oh well I am going to cry :sad: friends seem to not remember one of my all time favorites fave sportsman, he is loved in Barcelona.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Yup ... I thought the question was Scottish sportspeople but I think I know who you're talking about ... if you're into cycling ... are we talking Miguel Indurain?

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 06:32 PM
no Eimear, only Scotland and he is adored in Barcelona.
Indurain is probably the best Spaniard, also Seve and Manolo and the most important is Samaranch

sory to watch United losing but Liv'pool are still 1 point behind and more inconsistent! don't worry

Eimear O'Mahony
03-21-2009, 06:35 PM
A Scot who is loved in Barcelona? I'm a little confused tbh. My brain is a little slow I'm afraid. Who do you mean? :hug:

MsTree
03-21-2009, 06:36 PM
? I have no idea Isabelle! Tennis and football are my major sports and I find it difficult to believe any Scottish footballer has made an impression in Barcelona :lol: And Andy is our first and only tennis player...

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 06:48 PM
he was not usually as fast as others over one lap -or several ones on a trot- but his tactical approach in order to win races and titles, his intelligence of racing, were masterful and unequalled. His personal record reflects it clearly and the Montjuic Circuit portion of the cake is a good sample,
Montjuic, site of the Summer games in the mountain, most daunting and challenging spanish circuit ever, separating boys from men, when racing was dangerous and sex safe, the best circuit in Barcelona ever.
Altogether 6 races with the best in the business, 3 wins, once more in the roastrum, leading from flag to flag,fast in the wet, unnaproachable, unforgettable memories, one of the kings of Barcelona. who can claim a better score?
Sir Jackie.

and in another race at the olympic mountain 5 years before, the circuit became shocked and silent as louspeakers announced that Jim Clark has lost in life in an accident in Germany. Many fans cried bitterly that day in Barcelona.

Stewart & Clark, 2 of the all time faves in Barcelona, both from Scotland and sadly what could have been the best rivalry in f1 history.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Oh okay! I profess to know nothing about F1 so I can only apologise for not getting it

MsTree
03-21-2009, 06:53 PM
when racing was dangerous and sex safe
:lol: Nice line! :D

I'd forgotten about F1 tbh, although I nearly added Colin McRae into my list... That's fantastic he is so honoured in Barcelona! (I knew it couldn't have been a footballer!)

ellen_
03-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Elllen, why did he need to buy another club? dunno

the old logo is outstanding!! so classic!!

http://uefaclubs.com/images/KSC-Lokeren.png"]http://http://uefaclubs.com/images/KSC-Lokeren.png

Because that club was bankrupt and chose to be bought by us over 'dying completely' :shrug:

The old logo :hearts:

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 07:00 PM
doesn't matter Eimear, :) who is for you the best Irish of all time? I guess pehaps BEST
Stephen Roche was popular here and Harrington is very good at the moment.
I have no idea about gaelic games best athletes, sorry.
do you like hurling? I was so impressed in Dublin, it's a dangerous sport!

ellen_
03-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Eimear, I'm sorry about ManU :awww: :hug:

I'm going to the pub now :wavey: :unsure:

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Les, Steve Archibald was very popular in Barcelona, he played for the 2 clubs of the city.
McRae, yeah! another great champion!!

Ellen, at least the club was saved, the stadium was maybe built in 30's or 50's and many unforgettable matches played there and the stadium is still there.
see ya and have fun in the pub!! :)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I like hurling actually. I don't like Gaelic football but if Waterford are playing in the hurling I'll watch it. It's a very fast-paced game and Waterford always seem to do well (We got to the All Ireland final this year and my local club team got to the All Ireland club final). Stephen Roche wasn't so great ... he admitted he was on drugs when he won the T de F so that spoiled him for me. Its VERY hard to say who's the greatest Irish sportsperson because Ireland have never been big in sport, apart from soccer. I would actually say Sean Kelly is the greatest Irish sportman ever. I've had the privelege of meeting him. He's a really nice guy and he did a LOT for Irish sport, not just cycling so yup Sean Kelly would be my answer

Eimear O'Mahony
03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Aw thanks Ellen that's really nice of you :hug: Enjoy the match. Hope your team win :wavey:

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 07:59 PM
when I was living in Artane, hurling was the sport, very popular, all the boys were playing hurling instead of "english" football. I was very surprised and well I loved the guys who played hurling! ;) they were so cute! :D field hockey is also popular in Barcelona, great tradition in summer games.
if your local club got to the big final probably the game was played at Croke Park! as well as Waterford. To play in Croke Park is the biggest honour for an Irish, it's the cathedral of gaelic sports. :worship:
Roche, oh well, he beat Delgado that year and you know they all cheat, only the best who won more are respected and don't get caught, it happens in other sports, maybe also in tennis. ;)
I remember your swimmer who won all those gold medals in Atlanta.
Sonia O'Sullivan was a great inspiration and a wonderful athlete.:)
Sean Kelly was great, he won la Vuelta, great you have the chance of talking to him. ;)
IMHO Ireland is a big country in sports. :cool:

MsTree
03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
For Northern Ireland you would have to go with George Best :)

Well done Ireland for winning the Six Nations, and well done Italy for getting the wooden spoon! :dance: It wasn't us!!! :D

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Sorry, I know it is a sensitive issue, Best was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
in Rugby, there's only 1 Ireland.

Congratluations to IRELAND!!(love the name Eire) on winning again the Six Nations.:worship:
WELL DONE!!! :D
Italy, don't know what they do in this event, they always finish last. sad.

Argentineans have the level to try to compete in the Tri Nations but Italy in the Six nations, maybe not.

oh well, I am nervous, one of my fave. players is in action right now: Vamos Andy!!! :)

MsTree
03-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh good stuff Isabelle another Andy fan :)
I'm watching a stream and it keeps stopping, so frustrating!!!
Nice to hear the crowd behind Andy rather than Roger :)
And I keep all my nerves for watching Gillou :devil:

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 09:51 PM
what is the stream? did you try channelsurfing?

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 09:53 PM
spanish tv commentator is Corretja and he will again coach Andy! I am VERY HAPPY! Corretja won twice the Edberg award!!
Andy has million of fans in Spain, Corretja is one of the best sports commentator ever here!

MsTree
03-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah it's happening on both Channelsurfing and on Bet365.
It's always happening during the points too and not the bits between points or changeovers! At least the audio keeps going so I'm keeping up with the action :)

He's been coaching him on clay the last couple of seasons hasn't he? Hopefully it'll pay off! :)

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 10:03 PM
LOL! Liz, I see I am not the only one who has a fake account on Bet365!! the feed at bet365.com is working very well!!

MsTree
03-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Oh it's not a fake account I have, it's funded with my winnings from Bet365's poker tables :devil:
If both streams are fine for you, maybe it's my internet. At least I can keep up with the match and I'll download it later and watch it properly :)

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Last year Corretja helped Murray through the clay court season and the men will join forces again when the tour moves back to Europe in April.
But Murray believes that the former world No.2 has much more to offer than a few tips on playing on the slow red dirt.
Murray said: "It's a little bit disrespectful for everyone to think Alex can only help you on a clay court. The guy was a great player on most surfaces.
"I'm not going to spend loads of time with him. I love the work that's going on with my coach, Miles Maclagan, but I just think that some weeks it's good to be apart.
"I'll spend seven or eight weeks a year with Alex but whether it's four practice weeks and four weeks at tournaments, we'll wait and see."
Corretja's influence last year worked well and quickly. The Scot reached the third round at the French Open, the Hamburg Masters and the Monte Carlo Masters.
The Spaniard said: "I had so much fun with him and I didn't know if that would happen.
"First of all I didn't know if I was going to be able to understand their jokes, because when they talk to each other so fast it's difficult to get it. He likes to make a lot of jokes."
It is the fact that Corretja is one of the nicest and most popular men around the tennis tour that makes him a perfect match for Murray.
And Alex will have different ideas, different drills - it's good to keep your mind fresh.
"It worked in the clay court season last year and I think it'll help on other courts as well."
Corretja is also an extremely talented football tennis player - and that is as important to Murray as any advice the Spaniard has to offer.
Most practice sessions end with a fiercely competitive tennis football match. And Murray likes to win He said: "Alex is very good.
He's not as good as me and Miles, but he's good. That's one of the reasons I want to keep working with him."

NICE!!!!

