***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread

Eden
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I’m a huge fan of the Norwegian band a-ha since 1987 and during my time on MTF I talked to a few people who also seem to like them.
As a-ha are going to release a new album this year I thought it would be nice to have an own thread for them :)

Morten, Magne and Pal are currently working on the successcor of their last album “Analogue” which will according to their manager Harald Wiik come out on June 19th and will be followed by a tour later on.

a-ha are going to perform three concerts in South America already this month:

March 25 Sao Paolo, Brazil Credicard Hall
March 26 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Citibank Hall
March 28 Santiago, Chile Movistar Arena (Pepsi Music Festival)

It will be interesting whether they will introduce a few songs of the new album then. They played in London last year where they first each performed some of their solo songs and then played a few a-ha songs, including two ones from the new album.

swcMEd0bEi8 (Shadowside)

vACD1e-wEX0 (Riding the crest)

I’m really looking forward to new stuff and to see the band again in concert. I have been able to go to 11 concerts of them so far.

Please don’t be shy and drop a few lines in this thread if you like a-ha :)

jonathancrane
03-05-2009, 08:18 PM
I saw this thread the other day, but it was empty, couldn't post on it :confused:

I'm a fan of A-Ha too, that group means a lot for me.

NicolasKiefer44
03-07-2009, 10:07 PM
I am an a-ha fan since 1985. I loved Analogue but my fave cd is Scoundrel Days. I have always been perplexed at the incredible level of success they have had everywhere in the world other than America. When I mention them, everyone says Take On Me and no one has a clue when I mention Minor Earth Major Sky. Oh well. Success in America isn't necessary anymore. I am excited for any new material from a-ha in 2009.

Eden
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I saw this thread the other day, but it was empty, couldn't post on it :confused:

Unfortunately there was an database error right at the moment when I wanted to send the post. I don't know why just the name of the title appeared. I asked Peta to delete the thread so that I could start a new one.

I'm a fan of A-Ha too, that group means a lot for me.

You are quite young, right? How did you discover the band? :)

It's been a few years since they were really popular.

I am an a-ha fan since 1985. I loved Analogue but my fave cd is Scoundrel Days. I have always been perplexed at the incredible level of success they have had everywhere in the world other than America. When I mention them, everyone says Take On Me and no one has a clue when I mention Minor Earth Major Sky. Oh well. Success in America isn't necessary anymore. I am excited for any new material from a-ha in 2009.

My favourite album is also "Scoundreal Days" :) I got the cassette on my 12th birthday and since then I was really a fan of the band.

Are you from the States?

On 12 September 2005 a-ha played a quickly sold out show at Irving Plaza in New York City, the band's first concert in North America since 1986. The band has not returned to North America since, nor have they released anything there since 1993.

Regarding "Take on me": It happens in every part of the world that people associate a-ha with that song. Beside this the band really still suffer for their former image as a boyband. It's just the last years that the musicjournalist seem to take them seriously and even appreciate their early work.

jonathancrane
03-08-2009, 04:02 PM
You are quite young, right? How did you discover the band? :)

It's been a few years since they were really popular.

My favourite album is also "Scoundreal Days" :) I got the cassette on my 12th birthday and since then I was really a fan of the band.

I'm not so young ;)
I remember as a child to watch the "Take on me" clip on spanish TV and get haunted

"Scoundrel Days" i think is the fav album of the mayority of fans. The first time i listened "Manhattan Skyline" i felt scared :o

Eden
03-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I remember as a child to watch the "Take on me" clip on spanish TV and get haunted

I see :)

"Scoundrel Days" i think is the fav album of the mayority of fans. The first time i listened "Manhattan Skyline" i felt scared :o

Yes, it's indeed the favourite album of the majority of fans :)

I couldn't listen to "Manhattan Skyline" after the happenings of September 11th 2001. The first time I listened to it again was one year later during the a-ha tour in 2002 and it was very emotional when Magne announced the song.

NicolasKiefer44
03-09-2009, 12:40 AM
My favorite a-ha song is "October" from Scoundrel Days. When Morten's breathy whisper says "Loneliness can be ingnored and time will show me how" I just freeze up.

Yes I am from the states, and a-ha's profile here is simply a one hit wonder. Everyone makes fun of the hairdos and the high voice in the media. It was certainly the style then, so why make fun of it? Besides, if someone is as lucky to be as good looking as they were in the 80s, I would think they would glam themselves up too for videos.

KiwiChica
03-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Ohhh an a-ha thread! Well, I am usually your typical rock/metal/emo/punk chick, but I just love 80s music to bits and pieces, and thus I also love a-ha. I wasn't too impressed with their album "Analogue", but I just love "Scoundrel Days" as well, and "East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon" is a very nice one as well.

"Take On Me" ... well, yes, it is THE a-ha song, in a way, but like Eden said, they have much more to offer than just this one song. :)

acionescu
03-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry, Doris I forgot about this thread and today I was listening to Minor Earth Major Sky and I :bolt:ed to post.

You really are hardcore fans :hatoff: I like A-Ha very much but I only have Lifelines and the above and a compilation. My favorite songs are "Stay on this roads" "You'll Never Get Over Me" "Summer Mover On" "Forever Not Yours"....
A-Ha is very important to me also even if we became "closer" in a very tough period of my life. Listening to them makes me travell back in time when I was less happy but also less cinical...

And I fangirl Morten with a passion :rocker2:

Eden
03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Ohhh an a-ha thread! Well, I am usually your typical rock/metal/emo/punk chick, but I just love 80s music to bits and pieces, and thus I also love a-ha. I wasn't too impressed with their album "Analogue", but I just love "Scoundrel Days" as well, and "East Of The Sun, West Of The Moon" is a very nice one as well.

When have you discovered the band? :)

"Analogue" isn't one of my favourite albums as well, especially as it follows a trend which has already been seen on the former album "Lifelines": That you find songs on the record which seemed to be produced for one of the solo albums of the guys and then somehow seemed to end on the a-ha albums. It would be great if Magne and Pal would make a collaboration again just like in the good old times :)

Sorry, Doris I forgot about this thread and today I was listening to Minor Earth Major Sky and I :bolt:ed to post.

You really are hardcore fans :hatoff: I like A-Ha very much but I only have Lifelines and the above and a compilation. My favorite songs are "Stay on this roads" "You'll Never Get Over Me" "Summer Mover On" "Forever Not Yours"....

Good to see you in here :) So you don't have all the albums? Which one is missing in your collection? Maybe I can help you to get them if you would be interested.

Since when are you a fan of the band?

A-Ha is very important to me also even if we became "closer" in a very tough period of my life. Listening to them makes me travell back in time when I was less happy but also less cinical...

I can understand this so well :) :hug: There was also a time in my life when their music helped me a lot, especially the song "Slender frame".

