The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MsTree
03-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I saw a little bit of the women's final and there was one point a normal looking serve was blown so wide the receiver fell over trying to reach it!
Andy's annoyed! Rafa is coping better I think!

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 10:30 PM
thanks for the hug I needed it.

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Tori;)

Rafa's volleying has been a revelation in this match:worship: Andy isn't so keen to accept that he will make a few mistakes especially in conditions as tricky as these:awww:

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Rafa is a wise boy

MsTree
03-22-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm surprised they're not at the net more, seems a safer option when the wind is that blustery!

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Di, the Valencia squad you're talking was awesome and Payaso Aimar was great. Benitez did a great job, he should have been at Real Madrid some seasons ago, Rafa started his career in the youth system of Real. Valencia -until the spanish L'pool- was the backbone of the Spanish National Squad.
this weekend there was the annual fiesta in Valencia, Fallas, it's great, it's the start of all the annual local celebrations in Spain. you also have the lovely beach of la Malvarrosa, site of the America's cup and you can eat paellas (Love it)
it's a great place to party, maybe one of the best in Spain, the clubbing movement (from disco to disco in 1 night) started there in mid 20's in Spain. famous city for the disco-techno-trance parties and the people are the most fashionable in Spain.
the Old Mestalla will be closed at the end of season, you were lucky to visit the legendary site built in the 90's. the new Mestalla is amazing and will be the stadium in Spain. the fans of Valencia dislike as much Barça and Real. strong rivalry.
Spain at home during the word cup in 1982 lost to N.Ireland 0-1 and draw against Honduras in the worst results of the Spanish Football Squad ever.
in the last 15 years Barcelona as a city is going down in new things and Valencia is going up- there's a lot of great new things compared to Barcelona.
in tennis, Ferrero, Ferrer, Safin and Andreev all trained there in their teens. Ferrero is the owner of the new 500 event at the wonderful venue The Agora. clay is gone, hope Gilles will play there instead of Basel.
Valencia has been the best City in Spain in the past 5 years.

Edit: I will watch the video of Roberto and Swansea later, I am in the Gillou-Federer match now!

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Rafa has been more aggressive,changing tactics even in this wind. I cant understand why Andy wouldn't try to change up a bit,maybe he is too respectful of Nadal's unerring ability to make passing shots.

Isabel,I was lucky enough to visit the site of the Americas Cup and Malvarossa beach:hearts: I saw pelota at Plaza Ayumiento, Plaza de la Reina there was a gorgeous Irish bar:hearts: Plaza de la Reina square is where the tourist bus leaves to take holidaymakers on a Tour of the city. Onza sweetshops everywhere:D. L'Oceangraphic,the dolphin shows:inlove: You see why I'm so crazy about Valencia;)

ellen_
03-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Rafa is just used to making these strange movements, he deals with it very well. And now I wonder what conditions Rafa isn't able to deal with :scratch: Pretty scary, I have to say.

Nichele Hull
03-22-2009, 10:59 PM
I wonder why Murray isn't making any change to his game :confused: Its funny how you can beat Federer one day and the next day put out this type of performance

MsTree
03-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Rafa's certainly got the conditions sussed all right! And Andy's volleys aren't clinical enough to finish the point, well not against Rafa anyway!

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 11:00 PM
what is scary is that Rafa can win tonight his 13 ms titles at age 22, only 1 less that Federer (check how many Federer has won at age 22) and only 4 to tie all time leader Agassi with 17 ms titles. He is only 22!

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Rafa is scary today. He has totally adjusted to the wind to the extent that he knows how to get it to help him.

MsTree
03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
You've just got to hand it to Rafa, he totally deserves to be No. 1!

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Rafa is totally infallible,he has loved the challenge of these conditions.

but-it's-ok
03-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Well done to Rafa:worship: A learning curve for Andy:hug:

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 11:11 PM
blimey imagine his points lead and the clay court season isn't even here yet.

MsTree
03-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Wow :eek:
It's difficult to see anyone beating Rafa in that kind of form, he was amazing!
Poor Andy :hug:

Cloudygirl
03-22-2009, 11:24 PM
haha at the trophy ceremony

Eimear O'Mahony
03-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Rafa was WAY too good today :worship: No-one is going to beat him in that kind of form. Unlucky Andy. I enjoyed the trophy presentation. They're clearly good friends

isabelle86
03-22-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree Eimear, in the trophy presentation you could see how friends they are, Andy spent a lot of time at ESV&Casal Academy in Barcelona and they are friends. It was not a happy beatdown against a friend as Andy.

Nichele Hull
03-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Can't wait for Miami :D New tourney better matches new chokes :lol:

*Raine
03-24-2009, 03:16 PM
:wavey:

Any New York Mets and San Antonio Spurs fans here?

I already know who my fellow Manchester United fans here are. *wink*

isabelle86
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Lorraine, the Mets are my fave club in the MLB but I don't follow closely.

Ellen, have you ever been in a race at Spa-Francochamps circuit? it's the best circuit in the world! :) EAU ROUGE!

ellen_
03-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Elle, have you ever been in a race at Spa-Francochamps circuit? it's the best circuit in the world! :) EAU ROUGE!

It is BY FAR the best circuit in the world! I had a free ticket last year but I had no ride :( My mom works at Honda, so that's where I got the ticket from - but now they stopped sponsoring and I'm pretty mad of course... no free tickets anymore :fiery:

isabelle86
03-24-2009, 08:28 PM
I have the same problem, I had a friend who was working at Repsol but he left to go to Madrid, so no more free tickets to Montmelo. sad. they were vip tickets, above the paddock, just in the finish line, with a free meal, it was so great.
I LOVE each meter of Spa, hope you'll find a way to get free tickets (fingers crossed), best layout in f1 history and the rain in the Ardennes makes the races very interesting, La Source, Raidillon, Eau Rouge, Kemmel, Les Combes, Malmedy, Rivage, Pouhon, Fagnes, Stavelot, Blanchimont, Bus Stop, all the corners are great, Spa is as you said the best gp in the calendar. :worship:

ellen_
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I have the same problem, I had a friend who was working at Repsol but he left to go to Madrid, so no more free tickets to Montmelo. sad. they were vip tickets, above the paddock, just in the finish line, with a free meal, it was so great.
I LOVE each meter of Spa, hope you'll find a way to get free tickets (fingers crossed), best layout in f1 history and the rain in the Ardennes makes the races very interesting, La Source, Raidillon, Eau Rouge, Kemmel, Les Combes, Malmedy, Rivage, Pouhon, Fagnes, Stavelot, Blanchimont, Bus Stop, all the corners are great, Spa is as you said the best gp in the calendar. :worship:

La Source and Eau Rouge :worship: But it's very expensive if you wanna go there indeed, and it's almost 4 hours of driving from where I live - and I don't have my license yet. Maybe for the next race ;)

but-it's-ok
03-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I just had to quote this. Its from a Royal Society for the Protection of Birds newsletter I just received.

A different class of WAGs at the football

I recently attended the Premier League fixture between Arsenal and Bolton at The Emirates Stadium. It was most pleasing as darkness fell in the second half of a fairly dull game that we were treated to flypast after flypast of a dozen pied wagtails.

The birds made continuous laps of honour around the stadium, darting in and out of the beams from the floodlights, presumably waiting for the football fans to depart so they could settle down in their exclusive north London roost. With Norwich's nickname of the Canaries, and Newcastle the Magpies, maybe it's time for Arsenal to consider a change?

:lol::rolls:

isabelle86
03-25-2009, 09:40 PM
why are Norwich called the canaries? when I was a kid I had a canary called Marcelino.

isabelle86
03-26-2009, 04:52 PM
French figure skater Joubert takes lead

Tonight, Worlds - Men's Free Program 8:25PM EST 3/26, livestreaming at channelsurfing

France's Brian Joubert surged to the early lead after the men's short programme at the 2009 World Figure Skating Championships.
Joubert, the 2007 World Champion, leads 2006 World bronze medallist Evan Lysacek and two-time Canadian champ Patrick Chan heading into Thursday's men's free skate.

Brian Joubert is wonderful (I'm Yours)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WCA8jjtRAI

ellen_
03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Kevin Van der Perren is only ranked 14th now :awww: But his free program is always better. I hope Voronov and Verner can still give Joubert a hard time! I like him but I can't live with it that he always gets more points than he deserves... It's just not fair.

ellen_
03-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Lysacek is the new world champion figure skating, Chan 2nd and Joubert fell in his free program, he ended 3rd. Kevin Van der Perren made some mistakes in the landings and finished 14th. *swears in Flemish* I miss Stéphane Lambiel :bigcry: He had the flair that Joubert doesn't have (Kevin also has that). I'm disappointed :sobbing:

And how could I forget this F1-man :o Nelson Piquet jr :hearts:

http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/sutton/2003/d03gbr655.jpg

Qualies tomorrow morning at 7am CET! :bounce: :dance: :banana:

but-it's-ok
03-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Ellen:hug:I saw Kevin's free program on the highlights this morning,it could have been far worse,I think he made a good fist of it,he landed some the quad and the triple-triple-triple combination. I heard that he was badly jet-lagged during the event and also continues to suffer with a hip injury. Great music he chose,last off Safri Duo - Played-A-Live:worship:

Hopefully I'll be up to watch the F1 qualifying tomorrow.

Isabelle you asked why Norwich City are called 'the Canaries'. Well in 1908 we moved to a ground called The Nest, and with that move came the nickname The Canaries. The other reason was that canary breeding was very popular in Norwich at that time;) Our first ground was Newmarket Road, from 1902 - 1908. Here's some details about The Nest

Footballers risked injury by crashing into the massive concrete wall which held up the cliff that dominated the arena and rose sheer, barely a couple of feet from the touchline. And the manner in which up to 20,000 fans regularly crammed into the precarious looking stands built into the old quarry would have had ground safety officers in a real panic had they existed in those days.

“It should never have been a football ground and I was glad to get away from the place – it was a wicked ground,” said 90-year-old former City stalwart Bernard Robinson, who played at The Nest for the first four years of his career.

“At one end of the ground it just went straight up and to stop all the earth coming down on to the pitch they had a huge cement wall. It was five or six feet from the touchline so wingers had to be careful.

“Behind the other goal were the dressing rooms and a small stand and apart from that there was just a row of houses and the gardens were 15 to 20 feet below the level of the pitch. There was a big wire netting fence to stop the ball going in there. It was very dangerous.”

As for facilities for spectators Robinson added: “How they crammed so many people in there I’ll never know. There was a lot of very steep terracing and I’m amazed no-one ever fell down.

“The crowd there were good but I wasn’t sad when the place was pulled down. The Nest was so enclosed and you felt the crowd were on top of you.

The Nest was gradually improved over the years, with the playing surface re-laid and extra terracing added, and by the time the Canaries were elected to the Football League in 1920 crowds of between 12,000 and 14,000 were common place.

Further developments in the 1930s, including an extension to the ‘chicken run’ opposite the Main Stand, saw the capacity rise still further and, on February 16, 1935 an incredible 25,037 crammed into the ground to watch City lose 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday in the fifth round of the FA Cup.

Alas, by then, the Nest’s days were well and truly numbered. Concern over the facilities had already been expressed by Norwich directors and the matter came to a head just a month after the big cup tie when the Football Association wrote to the club saying they were not satisfied the ground was suitable to house large crowds.“You certainly noticed the difference when we moved to Carrow Road. That was a great place to play. There was just so much space!” Norwich made the switch to The Nest in the summer of 1908.

Thousands of tons of earth had to be shifted before a pitch could be laid and stands erected and there then followed the painstaking process of dismantling the old Newmarket Road structures and moving them painstakingly by horse and cart to their new home on the other side of the City.

Chairman John Pyke, the man behind the switch, kicked off the first game at City’s new home on September 1 as City beat Fulham 2-1 in a friendly in front of a crowd of around 3000. It wasn’t all plain sailing after that – an FA Cup tie against Reading later in the year had to be switched to a neutral venue when City’s opponents complained that the Nest pitch wasn’t big enough – but the club soon settled into their new home and it wasn’t long before five figure crowds were packing into the compact little ground.

With the Canaries having been recently promoted to Division Two it was quickly decided that the time was right to move on and City kicked off the new season at a plush new stadium, the original Carrow Road having been constructed in just 82 days.