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Ellen is quite happy at the moment! :) Mons-Bergen 0 - 2 Lokeren final score!! :)

MsTree
03-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Good at least a couple of our teams got points today :)
:sad::bigcry:

ellen_
03-21-2009, 10:21 PM
:banana: We won, indeed! 0-2. We played an awful first half, a player from Bergen got sent off in the 2nd and then we started to play well. I'm not really proud of it, but sometimes it can be even harder to play against 10. The most important thing is that we got the 3 points :yeah:

My friend brought another friend with him, a referee. A very handsome, nice, funny guy :hearts: but GAY :banghead: damnit :bigcry:

Now waiting for Rafa-Andy :dance: I'm still wondering who to support...

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 10:26 PM
oh but the season is far from over, there are plenty of chances that all of you will see your clubs winning again! always hope! :)

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Congrats Ellen!!! :) nice report! :)
a gay referee, funny!! LOL!

Rafa-Andy, since Rafa has won this event before and Andy has never reached the final. I want to see a Andy vs Andy final.

ellen_
03-21-2009, 10:33 PM
I support Andy since...whole my life. So I will probably root for him automatically.

The stupid thing about that hot referee is that I didn't even know he was gay! :o He doesn't act or look like one. I knew it just in time, before I wanted to grab him :p

MsTree
03-21-2009, 10:35 PM
:lol: Gay ref
i-3cuCEt9k8

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Liz!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship::lol:
OMG!:lol::lol: you made me laugh very loudly!!:lol: can not stop!!! :lol:best and most hilarious video I have seen in a long time!!!! :lol::yeah: :worship:

ellen_
03-21-2009, 10:50 PM
:rolls: I wish he was more like that actually. It would make it easier for me :lol: But my friend (also gay) took him to his place :crying2: I can surely forget about convincing him of taking a woman in stead of a man :p

Murray :eek:

but-it's-ok
03-21-2009, 10:52 PM
First of all Les,Eimear,:hug::hug::hug::awww::awww: I am still very confident that things will still turn out fine for both your teams;)

Ellen:hug: 2 goals in the 2nd half:woohoo: Well done to Lokeren - I see that David Janczyk scored again and Yoav Ziv too:dance:

I am very pleased that Ireland won the Grand Slam in the rugby,a dramatic finish. Craig and I listened to the game on the way home,Craig was pretty ecstatic:dance: We're gonna watch the game properly tomorrow,we recorded it.

Our game vs Birmingham. Unbelieveable. First thing to say was that I was in amongst 2,000 Norwich fans who had made the trip(almost double the number that was expected):worship: We played really well,I can honestly say Birmingham were very fortunate to get away with a point,they scored against the run of play when they were gifted a goal courtesy of our keeper, David Marshall,who dropped a cross. He was then was impeded as Cameron Jerome rolled the ball into an empty net - the refere let the goal stand:shrug: We had the ball in the net as early as the 4th minute of the game when central defender Jason Shackell headed in,but he was offside:( Alan Gow looked lively yet again,and had 3 attempts at goal in the 1st half.

The decisive moment for Norwich came after a trip by Carsley on Mooney gave the Canaries their own free-kick just a few yards outside the penalty area and it produced a superb equaliser through Clingan after 53 minutes. Simon Lappin(who was playing his first game for 18 months):worhsip: initially stood over the ball with Sammy Clingan but he then left it to his fellow midfielder to strike a perfect, curling right-foot shot past Taylor for his fourth goal of the season.

It took Birmingham 67 minutes to win their first corner:lol:

There were appeals for hand-ball by from our fans as Gow tried to turn onto a throw-in from Bertrand but the official was unmoved and, as the visitors continued to threaten, Gow brought Taylor into action with a well-struck volley. When play resumed, a long throw into the Norwich area was flicked on by Jaidi but Shackell was in the right place to head clear.

With 8 minutes left in the game we were finally under some pressure and Jon Otsemobor conceded another corner, cutting out a cross from Sinclair. Doherty got his head to Larsson's kick and the ball went out for a throw-in by the right corner flag.

As the minutes ticked away, Otsemobor made a couple of important headed clearances and then the pressure was relieved when Norwich won a free-kick after Gary Doherty was fouled. Marshall then produced an excellent save:worship:,tipping over a header from Phillips after a cross supplied by Murphy.