And I fangirl Morten with a passion :rocker2:

I prefer Magne :angel:

Eden
03-27-2009, 11:21 PM
According to Pal the new album won't probably come out before September.

a-ha have announced some dates for concerts in the UK:

Nov 2, 2009 NIA Birmingham, UK
Nov 3, 2009 MEN Arena Manchester, UK
Nov 4, 2009 02 Arena London, UK

This is the setlist of the concerts in South America:

Living a boys adventure tale
The blood that moves the body
Cry Wolf
Scoundrel Days
Manhattan Skyline
Ive been loosing you
Minor earth major Sky
Riding the crest (from the new album)
Shadow side (from the new album)
I dream myself alive
Hunting down and low
Summer moved on
Train of thought
The swing of the things
Stay on these roads
What there is (from the new album)
Forever not yours
Crying in the rain
Living daylights

Encores:

The sun always shines on TV
Analogue
Take on me

KiwiChica
03-28-2009, 05:23 PM
When have you discovered the band? :)

Oooooooooooooofffff, I think I discovered them in the 90s when I started to become musically conscious and could start to understand what foreign bands were singing (which is unfortunately NOT the case when I listen to two of my favourite bands, Heroes del Silencio and Maná, but whatever). However, it took quite some time until I got really into them which was, ironically enough, shortly before the release of "Analogue". :) So I'd say I am still rather "new" to them, but they're awesome, anyway. :)

Eden
04-26-2009, 06:40 PM
The first single of the new album is called "Foot of the mountain"

http://universalmusic.no/ecards/aha/

Eden
04-28-2009, 06:43 PM
New a-ha single

http://www.mic.no/nmi.nsf/pic/ahafootofthemountain/$file/ahafootofthemountain.gif

a-ha’s latest single Foot of The Mountain saw its release this week.

June sees the release of pop icons a-ha’s much anticipated follow up to 2005’s ‘Analogue’. Avid fans of the masters of timeless pop magic got a taster of what to come this week as the trio offered the band’s latest single Foot of The Mountain.

The single is produced by Roland Spremberg and mixed by Steve Osborne at Real World Studios, UK. The new album on Universal is scheduled for release June 2009.

a-ha is one of the biggest pop successes in Norwegian history. In autumn '85, the trio reached no. 1 in the US and no. 2 in the UK with their début single Take On Me. They went on to wreak havoc on the charts with eighteen hit singles and six albums, including the collection ‘Headlines and Deadlines – The Hits of a-ha’, and wrote the title theme for the James Bond film ‘The Living Daylights’ in '87. Following the release of 1993’s ‘Memorial Beach’ the band went on a hiatus for a number of years, returning in 2000 with the strong come-back album ‘Minor Earth Major Sky’.

a-ha returned with a studio album in 2002 with ‘Lifelines’, and the studio album was followed by a live recording the next year; ‘How Can I sleep With Your Voice In My Head – a-ha Live’. 2004 marked the trio’s 20th anniversary which was celebrated with a release of a singles collection: ‘The singles 1984 -2004’. 2005 saw the release of ‘Analogue’ which also marked the band’s shift to a new record label, Universal.

a-ha’s Foot of The Mountain can be streamed from Universal Norway’s site.

Source: http://www.mic.no/mic.nsf/doc/art2009042421343113547264

jonathancrane
04-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanx for the updates, Doris :)

Eden
04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
You are welcome :)

Have you listened to the song? It's an updated version of the song "The longest night" which was on Magne's latest soloalbum.

The band is going to tour in Germany at the end of October. They play 4 concerts here, but I'm not sure yet to how many concerts I'm going to.

On their last tour I was able to see them three times and had tickets for three more concerts, but then I got ill and couldn't go.

Have you ever been to a concert of them?

jonathancrane
05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Not yet, i'm going to search for it on PBay :)

Never been of any of their concerts, sadly

Eden
05-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Hope you will be able to see them in concert one day :)

Here's an ad for the upcoming new album:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6414933/Aha_09_Das_Comeback_des_Jahres

Eden
05-24-2009, 10:27 AM
World premier of "Foot of the mountain" on the final of "Germany's Next Topmodel"

4JQPtHRnhEM

According to www.a-ha.com there will be the following ten songs on the new album:

1. The Bandstand
2. Riding The Crest
3. What There Is
4. Foot Of The Mountain
5. Real Meaning
6. Shadowside
7. Nothing Is Keeping You Here
8. Mother Nature Goes To Heaven
9. Sunny Mystery
10. Start The Simulator

Eden
06-04-2009, 08:05 AM
a-ha have entered the German single charts with their new single on #3 :yeah: This is their highest entry in the charts here since "Take on me" :)

Eden
06-23-2009, 08:56 PM
"Foot of the mountain" has immediately went to #1 in the German album charts :dance: Well done guys :yeah:

This song called "The bandstand" lWboi5MR1gA could become my favourite of the album.

jonathancrane
06-24-2009, 08:25 AM
:wavey:

I've listened now the album a few times, and can say that my fav track is "Sunny Mystery"

Manon
06-24-2009, 10:52 PM
So Doris, as promised:)

No.1 for now is 'Nothing Is Keeping You Here'. As you know it's just one day, I'll tell you way more in a week or so.

Eden
06-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Excellent documentary about the career of the band:

Part 1

oynDjAGSFLs

Part 2

VuzfuTqInEM

acionescu
06-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the links, Doris :hatoff:

I tried to watch it last night but I fell asleep after 1/2 hour :o

2.10 AM is not hour to show these classics, Sat.1 :smash:

KiwiChica
07-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't have the new album as of yet, but ... I absolutely LOVE "Foot Of The Mountain". Definitely among my favourite songs atm, and my "summer song" 2009. :D

Eden
07-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the links, Doris :hatoff:

I tried to watch it last night but I fell asleep after 1/2 hour :o

2.10 AM is not hour to show these classics, Sat.1 :smash:

Yes, the hour to show it was really not the best one, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it to see the interview :) I think it's one of the best ones I have ever listened to of them. Nice that Pal got an opportunity to say something as well, when he is surrounded by Magne and Morten he doesn't really get a chance :lol:

I don't have the new album as of yet, but ... I absolutely LOVE "Foot Of The Mountain". Definitely among my favourite songs atm, and my "summer song" 2009. :D

Good to hear that you like the current single :)

Do you plan to go to a concert of them this year?

By the way: "Foot of the mountain" will be the official song for the World Championship in Athletics in Berlin :yeah:

mitalidas
07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I like how the old amongst us congregated on an A-Ha thread. Funny, but depressing!

Eden
07-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I like how the old amongst us congregated on an A-Ha thread. Funny, but depressing!