The Nest stood derelict for many years after being declared surplus to requirements before the site was redeveloped after the war.

It’s now occupied by Bertram Books’ factory and offices – and walking around the grounds today it’s hard to imagine that a football ground capable of holding more than 25,000 people once stood there.

A small section of the wall so feared by visiting wingers is all that remains of the remarkable old stadium.

Credit to EDP24,Archant Group and historians for this article.

Finally,here's early pic of what The Nest was like as it was being constructed. The 2nd pic shows square goalposts were in fashion way back in the 20s and 30s:lol:

isabelle86
03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Di!!! :hug: thank you very much for telling the story of why Norwich are called the canaries! :) I love those kind of things, they are fascinating and amazing! Norwich are still playing in Carrow Road? must be a very traditional and legendary stadium.
I asked the question because I lived in Nantes and the club is also called les Canaries but it's because of the team colours -green & white. are you a memeber of Norwich?

I tried to follow yesterday the LP in the world championships. I couldn't find a stream, the one at channelsurfing was only available to American viewers, terible. Hope to watch the highlights on youtube soon. Don't know what to say, it didn't surprise me the fall of Joubert but I was rooting for him, I agree the music of Safri Duo and Matrix is different and interesting. the music of Lysacek, I have been watching programmes with Bolero and Rapsody in Blue for 2 decades, is so boring and so easy. I miss Pluschenko and my fave Yagudin. Now it's the turn of the ladies, one of my fave moments in sports history is about a female figure skater and what is considered the best night in figure skating history. Great. Can not wait. Hope to find a stream, as you can imagine the only ice we know here is the one you put in the cocktails to drink. :)

Ellen, do you know those players; Vam Hemelrijck,Rodrigue and Van den Abele for example? curious! ;):)

Nelsinho, his father, 3 times f1 champion was a great example of a man, I think he had thousand of love affairs, he was the enemy of Senna.

but-it's-ok
03-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Isabelle we are indeed still at Carrow Road;). I have pics I will post that I took myself,but I don't have my memory stick right now.

ellen_
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
I tried to follow yesterday the LP in the world championships. I couldn't find a stream, the one at channelsurfing was only available to American viewers, terible. Hope to watch the highlights on youtube soon. Don't know what to say, it didn't surprise me the fall of Joubert but I was rooting for him, I agree the music of Safri Duo and Matrix is different and interesting. the music of Lysacek, I have been watching programmes with Bolero and Rapsody in Blue for 2 decades, is so boring and so easy. I miss Pluschenko and my fave Yagudin. Now it's the turn of the ladies, one of my fave moments in sports history is about a female figure skater and what is considered the best night in figure skating history. Great. Can not wait. Hope to find a stream, as you can imagine the only ice we know here is the one you put in the cocktails to drink. :)

Ellen, do you know those players; Vam Hemelrijck,Rodrigue and Van den Abele for example? curious! ;):)

Nelsinho, his father, 3 times f1 champion was a great example of a man, I think he had thousand of love affairs, he was the enemy of Senna.

Yep, all true about Nelson ;)

I've heard of a Louis Van Hemelrijck, a Belgian football player. But that's from more than 30 years before I was born, I think :p I don't know the other ones.

About figure skating, I'm in love with all those songs. La Valse d'Amelie :hearts: The song of Lord of the Rings, Two Towers :hearts: And of course this one, Un giorno per noi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVK4SL91rzI :hearts: This program from Stéphane Lambiel made me cry when I first saw it, it's so beautiful. He's (was) amazing.

but-it's-ok
03-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Ellen I miss Stephane so much too:sobbing:. The choreography and music in his performances was always magical,aside from the beauty and sheer brilliance of his skating. Thanks for reminding of that Gala performance Ellen:hug: It brings:tears:to my eyes too.

Have you looked at his website lately? He's doing a blog to keep his fans in touch with his life now. In case you haven't here's a link to his blog;) So nice of him to do this for his fans:awww::worship:

He's attending the World Champs right now;)

http://www.stephanelambiel.ch/journal/?lang=en

isabelle86
03-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Di! :) I'll wait, you all know I love small stadiums! don't worry, I am starting to drink, drink, and drink before the match of Gilles, so nervous my first time here with Gilles playing! LOL! :)

Ellen, WOW!:) you posted one of the best programmes I have ever seen! thank you very much from the bottom of my heart! :worship: it's ARTISTRY, amazing performance and the theme is unforgettable! I am speechless, Ellen, hope you'll post more amazing videos :cool:like this one. don't need to say we all miss him! seducteur, fondre les mademoiselles! it's so beautiful! :worship:
I checked the website of Lokeren, reserve team and posted the goalkeepers, just in case one was your former trohy boy! ;):)

ellen_
03-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I didn't know that! Thanks Di :hug: That's awesome, indeed. I love him so much :awww:

:haha: Isabelle! That's where the names came from! :lol: I don't even know that those boys play for Lokeren :p Like I said, he plays for another team now, not even in first league.

isabelle86
03-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Qualifying Australian GP - Albert Park
very happy for Button, Barrichello, 1-2 Ross Brawn cars , Vettel 3rd!! :)
last time Button was on pole Australia 2006! Congrats! can not wait for the race

P. Driver Team Time
1 Jenson Button Brawn
2 Rubens Barrichello Brawn
3 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull
4 Mark Webber Red Bull
5 Robert Kubica BMW
6 Nico Rosberg Williams
7 Timo Glock Toyota
8 Jarno Trulli Toyota
9 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari
10 Felipe Massa Ferrari
11 Nick Heidfeld BMW
12 Fernando Alonso Renault
13 Kazuki Nakajima Williams
14 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren
15 Lewis Hamilton McLaren
16 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso
17 Nelson Piquet Renault
18 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India
19 Adrian Sutil Force India
20 Sebastien Bourdais Toro Rosso

ellen_
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Now how weird was that? Ferrari :spit: McLaren :spit: At least I had a good laugh, until Alonso got understear and went for a walk in the grass.

I'm happy for Vettel :banana: Rosberg did very well in the practices, but obviously the Brawns were a bit lighter in the 3rd qualie. I expect an exciting race! And I hope from the bottom of my heart that Hamilton won't drive too dangerous, since he has a lot of riders around him. He's good when he's driving alone, in front, but he sucks when he has to start in the middle :unsure: I think Vettel can win this, if the car is reliable enough, or Kubica. That would be great.

Football - Belgium plays Bosnia tonight and I'm not going :awww: I hope I can watch Spain-Turkey somewhere, a draw would be fine :p (I'm being patrotic now, who would've thought that... I hate my country btw)

MsTree
03-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Good luck to everyone's teams today - I'm not holding out much hope for us (we've got the Netherlands away lol)
All the games will be streamed on atdhe.net :)

but-it's-ok
03-28-2009, 10:56 AM
That F1 qualifying session:rolls: I don't think F1 will be dull this season. Jensen:woohoo: Lewis is another 5 places back because they opted to change gearbox... So he'll start in 20th and last place.

Good luck to everyones teams today:rocker:

I'm in Belfast to watch the Irish take on the Poles:banana:. Norwich City midfielder Sammy Clingan is set to start the match for the Irish so he had better play well.

Going to hit the shops now:banana:

Enjoy your sporting day everyone:wavey::hug:

ellen_
03-28-2009, 11:01 AM
I just read it too about Hamilton :rolls: So he'll drive alone anyway :spit:

Oh and I watched the short program of the women in Figure Skating last night. Kim Yu-Na was definitely the best. I was very disappointed in Kostner and Lepistö. Carolina missed some things and Laura was skating around like an ironing board :shrug: I prefer the men...

isabelle86
03-28-2009, 12:40 PM
this season I am rooting for Vettel!!! :D Hope he will do well, the BMW cars look the most dangerous opponents in the race!! Mclaren a complete nightmare today, they need to improve the car but it will be difficult to find a winnning car without Alonso, best driver in making cars the best.

Figure skating, my fav. momemt, Miss China, Lulu :):
what a comeback and retirement! one of the great comebacks of the Olympic games and is memorable for the emotion she displayed during and after her free skate. Notably, Chen bowed to her coaches following her free skating performance, as she was leaving competition ice for the last time, in gratitude for their training.
VVW5W5-IwbQ
perhaps the best night in figure skating history, the young lady fro Japan who finished 13th is the current olympic champion!
she is remember for her grace, corage and humility
qumjC1wAy24
medal ceremony!! 4'21'' this is an amzing moment
pl-Ao1QSVNs

ellen_
03-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I've heard of her but I don't really know her, I was only 10 years back then :o But it's really amazing, I had tears myself when I watched the videos. Wonderful, indeed. Very graceful lady who is not afraid of emotions. I like that.

Thanks for sharing, Isabelle :hug:

I just saw that I'll miss the F1 race of Monaco while I'm at RG :sobbing: And a top match of my football team when I'm in Munich, the last away game of the season :awww:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Good luck to everyone's international teams today (except Bulgaria ... sorry Yavor :hug:)

ellen_
03-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Spain-Turkey finally started :worship: What a relief, after that horrible match from Belgium against Bosnia :spit:

Vamos campeones!

isabelle86
03-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Di! :) is happy tonight in Belfast :)
the rest, oh well, better forget! :( perhaps a good point for Yavor and Bulgaria in Dubllin.
2nd half just started at the Bernabeu, almost 100,000 spectators, Spain 0-0 Turkey

MsTree
03-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, as expected here :rolleyes:
I'm just glad it wasn't more than 3 :p

isabelle86
03-28-2009, 10:19 PM
GOL ESPAÑA! :) 1-0 Pique 60' and the final whistle!
30 matches unbeaten since november 2006.
wednesday in Istanbul: Turkey - Spain

:Zaz:
03-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Hallo! Could anyone tell me if the BBC are gonna use 'Chains' for the Formula 1 ? I know it doesn't really impinge on the action, but its some nice nostalgia.

ellen_
03-29-2009, 08:07 AM
I am so frustrated, and it's only the beginning of the day :fiery: I want to KICK Kubica to the moon! Why did he have to take such a big risk?? I had never thought he was so stupid. Grrrrrrrr! As if that wasn't bad enough, Hamilton gets points because of this! Congrats to Button and Barrichello, but in a race like this I can't be something else than disappointed and angry.

Seba :hug: :smooch: He was so cute when he apologized to the team :awww: It wasn't your fault, sweetie :hug:

Belgium lost from Bosnia :o 2-4. Losers :spit: And look what those fine fans of Bosnia caused :rolls: The referee had to stop the match for 10 minutes because they had thrown all these fireworks on the pitch :lol: And whenever we go to that stadium, we get touched all over by the stewards - even me :angel: - just in case we have something with us. I can't understand those fans got into the stadium with all of that :shrug:

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/13183040.jpg

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/13183090.jpg

but-it's-ok
03-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Ellen:hug::hug: I just saw the last part of the F1 race. What desperate bad luck for Seba,he didn't do anything wrong:awww:

Sorry to anyone whose national football teams lost:awww::hug:

I returned from Belfast late this afternoon. I saw scenes I never want to see again:sad::mad: Poles running in on the police with fireworks,throwing anything they could find:( And then the mindless idiot who threw a missile from the crowd during the match,you imbecile:fiery::fiery:

Otherwise the match was comical. Arthur Borac,oh what a funny,:crazy:goalkeeper. He gifted Northern Ireland 2 goals,he hesitated allowing Damien Johnson to head back across for Warren Feeney to score on 10 minutes. The equaliser was just a lapse in concentration. Then came the missile hitting the 4th official,luckily he wasn't hurt,but he was very reluctant to come back onto the pitch.

In the 2nd half Johnny Evans of Man U scored after a corner swung in by McCann. Then the comical 3rd goal courtesy of Mr Borac. The ball did take a bobble,he took a slash at the ball,swung at air and the ball rolled into the net:lol:

Which ground was the Belgium/Bosnia game at Ellen. It beats me too,how they can smuggle those fireworks in if they're supposed to be searched:crazy:

Cambridge were beaten in the Boat Race again:(

ellen_
03-29-2009, 08:16 PM
It was the Cristal Arena, stadium of Genk.

ellen_
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
:eek: Now I am totally stunned. Our coach, from Lokeren, is leaving right away! No one knew about this... He would've stayed for the rest of this season normally (7 matches left), but the team who wants him offered some more money... So he leaves immediately :smash:

I'm happy about this, the fans were sick of him, but I think it's very rude to leave us just like that - without some notification in advance.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-31-2009, 12:52 AM
OMG Ellen that's never good when that happens and so close to the end of the season too!!! That's disgraceful. They have a transfer window for players, they should have one for managers too!!!

ellen_
03-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Football again tomorrow :banana: Turkey-Spain, let's hope it's more exciting than last Saturday :rolleyes: Belgium plays at Bosnia, but we can forget about the WC... for sure. Not that it matters, but they didn't sleep well last night. A heavy earthquake in Sarajevo woke them up :rolls:. Poor guys.

