Why Ljubicic hates Roddick [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why Ljubicic hates Roddick

Allure
08-08-2004, 11:08 AM
"I mean, generally, I don't like him. Nobody in the locker room likes his acting on the court. He's a good player. He's going to win a lot of matches, but not because he's like that. Nobody acts like that. He's the only one."

Roddick is an extremely emotional player whose matches are usually marked by lots of screaming, fist pumping and playing to the crowd. Ljubicic says many of his rivals aren't thrilled with Roddick's style on the court.

(Source: http://tennis.nextads.net/article23.htm)

I agree partially.

Okay I agree that Andy is very emotional on court. He does things that many would consider unprofessional and immature. (Like kicking the US Open sign, knocking things off, calling the lineperson names, etc.) Yes, I think that is rude and inconsiderate of him. But he's young and needs time to mature and learn. And I bet in a year or two we'll see a different Andy. Also, the lineperson made a couple of bad calls so can you blame him for getting fustrated. As long as Andy is not hitting him, LOL. :)

But I don't agree that playing off the crowds energy is wrong. What's wrong with getting the crowd riled up? I think Ljubicic is just mad that he's not getting the same response. In his country I'm sure the audience would react the same way with him as with Roddick. And he claims the US audience helped Roddick won because the lineperson is biased against their own people. I don't think so. If he played in his country and he won, would he still say the lineperson was biased? He also said if the match wasn't held on US soil he would have won. What does the location have to do with anything? It all boils down to talent anyways.

So this is my objective viewpoint. I think Andy does need maturing but Ljubicic should let bygones be bygones. And if he has a problem with Andy's attitude, no one expects him to go have tea with the guy.

tangerine_dream
08-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Who cares why a C-tier player like Ivan the Terrible:baby: hates Andy? His comments alone speak for itself: he's jealous of Andy's success and Andy blows him off the court. Classy Andy confronted him like a man and he was embarassed. Now he hates Andy more than ever. Simple as that. Next! :lol:

star
08-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Orlandofanz, could I ask you nicely please to stop making these sorts of threads?

This just invites the GMers to come into this forum and expound.

I'd a lot rather dicuss Andy than talk about other players than stir up more controversy. Who cares about why Ivan doesn't like Andy. I know I don't.

Iheartandy&roger
08-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Quite obvious it's jealousy and he justs wants to diss Andy in some way he's mad cuz Andy's at such a young age and a top player and he's an old geezer and nowhere :rolleyes: loser...... go have a drink or somethin :drink: ok yea Andy has temper tantrums but he'll grow out of it it's just immaturity he's just mad too cuz Andy's cute, hot and popular compared to him who's ugly and unpopular so fuck you and have a nice day :dance: :baby: :shout: :smoke: :wavey:

fabolous
08-08-2004, 06:05 PM
in fact the only thing i like on andy is his emotional way of playing tennis. this is entertainment, this makes tennis interesting. i like watching matches with andy, they are always sth special.

ivan, better let your game do the talking.........

papasmurf11
08-08-2004, 06:44 PM
why do 90% of players hate Dick? Because he is a prick just like most of his fans.

:rolleyes: yes thankyou I find it very mature of you to come into the andy forum and call him and his fans a prick I see you have a very busy life!

TinyT
08-08-2004, 06:48 PM
where's the sign??

Iheartandy&roger
08-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Andy haters are wasting their time and energy typing anything fucking stupid in here so fuck you and have a nice day. :wavey:

tangerine_dream
08-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Love the red dot under the troll's name. :devil:

fabolous
08-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Love the red dot under the troll's name. :devil:
:haha: :haha: :haha:

star
08-08-2004, 07:39 PM
To everyone who reponds to this thread:

Please understand that some threads here are created only to stir up controversy and trouble. If we respond in them, or respond to those who do respond, we just encourage it.