I'm still young at heart :p Though I have to confess that it is indeed a bit strange for how many years the band is meanwhile a part of my life :)

So do you like them as well? Please tell us a bit more :)

Morten, Magne and Pal are quite busy at the moment to promote the new album. Here are some of the highlights of their latest work:

a-ha's cover of "A question of lust" by Depeche Mode on a UK radio show

wGXwNHX_6Bo

a-ha performing "Foot of the mountain" and "The sun always shines on tv" live at " Friday Night with Jonathan Ross"

WgIOL4vclgQ

Interview on Sky News

y60Aba19m0A

Eden
07-30-2009, 09:15 PM
a-ha on BBC Breakfast

tKn_w8J577c

Morten and Magne on GMTV

QBdfQGZaCas

Acoustic version of "Foot of the mountain"

v6WGPjFaxe4

acionescu
07-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks, Doris :hatoff:

Can't wait to get home to see the clips :dance:

KiwiChica
07-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Guess which CD is currently playing as I type? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, and I don't have any a-ha concerts planned. My whole money is spent on footie. :p

Eden
08-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Guess which CD is currently playing as I type? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Which are your favourite songs of the album? :)

Oh, and I don't have any a-ha concerts planned. My whole money is spent on footie. :p

I spend my money on tennis and go to one concert nevertheless :p

I wasn't so sure at first whether I would go to the tour this year because I'm not happy that it will be seated concerts. You never know what people are sitting on the stands and how they react when you dare to stand up during the show :rolleyes: But of course I changed my opinion and got a ticket for the opening concert in Cologne. The band has announced 4 concerts in Germany so far, but apparently there will follow some more :)

According to www.a-ha.com the second single from 'Foot of the Mountain' outside the UK will be a new mix of 'Shadowside.' This alternative version was produced by Martin Terefe. The release date and countries are still to be confirmed.

'Shadowside' is expected to be the third single in the UK market, following the September 21 release of 'Nothing Is Keeping You Here'. a-ha will be in the UK doing promotion for 'Nothing Is Keeping You Here' in September.

There will be videos made for both 'Nothing Is Keeping You Here' and 'Shadowside'.

Eden
09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Some new interviews with the guys:

JKLH443l9-g

nR4BmTdpvY0

Eden
10-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Official videoclip for "Shadowside"

-IRMhLr9LAY

Eden
10-15-2009, 06:46 PM
What sad news to come home to this evening :sad: :sad:

A-ha to break up after 25 years

The band formed in 1982, and scored their first hit three years later
Pop group A-ha have announced they are to call it a day, just months after achieving a top 10 album in the UK.

"We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale," the group, which formed 25 years ago, said.

The trio added that the split would allow them to pursue "other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else".

The Norwegian band scored international hits with The Sun Always Shines On TV and Take On Me in the 1980s.

Their most recent album, Foot Of The Mountain, marked a return to their synth-pop roots after a period in which they recorded chiming guitar ballads. It charted at number five in the UK.

Farewell tour

However, the band never quite recaptured the spark of their heyday, when lead singer Morten Harket was a teen pin-up and the group were followed around by screaming fans.

They even broke a world record at Rio de Janeiro's Maracana Stadium in 1991, when 196,000 fans paid to see them.

But after the commercial failure of 1993's Memorial Beach, the band went on hiatus, only reforming after being invited to play the Nobel Peace Prize concert in 1998.

Both Harket and guitarist Paul Waaktaar-Savoy released solo albums during this period.

The group have announced they will mount a farewell tour before disbanding. Only the final date, in Oslo on 4 December 2010, has so far been confirmed.

"We are retiring as a band, not as individuals," the band reassured fans in their statement.

"Change is always difficult and it is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8308829.stm

jonathancrane
10-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Really sad news

Dini
10-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Doris :hug: :hug: :hug:

Eden
10-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Really sad news

Yes, indeed :sad: Everyone on the forums is absolutely shocked. That's the least news we expected from the band.

Of course it's great for them to finish their career whilst still being successful and in the same year as they celebrate the 25th anniversairy of the first release of "Take on me", but they have been an important part of the life of so many people and it's hard to imagine not to get new music from them as a band. They all worked individually in the past years - and these solo projects were probably the reason that the band has been together until now -, but it's not the same as when they work as a band.

Doris :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Nadine :) :hug:

Ivanatis
10-15-2009, 07:32 PM
dont worry too much guys, there's lots of comebacks these days, maybe they'll reunite 2 or 3 years later, who knows

Eden
10-15-2009, 07:39 PM
dont worry too much guys, there's lots of comebacks these days, maybe they'll reunite 2 or 3 years later, who knows

I don't think so. They already had a few years break in the 90ies, but never announced the breakup. Of course you never know what is going to happen in the future, but a comeback is hard to imagine for me somehow this time.

acionescu
10-17-2009, 02:49 PM
:crying2: shocking news :tears:

Now I have to do everything in my power to see them in concert next year :rocker2:

Eden
10-17-2009, 03:32 PM
:crying2: shocking news :tears:

I still can't believe it :sad: It's so sad to read the thoughts of other fans :awww:

Now I have to do everything in my power to see them in concert next year :rocker2:

Have you ever been to a concert of them before? I really would love to go to the last concert in Oslo, so many people I know are going, but it would take me over 20 hours by train to travel there and I wouldn't do this alone. I hate it to be afraid of flying, otherwise it would be no problem at all to go. The concert is already sold out, but it's not a problem to get a ticket.

Apparently the band will be playing on festivals in Europe in the summer months and do a European tour in October/November, but somehow I don't see them giving concerts next year, when they already tour this autumn/winter in Europe.

I really hope for you that you will get the chance to see them :)

acionescu
10-17-2009, 03:35 PM
No, I never saw a live A-ha concert, actually I've been to a very small number of concerts in my life :tears: but maybe I could catch them somewhere in a festival next summer around Eastern Europe....

Eden
10-17-2009, 03:49 PM
I'll keep you informed as soon as I know something :)

By the way, you can see the band this evening on the Mario Barth show on RTL, which starts on 10.15 p.m. They are going to perform "Shadowside". The appearance was recorded before the announcement of the break up was made public.

acionescu
10-17-2009, 03:57 PM
*checks if she has RTL*....

EDIT: :bounce: :yeah:

clever1980
10-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks for starting the thread Doris. Are they really separating? :sad: I don't see their schedule to perform in the U.S..

acionescu
10-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Have a great time at the concert, Doris :rocker2:

and grope Morten for me :o

Eden
10-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for starting the thread Doris. Are they really separating? :sad: I don't see their schedule to perform in the U.S..

Tarrie, nice to see you in here :hug:

The news about the seperation are true indeed :sobbing:

The band posted the following message on their homepage to announce the break-up:

A-HA SAY GOODBYE WITH A FAREWELL TOUR 2010

10-15-09

A fantastic international career spanning almost 3 decades of making pop history.
9 studio albums with sales in excess of 35 million - 70 million units including singles.
15 top ten singles in the UK alone. Nominations, awards, and multiple world tours - including the legendary show at the Maracana Stadium, Rio de Janeiro in 1992, which earned a Guinness World Record for the largest-ever audience attendance at a paid concert - a whopping 196.000 people!
In the mid 80's, the Norwegian trio generated teenage hysteria and general pandemonium wherever they went. Since reforming in 1999 after a 7-year hiatus, the band has seen the focus shift away from the pop phenomenon they once were towards the musical legacy they leave behind - inspiring a whole generation of esteemed artists of today, from Coldplay and Keane, to Kanye West, Oasis, The Strokes, Robbie Williams, even U2.

In 2006 the band received a 'Q Inspiration Award' in honor of their lasting musical influence.

With the current album 'Foot of The Mountain' enjoying both commercial success and critical acclaim, A-ha has decided to call it a day.

As a consequence, A-ha will not be releasing any further albums in the future.

The band would like to thank their fans and everyone who has contributed to their amazing journey, and say:

'We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for.
Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else - and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music. We are retiring as a band, not as individuals.
Change is always difficult and It is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on.'

2010 marks the 25-year anniversary of A-ha's multi-platinum debut album 'Hunting High & Low' and the debut single 'Take On Me' which with the aid of a truly unforgettable video went on to become a number 1 in 27 countries worldwide, including USA.

The band will make a final world tour in 2010 to end their collaboration on a high note.
The last concert will take place in Oslo on December the 4th. See you there!

Source:
http://www.a-ha.com/news/languages/english/AHA_fullStory.aspx?PostID=4214

Tour dates for the new year aren't available yet, with the exception of the last concert in Oslo on December 4th and - because it was sold out immediately - there is going to be another show in Oslo the day before.

This is what you can read about the plans for 2010 on a-ha com:

In March, a-ha will spend approximately three weeks touring in South America.
There will be a two-week tour of North American cities in May.
The summer months take a-ha back to Europe and the UK for some festivals.
There is going to be a European tour to round up everything in October and November.

Source: http://www.a-ha.com/news/languages/english/AHA_fullStory.aspx?PostID=3610

Have a great time at the concert, Doris :rocker2:

Thanks :hug: I guess it will be great and emotional at the same time. I'm going to meet up with lots of fans and a discussion about the break up is inevitable, but of course we will rock :rocker2:

Unfortunately I don't have a really good seat tomorrow, but at least I'm there - and I still can see the band again in nearly 3 weeks :dance:

and grope Morten for me :o

Who is Morten? :scratch: You know that I prefer the guys who don't have loss of hair :p (not only in musicians :angel: )

Eden
10-31-2009, 04:19 PM
a-ha's concert in Cologne was just incredible and everyone I talked to about it was ecstatic about the evening.
Unfortunately the people I went with to the show all had tickets for the interior whilst I had to sit on the grandstand, but I had a really good place there. I didn't wanted to go to my actual seat because I came into the hall a bit late as we were in a restaurant before.
The opening act - the German band Stanfour - had already started and it was quite dark to find my place. I sat down on a block where they normally don't sell tickets for and had a good look at the stage from there. It was so impressive to see the whole arena. Everyone stood up immediately when a-ha entered the stage, clapped hands and sang along.
Morten, Magne and Pal played lots of old songs and at one time I was wondering whether they would play all the songs from the "Hunting high and low" album :lol:
Unfortunately they didn't said anything on stage about the upcoming seperation of the band, but the evening wasn't meant to be a sad one anyway. It was a huge party and I guess I talk for many fans when I say that it was only at certain moments a bit emotional to think about the fact that we won't see them together from the end of 2010 any more.

This is the setlist:

The Sun Always Shines on TV
Riding the Crest
The Bandstand
Scoundrel Days
Stay on These Roads
Manhattan Skyline
Hunting High and Low
The Blood That Moves The Body
Dream Myself Alive
And You Tell Me
Velvet
Train of Thought
Sunny Mystery
Forever Not Yours
Shadowside
Summer Moved On
Foot of the Mountain

Encore:

Cry Wolf
Analogue
The Living Daylights

Second Encore:

Take On Me

Eden
12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
This is just great :lol:

8HE9OQ4FnkQ

Eden
02-02-2010, 09:26 PM
A-ha Returning To America For Farewell Tour Dates

Monday, February 1, 2010
By Jeffrey Hyatt

As part of their ‘Ending on a High Note’ farewell tour, a-ha will be doing a handful of dates in New York and Los Angeles this May; it marks just the second time since 1986 the Norwegian trio have visited the U.S. Back in 2005, a-ha played a single show in America, at Irving Plaza in New York on September 12.

2010 marks the 25-year anniversary of a-ha’s multi-platinum debut album Hunting High & Low and the famous single “Take On Me,” which, with the help of a classic music video, went on to become number 1 in 27 countries worldwide. The last a-ha concert will take place in Oslo on December 4th.

Earlier this year, around the release of their current album Foot of The Mountain, Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen, and Paul Waaktaar-Savoy decided to call it a day.

“We’ve literally lived the ultimate boy’s adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for,” the band explained. “Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else – and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music. We are retiring as a band, not as individuals.”

The band statement closed by saying:

“Change is always difficult and It is easy to get set in one’s ways. Now it is time to move on.’
Even though a-ha didn’t make it back to the states after the ‘86 tour until the 2005 gig (the concert sold out in 52 minutes!), and never reached the supreme heights of their debut album in the U.S. market, the trio remained a massively popular act worldwide; 9 studio albums with sales in excess of 35 million – 70 million units including singles, one of the biggest-selling Norwegian act of all time, 15 top ten singles in the UK alone and big world tours – including the legendary show at the Maracana Stadium, Rio de Janeiro in 1992, which earned a Guinness World Record for the largest-ever audience attendance at a paid concert – 196,000 people.

Beginning February 2, a-ha.com members will have the opportunity to purchase some of the best seats in the house during a ticket presale.

a-ha 2010 Tour Dates:

03/04 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Luna Park
03/06 – Santiago, CL @ Movistar Arena
03/09 – Bauru, BR @ Alameda Quality Center
03/10 – Sao Paulo, BR @ Credicard Hall
03/13 – Rio de Janeiro, BR @ Citibank Hall
03/14 – Belo Horizonte, BR @ Chevrolet Hall
03/16 – Brasilia, BR @ Centro de Convenções
03/18 – Recife, BR @ Chevrolet Hall
03/20 – Fortaleza, BR @ Siara Hall
05/06 – New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre
05/07 – New York, NY @ Nokia Theatre
05/15 – Los Angeles, CA @ Club Nokia
05/28 – Mönchengladbach, DE @ Warsteiner HockeyPark
05/29 – Trier, DE @ Arena Trier
05/30 – Hessentag, DE @ Stadtallendorf
06/01 – Kiel, DE @ Sparkassen-Arena-Kiel
07/18 – Salem, DE @ Schloß Salem
07/23 – Emmendingen, DE @ Schlossplatz
07/24 – Halle, DE @ Gerry Weber Stadion
07/25 – Dresden, DE @ Filmnächte am Elbufer
10/10 – Amsterdam, NL @ Heineken Music Hall
10/11 – Brussels, BE @ Forest National
10/12 – Paris, FR @ Le Zenith
10/14 – Madrid, ES @ Palacio Vista Alegre
10/15 – Barcelona, ES @ St. Jordi Club
10/18 – Munich, DE @ Olympiahalle München
10/19 – Stuttgart, DE @ Porsche-Arena
10/20 – Nurnberg, DE @ Arena Nürnberger Versicherung
10/22 – Leipzig, DE @ Arena Leipzig
10/23 – Rostock, DE @ Stadthalle Rostock
10/25 – Braunschweig, DE @ Volkswagen Halle
10/26 – Mannheim, DE @ SAP Arena
10/28 – Hamburg, DE @ Color Line Arena
10/29 – Berlin, DE @ O2 World
12/02 – Oslo, NO @ Oslo Spektrum
12/03 – Oslo, NO @ Oslo Spektrum
12/04 – Oslo, NO @ Oslo Spektrum

Source: http://beatcrave.com/2010-02-01/a-ha-returning-to-america-for-farewell-tour-dates/

Eden
03-08-2010, 09:09 PM
The ‘Ending on a High Note’ tour started on a high note in Argentina on Thursday night, with a sold out show at Luna Park in Buenos Aires.

This was the setlist for the concert:

Bandstand
Foot of the Mountain
Analogue
Forever Not Yours
Summer Moved On
Move To Memphis
Crying in the Rain
Stay On These Roads
Blood That Moves The Body
Living Daylights
Early Morning
And You Tell Me
Scoundrel Days
Cry Wolf
Looking For The Whales
Manhattan Skyline
I’ve Been Loosing You
Living A Boys Adventure Tale
Hunting High and Low
Train Of Thought
The Sun Always Shines on TV
Take on Me

Pictures can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/a-ha_dotcom/

clever1980
05-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Doris!! :hug: I had a great time.. It was so much fun. I will try to write a little about it in coming days. (From what I can recall..) It is 1:50 AM and I just got home.. :)

Eden
05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Tarrie :hug: Great to hear that you enjoyed the concert :) I'm really looking forward to read what you have to say about the evening.

You can find links to pictures from the concerts on www.a-ha.com (Maybe you'll discover yourself on one of them ;) )

a-ha will give a very special concert on October 8 in the Royal Albert Hall in London. They are going to perform the whole "Hunting high and low" album there.

I haven't checked yet, but I'm pretty sure half of the members of the a-ha forums will attend the show :lol:

clever1980
05-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Hi Doris.. :hug: So Are you going to their London concert? :eek:

Sorry it took me so long to write a couple of paragraphs.

Here is my May 6 2010 concert experience. A-ha performed at Nokia Theater which I have never been to before. Door opened at 7 PM but I was so surprised to see there was already a line formed outside when I got there at 5:20 PM. They have quite a few fans obviously. (I believed tickets for both days they performed in NY were sold out.)

Nokia Theater is rather small, and stage is low. There were standing area in front and seats at the back. As an old lady I am, I chose to just take a seat. It would have been really nice to stand because we would have gotten a rather close place near the stage.

Norwegian singer-songwriter Sondre Lerche opened the show and sang for 30 mins. The special guest was not at all interesting to me. :rolleyes: And he began to worry me with thoughts like "What if A-ha is boring too?" To be honest with you, I am not really a diehard fan and I doesn’t know too much about them. I got to see a few of their MTVs when I was growing up. I do own a couple of their CDs (I don't remember what they are :lol:)so I am familiar with some of their songs. But kind of lost touch with their band when I moved to the States.

The band showed up at at around 9 PM. Once their opening song, BandStand was played, I knew they wouldn’t disappoint. They music was electric. Even though stage arrangement wasn’t as grand as other concerts I had seen, I wasn’t complaining. It was a smaller but more intimate concert. Morten is still soooooooooooo cute. :p Many fans were dancing, (or shaking :p) some were singing along. When they showed their photos from the past until now in the background, I felt really sad thinking how much time has passed. I wondered had they sung “Crying in the rain,” I would probably shed a tear or two.:D)

Concert wasn’t as long as I would have liked. It was over too soon. And I also wish they would have given a couple of speeches besides "Hello New York" or "Thank you" since it was their farewell tour. I have to say I loved every song they chose to sing. Especially Bandstand, Move to Memphis, Stay on these roads, Crywolf, Manhattan Skyline, The Living Daylights, .. Love them all. It would have been nice if they would sing “You are the one” dedicating to me.. :lol:

Over all, I had a great time reliving my young life for a couple of hours and my friends liked the concert as well even though they didn’t even know the band. (I didn’t have any photos to post here because my camera isn’t good enough.)

Eden
05-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi Doris.. :hug:

Tarrie :hug: Thanks so much for your report :) I really enjoyed to read what you had to say.

So Are you going to their London concert? :eek:

No, I won't be going. I will see the band 3 times in Germany this year, that has to be enough ;) If there wouldn't have been any shows here in Germany I would have probably considered going, as I think it will be really special just to hear the songs from their debut album.

Sorry it took me so long to write a couple of paragraphs.

No problem at all :)

Here is my May 6 2010 concert experience. A-ha performed at Nokia Theater which I have never been to before. Door opened at 7 PM but I was so surprised to see there was already a line formed outside when I got there at 5:20 PM. They have quite a few fans obviously. (I believed tickets for both days they performed in NY were sold out.)

Nokia Theater is rather small, and stage is low. There were standing area in front and seats at the back. As an old lady I am, I chose to just take a seat. It would have been really nice to stand because we would have gotten a rather close place near the stage.

It's much more comfortable to have a seated place and don't have to wait already hours in front of the door in order to belong to the first people to get into the hall and get a place in front of the stage. But I stood at most of the a-ha concerts I had been to and it simply belongs to a concert of them to get pushed by other fans and leave the concert with bruises :lol:

Since a few years you get seated places for most of their concerts and you have to be really quick and lucky to get a place for the first rows.

Norwegian singer-songwriter Sondre Lerche opened the show and sang for 30 mins. The special guest was not at all interesting to me. :rolleyes:

I haven't listened to any stuff from him, but a-ha's supporting acts are often fellow musicians from Scandinavia. I really liked the opening band from their last tour, "Stanfour" from Germany. They were very good :)

And he began to worry me with thoughts like "What if A-ha is boring too?"

:speakles:

The band showed up at at around 9 PM. Once their opening song, BandStand was played, I knew they wouldn’t disappoint. They music was electric. Even though stage arrangement wasn’t as grand as other concerts I had seen, I wasn’t complaining. It was a smaller but more intimate concert. Morten is still soooooooooooo cute. :p Many fans were dancing, (or shaking :p) some were singing along. When they showed their photos from the past until now in the background, I felt really sad thinking how much time has passed. I wondered had they sung “Crying in the rain,” I would probably shed a tear or two.:D)

:awww:

Concert wasn’t as long as I would have liked. It was over too soon.