Good news in cycling, Cancellara will race in the Tour de Flandres on Sunday :worship: I SO wanna go and watch them at the start, the weather is gonna be beautiful - maybe not good for the race, but good for us.

And about our coach, apparently his locker is empty already. He's now at Al-Hilal, probably signing his contract. Note that we have a top match on Sunday against Anderlecht, at home :unsure: Not the perfect preperation for my team, I'd say. Loser.

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Ellen, the former coach does not deserve a mention about what he did.

fans are crazy waiting here the start at 8:00 pm of the match in the hell, Turkey vs Spain, everything is on line. Must say Turkey played very well at the Bernabeu, like a big team. It is going to be a big test and fun to watch! :)

Wonder what are the matches of two of my favourite teams tonight, Scotland and Eire. :)

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 12:07 PM
There's some big games tonight Isabelle.

Scotland are hosting Iceland,the Republic are away in Italy:help:

England are home to Ukraine. The Irish are at home to Slovenia. Wales play Germany.

So good luck to everyones teams tonight:rocker: I'm not going to a game tonight:sobbing:

Ellen,there's no loyalty even by managers:mad: Not ideal preparation for Saturday,but the players can perform for themselves;) I think its time for all contracts to be honoured,no clauses. If you walk out before the end of the contract,tough.. A lot of money could be saved in football,if managers weren't paid off for resigning,being sacked,just leaving:rolleyes: No-one else in life gets paid off for not honouring a contract,so why footballers,managers:o

Good news on Cancellara:banana:. Beautiful weather to watch,not to race,never mind:lol:

Stephie Cesc
04-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Love France and Spain, anyone?:wavey:

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I like Spain Steph so I'll be rooting for them alongside France and, of course, the Republic ;) Even though we've got NO chance against the Italians. Good luck everyone

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
I like Spain and France Steph,I am happy to support them,along with so many others I follow:lol:

Eimear funny things can happen in football,I feel positive they will at least make a decent game of tonight. I will be rooting for the Republic tonight as will my Craig:rocker: Good luck also to Sammy Clingan playing for Northern Ireland once more:banana:

I want to come back in here tomorrow to have a football:aparty:

Good luck to everyone's teams:dance:

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 06:16 PM
:lol: I'd be shocked if Craig didn't go for the Republic Di. We have beaten Italy before so stranger things have happened. I'll never forget USA 94. Ray Houghton. Woo hoo!!! I was up in my aunt's house watching the match

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 06:30 PM
This is just my opinion,no offence meant by it,but it would make Craig's life(and mine)a bit easier if there was a single Irish team playing Internationals;)

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I also remember that match Eimear, in fact all your country wanted Italy to win in the final to be able to say they have beaten the champions in the competition! :)

ohlala, Turkey scores in the 26' in a terrible mistake of the spanish defense with the offside.

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
I also remember that match Eimear, in fact all your country wanted Italy to win in the final to be able to say they have beaten the champions in the competition! :)

ohlala, Turkey scores in the 26' in a terrible mistake of the spanish defense with the offside.

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooo:(

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Ah ... yeah you know what Di? I agree with you. I mean, they have it for rugby so why they can't do it for football is beyond me. I think the rules in football are a little different to those in rugby. Wouldn't there have to be a joint league and things? I think it would be great to see because the North have some talented players like Jonny Evans (ok so I'm biased :lol:) and it would be great to see him on a big stage. I think we could have a half decent team. Did you know Darron Gibson is actually from the North but chose not to represent them and he was asked about it once on MUTV and he just said 'I don't want to talk about that'

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I cant see why they cant be merged into one,all the way down the line. And the North have Sammy Clingan of course;) A combined Ireland team would do so much better,there would be a far bigger pool of talent to choose from. The venues for matches could easily be alternated. Windsor Park needs modernising though.. Its barely fit to host major matches:o

No I didn't know that about Darron Gibson.

My Craig is torn tonight,yes he's from the Republic,but he wants to support all of the Irish,he cant do that fully if there's two teams-thats why he went with me to see Sammy in Belfast on Saturday,thats why he also believes one Irish team would be better. The next time he can get to a Republic home match,he'll go and watch them.

Italy are down to 10 men,Pazzini got sent off for violent conduct.

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Di I'm in complete agreement with you but, unfortunately, it would be a disastrous move politically and could get the troubles right back to where they were. Northern people would never accept an all-Ireland team. I don't think the Republic would mind so much. If they could do it I think they should. When George Best died they were saying it would be the ultimate tribute to him to have a United Ireland team. It would be great but sadly not something I'll see in my lifetime. I'd be very like Craig. I like to see Northern Ireland do well too because I'm for all Ireland not just the Republic. Yeah he won an award and was asked about it when presented with his reward. Everyone was a bit taken aback by how abruptly he answered

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I know it would set off the troubles again..:tears::sad::sad: Perfectly sensible,practical ideas will never happen as a result.:(

:rolls: The Scotland national anthem blasts across Hampden in its usual brash fashion, but no signs of Kerry Katona as the singer of the Iceland anthem, despite reports in several Scottish newspapers (what day is it again today?) that the former Atomic Kitten star would be leading the chorus:rolls:(from BBC Sport website).

Republic are 1 down,Iaquinta:tears:

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Eimear, You stunned me with the Republic mention, I thought you were talking about the Czechs after what happened in the Davis, I cried that sunday, go figure.
In rugby there's not northern Ireland. you won the six nations with a united team. I like to call your country Eire, it's a beautiful name. :)

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
And yet it works for the Rugby :shrug: It definitely wouldn't work for soccer though. That's why Martin O'Neill could never manage them and why Neil Kinnock was forced to retire (Was it Neil Kinnock ... I could have got his name wrong ... you know who I mean) Its crazy but then the whole situation is :sad:

MsTree
04-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Wonder what are the matches of two of my favourite teams tonight, Scotland and Eire. :)

Aw :hug: we need all the support we can get!
Our players were out getting hammered till the early hours in the morning (allegedly) so MacGregor (Gordon is a better keeper anyway) and Ferguson (great going forward but never does) are both on the bench tonight as punishment. They both got booed by the fans when their names were read out! Poor George Burley doesn't have the respect of the players, our best striker, Kris Boyd won't play for him :(

Good luck to everyone's teams!!!!:)

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Its just more practical to call it the Republic and Northern Ireland. Its easier to keep track of it that way. Yeah I love Eire too. Its a lovely name. Personally I just say I'm from Ireland but there are so many people here who get confused and don't understand that Northern Ireland isn't Ireland so using the Republic is just easier ... especially in football

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Eire are 1-0 down to Italy unfortunately :(

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 07:25 PM
This is far from a party night for football so far. All our teams are either drawing or losing:sad::tears: Play up,I want something to go:banana:about.

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Gol España Xavi Alonso Penalty 62' 1-1 :) (clear handball)

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeeeeeeeeessssssssssss. I wished for a party and:woohoo::aparty: Isabelle,let the joyous news be spread - Spain have scored...:rocker:

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Lesley, everytime I hear the anthem of Scotland is so beautiful, Flower of Scotland :)

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Di! you almost called the penalty from Chesterfield! :rolls: only 20 seconds later! :lol:
the turkish team did not protest, it was very clear.

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm sooooo excited:lol:

And England have scored,volley from Peter Crouch(a former Norwich player):aparty: Yeeeeeeesssss.

MsTree
04-01-2009, 07:41 PM
WOW :eek:
Scotland have scored! :dance: Ross McCormack :dance: :woohoo: 1-0

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
WOW :eek:
Scotland have scored! :dance: Ross McCormack :dance: :woohoo: 1-0

:woohoo::banana:Les:hug: This is more like it:rocker:

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Bravisima Scotland Of My Heart!! :)

MsTree
04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
I like Peter Crouch, and I especially love his dancing :dance: :devil:

They've just said on Radio Scotland that they were getting conflicting reports on the Spanish penalty and that the official sources have it as 1-0 to Turkey :confused: Strange one!

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I know betexplorer gives the score as 1-1,the rest give the score as 1-0 to Turkey:help::confused::(

Crouchy and his 'break dancing':rolls::hysteric: Germany are 2 up vs Wales:(

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Gol España 1-2 Riera 91' :)

isabelle86
04-01-2009, 07:59 PM
final score, Turkey 1 - 2 Spain, good win :), Turkey deserved more.;) great match!:cool:
Casillas the best tonight, sad: Marcos Senna injured in a violent foul.
Spain leader of the group! :) 6 matches 6 wins, 18 points!! :)

Spain, 31 matches unbeaten streak continues since nov 2006. nice comeback in the hell of Istanbul.

good night everyone!! and best of good luck for your teams!! :)

MsTree
Well that should be that Isabelle! Vamos!!! They gave the score as 2-1 to Spain that time! Wonder what happened to make them unsure of the pen?

but-it's-ok
OMG now Sky have confirmed Alonso's penalty.. Now Albert Riera scores in injury time:woohoo: I am so:confused:by the scoring other sport sites,TV,radio have:help::lol:

Whats taken them so long to confirm that penalty:confused:

Congrats Espana:woohoo::banana:

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Go on Crouchy my son!!!

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 08:02 PM
well done Spain!!! Buenas noches isabelle!!!

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Go on Crouchy my son!!!

:hug:

The Republic/NI now need to RSVP,and quick:rocker2:

OMG Poland have put 8 past San Marino,and there's 20 minutes to go yet:sobbing:

Buenas noches Isabelle:hug:

MsTree
04-01-2009, 08:12 PM
:eek: 1-1 at Hampden :eek:
Jo's just been broken by Nole :eek:

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 08:17 PM
:eek: 1-1 at Hampden :eek:
Jo's just been broken by Nole :eek:
:(

EDIT: OMG Poland 10(TEN) San Marino 0:tears::help: FULL TIME,thank goodness,poor San Marino. Kudos to the Poles for managing to put the ball in the onion bag ten times though.

EDIT2: Feeney did it again NI 1 Slovenia 0:banana:

MsTree
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
2-1 to Scotland Steven Fletcher :woohoo:

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Éire Abu!!!!

MsTree
04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
EDIT: OMG Poland 10(TEN) San Marino 0:tears::help: FULL TIME,thank goodness,poor San Marino. Kudos to the Poles for managing to put the ball in the onion bag ten times though.

!!!! TEN !!!! OMG!!!!

