No Indian Wells or Miami for Robby in 2009! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

No Indian Wells or Miami for Robby in 2009!

03-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Robby has been having trouble with a hip injury, but hopes to play at I.W. I put the thread up in hopes he is able to play, but we will have to wait and see :unsure:

Deboogle!.
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Robby pulled out. Maybe instead of starting a new thread for each tourney he's not playing or losing early, we could just keep changing the subject and have one 'cheering' thread or something?

rege
03-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Damn, he's still injured?

On a somewhat unrelated note, a friend of mine saw Isner & Querry working out in Westwood today... two gigantic guys, hard to miss.

03-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Damn, he's still injured?

On a somewhat unrelated note, a friend of mine saw Isner & Querry working out in Westwood today... two gigantic guys, hard to miss.
I checked his website, but it still had only the information where he pulled out of Delray Beach on it. May be the hip is still a problem for him :unsure:

rege
03-13-2009, 05:33 AM
A friend of mine injured his hip about the other year and it took him about two months (with one setback when he got tired of waiting) to be able to run without pain. I'm not sure what Robby's hip issue might be, but a hip injury would probably have an impact on every aspect of his game so he should take his time and make sure he's fully recovered before he returns to tournament play.

03-16-2009, 12:57 AM
A friend of mine injured his hip about the other year and it took him about two months (with one setback when he got tired of waiting) to be able to run without pain. I'm not sure what Robby's hip issue might be, but a hip injury would probably have an impact on every aspect of his game so he should take his time and make sure he's fully recovered before he returns to tournament play.
I agree with you 100%. Most players try to come back too quickly and like your friend all that gets them is a setback. Robby could always use this time to try to get his head back together :rolleyes: When he isn't physically injuried it seems like Robby's main problem on tour is between his ears :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

03-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Robby is listed as being out in Miami also :sad:

Baghdatis#1
03-22-2009, 05:45 PM
:bigcry:

03-23-2009, 02:14 AM
I checked Robby's website again, but there has been no update since Feb. when his hip problem was mentioned. So I guess the hip must still be the problem :shrug:

darkdesigns
05-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I checked Robby's website again, but there has been no update since Feb. when his hip problem was mentioned. So I guess the hip must still be the problem :shrug:

Ah, that's why I hasn't heard of him for a while.
Thanks for the info.

Robby Ginepri Profile (http://www.allsportspeople.com/tennis/people/Robby_Ginepr)