Rick V
08-08-2004, 07:42 PM
I've noticed that Andy-haters like "Register" come off as total losers in their posts. Hey "Register", the next time Ljubicic ends the year at No 1 (or even in the top 10!) give us a call. You can't take it that Andy has had so much success already. Being the year end No 1 at 21 years old as Andy did is something few players have done. There's nothing you can do to change that. He's a great, great player and you know it but it eats you up.

Also, since when do 3rd tier players like Ljubicic become the spokesmen for the other players on the tour? If a guy like Federer says something like this then I'll pay attention. Until then, I'll continue to enjoy Ivan's unremarkable results week after week.

RoddickBabe10
08-09-2004, 07:11 AM
:haha: The Andy-haters are just so damn pitiful. If they hate Andy so much then don't visit HIS forum :rolleyes:

Anyways, I like Andy's way on court. I love the whole yelling at himself, hitting the US Open sign thing ;), cussing himself out, playing to the crowd, sit pumping, just plain getting mad and all that good stuff. I love it. I think it shows great heart. You know, shows that he really wants it. And that emotion on court is what makes tennis, for me, so much fun. It would be terrible, for me, to watch a match without any kind of emotion whatsoever on either players, but hey, that is just my opinion.

RoddickBabe10
08-09-2004, 07:11 AM
lol I meant *fist* pumping

Nishy
08-09-2004, 08:01 AM
:haha: The Andy-haters are just so damn pitiful. If they hate Andy so much then don't visit HIS forum :rolleyes:

Anyways, I like Andy's way on court. I love the whole yelling at himself, hitting the US Open sign thing ;), cussing himself out, playing to the crowd, sit pumping, just plain getting mad and all that good stuff. I love it. I think it shows great heart. You know, shows that he really wants it. And that emotion on court is what makes tennis, for me, so much fun. It would be terrible, for me, to watch a match without any kind of emotion whatsoever on either players, but hey, that is just my opinion.
RoddickBabe10,
Totally agree with you.
Andy-haters look very pitiful. Talking negative comment about players is easy but negative feeling is not going to make your life happy I think. I know everybody has right to say any bad thing but it is sometimes very disrespectful attitude. This is just my opinion and English is not my first language so I hope my comment make sense to you.

About Andy's way on court, I like it too. He has tons of emotion and passion. If we can save(charge) human's energy, I want to get his energy and want to use when my feeling is not so good. lol

superpinkone37
08-09-2004, 08:29 AM
i agree with u nishy, too... i wish people could just support theyre favorite players-- who cares if u like andy and roger, theyre both great players and i hate it when people say u cannot like them both, or u arent a true fan cuz u like this person, or whatever else they say lol-- and all this without worrying what others might think...

btw, thats cute what u said about wnating to charge andy's energy for when ur not feeling too good...thats a good idea :)

Golfnduck
08-09-2004, 08:55 PM
I know that people come here from other forums just to get us mad and start a fight. Please go somewhere else.

RoddickBabe10
08-09-2004, 11:24 PM
i agree with u nishy, too... i wish people could just support theyre favorite players-- who cares if u like andy and roger, theyre both great players and i hate it when people say u cannot like them both, or u arent a true fan cuz u like this person, or whatever else they say lol-- and all this without worrying what others might think...

I TOTALLY agree with you! :yeah: I mean, I go to GM and you know, congratulate Roger and things and some of them might think, oh yeah, whatever she's phony cuz she can't like Andy and Roger at the same time :rolleyes: That is just so stupid. ANdy is my FAVORITE player, that's for sure but that doesn't mean I can't respect/like Federer's game cuz I do :bigwave:

tangerine_dream
08-10-2004, 01:44 AM
I mean, I go to GM and you know, congratulate Roger and things and some of them might think, oh yeah, whatever she's phony cuz she can't like Andy and Roger at the same time :rolleyes: That is just so stupid.

lol. You've been hanging out in the Fed forum, haven't you? ;)

Speaking of GM hilarity, check out what the GM 'tards are saying in the "Who's Your Favorite Argentine?" thread? Many of us like Coria best (for our own individual reasons) and sure enough, one of Queen Midol's sheep shows up and asks, "Gee, how come everyone from 'DuckNation' likes Coria all of a sudden? Is it because he's no threat to Roddick?" I read that and I was :haha: :bigcry: my head off. What will these obsessed losers think of next? It's not like any of the Argentines are a threat to Roddick but Coria certainly played well enough at Nasdaq to be a contender on the fastcourts with the best hardcourt players.

But it's funny how nobody over there can discuss other players without always dragging Roddick into the discussion. Whoo! Andy's a star! :rocker2: I posted in the "Who's Your Favorite Spaniard?" thread too. Can't wait to see what Midol's sheep say about that. :lol:

Nishy
08-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Yea Andy is star!
He gets tons of attention from people who like or hate.

superpinkone37
08-10-2004, 06:02 AM
its cuz our andy is the best!!! but i do find it weird that in practically every thread, someone finds a way to try to make andy sound bad lol, though most times they are proven wrong even though they may not admit it. it must be because our andy is such a stud....:)

J. Corwin
08-10-2004, 07:25 AM

Speaking of GM hilarity, check out what the GM 'tards are saying in the "Who's Your Favorite Argentine?" thread? Many of us like Coria best (for our own individual reasons) and sure enough, one of Queen Midol's sheep shows up and asks, "Gee, how come everyone from 'DuckNation' likes Coria all of a sudden? Is it because he's no threat to Roddick?" I read that and I was :haha: :bigcry: my head off. What will these obsessed losers think of next? It's not like any of the Argentines are a threat to Roddick but Coria certainly played well enough at Nasdaq to be a contender on the fastcourts with the best hardcourt players.

But it's funny how nobody over there can discuss other players without always dragging Roddick into the discussion. Whoo! Andy's a star! :rocker2: I posted in the "Who's Your Favorite Spaniard?" thread too. Can't wait to see what Midol's sheep say about that. :lol:

That is so true!! :haha:

Oh the hilarity of it all! Talk about paranoid sheep. It's always Duck this, and Duck that. Gee, think of something else to say ya know. :rolleyes:

TangyLovesDaveed
08-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Ivan has had chances to win matches against Roddick, but Andy is too good for him and that must eat him inside, that even when Andy has not been at his best, he has managed to beat Ivan.

star
08-10-2004, 02:10 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Maybe they haven't noticed that I WANT Coria to be a threat to Andy???? :lol:

:sad: :sad: :sad: I'm so nervous and afraid about this shoulder surgery.

Register
08-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Anyone think Andy will get his record to .500 vs Roger....1-7 now he has long way to go....you got to beat the best to be the best and he aint doing that...

Register
08-16-2004, 04:23 PM
its cuz our andy is the best!!! ...:)

Federer, Roger (SUI) points 882-#of Tour. 14
Roddick,Andy (USA) Points 597-#of Tour. 17

alomst

:wavey: :wavey:

RoddickBabe10
08-16-2004, 09:34 PM
But it's funny how nobody over there can discuss other players without always dragging Roddick into the discussion. Whoo! Andy's a star! :rocker2:too.

:worship: :worship: Mind you, and they always say they hate Andy and hate it when people talk about him :lol: But he just HAS to be in their little discussions lol. Now that's ridiculous.

superpinkone37
08-17-2004, 12:44 AM
im not even gonna start on all that again, lol, i had enough of that last night i think

RoddickBabe10
08-17-2004, 01:43 AM
im not even gonna start on all that again, lol, i had enough of that last night i think

lol Superpink, I think that's a good idea. Last night was crazy and I think you have had enough as well :lol: We're with ya, though! lol

superpinkone37
08-17-2004, 02:05 AM
lol, i didnt even get mad at all till the end, cuz he just went too far. but i wasnt really taking any of it serious, and half the time it was just fun seeing him practically self destructing before our eyes lol

Iheartandy&roger
08-17-2004, 03:58 AM
Who cares what he thinks besides the point who's winning the matches and titles? certainly not him.

RoddickBabe10
08-17-2004, 07:36 AM
You're right Iheartandy&roger :yeah: