The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Pages : 1 2 [3]

but-it's-ok
08-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Gillou has temporarily got the bump from my desktop at work, for this week only I've replaced him with Cody & Craig :hearts:
I found a download for the match on Maxxed too :D I'll be buying a yellow scarf next :lol:

Gosh:lol: Its an achievement for Gillou to take 2nd place on your desktop,especially to Cody and for A WHOLE WEEK:banana: You have a download of the match too Les-wow!

Wow the power of persuasion:lol: I can recommend you buy a scarf:lol: I find I don't always have to go to Norwich to get kit either,I find shirts and scarves in my local charity shops(around North Derbyshire:lol:) There's are a surprisingly large group of Norwich fans in our area(some have become exiles of course-yet some others like me don't speak with a Norfolk accent-must be our charm as a Club that does it):lol: Some of our 'fans' have a habit of losing faith in them to the extent of handing kit in to second hand shops. But their loss is often my gain:banana:

Charity shops are great for football gear in general,I'm always on the case for it;)

MsTree
08-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Not sure how many disgruntled Norwich fans there might be in Inverness ;) Our Highland League team, Inverness Clachnacuddin used to have an away strip in yellow, that might be the closest I get! :lol:

I get all my footie matches from here ~
http://www.fbtz.com/forum/
You need to register, if you need an invite or referral then let me know (don't think you will though)
match ~ http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=mwfkxc4pylf
credit to wigan88 who uploaded it :) Setanta US covered it, thought they'd gone bust?

MsTree
09-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Aw Di! Hope you're OK wherever you are :sad: We miss you!

Just started watching the Norwich - MK Dons match and Norwich scored in 17 seconds :eek: Hope I see wee Cody before the Mens Final starts :)

Oh no! MK Dons scored just after I changed channels, gutted!

but-it's-ok
10-03-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm off to Norwich,its a big home game against Bristol Rovers for us today:rocker2: Come on you yellows:rocker2: The Boss has been changing the team around for tactical reasons,so who knows what our line up will be today,although I am confident we'll at least have the same squad to pick from:lol: I'm hopeful Cody will be on the subs bench at least today:D

Caley are in Cup semi-final action tomorrow,am I right Les? Good luck to them:rocker2:

MsTree
10-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Good luck Norwich!

We've got our derby rivals at home, we better win this one or work on Monday will be unbearable! :lol:

Hoping for some Cody photos later! Have fun at the footie Di!

MsTree
10-03-2009, 04:01 PM
4-0! :woohoo: All in the second half too! :) I've seen the goals on the BBC website, Spillane's was a cracker! :D In fact they were all good (is there such a thing as a bad goal for a team you support? :lol:)
No sign of wee Cody though :( But I'm glad you had a good win to watch on your return to the footie :)

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes that was Tuesday nights great show,though I couldn't be there:(

Yesterday was even better:worship: 5-1,just amazing football we're playing just now. Cody didn't get on the pitch,he was on the bench once more.

Chris Martin opened the scoring for us with a superb free kick after only 8 minutes,but then Rovers equalised with a penalty after 26 minutes.

Wes Hoolahan restored City's lead from a penalty after 31 minutes after he was fouled by Byron Anthony, and skipper Holt scored two minutes later from Simon Lappin's corner.

Five minutes before half-time, Holt scored a splendid second to complete an eventful half and take his goal tally to nine for the season in all competitions. A brilliant solo goal:worship:

There was one more goal to come as Hoolahan did brilliantly to set up Cureton for goal number five in stoppage time.

I haven't recovered yet:lol:

Here's a pic of Wes Hoolahan being congratulated after his penalty,Chris Martin,Simon Lappin,and Korey Smith are on hand to congratulate him:D

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/assets/images/dynamicfeed/ravenp20091003174821.jpg

Good luck to Caley this afternoon,I'll keep tabs on the score;)

MsTree
10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Oops I was so busy looking for Cody I didn't pay attention to which highlights I was watching :lol: I did think that they got them up on the site awful quick!

MsTree
10-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Just found out our match is on the gaelic channel BBC Alba 168. I won't be able to understand it either :lol:

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 01:03 PM
:lol::hug: Cody is rather a distraction,I find that too:lol:

You're gonna watch Caley on a gaelic channel Les,oh my!!:lol: My Irish boyfriend just doesn't follow Scottish football!!,otherwise he could assist you(and me)

MsTree
10-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Irish gaelic and Scottish gaelic are quite different apparently, Irish gaelic has more swears and Scottish gaelic has more words for rain :lol: Scottish gaelic has Lewis gaelic and Skye gaelic too, I'm assuming this will be Skye gaelic as that's where the gaelic college is. It's all greek to me :devil: I'm hoping for subtitles :)

Just that you're supporting us will be good luck, that's Vettle and Gillou already today so I'm hoping Caley Thistle will be the last in the trio of good luck ;)