I always feel this way, too.

And I also wish they would have given a couple of speeches besides "Hello New York" or "Thank you" since it was their farewell tour.

:lol:

Sorry, that I laugh, but this sentence is nothing new for us European fans who got to see them frequently ;) The guys never say much on the stage and if it wouldn't be for Magne it would be even more silent.

When I got to see the band last year after the announcement of their split had been made I really hoped they would say something about it during the concerts, but they didn't mention it with one word, which I found a bit disappointing.

I'm curious how it will be this year at the German concerts.

I have to say I loved every song they chose to sing. Especially Bandstand, Move to Memphis, Stay on these roads, Crywolf, Manhattan Skyline, The Living Daylights, .. Love them all. It would have been nice if they would sing “You are the one” dedicating to me.. :lol:

Nice favourites - apart from "Cry Wolf" :p I never liked this song and I know that I'm not the only one who thinks so. But somehow a-ha seem to like to perform it.

Over all, I had a great time reliving my young life for a couple of hours and my friends liked the concert as well even though they didn’t even know the band. (I didn’t have any photos to post here because my camera isn’t good enough.)

It's great that you had such a wonderful time and that your friends also enjoyed the concert :)

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts :hug:

Eden
06-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Today there was the world premiere for a new a-ha song called "Butterfly, Butterfly (the last hurrah)", which will be included on “25″, a new best-of compilation to be released on July 19.

You can listen to the song here:

http://www.warnerwall.no/h%C3%B8r-den-nye-singelen-til-a-ha/

gillian
06-19-2010, 02:06 AM
A friend introduced me to a-ha earlier this year (I'd only known them through "Take On Me") And I've fallen in love with this band. Seriously. I was so thrilled when I got to see them at their tour stop in Chicago (I did a write-up of it at my blog http://ghateswriting.blogspot.com/2010/05/ha-you-mean-those-guys.html). Such an awesome show, I didn't want it to end. I'm only sad that I'm discovering this band in the twilight of its career. But what a marvelous twilight it is.

lurker
06-19-2010, 02:54 AM
I missed their US stop. Oh well. Didn't they get together for Live 8 as well? I saw internet streams of a-ha during Live8, much better than what was broadcasting in the US, btw! I was surprised they were still playing and still such a draw that they were playing Live 8 in Europe!

My favorite song is "Stay On These Roads" I could listen over and over.

Eden
06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
A friend introduced me to a-ha earlier this year (I'd only known them through "Take On Me") And I've fallen in love with this band. Seriously. I was so thrilled when I got to see them at their tour stop in Chicago (I did a write-up of it at my blog http://ghateswriting.blogspot.com/2010/05/ha-you-mean-those-guys.html). Such an awesome show, I didn't want it to end. I'm only sad that I'm discovering this band in the twilight of its career. But what a marvelous twilight it is.

Thanks a lot for your great report :) It's fantastic that you discovered the band right in time and got to see them in concert.

Do you think there would be a chance for you to travel to Europe to see them in one of their last shows?

A lot of fans from countries where the band hasn't performed in for years always travelled to Europe when a-ha performed here.

Which 3 albums do you have of them? :)

I missed their US stop. Oh well. Didn't they get together for Live 8 as well? I saw internet streams of a-ha during Live8, much better than what was broadcasting in the US, btw! I was surprised they were still playing and still such a draw that they were playing Live 8 in Europe!

My favorite song is "Stay On These Roads" I could listen over and over.

Sorry for you that you missed their concerts :awww:

The band got together again after their break for the Nobel Peace Price Concert in 1998, where they played "The sun always shines on TV" and their new song "Summer moved on". They released the album "Minor earth major sky" in 2000 and went on touring in the same year. In 2002 they played for the first time in 9 years in Great Britain. In 2005 they gave a concert in New York, which was the first one of the band there since nearly 20 years.

Eden
07-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Morten's special way to forget his lines :p

XCyAZQc2I6Y

I saw the band in Halle yesterday and it was quite strange to stand on the ground where I have seen a grasscourt tournament a few weeks ago. Magne twice made an association to Halle and tennis.

MariusD
07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Haven't heard of them until now, but they're pretty good...

Eden
07-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Haven't heard of them until now, but they're pretty good...

How old are you if I may ask and from which country? :)

a-ha had their breakthrough in 1985 and were successful all over the world at that time. They hold the worldrecord in performing at a concert in a stadion - nearly 190 000 people watched them in 1991 in Rio de Janeiro :)

At first they were seen as what you would call "boy band" now, but they tried to escape that image with new styles, in look and music. They had a few years break in the 90ies and it wasn't sure whether they would come back, but then they played at the Nobel Peace Price Concert in Oslo in 1998 and released a very successful comeback album in 2000.

A lot of current musicians have said that they were influenced by the music of a-ha.

You can find a lot of their concerts on youtube, which give you an impression of their songs, especially ones which you won't find on their upcoming Best of Album "25". That CD will include all their singles from the past 25 years :)

MariusD
07-26-2010, 02:50 PM
How old are you if I may ask and from which country? :)

I'm 19 from Utrecht, NL. Listening now to some of their tunes, like Take on Me, most of them sound very familiar, though I had no idea they beloged to Aha. I guess they're the type of songs you hear in pubs and in movies, but you aren't given a clue about who is performing.

Eden
07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm 19 from Utrecht, NL.

I have been in Utrecht this year - nice town :)

Well, when you are 19 you weren't even born when a-ha had their breakthrough, but I know some fans of them who belong to the "younger" generation and have discovered the band through their later stuff.

Listening now to some of their tunes, like Take on Me, most of them sound very familiar, though I had no idea they beloged to Aha. I guess they're the type of songs you hear in pubs and in movies, but you aren't given a clue about who is performing.

"Take on me" is surely their most known song which probably gets played the most often together with "The sun always shines on TV", which is also from their first album "Hunting high and low".

a-ha even did a soundtrack in 1987 for a James Bond movie

WzV4WGoyl4Q

These old songs fascinate people the most at their concerts, but that probably goes for every artist that the so-called classics get the most recognition :)

Eden
07-31-2010, 11:00 PM
A 15 minutes long interview with Morten in English can be seen here :)

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/1100930/Morten-Harket-im-Interview-%2528engl.%2529#/beitrag/video/1100930/Morten-Harket-im-Interview-(engl.)

acionescu
08-01-2010, 07:15 AM
OMG, some people are really blessed :inlove: 50 years and still smoking :hearts:

Eden
08-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Will there ever be a concert where Morten won't forget his lines? :lol:

NrL1rFyFwbA

go to 1:40 and you will see it

Eden
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
a-ha performed together with the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra the whole songs from their first two albums "Hunting high and low" and "Scoundrel days" in Oslo on October 4th. It was a charity concert.

