Gaston out of the Olympics [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gaston out of the Olympics

UseTheSearchTool
08-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Due to a knee injury Gaston will not be playing at the Olympics. It seems that he needs 2 weeks rest to recover. I am very disappointed that he can't represent Argentina at the Olympics.

Tricky_Forehand
08-07-2004, 08:39 AM
:banghead: :sad: :banghead: :sad:

And if that doesn't say enough...DAMNIT!!!

UseTheSearchTool
08-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Yes, well I hope for his sake, that he is still playing tennis in 4 more years and get another chance to represent Argentina at the Games.

jazz_girl
08-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Are you sure it's a knee injury? I read in several newspapers that he's injured his heel. It's the same one that left him out of Wimbledon.

*Ljubica*
08-07-2004, 02:07 PM
I am so sad for Gaston - get well soon Gato :) And Jazz - I read that it was a knee injury on Gaston's web-site, and the girl who runs it is usually pretty accurate. Such a great shame for him though :sad:

sigmagirl91
08-08-2004, 02:47 AM
Gaston :sad:

Devotee
08-08-2004, 05:43 AM
ESPN said he had a shoulder injury! So which is it?
:confused:

Action Jackson
08-08-2004, 05:46 AM
Like ESPN have a clue about what is going on.

A recent BBC report

Gaudio to miss Athens

French Open champion Gaston Gaudio will not play at the Olympic Games because of shoulder and heel injuries. ]

He is the second top Argentine player to pull out following Guillermo Coria, the player he beat to win in Paris.

Gaudio went home for medical checks after losing to Britain's Greg Rusedski in the second round of the Cincinnati Masters earlier this week.

Argentina's Olympic hopes now rest with David Nalbandian, who has also been struggling with injuries.

The two replacements for the injured players will be Mariano Zabaleta and Agustin Calleri.

It doesn't matter what the injuries are, but they are keeping him out of the Olympics, which was his big chance for redemption after the shit that happened in Malaga last year.

Richard Cranium
08-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Just like everyone here, we are disappointed that Gaston isn't going to the Olympics, lets hope that he can bounce back from this and hopefully he can play Davis Cup next year.

Sommarsverige
08-08-2004, 08:21 PM
I am so sad that Gaston cannot play the Olympics.
Really hope he can recover soon and he will be back on the
courts very soon!
I really hope he will get a new chance for the Olympics in 4 years....!

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Yes, it sucks that he is out of the Olympics, just hope for his sake that he can be around in another 4 years to play in the next one.

FryslanBoppe
08-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Bad luck Gaston, just try and make it through the rest of the year and if possible improve your results on hardcourts.

RogiFan88
08-12-2004, 03:57 AM
so who is carrying the flag for ARG?? not that I w know the athlete...

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-12-2004, 12:53 PM
I am not sure actually.

Here is the latest news from Gaston.

Gaston spoke to Clarin yesterday and here are his statements:
"Skipping the Olympic Games makes me very upset. I was in Sydney and it was a very nice experience. It's not just like any other tournament, the games are something different ", said the champion of Roland Garros. About his injury in the right ankle, Gaudio explained that: "It is the same pain that I drag from the match I
played with David in semifinals of RG. I slid and hit my ankle and since then it hurts. Moreover, to play the final of Roland Garros, I had to infiltrate myself. I believe that I will be well for the US Open."

PerezRoldan
08-14-2004, 07:27 AM
All he can do now is recover and watch the games and hopefully that one of his teammates can win a medal of some colour, and improve his results on hardcourts.