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 01:08 PM
My boyfriend just happens to understand gaelic be it Irish or Scottish:lol: It is all greek to me though,though:topic:the nearest I come to any gaelic on a daily basis is listening to Enya:lol:

MsTree
10-04-2009, 02:45 PM
:woohoo: you're a lucky charm!
Completely against the run of play, Eagle's just scored for us! :dance: The most improbable goal too :lol:

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I saw Caley just scored:woohoo::banana: The ones against the run of play are the best ones,to annoy the opposition some more:lol:

Always happy to lend support:dance:

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
4 minutes of added time!! Come on Caley,hold on!!:bounce:

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 03:53 PM
:woohoo::banana:

Congrats Caley:bounce: Congrats Les:hug:,well done Robert,so happy for you,you're in a Cup Final!!:dance:

MsTree
10-04-2009, 03:54 PM
:woohoo: We've got a cup final to look forward to! :dance:

Not the best match I've ever watched! :lol:

Thanks Di! :hug: You have been a lucky charm today! :D

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 03:57 PM
:bounce::bounce: Never mind the performance,its the score that counts:bounce:

Are you gonna try and get a ticket for the Cup Final Les?

MsTree
10-04-2009, 04:06 PM
No, I'm still on my boycott. The flag stealer has managed to hold onto his job, albeit with a 40% paycut :o

We've got a derby match with County in Dingwall in a few weeks time so I'm going to that! :)

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 04:16 PM
That guy!!!:o:o!!

Well then,enjoy the derby game at their place,and rub in the fact you're in a Cup Final at their expense:lol:

I'll be thinking of you there,and sending you good vibes;)

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
And of course I'll be pulling for Caley to win the ALBA Cup:banana: The Cup Final is on 22nd November,same day as ATP World Finals begin:D :dance:

MsTree
10-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I'll be in London anyway :angel: I think we're going to see Chelsea v Wolves on the Saturday, I've got tickets for Tues & Wed of the WTFs :D

So I'll be sending good vibes too :)

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Les,I have a ticket for Wednesday for London(afternoon session):bounce::bounce:

MsTree
10-04-2009, 05:52 PM
DO YOU????? Wow! Let's do lunch (or a late breakfast) I'm in the cheap seats, for that session I'm in BK 413 row E seat 700 and something :)

but-it's-ok
10-05-2009, 08:42 PM
A little present for you Les,just in case you haven't seen our goals from Saturday against Bristol Rovers;) I only saw one goal go in at the end I was sitting in(well standing in cos we scored so regularly) and that was the 5th goal from sub Jamie Cureton:lol: All the 1st half goals were scored in front of the Norwich and Peterborough Stand and I was in the upper tier in the Barclay:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8289470.stm
:worship:

MsTree
10-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks Di! I need to watch some silky smooth footie after our match yesterday :lol:
It was slapstick football, there was one point where one of our lads was chasing a ball down, stood on it by mistake and fell flat on his face, practically the whole Main Stand was wetting themselves laughing :lol:
Work was good today though :devil: They're all County fans :devil: but I was very gracious in victory ;)

but-it's-ok
10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
:woohoo: Cody just scored for us at Gillingham in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2nd round match(from deep inside the penalty box high into the middle of the goal). :banana:

He scored just 4 minutes after coming on as sub:D

MsTree
10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
:inlove: Marvellous! :dance:
There'll be photos :D

but-it's-ok
10-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Good morning Les,and to any lurkers around,'Hi'!:wavey::hug:

First of all Les,good luck to Caley today vs Queen of South:bounce:

A few treats for you Norwich City style;)

Cody's goal vs Gillingham(just in case you haven't seen it;) There are some other highlights from the match too,but of course his goal was the main highlight:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8295724.stm

And did you ever think you'd see Simon Lappin look like this?!!:cool:

I'm off to Carlisle shortly,have a good day!!:hug:

MsTree
10-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Gosh what a handsome guy! (I wouldn't have recognised him!)

Good luck today Di! :hug: Thanks for the Cody Show highlights :D

MsTree
10-10-2009, 03:50 PM
We lost 3-1 :( You're winning though! :)
I watched Cody's goal again to cheer myself up, he missed a sitter too! :lol:
Hope you enjoyed your away trip! :D

Just seen Cody got booked a few minutes from time. Bless :hearts:

but-it's-ok
10-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry about Caley Les:hug:,a hat-trick scored against you too:(

The game wasn't the best and the Carlisle ground is little more than a shack:lol: But we were the better side until the predictable onslaught late on. At least this season we have discovered the happy knack of scoring just prior to half-time rather than conceding:lol: Wes Hoolahan produced another cool finish inside the box after the Carlisle defence couldn't deal with a cross from Chris Martin.

Cody is so hyper whenever he plays,he's usually involved in the action within seconds of coming on,yesterday he got booked for a silly tackle,forwards just cant tackle but have to take my:hatoff: to him for trying,bless:lol:

Adam Drury became a Dad for the 2nd time on Friday:awww:,and then was flown to Carlisle hours afterwards!! He's had a lot of injuries this year(he's our longest serving player) but lately he's been encouraged to get forward more again as he did at the peak of his form and fitness in 2004 and is producing a lot of nice crosses and is lasting pretty well.

We were stunned to discover Michael Theoklitos our Australian goalkeeper was on the bench yesterday!! He didn't turn up for the match against Gillingham(he missed the coach:o) and is in line for disciplinary action being taken against him:banghead:

Glad you liked the pic of Simon;) I'll post some more at a later date;)

ammaly
10-11-2009, 05:16 PM
well i was confused which simon u mentioned lol
cuz now if i see any "Simon" i would pronounce it as see-moong
too obsessed :D

Good luck for ur teams !

MsTree
10-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks we certainly need it! :D

Apart from Man U who else do you support?

ammaly
10-11-2009, 06:28 PM
of course Real Madrid:D i think you exactly know the reason :)
i don't especially into other ones but i also support arsenal they're quite consistent even not really exciting
well, basically i would support any teams if my favorite players play for or they have to be strong team that really good at team work

but i don't actually know what style of each team is so i might say it in general

Scotso
10-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Phillies.

Must repeat. Must.

Lack sleep. Must cheer obsessively. Must sacrifice virgins.

rtgy
10-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Phillies.

Must repeat. Must.

Lack sleep. Must cheer obsessively.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Must sacrifice virgins.

:rolls:

but-it's-ok
10-12-2009, 07:17 PM
If ever any of you feel like a pic spam of your favourite non-tennis sports heroes,I always enjoy them,don't be afraid to post,we all have different tastes! My problem is I have too many!:lol:

Must say big congrats to Neil Robertson for winning Glasgow snooker last night:yeah:. Anyone who beats a class player and guy like John Higgins in a tournament deserves to win titles.

MsTree
10-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I watched the snooker, Neil did really well although Ding was hanging with him up to that monster frame (to go 5-4). His SF against Higgins was tremendous! WD Mr Robertson :D

but-it's-ok
10-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah that 9th frame Les,that was pivotal. Its nice to see overseas players doing well,its so much more difficult for them to thrive on the snooker circuit!

Neil bases himself in Cambridge,its a place I love to visit. Never seen him walking around there though D-oh!! Its horrible though cos he's usually playing on the snooker circuit in England when the Australian summer of sport hits,I really feel for him then. Check out the beanie hat he bought to withstand our winter:lol: Now he says he cant leave home without it!!

http://i1.bebo.com/039b/2/medium/2008/10/19/12/1465144740a9190185845m.jpg

lalaland
10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I watch Ice Hockey, I don't have a hero. We criticize everyone on our team most of the time, we are very demanding fans :p. Besides, there's no good looking hockey players anyway when they don't have their helmets on. We do love to see who still got a straight nose. I also watch skiiing, Bode is my hero, I find him a bit nerdy looking though. He's nothing special unless you catch him doing his trick - those unbelievable recovering act at the brink of disaster, then you say to yourself, this man is AMAZING.

I also love this guy, I used to follow the Italian league because of him. But it's impossible to watch volleyball, no one shows. And here they seem to like only the beach volleyball, I don't understand, it's so boring when there's only 2 players and the point is so short. Anyhow, this guy Marcos Milinkovic.

http://espndeportes-assets.espn.go.com/2003/photos2006/1123/e_Marcos-Milinkovic_vtop.jpg

Scotso
10-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Amazing rally vaults Phillies into NLCS
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091012&content_id=7441094&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

:yippee:

Scotso
10-16-2009, 07:19 AM
1-0 Phillies in the NLCS :yippee:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091015&content_id=7461914&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

MsTree
10-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Go Phillies!
What sport is it they play again??? :devil:

We've got a tough match today, Dunfermline are a good team, and we're playing at home which seems to put a jinx on it! I've got a couple of Pars fans coming to stay after the match but they won't gloat! ;)

Leeds away on Monday Di, that'll be the match on Sky? Cody :hearts:

but-it's-ok
10-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Go Phillies!:rocker:

Good luck against Dunfermline today Les:hug::rocker: You got Pars fans staying with you after the match!:eek: Well they'll be quiet guests then;):lol:

Yep we got Leeds on Monday,on TV:help: The cameras jinx us,the way I see it,whenever the TV follows us,the ref usually uses the stage to completely ruin the game:( I'm going to the game so I'll just have to forget we're on TV:angel: I'd love to see Cody on the pitch a little longer than a cameo 5 minutes or so:rocker:

Its great cos I don't have to travel too far for once:lol: I know a lot of Leeds fans in the area I live,we have a score to settle:devil:

Scotso
10-17-2009, 07:08 AM
1-1 :sobbing:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091016&content_id=7468828&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

This is just awful, one of the most crushing sports moments of my life. Especially because Chase is far and away my favorite baseball player ever. I feel sick. For me and for him.

I just want to crawl in a hole and hibernate until game 3. It's two days away... ugh. An eternity.

but-it's-ok
10-17-2009, 02:51 PM
:awww:Scotty:hug:

I just came back from shopping,and Caley just scored!! Proctor!!:woohoo::banana:

rtgy
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
1-1 :sobbing:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091016&content_id=7468828&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

This is just awful, one of the most crushing sports moments of my life. Especially because Chase is far and away my favorite baseball player ever. I feel sick. For me and for him.

I just want to crawl in a hole and hibernate until game 3. It's two days away... ugh. An eternity.

:hug:

MsTree
10-17-2009, 03:36 PM
You must be our good luck charm Di! :hug:

Poor Scotty! :hug: :sad: Still it'll make the last game an exciting one! :)

but-it's-ok
10-17-2009, 03:55 PM
1-1 Final Score:awww: Still a point is better than nothing.

MsTree
10-17-2009, 04:02 PM
That's OK! I didn't think we'd get a point anyway and it'll mean me and my guests are on an equal footing!

On a slightly different note, when's the F1 on? I've been looking through the schedules expecting a late night/early morning but I don't see it listed on the BBC site!

edit - just seen the trailer, 4pm tomorrow. Not sure if that's live though!

but-it's-ok
10-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Les the F1 race is live on BBC1 from 4pm;). Looks like there may well be more very wet weather:scared:

rtgy
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
:D WOW..................JENSON :woohoo::yippee::yippee::yippee:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

MsTree
10-18-2009, 05:53 PM
That was a really exciting race! Wel done Jensen! :D :dance:

rtgy
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
T H E K I N G I S . . . . . .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Jenson_Button_2.jpg/586px-Jenson_Button_2.jpg

L O N G L I V E T H E K I N G!!! :rocker:

Scotso
10-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Phillies completely owned the Dodgers last night, 11-0. :yeah:

2-1 in the series now. :D

Cliff Lee :drool:

Scotso
10-20-2009, 07:01 AM
:woohoo:

The Phillies were down 3-4 with two outs in the bottom of the 9th, and came back to win!

:yippee: :dance: :rocker2:

3-1 in the series. :D Time to finish 'em off. :fiery:

turtle-rn
10-20-2009, 07:28 AM
I have no clue what you're talking about but I haven't seen you use that many smilies in a single post in a while. That's worrying. :p

but-it's-ok
10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Well done to the Phillies:banana: I'm happy for you Scotty:yippee:

I'll go back to talking soccer or football when I have recovered my composure,my equilibrium regarding what one particular member of my team did last night in front of TV cameras:o!!!

Scotso
10-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I have no clue what you're talking about but I haven't seen you use that many smilies in a single post in a while. That's worrying. :p

The Phillies are one of the, say, four or five things in the world I care about. :lol:

Scotso
10-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Well done to the Phillies:banana: I'm happy for you Scotty:yippee:

I'll go back to talking soccer or football when I have recovered my composure,my equilibrium regarding what one particular member of my team did last night in front of TV cameras:o!!!

I've never really understood the appeal of soccer, other than David Villa of course. I suppose it's because I'm 100% American. :p

turtle-rn
10-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I've never really understood the appeal of soccer
:hearts:

I suppose it's because I'm 100% American. :p
I haven't either and I'm 0% American. :p

Let me guess, he ran nekid on the field? :D

MsTree
10-20-2009, 05:31 PM
I watched most of the match but missed whatever it was you're incensed about Di!!! I'm sure I would've noticed a naked man though ;)

Well done Phillies! Still not sure what sport they play :p

Scotso
10-22-2009, 05:48 AM
Baseball. :p

Phillies back in the World Series! :yippee:

lalaland
10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Go Phillies!

MsTree
10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
World Series? What other countries have teams in it? :p

Good stuff Scotty I'm pleased for you! :D

Scotso
10-23-2009, 07:44 AM
World Series? What other countries have teams in it? :p

Canada's made it once in a while (though they only have one team now after the Expos moved here).

It's true that is usually only represents American teams, and there are a lot of other professional baseball organizations around the world (most notably in Japan), but I still think the term "World Series" holds up in the face of criticism because of the obvious fact that the best players in the world almost always end up playing for the MLB (the U.S. and Canadian professional organization).

Even Japan, which has a very popular and very talented baseball system, will have their best players come to play here. There's much, much more money involved. I believe I read something in the neighborhood of 35-40% of players are born outside of the United States and Canada, and among the drafts (which is the newest young players and highlights what the future makeup will look like) the number is over 50%. So while it's played here, it is definitely an international competition.

That's a lot of drivel for what I'm sure was just a good ribbing, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. :p

Good stuff Scotty I'm pleased for you! :D

I'm ecstatic! World "Phucking" Champions in 2008, back to the playoffs in 2009. It's especially gratifying because I've been a fan of the team as long as I can remember, and during the vast majority of that time they were one of the worst teams in baseball.

MsTree
10-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I always enjoy a good ribbing :p

Good luck to everybody's teams for the weekend :D

MsTree
10-25-2009, 09:54 AM
5-1! Foran got a hat-trick :dance: Our best result all season :woohoo:

Norwich got a win :D Saw half the team on Soccer AM singing, think it was X factor related :lol:
Even my fantasy footie team did well :D

but-it's-ok
10-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Congrats to Caley:woohoo: 5-1:banana: Richie Foran HT!:worship:

We're back on track after Monday nights loss. Lets just say our goalkeeper Fraser Forster has the worst kicking in all 4 divisions,useless!:o He cost us the game with a crap clearance vs Leeds!

Yesterday sections of the crowd booed him and I was one of them,I'm sick of him,he doesn't have a clue how to distribute,come for crosses:cuckoo: To be a good goalkeeper you have to command your area,not just stop shots:rolleyes: We should kick him back to Newcastle!!

Other than that our football was as fluid as ever,sadly Cody didn't make it off the bench yet again yesterday:awww: Chris Martin was our goalscorer after 32 minutes!

Danny Wilson the Swindon boss said before the game that we didn't have the guts to compete with his side,the stomach for a promotion fight,or cope with the high expectations at Carrow Road :rolls: He's from my locality,I'm glad he's so far away right now,I'd really rib him if he were close enough right now:lol:. However,his son keeps an allotment I have to go past every week:o Danny,I suggest you read aloud the words from 'If' http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_if.htm:lol:

I missed the Soccer AM thing Les!! Tell me more;)

but-it's-ok
10-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Norwich are gonna be on TV,in the FA Cup 1st round against the lowest ranked team in the Cup:eek: We're taking on Paulton Rovers of the Southern League,Saturday 7th November - 12.45 kick-off time(at their 3,500 capacity Winterfield Road ground in Bristol.). Its on ITV,I'm not sure whether you'd be able to see that game Les:scratch:

Everyone will hate us,the romance of the Cup and all that:sad: Why do we have to play the lowest team left in?:bigcry:

I don't like this draw cos I'm a romantic too!:sobbing:

MsTree
10-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I'll be supporting the Canaries from afar ;) At least Cody might get a game though :D

I'm going to Dingwall on the 7th to see us take on Ross County, the first away derby of the season (and apart from one cup game, the first for six seasons). I work for one of County's directors and he's been singing "We're top o the league and you're no" to me a few times so far but it's my birthday month (I'm so old I get a whole month to celebrate now) so we'd better be good!!! Our away form's no bad actually so I'm hopeful :tape:)

My birthday celebrations start (:tape: on Sunday with Gillou in the final :tape:) followed by Calvin Harris on Monday night, our derby away match the next weekend, (Gillou in the QFs of Paris on my actual birthday) then after a week to recover, (longer if he wins the final as Nat will have to peel me off the ceiling) brunch with you in London and a bit of tennis for afters :D There will also be a birthday poker night with the boys to fit in and I think I might still have room for another event or two :lol:

I forgot to post about Soccer AM - have you seen the clip yet? It was one of your boys who's sister is in the X factor, he's doing dares in return for publicity - at the weekend he was singing with about 5 other players as his backing band, can't remember what next week's dare is!!!
I recorded it but wiped it before I posted about it, wish I'd kept it now!!!

but-it's-ok
10-31-2009, 08:29 AM
The Soccer AM thing,I finally saw it. My mates filled me in with all the gossip around that. Darel Russell would do anything for dares and publicity - he hasn't a hope of following his sister onto X-factor though:lol:!!!! His sister(Stage name Shar Russell - real name Charlene) and her group Miss Frank got knocked out of X-factor last weekend:awww:

Good luck to Caley vs Morton this afternoon:rocker:

I'm off to Stockport later to support the Canaries.

You work with one of the Ross County directors:eek: I bet thats fun:lol: Lets hope its even better for you the next time you see him after that game:bounce:

Hope your birthday celebrations go brilliantly Les,have loads of fun:hug::hug: I cant wait until London:dance:

MsTree
10-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Good luck today Di! :D

Just had a text ~ Mike Smith the flag stealer and singer chucker-outer has left the building!!! So my boycott is finally over. :dance: The fact I'm spending about 6 months of footie admission money for two days of tennis is neither here nor there :D I'll make it to a few games now :D

Hope Button gets a podium place tomorrow! :D:D:D

MsTree
11-01-2009, 08:18 AM
You work with one of the Ross County directors:eek:

Even worse, I work FOR one of the RCFC directors :lol:

WD Norwich for a good away win yesterday!!!
We humped Morton - AT HOME!!! - amazing!!!
Rooney hat trick :angel:
Although our Rooney is much better looking :lol:

but-it's-ok
11-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Even worse, I work FOR one of the RCFC directors :lol:

WD Norwich for a good away win yesterday!!!
We humped Morton - AT HOME!!! - amazing!!!
Rooney hat trick :angel:
Although our Rooney is much better looking :lol:

:lol: Oops sorry Les,I read less into that:lol: !! Working for one of them,OMG seriously,that must be very difficult,but you take banter well so thats all good:D But then I guess you have to:lol: You'll know what kind of stick to give him soon to counter the taunting he's given you for weeks;) Up the Caley Jags:rocker:

Adam:woohoo: Well no contest,Wayne Rooney isn't blessed with good looks,but then neither am I:lol:

Thats the best news that Smith has gone,the nasty,horrible man!!. So you'll go to home matches again,I'm so pleased:banana::hug:

We had a very difficult pitch to play on yesterday due to a rugby match taking place there on Friday night,in a crowd of just over 5,000 at Stockport our travelling army represented 1,200 of the total attendance:banana::lol:

So given the conditions we did very well,we had no regular right back so Adam Drury dropped back there,(he made his 300th appearance for Norwich yesterday):worship:

Grant Holt gave the Canaries the lead in the 16th minute when he headed home from Simon Lappin's free-kick, which goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams allowed to slip through his fingers.

Wes Hoolahan stretched our advantage after 69 minutes from the penalty spot after Chris Martin had been brought down by Paul Huntington.

A goal by Carl Baker, nine minutes from time, appearing to deflect off team-mate Peter Thompson, gave the hosts late hope.

Holt sealed victory when he tucked home a cross by:hearts:substitute Cody McDonald :banana: in the final minute.

I'm happy we're winning away from home,thats the key if we're gonna push for promotion.

MsTree
11-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Aw Cody had an assist :hearts: He'll be on the highlights :inlove: :D
In your experience, is he better off the bench or is it time he got a start? He seems to have an impact even if he only gets 20 minutes, but then some players are best played like that!

but-it's-ok
11-02-2009, 07:06 PM
And here are the brief highlights;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8337109.stm

Cody is best off the bench right now,he's a bit injury/illness prone lately. However,even if he'd stayed fully fit so far this season,there's just too much of a queue in front of him for a place in the team right now. He would do a good job though if asked to play from the start,he's very direct and gives defenders nightmares. Its just great there is so much competition up front,even though Holt has 12 goals this season,he never rests on his laurels,he says he fears being dropped,which drives him and the rest of the team on because he's so inspirational:rocker:

We're gonna put our strongest team out on Saturday for Paulton Rovers,but I am sure Cody will come on at some stage;)

MsTree
11-03-2009, 01:13 AM
What a great assist! I :hearts: Cody anyway but I particularly love it when a player goes all out for what seems a lost cause which results in a goal. :inlove:
Thanks for the highlights Di :hug:

Scotso
11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Pft, I'm over it.

MsTree
11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
:hug: Poor Scotty :hug:

rtgy
11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Pft, I'm over it.

Scotty:hug:
:smooch:

but-it's-ok
11-06-2009, 08:22 PM
:awww:Scott!!

Enjoy the game tomorrow Les:hug: All the best in the Highland Derby,fling it all at em,up the Caley Jags:rocker:

I am dreading our Cup game:scared: Everyone will want us to lose,whatever we do our part in proceedings won't be appreciated. Even worse then that we're on TV:help: We're 12-1 on to win:help::hysteric:

MsTree
11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
:lol: Odds like that are designed to jinx you :lol:

I'm off now, took me ages to dust off my scarf! :lol:

Good luck today Di!

Come on the Caley Jags!!!

Scotso
11-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Just tell me who I'm supposed to cheer for. I hope they have numbers on their backs.

MsTree
11-08-2009, 12:34 AM
:bigcry: County won 2-1 :bigcry:

Still we've 7 Norwich goals to celebrate :dance: I see Cody had another assist bless him :hearts:
I'm too sad/drunk to post anymore tonight :sad: Thank you Norwich and Andy Murray for saving my sporting weekend :(

but-it's-ok
11-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Awww Les:hug::hug:

Well here's something to cheer you up;) A slideshow and a report from the match,since I'm too tired to do one:lol: We really did do a professional job,they scared us a bit in the first 10 minutes,after that we got hold of the match,and played really well. Paulton can be very proud of qualifying for the FA Cup for the first time. The Paulton fans were so welcoming and friendly to us:hearts:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED06%20Nov%202009%2018%3A07%3A26%3A673

but-it's-ok
11-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I've been slightly distracted tonight whilst watching Gilles,Norwich just won Johnstone's Paint Trophy q/final on penalties(5-3) after match ended 0-0 at FT(at Swindon). Friends were at the game,and every time a penalty went in my phone kept going off:lol:

Cody had a full game:woohoo: Our penalty scorers Owain Tudor Jones,Stephen Hughes,Michael Nelson,Jens Berthel-Askou,and Jamie Cureton scored the winning pen after Craig Easton missed pen for Swindon.

All this with Grant Holt and Simon Lappin suspended!!:tape:

MsTree
11-10-2009, 10:02 PM
It's all good! :D :D :D

I'm still speechless from Gillou's match :lol:

but-it's-ok
11-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Good luck to the Caley Jags against Airdrie U today:bounce::bounce: Hope you had a lovely day yesterday Les;):hug:

I'm off to Carrow Road,we're playing Tranmere this afternoon. Before I go I want to post this lovely video that pulled on my heartstrings when I saw it this morning. A little boy who has fought with kidney disease all of his 5 years met with our players at the training ground yesterday and will be at the match today:awww::hearts: Here it is,I cried after I watched it!:sobbing:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED13%20Nov%202009%2016%3A37%3A46%3A960

A plea to other sports fans,come and join us we'd love some company;). Bye for now:wavey::hug:

MsTree
11-16-2009, 06:22 AM
We both got 2-0s :dance:

but-it's-ok
11-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Les:wavey::hug: Happy with the result on Saturday,:woohoo: Wes and 'The Doc'!!

I don't even know who scored Caley's goals:o!!

:topic: I had to dash to take my laptop in for repairs before going to the match on Saturday. The power cable that connects to the back of the laptop is bust,and there's a virus on my computer that got in between my windows firewall and norton:sobbing::sobbing: So I doubt I will get my laptop back before I arrive in London. :help::help:

I am having to rely on my local library,cos the other two laptops I have are work ones and cant be used for browsing and logging on sites like this one. And my library even blocks FB games like Cafeworld and Farmville:o:o:o!! I cant find anyone to lend my a laptop:bigcry:!!!!

I will post in here when I can;) Take care:wavey::hug:

but-it's-ok
12-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Les,so sorry about Caley:awww::sobbing: Its so frustrating when teams take the lead in matches for what seems like game in game out,and not turning it into a win:(

Skipper Holt scored his 19th goal of the season after 21 minutes with a superb header from Chris Martin's cross.

Wes Hoolahan made it 11 for the campaign 11 minutes later with a curling shot that grazed the head of Oldham skipper Sean Gregan on its way in. We battered them for almost the whole game,just one of those days when we didn't get the goal tally we deserved. There's such confidence in the whole squad,the place is buzzing. I cant believe we're 3rd,above Colchester who handed out our record home defeat 7-1 on the opening day of the season!!

I found this pic from yesterdays game vs Oldham,Wes and Grant,after the opening goal scored by Holt:lol: I knew they'd capture this:lol:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/assets/images/dynamicfeed/ravenp20091205175540.jpg

MsTree
12-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I don't know what it is about us just now, I've got almost a Gillou mentality about it, I only worry when we get the first goal :lol:

Still, we're safely mid-table, we're obviously not pushing for promotion this season but there's only 3 pts separating 3rd to 7th teams so anything might happen. It's such a hard league to get out of, far more competitive than the SPL!

but-it's-ok
12-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm sure I posted a pic this morning:o Anyway,a slide show from the game:D

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED04%20Dec%202009%2018%3A51%3A08%3A773

MsTree
12-12-2009, 04:13 PM
We managed to hold onto a lead :dance:
1-0. What actually makes me even happier is that my boy :hearts: Stevie Hislop scored twice today for Arbroath, in a game where his manager, Jim Weir, had to play as a trialist (http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1522438?UserKey=) (he's 40!) due to loads of injuries in the squad :eek: Good fight from Arbroath but coming back from 0-3 at HT was a step too far, it finished 3-4 :( Hissy! :inlove:

but-it's-ok
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Caley:banana:

:woohoo:Hissy:yeah: Sad that all his efforts were in vain though:awww:

Our game vs Yeovil was amazing:lol: The first hour was totally forgettable for us:o Every time we pressed forward we kept getting caught off-side:o!! We went in at half-time a goal down!!

Then with our first shot on target we equalised with an hour of the game gone:D Grant Holt's strength took him past Nathan Smith and his low cross into the six-yard box gave Chris Martin the simple chance to tuck the ball home for his 11th goal of the season.
City went ahead on 65 minutes when Russell's free-kick was met with a powerful header by Doherty that gave McCarthy no chance.

But the celebrations were cut short when Yeovil levelled inside two minutes, MacDonald latching on to a half-chance on the edge of the area and lashing a right-foot shot past Forster. We made a double substitution with 10 minutes left when Hughes and MacDonald were introduced.

In a sensational finish in stoppage time, Yeovil substitute Obika gave his side the lead with a near-post header from a cross by Alcock, but in the dying seconds McCarthy denied Chris Martin by saving with his legs before the final City raid brought its reward. Doherty appeared to get the final touch from Russell Martin's ball into the box and also picked up a caution for his celebration.

Breathless:lol: I felt certain we were gonna lose yesterday all game:lol: So happy to escape with a point:dance:

but-it's-ok
12-14-2009, 04:25 PM
The 6 goal thriller from Saturday:lol: Brief highlights!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8411101.stm

Cody on GMTV;) The sound isn't great but I thought you might like to see Cody;)

-FWOml9EFqA

but-it's-ok
12-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I just visited the Arbroath website and found a pic of Hissy,I remember that pic you posted of the both of you together Les,I know its around somewhere on here:) You looked great,he's not bad either;)

http://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/images/players/Hislop.jpg
I'll look out for their results too:D

MsTree
12-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Aw Cody :hearts: bless him!!!

This photo? :)
http://www.mee.veryblue.co.uk/caleythistle/images/denmarkhissywee.jpg
Hissy arrives for a blether at half time and inadvertently meets the woman of his dreams :)

but-it's-ok
12-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Aw Cody :hearts: bless him!!!

This photo? :)
http://www.mee.veryblue.co.uk/caleythistle/images/denmarkhissywee.jpg
Hissy arrives for a blether at half time and inadvertently meets the woman of his dreams :)

Yes!!:bounce::bounce: Thanks for reposting it Les,lovely to remember again how sweet the pair of you look:hug:

Saved me looking through loads of pages here too:lol:

MsTree
12-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I was sooooooo chuffed with myself :lol:
Still am :D

but-it's-ok
02-21-2010, 09:26 AM
I think this thread needs a bump:lol:

Caley are doing OK aren't they:banana: Its a shame there are so many matches being called off,so many stop starts.

We lost at home yesterday for the first time this year! Southampton won 2-0. Darel Russell got himself sent off..again! We hope to regroup at home vs Southend on Tuesday,I'll be there.

Anyone have any thoughts on any other sport other than football/tennis? :secret:I cant get into rugby or somehow the winter olympics(apart from the figure skating).:shrug:

MsTree
02-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Good :D
Caley are indeed doing alright, 3rd in the league 10 points off the leader but with 2 games in hand on Dundee. We've got 2 Caley-County derbies coming up next month, and they're in 2nd place (with an extra game in hand) so it could be worse!

We can only aspire to be like league topping Norwich though! :hug: How's Cody? :hearts:

The Winter Olympics has spread to the chat thread, but I'm worried about the curlers :sad: Both teams have to win all their remaining matches to be in with a chance of the semis :(

but-it's-ok
02-21-2010, 01:02 PM
I cant get into curling:o Hope they'll win their remaining matches though. Somehow since I heard about the terrible luge tragedy just before the Games:tears: I have barely got into it,just the skating,and read up results on the internet.

Cody was fine,even turned into a supersub for a few games,scoring a few late goals:worship:. Now he's injured(thigh):(but hopefully he'll be back shortly.

MsTree
02-21-2010, 01:05 PM
I'll rub it better for him :devil:

but-it's-ok
02-21-2010, 01:08 PM
I'll rub it better for him :devil:

I'll do the injured thigh,you can do the good one:angel::lol:

MsTree
03-23-2010, 09:53 PM
This thread needs a bump again :)
We're one point off the top of the league with a ridiculous goal diff, we just beat Airdrie 4-0 and a week tonight I'll be going back to the footie, home game against County, who just put Hibs out of the Cup. Winning me some cold hard cash in the process. It's all good :D
Norwich look pretty secure at the top, you must be enjoying your footie just now Di :hug:
Post a pic of Cody for me :hearts:

MsTree
08-14-2010, 09:22 AM
New Season bump!

For our first match, we've got Celtic at home at lunchtime today, I went to our friendly against Royal Antwerp last Sat and if that was anything to go by, we're going to get humped. On the plus side Celtic aren't looking too hot just now either! :lol: I'll be happy if we lose by 2 or less :tape:

I see Norwich has acquired Stephen Fry to their board! I loved this :D

He said: "Having been shockingly overlooked by successive Norwich City managers all these years as a player, I have come to the sad conclusion that it is probably unlikely now that I will ever be picked to play for the first team.

"But I am happy instead to play my part in another capacity, as that of a proud and passionate ambassador for the great game of football.

"The day may still come when I am needed out on the pitch, I haven't entirely ruled that out, but until then I shall endeavour to serve with enthusiasm and energy, spreading the word far and wide of Norwich City Football Club and the pleasures and rewards to be had as a supporter."