Would have loved to be there :awww:

Some highlights

hk1r-DNAukI

urohRzsLZo4

Eden
10-26-2010, 10:54 AM
OMG, some people are really blessed :inlove: 50 years and still smoking :hearts:

He still looks great even though he loses hair :p He even gets asked about his hair in interviews :lol: Seriously: Don't have journalists more intelligent questions to ask?

It's really bad that you were never able to see a-ha live Andreea :awww:

I already had tears in my eyes yesterday during a concert and I'm pretty sure that I will really get emotional on Friday when I'm going to see them the last time ever :sad:

Somehow an important part of my life is going to end then. This band has accompanied me since I was 11 or 12 years old and I grew up with them.
I still remember when my friend and I went to our first concert of a-ha in 1991. Afterwards I said this had been the best day of my life... Well, since then more great days happened but I will always remember how I felt when I saw them for the first time on stage :)

acionescu
10-26-2010, 11:04 AM
I listen to the concert at RAH on BBC some days ago. Morten's voice was :awww: :o but you could still feel the magic :inlove:

I bet Morten is glad he got old. On their clips on YT there is NO video where how Morten looks is not mentioned at least 100 times :lol:

he was indeed perfect :worship: :worship:

Winnipeg
10-26-2010, 03:33 PM
a-ha has to be one of my all time favorite bands...my fave songs from them is the original take on me and hunting high and low.
glad to see they have some other fans on here!

dombrfc
10-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Takeee onnn meeeee

:)

Eden
10-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I listen to the concert at RAH on BBC some days ago. Morten's voice was :awww: :o but you could still feel the magic :inlove:

I think his voice is very good at the moment :)

I bet Morten is glad he got old. On their clips on YT there is NO video where how Morten looks is not mentioned at least 100 times :lol:

:lol: It's also mentioned in every printed article. I'm sure it's annoying for him - he has to read and here stuff like this since 25 years :p

a-ha has to be one of my all time favorite bands...my fave songs from them is the original take on me and hunting high and low.
glad to see they have some other fans on here!

Nice to hear from another one who appreciates the band :)

a-ha published a remastered version of the "Hunting high and low" album this year where you can also find the demo versions of the songs. I haven't got the CD yet but plan to get it later - probably next year as a comfort when I can't buy a new regular album of the band ;)

"Hunting high and low" is one of my all-time favourite songs and it's always special to listen to it at a concert and get the opportunity to sing along to it.

a-ha have a conflicting attitude towards "Take on me". They know that this song has been very important for their career but to get asked about one song for 25 years is a bit annoying for them.
If they could they wouldn't play the song on every concert but they know that the crowd wants to hear it and therefore they play it.

Takeee onnn meeeee

:)

Another "Take on me" fan I guess :p

Eden
11-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Nice 8000 € question today on the German "Who wants to be a millionaire":

Which band is going to play their last ever concert on December 4th in Oslo?

A: Rolling Stones
B: a-ha
C: Kiss
D: Spice Girls

The lady answers A, says Oslo is in Sweden and goes home with 500 € :worship:

gillian
11-16-2010, 12:31 AM
I've been able to watch some of the concert the band did with the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and it is truly AMAZING. I love hearing some of the lesser known songs live ("Blue Sky" "Here I Stand & Face the Rain"). I only wish I could have been there.

I now have all their albums, except East of the Sun and West of the Moon. Minor Earth Major Sky & Scoundrel Days are my 2 favorites, but I really love ALL of their music. Truly a special band.

Eden
12-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I've been able to watch some of the concert the band did with the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and it is truly AMAZING. I love hearing some of the lesser known songs live ("Blue Sky" "Here I Stand & Face the Rain"). I only wish I could have been there.

It's always nice to hear these lesser known songs live at a concert. The fans who go to more concerts wanted to hear more variety and versions of songs the band didn't play that often but of course they had to take into consideration that a lot of the people who go to their concerts wanted to hear their classics and so a-ha had to find the right balance.

Also it requires some work to play a different setlist through a tour and I think many fans are disappointed that a-ha haven't changed the setlist that much in their last 2 tours.

I'm already getting emotional about the thought that all is over on Saturday :awww:

I regret it that I can't be in Oslo for the last concert :sad:

I now have all their albums, except East of the Sun and West of the Moon. Minor Earth Major Sky & Scoundrel Days are my 2 favorites, but I really love ALL of their music. Truly a special band.

I can highly recommend you the EOTSWOTM album :) One of my alltime favourite songs is on it: "Slender frame".

Wouldn't it be a nice present to get for Christmas? :angel:

Eden
12-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Thank you all

A Message From a-ha:

where to begin…
i suppose ‘thank you, all’ for once sums it up perfectly.
thank you is really the only thing that makes any sense at this point. thank you fans and friends – for giving us your time, your minds, your passion, in some cases a good chunk of your respective lives, and no doubt considerable amounts of your money.
you have made it possible for us to do what we loved in the way we had hoped to do it.
this is the end for us, and we will not know what a future together could have brought.
but we do know what the past has held; it was pretty amazing to be a part of it.
from the start as childhood friends, to the peak of our career, and all the points inbetween,
a-ha has coloured our lives in ways we don’t even seem to comprehend ourselves.
this is as far as the road took us – but hey, we came a fair distance by any standard!
one thing is certain: we did it together. now a-ha will be a memory of a life we once shared.
so thank you all :)
we will not forget you and we hope that you do not forget us.

snipp snapp snute…

magne f (on behalf of a-ha)

http://a-ha.com/news/articles/thank-you-all/

:awww: :sad:

Eden
12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
A song called "Bowling green" which a-ha dedicated to their former manager Terry Slater at their last concert yesterday in Oslo

ndtEcHniFRA

Eden
12-10-2010, 09:20 PM
The last "Take on me" ever :sad: :sobbing:

HRRPBm9JMzg

Eden
12-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Andreea, you can see the inteviews with Morten, Magne and Pal from the "Number One" report on Kabel1 from yesterday online.

They are in English without any subtitles.

Here is the link to the first part of the interview with Morten:

http://www.kabeleins.de/musik/number_one/videos/clips/clip_das-komplette-interview-mit-morten-von-a-ha-teil-1_38802/

In case you can't see the link from abroad - which apparently has happened to Non-German viewers - you can watch it here:

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7915639/Das_komplette_Interview_mit_Morten_von_A_ha_Teil_1

The interviews were already made last year shortly after the band announced the break-up.

There have also been interviews with one of Morten's nieces and Bunty Bailey, who was the girl in the "Take on me" video and became Morten's girlfriend later on.

MsTree
12-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks for posting the interview link Eden :D And for pointing me in the direction of this thread :D

I remember Take on Me when it first came out, and have their first couple of albums on vinyl :tape: Yes, I'm ancient! :lol: My favourite track is The Sun Always Shines on TV, but A-Ha were just one of those bands that just never had a bad tune imo. Shame they felt they had to call it a day but great that they managed to enjoy the ride for so long :)

NicolasKiefer44
01-01-2011, 05:21 PM
They will never fade in my eyes. I will never let go. The music will always live. I hope they keep the website open. Does anyone know of a great forum out there for a-ha? Or maybe there is a most popular forum out there for them?

Eden
01-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks for posting the interview link Eden :D And for pointing me in the direction of this thread :D

You are welcome :)

I remember Take on Me when it first came out, and have their first couple of albums on vinyl :tape: Yes, I'm ancient! :lol:

I'm ancient then as well because I also have them on vinyl ;) And wasn't it beautiful to have such huge covers back then compared to the small ones you have these days with CDs?

My favourite track is The Sun Always Shines on TV, but A-Ha were just one of those bands that just never had a bad tune imo.

Oh, I would say "Cry wolf" for example is a really bad tune - yet a-ha always seemed to like the song and play it at concerts :rolleyes:

Shame they felt they had to call it a day but great that they managed to enjoy the ride for so long :)

Yes, but it's without a doubt a better end to finish a career when people say "It's so sad that you are going to stop" instead of "When will you finally cease?" :)

Eden
01-03-2011, 06:30 PM
They will never fade in my eyes. I will never let go. The music will always live.

That's what the guys also say :)

Does anyone know of a great forum out there for a-ha? Or maybe there is a most popular forum out there for them?

I guess you are mainly interested in an English speaking one, right? ;)

Then you should visit this one: http://www.a-ha-wotm.com/

I post only in German ones where we have fans from abroad as well and therefore you can always ask something in English but the main language is German.

Eden
03-06-2011, 08:47 AM
a-ha got a special prize in Norway. Morten and Magne were there to receive it.

http://www.tv2.no/play/underholdning/gkn/siste/?progId=497499

(First some Norwegian artists perform "The sun always shines on TV")

Eden
03-17-2011, 07:46 PM
A year ago this month, a-ha launched their final world tour in South America. The Ending on a High Note tour was a live celebration of a-ha’s 25 year career, which included stops in 63 cities in 21 countries, and culminated in four concerts in their home town of Oslo last December. The band’s last ever live concert took place on December 4, 2010, and was recorded for release on DVD.

The Final Concert will be available in four formats: Blu-ray, DVD, Deluxe (2 CDs + DVD) and CD only. The tracklists are:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61--o8YGmcL._SS400_.jpg

CD 1
1. The Sun Always Shines On TV
2. Move To Memphis
3. The Blood That Moves The Body
4. Scoundrel Days
5. The Swing Of Things
6. Forever Not Yours
7. Stay On These Roads
8. Manhattan Skyline
9. Hunting High And Low
10. We`re Looking For The Whales

CD2
1. Butterfly, Butterfly (The last hurrah)
2. Crying In The Rain
3. Minor Earth, Major Sky
4. Summer Moved on
5. I`ve Been Losing You
6. Foot Of The Mountain
7. Cry Wolf
8. Analogue
9. The Living Daylights
10. Take On Me

DVD
1. The Sun Always Shines On TV
2. Move To Memphis
3. The Blood That Moves the Body
4. Scoundrel Days
5. The Swing of Things
6. Forever Not Yours
7. Stay On These Roads
8. Manhattan Skyline
9. Hunting High And Low
10. We’re Looking For The Whales
11. Butterfly, Butterfly (The Last Hurrah)
12. Crying In The Rain
13. Minor Earth Major Sky
14. Summer Moved On
15. I’ve Been Losing You
16. Foot Of The Mountain
17. Cry Wolf
18. Analogue
19. The Living Daylights
20. Take On Me

gillian
07-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Dying to get the "Final Concert" DVD. I'm so grateful I got to see a-ha live before they retired. Amazing band. I'll miss them.

Eden
08-11-2011, 10:21 AM
a-ha are going to take part in a concert at the national memorial service for the victims of the tragedy in Norway which will take place in Oslo on August 21st.

http://a-ha.com/news/articles/a-ha-participates-in-a-national-memorial-service/

Eden
08-21-2011, 10:14 PM
a-ha performed "Stay on these roads" :awww:

PDbRmAx76rM

Eden
05-10-2012, 12:05 AM
I went to Morten's soloconcert in Berlin last Sunday.

It was strange to see him on stage without Magne and Pal especially during the a-ha songs he performed.

I was really surprised that he decided to play so many songs from his former band

Crying In The Rain
Out Of Blue Comes Green
Move To Memphis
Forever Not Yours
We're looking for the Whales
Stay On These Roads
Foot Of The Mountain
Take On Me

and that they were arranged in the same way as they would have been if Morten would have performed with a-ha. He even had two musicians with him on stage who were with a-ha on their last tours.

But of course it was great to listen to those songs and also Morten's solo stuff :)

acionescu
05-10-2012, 05:32 AM
How is this he looking sounding these days?

Shinoj
05-10-2012, 06:53 AM
I like his Take on me song a lot. It is one of my all time favorites.And in hindsight That 80s Music was just awesome:hearts:

Eden
05-10-2012, 08:42 AM
How is this he looking sounding these days?

Have a look here:

http://www.flickr.com//photos/46999406@N07/sets/72157629638477666/show/with/7159570236/

You may believe it or not but in the a-ha forums is the same discussion about Morten's hair going on like you have in Rafa's forum :lol:

I would have liked it if Morten would have sung a few more accoustic songs like this one

qf2qNLmdk2s

This is my favorite solo song from Morten from his "Wild seed" album

jWw1NJT_3bg

These are probably my two favorite songs from his latest solo album "Out of my hands"

C7jJ85qu-Nw

PSdqlVCQBps

Two of my all time favorite a-ha songs

BoU3SregjdI

b8Ff9ABCUEg

A song Morten dedicated to Magne and Pal

lyWDsMWpQO8

I like his Take on me song a lot. It is one of my all time favorites.And in hindsight That 80s Music was just awesome:hearts:

Morten and also his former a-ha mates Magne and Pal were always a bit annoyed that they got reduced to "Take on me" during their whole career. Even now when you see a report about Morten they show a scene of the legendary "Take on me" video.

Therefore I was surprised that Morten decided to perform "Take on me" on his solo tour.

But it is really a great song to finish a concert with - no matter if it was with a-ha or alone now...

ITyFteKFyOo

scoobs
05-10-2012, 09:34 AM
I can't stop playing Headlines and Deadlines at the moment.

Eden
05-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Which songs do you especially like Chris? :)

scoobs
05-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Which songs do you especially like Chris? :)
Take on Me, The Sun Always Shines on TV, Manhattan Skyline, I Call Your Name, and Stay On These Roads are my faves :hearts: