Who's Going? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's Going?

T.Enthusiast
03-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi everyone. Just got my tickets for the 28 and 29th . It will be great to see Nadal and Federer.
:)

NadalSharapova
03-04-2009, 10:10 PM
How did you get the tickets?

cath85
03-04-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm wondering that too, especially since you're not French

Deborah
03-05-2009, 08:36 AM
You can order tickets on the official website, but there aren't many available anymore...

T.Enthusiast
03-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes in fact last sunday you could order the tickets on the official site and I had the chance to get some for the main court on the 28 and 29th (I will keep you updated). At the moment I ordered them there were already a lot of places unavailable and the homepage was permently overloaded. There will be a second chance to get tickets but I think only for the smaler courts.... You can check out by visiting http://www.fft.fr/rolandgarros/billetterie_en/. Good luck;)

T.Enthusiast
03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
(I'm wondering that too, especially since you're not French) By the way I don't tink that you have to be French to get tickets for Roland Garros.

cath85
03-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes in fact last sunday you could order the tickets on the official site and I had the chance to get some for the main court on the 28 and 29th (I will keep you updated). At the moment I ordered them there were already a lot of places unavailable and the homepage was permently overloaded. There will be a second chance to get tickets but I think only for the smaler courts.... You can check out by visiting http://www.fft.fr/rolandgarros/billetterie_en/. Good luck;)

so are you sure you got those tickets? I ordered some too, but apparently I have to wait until Friday to know if I got them. it's a pretty weird system, it wasn't like that over the past years.

(I'm wondering that too, especially since you're not French) By the way I don't tink that you have to be French to get tickets for Roland Garros.

yeah, my sentence didn't quite come out the way I wanted :lol: I meant that it's easier for French people with a "licence" to get tickets, they always have the priority.
and I also intended to say something like "you're not French... but you're from Luxembourg :eek:" it's quite unusual to meet fellow-countrymen on here ;) nevermind :lol:

T.Enthusiast
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah no problem:) I was just kidding.
Yeah you are right, the tickets will be confirmed tomorrow. But I ordred them at 1 am in the morning and they said first come first served. At 9 am there were some tickets left so I am really confident that I will get the one I ordered.
That's great to meat people from Luxembourg here. Where are yo playing? (I just added you to my Buddy list)

cath85
03-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah no problem:) I was just kidding.
Yeah you are right, the tickets will be confirmed tomorrow. But I ordred them at 1 am in the morning and they said first come first served. At 9 am there were some tickets left so I am really confident that I will get the one I ordered.
That's great to meat people from Luxembourg here. Where are yo playing? (I just added you to my Buddy list)

yeah we'll see tomorrow then! big day :p
I actually don't play in Luxembourg right now. I'm at uni in France so I play there, but it's my last and so I'm planning on starting to play in Luxembourg again next year. I used to play in Steinfort, but I might choose another club, because there were some things I didn't like that much... how about you?

T.Enthusiast
03-06-2009, 07:36 AM
yeah we'll see tomorrow then! big day :p
I actually don't play in Luxembourg right now. I'm at uni in France so I play there, but it's my last and so I'm planning on starting to play in Luxembourg again next year. I used to play in Steinfort, but I might choose another club, because there were some things I didn't like that much... how about you?
Well I started to play tennis last year and I am playing at kockelscheur at Estess which is a kind of an international tennis and sport school. I am pretty happy with this solution because the coaches are great and it is based on a serious and quite professional way.

cath85
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Well I started to play tennis last year and I am playing at kockelscheur at Estess which is a kind of an international tennis and sport school. I am pretty happy with this solution because the coaches are great and it is based on a serious and quite professional way.

sounds perfect! do you play it as a competition? I trained for a few years in Steinfort and I was still very bad (could have never played it in a competition), that's one of the things I blame them for. no seriousness at all

T.Enthusiast
03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Not yet...But I am looking forward to play in competition:wavey:

cath85
03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Not yet...But I am looking forward to play in competition:wavey:

well, I wish you good luck then! :D

Mariska1980
04-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Anyone else visiting Roland Garros from here? I'm going the full 2 weeks to France, with a couple of friends. We have tickets for almost every day, only may 27th and may 30(my birthday, and I SO want tickets!) are missing.

So far 3 days with showcourt tickets, and the other days smaller courts only... But we go try for evening tickets as well, and hopefully the two missing days will be showcourts too :D

*Ljubica*
04-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Anyone else visiting Roland Garros from here? I'm going the full 2 weeks to France, with a couple of friends. We have tickets for almost every day, only may 27th and may 30(my birthday, and I SO want tickets!) are missing.

So far 3 days with showcourt tickets, and the other days smaller courts only... But we go try for evening tickets as well, and hopefully the two missing days will be showcourts too :D

Yes - I go to RG every year :) This year just for the first 4 days, Sunday to Wednesday. Can't go any longer this year because of work :sad: Have fun there.

Sommarsverige
04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I am going as well :)

I will be going from saturday until wednesday during the first week!
Still need tickets for sunday and wednesday, no matter which court

TomekPoland
05-04-2009, 09:13 AM
i am going as well! i have 3 tickets for Chatrier for 4th June. these will be two women's semi-finals. i was pretty lucky during the ordering and the allocation process lol. i cant wait!

ajtour
05-09-2009, 04:19 AM
I'm going for Benny Berthet Day (definitely, have tickets) and perhaps one of the evenings (playing it by ear, will walk up if so). This is my second trip to Paris and first trip to Roland Garros. Can you tell I'm excited? ====> :yippee:

Does anyone know when the Benny Berthet Day lineup will be announced? Is it traditionally posted a few days or weeks in advance? And, if a player is not scheduled for an exhibition, will he/she likely be practicing on the outer courts that day?

We are lucky to have an ATP event near my home, so I've seen many players over the years. However, this will be my mother's first tournament and she would really like to see Safin (last chance before retirement), Federer, Safina, and Serena. For those who have gone several years . . . do these four players have 'favorite' practice courts where you can usually find them? Or, do you just show up that morning and ask for a practice schedule?

Thanks, and hope to see some of you there!

Swiss Mountain
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I go, my first time, even though I live just near it since 8 years. Couldn't have places!

EricL
05-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Have been a tennis fan since the late 80s, but never been to be tennis tournment during all this time. Will be in Paris for the June 5th weekend, so was thinking of going to RG to expereince the atomosphere.

- Is there a big screen somewhere on the RG ground?
- How far is the walk to the nearst Metro stations
- Any general advice of how to enjoy the atomosphere there even without ticket?

Rimon
05-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi all,

I will be coming next week to Roland Garros for the first time (and hopefully not the last), with my 10 year old son.

I have a few first-timer questions:

a. Can I bring food and water with me into the stadium?
b. Is it permitted to take pictures while inside the stadium, and will the French authorities permit me to use my DSLR and a decent lens (not a humongous one), or should I take my point and shoot camera, or nothing at all?

Thank you for your time and trouble,
Rimon

aj*smile
05-31-2009, 07:56 AM
Quick answers! We attended Benny Berthet Day last Saturday and tried the Evening Visitors program Wednesday, so now I know a little more about the venue.

1) Yes, bring food & drink! We had granola bars, fruit, and bottles of water with us and didn't have trouble at security.

2) Yes, DSLR's and lenses are fine. I had no trouble getting them in or using them in the stadiums. You're just not allowed to have a video camera.

3) Metro Line #10 "Porte d'Auteuil" station is a few short blocks away. Straight down a sidewalk along a pretty park . . . easy to figure out where to go just by following the crowd/signs. There's a bus stop at the same intersection, also labeled "Porte d'Auteuil." Bus #32 definitely goes there. Not sure which others.

4) For enjoying the atmosphere without tickets, stay in Paris and go to the Hotel de Ville. On the grounds, they've set up a full-sized clay court and giant screen TV. No tickets required. It wasn't up yet last week, but it looks like a fun spectacle!

5) To answer my own question from earlier . . . no practice schedules are posted. Grrrr. It's so much easier at the ATP Masters event in Cincinnati where there seem to be no secrets. You walk up to Information, pick up a schedule, and know who's practicing when and on which court. Roland Garros does not do this, so you just have to walk around and take your chances. Try the back left practice court (behind Lenglen). It's blocked off and the big names were using it (Federer, Sharapova). You can stand on the back of the bleachers on the adjoining court and see very well . . . for awhile, anyway. It's not too comfortable to stay there, as you can't sit down and are fighting crowds :).

6) I don't think anyone asked this, but skip the "Evening Visitors" program. Totally false advertising. :sad: We tried to go on Wednesday for Nadal and/or Safin's 2nd round matches. Got in line at 4:15 p.m. There wasn't a long line at all. The posted time of 5:00 p.m. came and went . . . nothing. Gates didn't open. By 5:20 p.m., gates still hadn't opened and we learned on our Blackberries that Nadal was already about to finish and Safin was down 2-0 sets. Came back at 6:30 p.m. when we learned Safin's match was becoming a thriller. There was still a line, and it was not moving a bit. We left for good, went back to the hotel, turned on the TV, and saw all the empty seats in Chartier. SO disappointing, and it really soured my Roland Garros experience. I get that it's a Grand Slam, but I've worked major events before, and this is terrible PR. They're just getting people's hopes up by posting on their website that you're welcome to show up at 5:00 p.m. and buy tickets as available. I'm sure their official word is that they were "sold out." However, one look at the television confirmed that was false. The very large Chartier Stadium (center court) was *maybe* 2/3 full, if that. More like 1/2. Very disappointing. We were only in Paris a week and spent valuable time waiting in that line to no aval. :(

7) On the plus side: kudos to Nadal and Monfils for playing Benny Berthet Day exhibitions with all enthusiasm as if it were their real matches. Great to watch!

Grades:
A+: Nadal and Monfils for their enthusiasm
A+: The Menorca booth with free Nadal posters and a little stand where you can take free photos made to look like you're standing with him
A+: Easy access by both Metro and Bus
F: RG tournament management for their poorly run "Evening Visitors" gimmick which is basically an outright lie

Southpaw
05-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Does anyone know where the tune that the kids at RG chant comes from?

Not the "alleeeeeeez!" chant but the one that sounds trumpet like. Is it from a TV programme? I've just come back from 3 days at RG and it's doing my head in!! :rolleyes:

Cheers