Under the Sun of Florida [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Under the Sun of Florida

soulage
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Well not sure of his schedule but I open a new thread. No more indoors until few monthes

He's 3 alternates in IW main list after many withdrawals but he don't enter so he should come back in Sunrise where he's 1st alternates for the moment. For Miami he's now 3 alternates, I hope some withdrawals as in IW otherwise he entered the qualies.

>Sunrise
>Miami

Kezzi
03-09-2009, 08:49 PM
At least you found a nice title for this topic ;)
For his schedule we'll just wait and see what happens :)

Via
03-09-2009, 10:49 PM
what a warm and fuzzy title! lol i feel like i want to be there too :)

soulage
03-16-2009, 04:00 PM
In Sunrise he should play double with Mahut but I wait the draw because the cut even in double is very high and they're only around #180 :sad:, I hope they can enter.

For singles the draw will be made tonight (night for us) and the cut is under #90 :eek: It will be very tough but good luck.

He's now the 1st alternate for Miami MD.

Hangdog
03-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the news :)
I was hoping for Arnico doubles at Sunrise but I expected it to be another Nico :devil: Anyway hope they'll be able to enter the draw with Nico M, too.
what a warm and fuzzy title! lol i feel like i want to be there too :)
Like if there is not enough sun in Australia :p

Via
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
thanks from me too :worship:

tennis is just not the same without arnaud... i haven't followed indian wells much at all, as if it doesn't exist.

Like if there is not enough sun in Australia :p

no there is never enough!! :) (luckily this week we'll have an entirely week of sun and very warm weather for autumn here):angel:

soulage
03-17-2009, 09:50 PM
He won to Junqueira 6-2/6-2. Yes he had a nice first round :angel: I follow the stream and it's was so boring :o Arno did the job waiting the faults of the other guy and doing some winners but it's was not exciting. In post match interview he said it was a very good match :lol: that he loves the court, that it's his first here and it will be tough to win that tournament since the field is as the same as in an ATP tournament. Next round it wiill be the winner of Acasuso/Sela

As I expected, with Nico their rank was not enough high but they received a WC and play the first seed Coetzee/Kerr.

Via
03-17-2009, 10:50 PM
well it's been a while since arno won so easily in an 'atp tournament' lol

so as long as i don't have to follow it and be bored, i'm ok with the win :)

Marine
03-18-2009, 09:50 AM
http://www.sunrisetennis.com/albums/album02/Arnaud_Clement_FRA_1.sized.jpg

I think he needs easy opponents to win some matches in a row, like in Cherbourg. Ok, these matches are not easy at all, but if he wins them, it's the most important.
You can see I try to be optimistic. ;)

It rains in Florida lol... we have a great weather in Paris ! It's nice to know, sometimes...lol

soulage
03-18-2009, 08:26 PM
It rains in Florida lol... we have a great weather in Paris ! It's nice to know, sometimes...lol
Yes very sunny in france today while in Sunrise it still rains :devil: According Challenger forum all the match have been cancelled for today lol Tomorrow two rounds have to be played.

At the end of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOz1v_uC-EY&eurl=http://www.sunrisetennis.com/home/homepage.php you have the highligts of yesterday match.

Via
03-18-2009, 10:59 PM
http://www.sunrisetennis.com/albums/album02/Arnaud_Clement_FRA_1.sized.jpg

I think he needs easy opponents to win some matches in a row, like in Cherbourg. Ok, these matches are not easy at all, but if he wins them, it's the most important.
You can see I try to be optimistic. ;)

the ultimate driving machine! :lol:

we have sunny weather in sydney right now too ;)

Hangdog
03-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Sunny days, huh? Here it's snowing and the forecast for this weekend is -8C. That is the weather :p
He won to Junqueira 6-2/6-2. Yes he had a nice first round :angel: I follow the stream and it's was so boring :o Arno did the job waiting the faults of the other guy and doing some winners but it's was not exciting. In post match interview he said it was a very good match :lol: that he loves the court, that it's his first here and it will be tough to win that tournament since the field is as the same as in an ATP tournament. Next round it wiill be the winner of Acasuso/Sela

As I expected, with Nico their rank was not enough high but they received a WC and play the first seed Coetzee/Kerr.
I also watched the second set and agree that it wasn't too exciting. Arnaud certainly wasn't paying some extra efforts, he was just trying to be solid - something that was enough to take this win without any problems. And his post-match comments were indeed funny considering that he didn't seem to be in such a great mood during the match itself. For those who missed it, I uploaded the match ball and the interview here (http://www.zshare.net/video/572146469671001e/) :)

And there is one more picture (from http://tennis-atp.blogspot.com/2009/03/photos-sunrise-bmw-tennis-championships.html; hmmm I didn't know Mahut switched to Lacoste):

http://www.shareapic.net/preview5/015519630.jpg (http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=15519630)

soulage
03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
On the match point video we see how slow were the ball kids. Arno was always keeping an eye on what they were doing like if all balls were on the right side :lol: It still rain in florida :o so don't know when arno will play but good news he's in Miami MD :angel: so he has until wednesday to prepare himself.