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Yup,its true:sad:

Scotland the Brave:woohoo: Eire,come on grab a goal somehow:rocker:

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Ukraine just equalised:(

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 08:39 PM
1-1 in Italy :woohoo: :banana: :dance: :yippee:

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 08:42 PM
1-1 in Italy :woohoo: :banana: :dance: :yippee:

Excuse the delayed reaction:lol: Craig just nearly knocked me flat:lol:
:aparty: Roooooooobbbbbbbbiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee :woohoo::worship: Nice right foot shot and finish:dance:

MsTree
04-01-2009, 08:44 PM
:lol: what a mental night! Scotland are absolutely hammering Iceland, loads of shots on goal and bucketloads of fighting spirit!
Come on Eire!!!! :woohoo: Go for the winner now! :)
Did Crouchy do his dance after he scored Di? That was James Cordon's advice to him for him to score more :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Craig got a tad excited then Di? :lol: I am chuffed with that result against Italy in Italy :woohoo: :banana: :dance:

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Errrrrr yes Les he did:lol: Described as ridiculous,oh spoil sports:ras:

Another 1-0 for Northern Ireland in Belfast:dance:

Eimear Craig is rivalling Crouchy for ridiculous dancing right now:rolls: And he's sober:rolls: Oh bless him:inlove: He's very,very happy and so am I:yippee:

I'm so:sad:about the Belgium result,oh Ellen:hug:

I see Bulgaria won 2-0 too:dance: Great:yeah:

MsTree
04-01-2009, 08:53 PM
FT An enthralling win for Scotland 2-1
England have scored! Maybe the :dance: worked after all :lol:

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 08:55 PM
John Terry:dance::banana: Did I mention a while ago that a football:aparty:wasn't looking too likely??:lol: Well now:aparty::dance::music::worship::yippee::crazy:
:banana:

France won too:dance:

Eimear O'Mahony
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Give Craig a HUGE hug from me Di!!!! Les I'm very happy for Scotland. I have a soft spot for them because of Fergie and Fletch. This DEFINITELY calls for a party :aparty: :bounce: :rocker: :rocker2: :yippee: :dance: :banana: :crazy:

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks Eimear,you wish was my command:hug: 4 of 5 home nations didn't lose,thats great news. Wales you party poopers:awww:

I feel for Ellen though:awww::awww: We need to be ready to cheer her up;)

ellen_
04-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Awww, very nice that you want to cheer me up but to be honest... I didn't even watch the match of Belgian :spit:

Nole, baby :banana: :rocker: And Spain :worship: Xabi Alonso and Riera in add time :kiss:

but-it's-ok
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Ellen-Yay,you do have reasons to be cheerful:hug::hug: Maybe it was best you didn't see the Belgian match then.

I like Nole a lot and Jo is going up in my affections.

Nichele Hull
04-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Congrats to France Spain England Scotland Bulgaria for their win today in football :hug: I'm just getting the results now. Didn't know they played today :lol: Maybe a win next time for Ireland and Belgium

isabelle86
04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
first and most important, Ellen!!! :hug: your team still have chances to do very well, don't give up hope!

All the others, you made me laugh so much reading your comments, great enthusiasm! love it!! "I am sooooo excited"!! :):worship: don't know what means "Éire Abu"!!!! ;)

Mint Chip
04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Trinidad and Tobago losing to thre U.S. 3-0 is embrassing. I'm in shock at least lose to a country good :o

ellen_
04-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Forget about the national teams, it's weekend again :banana: Busy weekend, I'd say.

Formula 1 in Sepang, qualies tomorrow morning at 11am CET! I really hope Seba Vettel can do good, because of his 10-grid penalty :tears:. I'm still angry :fiery: But the fact that Hamilton is being removed from the finish list in Australia is making it up BIG time! :spit:

Tour de Flandres on Sunday :worship: This is celebrated like a holiday in Flandres, I'm looking forward to it! I think the winner will be Flecha, Pozzato, Boonen, or Haussler.

Top match for my team in football on Sunday evening, we play Anderlecht at home. BUT, we almost have new coach :worship: Aleksandar Janković. He was assistent coach a couple of years ago so he knows the team, and he worked together with one of our magic coaches Slavojub Muslin. I wanted a young coach for our team, and he's only 36 :yeah:. He's Serbian. It's perfect! :lol:

I'm gonna ignore Mint Chip's signature because I really wanna try to be a part of the happy bunch again :rolleyes:

but-it's-ok
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Ellen:hug: I'm gonna miss F1 qualifying tomorrow cos I'll be off to Norwich. So,could you do me a favour,and report on the session for me?;)

Will you be going to see Tour de Flandres or am I asking a daft question here?:lol: Boonen is one of the cyclists I am familiar with,he definitely has a good shot at winning;)

Good luck to your new coach,he was previously assistant so he should do well for Lokeren. Congratulations to him,wishing him luck. He's Serbian,thats perfect for you:banana: I have hopes that he'll make a good start;)

I'll post again tomorrow before I set off for the match(if MTF is awake:o)

Nole:hearts::banana: Congrats to him. Federer,thats the worst I've ever seen him play.

Mint Chip
04-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Utterly the best meltdown of the year goes to Fedmug :worship: I felt bad for him it was painful to watch. I'm glad that he still wants it and he showed it

but-it's-ok
04-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Good luck to everyones teams today:rocker: I'm off to Norwich shortly. We're playing Sheffield Wednesday,three of my neighbours support the Owls,our record isn't good against them. Hoping for 3 points today,we still need maximum points.

Enjoy your sporting day everyone:hug::hug: Later:wavey:

Cloudygirl
04-04-2009, 08:14 AM
I really don't like Lewis Hamilton

ellen_
04-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Di, my report from the qualies in Sepang ;)

Alonso is sick :awww: He has an inflamed ear and quite a lot of fever. Nevertheless, he's a man you can always count on so he made it into the last qualie. Vettel did great but will get his 10-grid penalty... McLaren was a big joke again :spit: And I am SOOO liking it. Massa sucks again, but he always does in the first 2 races :rolls:. It's actually not the car that is bad, because even Raikkonen can make it until the last qualie :lol: But obviously, the teams with the diffuser are doing much better than all the rest... (Toyota, Brawn GP and Williams)

The starting grid:

1. Button (Brawn)
2. Trulli (Toyota)
3. Glock (Toyota)
4. Rosberg (Williams)
5. Webber (Red Bull)
6. Kubica (BMW)
7. Raikkonen (Ferrari)
8. Alonso (Renault)
9. Barrichelo (Brawn) (due to a 5-grid penalty)
10. Heidfeld (BMW)
11. Nakajima (Williams)
12. Hamilton (McLaren)
13. Vettel (Red Bull) (due to a 10-grid penalty)
14. Kovalainen (McLaren)
15. Bourdais (Toro Rosso)
16. Massa (Ferrari) :spit:
17. Piquet jr (Renault) (very bad again, will probably be replaced soon :awww:)
18. Fisichella (Force India)
19. Sutil (Force India)
20. Buemi (Toro Rosso)

But as we know, things change a lot...even after the race. It's ridiculous and very sad for the fans, I think. So many things happened this week :rolleyes:. Did you know about the changes for next year btw? They won't be able to add fuel during a race anymore :scratch: And they can't use those heating things for the tires anymore, so they will have to start with cold tires :unsure:.

Unexpected news about cyclocross - Niels Albert broke up with his girlfriend, Ellen :awww: They were building a house together, very sad.

And have you heard about the football match Republic of Côte d'Ivoire - Malawi, in qualies for WC? 22 people died and 132 people are injured because of a collapsed wall in the stadium. Our goalkeeper, Copa, plays for Côte d'Ivoire and saw it all :awww: He also went to the hospital to visit the injured people.

Cloudygirl
04-05-2009, 02:04 AM
I didn't know about next years changes.I don't think I like the no refuelling during the race thing. I think it makes it more exciting and more strategic. So they can't put warm tyres on during a race when they change? Won't that be dangerous.

I love formula 1 to bits have done for years. It is my next best thing to tennis.

I heard about the football match that was really tragic.

ellen_
04-05-2009, 07:08 AM
They said "they won't be able to use tire heaters anymore next year". I don't know how it's really gonna work, but imo that is very dangerous :unsure: It takes more than 1 lap to get some heat in the tires. Many are gonna crash a wall in that lap, write that down :rolleyes:

The refuelling makes it indeed strategic, that's why I hate this rule. I also hate the pointsystem. Everyone hated it, so they're going to start working with it in 2010 in stead of now? If everyone hates it, forget about it then! They are seriously ruining this sport.

Norwich lost :awww: Di :hug:

MsTree
04-05-2009, 07:18 AM
What a shame, those poor folk at the Ivory Coast match, the gates were broken down by fans without tickets trying to get into the game! Madness. :eek:

I don't really do F1 but come on whoever it is you guys are supporting!

Di :hug: you're still a point above the relegation zone! Squeaky bum end of season coming up for both of us :lol:
We managed a win yesterday so we're four points clear of Falkirk, who play Rangers today. We managed to leapfrog a couple of teams so we're in that "fashionable" fourth from bottom spot :devil:

In Scotland's other big sporting news story, Allan MacGregor and Barry Ferguson have been banned for life from playing for Scotland :dance::dance::dance: After their late night drinking binge they were benched for the match v Iceland (which we won!) and they were spotted being disrespectful to the manager (or the fans depending on which paper you read)
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45626000/jpg/_45626766_fergusonmcgregor_sns203.jpg
They're a pair of numpties and no big loss imo, with Ferguson in particular we play much better when he's not on the pitch!

isabelle86
04-05-2009, 07:38 AM
what time does the race starts in the jungle of Sepang? it was the the first and best circuit layout designed by Tilke, long time partner of Bernie, all the others cirucit that he made later are a bad copy and worst.

ellen_
04-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Isa, it starts at 11am CET.

isabelle86
04-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks Ellen! I am in enemy territory. This weekend in Torino visiting friends, as you know Torino means Fiat.
Italia: we can combined all the serie a clubs and they are nothing compared to the love for the Scuderia, Ferrari is the team of Italy, there are banners and flags everywhere. Tifosi are concerned with the car and drivers.
don't need to mention I will root for Seba as always! :)

ellen_
04-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Who loves the serie A clubs anyway? :spit: Not me! But maybe the Italians better watch some football today :p Sepang is a track for Ferrari but I'm afraid they will be very disappointed after the race ;)

Did you see Seba's interview after the qualies? :awww: He's so adorable, always smiling even when he talked about the stupid 10-grid penalty. I like that boy. And I hope Fernando is feeling better already, poor thing.

Message to Lewser: BEHAVE :armed:

Tour de Flandres has officially started! :banana: I'm so nervous! Plus, our football match against Anderlecht tonight :eek: Plus F1, makes it one beautiful but stressful Sunday for me!

but-it's-ok
04-05-2009, 08:28 AM
I am soooooo cross about yesterdays match:mad::fiery: In the 2nd half we had a goal disallowed,the 4th official said our striker David Mooney had fouled their keeper in scoring.. I have a video that seems to prove otherwise. Their defender appears to foul his own goalkeeper..Mooney never touched anyone. Three points gone because of THAT decision,at this stage of this season:tears: I have never left our ground so angry,almost in tears.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED04%20Apr%202009%2017%3A21%3A32%3A720 To see the video just click on the play button.

Les,the squeaky bum thing:lol: Rafa Benitez needed a translation of that expression the other day when the press were talking to him about Fergie.

Those Scotland players,oh dear:o Caley:dance: Hearing that result cheered me up no end;) We're in that 'fashionable' 4th from bottom spot too:lol:

That Ivory Coast disaster,OMG Ellen your goalkeeper saw it all:tears::tears: Why do they let games go on after such things happen?? Copa went to the hospital to visit the injured:awww:

Sorry about Niels,Ellen:awww: Breaking up is hard:awww:

Ellen thanks for your report;):hug: These rule changes are indeed:crazy:and dangerous. The rule makers are insane,not being able to use tyre heaters,that is madness:fiery: It takes time for tyres to warm up...what are they thinking of?:mad:

Moto GP are making stupid rule changes too,this season. Electronic and hydraulic launch control systems and electronic suspension systems have been banned.

And riders will be allowed to use no more than five engines between the mid-season break and the end of the season. Engine changes only apply to Moto GP class,rather than 125cc/250cc.

No Free Practice sessions,just qualifying which is going to be shorter 45 minutes rather than an hour:eek: Thats in all classes.

Ellen I hope today goes well for you on all sporting fronts;)

isabelle86
04-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I love them! :) I had more than 10 shirts of clubs of the serie A, just imagine!! :lol:
I will tell you all my shirts I have: Lazio, Napoli, Inter, Torino, Roma, Genoa, Milan, Juventus, Caglari, Palermo and Fiorentina!!! what you think now? :lol:
:secret: I dont have the one of the Squadra Azzura and I do not like Ferrari!! ;)

Seba is a future F1 champion, he is very talented! Sepang is a circuit where it is easy to vertake with the two long straights. Didn't know Alonso was sick!

Do you want to predict the outcome of the race? I have no clue! :)

What time does the football match starts, do you play in Brussels or at home? I will try to watch if I am not in the plane to Marbella!

ellen_
04-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Di :hug: What the hell is that defender of the opponent doing there anyway? :scratch: His elbow is pushing the goalie aside :confused: It's very painful but the 4th official made a big mistake. How could he have seen that better than the linesman or referee btw??? :fiery:

Isa, we play at home. The match starts at 8.30pm CET.

I absolutely don't like Italian football.

I was trying to predict the outcome of the F1 race but I honestly have no idea either. I think the Brawn cars will do good again though. The car is reliable and the drivers are very good too. It's easy to overtake, that's why I'm so scared of Hamilton :unsure: Alonso at 9, I hope he can end before him! It's about to start! Bye :wavey: It has been raining, a lot! :eek:

but-it's-ok
04-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Ellen:awww::hug:thanks. I know:( When the goal was disallowed,there were kids along my row:sobbing: We've had some big decisions go against us this season. I don't know how the linesman couldn't tell that our striker wasn't involved,I mean the shirts are bright enough. I mean is he colour blind????:fiery: If there's any doubt then the goal should have stood. We could go down because of this pathetic decision. We saw it clearly,the video just confirms our worst fears:tears:

ellen_
04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Can't they hire decent weather guys, no???! :fiery: Seba :bigcry: Couldn't you just hold on for one more minute, Seba... :awww:

Red flag! :eek: At least the filthy track can be washed now :rolleyes: Pfff.

btw, the new Kers system is about the only thing that works properly in the McLaren cars :rolls:

Did someone hear the team radio between Massa and his crew? Massa was freaking out and the guy answered him "Felipe, baby, stay calm" :spit: And one of his mechanics asked Lewis if he wanted to finish the race and he said no :rolls: So the mechanic made some chicken movement towards him :haha: This is so much fun, I heard someone saying 'we are gonna be here forever'.

I miss those storms here in Belgium btw :awww: It's so beautiful, but I hate it that it's so unpredictable there in Malaysia.

MsTree
04-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I find it strange that they knew it was going to rain, they knew it would more than likely be torrential, they predicted the start of the rain to within three minutes - but they didn't move the race forward by an hour so they could get it finished in a oner? :confused:

Oh and I'm fascinated by the pit - car commentaries too! :lol:
None of them want to restart!

ellen_
04-05-2009, 10:31 AM
They predicted it was going to rain 5 minutes after the start, very strange but I haven't seen rain then. They always said 'in 12 minutes'. 5 minutes after that, they said 'in 10 minutes', etc... Kimi changed his tires when they said 'in 3 minutes', but it lasted for more than 10 minutes again. I'm sure it's hard to predict there, but you can train on these things. It's getting dark too btw... And we're only half way. I don't know if moving the race forward was possible? Have they done that in the past? I find that weird because of the fans, television broadcasts, etc.

I want Hamilton to give up :rolleyes: Damnit. :lol: He should be scared! The lighting hit the stand more than once already :p

Restart!

MsTree
04-05-2009, 10:37 AM
The BBC commentators said at the start of the commentary (an hour before race start) that they knew it was going to rain, and that it had rained at the same time yesterday and the day before.
I didn't think of the TV schedules though, and that'll be exactly why it wasn't rescheduled! Silly me! :lol:

isabelle86
04-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Button wins again. the hottest driver. so cool! race stopped.

ellen_
04-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Pff, it's over. So they'll get the points like this, or what? Button won. But I'm afraid Alonso was behind Hamilton :rolleyes: Grrrr.

Tour de Flandres now then.

Edit: It's over! Stijn Devolder won! :worship: I absolutely love that guy, he's so strong. Unfortunately Cancellara had to give up... Poor Fabian has a lot of problems, personally and fysically. It was so sad when he had to give up. But Stijn :worship:

ellen_
04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I calmed down a bit now so I can write a bit about our match against Anderlecht from yesterday :lol:

I honestly can't live with the fact that we get the same stupid referee every single time we play an important match. We didn't get a penalty, Killian got kicked of the pitch but the opponent didn't get a card, a player was allowed to kick our goalie 2 meters in the air but didn't get a card, etc... while Killian got a yellow card for holding the ball for less than 5 seconds after the referee gave a free kick for the opponent.

But 0-0 against Anderlecht is okay, especially without a coach :lol: The players from Anderlecht said they get nightmares from our goalie and defence, and you'll see why if you look at the summary :rolls: We were so lucky. http://media.vrtnieuws.net/2009/04/102509773ONL0904056733808_wmvhi.wmv

Time for a new start, our new coach will sign his contract today and he was at the match yesterday. Besides that, I'm praying for my Killian :tears: It looked really serious and I hope he'll be back for the match at Standard Liège next week :unsure: He got some studs on his left Achilles tendon. It started to swell so he decided to stay inside during half time.

MsTree
04-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh Ellen! At least your new coach has started work, it worked a treat with us! Hope your Killian is OK too :)
Why is always when you desperately need the points all the decisions go against you and when you're flying you get all the luck? One of football's great mysteries ;)

but-it's-ok
04-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Congrats to Stijn:banana:

Referees:fiery: I am right off them just now. I am sure some of them set out to deliberately ruin games:fiery: We don't get the same stupid referees,we just get stupid referees 7/10 times:(:(

Thanks for the summary Ellen. You did get a bit lucky indeed:lol: Defences often lead such a charmed life,but if they stick to their task,they do sometimes get the luck.

I am sorry to hear about Killian:sad::awww: I hope he'll be fit again soon. It certainly doesn't sound too good:(

Good luck to your Serbian coach:rocker2:

but-it's-ok
04-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Good luck to everyones teams today. I'm in Swansea for our game,making the most of very generous mates hospitality, a nice 5 hour mainly motorway drive I had yesterday:dance: No trouble at all.

May everyones teams be 3 points better off this weekend;) Enjoy your sporting day everyone:hug::hug:

MsTree
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Good luck Norwich! And everyone else's teams :)
We're away to Aberdeen today, very tough match I predict 1-1 seeing as I'm such an optimistic wee soul :devil:

ellen_
04-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Good luck for everyone's team from me also :)

We have an away game at Standard Liège :unsure: Currently ranked 1st, and champion of last year. And I've just heard the news that Killian won't be able to play :awww: Which reminds me that I should get ready or I won't be able to be there either :rolls:. Pfff, looong busdrive waits :zzz:

MsTree
04-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Well we lost 1-0 :( And Lokeren lost 1-0 :sad:

But Norwich :woohoo::dance::banana: won 2-0 :D

Naina
04-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Good luck to LIVERPOOL:worship: in the Champions league though I know it is going to be next to impossible to win:(:mad:. Come on guys...:angel: Surprise your fans;)

Ohh and congrats to everyone whose team won :)
and :hug: for those whose team lost. :)

but-it's-ok
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks Naina:hug:

Les:hug::hug: I'm sorry about Caley:sad: There's still time.

Norwich still have work to do,but yep we'll take the 2-0 win,its never pretty at this stage of the season,the results are more important than the performance;) We got a huge slice of luck with an outrageously good own goal to set us on our way to the win:lol: Dependendable Doc Gary Docherty scored the 2nd goal. I couldn't go to the match:sad:

Now we need to win the big East Anglian derby at their place on Sunday. Prays*

I wish Liverpool could pull off a miracle win tonight,if they score early,things could get interesting. I still have hope. Vamos Torres:rocker:

ellen_
04-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Liverpool !! :bounce: Go for the miracle, boys! :rocker2:

And yes, we lost this weekend. But I'm not really sad. I saw a good organized team, although they obviously missed Killian on the midfield, and some nice combinations so I was quite happy :yeah:

And Tom Boonen won Paris-Roubaix :bounce: for the people who didn't know it yet! :banana:

*Raine
04-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins :worship::worship::worship:

*Sorry if it's random, I couldn't help it*

I won't be watching the Liverpool and Chelsea match here since it will start at 2 am here. :o

Hmm.. I'll choose Liverpool over Chelsea this time. Go Reds.

Eimear: Macheda's kind of cute. :angel:

ellen_
04-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Random F1 gossip: Richard Branson has tried to seduce Jenson Button's girlfriend, Jessica :haha: Jenson was pissed off, apparently :lol:

Still no decision about the new diffuser btw, probably tomorrow. And apparently they would lose ALL of their points if it's illegal. Which means someone else will become the new leader, and that someone happens to be Fernando Alonso :angel:

Naina
04-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Random F1 gossip: Richard Branson has tried to seduce Jenson Button's girlfriend, Jessica :haha: Jenson was pissed off, apparently :lol:
Still no decision about the new diffuser btw, probably tomorrow. And apparently they would lose ALL of their points if it's illegal. Which means someone else will become the new leader, and that someone happens to be Fernando Alonso :angel:
:eek:
Ok isnt Richard Branson the airline guy who is always sucking up to Venus williams before wimbledon or is he a driver:confused:. Sorry I dnt watch F1 anymore (ever since Micheal S. retired)but I do love gossip:o.

I do think Button is cute though:angel:(all comes dwn to that in the end. I am seriously shallow:devil:)

MsTree
04-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Button is pretty cute :hearts:
I'm going to have to do a wee
Come on Chelsea!!!
Just to even it up a bit :devil: Although they'll struggle in defence tonight, I doubt even a 5 man defence will make up for missing Terry and Bosingwa :eek:

Naina
04-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Button is pretty cute :hearts:
I'm going to have to do a wee
Come on Chelsea!!!
Just to even it up a bit :devil: Although they'll struggle in defence tonight, I doubt even a 5 man defence will make up for missing Terry and Bosingwa :eek:

I hope they struggle loads. At least give us a competetitve match to watch:angel:

ellen_
04-14-2009, 05:56 PM
:eek:
Ok isnt Richard Branson the airline guy who is always sucking up to Venus williams before wimbledon or is he a driver:confused:. Sorry I dnt watch F1 anymore (ever since Micheal S. retired)but I do love gossip:o.

I do think Button is cute though:angel:(all comes dwn to that in the end. I am seriously shallow:devil:)

Yep, he's the airline guy ;) And also the sponsor of Button's team, Brawn GP.

Naina
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Yep, he's the airline guy ;) And also the sponsor of Button's team, Brawn GP.

Ouch:o
No wonder he is pissed.
If I remember correctly Micheal S. stole some guy's GF and married her:eek:. dnt remember the other guy's name. Seems to be a trend in F1:rolleyes:.

MsTree
04-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I hope they struggle loads. At least give us a competetitve match to watch:angel:

HT and you've got your wish! Chelsea :eek:
I guess if you were a Chelsea fan this might come close to watching Gillou's match today!

MsTree
04-14-2009, 08:40 PM
FT And we both got our wish! :)
What a match!!! Looked like Chelsea were going to get totally humped and then all those goals!
Blue is the colour... :D:D:D

ellen_
04-14-2009, 08:42 PM
:fiery: Chelsea :fiery: I am NOT a happy bunny right now :bigcry:

MsTree
04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
:tape::tape::tape:

:angel:

*Raine
04-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Go Red Devils. :devil: :bounce::bounce::bounce:

The match here will be at 2 am :o but I'll definitely watch it live. :D:clap2::yippee:

ellen_
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Raine, we are the only red devils - Belgium :p

F1 news - Ron Dennis quit F1! :eek: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/apr/16/ron-dennis-mclaren-formula-one

Scotso
04-17-2009, 07:22 PM
go Phillies! :D

reeeepeat!

but-it's-ok
04-18-2009, 08:38 AM
In NHL,my team Anaheim Ducks are 1-0 up in Western Conference play off series vs San Jose:dance:. They won their 1st game 2-0. Scott Niedermayer and Ryan Getzlaf scored priceless goals in the 3rd period of the game.

Special good luck to Caley vs Hamilton:rocker2: I am pulling for them so hard Les:hug:

Good luck to everyones teams,whether they're going for the Premiership title,European qualification,Cup glory or survival in their league:rocker2::banana:

Norwich play big East Anglian derby match at Portman Road tomorrow 12.45 kick-off. I'm soooooo nervous:lol:

MsTree
04-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks Di :hug: We need all the support we can get! Another squeaky bum afternoon coming up with yet another six pointer :eek: However ~ since we got into this league every single end of season has seen us safe from relegation but short of the top six come the split and we've had nothing to play for! So I see this relegation fight as a good thing as it's quite exciting :eek: it'll stop any complacency setting in :o and in my heart of hearts I think we'll make it :angel:
Good luck to Lokeren, and Norwich tomorrow :) Let's make it a 9 pt weekend for the wee teams :D
Good luck Stan and Andy, I'm hoping Andy might at least take a set off Rafa :p
And I'm also cheering Graeme Dott in the Snooker WCs.
Well done Vettle making pole!
Well done Scotland's Mens Curling team who beat Canada to win their Final in the WCs :D I'm not the slightest bit interested in curling but just felt like celebrating a rare Scottish victory :D

ellen_
04-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Seba and Nando :banana: :bounce: P1 and P2 for my boys :worship: I hope their car will hold :unsure:

We play at home against Germinal Beerschot Antwerp. They aren't playing so well right now, so let's hope we can keep the 3 points at home.