I'm absolutely delighted with the way we played,the players can be very proud of the way they fought after the dubious goal conceded late in the 1st half, the lads never hung their heads, and battled hard when they needed to. We outplayed them for long periods of the game,I am believing more and more that we can stay up,the backing we gave the team today was outstanding:bigclap:to them all. :shout:I have lost my voice from screaming encouragement:lol:

I'm very tired,so am logging off now. Until tomorrow:wavey::hug:

MsTree
03-21-2009, 10:54 PM
I was :eek: when he fell over but Fed just handed him loads of points after that to make up for it :p
I'll have to support Rafa in the next semi to even things up a bit!

Di! :wavey: Good point for you today! :)
Thanks for the report!

MsTree
03-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Yes!!! Andy makes a pigeon out of Fed! :D
:dance::dance::dance:

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Hi Di! wonderful article! funny times in Birmingham!:) see ya tomorrow!!

Andy d Federer 63 46 61! Bravo Andy! :)

MsTree
03-21-2009, 11:16 PM
OK I've almost stopped leaping around my living room in joy and I'm ready for the next match.
Vamos Rafa!!! :)

ellen_
03-21-2009, 11:19 PM
OK I've almost stopped leaping around my living room in joy and I'm ready for the next match.
Vamos Rafa!!! :)

Uh-oh, fight coming up... C'mon Andy! :p

Di :hug: I'm so happy for you! It's very nice to hear that there were so many fans, unexpected! Good night :kiss:

MsTree
03-21-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm only supporting Rafa as he's not getting any love from either of you! :lol:
And on a hard court I feel like I'm supporting the underdog :p

ellen_
03-21-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm only supporting Rafa as he's not getting any love from either of you! :lol:
And on a hard court I feel like I'm supporting the underdog :p

Rafa doesn't know the word underdog :rolls:.

I'm just gonna say this for probably the 9385383 time, I'm SICK of the hardcourt now! Clay and grass tennis, that's what I want :worship:

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 11:29 PM
a Rafa vs Andy final could be very interesting. it seems that not only Andy has Federer number but he can also beat Nadal. Roddick deserves a lot of credit for the great start of the season with his new coach.
I think Andy wll win, but Rafa has prove me wrong a lot of times and Andy struggled to beat Ferrer.
hope we will see a great match! :)

isabelle86
03-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm just gonna say this for probably the 9385383 time, I'm SICK of the hardcourt now! Clay and grass tennis, that's what I want :worship:

Amen, Ellen , Amen!! :worship: can not wait for the natural surfaces and also the tour coming to Europe. We have the chance to meet our fave players and it's difficult to follow a match at 4:00 am!! Well Said!! :)

ellen_
03-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Amen, Ellen , Amen!! :worship: can not wait for the natural surfaces and also the tour coming to Europe. We have the chance to meet our fave players and it's difficult to follow a match at 4:00 am!! Well Said!! :)

I'm counting the days before I can see my boys too :bounce: 62 days left! The natural surfaces, indeed. I'm really sick from all the different colors of hardcourt I've seen in the past months :rolls:

Damnit, I have to go to the bathroom constantly. So annoying during a match. I drank too much :spit: Applejuice though, but still annoying :tape:

MsTree
03-22-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm not a fan of Roddick but I've started cheering for him now :devil:

ellen_
03-22-2009, 12:45 AM
He needs some extra cheering indeed :lol:

:spit: Andy! Broken, broke back and broken again :crazy: He reminds me of Ernie :awww:

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=ellen_;8314120]I'm counting the days before I can see my boys too :bounce: 62 days left! QUOTE]
Ellen are you going to one event?? :confused:
I am also doing a countdwon and only 14 Miami and tomorrow IW.
I always do a countdown to see Gillou, 7-8 days, can not wait.

ellen_
03-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Ellen are you going to one event?? :confused:
I am also doing a countdwon and only 14 Miami and tomorrow IW.
I always do a countdown to see Gillou, 7-8 days, can not wait.

I'm going to RG and TMC London for sure, maybe Wimbledon too.

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Nadal leads 64 53, could be a repeat of the Rotterdam final!! Liz, who are you roooting for??

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 12:55 AM
wow! Ellen, you're gong to the most important ones!!! so cool!! 1st time or being there before?

ellen_
03-22-2009, 01:02 AM
wow! Ellen, you're gong to the most important ones!!! so cool!! 1st time or being there before?

I've been at RG last year, and at Wimbledon the year before :)

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 01:13 AM
:) which one did you like the most? they are very different?
my last Wimby was in 1999 and RG in 1994.

Edit: Nadal d. Roddick 64 76(4) final, Nadal vs Murray
going to the disco! :)
see ya tomorrow!:)

ellen_
03-22-2009, 01:23 AM
:) which one did you like the most? they are very different?
my last Wimby was in 1999 and RG in 1994.

Wimbledon was my first grandslam, and it was so special. I like Wimbledon so much because of the atmosphere, the peace and quietness, the grass, the white outfits, the environment, etc... :hearts: I even enjoyed the 4 hours of queuing and the rain delay. RG was different. Imo, the site is too small for all those people. It's too crowdy there. Wimbledon is much better organized on that part. If you walk around in Wimbledon, you see so much. RG is not like that. And I like grass more than clay.

Have fun :wavey:

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Wimbledon was my first grandslam, and it was so special. I like Wimbledon so much because of the atmosphere, the peace and quietness, the grass, the white outfits, the environment, etc... :hearts: I even enjoyed the 4 hours of queuing and the rain delay. RG was different. Imo, the site is too small for all those people. It's too crowdy there. Wimbledon is much better organized on that part. If you walk around in Wimbledon, you see so much. RG is not like that. And I like grass more than clay.

Have fun :wavey:

the first time is always special! and the one you will always remember! I fully agree! :)
your description of Wimby is great, it is the unique and most prestigious tennis event by a mile!
I also agree about RG becoming small, there are projects to add some more space to tennis complex in a current swimming pool that could become tennis courts. Our french friends will know better.
Wimby, the only bad thing was the demolition of old court 1, it had a very intimate atmosphere and spectators were closed to the action, similar to the granstand at the uso.
I think the plans for a new court 2 on the current court 13 were abandoned.
my favorite court at RG is Court 2!! great atmosphere there!

it was a great night, dancing until 7:00 am!! :)

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I want to go to RG so bad. Clay is my fave surface and I have never watched a match live on clay.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks to Marion I'm going to RG this year for two days. We have tickets for Centre Court for 1 day and I think it was court 1 the second day. I'm really looking forward to it I must admit :D I've never been to live tennis before so it'll be so special!

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks to Marion I'm going to RG this year for two days. We have tickets for Centre Court for 1 day and I think it was court 1 the second day. I'm really looking forward to it I must admit :D I've never been to live tennis before so it'll be so special!

:woohoo::dance: Eimear I hope you and Marion have great fun there:hug: I had a long around RG,but it was back in September 1995:lol: I still have photos somewhere. Its a beautiful place:hearts:

I've never been to Wimbledon:o I've had a look around Melbourne Park whilst on holiday in 2001:dance: Never thought about going to USO:lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm sure we'll have a great time. I can't wait to go :woohoo: :dance: I might go to Wimbledon the year after. I get hooked at the atmosphere at live sports so if its anything as good as live football I'll never want to go home!!!

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Good morning to Vick, Eimear and Di! :wavey:

Di, I loved your report of your trip to Birmingham and great to listen your BF Craig was so happy because Ireland had won the Six Nations. :hug: I guess you later celebrate at home....:D you're so lucky to have travel down under and visit Flinders Park, it's my biggest tennis dream. did you travel on a plane? how many days? the uso has a great atmosphere but you need great seats at Ashe -too big stadium-, Armstrong and the Granstand are great, the rest of the courts are all the same. lacks the tradition.

Eimear, you will have plenty of fun, you can speak french so well and that's a big advantage! :D
first time! is the best! :hug: you're living like a dream! are you going the 1st week or 2nd week? t's better than fotball because you can see your fave player Gillou :hearts: closer at the practise ground and talk and take pics with him. it will be an amazing and uneleivable experience! Paris is also a lovely city and the nightlife is very cool.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Yup yup Ireland rule the rugby world :woohoo: :bounce: :banana: :dance: :rocker: :rocker2: Its not often we win things so when we do we should celebrate!!! We're going the first week Isabelle so we'll have more of a chance to see the Frenchies in action

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 12:06 PM
the first week is the best because all as you said the players are in action and you can see all of them!! cool!!
which one are you most interested to see?

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 05:06 PM

wah I'm so jealous. I wish I could go - silly new job how dare it get in the way of tennis viewing ;)

You will have a fabulous time.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Need you even ask Isabelle ... Gillou of course :p Apart from Gilles the other 3 musketeers and Andy Murray

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 05:41 PM
It's such a pity you can't go to tennis Tori but please God next year everything will be settled and you'll be able to go then

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Lets hope I want to see a live clay match so much!!!

If you see Richie can you please tell him from me to ditch the bloody cap or at least to ditch it for the knock up before the match so I can perve on him slightly ;) Oh and tell Gillou to iron his shorts ;)

ellen_
03-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Lets hope I want to see a live clay match so much!!!

If you see Richie can you please tell him from me to ditch the bloody cap or at least to ditch it for the knock up before the match so I can perve on him slightly ;) Oh and tell Gillou to iron his shorts ;)

I wonder how those things go... Ernests always shows up with completely wrinkled shirts and shorts too :shrug: If they get ironed, it's time for me to wonder what they do to eachother in the lockers :confused: How can those clothes get so wrinkled from just waiting for a match or hanging around? :aplot:

Real Madrid-UD Almería 1-0 HT :cool:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I really am corrupting you Ellen :lol: Imagine what they get up to indeed! Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing a live match. We've got tickets for Phillipe Chatrier court so let's hope we see some big names play. I'll pass those messages on Tori but I can't guarantee Gillou will still be talking to me after I ask him about his sex life with Gael :haha:

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I wonder how those things go... Ernests always shows up with completely wrinkled shirts and shorts too :shrug: If they get ironed, it's time for me to wonder what they do to eachother in the lockers :confused: How can those clothes get so wrinkled from just waiting for a match or hanging around? :aplot:

I don't know but when I saw Gilles play this week he looked like he had fallen asleep in his clothes and then gone straight onto Court.

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 06:02 PM
I really am corrupting you Ellen :lol: Imagine what they get up to indeed! Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing a live match. We've got tickets for Phillipe Chatrier court so let's hope we see some big names play. I'll pass those messages on Tori but I can't guarantee Gillou will still be talking to me after I ask him about his sex life with Gael :haha:

you can use my question first as a lead in. Ask what he was doing with Gael to get his clothes so creased.

If you see Rafa I will be so jealous. Seeing Rafa on clay is my ideal scenario.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Knowing Gilles and how bad he is getting up in the mornings he probably did sleep in his clothes and wake up and run onto court :lol: Now I LIKE your thinking Tori :worship: What a FANTASTIC idea!!!! Oh that would be a dream come true to see Rafa. It would really make my day

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 06:08 PM
If you see Rafa I may be so envious I will never speak to you again. :( Rafa on clay would just be amazing. I have already seen Gael and Gilles looking pretty together so thats all good but Richie on any surface would be good he cannot avoid me forever. I'm hunting him down in the grass court season.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Now see I should never talk to YOU again having seen Gael and Gilles look pretty together :lol: Run Richie RUN!!! :lol:

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 06:25 PM
You know you love me really.

I didnt like Gael before that doubs match but he is actually really pretty in real life. They need to play doubs again and we can both watch.

He needs to run I'm going to find out what house he is renting at Wimby and steal his hat stash when he is out. Either that or somehow bribe lacoste to deny him hats.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 06:28 PM
of course I do Tori :lol: They are SO CUTE playing doubles together. They definitely need to play more together they really do!!! I really don't mind Richie's cap I really don't mind. It's what makes him Richie imho

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 06:30 PM
But his hair is lovely.

I want to see it.

I'm really annoyed with the Musketeers for playing doubs at Indian wells but not together. It feels like cheating ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 06:32 PM
I know right??? I can't understand why Gilles played doubles with Jeremy and not with Gael. It's just MADNESS. He's cheating on them and he doesn't even care. Although :secret: Marion and I reckon Gilles and Gael had a huge row over Carine's presence in IW :lol: That could be why. Jo didn't play doubles did he?

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't think so but he is playing in Miami.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Is Gilles playing with Jeremy again? Do you know who Jo is playing with?

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Yup with Jeremy and Jo is playing with Mika

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Eimear,here's the Miami doubles list;) Gilles and Jeremy are teaming up again. Jo is partnering Michael Llodra.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8270273&postcount=3

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Hmmm I wonder if Forget encouraged Jo and Mika to play together to give him an extra option for DC doubles? It is such a shame that they're all entered and not pairing up with each other 'cause that would be so much fun!!! Thanks for the list Di :hug:

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 07:18 PM
went this afternoon to my friends football match, they were playing an away game against one of the worst teams in the league. they lost 1-0, goal scored in the last minute. they have just won 1 match since november and they will be relegated, they are last in the standings. made me feel very sad for them. didn't know what to say at the end of the match.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Oh that really sucks for your friend Isabelle. its a horrible feeling seeing someone go through tough times, especially on the sporting field, and not knowing what to say

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 07:30 PM
my friends started the local league very well, they were leaders at the beginning and are one of the strongest teams but they have being plagued by injuries since november. that's the sad thing, they are always in pain because of the injuries, the local matches are brutal. they are in the pub right now trying to drink as much as possible to forget another defeat.

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Li, why do you like Valencia CF instead of Real or Barça? it's a great choice, my fave players are Silva, Villa and Albiol. don't know who Martinez is. I guess Martinez is Roberto.

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Isabelle:awww: Thats so:sad: Constant injuries mean your friends team could never be settled on the pitch,always having to try new systems of play. If they couldn't play the same 11 players even from one game to the next,no wonder things got so bad for them. I do hope none of your friends team had any bad injuries:awww: That loss today must have been really heartbreaking:awww:

Hopefully they can all be fit for next season,and play as a settled,happy team.

ellen_
03-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Di :bigcry: I miss cyclocross so much! :crying2: I just got my uncle's pictures and I keep staring at them :sobbing:

Especially at this one, my boy is so concentrated :hearts: :awww: http://picasaweb.google.com/ellenv88/Cyclocross0809Niel#5316078146663610786

Real won :dance: Now Barca needs to lose :devil:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 07:45 PM
That is such a :sad: story Isabelle. Injuries are terrible things they really are. Its such a pity to think only for injuries it would have been a different story. I TOTALLY agree with Di. If you can't play the same 11 consistently it's going to be hard. Let's hope they can come back next season fitter and stronger than ever

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Who were Real playing Ellen?

ellen_
03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Real played UD Almeria. And Barca is winning 4-0 from Malaga CF :eek: at HT!

Liverpool won from Aston Villa with 5-0??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 07:53 PM
That was a good win for Real then Ellen. I was wearing my Real Madrid baseball cap today so I gave them luck :D :p Yeah Liverpool won. I hate to say it but I think they could win the league thanks to Man U's stupidity yesterday :sad: Still, I'm not going to give up hope just ye

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Congrats to Real:banana:

The Liverpool score,I saw some of the match, and then had the radio on 2nd half,have to say they were very impressive and deserved to win by that score,Villa are lucky to have only conceded 5 goals.

Valencia won today away at Santander with 10 men:lol: Mata scored,Alexis was sent off after 47minutes.

Isabelle,I'll explain to you why I prefer Valencia,and post a video of Roberto Martinez a little later. I'm off to watch Ana in IW ladies final. Ajde Ana.

Baghdatis#1
03-22-2009, 07:54 PM
any1 like baseball?

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Ajde Ana indeed!!! I'm watching the Dancing on Ice final but I'll catch highlights tomorrow. Enjoy it Di :wavey: Hi Hellas (sorry don't know your name but I'm Eimear anyway :wavey:) I'm not all that into baseball to be honest. It's really not shown over in Ireland or the UK

ellen_
03-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Andrew :wavey: Sorry, I'm not into baseball :awww:

Di, I thought you missed cyclocross too? :awww: I need a hug :bigcry: ;)

I'm gonna watch Ana too. Last Serbian standing! Ajde! I don't like Vera :tape: But the wind is :spit: OMG!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Ah so your name is Andrew? Pleased to meet you Andrew

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Andrews! :wavey: sorry I don't follow baseball!

Di! it's very sad!:sad: some will not play again! :sad: the local leagues are brutal, hard fouls, career ending injuries and this kind off stuff, my friends don't have access to the doctors pro players have, they can only go the social security some months later. some friends have being troubled by injuries for years, they play because they love football and does not matter wins or losses, what is important is health, it breaks my heart when they are at home and can not move and stay in bed because of the pain they have. it's better to stop and they are only 24-25 years old. let's move on. better.;)
very curious to see your explanation of Valencia and looking forward to see the video of one of the 3 amigos, Roberto. :)

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh Isabelle have a :hug: my darling

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 09:06 PM
well I'm still mad about the bloody rugby

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Did England lose Tori? I wasn't following the English match tbh. Who were they playing? The Auld Enemy?

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 09:10 PM
muchas gracias Eimear! :hug: eres tan buena persona! :worship::yeah:

why do you wear a Real Madrid cap?

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 09:12 PM
I like baseball caps anyway Isabelle and I quite like Real Madrid so my Mom was in Madrid and she visited the Bernabeu and brought me home a RM baseball cap

anaquot
03-22-2009, 09:12 PM
any1 like baseball?

Andrew? Raine and I discussed the Mets a while back. I don't follow it so much. Lauren and I are from the Red Sox nation (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont and a bit of Connecticutt) so I hear talk on the radio here and there and there are reports on the nightly news. I love to stop on the sports radio stations and listen in for a while so maybe if you throw something out I could jump in with a know-nothing comment and sort of wing it :)

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Did England lose Tori? I wasn't following the English match tbh. Who were they playing? The Auld Enemy?

England won but for Rugby I secretly support Wales (old memories of watching lots of Rugby down the pub when I lived in Wales) and they lost :( we will not be happy at work tomorrow. My friend at work is Welsh. 4th place overall too :(

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Bernabeu is the best stadium in Spain and Real the best club.

METS! very sad!
M My
E entire
T team
S suxks
sad! another collpase at the end of season.
Love Philadelphia was able to break the curse of Penn.
Fenway Park, the big green monster, legendary ballpark!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Am I allowed a little dance Tori??? :dance: :dance: :dance:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Sorry ... I shouldn't gloat. I'm sorry :hug:

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Am I allowed a little dance Tori??? :dance: :dance: :dance:#

meanie it's not funny :bigcry:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 09:37 PM
It's just ... we Irish never win anything :sad: I'm sorry hun I love ya really :hug:

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Ellen,you know I miss cyclocross,missing the valuable knowledge I need from you about it. Niels looks intense in that set of photos,thanks for them;)

Request for a:hug:granted;) :hug::hug:for Tori;)

Isabelle,I am so sorry to read about those injuries:awww::hug: I feel their pain:awww:

The Valencia story,well I felt sorry for them when they lost the 2000/01 European Cup Final against Bayern. It was a horrible way to lose on penalties. I followed them after that,especially when Rafa Benitez took over. Under him,they won La Liga twice, and the UEFA Cup. They had flair players like Pablo Aimar:hearts:,Vicente,Mista,Ruben Baraja.

I visited Valencia,on a 4 day holiday in 2005,and got to look around the Mestalla. I went to their reception point and asked about having a look around,they just waved me through and let me go into the stadium:worship: I was in awe. I have pics that I will post at some point.

The Mestalla is a 15 minute walk from the City.

There are two floors of Valencia Club de Futbol souvenirs at Calle del Pintor Sorella 25 located in the heart of the City:worship:

Roberto Martinez video;)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/7889263.stm

Ana:bigcry::awww:

MsTree
03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Anyone watching the IW mens Final?
It's really windy but I don't think it's affecting the guys as much as the girls.
Rafa is on fire!

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm watching Les;) These two could play in any weather variances,they are so adaptable,and instinctively know how to change their games to suit the conditions.

ellen_
03-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Di :hug: I didn't mean Niels though, but thanks.

Yes! I'm watching IW mens final. They're doing quite well, I'd say, indeed. But I wonder, can't those morons hold their freakin stuff - no? There are constantly flying things around :silly: Letcalls all around in the womens match, tsss.