It confirmes here http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=244564&page=3 that Arno plays now with a the KBlade 98 from Wilson. It the case since Rotterdam but funny that in some tournaments like marseille he had his Head bag with his wilson rackets.

Bobble
03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Im still unsure as to the actual frame being the K98, I think it may be his regular head frame painted like a wilson, but still, it is strange that he has switched racquet sponsors to Wilson.

Thanks for the upload Hangdog

soulage
03-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Im still unsure as to the actual frame being the K98, I think it may be his regular head frame painted like a wilson, but still, it is strange that he has switched racquet sponsors to Wilson.
Really :confused: He has maybe no more contract because no stencil Head or Wilson on his rackets.

Marine
03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes, it's possible.
Even Pete Sampras was no more sponsored (by Nike) at the end of his career.

soulage
03-19-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm waiting the score of Arnaud's match because it suppose only lasted 30 minutes. No livescore :o I hope he's not injured :sad:

edit Arnaud is cheering Marco against Berdych atm. No idea what happened for him today.

soulage
03-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Arnaud won by retirement. No score for the moment but it was very short.

Clement moves past 2nd rd when Sela retires with injury. Soderling up 7-6, 4-0 on Bolelli. http://twitter.com/bmwmedia

soulage
03-20-2009, 12:15 PM
He takes Berdych in quarter. First real tennis match for Arno in Sunrise :devil:
In doubles, they lost 11-13 in the super tie-break :sad: The double ranking of Arno will be really poor and more after Miami that he can't enter.I don't know what he will do next weeks in doubles since he can't enter the 1000 and for the 500 and maybe 250 he needs a partner with a decent rank.

Kezzi
03-20-2009, 08:15 PM
On the match point video we see how slow were the ball kids. Arno was always keeping an eye on what they were doing like if all balls were on the right side :lol: It still rain in florida :o so don't know when arno will play but good news he's in Miami MD :angel: so he has until wednesday to prepare himself.

It confirmes here http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=244564&page=3 that Arno plays now with a the KBlade 98 from Wilson. It the case since Rotterdam but funny that in some tournaments like marseille he had his Head bag with his wilson rackets.
He did have the new head bag with him in Rotterdam, but I didn't pay attention to the rackets he was using.

higherlaw
03-20-2009, 09:43 PM
:wavey:

[1] [WC] T Berdych (CZE) d. A. Clement (FRA) 7-6(3), 6-4

soulage
03-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Close :sad:

Lost first set 6-7 (3) after again a slow start it was 0-3 after 8 minutes :o. Arno come back from 1-4 to 4-4, saved 2 set points at 4-5 but made a DF at 3-3 in the tie-break which costed him the set.
He was broken on first game of second set on the fourth BP. After the SC has been frozen but according stats he didn't have to save more BP. So again these slow set starts :mad: and he really need to improve his first serve %. But he's not ridiculous just need to win a big match against a to player this year. Go in Miami and do an upset now :scared:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5259/40800012.jpg

Now Arno will have some points to defend in tournaments lol He shoud be #58 next week with 40 points to defend in Miami.

Hangdog
03-21-2009, 04:21 PM
So close indeed, what a pity. Berdych must have been really happy to knock out 3 Frenchies in a row :devil:

A video for those who wanted it without a towel:

afMwiaa-ZTw
(by http://tennis-atp.blogspot.com)

soulage
03-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the shirtless video :umbrella: On the official website there is the highlights from yesterday and it seems there were some nice shots between Tomas and Arnaud.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUQaNDajUcU

soulage
03-24-2009, 09:59 PM
The qualifiers have been placed and Arnaud gets Robert Kendrick. Well, big serve often quite good on his soil. If Arno lose he would have spend very short time in US this year :lol:

They play tomorrow around noon local time.

Marine
03-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Kendrick has a good serve, but I prefer a qualifier for a first round.
But anyway, we know all matches aren't easy, he proved it in Marseille by losing against an unknown player.

soulage
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Zverev had some references on hard court indoors but I agree Arno should have win in marseille.

Kendrick is in the rythm with qualies, lives in florida and did well last week in IW. Arno has to play solid and serve very well to put pressure on Kendrick's serve.

soulage
03-25-2009, 04:19 PM
First set for Kendrick 6-3 and Arno doesn't exist on kendrick's serve :sad: I know it was tricky, when those big servers feel good it tought for a player like arno.

Marine
03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I'm following the match (not on tv).

soulage
03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
The tie-break is coming and i don't think he can win a tie-break against that guy.

Edit : Arno missed a set point on Kendrick's serve at 6-5 now the tie-break begins

soulage
03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
3-6/6-7(5) :sad:

It was not a good day :o Kendrick was good for sure maybe more than in his last matches & surely over motivated by playing in his home state but a loss is a loss :devil:

I arrive on livescore at the end of first set enough to see the bad stats :sad:. 2nd set : Arno had to struggle for getting the break at 3-2 but lost his serve the game following :rolleyes:. Most Arno's serve was a fight and even he was better on return in second set he didn't manage to convert his set point At 4-4 in the tie-break, Kendrick did the mini-break, Arno saved one match point on Kendrick's serve but lost the match on his own serve.

It's really pity. If we don't consider his challenger results he's doing nothing probant in ATP tournaments. Loosing again a winnable match. It's so frustrating :tape:

Now the clay and 10 days to prepare Casablanca and for us long time time to wait :zzz:

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20090325/all/l3716729.jpg

Equipe.fr Arnaud Clément n'a lui pas réussi à disputer de troisième set face à Robert Kendrick. À la peine pour relancer face à la puissance de son adversaire, l'Aixois n'a jamais été en mesure de breaker lors de la première manche. Kendrick a en effet remporté 15 des 16 points joués derrière sa première balle lors de ce set initial. Il a pris une fois le service de Clément : suffisant pour s'imposer 6-3. La suite a été plus accrochée, surtout parce que Kendrick a perdu sa précieuse régularité au service. Clément a pu débreaker (4-4) et confirmer pour faire la course en tête. Jusqu'au jeu décisif, où Kendrick a de nouveau fait parler sa patte (7-5).
Eurosport.fr Le chemin de croix se poursuit pour Arnaud Clement qui n'a toujours pas passé plus de deux tours en tournoi officiel depuis le début de l'année 2009. Sa victoire au tournoi challenger de Cherbourg début mars n'a pas suffi à redonner confiance à l'Aixois. Au premier tour, à Miami, le N.58 mondial était opposé à l'Américain Robert Kendrick (85e), sorti des qualifications. Dans ce match relativement équilibré marqué par seulement trois breaks, le Californien a fait la différence grâce à 13 aces, dont huit dans le deuxième set. Au prochain tour, ce dernier affrontera le Suédois Robin Soderling, tête de série N.23.

Via
03-25-2009, 11:05 PM
thanks for the reports :worship:

Truc
03-26-2009, 07:40 AM
He's a bit burnt-out, it's his 11th tournament this year already:
In L'Equipe:
CLÉMENT FATIGUÉ.– Pour son onzième tournoi de l’année (challengers compris), Arnaud Clément a calé net face au gros service de Robert Kendrick (6-3, 7-6). « Je ne me suis pas montré assez percutant, résuma-t-il. Un tout petit match, même si je dois gagner le deuxième set. » Le Français s’y détacha en effet 4-2 avant d’obtenir une balle de set à 6-5. Qu’il gâcha en frappant un bien pauvre revers dans le filet…« J’ai changé trois fois d’avis en une demi-seconde. Ça ne pardonne pas. Là, je crois que j’ai vraiment besoin de souffler. » Il va donc passer trois jours de vacances en Floride avec sa compagne Nolwenn. Reprise sur terre battue, à Casablanca (6-12 avril).

soulage
03-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks
Clement Tired : For his 11th tournaments of the year (including challengers), Arnaud was stopped by the big serves of Robert Kendrick (6-3,7-6)"I wasn't rather hard-hitting, he summed up. A little match even if i must win the second set". The french was up 4-2 before having a set point at 6-5 that he wasted by hitting a poor backhand into the net. "I changed three times my mind in a half-second. It isn't forgiven. Now, i think i really need a break." He will spend three days of holidays in Florida with his gf Nolwenn. Resuming on clay in Casablanca.

He played less matches than many players :devil: but that's true he could be burnt out mentally and when the guy in front of you gives nothing it can't work. Now he has some days of holidays to rest but as i think he needs many matches to be in the rhythm i'm not sure it will be great in Casa.

Marine
03-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I have not noticed he played as much the last months.
If 3 days "under the sun of Florida" can relax him, well, good (I'm jealousssss !)

soulage
03-26-2009, 07:16 PM
It's an excuse to have holidays :devil: or he's old and needs more rest :angel: but he plays many matches to gain confidence and find a good level and when it's happen he's burnt-out mentally :unsure:

We can notice that many qualifiers are in second round in Miami it's always tricky a qualifier :p