Naina
04-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Goodluck to all your teams people :):bounce:

Fingers crossed that liverpool arent too bummed bout the loss in CL midweek:sad:. We arent playing this weekend coz we play tuesday night so no special interest in soccer this weekend :yawn:

but-it's-ok
04-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Les:hug: 1-1,well you're still in there fighting:rocker2:

We're back in the bottom 3,courtesy of Forest beating Coventry:ras:

So,onto our game tomorrow. I am so up for our game,I am hyper:lol: Just so:sad:I cant be there:sad::sad:

ON THE BALL CITY:rocker2:

ellen_
04-18-2009, 11:14 PM
We won :banana: Scored 1-0 in the 7th minute of additional time. Reason for that much of extra time was because hooligans had to run on the pich for 3 times :tape: So the match had to be stopped several times. I'm happy to be still alive, because I was surrounded by them :lol:

Looking forward to the F1 race now :bounce:

*Raine
04-19-2009, 04:05 AM
Vamos Pittsburgh Penguins. :bowdown::bowdown::woohoo::woohoo:

Raine, we are the only red devils - Belgium :p

F1 news - Ron Dennis quit F1! :eek: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/apr/16/ron-dennis-mclaren-formula-one
Suuure, whatever that will make you feel better. :p

go Phillies! :D

reeeepeat!

:ras::ras::nerner::nerner: Bring it on.. you guys are going to lose anyway.

MsTree
04-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks Di! :hug: A draw is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :devil: We're 2nd bottom now but still 4 points clear so more squeaky bum weekends coming up :) More good luck to Norwich for today :)
I'm watching the F1 race, pretty miserable weather!

ellen_
04-19-2009, 08:48 AM
I quite enjoyed the F1 race! Especially if Vettel keeps leading and Hamilton keeps spinning :rolls:

6 more laps Seba, 6 more... :kiss: I wanna kiss him! Damn he did well! :worship:

Edit: No! Safety car! Sutil! :fiery: .... Oh no, apparently not :scratch:

MsTree
04-19-2009, 09:00 AM
I bet the Red Bull Team have a massive party tonight :D Good stuff from them!
Button's still doing well too :)

ellen_
04-19-2009, 09:10 AM
I wanna be at that party too :banana:

but-it's-ok
04-19-2009, 02:12 PM
We lost 3-2 away at Ipswich-we were winning 1-0 with 15 minutes gone:sobbing::tears: We need to win our last two matches to have any hope of staying in The Championship(home to Reading a week tomorrow) and Charlton(already relegated) on Sunday 3rd May. We lie 22nd in the table,clinging on...

We also need to rely on Barnsley losing all their games,Forest picking up no more than 2 points(they still have to play Southampton who lie in 23rd place-2 points behind us in the table right now)

Naina
04-19-2009, 04:35 PM
We lost 3-2 away at Ipswich-we were winning 1-0 with 15 minutes gone:sobbing::tears: We need to win our last two matches to have any hope of staying in The Championship(home to Reading a week tomorrow) and Charlton(already relegated) on Sunday 3rd May. We lie 22nd in the table,clinging on...

We also need to rely on Barnsley losing all their games,Forest picking up no more than 2 points(they still have to play Southampton who lie in 23rd place-2 points behind us in the table right now)

:hug:
Hopefully that is exactly what would happen:D. Where is barnsley in the table? And why such huge gaps between the times your team play matches?

Good for red bull:bounce:. I watched a little bit. Funny race really.;)

but-it's-ok
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM
:awww:thanks Naina:hug:

Barnsley have played one game less than us. They are playing the game in midweek. Its just the way things have worked out,because we were playing our local team today,the police advised Ipswich to move the kick off time,and also switched from Saturday to Sunday. The matches between our rivals are almost NEVER played on Saturdays..
This is how close the bottom of the table is in The Championship:eek::help:

19 Plymouth 44 7 5 10 30 33 6 6 10 13 22 -12 50
20 Nottm Forest 44 7 7 8 24 27 5 6 11 22 36 -17 49
21 Barnsley 43 8 6 8 27 23 4 5 12 14 32 -14 47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 Norwich 44 9 5 8 35 26 3 5 14 20 38 -9 46
23 Southampton 44 4 9 9 21 27 6 5 11 22 37 -21 44
24 Charlton 43 5 7 9 27 34 2 7 13 19 35 -23 35 (relegated)

*Raine
04-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Scotso: Your Phillies lost to the Penguins yesterday. :p :lol::clap2::bigclap::worship:
[/end of gloating]

MsTree
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Di :hug: 0-2, hard one to take :(
We didn't play this weekend so I had a weekend off from footie, but I was cheering for my pals team Dunfermline - who got humped :sad:
Button won another Grand Prix though, nice one :)

but-it's-ok
04-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Les:hug: I think we've had it. We just couldn't string enough passes together to create enough opportunities. Reading scored twice with two headers. We go to Charlton obviously needing a win,but if Barnsley get any kind of result we'll be in League 1.

I have to say though,we will deserve to be down in that League,we haven't been consistent enough,we cant blame injuries cos we have barely had any.

What grates me is that there were people ringing the local Norfolk radio stations last night blaming Delia:(:mad: If it weren't for her,Norwich City would be out of business now.

I am prepared for League 1 football,and will urge them on from there. I just feel sorry for the 17,000 people who are hard core(attending every home game)who have already renewed their season tickets:worship: (me included). We have too many loan players who don't give a crap about the club,the best two we had this season ironically were loaned to us from Reading(Leroy Lita and David Mooney).

Its just going to be heartbreaking for me if as I expect we go down to League 1(I have friends in Peterborough) who dreamed of playing Norwich in The Championship. They secured promotion to The Championship on Saturday:banana: I am upset for them. I just am a teeny bit fed up-supporting it seems eternal losers:(

MsTree
04-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I just am a teeny bit fed up-supporting it seems eternal losers:(

:hug::hug::hug:
That's what makes you special Di, you're not in it for the glory, you're there supporting your team because they're YOUR TEAM! If you were only interested in supporting winners then you'd be a Man U fan (sorry Raine). You take the rough with the smooth and the wins (when they come) are all the sweeter for being hard fought. Same goes for tennis, it's great when your player's doing well but they're not going to win all the time, and if you wanted to support a winner then you'd be ditching Federer for Nadal right about now. Keep the faith! :) :hug:

Scotso
04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Scotso: Your Phillies lost to the Penguins yesterday. :p :lol::clap2::bigclap::worship:
[/end of gloating]

Penguins are hockey, Phillies are baseball. :p

but-it's-ok
05-01-2009, 10:56 PM
:hug::hug::hug:
That's what makes you special Di, you're not in it for the glory, you're there supporting your team because they're YOUR TEAM! If you were only interested in supporting winners then you'd be a Man U fan (sorry Raine). You take the rough with the smooth and the wins (when they come) are all the sweeter for being hard fought. Same goes for tennis, it's great when your player's doing well but they're not going to win all the time, and if you wanted to support a winner then you'd be ditching Federer for Nadal right about now. Keep the faith! :) :hug:

Les,thanks:hug::hug:

Whilst I remember(as I am up to my neck in football again this weekend:lol:),special good luck to Caley vs St Mirren tomorrow,I really am pulling for your team hard.

I want two amazing results this weekend,so some kind of:aparty:can start here:banana: Come on Plymouth:angel:help us too;)

Good luck to everyones teams indeed this weekend. Whatever you guys sporting pleasures this weekend,enjoy them,hope your heroes make you happy and fulfil your dreams;):hug::hug:

MsTree
05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Come on Norwich!!! (and Plymouth!)

but-it's-ok
05-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Come on Norwich!!! (and Plymouth!)

Thanks Les:hug: I'll be on the train down a little later this afternoon. I'm more nervous about this game then any other Norwich game ever,but I'll take your positive vibes with me;)

As for me having to support Plymouth too:lol:

MsTree
05-02-2009, 10:27 AM
:lol: You can return the favour by supporting Motherwell too :devil:
Fingers crossed for you! :hug:

but-it's-ok
05-02-2009, 10:29 AM
OK I'll do that:yeah: Gooooooo Motherwell:angel:

To get me in the mood for our tense match,this is our glorious celebration of promotion to the Premier League in 2003/2004. I was in the masses outside the City Hall that night,unforgettable.

Finally sussed this video pasting lark:lol:

ppSaKSoQRew

MsTree
05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Well we won 2-1 :woohoo: both our goals from defenders, Munro and Tokely, we're back up to the dizzy heights of fourth from bottom and still four points clear...

7 Motherwell 34 -9 41
8 Hamilton 34 -20 37
9 Inverness CT 34 -19 35
10 Kilmarnock 34 -13 34
11 St Mirren 34 -17 34
12 Falkirk 34 -15 31

Here's a wee video of the day we won the league :D I was somewhere in the happy throng too :)
PBhM-2J-QGQ

but-it's-ok
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Really pleased about Caley Les:banana:

As for us well..:o:o:o:o:o:o:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are a total laughing stock..3-0 down inside the 1st half an hour,OMG:o:o Final score 4-2

I'm actually not upset....just very,very,very angry...and I'm not like that often. Of course they're all blaming Delia:confused::crazy: The players are not good enough...the rest of the Board who made crap decisions,and the players need to go,just go. We have a very good youth team,Gunny if you are given the job next season,please,please,please put some of the young guys in. They actually want to play for the club...the players that played today are a disgrace..other than Sammy Clingan and our keeper David Marshall. A section of our fans sang'You're not fit to wear the shirt' and the surreal sound coming from both sets of fans 'Stand up if you're going down':o:o:help:

I just cannot believe what is happening to my club.......

Right now I have disturbing visions of us leaving the league altogether by 2012..either skint or just not good enough even for a place in the Football League:help:

I will keep the faith,heaven help me!!

City till I Die.

MsTree
05-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Di :hug:
Don't know what to say, I was depressed enough watching the live scores come in, it must've been terrible for you being there! :sad: Plymouth didn't do you any favours either :( Hopefully next season you can regroup, start playing the young lads and your manager will have a bit more time to shape his team :hug:

*Raine
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Manchester United

Wooo finals!! :clap2::rocker2:

MsTree
05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
They just annihilated Arsenal, it was scary to watch! Poor Darren Fletcher, missing the Final, there's no way he should've been sent off! :(

So who will meet them in Rome?

Chelsea or Barca? ;)

Naina
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Oh Di :hug:
Sorry abt your team.
On the other hand I hope Barcelona Whoop Chelsea out of the stadium :armed:. I still havent gotten over Liverpool's defeat:rolleyes:. Looks like we are gonn have a trophy less season :sad:

:worship:VAMOS BARCA:worship:

rtgy
05-06-2009, 12:15 PM
So who will meet them in Rome?

Chelsea or Barca? ;)

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: Go (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefNTfwFKoWgBJ22jzbkF/SIG=125i86mfq/EXP=1241698515/**http%3A//www.chelseafc.cz/wallpaper/wallpaper16.jpg)Chelsea (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefNTfwFKoWgBJ22jzbkF/SIG=125i86mfq/EXP=1241698515/**http%3A//www.chelseafc.cz/wallpaper/wallpaper16.jpg):rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

MsTree
05-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I was out last night and missed the match :(
What a mental one, sounds like the ref had a mare, Chelsea denied 2 stonewall pens! No excuse for Drogba losing the plot though, I wouldn't be surprised if he got shunted next season.

rtgy
05-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I was out last night and missed the match :(
What a mental one, sounds like the ref had a mare, Chelsea denied 2 stonewall pens! No excuse for Drogba losing the plot though, I wouldn't be surprised if he got shunted next season.

sweetie everything is so mental lately :rolleyes: /Gillou, Chelsea.....everything/ but the refferee is not the one to blame. Chelsea were pathetic.....they've scored just one goal in two legs and had decided that this should be enough for them to go to Rome. but it didn't. they can now blame only themselves for that loss not the ref!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsTree
05-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Barca only scored one goal in two legs and it was enough for them...
The Chelsea fans at work looked very sorry for themselves today, none of them were blaming the ref though, they all said Chelsea were dismal :( Barca were the better team and deserved to go through, and I can't help but support any team that play in blue and red stripes :devil: And Messi is gradually taking over from Nedved as my absolute favourite footie player so it's not all bad :D

Naina
05-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Barca only scored one goal in two legs and it was enough for them...
The Chelsea fans at work looked very sorry for themselves today, none of them were blaming the ref though, they all said Chelsea were dismal :( Barca were the better team and deserved to go through, and I can't help but support any team that play in blue and red stripes :devil: And Messi is gradually taking over from Nedved as my absolute favourite footie player so it's not all bad :D

Now thats some football player.:worship: Chelsea were offbeat and Barca were solid but not spectacular:cool:. The final should be a good one and I hope the trophy goes to Espania:angel:

rtgy
05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2225/2526593301_287f552734.jpg?v=0
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23132983@N02/2526593301/

Chelsea and england footballer frank lampard does not seem that concerned over losing the champions league final as he is seen enjoying some drinks and getting very cosy with a young mystery blonde woman whom he kisses!

Franky didn't waste his time as it seems.............:lol:
probably he'll find a way how to relax...............this year too....:lol:

Naina
05-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I thought he was married or something :confused: The woman has sharapova's atrocious haircut:tape:.

rtgy
05-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I thought he was married or something :confused: The woman has sharapova's atrocious haircut:tape:.

no he wasn's married but have two children/Luna and Isla/ from his ex fiancée Elen Rives....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lampard#Personal_life:p

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Frank is a rascal and a half:tape: Good job he still concentrates on the pitch:lol:

Good luck to Caley tomorrow Les:rocker2: I'll keep an eye on the score;)

Thanks for your continued support of this thread guys,really appreciate it:awww::hug:

MsTree
05-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks Di! :hug: We need it! :eek:
Have you been away somewhere? Not seen you this week!
You've lost Gillou from your sig :sad:

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Total oversight:o:o I mess with my sig too much,way too many people in it-cant help myself-:lol: He's there now:rocker2:

Just haven't been too good Les-don't worry everything is fine now;) Thanks for your concern:hug::hug:

MsTree
05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Aw Di :hug: hope you're feeling much better :hug:

I noticed Neil Robertson was a new addition too ~ he's lovely and definitely a future champion! :D

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes Les I'm feeling much better thanks;):hug:

Neil rocks Les. When I was on hols recently I actually went past the snooker centre where he practices in Cambridge just a little walk from Cambridge United FC:hearts: I had a 'Where Neil treads I finally trod'moment:lol: Thing is he enjoys what he's doing..yes he smashes the balls a bit hard,and sometimes makes big boo-boos tactically etc..he's entertaining whatever he does:lol:..I've followed him ever since he won his first tournie in Aberdeen..I watched on TV. I loved his run in the Worlds because he answered a few critics who said..oh he pays too much attention to his hair,and not enough to practising:lol: He tried to change his game and got kinda stuck..but he reverted to doing what comes naturally,playing aggressively. He's so much fun,great for the game:dance: And he's just a nice,regular guy:D

MsTree
05-09-2009, 09:38 PM
His hair does look amazing ~ he's the Verdasco of the snooker world :lol:

but-it's-ok
05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
His hair just has the'I just got out of bed and rubbed my hair look:lol: Yeah - I like the comparision with Verdasco Les:lol:

MsTree
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Gosh I just read the thread about Richie, tested positive for cocaine allegedly :eek: Never would've thought it of him! He could get a two year ban apparently, what an idiot!

rtgy
05-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Gosh I just read the thread about Richie, tested positive for cocaine allegedly :eek: Never would've thought it of him! He could get a two year ban apparently, what an idiot!

WTF....................:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

but-it's-ok
05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
The situation with Ritchie-I am shocked,staggered..

Les I just realised the Caley are on Setanta Sports this afternoon. Thats so unfair-cos I don't get Setanta and my mates don't have it either:sobbing: Do you have Setanta Les,or a place to see the match? I hope you do;)

Good luck Caley Jags:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Our Board are in their usual denial stance:rolleyes: They denied they have appointed Gunny for another season. Former Canary Mark Robins has been linked with the Managers Job. Its time others in that Board stood up to be counted. Our winger Lee Croft is strongly being linked with Derby..thats all I know. Time for answers and action..sitting on the fence is useless:o:o

The only good to come out of our relegation is that season ticket holders who renewed before relegation will get a reduction. I'd like a reduction in rubbish around Carrow Road too:lol:

MsTree
05-10-2009, 08:11 AM
I think those Miami cheerleaders were a bad influence on him, they were Roddick fans after all :devil:
Seriously, I can't believe he took it knowingly, too much at stake, I'm not a fan but he's not daft and would know the consequences!

If you want to put yourself through the pain and torture that is a Caley Thistle match ~
http://www.atdhe.net/6985/watch-inverness-vs-hamilton
All cheerleaders gratefully accepted! Except Miami ones obviously... :lol:
We could do with a result today, Falkirk and Killie drew yesterday so we're only 3 points clear and three matches left after today. Come on the Caley Jags!!! :D

but-it's-ok
05-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Wow thanks for the link Les:hug:,how nice of atdhe.net to stream the match:woohoo: I'm sure it won't be a torture;) Happy to be a cheerleader for Caley:yippee: I'll watch F1 first then watch the stream of Caley;) I'll follow the scoreflashes until I can see the match;). Oh lazy Sunday and a change of plan for lunch:lol:

MsTree
05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
One day I'll tell you the story of why I stopped going to matches :sad: still, my self-imposed exile might be ending soon enough ;)

I'm totally rooting for Button, what a great start to the season for him, it's fantastic that he's finally in a decent car! I'm getting into F1 more again this season, I stopped watching it after watching Senna's last race :sad:

but-it's-ok
05-10-2009, 11:26 AM
One day I'll tell you the story of why I stopped going to matches :sad: still, my self-imposed exile might be ending soon enough ;)

I'm totally rooting for Button, what a great start to the season for him, it's fantastic that he's finally in a decent car! I'm getting into F1 more again this season, I stopped watching it after watching Senna's last race :sad:

Well whenever you're ready Les;) I hope you can end the exile and go back to watch;)

I almost stopped going altogether a few weeks ago,there's a:sad:story in there,but I overcame it,I will never stop going to football.

I'm torn between Button and Vettel,I've become a big fan of both of them this season. My first love was always motorbikes but F1 is so hot this year:rocker: Have to say I also lost interest after Senna died,for a very long time:tears:

MsTree
05-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Button :dance:

GOAL!!! :woohoo: Caley Thistle ~ Foran :woohoo: in sunny Inverness :D

but-it's-ok
05-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Oooh I missed the goal to put the kettle on:o :woohoo::woohoo: Always the same:lol:

Its sunny here too Les:p;) Nice to see the sun is shining in Inverness:dance:

Yep pleased for Button,pity Seba couldn't get 3rd.. Wasn't very exciting race really. Oh well:lol:

MsTree
05-10-2009, 02:22 PM
:eek: Hamilton have equalised :eek: 1-1

but-it's-ok
05-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah a close range header:sad::sad:

MsTree
05-10-2009, 02:54 PM
FT 1-1 A point is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...
We're back up to 9th :) Squeaky bum midweek coming up... ;)

but-it's-ok
05-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah Les Caley threw the kitchen sink at Hamilton after McArthur got sent off,but Caley were the best side throughout anyway. Another point to the tally is better than nothing;) Yikes away to Motherwell next:eek: Squeaky bum time again indeed. Hope for the best;):hug:

but-it's-ok
05-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Good luck Caley Jags:bounce:

News on Norwich

1. Our Chairman and Chief Executive relinquished their positions on the Board y'day
2. Our keeper David Marshall is having talks with Cardiff,a six figure sum has been agreed.
3. We have appointed Gunny for a further season as Boss-without replacements on the Board:lol:

MsTree
05-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Di :hug:

FT 2-2, we were mathematically safe from relegation for 23 minutes in that match :lol:

Squeaky bum time extends to the weekend - we're playing Killie, their striker Kevin Kyle is on fire just now :eek:

but-it's-ok
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Les:hug: :awww:they equalised after 79 minutes:(

Nevertheless another good point in the bag:yeah: Kevin Kyle:eek:I remember him at Sunderland during 2003/04, he scored a few goals that season(16 or something like that)..then he was never that prolific again.. There's 10 other players in the Killie teamp,don't worry about them either:lol: Up the Caley Jags:rocker2:

MsTree
05-14-2009, 07:11 PM
St Mirren are now at the bottom, there's 4 points separating the bottom 5 teams :eek:
A lot can happen still (2 games to go) but the bottom line is if Falkirk beat St Mirren and we get anything at all then St Mirren go down. I desparately want that to happen as we have Falkirk at home on the last day of the season and that's where they usually beat us :eek: :eek: :eek:

but-it's-ok
05-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Good luck Caley Jags:bounce::bounce:

Lets hope the only r word you're talking about after 5.00pm today is:rain::lol:;);)

MsTree
05-16-2009, 10:42 AM
:help::eek::help:

but-it's-ok
05-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Les:hug::hug: I'm gutted for Caley:tears::tears: Another late goal:( That Kyle guy-your worst fears came true:(:(

MsTree
05-16-2009, 09:07 PM
:eek::eek::eek::help::eek::eek::eek:

So it goes to the last day for us, Falkirk and St Mirren, any sort of result for us and Falkirk go down. At least we have some sort of initiative in that we're not depending on any other results :eek:

but-it's-ok
05-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Good luck Caley Jags

:bounce::bounce::banana::banana:

I'm out for a walk shortly so I won't see the result until late afternoon,but I'll be thinking of you Les,suffering unbearable tension:awww::hug::hug:

MsTree
05-23-2009, 01:38 PM
We lost 1-0, we're relegated so I'm in good company Di :hug:
There are positives, and I'll be able to articulate them later when I've sobered up a bit :drink: Consoling fellow Caley Thistle fans just now and then I'm going to attack my garden like it's never been attacked before.... :sad:

but-it's-ok
05-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Les,:hug::hug:I'm so sorry for Caley:tears::sad::crying2:

They'll be back in the SPL at the end of next season;) I will always follow their fortunes with you come what may;)

Hope you feel better for the:drink:and attacked the garden so you felt like you were using the pent up frustration and sadness positively;):hug:

Chin up;):hug:

MsTree
05-24-2009, 09:28 AM
OK Di it's time to tell you a wee story!!!

2 years ago at an end of season fixture vs Dunfermline (we were already safe) the club proposed a wee initiative where there would be a designated "singing" section, where the noisy ones could all sit/stand together and chant or sing songs without disturbing the sweetie rustlers in the main Stand... I was part of it and was sitting with a few of my pals and a heap of young enthusiastic lads with drums and we were singing our wee hearts out in an uncovered section, through torrential rain and bad football, we were supporting our team like the club had asked us to. Our chief executive :mad: MIKE SMITH :mad: who at that point had only made a name for himself by taking flags away from children :rolleyes: was covering for the safety officer that day and one by one all the folk leading the singing and chanting were cornered by stewards and thrown out of the ground. One of the guys I was sitting with who had travelled from Chorley for the match was chucked out and when we asked the steward why, he said that Mike Smith was against the Singing Section idea and was identifying the "troublemakers" on CCTV so that the idea wouldn't take off. He had spent nearly 200 quid and about 16 hours in travel time to go to that match!
I have never been so angry at a match, and what made it worse is that we came back from a goal down to beat the Pars so they got relegated ~ our two sets of fans are quite friendly and two of them stay with me when they come up the road for matches ~ I was gutted for them and angry and frustrated with my own club and a total storm blew up on our forum when we heard that the stewards had manhandled kids in the course of chucking them out on top of all the rest of the days stories. One of my quotes from the forum made it onto the BBC TV news and website :devil:
Anyway, emails and letters of complaint that were never satisfactorily dealt with by the club led to me publicly announcing that I would not to be back to another game as I refuse to fund the wages of someone so obviously incompetent and anti-fan through my admission money. The only power I have as a fan is to vote with my purse! Last year I managed to go to the Reserve team games (free to get into) and I found myself sitting a couple of seats away from Mike Smith ~ and luckily the person I was with asked me why I didn't go to games anymore ~ so they got the full story along with a fair amount of insightful comments into my opinion of his character :devil: and loud enough for the whole section of stadium to hear. He slunk away red faced like a coward (yes exactly the sort of man who would take flags away from kids) and that's where we're up to...
Except now we've dropped a division there's no room in the structure for passengers like Mike Smith :D and when he goes he can take our Director of Football with him...

So positives... ;)

1 - All the superfluous people at the club will have to take it on the chin and look for a new job. We don't need a DoF who takes a 50 grand salary for the privilege of dropping in once a week to pick up his comp tickets for his pals. And we certainly don't need a CE who's main job seems to be pi55ing off the fans :wavey: So I'll start going back to games :D

2 - The Scottish 1st Division runs under different rules to the SPL and terracing is allowed, and I miss standing with my pals getting the crack and smoking!!!

3 - We get our derbies back with local rivals Ross County

4 - We don't have to suffer Old Firm sectarian gloryhunting nonsense (unless we're putting them out of the Cup again :devil:)

I think four positives from relegation is quite enough for one lifetime :lol:

but-it's-ok
05-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Crikey there are crooks in football but he's the lowest of the low,spineless,picking on kids etc - you're well shut of him;) Then he squirmed away like a true coward when you showed him up for what he is,good stuff.

Now you can enjoy going back to watch Caley:D:rocker:;):hug:

Good positives you listed:yeah::lol:

My story isn't anything to do with a faceless,cruel CE(btw ours had to go),cos we cant afford to keep him either - decent sort - just had to reduce our wage bill even in the Boardroom.

I'll PM you my story Les,I cant talk about it here.:)

but-it's-ok
07-27-2009, 09:31 AM
OK time to get this thread moving again:rocker2:

I see Caley managed to get through 5-4 on pens to move into next round of the Cup,phew relief:rocker2:

Our pre-season is going quite well,we had Man U youth team at our place on Saturday,a good 1-1,nice and leisurely paced,a cracking goal from our Academy lad Tom Adeyemi(17 years old). We think he's gonna be a bit special.

Good news of Felipe Massa today,he can communicate actively,he's moving his arms and legs but isn't speaking yet. Its heartening,all the best Felipe:hug:

MsTree
07-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Aye we won but it wasn't pretty! :eek:

Massa's accident was crazy, he was probably unconcious and still managed to start braking! And in the same week that other driver was killed by a bit of debris (tyre?) Scary!

Nice to see your pre-season going well, heard today that Aberdeen had signed one of your keepers on a free? Although reception was pretty dodgy at the time! Good luck Norwich! :D

MsTree
08-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Di! :eek: They've just read out your score with Colchester :hug:
0-0 with us so far, we're away at Dunfermline :)

but-it's-ok
08-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Les:hug:

I'm still in shock from Saturday:o:help: We were in the game for the 1st 10 minutes,then the nightmare unfolded - defensive mistake after defensive mistake. Our new Aussie keeper flapped,made judgement errors,couldn't catch cleanly,all the good pre-season work undone.

Things were so bad,two supporters threw their season ticket book down close to Gunny - we had a capacity crowd at kick-off by half-time when we were 5-0 down,10,000 or so fans had left!!!!

Our worst defeat at Carrow Road since 1946(vs Bournemouth) when we lost 6-1:eek::o

Our skipper Gary Doherty,says we're the laughing stock of football atm. Have to agree right now. Can it get any worse???? We're away at Yeovil tonight,in Carling Cup. We always get drawn away in that comp,and always lose so I'm not expecting things to improve..yet!!

I'll be sticking with them,for the hell of it!!:lol:

I'm glad Caley nicked a winner in the 90th,that cheered me up;)

MsTree
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Aw Di! :hug:

Hopefully just new season jitters!
We were lucky! :)

but-it's-ok
08-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Good luck to Caley Jags and everyone's teams this weekend:rocker2:

I am off to watch the latest two episodes of Norwich City - the soap opera:lol:(vs Wycombe today in League 1 and then Carling Cup on Monday evening vs Sunderland - its Live on Sky - don't disgrace yourselves lads) I'm just flabbergasted at whats happened at our place this past week. We sacked Gunny:sobbing: Then what do we do,we appoint the guy who masterminded our 7-1 thrashing :crazy: and:o:o

Wishing Paul Lambert all the best,and to the players..please respond to him,I cant bear any more managerial changes at our place,its chaos for everyone and very costly.

MsTree
08-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Aw Di :hug: Paul Lambert who was at Livingston? He applied for the Caley Thistle job but Brewster had already had the infamous round of golf with the directors...

Wasn't he in charge of Wycombe when they had that great cup run? I kind of follow Wycombe, Bill Turnbull got me into them :devil:

I'll be watching you on Sky, come on Norwich!!! :D

but-it's-ok
08-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Yes Paul has been in charge at Wycombe;)

2-2 at Dundee,thats a great result:banana:

:speakles: We won 5-2:bounce: We made our set pieces count for a change:lol: Thank you Grant Holt,what a poacher you are:worship: Paul McVeigh,welcome back to Carrow Road,thanks for those accurate corners you took yesterday:worship: And to our new Manager,thanks for the courage you showed,by dropping players who made silly errors particular in defence,during our 1st 3 league games,show the lads they have to earn their places and that mistakes will not be tolerated:rocker2:

We're still at the silly end of the table though,we really must stop making mistakes at the back:mad: At times,the lads don't communicate,organise themselves at the back:(

It was nice to come out of Carrow Road with the sound of great applause from our fans ringing in my ears..instead of boos and jeers..please keep it up guys..we're behind you but you must deliver;)

MsTree
08-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Fantastic result Di, makes up for the other week! ;)

Sunderland have a dodgy keeper (not Craig Gordon, he's a great keeper :D) I think as long as you can pressure him you'll get a goal. I think I might even put a wee bet on :devil: Good luck on Monday! I'll be cheering too! :D

MsTree
08-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Craig Gordon's in goal for them :eek:

What a shot he just saved from Lappin, didn't know he played for you! :D
I'll just chunter away to myself till you come back from the match Di :lol:

0-1 :(
0-2 :(:( what an intelligent goal though!
0-3 :sad:
HT
Goal! :dance: 1-3 Come on the canaries!
Oh NO!!! What an unlucky OG to concede :bigcry: 1-4 :(

That was a horrible clash (that Spillane was sent off for) Hope your keeper's OK! Credit to McDonald for going in goal, he's just a wee thing!

oooooooo shot off the bar! :eek:

I've just realised you're down to 9 men with the sending off and the keeper having to go off too :eek:

Yey! Cody McDonald made a save :dance: And another! The Norwich fans are loving him and so are the commentators ;)
He's pretty cute Di, is he another new recruit? He's going to keep a clean sheet ;)

FT

What a match! That had everything! (apart from the scoreline of course) Hope their striker and your keeper's OK! Did I hear Lappin got MoM from the sponsors? Wee Cody would get it from me! (In more ways than one :devil:)

but-it's-ok
08-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Les:hug: You kept a commentary:awww:

I confess I enjoyed the game very much even at 4-1 down,we didn't give up. As sendings off go,Micky Spillane's was a little harsh,but it isn't the 1st time he's been sent off for that kind of offence,so its a lesson he must eventually learn,but of course the clash between Frazier Campbell and our on-loan keeper Ben Alnwick within that incident was far worse. The keeper is doubtful for our next game away at Hartlepool,his face is a bit of a mess at the moment,the gash is right under his eye.

Sunderland are a great team,I was very impressed with them,yes of course there were a few mistakes at the back,Gary Doherty has been found wanting all season,even in the Pre-Season games we played,he hasn't been getting into the right positions defensively,he leaves people on-side,he's a step slower these days in general,even though Sunderland had a lot of tricky players on show,and he had a lot to deal with,and he is severely lacking in confidence,it shows:(

Have to say Simon Lappin is under-rated,so versatile too in defence and midfield - he just gets on with business,hard but fair,and is an all round good footballer and ultimate pro,he thoroughly deserved Man of the Match last night:rocker: He certainly was of particularly good service to St Mirren,and also served Motherwell on-loan when Glenn Roeder seemed to scorn his efforts,after a good start to 2007/2008 season. Under Peter Grant Simon was a fixture for us,his ability to deliver from setplays a great asset always to us,and indeed now.

Cody:woohoo::hearts: The guy is a total sweetheart,and so dedicated and enthusiastic. He joined us when Gunny was in charge,from Dartford,he scored something like 28 goals in 29 starts for them.

Just for you Les;)

http://new.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/squad/img/2009-2010/CodyMcDonald.jpg

And a slideshow/report from the match;)
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED24%20Aug%202009%2016%3A08%3A13%3A223

MsTree
08-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Just for you Les;)

http://new.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/squad/img/2009-2010/CodyMcDonald.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove: What a wee sweetie! :hearts:

Glad you enjoyed the match, I thoroughly enjoyed it too! :D

We're playing Albion Rovers tonight in the Cup (CIS this time) Come on the Caley Jags! :dance:

but-it's-ok
08-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Any time you want Cody pics Les,I'll be at your service;)

Come on Caley Jags:bounce::bounce: I'll follow the score;)

MsTree
08-25-2009, 06:52 PM
http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/assets/images/dynamicfeed/ravenp20090825095858.jpg
Cody McDonald gets a pat from Sunderland goalkeeper Craig Gordon after his impromptu stint between the posts at Carrow Road.
Picture: Simon Finlay

Oh bless! :hearts::hearts::hearts:

I have to say I was delighted to see Craig Gordon, boy have we missed him in the Scotland squad, but I knew you would have a tough night of it with him playing.

1-0 Caley Thistle! :woohoo: Eagle :)

I didn't realise you had Lappin for so long... we've played against him in the 1st Division (and maybe the SPL too, I can't remember) and he shone, so he hasn't always managed to get a game with you?

2-0 Caley Thistle :dance::dance::dance: Rooney :devil:

3-0 Caley Thistle :aparty::aparty::aparty: Bulvitis :cool:

but-it's-ok
08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Just saw the score on text:woohoo:Caley:dance:

Yeah Simon has played under 3 managers for us in his short time with us,Granty really rated him,Roeder didn't..hopefully Paul Lambert will no doubt realise his versatility,that he's consistent and reliable. Simon is someone you don't notice,because he just gets on with his football,he's not looking to run the show,just play his role in the team.

I just loved that pic of Cody and Craig Gordon,we stayed behind and saw the two of them exchange words,it was a lovely moment indeed. I tried to take a pic myself,but my camera is rubbish at night even with the night setting on:( So that pic is a great consolation.

I watched some of the game again,OMG the cameramen found that Newcastle fan:rolls:

3-0 Caley Thistle..Bullvitis:banana: EDIT: As I suspected,he's Latvian:bounce:

Is Ross Tokely back playing for you tonight Les? EDIT: I just saw he is,he's listed as being booked during the game!!

MsTree
08-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Is Ross Tokely back playing for you tonight Les? EDIT: I just saw he is,he's listed as being booked during the game!!

Ah Roscoe! Yep, he's in the middle of a 4 game ban in the league and he gets booked for persistent fouling :lol: He takes no prisoners and looks like a thug but I've never seen him be violent, only whole hearted :devil: He's had about a gazillion appearances for us, first name on the teamsheet imo!

We'll miss him at the weekend, our first competitive derby with Ross County for five years, we'll need him!

4-0 Granty :dance::woohoo::aparty::D:D:D

but-it's-ok
08-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Ah Roscoe! Yep, he's in the middle of a 4 game ban in the league and he gets booked for persistent fouling :lol: He takes no prisoners and looks like a thug but I've never seen him be violent, only whole hearted :devil: He's had about a gazillion appearances for us, first name on the teamsheet imo!

We'll miss him at the weekend, our first competitive derby with Ross County for five years, we'll need him!

4-0 Granty :dance::woohoo::aparty::D:D:D

:aparty::banana::worship: So pleased for Caley:cool:

MsTree
08-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Gillou has temporarily got the bump from my desktop at work, for this week only I've replaced him with Cody & Craig :hearts:
I found a download for the match on Maxxed too :D I'll be buying a yellow scarf next :lol: